Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts for Tane:

5 posters

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Posts for Tane: - Page 29 Empty Re: Posts for Tane:

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 am

Tane:

"Well yes I could use some help then again you look rather tired Tane no reason we both should tire ourselves out. What if you check in on Tobias to make sure he is alright and then go and get some sleep yourself."
Cita said and gave you a slight smile.

(OOC: I am not sure I understand, who should be running where?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:59 am

"Yes you have a gift Mr Karyak. For me to see an Avatar I have to work rather complex magick, not to mention have it manifest, I have never seen anyone do that as effortlessly as you."
Cita said and nodded.
"Thank you I appreciate your help, just go in and check on the boy, do not wake him if you do not have to, just make sure his Avatar is doing well."
She said and smiled.
"Very well I have checked on Beatrice, and our new patient, the Etherite you saved, are not ill enough that he needs constant care so we can let him sleep."
The spirit healer said and nodded.
"I am not forgetting and it might be useful to you to see an Avatar damaged by vampire blood so you can learn how to treat that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:58 am

You entered the guestroom there where no personal things on the walls as this was just a spare room the young, unfortunate Orphan had been given, there where a book, a novel on the living room table and a mug that had contained coffee on the kitchen counter other than that the apartment just had the old furniture it was fitted with, a worn, brown cloth sofa and two chairs set around a brown oak table, the regular kitchen appliances and in the bedroom a bed with nice, clean sheets and a wardrobe. On the bed Tobias lay sleeping, the boy looked weak and frail, he was so pale his skin was translucent and his breath was short and uneven but he was sleeping, one hand grasping the covers tightly as if for comfort.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:55 am

Tane you begin to chat to the sleeping boy's Avatar, and slowly it came walking out of him, or more let you see it, the soul was beautiful, it appeared as a doe, a female deer, young and playful but she was ill and weak, her head hung, and she had trouble staying on her feet, her eyes was dull and feverish. Her coat was a pretty brown though and while this was not a very powerful Avatar, it was natural, clean and honest.
"Greetings singer..."
The doe spoke in a soft, clear but tired voice.
"Why have you called me?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:49 am

The Avatar looked at you as she shifted her weight from one hoof to the other.
"My host suffers for I am ill, the foul thing he have been drinking that we both now crave, it burns, there there should be change and growth there is bitter stillness."
The doe said in a tired voice. You notice one strange thing though, with how ill she was, and she did look like she could collapse at any moment, her host should be writhing in pain, and while Tobias looked sick and weak and whimpered now and then, his condition seamed allot better than it should considering how weak his soul was.
"I do not know if you can help me cure this poison, we are linked in a horrible way the creature that caused this and our kind, their blood burns like fire ravaging a forest but in it's wake no new plants grow for the fire is ice and steel."
She said sadly.
"I am to weak, all I can do is protect the boy, can you help him singer?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:04 am

Tane:

The doe shook her head.
"I can not withdraw from him, we are one for as long as he lives but I fight to keep my pain from him, the forest sing around me, soothe me, give me the strength I otherwise would not have, allow me to give the boy some peace, it is all I can do for him."
She said then she shook her head again.
"No singer loosing me in any way when we have first become one, would destroy my host as it would destroy you if your god left you, and it is to late I am as poisoned as he is now abandoning my house would not save my existence and just buy him suffering."
She said refusing your offer.
"I am addicted to this poison, even if I survive this will not change, and when the boy dies and go on to the higher realms, I will take this nagging longing to my next host, a horrid corruption from beings that should be like us, but are not, are wrong."
The little Avatar said.
"I see though his eyes mortal, but I am spirit, your terms mean little to me, I am this, I am the forest an I am a part of this child and until he is no more that is all I am, I am grater but now I am him so I can learn, discuss such things with your healers, the concepts of the material world is not mine. I am stagnating where I should grow and change, and darkness lurks where sunlight should shine down from the foliage."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 pm

"a horrid corruption from beings that should be like us, but are not, are wrong." he quoted What does that mean? he asked, seeing there something he didn't actually knew.

