Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

4 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:08 am

[Steelhaven Hall, Tuesday Morning]

Colin nodded, "No, so long as Entropy is part of a healthy cycle, it's a good thing - the Fallen idea of it, on the other hand... well, no matter."

"And yet you never mentioned how much Entropy only that you used kindness to balance it, which to me sound strange for to me Entropy is not kind or unkind it just is."
Kira replied.

He chuckled, "Thank you, I'm sure it will work out just fine."

The apprentice just raised an eyebrow at that.

He smiled thinly, "Battlecruiser Handler, as a matter of fact. And a great boon it is - I might be able to contact her in the Deep, if needs must be, but for now, well... I'll drop off the odd care package in the Umbra, and hope she'll swing by to find it. We have a system in place that should work."

I see I am sure she appreciate that."
Kira replied.

(OOC: What more need to be done in this thread? Should I make a new one since this one is at 31 pages?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:42 am

Anja wrote:"And yet you never mentioned how much Entropy only that you used kindness to balance it, which to me sound strange for to me Entropy is not kind or unkind it just is."
Kira replied.
Colin grinned, "Hm, you got me there. No, Entropy itself isn't unkind... but highly Entropic people can very much be cruel and vicious. It's the aspect of breaking down people and bonds between people... It is, I suppose, very similar to how Static people can be cruel in enforcing unfair and oppressive social structures, or Dynamic can be overly energetic and indiscriminate in applying violence..."

Anja wrote:I see I am sure she appreciate that."
Kira replied.
He nodded, "Her legal standing with the Traditions is up for discussion, even... I don't think she'll come back to a burgeoning feast in Concordia, being bound to a Battlecruiser as she is, but I suspect she'll at least be deemed legally acceptable to interact with."

((OOC: I don't think there's more needing doing, maybe a rough summary of what's recovered from the Labyrinth, in terms of resources left behind by the Nephandi, but that's about it.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:46 pm

Colin grinned, "Hm, you got me there. No, Entropy itself isn't unkind... but highly Entropic people can very much be cruel and vicious. It's the aspect of breaking down people and bonds between people... It is, I suppose, very similar to how Static people can be cruel in enforcing unfair and oppressive social structures, or Dynamic can be overly energetic and indiscriminate in applying violence..."

"So can highly Dynamic and Static people as well, so seeing you also agree the other two can be cruel as well how is it specifically that kindness would counteract Entropy?"
Kira asked sounding doubtful.

He nodded, "Her legal standing with the Traditions is up for discussion, even... I don't think she'll come back to a burgeoning feast in Concordia, being bound to a Battlecruiser as she is, but I suspect she'll at least be deemed legally acceptable to interact with."

"I see and I wish her the best but I do not know this person so yeah...well best of luck I guess."
Kira muttered.

(OOC: There would be personal items, jewelry, books, ritual equipment, Tass, some weapons, torture tools, more torture tools, allot more torture tools, all the torture tools, clothes, furniture, some computers and what else you can expect from a place where a couple of dozen people have made their home. Even the Twin's rooms would not hold that much of interest other than some personal effects.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:27 pm

Anja wrote:"So can highly Dynamic and Static people as well, so seeing you also agree the other two can be cruel as well how is it specifically that kindness would counteract Entropy?"
Kira asked sounding doubtful.
Colin smiled, slightly wistfully, "It's called Callahan's Law, from some very good sci-fi books... 'Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy'. The series is not about high adventure in space, or giant robots, or winning battles with superior firepower, just a group of people being kind and making the world a less shitty place by the simple act of sharing their joys and sorrows... Or in the words of Tolkien, 'It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.' They might seem like naïve notions to you, but there's surprisingly great power in small acts of good."

Anja wrote:"I see and I wish her the best but I do not know this person so yeah...well best of luck I guess."
Kira muttered.
He grinned, "You know, it's not entirely impossible you can get to meet her someday. Something of a long shot, but not impossible. If you behave."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:25 pm

Colin smiled, slightly wistfully, "It's called Callahan's Law, from some very good sci-fi books... 'Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy'. The series is not about high adventure in space, or giant robots, or winning battles with superior firepower, just a group of people being kind and making the world a less shitty place by the simple act of sharing their joys and sorrows... Or in the words of Tolkien, 'It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.' They might seem like naïve notions to you, but there's surprisingly great power in small acts of good."

"I guess we all have different tastes in reading."
Kira replied with a shrug.
"You do you hope it works out for you."

He grinned, "You know, it's not entirely impossible you can get to meet her someday. Something of a long shot, but not impossible. If you behave."

"Oh fantastic I might get to meet someone I have no connection to, do nto care about and have no history with one day now my life is complete how will I contain my excitement."
Kira replied sarcastically.
"Listen man I know this is your friend, and that is great and all I am sure she is a nice person but I have no particular interest in meeting her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:47 pm

Anja wrote:"Oh fantastic I might get to meet someone I have no connection to, do nto care about and have no history with one day now my life is complete how will I contain my excitement."
Kira replied sarcastically.
"Listen man I know this is your friend, and that is great and all I am sure she is a nice person but I have no particular interest in meeting her."
Colin chuckled, "Well, you don't have to - I just thought you might find the Handler of a Battlecruiser intriguing. And one who was alive to see the Schism War, at that..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:46 pm

Colin chuckled, "Well, you don't have to - I just thought you might find the Handler of a Battlecruiser intriguing. And one who was alive to see the Schism War, at that..."

"Yeah sure she would be interesting but as a big if you are good you might get to meet her one day no, I am not that interested."
Kira replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:11 am

(OOC: I guess that is the end of this thread then. 2 exp for everyone for this downtime thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31