Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

4 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 - Page 16 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:47 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Yes Qlipothic magick but I do not know if it is one of them, or all of them or an item they carry, only that my familiar felt one source of it. If your testing method is expensive then it might be better to just have us examine it further."
The wounded man said with a slight groan holding his head.
Colin shrugged, "Expensive is not the most accurate term... I only brought about a dozen little sachets, pretty much single-use doses, as it were... Wasn't actually expecting to need them."

Jeremy wrote:"That's very likely what their talking about. According to their thoughts they want to disconnect the Node specifically to weaken Horizon's defenses. Apparently one node is enough to weaken it so that their ships can come through." Serge said, "I'm more worried about the fact that there are 'others' besides these guys. Doesn't that mean there are more enemies around?"
He frowned, "Did they indicate these 'others' are here in Concordia, or that the 'others' are the attacking forces on approach?"

Anja wrote:"I see and you where attacked on your way to Horizon then Mr Wainwright?"
Martha asked.
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah. I'd rather not talk about it in case we let slip some crucial information. I do wanna know why he wants to know about that trip so badly."
Anja wrote:"Likely troubleshooting to find out why the attack failed."
Amadeus said.
"But yes we can discuss it at length when not in front of the prisoners just to be sure.
He smiled wryly, "We ran into... a rough patch. Not much more to tell, though we did find a half-formed realm with some odd unicorns."

Anja wrote:Jeffry hesitated then he nodded.
"Yes we need to know but remember we do not know which of our prisoners are Fallen if any. Right now she seam to be out cold though."
He said and frowned at Amadeus's handiwork. The old Verbena just grinned.
Jeremy wrote:"Well....that's certainly one way of doing it." Serge said looking down at the unconscious women. "I don't think it matter much whether she's fallen or not. The more pressing concern right now is stopping whatever their doing at this linking chamber."
Anja wrote:"If she is Fallen that indicate we are in far more trouble than if she is not."
Amadeus said as he returned to Serge's side after knocking the prisoner unconscious.
He nodded and tore open the sachet, pouring the five grains of sand onto the unconscious woman's forehead, watching it stick to her skin, "Let's see how she reacts, then."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 - Page 16 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:06 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja's Post:

'Am going straight to our security office at the Port, sir. And I meant that do I have any orders after I've dropped off the prisoner?'

Colin's Post:

An annoyed grunt from the Etherite, still with her prisoner over her shoulder. 'Fallen have started to put Horizon under blockade; we weren't a one-off. 'Cept the successful running of it bit.'

[Yay for my official birthday!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:20 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin shrugged, "Expensive is not the most accurate term... I only brought about a dozen little sachets, pretty much single-use doses, as it were... Wasn't actually expecting to need them."

"I see, well there are more than one way to check if someone is Fallen."
Martha replied raising an eyebrow.

He smiled wryly, "We ran into... a rough patch. Not much more to tell, though we did find a half-formed realm with some odd unicorns."

"I see."
The Verbena said sounding a bit doubtful.
"Is that so?"

He nodded and tore open the sachet, pouring the five grains of sand onto the unconscious woman's forehead, watching it stick to her skin, "Let's see how she reacts, then."

The woman woke up and started screaming, convulsing in her bounds and rolling around on the floor howling in pain. The Verbena librarians looked rather shocked.
"Dear Mother!"
One of them exclaimed.

Am going straight to our security office at the Port, sir. And I meant that do I have any orders after I've dropped off the prisoner?'

"Work with the Etherite and find out what you can and stay safe."
Jeffry said...and then you was gone from the forested library and stood in a large room with two desks at either end, several pepole in the uniform of the Etheics Council and a eldery woman in robes with a pin showing that she was a Quesitor came running.
"What is happening?"
The elderly woman asked.
"Someone teleported in with a prisoner."
A thin man with dark skin and electric blue hair said.
"Excuse me Miss...we where given notice by security at the cybernetics convention that you was going to be teleported here. I am officer Larkins this is Lady Urakka of the Order of Hermes and officer James and Tannis who are both with us...is this the prisoner?"
A woman in the Ethics Council's uniform asked, she was in her 60's and her steel gray hair was worn in a no nonsense bun."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:10 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"I see, well there are more than one way to check if someone is Fallen."
Martha replied raising an eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "And this is quick and reliable, without needing to get through any magical defenses to investigate."