"Their blood burns like ice and destruction, forever being dead but frozen like a perfect crystal of time, their blood burn in me, twisting me, hurting me...hurting him, it is not as it should be, but it is."
The doe said, often it was hard to understand spirits, their minds where not like those of physical men, they saw the world in a different light and their words where often riddles.

Well, let me explain, then. This blood, it's energy flows through you as water throug a creek. I was thinking that this water is energy and it has been tainted. Maybe if we filter it we can take out the contamination as water cleans itself while going through the earth, leaving impurities in the soil, behind it. Do you think it could work?

"The poison can be washed away, but even if the poisonous taint leave me, there is still damage and desires and pain than will not heal, if you remove a dagger from your heart that is only the first step in healing, but it could help, removing the poison the terrible and wonderful poison it can help."
The Avatar said.
"When a fresh river flow into a stagnant pond, the water will stop being rancid and will become safe to drink, it will nourish life anew."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:04 am

Yes, exactly. Once without the poison, you will feed and recover, and will grow strong again. Then it will be only a matter of time for the addiction to wear off. He said, knowing that even that, time for an avatar is all but alike for the men.

"The need and longing for that foul water will not end, but with it gone, it will not seep into the ground of the forest and poison the trees."
The small Avatar agreed as she regarded you with her large brown eyes.

Can i invite the other doctor in so that we can help you recover?

"The woman who works with machines, yes she have shown she want to help."
She agreed still regarding you.
"Whatever it takes to help the boy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:01 pm

We have a new IC thread here. Oh and Tane gets 2 exp for last thread.

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t101-battle-death-and-a-pine-cone
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:31 am

Tane:

Simple suggestion should be able to make it impossible for him to take more, eventually it would fade out. Tane reassured the doe.

The small Avatar nodded though she said nothing, she just looked at you for a while.

Thank you. he said and went out to meet Cita. COme here, i think we have a solution

The doe slowly faded from view as she retreated back into the soul of her young host.

Cita was not waiting just outside as she assumed you could handle checking on Tobias on your own, you do have her phone number though and her room is just next door and she might be there.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Tane knocked at her door
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:19 am

Tane:

You knock on Cita's door, after a few moments the spirit healer opens her door and give you a smile though she did look a bit concerned.
"Mr Karyak, is all well with Tobias? Can I help you with something?"
She asked.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:45 am

Well, i think we can clean him. he said, shrugging. We discussed some kind of dyalisis with his avatar: she seems to agree with the idea, though she fears she'll feel the need for blood. Maybe afterwards some suggestion so that Tobias can't drink any more blood and a long term treatment to supress the need can help, maybe something like a resonance cleaning... Well, that'd be after we deal with this,
but i belive the dyalisis option is able to stop their deterioration.

"I see, hum...that could work, and I got a email from a fellow Adept with a method your Cabalmate Colin Wainwright had taught him and asked him to get to me that might...work for that...I agree that might stop the deterioration if the soul is able to take the strain of the dialysis itself."
Cara said and nodded.
"Yes one one of us have tasted vampire blood...there will always be that desire there, I am working on securing the boy a place at Horizon once he is well enough to be moved, there he should not encounter any temptation, I am not sure manipulating him mentally or spiritually to prevent him form subcomming to his desires will be effective though, keeling him away from vampires though that might just do it. I am trying to get him a good teacher, one that can lead him right."

Also, you should know the avaar is holding the effects on tobias. She's recibing more and harsher punishment from the poison because she's shielding the boy. looks like he's going to be important somehow for her to want to protect him so badly.

"I suspected as much."
Cita said and frowned.
"It do not change the fact that the boy's Avatar is still a bit of a mystery though, it should not be able to do what it is doing, we are talking about a small Dynamic soul, one I would not have expected to Awaken without considerably guidance and yet it not only do that, but it acts on it's own in ways you hardly ever see outside of powerful Primordial Avatars...not to mention that with as much damage it have taken it should have shattered long ago...not that I am not glad it have not...no that boy and his soul is a mystery..."
The spirit healer said then she sigh.
"Well there will be time enough to worry about that mystery after we save them Mr Karyak, if you would be so kind as to assist me, the sooner we try this the better."

