Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 13:44

Beatrice seamed relieved when you tell her she is still a mage, her eyes closed for a moment but then she creamed again, struggling with the pain. You see Amadeus looking devastated at seeing his apprentice suffering like this, though at least she was getting help and there where none better to help her than Cita.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Adley 12.09.15 16:29

"Hum...if the two Avatars have a connection it would make it easier...and yes it might be better to do this quickly rather than wait to see if I can find someone who is Primordial...but are you sure, it will not damage you, your Avatar will heal the small wound in hours, but it will hurt...I will say about like when that shard hit you, though the pain should last for but a moment."

"I don't care how much it hurts."

He looked up as Colin came back to them, but he did not know what to say to the man at first but then asked "Do you know if your avatar is primordial in nature?" Then, he looked back to Cita as his friend cried out again. "Please just take mine, if it is the best available."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 16:59

Cita looked at Adley then she nodded.
"Very well, bite down on something."
The Virtual Adept said as she started another rote on her computer.

Amadeus looks at the Hermetic with an unreadable look in his eyes, a Flambeau willing to suffer to save a young Diedne, it put the man's prejudices to question and for a moment his eyes rested on Adley before he turned his attention back to Beatrice, pricking his own finger on the pin he wore on his shirt and smearing the blood in a simple symbol over her broken wrist, healing it.

Cita readied her rote, she glanced at Colin but she did not wait, nothing about the man's personality indicated that his Avatar was Primodial, if she had to guess it had to be Questing or Pattern, and she was good at guessing. The Virtual Adept was worried about hurting Adley as the man looked like he had been through the wringer, but unless she did something with Beatrice's Avatar the girl could end up spiritually crippled, so with nimble movements of her fingers on the keyboard Cita activated the rote and as quickly and carefully as she could took a minuscule bit of the Hermetic's Ephemera.

There was pain...but not as much as you might have feared, it was comparable to when the Umbrood shard hit you, but the pain faded quicker, partly due to your Avatar not resisting, it saw with your eyes, it wanted to help and it did not feel threatened, yes there was mind numbing agony for a second and then that quickly faded to a low murmur, an ache that was bothersome mostly due to it not having a location, it was just there, yes the pain added to the fatigue of this day, a fatigue that had grown to the point you thought it would be hard to sleep even when the time came that you could, your reserves was gone and you sort of just functioned because you had to, however other than that you where fine.

Cita did not waste time to make sure the Hermetic was well right now, there where to others there that cold take care of it, instead she begun work on suturing the wound in Beatrice's Avatar.
"As I work on her Avatar it will hurt her, but hopefully when I am done her pain will lessen."
Cita explained before she got to work, using the small sliver from Adley's Avatar to close the cut in the Verbena's soul.
"It is holding.."
She muttered, focused on her work

Beatrice screaming in fresh agony as the Virtual Adept begun her work, it was clear the little Verbena was terrified, her screams had not much sound left but that was not for a lack of trying and again her body convulsed, but then as Cita finally stopped typing in code and leaned against the cold cellar wall, completely exhausted herself, Beatrice stopped screaming, she stopped trashing and her breathing improved, became more even. It was clear she was still in pain, but her eyes became more alert and finally she seamed to actually relax, her eyes going from one to the other of the concerned faces around her and finally her body was still, now and again she whimpered but she did seam much better, though in her current condition much better was far from well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 12.09.15 16:59

Colin shook his head, "I... don't think so. I myself can't be certain, but from the descriptions of primordial Avatars, mine is too... systematic, too patient and meticulous for that sort. If I can still be of such help, though, I will."

Last edited by Warpmind on 12.09.15 17:13; edited 1 time in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 17:11

Colin shook his head, "I... don't think so. I myself can't be certain, but from the descriptions of primordial Avatars, mine is too... systematic, too patient and meticulous for that sort. If I can still be of such help, though, I will."

