Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 8 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:59 pm

Hannah sigh and looks down, shame on her face.
"Yeah that is what my mother do, she very seldom fight her own battles she trick, threaten and extort others to do it for her, I guess that is why she have gotten such a high standing within the Nephandi."
The Orphan said.
"You might be right such a page of the Bible might indeed hold a picture of my mother she is...difficult. I can not say that I do not love her for I do, she is my mother, but I to will celebrate when she is taken down, and unlike most of the Labyrinth, I hope my mother get taken alive, she is to dangerous to be allowed to reincarnate."
Hannah said with a hard look in her eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 8 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Colin sighed, "Ah, I'm frustrated... Keep in mind that who she is does not have to reflect on who you are; you have done nothing to be ashamed of as far as the official record goes, and I'm fine with keeping it that way."
He looked at his blood-stained cuffs and sleeves, "The dry cleaning bill is going to be hideous this month... Plus the jacket Diego shot a hole in... I might be better off renewing my wardrobe entirely. Ah, in any case, we should meet up with the Chief; come along, both of you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Colin sighed, "Ah, I'm frustrated... Keep in mind that who she is does not have to reflect on who you are; you have done nothing to be ashamed of as far as the official record goes, and I'm fine with keeping it that way."

"I know but she is my mother, it is hard not to feel some shame at her actions."
Hannah said then she sigh.
"But I do hope to live a life better than hers, though at times I wonder if she once thought that to, and that if she fell and became this monster..."
The young Orphan shook her head.
"Well that is a topic for another time."

He looked at his blood-stained cuffs and sleeves, "The dry cleaning bill is going to be hideous this month... Plus the jacket Diego shot a hole in... I might be better off renewing my wardrobe entirely. Ah, in any case, we should meet up with the Chief; come along, both of you."

"Well you could always try sending the bill to the labyrinth."
Hannah joked.
"I agree though, Chief Morgan is ridiculously powerful but he should not be left on his own out here not before we know for sure if any more of my mother's underlings are lurking about, we should go and meet up with him and we also have to take care of the Verbena on the ground there."
The Orphan said and pointed at the still unconscious mage laying in the grass.
"If he have been out this long it indicate that there might be something seriously wrong and he needs medical attention."

Colin you have seen the mage on the ground before, he is one of the Verbena that make up Beatrice's Cabal, you think he live at Chantry Riverside though you are not sure about his name.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Colin smirked, "If all goes well, by the time I get that bill, the Labyrinth will be destroyed. And I suspect you'd be rather annoyed if I sued your mother's estate for the dry cleaning - that would just be petty and tacky."
He looked at the unconscious Verbena, "Oh, bloody Hell, how long has he been out?"
He hoisted the man up in a fireman's grip, "I'll see about getting a physician, fast - you get to the rendezvous point; let Chief Morgan know that I will wait here until a meeting at two for the information we discussed - and that I'll try to get back to the real world for retrieval immediately after."
He handed Adley the Etherite's phone, "Adley, this is the traitor-in-residence's phone. Get it to Master Sharaya for analysis - it might divulge some further information on the hostage situations. See you later, I'll get this chap some help."
Then he made off down to the evac zone at a steady trot, as smooth as he could to avoid jostling the patient too much.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:30 pm

Colin smirked, "If all goes well, by the time I get that bill, the Labyrinth will be destroyed. And I suspect you'd be rather annoyed if I sued your mother's estate for the dry cleaning - that would just be petty and tacky."

Hannah gave a bit of a laugh.
"I am not sure how that estate business would work, I think explaining how my mother is a centuries old mage who was taken out in a war between other mages because she wanted to summon a evil God to destroy Boston and that the only other heir, my twin brother was turned into a flesh and spirit portal to hell that twists soul and look like a giant vagina, do that void his right to inheritance?"
The Orphan said with a a wry smile though it was doubtful she really found much humor in the situations.
"I have a feeling that would not fly with a sleeper solicitor...now I am sure the Traditions have some sort of system for inheritance between mages but I doubt it would work well between factions."
Hannah mutters then she added.
"And besides there is nothing of my mother's I would want anyway."