(OOC: And if there is any question about it, we are using the Blood Treachery version of what happens to a ghouled mage, the new Black Hand book have a far kinder set of rules and the upcoming Book of Secrets have a set of rules as well that while harsh do not kill Avatars, but I have always preferred the Blood Treachery rules, they give a good reason for mages to stay far away from vampires.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:48 am

Ah, yeah, horizon could be an option... but mostly if we can find a teacher and maybe if there really is nothing of vampires there. Let's hope he doesn't come across them. Tane thought out loud. In any case, spiritual and mental therapy should be in order. he assured, althoguh it was harder than it seemed.

"The boy will need a teacher and I think I might be able to get him one. I know a kindly old Hermetic that might be a good fit for Tobias."
Cita said then she smiled a little.
"There are no vampires on Horizon Mr Karyak and let me assure you that if anyone dared to bring such a creature to the stronghold of the Traditions there would be steep penalties so the boy would be safe there for now, he would have to learn to deal with his addiction eventually but for now he needs rest."
She said before adding.
"He will need mental and spiritual therapy that is true, unfortunately though not many among us are healers in such a way, not healers of the mind where there are no magick involved, only patience and compassion."

Also, we could take our time and do it slowly, more naturally. We used the metaphore of a creek running through a forest, where the poisoned water would flow through the soil and it would absorb the poisonous water with time, leaving the new clean water to move on. Maybe we need to make the quintessence flow until depleted while using it, and then just give it back a little, through filters so that it cleans itself naturally. Fast forward the time. Then the doe would be less strained and the solution would be the same. he said with a smile.

"Perhaps, but such and approach would require enormous amounts of Quintessence that we just do not have, it is after all a rather limited resource Mr Karyak...one of your Cabalmates have thought up a method to get rid of unwanted energies and it might work and will not require allot of resources but it might be a rough treatment and I am concerned for the little Avatar's ability to withstand it, we might not have much of a choice though."
Cita said and frowned.

Having all that info, i would say it's not a little dynamic avatar, but a shard of a brutally strong avatar. I would be inclined to say that shards would be harder than regular avatars at least in the incarnation they've been shattered. Which would mean that maybe he was implanted or born with that shard. Maybe on purpose. he said, and then shaked his head, curiosity kicking out of his head.

"Hum...I have heard of such things...impossibly strong Avatars that once was shattered, each piece strong enough to form a new personality and reincarnating into new hosts...that might possibly explain it but it would also put the boy in considerable danger, those other shards will have hosts as well and some of them might potentially wish to...complete their soul..."
The spirit healer muttered frowning again.

It's true, it makes no difference to us, in the worst case it's curious and that's it. The little doe has given me her concent to bring you, so if you want to try, we can do it just now.

"Yes for now we need to focus on saving that Avatar's life, everything else is a lesser concern."
Cita said and nodded in agreement.
"I will just get my computer and I am ready to give it a try."
She said and went to her living room table, picked up her laptop and put it in it's bag.
"Is there anything you need before we try this Tane?"
She asked you.

(OOC: It vary from edition to edition. Originally a mage ghoul was just like any other ghoul, you got the benefits and no particular drawbacks, though since you would become the slave of the vampire you drank from, if you remained blood bound then you would no longer go on Seekings, Avatars do not deal well with their hosts being enslaved against their will and tend to go on strikes, but the Avatars themselves where not harmed, it was just the mage would not continue to develop. The came Blood Treachery which have the rules I use. A ghouled mage do get all the benefits of being a ghoul, and in addition can use the vitae in their system as extra Quintessence but their Avatars get addicted to vampire blood from the first time and this continue through the incarnations, and in addition once a mage become a ghoul you take their Avatar rating and add that to their Arete, that is how many years they can stay a ghoul safely, once they have been a ghoul longer than that they start loosing points in Avatar once a year until it is gone, ghouldom is slow Gilgul for a mage. Then you have the new version found in the new Black Hand book where you do get all the benefits of being a ghoul and we are back to the original version where your Avatar is fine but you do not continue to develop Arete, in addition all Paradox backlashes manifests as Vampiric weaknesses, so you will get a problem with sunlight, you will grow fangs and you do not go in Quiet you go into a Frenzy, you will begin to desire blood and so on, as you get more and more Paradox you get more and more vampirelike. Now there will be a new version of ghoul mages in Book of Secrets. I have not read all of it yet though as I did not want to spoil the book for myself for when it is out. In this game we are still using the Blood Treachery rules though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:41 am

