Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 28 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 15.03.20 18:53

[Nico's rooms]

"If it is alright with you," he said to Nico, "We could save time if she is brought here. The circle is already made and we can use that and then directly give her the talisman afterward. Unless it will interrupt finishing your work?"

"No that works for me, Cava is a sweet little girl I am sure she will not put her fingers in the vat of chemicals I am using to put a coating on the talismans to make sure the lead glass do not leak poison into the flesh of those wearing them, so just bring her over."
Nico said and Darrian nodded.
"Thank you Adept Markov, I will make sure my apprentice don't touch anything she should not."
He promised and the Verditius nodded at that.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin sighed softly, "I don't know that I could've done that anyway, to be honest..."

"Because I am a kid?"
Anna asked and she chocked her head to the side and looked at you.

He nodded, "Touché. And yes, that is enough for now. Baby steps, as I said. We've got years ahead."

"Yeah I guess so dad..."
The girl muttered and she looked away clearly not wanting to continue the discussion on that topic.

He smiled thinly, "Yes, we would. Well, we're still going there, we just don't have to look for her, too."

"I will help you take the Labyrinth down for I am a Traditionalist now dad!"
Anna declared proudly.
"But if they had Yu Die they would really, really regret it, then it would be personal!"

He finished the polish, and put the collar in a case he'd long since prepared for this, then fished out his Chaos wand, brandishing it with the Prime ring on the same hand, "Alright, Sweetie, are you ready to make the apartment disappear again?"

You got the collar shining like it had never shone before and got it packed away in it's new box. Anna quickly put her book aside and nodded she got up of the floor she had been sitting on and smiled eagerly.
"Yeah...I am ready, this will be so cool!"
She declared happily.

(OOC: Our D&D GM works in retail and he could not hold our game this weekend due to the work pressure. Here they recommend having food for about a week. We do see hoarding here as well but not as insane as in USA and the stores are mostly still well stocked though some of them have restrictions in place on how much a person can by of one thing. Take care of yourself Strife and get the rest you need.)

(OOC 2: Yeah I have a permanent slightly stuffy nose due to having to narrow sinuses, this made me singled out so I did not get to go to the psychiatric day center a few days ago to play MtG and now it is closed down for two weeks, which is probably just as well for everyone's safety but yes if you have anything that can remind someone of illness they will panic.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 28 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind 15.03.20 20:50

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Because I am a kid?"
Anna asked and she chocked her head to the side and looked at you.
Colin smiled thinly, "Perhaps to some extent... or because I'm me. Or because I saw something better in you; something that was not yet broken down like the Fallen do to people. Or perhaps a combination of the three... Difficult to say, even with hindsight."

Anja wrote:"I will help you take the Labyrinth down for I am a Traditionalist now dad!"
Anna declared proudly.
"But if they had Yu Die they would really, really regret it, then it would be personal!"
He grinned, "Heaven has no rage, nor Hell a fury... If that happened, we would mount a very decisive rescue, yes. None of the ghosts would..."
He paused, "Oh, that's right... I know Jodelle and Abigail are going to be in Jace's retinue; they might be at the Labyrinth... or they might be elsewhere. It's going to be an awkward reunion, I'm afraid..."

Anja wrote:You got the collar shining like it had never shone before and got it packed away in it's new box. Anna quickly put her book aside and nodded she got up of the floor she had been sitting on and smiled eagerly.
"Yeah...I am ready, this will be so cool!"
She declared happily.
He nodded, "Right, come along, then... First, we envision randomness and chaos - unpredictable shifts and changes..." He started flicking the wand in erratic gestures, bereft of any identifiable pattern, "to generate a mask that hides us from magical sight. This is different from your ward of choice, in that it does not present any repercussions from brushing against it, the idea is to be as intangible as air, and just as difficult to see..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein 15.03.20 20:51

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:Ange gave you a warm smile and she nodded.
"I am glad to hear that, even so, you know where to find me and I always have time for you my magickal son."
She said.
"Very well, off you go then, see if you can help the young Hermetic."
The Cultist added with a smile.
Anja wrote:The older Cultist limped of on her crutches. The decrepit old, and yet alluring as it looked like something from a child's story book, tree still stood outside, doing absolutely nothing what you could see, it was just there, for some reason.

"What are you doing Wilda? Are you trying to lure me out by acting injured? Or something like that?" Serge wondered to himself, before letting out a sigh and beginning his trek back up to the Kyle's room, thinking of the tricks he could show the young mages.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 15.03.20 21:15

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled thinly, "Perhaps to some extent... or because I'm me. Or because I saw something better in you; something that was not yet broken down like the Fallen do to people. Or perhaps a combination of the three... Difficult to say, even with hindsight."

Anna looked at your for a while longer then she nodded.
"Well I am glad you did dad, though I still feel bad about all the members of my Labyrinth who was...captured."
She muttered sadly.
"That I helped to be captured and then they where..."

He grinned, "Heaven has no rage, nor Hell a fury... If that happened, we would mount a very decisive rescue, yes. None of the ghosts would..."
He paused, "Oh, that's right... I know Jodelle and Abigail are going to be in Jace's retinue; they might be at the Labyrinth... or they might be elsewhere. It's going to be an awkward reunion, I'm afraid..."

