Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 23 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Adley Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:36 pm

[Hobby Room]

"You mean like with an attack or something?" Richard asked sounding concerned.

"Hm...not an attack, directly. I believe someone is looking for him; someone or something powerful, is searching, and that stressed him. They may be using arcane links to him that are so innate that it would not come from the outside and be blocked, but the other way around, from the inside out," he said, as if he were not sure, talking it out to come to some potential conclusions. "And in trying to take this sense back, perhaps then it was blocked. Maybe that is what caused him to faint...if that is the case, the stress may come back and we should find a way to neutralize or discharge it." His brows met in consideration, as he performed a series of gestures and stood quietly assessing his hypothesis, looking for traces of what might have gotten through him from the inside out, and if it were blocked by his own spellwork he'd cast earlier. This was more finicky and as he made the technique sign for Intelligo, he shifted through three other gestures with his right hand, mentem for spiritual interference, and corporem - life, the body, in this case to sense the body, and vim.

"I do know who he is, I also are quite convinced that we will be as able to protect him in the Chantry infirmary where he can lie down in a warm bed, as we are with him tied to a chair in the hobby room."
Richard replied.

"Very well, then."
"I do, like I said I do not believe the kid will die from this, but he is exhausted and he needs proper rest, which he will not get down here tied up."
The Akashic replied.

He nodded. He began to gently disentangle Thomas and then reapply the bonds for him to carry him and lay him down on a bed later. He balanced the doctor's recommendation against what his pater had wanted, knowing that his sora could over rule them if she thought fit. But either way, having him checked for his health was likely to be allowed given the circumstances.

"I will do so at once Sir."
Andrew said and he pulled his phone out of his pocked to call Helena.

"Thank you."

//
S1: 3, 9, 8, 4
C1: 6, 1, 8, 4 (there isn't a discrete hand form for time, correspondence, entropy etc - this use is based in how 7 league stride is made, and makes sense contextually that he's looking for traces of something trying to perceive Thomas's 'body' through space
P1: 6, 1, 5, 6 (I think 5 squeaks by for a rank 1 spell unless the difficulty is higher than normal, so that would be a fail.

Adley

Back to top Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 23 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 am

[Hobby Room]

Hm...not an attack, directly. I believe someone is looking for him; someone or something powerful, is searching, and that stressed him. They may be using arcane links to him that are so innate that it would not come from the outside and be blocked, but the other way around, from the inside out," he said, as if he were not sure, talking it out to come to some potential conclusions. "And in trying to take this sense back, perhaps then it was blocked. Maybe that is what caused him to faint...if that is the case, the stress may come back and we should find a way to neutralize or discharge it." His brows met in consideration, as he performed a series of gestures and stood quietly assessing his hypothesis, looking for traces of what might have gotten through him from the inside out, and if it were blocked by his own spellwork he'd cast earlier. This was more finicky and as he made the technique sign for Intelligo, he shifted through three other gestures with his right hand, mentem for spiritual interference, and corporem - life, the body, in this case to sense the body, and vim.

You worked through the old Hermetic hand gestures, once these would have been used to cast 7 League Stride, they where complicated gestures that changed in quick succession and they required concentration of precision, it was not easy, but as you added the sign for Intelligo to tell your magic you wanted to see manipulation or examinations from afar you saw a sort of homing beacon built into Thomas spiritual make up, it was so much a part of the boy that since he was allowed inside of the wards it's activation was not discovered and stopped and it was likely that indeed it's activation was what was stressing him, someone had activated the homing signal, looking for the young willworker.

Richard nodded with a frown.
"That might be so, but if so what do we do with it Adley?"

He nodded. He began to gently disentangle Thomas and then reapply the bonds for him to carry him and lay him down on a bed later. He balanced the doctor's recommendation against what his pater had wanted, knowing that his sora could over rule them if she thought fit. But either way, having him checked for his health was likely to be allowed given the circumstances.

Thomas made a weak sound as you changed his bindings and lifted him but he did not wake up, not yet at least.

"Thank you."

"No problem Sir I am glad to help."
Andrew said politely.
"I hope Thomas will be okey."
He added as you begun carrying the young Technocrat out of the hobby room, he was not that heacy but even so carrying another person was a bit of a strain but you should be able to handle it okey.
"I can attach straps to the bed to keep him in place."
Richard said.
"If that will make you feel it is more secure."

(OOC: That works and nice use of Paradigm and foci.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:47 am

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms]

Adley wrote:He shrugged slightly. "From what I understand, it's fairly normal to feel that way for a while. But now I'm curious what you did expect me to be like. I haven't thought that way for what feels like several lifetimes."

"You know. The classic super smart prodigy character backstory." Serge said as if was supposed to be common knowledge. "Studious young boy with his nose in a book every waking moment of every single day. You didn't have any time to waste on anything that wasn't furthering your own knowledge. Eventually your overwhelming intelligence and curiosity lead you to discover the true nature of the world. And then BAM! Hemetic."

