Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

4 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:13 pm

[Shuttle]

Serge's Post:

A moment's silence as this went in. 'And how many times has this introvert fantasy artist been in ink-shops to like, observe the clientele?'

Anja's Post:

'And ex-cons.' Nicole mused, not overly paying attention.

Serge's Post:

'Look...' giving a little sigh, feeling a bit sorry for the kid. 'There's basically, two questions here. One, ability to support yourself and two, your cover story for the outside world. How you do these is like, totally up to you, but it will need to be done at some point. If you don't want to do it through art, then find something else. I know a Verbena who does it through antiquing. Guy only works a day a week, lives fatter than I do.'

Anja's Post :

'Or... just not draw on the floor?' she quipped. 'The Hemetic at Dry Dock used to do all that stuff on their tablet... whatever that was.'

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:12 pm

[So Not The Event Horizon]

Colin nodded, "We understand one another perfectly."

The Pattern Spider ignored you and kept at it's repairs. Given enough time it might even knit the ship back together as this was a fairly large one, perhaps of wolf spider rank rather than a basic Pattern Spider.

He shrugged, "Seems friendly enough, or rather, neutral. How it ended up here... he mentioned an improperly closed portal - might be courtesy of the Mage who attacked the ship, when they departed... but I don't know if the chap can explain it in a manner that makes sense to us."

"Yes that do make a sound theory, well I guess we just leave it alone to do it's thing for now."
Amadeus said glancing back at the Pattern Spiders.
"It is kind of...astonishing to know physical reality are maintained by these guys."

He looked around the room, "I'm inclined to agree, this looks like they were killed on impact... everything went sideways suddenly; Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest man in space. Hum... you know, this reminds me of when Lady Ceris came after us. The fuel tanks were untouched, a confused Pattern Spider doesn't quite know why he's here, but he was supposed to fix a bad portal - you don't suppose this could have been an unfortunate chance encounter with a cranky Marauder, an accidental hit and run?"

"Well if this attack is as random as it seamed to be, then a Marauder attack seam a plausible theory."
Amadeus said.
"At least we found their faction."
He said and he held up a pin he had taken off the dead woman's shirt, a pin showing the symbol of the Void Engineers.
"We should contact the Umbra docks to let them know this ship is here so the Void Engineers can collect their dead."

He carefully stepped around the bodies, headed for where he assumed the cockpit would be, "Gods, I hope the pilot is at least somewhat intact..."

You left though a door in the machine room and came into a small hallway and from there into the cockpit, here to everything was thrown about and the floor was littered with broken coffee mugs, chairs and tow more bodies, these bodies though looked like they had been killed suddenly and quickly if brutally by a sudden stop. There was movement here though, a somewhat humanoid being that looked like it was made of steel, cogwheels and strange tubes filled with something blue and desperately working on the broken control panel, extracting bits of a killed crew member in order to try to get control back to the bridge. The construct turned when you entered the room, it had a broken arm and sparks flew from several injuries but it had fared better being thrown around than it's flesh and blood friends.
"Who...go there?"
The construct asked.
"I am a pilot...I am not armed..."

[Shuttle]

'And ex-cons.' Nicole mused, not overly paying attention.

"I spent four months in jail for punching the abusive asshole of a father of one of the kids I train in the face...a ehm...few times."
Marian said.
"Perhaps I would fit in that category, and Adjan as well, he Awakened in juvie."

'Look...' giving a little sigh, feeling a bit sorry for the kid. 'There's basically, two questions here. One, ability to support yourself and two, your cover story for the outside world. How you do these is like, totally up to you, but it will need to be done at some point. If you don't want to do it through art, then find something else. I know a Verbena who does it through antiquing. Guy only works a day a week, lives fatter than I do.'

Jeffry nodded approvingly at that.

'Or... just not draw on the floor?' she quipped. 'The Hemetic at Dry Dock used to do all that stuff on their tablet... whatever that was.'

"Tell it to the mystics."
Aton said.
"Cgalk is an important tool, I do have a wax tablet though."
Jeffry replied.
"Yeah man, I don't think that is the kind of tablet she meant."
The Etherite commented and Jeffry just looked confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:00 pm

[Shuttle]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm?' she replied, having drifted off for a moment there, thinking of her mother's views on... well, almost anything she was. Well, perhaps she'd chanced in a dozen years... 'Train?' giving a puzzled look.

Anja's Post:

'What's that?' genuinely confused.

Anja's Post:

While Colin was on the ship, Nicole back on the shuttle tried a few things to partly cure her boredom. Fiddled with the sensors to see if she could get any details on the ship, moved the shuttle around so they could get a better view of the damage. Gesturing the two fellow Etherites to remain, she'll ask the pair whether they were able to give any clues on origin, size and capabilities of the ship. As well as if she worked anything more out.