"Yeah we would get Yu Die back..."
Your apprentice said then she looked a bit apprehensive.
"Really, Lady Abigail and Mistress Jodelle are ghosts now. It will be hard seeing them again, Lady Abigail fine I never was to fond of her but Mistress Jodelle was always nice to me, I feel bad about what happened to her."

He nodded, "Right, come along, then... First, we envision randomness and chaos - unpredictable shifts and changes..." He started flicking the wand in erratic gestures, bereft of any identifiable pattern, "to generate a mask that hides us from magical sight. This is different from your ward of choice, in that it does not present any repercussions from brushing against it, the idea is to be as intangible as air, and just as difficult to see..."

"O...ok dad...I can do that."
Anna said and she closed her eyes and started making several gestures with her hands.
"So randomness and chance and chaos...ehm did you want me to try to use wand with this as well?"
She asked and she stopped her gestures and opened one eye and looked at you.

[Kyle's Room]

"What are you doing Wilda? Are you trying to lure me out by acting injured? Or something like that?" Serge wondered to himself, before letting out a sigh and beginning his trek back up to the Kyle's room, thinking of the tricks he could show the young mages.

You got back to Kyle's room. Stephen let you in, the young Hermetic gave you a bow when he saw you.
"Hello again Sir."
He said.
"Did all go well?"
The young Flambeau inquired.
Kyle was laying on the sofa, he had not eaten much of the eggs Stephen had prepared for him and he looked rather pale and sick though he mustered the strength to give you a wave of his hand.
"Hey Mr Yager."
He said with a weak smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard 15.03.20 21:26

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Excellent. Either of you got any ideas on how to make sure we don't drive over a trap and all die?'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... I'm too big to hide.' Nicole quipped, clipping the webbing around her waist.

[Went back out today; our morphing into the DDR continues. Massive gobs of empty shelves in perhaps 40-50 product lines - now eggs, bread, potatoes and fruit juices have vanished. Tea and cereals is starting to look rather thin too. Only remaining easily-bought staple now are tinned chickpeas, mainly for the reason most Britons don't know what they are. I managed to get hold of some toilet paper and soap; but they both are basically 'Eastern Bloc' quality. I'm finding this interesting from a sociological point of view; after all, this is the first global pandemic humanity has faced in a world of Facebook and Twitter.]

[Warp's right; when I say 'smaller retail units', I didn't mean just independent stores. Small-sized town-centre supermarkets, corner shops, limited-line discounters and so on. Though as none of us has experience of the other's general shopping experience, making comparisons is somewhat difficult. But one thing is obvious; if your town is *only* served by a Meglomart and you see the shelves being pillaged of all product, you're more likely to panic than if you live in a town served by say twenty groceries of varying size.]

[The situation must be compounded by the relative *hugeness* of the supply-lines in the USA when compared to say, the UK. Remember reading that the average orange travels x4 the distance for Wal-Mart than it does for Tescos, for example.]

[Personally, I wish I *did* have Pangolin. Bad sinus, sore throat and earache I can live with quite easily. And am, as long as the drugs and tea continue to flow. But know it's not to be.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 15.03.20 21:33

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:Anna looked at your for a while longer then she nodded.
"Well I am glad you did dad, though I still feel bad about all the members of my Labyrinth who was...captured."
She muttered sadly.
"That I helped to be captured and then they where..."
Colin nodded, "I see them at night, too... well, the ones who... hm. Well, enough of that, I think."

Anja wrote:"Yeah we would get Yu Die back..."
Your apprentice said then she looked a bit apprehensive.
"Really, Lady Abigail and Mistress Jodelle are ghosts now. It will be hard seeing them again, Lady Abigail fine I never was to fond of her but Mistress Jodelle was always nice to me, I feel bad about what happened to her."
He smiled thinly, "I carry a piece of Jodelle with me, you know... she's a good enemy; a brave warrior. She would have been a glorious ally, if things had been different... Hopefully, we can persuade her, at least, to go elsewhere peacefully if she won't want to be ended for good. The only ghost that has to be destroyed is Wallace Jace."

Anja wrote:"O...ok dad...I can do that."
Anna said and she closed her eyes and started making several gestures with her hands.
"So randomness and chance and chaos...ehm did you want me to try to use wand with this as well?"
She asked and she stopped her gestures and opened one eye and looked at you.
He smiled thinly, "If you like. But you are quite good with the hand seals, so why don't you show me how you would use those for this approach, perhaps I can learn to use them, as well?"

((OOC: Ah, yes, so long as tea and biscuits are still available, Britain will stand firm... Allegedly, John Cleese wrote this in response to the 2011 terrorism threat, but this version has been adapted to the pandemic: The English are feeling the pinch in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic and have therefore raised their security level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. The novel coronavirus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 16.03.20 6:29

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "I see them at night, too... well, the ones who... hm. Well, enough of that, I think."

"Yeah...enough of that."
Anna whispered and she looked down.

He smiled thinly, "I carry a piece of Jodelle with me, you know... she's a good enemy; a brave warrior. She would have been a glorious ally, if things had been different... Hopefully, we can persuade her, at least, to go elsewhere peacefully if she won't want to be ended for good. The only ghost that has to be destroyed is Wallace Jace."

"It is sad to see a great mage like Mistress Jodelle reduced to just...a ghost."
Anna said with a sigh then she looked up at you.
"What about Matty? Miss Carlyle was captured as well was she not, she would have been...punished in such a way..."
She muttered and she looked down sadly.
"Is she one fo the ghosts as well?"

