Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 29 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:52 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"That sounds just horrible Sir!"
Kyle exclaimed.
"Is there a plan for how to keep you safe Mr Yager?"
He asked and Stephen nodded.
"Yeah that do not sound good Sir."

"Stay in the chantry." Serge said not sounding scared at all. "She can't do jack shit to me while I'm here. And we have a plan to save her tomorrow so it's actually not that big of a deal. Not with all the other stuff going on."

Anja wrote:"I am glad someone was there to stop her when she tried to hurt someone Mr Yager but no she have to turn into a tree for another reason, unless she is suicidal then coming here when injured don't make any tactical sense. Everyone have some reason for their actions and if those reasons make no sense with the hypothesis you have then generally the hypothesis have to be changed."
Stephen said and he shook his head.
"She is not here because she is wounded or need rest there are some other reason.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I know, I know." Serge said walking over to the window to see the tree once more. "I'm just working with the information that I have. She can't be giving us a message because she would've done it in person. She can't be trying to fairy tale kidnap kids cause it's too late at night and she wouldn't choose here of all places. If she could sustain herself with ambient emotion she wouldn't be so focused on me and also wouldn't be here of all places." he said, showing that he had thought about the banshee's a great deal despite the nonchalant attitude he gave when discussing her.

"Coming nearby to the a location with the only people that could harm her is a risky move and not one done lightly. Did someone force her to come and spy on us? The Giovanni? Jace? Either way she'd probably pick a different place to do it then and not right out in the open. Did she want to lure me out? Pretending to be injured? That one is kinda plausible. I do wanna go out there." he said pressing his face up against the glass.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 29 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:42 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Stay in the chantry." Serge said not sounding scared at all. "She can't do jack shit to me while I'm here. And we have a plan to save her tomorrow so it's actually not that big of a deal. Not with all the other stuff going on."

"Hum...yes she is not likely to get through the wards...it should be okey then Sir."
Stephen said and Kyle nodded again.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I know, I know." Serge said walking over to the window to see the tree once more. "I'm just working with the information that I have. She can't be giving us a message because she would've done it in person. She can't be trying to fairy tale kidnap kids cause it's too late at night and she wouldn't choose here of all places. If she could sustain herself with ambient emotion she wouldn't be so focused on me and also wouldn't be here of all places." he said, showing that he had thought about the banshee's a great deal despite the nonchalant attitude he gave when discussing her.

"I still don't see her Sir."
Stephen said as he glanced out the window.
"It makes me wonder why she is here though."

"Coming nearby to the a location with the only people that could harm her is a risky move and not one done lightly. Did someone force her to come and spy on us? The Giovanni? Jace? Either way she'd probably pick a different place to do it then and not right out in the open. Did she want to lure me out? Pretending to be injured? That one is kinda plausible. I do wanna go out there." he said pressing his face up against the glass.

"Perhaps she is trying to do something nonsensical in order to make you so curious that you go out there Sir."
Kyle said from the sofa.
"I mean she is not doing a good job as a spy but we are all curious about what she is doing, perhaps she is hoping you so want to go out there wondering why she is there, that you will ignore caution."

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled, "He's a good man - a bit innocent for a Deacon Primus-to-be, perhaps, but that's not necessarily a negative. He's very much like Serge in that regard..."

"I think Master Sharaya will be a good Deacon Primus dad, he is kind and fair and he have Master Morgan for when he have to be tough, but it will be sad when Master Steelhaven leaves he is nice as well, nicer than the Giledians I have met who lead Labyrinths."
Anna said with a nod.

[Hildegard's Apartments]

He paused for a moment, "Ah, I think I get it; a protection akin to what he's done for Master Sharaya, perhaps, to keep our problems out."

"Yes exactly that Mr Wainwright."
Hildegard said.
"It is the keep the bad man out."
Cava said as she glanced shyly up at you.
"For we don't like the bad man."

He winked to Cava, "Since they're working with Adept Markov, perhaps that means you'll get a nice bit of jewelry to wear. Adept Markov is good at making nice things to wear, like Anna's new, pretty collar. I don't think they're making one of those for you, though."

"It is a pretty collar Sir."
Cava said and she glanced at Anna. Your apprentice smiled back.
"Thank you."
She whispered back.
"Adept Marov make nice things Sir."
Cava said.
"They are an Verditius they make things."

He gave Anna a subtle nod to indicate she should follow as he carried Yu Die and laid her gently down on the bed before taking a step back, as a matter of propriety, "Alright, Anna... If you'd finish tucking her in, I'll be outside. Madame Gottschalk, Cava."

