Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

5 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 4 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:10 am

Colin gave Adjan a shrug, "Cleanse and cleanse... It helps with lighter residue, at least. It's the equivalent of a broom in a passageway, not a pickaxe against a cave-in."
He pondered, "Adley... if you get the Chief on the line, could you ask him to tell Mr. Bergen that while he is an abrasive jerk, his daughter has at least bought him some sympathy? I just might speak up in his defense, under the circumstances. He did make a horribly wrong decision, partly fueled by his own arrogant nature... but having spoken with Liv, I can at least sympathize a little."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 4 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:07 pm

Colin gave Adjan a shrug, "Cleanse and cleanse... It helps with lighter residue, at least. It's the equivalent of a broom in a passageway, not a pickaxe against a cave-in."

The Euthanatos gave Colin a look before he left, his Tradition was known for having a problem with Jhor, it killed more of them that the war did.
"Hum...well perhaps your new rote will show promise Mr Wainwright."
He muttered before he left.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:24 pm

Colin nodded, and pondered, "In time, I just might be able to figure out an item, usable by virtually anyone, to center themselves. I'll need a deeper understanding first, though; that much I can tell."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:32 pm

Adjan just nodded before he left. Freddy sigh.
"I...should not be saying anything since I do not want to intrude on his privacy but...let us just say that Mr Terach, Resonance is a soft spot for him...and there are good reasons for it."
She muttered then she tapped at her phone and Colin's own phone pinged.
"There now I have sent you the Indian restaurant's menu."
She said and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Colin nodded, "I can understand that - if I were affiliated with a group that was liable to, well, execute me after I'd accumulated enough battle scars, I'd be rather concerned for my own skin, as well... and from his attitude, I suspect it cuts deeper than that, too. I'll not pry."
He quickly checked the menu, "Ah, thanks, luv, I'm sure this can come in handy. At the very least, we can make sure the prisoner is at least fed something she's fond of - offering her a little bit of dignity under the circumstances."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:51 pm

"It is not death he fears Colin, it is what the Resonance his Tradition gets will make him do, he fears loosing himself...just death seldom scares the Euthanatos."
Freddy said and shook her head.
"And there is a reason why they kill those among them that get to much Jhor, all Resonance can screw you up love if you get to much of it, drive you Marauder, but Jhor that is death and decay the pure essence of it...but yes his past is his own, it is just by chance that I know."

The meny had several typical Indian dishes, all of them spicy and all of them fairly cheap.
"I doubt giving her food will make the Nephandus less hostile but, I guess a bit of kindness will not hurt after all she will be sent to Horizon and...well better not to think about that...they have to I guess so she will not be reborn as a widderslainte."
The Virtual Adept said and shivered.
"Fuck that ritual have come up to often this past week."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Colin nodded and grimaced, "I can see that... Hell, I have a vague idea of what I might be driven to do if I were to go crazy from excess Resonance... Boundless creation is not much better than boundless destruction."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:13 pm

"No it is not much better, Resonance need to be balanced or it will be our doom, or like my mentor said, congratulation kid you are a mage now, if Paradox don't get you Resonance will, she was such a cheerful person my mentor."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Colin smirked, "Congratulations, you're a mover and a shaker now, and so is everyone you will work with in the long term, so prepare to get moved and shaken."
He shook his head, "Banter aside, who joins me for a little conversation with the prisoner? Her name was J something?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:47 pm

"Well yes that would also be a welcoming speech."
Freddy grinned.
"Jerkins I think I heard her name was Miss Jerkins...well I have done the wards Adley wanted so I am free, I can join you for a little talk with the Nephandus."
She said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Colin nodded, "Capital. Let's be about it, then."
With a nod to the rest of the room, and another wary look at the picture before neatly folding it twice and putting it in his pocket, he turned for the door. "Oh, um, er... where is she?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:22 pm

"I suspect they have some cells, Adley and Fran where with her...Adjan to I think, I am not sure where this Chantry keep prisoners but I am sure we can find someone to ask."
Freddy said and grabbed her bag.
"My guess would be the basement for some reason everyone think basements are a good place to cells."
She said and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:37 pm

"Ok...one moment..." Freddy said and she pressed several apps on her phone. "There you go, the burner phone is now in Arizona for everyone who checks and the phone itself is warded." She said she was obviously fast when it came to magick, well with what she had put up in advance, setting rotes up though took a long time.

"Fast work, you make it look as simple as pushing a button," he said, giving her a bit of a smile. He knew it wasn't, that she'd told him so, but he was appreciative and making something look easy was a hallmark of good work.