He smiled thinly, "If you like. But you are quite good with the hand seals, so why don't you show me how you would use those for this approach, perhaps I can learn to use them, as well?"

"Ok dad...I use this to show I want to create something and this to show I am working with chaos and chance."
Your apprentice said and she showed you her hand signs, one was similar to the old Hermetic hand sign for Creo the other one was not even similar to anything you had seen the Hermetics used and it was fairly complex.
"Will that work dad?"

[Waltham]

Excellent. Either of you got any ideas on how to make sure we don't drive over a trap and all die?'

"What we can do is look ahead up the road as we go looking for spells and magick to catch any traps that are magickal and cast a spell of chance to hope that will disrupt any mechanical traps laid for us."
Marian said.
"I can do both."
He followed up and Fran and several of the others nodded that they to could do that.

'Yeah... I'm too big to hide.' Nicole quipped, clipping the webbing around her waist.

Coawa who had been silent until now spoke up.
"Yes you are very big, if you had been a shark you would kill and eat many males who tried to spawn with you!"
He announced in a way that made it clear it was meant to be a compliment. Gerda sigh and shook her head and muttered something about Rokea under her breath.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard 16.03.20 7:41

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'What, look with eyes? In the dark?' Nicole replied, somewhat incredulous. 'You know this will have us driving at like walking pace?'

Anja's Post:

'Erm... yeah, I don't kill my partners. In any way.' Nicole replied carefully, in a way only a woman who was clearly larger and probably heavier than most males were.

[Well, tea isn't *as* important now as it was in 1940 (which it was; UK tea stocks were classified as a "strategic commodity" like oil); personally, I'd be more annoyed by the lack of coffee (to the chagrin of my Irish ancestors, obviously). And anyway, the highest ever rating recorded nationally was "peeved", seen in September 1917 when not only was tea very short, but milk and sugar was too. *And* all the biscuits were gone!]

[But run and hide if things "are a bit sticky". Last time this happened was in 1951, when a British battalion found itself outnumbered 16 by advancing Chinese in Korea.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 16.03.20 8:46

[Waltham]

'What, look with eyes? In the dark?' Nicole replied, somewhat incredulous. 'You know this will have us driving at like walking pace?'

"Not exactly seeing with eyes no, more casting a spell to notice what is around us in form of magick and another spell to ensure luck and that any mechanisms made to hinder or harm us either fails or blow up in our enemies faces."
Marian said and Fran nodded.
"Depending on what method is used to sense such magick it can be done fairly quickly and for some distance ahead. Marian is a pretty quick spellcaster, while I who use bones and guns for my art is a bit slower."
The death maga explained.

'Erm... yeah, I don't kill my partners. In any way.' Nicole replied carefully, in a way only a woman who was clearly larger and probably heavier than most males were.

"You would let a weaker male spawn with you?"
Coawa said sounding confused. Gerda sigh and whispered to you.
"Allmost all wersharks are born to shark parents they do not understand human dating. Most sharks reproduce with the male finding a female he likes, biting onto her and trying to, do his thing, if he is strong enough he manage to subdue the female and well...if he is not strong enough she throw him off and in most cases kill and eat him, in nature that makes sure that only the strongest males get to breed ensuring strong offspring."
The werrat explained.
"Yes but Tane have said human females would not like that so I have to ask but showing them how strong I am might make them want to spawn with me. However human females are boring, there is no danger. But I am trying to spawn with a werspider woman, that is dangerous, it is good."
Coawa said he had clearly heard the whispering.
"To much information Coawa, way to much information."
Gerda said and she shook her head again.
"I can say it slower."
The Rokea replied.
"Not what I meant Coawa...not what I meant."

(OOC: I would tend to agree with you. I like both tea and coffee but I think I enjoy coffee more, though I drink herbal teas in the evening not to mess up my sleep. I like getting a good night's sleep.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard 16.03.20 9:56

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Okay. Work out a way do to it in the next two minutes.' Nicole replied, turning back to the main group. 'Now, how many medics do we have?'

Anja's Post:

'Well, there is a type of girl who likes that kind of thing...' the Etherite replied, tone suggesting that she might be in that demographic. 'But others feel... intimidated, like. And more will object if you like make clear your intention is to simply knock them up.'

Anja's Post:

'She means... you've said things she'd prefer to like, not know.' the Etherite replied, clearly a touch amused.

[Ye gads... not going to end up with Coawa having a crush on Nick, are we? (I don't mind OOC if that does happen, though she might IC. Or not).]

[Just spent half-hour trying to contact hospital regarding a routine appointment I've got - but no luck. How can I be 'responsible' if I can't get any official advice on what to do? *rolls eyes*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 16.03.20 9:58

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"It is sad to see a great mage like Mistress Jodelle reduced to just...a ghost."
Anna said with a sigh then she looked up at you.
"What about Matty? Miss Carlyle was captured as well was she not, she would have been...punished in such a way..."
She muttered and she looked down sadly.
"Is she one fo the ghosts as well?"
Colin frowned, "I don't know... The captive who told me the names of those he knew of didn't know all of them. I have... Fetters for most of the ghosts, but not all."

