Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 12 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:32 pm

Jeffry sigh and nods.
"Very well do give it a try."
He said and the only reason he agreed to not do the warding himself was that first of all he was extremely tired but also it would be useful for you to try a rote again and pull it of to help you shake of the backlash.
"It do not need to be fancy Miss Larson is not a prisoner, but I want to know if she leaves her chambers."
The old mage instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 12 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Colin made a mental note of the large ship's arrival, and the emerging passengers, and carried on, only slowly making his way toward the coffee stand, keeping a VERY cautious lookout for any possible attack vectors; making sure to keep as covered from any hostiles as possible, before finally stepping up to the coffee stand at a minute to two.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:19 pm

You eventually make it to the coffee stand, it is a small kiosk with a few tables spread out before it, a chubby, pleasant looking woman wearing a mint dress and an apron in manning the kiosk she smiles to you as you sit down.
"May I get you anything Sir?"
She asks, you still have a few minutes before your meeting with Dan Vogel.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:31 pm

Colin smiled back, "A cup of coffee, if you please - no milk or cream, no sugar. Ah, it is my first time visiting; I trust you take regular US currency?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:15 pm

"Yes we do take regular US currency Sir."
The coffee shop vendor said as she poured you a cup of plain coffee and put it on the table in front of you in a small, porcelain cup.
"So is there anything else I can get you Sir?"
The woman said as she put your coffee on the table.

After a few minutes you see Dan Vogel walk up to the coffee shop, he gave the coffee vendor a polite nod.
"The usual please Betsy."
He said to the chubby woman and she gave him a smile.
"Coming right up Dan."

Vogel looks at you as he sits down.
"Mr Steed was it...I take it you have found our little Umbra port here hospitable."
He said politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:19 am

Colin smiled and paid, "I'm fine - I'm expecting company."

He got up from the table and gave Dan a bow as he arrived, "Quite; it's a fascinating location, for lack of a better word. The arrival of that ship, for example," he pointed to the large new arrival he'd noticed earlier, "was a sight to behold; how it seemed to slide into existence. Rather reminiscent of a few depictions of ships entering and leaving hyperspace in various films and TV series... And my compliments to your resident physician. Her bedside manner might not be the gentlest for my kind, but she seems quite skilled and efficient."
He smiled, "But enough of that. Were you able to acquire the information I requested? Or were you overruled by your superiors?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:15 am

"Very well do give it a try." He said and the only reason he agreed to not do the warding himself was that first of all he was extremely tired but also it would be useful for you to try a rote again and pull it of to help you shake of the backlash. "It do not need to be fancy Miss Larson is not a prisoner, but I want to know if she leaves her chambers."

"I learned my lesson about being flashy for no reason after you sent me to assist your friend," he said. Well, he still had a flair, he supposed. His workings were always going to be unique even if they followed the old formuals due to the echoes but he was too tired to even think about flashy. In fact he used the longer form of the rote for support. It took longer than he would have liked but he hoped it would set better than his last attempt.

// extended casting - 4,4, - 9,2 - 4,6 - 9,7 (I expected 2+ success at diff 8 )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:31 am

Colin:

Dan glanced over to the hulking shape of the newly arrived ship out on the field.
"Ah yes, a Traditionalist vessel that, she have probably come in from Horizon."
He informed you.
"Beautiful ship but if you excuse me, shoddy science, there is no logic to how she works."
The Void Engineer said then he smiles as Betsy arrive with his coffee, he thanks her and paid for his drink and then settled into his seat sipping the hot drink.
"On the other hand there are not many places in the Tellurian where you and I would be able to sit and have a coffee in peace Mr Steed, not many places other than this Umbra docks and the Spy's Demise."
The Void Engineer nodded as he took another sip from his coffee.
"In many ways it is hyperspace...the Umbra, it is the Void, the space between space. Your kind see a spirit world, while my Convention see another, higher dimension."
He explained.
"As for the good doctor, well yes she is not the most friendly woman in this world, but she do good work, I would lay my life in her hands but then she is a member of my Amalgam...ehm...I guess you Traditionalists would call them Cabals."

