Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

4 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:40 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, Tuesday Morning]

Colin sighed as he sipped his own cup of tea, "You know, Kira, of those contacts of Kallan's decide to silence him as a security measure... that just means that Traditionalists will be getting away with their mischief. Is that any more palatable?"

"More palatable than my Mentor being Gilgulled? Absolutely. What do I care if Traditionalists betray one another, why should I be willing to betray Kallen in order to make sure he do not get killed before Gilgul and make sure Traditionalist traitors get punished? You have nothing to bargain with here."
Kira said shaking her head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:04 pm

Anja wrote:"More palatable than my Mentor being Gilgulled? Absolutely. What do I care if Traditionalists betray one another, why should I be willing to betray Kallen in order to make sure he do not get killed before Gilgul and make sure Traditionalist traitors get punished? You have nothing to bargain with here."
Kira said shaking her head.
Colin sighed, "Master Steelhaven, I don't think I have anything solid to offer her. Can you think of any legal precedent that could save Kallan's soul, if not his life? I will take any shot I can get... the man fell to despair, to the desire to end pain, not to inflict it on others... his soul may well be salvaged."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:52 am

Colin sighed, "Master Steelhaven, I don't think I have anything solid to offer her. Can you think of any legal precedent that could save Kallan's soul, if not his life? I will take any shot I can get... the man fell to despair, to the desire to end pain, not to inflict it on others... his soul may well be salvaged."

"It would have been far easier to save his life Mr Wainwright, talking the Nine Primi into letting him live after...could be done but just executing a Nephandus means you will have a widderslainte on your hands. There are only two ways a Fallen can escape Gilgul, one if they are the apprentice of someone of good standing who is willing to control and vouch for them and the second if one of the Primi themselves decided to pardon the convicted party, needless to say this is not easy to do."
George said and he gave Kira a sympathetic look.
"That is the problem with our policies it give us little leeway to offer intensives to talk, then again it do avoid an increase in widderslaintes."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:01 am

Anja wrote:"It would have been far easier to save his life Mr Wainwright, talking the Nine Primi into letting him live after...could be done but just executing a Nephandus means you will have a widderslainte on your hands. There are only two ways a Fallen can escape Gilgul, one if they are the apprentice of someone of good standing who is willing to control and vouch for them and the second if one of the Primi themselves decided to pardon the convicted party, needless to say this is not easy to do."
George said and he gave Kira a sympathetic look.
"That is the problem with our policies it give us little leeway to offer intensives to talk, then again it do avoid an increase in widderslaintes."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "...The issue I have with that is that the Nephandi - well, older members, at least - know that a Fallen Avatar can be reverted. Gilgul is an excessive punishment... hum, how many Primi would be needed to spare him? Given the upcoming events... there are a few that might be swayed. And there is the matter of Kallan's reincarnated apprentices..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:59 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "...The issue I have with that is that the Nephandi - well, older members, at least - know that a Fallen Avatar can be reverted. Gilgul is an excessive punishment... hum, how many Primi would be needed to spare him? Given the upcoming events... there are a few that might be swayed. And there is the matter of Kallan's reincarnated apprentices..."

"All Primi have the right to pardon someone though off course if they go against the others that would be a political suicide. It is a fail safe, you need a overwhelming majority to sentence someone to Gilgul but one single Primi can pardon the convicted but unless there is very good reasons to do so that Primi is likely to be forced from their seat and their Tradition would fall in status."
George replied.
"Not many are willing to do that to save a Nephandi even if there is a small chance he can be redeemed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:26 pm

Anja wrote:"All Primi have the right to pardon someone though off course if they go against the others that would be a political suicide. It is a fail safe, you need a overwhelming majority to sentence someone to Gilgul but one single Primi can pardon the convicted but unless there is very good reasons to do so that Primi is likely to be forced from their seat and their Tradition would fall in status."
George replied.
"Not many are willing to do that to save a Nephandi even if there is a small chance he can be redeemed."
Colin nodded, "I... can think of information he might possess that could expose some very... deep-seated corruption. Given enough information to go on to dig it all out... might be enough. That aside, any chance of a stay of sentencing, perhaps? An opportunity to live a long life with his Avatar intact? Not a full pardon, but a... postponement?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:06 pm

Colin nodded, "I... can think of information he might possess that could expose some very... deep-seated corruption. Given enough information to go on to dig it all out... might be enough. That aside, any chance of a stay of sentencing, perhaps? An opportunity to live a long life with his Avatar intact? Not a full pardon, but a... postponement?"

