Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

4 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 Empty A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:39 pm

(OOC: Colin is with Admiral Hastings at her private Umbra dock, in Dalisse's ship discussing an alliance between the Nephandi Lords. Nicole is talking with a suspicious young Etherite at the Cybernetics convention and Serge is at a treasure hunt in a Cultist museum of divination. Tragedy and Meridia are still at Jeffry's house. Happy gaming.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:34 am

[After lunch Meeting with the Admiral]
Anja wrote:"If this is a spirit then I can guarantee the Council will not accept such a service from a entity associated with someone on the outside."
Alexis replied.
Colin nodded, "Understandable. He doesn't have ties to other than me, of which I am aware, but the Council would not want to trust that... or me, I suppose."

Anja wrote:"Oh many, we do roam in the Deep, would you like a list my friend?"
The fish like woman said with a slight smile on her strange lips.
He chuckled, "A story would be preferable to some simple list, but... you'd be the teller of the tale, so please, do enlighten us for a minute or five."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:39 am

Colin nodded, "Understandable. He doesn't have ties to other than me, of which I am aware, but the Council would not want to trust that... or me, I suppose."

"Many would not indeed Mr Wainwright, and some would worry you grow to fast in power and influence, you and your Cabal."
Alexis mushed as she regarded you.

He chuckled, "A story would be preferable to some simple list, but... you'd be the teller of the tale, so please, do enlighten us for a minute or five."

Dalisse nodded and she put her teacup down.
"We found a world, deep in the blackness of the Void, it is the home of decaying ideas, old fantasies, notions, world views, they all go there to die, and these dying ideas they are all waiting for a savior which will lead them out of decay and back into physical reality."
She said with a slight smile talking of her adventures.
"We sat the birth of a ancient god, time as you know it do not exist and the universe screamed as the ancient one was born from nothing to bring nothing."
She continued and picked up her teacup as well.
"We found a world where what you call Correspondence do not exist, there is no direction, no form, no size no mass, no connections, everything exist without form."
As the Keeper spoke Helena gave you a bit of a nervous look over the strange things the fish like woman was talking about. Dalisse's eyes took on a religious favor.
"I have seen the Wyck dance but unfortunately the Dark Mother was not among them. Even so a most blessed sight."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:42 pm

Anja wrote:"Many would not indeed Mr Wainwright, and some would worry you grow to fast in power and influence, you and your Cabal."
Alexis mushed as she regarded you.
Colin smiled wryly, "My growth in power is... not really much to speak of. I have Cabalmates less than half my age with greater raw power than my own. My influence, though - I cannot fault that concern, having made some powerful friends. But there remain some quite clear limits to how much I can lean on said friends without endangering said friendships. But I will admit to have had some... spectacular luck in gaining results against the Fallen and... becoming a personal nuisance to certain individuals."

Anja wrote:Dalisse nodded and she put her teacup down.
"We found a world, deep in the blackness of the Void, it is the home of decaying ideas, old fantasies, notions, world views, they all go there to die, and these dying ideas they are all waiting for a savior which will lead them out of decay and back into physical reality."
She said with a slight smile talking of her adventures.
"We sat the birth of a ancient god, time as you know it do not exist and the universe screamed as the ancient one was born from nothing to bring nothing."
She continued and picked up her teacup as well.
"We found a world where what you call Correspondence do not exist, there is no direction, no form, no size no mass, no connections, everything exist without form."
As the Keeper spoke Helena gave you a bit of a nervous look over the strange things the fish like woman was talking about. Dalisse's eyes took on a religious favor.
"I have seen the Wyck dance but unfortunately the Dark Mother was not among them. Even so a most blessed sight."
He sipped his tea thoughtfully, "The world of old concepts, that sounds interesting; these are things that have fallen out of favour or been largely forgotten, then, like the cubit unit of measurement, or texts that were lost with the Library of Alexandria, that sort of thing?"
He frowned, "The ancient god of which you speak does sound unsettling, though - as does the world without borders or links... Not something most would be able to behold without losing their grasp on reality, I fear. The Wyck, though, that must have been a spectacular sight indeed. I take it you were not able to dance alongside them?"

