Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

4 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 - Page 28 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:22 pm

[Chantry Complex]

So she has an unknown power that's difficult to turn off or predict?" Serge asked, not really knowing much about Investment marks save that they were usually bad news.

"Yes that is correct, an Investment Mark could be anything, it could just give her wealth or a green thumb or make sure she never gain weight from eating sweets or she might get laser beams from her eyes it all depend on the nature of her contract with the Meajin Incarna she serves."
Elayne confirmed. The prisoner glared at the two of you as you where discussing her.

"Well that's annoying. If it was something that could've helped her win the fight or avoid capture wouldn't she have used it by now? Unless she's biding her time..."

"If it was something that was just useful in a fight then yes if it is something that for example turn her into a living avatar of pestilence she might want to wait for a greater audience."
The young Verbena replied.
"And I agree the not knowing is annoying."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 - Page 28 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:46 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"I will let my teacher know you have visited then Mr Wainwright."
Martha replied.
Colin smiled warmly, "Please do - just keep in mind we've not yet been introduced in this life, at this point in time. The conversation I mentioned having had with her took place years in the future. My... temporal detachment is useful, but can be disorienting."

Anja wrote:"I see, well that will be up to the Council then, having Investment Marks in themselves are not illegal."
The other Colin replied.
He nodded, "I've come to find they are... not a good look, though."

Anja wrote:"A pleasure to meet you. And yes I did find such a mark, it is on her lower back. I believe it mark her contract with one of the Meajin Incarna that is the way it look. It is hard to know what such marks do though that is the problem with them."
Elayne replied.
Jeremy wrote:"So she has an unknown power that's difficult to turn off or predict?" Serge asked, not really knowing much about Investment marks save that they were usually bad news.
Anja wrote:"Yes that is correct, an Investment Mark could be anything, it could just give her wealth or a green thumb or make sure she never gain weight from eating sweets or she might get laser beams from her eyes it all depend on the nature of her contract with the Meajin Incarna she serves."
Elayne confirmed. The prisoner glared at the two of you as you where discussing her.
He pondered, quickly doodling Flavian's mark from memory, "Hum, does it look something like this? I ran into this one recently, Lord Steel the Duke of Hate endowed a chap with a false Avatar... Bit of a nuisance to remove, but the man's free from the pact, now..."

Jeremy wrote:"Well that's annoying. If it was something that could've helped her win the fight or avoid capture wouldn't she have used it by now? Unless she's biding her time..."
Anja wrote:"If it was something that was just useful in a fight then yes if it is something that for example turn her into a living avatar of pestilence she might want to wait for a greater audience."
The young Verbena replied.
"And I agree the not knowing is annoying."
He mused, looking over at Julianne, "Another important question... miss, did you receive that mark willingly? I've helped a fellow out of an unwanted pact like that. It was painful, of course, but he's his own man again..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:30 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin smiled warmly, "Please do - just keep in mind we've not yet been introduced in this life, at this point in time. The conversation I mentioned having had with her took place years in the future. My... temporal detachment is useful, but can be disorienting."

"Yeah I used to date a Cultist, you sound like them."
Martha said with a chuckle.
"I will just let my Mentor know I ran into someone from her past life."

He nodded, "I've come to find they are... not a good look, though."

"If only they where not tied to being of corruption and decay, I mean marking yourself to show a contract with a spirit is not rare but Nephandi Investment Marks yeah no."
The other Colin commented darkly.

He pondered, quickly doodling Flavian's mark from memory, "Hum, does it look something like this? I ran into this one recently, Lord Steel the Duke of Hate endowed a chap with a false Avatar... Bit of a nuisance to remove, but the man's free from the pact, now..."

"Hum...yeah they are not the same symbol but they are similar in style, you know when for example looking at Chaos Magick sigils they are different in intention but they often have a similar style and look to them, something like that."
Elayne said after studying the picture you showed her for a moment.
"It have these spiky bits here."
The young Verbena added pointing.

He mused, looking over at Julianne, "Another important question... miss, did you receive that mark willingly? I've helped a fellow out of an unwanted pact like that. It was painful, of course, but he's his own man again..."

Julianne did not confirm or deny anything she just looked at Colin and said.
"I do not consent to having anything done to my body or have anything removed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:35 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Yeah I used to date a Cultist, you sound like them."
Martha said with a chuckle.
"I will just let my Mentor know I ran into someone from her past life."
Colin grinned, "A side effect of Chronomancy, I fear... Thank you."

Anja wrote:"If only they where not tied to being of corruption and decay, I mean marking yourself to show a contract with a spirit is not rare but Nephandi Investment Marks yeah no."
The other Colin commented darkly.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Not everyone with such a mark received them of their own volition, though..."

Anja wrote:"Hum...yeah they are not the same symbol but they are similar in style, you know when for example looking at Chaos Magick sigils they are different in intention but they often have a similar style and look to them, something like that."
Elayne said after studying the picture you showed her for a moment.
"It have these spiky bits here."
The young Verbena added pointing.
He nodded, "Those spikes do remind me of Lord Steel, he's a rather unpleasant sort... and both he and his kids dislike me, since I seem to make a habit of thwarting their plans..."