Anja wrote:"I see."
The Verbena said sounding a bit doubtful.
"Is that so?"
He smiled thinly, "Not much more to it... but not here and now."

Anja wrote:The woman woke up and started screaming, convulsing in her bounds and rolling around on the floor howling in pain. The Verbena librarians looked rather shocked.
"Dear Mother!"
One of them exclaimed.
He nodded sagely, "Yes, decidedly Fallen. Non-Fallen Magi revisit far more... pleasant experiences."
He quickly brushed off the grains and deposited them in an inconspicuous spot on the floor, "She'll likely be a little out of it for a few minutes, and quite exhausted afterward."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:50 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja's Post:

'Fine. Unless something happens, I'll turn up at the normal time.' she replied, hoping that she'd not caught any blood or fluid splashes on her clothes. 'Two to beam up.' she said into her phone.

[Harbour Security]

Anja's Post:

After fighting the mild disconcertedness and nausea that teleportation always brought out in her, Nicole quickly took in her new surroundings. Before taking to the people in front of her, she spoke into her phone. 'I've arrived; thanks.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a no-nonsense nod to the woman talking to her. 'Scientist Bouchard, Steelhaven, Boston. I formally accuse Scientist Yu of St Agnes, Detroit of working with Fallen, and surrender him to the custody of the Ethics Council.' a short pause as she shifted her load. 'Where do you me to put him?'

[The news that Blake and Co have attacked other Horizon-bound ships is new to Colin, I believe. Can't recall whether she told the Chief, however.]

[Purely OOC, I'll mention that unless directly ordered or is clearly in her own interest, Nicole will ignore plot/quest hooks etc. This is a conscious, mild 'fuck you' to certain characters, not me as a player being stupid or ornery. She only dealt with Yu because it would have been completely jobsworthy to have ignored it.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:57 am

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"That would indeed seam to be the logical conclusion kid and also I do not think it sound like they mean to corrupt the connection as corrupted it would still work, create problem but still work but if the flow of Quintessence is turned of it will weaken our realm defenses."
Martha replied with a frown.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Did they indicate these 'others' are here in Concordia, or that the 'others' are the attacking forces on approach?"

"They didn't say. But considering that no one here knows what the 'linking chamber' I'd hazard a guess that that 'others' refers to enemies who are incoming. Likely in a chamber whose purpose is to link two places." Serge surmised.

Anja wrote:The woman woke up and started screaming, convulsing in her bounds and rolling around on the floor howling in pain. The Verbena librarians looked rather shocked.
"Dear Mother!"
One of them exclaimed.
Colin wrote:He nodded sagely, "Yes, decidedly Fallen. Non-Fallen Magi revisit far more... pleasant experiences."
He quickly brushed off the grains and deposited them in an inconspicuous spot on the floor, "She'll likely be a little out of it for a few minutes, and quite exhausted afterward."

"Yeah....that felt unnecessary." Serge said not sure how to feel about hurting someone who was already knocked unconscious.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:02 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded, "And this is quick and reliable, without needing to get through any magical defenses to investigate."

Martha just nodded at that.

He smiled thinly, "Not much more to it... but not here and now."

"Very well I guess it can be discussed later and it is in either case not important right now, neither do your group answer to me."
The Verbena librarian said though she seamed curious.

He nodded sagely, "Yes, decidedly Fallen. Non-Fallen Magi revisit far more... pleasant experiences."

"I understand."
Martha said as she watched the prisoner slump back into being unconscious once you had removed the sand.
"What on earth are that sand Mr Wainwright?"

Fine. Unless something happens, I'll turn up at the normal time.' she replied, hoping that she'd not caught any blood or fluid splashes on her clothes. 'Two to beam up.' she said into her phone.

Mostly you seamed fine but your boots would need a wash after this. Jeffry just nodded as you was ported out.