"No Colin your Avatar is probably Pattern or Questing...I appreciate you being willing to help but Pattern tend to not shape well into new forms, what you can do however is to make sure Aldey is okey when I do this, he should be, but just to be sure, stand by to grab him if he hit the floor."
Cita said before she activate the rote to take the small sample of the Hermetic's soul.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 12.09.15 17:15

Colin nodded and steadied Adley for the necessary moment, then knelt down by Beatrice. He grimaced slightly for a moment while Cita worked, as Beatrice's vise grip hurt him, but never let go her hands. "Come now, Beatrice, let the pain wash over you, and let it go... You look a lot better than I did when I was on the operating table; you will be back on your feet sooner than I was, too, I'll wager."

((OOC: "So, how was your night?" "Awful. I held hands while a Virtual Adept used a Hermetic to suture up a Verbena Widderslainte's Avatar." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 12.09.15 17:35

"Very well, bite down on something." The Virtual Adept said as she started another rote on her computer.

He looked at Colin, "Can you help with Beatrice," he asked. "Maybe someone with ars mentis can help her manage this pain." He didn't move away so much as shuffled the folder into his coat and pulled his belt, putting it between his teeth. But he had to let go of her and wasn't sure if she would be able to stay steady. He did his best not to make any sound but he did anyway, his body tensed up into an arc like a bow. The pain encompassed everything for a moment, a sheet of white pain and then it was over. He could feel Colin there and  felt both gratitude and shame that he had to take him away from helping Beatrice.

He was exhausted, feeling like he was entering a grey state where he just kept going because there wasn't any choice, because there was still something that could be done. If that had hurt then he couldn't image what Beatrice was going through and wanted it to stop.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 18:00

While Cita worked on her Avatar Beatrice probably would not be able to understand Colin's words, but she might be aware of his presence and the sound. Amadeus helped with holding his apprentice still while the Technomancer worked. Once the Virtual Adept was done though she seamed more aware, she coughed then looked around again.
"I...heard...Adley cry out...are we under attack?"
The Verbena managed, the Hermetics sounds of pain she had noticed and they worried her, but she did not manage to do much about it and her eyes closed again, little whimpers escaped her but she could form sentences, that was something.

Cita looked at Adley after a few moments then she asked.
"Are you alright?"
There where concern in her voice, then she looked at Beatrice.
"We should get her out of this room and into a bed, I will see what more I can do for her tomorrow but for now I dare not do more, my concentration is slipping I could end up doing more harm than good. However I have...for a lack of a better term, sutured the gash and her Avatar seam to accept Adley's Ephemera fine, with luck the missing code will correct itself and she will with time be fine."
The Virtual Adept said she begun to rise to her feet...or try to but she was to tired and fell back don onto her but.
"Okey then..."
Cita said as she struggled to her feet a bit slower this time.
"Do not let her use magick, not under any circumstances, if she do she might damage her Avatar more it need rest and to be left alone for now, if all go well tomorrow I will put her on a regimen of small amounts of tass to help strengthen her Avatar...for now though, it need for it' mage to be healthy and it is not the only one that needs rest, clean her, get some fluid into her and get her to bed...and Adley while you are at it, the fluids and bed part go for your as well...I am less concerned with that small scraping I took from your Avatar, that would be like if I ran a fingernail down your arm and scratched you, the wound are minuscule, I am more concerned with what that failed teleportation attempt did to you...if something happen to you because of it then I would never forgive myself."
Cita said in a concerned tone of voice.
"Now let us get out of here, the Resonance of this room reek of destruction and pain, it could need a good cleansing."
The Adept said as she slowly bent down to retrieve her computer.

