Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 15 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:28 am

[Infirmary]

Colin smiled wryly, "I did... There were broken pieces there, and I gathered them up. But yes, since she's not Fallen, I, too, hope she can get out in one piece... Ideally, she'll get away from the Nephandi entirely, but that might be too optimistic..."

Kira frowned at this and nodded.

"If you say so. We'll head to your room then. But I do want Dr. Lee to make sure your actually all right, just to be on the safe side. Are you cool with that?" he asked.

"I guess so."
Kyle muttered hesitantly. Richard started examining the young mage carefully, checking his pulse at the wrist, listening to his heart and checking his eyes. Then your Cabalmate frowned.
"He have had quite a shock, and that in addition to not eating well for days and not sleeping either and being under allot of stress for some time is not good. I would like to put him on a IV drip to give him fluids and nourishment."
The doctor told Helena.
"But I doubt he will let me."
Kyle frowned and shook his head. Helena looked at the Akashic.
"Is he going to be ok anyway Dr Lee is his life in danger?"
"No not at the moment but his general health is, due to stress over the coming trial he have not taken good care of himself.
"Well it is going to have to be up to him, I do not want to force him to do anything."
Helena said and she looked at Kyle.
"I just want to go to my room."
The younger Hermetic said.
"I do not want to be here."

He smiled thinly, "Miss Araceli Marco, I presume? My name is not important - but I got your contact information from Mr. Tauge Rivers, to ask you if you would kindly tell me what you know about a certain ghost's laboratory..."

"Yes that is me...and if you want me to talk with you then who you are is sort of important...my Mentor? How do you know him?"
The young Nephanda asked suspiciously.
"Why would you ask about that damn lab?"
She asked sourly.

[Waltham]

A moment's silence, then a sigh. 'So the only vital piece is some of that gas. Is there any way to scan for it? So as soon as we locate some, we teleport it out of there. So it can't be destroyed.'

"Yes the only vital piece is the lab but as I said we can neither scan nor teleport it out as it is in a lab which is warded and set to destroy the content if it is magickally affected by someone not Jace himself."
Jeffry said.
"If it was as easy as just teleport it out we would not have even left the Chantry."

'"Done" as in "found solution".'

"Ah yes...we have."
The Chief agreed with a nod.

Nicole nodded to this.

"Let us get in the cars then while Mr Riex works on his illusions."
The old Hermetic said and he went up to each car and spoke in Latin and did several hand gestures before moving on to the next.

(OOC: Yeah it was fun, I do not have allot of table space but we made it work. And everyone wanted to see Hufsa move and cuddle my cat, Vervain stayed out until everyone had left as she is shy and the spider pretended to be a statue.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 15 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Adley Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:49 am

[Narim's room]

"I...have seen that angle before...once when my hand was injured and you where with me...she is beautiful..." Narim muttered as he looked into your eyes. "And so are you."

He gave a wry smile. "Well, she is, always. I don't know about me, right now. I could probably use a comb through my hair. But yes, you know who it is. We are a bit fond of you, or she is because I am."

"Ehm...yes...questions...that I have yes...ehm...I really am just wondering what i will need to think about and do during the working." The Virtual Adept said, still blushing allot.

"That's why I asked earlier if you had concepts that we had in common. If there is a meditation that you think you could use for that, perhaps it would help?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:08 am

[Narim's room]

He gave a wry smile. "Well, she is, always. I don't know about me, right now. I could probably use a comb through my hair. But yes, you know who it is. We are a bit fond of you, or she is because I am."

"Ah well your hair always look a bit ruffled, it is part of your charm."
Narim said with a warm smile.
"Who knows what came first. I think my Avatar, my Core is fond of you to, perhaps it got fond of you first and so then I got fond of you was well, or perhaps it got fond of you because I am. I do not question the gift the Gods have brought. One never know how long a relationship will last and I do not want to put pressure on either of us, but right now you are here, and I get to love you, and that is a gift."

"That's why I asked earlier if you had concepts that we had in common. If there is a meditation that you think you could use for that, perhaps it would help?"

"Well there is a meditation and Mantra to Lord Brahman himself, I believe he is the best similarity to your idea of Kether, he is the world soul, the well of creation even if he is not created, the point of divinity from which creation can spring."
Narim said.
"I was taught a meditation of the idea of my Atman eventually joining back with Lord Brahman when it have gone through many lives and learned all the lessons it want to learn by my father as a little boy. I can use that."
He said and the Virtual Adept got the sad bittersweet look in his eyes as he always got when talking about his family and he glanced at the photographs on the wall showing his parents and sibilings and himself as a child.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:27 pm

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"Yes that is me...and if you want me to talk with you then who you are is sort of important...my Mentor? How do you know him?"
The young Nephanda asked suspiciously.
"Why would you ask about that damn lab?"
She asked sourly.
Colin shook his head, "I'm sure a certain infuriating, scar-faced Englishman has come up a number of times over the past two months... I'm afraid your Mentor has failed in his mission and been captured, but as an act of spite, I suppose, he wanted to help my group with an assault on the laboratory. As such, he advised I might ask you for some information about the place. He's not been harmed needlessly or tortured, mind you, he volunteered your contact information."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:50 pm

[Attic]