[Do any rolls you feel are needed, Great One.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:26 am

Anja wrote:The Pattern Spider ignored you and kept at it's repairs. Given enough time it might even knit the ship back together as this was a fairly large one, perhaps of wolf spider rank rather than a basic Pattern Spider.
Colin gave the repairs a thoughtful look; the work was impressive...

Anja wrote:"Yes that do make a sound theory, well I guess we just leave it alone to do it's thing for now."
Amadeus said glancing back at the Pattern Spiders.
"It is kind of...astonishing to know physical reality are maintained by these guys."
He nodded, "Yes... they're quite impressive, beings of Stasis, of maintenance and continuation... Best not to do anything to upset them, hmm?"

Anja wrote:"Well if this attack is as random as it seamed to be, then a Marauder attack seam a plausible theory."
Amadeus said.
"At least we found their faction."
He said and he held up a pin he had taken off the dead woman's shirt, a pin showing the symbol of the Void Engineers.
"We should contact the Umbra docks to let them know this ship is here so the Void Engineers can collect their dead."
He nodded, "Hum, agreed... do you have any good ideas for a homing beacon, though? We found it by random chance, after all, locating it won't be, ah, a matter of putting a pin on a map."

Anja wrote:You left though a door in the machine room and came into a small hallway and from there into the cockpit, here to everything was thrown about and the floor was littered with broken coffee mugs, chairs and tow more bodies, these bodies though looked like they had been killed suddenly and quickly if brutally by a sudden stop. There was movement here though, a somewhat humanoid being that looked like it was made of steel, cogwheels and strange tubes filled with something blue and desperately working on the broken control panel, extracting bits of a killed crew member in order to try to get control back to the bridge. The construct turned when you entered the room, it had a broken arm and sparks flew from several injuries but it had fared better being thrown around than it's flesh and blood friends.
"Who...go there?"
The construct asked.
"I am a pilot...I am not armed..."
He stepped inside, "We mean no harm, we found the ship wrecked and came to look for survivors, or evidence of what happened. My condolences for your loss... can you tell us anything about who shot the ship down, and why?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:48 am

[Shuttle]

'Hmm?' she replied, having drifted off for a moment there, thinking of her mother's views on... well, almost anything she was. Well, perhaps she'd chanced in a dozen years... 'Train?' giving a puzzled look.

"You joked to your friend about those who get tattoos and the stereotypes he have about such people and you said do not forget the ex cons, and I commented that well both me and Adjan are actually ex cons and we both have tattoos."
Marian explained.

'What's that?' genuinely confused.

"It is a wooden frame with melted wax that you can write on with a stylus. It is a way to make notes not meant to last and not use more paper than you have to."
Jeffry explained.

While Colin was on the ship, Nicole back on the shuttle tried a few things to partly cure her boredom. Fiddled with the sensors to see if she could get any details on the ship, moved the shuttle around so they could get a better view of the damage. Gesturing the two fellow Etherites to remain, she'll ask the pair whether they were able to give any clues on origin, size and capabilities of the ship. As well as if she worked anything more out.

"It looks like a Void Engineer ship, some sort of research vessel."
Jac said as he glanced out of one of the window. What you find out is that there are cracks several places other than the tear, something had nearly crushed the hull.
"Anything of note Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry asked.

He nodded, "Yes... they're quite impressive, beings of Stasis, of maintenance and continuation... Best not to do anything to upset them, hmm?"

"Indeed it is best to leave them to work in peace."
Amadeus agreed.

He nodded, "Hum, agreed... do you have any good ideas for a homing beacon, though? We found it by random chance, after all, locating it won't be, ah, a matter of putting a pin on a map."

"I am sure Jeffry can set something up to be seen across some distance."
The old Verbena said.
"He is a Master of Spirit."

He stepped inside, "We mean no harm, we found the ship wrecked and came to look for survivors, or evidence of what happened. My condolences for your loss... can you tell us anything about who shot the ship down, and why?"

"Thank you, I can tell you what I know which is nto that much."
The construct said.
"We noticed a badly closed gate out from Earth, when we got there we found four wounded Pattern Spiders, we closed the gate and took the spirits on board planning to return them to Earth once our mission was done. Shortly after we saw on our sensors something massively Entropic, we changed course to go investigate and then something hit us...hard. I have not been able to find any other survivors than the spirits."
The pilot said.
"I do not know what hit us though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:06 am

[Shuttle]

Anja's Post:

'No, you said about training.'