He looked at the unconscious Verbena, "Oh, bloody Hell, how long has he been out?"

"We found him like that when we got here."
Hannah informed Colin.
"He was out then, so for at least half an hour maybe more."

He hoisted the man up in a fireman's grip, "I'll see about getting a physician, fast - you get to the rendezvous point; let Chief Morgan know that I will wait here until a meeting at two for the information we discussed - and that I'll try to get back to the real world for retrieval immediately after."

"Very well, be careful Mr Wainwright."
Hannah said and nodded.
"So you are staying at the Umbra docks? I can tell Chief Morgan that but are you sure that is wise, to stay here alone I mean?"

Then he made off down to the evac zone at a steady trot, as smooth as he could to avoid jostling the patient too much.

You got back to the group that Dan Vogel was leading, the Void Engineer was talking with someone on a strange looking sort of radio that looked like something right out of Star Trek.
"Yes I have gotten it confirmed, the threat is ended for now...yes it is safe to bring everyone back..."
He said then he looked at you.
"Someone wounded Mr Steed? Our personnel and travelers are on their way back now, if you take this gentleman to the medical station I will send a doctor there as soon as she returns, which should be shortly, or if you are more comfortable with a healer form your own faction we have a Verbena delegation at the docks, diplomats from your Horizon headed for Cerberus, I am sure they could help this man."
The Umbral pilot said before he barked a few more orders to his men.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Colin nodded to Hannah, "I'm privy to knowledge about Chief Morgan inheriting something from an old Cabalmate's apprentice. It seems the system is Byzantine, but oddly logical."

Colin nodded to Dan, "While i have no personal preference, I'm sure this gent would prefer being healed by his own. Thank you. Er... it is my first visit here; where would I go to find that Verbena delegation? Or would that be at the medical station, as well?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Colin nodded to Hannah, "I'm privy to knowledge about Chief Morgan inheriting something from an old Cabalmate's apprentice. It seems the system is Byzantine, but oddly logical."

"Hum...I assumed there had to be some system in place, but that still begs the question how that system would work across factions."
Hannah commented.

Colin nodded to Dan, "While i have no personal preference, I'm sure this gent would prefer being healed by his own. Thank you. Er... it is my first visit here; where would I go to find that Verbena delegation? Or would that be at the medical station, as well?"

"I am sure he would if he is of that Tradition himself, Verbena and Progenitors hate one another like the plague, I mean we are all at war with one another but those two group really loathe one another."
Dan Vogel said.
"Yes take him to the medical station, the Verbena delegation have been evacuated but I will inform them of the wounded man and send them to the medical station as soon as they come back in through the portal."
The Void Engineer said helpfully.
"Do you know where the medical station is Mr Steed?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Colin chuckled, "I'm familiar with the phenomenon, Mr. Vogel. Not entirely unlike The Troubles in Belfast; both factions are too alike, and too bloody stubborn to think clearly about the other, to the point of dropping civility from civil war."
He nodded, "I've already been by there - needed some urgent medical supplies after clearing out the pustule. Didn't notice much in the way of, um, natural remedies, though. But thank you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:35 pm

"Where is she?" The Orphan muttered

He looked over at Colin and then the direction he was shouting, stepping down from the hatch to see if he could see her. He didn't want to go too far though and leave Hannah alone.

Colin paused for a moment, then lowered his gun, "No, couldn't hit at that range anyway... Guess she got away, if that was even her."
He looked over at the hatch, "Adley, Miss Larson, I take it that was Miss Summers that scarpered there? Er, she didn't harm you in the escape, did she? Oh, and the Chief is fine. A bit strained, but fine. Seems I managed to figure out just the thing we needed - a spell to waste vast quantities of quintessence in short order. We have a wounded captive, though... He'll meet us at the entrance where we came in."

