Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleanup in the Labyrinth, Rescuing a Verbena, Late Night at Steelhaven Hall IC Thread 52

+2
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Adley
6 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cleanup in the Labyrinth, Rescuing a Verbena, Late Night at Steelhaven Hall IC Thread 52 - Page 22 Empty Re: Cleanup in the Labyrinth, Rescuing a Verbena, Late Night at Steelhaven Hall IC Thread 52

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:18 pm

[Security Chief's rooms]

Hm, I don't see anything out of the ordinary...that doesn't mean there isn't anything though. Let me check the other door," he said. For a moment he was again struck with the combination of normal and strange and disturbing organic-ness of Labyrinth creature and horridness of knowing it was a Nephandi's room.

You got into the bathroom, there was a maw here, other than that the place was mostly normal there was a sink and a loo and a bathrub as well as a small cabinet with towels and the like, on the wall there was a shelf that held little glass vials with finger bones, each vial holding the finger bones from one right hand, and there was allot of vials so that the Nephanda could look at her thropies while she was doing her buessiness.
"Did you find anything mea filius?"
Jeffry asked as he and Helga carefully moved around the small apartment looking for anything that could be useful.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cleanup in the Labyrinth, Rescuing a Verbena, Late Night at Steelhaven Hall IC Thread 52 - Page 22 Empty Re: Cleanup in the Labyrinth, Rescuing a Verbena, Late Night at Steelhaven Hall IC Thread 52

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:18 pm

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]

Colin's Post:

Nicole shot a look at Colin, suspicious and doubting, before turning back to the body. 'Some might. Others will only do it out of a worry about the chance what did me in would do them in later. And even that's a 'might'. But don't worry, I know when I'm not wanted.'

Colin's Post:

'No... most modern medical gear has micro-tags on them. Allows the doc to know what replacements are needed before you open the patient up and shit. Might be that the cell's too weedy to pick it up.' moving over to a handy space, unslinging her rucksack, rooting within and pulling out her knackered old PDA and a length of ribbon cable.

[Wasn't planning to, but investigating a little further allows Adley to finish up searching the room.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:01 am

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]

'No... most modern medical gear has micro-tags on them. Allows the doc to know what replacements are needed before you open the patient up and shit. Might be that the cell's too weedy to pick it up.' moving over to a handy space, unslinging her rucksack, rooting within and pulling out her knackered old PDA and a length of ribbon cable.

Examining the neural jack more closely with your PDA it was clear that it was a custom job, eventually you do find a serial number, very small printer on the inside of the jack itself, the number looked Union you are pretty sure Iteration X manifacured that but probably the dead man himself are not himself an iterator since he do not have allot of work done, at least with the number if you check a Interator database you might be able to find the man's identity.

(OOC: That works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:13 am

[Security Chief's rooms]

"Did you find anything mea filius?"
Jeffry asked as he and Helga carefully moved around the small apartment looking for anything that could be useful.

"I...think I found her trophy collection. She kept it in the bathroom, little jars with finger bones in them," he said, unhappily. "There's a maw in here, otherwise it looks deceptively normal. The vials stick out too much after taking so much trouble to...keep them, it seems strange she left them behind but took other things."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:06 am

[Security Chief's rooms]

"I...think I found her trophy collection. She kept it in the bathroom, little jars with finger bones in them," he said, unhappily. "There's a maw in here, otherwise it looks deceptively normal. The vials stick out too much after taking so much trouble to...keep them, it seems strange she left them behind but took other things."

