Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 22 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:18 am

[Master Steelhaven's Room]

Colin smiled wryly and nodded, "Well, I suppose you are a little strung out from time to time, though... Of course, I'm quite certain knitting with time would cause some consternation in Wrinkle's household, in a manner of speaking. Then again, learning how to patch over any damage one might accidentally do to the timeline would probably not go amiss... might even lessen the bite of the Scourge."

"Learning how to repair damage to time can be as important to learn as to learn how to close the portal behind you when you enter the Umbra."
George said.
"So that we leave as little damage to the world as possible when we work our magick."

He nodded, "They're something of a nuisance to deal with, yes. Not impossible to stop, but certainly troublesome... Hum, were they much of a problem on a daily basis back then?"

"Back in 2003, yes it was as common to run into HIT-Marks then as it is now, though HIT-Mark 6 was seldom seen it was the fifth model that was common."
The Deacon Primus replied.

"I used to love doing that as kid." Serge commented, a smile on his face as he remembered a long forgotten childhood habit. "When I began a book I used to skip right to and read the last page. Then as a read through the book I loved to notice the little things that lead to that ending."

"Well as long as it is a way to read that you enjoy Mr Yager and yes, just like a book, where everything is written already and bound between the covers, but we discover the content little by little, the same we can say about time, it is all there, all have happened but our minds focus on one page at the time."
George replied and Ryan nodded.
"Yeah very much so Sir."
He commented to the Primus.

Hopefully she gets here soon. We have a lot to explain to her." Serge said with a nod.

George nodded at that.
"Indeed there is allot to explain to your Cabalmate when she gets back."

"Yeah. I can do this." Serge said with a nod , visibly getting more confident as the Primus showed approval to his explanation. "I'll do my Tradition proud. Guiding people through strange mental states is in our portfolio."

"Excellent then I believe we have all of the core parts of our plan discussed."
George said with a nod.
"And I believe it will be more comfortable for your Cabalmates to have someone they know guide them through this than someone with whom they are not as familiar."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 22 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Adley Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:28 am

[Master Steelhaven's rooms]

"Oh that'd be sick! I'd be down for that. As long as you don't assign homework." Serge said with a smile, clearly enthralled with that idea and perhaps forgetting his relationship with University teaching. "What do you want to teach me? Actually...don't tell me. Let's keep it a secret."

He seemed surprised by his sudden enthusiasm, then smiled. "Well, I often do assign homework if it is appropriate. It depends what is being taught, and how. Though if you want it to be a surprise, that might make it harder. I'm sure I can find something hands on though, if that is what you prefer. We can talk more later."

As Serge detailed the face, Adley would recognize the man as the younger version of himself...sort of. It was clear that was what Serge was attempting to depict though it didn't look exactly how Adley would've appeared in the past. Serge was trying to guess how Adley had appeared in his college years with the only reference material being the flambeau's current appearance.

He studied the image a moment and then suggested, "Hmm...not bad."

"I used to love doing that as kid." Serge commented, a smile on his face as he remembered a long forgotten childhood habit. "When I began a book I used to skip right to and read the last page. Then as a read through the book I loved to notice the little things that lead to that ending."

"I never did that. Though I have read stories of things where I knew generally how it would turn out."

Colin smiled wryly and nodded, "Well, I suppose you are a little strung out from time to time, though... Of course, I'm quite certain knitting with time would cause some consternation in Wrinkle's household, in a manner of speaking. Then again, learning how to patch over any damage one might accidentally do to the timeline would probably not go amiss... might even lessen the bite of the Scourge."

"It's been a rough year. I'll leave darning time holes to you and the experts, I think."

[Narim's Room]

"I will my friend, I am not to proud to ask for help if I need it, and yes I do hope that the time when I will need to be given the Good Death is a look ways of yet, I am not afraid to die, I already have seen the other side but I have friends and loved ones I would want to spend more time with and I do enjoy living."
Adjan said, still sounding a bit sad.
"Ah but don't let me put my burdens on you at this moment when you have to focus on surviving yourself."
He added in a serious tone of voice.

"You are never a burden."

The Virtual Adept gave you a warm smile.
"Yes...perhaps so. I do not really remember much from my former lives, but I can imagine waiting for you, until I found you and now that I have I will be damned if I let the Nephandi harm you!"
He declared.
"They just can't have you as you are my precious one."
Narim said and he touched your hand gently for a moment.
"Well I should not keep you my love."