Anja wrote:Julianne did not confirm or deny anything she just looked at Colin and said.
He smiled thinly, "Alright, I wasn't saying I would scrub the Mark off for now, it seems you received it of your own volition... Hum, from experience, I would surmise your mark is not the sort to share your senses with your Patron, but I gather your Patron can send you orders directly... hum, might this mark bestow some physical property upon you? Improved health, restored mobility, everlasting youth, something like that, perhaps?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:40 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Well, that ain't an option right now, is it?'

Anja's Post:

'Hey, I did say "most".' she replied, in a faux-hurt tone. 'I am also aware of the fact that your great-grandma grew up in a small Mexican village with a one-room blab school - she didn't get them indoctrination lessons for starters. And the indoctrination don't always take... I mean, we went though it and ended up telling 'em to go fuck themselves. And you can show people a fireball or being teleported, the existence of the Union is just your word. I mean, did you really believe in other Dimensions which have a whole load of things living in 'em before you saw it in your basic training? Cos sure as hell, I didn't.' pausing to have a bit more of her egg and mushrooms. 'You know how we recruit folks; half the time the possible [recruit] is given a little sanitised lab tour and if they show proper curiousity and open-mindedness, they move forward... that reminds me, need to sort Trina's tour at some point. Where was I? Yeah, conspiracy theories. Think them are the Mundie reaction to shit like the Union and other critters fuck-abouts. They can't like, be certain what is going on but they know something ain't right.'

'Speaking of conspracy theories... met up with my Uncle Mike few weeks back. Thought he was the best one to approach first.' Carlos knowing a bit about both him and the reason Nicole had wanted to go back to New England.

[Question; does the optional 'local Consensus' rules apply in this game? Ie, if a mage finds a group of Sleepers who (effectively) agree with their Paradigm, this allows them to perform coincidental magick there which would be normally judged as vulgar? Example, a Verbena at a paganism/witchy group, or a Chorister at a fundie Christian church.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:07 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin grinned, "A side effect of Chronomancy, I fear... Thank you."

"Yeah not everyone see time as linear, which must be hard."
Martha said with a nod.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Not everyone with such a mark received them of their own volition, though..."

"That is true."
The other Colin replied.

He nodded, "Those spikes do remind me of Lord Steel, he's a rather unpleasant sort... and both he and his kids dislike me, since I seem to make a habit of thwarting their plans..."

"Well I guess that would be irritating."
Elayne replied.
"But you say that a Meajin Incarna have children...damn I do not want to know what they look like."

He smiled thinly, "Alright, I wasn't saying I would scrub the Mark off for now, it seems you received it of your own volition... Hum, from experience, I would surmise your mark is not the sort to share your senses with your Patron, but I gather your Patron can send you orders directly... hum, might this mark bestow some physical property upon you? Improved health, restored mobility, everlasting youth, something like that, perhaps?"

Julianna just looked at you.
"Do you expect me to answer that?"
She asked raising an eyebrow.
"You will get nothing from me."

[Concordia]

Well, that ain't an option right now, is it?'

"I mean you could try to get invited to another one, sending out resumes as it where."
Carlos suggested.

'Hey, I did say "most".' she replied, in a faux-hurt tone. 'I am also aware of the fact that your great-grandma grew up in a small Mexican village with a one-room blab school - she didn't get them indoctrination lessons for starters. And the indoctrination don't always take... I mean, we went though it and ended up telling 'em to go fuck themselves.

"You did not say all and the only thing I protested was that my great grandmother would not have accepted what I said about the Union, she is rather open to things, I mean she is a cool lady, she have worked her entire life, long before it was comon for women to do so, much less a Mexican woman in the States."
Carlos replied.

And you can show people a fireball or being teleported, the existence of the Union is just your word. I mean, did you really believe in other Dimensions which have a whole load of things living in 'em before you saw it in your basic training? Cos sure as hell, I didn't.'

"If someone showed me magick or Science back when I was a Sleeper and proved that this shit is real and they say but wait there is more there is also other dimensions with critters in them sure I would have no reason not to believe them."
The other Etherite replied.
"I mean if they have showed me someone turning into a tiger believing there is a world with sentient yellifish is not that much of a stretch."

pausing to have a bit more of her egg and mushrooms. 'You know how we recruit folks; half the time the possible [recruit] is given a little sanitised lab tour and if they show proper curiousity and open-mindedness, they move forward... that reminds me, need to sort Trina's tour at some point. Where was I? Yeah, conspiracy theories. Think them are the Mundie reaction to shit like the Union and other critters fuck-abouts. They can't like, be certain what is going on but they know something ain't right.'

"Who is Trina? A new recruit?"
Carlos asked.
"However off course most sleeper do not believe any of these things that is not my point there would not be a Consensus biting our ass with Dox if most believed in these things. My point is that if you show someone a werewolf, prove to them werewolves are real and then tell when there are also vampires most would indeed believe that since you have already proven the existence of something supernatural."

'Speaking of conspracy theories... met up with my Uncle Mike few weeks back. Thought he was the best one to approach first.' Carlos knowing a bit about both him and the reason Nicole had wanted to go back to New England.

"Oh? How did that go Nick?"
Carlos asked carefully.

