Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

4 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:41 pm

[Explorer]

'Yeah, but the issue is that we won't be able to sell as-is - this ship will be, like reverse-engineered to hell first. And they might want to keep it for spec ops; blockade running, acting as an enemy force in wargames and shit.' she replied, watching the scenery float past. 'But at least this will get the right attention; need to find myself a patron.'

"Either case it will be a tidy sum to us, I agree though that if the brass agree if we can fix the ship up a bit we will get more of a profit."
Jac said then he turned to look at Nicole before he turned back to the controls.
"I can help you out but I am just an Adept by the Traditions way of looking at it, an minor instructor, I can not shake allot of political chains."

[Horizon]

'What?' the confusion clear in her tone. 'But sounds like it's time to cut the tow-line so we can land ourselves...'

"Agreed, I know where the dry docks are found, I suggest we go there as directed and take a shuttle down to Horizon, it is easier to dock ships in the Umbra than to take her down to Horizon, we can ask what repairs will cost at the same time, try to see what deals we can cut."
Jac suggested.

Colin grinned, "Perhaps we should make a bit of a show of it, to make it absolutely clear who carried the salvage in... but do prepare the landing gear."

"I will make sure it is logged but if you want you can take us to the dry dock I do not want to try to land a damaged Void ship in a realm."
Jac replied over the radio to Colin.

He nodded, "He has cooperated fully, and a... friendly gesture might go far in winning the Engineers over. Ah, also, the Explorer has the corporeal remains of the crew on board, the pilot wanted to bring them back to Earth; I agreed to see to that. Can you arrange for cryo storage for them until we're headed home? As for Master Babu's offer, I shall convey it right away, and thank you."

"I will do so, and have the bodies taken to the morgue, I am sure that once the bodies have been scanned just so we are sure there are no traps I am sure they can be returned to the Void Engineers for burial, the decision though is not mine."
The flight control operator replied.
"The same with the prisoner he will have to be detained for now, but usually security go easy on Void Engineers, however this is also not my call."

He tapped the intercom, "Chief? Master Babu offers to confine Kyle at the Cult of Ecstasy manor instead of the usual cells. I'd recommend you accept."

"Yes I most certainly accept and I owe the good lady big time."
Jeffry said with a relieved nod.

(OOC: Baynes probably used his contacts to get security sent to the docks and then returned to prepare for the conference. He is not the person to stand and wait when there is work to be done.)

(OOC 2: There is allot of ways to get taller with magick. Jeffry is not extremely tall by today's standards though but he is not tiny either.)

(OOC 3: I would be able to handle 6 players max without having a secondary ST to handle some of the load. But yes I think we can be pretty sure that not all who show interest is going to stay, i have run play by post games for 25 years and that have never happened and if this is by some miracle the first I will find some way to get a secondary ST or some solution.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:47 pm

[Horizon Orbit]

Colin wrote:He toggled the intercom, "Flight Control says it's dragon mating season, so you might want to be cautious about looking out the portholes, and try not to provoke them when we reach ground."
Colin wrote:He tapped the intercom, "Chief? Master Babu offers to confine Kyle at the Cult of Ecstasy manor instead of the usual cells. I'd recommend you accept."

Serge said glancing up as he heard the back to back updates given by his cabal leader pilot. "Glad to hear my Grandmentor made it. By the way, where are we staying while we're at Horizon? "
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:49 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"I will make sure it is logged but if you want you can take us to the dry dock I do not want to try to land a damaged Void ship in a realm."
Jac replied over the radio to Colin.
Colin leaned back, caressing the controls, "Quite; nice and easy it is. Just sit back, and I will set you down like a grocery bag full of eggs."

Anja wrote:"I will do so, and have the bodies taken to the morgue, I am sure that once the bodies have been scanned just so we are sure there are no traps I am sure they can be returned to the Void Engineers for burial, the decision though is not mine."
The flight control operator replied.
"The same with the prisoner he will have to be detained for now, but usually security go easy on Void Engineers, however this is also not my call."
He nodded, "Of course, I trust the pilot is acting in good faith - he wants to see his crew home, not waste his life on a pointless attack."