"Captured...shit...is he alive? Do that mean he will be...?"
The young woman asked nervously.
"Yeah he was never in favor of allied ourselves with Wallace Jace, and after what the bastard did to me I guess he would ask me to talk to you out of spite for the ghost. Ok it is not like I owe Jace any loyalty."
Ara sigh then she said.
"Ok I assume you know where the lab is, if you have already planned an assault and what you need help with is how to get past the defenses and into the building itself? Mind you I only was there once so there is a limit to what I can tell you. But ask what you want Mr Englishman and I will see if I am able to answer."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:24 pm

[Attic]
Anja wrote:"Captured...shit...is he alive? Do that mean he will be...?"
The young woman asked nervously.
Colin nodded, "I'm afraid so... But he said he is at peace with it, as much as one can be; his Avatar is old and tired, and while it is not the way out he was hoping for, it is an end... His last concern is for your safety; you don't deserve to be killed or worse in this fight, so you may want to make yourself scarce and go to ground somewhere. Much as he tried to murder my apprentice, I can quite respect him for caring for his own."

Anja wrote:"Yeah he was never in favor of allied ourselves with Wallace Jace, and after what the bastard did to me I guess he would ask me to talk to you out of spite for the ghost. Ok it is not like I owe Jace any loyalty."
Ara sigh then she said.
"Ok I assume you know where the lab is, if you have already planned an assault and what you need help with is how to get past the defenses and into the building itself? Mind you I only was there once so there is a limit to what I can tell you. But ask what you want Mr Englishman and I will see if I am able to answer."
He nodded, putting the phone on speaker, and starting a recording on his own phone, "Very well, let's start with how to enter the building, then, and which route to take to reach the laboratory entrance without tripping the defenses? I should prefer to avoid blowing it up prematurely."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:40 pm

[Attic]

Colin nodded, "I'm afraid so... But he said he is at peace with it, as much as one can be; his Avatar is old and tired, and while it is not the way out he was hoping for, it is an end... His last concern is for your safety; you don't deserve to be killed or worse in this fight, so you may want to make yourself scarce and go to ground somewhere. Much as he tried to murder my apprentice, I can quite respect him for caring for his own."

"Yes he have...mentioned that is Avatar is tired...tired of life after life of being Fallen."
Ara said sadly.
"But I do not want to...loose him..ehm...what will happen to him...after..it is done?"
She asked softly.
"You can tell my Mentor not to worry I have...a place I can go, without him it will not be safe for me at the Labyrinth due to my low status, I prefer not to end up as some higher ranking member's fuck toy, but there is a place that will take in lost mages...I am just...tired of being kicked from faction to faction in this bloody war. But I will be safe I know how to survive."

He nodded, putting the phone on speaker, and starting a recording on his own phone, "Very well, let's start with how to enter the building, then, and which route to take to reach the laboratory entrance without tripping the defenses? I should prefer to avoid blowing it up prematurely."

"Well we went in a side entrance, then down one long corridor and to the right...no wait, to the left and then right. The you get to the old medical wing. Jace's lab is the second door on the right. The bloody ghost put drops of something into a mechanism on the door and then opened it, there is some sort of ward there that will trigger if you open the door without it. I saw a vampire working there in the lab he helped Jace with what...was done to me."
The young Nephanda was silent for a while.
"Anyway that vampire is like none I ahve ever seen, he is not human looking sort of...and there are two more vampires there and they are afraid of him. I also saw a pretty nasty spirit while I was there, a personification of pain, it guards the Umbra around the building together with an insane old shapeshifter. I do not know which kind but I saw them there. It felt like to doors to each section, we passed through to to get to the medical wing, had some sort of magick put on it, the bloody medium Jace have with him and that he possess when he need to did a gesture at each intersection and it felt like a spell scanned us sort of."
She said then she sigh again.
"I am sorry I was just taken from the parking lot and into the lab and then back...when...they where done...I don't know that much."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:35 pm

Anja's Post:

'Then we're fucked...' Nicole muttered, now clearly annoyed. 'Okay. How about all of us becoming invisible?'

Anja's Post:

'What's the point? Still have this bomb. Unless we can find some way to deal with it we might as well just head back and start evacuating Boston.'

[MS / whatever roll, Great One. However, I'm reaching the conclusion you've made a completely unwinnable situation for if every answer leads back to "bomb explodes" and basically, we'll be relying on on the trigger-holder being *really* stupid and never firing it.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:04 pm

[Boston]

'Then we're fucked...' Nicole muttered, now clearly annoyed. 'Okay. How about all of us becoming invisible?'

"We will need to get to the lab Miss Bouchard no one said this would be easy."
Jeffry said.
"We have a sample of Wallace Jace's spinal fluids which is the key to the entrance of the lab, now whatever or not his allies can blow up the lab at a distance we just do not know, what we lack is data, a possibility a mission will fail is not a reason to give up."
The old Hermetic replied firmly.

'What's the point? Still have this bomb. Unless we can find some way to deal with it we might as well just head back and start evacuating Boston.'

"Like I said we have the key Miss Bouchard, you are more than welcome to leave I will not force anyone to take part in a risk filled mission, but yes we will have to get past the guards and we will have to deal with possible traps, most of us have faced worse in the past."
The Chief replied before he continued casting spells on the cars.

