Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:03 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

'Erm... was talking about the cabin where Fran's cell got exploded.' Nicole replied, giving a look to the Chief. 'And yeah, you were taken further than that, like. This is an old hospital out in Waltham ways.'

"How the fuck would it help our pack to find me then if I am not in those cabins near the marches? And what do they have to do with anything."
The werewolf asked then Jeffry raised an eyebrow.
"I am finding myself wondering the same thing Miss Bouchard given that without the intel we have and the werewolves do not it would not be easy to link the two."

Nicole considered all of this, clearly trying to form a plan of sorts which fit all the needs. 'Okay... we evac the prisoners now with teleport... while you can go and look at this altar. Scratch team quickly clears the rest of building of hostiles... the two medics can give this room a once-over before you torch it. Second transport can be the bulk of us, leaving a clear-up squad - after all, we can't like leave dead bodies, guns or items of intel around for Mundies to find. They can also take the cars back to Boston. Normally, I'd like volunteer to lead the clear-up, but get that I'm needed back at base.' ending with a clear "what do you think?" look to the Chief.

"It is not a bad plan Miss Bouchard, I do want you with the first group being sent back to Steelhaven though since as you said you are needed, so you get teleported home with the wounded rescuees."
The old war mage said with a nod.
"I will contact the person we have to do the teleportation for us, if you can check on your team in the meantime?"
He said and he pulled out his phone.

[Master Steelhaven's rooms]

"Sure but we're talking about something that will have some kind of mind. I know, not all of how I feel makes logical sense. But...well, as our cabalmate said this could turn out to be a longer debate than we might have time to indulge in to help me understand."

"Well as the others have said, it is your call Adley, yes I would kill a program who only have a rudimentary mind but if you are not comfortable we will find another way."
Jon said with a sigh.

He glanced towards her curiously. "Oh?"

"Fairies young Warriors, fairies can send dreams as real as the waking world."
The Deaconess replied.

"Captured would probably be harder to accomplish."

"Indeed so better to make him dead."
Jon agreed.

"We do need some way to see if the person is our target, in case the other spell went awry and landed on the wrong person, accidentally."

"Mara can probably feel if someone is out of time."
Amadeus replied.
"She is skilled in that art after all."

Colin nodded, "I believe everyone in this room is equally aware of the... situation? I trust your wards, as such."

"True but it still better to be to careful Mr Wainwright then to be careful with something like this."

He frowned, "That'd be one hell of an investigation in advance of the attack; does anyone even know who Miss Bouchard was back then? I'm given to understand she's adopted a number of aliases in her time..."

"I do not know actually, but if you are going to take the risk of sending someone back in time then it makes sense to do allot of research before the mission."
Jon replied.
"But we are going to have to ask Nick herself."

He grinned, "Most likely not. Well, or other delicate bits, going by that article."

He smiled wryly, "Ah, the Curse of Fatal Death is... well, a reference; a comedy skit. But for the purpose of making it seem entirely accidental, I suppose that spell would be... tidier than a series of lethal stab wounds, if the man is fished out of the pipes later."

"Rip the Man Body do not leave any marks on the body so yes it would be tidier."
Amadeus said and he raised an eyebrow.
"I fear I have not heart of this skit."
He added dryly.

He frowned, "Would we even be completely able to bring him securely back here to the present, instead of having him dragged back to his point of origin?"

"It is certainly possible but it would be complicated and add allot of effort and danger to the working."
George said with a frown.
"I do not believe the benefit of capturing the man is worth it."

He nodded, "While I take some pride in my precision, I can't completely exclude the possibility that the assassin managed to somehow transfer the misfortune to someone else. A backup plan would be quite valuable, all the same."

"Indeed so, therefore our first task would be to identify the man so we are sure we get the right person."
The Primus said.
"And we need to be sure only one person have been sent back and that they are not using the same illusions against us we have discussed using against them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:28 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'What do they have to do with anything? Nothing. That's the fucking problem.' Nicole replied, temper clearly frayed almost to the point of snapping. 'There's been a large amount of "not caring" going on, which is usually a sign my boot needs to be lodged in more asses.' ending with a look of a woman who had a large bucket of annoyance and was planning to spread it around with a large trowel.

