Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Colin nodded, "She's made of rough stuff, and I've seen similar cases when I was in the military hospital. If there's no physical damage, but just the shock, it usually passes in a fairly short time. I've been led to believe there's no lingering damage to eyes or optic nerves, so I expect she'll make a full recovery."

He gently squeezed Freddy's hand, "You recognized the sound of my footsteps, luv? I've had some rest, but duty still calls. I think I'm going to take a vacation next week, though. In a time bubble, if I can afford it. Hans says hello, by the way - he'll swing by in the morning. I... try to sleep, luv; I have to see to some tactical matters before I go back to the fray. I'll be back soon."
He gently stroked her cheek before stepping over to Wolfgang's bed, where he nodded to the young boy, "The message was correctly misunderstood... Thank you."
He gave the kid a warm pat on the shoulder, and headed over to Anna's bed, "The young impatient is giving you trouble, Mr. Horton? And here I thought I'd asked the dear girl to behave..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Ashan101 Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Devon finishes his Conversation with Rush and goes back to guard duty

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "She's made of rough stuff, and I've seen similar cases when I was in the military hospital. If there's no physical damage, but just the shock, it usually passes in a fairly short time. I've been led to believe there's no lingering damage to eyes or optic nerves, so I expect she'll make a full recovery."

"That is good to hear, after I lost Mary I would hate to see anything happen to her young apprentice."
Hans said.
"Well I shall not keep you from Freddy's side and I need to program the rotes I will need for your cold surprise for our Fallen friends anyway."
The Virtual Adept Master said and smiled.

He gently squeezed Freddy's hand, "You recognized the sound of my footsteps, luv? I've had some rest, but duty still calls. I think I'm going to take a vacation next week, though. In a time bubble, if I can afford it. Hans says hello, by the way - he'll swing by in the morning. I... try to sleep, luv; I have to see to some tactical matters before I go back to the fray. I'll be back soon."

"No your mass coming into the room...you have your little bits of oddness for being a mage, I have mine."
Freddy said and gave a tired smile.
"I am usually aware of the space around me and I do not need to see to do it...hum a vacation you say no Nephandi or damsels in distress? Are you bringing me along."
She added and smiled again.
"You make sure you get some rest and that you are careful love."
The Virtual Adept said before she closed her eyes again, her body needed rest but at least she seamed to be getting better quickly.
"You do not dare getting hurt or I will hide all your tea and force you to reply on supermarket brands for a month..the bad stuff in paper bags."
She joked.

He gently stroked her cheek before stepping over to Wolfgang's bed, where he nodded to the young boy, "The message was correctly misunderstood... Thank you."

Dan gave you a smile and nodded.
"I am glad to be of help Sir. Let me know if there is anything else I can do."
He whispered to not disturb his sleeping Mentor.

He gave the kid a warm pat on the shoulder, and headed over to Anna's bed, "The young impatient is giving you trouble, Mr. Horton? And here I thought I'd asked the dear girl to behave..."

Alex turned to you and gave you a bit of a smile.
"Well she is a stubborn one."
He muttered.
"Well she is not that problematic but in her current condition any illness will be very dangerous for her so I wanted to give her some immune boosting medication which she refuse, and I do not want to force anything on a prisoner if I do not have to."
He said.
"Trying to talk her into it have not been to fruitful though."
He said. Anna looked at you and tried to sit up in bed and winced.
"I do not like shots, besides getting sick and dying...would be better than..."
She did not complete that sentence but looked out into the air for a moment.

Devon:

You go back on guard duty, after a while a tall, very round woman with long hair in corkscrew curls came down the stairs and headed in your direction, she was wearing a burgundy dress and looked a bit out of this world, like if she was a bit of summer in human form.
"Ehm...hello..."
She said as she stopped some distance from you clearly rather shy and not used to talking to strangers, you also notice that the other magi standing guard down here give the woman a polite bow as she entered the cellar hallway.
"Are you Mr Miles?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "My goodness, luv, is nothing sacred anymore? Threatening a man's tea is a terrible thing to do! Hm, truth be told, my finances might not allow much of a vacation trip, but I might be able to arrange a couch fortress with some good books and wi-fi access... And rest assured, my couch fortress has room for a guest."
He gave Dan a smile, "I do believe you've done more than I had any right to ask... Do look me up if you need any help in Boston, though."
He sighed and pulled up a chair next to Anna's bed, lowering his voice, "No, I really don't think that sort of sickness would be better... I've seen what unchecked hospital infections can do, and I've seen people who have... survived that. There was a patient when I was recovering from my injuries who had half his leg eaten away over the course of a month... The upper half of his leg, in fact. The pain he was in turned him into a babbling, frothing lunatic. Believe you me, you will want the immune booster; God only knows what you might have picked up at the hospital."
He leaned closer, clasping her hand in his, "Besides, I told you about the sliver of hope you yet have. If you cooperate now, we might be able to do something. If you choose to fight us, however... then our hands are tied. It may be a one in a million chance, but ignore the million and focus on the one. The one is all you need."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Take care and be careful. he greeted her and went over to Beatrice's new room
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:16 pm

