Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Adley Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:31 pm

"Even so what you say do seam rather ominous, are you planning on doing something with my mind? Forcing me to forget?"
He asked nervously and he did not look like he relished that idea much

"It's possible, though it would be preferable to leave you enough of what's happened that you can come back with something to tell him, if you must speak with him. Again I'm not sure what the best thing to do is yet if we think we must do something about it, to protect ourselves. However, it will be discussed with you, I'm not trying to be ominous. The reason I can't give you a clear decision is that I am considering options to find one that's the least...invasive."

"Not that I know of, but then usually you will not know that there are one around, not before it is to late at least."

"I suppose they would be poor assassins if we did know where they were!" he said with a wry look.

The vampire tried to speak but as there came no sound, he simply nodded to indicate that yes he could hear you. Your Avatar though was not pleased with you working this close to a vampire and the Resonance it bought and Paradox on top of that and you could feel it's displeasure deep inside of your soul as it settled back down.

"Good," he said as he nodded, then began to tell him a campfire story from Boy Scouts, meanwhile calming himself and his avatar against the dislike for the situation. "The story goes thusly. I was riding my bike once on an old back road when I saw a turn off I never saw before and decided to see where it went. The road got rougher and tougher and full of potholes and then suddenly it began to rain very hard. I saw a light ahead and since by now I was far from home I figured I could wait out the rain on their porch or shed. At the end of the road was a little house with a light and a big welcome sign, so I pulled my bike up against the side of the house and went to knock on the door. The door opened, and I saw there was another sign that said, 'come in.' Inside was a small kitchen and a hallway with a book open on the table and a hallway with more rooms. There was no phone. To one side another sign on a green door: keep out! In the book was written than anyone could stay there, eat the food, take a nap, whatever they like, so long as they did not open the green door.

'I had something to eat and then waited for the rain to stop but it was relentless and it seemed that time moved strangely. And being as I was a kid, the green door kept calling me with curiosity. Finally I couldn't stand it anymore and I went to open it, and there I saw a stairway and at the end, a red door. 'NO ADMITTANCE' said one sign. I took a step on the stair and the door SLAMMED behind me.Without looking back, I opened the red door. And there was another door behind that one. 'THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE' warned the blue door. And the one behind it flatly told me to 'GO AWAY.' Yet I was not deterred. Once the last door opened I found myself in a big empty room, but for one thing: a great big cage was at the center, and in the cage was a humongous purple gorilla who sat on a small stool, looking sufficiently bored and quite lonely. A sign was neatly stood next to it: 'Do not pet the gorilla. You can feed him, you can talk to him, but DO NOT PET HIM.'

'But he looked very soft and he looked quite sad and I tried to talk to him but he just heaved in a big sigh as if the world had given up on him and denied him the one thing he wanted most. So...I just reached out...and barely brushed his fur. That wasn't really petting after all, was it?

'The gorilla ROARED at me, toppling the stool and beginning to pull the bars apart. I turned and ran, the doors slamming behind me one by one, only to be torn off their hinges like matchsticks. On the third door it said 'I told you so' then the next 'this is your fault' and finally the last 'Don't say we didn't warn you.' I ran and I ran through the house, the great ape just behind me, I ran and ran right out onto the porch and grabbed my bike. And then that's what I turned. The ape punched through the wall with a massive fist, destroying it and narrowly missing me by a hairs breath. Then he reached out with his big hairy paw and he said...'Tag. You're it.'"

Kristina sigh with the deed done she put the stone back into her pocket and took the vampire's hand gently to try to comfort him and calm him down

Adley returned the area's sound to normal, thinking how he could compress it with practice, releasing the rote with the signal and then gave Karl a nod. "Almost done." He knew the man didn't like being touched and being touched when you were vulnerable was worse so he did not make any such move toward him. He took his mobile out to call in for the transport. Since the candle spell couldn't be used in his presence, he used his own technique to secure the line. At first he didn't feel anything happening (at least there was not more paradox) and he had to wonder if his avatar was cheesed off at being around the vampire but he gave her a gentle request of sorts, that this would mean getting the mission completed and the vampire away from them (if not burnt to a crisp at least not in its presence.)

// I'm not sure how long it will take her to stake the fellow, but the story should be sufficiently distracting and long enough. He'd stop though when its done so he can take the spell down.
Arete: 2, 5, 3; 9, 9, 0

Adley

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:18 pm

"It's possible, though it would be preferable to leave you enough of what's happened that you can come back with something to tell him, if you must speak with him. Again I'm not sure what the best thing to do is yet if we think we must do something about it, to protect ourselves. However, it will be discussed with you, I'm not trying to be ominous. The reason I can't give you a clear decision is that I am considering options to find one that's the least...invasive."