Anja's Post:

Another silence. 'Why? Is there a paper shortage which nobody told me about?'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... that we might be rich people if we pull this off.' she replied, continuing to stare at the craft. 'So... you think we'd be able to move this thing without it falling to bits? Like, get it under tow or something?' glancing to Jac and gesturing him to take Colin's vacated seat for the moment.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:44 am

Anja wrote:"I am sure Jeffry can set something up to be seen across some distance."
The old Verbena said.
"He is a Master of Spirit."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Would he be willing to do that for the Union, though, is the question..."

Anja wrote:"Thank you, I can tell you what I know which is nto that much."
The construct said.
"We noticed a badly closed gate out from Earth, when we got there we found four wounded Pattern Spiders, we closed the gate and took the spirits on board planning to return them to Earth once our mission was done. Shortly after we saw on our sensors something massively Entropic, we changed course to go investigate and then something hit us...hard. I have not been able to find any other survivors than the spirits."
The pilot said.
"I do not know what hit us though."
He frowned, "Not a Marauder, then... a powerful Nephandus, perhaps. Hum, we found one Pattern Spider on board, you say there are three others present? That would make five consciousnesses... Anything else on board, that you know of, that can think? We... found no signs of the crew surviving, I'm afraid."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:49 am

[Shuttle]

'No, you said about training.'

"Ah yes off course...I the coach for a football team for troubled kids."
Marian said.
"It give me a chance to give back and help some kids who are on their way to really dark places find a better path."
The Euthanathos said proudly.

Another silence. 'Why? Is there a paper shortage which nobody told me about?'

"Ah...no just an old man's habit, paper was quite expensive when I was young so being able to make notes without the cost was a boon."
Jeffry said with a slight smile.

'Yeah... that we might be rich people if we pull this off.' she replied, continuing to stare at the craft. 'So... you think we'd be able to move this thing without it falling to bits? Like, get it under tow or something?' glancing to Jac and gesturing him to take Colin's vacated seat for the moment.

Jac sat down.
"Hum...possibly, it would be a strain in the engines but with what you can get for that little beauty out there in salvage you could cover the repair cost many times over."
He said as he took out his tablet again and connected it to a plug at the back of his skull with a wire, his eyes glazed over as he tapped at the tablet.
"Well shit...their Quintessence batteries are still mostly full, nicely, refined juice...yeah I think we can tow her with little trouble other than some repairs needing to be done once we are done."

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Would he be willing to do that for the Union, though, is the question..."

"That is indeed the question then again Jeffry is nothing if not honorable he would let the enemy claim their dead."
Amadeus replied.

He frowned, "Not a Marauder, then... a powerful Nephandus, perhaps. Hum, we found one Pattern Spider on board, you say there are three others present? That would make five consciousnesses... Anything else on board, that you know of, that can think? We... found no signs of the crew surviving, I'm afraid."

"I agree a Fallen is likely or someone with heavy Entropic resonance."
The construct said.
"That is correct, I got the two nano class Pattern Spiders to see if they could get our main computer back online, there are two wolf class who is probably wandering around, I have not been able to find any other survivors so the only thing else that can think around here are the fish swimming around the fish,"
He said and he looked down.
"They where a good crew...Traditionalist, that is what you are yes with the Traditions I surrender I can do nothing against you but I beg of you that my crew's bodies are returned to the Union for proper burial or that at least you let the Union know what have happened here so they can be properly mourned."
The construct said with a slight bow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:35 pm

[Shuttle]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

Anja's Post:

'Can you tell what systems are damaged from here? And more importantly, whether the ship still has... what's it called... structural integrity?' giving a frown, starting to try to formulate a plan though still keeping an eye out to whether whatever did this came back.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:42 pm

Anja wrote:"That is indeed the question then again Jeffry is nothing if not honorable he would let the enemy claim their dead."
Amadeus replied.
Colin nodded, "That he is - and I suppose the Void Engineers are more sympathetic than the other factions. Hm, if we can haul the ship to Horizon, we should be able to bring the crew back to Earth, even if we have to tow a freezer."

Anja wrote:"I agree a Fallen is likely or someone with heavy Entropic resonance."
The construct said.
"That is correct, I got the two nano class Pattern Spiders to see if they could get our main computer back online, there are two wolf class who is probably wandering around, I have not been able to find any other survivors so the only thing else that can think around here are the fish swimming around the fish,"
He said and he looked down.
"They where a good crew...Traditionalist, that is what you are yes with the Traditions I surrender I can do nothing against you but I beg of you that my crew's bodies are returned to the Union for proper burial or that at least you let the Union know what have happened here so they can be properly mourned."
The construct said with a slight bow.
He nodded, "Your surrender is accepted; we harbour no ill will against the crew of this ship. I, too, am a pilot, and I will confer with my ship's owner what our practical options are. We might be able to haul the ship in as salvage and ferry you and the crew back to Earth in a few days' time when we head home - and in that regard, I have two important questions I need to ask you: First, will you be able to temporarily deactivate yourself, or enter a stasis mode for the duration? And second, are you able to erase identifying data regarding myself and my fellow Traditionalists, so that the Union cannot use our mission of mercy to track us down later?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:56 pm

[Shuttle]

Nicole wrote:A moment's silence as this went in. 'And how many times has this introvert fantasy artist been in ink-shops to like, observe the clientele?'

