Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:14 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin wrote:He smiled warmly, "If you can do nothing else, be kind... Hum..."
He paused on the way, "You know, I haven't been here before in this life... but I seem to remember this door. On the other side, we attended the planting of a sapling, a young tree brought from Earth to prevent its extinction... I wonder if that tree is still there? For that matter, I'm not sure if the species survived its crisis at the time... don't rightly recall the tree itself, just that we were attending the planting. Even without bloodshed, there was quite a bit of... vital energy, shall we say, over the place."
Anja wrote:There was a hustle and bustle as the Chantry's Verbena was milling around, one young woman stopped and looked at Serge and Colin.
"Oh forgive me you discussed the tree int eh West garden...she is quite the sight, but I wear she is not open to the public as she is the Life Tree of one of the resident Covens."
The girl said then she smiled.
"Also I do not mean to be rude but are you that Cabal from Earth who stopped the cybernetics plague? That is awesome, can I have your autographs?"
She asked producing a small note book and a pen from a pocket and hopefully handing it tothe Boston mages.
Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Ah, the tree has been... promoted since then, I take it? Well, I'd not want to intrude, of course. That visit was in another lifetime."
He arched an eyebrow at the request, accepting the notebook and quickly flipping through the pages, making a quick mental note of the book's contents before finding a blank page, "And yes, we're members of that Cabal - well, we weren't the only Cabal involved, obviously, but we did play our part. Hum..."
Anja wrote:The book seamed to be an autograph book, it had signatures from mostly famous mages but there was a few mundane actors, singers and politicians there as well.
"Yeah the tree was planted by Lady Eloine itself so one of the early Covens linked with it as a Life Tree."
The young Verbena confirmed.
"Oh wow your Cabal is getting really famous."
She added excitedly.
Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "It makes sense... the association would be a reverent one. I do remember there was a lot of..." He glanced at Serge, "...dancing going on around the newly planted sapling at the time."
Quickly signing the book as C. Wainwright, The Most Irritating Orphan In The Tellurian, he handed the book to Serge with a small smirk, "I suppose we are building some repute... Not all bad, I hope?"

"Man so many things happened that day it's nuts. Though that plague was one of the larger things. Still though I'm surprised people here have heard of it." Serge said giving the Verbana a friendly smile and taking the autograph book from his Cabal Leader when he handed it him.

"Guess we are becoming small time celebrities. Damn that's exciting. Though we'll still need a cool cabal name if we wanna get properly famous. Though I suppose there is a sort of appeal to just being referred to as 'that cabal that does awesome stuff'" he said with a chuckle, adding an autograph underneath Colin's.

Seeing what his cabal leader had wrote he followed his lead. Writing 'S. Yager, The Mage whose Dreams shakes Reality (hopefully that sounds cool!)'.

Underneath the autograph he also drew a little picture of a cartoon version of him fighting against a sick looking robot. Not an accurate representation of the event but he hoped served a more fun symbolic version.

He handed the autograph book back to the young women when he was done.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:44 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded, "It makes sense... the association would be a reverent one. I do remember there was a lot of..." He glanced at Serge, "...dancing going on around the newly planted sapling at the time."
Quickly signing the book as C. Wainwright, The Most Irritating Orphan In The Tellurian, he handed the book to Serge with a small smirk, "I suppose we are building some repute... Not all bad, I hope?"

"Oh you have past life memories of this place perhaps Sir?"
The Verbena asked.
"But yes the tree is sacred.

"Man so many things happened that day it's nuts. Though that plague was one of the larger things. Still though I'm surprised people here have heard of it." Serge said giving the Verbana a friendly smile and taking the autograph book from his Cabal Leader when he handed it him.

"Guess we are becoming small time celebrities. Damn that's exciting. Though we'll still need a cool cabal name if we wanna get properly famous. Though I suppose there is a sort of appeal to just being referred to as 'that cabal that does awesome stuff'" he said with a chuckle, adding an autograph underneath Colin's.

Seeing what his cabal leader had wrote he followed his lead. Writing 'S. Yager, The Mage whose Dreams shakes Reality (hopefully that sounds cool!)'.

Underneath the autograph he also drew a little picture of a cartoon version of him fighting against a sick looking robot. Not an accurate representation of the event but he hoped served a more fun symbolic version.

"Oh thank you so much. Yeah it must have been quite a fight."
The Verbena said she accepted the book back and chuuckle and the signatures and the drawing.
"Thank you so much, I am not going to take up more of your time then. Oh where are my manners, my name is Finnly Albreras bani Verbena."
She said happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:52 am

[Chantry Complex]
Jeremy wrote:"Man so many things happened that day it's nuts. Though that plague was one of the larger things. Still though I'm surprised people here have heard of it." Serge said giving the Verbana a friendly smile and taking the autograph book from his Cabal Leader when he handed it him.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, Concordia did put Earth under quarantine for the duration; it would be difficult to create some pretense for that and keep the truth concealed."