Anna smiled and went over to the bed to gently tuck Yu Die in she nodded to you.

He gave the senior Chorister and the little alchemist-to-be a polite bow, and retreated out of the bedroom to wait for Anna.

Cava smiled to you again. Anna came back out after a few moments after she had tucked Yu Die in and gently given her a kiss on the forehead goodnight, she carefully closed the door to the bedroom after her.
"They are both still sleeping soundly."
She whispered.
"Good...well I should get Cava over to Adept Markov's rooms."
Hildegard replied.
"I will be right back afterwards and will keep watch over the children, they will all be quite safe."
The Chorister promised.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:37 am

[Nico's rooms]

"Cava is an alchemist apprentice Sodalis if she did not understand a basic instruction of don't touch there is no way she would still have all of her fingers."
Nico said matter of factly.
"I am sure it will be fine to bring her here."
They said as they begun finding chemicals from the kitchen cabinet and started mixing them in a glass bowl, chemicals that smelled rather foul.
"Cava will not touch anything she is not allowed to Sodalis."
Darrian said.
"I have more dangerous things in my apartment and she is there all the time."

"Good points, very well. We shall talk to the other, first, then hopefully proceed right to the casting. Then return to complete hers here."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:33 am

[Nico's Room]

Crexia nodded at that.
"We should get going then Sodalis."
She said and she begun leading the way down into the basement expecting you and Darrian to follow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:15 am

[Hildegard's Apartments]
Anja wrote:"Yes exactly that Mr Wainwright."
Hildegard said.
"It is the keep the bad man out."
Cava said as she glanced shyly up at you.
"For we don't like the bad man."
Colin nodded sagely, "We don't like the bad man, or his friends."

Anja wrote:"It is a pretty collar Sir."
Cava said and she glanced at Anna. Your apprentice smiled back.
"Thank you."
She whispered back.
"Adept Marov make nice things Sir."
Cava said.
"They are an Verditius they make things."
He nodded, smiling, "They make nice, magical things, even. I'm not as good as they are, so I usually just make nice things that aren't magical."

Anja wrote:Cava smiled to you again. Anna came back out after a few moments after she had tucked Yu Die in and gently given her a kiss on the forehead goodnight, she carefully closed the door to the bedroom after her.
"They are both still sleeping soundly."
She whispered.
"Good...well I should get Cava over to Adept Markov's rooms."
Hildegard replied.
"I will be right back afterwards and will keep watch over the children, they will all be quite safe."
The Chorister promised.
He paused, "Why don't Anna go with you, then, to thank Adept Markov in person? I've got a message or two to send, and some hypotheses to work on, so I could stay here and keep an eye on the door and windows while you're out."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:28 am

[Hildegard's Apartments]

Colin nodded sagely, "We don't like the bad man, or his friends."

"No we do not, he is poo poo!"
Cava announced which earned her a stern look from Hildegard.
"Ehm...sorry he is a meanie."
She corrected herself.
"Good girl."

He nodded, smiling, "They make nice, magical things, even. I'm not as good as they are, so I usually just make nice things that aren't magical."

"Yeah Jane have gotten earrings from your store Mr Wainwright. But my Mentor says I can not get earrings for a few years yet."
The little alchemist apprentice said with a pout.

He paused, "Why don't Anna go with you, then, to thank Adept Markov in person? I've got a message or two to send, and some hypotheses to work on, so I could stay here and keep an eye on the door and windows while you're out."

"It sounds like a good plan Mr Wainwright...I will not be long, if you watch the door then I will return shortly."
Hildegard agreed.
"Well come along girls."
She agreed and Anna nodded and she and Cava went with the Chorister after Hildegard had led you out of her apartment.
"I will be back soon dad."
Anna said. Cava gave you a smile.
"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
The little girl said and she gave another curtsy before she left.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:28 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Good idea.' giving a nod.

Anja's Post:

A short pause. 'So, basically we're all packing guns or other ranged weapons, then?'

Anja's Post:

'Does if that thinking made, say a big gun which blows the teeth and muscle up.'

[No, 'muddling through' hasn't worked well. British history past 1945 has been one of uninterrupted drift, decline and rot. And I have little faith in this policy working well in dealing with the economic crisis which will hit us in the next week or two.]

[And... the tea is now all gone. Only biscuits left are the horrid fig rolls. Let the true panic begin!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:20 pm

[Waltham]

'Good idea.' giving a nod.