"Well Nephandi are going to Nephandi I guess, these are not nice pepole mea filius."
Jeffry muttered glumly.
"I guess we have to look over that Trophy collection to see if there is something with arcane connections to our target there and we can also try to find out who the bones belong to so we can inform their loved ones."
The old Hermetic said.
"Well I guess she was in a hurry and assumed she could always get new trophies and she would rather keep her Avatar and her life than them, I assume what she took was neccesities and pictures and such if she is in them are a prime source for arcane connections so it makes sense that she took them."
Helga chimed in.
"Anything else in there...and you better watch out for the maw Mr Roth Hicks."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:21 pm

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]
Nicole wrote:Nicole shot a look at Colin, suspicious and doubting, before turning back to the body. 'Some might. Others will only do it out of a worry about the chance what did me in would do them in later. And even that's a 'might'. But don't worry, I know when I'm not wanted.'
Colin frowned, "Well, now, that might be putting it a bit harshly. You've certainly irked a few senior Magi, but that's not the same as not wanting you. Hum... You do well on the battlefield, and no-one's disputed that, but you are a trifle abrasive with your seniors - I'd not go so far as to call them your 'betters', and a fair few people unfortunately take the First Protocol somewhat... narrow-mindedly."
He took a deep breath, "Your conflict with Adley aside - which I suspect may be due to the two of you being fundamentally too different or alike - you've got some pretty dedicated friends at the Chantry, too. Serge and Cava would be sorely disappointed if you just left, for example... as would I, and I think Bruce likes having someone else handy around the garage, even if he's not the talkative sort."

Nicole wrote:'No... most modern medical gear has micro-tags on them. Allows the doc to know what replacements are needed before you open the patient up and shit. Might be that the cell's too weedy to pick it up.' moving over to a handy space, unslinging her rucksack, rooting within and pulling out her knackered old PDA and a length of ribbon cable.
He arched an eyebrow, "And you're certain the Union might not be using tags with other frequencies, to avoid problems in case sleeper doctors get an odd patient into the ER?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:06 pm

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]

Colin's Post:

'If they are what I am fighting for, well screw that.' the Etherite sneered, flipping open the PDA and firing it up. 'Both sides are as fucking bad as each other. Well, they can have their cover-ye-ass, always obey the chain 'o command even when incompetent shit. If I wanted that crap, I'd have signed up with the other team.' the PDA's screen loading as she hooked up a ribbon cable with a sensor of some sort to the port.

Colin's Post:

'Like is irrelevant. The way things are, Boston is a sitting duck - complacent, arrogant and full of dead wood. I don't intend to die on this fucking hill, to preserve the egos and power of a bunch of cronyistic Hermetics and touchy "elders" who still fail to realise the lessons of Mistridge.' tone biting as she started to run the sensor around the corpses' head. 'Well, this rat can see the holes in the hull...'

Colin's Post:

'Yeah, 'cos the fuck-off jack in the side of the head is perfectly normal for a Mundie doc.' she replied sarcastically, as the PDA's screen flashed for attention, which she then turned to. 'Hmm...' pressing a few keys '-here it is. Serials in hex, if I'm not mistaken. Probably showing model, production date-location, batch number etcetera. Smells like Iterator. I can get confirmation, but it'll take a few hours.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:11 pm

[Security Chief's rooms]

"I guess we have to look over that Trophy collection to see if there is something with arcane connections to our target there and we can also try to find out who the bones belong to so we can inform their loved ones."
The old Hermetic said.

He scanned the room for things like traps, brushes, hair ties, and stray hairs. "I'm not checking drains in a place with live plumbing. I heard stories and they were all cautionary."

"Well I guess she was in a hurry and assumed she could always get new trophies and she would rather keep her Avatar and her life than them, I assume what she took was neccesities and pictures and such if she is in them are a prime source for arcane connections so it makes sense that she took them."
Helga chimed in.

"True enough."

"Anything else in there...and you better watch out for the maw Mr Roth Hicks."

"I am not near it..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:10 pm

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]

'Like is irrelevant. The way things are, Boston is a sitting duck - complacent, arrogant and full of dead wood. I don't intend to die on this fucking hill, to preserve the egos and power of a bunch of cronyistic Hermetics and touchy "elders" who still fail to realise the lessons of Mistridge.' tone biting as she started to run the sensor around the corpses' head. 'Well, this rat can see the holes in the hull...'