(OOC: Yes we have pockets of Consensus in the Bible Belt a Choristor healing someone with religious means will get allot less Paradox the same a folk magic practitioner in much of the South of USA. Also a Sleeper who believe in your Paradigm would be True Believers for you yes)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:43 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin wrote:He mused, looking over at Julianne, "Another important question... miss, did you receive that mark willingly? I've helped a fellow out of an unwanted pact like that. It was painful, of course, but he's his own man again..."
Anja wrote:Julianne did not confirm or deny anything she just looked at Colin and said.
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "Alright, I wasn't saying I would scrub the Mark off for now, it seems you received it of your own volition... Hum, from experience, I would surmise your mark is not the sort to share your senses with your Patron, but I gather your Patron can send you orders directly... hum, might this mark bestow some physical property upon you? Improved health, restored mobility, everlasting youth, something like that, perhaps?"
Anja wrote:Julianna just looked at you.

Serge watched from a distance as Colin began questioning one of the captives. He didn't jump in or ask any of his questions immediately, feeling that Julianna would just be even more on her guard if multiple people asked completely unrelated questions towards. He also didn't want to distract her in case his cabal leader at a specific plan in mind with his questioning.

He instead watched from a distance to see how Julianna reacted to the questions. He also kept an eye on the other captive in the room, who was either Thomas or Snow. A lot of attention was put on Julianne and the Etherite Kid. They were prominent in the memories he explored.

So he wondered about the third one of the group. Did he recognize him at all from the memories?
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:58 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Nah, not finished my jobs in New England yet. Once them are done, I can realistically go anywhere.' she replied, finishing off the hash browns.

Anja's Post:

'I didn't say that, like. I only said it would be harder to persuade of the Union 'cos you don't have literal evidence to show. Would she have believed about the Union if I had told her?'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... p'haps there's something in that. Behold the wonders of Science... yeah, we defend everyone from all the things under the bed which want to eat you all and stop the cool stuff. Support your local Mirrorshade today!' imagining how the Technocracy recruited Sleepers as support staff. 'Tell a bit of truth, then use it as a hole to get lies through. Perhaps I'm just cynical, though.'

Anja's Post:

'A possible. Might make a decent techie, at least. Or lab support staff. They ain't overly talented tech-wise but they've got a brain and knack of surviving.'

Anja's Post:

'Odd you say 'bout that. I don't think Mundies actually remember shit like shifters well; remember the bath-wolfy that she was surprised that we stood our ground? And if some rando told you 'bout seeing a giant shapeshifting shark doing a Jaws impression in Lake Erie, would you instantly believe them?' giving Carlos a good-natured glare over the lunch plates.

Anja's Post:

'Now there's a guy who'd believe in the Union quicker than teleporters.' she quipped with a smirk. 'Shit...I grew up hearing him bitch about stuff like the NWO, MiBs and so on. First thing I had to do was to apologise to the guy that he was more right than folks ever gave him credit for. Was meant to be at his over Thanksgiving; at least I can sorta level on why I had to bail.' a little laugh, which trailed off into a nervous silence as she figeted with her fork for a moment. 'Ain't levelled on what I exactly do, but think he can work that out by himself.'

[I also assume Nick learned 'Kinfolk count as Awakened' for sure when she spent a day in 2003, and perhaps Nassa noticed something odd too.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:43 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Yeah not everyone see time as linear, which must be hard."
Martha said with a nod.
Colin shrugged, "I still experience it as linear, technically, it's just that my line is taking shortcuts and detours that most others can not - it's simply not a straight line. More like a string, tangled up in a timey-wimey ball."

Anja wrote:"Well I guess that would be irritating."
Elayne replied.
"But you say that a Meajin Incarna have children...damn I do not want to know what they look like."
He smiled wryly, "Rather Italian, to be honest. Wouldn't name names, of course..."

Anja wrote:Julianna just looked at you.
He tilted his head a little, "No... not really. I was fishing for a response, not necessarily a verbal one, but it seems you are either fairly well disciplined, or I did indeed not guess correctly. I suppose a careful analysis of the mark itself could be done, but I'm not about to manhandle you to show me your infernal tramp stamp. For now."

Jeremy wrote:Serge watched from a distance as Colin began questioning one of the captives. He didn't jump in or ask any of his questions immediately, feeling that Julianna would just be even more on her guard if multiple people asked completely unrelated questions towards. He also didn't want to distract her in case his cabal leader at a specific plan in mind with his questioning.

He instead watched from a distance to see how Julianna reacted to the questions. He also kept an eye on the other captive in the room, who was either Thomas or Snow. A lot of attention was put on Julianne and the Etherite Kid. They were prominent in the memories he explored.

So he wondered about the third one of the group. Did he recognize him at all from the memories?
He pondered for a moment, then jotted down a quick note and showed to Serge, 'Can you make them relax, give them a sensation of confidence, to lower their guard against our "inept" questioning?'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:34 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Serge watched from a distance as Colin began questioning one of the captives. He didn't jump in or ask any of his questions immediately, feeling that Julianna would just be even more on her guard if multiple people asked completely unrelated questions towards. He also didn't want to distract her in case his cabal leader at a specific plan in mind with his questioning.

You did not recognize the other prisoners from the visions you ahd seen. The two others just sat there looking at you and Colin. It was a woman and a man so Snow was likely the woman.

Colin shrugged, "I still experience it as linear, technically, it's just that my line is taking shortcuts and detours that most others can not - it's simply not a straight line. More like a string, tangled up in a timey-wimey ball."

"Yeah it still sound headache inducing."
Martha said with a frown.
"Then again my ex seamed pretty ok with their visions."

He smiled wryly, "Rather Italian, to be honest. Wouldn't name names, of course..."

Martha raised an eyebrow at that.