The Void Engineer took a brown document envelope from within his coat and handed it to you.
"Where I overhauled by my superiors, yes but I managed to convince them that sharing information about the Nephandi could only be a boon for us, there have been an increased activity among the Fallen lately and they are our mutual enemies."
The Technocrat said as he handed you the envelope.
"It is not much Mr Steed but this is what I have been able to gather of our intel on Nephandi activity in Chicago."

Adley:

Jeffry gave a half smile and nodded, he knew that had been a hard lesson for the young mage, to be sent to see with his own eyes what Paradox could do to a mage, in many ways it would have been easier on the boy if he had punished his transgressions with a cane, but it had been far less educational.
"Good..."
The old mage said and smiles, he was indeed very proud of his apprentice, he learned well, both lessons on magick and other matters.

You work your rote and set up a simple effect, it will give you a tingly feeling if the named party, Hannah in this case leaves the chambers, it will not stop her, it will simply let you know, the threads of reality formed without problems and responded obediently to your Words. By the time you where done setting up your ward, Hannah was also done with hers and she walked over to you and frowned at the rote you had put up, she did not like feeling like a prisoner, but she did not protest.
"I have warded my windows and the door, I should have some protection and some warning if someone try to enter or use magick in here."
The Orphan said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:47 am

"I have warded my windows and the door, I should have some protection and some warning if someone try to enter or use magick in here." The Orphan said.

"Good. Thank you, Hannah. A few layers of protections can't hurt in this case. I really do wish you to stay safe," he said, knowing she probably felt as if she was being penned in or double-checked. He looked tired, taut somehow as his body was still feeling paradox...past the normal 'it's exam time' or 'I am teaching too many classes' look that adjuncts perpetually had. But nothing compared to his pater who had exerted himself so in the last hour or several of the others that were running at full speed for days. "I would stay, I know there is much to discuss still but I'm afraid there's more to do. Though if you need something, you can try my phone if you must," he added.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:39 am

"Good. Thank you, Hannah. A few layers of protections can't hurt in this case. I really do wish you to stay safe," he said, knowing she probably felt as if she was being penned in or double-checked.

Hannah nodded she gave you a small smile.
"I will stay safe Adley, do not worry."
She said then she glanced at your ward, her own recent spellcasting probably allowing her to see it.
"And I know that earning trust will take time, with most Chantries I would probably be in a cell or on my way to Horizon to be poked and prodded to find out if I really was not tainted by my mother after all."
She said and sigh.
"You guys have treated me more than fairly."

He looked tired, taut somehow as his body was still feeling paradox...past the normal 'it's exam time' or 'I am teaching too many classes' look that adjuncts perpetually had. But nothing compared to his pater who had exerted himself so in the last hour or several of the others that were running at full speed for days. "I would stay, I know there is much to discuss still but I'm afraid there's more to do. Though if you need something, you can try my phone if you must," he added.

"I will be fine there is time enough to talk once the current crisis is over."
Hannah said then she glanced at Jeffry who had actually reached out to support himself on a nearby chair.
"I am not the one you need to worry about, yes once my mother is taken down and the Labyrinth is no more than...I might need to talk, I know these people after all and I still feel like a traitor, but for now let us just focus on protecting Boston, so go and do what you need to do, I will be more than fine here."
Hannah assured you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:54 am

Hannah said then she glanced at Jeffry who had actually reached out to support himself on a nearby chair. "I am not the one you need to worry about, yes once my mother is taken down and the Labyrinth is no more than...I might need to talk, I know these people after all and I still feel like a traitor, but for now let us just focus on protecting Boston, so go and do what you need to do, I will be more than fine here."

His eyes widened a bit in concern as Hannah looked over at his mentor and saw him reach out to steady himself. He frowned, then turned to her and nodded. "Very well, if you'll excuse us then." He walked over to the Chief and stood next to him, just in case he needed some assistance or looked as if he might fall. "Here, let's go pater." He knew the man wouldn't take assistance in front of Hannah unless he was about to drop to the floor. "You deserve a few minutes to sit down after all that," he sighed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:06 am