Anja wrote:"Ok dad...I use this to show I want to create something and this to show I am working with chaos and chance."
Your apprentice said and she showed you her hand signs, one was similar to the old Hermetic hand sign for Creo the other one was not even similar to anything you had seen the Hermetics used and it was fairly complex.
"Will that work dad?"
He arched an eyebrow, then nodded, "It should work just nicely... Hm, we should ask Lady Crexia, or the Chief, about those seals... they might have some enlightening insights."

He went on, twirling the wand and flicking it around, and meticulously tapped each outer wall, the floor, and the ceiling with the tip, establishing the ward's boundaries, "There, that ought to hold for a few weeks, at least."

((OOC: Let me know if I need to roll for the ward. Razz Though I suppose Colin's done this so many times now...))

((OOC2: Ah, yes, the "a bit sticky" incident of '51, when the American reinforcements, expecting something like being marginally outnumbered, wondered what the hell the British would categorize as "a crisis"... Razz ))

((OOC3: I guess Nicole's appreciation for any advances by Coawa would depend on how much she likes love bites, eh? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 16.03.20 11:28

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin frowned, "I don't know... The captive who told me the names of those he knew of didn't know all of them. I have... Fetters for most of the ghosts, but not all."

Anna nodded darkly at that.
"But Miss Carlyle's name was not on that list?"
She asked. Well Matty might not be dead, you had not seen her executed after her punishment, and a waiting Mercere had brought her with him to care for her so she might be alive.
"If you have their feathers do that mean you can kick their butt dad?"
Your apprentice asked.

He arched an eyebrow, then nodded, "It should work just nicely... Hm, we should ask Lady Crexia, or the Chief, about those seals... they might have some enlightening insights."

"It is the hand gestures I learned from Gabriel."
Anna replied.
"It is the ones he used as well, you would have seen him using them if he had any time to cast any spells before he died in battle."
But alas Gabriel had not through he had been holding a spell against Adley and the others trying to get in through the back door and you had seen the hand gestures for that before you shot the man.

He went on, twirling the wand and flicking it around, and meticulously tapped each outer wall, the floor, and the ceiling with the tip, establishing the ward's boundaries, "There, that ought to hold for a few weeks, at least."

Anna helped you out with casting your spell, and you could feel her focus and the power she brought to the working she caught on quickly on how to do the scrambler and was able to cast it on her own quite efficiently.
"That was fun dad."
Your apprentice said once the ward had best cast.
"That is a practical ward."

[Waltham]

'Okay. Work out a way do to it in the next two minutes.' Nicole replied, turning back to the main group. 'Now, how many medics do we have?'

"Two minutes, not a problem even I can have a spell ready by then."
Fran said and Marian nodded. Axel took a look around.
"I am skilled at mundane first aid, Mr Rush though is a skilled healer I know and Dr Hadermann's apprentice is able to patch someone up along with my Cabamate here Amber Rose Livingston."
He said indicating a woman in her 40's, one of the ones from Worchester, she was wearing wide, flowing pants, a nice black blouse with a white collar and an expensive looking rope of amber and pearls around her neck.
"Healing is my specialty Miss ehm...Bouchard was it?"
Amber Rose said.

Well, there is a type of girl who likes that kind of thing...' the Etherite replied, tone suggesting that she might be in that demographic. 'But others feel... intimidated, like. And more will object if you like make clear your intention is to simply knock them up.'

"Knocking a female up in the air would be bad, it might snap her neck and then she can not spawn. I do not want to scare a female but I would like one who can fight and who is strong, and if she is strong enough to defeat me and eat me then at least my death will be a good one. The stronger the female the stronger the spawn."
Coawa said with a nod.

'She means... you've said things she'd prefer to like, not know.' the Etherite replied, clearly a touch amused.

"Oh yes...Tane told me about this, humans and those born to humans are odd they get all strange when one talk about spawning, it is a wonder there are so many humans when they avoid the topic."
The Rokea said clearly confused.
"And weak males seams to want to make the females weaker...that makes no sense it will not create strong spawn."
Gerda sigh again and whispered to you.
"Both Rokea and Ratkin have breeding as part of our lit...ehm...laws, those who are not born to human parents, which are most for moth of our breeds get a bit hung up on it, don't take it the wrong way, Rokea are usually loyal friends and strong fighters but if he see you as strong he might ask it is just how they are, his kind value strength as a survival tactic over all things."

(OOC: Well if Nicole can kick is ass he will be very interested. And no a roll is not needed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 16.03.20 12:10

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:Anna nodded darkly at that.
"But Miss Carlyle's name was not on that list?"
She asked. Well Matty might not be dead, you had not seen her executed after her punishment, and a waiting Mercere had brought her with him to care for her so she might be alive.
"If you have their feathers do that mean you can kick their butt dad?"
Your apprentice asked.
Colin shook his head, "She was not... she might actually be alive still, training with the Mercere."
He chuckled, "And it's Fetters, not feathers. Fetters, like chains or shackles; things that bind the ghosts to this world..."

Anja wrote:"It is the hand gestures I learned from Gabriel."
Anna replied.
"It is the ones he used as well, you would have seen him using them if he had any time to cast any spells before he died in battle."
But alas Gabriel had not through he had been holding a spell against Adley and the others trying to get in through the back door and you had seen the hand gestures for that before you shot the man.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Well, the gestures might be some inverted variant of the old Hermetic seals, come to think of it - I wouldn't know."