"It is doubtful, keeping mages prisoner is costly and difficult, a few weeks might be bought but a full life no that is not likely to be grated."
George said with a sigh. Kira looked sadly away.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:33 pm

Anja wrote:"It is doubtful, keeping mages prisoner is costly and difficult, a few weeks might be bought but a full life no that is not likely to be grated."
George said with a sigh. Kira looked sadly away.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well... we are Mages; a few weeks might be all we need to pull off the impossible..."
He sipped his tea and arched an eyebrow at George, "I... don't suppose you have any insights into that that might ease Kira's mind?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:49 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well... we are Mages; a few weeks might be all we need to pull off the impossible..."
He sipped his tea and arched an eyebrow at George, "I... don't suppose you have any insights into that that might ease Kira's mind?"

"I can not say much to reassure your young guest Mr Waimnwright, you manged to save Anna due to her age but mostly because her heart condition means she would not survive."
George stopped and looked at Anna who nodded with a grim look in her eyes.
"I know. The only reason I get to keep my soul is due to being shot in the chest."
She muttered and George nodded.
"Indeed, trying to do the rite on her would only result in her dying and creating a widderslainte, a very traumatized widderslainte and that would not be good for anyone so keeping her alive and under ehm...adult supervision is the best solution. Kira is saved due to her not being fully initiated into the Nephandi and because Lady Crexia herself want her for a student and few deny Lady Crexia what she want."
The old Hermetic continued.
"Other than that the ones saved are widderslaintes who are saved due to a legal precedence created by Master Senex when he refused to hand over his student Amanda, however for a full fledged Nephandus nothing can be done. If he wish to it can probably be arranged that he is left alive after...but few would want that. Perhaps some comforts can be given to him in his cell and a few weeks can be bought but to save his Avatar? I do not see that as possible."
George said softly and tears starts streaming down Kira's face.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:04 pm

Anja wrote:"I can not say much to reassure your young guest Mr Waimnwright, you manged to save Anna due to her age but mostly because her heart condition means she would not survive."
George stopped and looked at Anna who nodded with a grim look in her eyes.
"I know. The only reason I get to keep my soul is due to being shot in the chest."
She muttered and George nodded.
"Indeed, trying to do the rite on her would only result in her dying and creating a widderslainte, a very traumatized widderslainte and that would not be good for anyone so keeping her alive and under ehm...adult supervision is the best solution. Kira is saved due to her not being fully initiated into the Nephandi and because Lady Crexia herself want her for a student and few deny Lady Crexia what she want."
The old Hermetic continued.
"Other than that the ones saved are widderslaintes who are saved due to a legal precedence created by Master Senex when he refused to hand over his student Amanda, however for a full fledged Nephandus nothing can be done. If he wish to it can probably be arranged that he is left alive after...but few would want that. Perhaps some comforts can be given to him in his cell and a few weeks can be bought but to save his Avatar? I do not see that as possible."
George said softly and tears starts streaming down Kira's face.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, gently stroking Kira's hair to comfort her, "Then... perhaps we need to move the timetable up; if he can give us something solid, the next Seat of Forces might extend that pardon..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:17 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, gently stroking Kira's hair to comfort her, "Then... perhaps we need to move the timetable up; if he can give us something solid, the next Seat of Forces might extend that pardon..."