He pondered, "Adley... if you get the Chief on the line, could you ask him to tell Mr. Bergen that while he is an abrasive jerk, his daughter has at least bought him some sympathy? I just might speak up in his defense, under the circumstances. He did make a horribly wrong decision, partly fueled by his own arrogant nature... but having spoken with Liv, I can at least sympathize a little."

"I could, though perhaps it would be better to pass on the sentiment yourself when you next see him. I do not like to expound on all matters on the phone, even if it's been secured. However, if you wish?"

Adjan just nodded before he left. Freddy sigh. "I...should not be saying anything since I do not want to intrude on his privacy but...let us just say that Mr Terach, Resonance is a soft spot for him...and there are good reasons for it."

"It has been a difficult week for us all, Adjan included. He's had to deal with a number things that probably built him some resonance, unfortunately. I do hope that we'll all get around this and can spend proper time attending to it. However, we are his friends and we should keep an eye out for him, even if we're not his Tradition it is important to consider matters like that when we are dealing with things." Such was why he'd told Colin and Beatrice about his own problem.

Colin nodded and grimaced, "I can see that... Hell, I have a vague idea of what I might be driven to do if I were to go crazy from excess Resonance... Boundless creation is not much better than boundless destruction.
"No it is not much better, Resonance need to be balanced or it will be our doom, or like my mentor said, congratulation kid you are a mage now, if Paradox don't get you Resonance will, she was such a cheerful person my mentor."

He nodded at that but didn't want to digress further. He knew resonance was a problem - he had his own issues with it, now. Boundless destruction, creation, change, stasis. Too much of any one thing was not good.

With a nod to the rest of the room, and another wary look at the picture before neatly folding it twice and putting it in his pocket, he turned for the door. "Oh, um, er... where is she?"

He explained the route that he'd taken to the prisoner and her Name as she'd given it. "She also said something else, though I am not sure how much use it might currently be. She called her group Eaters, expounding that they used to be called the Eaters of the Weak before they joined ranks with other Infernalists. Also please make sure you are careful with what you're saying and that she was checked for the ability to spy. Do not give any Names, she asked for mine and while I had asked hers, I would rather not give it to her and would suggest that you try to do the same." Not even his craft name. "Though I don't know if it was passive or active, the way she was collecting information, if that was what was happening. Perhaps she was hoping to get away or something like that. There is just something about her, besides her pride in what she is and what she can do to further her beliefs. Good luck."

// FYI my net has been acting crap for the last week, my router might be about to bite it, just in case I'm a little spottier in attendance than normal

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:24 pm

"Fast work, you make it look as simple as pushing a button," he said, giving her a bit of a smile. He knew it wasn't, that she'd told him so, but he was appreciative and making something look easy was a hallmark of good work.

Freddy smiled proudly for a moment.
"Well as long as it is something I have prepared yes it is, but the actual programming though, that take far longer than your ritual."

"It has been a difficult week for us all, Adjan included. He's had to deal with a number things that probably built him some resonance, unfortunately. I do hope that we'll all get around this and can spend proper time attending to it.

"Yes we are all going to have to bleed off Resonance and Paradox when this is done...those of us that can do so that is."
Freddy said and she looked concerned, she knew well that if the energies that mages built up got to severe then getting rid of them again could be most difficult.

However, we are his friends and we should keep an eye out for him, even if we're not his Tradition it is important to consider matters like that when we are dealing with things." Such was why he'd told Colin and Beatrice about his own problem.

"Agreed we need to help him and help keep and eye out for him."
The Virtual Adept agreed.
"But yes this week have not been easy for any of us, hopefully we will all get through it alive and well."
She muttered and looked concerned.

He explained the route that he'd taken to the prisoner and her Name as she'd given it. "She also said something else, though I am not sure how much use it might currently be. She called her group Eaters, expounding that they used to be called the Eaters of the Weak before they joined ranks with other Infernalists. Also please make sure you are careful with what you're saying and that she was checked for the ability to spy. Do not give any Names, she asked for mine and while I had asked hers, I would rather not give it to her and would suggest that you try to do the same." Not even his craft name.

Freddy nodded she did not say anything, this was Colin's assignment she was just his back up but she did note down the path to the cells, eventually she spoke.
"Eaters of the Weak? I have never heard about them. But yes no names I agree. Colin have an alias he seam to like so I guess she will get my name as Miss ehm...Green."
Freddy said and grinned, green was indeed her favorite color.