Anja wrote:"Yes I most certainly accept and I owe the good lady big time."
Jeffry said with a relieved nod.
He grinned, tapping the radio again, "Flight Control, Master Morgan accepts, and extends his gratitude and acknowledgement to Master Babu."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:16 pm

[Horizon Orbit]

Serge said glancing up as he heard the back to back updates given by his cabal leader pilot. "Glad to hear my Grandmentor made it. By the way, where are we staying while we're at Horizon? "

"I am grateful to Master Babu, this will make things easier."
Jeffry said glancing over at Kyle then he turned back to Serge.
"We will be staying in my childhood home Mr Yager, I inherited the house from my parents and I rent it out to visitors to Horizon but I have made sure it is vacant for this visit."

Colin leaned back, caressing the controls, "Quite; nice and easy it is. Just sit back, and I will set you down like a grocery bag full of eggs."

"I have seen some grocery bags with broken eggs on kitchen floors."
Jac replied wryly.

He nodded, "Of course, I trust the pilot is acting in good faith - he wants to see his crew home, not waste his life on a pointless attack."

"Understood I will make a note of it but as I said it is not up to me."
Flight control replied.

He grinned, tapping the radio again, "Flight Control, Master Morgan accepts, and extends his gratitude and acknowledgement to Master Babu."

"Very good, the Cultists and their Enforcers will wait for you then to take the widderslainte and whoever from your party who wish to go with them to their manor."
Flight control replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:50 pm

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'Eh, it ain't about pull, more finding the one to pull. And that "one" is a MilSci Doc[tor] who is willing and able to help me out.' Nicole replied, ending with a little sigh. 'And I ain't good at the whole ass-kissing networking shit.'

[Horizon]

Anja's Post:

'Well, they're gonna want a secured dock, at least. But there's no point in doing any more repairs now, is there? Don't know what they'll do with the thing later on...'

[Depends when they became a Mage, really; height is more a childhood nutrition and good environment thing. And genetics too. Though said 'shortness' was normally only 10cm max and not even uniform. I'd guess the only truly 'dating' element would be the teeth, which naturally magick could sort out if you so wished.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:57 pm

[Explorer]

Eh, it ain't about pull, more finding the one to pull. And that "one" is a MilSci Doc[tor] who is willing and able to help me out.' Nicole replied, ending with a little sigh. 'And I ain't good at the whole ass-kissing networking shit.'

"Yeah the system sucks, it is more about who you know and who likes you than the work you do, but if you want I can see what I can do to help."
Jac replied.
"I can see if my sister have any ideas as well she is higher ranked than I am. You will meet her when you come over for dinner anyway."

[Horizon]

'Well, they're gonna want a secured dock, at least. But there's no point in doing any more repairs now, is there? Don't know what they'll do with the thing later on...'

"That is fair enough, we have still be directed to the dry dock though since landing a Void Ship in physical space is hard enough doing it with a damaged ship is downright dangerous."
The other Etherite replied.

(OOC: Jeffry Awakened at 5 he was a son of a Verditius mage and her husband so he would have had access to good nutrition also well magick can fix minor issues easily.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:52 pm

[Horizon Orbit]
Anja wrote:"I have seen some grocery bags with broken eggs on kitchen floors."
Jac replied wryly.
Colin grinned, "If this were a helicopter, I could place an ostrich egg on the ground uncracked. An umbral vessel, I'm not quite as good, but so long as your landing gear works, I believe we can park you with unbroken eggs, all the same."

Anja wrote:"Very good, the Cultists and their Enforcers will wait for you then to take the widderslainte and whoever from your party who wish to go with them to their manor."
Flight control replied.
He nodded, "Capital. I'm looking forward to it."