Colin grinned and pointed a thumb to the Verbena vessel, "I'd hate to see you try to explain how the giant hedge works, then. I'm a pilot, myself; I can at least to an extent understand the operation of one of the technomantic craft, but something grown? I'm lucky I've kept my rosebush alive for decades, but I wouldn't know the first thing about making it move on its own."
He shook his head, "I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Spy's Demise - though I might look it up at some point - but I imagine there are many places we could sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee together, so long as nobody else found out. That might last about halfway through the cup, I expect. And frankly, spirit world or higher dimension - why can it not be both? I don't understand the principles, I'll admit; I've no particular knack for it, it seems, but it rather sounds like the same thing, explained with different words. Sort of like the difference between a 'Big Bang' and 'Let there be light'. A prosaic versus poetic description, if you will."
Colin accepted the envelope, and quickly skimmed the contents with a dark smile, "Magnificent... The time we would otherwise have needed to procure this information would likely have been too long... Lives are at stake, as is Reality itself. They've sent assassins after our people; people who pose an impediment to their plans; it is time we return the favor."
He quickly finished the coffee and rose from the table, extending a hand "Mr. Vogel, there is a saying, the next best thing to a good friend is a good enemy; an enemy you know seeks your destruction, but an enemy who does so fairly and with respect - who might level cities to reach you if necessary, but will never stoop to poisoning the well or stabbing you in the back. The Union might be such a thing, all in all. We both know where the other stands, and we'll never stop fighting the war over our points of view, but when there's an actual threat to the very battleground over which we fight, we should be able to set our differences aside and coordinate against the mutual foe."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:51 am

Adley:

Hannah nodded, she glanced from Adley to Jeffry, she had not know the old mage for long, but she did understand he was not a man who liked to show weakness, it would probably be best if he got back to his office and sat down as soon as possible.
"Yes I will see you both later, good day."
The Orphan said and gave both of you a polite nod.

Jeffry looks at you and force himself to walk, he nods.
"Yes let us go."
He agreed, he did not need help walking but he just barely managed to to se one fot before the other and he did not look well, magick cost at times, and it was not just Paradox that could affect a willworker.
"Someone need to tell your brother that we are both alive and the Umbra docks and airport is safe as well, I have a feeling the boy is worried."
The old Hermetic said as he gave Hannah a nod and you both left.
"If you can see to him, and make sure Miss Birmar get healed I will sit down indeed and make a phone call to find someone to go and watch over Mr Wainwright."
Your mentor agreed, though he had to do something, he could not just agree to sit down and not help out in some way.

Colin:

Colin grinned and pointed a thumb to the Verbena vessel, "I'd hate to see you try to explain how the giant hedge works, then. I'm a pilot, myself; I can at least to an extent understand the operation of one of the technomantic craft, but something grown? I'm lucky I've kept my rosebush alive for decades, but I wouldn't know the first thing about making it move on its own."

"Ah yes the Verbena delegation's pet plant...no I am afraid that is far out of my department, that is like my collages would say, deviancy of the highest order."
The Void Engineer said with a grin.
"Then again my own Convention do have a living ship, we have been experimenting with living walls grown by the Progenitors to have a defense against the horrors that the Nephandi call ships, it will fly but as for being effective against a Battle Cruiser, not so much unfortunately."

He shook his head, "I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Spy's Demise - though I might look it up at some point - but I imagine there are many places we could sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee together, so long as nobody else found out. That might last about halfway through the cup, I expect.

"The Spy's Demise is a bar in the digital web, open for any mage not Fallen. As for having a cup of coffee, well I suspect it is illegal for both of us to meet anywhere but places like this, though worse for you, a member of another Convention would be sent to Room 101, but the Void Engineers to not support the Pogrom and we get away with it because well...if the other Conventions want access to their Umbral Constructs and holdings they need us. Have you ever read the science fiction series Dune Mr Steed? If you do you will find a similar concept there.

And frankly, spirit world or higher dimension - why can it not be both? I don't understand the principles, I'll admit; I've no particular knack for it, it seems, but it rather sounds like the same thing, explained with different words. Sort of like the difference between a 'Big Bang' and 'Let there be light'. A prosaic versus poetic description, if you will."

"In many ways it is the same thing Mr Steed. Many of my fellows like to pretend what we do is different from what the other willworkers practice, but I have no such delusions, we all affect reality with our will, and we travel on the same planes, but we see it differently, the Technocracy want this put into a system, into order as science so on day everyone can use it, rather than keep it for the lucky few who are born with a Genius strong enough to Awaken."