Tane:

Tane sighed loudly Life's too short, but that's another thing for my tasks list.

"Well you are a mage Mr Karyak, most Traditions have ways to stop aging, though I hear the Dreamspeaers are not fond of doing so."
Cita said and nodded.
"But yes we need more healers of the mind."

Tane nodded thoguhtfully I know, but not even her proyection can stand long. I fear she's going to suffer much.

"The treatment will not be painless for the young Avatar or for her host that is true, but it can also save them, and we just do not have the resources to try it your way, it is not about an unwillingness to do so, I would have to do the calculations but I doubt this Chantry have that amount of Tass even if they where they drain their reserves dry."
Cita said looking concerned.

It could be a problem. We would need to interview her about that after we heal them. Fortunatelly, the other shards wouldn't be willing to absorb her now given that they could get addicted to, so we have got time.

"If she is willing to talk about where she came from that is, most Avatars are hardly very talkative, especially with strangers."
The spirit healer said she sigh.
"Yes...it may be the other shards will not want the boy's soul back which might offer some protection, let us also hope that if his Avatar is part of a greater whole then the rest of it belong to Traditionalists, for if so they will be bound by the law not to try to harm him once he have been apprenticed by one of us."

Just stop frowning. You're much cuter when you look determined, and our patients will need a comforting smile. he said amusingly with a smile Now let's save a life.

"Well being cute is not my goal you know but yes, our young patient will need us to seam confident."
Cita said and nodded in agreement to your last statement as she headed to Tobias' room and carefully knocked on the door before entering.
"We will need the boy's consent to do this as well as there will be some...discomfort and some risk.""
She instructed to you as she walked towards the bedroom to wake up Tobias.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:57 am

Tane:

As a spirit that is something i would be able to do. I would not like to be more than the man i am. Expanding one life's goes against the equilibrium. he said, and he knew he might have to change this idea if the world really needed him, but for now he focused on not dying by more violent means.

Cita nodded at that.
"I understand that stance Mr Karyak, I have expanded my own life, or rather strengthened to matrices of my life patterns and data to slow my own aging that will eventually expand my life as it keeps me young, for me as long as my Avatar is not nagging me to leave, I can stay as long as I want to...or as long as I am needed."
The Virtual Adept said with a bit of a smile.

Yes, i understand. Let's try to ease it as much as we can, though. We can't have all our efforts fade. he said, urging her for caution.

Cita nodded as she walked to her door.
"Agreed but I am not so sure we can do this half way, trying to drain the poison out of him through dialysis like you suggjest would be milder but we do not have the resources, the rote I have just learned will do the same thing but far more rougher and I am not sure I can make that easier on the boy."
The spirit healer said and frowned.

I see, just like regular medicine: you can intervene only if it's risky not to and the other can't give consent. he understood.

"Well I am not a physician I am not bound my an oath to not do harm, and at times my treatments do cause harm, and at times they fail, but I do not touch the Avatar of another without their consent, and I do not try any risky procedures without their consent either...a few times I have been asked to be the one to perform a Branding, but then only when the one sentenced to such a punishment personally asks me to be the one to do it since I...usually do a quicker and better job of it, cutting down on the time it takes to heal and the pain the victim is feeling, a physician would not do that, I will however if one of these treatments make me a Soulrender one one these days, it will be with the full consent of the patient for my attempt, even if failed, to help them."
Cita said before she went to Tobias' room to wake him.
"Wait here a moment please Tane."
She said as she went to talk with the young Orphan boy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Tane:

Well, yes, if someone would need you...