"Mr Theodore I am dead, I walk and I talk but I am dead, all I have is my consciousness, I do not want my memories deleted, that is all I have, I do not want who I am, the person I am to be messed with, one thing are things that we can do what for example the Prince can do to force someone to follow his will but to have memories deleted I do not want that."
Karl said fearfully.

"I suppose they would be poor assassins if we did know where they were!" he said with a wry look.

"Yeah that would make for a poor assassin and the Assamites are very good at what they do, or so I hear, I have never met one."
The vampire said wryly.
"Thankfully."

Adley returned the area's sound to normal, thinking how he could compress it with practice, releasing the rote with the signal and then gave Karl a nod. "Almost done." He knew the man didn't like being touched and being touched when you were vulnerable was worse so he did not make any such move toward him.

Karl's eyes followed you as you told him the story, you are not so sure how much of it he really managed to pay attention for, however he was distracted from Kristina's grisly work at least and he seamed to at least not get more panicked and was in control of himself, as far as stakings went, and you can imagine they where never pleasant this was probably as humanely as it could be done. Kristina glance up at you as your blanket of soundlessness vanished.
"I will keep him company while you arrange things."
She said softly.

At first he didn't feel anything happening (at least there was not more paradox) and he had to wonder if his avatar was cheesed off at being around the vampire but he gave her a gentle request of sorts, that this would mean getting the mission completed and the vampire away from them (if not burnt to a crisp at least not in its presence.)

Indeed at first you did not feel nothing as you try to work your magick and you still felt that you Avatar was not pleased, as you continued to try though you felt magick flow again, perhaps she agreed with you request and was willing to work with you again, your Avatar was powerful and while that gave you allot of magickal potential, however it also meant that your soul had far more free will over your actions and allot more to say than a weaker soul, at least reality finally related to your words and you could feel your rote working as you called for transportation.

(OOC: The staking itself perhaps takes 15 seconds but getting everything ready and calming Karl down takes a few minutes but yes it should be enough. Adley's Avatar do not like vampires. Razz Who do Adley call for transport his Mentor?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:31 pm

"Mr Theodore I am dead, I walk and I talk but I am dead, all I have is my consciousness, I do not want my memories deleted, that is all I have, I do not want who I am, the person I am to be messed with, one thing are things that we can do what for example the Prince can do to force someone to follow his will but to have memories deleted I do not want that."

He sighed. "I surely don't wish to rob you of your personhood; if possible I was not speaking of wholesale deletion either. Just enough to protect us, as you would wish if it came to protect those you love. But as I said, I will look into whatever way we can do that without causing you harm or distress. If you must speak with your Prince and there is a chance we will be revealed we have to do something about that, perhaps nothing so drastic as what you are considering though. I will have to have it looked into and your situation will be considered."

"I will keep him company while you arrange things." She said softly.

"Thank you," he said to her with a nod.

// Yes he called his mentor since that's how they decided to do it, have him call back when they were ready more or less. I suppose with what's happened with Carmon, his avatar's not so pleased about vampires.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:20 pm

He sighed. "I surely don't wish to rob you of your personhood; if possible I was not speaking of wholesale deletion either. Just enough to protect us, as you would wish if it came to protect those you love. But as I said, I will look into whatever way we can do that without causing you harm or distress.

Karl nodded slightly he still looked rather skeptical.
"I doubt that Prince Lodin will care about the name of the mages that kept me, he have shown very little interest in anyone but our own kind."
He said softly.

If you must speak with your Prince and there is a chance we will be revealed we have to do something about that, perhaps nothing so drastic as what you are considering though. I will have to have it looked into and your situation will be considered."

"I will probably have to speak with him if anything happens so that he will go after my grandmother and her gang. I have to say that it is rather terrifying though the idea of being helpless and having my memory deleted."
He said and shivered.
"I would not want that."

"Thank you," he said to her with a nod.

Kristina just nods. You walk of and call your Mentor, after a few rings the old mage picks up the phone.
"It is I."

(OOC: Yeah plus his Avatar do not like deeply Entropic Resonance, let us not send Adley to any very entropic realm or it might just have a bit of a fit and get rather cross.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 pm

"I will probably have to speak with him if anything happens so that he will go after my grandmother and her gang. I have to say that it is rather terrifying though the idea of being helpless and having my memory deleted." He said and shivered. "I would not want that."