Anja wrote:Anna helped you out with casting your spell, and you could feel her focus and the power she brought to the working she caught on quickly on how to do the scrambler and was able to cast it on her own quite efficiently.
"That was fun dad."
Your apprentice said once the ward had best cast.
"That is a practical ward."
He nodded, "Practical, and quite inoffensive. Some spells fall into the 'Seek and Destroy' category, but honestly, I prefer getting by undetected. Pity it would be impractical to ward the entire Chantry like this..."

He smiled wryly and pocketed the wand, "Alright, then, how about we go get Yu Die to bed, then? Would you lead the way?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 16.03.20 12:40

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin shook his head, "She was not... she might actually be alive still, training with the Mercere."

"Oh...I don't know if I should root for her to make it...or not in that condition."
Anna muttered with a shudder.

He chuckled, "And it's Fetters, not feathers. Fetters, like chains or shackles; things that bind the ghosts to this world..."

"Oh yeah...that makes more sense."
Your apprentice said with a grin.
"So to rephrase my question then dad, if you use these Fetters can you kick Wallace Jace's ghostly ass?"

He nodded thoughtfully, "Well, the gestures might be some inverted variant of the old Hermetic seals, come to think of it - I wouldn't know."

"Yeah they probably are. Gabriel was a Hermetic once after all."
Anna agreed.
"Kyle also use some variants of Hermetic hand sigils just developed in another direction, as do Mr Danbrock."
She could inform you.

He nodded, "Practical, and quite inoffensive. Some spells fall into the 'Seek and Destroy' category, but honestly, I prefer getting by undetected. Pity it would be impractical to ward the entire Chantry like this..."

"Yeah well it would sort of suck if no phones all over the Chantry would stop working. I think Freddy would get pretty angry then."
Anna said then she grinned.
"And then you would be in the dog house for a while dad."

He smiled wryly and pocketed the wand, "Alright, then, how about we go get Yu Die to bed, then? Would you lead the way?"

"Yeah sure...I will go open the door."
Anna said and she ran to do so.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein 16.03.20 12:42

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:You got back to Kyle's room. Stephen let you in, the young Hermetic gave you a bow when he saw you.
"Hello again Sir."
He said.
"Did all go well?"
The young Flambeau inquired.
Kyle was laying on the sofa, he had not eaten much of the eggs Stephen had prepared for him and he looked rather pale and sick though he mustered the strength to give you a wave of his hand.
"Hey Mr Yager."
He said with a weak smile.

"Hey guys." Serge said waving back. "Everything went all right. Put a scared Nephandi to sleep and gave him a nice dream. I've been doing that a lot today."

He walked into the room and took a seat in a nearby chair, "By the way, there's a creepy tree outside the chantry. I don't think you two would be able to see it but in case you are don't go near it. It'll mess you up."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 16.03.20 13:30

[Kyle's Room]

"Hey guys." Serge said waving back. "Everything went all right. Put a scared Nephandi to sleep and gave him a nice dream. I've been doing that a lot today."

"That is probably a kindness for the poor guy, I mean he is an enemy but to be captured and knowing what happens..."
Stephen begun but then he stopped talking and glanced at Kyle with a frown.

He walked into the room and took a seat in a nearby chair, "By the way, there's a creepy tree outside the chantry. I don't think you two would be able to see it but in case you are don't go near it. It'll mess you up."

"A creepy tree Sir?"
Stephen asked and he went to the window and looked outside.
"You are right I don't see anything. I do not think my Mentor would want me to go outside on my own right now but if I do I will be careful."
He agreed with a nod.
"Is this tree some spell sent by Jace or something?"
Kyle asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 16.03.20 13:39

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Oh...I don't know if I should root for her to make it...or not in that condition."
Anna muttered with a shudder.
Colin pondered, "I would hope she can find some purpose and satisfaction in living, rather than merely staying alive..."

Anja wrote:"Oh yeah...that makes more sense."
Your apprentice said with a grin.
"So to rephrase my question then dad, if you use these Fetters can you kick Wallace Jace's ghostly ass?"
He grinned, "I do believe they will allow me to order him to bend over and present himself for an extra-thorough kicking."

Anja wrote:"Yeah they probably are. Gabriel was a Hermetic once after all."
Anna agreed.
"Kyle also use some variants of Hermetic hand sigils just developed in another direction, as do Mr Danbrock."
She could inform you.
He nodded, "Hum, there's a project for you for when I'm off to Horizon. Speak with them about the hand sigil variants, and draw up the differences and similarities."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well it would sort of suck if no phones all over the Chantry would stop working. I think Freddy would get pretty angry then."
Anna said then she grinned.
"And then you would be in the dog house for a while dad."
He chuckled, "Master Sharaya would be quite upset, too, but yes, Freddy's ire would be far scarier."

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure...I will go open the door."
Anna said and she ran to do so.
He gently picked Yu Die up, careful not to jostle her, and started carefully carrying her off, following in Anna's wake.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein 16.03.20 14:23

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"A creepy tree Sir?"
Stephen asked and he went to the window and looked outside.
"You are right I don't see anything. I do not think my Mentor would want me to go outside on my own right now but if I do I will be careful."
He agreed with a nod.
"Is this tree some spell sent by Jace or something?"
Kyle asked.