Axel nodded and started organizing his group.
"I can go with them, I am a decent shot if mundane weapons are needed then you can work with Ty."
Fran suggested.

A short pause. 'So, basically we're all packing guns or other ranged weapons, then?'

"Ranged weapons and magick...mostly magick."
The goth kid replied and the women Axel had just introduced you for smiled.
"Most of us have some sort of weapon on us but yeah the kid is right as mages we are weapons and plan on using that."

Does if that thinking made, say a big gun which blows the teeth and muscle up.'

This made Coawa throw his head back and roar with laughter, you notice all his teeth was pointed and he had two rows of them, the Rokea slapped your shoulder so hard he almost sent you flying though clearly he was just intending a friendly gesture.
"I like you...I really like you...I will enjoy fighting at your side and rip asunder the wyrm spawn on this place, we will bathe in their blood and claim victory!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:02 pm

[Hildegard's Apartments]
Anja wrote:"Yeah Jane have gotten earrings from your store Mr Wainwright. But my Mentor says I can not get earrings for a few years yet."
The little alchemist apprentice said with a pout.
Colin nodded sagely, "I would tend to agree with him. But you never know what Santa Clause leaves under the tree. There are still many pretty things you can wear."

Anja wrote:"It sounds like a good plan Mr Wainwright...I will not be long, if you watch the door then I will return shortly."
Hildegard agreed.
"Well come along girls."
She agreed and Anna nodded and she and Cava went with the Chorister after Hildegard had led you out of her apartment.
"I will be back soon dad."
Anna said. Cava gave you a smile.
"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
The little girl said and she gave another curtsy before she left.
He smiled and waved back to Cava, "Good evening, Cava. I'll see you in a bit, then, Anna. Madame."

He leaned against the wall, keeping half an eye on the surroundings for any spirits scampering about, and tapped out a quick message to Bruce, 'It appears Adept Markov will require your services soon. I'd recommend having some 9x19mm casings and some gunpowder at hand. If you don't have any, might want to check with Miss Bouchard, but I think Adept Markov will strongly prefer your help.'

((OOC: As you said, "muddling on" hasn't worked since '45 - and for good reason; the rise of the Cold War drastically changed the playing field, and what had worked up to then suddenly didn't. But Britain was an old empire by then; civilizations last on average some 336 years, and going by 1608, as seems to be one of the more common picks for the start of the Empire, Britain hit that mark in 1944... Nothing lasts forever, and empires more so.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:57 pm

[Hildegard's Apartments]

Colin nodded sagely, "I would tend to agree with him. But you never know what Santa Clause leaves under the tree. There are still many pretty things you can wear."

"Yeah there are many pretty things."
Cava said with big smile. Hildegard gave a slight chuckle at that.

He smiled and waved back to Cava, "Good evening, Cava. I'll see you in a bit, then, Anna. Madame."

The mage women waved to you then they left to go to Nico's room.

He leaned against the wall, keeping half an eye on the surroundings for any spirits scampering about, and tapped out a quick message to Bruce, 'It appears Adept Markov will require your services soon. I'd recommend having some 9x19mm casings and some gunpowder at hand. If you don't have any, might want to check with Miss Bouchard, but I think Adept Markov will strongly prefer your help.'

You got a reply back from Bruce that said.
"I will get right on that. Nicole is a better gunsmith than I but I will do my best, do you know when they will be here so I have time to clean my apartment up a bit?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm

[Hildegard's Apartments]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Bruce that said.
"I will get right on that. Nicole is a better gunsmith than I but I will do my best, do you know when they will be here so I have time to clean my apartment up a bit?"
Colin grinned slyly, 'They're doing some manner of ritual - probably making some protective amulet - with some other Hermetics right now, and they might want to freshen up before calling on you. Between you and me, I don't think it's your skill as a gunsmith they are primarily interested in.'

Then he fished out his notebook and started going over the long list of indicia and evidence, of Nephandi infiltration of the Union, from Eric Dahl, to how Patrick Dale had been groomed for Falling, to what was known of Wallace Jace's history and his remaining connections in the Union, to how there were suspicions regarding the doctor who'd 'extrapolated' the serum's recipe from a liberated captive, and so on - nothing that could make a concrete case for the Fallen initially developing the serum, but enough to establish a conspicuous pattern... Probably not enough to convince Thomas on its own, but certainly enough that he might be able to get a few investigations started if he handed the list over to an uncompromised superior... once the whole mess was properly written down and referenced accordingly, of course.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:16 pm

[Hildegard's Apartments]

Colin grinned slyly, 'They're doing some manner of ritual - probably making some protective amulet - with some other Hermetics right now, and they might want to freshen up before calling on you. Between you and me, I don't think it's your skill as a gunsmith they are primarily interested in.'