They didn't say. But considering that no one here knows what the 'linking chamber' I'd hazard a guess that that 'others' refers to enemies who are incoming. Likely in a chamber whose purpose is to link two places." Serge surmised.

"I mean there are the place where the flow from our Node on Earth is linked to Horizon's Quintessence flow."
Martha said.
"Each Tradition have to provide a powerful Node dedicated to the preservation and protection of Horizon, to just keep the realm running you know."

"Yeah....that felt unnecessary." Serge said not sure how to feel about hurting someone who was already knocked unconscious.

"Now we know she is Fallen and it is a possibility the others of the friends are as well, so it give us a better impression about the level of threat."
Jeffry said looking at the downed woman with a frown.

[Harbour Security]

After fighting the mild disconcertedness and nausea that teleportation always brought out in her, Nicole quickly took in her new surroundings. Before taking to the people in front of her, she spoke into her phone. 'I've arrived; thanks.'

"Good let me know if you need anything else Scientist."
The guard at the cybernetics convention said before ending the call.

Nicole gave a no-nonsense nod to the woman talking to her. 'Scientist Bouchard, Steelhaven, Boston. I formally accuse Scientist Yu of St Agnes, Detroit of working with Fallen, and surrender him to the custody of the Ethics Council.' a short pause as she shifted her load. 'Where do you me to put him?'

Officer Larkins looked at the prisoner and nodded.
"Very well here bring him in here and you can fill out the paperwork once we got him in a cell."
She said though most of the others started chatting between themselves at the word Fallen. The other gray haired woman in the room, the elderly Hermetic raised an eyebrow and fished a phone out of her purse and wrote up a quick message.

You where led to the back of the building where two cells was located. One contained an irrate man in jeans, a shirt and a leather jacket, the other cell was empty.
"This is not a long therm facility for holding prisoners but it will do until I know more and so know what to do about it. Mostly this is jused to hold those who are not allowed into Horizon until a ship to get them out of the realm again can be chartered."
Larkins explained as she opened the cell door.
"The cells are enforced against magick and Science though."

Colin you get a text from your dear lawyer which said.
"A young lady was just down at the docks accusing a Etherite of working with the Fallen, I thought you would like to know, I heard you where on Horizon and I expect a visit my good man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:51 am

[Chantry Complex]
Jeremy wrote:"They didn't say. But considering that no one here knows what the 'linking chamber' I'd hazard a guess that that 'others' refers to enemies who are incoming. Likely in a chamber whose purpose is to link two places." Serge surmised.
Anja wrote:"I mean there are the place where the flow from our Node on Earth is linked to Horizon's Quintessence flow."
Martha said.
"Each Tradition have to provide a powerful Node dedicated to the preservation and protection of Horizon, to just keep the realm running you know."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Someone tried to usurp the Tree in Boston to bring a Meajin Incarna to plow through a few chantries there, best send a message to check on the Node tenders on Earth, too, in case things have been tampered with there, too..."

Anja wrote:"I understand."
Martha said as she watched the prisoner slump back into being unconscious once you had removed the sand.
"What on earth are that sand Mr Wainwright?"
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah....that felt unnecessary." Serge said not sure how to feel about hurting someone who was already knocked unconscious.
Anja wrote:"Now we know she is Fallen and it is a possibility the others of the friends are as well, so it give us a better impression about the level of threat."
He carefully checked the Fallen woman's pulse, "I disagree, Serge; it is quite important to confirm whether someone caught betraying their Tradition is Fallen or not... as for the sand, it is ephemeral castoffs from a powerful Avatar reverting itself to its proper state. Quite potent stuff. Quite miraculous, even."

Anja wrote:Colin you get a text from your dear lawyer which said.
"A young lady was just down at the docks accusing a Etherite of working with the Fallen, I thought you would like to know, I heard you where on Horizon and I expect a visit my good man."
He arched an eyebrow and tapped a reply, 'That would be my Cabalmate bringing in the culprit. I am visiting the Verbena, where we have two of theirs, including one confirmed Fallen, arrested for betrayal. I will visit, but for now, I would suggest sending out word to check the Node linking chambers for tampering; the Verbena are already checking their own. And I plan on visiting, after tomorrow's trials.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:23 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Someone tried to usurp the Tree in Boston to bring a Meajin Incarna to plow through a few chantries there, best send a message to check on the Node tenders on Earth, too, in case things have been tampered with there, too..."