He tapped the intercom again, "Anyone else want to accompany Kyle to the Cultist manor? They've got great accommodations there, or so I'm told."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:25 am

[Horizon Orbit]

Colin grinned, "If this were a helicopter, I could place an ostrich egg on the ground uncracked. An umbral vessel, I'm not quite as good, but so long as your landing gear works, I believe we can park you with unbroken eggs, all the same."

"We have some maneuverability so I am pretty sure you can get us into the dry dock safely."
Jac replied.

He nodded, "Capital. I'm looking forward to it."

"Very well then Horizon flight control out."
The man over the communications waves replied.

He tapped the intercom again, "Anyone else want to accompany Kyle to the Cultist manor? They've got great accommodations there, or so I'm told."

"Well we are not staying to enjoy ourselves but I am going with my apprentice."
Jeffry said.
"Do you think it will be okey there?"
Kyle asked nervously.
"You will be treated fairly by the Cultists."
Jeffry replied.
"Off that I am sure."

(OOC: My spell checker want to change things to I am sure you can get us into the dry duck safely, which I am sure can be done with magick but which is probably not a good idea. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:50 am

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'Credit, it's not that a shit system... well, compared to some of the others.' she mused, a little grudgingly. 'Hmm... she's more likely to know who might be interested; quite a lot of my "seniors" are often in off-Earth security or the Fleet - which ain't much a help if I'm in Boston. But I do have a decent hook; a complete floorplan and video tour of inside one of them Fallen organic ships.' giving Jac a sideways look.

[Horizon]

Anja's Post:

'Bah... we ain't that big. That blimp's over there's gotta be twice the size.'

[He also grew up on Horizon, which surely helped. Though I can imagine it's one of the ways Horizon makes money; providing Magickally-assisted dentistry, medicine, longevity treatements etc to folks from Earth.]

[Advert is up; I said three new PCs.  Let's see if anyone bites.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:50 am

[Horizon Orbit]
Anja wrote:"We have some maneuverability so I am pretty sure you can get us into the dry dock safely."
Jac replied.
Colin nodded, "Quite, the place is made for it, after all."

Anja wrote:"Very well then Horizon flight control out."
The man over the communications waves replied.
He smiled out the viewport, "Shuttle, over and out."

Anja wrote:"Well we are not staying to enjoy ourselves but I am going with my apprentice."
Jeffry said.
Kyle asked nervously.
Jeffry replied.
"Off that I am sure."
He tapped the intercom, "I'm sure the Cultists will be happy to provide a prescription for whatever you need to soothe your nerves, all professionally and ethically, of course. And I'd be quite surprised if you're not lent a few books or other such entertainment to keep you occupied. Magical textbooks, though, probably not, but certainly a few novels."

((OOC: Y'know, I *think* Colin offered to try to "sell" Nicole to Admiral Hastings when he's meeting with her...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:22 am

[Explorer]

Credit, it's not that a shit system... well, compared to some of the others.' she mused, a little grudgingly. 'Hmm... she's more likely to know who might be interested; quite a lot of my "seniors" are often in off-Earth security or the Fleet - which ain't much a help if I'm in Boston. But I do have a decent hook; a complete floorplan and video tour of inside one of them Fallen organic ships.' giving Jac a sideways look.

"I am sure my sister might be of help, she works as a doctor and not in Umbral travel but she do have contacts."
Jac replied.

[Horizon]

Bah... we ain't that big. That blimp's over there's gotta be twice the size.'

"It do not have to do with size but what a ship is made of, allot of it is shaped out of Ephemera and that do badly in physical reality unless especially treated, landing crafts are treated to be able to take them into physical reality a ship like this is not."
The other Etherite replied.

Colin nodded, "Quite, the place is made for it, after all."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright."
Jac agreed.

He tapped the intercom, "I'm sure the Cultists will be happy to provide a prescription for whatever you need to soothe your nerves, all professionally and ethically, of course. And I'd be quite surprised if you're not lent a few books or other such entertainment to keep you occupied. Magical textbooks, though, probably not, but certainly a few novels."