Mulling over the descriptions, he finished his tea, and glanced at Helena and Hastings, "Well... as much as I enjoy seeing you delight in tales of your travels, I am prepared to question the captive. Ladies?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:41 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Why so interested? Looking for a career change or something?' she replied, wondering how the "rumour" could spread so quickly.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:53 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "My growth in power is... not really much to speak of. I have Cabalmates less than half my age with greater raw power than my own. My influence, though - I cannot fault that concern, having made some powerful friends. But there remain some quite clear limits to how much I can lean on said friends without endangering said friendships. But I will admit to have had some... spectacular luck in gaining results against the Fallen and... becoming a personal nuisance to certain individuals."

"I am not saying there is anything wrong with it I am just saying the Council will not agree to anything which give you power over Horizon's security system."
Alexis said simply.

He sipped his tea thoughtfully, "The world of old concepts, that sounds interesting; these are things that have fallen out of favour or been largely forgotten, then, like the cubit unit of measurement, or texts that were lost with the Library of Alexandria, that sort of thing?"

"Yes as well as concepts and ideas which was never popular enough to fully manifest, their potential cut short by the Consensus."
The Keeper replied sipping her tea.

He frowned, "The ancient god of which you speak does sound unsettling, though - as does the world without borders or links... Not something most would be able to behold without losing their grasp on reality, I fear. The Wyck, though, that must have been a spectacular sight indeed. I take it you were not able to dance alongside them?"

"Unsettling yes but still part of the whole."
Dalisse agreed then she sigh.
"Alas no the Wyck's raw power is so that it would be like an ant dancing with giants, they could have crushed me with a look of their eyes or a flick of their finger without even knowing I was there, but yes it was magickal to watch those who can be called nothing less than gods dance, more than gods since they are not bound to a single domain or idea. They are the first of us...the best of us. What we where and what we will become."

Mulling over the descriptions, he finished his tea, and glanced at Helena and Hastings, "Well... as much as I enjoy seeing you delight in tales of your travels, I am prepared to question the captive. Ladies?"

"We will back you up Mr Wainwright."
Helena said and the Admiral nodded. Dalisse smiled and elegantly stood.
"I will wait here then, my ship will show you the way to where the prisoner is kept."

[TimeStop Labs]

'Why so interested? Looking for a career change or something?' she replied, wondering how the "rumour" could spread so quickly.

"A daring battle with Jodi Blake, a captured Technocrat, a realm full of tentacle unicorns who would not be interested."
The young man said slyly.
"It sound like a pulp novel."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:36 pm

[After lunch, Serge's Trip]

Anja wrote:"Yes that is correct kid however you spoke about looking up at the sky and finding constellations, and that is far more astronomy than astrology unless you add the mystical parts which involve charts, study and hours pouring over meanings. Astrology is not just looking at the stars and imagining you see something there, it is a deep study."
Amadeus replied.
"Identifying constellations are simply easy astronomy, figuring out how those constellations though all other things affecting it will affect your life is astrology."

"Yeah that makes sense. I like Astrology. A lot more fun." Serge said.

Anja wrote:The old planchettes was beautifully painted and Amadeus nodded.
"They are used for automatic writing, you see they look like the tool you use with the ever popular Ouija board but these have little wheels and you put a pen through the hole and write with them."
The odl Verbena explained.
"Actually kid you might like automatic writing as a divination tool, perhaps not the writing part but you could do automatic drawing as well."

"Huh, sorta reminds me of a 3d printer that a VA would use. Like an early version of those systems. Except instead of a computer moving the pencil it'd be a spirit." Serge said looking fascinated by the old boards.

