Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 21 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 am

Colin grimaced, "Diego rather does invite us to hurt him... He seems quite eager to die before he can have his Avatar removed, and is trying to deliberately provoke us into doing something regrettable... And he remains utterly useless."
He sighed, "At any rate, Adley should be here for the rest of this conversation. If you two would like to finish up your conversation properly, I can wait outside. I need to summarize those notes for the Node cleaners anyway."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 21 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:45 am

"I would be quite eager to die if I was in his place as well."
Jeffry said and shuddered.
"So would most mages."
He continued Cite nodded.
"Well yes that is true but I also think he is just a disagreeable person by nature. The Nephandi at times attract the cruel and the weak who think that among their ranks they can have free reign. The world will be a better place once that man is gone. I felt like washing my laptop after I had examined him."
The Virtual Adept said and Jeffry sigh.
"You should not have had to listen to his filth, no lady should."
He said and Cita gave a bit of a grin.
"You are adorably old fashioned."
She commented something that made Jeffry quickly take a sip of his coffee to avoid showing his embarrassment at being called adorable.

"We are pretty much done Mr Wainwright, however those notes would be most useful."
Jeffry said and gave you a recognizing nod.
"Your rote where quite handy today."
He said.
"I am not sure I would be sitting here if it had not been for it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:15 am

"Yes I do know this...there are many types of slavery, it is the one where you are chained up and whipped in a dark mine, but there is also the one where you sit well fed on a golden throne, only that you are beholden to another for you well being and willing to sell your dignity to get it...this woman offers the second type but very few see that, at least not yet."

"Indeed, and by the time they do, if they do, quite a great deal of harm may befall us, if we don't do something."

"I shall consider telling you more, but first you will tell me, who and what is this Abigail?" Tyler said then she sigh.

"As you guessed, there are factions with us as with you. Abigail belongs to a faction known as the Nephandi. She is playing you by offering something that someone in a place of power wants in order to get what she wants. But the deal can never be fair, not as long as you actually want to be around to enjoy whatever it is you've traded away. It will likely come at high cost."

"Now as for the roof I am not sure I can talk about which one, it is connected to a safe haven for my kind, a meeting place, if I give it up and I am wrong, that you are not trustworthy Mr Roth Hicks, then not only do I sign my own death warrant but I might be putting everyone like me in the city in danger, and while most of them are intolerable assholes, there are a few of them that I like."

"Hm...I understand," he said cautiously. It would be like telling them about the chantry, he realised. Or how to get into Horizon, perhaps and suck the node dry. He wondered if vampires knew there was even a node...werewolves did, they had a similar concept, but perhaps to the vampires it was just a place to do executions. "But I do believe that stopping this plan would be better than allowing its success. Chicago is already in danger, if there are Nephandi there. Whatever they want to happen, you don't."

"I do not know much about him, he is old, I think he might be one of those who go way back to when the Tremere where...well like you. Some of the really old Tremere and some of the others as well have this look in their eyes, as if they have lost something they can never get back, and this man have that. In either case I have just seen him one he gave a name that sounded like Cameron...but was not quite that...Carmon...perhaps, Charmon...something along those lines. He is old an powerful enough to give both Nicolai and our leader a pause though, but that will not last for long."

He did not dispute her claim about what he was, she was not stupid, though he didn't draw attention to it either. But when he told her what the name of the Tremere was, it felt as if his whole body had turned into ice. Carmon. It was Carmon, the amicus of one of his avatar's former hosts. Lost something he could never get back...and now the only thing standing in between Bergen's daughter and being embraced. "What is going to happen to him?" he asked, still reeling.

"Well like I said, tell me what we are actually up against and I will decide if I can help you or not." Tyler said.

Her voice brought him back to the present, the beating of his heart and the moment he was in now, trying to figure out this part of the puzzle. "You do not want Nephandi in Chicago, nor do you want them dealing with your prince. They are agents of destruction and breed corruption in their dealings. Whatever they touch decays. This girl, this plot, could spell ruination, if Abigail gets her way. It think it is imperative that she is not turned." He frowned. "The other thing that I have heard is that there is some plot by them regarding the Tremere. Perhaps this one you spoke of, as he is the sole resistance, I'm not entirely sure. And a tower." He paused a moment. "Will you help us? It is not just for myself that I ask or even my own city, this will have ramifications for your city as well."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:43 am

"Indeed, and by the time they do, if they do, quite a great deal of harm may befall us, if we don't do something."