"I've been to a couple...wait hold on." Serge said scratching his head as he thought for a moment. "No wait those were dreams. Ok so I've never been but I can pretty much guess what their like. Besides there's a certain atmosphere that you need for a tattoo shop and I'm pretty sure I can't fulfill it."

Anja wrote:"No you will not Mr Yager, not until something happens that will force you to be independent and take more responsibility for your own life."
Jeffry said and he eyes Serge for a moment before he returned to looking out the window.
Nicole wrote:'Look...' giving a little sigh, feeling a bit sorry for the kid. 'There's basically, two questions here. One, ability to support yourself and two, your cover story for the outside world. How you do these is like, totally up to you, but it will need to be done at some point. If you don't want to do it through art, then find something else. I know a Verbena who does it through antiquing. Guy only works a day a week, lives fatter than I do.'

"I've answered those questions. Perhaps with a bit of help but they've been answered for a while now." Serge said with a sigh, "I appreciate that you care. Not a lot of people used to. But I don't think I could've survived this long if I didn't have those questions sorted."

Anja wrote:Jeffry lowered his voice so Kyle would nto hear and whispered.
"In Mr Wainwright's vision when we landed the Security Council came to arrest Kyle, led by an Adeptus Green. He was so brutal when arresting my apprentice he broke several bones in his hands. In addition he have nearly tortured to death Kallen, one of the Nephandi prisoners, a prisoner who's testimony we need, so we need to slow Green down."

Serge listened attentively and then said, "Am I allowed to tell this Master Babu? I feel like hearing this would help in getting those enforcers. Though I can understand if you want this to be kept a secret."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:49 am

[Shuttle]

'Can you tell what systems are damaged from here? And more importantly, whether the ship still has... what's it called... structural integrity?' giving a frown, starting to try to formulate a plan though still keeping an eye out to whether whatever did this came back.

"Let me see what I can do...yes there is structural integrity but the hull will need repairs. Hum...there are damage to several parts of the engine, but they are modular and can be replaced...their computer systems are down...the flow regulator for their batteries are shattered...this is strange it seams part of the hull is repairing itself.

"I've been to a couple...wait hold on." Serge said scratching his head as he thought for a moment. "No wait those were dreams. Ok so I've never been but I can pretty much guess what their like. Besides there's a certain atmosphere that you need for a tattoo shop and I'm pretty sure I can't fulfill it."

"I prefer a shop which is friendly and give an air of competence, cleanliness and general professionalism."
Marian commented.

Serge listened attentively and then said, "Am I allowed to tell this Master Babu? I feel like hearing this would help in getting those enforcers. Though I can understand if you want this to be kept a secret."

"Yes that should not be a problem Mr Yager."
Jeffry said and he looked at Colin.
"It was your vision are you in agreement with Mr Yager speaking about it with Master Babu?"
He asked.

Colin nodded, "That he is - and I suppose the Void Engineers are more sympathetic than the other factions. Hm, if we can haul the ship to Horizon, we should be able to bring the crew back to Earth, even if we have to tow a freezer."

"That would be a question for Miss Bouchard and the Etherites I believe, they will know if we can transport the ship to Horizon."
Amadeus replied.

He nodded, "Your surrender is accepted; we harbour no ill will against the crew of this ship. I, too, am a pilot, and I will confer with my ship's owner what our practical options are. We might be able to haul the ship in as salvage and ferry you and the crew back to Earth in a few days' time when we head home - and in that regard, I have two important questions I need to ask you: First, will you be able to temporarily deactivate yourself, or enter a stasis mode for the duration? And second, are you able to erase identifying data regarding myself and my fellow Traditionalists, so that the Union cannot use our mission of mercy to track us down later?"