"Automatic drawing is pretty cool. I'd love to see what spirits would draw if able."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:41 pm

Yeah that makes sense. I like Astrology. A lot more fun." Serge said.

"Indeed it is fun, though it require hours of study, chart comparisons, math, memorization and like I said it can be a fairly in depth study, though a rewarding one."
Amadeus said.

"Huh, sorta reminds me of a 3d printer that a VA would use. Like an early version of those systems. Except instead of a computer moving the pencil it'd be a spirit." Serge said looking fascinated by the old boards.

"Automatic drawing is pretty cool. I'd love to see what spirits would draw if able."

The old Verbena nodded.
"Spirits can communicate they just need a way to do so, and some would think the symbol language of art might be easier for them to reach out though than words."
He then smiled.
"I am no great wood worker and I might not be able to make things as beautiful as these ones here but I can make you a plachette if you want to try it out."
The old blood witch offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:56 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Is that a good or a bad thing?' she quipped lazily, letting her accent widen, playing up the "dumb grunt" persona a bit. Hoping that Baynes closed his opening speech fairly sharpish - before she ran out of asinine comments or the kid went away.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:46 pm

Anja wrote:The old Verbena nodded.
"Spirits can communicate they just need a way to do so, and some would think the symbol language of art might be easier for them to reach out though than words."
He then smiled.
"I am no great wood worker and I might not be able to make things as beautiful as these ones here but I can make you a plachette if you want to try it out."
The old blood witch offered.

"Thanks for the offer, but I don't this is the right tool for me. Don't get me wrong I think it's a cool tool. But for divination I think this isn't the style I'd want. I'd prefer that I see the future myself rather than ask some entity to tell it to me." Serge said, "Let's go see what the other rooms have to offer. "
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:54 am

Anja wrote:"I am not saying there is anything wrong with it I am just saying the Council will not agree to anything which give you power over Horizon's security system."
Alexis said simply.
Colin nodded, "And that is a rather good thing. I don't think I'd trust a Council that would let a nobody suddenly popping up on their radar handle security concerns. At any rate, the spirit in question wouldn't give anyone power over security... he's an observer, not an actor, as it were."

Anja wrote:"Yes as well as concepts and ideas which was never popular enough to fully manifest, their potential cut short by the Consensus."
The Keeper replied sipping her tea.
He pondered, then smiled wryly, "The Libraries of Dream, where all the book never written are shelved... it would be an interesting place to visit, but doesn't sound entirely safe. Sounds like the local fauna would be... marginal."

Anja wrote:"Unsettling yes but still part of the whole."
Dalisse agreed then she sigh.
"Alas no the Wyck's raw power is so that it would be like an ant dancing with giants, they could have crushed me with a look of their eyes or a flick of their finger without even knowing I was there, but yes it was magickal to watch those who can be called nothing less than gods dance, more than gods since they are not bound to a single domain or idea. They are the first of us...the best of us. What we where and what we will become."
Colin thought for a moment, "If you pick an ant up on your finger, and place it back down, and another ant asks the first ant 'What was that?', what would the first ant say? Hum... well, I suppose we do have the potential to someday greet them as equals."

Anja wrote:"We will back you up Mr Wainwright."
Helena said and the Admiral nodded. Dalisse smiled and elegantly stood.
"I will wait here then, my ship will show you the way to where the prisoner is kept."
He smiled warmly to Dalisse, "Very well, and if we need to make haste with the information, I'll still make sure to get the box of books and some groceries delivered via Admiral Hastings, if she permits."
He got up, bowed, and strolled over to the door, patting the frame, "Alright then, old boy, lead the way to this captive."

((OOC: Yes, Colin is shamelessly quoting Babylon 5. It's a very good quote, from a very good, quotable show. Which stole a metric crapton of quotes from other sources, such as Lord of the Rings. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:18 am

Colin nodded, "And that is a rather good thing. I don't think I'd trust a Council that would let a nobody suddenly popping up on their radar handle security concerns. At any rate, the spirit in question wouldn't give anyone power over security... he's an observer, not an actor, as it were."