"I...am not fond of drugs, a nice cup of tea perhaps."
Kyle muttered.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, are we going down to Horizon now? Do you think we will see dragons?"

(OOC: I agree Horizon would provide magical medical, dentistry and beauty treatments. Jeffry grew up on Horizon until he was set to Mus for training.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:28 pm

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'Well, feel free to put the word out; I know this thing works normally through the grapevine. Even got business cards made up to pass out.'

[Horizon]

Anja's Post:

'What, you saying this ship would fall apart if we tried to land it at real Logan?' giving a little frown.

[It's one of the things I'm toying with; that on Horizon Nick gets some work done to (partly/wholly) justify an Attribute increase. Plus, it makes Horizon economically 'make sense'.]

[And getting a notice from Hastings will help. However, she isn't of Nick's 'field of study' (hers is physics, if I recall); Nick needs to catch the eye of someone within the field of Military Science. Of which I can imagine the vast majority of those are either with the Ethics Council, serving in colonies or with the Fleet.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:46 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"I...am not fond of drugs, a nice cup of tea perhaps."
Kyle muttered.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, are we going down to Horizon now? Do you think we will see dragons?"
Colin smiled thinly, "A healthy attitude - the Cultists won't give you anything they don't believe will be good for you, and that includes your wanting it in the first place. If there's any Tradition that emphasizes informed consent... And once we've dropped off the explorer safely, we'll be landing and disembarking ourselves. And yes, I quite expect to see dragons, just keep in mind to be wary; mating season does make tempers run hot."

((OOC: No, Hastings herself might not do anything personally, but odds are good she can think of a suitable patron for Nick. Perhaps not the best, but someone decently connected.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:26 pm

[Explorer]

'Well, feel free to put the word out; I know this thing works normally through the grapevine. Even got business cards made up to pass out.'

"I can do that, also you where a part of stopping the plague, I am sure your name will circulate during the cybernetics convention, since if it had not been your you and your Chantry there would not be much of a conference or anyone to attend it."
Jac replied.

[Horizon]

What, you saying this ship would fall apart if we tried to land it at real Logan?' giving a little frown.

"Not automatically but it would be a good chance of...complications."
The other Etherite said with a shrug.
"Oh and the ship would be invisible in physical space, but that might be negated on Horizon...I am not sure actually."

Colin smiled thinly, "A healthy attitude - the Cultists won't give you anything they don't believe will be good for you, and that includes your wanting it in the first place. If there's any Tradition that emphasizes informed consent... And once we've dropped off the explorer safely, we'll be landing and disembarking ourselves. And yes, I quite expect to see dragons, just keep in mind to be wary; mating season does make tempers run hot."

"I hope you are right."
Kyle said with a nervous frown.
"Dragon mating season is it safe flying though that="
Beatrice asked and Amadeus nodded.
"Yes they should not harm us but they will be flying around and might be to distracted to get out of the way so we have to keep an eye out for them to avoid running into them."
Amadeus said patting his apprentice on the shoulder.

(OOC: Well Horizon do not really need to make economic sense as they can make whatever they need with magick, and Chantries all over the world tribute Quint so yeah, but it might be locally run buessinesses.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:41 pm

[Horizon Orbit]

Anja wrote:"Well we are not staying to enjoy ourselves but I am going with my apprentice."
Jeffry said.
Kyle asked nervously.
Jeffry replied.
"Off that I am sure."
Colin wrote:He tapped the intercom, "I'm sure the Cultists will be happy to provide a prescription for whatever you need to soothe your nerves, all professionally and ethically, of course. And I'd be quite surprised if you're not lent a few books or other such entertainment to keep you occupied. Magical textbooks, though, probably not, but certainly a few novels."

"You'll see a lot of things there. A lot of interesting things......" Serge said with a faraway look in his eyes, "Or you won't and it'll be perfectly normal. If there's one traditions that can't really be predicted it's mine. But I'm sure there'll be plenty for you to do. I'll visit you when I get the chance to."