Anja wrote:"You might want to try young man if you wish to study the Sphere of Time."
The Deacon Primus said.
"It might be a way for you to tap into this part of reality. However you do not have to study the Sphere of Time unless that is something that personally interests you."
He added and Ryan chimed in.
"Though learning a bit of our Tradition's signature magick might not be a bad idea kid."
Colin wrote:Colin smiled wryly, "It was aimed at Mr. Yager, actually. Hum, an advantage for you using audiobooks, or even video clips, would be that you could use that to put others in the right narrative mindsets, as well as yourself. Play the right soliloquy as part of your manipulations could well help... soften the local Consensus, just a little."

"Another thing to add the growing list of future plans and magickal experiments. Guess I need some cool headphones now. Gotta have that proper aesthetic." Serge said simply, trying to imagine himself with large headphones to listen to audio books with.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin wrote:He grinned and let Serge in, following after, "We're here, Sweetie. And we'll be headed downstairs again once I let Mr. Yager in on my vacation plans."
He closed the door and looked around the room, making sure Anna could see Serge's reaction, "You see, Serge, I had to contact someone on a god-given mission tonight. It's a long story I'll not get into now, but I did challenge a rather famous man to a marksmanship contest when Anna and I are in Europe for Christmas. As a wager, I will present this specific gentleman a silver arrow. Can you guess who?"
Anja wrote:Anna sat at the kitchen table having a glass of milk when you entered your apartment. Richard had clearly left already for he was not there but Crexia was still present, she have you and Serge a slight nod of her head when she saw you. Anna smiled.
"Hi dad...hi Mr Yager."
The young apprentice said happily, she seamed to have perked back up with some rest, she she gave a bit of a grin and waited to see if Serge guessed right, eager to see his reaction.

Serge was a little confused as to why everyone present seem so fixated at him but it only increased his curiosity further. "Silver Arrow? Can't think of any famous werewolf hunters in Europe. Unless you somehow managed to meet Little Red Riding Hood's family." he said, chuckling to himself at that rather strange reference. "Can I ask for a hint? Am I close with that werewolf hunter thing? Cause that's the only thing I can think of when anyone says silver."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:14 am

S7trif3 wrote:"Is this the set up for the tailor joke? Because I know that one." He gave a small smile.
Colin paused for a second, then chuckled, "Oh, Eumenides? No, not by intent, but must commend you for thinking of that one."

Jeremy wrote:"Another thing to add the growing list of future plans and magickal experiments. Guess I need some cool headphones now. Gotta have that proper aesthetic." Serge said simply, trying to imagine himself with large headphones to listen to audio books with.
He grinned, "Or perhaps a nice, portable speaker, for crowd management?"

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:Anna sat at the kitchen table having a glass of milk when you entered your apartment. Richard had clearly left already for he was not there but Crexia was still present, she have you and Serge a slight nod of her head when she saw you. Anna smiled.
"Hi dad...hi Mr Yager."
The young apprentice said happily, she seamed to have perked back up with some rest, she she gave a bit of a grin and waited to see if Serge guessed right, eager to see his reaction.
Jeremy wrote:Serge was a little confused as to why everyone present seem so fixated at him but it only increased his curiosity further. "Silver Arrow? Can't think of any famous werewolf hunters in Europe. Unless you somehow managed to meet Little Red Riding Hood's family." he said, chuckling to himself at that rather strange reference. "Can I ask for a hint? Am I close with that werewolf hunter thing? Cause that's the only thing I can think of when anyone says silver."
He shook his head, "I fear you're barking up the wrong tree - the silver arrow is the prize; its value a large fraction of a king's ransom in its day. Try leaving Continental Europe, and look to England, when men were a merrier lot."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:19 am

"You know. The classic super smart prodigy character backstory." Serge said as if was supposed to be common knowledge. "Studious young boy with his nose in a book every waking moment of every single day. You didn't have any time to waste on anything that wasn't furthering your own knowledge. Eventually your overwhelming intelligence and curiosity lead you to discover the true nature of the world. And then BAM! Hemetic."

"Well not everything is the way they are in stories you know kid."
Ryan said with a chuckle.
"But do remember that your Cabalmate is a war mage and not a Bonisagus."

"Another thing to add the growing list of future plans and magickal experiments. Guess I need some cool headphones now. Gotta have that proper aesthetic." Serge said simply, trying to imagine himself with large headphones to listen to audio books with.

"Well you can always get a plain pair and paint them."
Your uncle suggested.
"You can drop by my room later I have several pairs I don't use anymore that still have good sound quality."

He grinned, "Or perhaps a nice, portable speaker, for crowd management?"

"That could work but would be far from subtle and likely to draw some irritated looks. But yes it could work in a pinch."
Ryan replied.

[Casa Wainwright]

Serge was a little confused as to why everyone present seem so fixated at him but it only increased his curiosity further. "Silver Arrow? Can't think of any famous werewolf hunters in Europe. Unless you somehow managed to meet Little Red Riding Hood's family." he said, chuckling to himself at that rather strange reference. "Can I ask for a hint? Am I close with that werewolf hunter thing? Cause that's the only thing I can think of when anyone says silver."