Cita gave a bit of a smile at that and nodded.

There are many procedures that cause harm. Oncological patients are burnt from the veins and up thanks to the quimio, for example...
But yeah, , i understand. Even without oaths, ethics is ethics.

"Yes true enough, but even so, such medical procedures are done to willing patients so we are going to have to get the boy's consent to work on him."
The spirit healer said.
"I will go and wake him up and we can talk with him."
She said as she headed for Tobias' room, soon afterwards she came back, supporting the young Orphan, the boy looked rather pale and weak but he could walk with aid. Cita helped Tobias down onto the sofa and wrapped a blanket around him.
"We have something to discuss with you Tobias...a way to treat you which might save you...save your voices..."
The Virtual Adept said and Tobias glanced from one to the other of you.
"Really? How?"
He muttered.
"I do want to save the voices..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:57 pm

Tobias looked up at you he looked rather concerned when you mentioned cancer treatment.
"I...I...well pain is fine if it saves to voices...but can it end up harming it as well?"
The boy asked nervously. Cita sigh and sit down on the sofa and put a small hand on the young Orphan's arm.
"There is risk to this procedure Tobias, what you call your voices are very weak, however if we do nothing, it will just keep getting weaker. I will stop the treatment if it looks like it harms your Avatar...your voices, however I will not lie to you Tobias it might shatter it...I do however think the chances of that happening to be low though."
She said kindly.
"The treatment is your choice though, neither I nor Mr Karyak here will force you to do anything. I do think this might save you and the voices but yes it will be discomfort and there is risk."
She added and Tobias shivered.
"Ehm...will it hurt the voices? The treatment I mean?"
Cita shook her head.
"It is more likely to cause you pain, than her, you feel pain when your Avatar suffers damage or Paradox or it is overwhelmed since it sit right in the center of all you are and your physical mind have no other way to translate what it is feeling but pain, but the Avatar itself do not feel it the same way I think...and I also think she would want for you both to get well."
Tobias nodded again.
"What...what if something go wrong...will I die?"
Cita looked sadly at the boy.
"Eventually..."
She begun, not sure if she wanted to give the young Orphan all the details.
"I guess you do deserve the whole truth...if you loose the voice you will never be ability to work magick again, not only will you loose a part of your soul, your higher self but when you have looked out the window, no, when you have stepped out into the real world, beyond the cloud of sleep and seen all the colors, to go back to sleep, to again see nothing but a dark chamber with no windows that is not easy, most who...suffer such a loss...do not make it, they sink deep into a depression and waste away...when such a thing happen...death is usually the kindest thing that can be done for the former mage."
She said softly.
"But like I said I do not think the treatment will result in that and if we do nothing..."
The spirit healer stopped talking but Tobias sigh.
"Then the voices will die either way..."
He muttered and she nodded.

Tobias hesitated for a while then he looked over at you for a moment and back to Cita.
"O...ok...ma'am it is better to try even if it is risky than to just give up and let the voices say sick."
He muttered.
"But I...if it go wrong I..."
The boy looked down.
"I do not want to live to just waste away I do not want to live without the voices..."
He whispered and Cita took his hand gently.
"I will see to it Tobias...you have my word..."
She said though you could see in her eyes that if things went wrong then euthanizing the young mage was the last thing she wanted to do.
"But I think things will go well...try not to be worried, your voices are tough kid, she will pull though."
She offered in an encouraging tone of voice as she got up and helped Tobias down on the sofa.
"It is better if you lay down Tobias."
She said then she looked at you.
"Tane I need you to do two things to assist me. One is to keep Tobias still, if he start to...trash about make sure he do not hurt himself and give him something to bite down on, try to keep him calm, hopefully this will not be that bad...but just in case be ready. The second is to keep an eye on the doe, I need you to keep me updated on her condition, let me know if she appear to be weakening, I can see her, not like you do but I can scan her but it is easier if I can focus on draining the poisoned Quintessence from her and her host...it is important that you keep me updated though for if she starts to shatter I need to stop my program immediately."
The spirit healer said as she sat down on the carpet and opened the laptop.
"Tobias you just try to relax ok...do not worry about anything, try to stay still but if you need to express discomfort...do so there is no need to waste your strength with trying to stay brave, only focus on the voices and let me know if anything feels wrong...ok?"
She asked then she pressed a few keys on her keyboard.
"Are you sure you want to do this Tobias?"
She asked and the boy nodded, then she got a concentrated look in her eyes, as if all worry washed away and there was just pure focus left.
"Very well then gentlemen, ready?"
She asked. Again Tobias nodded then he gave you a nervous look and a weak smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:31 am