"It don't matter. I assume you as well as me understand how the Council would never agree to such a suggestion."
Alexis replied firmly.

He pondered, then smiled wryly, "The Libraries of Dream, where all the book never written are shelved... it would be an interesting place to visit, but doesn't sound entirely safe. Sounds like the local fauna would be... marginal."

"It is not safe but yes it is interesting. It is a place to learn from what have been and what never was."
Dalisse agreed with a nod of her head.

Colin thought for a moment, "If you pick an ant up on your finger, and place it back down, and another ant asks the first ant 'What was that?', what would the first ant say? Hum... well, I suppose we do have the potential to someday greet them as equals."

"One day yes and it is their wish that we will do so. Humanity was never meant to be small, it is our own minds which make us so. One day we will grow and stand as giants and then we can dance with the first ones."
The Keeper said with a small smile on her face.

He smiled warmly to Dalisse, "Very well, and if we need to make haste with the information, I'll still make sure to get the box of books and some groceries delivered via Admiral Hastings, if she permits."
He got up, bowed, and strolled over to the door, patting the frame, "Alright then, old boy, lead the way to this captive."

"Certainly Mr Wainwright."
Alexis said with a nod of her head.
"It was good to see you again Colin."
Dalisse said with a warm smile and she moved over to you and put her delicate hand on yours, it felt like a small bird sat on your hand.
"Now go I came because I believe Horizon is in danger, and that danger needs to be dealt with."

"Thanks for the offer, but I don't this is the right tool for me. Don't get me wrong I think it's a cool tool. But for divination I think this isn't the style I'd want. I'd prefer that I see the future myself rather than ask some entity to tell it to me." Serge said, "Let's go see what the other rooms have to offer. "

"Divination and spirit communication is not just telling the future child, but as you wish you will have to find your own ways to communicate with spirits."
Amadeus said as he headed out the opposite door from the one you came in. There was a hallway on the other side of the door, three doors all marked with different types of divination could be seen as well as doors marked as a bathroom. At the end of the hall there was a mural of Horizon's twin suns, between the suns was another room simply marked as staff only---basement.
"Which room do you want to enter now?"
Amadeus asked.

[TimeStop Labs]

'Is that a good or a bad thing?' she quipped lazily, letting her accent widen, playing up the "dumb grunt" persona a bit. Hoping that Baynes closed his opening speech fairly sharpish - before she ran out of asinine comments or the kid went away.

Baynes was droaning on as the mysterious kid shrugged.
"I mean reading about and gossiping about it is a good thing but I immagine living through it is not."
He said. Baynes caught a sharp look from Lucine and cough then eh quickly muttered.
"So ehm...come to my presentation to learn more...sholder joints are exiting...and welcome."
Then he started shuffling of the stage to a bit of a polite applause from the crowd.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:17 pm

Anja wrote:"Divination and spirit communication is not just telling the future child, but as you wish you will have to find your own ways to communicate with spirits."
Amadeus said as he headed out the opposite door from the one you came in. There was a hallway on the other side of the door, three doors all marked with different types of divination could be seen as well as doors marked as a bathroom. At the end of the hall there was a mural of Horizon's twin suns, between the suns was another room simply marked as staff only---basement.
"Which room do you want to enter now?"
Amadeus asked.

"Well.....would you believe me if I said Arkites Salkonias wanted me to go through that door?" Serge said pointing to the staff only basement door that was conveniently placed in the middle of two suns also known as being at the intersection of two stars.