Anja wrote:"Oh you have past life memories of this place perhaps Sir?"
The Verbena asked.
"But yes the tree is sacred.
He nodded, giving a small smirk, "Glimpses. I remember being here for the planting, but for the life of me, I couldn't describe what anyone was wearing for the occasion."

Jeremy wrote:"Guess we are becoming small time celebrities. Damn that's exciting. Though we'll still need a cool cabal name if we wanna get properly famous. Though I suppose there is a sort of appeal to just being referred to as 'that cabal that does awesome stuff'" he said with a chuckle, adding an autograph underneath Colin's.

He sighed, "We're getting properly registered as 'The Ineffable Cabal'. Which is quite the correction for the current misfiling, referring to us as the 'Hold My Beer Cabal'... I suppose we could put that as an unoffocial motto of some sort... 'Tene mi cervisiam et spectare'?"

Anja wrote:"Oh thank you so much. Yeah it must have been quite a fight."
The Verbena said she accepted the book back and chuuckle and the signatures and the drawing.
"Thank you so much, I am not going to take up more of your time then. Oh where are my manners, my name is Finnly Albreras bani Verbena."
She said happily.
He bowed, "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Albreras. Colin Wainwright, of Chantry Steelhaven Hall. And I have embraced that little epithet, it is true."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:54 am

[Explorer]

Nah, that don't add up, mon. I get the feeling that Fallen kill us if we get in the way, me - y'know, it ain't actually the goal.' continuing to poke about the storeroom, vaguely wondering if there were any cybernetic spares she could "liberate" and give Baynes.

There was no cybernatics in this room.
"I mean I suppose their goal is to completely eradicate reality, make reality just not exist which is more than dead but yeah there is that."
Carlos muttered.

More value than what Hastings would offer. Has she made contact yet?' she texed back.

You got a reply back from the Chief.
"To Miss Bouchard
From Jeffry Morgan
Yes that is correct, a meeting have been set up for early tomorrow morning.
Be Well
JM."

Eh, nothing hugely exciting, but some fairly useful gear.' she replied. 'Like them suits would be good for our ship.' seeing if she could find some emergency rations, remembering her promise to Serge about nutrient paste.

The bags had energency rations, they where not all that futuristic though, each bag contained five food kits, each kit of simple foodstuffs intended to cover what a person needed for a day, there was also a first aid kit, a blanket, a flashlight and batteries, some line and other things that was needed for survival.
"Yeah the suits are pretty nice."
Carlos agreed.

(OOC: Remember that Tass is not one size, you can have hundreds of dramms in one small ring or one dram in a car, I am sure drams for the payment can be rpesented in a portable format.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:58 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, Concordia did put Earth under quarantine for the duration; it would be difficult to create some pretense for that and keep the truth concealed."

"You know we do get news up here we are not completely cut off from Earth."
The young Verbena commented.

He nodded, giving a small smirk, "Glimpses. I remember being here for the planting, but for the life of me, I couldn't describe what anyone was wearing for the occasion."

"Well past life memories are not usually that detailed Mr Wainwright."
The Verbena commented.

He bowed, "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Albreras. Colin Wainwright, of Chantry Steelhaven Hall. And I have embraced that little epithet, it is true."

Finnly chuckle at that.
"I am sure it is well earned Sir."
She said before shaking your hand.
"Anyway it is a honor to meet you and Mr Yager."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:15 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"You know we do get news up here we are not completely cut off from Earth."
Colin nodded, "And even if someone attempted to suppress the news, how easy is it to keep a city of Mages from answers they all want?"

Anja wrote:"Well past life memories are not usually that detailed Mr Wainwright."
The Verbena commented.
He grinned, "Oh, indeed - but as I said, there was a lot of dancing. But would you mind refreshing my memory, what species of tree is it?"

Anja wrote:Finnly chuckle at that.
He grinned, giving her hand a light squeeze, "A perk of getting things right, and getting results. But perhaps we'll find the opportunity to chat again later."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:31 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin wrote:Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, Concordia did put Earth under quarantine for the duration; it would be difficult to create some pretense for that and keep the truth concealed."
Anja wrote:"You know we do get news up here we are not completely cut off from Earth."
Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "And even if someone attempted to suppress the news, how easy is it to keep a city of Mages from answers they all want?"

"I was more so thinking that the Earth was a big place. Our disaster probably wasn't the biggest in the world. Though if Concordia was cut off because of that plague that would probably attract attention. Honestly you guys must get a lot of news about the going-on of Earth." Serge said.

She said happily.
Colin wrote:He sighed, "We're getting properly registered as 'The Ineffable Cabal'. Which is quite the correction for the current misfiling, referring to us as the 'Hold My Beer Cabal'... I suppose we could put that as an unoffocial motto of some sort... 'Tene mi cervisiam et spectare'?"