"It probably was," he said, by contrast to Hannah. "I'm fine, just my...pride," he answered but looked obviously relieved at the fact that his pater was not harmed, at least at first. "You left him alone?" he frowned, then was about to ask about the prisoner but Hannah got to it first.

Colin walked over, "You're looking a little green, Adley... oh, she didn't... did she?" He glanced over in the direction June had vanished, "Ah, we ran into a little inconvenience. Turns out Miss Birmar was suffering conflicted loyalties. She pulled a gun on Chief Morgan. She never had the time to fire."

He gave Colin an embarrassed sort of glare, "Yes, she most certainly did."

Colin grimaced, a dark shadow crossing his features, "Only under duress... A loved one as hostage; the request of a small action or inaction in the right place and time, it's an ancient story. And, of course, since she failed and survived, she fears for the hostage, as well. If you'll pardon my bluntness, your mother is a bloody termagant. I'll wager if I opened an illustrated Bible on Exodus 22:18, it would have a picture of your mother."

"Again? Dammit..." He shook his head. "Speaking of that, June was able to pass on some information, some regarding the Chicago problem but I don't want to speak in the open about it."

"I agree though, Chief Morgan is ridiculously powerful but he should not be left on his own out here not before we know for sure if any more of my mother's underlings are lurking about, we should go and meet up with him and we also have to take care of the Verbena on the ground there." The Orphan said and pointed at the still unconscious mage laying in the grass. "If he have been out this long it indicate that there might be something seriously wrong and he needs medical attention."

"Yes, we should, especially if someone already tried for his life." Then he looked back at the Verbena and swore to himself. "Fuck, yes he's going to need help." He hoped the man was still alive.

He hoisted the man up in a fireman's grip, "I'll see about getting a physician, fast - you get to the rendezvous point; let Chief Morgan know that I will wait here until a meeting at two for the information we discussed - and that I'll try to get back to the real world for retrieval immediately after." He handed Adley the Etherite's phone, "Adley, this is the traitor-in-residence's phone. Get it to Master Sharaya for analysis - it might divulge some further information on the hostage situations. See you later, I'll get this chap some help."

"Information?" Then he took the phone and frowned. "Be careful Colin, I don't think it's a good idea to stay here by yourself though," he said agreeing with Hannah, watching as he hurried off with the Verbena. He gave his cabalmate a worried glance and then said to her, "Come...and be on the lookout for anyone around where we came in. While we wait I'll see if I can find a tracking rote on this thing," he said in regard to the phone.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Colin:

Colin chuckled, "I'm familiar with the phenomenon, Mr. Vogel. Not entirely unlike The Troubles in Belfast; both factions are too alike, and too bloody stubborn to think clearly about the other, to the point of dropping civility from civil war."

Dan Vogel nodded.
"They are alike in some areas yes and fundamentally different in others but generally they do the same thing by different means and hate one another for it."
The Void Engineer agreed.

He nodded, "I've already been by there - needed some urgent medical supplies after clearing out the pustule. Didn't notice much in the way of, um, natural remedies, though. But thank you."

"No let us hope the Verbena bring their own for our doctor is a Progenitor, we do not get that many wounded i her so we do not need a big medical staff, usually it is cuts and bruises that the workers get while doing repairs on the ships and every so often someone being ill after their first visit to the Void, it can be a bit disconcerting if you are not used to it after all."

Adley:

He looked over at Colin and then the direction he was shouting, stepping down from the hatch to see if he could see her. He didn't want to go too far though and leave Hannah alone.

You see June running quite a bit further down the plain the Verbena ship sit on, she runs until she think she have a good lead and then stops, then she takes one more step and vanishes, probably either into the Near Umbra or physical reality.

"Again? Dammit..." He shook his head. "Speaking of that, June was able to pass on some information, some regarding the Chicago problem but I don't want to speak in the open about it."

"So finding Chief Morgan then and this prisoner of his and then going back to Steelhaven to relay that information perhaps? It could be important."