(OOC: That they can not just teleport what they need out of Jace's lab is a no win scenario. They have a 300 year old Master of the Art who is a battle mage, several Adepts and some Disciples, yes they have to physically enter the building or the Umbra around it and yes there will be combat not all will be handed to them but that is hardly a no win scenario. Using magick on the lab from the outside means the spell set to destroy it if it is tampered with go off yes but that is why it was a point to get Jace's samples. You do not even know if anyone hold a trigger, Jace have WARDED his lab as most mages do, that ward include a self destruct. It is possible some of his minions also can set that off, that you simply do not know.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:35 pm

[Narim's room]

Ah well your hair always look a bit ruffled, it is part of your charm."
Narim said with a warm smile.
"Who knows what came first. I think my Avatar, my Core is fond of you to, perhaps it got fond of you first and so then I got fond of you was well, or perhaps it got fond of you because I am. I do not question the gift the Gods have brought. One never know how long a relationship will last and I do not want to put pressure on either of us, but right now you are here, and I get to love you, and that is a gift.

He nodded. "Not one I expected to get, honestly..."

Well there is a meditation and Mantra to Lord Brahman himself, I believe he is the best similarity to your idea of Kether, he is the world soul, the well of creation even if he is not created, the point of divinity from which creation can spring."
Narim said.
"I was taught a meditation of the idea of my Atman eventually joining back with Lord Brahman when it have gone through many lives and learned all the lessons it want to learn by my father as a little boy. I can use that."

"Those are useful, I think...you will know when the energy changes I think, but there are a few cue words that you can use if you want to orient yourself to my spellwork." He showed him the transition points so he would have an idea where he may implement his own meditations. He frowned in worry. "I hope my brother is okay...part of me wants to be there with him, but I know I asked for help from everyone that might help him, at least right now. I'll go see him as soon as I can...I will text my sora if she doesn't come down soon. I don't think we can afford to wait too long and if she is with him, then she is needed more there."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:57 pm

[Narim's Room]

He nodded. "Not one I expected to get, honestly..."

"Not me either. I hoped off course but between my studies and my work for the Chantry and my Mentor I did not think it was my fate to get such a gift. I am glad I was wrong."
Narim said with a smile.

"Those are useful, I think...you will know when the energy changes I think, but there are a few cue words that you can use if you want to orient yourself to my spellwork." He showed him the transition points so he would have an idea where he may implement his own meditations. He frowned in worry. "I hope my brother is okay...part of me wants to be there with him, but I know I asked for help from everyone that might help him, at least right now. I'll go see him as soon as I can...I will text my sora if she doesn't come down soon. I don't think we can afford to wait too long and if she is with him, then she is needed more there."

The Virtual Adept paid close attention to your instructions and he nodded that he understood.
"You can go to check on Kyle you know. My room is well warded I will be okey here for a little while as you check on him."
The Technomancer said.
"I am sure Miss Mar will be down soon it have probably just taken a bit of time to see to Kyle, and as for the kid I think he will be okey, I can not promise so off course as I do not know the situation but it sounded from what I have heard of the whole thing that he got scared when his Avatar was spooked and with him eating to little and sleeping less lately that shock might have been a bit to much, I am sure when he is calmer a good night rest will fix him right up."
Narim said to try to make you worry less though he knew that task was futile.

You got a text from Helena which said.
"I am heading down now, sorry it took a few minutes to calm Kyle down but Mr Yager have managed to do so, they are now discussing further treatment, as in Dr Lee want to keep the kid up there and treat him and Kyle do not want that. I will leave it up to our brother I do not think forcing him is wise, though perhaps Mr Yager can convince him to be sensible. How are things in the Deacon's room?"

At this time there was a knock on the door and Narim went to open it, at least he did not just at every sound anymore.
"Ah Stephen, thank you, come in."
He said and it was clearly Helena's apprentice with the books you wanted, which he placed on a nearby table.
"Here are the books Uncle Adley, sorry it took a minute the library is full of the gusts from Worechester."
"And this fancy dude stalks around like if he owns the place. I found it best to stay out of his way, so it took a little longer than planned, sorry."

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops guests from Worechester not Westchapel.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:34 pm

[Narim's Room]

"Not me either. I hoped off course but between my studies and my work for the Chantry and my Mentor I did not think it was my fate to get such a gift. I am glad I was wrong." Narim said with a smile.

He shrugged. "I know I didn't make it easy. I just thought it would be easier to protect everyone if I wasn't...too involved. Because, this sort of thing, where bad people take advantage of that. I saw it as a weakness but I didn't know how to make it a strength, until this year."

"You can go to check on Kyle you know. My room is well warded I will be okey here for a little while as you check on him."
The Technomancer said.
"I am sure Miss Mar will be down soon it have probably just taken a bit of time to see to Kyle, and as for the kid I think he will be okey, I can not promise so off course as I do not know the situation but it sounded from what I have heard of the whole thing that he got scared when his Avatar was spooked and with him eating to little and sleeping less lately that shock might have been a bit to much, I am sure when he is calmer a good night rest will fix him right up."

"I don't know what I'd add but that he may notice I support him. Which I do. But he's been through a lot." He was fretting but knew that there was only so much one could do at a time.

You got a text from Helena which said.
"I am heading down now, sorry it took a few minutes to calm Kyle down but Mr Yager have managed to do so, they are now discussing further treatment, as in Dr Lee want to keep the kid up there and treat him and Kyle do not want that. I will leave it up to our brother I do not think forcing him is wise, though perhaps Mr Yager can convince him to be sensible. How are things in the Deacon's room?"