"Oh it is a matter of timing mea filius, have no doubt about that, as long as that arcane connection is there your Cabalmate and this Chantry is in danger and we have to stop those sacrifices, but everything else is a matter of timing as well, and if our scribe can do the job it will make our resources more efficiently utilized." Jeffry said and sigh. "I know it is confusing and I am not really sure what the Englishman want with this but like I said I have learned to trust his instincts about these things."

"Very well then, if your backup plan does not work I suppose I will hear from you." There wasn't any point wasting time talking about it more than they already had, it seemed he was staying in Chicago for a while longer.

"I will make sure it is taken care of." The old mage promised.

"Alright, just give me a moment then and let him know to be ready, please. Good luck," he said and waited to see if his mentor had anything else to tell him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Adley:

"Very well then, if your backup plan does not work I suppose I will hear from you." There wasn't any point wasting time talking about it more than they already had, it seemed he was staying in Chicago for a while longer.

"Indeed you will hear form me if the back up plan fall though, I would have preferred your help with this mea filius, for some reason that Verbena girl trust you beyond all others save her own Mentor but yes we have to do the best with as little time we have, hopefully the scribe can get the job done without scarring her further."
Jeffry said.

"Alright, just give me a moment then and let him know to be ready, please. Good luck," he said and waited to see if his mentor had anything else to tell him.

"I will let him know to give you a few minutes and be ready."
The old Hermetic confirmed.
"Thank you good luck to you as well mea filius may the fates be kind."
He said before he hung up on the call.

Colin:

Colin grinned wryly, "My goodness, luv, is nothing sacred anymore? Threatening a man's tea is a terrible thing to do!

"Well if I am going to threaten I might as well choose something scary."
Freddy said with a wry grin.
"I just hope I get my vision back then or I will end up stealing your shaving cream and pepper pot instead of your tea."

Hm, truth be told, my finances might not allow much of a vacation trip, but I might be able to arrange a couch fortress with some good books and wi-fi access... And rest assured, my couch fortress has room for a guest."

"A couch fortress for two. Now that sounds perfect Colin."
Freddy said and smiled.
"No vacation could be better."
She said and gave your hand a loving squeeze.

He gave Dan a smile, "I do believe you've done more than I had any right to ask... Do look me up if you need any help in Boston, though."

"You helped get us all out of there alive Sir, I will always owe you and the others that stormed the Nephandi at our home for that. I will keep it in mind though, thank you."
The young Mercere said and smiled.

He sighed and pulled up a chair next to Anna's bed, lowering his voice, "No, I really don't think that sort of sickness would be better... I've seen what unchecked hospital infections can do, and I've seen people who have... survived that. There was a patient when I was recovering from my injuries who had half his leg eaten away over the course of a month... The upper half of his leg, in fact. The pain he was in turned him into a babbling, frothing lunatic. Believe you me, you will want the immune booster; God only knows what you might have picked up at the hospital."

"He was rotting when alive? That is so romantic..."
Anna said with far to much enthusiasm in her voice.
"That can happen when you get to much Jhor, you really do not want that. But you are right I do not want to die like that...but I do not want a shot either."
She protested and Alex sigh and held out his hands so she could see them.
"Do you know what my job is little miss? I am a vet, all day long I vaccinate cats, do you see any scratches on my hands and arms? If it hurt when I gave the fuzzballs a shot I would be full of claw marks, cats are not the friendliest creatures if you hurt them, you will hardly feel it."
He said but Anna did not look like she believed him.