Anja's Post:

'You want me to start organising things first before transport, sir? Should only take a couple of minutes to get things moving...' pulling out her own cell.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:11 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

What do they have to do with anything? Nothing. That's the fucking problem.' Nicole replied, temper clearly frayed almost to the point of snapping. 'There's been a large amount of "not caring" going on, which is usually a sign my boot needs to be lodged in more asses.' ending with a look of a woman who had a large bucket of annoyance and was planning to spread it around with a large trowel.

"Supernatural societies do not usually work well together Miss Bouchard, so the werewolves are not likely to get the information we have and vice versa, however if you want to take it upon yourself to find a way to unite the Awakened societies, by all means as long as that uniting do not involve vampires I approve of such a attempt."
Jeffry said with a glance at Nicole.

'You want me to start organising things first before transport, sir? Should only take a couple of minutes to get things moving...' pulling out her own cell.

"Very well Miss Bouchard but make sure to take as little time as possible, we have to move quickly."
The old war mage said with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:58 pm

Anja wrote:"True but it still better to be to careful Mr Wainwright then to be careful with something like this."
Colin nodded, "Very much so. All the same, it will be a sweet day when the evidence is laid out before the Council of Nine... but until then, we must maintain some secrecy regarding what we know."

Anja wrote:"Fairies young Warriors, fairies can send dreams as real as the waking world."
The Deaconess replied.
He arched an eyebrow, "Fairy Glamours, that would be akin to our Kiasyd guest's manservant, then... Greatly convincing, but they might have their own drawbacks? Of course, you would know those better than I, Deaconess."

Anja wrote:"I do not know actually, but if you are going to take the risk of sending someone back in time then it makes sense to do allot of research before the mission."
Jon replied.
"But we are going to have to ask Nick herself."
He nodded, "Hopefully, she'll be back soon."

Anja wrote:"Mara can probably feel if someone is out of time."
Amadeus replied.
He smiled, "She sees a great many things hidden from us. On that note, Lady Mara, Freddy wondered if your unicorn visited her in the infirmary. Freddy is a little out of it, but it seems plausible enough."

Anja wrote:"Rip the Man Body do not leave any marks on the body so yes it would be tidier."
Amadeus said and he raised an eyebrow.
"I fear I have not heart of this skit."
He added dryly.
He grinned, "It's a fairly obscure little short film, one of BBC's charity projects where they essentially joke around with their own franchises. It is, perhaps, a little dated now, but some of the jokes are quite spot on - but you'd have to know the reference material to get them. I'll explain later."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so, therefore our first task would be to identify the man so we are sure we get the right person."
The Primus said.
"And we need to be sure only one person have been sent back and that they are not using the same illusions against us we have discussed using against them."
He nodded, "I found the timeline the Chronomancer is trying to impose on us; I could try to bring it up again here for closer examination, if you wish?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Not about co-operating, it's about caring in the first place.' the Etherite replied. 'That tentacled fucker would have gotten away with it if he'd stuck with rat kinfolk and I hadn't got to know one they'd taken.' the was a look on her face that she could say a lot more on this, but decided not to.

'I'll go and organise stuff.' leaving the lab.

Anja's Post:

Nicole strode towards the room with the prisoners in, to check on the situation - though she'd stop to talk to any people she runs into en route.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:40 pm

Anja wrote:"Fairies young Warriors, fairies can send dreams as real as the waking world."
The Deaconess replied.
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Fairy Glamours, that would be akin to our Kiasyd guest's manservant, then... Greatly convincing, but they might have their own drawbacks? Of course, you would know those better than I, Deaconess."

"Ohhhhh, can we do that as well. Who can fool people better than the fae?" Serge said, clearly liking that idea a little more. "And can those fairies teach me how to do that."

Anja wrote:"The article have the general area but there are likely more than one manhole however I can probably narrow it down given a bit of time."
Jon said.
"It is not a bad plan but we will need some back ups, this is important to put all for our eggs in one basket Mr Yager."
Amadeus said with a frown.
"Hopefully this can be dealt with easily, but...I do not want to underestimate our foe."
Adley wrote:"We do need some way to see if the person is our target, in case the other spell went awry and landed on the wrong person, accidentally."
Anja wrote:He nodded, "While I take some pride in my precision, I can't completely exclude the possibility that the assassin managed to somehow transfer the misfortune to someone else. A backup plan would be quite valuable, all the same."
Anja wrote:"Indeed so, therefore our first task would be to identify the man so we are sure we get the right person."
The Primus said.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I found the timeline the Chronomancer is trying to impose on us; I could try to bring it up again here for closer examination, if you wish?"