"By the way can you see the two items in my hands?" Serge said holding up the silver box and the key that was inside of it in both hands.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:49 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'That's the thing with stuff like that - reality don't usually fit the stories. In fact, sometimes reality is less believable than stories.' she replied, wondering if there was going to be another speech or if they'd let free...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:39 pm

Well.....would you believe me if I said Arkites Salkonias wanted me to go through that door?" Serge said pointing to the staff only basement door that was conveniently placed in the middle of two suns also known as being at the intersection of two stars.

"I would believe it, I guess we will have to find someone to ask if we might be allowed in the basement. I hope you have some good explanations to present to them kid."
Amadeus said glancing at the door.
"So you have seen the Seer again have you?"

By the way can you see the two items in my hands?" Serge said holding up the silver box and the key that was inside of it in both hands.

"Yes...a old box and a fancy key...did you have those when we went in here?"
The old Verbena asked raising an eyebrow at Serge.

[TimeStop Labs]

'That's the thing with stuff like that - reality don't usually fit the stories. In fact, sometimes reality is less believable than stories.' she replied, wondering if there was going to be another speech or if they'd let free...

A woman you did not know was on the stage informing you where facilities could be found, where the cafeteria was and where the first aid station was and other such practical information then Dr Space returned to the stage to declare the convention open.

"Yeah well art imitate life and life imitate art and all that. I was more thinking that there is allot of books or shows of danger and high adventure which is cool to read about but would be hell to live through."
He said and when he noticed Baynes heading back towards Nicole he got a bit busy getting out of there before the high ranking Etherite could get over to him.
"Ah...I have taken enough of your time, thank you for ehm...satisfying my curiosity."
He said before he stood to leave. Lucine discretely dropped her bag and ended up in his way as she picked up make up, surgical tools, screwdrivers and several strange, cobbled together instruments, you know what every girl need in her purse muttering.
"Sorry...so sorry I will be out of your way soon...really sorry...ah where is my...ah there."
The young man you had been talking with looked more and more desperate as he tried to find some way past Lucine without having to push her out of the way or climb over stairs, both of which would attract attention.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:24 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

A small smile in reply, hoping it made her look a bit simple. As Lucine caught the kid's attention for a moment, Nicole moved to help get out of the way for them, which meant pressing somewhat close to Carlos due to the size of the asle - which coincidently allowed her to hiss 'don't lose him!' in his ear while passing.

The Etherite's mind was whirring; plans were forming, each starting to sprout options. First step; important that the kid left thinking he'd got away with his frankly cack-handed interrogation without alerting too much attention to themselves and human instinct would lead him to desire to either hide and/or report in to their superior in short order. To this end, she shifted her smile to the approaching Baynes. 'So, you wanted me to see your display now, sir?' moving towards them, trying to imply she had duties to attend to and had already pushed their short conversation out of her mind. Still clutching her paper map, she quickly scanned it, seeing if there was a security booth or something on-site.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:07 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

A small smile in reply, hoping it made her look a bit simple. As Lucine caught the kid's attention for a moment, Nicole moved to help get out of the way for them, which meant pressing somewhat close to Carlos due to the size of the asle - which coincidently allowed her to hiss 'don't lose him!' in his ear while passing

Carlos did not indicate he had heard you, but he did make a show of looking at his convention program, then he got up and discreetly followed the suspicious kid once the curious young man had managed to finally get past Lucine.

The Etherite's mind was whirring; plans were forming, each starting to sprout options. First step; important that the kid left thinking he'd got away with his frankly cack-handed interrogation without alerting too much attention to themselves and human instinct would lead him to desire to either hide and/or report in to their superior in short order. To this end, she shifted her smile to the approaching Baynes. 'So, you wanted me to see your display now, sir?' moving towards them, trying to imply she had duties to attend to and had already pushed their short conversation out of her mind. Still clutching her paper map, she quickly scanned it, seeing if there was a security booth or something on-site.