"I understand; I don't want to unduly distress you, especially given your state as we're not sure what's going to happen. Perhaps nothing will need to be done, we'll have to wait and see for now."

Kristina just nods. You walk of and call your Mentor, after a few rings the old mage picks up the phone. "It is I."

"Things progress," he said, minding the sensation of the rote he was using to make sure it was his pater. "Are you in a good place to talk?"

// apparently not...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:51 pm

"I understand; I don't want to unduly distress you, especially given your state as we're not sure what's going to happen. Perhaps nothing will need to be done, we'll have to wait and see for now."

"I...guess so..."
Karl said, but it was clear from his nervous look that he was scared, he did not want to have his mind changed or messed with and the prospect was not exactly making him more calm about what was happening.
"What scare me is that I will not be in any position to prevent it if you decide to mess with my mind."
He muttered.

"Things progress," he said, minding the sensation of the rote he was using to make sure it was his pater. "Are you in a good place to talk?"

"I am in my office so yes I can talk."
Jeffry said and from your rote you could feel and verify that it was him.
"Are your contact's relative ready for transport?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:05 pm

"As you said, your Prince is primarily interested in your kind; unfortunately you have come across some knowledge that for some of us, there is an overlap which might cause issues that we cannot fully consider at this moment. But I hear you. Your fear is understandable, sir. You are putting trust in us. We here are not so cruel as to suggest something like that unless there are not alternatives to be found, if it makes you feel any better we would not relish such a task." He tried to set him at ease as best he could without lying to him. He wished the whole thing had not been brought up, nor that he had been smart enough to figure out Kristina's husband, but he also knew better than to push him into what was about to happen, either. He might very well choose to run off right now and that wouldn't do anyone any good.

"I am in my office so yes I can talk." Jeffry said and from your rote you could feel and verify that it was him. "Are your contact's relative ready for transport?"

"Yes; I have some items of his that will need to be destroyed but I would not like to keep him here like this long. Is it possible to take him straight to the safe chamber?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:25 am

(ooc last i saw wa si was talking to Rush about the Nephandus... have i missed anything else.... i been busy at work

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:17 am

Colin smiled, a touch of relaxed satisfaction slipping into his voice, "The little girl is precious in every way. In fact, she's already got some skill and power - She can see who is and is not a Mage, she can see spirits, and she was able to lend a surprising bit of strength to a modest bit of luck I worked to get us out of an inconvenience. I'm afraid her mother was rather roughly shaken in the process, having her entire world-view rocked at its foundations. I think she'll come around quite nicely, though - perhaps she'll even prove some ability of her own."
He grinned wryly, "Master Nassa knows the rosebush I lovingly keep in my apartment. Were I to make such a comment on his person, I do believe his skill with the blade would be the least of my concerns. But, we are rather wasting time blithering; I will let Adley know he can delay his return to Steelhaven until the next operation is finished if he prefers, and I'll see you after I'm back. Now I have to make some preparations for unusually underhanded tactics against the Fallen... Goodnight, Sir."

Colin shook his head, "You misunderstand - the portal could be opened within the hose at the manhole, using the hose to guide the liquid downwards, essentially placing the portal out of sight, but aboveground in case of wards up to asphalt level."

((OOC: There's an owl outside, hooting. I think I'm going to step outside and see if I can get a photo. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:39 am

Adley:

"As you said, your Prince is primarily interested in your kind; unfortunately you have come across some knowledge that for some of us, there is an overlap which might cause issues that we cannot fully consider at this moment. But I hear you. Your fear is understandable, sir. You are putting trust in us. We here are not so cruel as to suggest something like that unless there are not alternatives to be found, if it makes you feel any better we would not relish such a task."

"It do not really make me feel any better."
Karl said and looked down he was clearly scared and upset.
"All I have is my mind, my personality, I do not want that tampered with."
He muttered. Kristina sigh from here she was sitting.
"Well if it is me that needs to be protected it will not be needed."
She said about your commented about the knowledge Karl had about some of the mages.
"I have one foot in each society so to speak and it would not surprise Lodin to hear that I am involved, nor would he hurt me, not as long as my husband is alive."
She said more to you than to Karl then she addressed the scared vampire.
"I am sure a solution will be found and none would delete your personality, if anything needs to be done we are talking about making faces in your memories fuzzy for example, so you will remember the person but not be able to fully describe them, and that is not to bad is it?"
She asked softly but Karl did not look convinced.