"That I will believe, I have seen cities burn Mr Roth Hicks, more than once, and I have the same feeling in my guts now as I usually have before such a blaze."
Tyler said ominously.

"As you guessed, there are factions with us as with you. Abigail belongs to a faction known as the Nephandi. She is playing you by offering something that someone in a place of power wants in order to get what she wants. But the deal can never be fair, not as long as you actually want to be around to enjoy whatever it is you've traded away. It will likely come at high cost."

"Nephandi...maliciously wicked that is what it translates as is it not...well that is a well boding name."
The vampire muttered.
"What you say is the same feeling I get from this Abigail as well, she is a snake to put it simply but she do seam to be able to offer everyone exactly what they think they want, and that can be very seductive."

"Hm...I understand," he said cautiously. It would be like telling them about the chantry, he realised. Or how to get into Horizon, perhaps and suck the node dry. He wondered if vampires knew there was even a node...werewolves did, they had a similar concept, but perhaps to the vampires it was just a place to do executions. "But I do believe that stopping this plan would be better than allowing its success. Chicago is already in danger, if there are Nephandi there. Whatever they want to happen, you don't."

Tyler sigh then she said.
"I can not tell you everything about this place or where it is. I can however say that there is something on that roof that Abigail and her followers want, I can not see anything there, but it feels wrong to be around that place. I have always put that down on it being our execution grounds and our leader do not like my people, so plenty of my friends have ended their existences up there. The mages though they seam to almost, I do not know, I watch through a window once when they where up there and perhaps there are some energies they feed on, or use up there, something my eyes can not see. More that however I just can not tell you Mr Roth Hicks...I am sorry, but I can not put everyone of my kind in Chicago in danger."

"What is going to happen to him?" he asked, still reeling.

"If he is lucky, and given his age and power he might be, he will be taken down and given some sort of punishment, being kept...well our kind can be contained, I will not tell you how but it is painful and terrifying and our leaders do enjoy using it as a punishment, leaving someone like that for several decades...it is perhaps worse than final death...or there could be some other form of torture, well anyway most likely though if he continue to go against his own kind, he will be executed or if he is very unlucky sent back to the Tremere headquarters in Vienna, I have no idea what they do to their dissidents there and I do not want to know but I have seen Tremere shudder at the mere mention of the city so I doubt it is good."
The vampire said.
"This Elder is risking allot to protect that little girl..."

Her voice brought him back to the present, the beating of his heart and the moment he was in now, trying to figure out this part of the puzzle. "You do not want Nephandi in Chicago, nor do you want them dealing with your prince. They are agents of destruction and breed corruption in their dealings. Whatever they touch decays.

"My my, you know the titles of our leaders, are not you an informed mage Mr Roth Hicks."
Tyler said in jest then she became serious.
"I see, we have a bloodline like that..."
She mutters.
"And now we do not want them in Chicago."

This girl, this plot, could spell ruination, if Abigail gets her way. It think it is imperative that she is not turned." He frowned.

"I see, well that will not be easy to stop, unless your people can rescue her in some way. I might be able to help with some locations that can be helpful in finding her, but if my help is discovered then I will have a trip to that roof I just spoke about."

"The other thing that I have heard is that there is some plot by them regarding the Tremere. Perhaps this one you spoke of, as he is the sole resistance, I'm not entirely sure. And a tower." He paused a moment. "Will you help us? It is not just for myself that I ask or even my own city, this will have ramifications for your city as well."