Martha nodded and sent her people to go and do just that, well inform others it needed to be done and warn of the danger.

He carefully checked the Fallen woman's pulse, "I disagree, Serge; it is quite important to confirm whether someone caught betraying their Tradition is Fallen or not... as for the sand, it is ephemeral castoffs from a powerful Avatar reverting itself to its proper state. Quite potent stuff. Quite miraculous, even."

"Reverting itself from what?"
Martha asked. The prisoner's pulse was a little fast but her breathing was strong she would likely be ok but with the recent injury and then the sad she was exhausted and her system had taken quite a shock.

He arched an eyebrow and tapped a reply, 'That would be my Cabalmate bringing in the culprit. I am visiting the Verbena, where we have two of theirs, including one confirmed Fallen, arrested for betrayal. I will visit, but for now, I would suggest sending out word to check the Node linking chambers for tampering; the Verbena are already checking their own. And I plan on visiting, after tomorrow's trials.'

You got a reply back.
"The Nodes? That is serious. I will send warnings and messages to have them checked for any tampering. Take care of yourself my friend. I will leave the Etherites to their prisoner for now they seam to have it well in hand."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:57 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Reverting itself from what?"
Martha asked. The prisoner's pulse was a little fast but her breathing was strong she would likely be ok but with the recent injury and then the sad she was exhausted and her system had taken quite a shock.
Colin smiled thinly, "I think she'll be fine... Reverting itself from a Fallen state. Falling is not a one-way trip, but restoration is neither quick nor easy... nor necessarily comfortable. But it is possible."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back.
"The Nodes? That is serious. I will send warnings and messages to have them checked for any tampering. Take care of yourself my friend. I will leave the Etherites to their prisoner for now they seam to have it well in hand."
He sent back, 'You, too; tomorrow will be rough, I fear. You might wish to look into the case and state of the freshly arrested Quaesitor who was caught red-handed abusing a prisoner.'
He pocketed the phone again, "My attorney just let me know Nicole's prisoner transfer seems to have gone smoothly, and she's passing on the message to check other Node links for tampering, as well, just in case."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:26 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin smiled thinly, "I think she'll be fine... Reverting itself from a Fallen state. Falling is not a one-way trip, but restoration is neither quick nor easy... nor necessarily comfortable. But it is possible."

"Listen Mr Wainwright we have been rather accommodating, and have accepted that you have secrets you want to keep but at the veyr least you can show us respect in our own home and not try to spin some yarn, everyone knows you do not come back from Falling."
Marta said angrily her hand on her hips.

He sent back, 'You, too; tomorrow will be rough, I fear. You might wish to look into the case and state of the freshly arrested Quaesitor who was caught red-handed abusing a prisoner.'

You got a reply back from the Quesitor.
"Tomorrow will be hard on all of us but it is the affected who will feel it the most, however I will look into this recently arrested Quesitor indeed."

He pocketed the phone again, "My attorney just let me know Nicole's prisoner transfer seems to have gone smoothly, and she's passing on the message to check other Node links for tampering, as well, just in case."

Jeffry nodded at that. You saw Amadeus on his way to check on his relative together with Helena.
"Let us help the Verbena clean up and then see what my Cabalmate finds."
The old Hermetic said with a dark frown he clearly had his suspicious of Sue Rosegarten.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:19 am

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"I mean there are the place where the flow from our Node on Earth is linked to Horizon's Quintessence flow."
Martha said.
Colin wrote:Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Someone tried to usurp the Tree in Boston to bring a Meajin Incarna to plow through a few chantries there, best send a message to check on the Node tenders on Earth, too, in case things have been tampered with there, too..."

"I agree. Never hurts to check." Serge said agreeing with his cabal leaders sentiment.