"That works. And the Latin motto gives a nice dramatic flair. Although I'm a little curious as to what the public would name us if given the chance. That's also a pretty popular trope to follow. For the hero to be named by the public at large rather than by themselves." Serge wondered.

She said happily.
Colin wrote:He bowed, "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Albreras. Colin Wainwright, of Chantry Steelhaven Hall. And I have embraced that little epithet, it is true."
Anja wrote:Finnly chuckle at that.
Colin wrote:He grinned, giving her hand a light squeeze, "A perk of getting things right, and getting results. But perhaps we'll find the opportunity to chat again later."

"It's an honor to meet you as well." Serge said shaking her hand as well when he was able to do so.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:01 pm

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'But why? If you want it to end, just give your pistol a blow-job. It don't make sense.' Nicole complained, giving a shrug on not finding anything immediately useful.

Anja's Post:

'Are you aware repairs to the ship are being done now?' she texted back, after giving a frown - while she'd not been told to look into that, she wasn't a jackass who'd engage in malicious compliance.

Anja's Post:

Nicole wasn't really expecting the stores to be "futuristic"; she knew Sleeper-level items like MREs, emergency meal bars and similar products were decent enough, if only nutritionally. Rummaged around to see if they had any tubes of said nutrient paste tubes, just so Serge could experience one. [I'm thinking 'Soylent in a tube' level, perhaps the RL company being a Syndicate spin-off of Union tech.]

[To translate my example; Hastings buys the ship for $2.56m. $143k is levied as 'fees' agreed beforehand, and the remaining balance is paid in $61k of Tass, $102k in USD, $41k in gold/silver and $2.2m in Etherite vouchers. I personally think this is in fact a low-ball price for the ship, when you think of the amount of work/resources would have gone into building. The vouchers cover the Tass shortfall; it's unlikely the whole Traditions between them could find that much.]

[And yes, Tass drams are an unit of energy, not mass; meaning the 'container' the energy is in is irrelevant. And we have already agreed that while there's no 'standard' form of Tass, there will be certain types which are widespread, popular and convenient - last time we talked about this I believe I used the example of RL batteries. Plus, no Chantry would want to produce their Tass in a form that everybody hates/is unusable - it's kinda nuts if they'd put each dram into a 5kg pumpkin, concrete breeze blocks or in car batteries. Most popular (I imagine) is as 'sand', 'batteries', 'crystals', 'vials', 'enriched fuels' and 'small foodstuffs' (like say, individual walnuts).]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:41 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded, "And even if someone attempted to suppress the news, how easy is it to keep a city of Mages from answers they all want?"

The young Verbena nodded.
"True enough."

He grinned, "Oh, indeed - but as I said, there was a lot of dancing. But would you mind refreshing my memory, what species of tree is it?"

"Ah I see I forget that non Verbena are often coy about nakedness that it is still a taboo so that it is something that is humerus to be coy about. To me you might as well be coy about someone wearing blue socks."
The Verbena said with a shrug.
"Yes it is likely the celebration was skyclad yes as for the tree it is a redwood."

He grinned, giving her hand a light squeeze, "A perk of getting things right, and getting results. But perhaps we'll find the opportunity to chat again later."

"I hope we will Mr Wainwright."
The Verbena said with a smile.

"I was more so thinking that the Earth was a big place. Our disaster probably wasn't the biggest in the world. Though if Concordia was cut off because of that plague that would probably attract attention. Honestly you guys must get a lot of news about the going-on of Earth." Serge said.

"It is not that many mages unfortunately, when something happens in mage society the rumor mill tend to start churning."
The young Verbena said.

"It's an honor to meet you as well." Serge said shaking her hand as well when he was able to do so.

"It is an honor Mr Yager...like I said I will not take up more of your time."
Finnly said happily.

[Explorer]

But why? If you want it to end, just give your pistol a blow-job. It don't make sense.' Nicole complained, giving a shrug on not finding anything immediately useful.

"Because they do not want to die Nick, remember what I said about spirits that they live in all points of time as once. Dying leave you with a past, you still exist, to truly not exist you must have never been."
Carlos replied.

Are you aware repairs to the ship are being done now?' she texted back, after giving a frown - while she'd not been told to look into that, she wasn't a jackass who'd engage in malicious compliance.

You got a reply back which said:
"To Miss Bouchard
From Jeffry Morgan
Good, I was told some basic repair would increase the sale value of the ship, like painting the bathroom before selling an apartment.
Be Well
JM."