"That would be handy. Is it possible for Ryan or the Masters to look through it to find all of the people who are out of time? That would make identifying him a lot easier." Serge said, agreeing with his Cabal Leader's proposition.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:57 pm

"Well as the others have said, it is your call Adley, yes I would kill a program who only have a rudimentary mind but if you are not comfortable we will find another way."
Jon said with a sigh.

He put himself on a beach in his mind, from when he was a kid. The entire beach was filled with red jellyfish, bigger than his hands. Groups of bored kids, who couldn't swim, were chucking rocks into the dead jellies and throwing seaweed at each other. His brother and sister were looking for shells, poking at them with a stick to move them. A rudimentary mind, like a jellyfish that kids everywhere had either been stung by or thrown at a sibling in spite. He was concerned he was standing on his conscience enough to make a difficult problem harder for no definable reason for a large amount of people and indeed reality. He wasn't a vegetarian, vegan or anything of the sort and had in fact killed quite a few people, in the last few months. For this to crop up now he didn't understand, he didn't have a problem growing food and eating it or the idea of having an animal to eat unless it was treated poorly. But the more he turned it around and tried to see it from a different angle, the feeling persisted anyway.

"Fairies young Warriors, fairies can send dreams as real as the waking world."
The Deaconess replied.
He arched an eyebrow, "Fairy Glamours, that would be akin to our Kiasyd guest's manservant, then... Greatly convincing, but they might have their own drawbacks? Of course, you would know those better than I, Deaconess."
"Ohhhhh, can we do that as well. Who can fool people better than the fae?" Serge said, clearly liking that idea a little more. "And can those fairies teach me how to do that."

He tilted his head a bit at her. "Hm..." Well, dreams and stuff of dreams may not be meant to last in the physical world at least. It might make a difference, but he also knew better than to think such was free. "I don't know much about such. Would it put you in hardship?"

"Mara can probably feel if someone is out of time."
Amadeus replied.
He smiled, "She sees a great many things hidden from us. On that note, Lady Mara, Freddy wondered if your unicorn visited her in the infirmary. Freddy is a little out of it, but it seems plausible enough."

"That's true."

Colin wrote:
He nodded, "I found the timeline the Chronomancer is trying to impose on us; I could try to bring it up again here for closer examination, if you wish?"

"That would be handy. Is it possible for Ryan or the Masters to look through it to find all of the people who are out of time? That would make identifying him a lot easier." Serge said, agreeing with his Cabal Leader's proposition.

He wrote, then handed off: 'From the dowsing it seems only one attacker at the locations that were dowsed for, but the dowsing is not perfect due to how complicated this is and how little we had to use, so it may not be 100% accurate.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:47 am

Colin nodded, "Very much so. All the same, it will be a sweet day when the evidence is laid out before the Council of Nine... but until then, we must maintain some secrecy regarding what we know."

"Indeed and we do not want the guilty to learn of what we know and use that to find a way to evade justice."
The old Guernicus replied.

"Indeed so, a living dream, but like all dreams the harsh truths of reality can unmake them."
The Deacoess said.
"But they are there in this dreams as real as any other."

He nodded, "Hopefully, she'll be back soon."

"Indeed we need her to be part of this"
Jon agreed.

"He might have, my steed at times go to visit those who are sick or wounded to comfort them and aid in their recovery."
Mara said with a warm, kind smile.
"He is a very kind and gentle creature."

He grinned, "It's a fairly obscure little short film, one of BBC's charity projects where they essentially joke around with their own franchises. It is, perhaps, a little dated now, but some of the jokes are quite spot on - but you'd have to know the reference material to get them. I'll explain later."

Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
"Well something to discuss later perhaps."
He grunted.

"Yes that might be useful Mr Wainwright."
George replied with a nod.