He checked his phone and looked a little relieved. He texted back: 'He will not want to have certain treatments. Please see if my cabalmate can help him eat something simple, or at least have some water and try to rest. Tell him that I am thinking of him, and I will be there as soon as I can. I will see you soon. He said to Narim, "She will be here soon. My brother seems able to talk now, that is good..."

"Ah Stephen, thank you, come in."
He said and it was clearly Helena's apprentice with the books you wanted, which he placed on a nearby table.
"Here are the books Uncle Adley, sorry it took a minute the library is full of the gusts from Westchapel."
"And this fancy dude stalks around like if he owns the place. I found it best to stay out of his way, so it took a little longer than planned, sorry."

He took the books from him. "Thank you." He quickly looked through to see if they were there and nodded to himself, though he was a bit concerned that their library was being overrun while the librarian was out. "Hm, perhaps I know who you mean...it is not a good time just to have everyone wandering around. I thought they were helping assist us with our missions?" He seemed a bit confused. "Perhaps when my Euthanatos friend AJ returns from speaking with the Primus, you might give him a heads up, he knows more about the coordinating going on in that regard."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:50 pm

[Narim's Room]

He shrugged. "I know I didn't make it easy. I just thought it would be easier to protect everyone if I wasn't...too involved. Because, this sort of thing, where bad people take advantage of that. I saw it as a weakness but I didn't know how to make it a strength, until this year."

"I...liked you for a long time before I dared to say anything so I understand. As a Deacon I was afraid it would not be proper if I...asked you out. I mean one have to be careful if one is the leader or one of the leaders of something not to get into a conflict of interest, I am glad we sorted it all out so we can give this a chance."
Narim said with a farm smile.

"I don't know what I'd add but that he may notice I support him. Which I do. But he's been through a lot." He was fretting but knew that there was only so much one could do at a time.

"Kyle seam to be very proud to have a big brother so I am sure your presence alone can do allot Adley, but yes he is going through allot, but he is a strong kid, I am sure he will get through it."
The Virtual Adept said encouragingly.

He checked his phone and looked a little relieved. He texted back: 'He will not want to have certain treatments. Please see if my cabalmate can help him eat something simple, or at least have some water and try to rest. Tell him that I am thinking of him, and I will be there as soon as I can. I will see you soon. He said to Narim, "She will be here soon. My brother seems able to talk now, that is good..."

You got a reply back.
"Well Kyle did agree to being checked out, but he did not agree to getting an IV with nutrients and fluids, I will not force him. I will ask Mr Yager to see if he can talk him into getting something to eat and some rest at least, and I will let our brother know you think of him."
Narim nodded.
"That is good news."

He took the books from him. "Thank you." He quickly looked through to see if they were there and nodded to himself, though he was a bit concerned that their library was being overrun while the librarian was out.

All the books requested was there.
"No problem."
Stephen said with a grin.

"Hm, perhaps I know who you mean...it is not a good time just to have everyone wandering around. I thought they were helping assist us with our missions?" He seemed a bit confused. "Perhaps when my Euthanatos friend AJ returns from speaking with the Primus, you might give him a heads up, he knows more about the coordinating going on in that regard."

"Sure I can do that Uncle Adley. To me they just looked bored and bored mages read, some are in the common room as well having coffee and such. I will inform your friend where they are but they seam to be mostly in the common room or the library so they are not just wandering around all over the place."
Your young relative informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:07 pm

[Narim's rooms]

I...liked you for a long time before I dared to say anything so I understand. As a Deacon I was afraid it would not be proper if I...asked you out. I mean one have to be careful if one is the leader or one of the leaders of something not to get into a conflict of interest, I am glad we sorted it all out so we can give this a chance."

"Same, I don't really want to have to move so that I can date you. I like it here, and would rather stand beside you."

"Kyle seam to be very proud to have a big brother so I am sure your presence alone can do allot Adley, but yes he is going through allot, but he is a strong kid, I am sure he will get through it."

"I hope so."

"Well Kyle did agree to being checked out, but he did not agree to getting an IV with nutrients and fluids, I will not force him. I will ask Mr Yager to see if he can talk him into getting something to eat and some rest at least, and I will let our brother know you think of him."

'TY.

Sure I can do that Uncle Adley. To me they just looked bored and bored mages read, some are in the common room as well having coffee and such. I will inform your friend where they are but they seam to be mostly in the common room or the library so they are not just wandering around all over the place."

"Oh, if they're just occupying their time that's fine, nevermind," he said. "Thank you again for these, I hope they help fill in some gaps from my insight."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:34 pm

[Narim's rooms]

"Same, I don't really want to have to move so that I can date you. I like it here, and would rather stand beside you."

"I would not want you to move either. I like you living here, and Jeffry would be quite sad if you left you know, he is proud of Helena's position but he misses her, he is a bad ass war mage but he is a big softie when it comes to his students."
Narim said with a grin.
"What I did was inform the Deacon Council that i will be excusing myself from all decisions involving you, if you for example was appealing to the council for Tass for a project or for the leave to take on a student and bring him or her here, I would not be voting on that, so that neither can I coerce you in any way using my position or treat you more favorably than other members of the Chantry. It seamed to be a fair solution to me. Your Cabalmate recommended it to me."

"I hope so."