You got a reply back that said.
"Ah good, then I have time to quickly once over the apartment...also Nico likes tea but I only have that cheap stuff, could I borrow some of your nice tea...just to...you know ehm...well make a good impression."

Then he fished out his notebook and started going over the long list of indicia and evidence, of Nephandi infiltration of the Union, from Eric Dahl, to how Patrick Dale had been groomed for Falling, to what was known of Wallace Jace's history and his remaining connections in the Union, to how there were suspicions regarding the doctor who'd 'extrapolated' the serum's recipe from a liberated captive, and so on - nothing that could make a concrete case for the Fallen initially developing the serum, but enough to establish a conspicuous pattern... Probably not enough to convince Thomas on its own, but certainly enough that he might be able to get a few investigations started if he handed the list over to an uncompromised superior... once the whole mess was properly written down and referenced accordingly, of course.

You where just finished writing up your notes when Hildegard and Anna returned.
"Thank you for watching the door for me Mr Wainwright."
The Chorister said, there had not been allot of spirit activity, only a few of the spiderlings walking past hunting for something to repair. Of Chantry residents you had seen Serge head to Kyle's room but other than that not allot
"I can take over now I have to pick Cava back up in half an hours time but other than that I should be covered."
The Chorister continued. Anna gave you a smile.
"It is so cool they have a whole ritual circle on the floor and all!"
Your apprentice exclaimed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:35 pm

[Steelhaven]

Nico's Room]

Crexia nodded at that.
"We should get going then Sodalis."
She said and she begun leading the way down into the basement expecting you and Darrian to follow.

"Of course ma'am, you know the way?" he asked, falling into line behind her.

// 🙃🙃🙃 who needed a day off anyway when I can go work, where the lines hit the back of the store and stayed there most of the day, and all lanes were open? Now we're in shelter in place, but I am assured that I am essential. I have no idea what it's going to be like today...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:24 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Yes Mr Wainwright took me down to the basement to see the young Technomancer earlier. I wanted to thank hun for saving William."
Crexia replied as she led the way through the Chantry.

You got down to the hobby room. Thomas and Andrew was still watching Star Trek on the latter's tablet. Andrew stood to bow to the senior Hermetics. Thomas looked at you and gave you and Crexia a smile then be looked a bit uncertain at Darrian.
"Are you here for the ritual you spoke about?"
The prisoner asked you.

(Ooc that sound stressful. Take care if yourself. Store clerks are under appriciated.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:47 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Yes Mr Wainwright took me down to the basement to see the young Technomancer earlier. I wanted to thank hun for saving William."
Crexia replied as she led the way through the Chantry.

"Ah. I do hope our sodalis is doing better."

Thomas looked at you and gave you and Crexia a smile then be looked a bit uncertain at Darrian.
"Are you here for the ritual you spoke about?"
The prisoner asked you.

He nodded to them both. "Yes, indeed. Before we begin this part I wanted to follow up on your question. It should be possible to attempt to wipe and cover the working's traces from being perceived through a regular examination," he said with a glance to Crexia in case she wished to add to that. "There are two aspects to this to provide safety for you and this part involves us drawing a circle around you and chanting for a bit as I discussed."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:25 pm

[Hildegard's Apartments]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back that said.
"Ah good, then I have time to quickly once over the apartment...also Nico likes tea but I only have that cheap stuff, could I borrow some of your nice tea...just to...you know ehm...well make a good impression."
Colin chuckled softly, then replied, 'Any preferences as to blends, or suggestions for themes to blend? I have options.'

Anja wrote:You where just finished writing up your notes when Hildegard and Anna returned.
"Thank you for watching the door for me Mr Wainwright."
The Chorister said, there had not been allot of spirit activity, only a few of the spiderlings walking past hunting for something to repair. Of Chantry residents you had seen Serge head to Kyle's room but other than that not allot
"I can take over now I have to pick Cava back up in half an hours time but other than that I should be covered."
The Chorister continued. Anna gave you a smile.
"It is so cool they have a whole ritual circle on the floor and all!"
Your apprentice exclaimed.
He bowed politely, "But of course, it gave me time to think on a few matters in any case. Not much activity, living or otherwise... Hum, I do wonder if Master Haagen will bring Cava along to see her older brother before putting her back to bed, though..."
He smiled to Anna, "But of course they do - the ritual circle is one of the tools I most certainly got from their methods, after all. Hum... which reminds me."
He stepped away from the door, quickly drew a (perfect) circle on a blank page and tore it out of his notebook, then knelt down and put it on the floor, igniting his lighter and setting it at the center, "Poodle, I must ask you for a small service, will you come to help?"