There was no tracking tech in the jack but as you examined it you found the serial number of it displayed as you PDA connected to the device. It was NAI-746.442C.

'Yeah, 'cos the fuck-off jack in the side of the head is perfectly normal for a Mundie doc.' she replied sarcastically, as the PDA's screen flashed for attention, which she then turned to. 'Hmm...' pressing a few keys '-here it is. Serials in hex, if I'm not mistaken. Probably showing model, production date-location, batch number etcetera. Smells like Iterator. I can get confirmation, but it'll take a few hours.'

You could read that the jack was installed on August 3 2013, it had been serviced May 5 2014 and this man was named Carl Henry Chadwick. There was no more information other than that he had been allargic to strawberries, not that it mattered in his current state.

[Security Chief's rooms]

He scanned the room for things like traps, brushes, hair ties, and stray hairs. "I'm not checking drains in a place with live plumbing. I heard stories and they were all cautionary."

You found the leftovers of a fire, with a melted brush and comb in the bathtub, clearly the Chief had burned anything she thought contained arcane connections to her, she had been quite careful it seam, you did not find any traps either though. The maw jubbered at you just muttering inchoherently as you worked.
"Yeah careful where you stick your fingers...you need those."
Jeffry commented.

"True enough."

"Fucking Npehandi."
Helga muttered sourly.

"I am not near it..."

"Good are you finding anything in there?"
The Cultist asked.
"It seams the bloody woman have been pretty good at cleaning up after herself in here in the living room. I guess she was the Security Chief for a reason."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:51 pm

[Security Chief's rooms]

"She burnt her combs and brushes in the tub. She looks like she did a pretty thorough job of getting anything useful, I don't see anything. Which makes me concerned. If she burnt all that then she left these trophies here, maybe she wanted us to investigate them either as a final sort of get-back at us, or a trap."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:59 am

[Security Chief's rooms]

"Burning her combs? That is pretty smart, yeah we are not finding many personal stuff in here either I mean there is allot of stuff but one that seam to have a strong link to the woman."
Helga said.
"I am coming in to have a look at these bones."
Jeffry said and he ducked into the bathroom and frowned at the collection on the shelf.
"Hum...well yes she might have set up a trap witht these, we anyway will have to examine them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:09 am

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]
Nicole wrote:'If they are what I am fighting for, well screw that.' the Etherite sneered, flipping open the PDA and firing it up. 'Both sides are as fucking bad as each other. Well, they can have their cover-ye-ass, always obey the chain 'o command even when incompetent shit. If I wanted that crap, I'd have signed up with the other team.' the PDA's screen loading as she hooked up a ribbon cable with a sensor of some sort to the port.
Colin frowned, "I know there are a number of the older Magi whose obituaries I would highly approve of, but there are a few of them who are as aware, if intermittently, as we are that it's the current and the next generation of Magi, not the old farts in ivory towers, who will determine the shape of the world for aeons to come... Master Porthos, in his lucid moments, tries to warn people about the imminent threat, and there are a few quite senior individuals who make great efforts to keep their minds fresh and current; Lady Crexia, for example, works unbelievably hard at remaining vital and not withering away to become an absentminded, routine-locked lab rat forgotten in a cellar somewhere... but the old Masters largely need something of a cold shower. And screaming at them and spitting on decorum won't help kids like Kyle, Cava, Anna, or Case..."

Nicole wrote:'Like is irrelevant. The way things are, Boston is a sitting duck - complacent, arrogant and full of dead wood. I don't intend to die on this fucking hill, to preserve the egos and power of a bunch of cronyistic Hermetics and touchy "elders" who still fail to realise the lessons of Mistridge.' tone biting as she started to run the sensor around the corpses' head. 'Well, this rat can see the holes in the hull...'
He frowned, "Boston is not a lost cause - not yet - but the Fallen have infiltrated both us and the Union. There are agents high up in the Traditions who help poison the older generations, and while we're working to collate the evidence to expose and destroy them, it won't be done overnight. We can only try to hold the tide back until we have everything in place."
He smiled wryly, "And a rat who can see the holes in the hull is a great boon, if the rat chooses to use her skills for patching the holes instead of just finding an exit and leaving the rest to drown. You've got great instincts, you sense wrongness in ways perhaps the rest of us could never do, but you have a lot of dangerous pride... If you can learn to curb your own pride and fake humility, you can make yourself an unassailable bulwark against... donkeys like Flavian."