"He is a young Flambeau you lot tend to be made of sturdy stuff."
The Virtual Adept replied.

"Oh, if they're just occupying their time that's fine, nevermind," he said. "Thank you again for these, I hope they help fill in some gaps from my insight."

"yeah I heard some muttering that they are waiting to be called out to go after the Labyrinth but some stuff is needed from some lab to do that because some big bad is watching over the Labyrinth or something, and so Master Morgan have a team out trying to get that stuff that is needed, something like that."
"Oh and no problem at all...is there anything else you need Uncle Adley, I can get that for you before I go and see how Kyle is doing he looked rather sick when I saw him last and he was muttering in Enochian."
The kid continued as he looked at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:51 pm

[Narim's rooms]

"I would not want you to move either. I like you living here, and Jeffry would be quite sad if you left you know, he is proud of Helena's position but he misses her, he is a bad ass war mage but he is a big softie when it comes to his students."
Narim said with a grin.

"He has another student now, and someday apparently I will as well. But I am glad to know he regards us well."

"What I did was inform the Deacon Council that i will be excusing myself from all decisions involving you, if you for example was appealing to the council for Tass for a project or for the leave to take on a student and bring him or her here, I would not be voting on that, so that neither can I coerce you in any way using my position or treat you more favorably than other members of the Chantry. It seamed to be a fair solution to me. Your Cabalmate recommended it to me."

He nodded. "This can hardly be the first time such a thing has occurred."

"He is a young Flambeau you lot tend to be made of sturdy stuff." The Virtual Adept replied.

"Sometimes I wonder...Flambeau are trained for war, but not all of us relish it. Tytalus assume that all challenges lead to growth. They are not wrong, though I find myself wishing to create peace. I wonder what would have become of me should I have had another teacher, or become part of another House, Tytalus or Shaea. I have enough riddles in my life to qualify for Criamon," he added wryly. "But I am where I am supposed to be, in this now. Protecting us, this material world until we reclaim perfection."

"yeah I heard some muttering that they are waiting to be called out to go after the Labyrinth but some stuff is needed from some lab to do that because some big bad is watching over the Labyrinth or something, and so Master Morgan have a team out trying to get that stuff that is needed, something like that."
"Oh and no problem at all...is there anything else you need Uncle Adley, I can get that for you before I go and see how Kyle is doing he looked rather sick when I saw him last and he was muttering in Enochian."

""I have all I need for this now. I think he is doing better, you may catch him on the way out of there," he said, dismissing him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:26 pm

[Narim's rooms]

"He has another student now, and someday apparently I will as well. But I am glad to know he regards us well."

"I am sure you will be a good Mentor when you take a student...and I hope I will as well now what I have led a person to Awakening...but let me tell you that is scary as hell."
Narim said then he smiled a little.
"Even if Jeffry have another student do not mean he would miss you less you know, he still misses Helena but he do not want to stand in the way of her way, he want her to stand on her own feet and become all that she can be."

He nodded. "This can hardly be the first time such a thing has occurred."

"It is not, but there are no formal rules for it, in the Chantry rules or the Traditions at large. I hear that Peter, your brother fell in love with a Cultist while he was a Deacon Lux Iternins and he dated her for some time, there was never an issue. But I want to be correct. I do not like abuses of power, and while I would never do that, I do not want to put myself into a position where I could do it either, so I came to the arrangement that I did with the other Deacons."
The Virtual Adept said with a nod.

Sometimes I wonder...Flambeau are trained for war, but not all of us relish it. Tytalus assume that all challenges lead to growth. They are not wrong, though I find myself wishing to create peace. I wonder what would have become of me should I have had another teacher, or become part of another House, Tytalus or Shaea. I have enough riddles in my life to qualify for Criamon," he added wryly. "But I am where I am supposed to be, in this now. Protecting us, this material world until we reclaim perfection."

"I think perhaps part of you...would always have become a protector Adley even if you had been a Scribe or a Islamic philosopher and not a warrior, you protect those around you. But you know I wonder at times as well. If my mother had lived, chances are she would have apprenticed me and I would have been Euthanathos, would I have been able to...take lives? I mean I have run ops and teleported things to and from that my allies have used in war, and that have ended up with enemies dead...but to be the one to pull the trigger, could I have done that? I don't know. I understand you wondering though. I don't know House Criamon well but you would have been a wonderful Scribe. As for Tytalus...perhaps, they are warriors as well are they not? Lady Crexia is of House Tytalus is she not?"

""I have all I need for this now. I think he is doing better, you may catch him on the way out of there," he said, dismissing him.

"Ok, well you have my number if you need anything Uncle Adley...I will go and check on Kyle then...good evening...and to you to Master Sharaya."
He said and bowed before he left. Narim said his goodbyes to the kid as well then he gave you a slight smile.
"Your nephew seams to be a nice boy, but he is nothing like your sister, it is hard to imagine them as Mentor and student."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:09 pm

[Narim's room]

Even if Jeffry have another student do not mean he would miss you less you know, he still misses Helena but he do not want to stand in the way of her way, he want her to stand on her own feet and become all that she can be."

"Yes, that is so. She is driven."

It is not, but there are no formal rules for it, in the Chantry rules or the Traditions at large. I hear that Peter, your brother fell in love with a Cultist while he was a Deacon Lux Iternins and he dated her for some time, there was never an issue. But I want to be correct. I do not like abuses of power, and while I would never do that, I do not want to put myself into a position where I could do it either, so I came to the arrangement that I did with the other Deacons."