Colin accepted the envelope, and quickly skimmed the contents with a dark smile, "Magnificent... The time we would otherwise have needed to procure this information would likely have been too long... Lives are at stake, as is Reality itself. They've sent assassins after our people; people who pose an impediment to their plans; it is time we return the favor."

You see some information about some suspected activity at the Sears Tower, as well as some notes about the plaza that Ravenblood's scrying had led to, there is not allot of information, but at least there is some.
"Well Mr Steed I will you good luck with that, I would not mind ridding the world of a few of the Fallen."
Dan Vogel said as he sipped his coffee again.

He quickly finished the coffee and rose from the table, extending a hand "Mr. Vogel, there is a saying, the next best thing to a good friend is a good enemy; an enemy you know seeks your destruction, but an enemy who does so fairly and with respect - who might level cities to reach you if necessary, but will never stoop to poisoning the well or stabbing you in the back. The Union might be such a thing, all in all. We both know where the other stands, and we'll never stop fighting the war over our points of view, but when there's an actual threat to the very battleground over which we fight, we should be able to set our differences aside and coordinate against the mutual foe."

The Void Engineer accepted your hand and shook it.
"Well said Mr Steed, and there have been times in history where the Technocracy and the Traditions have united to fight the Nephandi, we both want something different for the world, but we sure as hell do not want the Nephandi to have it."
He said then he added.
"When that is said, like I mentioned the Void Engineers disagree with the general order to hunt down and destroy other willworkers regardless of their deeds, nor do we take part in this Pogrom, so you might find my Convention to be less enemies that you might think, we see our practice as science and want many of the same goals as the rest of the Union, but we do not want to arrive at those goals sullied with the blood of the innocent."
The Umbral pilot said in earnest.
"Good luck with your Nephandi problem Mr Steed, I do hope your side wins."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Colin grimaced, "Yes, the polyps... I can actually give you a few pointers about those; I've seen the inside of one, decades in a plausible future. They are horrible things, but they have a few appreciable weaknesses: they momentarily drop their shields just before they fire, just over the... let us call it cannons, for simplicity. That's something that can be exploited long enough to take out the cannon and ram a boarding party in - the smaller the better. Once inside, the internal security is preposterous; it's possible for a single, inventive person to get all the way to the brain of the beast, where the Handler sits. The Handler is bound to the polyp, and without the Handler, the polyp will forget about its shields and head home. Disgusting things, but not indestructible."
He shook his head, "But that is in another time and place, and might be preventable, even. As for Dune, yes, I've read the first book a few times, and of course, there was that movie... You don't look much like a Navigator, I'm afraid, so the connection was not precisely intuitive. As for your goal, it is a noble one, but unfortunately, I can't help but find it stifling. I would rather see a world where everyone was Awake, and able to experiment for themselves. But then the distinction might seem like just a small detail, in the big picture."
He smiled as he left, "We might meet here again over a cup of coffee; there's a good chance I will be piloting a small shuttle out of here in the near future. I might not be able to travel between worlds on my own, but I can at least fly free. With a few hundred hours' training, I should be quite proficient, even. Good day, Mr. Vogel, and try to keep yourself and the port safe."
He gave a short bow, and glanced toward the lot where the Verbena ship lay.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Colin grimaced, "Yes, the polyps... I can actually give you a few pointers about those; I've seen the inside of one, decades in a plausible future. They are horrible things, but they have a few appreciable weaknesses: they momentarily drop their shields just before they fire, just over the... let us call it cannons, for simplicity. That's something that can be exploited long enough to take out the cannon and ram a boarding party in - the smaller the better.

"You have seen the inside of a Nephandi Battle Cruiser?"
The Void Engineer said and raised an eyebrow, he seamed far more shocked about that than about the idea of having done so in a possible future.
"Hum...yes we know they have to lower their shields over their...well yes let us call them cannons, to fire...but getting a boarding party in for that fraction of a second is not easy but it can be used to get a few shots in, though that being said, the few times we have been forced to fight one of the monstrosities it have taken at least three of our greatest vessels, the Dreadnoughts to bring the damned thing down, and then we have usually ended up loosing two of our own ships in the process, none are more adapted to the Umbra than the Nephandi, especially since their weakness for Paradox are far less of a problem for them there."
Dan said with a frown.