Tyler hesitated then after about a minute she sigh.
"Oh what the hell I might as well work on my tan...what do you need, I will do what I can to stop these people."
But it was clear from the tone of her voice that she was not joking, her own kind would kill her if her cooperation with you was discovered and it would most likely not be a kind death that she would be given.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:54 am

Colin nodded, "I'll take that as a compliment, Sir. At some point, I may figure out a less wasteful variant - perhaps a filter for good and bad tass, to be solidified or burned, respectively. For now, I have further research on the subject to conduct."
He fished out his notepad and pen, "Well, if you will excuse me, then, I'll be right outside making those notes."
He gave a simple bow, and stepped outside again, leaning against the wall as he jotted down his insights and procedures as best he could.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:48 am

Jeffry nodded.
"Well something less wasteful would be useful, however as it is it might help protect our Node Cleansers from taking the brunt of the the Nephandic corruption in the Nodes they clean up."
He said.
"As yes off course Mr Wainwright we will meet back here in a little while then."
The old Hermetic said.

You begin to jot down your notes, after about five minutes you see Freddy coming with a large plate of sandwiches, she smiles to you when she sees you.
"Hard at work I see love."
She said and you can remember from your Seeking her coming out to the Umbra port with lunch for you many time, and always sandwiches for she never learned to cook very well.
"Here have something to eat and I will go and feed Master Morgan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:05 am

Colin smiled thinly and jotted down a few words on the page, "Considering the node is corrupted, there's little need to filter it, as such - for future occasions, such as another similar blend to the one we diffused today, it'd be a sweet way of adding insult to injury by taking the uncorrupted quintessence for our own purposes after preventing it from blowing up."

Colin smiled, "Ah, thank you, luv... Reminds me of my future working on the shuttle in the Umbra port..."
He grimaced a bit, "And that technically hasn't even happened yet. Ah, any roast beef without tracking devices?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:50 am

Jeffry nodded.
"True...very true I would have lowed to give Lisa Larson a lesson using her own Quintessence, it would be quite a pleasure."
The old Hermetic said and smiles. Cita looked like if she had just gotten an idea and she glanced over at you.
"When you are done with those notes Mr Wainwright, would you mind terribly letting me have a look at them?"
The Virtual Adept said.

Freddy raised an eyebrow.
"Your future memories do get confusing at times you know Colin."
She said as she handed you a sandwich.
"Roast beef without tracking but with pickles and mayonnaise."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I hope you will like it, as I said I can not cook."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:05 am

Colin nodded to Cita, "Not at all; I'll jot down an extra copy for you - if it is quite alright with you, I'll drop them off at your apartment later."

Colin smiled and took a bite, "Ah, but your sandwiches count as your saving grace in the kitchen, dear. They never disappoint. And I know, they befuddle me, as well. Master Steelhaven has suggested I have an untapped affinity for temporal magic, and I'm inclined to believe that. I have the very basic understanding of the concept, like I have with three other aspects of magic now; it's rather odd, actually, how wide and shallow my understanding is at this point."
He made a few more notes, outlining the magical tapping process and how to simply funnel quintessence into a separate effect, "You know, I would find it rather surprising if nobody else has made this sort of quintessence-draining effect. This rote I worked out is designed for one thing only - to tap a supply of quintessence and basically waste it all. I could likely just as easily have used it to fuel something directly practical, something to the effect of a Primal machinegun. Probably a good thing I didn't do that in the docks, though; they might have held me liable for damages... Say, on that note, do you know a decent, affordable graphical program I could use to make some pre-printed conjuring circles for on-the-fly spellcasting? That would probably save some time in a tight spot."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:24 am

Colin nodded to Cita, "Not at all; I'll jot down an extra copy for you - if it is quite alright with you, I'll drop them off at your apartment later."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and smile.
"I do appreciate it."

Colin smiled and took a bite, "Ah, but your sandwiches count as your saving grace in the kitchen, dear. They never disappoint. And I know, they befuddle me, as well. Master Steelhaven has suggested I have an untapped affinity for temporal magic, and I'm inclined to believe that. I have the very basic understanding of the concept, like I have with three other aspects of magic now; it's rather odd, actually, how wide and shallow my understanding is at this point."

"I hope those kids we had in that vision of yours like sandwiches then or that you did the cooking or they would be fairly thin I recon."
Freddy said then she nodded.
"Well if you have a talent for Time perhaps you should study it, I have considered studying it myself to be able to do hanging spells, like all technomancers my Paradigm tend to be somewhat slow, though prep work can speed things up, but hanging spells would be nice."
She commented.