Nicole wrote:'Yeah, 'cos the fuck-off jack in the side of the head is perfectly normal for a Mundie doc.' she replied sarcastically, as the PDA's screen flashed for attention, which she then turned to. 'Hmm...' pressing a few keys '-here it is. Serials in hex, if I'm not mistaken. Probably showing model, production date-location, batch number etcetera. Smells like Iterator. I can get confirmation, but it'll take a few hours.'
He shrugged, "I was not thinking specifically of neural jacks, but perhaps subtler Union gear. And I'm inclined to agree, Iterator source for the gear, but the chap could as well be New World order or Syndicate... In fact, I've got ten dollars saying he's a Syndicate agent who discovered Eric Dahl's misdeeds."

((OOC: Where day go? Day was right there?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:39 am

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]

Colin's Post:

'And? The fact there's a few on the ship pointing a the approaching iceberg means jack if the captain's going full steam ahead and their officers are kicking off the ship anyone who mentions about it.' she shot back with scorn, continuing to look at the PDA screen.

Colin's Post:

'Ah, the children. The cause of so many good people doing bad things for bad bosses.' she replied, a little sadly. 'And if you think that is screaming, well you ain't seen nothing.'

Colin's Post:

'Excellent. So we can replace the evil obsolete ones with the ones who are just obsolete then?' she replied sarcastically, tapping the keyboard a few times. 'Hmm, 8th Aug '13. Install date?'

Colin's Post:

'You have no idea how much I bite back. And Flavian and co are juiced in with that fucking secret handshake shit the Hermetics play.' the last part with venom. 'Ah, a name. Not sure how I got that... did that Adept I paid install some translation software or something? Carl Henry Chadwick. Not like I'll put much stock in that.'

[Well, a passive RFID tag more a glorified info sticker than a tracking device.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:47 am

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]

It seamed that 8/8 2013 was indeed the install date at least according to the information on your PDA. According to the information the implant had gone dormant though when the man it was installed in had died.

(OOC: Indeed so and yeah there was a day yesterday, well we did have a D&D game so some hours went to that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:24 pm

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]
Nicole wrote:'And? The fact there's a few on the ship pointing a the approaching iceberg means jack if the captain's going full steam ahead and their officers are kicking off the ship anyone who mentions about it.' she shot back with scorn, continuing to look at the PDA screen.
Colin shook his head, "The captain doesn't know it yet, but the officer he's kicked off the ship for pointing out the iceberg helped us today, and will be taking the captain's seat within a few years - right now, we just have to get our pieces into place and wait for the checkmate."
He grinned, "And I know you won't want to miss seeing that."

Nicole wrote:'Ah, the children. The cause of so many good people doing bad things for bad bosses.' she replied, a little sadly. 'And if you think that is screaming, well you ain't seen nothing.'
He sighed, "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... and some days, it's all we can do to keep the kids out of the hands of those bad bosses... even if that means we sometimes have to go along with what those bad bosses ask. We just need to maintain a paper trail, so that when the tide turns, we'll have all the more fuel for the pyre."

Nicole wrote:'Excellent. So we can replace the evil obsolete ones with the ones who are just obsolete then?' she replied sarcastically, tapping the keyboard a few times. 'Hmm, 8th Aug '13. Install date?'
He sighed, "Ideally, we get ones who are not obsolete. If the Nine were replaced with people who've fought on Earth this century, that would be best... but for now, we will have to settle for 'good enough'. The worst of them, though, will be replaced with someone who's on Earth right now; he'll be a decent reformer within his own Tradition... and Admiral Hastings will succeed Dr. Spence in your own Tradition soon, that's a rather open secret. She'll do quite well. You'll be a Child of Ether, then, rather than a Son of Ether. One little thing at a time..."