((OOC: Arete roll to call for Poodle - I think S1 should suffice for that?: 5,6,8. No intent of compulsion or coercion behind it, just going for the supernatural equivalent of paging the little imp.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:16 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

Another nod to this.

Anja's Post:

'This means that Strawberry and Coawa's job will be to act as the safeties - to stop any claws, teeth and shit hitting us if we can't finish 'em off at a distance.' Nicole replied. 'You two okay with that?' looking to the two shapeshifters.

Anja's Post:

'Erm... do we have to? Bloodstains are so hard to get out of sneakers.' Nicole quipped, steadying herself from the thump on the back.

[True. However, the British decline was much more rapid than it *should* have been. We had a succession of leaders who chose the easy option, rather than the right option. We pissed away our remaining advantages for instant gratification. And now we dwell in deep denial about everything; usually a situation which leads to crash and burn (qv: Spanish Empire). And I think I can see the coming fire...]

[Yay... 'shelter in place'. Pity I know several people here who have flat-out said they'll continue to work *even if they think they have it* because they can't afford the time off and can't work from home.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:56 pm

[Waltham]

Another nod to this.

Fran smiled and joined in with Axel's group as Jeffry finished with his enchantments of the cars.
"Are we ready to go?"
The old Hermetic asked and Antonio nodded.
"I just finished work on the distractions Sir, we should be good to go."
"Excellent then let us hurry."
The war mage said as he got into one of the cars.

'This means that Strawberry and Coawa's job will be to act as the safeties - to stop any claws, teeth and shit hitting us if we can't finish 'em off at a distance.' Nicole replied. 'You two okay with that?' looking to the two shapeshifters.

"I am strong I can do this. Strawberry through is so little."
Coawa said with a frown.
"I will take part of that duty."
Ty said.
"I do study Do."
He said and Coawa gave the Acashic a look that said he clearly did nto understand what the death magus was talking about."

'Erm... do we have to? Bloodstains are so hard to get out of sneakers.' Nicole quipped, steadying herself from the thump on the back.

"Ha ha...well I guess killing our enemies will be satisfactory, shall we see who kills the most?"
The Rokea asked with a big, toothy grin.

[Basement]

"Ah. I do hope our sodalis is doing better."

"He is Sodalis thank you for asking about him, once he gets back to his regular routines he will calm down and be quite well."
Crexia said with a slight smile.

He nodded to them both. "Yes, indeed. Before we begin this part I wanted to follow up on your question. It should be possible to attempt to wipe and cover the working's traces from being perceived through a regular examination," he said with a glance to Crexia in case she wished to add to that.

"It should make the working all but impossible to detect Mr Griffith."
Crexia said.
"So my superiors will no see it on me? For if they do then I will be in a shit ton of trouble."
Thomas asked.
"I believe it should be safe, there is always a chance a more skilled mage will detect something but I am in fact quite skilled so I do not think you have to worry young man."
Crexia replied and Thomas sigh.
"O...ok...I guess that is okey then."

"There are two aspects to this to provide safety for you and this part involves us drawing a circle around you and chanting for a bit as I discussed."

"Strange...oogie boodie mystic stuff eh? Knock yourself out that is fine."
Thomas said and Crexia raised an eyebrow. Andrew whispered to him.
"Careful...Lady Crexia is like royalty, you need to be respectful."
The young Scribe said and Thomas raised an eyebrow to that. Crexia just gave the young Technocrat a benevolent look and said to you and Darrian.
"Well then Sodalis should we get started."

[Hildegard's Apartments]

Colin chuckled softly, then replied, 'Any preferences as to blends, or suggestions for themes to blend? I have options.'

You got a reply back from Bruce which said.
"I don't know much about tea...there are different kinds?"

He bowed politely, "But of course, it gave me time to think on a few matters in any case. Not much activity, living or otherwise... Hum, I do wonder if Master Haagen will bring Cava along to see her older brother before putting her back to bed, though..."

"Even so I appreciate it Mr Wainwright, our young apprentices are the future of the Traditions they must be protected."
Hildegard replied.
"That I would not know, the ritualists, including my Cabalmate had already left to do the ritual on Mr Griffith when I got there to drop of Cava."
She replied.