Nicole wasn't really expecting the stores to be "futuristic"; she knew Sleeper-level items like MREs, emergency meal bars and similar products were decent enough, if only nutritionally. Rummaged around to see if they had any tubes of said nutrient paste tubes, just so Serge could experience one. [I'm thinking 'Soylent in a tube' level, perhaps the RL company being a Syndicate spin-off of Union tech.]

Sure you find some nutrient tubes at the bottom of the bags.

(OOC: The exact nature of the payment will be discussed when the sale is dealt with.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:48 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:The young Verbena nodded.
"True enough."
Jeremy wrote:"I was more so thinking that the Earth was a big place. Our disaster probably wasn't the biggest in the world. Though if Concordia was cut off because of that plague that would probably attract attention. Honestly you guys must get a lot of news about the going-on of Earth." Serge said.
Anja wrote:"It is not that many mages unfortunately, when something happens in mage society the rumor mill tend to start churning."
The young Verbena said.
Colin nodded soberly, "That plague was... extremely dangerous to our Technomancers in particular, and Mages were specifically targeted for the artificial spread... that got people's attention very, very quickly. The fact that the consequences of the plague weren't more severe boils down to preposterous amounts of luck, and having the right people in the right place to make the necessary connections to unravel Jace's work."

Anja wrote:"Ah I see I forget that non Verbena are often coy about nakedness that it is still a taboo so that it is something that is humerus to be coy about. To me you might as well be coy about someone wearing blue socks."
The Verbena said with a shrug.
"Yes it is likely the celebration was skyclad yes as for the tree it is a redwood."
He nodded, "Redwoods can live naturally for a couple thousand years, I believe? As a Life Tree, though, in a Verbena garden... I daresay it could live on for maybe six or seven thousand years, if tended to."

Jeremy wrote:"That works. And the Latin motto gives a nice dramatic flair. Although I'm a little curious as to what the public would name us if given the chance. That's also a pretty popular trope to follow. For the hero to be named by the public at large rather than by themselves." Serge wondered.
He chuckled, "Named by the public, well, that was how we were incorrectly registered as the 'Hold My Beer Cabal' in the first place... and that motto does sound better in Latin than the English 'Hold my beer and watch this'."

Anja wrote:"I hope we will Mr Wainwright."
The Verbena said with a smile.
Jeremy wrote:"It's an honor to meet you as well." Serge said shaking her hand as well when he was able to do so.
Anja wrote:"It is an honor Mr Yager...like I said I will not take up more of your time."
Finnly said happily.
He nodded, "Well, we're off to the Matter district, hope we don't run into too many problems on the way..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:19 pm

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

A pause, then a shrug. She still clearly didn't get it.

Anja's Post:

'But does that work if the painter is also the person you are selling to?' she texted back, pointing out the obvious fact that it was Fleet personnel who were doing the repairs as well as being the buyers.

Anja's Post:

'Ah-hah - Slime. Union slime, in fact. Let's see what's in room number three...' pocketing the tube, moving out of the storage closet and continuing to work her way to the front of the ship.

[I was merely giving my thoughts on how it could be handled in general terms. Naturally, the details are for later.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:41 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded soberly, "That plague was... extremely dangerous to our Technomancers in particular, and Mages were specifically targeted for the artificial spread... that got people's attention very, very quickly. The fact that the consequences of the plague weren't more severe boils down to preposterous amounts of luck, and having the right people in the right place to make the necessary connections to unravel Jace's work."

"Yeah it was pretty scary for a while."
Finnly agreed.
"But it was solved in large part due to your Cabal."

He nodded, "Redwoods can live naturally for a couple thousand years, I believe? As a Life Tree, though, in a Verbena garden... I daresay it could live on for maybe six or seven thousand years, if tended to."

"Yeah it can get pretty damn old."
The young Verbena agreed.

He nodded, "Well, we're off to the Matter district, hope we don't run into too many problems on the way..."

"Watch out for the dragons it is mating seasons, they are not aggressive but they are big."
Finnly advice.
"Have a great day both of you, I guess I have to go and be as boring as doing my job."

[Explorer]

A pause, then a shrug. She still clearly didn't get it.

"Think of it like this, dying would be then like dying in a computer game, but with hard mode on so you can not come back...usually, but there is still a record of the game played in the game's logs, the Nephandi want to delete the game and then blow up the computer to make sure it all never happened."
Carlos explained.

'But does that work if the painter is also the person you are selling to?' she texted back, pointing out the obvious fact that it was Fleet personnel who were doing the repairs as well as being the buyers.

"To: Miss Bouchard
From Jeffry Morgan
Never underestimate the power of a clean, neat presentation Miss Bouchard. I do not know much about these ships so I followed the advice of those who do, are you saying I should request such repairs be stopped?
Be Well
JM."

'Ah-hah - Slime. Union slime, in fact. Let's see what's in room number three...' pocketing the tube, moving out of the storage closet and continuing to work her way to the front of the ship.