"Yes, you should keep me," he said, with a grin. "But at the same time, we've got to do this thing, so I'll see you later."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:03 am

[George's Rooms]

"I never did that. Though I have read stories of things where I knew generally how it would turn out."

"And perhaps that Sodalis would be a good analogy of divination and intuition."
George said with an amused grin.

[Narim's Room]

"You are never a burden."

"Thank you my friend."
Adjan said warmly.

"Yes, you should keep me," he said, with a grin. "But at the same time, we've got to do this thing, so I'll see you later."

"Just promise me that when all is said and done, this time shennanigans are sorted out, and Wallace Jace and the Labyrinth are dealt with...I will get to just sit beside you for a few hours, just resting by your side for a few hours of peace."
Narim said as he let go of your hand.
"Yes you should go and sort this whole thing out my love, go be the hero you are meant to be.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:51 am

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms]
Anja wrote:"Learning how to repair damage to time can be as important to learn as to learn how to close the portal behind you when you enter the Umbra."
George said.
"So that we leave as little damage to the world as possible when we work our magick."
S7trif3 wrote:"It's been a rough year. I'll leave darning time holes to you and the experts, I think."
Colin smiled wryly, "Alas, Wrinkle was not willing or able to suggest a good teacher to me for that purpose. He warned me about overstepping myself, of course, as befits someone in his position, but he did agree that knowing how to reduce the damage to the timeline is better than not knowing how to do it - though of course, he would prefer if no-one ever did anything that might cause damage to the timeline in the first place. I don't think knitting needles would be much good for doing any such mending, though... Lady Crexia's embroidering skills might be better suited."

Anja wrote:"Back in 2003, yes it was as common to run into HIT-Marks then as it is now, though HIT-Mark 6 was seldom seen it was the fifth model that was common."
He nodded, "So not an unreasonably likely risk, then, but a risk all the same. Well, they still have the weak spot in the eyes, but they're also still people, so... best avoid any altercation in any case."

Jeremy wrote:"I used to love doing that as kid." Serge commented, a smile on his face as he remembered a long forgotten childhood habit. "When I began a book I used to skip right to and read the last page. Then as a read through the book I loved to notice the little things that lead to that ending."
S7trif3 wrote:"I never did that. Though I have read stories of things where I knew generally how it would turn out."
Anja wrote:"And perhaps that Sodalis would be a good analogy of divination and intuition."
George said with an amused grin.
He pondered for a moment, "I wonder, now, how much of prophecy over the millennia has involved magic, and how much has been mere mundane pattern recognition? I find the latter remarkably potent in seeing how things will likely end up - there's more truth in narrative tropes than most people perhaps realise - though a little bit of magic to gain greater clarity, or even nudge things in the right direction, is stronger still."

Jeremy wrote:"Sure thing. It's gonna be a while before I need to do mind guiding." Serge said with a nod, following behind his cabal leader while wondering what it was the Colin wanted to tell him.
Anja wrote:"Excellent then I believe we have all of the core parts of our plan discussed."
George said with a nod.
"And I believe it will be more comfortable for your Cabalmates to have someone they know guide them through this than someone with whom they are not as familiar."
He smiled and led Serge out, typing out a quick message to Anna as they left the room, 'I have a few minutes, Sweetie, where are you right now?'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:17 am

Colin smiled wryly, "Alas, Wrinkle was not willing or able to suggest a good teacher to me for that purpose. He warned me about overstepping myself, of course, as befits someone in his position, but he did agree that knowing how to reduce the damage to the timeline is better than not knowing how to do it - though of course, he would prefer if no-one ever did anything that might cause damage to the timeline in the first place. I don't think knitting needles would be much good for doing any such mending, though... Lady Crexia's embroidering skills might be better suited."

"I suspect that Wrinkle would not want to teach someone how to easier affect the timeline in any way but yes I agree knowing how to undo the damage time manipulation causes are better than not knowing it."
George said with a nod.
"As yes Lady Crexia's skill at embroidery, it would not surprise me if she could sew wounds in reality back up, it would not surprise me at all."
The old Hermetic said with a chuckle.

He nodded, "So not an unreasonably likely risk, then, but a risk all the same. Well, they still have the weak spot in the eyes, but they're also still people, so... best avoid any altercation in any case."

"There is a chance that the Technocracy will notice that the timeline are being altered and that they will send someone to investigate, but hopefully we will be able to avoid Union interference in this."
George replied.
"And yes it is possible to deal with HIT-Marks, and going for the eyes are your best bet and yes the poor souls are still human, deep down."