He leaned closer, clasping her hand in his, "Besides, I told you about the sliver of hope you yet have. If you cooperate now, we might be able to do something. If you choose to fight us, however... then our hands are tied. It may be a one in a million chance, but ignore the million and focus on the one. The one is all you need."

"I am not fighting you."
Anna said and looked at you, she looked scared and tired and far to pale.
"I just do not want a shot, it hurts and I do not like it."
She protested then she added.
"You really think I have a chance?"

Tane:

You get back down to the Node room, it was not Beatrice's new room it was just that it was the most secure room in the Chantry and she needed to be protected. You find Amadeus on guard duty.
"Are you here to see my student Tane?"
He asked. You see Beatrice still laying in the natural glass bowl that was the Node, she looked rather pale and frightened though she gave you a weak smile when she saw you.
"Tane..."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:27 pm

"I will let him know to give you a few minutes and be ready." The old Hermetic confirmed. "Thank you good luck to you as well mea filius may the fates be kind."

He ended the call with a slight frown; well, if his pater didn't understand why Beatrice trusted him, then he probably hadn't understood the whole message he'd sent. Nothing to do for it now though but keep going, though. He checked to see if his phone could do GPS and then stowed it for the moment. He turned to the others, picking up the group of items and taking the ones he wanted to remove the traces from, notably the knife. "Alright, I'm going to make these safe to take with you," he explained to Karl. "Then, you'll be taken to a new place that is ready to take care of your needs. It will feel strange to move that way, disorienting but then you will be there. Your items will be held until you are ready to leave." To Kristina and Rosemary he said, "I'll just be a moment," he said and took the items out of view of Karl, towards the kitchen or bathroom (whichever was closer).

// arete roll for severing the threads: 4, 7, 2; 2, 3, 7 (if needed)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:41 pm

He ended the call with a slight frown; well, if his pater didn't understand why Beatrice trusted him, then he probably hadn't understood the whole message he'd sent. Nothing to do for it now though but keep going, though. He checked to see if his phone could do GPS and then stowed it for the moment.

The phone you where borrowing from Adjan could do GPS yes, it was a fairly new phone, a three or for models old so it had modern functions. Probably your Mentor had not had the time to let your entire message digest yet, he probably would get the connection between you and Beatrice once he sat down for five minutes and reflected on it, but it was easy to forget details when stressed.

He turned to the others, picking up the group of items and taking the ones he wanted to remove the traces from, notably the knife. "Alright, I'm going to make these safe to take with you," he explained to Karl. "Then, you'll be taken to a new place that is ready to take care of your needs.

Karl's eyes focused on you for a moment and there was a very weak sound from him, at least he was able to understand you.

It will feel strange to move that way, disorienting but then you will be there. Your items will be held until you are ready to leave."

The vampire looked to the right twice, he could not speak and no signal had been agreed upon but probably it meant that he understood though he looked rather worried, experiencing something new when this helpless was not exactly easy for one of his kind.

To Kristina and Rosemary he said, "I'll just be a moment," he said and took the items out of view of Karl, towards the kitchen or bathroom (whichever was closer).

"I will keep a look out."
Rosemary said and Kristina nodded.
"Yeah me and well and I will keep our guest here as calm as I can."
She said as you walked to the kitchen which was the closest place, the kitchen had blue tiles that fit well with the copper pots and pans that decorated the walls, a window showed a nice view of the area and under it where a small kitchen table with a white table cloth with embroidered blue flowers. All in all a cozy if old fashioned kitchen. You work your rote to sever the arcane connections in Karl's things, the knife being the hardest but reality do obey your command and your Avatar felt more content now that you where away from the source of Entropy in human shape on the floor. Your task was accomplished easily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:57 pm

The vampire looked to the right twice, he could not speak and no signal had been agreed upon but probably it meant that he understood though he looked rather worried, experiencing something new when this helpless was not exactly easy for one of his kind.

"I'll take that as a sign you understand. One moment please."

Once he had everything that needed to be cleaned including the jacket, cleared he returned the bundle and gently placed it with Karl away from the stake. Then he took his phone out again and tried to capture the best GPS coordinate for the man, placing the phone down, saying, "I know what I'm doing looks weird but it's in aid of our task." He had a thought then that here he was waving around a cell phoneas he might have his wand or dowsing rod, just one that needed a battery. It seemed rather less efficient, to him but it's what he needed to get this done.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:17 pm

nce but looked out into the air for a moment.

