Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

4 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 - Page 30 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:35 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:Two of the prisoners just ignored you. Snow replied though.
"Yeah I named her from the sound she make as she walks around her enclosure, it woulds like crackling candy wrappings or tinfoil sort of."
She replied then she sigh.
"You can have her if you can give her a good home. I mean once I am sentenced I will not be able to care for her anymore, she is in my apartment on Earth."
Colin wrote:He followed the conversation, watching the Nephandi for reactions, "We can see to it that Crackle is cared for... we would have to make sure she's not a Familiar, of course, and we'd need to know if she has medically significant venom, but I see no harm in ensuring the well-being of the pet of an enemy... Hum, I've been considering getting dogs, myself. Perhaps a sibling pair of bulldogs, might name them Vittoria and Dominic... I'd have to get them fixed, of course..."
Anja wrote:"Crackle is not a familiar but that should be easy to check. As for venom yes being stung by her would meant a trip to a healer or the emergency room and it can be lethal but are not likely to be in a healthy adult, she is not a pet one should handle. But thank you I appreciate it, she do not need much just some crickets now and again and fresh water."
Snow said.
"Depending on the type of bulldog that is not a good idea really, several nations have put some bulldog breeds on no breeding lists or are considering it, they are not known to be healthy."
Snow continued but Julianna raised an eyebrow though she said nothing.

"I can whisk by your apartment when I'm back on Earth and take Crackle to a new home. I can even relay any messages you want to give her, if you have any." Serge said, "That goes for any message you want to send anyone back on Earth. If you have any messages you want to give to a friend or loved ones I'd be happy to oblige."

(OOC: Hope your feeling well now Warp)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 - Page 30 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:47 am

[Chantry Complex]

"I can whisk by your apartment when I'm back on Earth and take Crackle to a new home. I can even relay any messages you want to give her, if you have any." Serge said, "That goes for any message you want to send anyone back on Earth. If you have any messages you want to give to a friend or loved ones I'd be happy to oblige."

"I don't think she can understand messages she is not like a dog or a cat, as long as she was an enclosure of the right temperature with the environment she need and the right temperature she is happy."
Snow said then she sigh.
"As for my family...no I have not been in contact with them for years. Thank you though I want Crackle to have a safe home."
The prisoner gave a slight smile.
"Well at least until the world end then Crackle and all other scorpions for that matter will be gone, so will all of us I guess."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:58 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Yet you don't know if it is a reasonable caution or not. Or me, for that matter. That's why old cars are more solid than new ones; old designers didn't have the computers and shit to calculate to the millimetre stuff like weight limits, stress ratings and so on so they went overboard just to make sure it didn't fall apart while you're on the Interstate or something.' she retorted. 'So no, I cannot give examples of this, as there has been no experiments to compare people's actions re: risk and the actual known risk. At least, not to my knowledge. But by the same token, you cannot prove the other way either.'

Anja's Post:

'Whatever. I'm just decribing what I've personally viewed, like. Like any theory, I'm willing to change it if actual evidence turns up.' she replied, giving a shrug and not wanting an argument over something neither could actually prove. At least, not right now.

Anja's Post:

'I said I'd swing past the Security office on the way back... I mean, I can't network if I ain't there and still ain't spoken to the organisers 'bout my slot yet.' she replied, shaking her head at seeing Carlos' wallet and feeling for the pouch of cash she'd got for the magazines earlier. 'Nah, I'm feeling flush. Speaking of, wanna take a peek at the Voidship we salvaged on the way here?'

[Purely OOC, is the 'main discussion' Carlos' view or Word Of God? 'Cos while Nick did exaggerate, I'd say from my reading of materials that her main bit of the argument ('Traditions generally don't care about Sleepers or their doings much') does seem to resonate in the canon material (I mean, technomancers *do* want to advance tech generally, which usually helps the masses too etc). Not looking for an argument; just need to factor it in if you go with the latter answer.]