(OOC: Lol yeah well that is Mage for you. It is like one of the vampire characters said in one of my crossover games: Well these mages are nice and all but man do they do some crazy shit. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 12.09.15 18:08

Colin shook his head, "I know a few mundane mantras to focus - nothing magical about them. The best I can do for her is hold her hands and talk..."
As Cita finished up her work, Colin gently lifted Beatrice up, sighing softly. "If she's to use no magic, might I suggest severing one of the links in the handcuffs? Or would their dampening effect interfere with the healing process? Master Steelhaven said the cuffs would still work even without the chain between them - seems they could be a useful medical tool, in this case."
Glancing at Cita, he added, "And I'll understand completely if you're not up for answering a few questions over breakfast, Cita. I think this night has been too hard on us all; some more than others."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 18:19

Cita looks at the cuffs.
"It depend where they create a block, if it is creating a form of antimagickal effect like Primium would, off course this is not Primium but the effect and be duplicated with Prime then that should be fine, then they do not affect her Avatar it only prevent her from using magick. If however they keep her from the Quintessence pool, turning of the tap to say it like that then it will be negative for the Avatar, we know so little about them but we do know they are deeply connected to the Quintessence pool, that is why they give us the ability to affect our will on reality...so a wounded Avatar need energy to heal."
The Virtual Adept commented then she sigh and give Colin a grin.
"I can answer questions over breakfast Mr Wainwright but that meal might end up being taken a little later than planned as I do need a few hours of sleep to be effective in my job. And yes not the best of nights, not for any of us but for some..."
Cita looked at Beatrice and sigh.
"Let us get her cleaned up and to bed."
Was all she said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 12.09.15 18:29

Once the Virtual Adept was done though she seamed more aware, she coughed then looked around again. "I...heard...Adley cry out...are we under attack?
Cita looked at Adley after a few moments then she asked.
"Are you alright?"

"Do not worry about me," he said to them. He placed a hand on Beatrice's head and brushed it over her brow. Aggrieved that she had heard him, he was still somehow glad that she'd been able to put a full sentence together. "Thank you Cita." He felt scraped out from the inside, voice flat but the screaming had stopped. At least in the room, he could still hear them echoing inside of his mind. He looked at Amadeus and Colin and then reached down to help carry Beatrice to her room. "Master Steelhaven knows ars mentis, I believe but if he cannot help and no one here can, I will request a trusted mind healer be sent in the event she needs one."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 12.09.15 18:45

Colin nodded, "Best ask Master Steelhaven, then, in lieu of Chief Morgan's return. He ought to know... As for breakfast, I'm afraid my early hours are rather filled up tomorrow; I have to meet a new pair of esteemed guests at the airport. And before that, I have to prepare an apartment for them. I'm afraid I need at least a little beauty sleep, so perhaps lunch on Saturday would be more convenient for us both?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 18:53

Cita nods to Colins suggestion that they meet on Saturday instead.
"Yes that is a better idea Mr Wainwright."
The Spirit Healer said and gave you a tired smile.

You made it out of the room, there where still several magi outside who wondered what had happened, all of them looked rather concerned, none asked though, this was not the time. Amadeus begun to lead the way back to Beatrice's apartment.
"I am not so sure she would want her mind messed with...we will have to see how well she is able to deal with what have happened, what our society needs are those who specialize in helping willworkers with some of the shit that can happen to us that you just can not bring to a mundane therapist."
The Verbena said and sigh.
"What Beatrice have gone through is extreme though, she might need the help of magick to recover, as for helping with the pain, I am not so sure that will even work, this pain is not physical, it is not nerve endings sending signals to her brain, and even that only work so if you prescribe to the current scientific Paradigm, however this is pain from the soul, perhaps it is not even pain but it is just that is how our limited, physical understanding are able to interpret it, if you block out the interpretation...who is to say a more true expression might not be worse."
The old Verbena said as he lead the way through the corridors casing worried glanced at his apprentice every now and again.