Anja wrote:"Now we know she is Fallen and it is a possibility the others of the friends are as well, so it give us a better impression about the level of threat."
Colin wrote:He carefully checked the Fallen woman's pulse, "I disagree, Serge; it is quite important to confirm whether someone caught betraying their Tradition is Fallen or not... as for the sand, it is ephemeral castoffs from a powerful Avatar reverting itself to its proper state. Quite potent stuff. Quite miraculous, even."

"All right. I'll take your word for it." Serge said solemnly, still secretly disagreeing with the necessity of the procedure.

Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded at that. You saw Amadeus on his way to check on his relative together with Helena.
The old Hermetic said with a dark frown he clearly had his suspicious of Sue Rosegarten.

Serge nodded and went around cleaning up whatever he could around the recent battle area.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:15 am

[Chantry Complex]

Serge nodded and went around cleaning up whatever he could around the recent battle area.

The prisoners was escorted away and you helped to put books back on the shelves while one of the Verbena used a bottle to just attract all the blood on the floor, just about when you where done Amadeus and Helena returned.
"Sue is missing!"
Amadeus declared.
"And no one saw her leave, after the scuffle she headed for the guest rooms and she is not there or seemingly anywhere in the Verbena complex.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:25 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Listen Mr Wainwright we have been rather accommodating, and have accepted that you have secrets you want to keep but at the veyr least you can show us respect in our own home and not try to spin some yarn, everyone knows you do not come back from Falling."
Marta said angrily her hand on her hips.
Colin shook his head, "Madame, I I swear upon my Avatar, and would gladly repeat myself under a dozen Truthfinding spells - a Fallen Avatar can be reverted to its proper state. The commonly accepted 'truth' that there's no coming back is... a political convenience for the Nephandi, to keep their numbers terrified of escaping and coming to us for help. Redemption is possible, it's just very, very difficult..."

Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded at that. You saw Amadeus on his way to check on his relative together with Helena.
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded and went around cleaning up whatever he could around the recent battle area.
Colin nodded thoughtfully and helped pick up books off the floor, trying to slip them back into their proper place on the shelves.

Anja wrote:The prisoners was escorted away and you helped to put books back on the shelves while one of the Verbena used a bottle to just attract all the blood on the floor, just about when you where done Amadeus and Helena returned.
"Sue is missing!"
Amadeus declared.
"And no one saw her leave, after the scuffle she headed for the guest rooms and she is not there or seemingly anywhere in the Verbena complex.
He frowned, sliding a book into place, "Well... bugger. I would suggest checking the Linking Chamber, or scrying for her... but I expect her wards conceal her well against that? How would the Verbena normally find one of their own who doesn't want to be found?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:13 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin shook his head, "Madame, I I swear upon my Avatar, and would gladly repeat myself under a dozen Truthfinding spells - a Fallen Avatar can be reverted to its proper state. The commonly accepted 'truth' that there's no coming back is... a political convenience for the Nephandi, to keep their numbers terrified of escaping and coming to us for help. Redemption is possible, it's just very, very difficult..."

"That is a pretty tall tale to tell someone to believe Mr Wainwright, and yet that is a serious oath you make there...hum...have you actually seen this happening?"
Martha asked, some of the anger draining from her.

Colin nodded thoughtfully and helped pick up books off the floor, trying to slip them back into their proper place on the shelves.

There where books on magick, herbalism, animals, pre Christian religion and divination all over the floor but you think you got them all back onto the proper shelves.

He frowned, sliding a book into place, "Well... bugger. I would suggest checking the Linking Chamber, or scrying for her... but I expect her wards conceal her well against that? How would the Verbena normally find one of their own who doesn't want to be found?"