"Yes, we should, especially if someone already tried for his life." Then he looked back at the Verbena and swore to himself. "Fuck, yes he's going to need help." He hoped the man was still alive.

The Verbena did seam to be alive when Colin lifted him but he was pretty pale and still completely out of it, he had a big bruise at the back of his head, June had hit him rather hard it seamed.

"Information?" Then he took the phone and frowned. "Be careful Colin, I don't think it's a good idea to stay here by yourself though," he said agreeing with Hannah, watching as he hurried off with the Verbena. He gave his cabalmate a worried glance and then said to her, "Come...and be on the lookout for anyone around where we came in. While we wait I'll see if I can find a tracking rote on this thing," he said in regard to the phone.

"I will keep my eyes open."
Hannah said as she begun to walk towards the main building and her eyes kept careful watch on the surroundings and the evacuees that was slowly flooding back into the realm.
"I worry about Mr Wainwright do you think he will be okey here by himself? I wish I could offer to stay but since my position at Steelhaven currently is somewhere between guest and prisoner I doubt the Chief will let me stay here when he leave for the Chantry."
The Orphan said.
"See if you can find any magick on the phone and I will make sure we get to the main building safely."
She said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Friday:
Magick is slow, indeed. Commented the mage, his senses wide open, trying to absorb all the spiritual talking he thought were songs on the tree's pattern.

Saturday:
It's not safer here, either, but the node must be protected. And alessa, i'd like you to stay here. We should keep the group together. They're more and i wouldn't like to see you hurted, or leave Coawa vulnerable. he said but then the werespider gave in Thank you. I know you have a life but now everyhing is a mess and it might be specially dangerous since they know you. Everything will be over soon.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Friday:

Magick is slow, indeed. Commented the mage, his senses wide open, trying to absorb all the spiritual talking he thought were songs on the tree's pattern.

"There is a balance in all things mage...your kind are more flexible than the ones I usually teach you can take the knowledge I can give and turn it into something else entirely, but the cost of that wisdom is time."
The old oak spirit said.

First there was nothing, then there was just the hint of a consciousness...not like a human might use the word, but and intelligence was there non the less, you get no meaning or words this time and probably would have to train for some time to get that...but you can feel that in some way the tree had a mind...a soul a being, and a being that was attuned and a part of everything around it.

Saturday:

It's not safer here, either, but the node must be protected.

"It is not safe anywhere."
Coawa muttered.
"But I do not trust these mages Tane, some of them are nice yes, but I fear they will try to rope you into their meaningless politics."

And alessa, i'd like you to stay here. We should keep the group together. They're more and i wouldn't like to see you hurted, or leave Coawa vulnerable. he said but then the werespider gave in Thank you. I know you have a life but now everyhing is a mess and it might be specially dangerous since they know you. Everything will be over soon.

Alessa sigh and nodded.
"Well I do owe to two of you, after all you did save my life and Flipper here is starting to grow on me."
The werespider said earning a bit of a growl from Coawa at the nickname, Alessa ignored him and continued.
"I will go and play for the room at my hotel and bring my stuff, there is no need to pay for a room I will not be using and I will stay here and help Coawa protect your...what did you call it? Well this place anyway until the current crisis is over, but then I go my own way, I have duties to my Queen to attend to."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Colin nodded briskly to Adley, "I'm not thrilled, either, but time is of the essence, and an hour and a half round trip including getting me out of and back into this place will be more than straining us. I'll be careful - Hell, I will border on paranoid until I'm back. Once I'm back in the real world, I will call Master Sharaya and request a ticket home."

Colin gave Dan an unusually enigmatic look, "I know, I still remember my first trip, a matter of weeks in the future. Yes, that does get confusing."
He gave a crisp salute, and carried the unconscious Verbena up to the medlab.