He shook his head, "I fear you're barking up the wrong tree - the silver arrow is the prize; its value a large fraction of a king's ransom in its day. Try leaving Continental Europe, and look to England, when men were a merrier lot."

Anna just chuckle as she looked at Serge and sipped her glass of milk waiting for his next guess.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:37 pm

[Master Steelhaven's rooms]

He smiled a bit. "Well, I did and do like to read. And I did well in school though I don't know if I could be called a prodigy. I was on the hockey team over winter, I learned my first languages in churches and home. It got me to college, and I excelled in what I was interested in, and that is likely when I got some attention. A combination of luck and skill, I suppose. Note that I'm in the House that needs the most recruits though, where I might have been mentored to a Bonisagus or Shaea. That is not an accident, either." He gave a tip of his head.

[Hobby Room]

Richard nodded with a frown.
"That might be so, but if so what do we do with it Adley?

His brows remained creased in concentration as he tried to discern more, then shook his head to Richard. "I believe I am correct, based on what I can see. Though it may not be the whole of the problem, some type of magick is attempting to send a signal back to somewhere or someone; it may be a part of him that was dormant and therefore could not be noticed beforehand." He gave the young man a concerned look. "The spell I used likely is protecting him but I don't know for sure if the signal is getting through or not. As for what to do, there was something I saw another do that may helpful. Using a sort of effigy by proxy to transfer the link, and then destroying the item and link. But this is powerful magick and tricky, given whom I think has created it. I do not want him to be harmed along with the link and it is deeply woven into him. I will consult the expert and bring him if I can, and we can see if it is possible and safe enough to try, or find another idea."

Thomas made a weak sound as you changed his bindings and lifted him but he did not wake up, not yet at least.

"It's alright, we're going to figure out what's wrong," he said, assuring him.

"No problem Sir I am glad to help."
Andrew said politely.
"I hope Thomas will be okey."

"Me too."

"I can attach straps to the bed to keep him in place."
Richard said.
"If that will make you feel it is more secure."

"It is my pater's direction to do so. Also, if he should become...over-ridden with whatever this signal is trying to do, it may be necessary. I don't like it, but we have to consider it. I will go find the Master Verbena as soon as we have settled him." He picked him up, as gently as he could.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 pm

[Hobby Room]

His brows remained creased in concentration as he tried to discern more, then shook his head to Richard. "I believe I am correct, based on what I can see. Though it may not be the whole of the problem, some type of magick is attempting to send a signal back to somewhere or someone; it may be a part of him that was dormant and therefore could not be noticed beforehand." He gave the young man a concerned look. "The spell I used likely is protecting him but I don't know for sure if the signal is getting through or not. As for what to do, there was something I saw another do that may helpful. Using a sort of effigy by proxy to transfer the link, and then destroying the item and link. But this is powerful magick and tricky, given whom I think has created it. I do not want him to be harmed along with the link and it is deeply woven into him. I will consult the expert and bring him if I can, and we can see if it is possible and safe enough to try, or find another idea."

"Is this trick you are talking about the one that was done with our Cabalmate and a cactus?"
Richard asked then he nodded.
"We are going to have to see how doing that will affect the kid but if there are some sort of magickal tracker in him we have to do something about it, I just hope we can find a way to do that which will not harm Mr Griffith."
Your Cabalmate said with a worried frown.

"It's alright, we're going to figure out what's wrong," he said, assuring him.

Thomas nodded but he was rather groggy so while he was now awake he just lay limp as you lifted him.

"Me too."

Andrew gave the young Void Engineer a worried look and nodded.

"It is my pater's direction to do so. Also, if he should become...over-ridden with whatever this signal is trying to do, it may be necessary. I don't like it, but we have to consider it. I will go find the Master Verbena as soon as we have settled him." He picked him up, as gently as he could.

"Well the medical restraints I have for the beds in the infirmary should be comfortable enough, the way his fingers are taped though look like it would get sore after a while, but I guess we have to follow the Chief's ruling on that."
Richard said as he led the way out of the basement. A few of the magi you met along the way glanced at you and the sick Technocrat but none tried to stop you. On the way up to the infirmary though you met Hildegard, she was carrying Cava on her arm and the little girl looked pale and ill.
"My head hurts Dr Lee."
The girl whimpered when she saw Richard. Your Cabalmate exchanged a look with you and nodded.
"Very well, Adeptus Majora, Adley let us get them into the infirmary first and see what we can do for them."
The Akashic said but he was clearly now a little concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:08 pm

[Hobby Room]

"Is this trick you are talking about the one that was done with our Cabalmate and a cactus?"
Richard asked then he nodded.

"Yes, that's correct."

"We are going to have to see how doing that will affect the kid but if there are some sort of magickal tracker in him we have to do something about it, I just hope we can find a way to do that which will not harm Mr Griffith."

"I believe that we can, but we need to be careful and a little clever."

Thomas nodded but he was rather groggy so while he was now awake he just lay limp as you lifted him.

"Just try to relax and we'll get you help."

"Well the medical restraints I have for the beds in the infirmary should be comfortable enough, the way his fingers are taped though look like it would get sore after a while, but I guess we have to follow the Chief's ruling on that."
Richard said as he led the way out of the basement.