He made a few more notes, outlining the magical tapping process and how to simply funnel quintessence into a separate effect, "You know, I would find it rather surprising if nobody else has made this sort of quintessence-draining effect. This rote I worked out is designed for one thing only - to tap a supply of quintessence and basically waste it all. I could likely just as easily have used it to fuel something directly practical, something to the effect of a Primal machinegun.

"A machine gun for Prime bolts now that would be something."
Freddy said with a grin.
"I do not know if anyone have made something similar to your rote before though love, but, in either case it do sound like it was most useful."

Probably a good thing I didn't do that in the docks, though; they might have held me liable for damages...

"Well I can imagine it now, you might have done more damage that the bloody Nephandi!"
Freddy said and giggle.

Say, on that note, do you know a decent, affordable graphical program I could use to make some pre-printed conjuring circles for on-the-fly spellcasting? That would probably save some time in a tight spot."

"I have a program on my computer for just that, I will send it to you. It was created by some House Thig mages, they are techno wizards, they use computers and such but mix it with Hermetisism, I can not use that program really but it is still neat."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:41 am

Colin nodded, "Hanging spells would be handy... Heh, having that drainage spell ready to tap a hostile spell at a moment's notice would be extremely convenient. It would certainly put a dampener on the Nephandi's work if I could roast them with their own spell, even as they were casting it."
He grinned, "And yes, I do believe I will be teaching our potential children some good, old-fashioned cooking."
He thought for a moment, "If I recall correctly, our eldest's Mentor puts on ten pounds in the first year, in fact."
He pondered, "Thig... I think I heard someone mention those - they are the ones who use modern technology mostly as camouflage, right? Hiding kinetic bolts and the like in gun barrels, making hand grenades with a fireball spell instead of a chemical charge, that sort of thing? I must admit, I like the idea - I'd appreciate that program; with a little luck, I might figure it out."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:26 pm

Colin nodded, "Hanging spells would be handy... Heh, having that drainage spell ready to tap a hostile spell at a moment's notice would be extremely convenient. It would certainly put a dampener on the Nephandi's work if I could roast them with their own spell, even as they were casting it."

"Hum...yes that would be effective counter magick."
Freddy said and nodded she took one of the sandwiches and took a bite out of it, hers seamed to be ham and cheese.
"And using the juice from an enemy's rote to weave a new spell to take them out would be pretty sweet in an ironic sort of way...taking control of their spell though, that would be interesting, and useful, perhaps a bit more difficult though but that could be both defense and attack in one. Have you seen the TV show Legend of the Seeker? The Mord-Sith there, the way they do it, which is not the same way they work in the books I see on the message boards, the fans are very upset, anyway the way they take control of a spell and send it back on the caster, now that would be a useful skill to have, it is beyond my abilities to pull of though."
Freddy said before she took another bite of her sandwich.

He grinned, "And yes, I do believe I will be teaching our potential children some good, old-fashioned cooking."
He thought for a moment, "If I recall correctly, our eldest's Mentor puts on ten pounds in the first year, in fact."

"So would probably I with you in the kitchen but who cares, I would say you only live once but both you and I know that is not true so, well, you get the point..."
Freddy said and pinched her own belly, she was far from fat, but like many who preferred to sit in front of a screen to more physical activities she had just a hint of pudgyness around the belly area.
"Our oldest's mentor you say, so we spawn little mages then...hum...well I never really considered children at all, but I think it would be hard to not be able to share magick with them, if they could never understand what I am."
The young technomancer muttered.

He pondered, "Thig... I think I heard someone mention those - they are the ones who use modern technology mostly as camouflage, right? Hiding kinetic bolts and the like in gun barrels, making hand grenades with a fireball spell instead of a chemical charge, that sort of thing? I must admit, I like the idea - I'd appreciate that program; with a little luck, I might figure it out."