"Even I can not use the gifts of the fae dear child, but with our magick with can do anything so perhaps so."
The Deaconess replied.

That would be handy. Is it possible for Ryan or the Masters to look through it to find all of the people who are out of time? That would make identifying him a lot easier." Serge said, agreeing with his Cabal Leader's proposition.

"It is possible, it depends on how good their wards are."
Ryan said.
"But yes it is quite possible."

He put himself on a beach in his mind, from when he was a kid. The entire beach was filled with red jellyfish, bigger than his hands. Groups of bored kids, who couldn't swim, were chucking rocks into the dead jellies and throwing seaweed at each other. His brother and sister were looking for shells, poking at them with a stick to move them. A rudimentary mind, like a jellyfish that kids everywhere had either been stung by or thrown at a sibling in spite. He was concerned he was standing on his conscience enough to make a difficult problem harder for no definable reason for a large amount of people and indeed reality. He wasn't a vegetarian, vegan or anything of the sort and had in fact killed quite a few people, in the last few months. For this to crop up now he didn't understand, he didn't have a problem growing food and eating it or the idea of having an animal to eat unless it was treated poorly. But the more he turned it around and tried to see it from a different angle, the feeling persisted anyway.

Jon looked at you for a moment then he smiled and sigh.
"It is okey Adley, don't sweat it or think to much we will find another way."

He tilted his head a bit at her. "Hm..." Well, dreams and stuff of dreams may not be meant to last in the physical world at least. It might make a difference, but he also knew better than to think such was free. "I don't know much about such. Would it put you in hardship?"

"There is always a price to pay young Warrior, for any service there is a service to do in return and especially with my friends, but I am sure I can get to a beneficial agreement."
The Deaconess replied.

He wrote, then handed off: 'From the dowsing it seems only one attacker at the locations that were dowsed for, but the dowsing is not perfect due to how complicated this is and how little we had to use, so it may not be 100% accurate.'

George nodded at this after he had read your note.
"Certainly and we can see what we can find looking for this attacker if we contact the emerging timeline."

[Abandoned Hospital]

'Not about co-operating, it's about caring in the first place.' the Etherite replied. 'That tentacled fucker would have gotten away with it if he'd stuck with rat kinfolk and I hadn't got to know one they'd taken.' the was a look on her face that she could say a lot more on this, but decided not to.

"We can not care about all that happens in every Awakened society Miss Bouchard, nor can we expect the other societies to do so either, not unless they are allied with one another."
Jeffry replied simply.

'I'll go and organise stuff.' leaving the lab.

"Thank you Miss Bouchard."
The old war mage replied with a nod.

Nicole strode towards the room with the prisoners in, to check on the situation - though she'd stop to talk to any people she runs into en route.

The room with the captured Nephandi or the room with the rescued prisoners?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:28 am

Jon looked at you for a moment then he smiled and sigh.
"It is okey Adley, don't sweat it or think to much we will find another way."

He made a sort of what can I do gesture with his hands, the dropped them. He couldn't remember seeing Jon smile much, but, really that was not a surprise because he had a hard time even remembering how he looked most of the time.

"Indeed so, a living dream, but like all dreams the harsh truths of reality can unmake them." The Deacoess said. "But they are there in this dreams as real as any other."
"Even I can not use the gifts of the fae dear child, but with our magick with can do anything so perhaps so."
The Deaconess replied.

"...Alive but made of dream, not flesh. I don't know, for my limitations of understanding in all these directions, would this be worse than the other idea?"

"There is always a price to pay young Warrior, for any service there is a service to do in return and especially with my friends, but I am sure I can get to a beneficial agreement."
The Deaconess replied.

He nodded to that. "Yes, I understand. There is also time to consider; I am not sure we have much at our disposal."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:09 am

He made a sort of what can I do gesture with his hands, the dropped them. He couldn't remember seeing Jon smile much, but, really that was not a surprise because he had a hard time even remembering how he looked most of the time.

Jon usually looked rather sad, or at least focused but he still gave you a bit of an encouraging smile before he went back to his tablet to tap at it searching for more information.

"...Alive but made of dream, not flesh. I don't know, for my limitations of understanding in all these directions, would this be worse than the other idea?"