"Yes, be sure to have his hands checked, periodically." He didn't engage anyone on his way upstairs, but noted that some people had seen them. There was not much to be done about it, for now.

"My head hurts Dr Lee." The girl whimpered when she saw Richard. Your Cabalmate exchanged a look with you and nodded.
"Very well, Adeptus Majora, Adley let us get them into the infirmary first and see what we can do for them."
The Akashic said but he was clearly now a little concerned.

He frowned back to Richard. "I should have thought of that, possibly happening..." At least Cava seemed still upright, for now. "Yes, let's figure out what is going on and stop it, so you feel better..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:55 am

Anja wrote:"Well not everything is the way they are in stories you know kid."
Ryan said with a chuckle.
"But do remember that your Cabalmate is a war mage and not a Bonisagus."
Adley wrote:He smiled a bit. "Well, I did and do like to read. And I did well in school though I don't know if I could be called a prodigy. I was on the hockey team over winter, I learned my first languages in churches and home. It got me to college, and I excelled in what I was interested in, and that is likely when I got some attention. A combination of luck and skill, I suppose. Note that I'm in the House that needs the most recruits though, where I might have been mentored to a Bonisagus or Shaea. That is not an accident, either." He gave a tip of his head.

"Looks like I got most of it right. Sort of. Though I didn't expect you to blindside me with that hockey thing. You didn't tell me you were secretly Canadian." Serge said with a chuckle. "All that's left to complete this origin story is secret supernatural occurrences  all around you that you missed at that age. Which I guess is what we're doing right now. "

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Or perhaps a nice, portable speaker, for crowd management?"
Anja wrote:"That could work but would be far from subtle and likely to draw some irritated looks. But yes it could work in a pinch."
Ryan replied.

"Ohhh, Imagine me carrying a giant boombox. Imagine how cool I'd look then." Serge said lifting his arm up to take hold of an imaginary boombox on his shoulder and making strange and bobbing his head to music that only he could hear.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin wrote:He shook his head, "I fear you're barking up the wrong tree - the silver arrow is the prize; its value a large fraction of a king's ransom in its day. Try leaving Continental Europe, and look to England, when men were a merrier lot."
Anja wrote:Anna just chuckle as she looked at Serge and sipped her glass of milk waiting for his next guess.

"You already said its not Santa. Who else is merrier than him." Serge said jokingly, tilting his head slightly as he brought together the clues that Colin had told. Serge was by no means unintelligent and eventually, as the gears turned in his head, a look of realization fell over him.

It came slowly at first, he turned his head towards the snickering duo who had been so keen on seeing his reaction, "Arrows, Marksmanship, Europe....and Merry....Men? Wait hold up...ARE YOU FACING ROBIN HOOD!" he exclaimed excitedly, his eyes widening in disbelief as he stared in shock at his cabal leader.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 am

"Looks like I got most of it right. Sort of. Though I didn't expect you to blindside me with that hockey thing. You didn't tell me you were secretly Canadian." Serge said with a chuckle. "All that's left to complete this origin story is secret supernatural occurrences all around you that you missed at that age. Which I guess is what we're doing right now. "

"It was a good reason to be able to carry around a big stick," he said, looking completely serious. "And, amazingly not only Canadians like hockey. The Bruins are really popular around here," he added and then he gave him a nod. "Yeah, I guess that's what's happening now. Retrospectively. I suppose I was secretly a lot of things, then."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:02 am

[Hobby Room]

"Yes, that's correct."

Richard nodded at that.
"Hopefully it will work for Mr Griffith as well."

"I believe that we can, but we need to be careful and a little clever."

Again Richard nodded.

"Just try to relax and we'll get you help."

Thomas nodded weakly at that.

"Yes, be sure to have his hands checked, periodically." He didn't engage anyone on his way upstairs, but noted that some people had seen them. There was not much to be done about it, for now.

"I will remember to do that."
Your Cabalmate agreed.

He frowned back to Richard. "I should have thought of that, possibly happening..." At least Cava seemed still upright, for now. "Yes, let's figure out what is going on and stop it, so you feel better..."

"Yes it do makes sense they are both affected."
The Akashic said with a frown.
"If you put Thomas down on the bed over there I will get the restraints and then examine Cava while you get the boy comfortable."
He said and he went to a cabinet to get a set of medical restraints that could be added to a bed, indicating one of the free bed, talking softly not to disturb Freddy, Bee and the young Nephanda prisoner who was still sleeping.

Cava looked at you and nodded.
"I do not like it when my head hurts Sir."
She commented as Hildegard put her down on one of the free beds, the Chorister looking rather worried.
"Perhaps I should contact Master Haagen and tell him that his apprentice is sick."
She commented.

"Ohhh, Imagine me carrying a giant boombox. Imagine how cool I'd look then." Serge said lifting his arm up to take hold of an imaginary boombox on his shoulder and making strange and bobbing his head to music that only he could hear.

"Actually kid, I have never found boom boxes even remotely cool, they are loud and obnoxious and push the music you want to listen to onto everyone else, that honestly is just rude."
Ryan commented.