He pondered for a moment, "I wonder, now, how much of prophecy over the millennia has involved magic, and how much has been mere mundane pattern recognition? I find the latter remarkably potent in seeing how things will likely end up - there's more truth in narrative tropes than most people perhaps realise - though a little bit of magic to gain greater clarity, or even nudge things in the right direction, is stronger still."

"I do suspect it might be a bit of both Mr Wainwright."
George replied.
"And remember what we call magick is not neatly contained in a little cup, magick have become a word for things that mundane society do not understand, but all willed acts are willworking, they all affect ourselves and the world around us, so the distinction really is not that important I think, the important part is that it is possible though several means to get a glimpse of the future, so that one can know how to act to get the best possible outcome."

He smiled and led Serge out, typing out a quick message to Anna as they left the room, 'I have a few minutes, Sweetie, where are you right now?'

You got a reply back from Anna which said.
"I am at home, Dr Lee have checked me out he says I am ok to go to the Labyrinth if I can be teleported out if I get to tired. I am set to head downstairs with Lady Crexia as soon as Dr Lee have left.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:35 am

Anja wrote:"I suspect that Wrinkle would not want to teach someone how to easier affect the timeline in any way but yes I agree knowing how to undo the damage time manipulation causes are better than not knowing it."
George said with a nod.
"As yes Lady Crexia's skill at embroidery, it would not surprise me if she could sew wounds in reality back up, it would not surprise me at all."
The old Hermetic said with a chuckle.
Colin smiled wryly, "One might think he'd be inclined toward people at least making an effort to give him less work, but... well, I suppose he at least feels he can count on us to counter the damage the Fallen are trying to do. The difference between people who would poke a hole and try to patch around it, and people who would burn a hole and let the frayed, exposed ends whip around and snag other things that would cause more damage, or something like that..."

Anja wrote:"I do suspect it might be a bit of both Mr Wainwright."
George replied.
"And remember what we call magick is not neatly contained in a little cup, magick have become a word for things that mundane society do not understand, but all willed acts are willworking, they all affect ourselves and the world around us, so the distinction really is not that important I think, the important part is that it is possible though several means to get a glimpse of the future, so that one can know how to act to get the best possible outcome."
He nodded, "I was more thinking of how large a share of historical predictions have been done by Sleepers, as opposed to how much has been done by Willworkers, whether Awakened or Linear... And then, of course, there would be prophecies by other supernaturals, as well. But that's really just a minor academic curiosity."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Anna which said.
"I am at home, Dr Lee have checked me out he says I am ok to go to the Labyrinth if I can be teleported out if I get to tired. I am set to head downstairs with Lady Crexia as soon as Dr Lee have left.
He grinned and replied, 'Please wait for a moment, then, I'm bringing Mr. Yager so we can tell him what I'll be doing for Christmas.'
He turned to Serge with a smirk, "Alright, my apartment it is, for now... I've got a surprise, and I'm sure you'll be enthusiastic to hear."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:49 am

Colin smiled wryly, "One might think he'd be inclined toward people at least making an effort to give him less work, but... well, I suppose he at least feels he can count on us to counter the damage the Fallen are trying to do. The difference between people who would poke a hole and try to patch around it, and people who would burn a hole and let the frayed, exposed ends whip around and snag other things that would cause more damage, or something like that..."

"I could not begin to guess what a Paradox Spirit thinks or why he do what he do, perhaps he simply was not allowed to give you such advice Mr Wainwright but yes it seams he trusts us to stop the Fallen from having their way with the timeline and to repair what damage is being done as well as we can."

He nodded, "I was more thinking of how large a share of historical predictions have been done by Sleepers, as opposed to how much has been done by Willworkers, whether Awakened or Linear... And then, of course, there would be prophecies by other supernaturals, as well. But that's really just a minor academic curiosity."

"Historical predictions have mostly been done by mystics and other Awakened beings, but every day predictions that is another matter."
George said.
"And one we can only guess at."

He grinned and replied, 'Please wait for a moment, then, I'm bringing Mr. Yager so we can tell him what I'll be doing for Christmas.'
He turned to Serge with a smirk, "Alright, my apartment it is, for now... I've got a surprise, and I'm sure you'll be enthusiastic to hear."