You got into the main living area of the ship, it was a small rec room, a table and some chairs, a TV a shelf that held some books, some board games and other things meant to keep people from loosing their minds when off duty. There was a computer at a deck in a corner. Other than everything being bolted down and the shelves being fitted with see through panels to keep books and games going flying it all looked so normal. There was three doors out of this central chamber.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:16 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Yeah it was pretty scary for a while."
Finnly agreed.
"But it was solved in large part due to your Cabal."
Colin smiled thinly, "We couldn't have done it without Dr. Telivari and Lady Morninglade, they were crucial in actually stopping the plague. My Cabal helped putting pieces into place, and getting to the culprits behind it, but we do not have the skills that were needed to stop the disease itself..."
He paused for a moment, "Ah, that's right, I never got confirmation of Lady Morninglade received word - would you be so kind as to let her know that I am here, but the capture we discussed is about to happen in Boston? She was rather keen to partake of it. Come to think of it, she promised to make an introduction. Serge, you'd love to come along."

Anja wrote:"Watch out for the dragons it is mating seasons, they are not aggressive but they are big."
Finnly advice.
"Have a great day both of you, I guess I have to go and be as boring as doing my job."
He grinned, "As the monk said when a bird did its business on him, 'I thank God that cows cannot fly'... I'm not too worried about dragons, so long as we stay on the ground. I need a good photo of one, come to think of it... and until next time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:22 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin smiled thinly, "We couldn't have done it without Dr. Telivari and Lady Morninglade, they were crucial in actually stopping the plague. My Cabal helped putting pieces into place, and getting to the culprits behind it, but we do not have the skills that were needed to stop the disease itself..."
He paused for a moment, "Ah, that's right, I never got confirmation of Lady Morninglade received word - would you be so kind as to let her know that I am here, but the capture we discussed is about to happen in Boston? She was rather keen to partake of it. Come to think of it, she promised to make an introduction. Serge, you'd love to come along."

"I love to try Mr Wainwright but I do not know Lady Morninglade, it is not like I can just wander up to her and give your message that is way above my pay grade. I can try to send your message word of mouth but how much of it will then actually reach is not clear, you might want to ask one of the Masters to aid you."
Finnly said sounding apologetically.
"Lady Lady Morninglade are often spending time away from Horizon I do not even know if she is here right now."

He grinned, "As the monk said when a bird did its business on him, 'I thank God that cows cannot fly'... I'm not too worried about dragons, so long as we stay on the ground. I need a good photo of one, come to think of it... and until next time."

Finnly gave a polite wave.
"Good luck with that there are plenty of them around."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:55 pm

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'Meh, seems like waay too much effort. And the net result for you is 'bout the same. High-school shooters make more sense than this.'

Anja's Post:

A moment's frown before replying. 'Are they charging us market rates for the repairs?'

Anja's Post:

A little grin at this; she knew that these ships would have been provided with a huge digital library of movies, television, books and music to help ward off cabin fever. 'It's update time. I'll cut a deal, me; I'll give Drydock a copy of this digital library if in return you give us a copy of yours. Though this would require Steelhaven setting up a LAN to use the thing.' also wondering whether they might be able to trade the library to both Lowell and Westchapel too.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:17 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin wrote:Colin smiled thinly, "We couldn't have done it without Dr. Telivari and Lady Morninglade, they were crucial in actually stopping the plague. My Cabal helped putting pieces into place, and getting to the culprits behind it, but we do not have the skills that were needed to stop the disease itself..."

"Absolutely I'd love to come along. Mages with cool names like that are usually really cool. Bet she has like, a living forest following her around or something." he said wondering what such a mage would look like.

Colin wrote:He chuckled, "Named by the public, well, that was how we were incorrectly registered as the 'Hold My Beer Cabal' in the first place... and that motto does sound better in Latin than the English 'Hold my beer and watch this'."

"Everything sounds better in Latin. It just gives off the right atmosphere."

Anja wrote:"It is an honor Mr Yager...like I said I will not take up more of your time."
Finnly said happily.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Well, we're off to the Matter district, hope we don't run into too many problems on the way..."
Anja wrote:"Watch out for the dragons it is mating seasons, they are not aggressive but they are big."
Finnly advice.
Colin wrote:He grinned, "As the monk said when a bird did its business on him, 'I thank God that cows cannot fly'... I'm not too worried about dragons, so long as we stay on the ground. I need a good photo of one, come to think of it... and until next time."
Anja wrote:Finnly gave a polite wave.

Serge waved goodbye to Finnly as well as he and his cabal leader left for the Matter District.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:43 am

[Chantry Complex]

"Absolutely I'd love to come along. Mages with cool names like that are usually really cool. Bet she has like, a living forest following her around or something." he said wondering what such a mage would look like.