"I have to off course protest the enemy taking our ship as salvage but it is also fair practice on the battlefield."
The construct said.
"That being said for me the only thing I care about is that the old girl get to fly again and that my crew mates gets proper funerals. I also have a responsibility to our four passengers, we did promise to return them to Earth."
He said then he sigh.
"Unfortunately I can not do what you ask, not completely I am not a toaster I can not just turn myself off or delete my memories, after all memories built on one another and my artificial brain are to complicated to just remove a file as it where. I do hwoever rest in a sleep like state while recharging, to let my mind deal with what it have experienced. I can potentially expand this sleep move beyond the few hours I rest normally."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:55 am

[Shuttle]

Serge's Post:

At this, the Etherite gave a grunt and left it at that; though it was rather clear she was a little... disappointed?

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... repair bots, auto-activation on damage?' she replied, giving a little frown. 'So... it shouldn't fall apart if moved. Any guess on if we can get power back, so it can move under own power?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:56 am

[Shuttle]
Jeremy wrote:Serge listened attentively and then said, "Am I allowed to tell this Master Babu? I feel like hearing this would help in getting those enforcers. Though I can understand if you want this to be kept a secret."
Anja wrote:"Yes that should not be a problem Mr Yager."
"It was your vision are you in agreement with Mr Yager speaking about it with Master Babu?"
He asked.
Colin nodded, "Absolutely, just let her know that discretion is advised. Given your Tradition's stance on prisoner abuse, I see no issue with letting her know about the situation, so she can better pick who to call in."

Anja wrote:"That would be a question for Miss Bouchard and the Etherites I believe, they will know if we can transport the ship to Horizon."
Amadeus replied.
He shrugged, "I would be surprised if they're not estimating the shuttle's lifting capacity and the explorer's mass... well, we'll have to ask them."

Anja wrote:"I have to off course protest the enemy taking our ship as salvage but it is also fair practice on the battlefield."
The construct said.
"That being said for me the only thing I care about is that the old girl get to fly again and that my crew mates gets proper funerals. I also have a responsibility to our four passengers, we did promise to return them to Earth."
He said then he sigh.
"Unfortunately I can not do what you ask, not completely I am not a toaster I can not just turn myself off or delete my memories, after all memories built on one another and my artificial brain are to complicated to just remove a file as it where. I do hwoever rest in a sleep like state while recharging, to let my mind deal with what it have experienced. I can potentially expand this sleep move beyond the few hours I rest normally."
He smiled thinly, "As you say, salvage is fair practice. Not to worry, with the Pattern Spiders already making repairs, I have no reason to believe she'd be scrapped - she'll fly again. And I will do what I can to ensure the crew and passengers get home. Hum, do you have body bags, or something similar, on board? If so, why don't you get started on securing the crew and their personal belongings while we check on our practical options?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:27 am

[Shuttle]

'Hmm... repair bots, auto-activation on damage?' she replied, giving a little frown. 'So... it shouldn't fall apart if moved. Any guess on if we can get power back, so it can move under own power?'

"I think some sort of auto repair bots are likely yes as for whatever or not the ship can be patched up enough to move on it's own power I would need to get over there to see."
Jac replied.
"She will not fall apart if towed though."

Colin nodded, "Absolutely, just let her know that discretion is advised. Given your Tradition's stance on prisoner abuse, I see no issue with letting her know about the situation, so she can better pick who to call in."

Jeffry nodded his agreement.
"You are clear to make the call and explain the situation then Mr Yager."
He announced.

He shrugged, "I would be surprised if they're not estimating the shuttle's lifting capacity and the explorer's mass... well, we'll have to ask them."

"I suspect so yes, we should bring the Etherites over here as soon as possible so they can see what can be done."
Amadeus replied.

He smiled thinly, "As you say, salvage is fair practice. Not to worry, with the Pattern Spiders already making repairs, I have no reason to believe she'd be scrapped - she'll fly again.

"Like I said all I can do is protest the Traditions taking possession of the ship. I am grateful she will fly again though."
The construct replied.

And I will do what I can to ensure the crew and passengers get home.

"Thank you."
The pilot replied.

Hum, do you have body bags, or something similar, on board? If so, why don't you get started on securing the crew and their personal belongings while we check on our practical options?"

"Body bags no, but we do have sheets and blankets."
The construct said and he looked sadly at his dead friends.
"I will take care of it."
He replied softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:55 am

[Shuttle]

Anja's Post:

'Alright... I ain't that great on the tech end, but like can do grunt-work. Never said... Aton, what do you know 'bout shipcraft and stuff?' turning around to look at the other Etherite. 'As for tools... well, I brought my toolbag, the shuttle's box. I assume the ship will have their own gear, but you never know... Did you two bring anything?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:02 pm

Anja wrote:"Like I said all I can do is protest the Traditions taking possession of the ship. I am grateful she will fly again though."
The construct replied.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "You know, I suppose you could defect and join our side - there'd be a period of initial distrust, of course, but you could make a comfortable existence for yourself. Well... it is an option."