Once the small group of mages got to Beatrice's room Amadeus looks at Cita.
"Thank you Master Telar...you should however go sleep yourself, you do not look well."
The Virtual Adept shrugged.
"Well I...but I should..."
Amadeus shook his head.
"No, you said it yourself you can not help Beatrice or anyone else anymore before you have rested and you are to valuable to wear yourself to the bone, both Beatrice and this Orphan we seam to have taken in...Tobias was it? That is two Avatars depending on your expertise, so you need to take care of yourself. Now you said that at the moment it is my apprentice's health that need tending to...well that Master Telar is my area of expertise."
The Verbena said and Cita sigh.
"Very well, but come and get me if...her situation worsen."
Amadeus nodded.
"I will do that Master Telar...good night and thank you again."

Cita looks at Adley and Colin.
"Remember do not let her use magick, and make sure she drink something...and both of you get some rest as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 12.09.15 19:12

"I am not so sure she would want her mind messed with... if you block out the interpretation...who is to say a more true expression might not be worse."

"That's true. Very well then."

Cita looks at Adley and Colin. "Remember do not let her use magick, and make sure she drink something...and both of you get some rest as well."

He nodded at Cita. As much as he knew he should sleep, he hadn't really slept the night before, he wasn't sure if he would even be able to. If he stopped now...but no, he had to be stronger than that. Turning to Amadeus, "Is there anything else I can do right now?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 12.09.15 19:13

Colin nodded to Amadeus, "When I first arrived here, I had some rather severe problems with post-traumatic stress disorder after, well, losing face in combat. I finally got help with it here - the trauma part of my crash was... excised. I still remember the pain of the incident, but that's all it is anymore - a memory of pain. I suspect the same help would be good for Beatrice, though as you said, she might not want to have her mind tampered with. I agree it would be more... cautious to begin with mundane help. In any case, it seems I could not have been helped by magic like that before the actual physical pain was taken care of, and I fear she'll have some unpleasant days, maybe weeks or months ahead of her first..."
He sighed as Cita veered off, "To sleep, perchance to dream... But first, I must clean an apartment."
He placed a light kiss on Beatrice's forehead, and headed for the door, "My work here is done, I believe, but the night is yet young... oh, that's right."
He turned and pulled up the little white case from his pocket, and set it opened on Beatrice's nightstand, so she'd see her pendant as soon as she woke up.
"There... And I think I'm going to have to try to recruit a rested driver tomorrow. Goodnight, everyone."
He then headed to 3-16 and started tidying and cleaning, settling for 'adequately clean' rather than 'spotless', in a vain hope of shambling back to bed before he had to get up...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 19:39

Adley:

He nodded at Cita. As much as he knew he should sleep, he hadn't really slept the night before, he wasn't sure if he would even be able to. If he stopped now...but no, he had to be stronger than that. Turning to Amadeus, "Is there anything else I can do right now?"

Amadeus shook his head.
"No...I do not think so. I will sit up with her and take care of her after I clean her up."
The old mage said, he looked at the Hermetic, his eyes holding more confusion than the contempt they had held before.
"I...thank you Mr Roth Hicks, for getting those documents and for...what you did for her down there...it is not easy for me to see past my own hatred...but perhaps that is exactly what caused this situation in the fist place...D'Angelo not being able to see past her own prejudice."
Amadeus said then he looked away, he was not able to say he was sorry for dislike Adley just based on his House for his hatred ran deep, but after a little while he muttered.
"If you want to stay near Beatrice tonight, you may sleep on the sofa, there are extra pillows and blankets in the closet in her bedroom."
That offer of letting the Hermetic stay near his wounded apprentice was about as close to acceptance a the old Verbena would come for now and he hurried into the apartment indicating Colin should follow him with Beatrice.

Colin nodded to Amadeus, "When I first arrived here, I had some rather severe problems with post-traumatic stress disorder after, well, losing face in combat. I finally got help with it here - the trauma part of my crash was... excised. I still remember the pain of the incident, but that's all it is anymore - a memory of pain. I suspect the same help would be good for Beatrice, though as you said, she might not want to have her mind tampered with. I agree it would be more... cautious to begin with mundane help. In any case, it seems I could not have been helped by magic like that before the actual physical pain was taken care of, and I fear she'll have some unpleasant days, maybe weeks or months ahead of her first..."