"The tree has nothing to do with Jace, that we know of at least. Its actually a dead changling who came back as a ghost and is now hunting anyone with creative passions to eat them and sustain her existence." Serge replied in a straightforward tone, having had to explain that multiple times today. "She's taken an interest in me particularly. Don't know why she's a tree though. I think she's either extremely injured or resting."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 16.03.20 15:46

[Kyle's Room]

"The tree has nothing to do with Jace, that we know of at least. Its actually a dead changling who came back as a ghost and is now hunting anyone with creative passions to eat them and sustain her existence." Serge replied in a straightforward tone, having had to explain that multiple times today.

"Oh...is that all."
Kyle said sarcastically.
"Then again I live in a house full of mages and spirits and we are under siege by an angry ghost so perhaps I should not find it to odd."
The young Hermetic said raising an eyebrow.
"Wait...what...it eat those who are creative do that mean you are in danger Sir?"
Kyle asked now suddenly concerned for your safety.

"She's taken an interest in me particularly. Don't know why she's a tree though. I think she's either extremely injured or resting."

"She want to eat you Sir?"
Stephen asked and he sounded concerned as well.
"That sucks...and why are she a tree when she is hurt or resting and why rest here of all places?"

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin pondered, "I would hope she can find some purpose and satisfaction in living, rather than merely staying alive..."

"I guess she was given a choice and choose to stay alive...she must have had a reason right...poor Matty."
Anna said softly looking down sadly.
"Did you see...when they...was she...ehm...how was she doing after...the ritual?"
The girl muttered and she shivered again and plucked at her sweatier nervously.

He nodded, "Hum, there's a project for you for when I'm off to Horizon. Speak with them about the hand sigil variants, and draw up the differences and similarities."

"I can do that dad...sure I can use a note book and make a little book about it."
Your apprentice said happily.

He grinned, "I do believe they will allow me to order him to bend over and present himself for an extra-thorough kicking."

"Ohh good good, kick him hard then."
Anna said with a big grin.

He chuckled, "Master Sharaya would be quite upset, too, but yes, Freddy's ire would be far scarier."

"Yes it would be very, very scary."
The young Orphan agreed.
"Better not annoy her quite so much, Master Sharaya though he is not quite as scary, and I don't think I have ever seen him angry."

He gently picked Yu Die up, careful not to jostle her, and started carefully carrying her off, following in Anna's wake.

Yu Die did not weigh much, she was nearly a full year older than Anna but she was much shorter and thinner, the girl only moved slightly and then fell back asleep when you lifted her. Anna lead the way to Hildegard's room where she knocked on the door. Soon Cava came to open, she was wearing a long, blue night gown with a unicorn print with a matching blue ribbon in her short hair, a unicorn plushie was under one arm and she stood rubbing sleep from her eyes with the other. Cava waved to Anna then she gave you a slight curtsy. Hildegard appeared behind her.
"Mr Wainwright...I had to wave Cava for a protective ritual your Cabalmate wish to perform on her....ah young Miss Qen...she can take Jane's bed and Cava can sleep in my room when the ritual is done."
The Chorister said then she hesitated for a moment not sure if letting a man into two young girl's bedroom was proper before she decided it would be acceptable under the circumstances.
"Please follow me."
She said as she led the way towards the apartment's second bedroom.
"Quietly please I do not want to wave Jane."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein 16.03.20 16:10

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Oh...is that all."
Kyle said sarcastically.
"Then again I live in a house full of mages and spirits and we are under siege by an angry ghost so perhaps I should not find it to odd."
The young Hermetic said raising an eyebrow.
"Wait...what...it eat those who are creative do that mean you are in danger Sir?"
Kyle asked now suddenly concerned for your safety.
Anja wrote:"She want to eat you Sir?"
Stephen asked and he sounded concerned as well.
"That sucks...and why are she a tree when she is hurt or resting and why rest here of all places?"

"Eat me.....drain all of my creative energy and turn me into a dull husk of my former self. Either one. I've never seen her actually do it though." Serge said with a shrug. "Everytime she's tried to get near me she's gotten attacked. Once by a spirit guardian at the Villa. Once by Master Morgan like a half hour ago. The first time she got her arm cut off and the arm regrew as a tree branch. Which is why I think she's hurt. Cause she's all tree now. Don't know why she'd choose here to rest or even come to though. Seems like a pretty bad idea."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 16.03.20 17:02

[Nico's rooms]

"No that works for me, Cava is a sweet little girl I am sure she will not put her fingers in the vat of chemicals I am using to put a coating on the talismans to make sure the lead glass do not leak poison into the flesh of those wearing them, so just bring her over."
Nico said and Darrian nodded.
"Thank you Adept Markov, I will make sure my apprentice don't touch anything she should not."
He promised and the Verditius nodded at that.

"Er..." It was clear that he had not really thought about how dangerous Nico's rooms were in general, though she was in the process of using some material, and he looked around worried. His rooms weren't better, with a bit of exploring one would unearth his closet which held a lot of things kids shouldn't handle either, really.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard 16.03.20 17:39

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Thank God, we've got a couple of both.' Nicole replied, clearly relieved. 'Not going to say which group the full healers go in, but she's-' glancing towards Hadermann's assistant for a moment '-going with me. Gave my word to the Professor.' tone making it clear she rated that highly.