"We are all made of dreams, but some dreams can die but not be dead, their purpose served they will reform into another dream, unless facts and hard reality unmake them."
Mara relied.

He nodded to that. "Yes, I understand. There is also time to consider; I am not sure we have much at our disposal."

"We should not dally, there is never to much or to little time, but there is a time to act and it is approaching on a fast horse, and it will not wait for any of us."
The Deaconess agreed with a smile before she sipped her tea.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:39 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

[The room with the rescued prisoners, talking to anybody she runs into on the way]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:31 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

The room with the rescued prisoners are right next door. You notice Tetenus there helping to care for the wounded. The healers start milling back into to room the prisoners was kept, no one paid you much heed though unless you tried to get their attention.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:51 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Nicole scanned the room, seeing if Alicia was there.

[Is this room full of medical stuff too? I forget]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:28 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Alicia was there she was trying to get some water into a very pale, weak looking young man. No this room only have have the wounded former prisoners and what tubes and other equipment har been inserted into them, other than that and cots on the floor the room was bare.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:18 pm

"We are all made of dreams, but some dreams can die but not be dead, their purpose served they will reform into another dream, unless facts and hard reality unmake them."
Mara relied.

"Well, that sounds better I suppose. More mutable, than fixed. Even though I know that material forms undergo change also..." He quirked a questioning brow to the others.

"We should not dally, there is never to much or to little time, but there is a time to act and it is approaching on a fast horse, and it will not wait for any of us."
The Deaconess agreed with a smile before she sipped her tea

"Yes, we should decide."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:00 pm

[Master Steelhavens Room]

"It is a possible solution but will cost extra time for Mara to contact her allies, as it is we have a working plan of setting up an ambush in the sewers so the question is if the illusion is worth the extra time spent."
Amadeus commented.

"Yes the hour to decide have come. We must prevent the river of time from washing our young friends away."
Mara declared.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Anja wrote:"Even I can not use the gifts of the fae dear child, but with our magick with can do anything so perhaps so."
The Deaconess replied.
Adley wrote:"...Alive but made of dream, not flesh. I don't know, for my limitations of understanding in all these directions, would this be worse than the other idea?"
Anja wrote:"We are all made of dreams, but some dreams can die but not be dead, their purpose served they will reform into another dream, unless facts and hard reality unmake them."
Mara relied.
Adley wrote:"Well, that sounds better I suppose. More mutable, than fixed. Even though I know that material forms undergo change also..." He quirked a questioning brow to the others.

Serge seemed incredibly intrigued at the thought of using similar magick to the fae. "Makes perfect sense to me. It's like what I do in my dreams. Create characters and imaginary friends in my mind to fulfill a purpose. They don't really die. They simply cease to be once they've fulfilled their purpose until you need them again for a new story."

Anja wrote:"It is a possible solution but will cost extra time for Mara to contact her allies, as it is we have a working plan of setting up an ambush in the sewers so the question is if the illusion is worth the extra time spent."
Amadeus commented.
Anja wrote:"Yes the hour to decide have come. We must prevent the river of time from washing our young friends away."
Mara declared.

"I'm all for the fae plan. We fool the assassin, make our involvement secret, gain an advantage in the upcoming fight as they believe they killed two of our fighter, and no one gets harmed." he said, offering his opinion.

Anja wrote:"It is possible, it depends on how good their wards are."
Ryan said.

"Well we know he doesn't have a ward to prevent bad luck. May as well try. Although it does run the risk of him feeling someone poking at his wards." Serge said thoughtfully.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Anja wrote:"Indeed and we do not want the guilty to learn of what we know and use that to find a way to evade justice."
The old Guernicus replied.
Colin simply nodded.