"Hm, I did not know that. I don't...ask a lot of questions about my former fratres, that have passed. I do not wish to bring up bad memories, and though I know some of the histories I wait until I have been given information rather than seek it. But of course I think it is wise to take precautions such as those."

"I think perhaps part of you...would always have become a protector Adley even if you had been a Scribe or a Islamic philosopher and not a warrior, you protect those around you. But you know I wonder at times as well. If my mother had lived, chances are she would have apprenticed me and I would have been Euthanathos, would I have been able to...take lives? I mean I have run ops and teleported things to and from that my allies have used in war, and that have ended up with enemies dead...but to be the one to pull the trigger, could I have done that? I don't know. I understand you wondering though. I don't know House Criamon well but you would have been a wonderful Scribe. As for Tytalus...perhaps, they are warriors as well are they not? Lady Crexia is of House Tytalus is she not?"

"Often, they are yes, and yes she is. But there are many battlefields that are open to Tytalus, and not all of them involve swords. Conflict brings growth for them. As for you...you may never know for sure until you act in that situation. I can help you with training, for it does help to have training to deal with the possibility of having to kill someone else, but the moment that such a situation arises is still critical. You may find that the situation is you or them, and that is easier in some ways to justify and logically understand even if you did not want to do it. But there can be other choices and times that are harder. I think these are the choices that Euthanatos question the most deeply, for they know the cost of taking lives even in good conscience." He shook his head a bit. "It is better to keep my mind on what we're going to do though than worry about the past, for now"

"Ok, well you have my number if you need anything Uncle Adley...I will go and check on Kyle then...good evening...and to you to Master Sharaya."

He nodded to him as he left.

Your nephew seams to be a nice boy, but he is nothing like your sister, it is hard to imagine them as Mentor and student."

"He has a warmer personality than my sora, or myself for that matter, at least until one gets to know me." He picked up one of the books and began to search through it for what was nagging at him, until Helena came down.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:23 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'There won't be a lab to enter if the enemy blows the thing up as soon as we're spotted.' Nicole replied. 'Let's just ignore the damn bomb then. If they can blow it themselves they will but we won't be around to be pissed off about it, if they can't blow it we'll be okay as long as we don't trip the switch.'

'As it seems impossible to locate, defuse, block, shield or to knock off the one with the clicker.'

Anja's Post:

'Getting past traps and guards means nothing if the boss of the place can hit the self-destruct button whenever they want to. I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to stop that possibility... of which there seems to be no way to do it. I say again, is there some way we can all be made invisible or something so we can knock off all the guards in the lab so they can't fire the bomb?'

[Nicole has suggested more than that, Great One and you know it. But if you create a situation where the enemy can cause a mass Game Over at will *and* there's no way to stop it from happening that *is* an unwinnable situation. For they can simply blow the place up as soon as the team appears in-sight. Therefore, I'm now going with the 'fuck it, there is no bomb' strategy. That is unless anybody else can come up with an idea, 'cos I'm all out.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:00 am

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"I guess so."
Kyle muttered hesitantly. Richard started examining the young mage carefully, checking his pulse at the wrist, listening to his heart and checking his eyes. Then your Cabalmate frowned.
"He have had quite a shock, and that in addition to not eating well for days and not sleeping either and being under allot of stress for some time is not good. I would like to put him on a IV drip to give him fluids and nourishment."
The doctor told Helena.
"But I doubt he will let me."
Kyle frowned and shook his head. Helena looked at the Akashic.
"Is he going to be ok anyway Dr Lee is his life in danger?"
"No not at the moment but his general health is, due to stress over the coming trial he have not taken good care of himself.
"Well it is going to have to be up to him, I do not want to force him to do anything."
Helena said and she looked at Kyle.
"I just want to go to my room."
"I do not want to be here."

"Do you have any medicine or vitamins?" Serge asked, glancing at Dr. Lee. "Something quick and simple that can get the right nutrients and maybe a little energy into his body?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:04 am

[Infirmary]

"Do you have any medicine or vitamins?" Serge asked, glancing at Dr. Lee. "Something quick and simple that can get the right nutrients and maybe a little energy into his body?"

"That is what I offered...but I have some vitamins he can swallow as well."
Richard said and he went to one of the cabinets and found several small bottles.
"Two drops of each of these in a glass of water, one now before Kyle rests and then again when he wakes up and then twice a day. The best though is good food and rest, but eating vitamins will nto be as quick as getting the nutrients right into his blood stream but over time it will do the trick."
The doctor said as he handed you the bottles.

[Boston]

'There won't be a lab to enter if the enemy blows the thing up as soon as we're spotted.' Nicole replied. 'Let's just ignore the damn bomb then. If they can blow it themselves they will but we won't be around to be pissed off about it, if they can't blow it we'll be okay as long as we don't trip the switch.'

"Why on earth would they try to destroy the lab as soon as we are spotted Miss Bouchard? As I have already said Wallace Jace do not want his lab destroyed he have a ward on his lab to prevent others getting in. Also you are the one who have decided this is a bomb, while every knowledge we have say this is a ward a ward on the lab that we do not even know if his men can themselves activate, we do not know this for sure but that is not a reason not to try to get our task done."
The Chief said now clearly annoyed about explaining the same things over and over again.