"Perhaps Mr Wainwright Beatrice will need such help before she can recover, but I will not take that choice for her."
The old mage said as he regarded Colin, looking at his scars for a moment.
"Fire can be cruel..."
He muttered as he took over carrying Beatrice when Colin had taken her into her apartment.
"And yes wounds can get caught in trauma, the Life patters freeze and no healing can happen before the trauma is dealt with. We will have to see right now I do not think I am able to think to far into the future, I just want to have her safely to bed and as comfortable a possible...and then...well will see, but yes chances are...it will take her a long time before she recovers from this...poor child."
Amadeus mutters then he looks at Colin.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, you kept her courage up, kept her fighting, I owe you for more than her life."
The old mage said before the Orphan left.

He placed a light kiss on Beatrice's forehead, and headed for the door, "My work here is done, I believe, but the night is yet young... oh, that's right."
He turned and pulled up the little white case from his pocket, and set it opened on Beatrice's nightstand, so she'd see her pendant as soon as she woke up.
"There... And I think I'm going to have to try to recruit a rested driver tomorrow. Goodnight, everyone."

"Goodnight Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said, he looked at Beatrice's pendant and smiles a little. Beatrice stirred a little when Colin kissed her forehead, she was not asleep but her eyes where closed, she said nothing though.
"Well you can always ask one of the younger magi if they will drive you."
The Verbena added before he carried his apprentice into her bathroom to clean her up.

He then headed to 3-16 and started tidying and cleaning, settling for 'adequately clean' rather than 'spotless', in a vain hope of shambling back to bed before he had to get up...

The apartment was bare bones furnished, it did not need much cleaning really, fresh sheets on the bed, a window open to air the place out and a good dusting was all that was needed to get it into shape. You make it back to your apartment and your bed and fall asleep rather quickly.

You wake the next morning when sun shines in through your window and your body take it as a signal to get moving even if your mind might want some more rest. Outside there is a cold, but fine morning, though the sounds of the mages of Steelhaven getting up and going about their morning seam a bit more muted today than usual, there is not so many who laugh, fewer who run in the hallways, what happened last night are still on everyone's minds and there was an uneasy mood in the Chantry that was almost tangible enough to touch.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 12.09.15 19:55

He turned and pulled up the little white case from his pocket, and set it opened on Beatrice's nightstand, so she'd see her pendant as soon as she woke up. "There... And I think I'm going to have to try to recruit a rested driver tomorrow. Goodnight, everyone."

"Colin." He nodded to him. He was grateful that he had been there and dealt with everything but he would tell him later.

"I...thank you Mr Roth Hicks, for getting those documents and for...what you did for her down there...it is not easy for me to see past my own hatred...but perhaps that is exactly what caused this situation in the fist place...D'Angelo not being able to see past her own prejudice."

"Do not thank me," he said, sounding pained. "I did not get there in time."  There had been only one acceptable outcome for such an unacceptable thing, and it had not transpired. He had failed her, by measure. "But as for the rest, yes. In part."

"If you want to stay near Beatrice tonight, you may sleep on the sofa, there are extra pillows and blankets in the closet in her bedroom." That offer of letting the Hermetic stay near his wounded apprentice was about as close to acceptance a the old Verbena would come for now and he hurried into the apartment indicating Colin should follow him with Beatrice.

'I will do that then. But I must put these documents away in a safe place first. They need to be returned as soon as I can get a copy of them and sent back safely." Then he walked back downstairs to put Mr Bachmeier's court documents into his mentor's safe in the Security Office.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 12.09.15 20:09

Colin slowly creaked up from his torpor, looked briefly in a mirror and decided to skip the morning run today. Going through the rest of the routine - strong tea, hearty breakfast, shower and a shave - he eventually got dressed and strolled over to Freddy's apartment, knocking lightly on the door.