He smiled to Anna, "But of course they do - the ritual circle is one of the tools I most certainly got from their methods, after all. Hum... which reminds me."

"Well it looks so cool, and it have symbols and such inside of it, the circle sort of look like an anime summoning circle."
Anna replied still existed.

He stepped away from the door, quickly drew a (perfect) circle on a blank page and tore it out of his notebook, then knelt down and put it on the floor, igniting his lighter and setting it at the center, "Poodle, I must ask you for a small service, will you come to help?"

"I shall leave you to it then Mr Wainwright...Miss Wainwright..."
Hildegard said and she went back into her apartment after saying goodnight again. Anna curtsy to her.
"Good night Adeptus Gottschalk."
She said then she went on to watch what you where doing intently.

Poodle showed up rather quickly, he begun dancing around the small lighter flame giggling, when you spoke to him he looked up at you and smiled.
"Ok human with what I can't touch inside...what do you want me to do...do you have nom noms?"
He asked as he looked at you with his ember eyes and pulled at his own tail.
"Will you play with me?"
He begged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:16 pm

[Hildegard's Apartments]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Bruce which said.
"I don't know much about tea...there are different kinds?"
Colin sighed, typing back, 'Green, black, white, yellow, Oolong and fermented, and of course herbal teas that don't actually contain the tea plant - and then there are a few thousand flavour variants. I'll make an educated guess for a good blend; swing by my apartment in, say, 30 minutes? Oh, and do you actually have strainers?'

Anja wrote:"Even so I appreciate it Mr Wainwright, our young apprentices are the future of the Traditions they must be protected."
Hildegard replied.
"That I would not know, the ritualists, including my Cabalmate had already left to do the ritual on Mr Griffith when I got there to drop of Cava."
She replied.
He nodded, "Right. Well, Cava hasn't been told about him yet, so... it comes down to Master Haagen. Though I think she might be able to tip Mr. Griffith's allegiance a little in our favour."

Anja wrote:"Well it looks so cool, and it have symbols and such inside of it, the circle sort of look like an anime summoning circle."
Anna replied still existed.
He chuckled, "The Rite of AshkEnte, to summon and bind Death itself, is performed by eight wizards around a circle drawn in eight colours of chalk, dressed up in dramatic ceremonial robes, waving staves, having exact placements of rams horns, skulls, baroque metalwork, heavy candles dribbling wax with octagons carved in them, and pints of goats blood in addition to much chanting and reading obscure texts. And it works just as well with a single skull, 4ccs of mouse blood, and a plain circle. Sir Terry Pratchett understood a lot more about magic than most might give him credit for, bless his soul..."

Anja wrote:Poodle showed up rather quickly, he begun dancing around the small lighter flame giggling, when you spoke to him he looked up at you and smiled.
"Ok human with what I can't touch inside...what do you want me to do...do you have nom noms?"
He asked as he looked at you with his ember eyes and pulled at his own tail.
"Will you play with me?"
He begged.
He smiled thinly, "There's not much fire left in my lighter, I'll have to refuel it soon, but do help yourself. Just don't spill any fire. And there's not much time to play, I'm afraid, I would like you to find the human with what you can't touch inside that your Master is fond of - the one with the machines - and tell her that I would like to invite her to my apartment for a quick cup of tea, as I have a couple of things I need to ask her, in private. If you do, I will give you a small candle, alright?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:39 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"I still don't see her Sir."
Stephen said as he glanced out the window.
"It makes me wonder why she is here though."
Anja wrote:"Perhaps she is trying to do something nonsensical in order to make you so curious that you go out there Sir."
Kyle said from the sofa.
"I mean she is not doing a good job as a spy but we are all curious about what she is doing, perhaps she is hoping you so want to go out there wondering why she is there, that you will ignore caution."

"In all fairness it's working quite well. Although she didn't seem like the type who'd do something nonsensical. I talked with her for a bit. She's quite smart." Serge said glancing out of the window to see if the tree was still out there.

"Anyways, it doesn't matter what she's doing. Deaconess O'Connor will drive her off anytime now." he said with a sigh, "And now onto more important matter, I promised to show you guys some teleporting tricks. You still want to see them?"

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:12 am

[Kyle's Room]

"In all fairness it's working quite well. Although she didn't seem like the type who'd do something nonsensical. I talked with her for a bit. She's quite smart." Serge said glancing out of the window to see if the tree was still out there.

"It would not be silly to do something random for a goal, if she is trying to lure you out with this then I would say it is quite tactical."
Stephen said with a nod.

"Anyways, it doesn't matter what she's doing. Deaconess O'Connor will drive her off anytime now.