"Though I don't know if it was passive or active, the way she was collecting information, if that was what was happening. Perhaps she was hoping to get away or something like that. There is just something about her, besides her pride in what she is and what she can do to further her beliefs. Good luck."

"Well if I was in her place I would do whatever I could to get away also...well that and bawling my eyes out but anything that could get me out of the situation would be considered."
Freddy said and shuddered.
"I am sure Colin will be careful though."
She said and glanced at the Orphan and her tone of voice was more like an order than an question.

(OOC: Sorry if I answer a bit slow tonight we are having dinner guests.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:33 pm

Colin nodded to Adley, "No, I only meant to pass on the first part, that Liv Bergen has bought him some sympathy. The rest... can be left hanging. Just thought I'd mention the intent to you now."
Colin smiled thinly, "Under the circumstances, I might need to shelve John Steed - that's a name I use in case of the Union, in particular in relation to the Umbral Port; might be better served to use none at all if this little dietician is somehow transmitting home... Then again, how about Clark Kent for this little conversation?"
He stepped through the door, and halted, "Oh, right, as a precaution... Adley, would you hold on to these while I sit down to speak with the Eater?" He pulled out his gun and the two spare clips and offered them to Adley, "I would rather not carry a
weapon into the cell, on general principle."

((OOC: Not a problem, guys. My brain seems to be stuck in second gear, so I'm running slow, too...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:57 am

Freddy smiled proudly for a moment. "Well as long as it is something I have prepared yes it is, but the actual programming though, that take far longer than your ritual."

"It depends on the ritual."

"Agreed we need to help him and help keep and eye out for him." The Virtual Adept agreed. "But yes this week have not been easy for any of us, hopefully we will all get through it alive and well." She muttered and looked concerned.

He nodded at that, sitting up a bit straighter. Getting too comfortable would only put him to sleep.

"Eaters of the Weak? I have never heard about them. But yes no names I agree. Colin have an alias he seam to like so I guess she will get my name as Miss ehm...Green."

"She said it was the old name; maybe she is older than she looks or it is a habit handed down from her teacher."

Colin nodded to Adley, "No, I only meant to pass on the first part, that Liv Bergen has bought him some sympathy. The rest... can be left hanging. Just thought I'd mention the intent to you now."

"As you wish. While I understand the situation and why he did it, the problem is that it seems to all too often work - so the Nephandi keep applying it to situations to get what they want out of people and break up their families and friends." Still, he did not sound too fond of Bergen regardless, not after all the potential and actual harm he'd caused them. Though he was of course glad the girl was away from the vampires.

He stepped through the door, and halted, "Oh, right, as a precaution... Adley, would you hold on to these while I sit down to speak with the Eater?" He pulled out his gun and the two spare clips and offered them to Adley, "I would rather not carry a weapon into the cell, on general principle."

He stood up to take them with a nod. "Certainly, Mr Kent, Mrs Green. Good luck to you both."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:12 am

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "Under the circumstances, I might need to shelve John Steed - that's a name I use in case of the Union, in particular in relation to the Umbral Port; might be better served to use none at all if this little dietician is somehow transmitting home... Then again, how about Clark Kent for this little conversation?"

"Well at least she will know you are a geek Mr Kent."
Freddy said and grinned.
"Why not it is as good as any other alias I guess."

Adley:

"It depends on the ritual."

"Yes the same for me I can program up most sensory rotes in oh twenty minutes if I can work undisturbed, but for something complex it might take hours."

"She said it was the old name; maybe she is older than she looks or it is a habit handed down from her teacher."

"How many old as sin Nephandi are there and why do we have to run into all of them, or their apprentices."
Freddy complained with a frown.

He stood up to take them with a nod. "Certainly, Mr Kent, Mrs Green. Good luck to you both."

Freddy gave a big grin at that and nodded then she headed out the door, waiting for Colin to come with her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:49 am

Colin smirked, "And you know, a geek used to be someone who performed in freak shows, biting heads off chickens... Besides, there's nothing wrong with knowing who Superman is; he's hardly one of the more obscure superheroes. Besides, I'm not pretending to wear a cape under the suit."
He chuckled softly as he followed Freddy downstairs.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:48 pm

"I did not know that love, well I do hope you do not take the habit of biting the heads of birds, that would be most disturbing."
Freddy said and grinned.