He tilted his head a little, "No... not really. I was fishing for a response, not necessarily a verbal one, but it seems you are either fairly well disciplined, or I did indeed not guess correctly. I suppose a careful analysis of the mark itself could be done, but I'm not about to manhandle you to show me your infernal tramp stamp. For now."

"Please refrain from referring to my spiritual markings as tramp stamps."
Julianna said but Snow giggled which earned her a scowl.
"I can not stop you from looking at the mark so if you desire you can look but no touching."
The prisoner replied with another frowned.

[Concordia]

'Nah, not finished my jobs in New England yet. Once them are done, I can realistically go anywhere.' she replied, finishing off the hash browns.

Carlos just nodded at that.

I didn't say that, like. I only said it would be harder to persuade of the Union 'cos you don't have literal evidence to show. Would she have believed about the Union if I had told her?'

"Not likely no, unless you actually probed to her there exist things that are said to be impossible, like I had already at that point done."

Hmm... p'haps there's something in that. Behold the wonders of Science... yeah, we defend everyone from all the things under the bed which want to eat you all and stop the cool stuff. Support your local Mirrorshade today!' imagining how the Technocracy recruited Sleepers as support staff. 'Tell a bit of truth, then use it as a hole to get lies through. Perhaps I'm just cynical, though.'

"I mean that is how human minds work, if you can some proof for something then accepting something else you are saying is much easier. Take the bloody anti vaxxers, often they make some example of where modern medicine have been harmful and play that up and then it is muse easier to believe something else would be as well."
Carlos said as he finished his plate of food and leaned back.
"Man I need coffee!"

A possible. Might make a decent techie, at least. Or lab support staff. They ain't overly talented tech-wise but they've got a brain and knack of surviving.'

"Sounds good...the more the merrier eh good luck with getting her in."
Carlos said showing a thumbs up before signaling the waiter and ordering himself some coffee.
"Do you want a cup as well Nick?"

'Odd you say 'bout that. I don't think Mundies actually remember shit like shifters well; remember the bath-wolfy that she was surprised that we stood our ground? And if some rando told you 'bout seeing a giant shapeshifting shark doing a Jaws impression in Lake Erie, would you instantly believe them?' giving Carlos a good-natured glare over the lunch plates.

"Fair enough...show them a dragon then, show them one of the big blue horny ones we have flying overhead and tell them here is a honest to god mother fucking dragon, now I got to tell you there are also vampires. Chances are someone would buy that."
Carlos replied once the waiter had left to get coffee.
"I wonder why shapeshifters just fries the brains of Sleepers looking at them though."

'Now there's a guy who'd believe in the Union quicker than teleporters.' she quipped with a smirk. 'Shit...I grew up hearing him bitch about stuff like the NWO, MiBs and so on. First thing I had to do was to apologise to the guy that he was more right than folks ever gave him credit for. Was meant to be at his over Thanksgiving; at least I can sorta level on why I had to bail.' a little laugh, which trailed off into a nervous silence as she figeted with her fork for a moment. 'Ain't levelled on what I exactly do, but think he can work that out by himself.'

"And how do you feel about it? I mean to me my family are my life they are super important to me but they always been supportive to me, for you is it strange to have contact with a member of your family again? Also your uncle sound like he would make a good True Believer."
The other Ethertie said looking up at Nicole.

(OOC: Yes it is likely she knows that yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:45 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'And even then, I bet she'd be like, sceptical. You'd have a much easier time 'cos she knew you.'

Anja's Post:

'Eh, don't remind me - had a bust-up at the Chantry 'bout the very thing. But not everyone thinks like that. For some, the proof vampires exist only prove vampires exist. You have to start again with angels, were-cats or Trump's hair being real. And how many people, on seeing evidence vampires exist will think it's being done as for some YouTube hidden camera shit or similar?'

Anja's Post:

'Nah...' finishing up the last of her bacon.

Anja's Post:

'I didn't say nobody would. Just that a lot wouldn't. At best, they simply wouldn't immediately call out bullshit on vampires. In fact, I'd like, be more worried 'bout the Mundies who do instantly believe than the ones who demand evidence.' now clearing the last residue off her plate. 'How 'shifters do it - if they do it - well, might be a variant of our Blend Fields.'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, but they don't know what you do, do they? Well, excepting the aged one.' she shot back, dumping her cutlery on the now-empty plate. 'The fact I did partly level with him makes me feel like I've broken a rule or something, even though I ain't. But how does it feel? To be honest, weird - it's been like, a dozen years. But he was the easy bit; the others ain't gonna be so smooth.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:05 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin wrote:He pondered for a moment, then jotted down a quick note and showed to Serge, 'Can you make them relax, give them a sensation of confidence, to lower their guard against our "inept" questioning?'

Serge looked over at his note and quickly doodled his answer in his sketchbook.

"With magick? Can't. Guard told us not too. And we're currently pretty incentivized to follow the law right now. Unless you want me to calm them down with an impromptu comedy routine right now."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:29 am

[Concordia]

And even then, I bet she'd be like, sceptical. You'd have a much easier time 'cos she knew you.'

"She was skeptical about the existence of the supernatural Nicole off course she was since she have been told it do not exist but once I had proven to her what I can do with a generator and some wire then she accepted and and no she would not have been more skeptical about me telling her about the Ascension War."
Carlos said with a sigh.