"Very well Sir."
The young Flambeau said with a nod accepting your decision to just let it go.

"And now onto more important matter, I promised to show you guys some teleporting tricks. You still want to see them?"

"Yeah that would be so cool Sir."
Kyle said and he sat up in the sofa and looked at your eagerly.
"Yeah that would be interesting Sir."
Stephen also agreed and he came away from the window and sat down in a chair.

[Hildegard's Apartment]

Colin sighed, typing back, 'Green, black, white, yellow, Oolong and fermented, and of course herbal teas that don't actually contain the tea plant - and then there are a few thousand flavour variants. I'll make an educated guess for a good blend; swing by my apartment in, say, 30 minutes? Oh, and do you actually have strainers?'

"What is a tea strainer? But yeah 30 minutes is cool, thank you man."
You got back as a reply from Bruce.

He nodded, "Right. Well, Cava hasn't been told about him yet, so... it comes down to Master Haagen. Though I think she might be able to tip Mr. Griffith's allegiance a little in our favour."

"Yes it is up to the girl's Mentor."
Hildegard said with a nod.
"But yes there is a chance that meeting her will make the young man more positive towards the Traditions but I would be skeptical of letting young lady have an emotional connection to a Technocrat."

He chuckled, "The Rite of AshkEnte, to summon and bind Death itself, is performed by eight wizards around a circle drawn in eight colours of chalk, dressed up in dramatic ceremonial robes, waving staves, having exact placements of rams horns, skulls, baroque metalwork, heavy candles dribbling wax with octagons carved in them, and pints of goats blood in addition to much chanting and reading obscure texts. And it works just as well with a single skull, 4ccs of mouse blood, and a plain circle. Sir Terry Pratchett understood a lot more about magic than most might give him credit for, bless his soul..."

"Yeah you can do magick with almost nothing, some of my magick I can do just by wanting it dad, however the big rituals can be cool at times."
Anna said.
"And summoning circles are cool. The Discworld books are fun though."

He smiled thinly, "There's not much fire left in my lighter, I'll have to refuel it soon, but do help yourself. Just don't spill any fire. And there's not much time to play, I'm afraid, I would like you to find the human with what you can't touch inside that your Master is fond of - the one with the machines - and tell her that I would like to invite her to my apartment for a quick cup of tea, as I have a couple of things I need to ask her, in private. If you do, I will give you a small candle, alright?"

The little imp danced around the flame until the lighter died then he looked a bit disappointed and sigh.
"What is time to play? You play or do not."
He asked sounding confused.
"Yes find the one my Master likes who have what I can not touch inside and who have machines and tell her the man with what I can not touch inside who have been on fire want to run after tea cups with her in a place, yes I can do that...then I get a candle?"
The little imp asked and he looked up at you with his big ember eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:55 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... think we are. Unless anyone has any questions?' looking around, trying to ensure everybody knew what needed to be done and so on.

Once this is done, Nicole will slide up to Hadermann's apprentice before they leave. 'You'll be operating the "Kinfolk-finder", yes?'

Anja's Post:

'All depends on whether they swarm us or not.' Nicole replied, giving a little frown. 'Plus, if my team has Strawberry, we'll be able to supplement with Gerda once we meet up with her.'

Anja's Post:

'As long as we also count the amount we lose too.' the Etherite replied. 'Don't you run off into the enemy unless you're ordered to, right? Don't want you to be like accidentally exploded or something.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:33 am

[Waltham]

'Erm... think we are. Unless anyone has any questions?' looking around, trying to ensure everybody knew what needed to be done and so on.

No one seamed to have any questions so they went to the cars, two cars per group.

Once this is done, Nicole will slide up to Hadermann's apprentice before they leave. 'You'll be operating the "Kinfolk-finder", yes?'

"Yes Ma'am."
Alicia said.
"Is it activated and set to search Miss Bouchard?"
The girl did not seam scared she was focused on the task ahead as she looked over at you.

'All depends on whether they swarm us or not.' Nicole replied, giving a little frown. 'Plus, if my team has Strawberry, we'll be able to supplement with Gerda once we meet up with her.'

"That is true and your team have Mr Rush, though you might not want to put your best healer on the front line. The clean up team have Miss...ehm...ehm...the other Verbena perhaps I should help them out then?"
Ty asked you.
"Besides I can communicate telepathically with my brother so if Marian go with you guys then we have an additional line of communication there."
The Akashic informed you.