[Casa Wainwright]

"You already said its not Santa. Who else is merrier than him." Serge said jokingly, tilting his head slightly as he brought together the clues that Colin had told. Serge was by no means unintelligent and eventually, as the gears turned in his head, a look of realization fell over him.

It came slowly at first, he turned his head towards the snickering duo who had been so keen on seeing his reaction, "Arrows, Marksmanship, Europe....and Merry....Men? Wait hold up...ARE YOU FACING ROBIN HOOD!" he exclaimed excitedly, his eyes widening in disbelief as he stared in shock at his cabal leader.

Anna sipped her milk again and chuckle with a twinkle in her eye but she said nothing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:07 am

Anja wrote:"That could work but would be far from subtle and likely to draw some irritated looks. But yes it could work in a pinch."
Ryan replied.
Jeremy wrote:"Ohhh, Imagine me carrying a giant boombox. Imagine how cool I'd look then." Serge said lifting his arm up to take hold of an imaginary boombox on his shoulder and making strange and bobbing his head to music that only he could hear.
Anja wrote:"Actually kid, I have never found boom boxes even remotely cool, they are loud and obnoxious and push the music you want to listen to onto everyone else, that honestly is just rude."
Ryan commented.
Colin grimaced softly, "Ah, yes, well, perhaps not a giant boombox... I believe those were 'cool' mainly in the eighties and nineties, not so much since..."

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:Anna just chuckle as she looked at Serge and sipped her glass of milk waiting for his next guess.
Jeremy wrote:"You already said its not Santa. Who else is merrier than him." Serge said jokingly, tilting his head slightly as he brought together the clues that Colin had told. Serge was by no means unintelligent and eventually, as the gears turned in his head, a look of realization fell over him.

Anja wrote:Anna sipped her milk again and chuckle with a twinkle in her eye but she said nothing.
He grinned, "Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly what a day. Yes, I've spoken with that very man tonight, in order to deny Wallace Jace some more resources... turns out it's not often he receives a friendly challenge of simple competitive nature. I don't, of course, expect to win against his superior experience with marksmanship, but that was hardly the point, either, hmm? I'll give you a few moments to calm down, as this is not something I would necessarily want excitedly spread over the entire city of Boston in a few minutes, but I thought you might appreciate knowing that some legends do indeed live on... forever."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:32 am

Colin grimaced softly, "Ah, yes, well, perhaps not a giant boombox... I believe those were 'cool' mainly in the eighties and nineties, not so much since..."

"I am not so sure they where ever that cool Mr Wainwright, stupid noise makers."
Ryan grumbled.
"But no they are a 90's thing, I remember them from when I was a kid but after that they went out of style."

[Casa Wainwright]

He grinned, "Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly what a day. Yes, I've spoken with that very man tonight, in order to deny Wallace Jace some more resources... turns out it's not often he receives a friendly challenge of simple competitive nature. I don't, of course, expect to win against his superior experience with marksmanship, but that was hardly the point, either, hmm? I'll give you a few moments to calm down, as this is not something I would necessarily want excitedly spread over the entire city of Boston in a few minutes, but I thought you might appreciate knowing that some legends do indeed live on... forever."

"I am sure you can win dad, you always win."
Anna said proudly.
"But yeah it is really cool. I wonder what Robin Hood is like."
She mushed.
"Unfortunately he is not a wer fox, for that would have been really fun."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:54 pm

[Hobby Room]

"If you put Thomas down on the bed over there I will get the restraints and then examine Cava while you get the boy comfortable."
He said and he went to a cabinet to get a set of medical restraints that could be added to a bed, indicating one of the free bed, talking softly not to disturb Freddy, Bee and the young Nephanda prisoner who was still sleeping.

He walked over and gently set Thomas down on it, maneuvering the blankets and pillows for comfort. He stood watching him in case something happened and so he wasn't alone, while Richard got everything ready he needed.

Cava looked at you and nodded.
"I do not like it when my head hurts Sir."
She commented as Hildegard put her down on one of the free beds, the Chorister looking rather worried.
"Perhaps I should contact Master Haagen and tell him that his apprentice is sick."
She commented.

"I know, I'm sorry you don't feel well," he said to Cava. To Hildegaard, he replied, "That's probably a good idea. I also will be fetching help, momentarily."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:06 pm

[Infirmary]

Richard went to fetch a set of padded restraints that he attatched to the bed and then gently stapped Thomas down. The Void Engineer seamed out of it but he was walking up now.
"Where...where am I? My head is killing me!"
He groaned.

Cava nodded.
"Okey Mr Roth Hicks."
The little girl said clearly not feeling well.
"Who is the boy?"
She asked glancing at Thomas. Hildegard sushed the child then she nodded.
"Yes please do Mr Roth Hicks."
The Chorister replied she was clearly worried about Cava.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:35 pm

[Infirmary]

The Void Engineer seamed out of it but he was walking up now.
"Where...where am I? My head is killing me!"
He groaned.

"Easy there. You are with a doctor, as you fainted suddenly. We think someone or something attempted to locate you in an unanticipated manner and this stressed you. We are going to get help to remedy it."