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right."
"Yes they should not harm us but they will be flying around and might be to distracted to get out of the way so we have to keep an eye out for them to avoid running into them."

Serge glanced out of the window, wanting to see these dragons that everyone kept talking about as he waited for the ship to land.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:07 pm

[Horizon]
Jeremy wrote:"You'll see a lot of things there. A lot of interesting things......" Serge said with a faraway look in his eyes, "Or you won't and it'll be perfectly normal. If there's one traditions that can't really be predicted it's mine. But I'm sure there'll be plenty for you to do. I'll visit you when I get the chance to."
Anja wrote:"I hope you are right."
Colin smiled thinly, "The Cultists won't force anything on you, Kyle. They might be thinking sideways, but they'll not mistreat you or force you into anything worse than confinement."

He gently started easing the shuttle toward the explorer's dock, preparing to put her down gently.

((OOC: Dex+Pilot Umbral Ship: 2,6,8,9,0. Should be as delicate as a moth's touch.))

((OOC2: So, a friend just shared something Midjourney just did for him... Maybe this is what Serge ends up drawing in his next downtime? The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57 - Page 23 Image))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:16 pm

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'True enough. Something which certain people should remember when it comes down to it...' ending with an annoyed frown.

[Horizon]

Anja's Post:

'What? Is it invisible here too? How come?' using the gun camera to look around this new realm.

[When you think it through, they can't. There's not many actual Mages on Horizon, and the 'costs' of having a Mage operating as a magickal replicator (Tass, their wages etc) would normally make it cheaper to import low-value stuff from Earth or for Horizon to make it themselves. Not that the details matter; we can simply say the 'tourist' cash/tass/gold etc simply pay for Horizon's imports and handwave the rest. It also offers story hooks; like Steelhaven might be able to hire a Custos manager cheap on the agreement they're also allowed to buy/store Earth stuff for export to Horizon.]

[Concordia hasn't been decribed yet; I personally think it would look rather like the Imperial City in Oblivion.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:58 am

[Explorer]

True enough. Something which certain people should remember when it comes down to it...' ending with an annoyed frown.

"Well quite a few of us do remember Nick."
Jac replied.

[Horizon Orbit]

"You'll see a lot of things there. A lot of interesting things......" Serge said with a faraway look in his eyes, "Or you won't and it'll be perfectly normal. If there's one traditions that can't really be predicted it's mine. But I'm sure there'll be plenty for you to do. I'll visit you when I get the chance to."

"Thank you Sir."
Kyle said with a warm smile though he was clearly rather nervous.

Serge glanced out of the window, wanting to see these dragons that everyone kept talking about as he waited for the ship to land.

For now it was just the strange space around Horizon as your Cabal leader brought the Explorer to the dry dock, but you did see lots of interesting ships, zeppelins, old style pirate ship like vessels and space ships side by side.

Colin smiled thinly, "The Cultists won't force anything on you, Kyle. They might be thinking sideways, but they'll not mistreat you or force you into anything worse than confinement."

He gently started easing the shuttle toward the explorer's dock, preparing to put her down gently.

Kyle gave an uncertain nod. Amadeus spoke up.
"The Cult of Extasy are thought to be about drugs, but really they are about changing your mind to change the world, and to be able to change your mind in such a way you need freedom, no Tradition, though the Verbena comes close, value individual freedom and consent as must as the Cult Ex Stasia. That was one of the conflicts of old. The Cult Ex Stasia was a faction within the Cult of Mercury, and while the Cult of Mercury allowed slave members during the third slave rebellion of Rome the Mercurians sided with the Romans but the Cult Ex Stasia sided with the rebel army, and so a rift was made, and soon thereafter the Cult Ex Stasia left the Mercurians and set out on their own to eventually become the Seers of Chronos and later the Cult of Ecstasy, after picking up some more practices and Traditions from all over the world in the process."
The old mage explained.
"But they kept their love of freedom...I remember...well that is not important."
He said cutting himself off from continuing that line of thought.