"Yes; I have some items of his that will need to be destroyed but I would not like to keep him here like this long. Is it possible to take him straight to the safe chamber?"

"That should be possible yes, a room have been made ready for him and a certain hedge wizard with much knowledge of other Awakened beings stands ready to care for him if need be."
Jeffry said without saying Henrietta's name.
"We need to discuss the topic of you coming here to take care of that issue with your Cabalmate though, your British friend called and suggested you not be disturbed in your tasks in Chicago just yet. I have also asked our scribe to try his hand at it, he have the right Paradigm to work on Arcane connections but his tolls do not include words or chants."
Your mentor said.

Colin:

Colin smiled, a touch of relaxed satisfaction slipping into his voice, "The little girl is precious in every way. In fact, she's already got some skill and power - She can see who is and is not a Mage, she can see spirits, and she was able to lend a surprising bit of strength to a modest bit of luck I worked to get us out of an inconvenience.

"Ah a prodigy then that will be a boon to the Traditions one day, we better hope it takes a long time before we manage to capture her father then, or that your hopes for a cure for being Fallen is found before then as we do not want to sour such a child's impressions and opinions of our society."
Jeffry said.

I'm afraid her mother was rather roughly shaken in the process, having her entire world-view rocked at its foundations. I think she'll come around quite nicely, though - perhaps she'll even prove some ability of her own."

"Poor woman that must be quite a shock, but yes hopefully she will Awaken, we could always use more mages and if not then at least we might end up with another hedge wizard or at least a true believer to support us, this is good news."
The old mage said sounding pleased.

He grinned wryly, "Master Nassa knows the rosebush I lovingly keep in my apartment. Were I to make such a comment on his person, I do believe his skill with the blade would be the least of my concerns.

The old Hermetic barked a laugh.
"Never go near an angry Verbena with a plant."

But, we are rather wasting time blithering; I will let Adley know he can delay his return to Steelhaven until the next operation is finished if he prefers, and I'll see you after I'm back. Now I have to make some preparations for unusually underhanded tactics against the Fallen... Goodnight, Sir."

"Quite right so we are. Well if my student should call about the man he is transporting I will let him know, so whoever can get to him the soonest. Hum...underhanded tactics against the Fallen I do like the sound of that, I shall leave you to it then Mr Wainwright, good night, though I suspect none of us shall be getting much rest this evening."
The Security Chief said and hung up on the call.

Colin shook his head, "You misunderstand - the portal could be opened within the hose at the manhole, using the hose to guide the liquid downwards, essentially placing the portal out of sight, but aboveground in case of wards up to asphalt level."

"The problem is that would mean having to be on location, finding a way to stop traffic and not cause to much of an disturbance with the sleepers, which can get rather complicated, not to mention I can not be holding a hose and work my rote at the same time so two of us have to be there and find some explanation for doing so, this could easily bring trouble with sleeper police which in turn bring trouble with the Technocracy."
Hans said and sounded hesitant.
"The ward might be less of a problem than that."

Devon:

(OOC: Nothing have changed for Devon, that is the reason why he is not been placed with the characters of the faster playing players so that it will not be a problem if he is not posted for for a few days. He is still in the basement talking with Rush.)

(OOC: Owls are adorable did you get a picture of it?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:19 am

"It do not really make me feel any better." Karl said and looked down he was clearly scared and upset. "All I have is my mind, my personality, I do not want that tampered with." He muttered.

"Well if it is me that needs to be protected it will not be needed." She said about your commented about the knowledge Karl had about some of the mages. "I have one foot in each society so to speak and it would not surprise Lodin to hear that I am involved, nor would he hurt me, not as long as my husband is alive." She said more to you than to Karl then she addressed the scared vampire. "I am sure a solution will be found and none would delete your personality, if anything needs to be done we are talking about making faces in your memories fuzzy for example, so you will remember the person but not be able to fully describe them, and that is not to bad is it?"

"Then it may not be necessary to worry ourselves over it, in that case," he said as Kristina mentioned she did not think it was necessary to protect her. Of course, he could not guarantee that it might not still come to pass but the more obvious need was out in the open and had been discared. "Please sir, I don't wish you to be afraid for no cause while you...must stay with us. I was asked to treat you with kindness and though I did not need to be asked to be asked, I would not wish to be thought so out of hand nor produce more anxiety than such a thing warrants."