Okey Mr Roth Hicks."
The little girl said clearly not feeling well.
"Who is the boy?"
She asked glancing at Thomas. Hildegard sushed the child then she nodded.
"Yes please do Mr Roth Hicks."
The Chorister replied she was clearly worried about Cava.

"He will need to give permission for her at any rate, for assistance."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:42 pm

[Infirmary]

"I remember telling Andrew I was feeling unwell then all went black, I....someone was trying to locate me? Shit, is it that asshole ghost?"
Thomas asked looking rather nervous.
"Did he find that I am here?"

Hildegard nodded and she pulled out her phone and called Darrian. Richard looked at you.
"I can care for them now if you wanted to get some Aud for them Adley."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:11 am

Adley wrote:"It was a good reason to be able to carry around a big stick," he said, looking completely serious. "And, amazingly not only Canadians like hockey. The Bruins are really popular around here," he added and then he gave him a nod. "Yeah, I guess that's what's happening now. Retrospectively. I suppose I was secretly a lot of things, then."

"Oooh more secrets. Ahhh, but we need to save some stuff for the future." Serge said jokingly with a chuckle.

Anja wrote:"Actually kid, I have never found boom boxes even remotely cool, they are loud and obnoxious and push the music you want to listen to onto everyone else, that honestly is just rude."
Ryan commented.
Colin wrote:Colin grimaced softly, "Ah, yes, well, perhaps not a giant boombox... I believe those were 'cool' mainly in the eighties and nineties, not so much since..."
Anja wrote:"I am not so sure they where ever that cool Mr Wainwright, stupid noise makers."
Ryan grumbled.
"But no they are a 90's thing, I remember them from when I was a kid but after that they went out of style."

"Yeah but the A E S T H E T I C." Serge said, pronouncing each syllable slowly for further emphasis. "The sheer confidence you need to pull that off. Which I do not have so I don't think you guys need to worry too much. Those giant headphones have there own style anyway. I like the sound of DJ Serge."

[Casa Wainwright]

Anja wrote:Anna sipped her milk again and chuckle with a twinkle in her eye but she said nothing.
Colin wrote:He grinned, "Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly what a day. Yes, I've spoken with that very man tonight, in order to deny Wallace Jace some more resources... turns out it's not often he receives a friendly challenge of simple competitive nature. I don't, of course, expect to win against his superior experience with marksmanship, but that was hardly the point, either, hmm? I'll give you a few moments to calm down, as this is not something I would necessarily want excitedly spread over the entire city of Boston in a few minutes, but I thought you might appreciate knowing that some legends do indeed live on... forever."
Anja wrote:"I am sure you can win dad, you always win."
Anna said proudly.
She mushed.

"Of course he's real. Everything's real. But to actually meet him! This is Robin Hood here. Prince of Thieves. This is one of the greats. The originals. A story which birthed thousands more. A story seared so deep in everyone mind that its essentially ever present within the backdrop of reality!" Serge said excitedly, showing no signs of calming down in the slightest. "And don't give me that underestimating stuff. Do you realize what you've stumbled into. The perfect narrative scenario to beat Robin Hood. The plucky but tenacious underdog going up against a pro. This is a golden opportunity we have here."

"OK ok ok okokokok. Here's what we do alright. You gonna go to that competition. Your gonna make him go first all right? You following me here? Then.....your gonna go second. At the peak narrative moment, when the background music goes silent and the air is tense. Your gonna fire your arrow.....and split his right down the middle!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:41 am

"Yeah but the A E S T H E T I C." Serge said, pronouncing each syllable slowly for further emphasis. "The sheer confidence you need to pull that off. Which I do not have so I don't think you guys need to worry too much. Those giant headphones have there own style anyway. I like the sound of DJ Serge."

"Well if you just carry it around as a decoration that is fine I guess if you feel like it. I have never found a boom box to be a good look, I just see someone stuck in the 90's who like to not care about others and be a pain in the butt."
Your uncle said.
"But some giant headphones...I have a few of those, you can have a pair."

[Casa Wainwright]

"Of course he's real. Everything's real. But to actually meet him! This is Robin Hood here. Prince of Thieves. This is one of the greats. The originals. A story which birthed thousands more. A story seared so deep in everyone mind that its essentially ever present within the backdrop of reality!" Serge said excitedly, showing no signs of calming down in the slightest. "And don't give me that underestimating stuff. Do you realize what you've stumbled into. The perfect narrative scenario to beat Robin Hood. The plucky but tenacious underdog going up against a pro. This is a golden opportunity we have here."