((OOC: Headed home after going out to celebrate my fiancee's birthday. Several people gave me some very weird looks as I was enjoying my ice cream dessert while waiting for the bus. Might have had something to do with my bare legs under my kilt, and the -11 Celsius temperature... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:10 am

You see June running quite a bit further down the plain the Verbena ship sit on, she runs until she think she have a good lead and then stops, then she takes one more step and vanishes, probably either into the Near Umbra or physical reality.

He scowled, and then went back to the others.

Colin nodded briskly to Adley, "I'm not thrilled, either, but time is of the essence, and an hour and a half round trip including getting me out of and back into this place will be more than straining us. I'll be careful - Hell, I will border on paranoid until I'm back. Once I'm back in the real world, I will call Master Sharaya and request a ticket home."

"I don't understand why you're staying - but no time to play catch up," he said, glancing at the Verbena. "Permission to grab something from your room if we need to locate you, or send someone or somebeing to watch over you? And...good luck, Colin."

"So finding Chief Morgan then and this prisoner of his and then going back to Steelhaven to relay that information perhaps? It could be important."

"Yes, according to Colin meet him at the entry where we came in."

"I worry about Mr Wainwright do you think he will be okey here by himself? I wish I could offer to stay but since my position at Steelhaven currently is somewhere between guest and prisoner I doubt the Chief will let me stay here when he leave for the Chantry."
The Orphan said. "See if you can find any magick on the phone and I will make sure we get to the main building safely."

"I hope so...he is a resourceful man. But I can't leave you alone and we need to get this intel back. Still, thank you for your concern for him." It didn't sound like he favored leaving his cabalmate alone for unknown reasons, just as he had not leaving his pater alone, but Colin had a point, time was still of the essence. Maybe they could get him some backup later. "I wonder if this thing is rigged to work in the umbra or this realm, if that's even possible for technomancers..." He shrugged and gave another look around as they walked. If Colin was paranoid, he looked like he was ready to be attacked at any second. When it appeared safe enough, either because they'd come to the meeting area or found a spot to check the phone without leaving them exposed while he worked, he gave the phone a search to see if it had anything that might need to be removed, especially tracking rotes, spirits bound to it or anything reeking of qlippothic resonances.

// P2 search again: 7,0

ooc 2 - lol! Yeah that would probably draw a few glances, eating ice cream in a kilt and that's what, 12F? Brrr.....xD Glad you both had a good time

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:00 am

Colin shrugged, "I have a line to the Union intel on the Chicago infestation. At two, I will see if it pays off. Plus, I need to get this chap some medical assistance, which will likely take some time. As a small bonus, I can further survey the Umbral port; learn the lay of the land and familiarize myself with the place, if there is time afterwards. It's not an ideal scenario, but beggars can't be choosers, and I remain armed. As for my apartment... Ask Freddy, she's got my spare key. The door isn't warded; I never figured out how, anyway, and it's not like I've had reason to distrust my neighbours. However, for something more effective..."
Colin fished out his little monocle case, and found the one engraved with the glyphs for Correspondence, "Here - one of my personal Foci, specifically attuned to the sphere of Correspondence; I expect it might be the best suited sympathetic link short of bodily fluids. And I will be wanting it back."

((OOC: Yeah, about 12F. Gotta get it before it gets too cold, y'know. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:12 am

Colin:

Colin gave Dan an unusually enigmatic look, "I know, I still remember my first trip, a matter of weeks in the future. Yes, that does get confusing."
He gave a crisp salute, and carried the unconscious Verbena up to the medlab.

"Time travel now...well I would say that is even more confusing than entering the Umbra."
The Void Engineer said and did not seam to think this to be something out of place.
"Then again I remember my frist trip on an Umbral ship with my mentor and the wonder of it, I can see how easy it is to get overwhelmed."