You flew the Explorer to the dry dock, it was a sphere like construction with arms jutting out from it like sunbeams, each arm was set to hold a ship and you saw engineers moving up and down the arms to get to the docked ships. You set the Explorer gently against one of the arms.

What? Is it invisible here too? How come?' using the gun camera to look around this new realm.

"Like I said I do not know if it would be invisible on Horizon, it is a physical reality but it is constructed but it might be. As for why ephemera is invisible in physical space it is hard to say and many theories, I suspect a harmonic resonance differance."
The other Etherite replied as the Explorer was gently deposited into one of the arm docks of a dry dock station and there was a scrape of metal as the two connected, a green light went on on the control panel.
"Ok...we are docked, should we see if we can get transportation down to Horizon?"
Jac asked as he got out of the pilot's chair and stretched.
"Man I need a beer!"

(OOC: Yeah that is pretty much what you saw but the unicorns had mroe of a horn.)

(OOC 2: There is allot less cost in a mystical realm. Also like I said there are Quintessence tributes paid by earth Chantries to Horizon.)

(OOC 3: Yes sort of. It have some descriptions int he source book, there are nine massive gates around the walled city and buildings from every culture and time period in addition to mroe fantastical buildings, with a massive castle at the center of the city with two suns overhead.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:53 am

[Horizon Orbit]
Anja wrote:You flew the Explorer to the dry dock, it was a sphere like construction with arms jutting out from it like sunbeams, each arm was set to hold a ship and you saw engineers moving up and down the arms to get to the docked ships. You set the Explorer gently against one of the arms.
Colin gently released the tethers once the explorer was set into place, and came down to land next to it, tapping the ship-to-ship connection, "Alright, you may have noticed coming to a full stop... The security team should be there shortly, so we should meet them to take care of the pilot and the deceased crew before heading down to Concordia proper. My word to him, after all."

((OOC: I mean, the Wiki has a decent enough description, though it's on the rough side.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:25 am

[Horizon Orbit]

Colin gently released the tethers once the explorer was set into place, and came down to land next to it, tapping the ship-to-ship connection, "Alright, you may have noticed coming to a full stop... The security team should be there shortly, so we should meet them to take care of the pilot and the deceased crew before heading down to Concordia proper. My word to him, after all."

"So you want us to stay on board then until security get here Mr Wainwright?"
Jac asked over the radio. It would not be long to wait as you saw a team of five heading down the same arm the Explorer was docked at with a gurney in tow.

(OOC: That works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:59 am

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'Wha? Oh.' not realising she'd said that bit aloud. 'Anyway, as everything seems to be clear right now I'm gonna have a little poke about the ship...' pulling herself out of the gunner's chair.

[Horizon, Drydock]

Anja's Post:

'You don't want a quick tour of the thing before going?' she quipped, picking up her rucksack. 'And what about them spider things?'

[True. However, no Mage desires to act as a kind of magickal replicator for items as mundane as nails, stacks of paper or bricks for long, so you would need to pay them to do it. Thus, the 'whole price' may exceed the costs of an Earth import or conventionally-made on Horizon. If this was not true, the 90% of Mundane Horizonites would have no real jobs and all that 'Muggle money' would pile up with no purpose.]

[I meant that it has no description as in 'what it looks like'. The Imperial City looks like an idealised European city in perhaps c1500. Make it a bit bigger, have nine districts instead of six and throw in a handful of 'public' buildings and the river... tada, Concordia.]

[Did the two ships go to the same dock-site, or different ones?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:30 pm

[Explorer]

Wha? Oh.' not realising she'd said that bit aloud. 'Anyway, as everything seems to be clear right now I'm gonna have a little poke about the ship...' pulling herself out of the gunner's chair.

"Rodger that, yell if you need anything."
Jac said then he grinned wryly.
"I can't leave the controls but...at least I will know you need something, see if they have anything to eat, no point in letting it go bad."
Your fellow Etherite did not seam to have much qualms about eating the dead people's food, then again they no longer needed it.