'Eh, don't remind me - had a bust-up at the Chantry 'bout the very thing. But not everyone thinks like that. For some, the proof vampires exist only prove vampires exist. You have to start again with angels, were-cats or Trump's hair being real. And how many people, on seeing evidence vampires exist will think it's being done as for some YouTube hidden camera shit or similar?'

"Yeah some would only believe in one supernatural thing but for most it is the acceptance of something supernatural which is the plug in the tub and once it is removed then it all come flushing out."
"Since that prove the reality they have been presented is not true."

'Nah...' finishing up the last of her bacon.

"One coffee then Sir, black one sugar."
Carlos told the waiter before turning back to the conversation with Nicole.

I didn't say nobody would. Just that a lot wouldn't. At best, they simply wouldn't immediately call out bullshit on vampires. In fact, I'd like, be more worried 'bout the Mundies who do instantly believe than the ones who demand evidence.' now clearing the last residue off her plate. 'How 'shifters do it - if they do it - well, might be a variant of our Blend Fields.'

"I would expect them to ask for evidence and hope they ask for evidence that is healthy but the debate have gotten of tack. My point is this once you have proven the existence of the supernatural it is not harder to believe that these supernatural beings, us including have societies and that these societies are in conflict with one another and some of them work with the government."
Carlos replied.

'Yeah, but they don't know what you do, do they? Well, excepting the aged one.' she shot back, dumping her cutlery on the now-empty plate. 'The fact I did partly level with him makes me feel like I've broken a rule or something, even though I ain't. But how does it feel? To be honest, weird - it's been like, a dozen years. But he was the easy bit; the others ain't gonna be so smooth.'

"They do not, telling them would just be painting targets on their backs, I just told my grand grandmother Rose to ask her if she wanted life extending treatments. I mean when it come to your uncle I see no problem in telling him, especially if he had guessed some of the truth already."
Carlos sigh.
"Tell you what I can not help you talk with your family but I can show up with booze once it is done."
He offered with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:54 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Yeah it still sound headache inducing."
Martha said with a frown.
"Then again my ex seamed pretty ok with their visions."
Colin nodded, "It gets... awkward at times, recognizing an old friend who sees me for the first time..."

Anja wrote:"Please refrain from referring to my spiritual markings as tramp stamps."
Julianna said but Snow giggled which earned her a scowl.
"I can not stop you from looking at the mark so if you desire you can look but no touching."
The prisoner replied with another frowned.
He smiled thinly, "I appreciate your cooperation, I'll do what I can to preserve your remaining dignity for now."

Anja wrote:Serge looked over at his note and quickly doodled his answer in his sketchbook.

"With magick? Can't. Guard told us not too. And we're currently pretty incentivized to follow the law right now. Unless you want me to calm them down with an impromptu comedy routine right now."
He smirked in view of the captives, 'No, let's just make these secret notes in full view of them, and leave them wondering a bit what we're cooking up. Can you look smug and conspiratorial?'

((OOC: It's been a day... Manually separating postcode from post locations in an Excel file with well in excess of 2,000 contacts, then having to deal with several important print runs that were sent to me as fucking Powerpoint files, expected to look good in print... Blah, today was boring and stupid. Neutral ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:46 am

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:He smirked in view of the captives, 'No, let's just make these secret notes in full view of them, and leave them wondering a bit what we're cooking up. Can you look smug and conspiratorial?'

"I can try my best." Serge wrote back.

He looked back up at the trio of captives and looked at them with a slightly amused look on his face. Like a parent looking at an overconfident child or a corrupt noble looking down on those he believed to be lesser than them. He gave a slight chuckle, as if their situation was amusing to him, before looking back down and writing really quickly.

"I kinda wanted to ask them what their favorite sub-saharan african wild cat was. They'd be all confused until I mention that mine is a Lion. Then they'd be all rattled wondering just how much we actually knew. Probably would go a lot better in my head tho."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:45 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded, "It gets... awkward at times, recognizing an old friend who sees me for the first time..."

"Yes I can see how that can be confusing, especially with your new ehm old friend. For me I just have minor abilities with Time, in that I like doing divination work."
Martha replied.

He smiled thinly, "I appreciate your cooperation, I'll do what I can to preserve your remaining dignity for now."

Julianna sigh and leaned forwards so you could raise up her clothes and look at her lower back.

He smirked in view of the captives, 'No, let's just make these secret notes in full view of them, and leave them wondering a bit what we're cooking up. Can you look smug and conspiratorial?'

The prisoners glared at Colin and Serge.

"I can try my best." Serge wrote back.

He looked back up at the trio of captives and looked at them with a slightly amused look on his face. Like a parent looking at an overconfident child or a corrupt noble looking down on those he believed to be lesser than them. He gave a slight chuckle, as if their situation was amusing to him, before looking back down and writing really quickly.

"I kinda wanted to ask them what their favorite sub-saharan african wild cat was. They'd be all confused until I mention that mine is a Lion. Then they'd be all rattled wondering just how much we actually knew. Probably would go a lot better in my head tho."

"Any other questions?"
Snow asked glancing up at the two mages from Boston.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:37 am

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Not the point, which was a lot would rest on her trust in you. Plus, if she already believes in God and shit, that's a little bit of an opening there already.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... for a lot, I think it only like, shifts the dial a bit. Weakens their... certainty of things not existing and shit. Getting undeniable proof of vampires, for example only makes not reject instantly any suggestion that 'shifters might exist too.' giving a tiny smirk. 'Which ain't a lot, but still poison to the Union. 'Cos I am sure the Mundies will work out a lot pretty quick as soon as they removes critters like that from the "impossible" list.'