Dan Vogel gave you a polite nod as you left, then you carried the wounded Verbena up to the medical station, the nature mystic was getting weaker you see, his breathing getting more shallow, luckily you only have to wait about ten minutes before the door opens and a woman of middle years with long gray brown hair in a bun at the nape of her neck, wearing a yellow silk blouse, black skirt and a lab coat and with a pair of small, black framed glassed resting on her nose came into the medlab looking around.
"Hello...I was told there where a medical emergency when I got back after having been evacuated, are you the one with this emergency Sir?"
The Technocrat said as soon as she saw you, her dark blue eyes regarding you as if you where a particularly nasty rat in her pie, only that the rat was her sister's pet so she could not just kill it and it irritated her.
"So what is the problem?"
She asked.

Adley:

"Yes, according to Colin meet him at the entry where we came in."

"Ah yes off course...let us just hope he do not run into trouble before then."
The young Orphan said.

"I hope so...he is a resourceful man. But I can't leave you alone and we need to get this intel back. Still, thank you for your concern for him." It didn't sound like he favored leaving his cabalmate alone for unknown reasons, just as he had not leaving his pater alone, but Colin had a point, time was still of the essence. Maybe they could get him some backup later.

Hannah sigh and nodded.
"Very well."
Was all she said there was no use in arguing the matter and like both the men had said, time was of the essence."

"I wonder if this thing is rigged to work in the umbra or this realm, if that's even possible for technomancers..." He shrugged and gave another look around as they walked. If Colin was paranoid, he looked like he was ready to be attacked at any second. When it appeared safe enough, either because they'd come to the meeting area or found a spot to check the phone without leaving them exposed while he worked, he gave the phone a search to see if it had anything that might need to be removed, especially tracking rotes, spirits bound to it or anything reeking of qlippothic resonances.

"One of our Technomancers have rigged things up so we get TV signals and broad band computer connection in the Labyrinth so I am sure one could do the same with a phone, but I would have no idea how."
Hannah said and shook her head.

You get to the meeting area the problem is that now all the evacuees are milling back in, meaning that the entrance area is pretty crowded an any one of them could be working for Lisa Larson. Hannah keeps an eye out and walks until she find a spot away from the crowd where they could still be seen by Chief Morgan when he arrived.

There where nothing magickal about the phone what so ever, there where the slight Resonance on it that indicated it had been owned by and used by a mage, all your things and especially the ones you used much would have the same, a bit of your Resonance in it, other than that it was completely mundane.

As you stand there working on Lori's phone you see your mentor come towards you and the man quite honestly looks like shit, the tall dark haired man was as pale as his Egyptian heritage would allow, his eyes was bloodhot and he was uneven in his steps as he came walking with a red haired woman in his arms. A few people did give him quite a few looks though as he came walking with the wounded Lori, though there where still enough confusion that no one approached him about it. Jeffry Morgan looked dead tired, unweaving that Ball of Abysmal Flame had taken allot out of him.

(OOC: Adley Prime Scans everything.)

(OOC 2: Well now that do sound a bit chilly.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:22 am

Colin pointed to the Verbena, "I'm fine, but this chap has apparently been unconscious for..." He checked his watch, "well over 40 minutes, as far as I know. I'm certain he would prefer a Verbena to attend him, but I do not know if he will last until they get here. I presume you are a Progenitor, Doctor...?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:28 am

Friday:
Tane focused on that. Now that he had what he was looking, he focused on that and cut off the other entries in a way, the most obvious ones, anyway, because the basic one was inside that song, that was it.

Saturday:
They might try, yeah... But i'll be there not for the politics, but for the moment when that fails and we need strong people. he said, knowing that politics can's destroy nephandus.

You don't owe us. It was our duty to help those in need.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:12 am

Colin shrugged, "I have a line to the Union intel on the Chicago infestation. At two, I will see if it pays off. Plus, I need to get this chap some medical assistance, which will likely take some time. As a small bonus, I can further survey the Umbral port; learn the lay of the land and familiarize myself with the place, if there is time afterwards. It's not an ideal scenario, but beggars can't be choosers, and I remain armed. As for my apartment... Ask Freddy, she's got my spare key. The door isn't warded; I never figured out how, anyway, and it's not like I've had reason to distrust my neighbours. However, for something more effective..."