"Well my Mentor is a good shot."
Anna agreed as she finished her glass of milk.
"It is not a common occurrence young Mr Yager that someone less skilled beat someone more skilled, not at a streight up contest, where the underdog have a chance is in situations where they can use another skill, like cunning, in order to compensate for their own lack of skill."
Crexia said from where she had been sitting in a chair unnoticed for now.
"But remember that this man have had many centuries to hone his skills, it is not likely that Mr Wainwright will be able to beat that, not unless he is a situation where he can also use his cunning to manipulate the contest to his own benefit."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:10 am

Anja wrote:"I am not so sure they where ever that cool Mr Wainwright, stupid noise makers."
Ryan grumbled.
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah but the A E S T H E T I C." Serge said, pronouncing each syllable slowly for further emphasis. "The sheer confidence you need to pull that off. Which I do not have so I don't think you guys need to worry too much. Those giant headphones have there own style anyway. I like the sound of DJ Serge."
Anja wrote:"Well if you just carry it around as a decoration that is fine I guess if you feel like it. I have never found a boom box to be a good look, I just see someone stuck in the 90's who like to not care about others and be a pain in the butt."
Your uncle said.
"But some giant headphones...I have a few of those, you can have a pair."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "A boombox would probably be the wrong aesthetic for putting on a reading for people, anyway. A more modest, more easily portable speaker would be better suited for, say, plugging in your phone and playing a suitably dramatic chapter of a book to subtly suggest to people that people can do impressive things, for example. Then again, you can probably work out more practical means of crowd manipulation, too."

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"I am sure you can win dad, you always win."
Anna said proudly.
She mushed.
Jeremy wrote:"Of course he's real. Everything's real. But to actually meet him! This is Robin Hood here. Prince of Thieves. This is one of the greats. The originals. A story which birthed thousands more. A story seared so deep in everyone mind that its essentially ever present within the backdrop of reality!" Serge said excitedly, showing no signs of calming down in the slightest. "And don't give me that underestimating stuff. Do you realize what you've stumbled into. The perfect narrative scenario to beat Robin Hood. The plucky but tenacious underdog going up against a pro. This is a golden opportunity we have here."

"OK ok ok okokokok. Here's what we do alright. You gonna go to that competition. Your gonna make him go first all right? You following me here? Then.....your gonna go second. At the peak narrative moment, when the background music goes silent and the air is tense. Your gonna fire your arrow.....and split his right down the middle!"
Anja wrote:"Well my Mentor is a good shot."
Anna agreed as she finished her glass of milk.
"It is not a common occurrence young Mr Yager that someone less skilled beat someone more skilled, not at a streight up contest, where the underdog have a chance is in situations where they can use another skill, like cunning, in order to compensate for their own lack of skill."
Crexia said from where she had been sitting in a chair unnoticed for now.
"But remember that this man have had many centuries to hone his skills, it is not likely that Mr Wainwright will be able to beat that, not unless he is a situation where he can also use his cunning to manipulate the contest to his own benefit."
He chuckled, "If he were a werefox, I'm afraid he'd be long since dead - I got the distinct impression from the one I met earlier that they don't live that much longer than humans, especially not to the tune of eight hundred years... I could ask him what he thinks of the Disney movie, though."
He shook his head, "And of course I realise what I have found - Robin Hood and the Merry Men of Sherwood make up one of the major cultural backdrops of England, about on par with the Arthurian legends. And no, this will not be the plucky underdog stealing the show and splitting Robin Hood's arrow; it will be a simple contest using handguns. And there will be no magical deceit - we agreed upon a pure contest of mundane skill, not magic or anything of the sort."
He pondered for a few moments, "Handgun accuracy is a lot different from longbow accuracy, though, and he would have had to re-learn much of his marksmanship skills for every major advance in firearms development... I might have as much as a one in ten chance at besting him, but honestly, I don't think I will. I'll most certainly try my best - anything less would be contemptuous - but one should never expect to win when challenging a centuries-old legend on their home turf, even if it's a friendly, purely competitive challenge... I don't think he gets many of those, you know."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:25 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "A boombox would probably be the wrong aesthetic for putting on a reading for people, anyway. A more modest, more easily portable speaker would be better suited for, say, plugging in your phone and playing a suitably dramatic chapter of a book to subtly suggest to people that people can do impressive things, for example. Then again, you can probably work out more practical means of crowd manipulation, too."

"I would agree with that and it would also be much more subtle and easier to pass under the radar."
Ryan agreed with a nod.

[Casa Wainwright]

He chuckled, "If he were a werefox, I'm afraid he'd be long since dead - I got the distinct impression from the one I met earlier that they don't live that much longer than humans, especially not to the tune of eight hundred years... I could ask him what he thinks of the Disney movie, though."

"I guess so, Dino says that he can live to see 120 or 130 if he is lucky but that is less to do with aging slower and more to do with a shapeshifter healing illnesses that would weaken or kill most humans, he says there is a ancient lady member of his pack who are pushing 140, she used to be the pack leader but now she is an advisor."
Anna agreed with a nod.
"But yeah ask him...I am sure he would be cute as a fox."

He shook his head, "And of course I realise what I have found - Robin Hood and the Merry Men of Sherwood make up one of the major cultural backdrops of England, about on par with the Arthurian legends. And no, this will not be the plucky underdog stealing the show and splitting Robin Hood's arrow; it will be a simple contest using handguns. And there will be no magical deceit - we agreed upon a pure contest of mundane skill, not magic or anything of the sort."
He pondered for a few moments, "Handgun accuracy is a lot different from longbow accuracy, though, and he would have had to re-learn much of his marksmanship skills for every major advance in firearms development... I might have as much as a one in ten chance at besting him, but honestly, I don't think I will. I'll most certainly try my best - anything less would be contemptuous - but one should never expect to win when challenging a centuries-old legend on their home turf, even if it's a friendly, purely competitive challenge... I don't think he gets many of those, you know."