"Well yes she have a magical grove, and a enchanted motorcycle is that counts."
Finnly said with a chuckle.

"Everything sounds better in Latin. It just gives off the right atmosphere."

"Or some of the Celtic languages they sound like some fantasy speech."
"For example Tha mi a’ smaoineachadh gu bheil an cànan seo dìreach brèagha agus tha mi a’ faireachdainn dìomhair eadhon ged a bhios mi dìreach ag òrdachadh brot."

Serge waved goodbye to Finnly as well as he and his cabal leader left for the Matter District.

You and Colin left Horizon Chantry and came upon a scene in the sentral square before the castle, a area used for a marketplace. A rather large dragon had decided that after whatever fun he had in the sky he was hungry and he was currently accosting a hot dog stand. The owner of Maplegreen Hot Dogs and Pies stood filming the large winged reptile shred her cart and help himself to the contents, now and again she sigh but she did not sound to distressed.

[Explorer]

'Meh, seems like waay too much effort. And the net result for you is 'bout the same. High-school shooters make more sense than this.'

"No it is not the same result, they are not seeking to be dead they are seeking Ascension, or Decencion if you will. Non existence is not the same as death."
Carlos replied.
"I guess you would make a bad Nephanda."

A moment's frown before replying. 'Are they charging us market rates for the repairs?'

"To: Miss Bouchard
I believe so, I am paying with a favor though, they want me to enchant something for them and they will do basic repairs on the ship.
Be Well
JM."

A little grin at this; she knew that these ships would have been provided with a huge digital library of movies, television, books and music to help ward off cabin fever. 'It's update time. I'll cut a deal, me; I'll give Drydock a copy of this digital library if in return you give us a copy of yours. Though this would require Steelhaven setting up a LAN to use the thing.' also wondering whether they might be able to trade the library to both Lowell and Westchapel too.

"I mean first we have to check what is in their computers but you might be able to trade the digetal library to several Chantries."
Carlos agreed.

(OOC: Off I go to my mother's place for the Holidays. I will be on a train all day so I might be slow to respond to posts.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:50 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Jeremy wrote:"Absolutely I'd love to come along. Mages with cool names like that are usually really cool. Bet she has like, a living forest following her around or something." he said wondering what such a mage would look like.
Anja wrote:"Well yes she have a magical grove, and a enchanted motorcycle is that counts."
Finnly said with a chuckle.
Colin smiled, "She was Nightshade's apprentice, like Lady Quey, was she not? She does represent her noble lineage well, and honourably."

Anja wrote:"I love to try Mr Wainwright but I do not know Lady Morninglade, it is not like I can just wander up to her and give your message that is way above my pay grade. I can try to send your message word of mouth but how much of it will then actually reach is not clear, you might want to ask one of the Masters to aid you."
Finnly said sounding apologetically.
"Lady Lady Morninglade are often spending time away from Horizon I do not even know if she is here right now."
He nodded, "Of course, it was a stray notion, nothing deeper. Hum, come to think of it, given that she knew we'd be making those arrangements on Earth so soon, I am inclined to believe she did not return here after the quarantine ended. I should check with my Security Chief, the two were in contact about that matter."

Jeremy wrote:"Everything sounds better in Latin. It just gives off the right atmosphere."
Anja wrote:"Or some of the Celtic languages they sound like some fantasy speech."
"For example Tha mi a’ smaoineachadh gu bheil an cànan seo dìreach brèagha agus tha mi a’ faireachdainn dìomhair eadhon ged a bhios mi dìreach ag òrdachadh brot."
He paused for a moment, "Irish Gaelic, I am guessing? Doesn't quite sound Welsh or Scots... Though I'll note Icelandic, Finnish, and Farsi also sound quite fantastical."

Anja wrote:Finnly gave a polite wave.
Jeremy wrote:Serge waved goodbye to Finnly as well as he and his cabal leader left for the Matter District.
Anja wrote:You and Colin left Horizon Chantry and came upon a scene in the sentral square before the castle, a area used for a marketplace. A rather large dragon had decided that after whatever fun he had in the sky he was hungry and he was currently accosting a hot dog stand. The owner of Maplegreen Hot Dogs and Pies stood filming the large winged reptile shred her cart and help himself to the contents, now and again she sigh but she did not sound to distressed.
He stopped, looking up at the dragon, then slowly strolled over to the hot dog vendor, "Ah, I hope they paid for that?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:20 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"Or some of the Celtic languages they sound like some fantasy speech."
Colin wrote:He paused for a moment, "Irish Gaelic, I am guessing? Doesn't quite sound Welsh or Scots... Though I'll note Icelandic, Finnish, and Farsi also sound quite fantastical."

"Mmmmmm that's some tasty language you got there. No idea what you said. But it's about the feelings." Serge said as if he had sampled the language like an appetizer.