Anja's Post:

'And how do you know all other critters have societies?' Nicole shot back. 'Our general knowledge of others is spotty to non-existent... though if judging from the various bloodsuckers who do the "I am invincible!" line before one of us ends their... "life", they know almost fuck all 'bout us too. Which reminds me... have you ever heard of anyone doing a kind of "critter census", y'know, learning how many vampires, shifters and so on are in particular places?'

Anja's Post:

'Which is the problem. It ain't fair to not tell 'em, but it also ain't fair to tell 'em 'cos chances are they'd be able to do fuck all about it. And then there's the classic "secret identity" issue... thinking about it, I'm coming about to the view that if you're gonna be in their lives, you have to tell something. Not just to explain away no-shows and stuff, but to allow them not be caught totally by surprise if somebody, or something tries to get them or whatever. As for my Uncle... well, I ain't gonna tell, gonna show...' pulling out her phone, going to the photo album and showing a few of the pictures she'd snapped of Horizon - of the tentacled unicorns, of the Union robot, aerial approach to Concordia and so on.

[The amount of shitty printing I've seen over time... don't worry, I at least appreciate that 90% of time it's down to a moron customer 'knowing best' and insisting say, using their 'totally legal' 500x500px image they 'really didn't find on Google' is blown up to A5 size, or being deaf to the professional pleas that there's so many images on the leaflet the thing's gone past the saturation point. I remember once back in the days at the architect's office a long running saga of fighting the client's 'design team' who's software appeared to be not much better than using The Sims (first one) 'Build Mode' and were either too stupid and/or lazy (we never knew for sure) to understand when we did understand their plans, they were impossible to execute.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:00 am

[Concordia]

Not the point, which was a lot would rest on her trust in you. Plus, if she already believes in God and shit, that's a little bit of an opening there already.'

"Certainly which bring me back to the point I originally made which se tof this entire debare that the reason I did not tell great grandma Rose about the Union is not that she would not believe me but because I want her not to worry about me."
Carlos replied.

Hmm... for a lot, I think it only like, shifts the dial a bit. Weakens their... certainty of things not existing and shit. Getting undeniable proof of vampires, for example only makes not reject instantly any suggestion that 'shifters might exist too.' giving a tiny smirk. 'Which ain't a lot, but still poison to the Union. 'Cos I am sure the Mundies will work out a lot pretty quick as soon as they removes critters like that from the "impossible" list.'

"Yeah the Top Hats do not want the Sleepers to know, it is so much easier to just move in the shadows with everyone ignorant of the dangers they face. Everyone want the Sleepers in the dark, we claim it is to protect them but really it is to keep our own power. How many mages are there? Not enough to put up much of a fight if the Sleepers unified against us."
The other Etherite said sipping his coffee.

And how do you know all other critters have societies?' Nicole shot back.

"That is not what I said Nick."
Carlos said simply
"I said once you know the supernatural exist believing the claim that supernatural beings have societies is not a hard sell, that is not claiming all supernatural beings have societies.

Our general knowledge of others is spotty to non-existent... though if judging from the various bloodsuckers who do the "I am invincible!" line before one of us ends their... "life", they know almost fuck all 'bout us too. Which reminds me... have you ever heard of anyone doing a kind of "critter census", y'know, learning how many vampires, shifters and so on are in particular places?'

"Not a consensus as such but I head that over in San Francisco there are this Asian Vampire who is trying to get the various critters to cooperate. I hear that in China there is one supernatural society and not several I guess this guy is trying to do something similar but if they have a list of how many critters of what type hell if I know."

Which is the problem. It ain't fair to not tell 'em, but it also ain't fair to tell 'em 'cos chances are they'd be able to do fuck all about it. And then there's the classic "secret identity" issue... thinking about it, I'm coming about to the view that if you're gonna be in their lives, you have to tell something. Not just to explain away no-shows and stuff, but to allow them not be caught totally by surprise if somebody, or something tries to get them or whatever. As for my Uncle... well, I ain't gonna tell, gonna show...' pulling out her phone, going to the photo album and showing a few of the pictures she'd snapped of Horizon - of the tentacled unicorns, of the Union robot, aerial approach to Concordia and so on.

"Well will you look at the dragon...hey that is not a bad idea."
Carlos said then he sigh.
"I am aware I am...not fair with my family I should leave them to keep them safe but I just can't and I am not sure telling them all what I am and what I do would work so I ahve tried to keep this whole Awakened thing and my family life severate it is not right...but neither would telling them be or just leaving them...there is no right way to deal with it. Fuck this damned war!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:45 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'I think the like, correct question is to why would the Mundies "unite against us all". Do we currently fuck about with them all the time or something?' answering in a faux-naive tone, Carlos knowing well what Nick's opinion of "hierarchical oppression" was. 'I remember something about a wizard's tower and cannon...'

Anja's Post:

'Why you think I like chose Boston? Close enough to my folks to do what I need, far away enough to avoid "cross contamination". At least, hopefully. But there's something you ain't considering... the chance one or more of your folks have a run-in with a critter which ain't about you. Y'know, trying to work out a way to give "the talk" which is kinda fucking hard without mentioning it ourfight, like tampon ads in the Bible Belt.'