"Hum...asking the flora to look for them, there is allot of plants."
Amadeus commented.
"Someone are already sent to check on the Node...and yes I suspect Sue have warded herself, she was always good at that, she will not get far though she was born with a cracked if you want to put it like that, Avatar which have manifested itself in physical illness, she can not run for long...or really at all, that that it will stop a mage much."
The old Verbena looked concerned and worried.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:50 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"That is a pretty tall tale to tell someone to believe Mr Wainwright, and yet that is a serious oath you make there...hum...have you actually seen this happening?"
Martha asked, some of the anger draining from her.
Colin nodded, holding up three fingers, "One who succeeded, but was not believed by the Primi in attendance - a judicial murder for which the responsible parties will have to answer, one whom I have foreseen will succeed, and one who I have faith will make it, if she can survive the coming perils... No names today, but they'll likely be well known in the fullness of time."

Anja wrote:"Hum...asking the flora to look for them, there is allot of plants."
Amadeus commented.
"Someone are already sent to check on the Node...and yes I suspect Sue have warded herself, she was always good at that, she will not get far though she was born with a cracked if you want to put it like that, Avatar which have manifested itself in physical illness, she can not run for long...or really at all, that that it will stop a mage much."
The old Verbena looked concerned and worried.
He pondered, then offered Amadeus a sachet, "If her Avatar is not inverted, the sand will help with her stress, it will bring forth some of her strongest positive memories. Just a few grains, that's all it will take. If she's... well... in any case, asking the greenery if they saw where she went is probably the quickest way to start tracking her. I gather she knows how to teleport herself around?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:40 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded, holding up three fingers, "One who succeeded, but was not believed by the Primi in attendance - a judicial murder for which the responsible parties will have to answer, one whom I have foreseen will succeed, and one who I have faith will make it, if she can survive the coming perils... No names today, but they'll likely be well known in the fullness of time."

"I see is that so."
Martha said she clearly did not believe you.

He pondered, then offered Amadeus a sachet, "If her Avatar is not inverted, the sand will help with her stress, it will bring forth some of her strongest positive memories. Just a few grains, that's all it will take. If she's... well... in any case, asking the greenery if they saw where she went is probably the quickest way to start tracking her. I gather she knows how to teleport herself around?"

"I..."
Amadeus hesitated.
"If my relative is in trouble we need to find her and help her bit..."
He lowered his voice as he took at small bag.
"If however she is working with the Fallen...that could be devastating for Beatrice, before I have the plants try to find Sue..if she is Fallen or working with them...I want you to know I am grabbing Beatrice and I will run, as far as I have to, I am sorry I know we are all needed to defend Horizon but I am not going to let anyone hurt my apprentice...not again."
He said with regret in his eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:22 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"I see is that so."
Martha said she clearly did not believe you.
Colin smiled thinly, "It is hard to believe, I know, but the Truth is coming... and she's got her clothes back now."

Anja wrote:"I..."
Amadeus hesitated.
"If my relative is in trouble we need to find her and help her bit..."
He lowered his voice as he took at small bag.
"If however she is working with the Fallen...that could be devastating for Beatrice, before I have the plants try to find Sue..if she is Fallen or working with them...I want you to know I am grabbing Beatrice and I will run, as far as I have to, I am sorry I know we are all needed to defend Horizon but I am not going to let anyone hurt my apprentice...not again."
He said with regret in his eyes.
He frowned, leaning closer and lowering his voice, "Amadeus, let me say this as a friend, running right now would be the worst thing you could do to Beatrice. As the legal precedent stands, she can be entrusted to the care of a strong Mentor. If you run away, that's liable to be interpreted as weakness, cowardice, or both... I know that's not true, you know that's not true, but we both know exactly who is going to push that narrative. The best thing right now would be for you to be the one to find Sue, and either clear her or condemn her, or leave that part to someone else - but being seen fleeing from the truth will only doom Beatrice. She'll be fine, I'm sure of it, but... don't do something that will rob her of her chance."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:56 pm

[Harbour Security]

Anja's Post:

Nicole followed them silently, though paying attention to the audience she'd gotten.

Anja's Post:

'I see.' Nicole replied, putting her prisoner into the cell then exiting it so it could be locked up. 'Tell me, who like has the authority to order his release or transfer?' giving a puzzled frown to the officer.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:59 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin smiled thinly, "It is hard to believe, I know, but the Truth is coming... and she's got her clothes back now."