Anja wrote:"Indeed so, a living dream, but like all dreams the harsh truths of reality can unmake them."
The Deacoess said.
"But they are there in this dreams as real as any other."
Jeremy wrote:"Ohhhhh, can we do that as well. Who can fool people better than the fae?" Serge said, clearly liking that idea a little more. "And can those fairies teach me how to do that."
Anja wrote:"Even I can not use the gifts of the fae dear child, but with our magick with can do anything so perhaps so."
The Deaconess replied.
S7trif3 wrote:"...Alive but made of dream, not flesh. I don't know, for my limitations of understanding in all these directions, would this be worse than the other idea?"
Anja wrote:"We are all made of dreams, but some dreams can die but not be dead, their purpose served they will reform into another dream, unless facts and hard reality unmake them."
Mara relied.
S7trif3 wrote:"Well, that sounds better I suppose. More mutable, than fixed. Even though I know that material forms undergo change also..." He quirked a questioning brow to the others.
Jeremy wrote:Serge seemed incredibly intrigued at the thought of using similar magick to the fae. "Makes perfect sense to me. It's like what I do in my dreams. Create characters and imaginary friends in my mind to fulfill a purpose. They don't really die. They simply cease to be once they've fulfilled their purpose until you need them again for a new story."
S7trif3 wrote:He tilted his head a bit at her. "Hm..." Well, dreams and stuff of dreams may not be meant to last in the physical world at least. It might make a difference, but he also knew better than to think such was free. "I don't know much about such. Would it put you in hardship?"
Anja wrote:"There is always a price to pay young Warrior, for any service there is a service to do in return and especially with my friends, but I am sure I can get to a beneficial agreement."
The Deaconess replied.
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded to that. "Yes, I understand. There is also time to consider; I am not sure we have much at our disposal."
Anja wrote:"We should not dally, there is never to much or to little time, but there is a time to act and it is approaching on a fast horse, and it will not wait for any of us."
The Deaconess agreed with a smile before she sipped her tea.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, we should decide."
Anja wrote:"It is a possible solution but will cost extra time for Mara to contact her allies, as it is we have a working plan of setting up an ambush in the sewers so the question is if the illusion is worth the extra time spent."
Amadeus commented.

"Yes the hour to decide have come. We must prevent the river of time from washing our young friends away."
Mara declared.
Jeremy wrote:"I'm all for the fae plan. We fool the assassin, make our involvement secret, gain an advantage in the upcoming fight as they believe they killed two of our fighter, and no one gets harmed." he said, offering his opinion.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "If Lady Mara believes we can affordably pull it off, I'm all for it."

Anja wrote:Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
"Well something to discuss later perhaps."
He grunted.
He grinned, "Perhaps."

Anja wrote:"Yes that might be useful Mr Wainwright."
Jeremy wrote:"That would be handy. Is it possible for Ryan or the Masters to look through it to find all of the people who are out of time? That would make identifying him a lot easier." Serge said, agreeing with his Cabal Leader's proposition.
Anja wrote:"It is possible, it depends on how good their wards are."
Ryan said.
Jeremy wrote:"Well we know he doesn't have a ward to prevent bad luck. May as well try. Although it does run the risk of him feeling someone poking at his wards." Serge said thoughtfully.
S7trif3 wrote:He wrote, then handed off: 'From the dowsing it seems only one attacker at the locations that were dowsed for, but the dowsing is not perfect due to how complicated this is and how little we had to use, so it may not be 100% accurate.'
Anja wrote:George nodded at this after he had read your note.
"Certainly and we can see what we can find looking for this attacker if we contact the emerging timeline."
He nodded, "He might not notice an inquisitive probe, but he likely knows we're aware of the working since Anna cast her new Wave of Annoyance at his work, and it's quite plausible he compensated for a day of misfortune by sending the assassin back an extra day. All the same, an examination of the timeline shift could probably answer a few more questions if done by our more experienced practitioners..."
He fished out his notebook and quickly drew up a small circle, nodding to Adley, "Amicus, if you'd lend me your hand again? Displaying it for all to see will probably be a little easier than to let each one see it individually..."

Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:45 pm

Serge seemed incredibly intrigued at the thought of using similar magick to the fae. "Makes perfect sense to me. It's like what I do in my dreams. Create characters and imaginary friends in my mind to fulfill a purpose. They don't really die. They simply cease to be once they've fulfilled their purpose until you need them again for a new story."

"Yes they are similar to that young Artist, but more life and individuality have been breathed into them, they have their own story and do not just take part in yours."
Mara explained.
"They are created of the stuff of dreams...but yes that which is dreamed up when it dies become the stuff of dreams again and can be re created."