You move through the Chantry here and there the mages of Morningstar glanced at you as you passed them, and elderly man with while hair and beard in a long gray robe, a young woman who looked like a paint shop had exploded on her head for her shoulder length hair was dyed into every color of the rainbow, she was heading down a corridor but gave the two of you a glance as you passed, a tall thin man and a stocky young woman who both offered a smile, eventually though you get to the cells, the skinny, blond man who had been guarding the door to the portal chamber when you arrived are standing by the door, he gave you a nods.
"Sir, Madam are you here to see the prisoner?"
He asked and Freddy nodded.
"Yes that we are Sir."
The blond man nodded and opened the door.
"Very well, be careful and if you need any help just shout."
He instructed and Freddy muttered sourly.
"Oh given that we are going to see a senior Nephandus, if we need help my guess is we will be shouting alright."

Inside the room you see the Nephandus tied to a comfortable enough looking bed, the wound in her arm had been dressed, her eyes was covered by a blindfold, her fingers was still bound by thin, medical line, her fingers truing red and here and there a few droplets of blood could be seen where the line had cut into her skin, but at least she would not be using those hands for any spellwork. The room itself was comfortable it was probably more intended to keep Morningstar's own members when they where in Quiet rather than prisoners.

Freddy shuddered as she stepped into the cell and really stepping in there felt like being dropped into a ice cold lake, you felt like you where put into a small box that where locked away it felt rather claustrophobic, in here magick would not work, your Avatar could not draw on Quintessence and it sort of shifted inside of you uneasy, it was not painful but it did feel like being a free swimming fish now trapped in a wine glass.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Colin nodded to the guard, "Yes, but has anyone been by to check for tracking equipment that might have been missed earlier?"
He never even twitched when he stepped inside the cell, "Miss Jerkins, I presume? I do hope the room isn't too unpleasant for you, but I'm sure we need to take our precautions."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Colin nodded to the guard, "Yes, but has anyone been by to check for tracking equipment that might have been missed earlier?"

The guard nodded and indicated a waste basket that contained the Nephandu's bloody clothes, she had been given a fresh set, and a pair of latex gloves that indicated that she had been checked for tracking devices and anything else she might have hidden...that she had been checked thoroughly, everywhere.
"Yes she have been checked and was clean."
The guard said.

He never even twitched when he stepped inside the cell, "Miss Jerkins, I presume? I do hope the room isn't too unpleasant for you, but I'm sure we need to take our precautions."

The Nephandus did not reply Freddy pointed at her.
"I think her ears are plugged to keep her from hearing what we are saying love."
She commented.
"Ouch that binding on her fingers looks like it hurts."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:32 pm

Colin gave the guard a nod, "Good."
Sighing, he reached down and carefully pulled out the earplugs, without shifting the blindfold.
"Miss Jerkins, I presume? I hope you're not being kept too uncomfortable, keeping the necessitating circumstances in mind?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:47 pm

The Nephandus turned her head towards Colin.
"I am probably more comfortable than a prisoner in my Labyrinth would have been, not that the examination was to pleasant."
She said.
"You are someone else then the ones who talked to be before, who are you?"
She demanded.
"Are you here to torture me?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Colin grinned, "You can call me Clark Kent. And no, I am not here to torture you. Interrogate, certainly, but I personally don't believe torture to be an efficient tool for extricating information. So, I'm just going to ask you a few questions, and then I'll see about ordering you some dinner; you must be starving."
He fished out his notebook, ready to jot down her responses, "First, if you will indulge my curiosity, those are investment marks on your arms, are they not? What is their function and meaning? What, precisely would the cost for such an investment be?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Colin grinned, "You can call me Clark Kent. And no, I am not here to torture you. Interrogate, certainly, but I personally don't believe torture to be an efficient tool for extricating information. So, I'm just going to ask you a few questions, and then I'll see about ordering you some dinner; you must be starving."

"Well then be prepared not to get the information you want, not that you would have gotten it anyway however that being said I am not complaining, I do not particularly want to be tortured."
The Nephandus said with a bit of a smile.
"Clark Kent how charming."
Then she seamed a bit surprised.
"You are getting me food? Hum...well I guess you need to keep me alive until..."
She turned her head away.

He fished out his notebook, ready to jot down her responses, "First, if you will indulge my curiosity, those are investment marks on your arms, are they not? What is their function and meaning? What, precisely would the cost for such an investment be?"

"They are investment marks yes, as to what their meaning is, well you have heard of slave brands I presume Mr Kent, they are both proof that I am owed something by my masters...and that I belong to them."
She said bitterly.
"As for their cost...suffice to say it was quite high."
She muttered.
"And painful..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next