Once inside, the internal security is preposterous; it's possible for a single, inventive person to get all the way to the brain of the beast, where the Handler sits. The Handler is bound to the polyp, and without the Handler, the polyp will forget about its shields and head home. Disgusting things, but not indestructible."

"I have never heard of a handler, we have wondered how the Nephandi control their great polyps, for lack of a better term for them, since they in effect are massive, corrupted Umbroods of some type, beings of the deep Void...so you are saying a human is controlling them? Linked up to them in some way?"
Dan Vogel said not suddenly interesting, the idea of having a weapon against the feared Battle Cruisers of the Fallen was welcome news.

He shook his head, "But that is in another time and place, and might be preventable, even.

"The future where you experienced this Mr Steed? Well if that future is full of the Nephandi's fleshy monstrosities then I most certainly hope so."

As for Dune, yes, I've read the first book a few times, and of course, there was that movie... You don't look much like a Navigator, I'm afraid, so the connection was not precisely intuitive.

"Just wait until I attract some more Paradox..."
The Void Engineer said with a wry smile.
"Well no we generally do not look like fish and live in tanks filled with the excretions of some mystical beast, and thankfully so, but the organization of our Convention is not that dissimilar."

As for your goal, it is a noble one, but unfortunately, I can't help but find it stifling. I would rather see a world where everyone was Awake, and able to experiment for themselves. But then the distinction might seem like just a small detail, in the big picture."

"If everyone was Awake Mr Steed there would be no Consensus, in a way we would then all be Marauders, each creating our own little pocket of reality, it is the unawakened minds of the masses that create any stability for our world."
The Void Engineer said then he sigh.
"At the end of the day though, I just want to protect those who can not protect themselves...to be completely honest, the day there is nothing left to explore and discover....well that will be a quite boring day indeed, but there are so much supernatural evil out there and the masses are helpless, they need those who know better to protect them, and that is all I want to do, that and explore the Void."
Dan Vogel said and glanced out over the fields towards the wast wonders of the Umbra beyond.

He smiled as he left, "We might meet here again over a cup of coffee; there's a good chance I will be piloting a small shuttle out of here in the near future. I might not be able to travel between worlds on my own, but I can at least fly free. With a few hundred hours' training, I should be quite proficient, even. Good day, Mr. Vogel, and try to keep yourself and the port safe."

"Well good luck with your training then, you might find traveling the Void to be most enjoyable Mr Steed."
Dan said and gave you a smile.
"Well do seek me out sometimes when when you are at these docks, and yes I will try to keep both me and it safe. Good day Mr Steed."
The Technocrat said and gave you a polite nod.

He gave a short bow, and glanced toward the lot where the Verbena ship lay.

The Verbena ship was still there, dwarfed by the great passenger vessel from Horizon, though it did appear the witches was getting ready to leave, in the distance you see Lady Arden leave the green glad man she had been talking with and going back into the ship, and the entrance hatch was beginning to close.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Colin sighed and muttered to himself, "Oh, well, there goes my door back to Reality... Well, then, for want of anyone from the Chantry coming here to retrieve me, I guess I shall have to ask someone else for help."
He gave the oversized plant a cheerful wave and headed for the entrance square, trying to see if the party from Horizon were still making their way there.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Yes the party from Horizon was entering the entrance plaza as you get there, well two of them did, the man you had seen leave the large Umbral ship and the little Mercere woman. As you see the two strangers from Horizon you see someone you know step through the Gauntlet and into the Umbra dock's realm, Adjan Terach stepped though, the dice he used for a foci in hand, he looked around and when he saw you he gave a smile and walked over to you.
"Mr Wainwright."
The Euthanatos said in a hushed tone of voice.
"I am relieved to see you well, the Chief sent me to get you safely home."

(OOC: Ok we have not gotten quite that far in the storyline with Adley over at Steelhaven where he and Morgan get things organized including sending someone to back Colin up, but I will just assume they send Adjan since he is a Disciple of Spirit. I know that Adley was planning to talk with Rush but I think that was for standing guard over Beatrice and the Mercere, so let us just for now assume it is Adjan that comes for Colin.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Colin trotted to meet Adjan, finger to lips, "While here, I am John Steed. And thank you - I was just looking for a door back to our world. Saves me the trouble of asking. Now, I expect there will be quite a lecture for me when I get home, or did the Chief seem to be in a kindly, forgiving mood when he sent you off?"