Kira sobbed but at least she did not pull away from you. George sigh.
"Not likely if the new Seat of Forces go against what all the other Primi wishes he will have to leave his Seat, few are willing to do that, and would the Traditions want that?"
The old mage asked softly as he gave Kira a concerned look.
"I am sorry child."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:38 am

Anja wrote:Kira sobbed but at least she did not pull away from you. George sigh.
"Not likely if the new Seat of Forces go against what all the other Primi wishes he will have to leave his Seat, few are willing to do that, and would the Traditions want that?"
The old mage asked softly as he gave Kira a concerned look.
"I am sorry child."
Colin nodded, "I am sorry to have that confirmed... Still doesn't mean I won't try. It's all I can do."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:37 am

Colin nodded, "I am sorry to have that confirmed... Still doesn't mean I won't try. It's all I can do."

"Thank you."
Kira muttered she wiped her tears away.
"Kallen must be so scared...waiting for...waiting for that..."
She whispered.
"And there is nothing that can be done to help him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:52 am

Anja wrote:"Thank you."
Kira muttered she wiped her tears away.
"Kallen must be so scared...waiting for...waiting for that..."
She whispered.
"And there is nothing that can be done to help him."
Colin smiled thinly, "I wouldn't quite say there's nothing to be done... I found some of his past apprentices reincarnated; I can find them again, see if they're willing to speak with him. It might not give him another hour, but it may well make the time he has more bearable, if not actually pleasant."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:47 am

Colin smiled thinly, "I wouldn't quite say there's nothing to be done... I found some of his past apprentices reincarnated; I can find them again, see if they're willing to speak with him. It might not give him another hour, but it may well make the time he has more bearable, if not actually pleasant."

"I think Kallen would like that, to meet the reincarnations of his lost apprentices."
Kira said wiping her tears again.
"I would be grateful if you could set that up for him, perhaps it will give him some comfort before..."
She muttered sadly.

(OOC: I am heading home to Sotra by train today so I will be a bit busy, I will try to get the other thread replied to as well before I go.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:49 am

Anja wrote:"I think Kallen would like that, to meet the reincarnations of his lost apprentices."
Kira said wiping her tears again.
"I would be grateful if you could set that up for him, perhaps it will give him some comfort before..."
She muttered sadly.
Colin nodded, "I was already going to, child. You never know what might happen, when you get a little light into someone's life..."

((OOC: Safe trip.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:52 am

Colin nodded, "I was already going to, child. You never know what might happen, when you get a little light into someone's life..."

"Thank you."
Kira said then she sigh.
"Very well if you promise to try to find the reincarnations of my Mentor's lost apprentices I will answer one question, but only one."
She offered.

(OOC: Thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:22 pm

Anja wrote:"Thank you."
Kira said then she sigh.
"Very well if you promise to try to find the reincarnations of my Mentor's lost apprentices I will answer one question, but only one."
She offered.
Colin nodded, "Alright, then - a simple question, then; the names and identities of the people referenced in the letter, as many as you know?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:30 pm

Colin nodded, "Alright, then - a simple question, then; the names and identities of the people referenced in the letter, as many as you know?"

"Yeah no, that is re formulating all yoru former questions into one, do I look stupid I said one question, one of the original questions. I am offering it as a favor for a favor I have no interest in helping you."
Kira replied sternly.

(OOC: Aaaaaand I did not manage to get home, ti was to dangerous to drive to Hønefoss to get to the train due to the weather, and beside the train is several hours late so it is a good thing I am not on it, the weather is wrenching havoc with the signal system.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:44 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah no, that is re formulating all yoru former questions into one, do I look stupid I said one question, one of the original questions. I am offering it as a favor for a favor I have no interest in helping you."
Kira replied sternly.
Colin arched an eyebrow and looked to George, "I fear your House lost badly when Crexia adopted Kira first..."
He shook his head, "Alright, then... what can you tell me about the Twins mentioned?"

((OOC: Bleh. Better to stay safe indoors, then, but still...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:32 am

Colin arched an eyebrow and looked to George, "I fear your House lost badly when Crexia adopted Kira first..."
He shook his head, "Alright, then... what can you tell me about the Twins mentioned?"