Anja wrote:You and Colin left Horizon Chantry and came upon a scene in the sentral square before the castle, a area used for a marketplace. A rather large dragon had decided that after whatever fun he had in the sky he was hungry and he was currently accosting a hot dog stand. The owner of Maplegreen Hot Dogs and Pies stood filming the large winged reptile shred her cart and help himself to the contents, now and again she sigh but she did not sound to distressed.
Colin wrote:He stopped, looking up at the dragon, then slowly strolled over to the hot dog vendor, "Ah, I hope they paid for that?"

"Hmmm you don't look too bothered by the messy draconic customer. I'm assuming this isn't not that unusual of an occurrence?" Serge asked walking up to the hot dog vendor with Colin. He glanced over at the device the vendor was using to film the occurrence and then asked curiously, "Are you filming for, like, magickal insurance purposes?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:48 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin smiled, "She was Nightshade's apprentice, like Lady Quey, was she not? She does represent her noble lineage well, and honourably."

"Yes Lady Morninglade and Lady Quey was both apprentices of Lady Nightshade."
Finnly confirmed.
"And they are amazing but they tend to not get along."

He nodded, "Of course, it was a stray notion, nothing deeper. Hum, come to think of it, given that she knew we'd be making those arrangements on Earth so soon, I am inclined to believe she did not return here after the quarantine ended. I should check with my Security Chief, the two were in contact about that matter."

"I really could not comment."
The young Verbena replied.

He paused for a moment, "Irish Gaelic, I am guessing? Doesn't quite sound Welsh or Scots... Though I'll note Icelandic, Finnish, and Farsi also sound quite fantastical."

You would be correct and yes those languages sound rather fantasyish as well."
Finnly agreed with a grin.

Mmmmmm that's some tasty language you got there. No idea what you said. But it's about the feelings." Serge said as if he had sampled the language like an appetizer.

"I basically said that it sound like I am part of a fantasy world just when ordering lunch and that this is a beautiful language."
Finnely said with a chuckle.

He stopped, looking up at the dragon, then slowly strolled over to the hot dog vendor, "Ah, I hope they paid for that?

"He is a dragon so no, but I have insurance so I am filming to prove a dragon destroyed my cart."
The vendor said pointing at her phone as the large, blue scaly boy continued to decimate the cart.

Hmmm you don't look too bothered by the messy draconic customer. I'm assuming this isn't not that unusual of an occurrence?" Serge asked walking up to the hot dog vendor with Colin. He glanced over at the device the vendor was using to film the occurrence and then asked curiously, "Are you filming for, like, magickal insurance purposes?"

"Yes that I am and no this is not all that rare no, when you have food in the open like when selling from a cart it attract the dragons at times."
The vendor said and the dragon raised his scaly head and looked in your direction, his face full of pie filling.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:21 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Yes Lady Morninglade and Lady Quey was both apprentices of Lady Nightshade."
Finnly confirmed.
"And they are amazing but they tend to not get along."
Colin nodded, "Well, one might presume sibling rivalry to be an inescapable fact of life, hmm? I know I trust either with my life, or my family's lives..."

Anja wrote:You would be correct and yes those languages sound rather fantasyish as well."
Finnly agreed with a grin.
Jeremy wrote:"Mmmmmm that's some tasty language you got there. No idea what you said. But it's about the feelings." Serge said as if he had sampled the language like an appetizer.
Anja wrote:"I basically said that it sound like I am part of a fantasy world just when ordering lunch and that this is a beautiful language."
Finnely said with a chuckle.
He chuckled softly.

Anja wrote:"He is a dragon so no, but I have insurance so I am filming to prove a dragon destroyed my cart."
The vendor said pointing at her phone as the large, blue scaly boy continued to decimate the cart.
Jeremy wrote:"Hmmm you don't look too bothered by the messy draconic customer. I'm assuming this isn't not that unusual of an occurrence?" Serge asked walking up to the hot dog vendor with Colin. He glanced over at the device the vendor was using to film the occurrence and then asked curiously, "Are you filming for, like, magickal insurance purposes?"
Anja wrote:"Yes that I am and no this is not all that rare no, when you have food in the open like when selling from a cart it attract the dragons at times."
The vendor said and the dragon raised his scaly head and looked in your direction, his face full of pie filling.
He nodded, "The destructive pattern seems rather... distinct. Even in a city of Mages, how much proof does one need for dragon insurance? Are the local insurance agencies as obstreperous as American ones?"
Meeting the dragon's gaze briefly before averting his eyes slightly, he added, "Ah... O Dragon, I take it you speak English?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:53 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded, "Well, one might presume sibling rivalry to be an inescapable fact of life, hmm? I know I trust either with my life, or my family's lives..."