[Would Nick of heard about the Craftmasons, Great One? Oh, and it's a "critter census", not consensus.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:37 am

[Concordia]

'I think the like, correct question is to why would the Mundies "unite against us all". Do we currently fuck about with them all the time or something?' answering in a faux-naive tone, Carlos knowing well what Nick's opinion of "hierarchical oppression" was. 'I remember something about a wizard's tower and cannon...'

"Yes allot of us do mess with Sleepers or at least we let them get in the crossfire on our war, but no I do not think that is why they would unify against us. We have kept so many things for ourselves, the ability to cure almost all illnesses, life extensions into well...indefinite really, if our existence became known how many would not just think...so my five year old died of his injuries after a car rash and yet this guy work at the hospital who either can do it themselves or their allies could, heal the child, they let my kid die...that sort of things create anger."
Carlos said with a sigh.
"And I could not blame anyone for that anger either. I mean that is the point of tech, we can bring the wonders of the Awakened to the masses but it is taking to much time and many are afraid of giving up our power over reality so to speak."

Why you think I like chose Boston? Close enough to my folks to do what I need, far away enough to avoid "cross contamination". At least, hopefully. But there's something you ain't considering... the chance one or more of your folks have a run-in with a critter which ain't about you. Y'know, trying to work out a way to give "the talk" which is kinda fucking hard without mentioning it ourfight, like tampon ads in the Bible Belt.'

"Yeah I get that. HUm...I ahve been considering that I do worry about my folks running into a vampire or something and having no idea what to do to protect themselves, then again most of the time vampires and other critters don't kill but if their victim is in the know then it is more likely they will come to harm in meeting with something Awakened...it is all a dilemma really."
Carlos said taking a big sip of his coffee.
"Oh man the coffee is bad."
He muttered with a grimace.
"The food was great though."

(OOC: Yes she probably know about them, and yeah that is the thing with dyslexia and spell checkers at times words that looks similar gets confused for one another.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:52 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Yes I can see how that can be confusing, especially with your new ehm old friend. For me I just have minor abilities with Time, in that I like doing divination work."
Martha replied.
Colin smiled wryly, "A useful discipline, but tricky... When you see something bad happening, it can be hard to tell if you're supposed to prevent it, or to just bring the first aid kit and help clean up afterward..."

Anja wrote:Julianna sigh and leaned forwards so you could raise up her clothes and look at her lower back.
He nodded and gently pulled her robes up, giving the mark a careful look, then pulled the robes back down into place, "Thank you. Hm, I'll have to make a note of the features..."

((OOC: Intelligence + Nephandi Lore to glean anything about the Mark's properties? 2,2,3,4,6... Not much.))

Jeremy wrote:"I can try my best." Serge wrote back.

Anja wrote:"Any other questions?"
He chuckled and nodded to Serge, giving a small thumbs up gesture, "Actually, yes, are you working with the traitor Wallace Jace? Are you aware he's only in it for personal power, and he's deluded himself into believing he can control Moloch's rise? He's abandoned the Black Spiral for personal gain, not a good look from anyone's perspective..."

((OOC: Yeah, I get some crap files from time to time that look like I'm trying to photocopy paleolithic cave paintings... from the stone wall. Mostly, though, I handle files made in-house, so there're standards in place. I think the most bizarre job I got was a set of business cards in an offspec format. Don't recall the exact size, but it was given in millimeters... with two decimals. The size didn't make sense in US or Imperial inches, either. It very much looked like the size was a "one monkey, one numpad, five minutes" affair, and we don't have hardware that precise, anyway... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:17 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Our general knowledge of others is spotty to non-existent... though if judging from the various bloodsuckers who do the "I am invincible!" line before one of us ends their... "life", they know almost fuck all 'bout us too. Which reminds me... have you ever heard of anyone doing a kind of "critter census", y'know, learning how many vampires, shifters and so on are in particular places?'

Anja's Post:

'Yet Mundies keep stuff from other Mundies, all the time. During this dinner, p'haps hundreds of Americans have died due to not getting the medical help which already exists. Malnutrition, overwork, stress, poor housing and winter cold... all solvable now. Without any "outside help".' picking up a fat-rind of bacon from her near-empty plate and eating it. 'Yet I'm a loony commie for pointing that out.'

Anja's Post:

'Who stands to gain?, to quote Lenin. I'm sure a Union rep, if here would argue part of the reason we can't move that fast is 'cos of the various "Mystics" clogging up things and stopping progress. Case in point; anti-vaxxers.'

Anja's Post:

'Which is the whole thing about "the talk". It's where you get sat down by an adult and get told 'bout how the world really works, not the propaganda shit peddled by teach[ers] and the TV. That cops ain't ever on your side, you will get judged for having tits, dark skin or looking poor, the law is just another weapon and under the polite veneer lies a load of nasty folks with a "fuck you, got mine" attitude who'd stamp a hobo to death if it got them fifty bucks. I got it, you clearly got it. Just trying to work out a way to warn of shit like vampires, Mirrorshades and so on so they can avoid having a run-in, like the way you get told to always call cops "sir" in a polite voice, keep it zipped up whatever they do or say and to do nothing at all which could be used for an excuse for a beat-down or being shot.' the tone making it unsurprisingly clear she regarded the police as an enemy.

Anja's Post:

'Why I didn't get one here. Saw the signs before coming in, me.' ending with a smirk.

[I imagine that Nick has more 'heard of' the Craftmasons than 'know about' them. I also re-posted the 'critter census' question so you can re-do the reply.]