[Ouchie, Warp. Nobody likes to have injuries which are surprisingly dehabilitating but sound petty.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:06 am

[Concordia]

'Yet you don't know if it is a reasonable caution or not. Or me, for that matter. That's why old cars are more solid than new ones; old designers didn't have the computers and shit to calculate to the millimetre stuff like weight limits, stress ratings and so on so they went overboard just to make sure it didn't fall apart while you're on the Interstate or something.' she retorted. 'So no, I cannot give examples of this, as there has been no experiments to compare people's actions re: risk and the actual known risk. At least, not to my knowledge. But by the same token, you cannot prove the other way either.'

"So is it really a problem that need to be solved? I lock my door when I leave my apartment I do not read studies on the likelihood of my place being robbed. I think it is a easy precaution to make. When you know there are supernaturals int he world being a little extra cautious do not really seam like a bad thing or something that we really need a big study to confirm. I do not know anyone who do not go out or do not live their lives because they are afraid of meeting a supernatural creature out on the town. It seam like you have created a solution to a problem that is not really there."
Carlos replied.
"If allot of mages just stayed inside and hid from the world then yes, but if some take an extra look to check if their date is breathing is this really a big issue even if the chances of their date being a vampire is fairly low. Statistically the chance of dying in a car accident is also low I still wear a seat belt."

Whatever. I'm just decribing what I've personally viewed, like. Like any theory, I'm willing to change it if actual evidence turns up.' she replied, giving a shrug and not wanting an argument over something neither could actually prove. At least, not right now.

"That is fair. I guess I have just been luckier with meetings with other Traditions than you have."
Carlos replied.
"I have gotten to see them at their best and you at their worst it is valid your are skeptical."

'I said I'd swing past the Security office on the way back... I mean, I can't network if I ain't there and still ain't spoken to the organisers 'bout my slot yet.' she replied, shaking her head at seeing Carlos' wallet and feeling for the pouch of cash she'd got for the magazines earlier. 'Nah, I'm feeling flush. Speaking of, wanna take a peek at the Voidship we salvaged on the way here?'

"That I would like a peek at yeah."
Carlos said.
"So dropping by the security office then and then checking when and where you will be on at the convention before we find a place to ahve a look at the ship...also thank you I will pay next time then."
He said with a smile.

(OOC: None of the Traditions are all bad or all good. I have also read the material and I can not say it seam like the Etherites care any more for sleepers than anyone else.)

(OOC 2: Yeah finger pad injuries are so sore even if they are not serious they are so irritating.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:32 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"That is not my point, every situation would need a different approach to try to protect someone you have seen bad things happening to. My point is that you do try to prevent it you do not just sit back with a oh but that is meant to happen attitude."
Martha replied.
Colin nodded, "Oh, I would never just sit back... Might find myself forced to watch and wait, but even when Old Man Wrinkle himself told me something has to happen, I'm preparing everything I can to avoid lasting harm... I've saved two people from a future brain trauma, the third... will not accept treatment while conscious; I'll have to wait to help her. But I will."

Anja wrote:"Crackle is not a familiar but that should be easy to check. As for venom yes being stung by her would meant a trip to a healer or the emergency room and it can be lethal but are not likely to be in a healthy adult, she is not a pet one should handle. But thank you I appreciate it, she do not need much just some crickets now and again and fresh water."
Snow said.
"Depending on the type of bulldog that is not a good idea really, several nations have put some bulldog breeds on no breeding lists or are considering it, they are not known to be healthy."
Snow continued but Julianna raised an eyebrow though she said nothing.
He smiled icily at Julianna, nodding to Snow, "Yes, I said I'd have to have them fixed, they've got all sorts of hereditary issues these days. But still, there's a bit of Steel there, if you know where to look..."