"Ah Nicole yes that would be good...what did you think of my speech?"
Baynes asked sounding pleased with himself, apparently he thought everyone else cared as much about artificial shoulder and elbow joints as he did.
"Right this way...oh and let us stop by the caffeeteria all that talking made me thirsty I want a cup of coffee...do you want one as well?"
He offered as the suspicious kid made his way out of the room with Carlos following behind at some distance pretending to be mostly busy trying to figuring out where a lecture he wanted to go to was being held.

You see that there is a security booth on the first floor, not to far from the cafeteria, it is clearly marked on the map, though the fact that the map have marked alternative configurations depending on the mood of the building made the whole thing a bit confusing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:37 am

Anja wrote:"I would believe it, I guess we will have to find someone to ask if we might be allowed in the basement. I hope you have some good explanations to present to them kid."
Amadeus said glancing at the door.
"So you have seen the Seer again have you?"
Anja wrote:"Yes...a old box and a fancy key...did you have those when we went in here?"
The old Verbena asked raising an eyebrow at Serge.

"Yeah he visited me a couple rooms back. And gave me these items as well as a little treasure hunt riddle to solve. He said that there was something I had to learn and that the wisdom would be found in the 'intersection between the stars'." Serge said with a smile and using the key to gesture over to the staff door that was between the two murals.

"I'm pretty sure that's what he was talking about. Before we ask the employees for permission, I think I want to try poking the door with this key. It just seems obvious. Door...key....feel like there's a connection there."

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:19 am

Yeah he visited me a couple rooms back. And gave me these items as well as a little treasure hunt riddle to solve. He said that there was something I had to learn and that the wisdom would be found in the 'intersection between the stars'." Serge said with a smile and using the key to gesture over to the staff door that was between the two murals.

"I'm pretty sure that's what he was talking about. Before we ask the employees for permission, I think I want to try poking the door with this key. It just seems obvious. Door...key....feel like there's a connection there."

"Very well poke the door with the key but do not go in before we talk about anyone because we need to be on our best behavior here before Kyle's trial is done so his Cabalmate's behavior can not be used against him however just testing the key should not be a problem, you do that and I will go talk with the staff."
Amadeus said, glancing at the little key again and then patting Serge on the shoulder, that the Cultist had spoken to a long dead Master Seer did nto make him bat a single blond eyelash.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:26 am

Anja wrote:"It don't matter. I assume you as well as me understand how the Council would never agree to such a suggestion."
Alexis replied firmly.
Colin nodded, "How, and more importantly, why."

Anja wrote:"One day yes and it is their wish that we will do so. Humanity was never meant to be small, it is our own minds which make us so. One day we will grow and stand as giants and then we can dance with the first ones."
The Keeper said with a small smile on her face.
He pondered, "I wonder what an Oracle would say about that..."

Anja wrote:"Certainly Mr Wainwright."
Alexis said with a nod of her head.
"It was good to see you again Colin."
Dalisse said with a warm smile and she moved over to you and put her delicate hand on yours, it felt like a small bird sat on your hand.
"Now go I came because I believe Horizon is in danger, and that danger needs to be dealt with."
He smiled, giving Dalisse's hand a light pat, "It was good to see you again, Dalisse - we'll have to try to meet up again, but perhaps not here, while your legal status is in limbo."
He gave her a small nod, and headed into the corridor, letting the ship guide his path.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:38 am

Anja wrote:"Very well poke the door with the key but do not go in before we talk about anyone because we need to be on our best behavior here before Kyle's trial is done so his Cabalmate's behavior can not be used against him however just testing the key should not be a problem, you do that and I will go talk with the staff."
Amadeus said, glancing at the little key again and then patting Serge on the shoulder, that the Cultist had spoken to a long dead Master Seer did nto make him bat a single blond eyelash.

"Gotcha. Hooray for teamwork!" Serge said with breaking off from Master Nassa and heading towards the door, key in hand.

He wasn't sure if his guess would work but it wasn't out of the realm of magickal possibility for the key to cause the door to lead somewhere other than the staff room. Salkonias was a Master of the Arts after all.