Nicole wrote:'You have no idea how much I bite back. And Flavian and co are juiced in with that fucking secret handshake shit the Hermetics play.' the last part with venom. 'Ah, a name. Not sure how I got that... did that Adept I paid install some translation software or something? Carl Henry Chadwick. Not like I'll put much stock in that.'
He smiled wryly, "Seems the most entrenched Hermetics in the handshake club are more likely to be the compromised ones. Unfortunately, that includes some of their currently best positioned members. It appears the Order didn't quite learn their lesson from Tremere... but they will have a refresher course shortly. A very painful, but important one. Trust me, you'll want to stick around to watch that, I'll even personally tutor you in the fine British art of twisting the knife in a deferential and apologetic tone, if you like. I've said it before, you've got great potential with your keen senses, but you're squandering them on short-sighted, blunt retorts at times."
He frowned, then whistled, "You have a back door to Union systems on that thing? That's a powerful weapon..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:40 pm

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]

Colin's Post:

'That's what I was talking about; Iterator gear. Can always scan the rest of him, see if any other tags squeal...'

Colin's Post:

'You hope. Or are you simply like the Salvos, being used to suppress dissent? Peddling your lies about pie in the sky?' the Etherite shot back, though without venom towards Colin personally while tapping her keyboard a few more times. 'Hmm, another date, later. Maintenance stamp? I usually do similar on the autos I work on...'

Colin's Post:

'Of course you believe that. You're decent enough a person who wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise. But there always needs to be a vanguard. The ones who visibly resist, call out and talk of other options. How else will others know they're not a minority of one otherwise? Telepathy?'

Colin's Post:

'In the long run, we are all dead. And my run is likely to be much shorter if the chair-polishing relics continue fighting a losing war.'

Colin's Post:

'They've been the fucking bindweed of the Traditions for forever. What the hell makes you think you'll succeed where the others failed, eh? The moment you attack one, they all close ranks. That-' she spat out '-is the Hermetic way.'

Colin's Post:

'More that we have some mutual interoperability - some standards and shit were, well standardised before we split. Plus, they might have simply put the tag on an odd wavelength; the whole "security through anonymity" thing.' her tone here a little curious. 'Anyway, it's not like I'm actually gaining any useful intel which could be used to our advantage in combat or anything.'

[Sorry, forgot the first bit.]

[Erm... there's no need to confirm the questions you've already answered, Great One; I'm merely using the posts to relay said information to Colin IC in a manner which doesn't look like a bald infodump.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:11 pm

[Steelhaven 4 30]

Anja wrote:Kyle suddenly jerked awake he looked around wildly and terrified for a moment then his eyes setteled on something neither you or Stephen saw then he setteled down a little.
"Are you okey, did you have a nightmare?"
Stephen asked and Kyle nodded breathing heavy, nothicing Serge he bowed slightly.
"Yes I did...ehm...Mr Yager are you still here, I am sorry did my uneasy sleep disturb anyone?"
The boy muttered looking a bit confused and scared.

"It's alright." Serge said reassuringly, "Might be better for you to be awake anyways. It'll be easier to keep your mind of things."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:10 am

[Steelhaven 4 30]

"It's alright." Serge said reassuringly, "Might be better for you to be awake anyways. It'll be easier to keep your mind of things."

Kyle nodded he gave a tired grunt and sat up running a hand through his hair.
"Yeah you might be right Sir."
He muttered.
"What time is it? have my Mentor and my brother and the others come back from beating up the Labyrinth yet?"

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]

'That's what I was talking about; Iterator gear. Can always scan the rest of him, see if any other tags squeal...'