"I'm all for the fae plan. We fool the assassin, make our involvement secret, gain an advantage in the upcoming fight as they believe they killed two of our fighter, and no one gets harmed." he said, offering his opinion.

"Yeah...but what do we gain from this plan which is much more complicated?"
Jon asked sounding a bit skeptical.
"Alternative one, we send someone back to wait in the sewers, when the assassin fall down, they off him, problem solved, we will need back up plans off course but if we are lucky we do not even need to involve young Adley and young Nicole, we take this guy out and done...alternative two, we get a hold of a fairie who create some imaginary beings that look like Adley and Nicole, we send those and someone to stop the assassin in case he do not fall for the ruse back and hope he attack the decoys and think his mission is successful so he will go back to our time without accomplishing his task...how is this better? There is something to be said for keep it simple stupid."
The Virtual Adept asked.

"Well we know he doesn't have a ward to prevent bad luck. May as well try. Although it does run the risk of him feeling someone poking at his wards." Serge said thoughtfully.

"That is true there is always the risk when dealing with other mages that if you try to affect them with your magick they will feel it and that could tip the guy off."
Ryan agreed with a frown.

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "If Lady Mara believes we can affordably pull it off, I'm all for it."

"I believe I can do so yes, but I will have to contact my allies and negotiate an agreement."
Mara said with a smile and she took a sip of her tea.

He grinned, "Perhaps."

The old Verbena did not look amused.

He nodded, "He might not notice an inquisitive probe, but he likely knows we're aware of the working since Anna cast her new Wave of Annoyance at his work, and it's quite plausible he compensated for a day of misfortune by sending the assassin back an extra day. All the same, an examination of the timeline shift could probably answer a few more questions if done by our more experienced practitioners..."

"Wave of Annoyance, an interesting name for a working."
Master Nassa commented with a chuckle.
"It might be worth the risk of detection to get more information to work with."

He fished out his notebook and quickly drew up a small circle, nodding to Adley, "Amicus, if you'd lend me your hand again? Displaying it for all to see will probably be a little easier than to let each one see it individually..."

The gathered magi turned their attention to your notebook and looked from Colin to Adley wondering what the two planned to do and how.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:12 pm

Yeah...but what do we gain from this plan which is much more complicated?"
"Alternative one, we send someone back to wait in the sewers, when the assassin fall down, they off him, problem solved, we will need back up plans off course but if we are lucky we do not even need to involve young Adley and young Nicole, we take this guy out and done...alternative two, we get a hold of a fairie who create some imaginary beings that look like Adley and Nicole, we send those and someone to stop the assassin in case he do not fall for the ruse back and hope he attack the decoys and think his mission is successful so he will go back to our time without accomplishing his task...how is this better? There is something to be said for keep it simple stupid."
The Virtual Adept asked.

"Well when you put it that way....still, we are going to need a backup or fallback plan. We can't count on only that, in case it doesn't work, either."

He nodded. "Certainly." This time, he put his hand out when the circle was ready in the correct place, as he had learned from last time.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:27 pm

"Well when you put it that way....still, we are going to need a backup or fallback plan. We can't count on only that, in case it doesn't work, either."

"A backup plan could be that if we can not take the assassin out in the sewer, to get your and Miss Bouchard's younger self to safety, taking them to Steelhaven or some other safe location and then go and hunt the man down."
Amadeus said.
"Or we could try the trickery with the illusions if we can not take the man out quickly and efficiently."

He nodded. "Certainly." This time, he put his hand out when the circle was ready in the correct place, as he had learned from last time.

The other mages still paid attention to what you and Colin was up to.
"Should I get a working to scry on this alternate timeline ready for when you two's spells is up?"
Ryan asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:37 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah...but what do we gain from this plan which is much more complicated?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
S7trif3 wrote:"Well when you put it that way....still, we are going to need a backup or fallback plan. We can't count on only that, in case it doesn't work, either."
Anja wrote:"A backup plan could be that if we can not take the assassin out in the sewer, to get your and Miss Bouchard's younger self to safety, taking them to Steelhaven or some other safe location and then go and hunt the man down."
Amadeus said.
"Or we could try the trickery with the illusions if we can not take the man out quickly and efficiently."
Colin pondered, "Using Faerie glamours... it is less of an added complexity in execution than making flesh-and-blood simulacra, and as a backup plan in case the assassin eludes execution in the sewer, it's not a bad one. I'd suggest we only resort to it if the assassin gets away, though. And even if he does get to the hospital, it should be possible to intercept him there; one can get all sorts of unusual and aggressive infections in hospitals, or a nurse might administer an analgesic the man turns out to have a fatal allergy to..."