Once he got to the door he would first look for a keyhole. If there wasn't any he would simply poke the door using the fancy Cult of Ecstasy Key.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:04 am

Colin nodded, "How, and more importantly, why."

"One day...when your Cabal speaks the Council will be more willing to listen but that day is not yet here."
Alexis said softly and she gave you another strange look, like an aunt looking at a favorite nephew who for some reason did not remember her.
"Well let us go inn and speak with Lady Dalisse."

He pondered, "I wonder what an Oracle would say about that..."

"I would think that depend on the Oracle, they might have gotten a different perspective getting closer to personal Ascension but that do not mean they are all the same. Also I suspect many of the Wyck are themselves what you would call Oracles."
Dalisse replied.

He smiled, giving Dalisse's hand a light pat, "It was good to see you again, Dalisse - we'll have to try to meet up again, but perhaps not here, while your legal status is in limbo."
He gave her a small nod, and headed into the corridor, letting the ship guide his path.

"I agree, I do not favor being here but some things are worth risk to my personal safety and delivering this warning is one of them. I hope I can come and visit you openly one day, I am not and have never been Fallen I have been called an Infernalist due to many not understanding The Dark Mother, one day I will prove I am not a danger to the Traditions or their narrow idea of Ascension, in the meantime I will endure like the Mother did in the dark land of Nod. The Dark Mother's blessing be on you and your friends Colin, take care of yourself."
She said and she gave you a smile. Alexis and Helena looked a bit uncomfortable before you left the Keeper's chambers and headed down the hallway.

Doors opened and lights turned on to show the way through narrow, flesh corridors and then one door opened on a small room, it had once been a storage area for the Labyrinth and it still had shelves. In one corner a man sat tied to the wall with tentacles wrapped around him from the walls, he looked scared but not harmed and he glanced up at Colin and the rest. Around the man on the floor where drawn complex symbols in chalk and blood.
"A spell to keep his magick at bey."
Helena warned nodding towards the circle on the floor.
"Very old Hermetic method."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:01 pm

Anja wrote:"One day...when your Cabal speaks the Council will be more willing to listen but that day is not yet here."
Alexis said softly and she gave you another strange look, like an aunt looking at a favorite nephew who for some reason did not remember her.
"Well let us go inn and speak with Lady Dalisse."
Colin grinned, "I know, I've seen that, too... It will take a bit of time, but there's no rush, in a manner of speaking."

Anja wrote:"I would think that depend on the Oracle, they might have gotten a different perspective getting closer to personal Ascension but that do not mean they are all the same. Also I suspect many of the Wyck are themselves what you would call Oracles."
Dalisse replied.
He smiled wryly, "Well, I know one or two who are going to be Oracles, at least... Well, one I am quite certain of, one who I have good hope for. They've not left yet - one won't do so in centuries."

Anja wrote:"I agree, I do not favor being here but some things are worth risk to my personal safety and delivering this warning is one of them. I hope I can come and visit you openly one day, I am not and have never been Fallen I have been called an Infernalist due to many not understanding The Dark Mother, one day I will prove I am not a danger to the Traditions or their narrow idea of Ascension, in the meantime I will endure like the Mother did in the dark land of Nod. The Dark Mother's blessing be on you and your friends Colin, take care of yourself."
She said and she gave you a smile. Alexis and Helena looked a bit uncomfortable before you left the Keeper's chambers and headed down the hallway.
He nodded, "The Security Council has been made aware you are not Fallen, and the most hidebound Quaesitor I know of is the one who got to see your gem of Tass - I've faith that it pretty much only one way the debate can go, but the debate must be held first, and there is always a backlog of matters to attend to, I'm afraid. And I accept your blessing, and wish the same for you and the ship. Stay safe, Dalisse, and don't let anyone hijack you again."