"Lady Nightshade was a great person and a great mage but she was well...a shitty Mentor, she was known to throw her old students aside when a new one came along to catch her fancy, Lady Quey was the second to last student, newly tossed aside while Lady Morninglade was still in favor with Lady Nighthade when she ehm...died yes she is dead...all dead...anyway so Morninglade feel that she was the favored student should be the Prima and Lady Quey disagree."
Finnly explained.

He nodded, "The destructive pattern seems rather... distinct. Even in a city of Mages, how much proof does one need for dragon insurance? Are the local insurance agencies as obstreperous as American ones?"

"Let us just say it is always a benefit to have proof."
The Vendor said nodding towards her phone that she put away after she was done filming.

Meeting the dragon's gaze briefly before averting his eyes slightly, he added, "Ah... O Dragon, I take it you speak English?"

The dragon tipped the mangeled foot cat over and poured the last remaining crumbs into his mouth then he tossed it aside and ambeled over to Colin and lowered his head down to look at the Orphan.
"I can indeed...the splendor before your eyes are known as Geralack feast your eyes on my wonderous beauty..."
He said stiking a pose so the sunlight hit his blue scales just right.
"Did you happen to have more food for me?"
Garalack asked hopefully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:27 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Lady Nightshade was a great person and a great mage but she was well...a shitty Mentor, she was known to throw her old students aside when a new one came along to catch her fancy, Lady Quey was the second to last student, newly tossed aside while Lady Morninglade was still in favor with Lady Nighthade when she ehm...died yes she is dead...all dead...anyway so Morninglade feel that she was the favored student should be the Prima and Lady Quey disagree."
Finnly explained.
Colin smiled thinly, "As I said, sibling rivalry... Speculating on the state of a prior Prima is perhaps unwise before strangers, even posthumously."

Anja wrote:"Let us just say it is always a benefit to have proof."
The Vendor said nodding towards her phone that she put away after she was done filming.
He nodded, "Very true."

Anja wrote:The dragon tipped the mangeled foot cat over and poured the last remaining crumbs into his mouth then he tossed it aside and ambeled over to Colin and lowered his head down to look at the Orphan.
"I can indeed...the splendor before your eyes are known as Geralack feast your eyes on my wonderous beauty..."
He said stiking a pose so the sunlight hit his blue scales just right.
"Did you happen to have more food for me?"
Garalack asked hopefully.
He shrugged slightly, "Alas, mighty Geralack, I carry no food with me, though I was hoping I might have an opportunity to capture your splendour under the twin suns in a picture, once you were done... devouring someone's business."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:26 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin smiled thinly, "As I said, sibling rivalry... Speculating on the state of a prior Prima is perhaps unwise before strangers, even posthumously."

"This is not a tyranny, criticizing our leaders are allowed as long as it is done respectfully, and I have a great respect of Lady Nightshade but I am skeptical to how she treated her students."
Finnly said with a shrug.

He shrugged slightly, "Alas, mighty Geralack, I carry no food with me, though I was hoping I might have an opportunity to capture your splendour under the twin suns in a picture, once you were done... devouring someone's business."

"This vendor should be honored to feed me!"
The dragon declared.
"Off course I am you damned flying rat!"
The vendor replied which made the dragon give a great, insulted huff and smoke billowed out of his nose.
"Ah forgive me giant, fire breathing flying rat."
The vendor grubbed. The dragon turned to Colin.
"You see what injustice I must endure, by right I should eat this insolent woman but alas then the realm security will come after me, ah will the indignity never end...eh...so you want a picture of me? I can do that...if you PAY ME!"
The dragon added a big, toothy grin at that and his forked tongue flicked out to lick mustard of his nose.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:06 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"This is not a tyranny, criticizing our leaders are allowed as long as it is done respectfully, and I have a great respect of Lady Nightshade but I am skeptical to how she treated her students."
Finnly said with a shrug.
Colin shook his head, voice soft, "Her teaching methods were not what I was referring to. And I suspect you, too, know what I meant. It is usually better to... let the departed rest."

Anja wrote:"This vendor should be honored to feed me!"
The dragon declared.
"Off course I am you damned flying rat!"
The vendor replied which made the dragon give a great, insulted huff and smoke billowed out of his nose.
"Ah forgive me giant, fire breathing flying rat."
The vendor grubbed. The dragon turned to Colin.
"You see what injustice I must endure, by right I should eat this insolent woman but alas then the realm security will come after me, ah will the indignity never end...eh...so you want a picture of me? I can do that...if you PAY ME!"
The dragon added a big, toothy grin at that and his forked tongue flicked out to lick mustard of his nose.
He smiled thinly, "What payment did you have in mind, O Mighty Geralack? I'll have you know, the photo is intended as a gift for a Prince on Earth, a reminder of things that were, and your Splendour would be seen by many who might remember your name for centuries to come. Surely the added fame and reverence would be a fair bit of compensation for your time?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next