Adley was giving him a look that was plainly asking if he had lost his mind when he mentioned the Union. "And my pater agreed to this? Well, she told me there was some plan that was being made by their sister labyrinth in Chicago..." Perhaps it would give him some trading power...he didn't like talking about it but there wasn't time and the more he thought about this idea, the more he hated it.

Colin fished out his little monocle case, and found the one engraved with the glyphs for Correspondence, "Here - one of my personal Foci, specifically attuned to the sphere of Correspondence; I expect it might be the best suited sympathetic link short of bodily fluids. And I will be wanting it back."

His eyes widened a little and he shook his head.Then he wondered if Colin still had his dagger, speaking of tools...or if he'd returned it. Things were starting to blur, and that was not good. "Since you're not an Order member...well, you understand it's more an emergency backup, I don't want something bad to happen to you but taking your tools sounds extreme unless it's a spare. There's no time to argue though but I'd prefer to take something less necessary." He also hoped it would not be necessary at all, but paranoia was setting in at leaving him there to meet with the Technocracy of all things.

One of our Technomancers have rigged things up so we get TV signals and broad band computer connection in the Labyrinth so I am sure one could do the same with a phone, but I would have no idea how."

Trying to imagine Nephandi sitting on a couch in a fleshy labyrinth with the television playing something and staring into their iphones was not going to make his head hurt less. There was something absurd about it that made it somehow worse. It did answer the question though, to a point.

As you stand there working on Lori's phone you see your mentor come towards you and the man quite honestly looks like shit, the tall dark haired man was as pale as his Egyptian heritage would allow, his eyes was bloodhot and he was uneven in his steps as he came walking with a red haired woman in his arms. A few people did give him quite a few looks though as he came walking with the wounded Lori, though there where still enough confusion that no one approached him about it. Jeffry Morgan looked dead tired, unweaving that Ball of Abysmal Flame had taken allot out of him.

Adley was certainly glad to see him but the man looked ready to drop at any second as he lurched across the way towards them. "Here, let me help." He put the phone away and came to take the woman, to try to put her down somewhere safe-ish. He did not like how crowded it was becoming and hell, what was worse than a Technocrat but one that was actually a barabus or infiltrator for them. "The man at the ship did not come to...Colin went to seek assistance for him. I assume that he has gone to find help for this person as well? We need to get back as soon as we can." Especially since his pater needed rest, or at least somewhere to sit down and recover before he had to carry him out. "Colin said he was staying here..." His intonation made it clear that he didn't like that at all.

// Prime scan all the things! Can't say he's not learning...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:43 am

Tane:

Friday:

You feel the consciousness of the tree, you do not seam to get much further than that, not right now but you do think that with time and training you will be able to learn to listen to the trees' song and hear their voices.

Saturday:

Coawa sigh and nodded he patted his friend on the shoulder.
"Just please be careful my friend, and know that if you are in trouble, call for me and I will come."
He said, his eyes where still worried though.

Alessa glance at you then she says.
"Well i know no such duty so to me you did me a solid and I am returning the favor Tane."
She said.
"And many shapeshifters would have killed one of my kind on sight so I do appreciate being alive."

Adley:

Adley was certainly glad to see him but the man looked ready to drop at any second as he lurched across the way towards them. "Here, let me help." He put the phone away and came to take the woman, to try to put her down somewhere safe-ish. He did not like how crowded it was becoming and hell, what was worse than a Technocrat but one that was actually a barabus or infiltrator for them.

Jeffry gave you the unconscious woman and you did manage to find a place on the ground where you could put her down reasonably safe but being this close to a crowd where any one of them could be working for Larson was not safe.
"Thank you mea filius."
Jeffry said he gave the crowd a concerned look.
"We should get out of here."

"The man at the ship did not come to...Colin went to seek assistance for him. I assume that he has gone to find help for this person as well? We need to get back as soon as we can." Especially since his pater needed rest, or at least somewhere to sit down and recover before he had to carry him out.