He waited until the man had decided to stay, go or something else, remaining calm. His avatar might not like vampires and there were many, many good reasons why but he couldn't fault the vampire for wishing to protect what made him feel like himself...so much as what remained. For as long as it did, which, he figured was part of the problem. And why his avatar did not like to be around Karl in the first place. He wondered if it were that the man was 'older' than Mr Lenoe...or that he had done more magick around him or simply how there seemed to be vampire problems popping up all over since he got to Chicago that had gotten his avatar riled, too much entropic stagnancy and not enough time to balance it out.

"That should be possible yes, a room have been made ready for him and a certain hedge wizard with much knowledge of other Awakened beings stands ready to care for him if need be."

"Good. I don't know if it's been arranged yet but some music or something for him to keep his mind occupied, audio books and the like would be welcome." It had probably already been done or thought of but he wanted Karl to hear it, it might calm him down somewhat.

"We need to discuss the topic of you coming here to take care of that issue with your Cabalmate though, your British friend called and suggested you not be disturbed in your tasks in Chicago just yet. I have also asked our scribe to try his hand at it, he have the right Paradigm to work on Arcane connections but his tolls do not include words or chants."

Adley looked confused a moment then asked, "I see...well, which shall it be? I assume you've contacted...the others about the arrangements, but if I should stay here and complete these then I shall do that...?" He sounded ready to roll with the change, though he was not sure why he was being asked to change the plan that had been changed, to change it back the way it had been. "In that instance, what do you need to send our guest?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:11 am

"Then it may not be necessary to worry ourselves over it, in that case," he said as Kristina mentioned she did not think it was necessary to protect her. Of course, he could not guarantee that it might not still come to pass but the more obvious need was out in the open and had been discared.

Karl looked down and nodded, he did seam to calm down a little when you said that changing his mind with magick might not be necessary though.

"Please sir, I don't wish you to be afraid for no cause while you...must stay with us. I was asked to treat you with kindness and though I did not need to be asked to be asked, I would not wish to be thought so out of hand nor produce more anxiety than such a thing warrants."

"I...thank you Mr Theodore."
The vampire said softly.
"I know you do not want to cause me more harm or distress than needed."
He muttered still a bit uncertain but at least he seamed somewhat relieved and far less scared then earlier.

He waited until the man had decided to stay, go or something else, remaining calm. His avatar might not like vampires and there were many, many good reasons why but he couldn't fault the vampire for wishing to protect what made him feel like himself...so much as what remained. For as long as it did, which, he figured was part of the problem.

Karl hesitated then he went to lay down on the blanket, he was clearly nervous but had apparently decided to stay, it was the safest option and the option most likely to let him get back to Chicago to continue his work at a later date.

"Good. I don't know if it's been arranged yet but some music or something for him to keep his mind occupied, audio books and the like would be welcome." It had probably already been done or thought of but he wanted Karl to hear it, it might calm him down somewhat.

"A radio have been arranged, but if your contact's family member would prefer audio books I am sure that can be arranged as well."
Your Mentor said.
"I do not relish keeping someone in pain and suffering if that cen be alleviated to some degree I will make sure it is taken care of."

Adley looked confused a moment then asked, "I see...well, which shall it be? I assume you've contacted...the others about the arrangements, but if I should stay here and complete these then I shall do that...?" He sounded ready to roll with the change, though he was not sure why he was being asked to change the plan that had been changed, to change it back the way it had been. "In that instance, what do you need to send our guest?"

"It was your British Cabalmate that asked for the arrangement to be changed, I do not know why and I would not want to ask to much over the phone, but I have learned to trust that man's instincts."
Your Mentor said clearly hearing the confusion in your voice.
"What he said was that for the rescue operation planned you where needed, I am skeptical but I can not deny that the man often get things right. Now as for our guest our Virtual Adept Deacon said that what he needs is for you to look at your phone and...one moment."
You hear a piece of paper being unfolded and you have a feeling the old mage was reading the instructions.
"Check the exact coordinates right where our guest is located and then just step back after you have sent those coordinates to him. Also you better prepare your guest that the first time being teleported can feel a bit disconcerting."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:32 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I hope the girl can be raised to not irrationally fear or hate the Nephandi, and by extension her father. Teaching her the danger of them can be done without relying on those two old tools, after all... And I do believe meeting Shimmer in the garage, as invited by a Linear Mage, may have helped immensely. A sort of shock therapy, if you will - a friendly, if a bit gruff spirit, if you're not familiar with her..."
He grinned and shook his head, "I probably wouldn't have to go near him, he's visited my apartment and knows where the flowerpot is standing... He could probably do something through the cutting miss Alexander has in her room. "