Jeremy wrote:"I can whisk by your apartment when I'm back on Earth and take Crackle to a new home. I can even relay any messages you want to give her, if you have any." Serge said, "That goes for any message you want to send anyone back on Earth. If you have any messages you want to give to a friend or loved ones I'd be happy to oblige."
Anja wrote:"I don't think she can understand messages she is not like a dog or a cat, as long as she was an enclosure of the right temperature with the environment she need and the right temperature she is happy."
Snow said then she sigh.
"As for my family...no I have not been in contact with them for years. Thank you though I want Crackle to have a safe home."
"Well at least until the world end then Crackle and all other scorpions for that matter will be gone, so will all of us I guess."
He shrugged, "The world will end when the world will end... It seems rather inappropriate to try to rush it; I'm sure we can ensure Crackle gets to enjoy a good, long life. Hum... how long does that species of scorpion live, anyway?"

((OOC: Yeah, tiny little papercuts and similar superficial injuries are the WORST when they occur in places where you constantly poke the wound against things - palms, fingertips, that sort of thing... And Ye Gods, do I get a lot of papercuts, working the printroom... Neutral ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:25 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded, "Oh, I would never just sit back... Might find myself forced to watch and wait, but even when Old Man Wrinkle himself told me something has to happen, I'm preparing everything I can to avoid lasting harm... I've saved two people from a future brain trauma, the third... will not accept treatment while conscious; I'll have to wait to help her. But I will."

"Well fuck Old Man Wrinkle I do not care who say something have to happen, I live in the here and now if a spirit tell me I just have to let someone die in a car accident because that is what the future demands fuck that I will try to save them by warning them or you know trying to take something out of the engines of their car to stop it from starting on the given day, whatever I can I will do to stop it."
Martha said with a sigh.
"But I am glad you was able to help those people Mr Wainwright."

He smiled icily at Julianna, nodding to Snow, "Yes, I said I'd have to have them fixed, they've got all sorts of hereditary issues these days. But still, there's a bit of Steel there, if you know where to look..."

"Well i guess that if you adopt a couple and have them fixed so they can not spread their genes that is ok but be prepared to have a friendly Verbena on hand or you will get allot of vet bills."
Snow said and Julianna just raised another eyebrow and said nothing.

He shrugged, "The world will end when the world will end... It seems rather inappropriate to try to rush it; I'm sure we can ensure Crackle gets to enjoy a good, long life. Hum... how long does that species of scorpion live, anyway?"

"Around five years...she is three years old now. Not that a bit of magick can not prolong that."
Snow said.
"The world have to end...I..."
She begun then she sigh.
"Well never mind you are not here for a debate on philosophy, I would appreciate it if you could get my scorpion a good home though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:56 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Well fuck Old Man Wrinkle I do not care who say something have to happen, I live in the here and now if a spirit tell me I just have to let someone die in a car accident because that is what the future demands fuck that I will try to save them by warning them or you know trying to take something out of the engines of their car to stop it from starting on the given day, whatever I can I will do to stop it."
Martha said with a sigh.
"But I am glad you was able to help those people Mr Wainwright."
Colin chuckled wryly, "Now, now, Old Man Wrinkle is quite the kindly gentleman, but I would genuinely advise against an adversarial stance... The issue is an effect that loses its cause; if you learn about something from a future vision of that something going wrong, and the thing going wrong is the only way you could discover it, well... you have to allow the mishap to happen, so the problem is properly revealed. You can still be on hand in advance with everything needed to prevent loss of life and limb in the process. I never said someone has to die, but there are, sadly, times where someone has to be in harm's way once to prevent it from happening to anyone else later. The phrase 'Never Again' is quite apt there... and if I can ensure that no-one else has to be the one to take the figurative bullet, I can live with that."

Anja wrote:"Well i guess that if you adopt a couple and have them fixed so they can not spread their genes that is ok but be prepared to have a friendly Verbena on hand or you will get allot of vet bills."
Snow said and Julianna just raised another eyebrow and said nothing.
He clicked his tongue for a moment, then nodded to Julianna, "You know... I can ask around for you, see if you can get away with mere execution if you tell the Security Office everything. I might not hold any power, but I can try to negotiate a little on your behalf. Worth considering..."