You got a reply back from Anna which said.
"Hehe I can't miss this I will be waiting."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Adley wrote:He seemed surprised by his sudden enthusiasm, then smiled. "Well, I often do assign homework if it is appropriate. It depends what is being taught, and how. Though if you want it to be a surprise, that might make it harder. I'm sure I can find something hands on though, if that is what you prefer. We can talk more later."

"I look forward to it." Serge said with a nod.

Adley wrote:He studied the image a moment and then suggested, "Hmm...not bad."

"Thanks. Doing this with zero reference material is freakishly difficult. De-aging people realistically is one of the craziest things to do in visual effects." Serge said with a sigh, "But I want to try and get it without any actual reference. I keep saying that you and the person you once were are the same person. Then I should be able to draw kid Adley just using your own face as a guide. Well that and your description of who you once were."

Colin wrote:He pondered for a moment, "I wonder, now, how much of prophecy over the millennia has involved magic, and how much has been mere mundane pattern recognition? I find the latter remarkably potent in seeing how things will likely end up - there's more truth in narrative tropes than most people perhaps realise - though a little bit of magic to gain greater clarity, or even nudge things in the right direction, is stronger still."

"Hey! Don't give out my secrets." Serge said with a sly grin, amused with the fact that his Cabal Leader nearly word for word said his own personal magickal paradigm. "Glad someone agrees with me though. Though I haven't managed to figure out time magick which is kinda sad. Predicting the course of a story based on previous tropes should be my thing. You'd think I'd get it pretty quickly."

Colin wrote:He grinned and replied, 'Please wait for a moment, then, I'm bringing Mr. Yager so we can tell him what I'll be doing for Christmas.'

"Is it the goblin? God I hope its the goblin." Serge mused as he followed his cabal leader to his room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:18 pm

[George's Rooms]

"Something with a finer point."

I look forward to it." Serge said with a nod.

"So do I. But first we have rather a lot of problems to tackle first."

"Thanks. Doing this with zero reference material is freakishly difficult. De-aging people realistically is one of the craziest things to do in visual effects." Serge said with a sigh, "But I want to try and get it without any actual reference. I keep saying that you and the person you once were are the same person. Then I should be able to draw kid Adley just using your own face as a guide. Well that and your description of who you once were."

"Then I can provide a bit of assistance. Younger than the person in your picture, rounder features and softer. I wasn't in as good shape as I am now. I was clean shaven most of my time in school, relatively. And my hair was kept longer, more out of it always needing a trim than any style choice. I didn't really care about fashion then either. Personality wise, I would say...angrier, in a quiet way? I was a teenager and I can't say that I enjoyed it much."

"Thank you both."

[Narim's Room]

"Just promise me that when all is said and done, this time shennanigans are sorted out, and Wallace Jace and the Labyrinth are dealt with...I will get to just sit beside you for a few hours, just resting by your side for a few hours of peace." Narim said as he let go of your hand.
"Yes you should go and sort this whole thing out my love, go be the hero you are meant to be.

"I hope so. I can't promise anything though, since it's not all up to me, but if I have a say so then I would like that."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm

"Hey! Don't give out my secrets." Serge said with a sly grin, amused with the fact that his Cabal Leader nearly word for word said his own personal magickal paradigm. "Glad someone agrees with me though. Though I haven't managed to figure out time magick which is kinda sad. Predicting the course of a story based on previous tropes should be my thing. You'd think I'd get it pretty quickly."

"Well as much as stories mean to you kid, what if you try to use that as a focus for understanding Time then? Predicting tropes. I mean I use trances brought on by listening to music but that will not work for everyone, and while I might not agree with your world view it is your own and tropes then sounds like a way that would work with you to interact and understand the world by."
Ryan suggested.

[Narim's Room]

"I hope so. I can't promise anything though, since it's not all up to me, but if I have a say so then I would like that."

Narim nodded.
"Well we can do what we can to make it happen."
He said.

At this point you got a text message from Andrew it said.
"Mr RH, Thomas started not feeling well, I do not know what is wrong. I sent a message to Dr Lee just to be sure, it might just be all the stress of the day catching up to him but I thought you might want to be informed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:52 pm

[Narim's room]

"This time I'm not the 'hero' I'm the person that needs rescuing," he said with a tilt of his head. Then he checked his messages and frowned. "Ah...hm, excuse me I should attend to this." He gave Narim a quick kiss and then hurried downstairs to the hobby room.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:13 pm

[Narim's room]

"Perhaps so but then again we all need rescuing at times and even if we are the ones in danger we can still do what we can to help ourselves and others."
Narim said with a worried frown he was clearly concerned about you.
"Off course, like I said do not let me keep you, I will be here when this whole mess is sorted out."
The Virtual Adept said, he returned the kiss and then let you go to attend to matters than needed doing.