Anja wrote:"Body bags no, but we do have sheets and blankets."
The construct said and he looked sadly at his dead friends.
"I will take care of it."
He replied softly.
He nodded, "I'll... check if we have some suitable gear in the shuttle, though I doubt it - but one of the passengers might be able to help fabricate something on the fly."

He turned back to Amadeus, "I think we've seen what we need to for now... Let's confer with the others, shall we?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:09 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "You know, I suppose you could defect and join our side - there'd be a period of initial distrust, of course, but you could make a comfortable existence for yourself. Well... it is an option."

"I am afraid I have to decline, a kind offer as it might be."
The construct said.
"I am loyal to my Convention."

He nodded, "I'll... check if we have some suitable gear in the shuttle, though I doubt it - but one of the passengers might be able to help fabricate something on the fly."

"Very well."
The Pilot agreed.
"Ah forgive my rudeness my name is Advanced Robotics Learning And Navigation Drone 5 Arland for short. I am pleased to meet you."
He said with a bow.

He turned back to Amadeus, "I think we've seen what we need to for now... Let's confer with the others, shall we?"

"Agreed, that will be easier if we return to the shuttle though."
The old Verbena agreed.

[Shuttle]

'Alright... I ain't that great on the tech end, but like can do grunt-work. Never said... Aton, what do you know 'bout shipcraft and stuff?' turning around to look at the other Etherite. 'As for tools... well, I brought my toolbag, the shuttle's box. I assume the ship will have their own gear, but you never know... Did you two bring anything?'

"Not that much I specialize in cybernetics, I have read some books and taken a few courses at the academy but I am not a ship tech."
Aton replied. Jac shook his head.
"Only basic gear, ship repair never really came up as an option but I will assume the salvage have tools on board in case they needed some fine tuning in flight."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:53 am

Anja wrote:"I am afraid I have to decline, a kind offer as it might be."
The construct said.
"I am loyal to my Convention."
Colin nodded, "Understandable, I can hardly fault you for being loyal. It is a noble trait."

Anja wrote:"Very well."
The Pilot agreed.
"Ah forgive my rudeness my name is Advanced Robotics Learning And Navigation Drone 5 Arland for short. I am pleased to meet you."
He said with a bow.
He bowed, as well, "A pleasure, Arland. I'm called John Steed - an alias, obviously, but I'm sure you can understand the reasoning for that."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, that will be easier if we return to the shuttle though."
The old Verbena agreed.
He nodded and offered the dagger back, hilt-first, "Let's go, then, Arland has things well in hand here... one of our Etherites might be able to help with the broken arm, too."

He quickly led the way back toward the shuttle, frowning a little at how it had moved around in his absence.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:04 am

Colin nodded, "Understandable, I can hardly fault you for being loyal. It is a noble trait."

The construct nodded at that.

He bowed, as well, "A pleasure, Arland. I'm called John Steed - an alias, obviously, but I'm sure you can understand the reasoning for that."

"Quite understandable Mr Steed."
The pilot said with a nod.

He nodded and offered the dagger back, hilt-first, "Let's go, then, Arland has things well in hand here... one of our Etherites might be able to help with the broken arm, too."

"I will prepare the dead, and thank you that would be appreciated."
Arland replied before he wandered off in search of sheets.
"Are you sure it is safe to leave him here unsupervised?"
Amadeus asked as he took his dagger and replaced it at his belt, he looked rather skeptical.

He quickly led the way back toward the shuttle, frowning a little at how it had moved around in his absence.

You found the shuttle eventually it seamed to be placed to better offer a fight if something went wrong. Nicole you hear Jeffry comment.
"There are Mr Wainwright and Amadeus let us let them on board and hear what they have to rapport."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:54 am

Anja wrote:"I will prepare the dead, and thank you that would be appreciated."
Arland replied before he wandered off in search of sheets.
"Are you sure it is safe to leave him here unsupervised?"
Amadeus asked as he took his dagger and replaced it at his belt, he looked rather skeptical.
Colin nodded, "As things stand, he has nothing to gain from attempting anything hostile, sabotaging the ship would be anathema to his very nature and foolish with the presence of four Pattern Spiders, and I don't think he could bring the ship home on his own even if it was fully operational... this one is a little more complex than our shuttle, after all. No, he'll tend to the crew's dignity until we return, I am quite sure of his sincerity. After all... he surrendered, and bringing the crew home for a proper burial seems more important than trying to hurt us. It is an excellent opportunity to do the decent thing."