Anja wrote:"Around five years...she is three years old now. Not that a bit of magick can not prolong that."
Snow said.
She begun then she sigh.
"Well never mind you are not here for a debate on philosophy, I would appreciate it if you could get my scorpion a good home though."
He nodded, "I'm not arguing the world won't have to end at some point, in some manner, just that it shouldn't be rushed. Sloppy work leaves errors behind... but we'll see to it that Crackle is well cared for."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:03 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

A shake of the head to this, lip curling a little with annoyance. 'How the hell can you say such a thing and still claim to be a Scientist, mon? "Oh, I don't need actual evidence, the anecdotes I have is enough". MilSci is my field and I will bring science to it to improve our chances. You said similar when I was "messing about" with all that jello and kevlar; ended up proving that for vampire pistol take-downs, you need to do it Dirty Harry style with a .44 Magmum and most of you were packing pieces which were underperforming due to shit ammo and worn barrels.' cooling down a little, appreciating that Carlos' field was electronics and it wasn't immediately obvious to the utility of some of her theories and experiments to an outsider.

'But as you said, this tech - if I can get it working right - would be useful in many different ways. Some Security Chiefs would like to know what kinds of numbers their turf has, others won't care. Doing it might for example show us that there's other groups hiding from us.' thinking of the Ratkin for a moment again. 'You know how it is; invent the tech, then watch folks adapt it into things you never thought of.'

Anja's Post:

'The ship is just 'round the corner... unless they moved it to another dock or something. Seems a bit stupid to not take a peek on our way back.' standing up from the chair and stretching out.

[Well, having an organisation which wants to 'help' the Sleepers (and society) isn't inherently good either. The Union, for example could be said to want to help them but does it in such a arrogantly paternalistic manner it's dead-handed and suffocating to them.]

[Mine is foot blisters. When your work has you on your feet for say 10 hours straight, it's no laughing matter.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:02 pm

[Concordia]

A shake of the head to this, lip curling a little with annoyance. 'How the hell can you say such a thing and still claim to be a Scientist, mon? "Oh, I don't need actual evidence, the anecdotes I have is enough". MilSci is my field and I will bring science to it to improve our chances. You said similar when I was "messing about" with all that jello and kevlar; ended up proving that for vampire pistol take-downs, you need to do it Dirty Harry style with a .44 Magmum and most of you were packing pieces which were underperforming due to shit ammo and worn barrels.' cooling down a little, appreciating that Carlos' field was electronics and it wasn't immediately obvious to the utility of some of her theories and experiments to an outsider.

"I do not need fifteen peer reviewed studies to tell me that locking my door is probably a good idea. It is possible to become a slave of science as well, it should be treated as what it is, a very useful information gathering tool. Now I agree knowing how many other Awakened is around that would be useful to study, but to do so just in case someone look a bit to closely to see if their date breathe I do not agree this is a problem that need to be addressed."
Carlos said with a sigh.
"Notice I did not say the number of supernaturals should not be studied, I said that as far as I know mages being over cautious is not a issue that need to be addressed in itself, there is allot of other applications for getting such numbers, however I just do not see the problem with someone being a bit more cautious than they need to be. Like I said right where I live about 3 percent of the population experience their home being broken in to at some point, so the likelihood that it is useful for me to lock my door when leaving is not that great but I do not really need the numbers of how much more likely I am to have my stuff stolen if I lock it vs not since it do not cost me anything to do it. The way I look at it this, the more costly a precaution is to do, the more evidence I need to have of the need to do said precautions, measured up against the risk of not doing it. So yeah just sitting in your locked house because you are afraid of vampires for example that is to high a cost and makes no sense but begin a little extra cautions cause no harm and I see no problem with that even if the actual chance of encountering a vampire are relatively low."

'But as you said, this tech - if I can get it working right - would be useful in many different ways. Some Security Chiefs would like to know what kinds of numbers their turf has, others won't care. Doing it might for example show us that there's other groups hiding from us.' thinking of the Ratkin for a moment again. 'You know how it is; invent the tech, then watch folks adapt it into things you never thought of.'