Anja wrote:Doors opened and lights turned on to show the way through narrow, flesh corridors and then one door opened on a small room, it had once been a storage area for the Labyrinth and it still had shelves. In one corner a man sat tied to the wall with tentacles wrapped around him from the walls, he looked scared but not harmed and he glanced up at Colin and the rest. Around the man on the floor where drawn complex symbols in chalk and blood.
"A spell to keep his magick at bey."
Helena warned nodding towards the circle on the floor.
"Very old Hermetic method."
He stepped inside the room, glancing for a nearby eye and ear on the wall, then focused on the circle and the man, "Of course it would be a very old Hermetic method, the dear Handler is one of the oldest individuals I know, and she was Hermetic before the Schism War. Her workings are tried and true, as they should be. Now, I believe you have information for me, Sir, and I would advise you to offer it freely. Hm, but before that..."
He turned to Helena, "I've heard of a frost-related truthfinding spell - do you perchance know it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:23 pm

Colin grinned, "I know, I've seen that, too... It will take a bit of time, but there's no rush, in a manner of speaking."

Alexis just gave a nod at that.

He smiled wryly, "Well, I know one or two who are going to be Oracles, at least... Well, one I am quite certain of, one who I have good hope for. They've not left yet - one won't do so in centuries."

"Becoming an Oracle is indeed one path."
Dalisse agreed.
"And some will walk it but it is not the only path."

He nodded, "The Security Council has been made aware you are not Fallen, and the most hidebound Quaesitor I know of is the one who got to see your gem of Tass - I've faith that it pretty much only one way the debate can go, but the debate must be held first, and there is always a backlog of matters to attend to, I'm afraid. And I accept your blessing, and wish the same for you and the ship. Stay safe, Dalisse, and don't let anyone hijack you again."

"I will do my best, me and my ship will not become slaves again."
Dalisse said.
"Well then good luck to you and yours and we will speak again once the Council have had time to have their debate."

He stepped inside the room, glancing for a nearby eye and ear on the wall, then focused on the circle and the man, "Of course it would be a very old Hermetic method, the dear Handler is one of the oldest individuals I know, and she was Hermetic before the Schism War. Her workings are tried and true, as they should be.

"Hum yes her age is...disquieting to say the least, though I know of a few mages who have turned a milennium...."
Helena muttered. There was two eyeballs on the wall of the store room.

Now, I believe you have information for me, Sir, and I would advise you to offer it freely. Hm, but before that..."
He turned to Helena, "I've heard of a frost-related truthfinding spell - do you perchance know it?"

"Know of it yes, but that do not mean it is easy to do as the mind is heavily involved and I am not good with Mentam."
Helena said with a frown. The prisoner looked up at you, frowned and said nothing, he was scared but he did not look to be in the mood to talk.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:03 pm

Anja wrote:"Becoming an Oracle is indeed one path."
Dalisse agreed.
"And some will walk it but it is not the only path."
Colin smiled thinly, "Indeed, and who knows which path I will end up taking? ...No spoilers, please, even if you do know."

Anja wrote:"I will do my best, me and my ship will not become slaves again."
Dalisse said.
"Well then good luck to you and yours and we will speak again once the Council have had time to have their debate."
He smiled, "Unless we meet in the Umbra before then, it's a possibility. Well, assuming I succeed in cleaning up that explorer..."

Anja wrote:"Hum yes her age is...disquieting to say the least, though I know of a few mages who have turned a milennium...."
Helena muttered. There was two eyeballs on the wall of the store room.
He shrugged, "Residing in the Umbra, bound to her ship like that, does serve to extend one's lifespan."

Anja wrote:"Know of it yes, but that do not mean it is easy to do as the mind is heavily involved and I am not good with Mentam."
Helena said with a frown. The prisoner looked up at you, frowned and said nothing, he was scared but he did not look to be in the mood to talk.
He nodded, "Just checking. Now, good chap... I do hope you speak English or Latin, it would prevent... unpleasantness. On your part."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next