Tane:

Tane watched and nodded. That was all they could offer, sadly. Tane Sat in seiza by Tobias bed and handed him a leather belt he had. Bite on this, if it gets tough. Yelling and cursing helps with pain.

"O...ok..."
The boy muttered he looked rather scared, but he put a piece of the belt in his mouth and bit down on it, he closed his eyes and shivered a bit.

He said and then took him by the wrists, firmly but without hurting him. His other arm around his legs so he couldn't kick. Better this than tying you up. YOu'd hurt yourself in vain.

Tobias nodded his consent. When you held him you could fully feel how frail he was now, he felt like a wounded bird in your grip. Cita looked up from her computer.
"Keep an eye on his Avatar for me if you can Mr Karyak, tell me if her condition worsen."
She instructed then she started typing, quickly, almost furiously on her keyboard, you could feel power flower from her, she might now look like a Master of the Art with her blue streaked hair and the face of a girl not yet in her mid twenties but she sure felt like it. Tobias started twisting slightly in your grip and moaning but he did not fight, at least not yet but it was clear that he was in some pain. Cita looked completely focused on what she was doing though and continued to type on her computer undisturbed by the young Orphan's groans.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 pm

The doe slowly appeared in the smoke, she was shivering and energies swirled about her, some of them was red, angry and dark, and yet they felt so alluring and powerful, this energy was pulled out of her as a ball of pure Prime started burning over the living room table, the ball sputtered red at times and there was suffering in that ball, suffering, death and an inhuman hunger. The doe shivered in pain as energy was pulled out of her, central energy the Quintessence that was her life blood, it was a harsh, brutal process and she screamed and as she did so did Tobias, he screamed around the belt in his mouth and twisted violently in your grip, tears of pain rolling down his eyes, he did not see the strange ball of energy over the living room table, or the doe, he was in to much pain to see anything. The little slender Avatar, though in pain, and scared was holding up well though, she seamed to be safe, for now.
"Your...song is beautiful and...to be able to bring them forth like that..."
Cita muttered but she allowed herself just one moment to look at the doe in awe before she turned her full focus back to her work.
"Hold him...hold him...and keep and eye on his soul...make sure she can take it!"
The spirit healer ordered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:05 pm

The small Avatar shuddered as the Quintessence, quite a bit of it tainted by the poison of the well meaning vampire who had adopted the young Orphan, she was clearly in pain and she was worried about the sounds coming from her host, the treatment hurt, and what hurt her...hurt her young host. The doe put her head on your knee, even a creature like her seeking comfort during a frightening, painful experience, though it was hard to know if her behavior was human in a way due to being incarnated into a host, or if the Avatar herself had such feelings.

Finally the last of the Quintessence was drained from the poisoned Avatar and the glowing ball of Primal flames flickered out of existence, it's fuel gone. The Doe lifted her head, she was weakened now, drained of all free Quintessence in her system, drained of every bit of the essence she was a part of, she was weak, but she was whole and alive, slowly she stood, her thin legs nearly buckling under her own weight and she laid down inside of Tobias soul, as if she was resting in the grass of a old forest, her perfect brown head bent down to the ground as she rested and begun the process of slowly refilling herself from the Quintessence pool, the little soul was weakened and still sick, but not poisoned any longer and given time she would recover.