"Not to mention that regular such scans could tell us if the numbers of a given critter go drastic up or down which would be quite useful to know when it comes to potential dangerous to the Traditions."
The other Etherite agreed.

The ship is just 'round the corner... unless they moved it to another dock or something. Seems a bit stupid to not take a peek on our way back.' standing up from the chair and stretching out.

"Sure let us head out to the ship then, just let me get a cup of coffee."
Carlos said and he headed over to a kiosk and bought a couple of cups of coffee and handed you one.
"If you want one? If not then more for me."

(OOC: The problem is that Technomancers do not want to help sleeper any more or less that members of other Traditions. Yes originally for the Union they actually did want to help and what became the Traditions was less interested and the Union became far to power hungry. However in Mage generally mages are those few who give a damn, now the way they give a damn can vary allot and I mean ask for example a far left and a far right person what should be done to better the world you will get very different answers so there are conflict but most of the Transitions want a better world for everyone though induvidual members are led astray by hubris more often than not.)

(OOC 2: Yeah that sound like it would suck.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:18 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah? What if your lock is a POS? What if the door-frame is so rotten I could simply kick the door in, allowing you to see your hallowed lock still locked, but in a pile of wood splinters?' she shot back. 'In them cases, your lock is giving you a false sense of security. Systems approach, mon - to look at every single step and assume nothing.'

Anja's Post:

'Dunno if folks are being over-cautious, lack of data... which is the whole point. Might turn out we're way too risky in habits.' Nicole replied. 'Plus, what precautions done in Metro Detroit might seem kinda excessive if in Cabot Cove. Though if I remember right, that place was riskier than Detroit going on the amount of murders in that show.'

Anja's Post:

'Though that depends on how good the scans are, like. Part of the alpha testing will be to try to scan places like other bases and stuff. To also work out if they can tell if they've been scanned too.' looking up, waiting for the bill so she could pay it.

Anja's Post:

'Nother one? Weren't the last one okay?' she quipped, pulling on her coat as she stepped out into the afternoon.

[Yes, the Union have fallen far past their original ideals (which prompted both the Etherite and Adept defections) but they still have the *rhetoric* that they do What Needs To Be Done to help the Sleepers, which still means something (more so to say, the Void Engineers than the Syndicate). Traditions like the Order of Hermes or Verbena don't really have this ethos (as far as I can tell); it doesn't mean for a moment individual members don't to it, merely means that they never got an official lecture to why they should. At least is how I read it.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:30 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin wrote:He clicked his tongue for a moment, then nodded to Julianna, "You know... I can ask around for you, see if you can get away with mere execution if you tell the Security Office everything. I might not hold any power, but I can try to negotiate a little on your behalf. Worth considering..."

While Colin asked Julianna directly, Serge made sure to keep an eye on the other two to see if that deal seemed enticing to them.

Anja wrote:"I don't think she can understand messages she is not like a dog or a cat, as long as she was an enclosure of the right temperature with the environment she need and the right temperature she is happy."
Snow said then she sigh.
Colin wrote:He shrugged, "The world will end when the world will end... It seems rather inappropriate to try to rush it; I'm sure we can ensure Crackle gets to enjoy a good, long life. Hum... how long does that species of scorpion live, anyway?"
Anja wrote:"Around five years...she is three years old now. Not that a bit of magick can not prolong that."
Snow said.
She begun then she sigh.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I'm not arguing the world won't have to end at some point, in some manner, just that it shouldn't be rushed. Sloppy work leaves errors behind... but we'll see to it that Crackle is well cared for."

"She may not understand messages, but she certainly has feelings about things. The sight of the human who provides food to her is likely a positive memory. And I can provide impressions of her relocation being the last gesture of her favorite Master." Serge said, then adding nonchalantly, "You can rest assured that Crackle will have a good home. As long as nothing bad happens to Horizon in the near future which could result in my death of course."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:43 pm

[Concordia]

'Yeah? What if your lock is a POS? What if the door-frame is so rotten I could simply kick the door in, allowing you to see your hallowed lock still locked, but in a pile of wood splinters?' she shot back. 'In them cases, your lock is giving you a false sense of security. Systems approach, mon - to look at every single step and assume nothing.'