He nodded and looked at the screen, "Stopping traffic for a placement above the surface would only be necessary if it's in the street itself... Let's have a look at the place."
He sighed, "So, a more directly applicable question first and foremost - how sophisticated or powerful would the necessary transmitter be? If it at most could be wedged in the manhole cover instead of needing to lift the damn thing, that would probably be vastly preferable to strapping a phone under the lid... Or could a phone be placed within a certain distance from the manhole, so long as you know the exact range?"

((OOC: Alas, it flew out of the tree it was chilling in - graceful flying overhead, but too swift for me to aim the phone and get a snapshot. I did get to see it, though. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:34 am

"I...thank you Mr Theodore." The vampire said softly. "I know you do not want to cause me more harm or distress than needed."

"Good, let's continue then."

"A radio have been arranged, but if your contact's family member would prefer audio books I am sure that can be arranged as well."
Your Mentor said. "I do not relish keeping someone in pain and suffering if that cen be alleviated to some degree I will make sure it is taken care of."

"Very good. Thank you."

"What he said was that for the rescue operation planned you where needed, I am skeptical but I can not deny that the man often get things right. Now as for our guest our Virtual Adept Deacon said that what he needs is for you to look at your phone and...one moment."
You hear a piece of paper being unfolded and you have a feeling the old mage was reading the instructions. "Check the exact coordinates right where our guest is located and then just step back after you have sent those coordinates to him. Also you better prepare your guest that the first time being teleported can feel a bit disconcerting."

"If you believe that I should stay here and do this first then I shall but I was under the impression it was a matter of timing. I suppose if you need me for the other matter I will hear from you, then," he said. "If I return some of his items and weapons for transport, please take them and put them in a safe place for the time being so we can return them later. I will take care of that now."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:14 am

Colin:

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I hope the girl can be raised to not irrationally fear or hate the Nephandi, and by extension her father. Teaching her the danger of them can be done without relying on those two old tools, after all... And I do believe meeting Shimmer in the garage, as invited by a Linear Mage, may have helped immensely. A sort of shock therapy, if you will - a friendly, if a bit gruff spirit, if you're not familiar with her..."

"I am not familiar with the spirit you mention but yes seeting a spirit are sure to shock a sleeper from their complacency with reality."
Jeffry said then he sigh and said sternly.
"You know Mr Wainwright there are good reasons to fear the Nephandi, there might be a few very rare Fallen that are not as much of a problem as the rest of their kind, but most of them do need to be exterminated."

He grinned and shook his head, "I probably wouldn't have to go near him, he's visited my apartment and knows where the flowerpot is standing... He could probably do something through the cutting miss Alexander has in her room. "

"Yes he probably could at that."
The old mage said sounding amused.
"He is a quite talented man."
He hesitantly admitted.

He nodded and looked at the screen, "Stopping traffic for a placement above the surface would only be necessary if it's in the street itself... Let's have a look at the place."

"Very well let me see what I can find..."
Hans said and he pressed several keys on his keyboard and then nodded as you see a feed of the street outside of the old cinema pop up, you see old buildings where cars lazily passed every so often and a couple slowly walked past. The manhole was not in the middle of the road but it was in the road so cars would have to swing around anyone working at it.
"It could work, but could also draw a bit of attention."
Hans said as he looked at the feed.

He sighed, "So, a more directly applicable question first and foremost - how sophisticated or powerful would the necessary transmitter be? If it at most could be wedged in the manhole cover instead of needing to lift the damn thing, that would probably be vastly preferable to strapping a phone under the lid... Or could a phone be placed within a certain distance from the manhole, so long as you know the exact range?"

"Just about anything will do as long as it can transmit some sort of signal, a bit of wire and a small power source would do in a pinch."
Hans said then he continued.
"As long as I know the exact distance from the manhole the transmitter do not have to be directly on top of it no."

Adley:

"Good, let's continue then."

"Very well..."
Karl said he gave a nervous smile before ha laid down.

"If you believe that I should stay here and do this first then I shall but I was under the impression it was a matter of timing. I suppose if you need me for the other matter I will hear from you, then," he said.