Tobias had fainted in your grip and he had gone lip against the sofa, he was pale and bathed in sweat.
"Good...that is a good sign, often when...injury to the Avatar occurs the pain is so overwhelming the host can not faint and are left in a...state of inescapable suffering, that the boy is out is a good sign."
Cita said and pressed her keyboard a few more time and then she slowly breathed out and put the machine on the table.
"It is done..."
She whispered.
"The tainting Quintessence of the vampire blood is gone...now that little soul and her host need peace and time to recover but I think...I think they will be alright..."
She said and leaned back in her chair, sweat running down her face as well, and she was almost as pale as Tobias, that bit of magick had taken allot out of her.
"Ehm we...should get him to bed...and...ehm...yeah..."
She muttered and grabbed her head for a moment.
"Fuck...that was not easy..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:41 am

After Everything, go catch a nap. I'll take care of the boy. I'll bring him down to the node with Bae. They can comfort each other and surely she can fill again. He said to Cita,

"Very well, but bring extra blankets it can get cold down in the Node room, and inform Master Nassa first, he is rather protective of his student and might not react well to you bringing a stranger down to where she is kept...a Node would be the best place for Tobias right now though, and he should not be left alone for now, this have been traumatic for him, he will need care."
Cita instructed as she stood to check on the boy.
"His puls is a little weak but it is even. I think he will be fine but he will need rest and he might panic when he comes though."
She said in a tone of voice that said she was rather used to dealing with patients who had taken some damage to their souls, and what their reactions might be.
"He might be scarred or be in a dissociative state, that is not uncommon after injuries to the Avatar...make sure he is warm and that someone is there to calm him when he wakes up."
She instructed.

and then turned to teh figure of the Doe, tiredly eating the grass of a drained soul And you have done great. You'll heal soon, and we'll take you far away from any vampire so this can't happen again, alright? he asked with a smile We'll be seeing each other again in the future, though. I'd like to ask you some things and check up on you and see how you evolve.

The doe lifted her head to look at you with kind, trusting eyes then she nodded, she was to tired to form words, slowly she got to her shaking feet and walked back into her forest, back into her host's soul, turning around once she gave you a grateful look before she was gone, seeking refuge into Tobias' soul which was her home to recover. She did not seam to mind you reaching out to her again though, but right now she was just so tired and weak, her legs shaking and her head hanging down, but she would grow strong again. Tobias himself had allot of healing to do to though, it would not be an easy road for the two of them, but hopefully they would recover.
"You did well Mr Karyak."
Cita said and patted your should with a tired smile.
"Very well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Noted, and will do. Great work, that was awesome. he said patting rising and hugging her. YOu're awesome! He waited taking the time for them to recover from the strong impression of a delicate work well done. Ok then, go to sleep,

Cita patted your back.
"Well thank you...it was close but we managed to save that soul..."
She said and smiled a bit at the praise.
"I will go to bed. I will sit with Tobias until you have spoken with Master Nassa though I do not want to leave him alone."

i'll go down, talk to Master Nassa, bring Tobias and his bed down and go off tot he library to seek some books about laws and jurisprudence.

"Very well, do you need any help getting the boy down to the basement? Ah and if you could check on security around...his friend, I would not want the boy to seek him out when they are on the same floor, not that I think Tobias will be up and walking so soon but just in case."
The Spirit Healer asked as she a bit unsteady got up and walked to the kitchenette to get a glass of water.
"Shit...I have been close to loosing patients before but...damn that tiny little Avatar is a fighter."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 02, 2017 8:03 am

She is. She was draining the pain of the boy. She's stronger than she looks. HE said,noding at that..

"She is...she is a most remarkable little Avatar."
Cita agreed.
"The boy might go far with her even if he will not become the most powerful mage when it comes to raw power."