"Are you just arguing to argue now Nicole for this seriously have nothing to do with my example. There are exceptions to every rule which is where common sense come into the picture. Also that something will not always work do not mean one should no do what one can to stay safe. What you are saying is the same as saying, oh no one should ever fucking use a seat belt because you can still get hurt if you wear one. Yes someone who really want to get in will be able to get past a locked door however that do not mean I need to make it easier for someone who want to get in by not locking my door. Common sense Nick it is a thing that exist."
Carlos said with a sigh.

'Dunno if folks are being over-cautious, lack of data... which is the whole point. Might turn out we're way too risky in habits.' Nicole replied. 'Plus, what precautions done in Metro Detroit might seem kinda excessive if in Cabot Cove. Though if I remember right, that place was riskier than Detroit going on the amount of murders in that show.'

"And I have not say I am against studying this. If you recall I offered to help. All I commented was that there do not seam to be some sort of immediate need to make people less cautious about supernaturals. Learning more about what is out there is a good thing I have never claimed differently."
The other Etherite replied.

Though that depends on how good the scans are, like. Part of the alpha testing will be to try to scan places like other bases and stuff. To also work out if they can tell if they've been scanned too.' looking up, waiting for the bill so she could pay it.

"I mean this seam like a pretty regular bit of Hypertech...so I suspect wards and the like would interfere with it but how detectable it is and how and what kinds of wards affect it would have to be tested."
The other Etherite agreed with a nod.

'Nother one? Weren't the last one okay?' she quipped, pulling on her coat as she stepped out into the afternoon.

"The coffee from the the diner...no dammit that taste like motor oil...or dragon piss or both."
Carlos replied.
"Ok then lead the way? And did you want one of these coffees?"

[Chantry Complex]

He clicked his tongue for a moment, then nodded to Julianna, "You know... I can ask around for you, see if you can get away with mere execution if you tell the Security Office everything. I might not hold any power, but I can try to negotiate a little on your behalf. Worth considering..."

While Colin asked Julianna directly, Serge made sure to keep an eye on the other two to see if that deal seemed enticing to them.

"Ah yes I am supposed to spill the beans over an empty promise, you know as well as me that Fallen are not let off with an execution. I guess it is practical for our side that you really have nothing to offer that makes talking remotely tempting."
Julianna replied after a moment pause.

"She may not understand messages, but she certainly has feelings about things. The sight of the human who provides food to her is likely a positive memory. And I can provide impressions of her relocation being the last gesture of her favorite Master." Serge said, then adding nonchalantly, "You can rest assured that Crackle will have a good home. As long as nothing bad happens to Horizon in the near future which could result in my death of course."

"Yes she might recognize my presence."
Snow said then she sigh.
"I am not going to betray the Nephandi for anything kid...but you are kind and I do hope you survive to help Crackle...the thing that is wrong with this world is wrong with humans...not animals they just exist and live their lives they do not have the cruelty humans have."

(OOC: I had missed Colin's question to Julianna.)
(OOC 2: Other Traditions also very much have ideals about helping sleepers and to no more or less degree than the Etherites or the Virtual Adepts. Individual mages then live up to those ideals or not.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:30 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Ah yes I am supposed to spill the beans over an empty promise, you know as well as me that Fallen are not let off with an execution. I guess it is practical for our side that you really have nothing to offer that makes talking remotely tempting."
Julianna replied after a moment pause.
Colin paused for a moment, "While there is change on the wind, with evidence that Falling is reversible finally coming to light, you are correct in that that is rather a crap shot. On the other hand, I understand it is still possible, however improbable, to be sentenced to life after, well... I have seen what that can do to people, even the ones that don't become catatonic... you might wish to consider that flip side of things..."