[My personal guess is that the off-spec card dimensions might have been to fit a particular card-case, wallet or something. I've been around long enough to know sometimes you need to be that precise - for example 'standard' workout plates etc are 'one inch', but that one inch can be anything from 24mm to 30mm (so you need to be precise as they are not all mutually compatable).]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:27 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"Any other questions?"
Colin wrote:He chuckled and nodded to Serge, giving a small thumbs up gesture, "Actually, yes, are you working with the traitor Wallace Jace? Are you aware he's only in it for personal power, and he's deluded himself into believing he can control Moloch's rise? He's abandoned the Black Spiral for personal gain, not a good look from anyone's perspective..."

"Classic Villain. Thinks he's so much cooler than he actually is." Serge said chuckling curious to hear the prisoners answers to the question.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:33 pm

[Chantry Complex]

olin smiled wryly, "A useful discipline, but tricky... When you see something bad happening, it can be hard to tell if you're supposed to prevent it, or to just bring the first aid kit and help clean up afterward..."

"I see no reason why divination would exist if we where just supposed to sit with our hands in our lap and say oh to bad that is meant to be. Fuck no I do what I can to prevent bad things I see."
Martha replied firmly.
"What can be hard is when I see things completely out of my control, but it is never a question for me whatever I should just sit back and wait to learn what I should do. I should do my best to prevent bad things happening, it will not always work but not from lack of trying."

[quote][He nodded and gently pulled her robes up, giving the mark a careful look, then pulled the robes back down into place, "Thank you. Hm, I'll have to make a note of the features..."/quote]

Julianna just nodded. You can identify the mark as being that of a Meajin Incarna but not much more, it is similar to the one Flavian had but not the same.

He chuckled and nodded to Serge, giving a small thumbs up gesture, "Actually, yes, are you working with the traitor Wallace Jace? Are you aware he's only in it for personal power, and he's deluded himself into believing he can control Moloch's rise? He's abandoned the Black Spiral for personal gain, not a good look from anyone's perspective..."

The prisoners just looked at you and said nothing.

"Classic Villain. Thinks he's so much cooler than he actually is." Serge said chuckling curious to hear the prisoners answers to the question.

Julianna smiled, the kind of smile a an adult give a small child who said something delightfully childish then turned back to Colin waiting for the next question.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:47 pm

[Concordia]

'Our general knowledge of others is spotty to non-existent... though if judging from the various bloodsuckers who do the "I am invincible!" line before one of us ends their... "life", they know almost fuck all 'bout us too. Which reminds me... have you ever heard of anyone doing a kind of "critter census", y'know, learning how many vampires, shifters and so on are in particular places?'

"Like I said there is that guy in San Fransisco trying to unite the supernatural society of the city he might have something like that but I have not heard of anything else doing so no."
Carlos replied.
"What you where thinking of going critter counting?"

'Yet Mundies keep stuff from other Mundies, all the time. During this dinner, p'haps hundreds of Americans have died due to not getting the medical help which already exists. Malnutrition, overwork, stress, poor housing and winter cold... all solvable now. Without any "outside help".' picking up a fat-rind of bacon from her near-empty plate and eating it. 'Yet I'm a loony commie for pointing that out.'

"It is a fair point however us them thinking is fairly common. I still think it is safer, for us at least if the Law of Shade remain in effect."

Who stands to gain?, to quote Lenin. I'm sure a Union rep, if here would argue part of the reason we can't move that fast is 'cos of the various "Mystics" clogging up things and stopping progress. Case in point; anti-vaxxers.'

"Maybe we all stand to gang or maybe we would gain more if everyone knew, perhaps that would make for more Awakened but I think it is hard to give up the secrecy and power that comes with working for the shadows."
Carlos replied before sipping his coffee again and frowning at the taste.

Which is the whole thing about "the talk". It's where you get sat down by an adult and get told 'bout how the world really works, not the propaganda shit peddled by teach[ers] and the TV. That cops ain't ever on your side, you will get judged for having tits, dark skin or looking poor, the law is just another weapon and under the polite veneer lies a load of nasty folks with a "fuck you, got mine" attitude who'd stamp a hobo to death if it got them fifty bucks. I got it, you clearly got it. Just trying to work out a way to warn of shit like vampires, Mirrorshades and so on so they can avoid having a run-in, like the way you get told to always call cops "sir" in a polite voice, keep it zipped up whatever they do or say and to do nothing at all which could be used for an excuse for a beat-down or being shot.' the tone making it unsurprisingly clear she regarded the police as an enemy.

"Yeah I get that. I mean my brother was arrested the other day for the crime of having a good job and being brown. He is a dentist and a pretty good one so he was coming out of his office and was arrested and had to spend the night in jail until his lawyer finally convinced the police that yeah he work there in fact it is HIS clinic, then he was finally released with not so much as an apology."
Carlos muttered angrily.
"But I am getting of topic. I mean that is the problem telling anyone how the might avoid the notice of a supernatural but half the time you will not know what they are even if you know what signs to look for, police at least wear uniforms...well most of the time."

Why I didn't get one here. Saw the signs before coming in, me.' ending with a smirk.

"What are you the coffee oracle now Nick?"
Carlos asked with a chuckle as he scowled into his cup.
"This taste like rancid tar."

(OOC: Why would I want to re do the reply at times there will be spelling errors that is just the way it is.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next