Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downtime Planning Thread II

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Downtime Planning Thread II - Page 3 Empty Re: Downtime Planning Thread II

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:32 pm

In no special order...

#1: Laybrinth tour/cleanup. I think it would make a good IC scene because it will allow a) Great One to flesh it out and b) the PCs to discuss what the hell to do with it. Also needs to be searched properly; it never was if I recall.

#2: The clean-up/securing of the Fernald needs to be done. Shall we say it's a job more organised along Tradition [ie Etherites] than Chantry, and was done on Monday? One thing they'll need to do is a *full* sweep of the place [It's a massive site, with some ~20 remaining major buildings] - Nick personally wants to a) find that Blue Transit [used in kidnappings] and b) find out *how* the Fallen located the Kinfolk.

#3: Do any Ratkin offer any assistance for the recovering Kinfolk? Now, speaking purely OOC if none do [or more correctly, none more than Strawberry] it will push the 'Kinfolk Deserve Better!' story arc to the top of Nick's list. Now, if you don't OOC want this to dominate having 'a bit' of help from them [perhaps a few doing it as part of their 'help the homeless' duty for serving Rat] would make the issue a bit less... urgent in Nick's mind. Plus, an update on their recovery would be nice. Esp Trina.

#4: Detailing the 'loot' recovered form the various sites. Personally, think #7 should answered first.

#5: Rat-spirit. Purely OOC, was thinking - possibly - making it a Retainer. Thoughts?

#6: Trying to work out who are currently 'guests' at the chantry. Currently the list is; Lilyandra, Big Chris and Thomas the clone. Then there's apparently a couple of other vampires, perhaps a few redshirt Fallen and also the Kisayid currently at the villa [and the Toreador at Colin's workshop]. What's going to happen to all of them by the time the PC's leave for Horizon?

#7: We need a system of dividing loot. As Steelhaven is a Hermetic chantry, it's most likely a system already exists. I suggest we use the 'prize fund' system which was used in RL navies. In short, it works like this;

- When taken, all items are valued and put into a 'prize fund'.
- Valuations shall be done by the Deacons [with help from other people when needed]
- Items below the value of say, $200 are exempt. Finders keepers.
- The prize fund has say, 10% - 20% tax levied on the fund by the Chantry.
- Afterwards, the fund will be divided by all the members present on the mission.
- Payments are in cash and/or kind - ie if someone wants one of the books, guns etc they'll have to pay it's 'loot value'.
- The choice in items are done by rank.
- The Chantry itself has first dibs on any item taken. But it will have to pay for it too.
- All unwanted loot is sold off by the Chantry.

The main advantage I feel is this; it would be easier to run as an ST, as all you'd need to do is work out the rough 'loot value' of the place, subtract the Chantry tax then divide that number by the number of persons on the mission. I suspect that generally speaking we've already mentally noted what items the PC would want and so everything else can simply become generic vendor trash and is unloaded by the Chantry off-screen.

#8: Still need a new leaving date for Horizon. For the reasons I gave right at the start of the thread I picked Tues evening / Wed morning, but naturally it's up to you. Just that it's something which we need to know for if there's more time, a few other scenes can be squeezed in.

#9: Has Alessia had any luck yet cracking the items on the servers?

#10: Any updates on the fallout from Seattle? The victims they recovered, vampire reaction to the kidnapping and so on?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:50 pm

#1: Laybrinth tour/cleanup. I think it would make a good IC scene because it will allow a) Great One to flesh it out and b) the PCs to discuss what the hell to do with it. Also needs to be searched properly; it never was if I recall.

Sure we can do that.

#2: The clean-up/securing of the Fernald needs to be done. Shall we say it's a job more organised along Tradition [ie Etherites] than Chantry, and was done on Monday? One thing they'll need to do is a *full* sweep of the place [It's a massive site, with some ~20 remaining major buildings] - Nick personally wants to a) find that Blue Transit [used in kidnappings] and b) find out *how* the Fallen located the Kinfolk.

The Ethrites ca organiz the sarch not a problem. id you want to mak a sce of it or just for m to pot thersult. Mondey is fine.

#3: Do any Ratkin offer any assistance for the recovering Kinfolk? Now, speaking purely OOC if none do [or more correctly, none more than Strawberry] it will push the 'Kinfolk Deserve Better!' story arc to the top of Nick's list. Now, if you don't OOC want this to dominate having 'a bit' of help from them [perhaps a few doing it as part of their 'help the homeless' duty for serving Rat] would make the issue a bit less... urgent in Nick's mind. Plus, an update on their recovery would be nice. Esp Trina.

The Ratkin will to offer ay aid with their kinfolk what so ever they do not care nor do they ahve the rsources to do much. trawbrry helps out though. Sure we can do that story arc. The thig is Ratki really do nto ahve much they can do they do nto have th rsources to care or a bunch of wounded traumatized ppol, most o them live o the street and that is i additio to thm not caring very much about huma kinfolk so it is to realistic that they will offer any help. Helping the homeless is a bit differet thye can gt some food or fight off a bully, they do not hav beds and medical prsonel to help the wounded. I will kp taps on Trina.

I will wit mor latr D&D now.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:41 pm

#1: Okay.

#2: No need for a scene, though having a few details of the event fleshed out here would be nice.

#3: I think you misunderstand. It's not the inability of the Ratkin to say, run a hospital which will piss Nicole off, it's if they offer nothing to help, that they express no care whatsover. They might not have Resources per se, but a lot of them are good scavangers/thieves so it's not beyond their abilities to give, say a few bags of stolen food, some used clothing and perhaps the contents of a couple of stolen wallets. It might not be that useful/helpful, but it's a sign that they do care, if only a little bit. This would couple with their Totem's demands - if you're forced to help human homeless, it might as well be 'their' humans.

If nobody gives a damn, it will put all the onus on Nick to do 'sort it out'. This will mean she'll basically ignore all other quests after Horizon. I'm trying to make the above issue more an example of 'useless rat-atives' than actually shitty ones. Unless you want Nicole to end up actively hating all Ratkin...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3