If Nicole scan the rest of the dead man the only thing she will get a response from is his finger it is marked as:
"21/7 2011 finger lost, replaced sucsessfully. 5/11 2011 spool of thin wire sucsessfully installed in artificial finger, no loss of movement."
There was also the same name for the dead man as given before.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:42 am

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]
Nicole wrote:'You hope. Or are you simply like the Salvos, being used to suppress dissent? Peddling your lies about pie in the sky?' the Etherite shot back, though without venom towards Colin personally while tapping her keyboard a few more times. 'Hmm, another date, later. Maintenance stamp? I usually do similar on the autos I work on...'
Colin shook his head, "Oh, no, I know with quite a great deal of certainty that the change in leadership is coming; we just can't move openly with it just yet. Suffice to say, a certain well beloved individual has been actively digging their own grave, and now the rock solid proof is all coming together, like the sides of a Rubik's cube beautifully clicking into place."

Nicole wrote:'Of course you believe that. You're decent enough a person who wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise. But there always needs to be a vanguard. The ones who visibly resist, call out and talk of other options. How else will others know they're not a minority of one otherwise? Telepathy?'
He shook his head, "Again, there are methods to be considered. Absolutely call out issues, in public when it is necessary and viable to do so - but no-one has ever succeeded at overthrowing a monarchy by marching alone up to the king and sharpening their pitchfork in the throne room, in front of the king's guards... It doesn't have to be hushed voices in coffee shops; a well-presented academic analysis of the societal discrepancies published in the Paradigma could be far more far-reaching and harder to attack you personally for. The younger generations have always found new means of communicating that previous generations couldn't quite grasp, try as they might - there are fairly few mages over a hundred years of age that even grasp simple text messaging conventions, our own Security Chief is a prime example of that. But the squeaky wheel doesn't necessarily get the grease, it just might get replaced if the squeak is too embarrassing for the person squeaked at... read the room before you raise your voice."

Nicole wrote:'In the long run, we are all dead. And my run is likely to be much shorter if the chair-polishing relics continue fighting a losing war.'
He shrugged, "In the long run, yes. But in the short run, we'll want to ensure that there'll be a long run. Right now, we're at a critical juncture with Moloch trying to rise to power, something we have been warned of, and some of the most insistent chair-polishers refuse to acknowledge... But we don't always have the luxury of choosing our battles. All we can do is fight them as cleverly as we can."

Nicole wrote:'They've been the fucking bindweed of the Traditions for forever. What the hell makes you think you'll succeed where the others failed, eh? The moment you attack one, they all close ranks. That-' she spat out '-is the Hermetic way.'
He smiled thinly, "Oh, yes, they're very quick to close ranks against outsiders. However, the Order is also extremely harsh when they find rot among their own... they've got an unfortunate superiority complex, which has brought the Order to falter, twice; once when the Tremere forced the Schism War and ousted the Diedne from the Order of Hermes, and once when the Order discovered just what the hell Tremere had been up to... This time, another House is trying something sneaky, to take over the role of two other esteemed Houses, leaning on the rot in the leading House to aid them. But the plot is being exposed, and the Order... will do some serious purging of their own. I foresee that Lady Crexia will be forced to practice her own specialties among her own juniors in the coming years..."

Nicole wrote:'More that we have some mutual interoperability - some standards and shit were, well standardised before we split. Plus, they might have simply put the tag on an odd wavelength; the whole "security through anonymity" thing.' her tone here a little curious. 'Anyway, it's not like I'm actually gaining any useful intel which could be used to our advantage in combat or anything.'
He nodded, "Well, if there's a name, I can at least ensure the notification of the chap's demise ends up in the right hands. Rotten way to go, even for a Technocrat. He didn't deserve this..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:17 pm

[Emissary Meeting, 4.15]

Coli's Post:

'Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss?' Nicole quipped acidly. 'Change in the leadership means squat if it's simply more of the same. Or if the middle management types are left in place.'