You got down to the hobby room. Richard was there. You saw that Thomas appeared to have fainted and he halfway hung from his chair onto the table.
"He just fainted."
Andrew said as he saw you.
"He said he felt a bit bad and nauseous then he collapsed."
The apprentice explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:20 pm

[Hobby Room]

When he got in the room, he was alarmed to find Thomas passed out. "Is he alright?" he asked Richard. "Good for calling on the doctor, shall I see if there is something else going on with him, that's not physical?" He didn't want to crowed the doctor, doing his examination but was obviously concerned for Thomas's well being.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:58 pm

[Hobby Room]

When he got in the room, he was alarmed to find Thomas passed out. "Is he alright?" he asked Richard.

"My guess is that if is exhaustion and stress, the kid have been in two fights for his life, have been captured by the enemy and spend hours tied to a chair, that can get the best of anyone, if my guess is correct then a few hours of rest should set him right as rain but I will do a more careful examination of him just to be sure."
Richard said as he hunched down to be able to put to fingers on Thomas's bound wrists.

"Good for calling on the doctor,

Andrew nodded he looked a little concerned.
"Thank you Sir. I just hope Thomas will be okey."

shall I see if there is something else going on with him, that's not physical?" He didn't want to crowed the doctor, doing his examination but was obviously concerned for Thomas's well being.

"It could not hurt, so sure do that while I examine him physically."
Richard said as he continued to feel the young Technocrat's energy though his pulse.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:24 pm

[Hobby Room]

"He is double jointed, hence his bonds. He did have something to eat recently and a break. But yes I'm sure this has been frightening and stressful for him, he's still young. I wish we had a better way to keep us all safe," he said, sounding regretful that he was under so much duress. He put his gear close at hand but not in the way and began to make a series of gestures, first for primal energies to see if there was anything amiss. He had his own spells on the young man, and there was going to be other traces as he'd already noticed, but he was looking for anything other than that or Richard's workings.

// prime scan: 1, 7, 7, 1 - scratch (fail). Try again, +1: 7, 5, 6, 9

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:21 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Hey! Don't give out my secrets." Serge said with a sly grin, amused with the fact that his Cabal Leader nearly word for word said his own personal magickal paradigm. "Glad someone agrees with me though. Though I haven't managed to figure out time magick which is kinda sad. Predicting the course of a story based on previous tropes should be my thing. You'd think I'd get it pretty quickly."
Anja wrote:"Well as much as stories mean to you kid, what if you try to use that as a focus for understanding Time then? Predicting tropes. I mean I use trances brought on by listening to music but that will not work for everyone, and while I might not agree with your world view it is your own and tropes then sounds like a way that would work with you to interact and understand the world by."
Ryan suggested.
Colin chuckled, "The power of Narrativium is well known on the Discworld, as the most common Element next to Air, Earth, Fire, Water and Surprise... Things have this odd tendency to work along predictable paths that conform to stories - whether the tropes are delivered straight or inverted. Just remember that the hero doesn't always win, nor is the villain always obvious... Hum, I suppose audio books would be more to your liking than music, but a few carefully chosen chapters of various books would probably be quite the potent set of tools for you."

Anja wrote:"Historical predictions have mostly been done by mystics and other Awakened beings, but every day predictions that is another matter."
George said.
"And one we can only guess at."
He nodded, "Just like how anyone in 1938 could predict that Hitler would try to conquer all of Europe... anyone except those in the employ of the British Foreign Office, of course."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Anna which said.
"Hehe I can't miss this I will be waiting."
Jeremy wrote:"Is it the goblin? God I hope its the goblin." Serge mused as he followed his cabal leader to his room.
He sniggered softly, "No, it's not Cromwell, though you'll get to meet him, too, when we get down to the Common Room... The secret is something entirely different, pertaining to the upcoming holidays."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:59 am

[George's Rooms]

Adley wrote:"Then I can provide a bit of assistance. Younger than the person in your picture, rounder features and softer. I wasn't in as good shape as I am now. I was clean shaven most of my time in school, relatively. And my hair was kept longer, more out of it always needing a trim than any style choice. I didn't really care about fashion then either. Personality wise, I would say...angrier, in a quiet way? I was a teenager and I can't say that I enjoyed it much."