"Very well, we can not have that Verbena dying on us, especially since he is one ours, he live over at Riverside and is a member of Amadeus' Coven."
Jeffry said then he glanced at Lori.
"She is coming with us, she needs more help than can be found here and while she did try to kill me...kill us all she did so under extreme duress I will ask Master Nassa to have a look at her, besides she might know something that is of use to us."
The old mage informed you.

"Colin said he was staying here..." His intonation made it clear that he didn't like that at all.

Jeffry blinked...twice then he shook his head.
"Why on earth is he staying here? Out of the question not alone, first of all this place is about half Technocrats and while this is neutral grounds one can never trust those bastards."
The Hermetic said and eyes a few of the evacuees with disdain.
"Secondly we know Larson have agents everywhere, as this unfortunate Etherite can attest to."
He said and indicated Lori.
"He is not staying alone."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:49 am

Colin:

The woman gave you a ice cold look when you said the patient was a Verbena.
"The worst part of my job here at the Umbral docks is treating Reality Deviant scum like him."
She muttered and did not even try to hide her dislike for the wounded Verbena but she did walk over to the man and begun to examine him, opening his eyes and checking them for light sensitivity and examining the bruise on his head.
"Yes I am Dr Rosalie Terlitzer of the Progenitors indeed, and if he want to wait for his own wretched kind that would be fine by me, but his brain seam to be swelling and there are some urgency in his treatment unless you want a Enlightened vegetable on your hands, which again will be fine by me Mr...?"
The Technocrat said as she continued to examine the Verbena.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:07 am

Friday:
After some time of getting a little more in touch with the tree, Tane got up and greeted the oak, promising him to return. THen he'd go to get lily.

Saturday:
I know. You do so too. Little could tane do against someone coawa couldn't beat, but he'd be there, at least.

Then they're wrong. You hurt no-one, there's no reason to kill you and you're not in debt. In any case, i'm still worried for you and your sister.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:48 am

Friday:

You get to the beach after saying goodbye to the oak spirit. After ten minutes or so you see Lily Gray come wandering down to the beach area, she is dressed in black jeans and a turquoise tunic.
"Tane hello!"
She called and waved at you.

Saturday:

Coawa just nodded, for a moment longer his large hand rested on the mage's shoulder before he let his friend go.
"Stay safe brother."

Alessa looked at Tane and gave him a bit of a smile.
"Ah well if the world thought like you, but most do not, that we are creatures of the Weaver is often enough to make other werecreatures attack us."
She said then she nodded.
"As you wish, you do not need to worry about me though, and as for my sister...well eventually I will find her and kill her for her treachery."
The woman said conviction in her eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:16 am

Colin reached the monocle forward again, "It's a very specific focus - my grasp of the related sphere is limited to observation and analysis only; it is quite certainly not something which I will be using now, and as I said, it's the best suited to track me through space. Take it, and give it back when I've returned to Steelhaven."

Colin nodded to Rosalie, "I was afraid something like that would be the diagnosis, Dr. Terlitzer. Please, save him. If I can be of any help, let me know. And you can call me John Steed."

((OOC: Needs must be, but why do I have a sinking feeling Colin's going to get chewed out by several very powerful Verbena once they arrive and see who's poking in their colleague's noggin? Razz Not to mention Chief Morgan...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:44 am

"Surely you can be more clever than that when it comes to aliases Mr Steed...oh well I guess you name do not matter."
Rosalie muttered then she pointed to the examination table.
"Lay him there and I will see what I can do for him and was your hands in case I need your help."
The Technocrat said before she went to a sink a quickly scrubbed her hands clean.
"I have a regeneration serum, I will try that first but if it do not work well enough I will have to open him up to release pressure."
The Progenitor said and nodded then she went to a cabinet and prepared an injection of green fluid.
"Any objections?"

(OOC: The Verbena will not be happy, Amadeus might have a few words with Colin later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next