Anja wrote:You found the shuttle eventually it seamed to be placed to better offer a fight if something went wrong. Nicole you hear Jeffry comment.
"There are Mr Wainwright and Amadeus let us let them on board and hear what they have to rapport."
He made it to the hatch and let himself and Amadeus on board, closing the exit before heading back to the cockpit, "Alright, Sir, there's a... small complication. To summarise, it appears the ship was shot down by a Nephandus; likely one about as powerful as you, or slightly above. All crew were killed on impact, though the pilot is an automaton, still functional... and there are four Pattern Spiders on board, sent by Lord Cobb to close an improperly closed portal. The explorer picked them up and sealed the portal, intending to bring them home with them, before the attack. The pilot isn't happy about us claiming the ship as salvage, but he surrendered, and he won't protest too hard if we bring him and the crew home for proper funereal arrangements - they're Void Engineers. Ah, and the attack apparently occurred only a few hours past."
He looked to the Etherites, "Ah, any of you think you can repair an automaton's broken arm? And do we have anything that can help serve as body bags on board? Also, do you think the shuttle is capable of hauling the explorer along to Concordia? I suspect it'll be a heavy lift, but it should just barely be within capacity... probably."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:41 pm

Colin nodded, "As things stand, he has nothing to gain from attempting anything hostile, sabotaging the ship would be anathema to his very nature and foolish with the presence of four Pattern Spiders, and I don't think he could bring the ship home on his own even if it was fully operational... this one is a little more complex than our shuttle, after all. No, he'll tend to the crew's dignity until we return, I am quite sure of his sincerity. After all... he surrendered, and bringing the crew home for a proper burial seems more important than trying to hurt us. It is an excellent opportunity to do the decent thing."

"Very well if you believe that is best I will accept your judgement."
Amadeus said but he still seamed a bit suspicious of Arland still.
"Let us return to the shuttle then."

He made it to the hatch and let himself and Amadeus on board, closing the exit before heading back to the cockpit, "Alright, Sir, there's a... small complication. To summarise, it appears the ship was shot down by a Nephandus; likely one about as powerful as you, or slightly above. All crew were killed on impact, though the pilot is an automaton, still functional... and there are four Pattern Spiders on board, sent by Lord Cobb to close an improperly closed portal. The explorer picked them up and sealed the portal, intending to bring them home with them, before the attack. The pilot isn't happy about us claiming the ship as salvage, but he surrendered, and he won't protest too hard if we bring him and the crew home for proper funereal arrangements - they're Void Engineers. Ah, and the attack apparently occurred only a few hours past."

"Do we know it was a Nephandus who attacked the ship?"
Jeffry asked after Colin had given his rapport.
"And this automaton, where is he now?"
He asked glancing out the window at the damaged Explorer.
"Four Pattern Spiders? Very well we are going to take the surviving crew member into custody and then see what can be done to bring the ship to Horizon, taking a ship from the Technocrazy and bringing needed resources to Steelhaven in one go is quite a boon though this Nephandus worry me. And yes we will make sure the dead are returned to Boston's Umbra port where they can be taken back to their own Constructs and Amalgams for burial."
He mushed.
"Any other information?"

He looked to the Etherites, "Ah, any of you think you can repair an automaton's broken arm? And do we have anything that can help serve as body bags on board? Also, do you think the shuttle is capable of hauling the explorer along to Concordia? I suspect it'll be a heavy lift, but it should just barely be within capacity... probably."

"To take your questions in turn, I can tend to the arm but it depend on the built and model what can be done and the amount of damage, I would not know but I sort of doubt there are body bags on board but I am sure something can be manufactured, yes the shuttle can haul the Explorer but with considerable engine strain."
Aton replied. Jeffry nodded.
"That is correct there are no body bags on board."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:40 pm

Anja wrote:"Very well if you believe that is best I will accept your judgement."
Amadeus said but he still seamed a bit suspicious of Arland still.
"Let us return to the shuttle then."
Colin smiled wryly, "It won't hurt to have a little faith in the decency of others, even someone who is technically an enemy... not the same thing as dropping your guard, of course, but it rarely hurts to give them a chance to prove your suspicions wrong."