"Yes and no they use computers but not like me, I view the world as data, and as such I see magick as a form of programming, in fact for me a computer in itself is not the necessary part, I just need some sort of input system, one of the other Adepts at the Chantry I lived in when I was an apprentice do not use computers at all, he is a journalist and he use spreading information as his input system, same Paradigm as me, just different tools. The Ruby Children though, or House Thig if you will is the opposite, they have a Paradigm that are similar to what the rest of the canned goods have."
Freddy said using a nickname for Hermetics that one should not say to their face.
"But they use computers as tools. In a way they are like the Techno Mages of Babyon 5 if you have seen the series. It is like this Verbena I knew before the Union got her, a Techno Witch, she used a altar on her lap top and sacrificed files by deleting them, doing exactly the same thing as other Verbena just with a computer as a tool instead of the wands and the knives and the blood. But still she is not really a technomancer as the technology are just a tool and not a part of her Paradigm."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Legend of the Seeker? Not familiar with that one; must be a recent series, I take it? Mord'Sith, though, those I know of... Fundamentally broken women serving as, well, assassins and bodyguards. Terry Goodkind, I think?"
He chewed thoughtfully, "To be honest, I never really considered children, either, until I got that glimpse of the future. I'd rather dismissed the likelihood after I got my face patched back together; after I got my head sorted out, the notion never returned. Can't say I mind the idea, now that it has come around, though. Still, a few years off in any case; plenty of time, my dear."
He choked a bit on his sandwich, "You're a one to accuse me of being reckless, using that word outside the office door of the head Flambeau in residence. We may have drained a Ball of Abysmal Flame today, but I'm sure he'd be more than ready to respond to that sort of quip. He might be considerate enough to give you a bit of a head start, but that'd not be liable to help much."
He cleared his throat, "Sacrificing files by deleting them... Interesting idea; don't know if I could do that, but I suppose I have a few old, well-loved games that could provide me a bit of power like that. Seems like a weird way to do it, though, especially if those files are easily rebuilt from backups or the like..."
He frowned, "Oh, my, a saved game might provide an insane amount of power like that... Especially if it's one of those tricky games that can take weeks and months to reach the final level with a somewhat complete playthrough."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Legend of the Seeker? Not familiar with that one; must be a recent series, I take it? Mord'Sith, though, those I know of... Fundamentally broken women serving as, well, assassins and bodyguards. Terry Goodkind, I think?"

"Yeah it is only a couple of years old and was never very popular so they only made two seasons. I do not think anyone would like to meet creatures like those Mord-Sith and especially not us, since they where made to torture mages but the turning spells back to the sender thing they have in the TV series, that would be practical indeed."
Freddy said and grinned.
"Oh I would love to have someone really good with dimension shifting, I mean all fiction get a sort of reality in the Umbra, I know this Orphan who love to visit the world of her favorite soap opera but anyway, pull a Mord-Sith out of the books, not the TV series, they are nastier in the books and throw her into the Labyrinth..."
The Virtual Adept grinned.
"But that is beyond any of us...and yeah would be Paradoxical as hell and it is the problem of finding the world and so on, but yeah..."
She grinned, making it clear she was joking.

He chewed thoughtfully, "To be honest, I never really considered children, either, until I got that glimpse of the future. I'd rather dismissed the likelihood after I got my face patched back together; after I got my head sorted out, the notion never returned. Can't say I mind the idea, now that it has come around, though. Still, a few years off in any case; plenty of time, my dear."

"Yeah...well I would not want them on earth, I would not want to bring children into this world that would be pawns in this war, but someplace like Horizon where it is relatively safe I can see myself having kids, some years down the line yeah."
She muttered as she crewed on the sandwich.

He choked a bit on his sandwich, "You're a one to accuse me of being reckless, using that word outside the office door of the head Flambeau in residence. We may have drained a Ball of Abysmal Flame today, but I'm sure he'd be more than ready to respond to that sort of quip. He might be considerate enough to give you a bit of a head start, but that'd not be liable to help much."

Freddy giggled.
"True...true, let us hope he did not hear us, it have gotten a bit chilly but I am not sure I would like to warm up but literary being on fire."
The Virtual Adepts said with a grin.