"Sounds like teenage angst and I would've never expected that from you." Serge said with a chuckle as he made the modifications, erasing much of the drawings chin area upon hearing that Adley was clean shaven.

Anja wrote:"Well as much as stories mean to you kid, what if you try to use that as a focus for understanding Time then? Predicting tropes. I mean I use trances brought on by listening to music but that will not work for everyone, and while I might not agree with your world view it is your own and tropes then sounds like a way that would work with you to interact and understand the world by."
Ryan suggested.

"I've tried. Well sort of." Serge said. "I remember trying to predict the endings to shows and books when I was a little baby mage. I got them right most of the time but never due to magick. Though I never did go into my artist daydreamer trance. I sorta tried to force it but I guess I haven't ever really given it a proper go. Might try again now that I have more freedom to study more magick."

Colin wrote:Colin chuckled, "The power of Narrativium is well known on the Discworld, as the most common Element next to Air, Earth, Fire, Water and Surprise... Things have this odd tendency to work along predictable paths that conform to stories - whether the tropes are delivered straight or inverted. Just remember that the hero doesn't always win, nor is the villain always obvious... Hum, I suppose audio books would be more to your liking than music, but a few carefully chosen chapters of various books would probably be quite the potent set of tools for you."

"If stories all played out the same way people would get bored fast. The flexibility of stories is one of their strongest points. Stories are up to the whims of the author and we are all authors of our own stories." Serge agreed. "Audiobook....maybe? I'd have to try it. I'm a visual person at heart though. I'd rather see the words on the page and hear them in my mind rather than listen to someone else's voice."

Colin wrote:He sniggered softly, "No, it's not Cromwell, though you'll get to meet him, too, when we get down to the Common Room... The secret is something entirely different, pertaining to the upcoming holidays."

"Oh my god! Are we meeting Santa!" Serge said with the widest smile, clearly thinking that was an actual possibility.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:12 am

"Sounds like teenage angst and I would've never expected that from you." Serge said with a chuckle as he made the modifications, erasing much of the drawings chin area upon hearing that Adley was clean shaven.

He shrugged slightly. "From what I understand, it's fairly normal to feel that way for a while. But now I'm curious what you did expect me to be like. I haven't thought that way for what feels like several lifetimes."

Colin chuckled, "The power of Narrativium is well known on the Discworld, as the most common Element next to Air, Earth, Fire, Water and Surprise... Things have this odd tendency to work along predictable paths that conform to stories - whether the tropes are delivered straight or inverted. Just remember that the hero doesn't always win, nor is the villain always obvious... Hum, I suppose audio books would be more to your liking than music, but a few carefully chosen chapters of various books would probably be quite the potent set of tools for you."
"If stories all played out the same way people would get bored fast. The flexibility of stories is one of their strongest points. Stories are up to the whims of the author and we are all authors of our own stories." Serge agreed. "Audiobook....maybe? I'd have to try it. I'm a visual person at heart though. I'd rather see the words on the page and hear them in my mind rather than listen to someone else's voice."

He raised an eyebrow at their conversation. "Not one of the classical elements then..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 am

[Hobby Room]

"He is double jointed, hence his bonds. He did have something to eat recently and a break. But yes I'm sure this has been frightening and stressful for him, he's still young. I wish we had a better way to keep us all safe," he said, sounding regretful that he was under so much duress. He put his gear close at hand but not in the way and began to make a series of gestures, first for primal energies to see if there was anything amiss. He had his own spells on the young man, and there was going to be other traces as he'd already noticed, but he was looking for anything other than that or Richard's workings.

"His hands are fine Adley they are not what is doing this, they have good circulation and while he might feel a little stiff this is not what have caused him to faint."
Richard said as he worked to find out what was wrong with Thomas. You cast your spell on the young Void Engineer, first it was hard to get your working going, perhaps you was to stressed but eventually you got the effect working. You did not see any magick on Thomas other than what you would expect to be there.
"I think it is just that he is emotionally drained and stressed but I would like to take the young man to the infirmary and run a few tests."
Richard said as he got up.
"He is not to easy to read."

"I doubt it really Mr Wainwright as I work magick through trance work, someone reading a book to me do not help me get into an altered state of consciousness, music one can loose oneself to however is what I use."
Ryan said and he shook his head.
"I do read books I just do not use stories in my magick."