'Getting past traps and guards means nothing if the boss of the place can hit the self-destruct button whenever they want to. I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to stop that possibility... of which there seems to be no way to do it. I say again, is there some way we can all be made invisible or something so we can knock off all the guards in the lab so they can't fire the bomb?'

"Miss Bochard I also have things warded to self destruct that do not mean I have someone there ready to destroy said things the moment they think enemies are at the door, that would make no sense. What can be a danger is if they think they are going to loose they might decide all is lost and destroy the lab, if they have the ability to do so, but Wallace Jace have probably not told his men to destroy the lab as soon as they see a squirrel as he is not an idiot."
The Chief replied.
"I can certainly render us invisible and that might help we might still be sensed though as not everything see with mortal eyes but it might help so surely we can do that."

(OOC: A No one have said there is a bomb it is a ward. This is a common fantasy trope to have the objective warded to be destroyed this makes magic possessing character have to work for it. Now it is ok if Nicole is no mundane based she will think bomb, by all ways think bomb but no one have said it is a bomb. The group do not know if there is some sort of remote activator of this ward, there might be, but Jace's men will not use that unless they think they are about to loose, so no this is not an impossible scenario, that the player characters do not get things handed to them do not mean it is impossible. I have never been unfair in this game, never. Also Jace's men are not idiots they will not try to destroy his lab unless they think there is no hope, seeing a few enemies is not going to make them think there is no hope, yes there might be a rush to stop the last guy from breaking into the lab and by that setting of the lab but that do not mean they are going to say, oh there was a Traditionalist seen near by let us destroy the boss' stronghold. Also I am getting a bit tired of trying to please you. You complain there is just talking and you want some more action so I make a scenario where there will be action and now that is wrong as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:23 am

[Narim's room]

"Yes, that is so. She is driven."

"That she is, she have always been ambitious."
Narim agreed.

"Hm, I did not know that. I don't...ask a lot of questions about my former fratres, that have passed. I do not wish to bring up bad memories, and though I know some of the histories I wait until I have been given information rather than seek it. But of course I think it is wise to take precautions such as those."

Narim nodded at that.
"Jeffry never speak much about his apprentices that have passed, their loss is his greatest sorrow. But I think he cam easier accept Peter's passing than the rest. Peter was his first student, he lived a long life and he died in a spectacular fashion saving a bus load of prisoners headed for MECHA from the Union, he had an ideal Flambeau life and death, so while Jeffry miss him, he is also very proud of him and what he accomplished."

"Often, they are yes, and yes she is. But there are many battlefields that are open to Tytalus, and not all of them involve swords. Conflict brings growth for them. As for you...you may never know for sure until you act in that situation. I can help you with training, for it does help to have training to deal with the possibility of having to kill someone else, but the moment that such a situation arises is still critical. You may find that the situation is you or them, and that is easier in some ways to justify and logically understand even if you did not want to do it. But there can be other choices and times that are harder. I think these are the choices that Euthanatos question the most deeply, for they know the cost of taking lives even in good conscience." He shook his head a bit. "It is better to keep my mind on what we're going to do though than worry about the past, for now"

"I guess most things can be seen as a conflict if you have such a world view, even a non combat challange can be seen as a conflict with yourself."
The Virtual Adept agreed then he looked down.
"I...have never handled a gun...I remember the strike team that hit my family home, the noise, the screams...I ehm...well perhaps I should learn, there could be a time when I am not able to use magick and need to be able to defend myself in other ways. I think that if it was me or an attacker I might be able to do it, to defend myself but I am not so sure I could kill for any other reason...I might have had another perspective though if I had become and Euthanathos."

"He has a warmer personality than my sora, or myself for that matter, at least until one gets to know me." He picked up one of the books and began to search through it for what was nagging at him, until Helena came down.

"The kid is more outgoing perhaps, more extroverted but I don't know about warmer. I find you warm and kind."
Narim said with a smile.

You studied the books Stephen had brought until you heard a firm tap on the door. Narim went to answer and he let Helena in.
"Apologies, things in the infirmary took longer than I wanted."
Your sister said as she entered the Virtual Adept's apartment.
"Is all well here Master Sharaya?"
"All is well Miss Mar."
Helena then turned towards you.
"Is all ready baby brother? Ah Mr Yager is taking care of Kyle at the moment, and I saw Stephen head up there as well."

(OOC: Sorry for missing your post Strife.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:28 am

[Attic]
Anja wrote:"Yes he have...mentioned that is Avatar is tired...tired of life after life of being Fallen."
Ara said sadly.
"But I do not want to...loose him..ehm...what will happen to him...after..it is done?"
She asked softly.
"You can tell my Mentor not to worry I have...a place I can go, without him it will not be safe for me at the Labyrinth due to my low status, I prefer not to end up as some higher ranking member's fuck toy, but there is a place that will take in lost mages...I am just...tired of being kicked from faction to faction in this bloody war. But I will be safe I know how to survive."
Colin's voice softened a little, "Afterwards, he'll be granted a quick, painless death. And I will see what can be done to prevent him from coming back as a specter like Jace and his ilk... I will let him know you'll be fine. And should you ever feel the need to chat with someone else with a shard cluster, well... I'm in the yellow pages, to quote Harry Dresden."