Colin's Post:

'Oh for fuck's sake, you're talking like I did a satanic sacrifice of their familiar, in their office and then nailed the body to the desk.' she replied, dismissively. 'And those things you mention have been tried, again and again and again. What did Einstein say about trying the same thing and expecting a different result?' the scorn obvious.

'No, what's happened is that like the American Taliban, those fuckers have been pandered to for so long they cannot take any criticism, change or anything - you saw how damn petty they've become, a little bit of sass, and a whole fucking Chantry will cut us off! Oh Master, what a fragile ego you have!' Nicole shot back, glaring at the PDA screen for a moment. 'Which is one of the main reasons why the Traditions are losing. If I only fought with folks that I agreed with 100%, I'd be in a permanent army of one.'

'And don't mistake ability to grasp current tech or shit as being able to grasp the modern social world. I've seen folks in my mundie trade highly skilled at the most new autos but with views that come straight out of the '30s.' tapping the keyboard a few times again, seeing if there was any more information on it.

Colin's Post:

'Good. It will reduce the number of fossils and chair-polishers. Send me an email when they're gone.' she replied flippantly. 'Do you want me to do anything more with this body or what?' looking at Colin curiously for a moment.

Colin's Post:

'Or they should all be just consigned to the dustbin of history.' Nicole shot back with a glare. 'The "Awakened history of the world" could easily be titled "All the people Hermetics pissed off". Is there any group which they have at some point not attacked, exterminated or run pogroms against? Yet barely nobody even considers the possibility that they may in fact be ultimately the cause of all the problems?'

Colin's Post:

'Hmm... wonder if he had anything to do with that plague thing. Still don't get the whys of that thing...' scratching her ear for a moment.

[EDIT: Colin didn't actually give Nick any instructions to do anything....]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:37 pm

[Emissary Meeting 4 15]

There was no more information to get from the dead man or his implants than what Nicole have already read.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:38 pm

[Steelhaven 4 30]

Anja wrote:Kyle nodded he gave a tired grunt and sat up running a hand through his hair.
"Yeah you might be right Sir."
He muttered.
"What time is it? have my Mentor and my brother and the others come back from beating up the Labyrinth yet?"

"Don't know. Like 4:30 or something?" Serge said, pulling out his phone to check. "Your families not back yet. Though from the sounds of things they'll be here soon."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:50 pm

[Steelhaven 4 30]

"Don't know. Like 4:30 or something?" Serge said, pulling out his phone to check. "Your families not back yet. Though from the sounds of things they'll be here soon."

"I guess it takes time to clena out a Labyrinth."
Kyle said but he sounded worried as he rubbed sleep from his eyes.
"We will just have to be patient, what about you Sir, have you gotten any rest?"
He asked and he smiled gratefully as Stephen went to get him a glass of water.
"Thank you."
The boy muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:53 pm

[Steelhaven 4 30]

Anja wrote:"I guess it takes time to clena out a Labyrinth."
Kyle said but he sounded worried as he rubbed sleep from his eyes.
"We will just have to be patient, what about you Sir, have you gotten any rest?"
He asked and he smiled gratefully as Stephen went to get him a glass of water.
"Thank you."
The boy muttered.

"Yeah, I got 9 hours of rest between 12 and 1 o clock." Serge said, a little amused with that sentence. "I'm fine. Feels like a new day to me honestly."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:14 pm

[Steelhaven 4 30]

"Yeah, I got 9 hours of rest between 12 and 1 o clock." Serge said, a little amused with that sentence. "I'm fine. Feels like a new day to me honestly."

"Time bubble? That is such an awsome spell, I wish I could do that."
Kyle said, he sipped some water then he added bitterly.
"If I could then I could just put everything on pause and just never have to go to Horizon."
The young mage looked down ans shivered as his magickal nephew patted him on the shoulder.
"I am sure it will be fine Kule."
The older boy tried to reassure the fellow apprentice. Kyle sigh and nodded then he looked up at Serge again.
"So you are helping out with patrolling the Chantry while the strike team is out Sir?"
The boy asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next