Anja wrote:"Do we know it was a Nephandus who attacked the ship?"
Jeffry asked after Colin had given his rapport.
"And this automaton, where is he now?"
He asked glancing out the window at the damaged Explorer.
"Four Pattern Spiders? Very well we are going to take the surviving crew member into custody and then see what can be done to bring the ship to Horizon, taking a ship from the Technocrazy and bringing needed resources to Steelhaven in one go is quite a boon though this Nephandus worry me. And yes we will make sure the dead are returned to Boston's Umbra port where they can be taken back to their own Constructs and Amalgams for burial."
He mushed.
"Any other information?"
He shook his head, "Not for certain - one Pattern Spider stated it was a Mage who did it, and the pilot reported a strong Entropic presence. It seems more likely it was a Nephandus, but it is not certain. The automaton was left to cover the deceased crew members; I've faith he'll do so quite swiftly and methodically, so we probably shouldn't leave him to his own devices for too long, even if he surrendered peacefully. The Pattern Spiders could feasibly restore enough functionality to the explorer to make her something of a threat... but I believe that'll take a little longer. Arland, the pilot, can enter a rest mode for recharging, though he can not overwrite his memories; I gave him an alias during introductions, it should suffice... the hit that took out the ship appears to have been a very large kinetic impact, though I didn't find a projectile. The crew in its entirety seems to have been killed on impact, and the fuel tanks did mercifully not rupture; there's enough fuel for quite the long haul in there."

Anja wrote:"To take your questions in turn, I can tend to the arm but it depend on the built and model what can be done and the amount of damage, I would not know but I sort of doubt there are body bags on board but I am sure something can be manufactured, yes the shuttle can haul the Explorer but with considerable engine strain."
Aton replied. Jeffry nodded.
"That is correct there are no body bags on board."
He nodded, "I didn't expect there to be anything suitable here, but I had to check... Alright, if you'd come along to tend to Arland's damage, I should have little trouble keeping the explorer steady enough to stay on board - you and someone capable of manhandling the automaton if necessary should stay to make sure he stays inert for the trip, and we'll airlift the lot to the harbour... hm, we'll need to rig up some cabling to carry the explorer... Jac, can you lend a hand with that?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:12 pm

[Shuttle]

Anja wrote:"Yes that should not be a problem Mr Yager."
He asked.
Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Absolutely, just let her know that discretion is advised. Given your Tradition's stance on prisoner abuse, I see no issue with letting her know about the situation, so she can better pick who to call in."

"All right. I'll call her now. This shouldn't be too hard of a sell. Like Mr. Wainwright said, if there's one thing the Ecstatics hate. It's non-consensual abuse. Of any kind." Serge said solemnly as he pulled out his phone and quickly called his grandmentor.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:19 pm

[Shuttle]

"All right. I'll call her now. This shouldn't be too hard of a sell. Like Mr. Wainwright said, if there's one thing the Ecstatics hate. It's non-consensual abuse. Of any kind." Serge said solemnly as he pulled out his phone and quickly called his grandmentor.

After a few rings your grandmother took the phone, you could hear the clattering of her many bracelets.
"Is that you child? How is my favorite grandchild doing?"
The grand dame asked.

[Shuttle Again]

Colin smiled wryly, "It won't hurt to have a little faith in the decency of others, even someone who is technically an enemy... not the same thing as dropping your guard, of course, but it rarely hurts to give them a chance to prove your suspicions wrong."

"Oh it can hurt quite a bit when the betrayal come but I agree there is little point or chance for this Technocrat to do much right now."
Amadeus replied but he was still suspicious.

He shook his head, "Not for certain - one Pattern Spider stated it was a Mage who did it, and the pilot reported a strong Entropic presence. It seems more likely it was a Nephandus, but it is not certain. The automaton was left to cover the deceased crew members; I've faith he'll do so quite swiftly and methodically, so we probably shouldn't leave him to his own devices for too long, even if he surrendered peacefully. The Pattern Spiders could feasibly restore enough functionality to the explorer to make her something of a threat... but I believe that'll take a little longer. Arland, the pilot, can enter a rest mode for recharging, though he can not overwrite his memories; I gave him an alias during introductions, it should suffice... the hit that took out the ship appears to have been a very large kinetic impact, though I didn't find a projectile. The crew in its entirety seems to have been killed on impact, and the fuel tanks did mercifully not rupture; there's enough fuel for quite the long haul in there."

"Let me see if I got this right Mr Wainwright, you left a Technocrat...alone on his potentially well armed Umbra ship to do as he please because he told you he surrendered?"
Jeffry said with a incredulous look in his eyes.
"Yes indeed we should get over there right now and we can find out if it was a Nephandi who attacked the ship later for now we need to secure it and the prisoner."

He nodded, "I didn't expect there to be anything suitable here, but I had to check... Alright, if you'd come along to tend to Arland's damage, I should have little trouble keeping the explorer steady enough to stay on board - you and someone capable of manhandling the automaton if necessary should stay to make sure he stays inert for the trip, and we'll airlift the lot to the harbour... hm, we'll need to rig up some cabling to carry the explorer... Jac, can you lend a hand with that?"

"We will find somewhere to lock the construct up."
Jeffry declared. Aton nodded.
"I will come along and see what I can do."
He agreed. Jac spoke up.
"I am a professional Ethernaught I can probably help keep the ship steady."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next