Devon:

You go back on guard duty, after a while a tall, very round woman with long hair in corkscrew curls came down the stairs and headed in your direction, she was wearing a burgundy dress and looked a bit out of this world, like if she was a bit of summer in human form.
"Ehm...hello..."
She said as she stopped some distance from you clearly rather shy and not used to talking to strangers, you also notice that the other magi standing guard down here give the woman a polite bow as she entered the cellar hallway.
"Are you Mr Miles?"
[/quote]

"\why yes i am , and how may i help you?" devon wonders

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:07 pm

Adley:

Karl looks at you there is a great deal of pain in his dark eyes but it did seam like he indead heard you and understood, his eyes darted back and forth nervously and every little sound, a clonk of a pipe in the wall or the movements of whoever lived downstairs seamed to scare him, but he was resonably calm given the circumstances.

You place the vampire's things down beside you and again his eyes follow your movements, they where the only part of him that moved, he looked rather suprised when you started waving your phone around him though, though this seamed to more asmuse him than scare him, probably you did not well fit into the stereotype the man had about what a magician was or did. You do manage to find the excat coordinates though for where Karl was laying on the floor, at least as preciese as the cheap GPS in your borrowed phone could narrow it down.

Devon:

The large, colorful woman smiles to you a bit shyly.
"Are you one of those that found a strange man wounded by the docks."
She asked without saying who she was, though it was clear from the reverance the others showed her that she was someone important in the Chantry.
"I have questions about such a man...questions indeed."

(OOC: This is posted from my phone as the internet access in the train went out, please forgive any spelling errors.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:50 pm

Devon:

The large, colorful woman smiles to you a bit shyly.
"Are you one of those that found a strange man wounded by the docks."
She asked without saying who she was, though it was clear from the reverance the others showed her that she was someone important in the Chantry.
"I have questions about such a man...questions indeed."

"i found an injured man yes,,, near the docks.. but don't have too much info.. be glad to help if i can ..." devon smiles

(OOC: This is posted from my phone as the internet access in the train went out, please forgive any spelling errors.)[/quote]

(OOC my life is a spellikgn error.. its ok Smile )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:32 pm

He was less concerned with keeping up appearances to a vampire at the moment, though he too would have rather preferred a different method. He probably looked like he was hunting for a cell phone signal, like in those infuriating commercials. Still, he knew it would work and that was what counted. Once he got the coordinates he sent them to Narim, saying to his fellows, "I'll not be joining him, change of plans." Then he waved everyone back. "Let's move back," he instructed to Kristina and Rosemary if she was close by, leaving Narim plenty of room to work with in the event the coordinates were not very precise. To Karl he said, "Ready yourself...and safe travels."

// No problem, thanks Anja!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:50 pm

Devon:

"I am Mara O'Connor Hermes bani Merinita."
The round woman said as she regards Devon with her head cocked to the side.
"Tell me about this man you found Mr Miles if you please."
She requested.

Adley:

He was less concerned with keeping up appearances to a vampire at the moment, though he too would have rather preferred a different method. He probably looked like he was hunting for a cell phone signal, like in those infuriating commercials. Still, he knew it would work and that was what counted.

Well your searching for the coordinates and general strange behavior in the eyes of someone not used with mages had managed to amuse the staked vampire even through his pain and fear so at least there was that.

Once he got the coordinates he sent them to Narim,

You soon got a reply back from Narim.
"Standing by, I have everything ready to teleport the guest at your signal."

saying to his fellows, "I'll not be joining him, change of plans." Then he waved everyone back. "Let's move back," he instructed to Kristina and Rosemary if she was close by, leaving Narim plenty of room to work with in the event the coordinates were not very precise. To Karl he said, "Ready yourself...and safe travels."

Kristina nodded.
"Very well."
She said and she did not ask why the plans had been changed. Rosemary moved back as well and nodded. Karl looked like he was scared out of his wits but at the same time he was somewhat curious and fascinated. As soon as you sent Narim another text saying that all was ready, the vampire, including the blanket, pillow and pack containing his things vanished, there was a loud pop as air rushed in the fill the sudden vacuum where something just where not there anymore and the air almost felt electric for a few moments.
"Your teleporter is quite skilled."
Kristina commented sounding impressed.
"Very precise work."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:12 am

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

"I am Mara O'Connor Hermes bani Merinita."
The round woman said as she regards Devon with her head cocked to the side.
"Tell me about this man you found Mr Miles if you please."
She requested.