As long as we also count the amount we lose too.' the Etherite replied. 'Don't you run off into the enemy unless you're ordered to, right? Don't want you to be like accidentally exploded or something.'

"My mother swims with a Slew, I understand the idea of leadership and working with a group."
The Rokea said firmly.
"I am a proud Brightwater, a warrior and while my birth was shameful as my mother was a captive in an aquarium and let a weak male spawn with her in order to spawn at all...then she ate him, I will gain honor, I have said I will aid this group and I will aid it and not just run off causing trouble."
Coawa said firmly.
"I will follow the orders of the leader of this temporary Slew."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:34 am

[Hildegard's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"What is a tea strainer? But yeah 30 minutes is cool, thank you man."
You got back as a reply from Bruce.
Colin sighed and typed back, 'I'll show you. And I'll make a few bags.'

Anja wrote:"Yes it is up to the girl's Mentor."
Hildegard said with a nod.
"But yes there is a chance that meeting her will make the young man more positive towards the Traditions but I would be skeptical of letting young lady have an emotional connection to a Technocrat."
He nodded, "Under almost all circumstances, I would agree with you. In this case... I've spoken with the young man, and however you look at it, the two are linked as it is; giving them a positive emotional connection is more likely to be beneficial than detrimental. He's aware of how his Convention is losing its raw value in the Union, so they may not be able to ignore the Pogrom with impunity for much longer, or get away with showing their displeasure by feeding movie ideas to Hollywood."

Anja wrote:"Yeah you can do magick with almost nothing, some of my magick I can do just by wanting it dad, however the big rituals can be cool at times."
Anna said.
"And summoning circles are cool. The Discworld books are fun though."
He smiled, "Time and place for everything."

Anja wrote:The little imp danced around the flame until the lighter died then he looked a bit disappointed and sigh.
"What is time to play? You play or do not."
He asked sounding confused.
He paused, "Ah, sorry, not in this part of the Now, but in another part of the Now. Incarnate and their strange sequential existences, you know."

Anja wrote:"Yes find the one my Master likes who have what I can not touch inside and who have machines and tell her the man with what I can not touch inside who have been on fire want to run after tea cups with her in a place, yes I can do that...then I get a candle?"
The little imp asked and he looked up at you with his big ember eyes.
He nodded, "That's close enough, and yes, then you get a candle."

((OOC: Forgot to tack this on to the last post - yeah, the British decline was swift after WWII, but remember, the British Empire had already had three wars with the famous Graveyard of Empires by then, and the upper class was still to an extent trying to get its footing back after the first World War. To quote Kingsman: The Secret Service, "Since 1849, Kingsman Tailors have clothed the world's most powerful individuals. In 1919, a great number of them had lost their heirs to World War I. That meant a lot of money going uninherited." And after WWII, when the two major powers (USA and USSR) had no hereditary aristocracy, the old nobility in the rest of Europe seems to have forgotten a lot of their pride and dignity in the face of the nuclear threat... But if it's a comfort, there's a fair risk that, far as civilizations' lifespans go, the US might be hard pressed to make it past 250, let alone the 336-year average. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:00 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]

Colin sighed and typed back, 'I'll show you. And I'll make a few bags.'

You got a reply back that that said.
"Ok see you in 30 minutes then, and thank you again man."

He nodded, "Under almost all circumstances, I would agree with you. In this case... I've spoken with the young man, and however you look at it, the two are linked as it is; giving them a positive emotional connection is more likely to be beneficial than detrimental. He's aware of how his Convention is losing its raw value in the Union, so they may not be able to ignore the Pogrom with impunity for much longer, or get away with showing their displeasure by feeding movie ideas to Hollywood."

"That is true, are you thinking that the young man might leave the Union and join our side?"
Hildegard asked then she sigh.
"The problem is that it can go either way, the Void Engineers might keep up what they are doing, and not supporting the Pogrom, or they might submit to the demands of the other Conventions for safety, and that Mr Griffith have a connection to Cava might also mean she have a connection to him and just like he can choose to join us to be with his sister...I fear the oposite might also happen down the line..."
She said with a frown.

He smiled, "Time and place for everything."

"That is true dad, but at times it is nice to just have fun with one's magick."
Anna said with a grin.

He paused, "Ah, sorry, not in this part of the Now, but in another part of the Now. Incarnate and their strange sequential existences, you know."

"Incarnate beings are really odd..."
Poodle declared sounding confused.

He nodded, "That's close enough, and yes, then you get a candle."

"Ok...I will do this..."
The imp said then he waved happily at you and vanished into the near umbra to go and complete his task.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next