"This cleansed person was naked before?"
Martha asked raising an eyebrow.

He frowned, leaning closer and lowering his voice, "Amadeus, let me say this as a friend, running right now would be the worst thing you could do to Beatrice. As the legal precedent stands, she can be entrusted to the care of a strong Mentor. If you run away, that's liable to be interpreted as weakness, cowardice, or both... I know that's not true, you know that's not true, but we both know exactly who is going to push that narrative. The best thing right now would be for you to be the one to find Sue, and either clear her or condemn her, or leave that part to someone else - but being seen fleeing from the truth will only doom Beatrice. She'll be fine, I'm sure of it, but... don't do something that will rob her of her chance."

"I know that fleeing will means we will always have to flee, I would have to take Beatrice into the deepest reaches of the Umbra, but I will do that if it means keeping her safe. Beatrice is a Widderlsainte Colin, and one of my family members are married to the son of an Aswadim...to find more Fallen in my family, no one will leave Beatrice be after that."
Amadeus said darkly.
"Fleeing will make her look guilty, but so many will be assured of her guilt regardless it will be the only way to keep her safe...I have not seen her suffer these past months just to loose her now!"
The old Verbena whispered twisting his long, thin fingers nervously as he spoke.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:30 pm

[Harbour Security]

Nicole followed them silently, though paying attention to the audience she'd gotten.

It seamed like the idea of a Fallen in Horizon had spooked the Etherites working at the office.

'I see.' Nicole replied, putting her prisoner into the cell then exiting it so it could be locked up. 'Tell me, who like has the authority to order his release or transfer?' giving a puzzled frown to the officer.

Offiser Larkins locked up the prisoner and sigh.
"That is where it gets complicated, technically speaking if he is accused of being Fallen it is the Council of Nine and through them the Security Council who have authority over him. Other than that when a mage commit a crime if it is just something illigal within their Tradition or affecting their Tradition then it is just the authorities within that given Tradition who get involved, if his crimes affect members of other Traditions though their legal system also become involved and often the Security Council is asked to step in."
She explained.
"So what are the details, what did he do and why do you suspect him of being Fallen Scientist?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:41 pm

[Harbour Security]

Anja's Post:

'What, you gonna let the Security Council twist your arm, very well knowing it could be another traitor pulling strings to get it done?' Nicole politely shot back, trying to rile the officer's professional respect. 'That's why I brought him to you. 'Cos if nothing else, I know that you lot won't drop charges just 'cos some Master - or even a Prof - comes in and stamps feet. Yeah, put extra security on them. They might come in to simply ice them.'

Anja's Post:

A sigh to this. 'S'pose it's time for that whole fun interrogation thing. Well, lead on to the office or whatever. Any chance of getting some lunch sent in? Following him ruined mine.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:50 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"This cleansed person was naked before?"
Martha asked raising an eyebrow.
Colin blinked, "I mean, yes, we all were at some point, but I was referencing a nineteenth-century story, 'The Naked Truth and the Well-Dressed Lie' - in which Truth and Lie meet, and while Truth bathes, Lie steals her clothes and roams the world, and while the well-dressed Lie is accepted, the world is reluctant to accept the Naked Truth..."

Anja wrote:"I know that fleeing will means we will always have to flee, I would have to take Beatrice into the deepest reaches of the Umbra, but I will do that if it means keeping her safe. Beatrice is a Widderlsainte Colin, and one of my family members are married to the son of an Aswadim...to find more Fallen in my family, no one will leave Beatrice be after that."
Amadeus said darkly.
"Fleeing will make her look guilty, but so many will be assured of her guilt regardless it will be the only way to keep her safe...I have not seen her suffer these past months just to loose her now!"
The old Verbena whispered twisting his long, thin fingers nervously as he spoke.
He sighed, "Public opinion is not the first court you should worry about... The trial will go well, I have faith, as for afterwards... I know someone who can get you out and shelter you, for as long as is necessary, but I can't ask them to do so if you are fugitives from the law. All I am asking is that you don't jeopardise Beatrice's shot at a legal resolution to safeguard her. The rumour mill works quickly, but not that quickly."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:57 pm

[Harbour Security]

'What, you gonna let the Security Council twist your arm, very well knowing it could be another traitor pulling strings to get it done?' Nicole politely shot back, trying to rile the officer's professional respect.