'You don't want a quick tour of the thing before going?' she quipped, picking up her rucksack. 'And what about them spider things?'

"Oh yeah...them...we are going to have to inform the security forces about them and arrange for them to get passage back to earth."
Jac said with a sigh.
"As for the ship, I would love to but my sister is expecting me and I am supposed to help out setting up for the convention but I would not mind checking the ship out later if you have time then?"

(OOC: There are industry, jobs and other such things on Horizon, if you want a mage to magick up a chair for you, trade for it, simple as that, chances are you have something they want or something they can not do for themselves but which you can do.)

(OOC 2: It have been stated many times what Horizon looks like, a mis match of various buildings from all time periods and cultures all mixed together around a central castle with pure fantasy style buildings in between.)

(OOC 3: Colin towed the Explorer to a dry dock sort of a space station and then plan to go from there down to Horizon, right now they are int he same place but the Shuttle is going down to Horizon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:18 pm

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'Well, they're gonna have some left in stores, I'm sure of it...' she replied, moving through the ship and seeing what she could find.

[Horizon, Drydock]

Anja's Post:

'Fair enough... there may not be a later. They might put this thing in quarantine or something. Anyhows, I think them things deserve a thank-you from us before leaving.'

[Which we agree to agree (again). Yes, you could ask a mage to magick up a chair but... you need to find a Mage who can magick up a chair, then one which won't tell you to piss off, then to find one who actually wants something you have and lastly, that 'want' to be acceptable to you for trading. Presented with this quest-chain, I think I'll choose simply going to a store or a workshop and buying one with hard 'cash', if you don't mind. (This is why barter systems suck in RL).]

[Was talking about just Concordia proper. That - to the best of my memory (my pdfs are now on my new computer) - does not have a description re looks. But if you don't like my vision of it, well, you're God.]

[So far, the ad has had 84 looks but zero replies. Shall keep you posted.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:26 pm

[Explorer]

Anja wrote:For now it was just the strange space around Horizon as your Cabal leader brought the Explorer to the dry dock, but you did see lots of interesting ships, zeppelins, old style pirate ship like vessels and space ships side by side.
Anja wrote:You flew the Explorer to the dry dock, it was a sphere like construction with arms jutting out from it like sunbeams, each arm was set to hold a ship and you saw engineers moving up and down the arms to get to the docked ships. You set the Explorer gently against one of the arms.
Colin wrote:Colin gently released the tethers once the explorer was set into place, and came down to land next to it, tapping the ship-to-ship connection, "Alright, you may have noticed coming to a full stop... The security team should be there shortly, so we should meet them to take care of the pilot and the deceased crew before heading down to Concordia proper. My word to him, after all."
Anja wrote:"So you want us to stay on board then until security get here Mr Wainwright?"
Jac asked over the radio. It would not be long to wait as you saw a team of five heading down the same arm the Explorer was docked at with a gurney in tow.

"Can't we go out and stretch our legs at least? I wanna see more of what this dock looks like." Serge said eagerly as he watched the arms and the magickal engineers work.

(OOC: That's a really cool looking pictures. I pictured the unicorns as having way more tentacly tentacles)

(OOC2: I've been staring at that advert for over a day. How dare no one comment about how cool we are Sad )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:22 pm

[Horizon Orbit]
Anja wrote:"So you want us to stay on board then until security get here Mr Wainwright?"
Colin nodded, "There's a team coming along right now, so it should be quite soon, then we can all make final descent."

Jeremy wrote:"Can't we go out and stretch our legs at least? I wanna see more of what this dock looks like." Serge said eagerly as he watched the arms and the magickal engineers work.
He paused for a moment, "What do you say, Chief? We are expected on the ground, so they might be upset if we make them wait for too long."

He parked the shuttle to allow Jac and Nick to get back on board, and headed to the airlock, "Alright, I'd best be there to brief the security team regarding the Pattern Spiders and the pilot."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next