He nodded, "Just like how anyone in 1938 could predict that Hitler would try to conquer all of Europe... anyone except those in the employ of the British Foreign Office, of course."

"Indeed so unfortunately."
George replied with a nod.

"I've tried. Well sort of." Serge said. "I remember trying to predict the endings to shows and books when I was a little baby mage. I got them right most of the time but never due to magick. Though I never did go into my artist daydreamer trance. I sorta tried to force it but I guess I haven't ever really given it a proper go. Might try again now that I have more freedom to study more magick."

"You might want to try young man if you wish to study the Sphere of Time."
The Deacon Primus said.
"It might be a way for you to tap into this part of reality. However you do not have to study the Sphere of Time unless that is something that personally interests you."
He added and Ryan chimed in.
"Though learning a bit of our Tradition's signature magick might not be a bad idea kid."

"I do think it was me Mr Wainwright recommended audio books to kid."
Your uncle commented.

[Casa Wainwright]

He sniggered softly, "No, it's not Cromwell, though you'll get to meet him, too, when we get down to the Common Room... The secret is something entirely different, pertaining to the upcoming holidays."

"Oh my god! Are we meeting Santa!" Serge said with the widest smile, clearly thinking that was an actual possibility.

Colin and Serge got to the Orphan's door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:02 am

Anja wrote:"I doubt it really Mr Wainwright as I work magick through trance work, someone reading a book to me do not help me get into an altered state of consciousness, music one can loose oneself to however is what I use."
Ryan said and he shook his head.
"I do read books I just do not use stories in my magick."
Jeremy wrote:"If stories all played out the same way people would get bored fast. The flexibility of stories is one of their strongest points. Stories are up to the whims of the author and we are all authors of our own stories." Serge agreed. "Audiobook....maybe? I'd have to try it. I'm a visual person at heart though. I'd rather see the words on the page and hear them in my mind rather than listen to someone else's voice."
Anja wrote:"I do think it was me Mr Wainwright recommended audio books to kid."
Your uncle commented.
Colin smiled wryly, "It was aimed at Mr. Yager, actually. Hum, an advantage for you using audiobooks, or even video clips, would be that you could use that to put others in the right narrative mindsets, as well as yourself. Play the right soliloquy as part of your manipulations could well help... soften the local Consensus, just a little."

S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow at their conversation. "Not one of the classical elements then..."
He chuckled, "Well, ancient playwrights, like Sophocles or Euripides, might debate that point."

[Casa Wainwright]
Jeremy wrote:"Oh my god! Are we meeting Santa!" Serge said with the widest smile, clearly thinking that was an actual possibility.
He laughed, "No, at this time, he's too busy checking his list twice. Besides, he's in Finland, I think? No, it's not Santa Claus."

Anja wrote:Colin and Serge got to the Orphan's door.
He grinned and let Serge in, following after, "We're here, Sweetie. And we'll be headed downstairs again once I let Mr. Yager in on my vacation plans."
He closed the door and looked around the room, making sure Anna could see Serge's reaction, "You see, Serge, I had to contact someone on a god-given mission tonight. It's a long story I'll not get into now, but I did challenge a rather famous man to a marksmanship contest when Anna and I are in Europe for Christmas. As a wager, I will present this specific gentleman a silver arrow. Can you guess who?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "It was aimed at Mr. Yager, actually. Hum, an advantage for you using audiobooks, or even video clips, would be that you could use that to put others in the right narrative mindsets, as well as yourself. Play the right soliloquy as part of your manipulations could well help... soften the local Consensus, just a little."

"Well if it is my nephew you are addressing then far be it for me to get involved."
Ryan said with a shrug.
"Softening the local Consensus is always a good thing though."

[Casa Wainwright]

He grinned and let Serge in, following after, "We're here, Sweetie. And we'll be headed downstairs again once I let Mr. Yager in on my vacation plans."
He closed the door and looked around the room, making sure Anna could see Serge's reaction, "You see, Serge, I had to contact someone on a god-given mission tonight. It's a long story I'll not get into now, but I did challenge a rather famous man to a marksmanship contest when Anna and I are in Europe for Christmas. As a wager, I will present this specific gentleman a silver arrow. Can you guess who?"