'Now, who's good at melee? Assume that's how Coawa and Strawberry will fight, but any others?'

Anja's Post:

'Er...' Nicole replied, clearly unsure whether to correct what she meant, instead giving a shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Erm... because we're a bunch of overly-evolved monkeys which used our brains to survive than speed or strength?' Nicole hazarded, dredging up some old episode of Nova she'd seen through a marijuana haze.

Anja's Post:

'Ah... I see. I think.' sounding distinctly uneasy.

[The only things defined as a crisis is either hyperbole or derided as such. We - as a people - are blinkered, arrogant and proud as devils; a people who have not been "beaten in war" since the American Rebel Scum War of Independence, once ruled a third of the globe, "won two world wars", gave the world sport, global warming and modern sanitation and now dwell in some psychosis in which we're still the world's Special Little Guys and everything revolves around us (qv: Brexit). We can't genuinely spot a crisis for we're too far off reality - anything and everything will be solved by "pluck", "spirit" or "muddling along and it all being all right on the night" (qv: Falklands War).]

[Well, the only thing realistically stronger than Coawa would be another Rokea... and Nicole relies more on fighting dirty than pure force.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 16.03.20 19:19

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"I guess she was given a choice and choose to stay alive...she must have had a reason right...poor Matty."
Anna said softly looking down sadly.
"Did you see...when they...was she...ehm...how was she doing after...the ritual?"
The girl muttered and she shivered again and plucked at her sweatier nervously.
Colin frowned, "She... was able to walk out. She had someone to support her, but she walked, albeit unsteadily. She didn't stumble, though."

Anja wrote:"Yes it would be very, very scary."
The young Orphan agreed.
"Better not annoy her quite so much, Master Sharaya though he is not quite as scary, and I don't think I have ever seen him angry."
He thought for a moment, "I've seen him angry once, I think... maybe twice? But he wasn't angry on his own behalf; it was quite righteous anger at, hm, some other injustice. I don't recall offhand what it was about, but it was quite proper."

Anja wrote:Yu Die did not weigh much, she was nearly a full year older than Anna but she was much shorter and thinner, the girl only moved slightly and then fell back asleep when you lifted her. Anna lead the way to Hildegard's room where she knocked on the door. Soon Cava came to open, she was wearing a long, blue night gown with a unicorn print with a matching blue ribbon in her short hair, a unicorn plushie was under one arm and she stood rubbing sleep from her eyes with the other. Cava waved to Anna then she gave you a slight curtsy. Hildegard appeared behind her.
"Mr Wainwright...I had to wave Cava for a protective ritual your Cabalmate wish to perform on her....ah young Miss Qen...she can take Jane's bed and Cava can sleep in my room when the ritual is done."
He smiled wryly, speaking quietly so as to not wake Yu Die, "Hello, Cava, Madame Gottschalk. Hum... I'm not sure what that ritual would be, though I'm guessing it is whatever they are doing in Adept Markov's apartment?"

Anja wrote:The Chorister said then she hesitated for a moment not sure if letting a man into two young girl's bedroom was proper before she decided it would be acceptable under the circumstances.
"Please follow me."
She said as she led the way towards the apartment's second bedroom.
"Quietly please I do not want to wave Jane."
He nodded, treading with seemingly unexpected lightness for a man of his stocky build - far more stealthily than his normally firm and almost marching, determined footsteps would imply him capable of, "Of course, I'm sure Anna will be able to properly tuck her in, I'm merely here to do the lifting..."

((OOC: I do believe Britain only ruled a quarter of the globe, not a full third. Razz Though "muddling along and hoping everything will work out in the end" does seem to have worked out quite well in the vast majority of situations... Wink ))

((OOC: Fighting dirty... well, all's fair in love and war, isn't it?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 16.03.20 21:23

[Kyle's Room]

"Eat me.....drain all of my creative energy and turn me into a dull husk of my former self. Either one. I've never seen her actually do it though." Serge said with a shrug.

"That sounds just horrible Sir!"
Kyle exclaimed.
"Is there a plan for how to keep you safe Mr Yager?"
He asked and Stephen nodded.
"Yeah that do not sound good Sir."

"Everytime she's tried to get near me she's gotten attacked. Once by a spirit guardian at the Villa. Once by Master Morgan like a half hour ago. The first time she got her arm cut off and the arm regrew as a tree branch. Which is why I think she's hurt. Cause she's all tree now. Don't know why she'd choose here to rest or even come to though. Seems like a pretty bad idea."

"I am glad someone was there to stop her when she tried to hurt someone Mr Yager but no she have to turn into a tree for another reason, unless she is suicidal then coming here when injured don't make any tactical sense. Everyone have some reason for their actions and if those reasons make no sense with the hypothesis you have then generally the hypothesis have to be changed."
Stephen said and he shook his head.
"She is not here because she is wounded or need rest there are some other reason.

[Nico's rooms]

Er..." It was clear that he had not really thought about how dangerous Nico's rooms were in general, though she was in the process of using some material, and he looked around worried. His rooms weren't better, with a bit of exploring one would unearth his closet which held a lot of things kids shouldn't handle either, really.

