Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Update Working Thread

4 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Forum Update Working Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Forum Update Working Thread

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:33 am

Go to 'Post New Topic' in correct sub-forum, make first post, but before you hit 'send' hunt out under the box (under 'Options') and check 'Post Topic as sticky' before hitting send (use your brower's search word function if you can't see said box right away).

Now, you can cut/paste my table as-is but you must turn off BBCode before doing so, otherwise the formatting shall be lost and it becomes unreadable. This can be done by pressing the 'switch editor mode' button on the far right of the buttons on the toolbar above and then doing the pasting.

Thank you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:37 am

Warp wrote:I mean, someone better than me with Photoshop could probably take the transparent .png and clean it up proper, add in the extra rooms, and I could just upload it back to the picture server I use and update the link.

That's a learning curve I don't cannot be arsed to climb. However, I do know [sorta] how to use design software like AutoCAD, of which I think would be better as... well, that's building design software doing building design. I mean Strife did the previous one via Sims 'Build Mode', which wasn't too bad. However, the main issue [apparent to me instantly as a fellow player of] was that Strife clearly was limited by the 'lot sizes' which makes a building as big as SH difficult to do [I mean it can be done, but it requires a huge amount of jiggery-pokery as it's inbuilt limitations and would ironically, take longer to do than either learning AutoCad or doing it by hand and scanning it.]

As for the weapons chart thing... well, I could try posting it but you'd thern have to edit it and sticky it, Great One...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:24 pm

AutoCading it would probably make for a better version than what I cooked up; I just used an isometric grid sheet and a pencil, and then cleared out the background color in Photoshop. Razz

I could add the weapons table, and some other things, to that Homebrewery link - makes it easier to update and add other info, and keep it linked in a top post.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:51 pm

Okay, I just set up that firearms table on page 2 of the link with the Chantry map - whacha think?
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:17 pm

That is, quite obviously an option; I frankly only considered forum posts on the basis 'I know this and it seems to work'. And having just tried it, my browser's find/search works too. Only fly is that my measuring tool tells me it relatively eats internet which means it's not hugely viable for any possible player on slow/metered internet [like say, via phones]. However, your option does offer different options, for example doing an actual Boston map with Chantries/etc marked on it and so on.

Something for the Great One to consider...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6