He cleared his throat, "Sacrificing files by deleting them... Interesting idea; don't know if I could do that, but I suppose I have a few old, well-loved games that could provide me a bit of power like that. Seems like a weird way to do it, though, especially if those files are easily rebuilt from backups or the like..."

"Well the friend I am talking about, the techno witch, for her she often wrote things, like praises to the Gods and the like and it was the time and energy put into that which was sacrificed when she deleted the files. However I did see her delete a picture of rice once when a rote called for the sacrifice of a bowl of rice."
Freddy said and shrugged.
"I guess whatever works for you right?"

He frowned, "Oh, my, a saved game might provide an insane amount of power like that... Especially if it's one of those tricky games that can take weeks and months to reach the final level with a somewhat complete playthrough."

"Actually that is not a bad idea, such a game would have stored up allot of energy in all the time used on it...hum...one could actually use that to draw Quintessence into the saved files I think and then delete them to release that juice to use for a rote."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Colin smirked, "Oh, hello. I have a Playstation memory card with all my Final Fantasy save games, and an electromagnet. I spent some 12,000 hours on those games; you do not wish me to make this sacrifice to fuel my Fireball of Punitive Measures."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:38 pm

"Well everything contains Quintessence, it is the essence of all things, and the more time someone have used on a thing, the more Quintessence you will find in it, as your own energies are spent on it, I am sure that such a memory card could be harvested for quite a bit of juice to power a rote yes."
Freddy said and nodded.
"Fireball of Punitive Measures, not that would be a good spell name."
She said and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Colin nodded, "I wonder how much power one could tap from an ordinary battery, though. I suppose it would be possible to get a little juice out of a Mag-Lite, but probably not all that much."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:56 pm

"Could one get some juice out of a battery yes probably not not that much I think, it would be the same amount one could pull out of the same amount of electricity from the wall socket I recon."
Freddy said.
"They might be a good way to get forces to direct into new patters though, instead of using for example light or heat to do so if one do not want to get fancy and weave completely new patterns."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Colin pondered, "I should try to make me a light saber handle at some point. Might be able to load a few batteries into the casing, to start up the effect, but that'd be a secondary concern. I'm thinking, a blade of brightly shining Primal energy is certainly fancy-looking, but what would happen if I started hitting people with a blade made from concentrated bad luck? Hm, best note down that idea for later..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:58 pm

"Well to make a Prime bolt as a blade, one could do that."
Freddy said and nodded.
"But would batteries be the best way to focus that? In either case yes you could make a blade of bad luck, the problem is it is more likely to manifest and harm them at some later point than help you in a fight right there and then."
The Virtual Adept said.
"That is more an effect I would put on a bullet so that if an enemy survive your attack, bad luck will finish them off later."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "True enough... Ah, of course, a detonation of misfortune might be better suited - an immediate streak of bad luck for everyone in the blast radius. Seeing the Fallen go through a rapid sequence of pratfalls and backfires might prove satisfying."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:48 pm

"That I will believe, I have seen cities burn Mr Roth Hicks, more than once, and I have the same feeling in my guts now as I usually have before such a blaze." Tyler said ominously.

He sighed. What the hell kind of week was this? The Nephandi had managed to infiltrate two cities and if they didn't stop them from getting this node, then it looked like they were going to send reinforcements their way. Damnable.

"I can not tell you everything about this place or where it is. I can however say that there is something on that roof that Abigail and her followers want, I can not see anything there, but it feels wrong to be around that place...I am sorry, but I can not put everyone of my kind in Chicago in danger."

"Are there many vampires like yourself that are either directly opposed or neutral to what is about to happen to this girl? The Nephandi getting their way is a bad thing, they are putting your city in danger and your leader has all but opened the door to them I'm afraid."

"If he is lucky, and given his age and power he might be, he will be taken down and given some sort of punishment..."This Elder is risking allot to protect that little girl..."

"If I'm correct in my guess, and I don't know that I am, if he is punished it will be on those execution grounds you mentioned," he said. "And somehow that too will benefit the Nephandi, perhaps as a sacrifice, as he is an Elder as you say."