"Oh she is a sharp one that is for sure."
George said soundign amused. Kira nodded.
"Very well I can reply but you will not believe me. They are Traditionalist turncoats, Order of Hermes, House Guernicus I believe. Vittoria and...oh what was her brother's name? Dominic...Damien something like that D'Angelo. If you don't believe me then know they visit the Labyritnh so often they have their own room so you should be able to find proof there. Jace thinks they have a chance to join with some spirit thingy and become Moloch. Further more they are the offspring of Lord Steel the Duke of Hate. I am not sure how that work I think he possessed their father or something, but they are his blessed children."
The former Nephanda said with a shrug.
"Believe me or not it is up to you it is the truth."
George looked at Colin for a moment.
"Oh...we believe you child."
He muttered.
"We believe you."

(OOC: Yeah it is chaos over here emergency services are running themselves ragged with everyone who run of the road.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:15 am

Anja wrote:"Oh she is a sharp one that is for sure."
George said soundign amused. Kira nodded.
"Very well I can reply but you will not believe me. They are Traditionalist turncoats, Order of Hermes, House Guernicus I believe. Vittoria and...oh what was her brother's name? Dominic...Damien something like that D'Angelo. If you don't believe me then know they visit the Labyritnh so often they have their own room so you should be able to find proof there. Jace thinks they have a chance to join with some spirit thingy and become Moloch. Further more they are the offspring of Lord Steel the Duke of Hate. I am not sure how that work I think he possessed their father or something, but they are his blessed children."
The former Nephanda said with a shrug.
"Believe me or not it is up to you it is the truth."
George looked at Colin for a moment.
"Oh...we believe you child."
He muttered.
"We believe you."
Colin frowned, eyes darkening, "Kira... would you have that cup of inky tea, for your sworn testimony on that? Because I met with... 'daddy dearest', and he was not so keen on seeing what his children would become. Not only do I believe you, you just filled in a few gaps in what we already strongly suspected."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:56 pm

Colin frowned, eyes darkening, "Kira... would you have that cup of inky tea, for your sworn testimony on that? Because I met with... 'daddy dearest', and he was not so keen on seeing what his children would become. Not only do I believe you, you just filled in a few gaps in what we already strongly suspected."

"I mean I guess I could as long as it will not read out anythign else."
Kira said.
"No child the rote is rather directed it would nto do to have a testimony mixed in with, I wonder what that cute boy at the convenience store is doing and this pillow is to thin my behind hurt. It will just write out the situation intended."
George said and Kira sigh.
"Very well...but what did you mean you suspected it?"
Kira asked as she accepted some sheets of paper and a cup of tea from George.
"And you met Lord Steel...and lived to tell the tale?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:36 pm

Anja wrote:"I mean I guess I could as long as it will not read out anythign else."
Kira said.
"No child the rote is rather directed it would nto do to have a testimony mixed in with, I wonder what that cute boy at the convenience store is doing and this pillow is to thin my behind hurt. It will just write out the situation intended."
George said and Kira sigh.
"Very well...but what did you mean you suspected it?"
Kira asked as she accepted some sheets of paper and a cup of tea from George.
"And you met Lord Steel...and lived to tell the tale?"
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, now... we already knew the Twins were deeply involved in the whole Nephandi mess, but hard proof is difficult to come by. As for Lord Steel... I don't think he likes me very much, but I showed him the outcome if Moloch rises, confirmed by the Aswadim of Time, and he disliked that future more than me. So I convinced him to just leave the battlefield to the living. Suffice to say, I have... unusual connections, though I'll be glad to not run into the Aswadim again, ever. It was unsettling enough the first time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:43 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, now... we already knew the Twins were deeply involved in the whole Nephandi mess, but hard proof is difficult to come by. As for Lord Steel... I don't think he likes me very much, but I showed him the outcome if Moloch rises, confirmed by the Aswadim of Time, and he disliked that future more than me. So I convinced him to just leave the battlefield to the living. Suffice to say, I have... unusual connections, though I'll be glad to not run into the Aswadim again, ever. It was unsettling enough the first time."

"You have friends in high places."
Kira replied as ink flowed from her fingers to write her testimony on the page.
"I ahve to wonder though what exactly is this Moloch everyone seam to really want or really not want?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next