"Oh it is a matter of timing mea filius, have no doubt about that, as long as that arcane connection is there your Cabalmate and this Chantry is in danger and we have to stop those sacrifices, but everything else is a matter of timing as well, and if our scribe can do the job it will make our resources more efficiently utilized."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"I know it is confusing and I am not really sure what the Englishman want with this but like I said I have learned to trust his instincts about these things."

"If I return some of his items and weapons for transport, please take them and put them in a safe place for the time being so we can return them later. I will take care of that now."

"I will make sure it is taken care of."
The old mage promised.

(OOC: That is to bad, owls are cute. There is a small hawk that have decided that my mother's garden is a good place to be so he often comes by to sit on the roof of the tool shed in the garden. I got a few pictures of him but not good ones as he suddenly decided that some doves that made allot of noise in a nearby garden had to be dealt with.)

(OOC 2: I have had problems with the program I use to make PDFs so I have not managed to get those files converted yet sorry. I will ask my husband to help. Sorry about the delay.)

(OOC 3: I am making a new attempt to get home by train today so I might be a bit slow posting until I get home.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:04 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "The Nephandi are indisputably a threat, but making them grounds for an irrational degree of fear and hatred can be as paralyzing and counterproductive as underestimating the danger they pose. An analytical mindset it more useful in combating them than blind zealotry, I should think."
He grinned, "I'll keep in mind not to let Chief Joakim know you offer such high praise for an old Diedne."

Colin frowned at the screen, "Right, running a pipeline into the hole is out, then. Let's see... is there a post box or garbage bin nearby, I wonder? Perhaps one of those disgusting rat poison boxes?"

((OOC: Yeah, I would've loved to get the owl within petting distance - but seeing as I rather expect that would get me clawed and beaked by a wild owl, I'm willing to waive that point. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:14 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "The Nephandi are indisputably a threat, but making them grounds for an irrational degree of fear and hatred can be as paralyzing and counterproductive as underestimating the danger they pose. An analytical mindset it more useful in combating them than blind zealotry, I should think."

"The question is if it irrational Mr Wainwright, they are trying to destroy reality and most of them are pure evil wanting nothing but to destroy, such an enemy needs to be dealt with harshly, even if there are a few gray areas where discretion might be shown."
The old mage said.
"Now you are aware I hope that such talk as you are sprouting right now might very easily get get you into trouble with quite a few members of the Traditions?"

He grinned, "I'll keep in mind not to let Chief Joakim know you offer such high praise for an old Diedne."

"Yes you better, Steelhaven have many stairs that needs washing after all."
The old mage said with a bit of humor in his voice.
"How is the old coot doing?"

Colin frowned at the screen, "Right, running a pipeline into the hole is out, then. Let's see... is there a post box or garbage bin nearby, I wonder? Perhaps one of those disgusting rat poison boxes?"

"There are garbage bins outside of the old cinema it seams."
Hans said and pointed at the screen.
"They are not that far away and it should be possible to put a phone or similar into one of those if that is what you where thinking Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: I so want a pet owl, but alas they are more happy in nature and beside it is both illegal and would really upset my cat.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:47 am

Colin smiled wryly, "I'm not referring to showing discretion, I am speaking of turning the Nephandi into a bogeyman to be feared rather than an enemy to be fought. I don't think that view of the matter should cause much trouble - unless I am deliberately misunderstood and refused the time to clarify the point."
He pondered, "Joakim is... doing quite well, though he did get a little... spooked. I don't know what you know, and it's hardly my place to tell, but it seems there are interested parties of concern."

He nodded, "Perfect, I believe - that should be able to remain undisturbed long enough to get the job done, and the solid evidence should be sufficiently disposed of as a matter of course once the garbage truck comes along. All we need is the exact direction and distance from the bin to the manhole."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I'm not referring to showing discretion, I am speaking of turning the Nephandi into a bogeyman to be feared rather than an enemy to be fought. I don't think that view of the matter should cause much trouble - unless I am deliberately misunderstood and refused the time to clarify the point."

"I see, well I guess that is a fair enough view of things Mr Wainwright. However do keep in mind that many mages will deliberately misunderstand you and will not give you the time to explain."
The old mage warned.
"Just be careful young man, you can be...unconventional at times...not all especially older magi appreciate that."

He pondered, "Joakim is... doing quite well, though he did get a little... spooked. I don't know what you know, and it's hardly my place to tell, but it seems there are interested parties of concern."

"I do not know him that well, we talk at times when we meet and I have had a beer with him now and again when we meet up for our House's annual meeting, he is a skilled man but yes anything private should not be discussed over the phone."