"Cava is an alchemist apprentice Sodalis if she did not understand a basic instruction of don't touch there is no way she would still have all of her fingers."
Nico said matter of factly.
"I am sure it will be fine to bring her here."
They said as they begun finding chemicals from the kitchen cabinet and started mixing them in a glass bowl, chemicals that smelled rather foul.
"Cava will not touch anything she is not allowed to Sodalis."
Darrian said.
"I have more dangerous things in my apartment and she is there all the time."

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin frowned, "She... was able to walk out. She had someone to support her, but she walked, albeit unsteadily. She didn't stumble, though."

"I guess...that is good dad...she...hem...she must have been...it is horrible...I...ehm let us discuss something else."
Anna muttered, she had grown rather pale.

He thought for a moment, "I've seen him angry once, I think... maybe twice? But he wasn't angry on his own behalf; it was quite righteous anger at, hm, some other injustice. I don't recall offhand what it was about, but it was quite proper."

"Yeah that would suit him, to be angry on behalf of someone else."
Your apprentice agreed with a nod.

[Hildegard's Apartment]

He smiled wryly, speaking quietly so as to not wake Yu Die, "Hello, Cava, Madame Gottschalk. Hum... I'm not sure what that ritual would be, though I'm guessing it is whatever they are doing in Adept Markov's apartment?"

"I do not know much myself, but it is a protective rite my Cabalmate want done on his apprentice and he assured me it would not harm her and I have no reason not to trust him on that."
Hildegard whispered and Cava waved to you again.

He nodded, treading with seemingly unexpected lightness for a man of his stocky build - far more stealthily than his normally firm and almost marching, determined footsteps would imply him capable of, "Of course, I'm sure Anna will be able to properly tuck her in, I'm merely here to do the lifting..."

"Off course...then please come with me Mr Wainwright...Miss Wainwright..."
The Chorister said and she led you into a small bedroom, the walls where green and there was two beds, two desks and two book cases and a dresser and a wardrobe as well as a doll house on a small table, the room was full of toys though on one of the desks was a open playstation controller in the process of being fixed. You also saw Jane's priced doll tea set on one of the shelves. Jane herself was sleeping soundly with a doll in her arms. Hildegard pointed to the other bed.

[Waltham]

Thank God, we've got a couple of both.' Nicole replied, clearly relieved. 'Not going to say which group the full healers go in, but she's-' glancing towards Hadermann's assistant for a moment '-going with me. Gave my word to the Professor.' tone making it clear she rated that highly.

"That seams fair."
Axel replied, what if you take the ones from your own Chantry and I take the guys from mine, that way we will have healers on both teams, and if we get to borrow one of your Euthanathos we also ahve someone who is good at manipulating chance on our side of things and we even the teams out more?"
The other Etherite suggested.

Now, who's good at melee? Assume that's how Coawa and Strawberry will fight, but any others?'

"I can fight with a knife."
Ingmar said.
"I have basic training."
Axel said then he gave a frown.
"But I am getting old."
"Well i am an Acashic so...yeah there is that."
Ty said and he scratched his head for a moment.
"I have been in a bar fight or two."
The pretty Goth boy replied.

Er...' Nicole replied, clearly unsure whether to correct what she meant, instead giving a shrug.

The wer shark gave you a big friendly grin with his sharp rows of teeth.

'Erm... because we're a bunch of overly-evolved monkeys which used our brains to survive than speed or strength?' Nicole hazarded, dredging up some old episode of Nova she'd seen through a marijuana haze.

"Oh...ehm...ok...well thinking is good, but that do not help when a few tons of feeth and muscle come at you."
Coawa replied.

'Ah... I see. I think.' sounding distinctly uneasy.

"Yeah...sorry about that...it gets crazy at times, not everyone think like human beings...then again that can be a good thing you know, less messy."
Gerda replied with a shrug.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 16.03.20 22:36

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yeah that would suit him, to be angry on behalf of someone else."
Your apprentice agreed with a nod.
Colin smiled, "He's a good man - a bit innocent for a Deacon Primus-to-be, perhaps, but that's not necessarily a negative. He's very much like Serge in that regard..."

[Hildegard's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I do not know much myself, but it is a protective rite my Cabalmate want done on his apprentice and he assured me it would not harm her and I have no reason not to trust him on that."
Hildegard whispered and Cava waved to you again.
He paused for a moment, "Ah, I think I get it; a protection akin to what he's done for Master Sharaya, perhaps, to keep our problems out."
He winked to Cava, "Since they're working with Adept Markov, perhaps that means you'll get a nice bit of jewelry to wear. Adept Markov is good at making nice things to wear, like Anna's new, pretty collar. I don't think they're making one of those for you, though."

Anja wrote:"Off course...then please come with me Mr Wainwright...Miss Wainwright..."
The Chorister said and she led you into a small bedroom, the walls where green and there was two beds, two desks and two book cases and a dresser and a wardrobe as well as a doll house on a small table, the room was full of toys though on one of the desks was a open playstation controller in the process of being fixed. You also saw Jane's priced doll tea set on one of the shelves. Jane herself was sleeping soundly with a doll in her arms. Hildegard pointed to the other bed.
He gave Anna a subtle nod to indicate she should follow as he carried Yu Die and laid her gently down on the bed before taking a step back, as a matter of propriety, "Alright, Anna... If you'd finish tucking her in, I'll be outside. Madame Gottschalk, Cava."
He gave the senior Chorister and the little alchemist-to-be a polite bow, and retreated out of the bedroom to wait for Anna.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next