Anja wrote:"Well we went in a side entrance, then down one long corridor and to the right...no wait, to the left and then right. The you get to the old medical wing. Jace's lab is the second door on the right. The bloody ghost put drops of something into a mechanism on the door and then opened it, there is some sort of ward there that will trigger if you open the door without it. I saw a vampire working there in the lab he helped Jace with what...was done to me."
The young Nephanda was silent for a while.
"Anyway that vampire is like none I ahve ever seen, he is not human looking sort of...and there are two more vampires there and they are afraid of him. I also saw a pretty nasty spirit while I was there, a personification of pain, it guards the Umbra around the building together with an insane old shapeshifter. I do not know which kind but I saw them there. It felt like to doors to each section, we passed through to to get to the medical wing, had some sort of magick put on it, the bloody medium Jace have with him and that he possess when he need to did a gesture at each intersection and it felt like a spell scanned us sort of."
She said then she sigh again.
"I am sorry I was just taken from the parking lot and into the lab and then back...when...they where done...I don't know that much."
He nodded, "The old, insane vampire is a fleshcrafter. Hum, wards at the doors... Gestures, you say? Most peculiar for a Progenitor... Thank you, unless there's anything else, I need to pass this on to my superiors, then."

((OOC: Starfinder game last night almost ended horribly. The game's authors decided to put an island-hopping scenario in the book, where if you miss the jump, you're dead. Very kind of them to set a required Acrobatics roll when there's no guarantee all, or even any, of the characters have Acrobatics, or some way to compensate for the lack thereof, and the punishment for failing the roll is falling into a gas giant... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:50 am

[Attic]

Colin's voice softened a little, "Afterwards, he'll be granted a quick, painless death. And I will see what can be done to prevent him from coming back as a specter like Jace and his ilk... I will let him know you'll be fine. And should you ever feel the need to chat with someone else with a shard cluster, well... I'm in the yellow pages, to quote Harry Dresden."

"Are you sure Mr Englishman...that there will be no pain...when they kill him?"
Ara asked softly.
"I know what comes before hurts...allot...but that when he die it will be...painless?"
The young Nephanda muttered again.
"I...please tell him that he was a good teacher, and thank him for taking me in when I had been abandoned by all I knew....you have...a shard cluster as well? It is not common...perhaps I will contact you once I have found The House of the Lost and found a new home..."

He nodded, "The old, insane vampire is a fleshcrafter. Hum, wards at the doors... Gestures, you say? Most peculiar for a Progenitor... Thank you, unless there's anything else, I need to pass this on to my superiors, then."

"Yes gestures I...can see if I remember them and take pictures and send you if you will? Wallace Jace never used gestures but his pet medium do and when he possess her they are an amalgam."
Ara replied.
"All I know is that vampire is terrifying and cruel and the other two fear him and yet they obey his orders. Well anyway I don't know what more I can tell you about the lab...I was only taken there to be...worked on."
She added bitterly.
"And on my way out I was pretty out of it...so yeah I can send those pictures of the hand gestures...what I remember and then it is goodbye for now. I have no loyalty to the Nephandi I am loyal to my Mentor so I will leave. Tell my Mentor I will be fine, I always survive."

(OOC: Well not many can say they have been to a gas giant. Did your character die?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:53 pm

[Attic]
Anja wrote:"Are you sure Mr Englishman...that there will be no pain...when they kill him?"
Ara asked softly.
"I know what comes before hurts...allot...but that when he die it will be...painless?"
The young Nephanda muttered again.
"I...please tell him that he was a good teacher, and thank him for taking me in when I had been abandoned by all I knew....you have...a shard cluster as well? It is not common...perhaps I will contact you once I have found The House of the Lost and found a new home..."
Colin nodded, "Quite certain, the pause between the... ritual, and the final execution is usually just a matter of seconds, and the usual execution method is... instantaneous; the victim becomes scattered particles quicker than the brain can register that they're dead. And I'll tell him."

Anja wrote:"Yes gestures I...can see if I remember them and take pictures and send you if you will? Wallace Jace never used gestures but his pet medium do and when he possess her they are an amalgam."
Ara replied.
"All I know is that vampire is terrifying and cruel and the other two fear him and yet they obey his orders. Well anyway I don't know what more I can tell you about the lab...I was only taken there to be...worked on."
She added bitterly.
"And on my way out I was pretty out of it...so yeah I can send those pictures of the hand gestures...what I remember and then it is goodbye for now. I have no loyalty to the Nephandi I am loyal to my Mentor so I will leave. Tell my Mentor I will be fine, I always survive."
He nodded, "That would be most excellent, thank you. I'm not going to try to force you to remember what happened in the lab, it's the getting in without setting off the auto-destruction mechanism that's the tricky bit... Stay safe, then. And try to stay out of trouble?"

((OOC: The good (Lawful Evil) doctor is quite well, and even committed a fairly unprecedented, morally unambiguous Good Deed. He updated an ancient ultra-tech healing machine to the local (somewhat regressed) populace's genetic drift - the thing had been working without updates for several thousand years, so not everyone was "deemed worthy" to be healed by it. Of course, the damn thing wouldn't do the party any good, as it was calibrated for a completely unknown species, and it would be exceedingly difficult to add all the party's six different species to the system... But I digress; the good doctor was saved in the last instant by the pilot's valorous firing of the grapnel gun. It hurt, but it was better than falling into said gas giant... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next