"My my, you know the titles of our leaders, are not you an informed mage Mr Roth Hicks." Tyler said in jest then she became serious.
"I see, we have a bloodline like that..." She mutters. "And now we do not want them in Chicago."

"Do you? I'm surprised then that the Nephandi are not dealing with them...though perhaps they are. They seem to be getting their fingers in everything," he said, sounding disgusted.

"I see, well that will not be easy to stop, unless your people can rescue her in some way. I might be able to help with some locations that can be helpful in finding her, but if my help is discovered then I will have a trip to that roof I just spoke about."

"Yes, please...I know what you are risking. I never thought I would be speaking to a vampire, asking for help against the Nephandi...no offense, but as you said our circles are often best left alone. Yet if we don't stop this, it will be worse for us here in Boston - we are under a direct threat as we speak and so little time...and in Chicago, once they are done here, perhaps there is next. But whatever the outcome for this plot for your kind, you don't want to be beholden to the Nephandi."

"Oh what the hell I might as well work on my tan...what do you need, I will do what I can to stop these people." But it was clear from the tone of her voice that she was not joking, her own kind would kill her if her cooperation with you was discovered and it would most likely not be a kind death that she would be given.

"Well...if we are going to try to get the girl before she is turned, then a way to get in to get her, where she is being held...or if someone can get her out to where we can get to her would be helpful. Then there is this roof that you mentioned, the execution ground - the Nephandi should not have access to that. I understand that as you said some of these vampires are your friends and kin - if you know how we can avoid bloodshed to get the end result, then perhaps we can make this less a bloodbath and more of a strategic extraction." He couldn't promise though as he had no idea who might be going to do this...if it ended up them or not, though the fact that Carmon was there made him both want to go and loathe to go simultaneously.

It was as if everything had turned on its head, here were vampires acting decently - at least Mr Lenoe and his Sire, though they were as always a threat to avatars, their blood poison. The Tremere of all of them standing between a mage being turned. And behind it all the Nephandi...turning the wheel towards destruction. Tyler was putting herself in a great deal of danger, but the threat of having the Nephandi manipulating a city of vampires was dire. As if it wasn't bad enough there were problems in one city, now there were problems to see to in Chicago.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Colin:

"Well such an explosion of misfortune might be more effective against the Union actually Colin, their tech have allot of moving part where something can go wrong, while misfortune and negative effects of Entropy are the Nephandi's bread and butter."
Freddy said as she gesticulated with her half eaten sandwich.
"It is a good idea for a rote anyway, one would just need a way to implement it."

Adley:

"Are there many vampires like yourself that are either directly opposed or neutral to what is about to happen to this girl? The Nephandi getting their way is a bad thing, they are putting your city in danger and your leader has all but opened the door to them I'm afraid."

"Not many, most of our young could not care less what the Prince do with some mage, if they even know he have been meaning with Abigail, it is not like he is announcing it, and the Elders are either busy licking the Prince's ass or they underestimate what they see as just a mortal. There is one more Primogen member though that have his doubt...the Primogen being sort of a city council of sorts, Khalid al-Rashid, he might aid us...and I do say might I do not know him well but he have spoken up against allying ourselves with this mage woman."

"If I'm correct in my guess, and I don't know that I am, if he is punished it will be on those execution grounds you mentioned," he said. "And somehow that too will benefit the Nephandi, perhaps as a sacrifice, as he is an Elder as you say."

"If he is captured yes, then he would be taken to the roof and left to burn."
Tyler said gravely.
"However more likely a Blood Hunt will be called and that will be worse for him, he is old and powerful, I will not give details but his soul is in danger if such a hunt is called where every vampire in this city will be duty bound to hunt him down. Whatever or not this Abigail can gain something from killing him at the execution grounds however I would not know, that is your area of expertise mage not mine."

"Do you? I'm surprised then that the Nephandi are not dealing with them...though perhaps they are. They seem to be getting their fingers in everything," he said, sounding disgusted.

"Like you said they might be for all I know, however I believe and hope there are none of that Clan in the city, they would be hunted down and killed on sight if discovered."
The vampire said and sounded as disgusted about the diabolists in her own society as you did about the Nephandi.