Anna sat at the kitchen table having a glass of milk when you entered your apartment. Richard had clearly left already for he was not there but Crexia was still present, she have you and Serge a slight nod of her head when she saw you. Anna smiled.
"Hi dad...hi Mr Yager."
The young apprentice said happily, she seamed to have perked back up with some rest, she she gave a bit of a grin and waited to see if Serge guessed right, eager to see his reaction.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:23 pm

[Master Steelhaven's rooms]

He chuckled, "Well, ancient playwrights, like Sophocles or Euripides, might debate that point."

"Is this the set up for the tailor joke? Because I know that one." He gave a small smile.

[Hobby Room]

"His hands are fine Adley they are not what is doing this, they have good circulation and while he might feel a little stiff this is not what have caused him to faint."
Richard said as he worked to find out what was wrong with Thomas. You cast your spell on the young Void Engineer, first it was hard to get your working going, perhaps you was to stressed but eventually you got the effect working. You did not see any magick on Thomas other than what you would expect to be there.

"Hm, so far nothing unusual..." he muttered, then cast a more specific spirit spell to see if something had attacked him or interfered with his spirit.

"I think it is just that he is emotionally drained and stressed but I would like to take the young man to the infirmary and run a few tests."
Richard said as he got up.
"He is not to easy to read."

"Is it a medical emergency?" he asked. "Otherwise, if it is equipment I can fetch for you that would be easier than moving him, and bound to be less stressful as well as expose him to less people.  I will have to consult my sora."

// S1: 7, 7, 7 8

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:08 pm

[Hobby Room]

"Hm, so far nothing unusual..." he muttered, then cast a more specific spirit spell to see if something had attacked him or interfered with his spirit.

Nothing was attacking his spirit per see, but there was something that felt wrong, but it was hard to say what, there was no attack, just a feeling of something being out of wack.

"Is it a medical emergency?" he asked. "Otherwise, if it is equipment I can fetch for you that would be easier than moving him, and bound to be less stressful as well as expose him to less people. I will have to consult my sora."

"Do I believe Mr Griffith will die, no I do not think so no, however the kid is exhausted and he did faint so being in a bed instead of being tied to a chair will be allot better for his health, also I will need to do some examination which will be easier and more comfortable for him if I have him in the infirmary, for example I would like to draw some blood, which will be easier to do if I could access his arms."
Richard said then he sigh.
"Adley this is a scared kid, not a Research Director of the inner circle of the Union, the right thing to do right now, is that that miniscule risk that he will try to run or cause trouble and get him the medical care that he need, rather than treating him like he is Hannibal Lecter."
The Akashic commented sternly.
"Sometimes taking a little bit of risk, is the right thing to do my friend."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 pm

[Hobby Room]

He frowned, narrowing his eyes as he felt something off with his spirit. He tried to see what else was going on with him, investigating a bit more from what he'd previously sensed. "There is something going on with his spirit, though..." He pulled a frown.

"Sometimes taking a little bit of risk, is the right thing to do my friend."

"You do know who this is? For that is not the only risk I am concerned over." he asked him. "For it's a bit more complicated than that, unfortunately. But I will carry him up, if you as a doctor feel it is the best course to take right now." He looked to Andrew. "Please tell my sora what is going on, once we are away, and then return to the infirmary to keep a lookout."

// What type of roll might be appropriate?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 pm

[Hobby Room]

He frowned, narrowing his eyes as he felt something off with his spirit. He tried to see what else was going on with him, investigating a bit more from what he'd previously sensed. "There is something going on with his spirit, though..." He pulled a frown.

It felt a bit like if someone was searching for Thomas, a powerful presence that when added to the rest of the stresses the boy was under had been one thing to much and made the young Void Engineer faint.
"You mean like with an attack or something?"
Richard asked sounding concerned.

"You do know who this is? For that is not the only risk I am concerned over." he asked him.

"I do know who he is, I also are quite convinced that we will be as able to protect him in the Chantry infirmary where he can lie down in a warm bed, as we are with him tied to a chair in the hobby room."
Richard replied.

"For it's a bit more complicated than that, unfortunately. But I will carry him up, if you as a doctor feel it is the best course to take right now."

"I do, like I said I do not believe the kid will die from this, but he is exhausted and he needs proper rest, which he will not get down here tied up."
The Akashic replied.

He looked to Andrew. "Please tell my sora what is going on, once we are away, and then return to the infirmary to keep a lookout."

"I will do so at once Sir."
Andrew said and he pulled his phone out of his pocked to call Helena.

(OOC: Spirit, Prime and Corr)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next