((OOC: Oh, yes, Willpower recovery... How much do I get from sleep? Caregiver, mind. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 20:17

Adley:

"Do not thank me," he said, sounding pained. "I did not get there in time." There had been only one acceptable outcome for such an unacceptable thing, and it had not transpired. He had failed her, by measure. "But as for the rest, yes. In part."

"I assume you have never seen anyone who have been..."
Amadeus said but he did not say certain words that one had to be careful with around Beatrice for now.
"If you had not gotten the documents this would have been far worse, she will survive, her Gift will survive, this have been...horrible, and perhaps she will always carry scars of it but she and her future incarnations was saved something far worse."
Amadeus said then he nodded.
"Hatred is a hard thing to let go of."
He muttered but said nothing more about it.

'I will do that then. But I must put these documents away in a safe place first. They need to be returned as soon as I can get a copy of them and sent back safely." Then he walked back downstairs to put Mr Bachmeier's court documents into his mentor's safe in the Security Office.

Jeffry had long ago trusted you with the combination to his office safe and you get the documents placed inside. There is a hush over the Chantry that is most unusual, even if it was late out into the night there was usually someone walking around, someone talking, but now there was silence, none felt like talking after what had happened, non felt like staying up studying or going to the kitchen for a nighttime snack...and so Steelhaven lay in silence.

Colin:

Colin slowly creaked up from his torpor, looked briefly in a mirror and decided to skip the morning run today. Going through the rest of the routine - strong tea, hearty breakfast, shower and a shave - he eventually got dressed and strolled over to Freddy's apartment, knocking lightly on the door.

Freddy opened the door to her apartment, she wore a small, black dress and bright, neon green tights this day, she had not gotten any make up on yet though and stood there with a blue toothbrush in her hand when you came calling.
"Oh Colin good morning...what can I do for you?"
The Virtual Adept said and sounded surprised, then she looked down.
"How is Beatrice?"
She muttered as if she was a bit hesitant to ask in case she would rip up in something by doing so.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 12.09.15 20:32

Colin perked up a bit at the sight. "Good morning, Freddy. I'm on my way to the shop, and wondered if I could borrow your revolver again, to work on the grip. And Beatrice is... fine, under the circumstances. As I understand it, she'll just need to relax - completely - for a while, but she should make a full recovery."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 12.09.15 20:35

"I assume you have never seen anyone who have been..." Amadeus said but he did not say certain words that one had to be careful with around Beatrice for now. "If you had not gotten the documents this would have been far worse, she will survive, her Gift will survive, this have been...horrible, and perhaps she will always carry scars of it but she and her future incarnations was saved something far worse."

'It should never have happened, excuse me," he said and walked off quickly.

It was something of a relief that there was no one else around. He couldn't imagine what he might say to any of them. Once the folder was stowed away, he paused wondering if his mentor had gotten back yet. With Cita so busy he may have had to wait for a ship. Then he went to his room and changed out of his ruined clothing, scrubbed his face and teeth and put on his gym clothing. For a moment he leaned against the door, looking around his room as if it belonged to some stranger. He closed his eyes and gathered himself back together from what was left. Because it wasn't over. And it wouldn't be. This was how it was now. This was war. Guilt, sorrow and shame were not going to make him useful in what would come next. He would have to make himself worthy, if he did not think he was now.

He thanked his avatar for saving him from madness and for its sacrifice for Beatrice and for keeping him going. Then he performed the banishing ritual as best as he was able, knowing that there was a headache on the horizon and that if he did not take care of the resonance he would be in even worse shape and useless later. Then he went to Beatrice's room to keep watch, settling in front of the sofa and attempting to put himself into the meditative sleep cycle he had used the night before.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 21:10

Colin:

Colin perked up a bit at the sight. "Good morning, Freddy. I'm on my way to the shop, and wondered if I could borrow your revolver again, to work on the grip. And Beatrice is... fine, under the circumstances. As I understand it, she'll just need to relax - completely - for a while, but she should make a full recovery."