Anja wrote:"Wave of Annoyance, an interesting name for a working."
Master Nassa commented with a chuckle.
"It might be worth the risk of detection to get more information to work with."
He smiled, "Our allies in the Common Room can attest to the appropriateness of the name."

Anja wrote:The gathered magi turned their attention to your notebook and looked from Colin to Adley wondering what the two planned to do and how.
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded. "Certainly." This time, he put his hand out when the circle was ready in the correct place, as he had learned from last time.
Anja wrote:The other mages still paid attention to what you and Colin was up to.
"Should I get a working to scry on this alternate timeline ready for when you two's spells is up?"
Ryan asked.
He nodded to Ryan and laid the notebook on the table between himself and Adley, pretty much repeating the working from earlier, except trying to render the errant timeline visible to everyone in the room, instead of just sharing his sight with Adley and Anna through the spell itself like last time.

((OOC: So, Arete rolls: 4,6,8 - 4,0,0 - 7,8,0... I think that should do the trick, to chase down the spell and reveal it to the room for a little while?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:29 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'It's been done. How are these folks for travelling?' she'll ask, lighting a cigarette, trying to remain alert.

Anja's Post:

Nicole wandered up to the Ratkin. 'Plans?' she'll ask, giving him a look.

[Hope you don't object running these in tandem to speed things up. If you do object, sorry...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:29 am

Colin pondered, "Using Faerie glamours... it is less of an added complexity in execution than making flesh-and-blood simulacra, and as a backup plan in case the assassin eludes execution in the sewer, it's not a bad one. I'd suggest we only resort to it if the assassin gets away, though. And even if he does get to the hospital, it should be possible to intercept him there; one can get all sorts of unusual and aggressive infections in hospitals, or a nurse might administer an analgesic the man turns out to have a fatal allergy to..."

"I can contact my friends then and ask their help in case we need it."
Mara said unusually clear.
"Two clear drops of light made ready and complete is better than one that might fall and shatter on the hard, tough shores."
Master Nassa looked at the Deaconess for a moment then he just nodded.
"Certainly things can happen in a hospital, very unfortunate things."

He smiled, "Our allies in the Common Room can attest to the appropriateness of the name."

"Oh I have no doubt Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said with a soft chuckle.

He nodded to Ryan and laid the notebook on the table between himself and Adley, pretty much repeating the working from earlier, except trying to render the errant timeline visible to everyone in the room, instead of just sharing his sight with Adley and Anna through the spell itself like last time.

Ryan put his headphones on to listen to music and go into an altered state of mine through that. Both George and Mara looked at the paper and started doing hand gestures and muttering in Latin.
"I can only find one disturbance that do not fit in the river of time in this timeline, one traveler though the entire timeline is wrong..."
Ryan said his voice a bit dull and his eyes unfocused and George nodded.
"I as well only find one."
The old mage replied and he pointed to the map.
"In this area."

[Abandoned Hospital]

'It's been done. How are these folks for travelling?' she'll ask, lighting a cigarette, trying to remain alert.

"They are fragile, very fragile, but I do not think they will loose their lives if moved and it is not safe to stay here."
Alicia replied with a frown.
"Their spinal fluids have been drained, allowed to regenerate and been drained again for the ones who have been her the longest, which is not good and then there are all the other injuries...you will have to be gentle with them."

Nicole wandered up to the Ratkin. 'Plans?' she'll ask, giving him a look.

"None realy, getting out of here, helping my folk, getting fucking drunk to try to forget what was done to me...I don't know."
The Ratkin replied with a shrug he just looked tired.

(OOC: No that is completely fine.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:34 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Good. I need you to take a look at a lab...' Nicole replied, planning to lead Alicia there.

Anja's Post:

'Plan is to transport them out first... you want to go with them?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next