I can do it, don't you worry. I'll check up on the guy first and make sure his guards are properly in place and all protections in place, but Tobias doesn't know where he is exactly, right? Maybe if you want to restrain him in the same way you did with Bae it would be safer... he proposed.

"Good...I think it is two of them now, vampires I mean, I heard something about that, a man from Chicago who agreed to help us or something but as a result he will be hunted by his own kind so he is here under protective custody, it is the one this boy is bound to that is the biggest problem though, chances are he is still obsessed with him."
Cita said then she sigh.
"Yes make sure the vampires are properly under guard and no I do not think Tobias know where he is, but this place is not that big, he can be found."
She added then she shook her head.
"The restraints used on Beatrice is rare and expensive, she was wearing them for...the ritual and I left them on since if she use magick right now her Avatar might shatter, but the cuffs are causing her considerable discomfort and distress, the problem is that she panics and tried to use magick, just to convince herself that it is there and those cuffs keeps her safe from harming herself in such a way, but I am not so sure we have another set, and just chaining the boy's hand in front of him will not do that much really, he could still get up and wander of, if he have the strength, and for him trying to use his magick right now, while painful, will not harm him, my guess is it just will not work for a while, his soul need to recharge first but he will not harm himself by trying, restraining his magick just will not help, tying him down might though, but we are going to have to see how much of a problem that will be, for now he is out and sleeping peacefully at least...

After talking to Cita, Tane went dowstairs to the node, to the place where the vampire was being kept.

You get down to the basement room where Dennis was being kept, outside the door stood a young man, he could not be much older than seventeen, he had a notebook and pen in his hands and he looked rather tired, then again everyone did.
"Oh...you must be the new Dreamspeaker I have heard about."
The boy said when he saw you.
"I am Andrew Callahan apprentice to Antonio Riez of House Shaea."
He said with a friendly smile.
"What can I do for you? Did you want to see the prisoners, well not prisoners really they are here of their own free will but they are restrained...poor guys..."
Andrew asked as he gave you another smile and extended his hand to you in greeting.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 03, 2017 10:05 am

Tane:

I don't consider myself new any more. Maybe to the west... He said, pondering the meaning of that, more because his mind was slow with sleepless nights and the like than for a phylosofical meaning.

"I guess not Sir. I mean you are not even the newest member of the Chantry anymore. The Chief have gotten a new apprentice after all."
Andrew said and gave you a friendly smile.
"We are getting quite populous."

Name's Tane Karyak, nice to meet you, but haven't we been at the last hunt together? he said, refering to the last nephandi nest they cleaned. Tell Antonio that everything's gonna be alright. Tane took the boy's hand and shook it with might to honor him.

"Nice to meet you Mr Karyak."
The young mage said and offered his hand in greeting.
"I heard about that Sir, I think that was Arn, the apprentice of Master Haagen of the Solificati."
He explained.
"I doubt my teacher would let me go out hunting Nephandi quite yet."
He added then he got a serious look in his eyes.
"I...will tell him."
He said, the boy had clearly noticed how upset his Mentor was, through from the look in his eyes he had not been told what was going on with that, he did shake your hand firmly though.

No, on the contrary. I need to give specific directions to anyone guarding them: There's a boy, blonde, blue eyes, looks sick, in his mid twenties. The boy is adicted and a servant to one of the vampires, and we have cleaned his avatar of decaying influences, but he needs to be near the node and we can't allow him to seek his former drug or it would have been all in vain. So i need you to keep a especial attention on him, and to reinforce all locks and spells.

"I heard some rumors of that as well. I will keep a lookout for him Sir. I am not sure if I can enforce the wards and spells on the door, forgive me but I am just an apprentice. But Miss Day is in there with the vampires, trying to keep them distracted...I mean the way they are held...it is a wonder they are not dead...poor men."
Andrew said and there was compassion in his eyes.
"But I will keep a lookout and give the message to the next guard as well."
He said then he looked a little uneasy.
"Is it true then Mr Karyak, can one's Avatar really become sick...and die?"
He asked looking quite terrified at the concept.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next