"Yes, please...I know what you are risking. I never thought I would be speaking to a vampire, asking for help against the Nephandi...no offense, but as you said our circles are often best left alone. Yet if we don't stop this, it will be worse for us here in Boston - we are under a direct threat as we speak and so little time...and in Chicago, once they are done here, perhaps there is next. But whatever the outcome for this plot for your kind, you don't want to be beholden to the Nephandi."

"No offense taken, your kind and mine do not share the same resources there are no reason for us to be much in contact. My Sire, the one who made me, once warned me about your kind, and his warning is about all I know about mages. They are powerful he said, of all the supernatural beings that walk the earth few can match their raw potential for power, but they are fragile, and while they are the most human of all the beings that walk the shadows, their minds are the most obscure, stay away from them unless you want to be drawn into their schemes. Anyway no I do not want to be beholden to these Nephandi you speak of."
Tyler said then she sigh.
"I do not know everything but Nicolai would not have taken a human girl to his Cha...ehm his headquarters, but I know he have an apartment in one of the business and legal districts, I know for I have been there discussing affairs once. It is in the new apartment building on Block 37 by the Daley Plaza, apartment 15-28. Nicolai do not live there off course but he have servants taking care of the apartment, my guess is that the girl would be kept there, it is a pleasant enough flat, and he do not in his own mind want to harm the girl, he would want her kept safe and comfortable until he can Embrace her."

"Well...if we are going to try to get the girl before she is turned, then a way to get in to get her, where she is being held...or if someone can get her out to where we can get to her would be helpful

"She will be under guard, getting to her without Nicolai noticing will be hard. I can help you with a possible address like I said but that is also all that I can currently do."

Then there is this roof that you mentioned, the execution ground - the Nephandi should not have access to that.

"That there is nothing I can do something about, not peacefully at least. Our Prince is more than happy with trading a resource he can neither use nor see for the aid of a powerful mage and her allies, and it is a trade that makes sense, however he controls that roof, not I."

I understand that as you said some of these vampires are your friends and kin - if you know how we can avoid bloodshed to get the end result, then perhaps we can make this less a bloodbath and more of a strategic extraction." He couldn't promise though as he had no idea who might be going to do this...if it ended up them or not, though the fact that Carmon was there made him both want to go and loathe to go simultaneously.

"If you are thinking about Nicolai's apartment then my friends and kin will not be anywhere near it, there are no reason for my men to be aiding the Tremere and while I have a slight alliance with the little brat, it is not strong enough for me to guard his holdings...the roof though, that is another matter. The only thing that could possibly work is offering the Prince a better deal, or showing force or off course taking out Abigail, I can not and will not help you or anyone else take Elysium though, I have little love for the Prince but I am loyal to him, for now. Taking out that bitch Abigail though, that I will be willing to assist with."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:51 pm

Colin nodded, "I suppose using Entropy to harden Reality against their magic might be a bit tricky yet... Potentially cruel and likely to have the sort of consequences you might see in an early Peter Jackson movie, but still something I might keep in mind for research..."
He looked at his sandwich and finished it in two quick chomps before snagging a second, "Now, I think the Chief might appreciate being fed, and I suspect Cita Telar might appreciate seeing him eat something even more."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:05 pm

"Well how you see things in your own Paradigm love is off course up to you but I think that in the Tradition's official ranking systems hardening reality against magick would be Prime, not Entropy, and I do think doing things like that would both be what only Masters of the Art can accomplish and would make you quite unpopular."
Freddy said and sigh.
"Making magick more likely to go wrong though, that might be more up the allay of chance and decay."
The Virtual Adept checked her watch and nodded.
"Yeah you are right I should deliver these and then I have to run, I have guard duty in five minutes, watching over Gloria Ceris, it seam the Chief do not want women guarding Diego, you know the big guy can be just a tad bit sexist at times, that being said I do think guarding Lady Ceris will be more pleasant than that Nephandus from what I am told about him."
Freddy said then she gave you a warm smile.
"Take care of yourself love and I will talk with you later."
She said before she went to knock on the security office's door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next