((OOC: That's what we get for splitting the party, I guess - temporal distortions. Well, I can wait for time to catch up. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Adjan nodded.
"Very well Mr Steed then."
He said with a small grin.
"Well the Chief told me to haul you back to to Steelhaven, and yes he used the word haul you back so kindly and forgiving is not exactly how I would describe him, he take the safety of us all very seriously after all."
The Euthanatos said and sigh.
"So yes do expect a lecture and some time scrubbing floors once this all is done."
Adjan commented with a smirk.
"But yes I can bring you across the Gauntlet, do you wish to leave now or do you have anything else you need to do here before we leave?"

(OOC: Well once the two of them leave the Umbra docks let us just pause then and let Strife catch up.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Colin patted the envelope, "I am good to go; I would like to snoop around a little to find the Chief's shuttle, but frankly, I would like more to not aggravate him further. The only justification for my actions is saving the life and mind of a Verbena, and the acquisition of some reasonably solid information bartered from the Union - any further delays will only serve to anger him further. As it is, Mr. Northwind will survive, I have data on the Fallen, and i am unharmed, even with a sympathetic acquaintance in the Union and some additional information, so i might get out of it relatively easy. Any punishment the man decides to dole out, within his sense of justice, will be a fair bargain, I expect."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Colin patted the envelope, "I am good to go; I would like to snoop around a little to find the Chief's shuttle, but frankly, I would like more to not aggravate him further. The only justification for my actions is saving the life and mind of a Verbena, and the acquisition of some reasonably solid information bartered from the Union -

"If you want to find the shuttle you should probably ask someone where it might be, as this is a large place to look through."
Adjan commented then he nodded.
"But yes aggravating the Chief further might not be wise, though I think mostly he is worried about your safety staying here alone with all that hae been be going on."
The death magus commented.
"How is the Verbena you saved though?"
He asked.

Across the landing field you see Ebele Adeyemi supporting Thorn slowly towards the entrance area, the middle-aged Dreamspeaker was one of Riverside's Deacons so the wounded Verbena was in good hands.

Adjan glanced at you for a moment then he continued speaking.
"If you got some useful information from the Union though, and I have no idea how you managed that, then it might be wise to get that information back to the Chief as soon as possible."

any further delays will only serve to anger him further. As it is, Mr. Northwind will survive, I have data on the Fallen, and i am unharmed, even with a sympathetic acquaintance in the Union and some additional information, so i might get out of it relatively easy. Any punishment the man decides to dole out, within his sense of justice, will be a fair bargain, I expect."

"Good..."
Adjan said then he raised an eyebrow.
"You have found someone sympathetic in the Union, my my Mr Wai...ehm Steed you do find friends in strange places don't you. Now would you mind if we went through the Umbra to get back? I would not want to call master Sharaya and have him risk more Paradox when I can easily bring you home though the Spirit world."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:49 pm

"Someone need to tell your brother that we are both alive and the Umbra docks and airport is safe as well, I have a feeling the boy is worried." The old Hermetic said as he gave Hannah a nod and you both left. "If you can see to him, and make sure Miss Birmar get healed I will sit down indeed and make a phone call to find someone to go and watch over Mr Wainwright."

"Yes, sir," he said, not commenting further until they were at least in his office. But Kyle was probably quite worried, indeed. He kept lookout for someone that could help bring Colin back while they got themselves downstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Colin nodded toward Thorn and Ebele, "I'd say Mr. Northwind will be fine, given a little recuperation. I'm sure Master Nassa and Miss Alexander will be happy to hear that. And finding someone sympathetic in the Union is easier than you might think; the Void Engineers are more open to bartering - especially when the goal is to combat the Nephandi - than the other factions are. Starting out politely, rather than declaring personal contempt helps too, I suppose. Of course, i can't consider the fellow a friend. A good enemy, perhaps; someone i might enjoy a philosophical debate with while on neutral ground, but never a friend. Rather like, hmmm, I can't think of a suitable pop-cultural reference for it."
He pondered, "In any case, I'm up for a walk - seeing as it's my first visit to this plane of existence, I might as well take the scenic route home, so long as you deem it safe."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Adley:

You meet Adjan Terach in the hallways down in the first floor near the security office, the Euthanatos gave you a polite nod as you came near. Jeffry glanced over at the death magus and asked him.
"Mr Terach you are registered as a Disciple of Spirit are you not?"
Adjan nodded.
"Yes Deacon I am."
"Is stepping out into the Umbra part of your Paradigm?"
"Yes, I use it more to communicate with spirits but yes I can cross the Gauntlet, why do you ask Sir?"
"It seams that Mr Wainwright insisted on staying behind in the Umbra docks, I am sorry to inconvenience you, but do you think you could go there and haul him back to Steelhaven...whatever he want to go or not? I am concerned for him being alone in such a place under the current circumstances."
Your mentor said and Adjan raised an eyebrow but he nodded.
"It would be no bother Sir I am off my shift now so I can go and collect him pretty much right away."
The Euthanatos said and Jeffry gave a tired smile.
"Thank you Mr Terach."
He said gratefully and Adjan simply nodded.
"Do not mention it Sir."

While Jeffry was talking with Adjan you see Ingmar Rush coming out of the common room and stopping outside of the security office to wait for you, the Verbena was still chewing down the sandwich he had made for his lunch.

Colin:

Colin nodded toward Thorn and Ebele, "I'd say Mr. Northwind will be fine, given a little recuperation. I'm sure Master Nassa and Miss Alexander will be happy to hear that.

"That is good to hear, and yes, Coven members are usually very close to one another and linked through their World Tree if they have one so I am sure all three of our Verbena will be glad to hear their Coven brother is safe."

And finding someone sympathetic in the Union is easier than you might think; the Void Engineers are more open to bartering - especially when the goal is to combat the Nephandi - than the other factions are. Starting out politely, rather than declaring personal contempt helps too, I suppose. Of course, i can't consider the fellow a friend. A good enemy, perhaps; someone i might enjoy a philosophical debate with while on neutral ground, but never a friend. Rather like, hmmm, I can't think of a suitable pop-cultural reference for it."

"Well I have heard the Void Engineers are not as aggressive towards other mages as most Technocrats..."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"Perhaps if we are lucky they will one day defect as the Etherites and the Adepts did, crippling the Union in the Umbra and bolstering our numbers."
The Euthanatos said then he sigh.
"Well be that as it may, just as long as you realize that the man is an enemy I guess there is no harm in talking with him on natural grounds, just keep your wits about you Mr Steed, what all is said and done this fellow is a Technocrat, so you can never trust him."
The death magus warned.

He pondered, "In any case, I'm up for a walk - seeing as it's my first visit to this plane of existence, I might as well take the scenic route home, so long as you deem it safe."

"It should be fairly safe, just stay close to me."
Adjan said as he started to roll his dice again.
"We are only going out into the near Umbra so the landscape should not be to alien...ready?"
He asked you as he prepared the rote to take you out of the Umbra dock's regio and deeper into the Umbra.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:04 pm

You meet Adjan Terach in the hallways down in the first floor near the security office, the Euthanatos gave you a polite nod as you came near. Jeffry glanced over at the death magus and asked him

"Hello," he said to Adjan, nodding back. Then he listened as his pater asked him to go fetch Colin. Well, the man was trustworthy in his opinion and a good fighter, just in case. He hoped nothing would happen, but you never knew for sure.

Thank you Mr Terach." He said gratefully and Adjan simply nodded. "Do not mention it Sir."

"Very much appreciated," he added. "Good luck." He wondered if Colin had found anything out. And then found bits of their earlier meeting bubble up.

While Jeffry was talking with Adjan you see Ingmar Rush coming out of the common room and stopping outside of the security office to wait for you, the Verbena was still chewing down the sandwich he had made for his lunch.

Adley waited until his pater was done talking to Adjan and walked to the office with him, waiting for his pater to open the door so they could go in for a moment. He had become highly paranoid about talking in the hallways or open spaces. "Mr Rush, thank you. Sorry to interrupt your lunch," he said. "I need you to cover for guard duty for a little while, if you will come with me downstairs," he requested.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next