"Ah...yes of course I will get it."
Freddy said and hurried into her apartment, she returned with her weapon in a simple case, she checked it one last time to make sure it was not loaded before she handed it and the case to Colin.
"I am relieved to hear that...the ritual was not finished...I hope she will get well."
The Virtual Adept said and looked down.
"Perhaps I should get her some flowers or something...I do not know...what sort of gift do one give someone when they where nearly...well that?"

Then he went to Beatrice's room to keep watch, settling in front of the sofa and attempting to put himself into the meditative sleep cycle he had used the night before.

When you return to Beatrice's room you see that Amadeus have gotten his apprentice changed out of her soiled clothes and into a simple gray night gown and now was busy adjusting the covers to try to make her comfortable then he settled down in a chair next to the bed to watch over her, the old Verbena did not speak to you, but at least he let you stay.

A little while into your meditation the headache came, there had just been to much stress, grief, doubt, pain and well having an apprentice degree forced into your head in the matter of seconds, your head did really feel like it was going to split in two. As silence settled around you fatigue begun to sink in, at first you where to much in a do or die modus to sleep but as you eventually relax into meditation it is becoming harder and harder to stay awake.

(OOC: If you wish to stay meditating and not sleep you can do so by spending a point of willpower if not Adley will fall asleep until morning.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 12.09.15 21:18

Colin tucked the case under his arm and pondered for a moment, "Well, I'm not certain there's anything resembling a standard gift for this kind of thing - but from my own experiences, one of the things I would have most liked when I was recovering was simply someone to give me a hug and tell me how glad they were I was alive and getting better."
He stroked his chin, "By the way, I'm going to pick someone up at the airport today - would you like to join me there for lunch? I've slept rather poorly and could do with a rested driver..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 12.09.15 21:19

// sleep!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 12.09.15 21:46

Adley:

You wake up the next morning, sunlight shine in through the kitchen window illuminating it and the living room. Someone had thrown a blanket over you during the night but you till sat against the sofa on the floor. Sleep had done you well and your headache was a bit more tolerable...but far from gone, you still awoke fairly early though, it was what your body was used to. You see Amadeus sit beside Beatrice in the bedroom, the old man was sipping a cup of coffee and seamed to have been sitting there all night other than occasional expeditions into the kitchen for more caffeine.
"You are awake I see Mr Roth Hicks."
Amadeus whispered when he hear you moving around.
"There are coffee in the pot on the stove if you want any, I do not like the kind you make with filters and machines, if the stuff is not bitter enough to nearly melt the spoon, it is not coffee."

Colin:

Colin tucked the case under his arm and pondered for a moment, "Well, I'm not certain there's anything resembling a standard gift for this kind of thing - but from my own experiences, one of the things I would have most liked when I was recovering was simply someone to give me a hug and tell me how glad they were I was alive and getting better."

Freddy nodded she got a sad expression on her face.
"Yeah...poor Beatrice, I will go and see if she is well enough to see visitors later today."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.
"I do not know her that well, but she is a member of this Chantry, after all and what happened to her is wrong, no matter what she is."

He stroked his chin, "By the way, I'm going to pick someone up at the airport today - would you like to join me there for lunch? I've slept rather poorly and could do with a rested driver..."

"My my Colin are you asking me to join you for a meal?"
Freddy said and grinned then she nodded.
"I will be delighted to and if playing taxi driver is a price of an invitation well, I might as well get used to that for when I become and Adept of Correspondence."
The Techomancer said and made a joke on the fact that many Virtual Adepts complained that other magi treated them as taxis or as the group designated teleporter.
"What time? And do you want to meet at the airport or should I drive you there?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next