"I tend to follow the laws Scientist, that is sort of how all of this work, and us being nine different societies that have to find a way to work together being difficult to cooperate with do not get us anywhere. Unless I have a very, very good reason otherwise I will cooperate with the authorities of Horizon, that being said if there is a good reason there are legal red tape I can throw in the way of the Security Council and that will slow them down, though at the end of the day if he is Fallen or if he have committed a crime against a member of another Tradition he is not our to keep. I can stall but not indefinitely and that stalling will come back and bite me in the ass later on."
Larkins said raising an eyebrow.

'That's why I brought him to you. 'Cos if nothing else, I know that you lot won't drop charges just 'cos some Master - or even a Prof - comes in and stamps feet. Yeah, put extra security on them. They might come in to simply ice them.'

"Extra security I can do."
Larkins said. The elderly Hermetic spoke up.
"Mr Wainwright seam to have confidence in you young lady, I will see what I can do to buy you time."
She said and with a nod of her head she left the room, her robes swooshing around her.

A sigh to this. 'S'pose it's time for that whole fun interrogation thing. Well, lead on to the office or whatever. Any chance of getting some lunch sent in? Following him ruined mine.'

"If you are ok with sandwiches there are leftovers of our lunch in the fridge in the break room, help yourself."
Larkins said and pointed to a door at the end of the hall.
"And yes let us see what we can get out of this guy."

[Chantry Complex]

Colin blinked, "I mean, yes, we all were at some point, but I was referencing a nineteenth-century story, 'The Naked Truth and the Well-Dressed Lie' - in which Truth and Lie meet, and while Truth bathes, Lie steals her clothes and roams the world, and while the well-dressed Lie is accepted, the world is reluctant to accept the Naked Truth..."

"Is that where that saying comes from? I never knew."
Martha said, she still seamed rather skeptical though.

He sighed, "Public opinion is not the first court you should worry about... The trial will go well, I have faith, as for afterwards... I know someone who can get you out and shelter you, for as long as is necessary, but I can't ask them to do so if you are fugitives from the law. All I am asking is that you don't jeopardise Beatrice's shot at a legal resolution to safeguard her. The rumour mill works quickly, but not that quickly."

"I am just worried that if Sue is involved in all of this it will be taken as cause to re arrest Bee."
Amadeus muttered sarkly.

At that point you got a text message from Udella.
"Mr Wainwright, can you talk the Verbena into not laying claim to the prisoner your Etherite friend brought in, if only one Tradition want him the Security Council can be kept out of the whole affair allot longer. I am on my way to spin some red thread but any delay helps."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:14 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Is that where that saying comes from? I never knew."
Martha said, she still seamed rather skeptical though.
Colin nodded, "That's the origin I am familiar with, at least. At any rate, a few great inaccuracies are due to be corrected, not the least of which is the possibility for a Fallen Avatar to be reverted... Not an easy process, nor quick, but possible through dedicated work. Falling is easy, but we should always strive to get back up again, in any context..."

Anja wrote:"I am just worried that if Sue is involved in all of this it will be taken as cause to re arrest Bee."
Amadeus muttered sarkly.
He nodded, "If that happens... we'll call on Masters Tolle and Adimari - they'll not stand for it."

Anja wrote:At that point you got a text message from Udella.
"Mr Wainwright, can you talk the Verbena into not laying claim to the prisoner your Etherite friend brought in, if only one Tradition want him the Security Council can be kept out of the whole affair allot longer. I am on my way to spin some red thread but any delay helps."
He looked at the message and frowned, then turned to Martha, "Ah, Ma'am... I've been asked if I could persuade your Tradition to not lay claim to the Etherite kid, to keep the Security Office out of the mess - Master Adimari is rolling out the red tape for the request, but a formal statement could be needed... If the Etherites can keep the kid as an internal problem, that would simplify a great many things."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next