"I would agree with that Mr Wainwright, using a handgun is quite different from using a bow and arrow, and at times having the chance to compete is a honor in itself.."
Crexia said with a nod.
"But I have learned not to underestimate you my good man so you have a chance even if it is not a good chance."
The archmage commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:33 pm

"Oooh more secrets. Ahhh, but we need to save some stuff for the future." Serge said jokingly with a chuckle.

He gave him a wan smile. "Well, I think you probably will know some in time. Besides, now I'm secretly other things. Professor by day, and magus by night and all that," he said wryly, knowing it was hardly that divided.

[Infirmary]

"I remember telling Andrew I was feeling unwell then all went black, I....someone was trying to locate me? Shit, is it that asshole ghost?"
Thomas asked looking rather nervous.
"Did he find that I am here?"

"Yes, then a doctor was called and we brought you here. And yes, that is what I think is happening, he or someone on their behalf is likely. Though I am not sure if they were successful, my guess is not, and that might be why you have a headache. Are there other symptoms? I'm going to get some help and we will take care of this, okay?"

Richard looked at you.
"I can care for them now if you wanted to get some Aud for them Adley."

He nodded. "I will be back shortly," he said, and hurried to find Amadeus, who he thought was still in the Primus's apartments.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:50 pm

[Master Steelhaven s Rooms]

"Oh I would think you are both a teacher and a magus at all times young man."
George said with a warm smile.

[Infirmary]

"No I have a killer headache, my guts are a little upset and I feel so tired, like when I have pulled an all nighter or I have binge watched a show for way to long."
Thomas said weakly.
"I just do not want to be found by Casper the Unfriendly Ghost you said that would be really bad."

[Master Steelhavens Rooms Again]

Hildegard nodded as you left she was still on the phone with Darrian. You got back to the Primus's rooms. George opened the door as the young war mage came knocking.
"Sodalis please come in."
He said moving out of the way to let you pass. You saw Amadeus sitting in the sofa drinking tea, so yes the Master Verbena was there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:34 pm

[Infirmary]

"No I have a killer headache, my guts are a little upset and I feel so tired, like when I have pulled an all nighter or I have binge watched a show for way to long."
Thomas said weakly.
"I just do not want to be found by Casper the Unfriendly Ghost you said that would be really bad."

"It would not be good, no. It's what we're trying to prevent and we're going to do what we can do to keep you safe."

"Sodalis please come in."
He said moving out of the way to let you pass. You saw Amadeus sitting in the sofa drinking tea,

"Sirs, we have a problem," he prefaced. He quickly wrote: 'The alchemist's daughter and our void engineer guest are experiencing headaches and distress that stem from a tracker that was activated from within their own bodies. My guess is it was completely dormant and so we did not find anything before. We had cast a complicated spell on each of them to protect them from being possessed and tampered with by you know who. I believe this tracker is active now and causing them distress, perhaps by rebounding against the protection spells but I am not sure if it has made contact or not. In either case, we need to know if it did indeed succeed in contacting the one who set off the tracker and to stop it from trying to transmit, and relieve their distress. I thought we could try to transfer the link to a proxy, and deal with the arcane links that are likely involved. This may very difficult though as it seems to be a part of their pattern.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:34 pm

[Infirmary]

"It would not be good, no. It's what we're trying to prevent and we're going to do what we can do to keep you safe."

Thomas nodded weakly at that again then he groaned. Richard came over to check on the kid.
"Well I should run some tests Adley just to be sure."
The doctor said.
"Perhaps give him something for the headache."

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms Again]

Sirs, we have a problem," he prefaced. He quickly wrote:

The gathered magi looked a bit concerned over this.

He quickly wrote: 'The alchemist's daughter and our void engineer guest are experiencing headaches and distress that stem from a tracker that was activated from within their own bodies. My guess is it was completely dormant and so we did not find anything before. We had cast a complicated spell on each of them to protect them from being possessed and tampered with by you know who. I believe this tracker is active now and causing them distress, perhaps by rebounding against the protection spells but I am not sure if it has made contact or not. In either case, we need to know if it did indeed succeed in contacting the one who set off the tracker and to stop it from trying to transmit, and relieve their distress. I thought we could try to transfer the link to a proxy, and deal with the arcane links that are likely involved. This may very difficult though as it seems to be a part of their pattern.'

Amadeus and George read what you had written and the Master Verbena nodded.
"You are thinking of the same spell that I worked on my apprentice?"
He asked.
"That is worth trying, I can also see if I find out if the signal have reached the outside or not."
He offered. George nodded.
"The gentlemen you should go and do that, it is a matter of some urgency after all, and I will see what help I can offer if this proxy do not work or if the signal you speak of have gotten past our wards."
The Primus commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next