He nodded, "Perfect, I believe - that should be able to remain undisturbed long enough to get the job done, and the solid evidence should be sufficiently disposed of as a matter of course once the garbage truck comes along. All we need is the exact direction and distance from the bin to the manhole."

"Yes...well that distance I can measure from this feed, so if someone just drop a phone in one of those trashcans then I should have all that I need to set this plan of yours into motion Mr Wainwright."
Hans said and nodded.
"Hopefully it will make things a little safer for our strike team."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:42 pm

Colin snorted softly, "You are quite right. I expect some older Magi are... too comfortable in their seats to risk disturbing the status quo."

He nodded to Hans, "Capital. Let us hope the Fallen don't have prepared counters for any and all magic that close to the surface, then; this should be a quite cool surprise, I hope. Might even harm the Labyrinth creature itself in the process, or even the Caul, since they are both largely fleshy... In any case, if you would kindly look into the preparations for staying frosty, I have to pay a visit to the infirmary before the next mission..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Colin snorted softly, "You are quite right. I expect some older Magi are... too comfortable in their seats to risk disturbing the status quo."

"Indeed and those would find someone like you who think outside of the box to be a threat Mr Wainwright and that can put you in a great deal of danger, our society can be brutal, never forget that."
Jeffry said in a serious tone of voice.

He nodded to Hans, "Capital. Let us hope the Fallen don't have prepared counters for any and all magic that close to the surface, then; this should be a quite cool surprise, I hope. Might even harm the Labyrinth creature itself in the process, or even the Caul, since they are both largely fleshy... In any case, if you would kindly look into the preparations for staying frosty, I have to pay a visit to the infirmary before the next mission..."

"The Caul if probably at the heart of the Labyrinth so it is doubtful the nitrogen will get to it, but if it touches the fleshy parts of the Labyrinth it should damage that and given that there is not to many doors blocking the passage of the substance we should be able to do some damage."
Hans said and nodded.
"I will be ready."
He promised then he nodded.
"Off course, oh and if Miss Adlebloom is awake please say hello to her from me, I have not had the time for more than a small visit and then she was sleeping but she is family so I am feeling a little bad about that."
The Virtual Adept said and gave you a nod as you prepared to leave the computer room.
"I will go out and get her some flowers tomorrow, I could make some with magick but buying some actually grown ones feel more appropriate for a gift for someone injured."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Colin smiled warmly, "I will, Hans... Thank you, I think she'll appreciate that. Considering she's... temporarily blinded, I would suggest some fresh and fragrant flowers, rather than ones that are just pretty. I just wish I could do something more for her, you know..."

He sighed softly, and headed up to the infirmary, walking softly over to Freddie's bed.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Colin smiled warmly, "I will, Hans... Thank you, I think she'll appreciate that. Considering she's... temporarily blinded, I would suggest some fresh and fragrant flowers, rather than ones that are just pretty. I just wish I could do something more for her, you know..."

Hans nodded.
"I will find some that smell nice, there is a market not far from here, it should be open on Sundays I will get some from there, you will usually find someone selling fresh flowers there."
He said then he sigh.
"As I understand it all we can do not is give her time to rest and heal, hopefully she will recover completely."
He said.
"She is a strong kid, she would not have been my sister's apprentice if she was not."
He said and gave you an encouraging smile.

He sighed softly, and headed up to the infirmary, walking softly over to Freddie's bed.

You got to the infirmary it was a little less hectic than earlier given that most of the patients where sleeping, most of the Mercere had been moved to guest rooms it seamed, leaving only Wolfgang and the young lady with the wounded hands, the Mercere Deacon's apprentice still sat by his Mentor's beside though watching over the sleeping man. You see Alex Horton stand beside a bed that Anna had been placed in and making some notes in a book, he looked a little frustrated, apparently the little Nephandus was not being the most corporative patient.

Freddy was sleeping though she did stir when you came over to her bed.
"Hi..."
She whispered you see her eyes where still completely unfocused she did managed to find your hand and put hers over it though.
"You are still up love?"
She muttered sleepily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Ok then! Lest's get down to it, there's much to do. I'll be with Beatrice and then i'll go and see Coawa, so call me if you need anything.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Cita nodded.
"Yes very well let us get going. I will examine these shards you have brought me and then go to see your prisoner."
She said and nodded.
"You know how to get a hold of me if you need to Tane."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next