Jeremy wrote:"She may not understand messages, but she certainly has feelings about things. The sight of the human who provides food to her is likely a positive memory. And I can provide impressions of her relocation being the last gesture of her favorite Master." Serge said, then adding nonchalantly, "You can rest assured that Crackle will have a good home. As long as nothing bad happens to Horizon in the near future which could result in my death of course."
Anja wrote:"Yes she might recognize my presence."
Snow said then she sigh.
"I am not going to betray the Nephandi for anything kid...but you are kind and I do hope you survive to help Crackle...the thing that is wrong with this world is wrong with humans...not animals they just exist and live their lives they do not have the cruelty humans have."
He gave Serge an approving nod, "Wouldn't be the first pet we've rescued from our enemies... There remains a sliver of humanity in you, and that... might yet be the saving grace that will ultimately help us set things right again."

((OOC: 'Sokay, I've been stuck with centuries of work again this week - binding calendars - so my energy levels have been depleted. Setting up the dates correctly is fortunately fairly easily automated - turns out the 2023 calendar didn't age well for potential reuse. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:56 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin paused for a moment, "While there is change on the wind, with evidence that Falling is reversible finally coming to light, you are correct in that that is rather a crap shot. On the other hand, I understand it is still possible, however improbable, to be sentenced to life after, well... I have seen what that can do to people, even the ones that don't become catatonic... you might wish to consider that flip side of things..."

"I have nothing to say to you."
Julianna said simply.
"You have nothing to offer and should I be kept alive then at least I will have the satisfaction of knowing I never gave you what you wanted."
She added with a slight shudder.

He gave Serge an approving nod, "Wouldn't be the first pet we've rescued from our enemies... There remains a sliver of humanity in you, and that... might yet be the saving grace that will ultimately help us set things right again."

"I care about Crackle Mr Wainwright and I am grateful for she being taken care of, but make no mistake I am Fallen and I agree with the goals of the Fallen this world have to end to leave room for a better...cleaner world. I am not going tot alk."
Snow replied glancing over at Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:22 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"Yes she might recognize my presence."
Snow said then she sigh.
Colin wrote:He gave Serge an approving nod, "Wouldn't be the first pet we've rescued from our enemies... There remains a sliver of humanity in you, and that... might yet be the saving grace that will ultimately help us set things right again."
Colin wrote:He gave Serge an approving nod, "Wouldn't be the first pet we've rescued from our enemies... There remains a sliver of humanity in you, and that... might yet be the saving grace that will ultimately help us set things right again."
Anja wrote:"I care about Crackle Mr Wainwright and I am grateful for she being taken care of, but make no mistake I am Fallen and I agree with the goals of the Fallen this world have to end to leave room for a better...cleaner world. I am not going tot alk."
Snow replied glancing over at Colin.

"Pets, spirits, former fallen. We do have a knack for saving people that others would generally ignore. Perhaps we'll also try and save all of the animals on Horizon as well. From whatever disaster is upcoming." Serge said matter-of-factly.

He walked over to Thomas and said, "Helloooo~. How's it going? Noticed you've been staying quiet over here. It's not like I'm asking important questions. Maybe your not an animal guy? How about another questions? What's your favorite color?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:38 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Pets, spirits, former fallen. We do have a knack for saving people that others would generally ignore. Perhaps we'll also try and save all of the animals on Horizon as well. From whatever disaster is upcoming." Serge said matter-of-factly.

The prisoners said nothing to this.

He walked over to Thomas and said, "Helloooo~. How's it going? Noticed you've been staying quiet over here. It's not like I'm asking important questions. Maybe your not an animal guy? How about another questions? What's your favorite color?"

Thomas said nothing and just looked at you defiantly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:43 pm

(OOC: We are again at 30 pages and so it is time for a new IC thread. Everyone get 2 exp for this tread. Serge can add a dot of Resources for free to his sheet for his inheritance.

Here are the link to the next IC thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t292-the-node-the-trial-and-a-cybernetics-convention-ic-thread-60#49948

Good job with the gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30