"Greetings Miss O'conner, " Devon mulls" about the figure we found... he appeared to be not human, had pointed ears .... he was reluctant to the extreme to tell us what happened, we got a blood sample that is being tested as far as i am aware.... also an ornate silver dagger , that i passed to the chief for further investigation......"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:46 am

"Hum...most interesting. Did this man that you found touch any iron or steel?"
The large woman asked.
"Did he have all black eyes, irises, whites everything black and he was abnormally thin yes?"
She inquired further.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:56 am

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"Hum...most interesting. Did this man that you found touch any iron or steel?"
The large woman asked.
"Did he have all black eyes, irises, whites everything black and he was abnormally thin yes?"
She inquired further.

"Yes he was... didn't see if he touched iron/stell tho" Devon replies

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:53 am

You soon got a reply back from Narim. "Standing by, I have everything ready to teleport the guest at your signal."

He read the message over with a faint smile and then entered the word 'ready' but didn't hit enter until he asked everyone to move back. The loud pop made him reach towards his ear but it wasn't his ear that popped, it was space. Karl was gone and all that was left was a fizzy tingle of magick left behind. He wondered if he was going to get another message or not - sometimes no news was good news.

"Your teleporter is quite skilled." Kristina commented sounding impressed. "Very precise work."

He smiled again briefly on Narim's behalf and nodded in agreement. "Yes." He was probably one of the best there was, not that he had much to judge on but having been moved about all week for various reasons in various ways. Though he hoped that he was okay, perhaps Master Harris could give them a lift home to spare him anything more. "I'm going to burn the rest of this stuff, finish off the primal threads if I have to, didn't want to do that while he was here obviously. Then we should get going, how does it look outside?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:55 am

Colin grinned, "Rest now, luv, and let let yourself heal. I'll do my best to get back unscathed; there are... others than myself who depend on that, as well. So no pressure..."

He shook his head, "Not precisely rotting, no... eaten alive is a more accurate term. It was hardly the... hm, purity of decay you seem so fond of that attacked him, but a really nasty living bacterium."
He smiled, "If you have had painful shots, that suggests that whoever administered them have been uncaring. A small dab of a surface anaesthetic, and you shouldn't be able to notice a thing. And if not that... perhaps an ingested variant could be arranged?"
He glanced up at Alex, "Do you have that option here, perhaps?"
He turned back to Anna and smiled cautiously, "A chance. It will require you to be adopted by a Mentor of the Traditions, though - to turn your back on the Nephandi and the Black Spiral... and it won't be easy. You'll be distrusted, watched, and should you slip up, even for a moment, there'll be a circle of Mages ready to rush in and... end you. But at this stage, every extra sunrise your glass dragon gets, right? For now, though... you need sleep. But first... what can you tell me about the Labyrinth's layout? I would... appreciate it if you would tell me voluntarily; there are other captives who will likely be tortured otherwise, and I should really prefer to avoid that..."

((OOC: Sorry I didn't post all evening. I, um, seem to have wandered back to Azeroth, after a couple years' absence... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:23 am

Yeap, that i have. Tane told the old verbena. I've been told someone upseted you, darling? he asked Beatrice, closing to her.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:05 am

Devon:

Mara nodded again.
"I see I did not know we had one of those in the city..."
She said more to herself than to you.
"And he was wounded Mr Miles?

Adley:

He wondered if he was going to get another message or not - sometimes no news was good news.

After about a minute or so you get a message from Narim that said.
"Your guest have arrived. Miss Day are making sure he is as comfortable as possible. He got through his first teleportation fine he looks more curious then anything else. I just wanted to let you know all went fine. Take care of yourself and be careful."

"I'm going to burn the rest of this stuff, finish off the primal threads if I have to, didn't want to do that while he was here obviously. Then we should get going, how does it look outside?"

"Very well and I am sure our guest appreciated you not burning something in front of him."
Kristina said. Rosemary looked out the window.
"Other than that woman from before coming back from walking her lab I see no one out there. Kristina nodded again and touched the crystal in her ear.
"The plants see nothing out of the ordinary.

Rosemary hesitated for a moment then she said.
"So that was a vampire eh...interesting, but I kind of feel bad for him, what you guys did to him did not look comfortable...how could he be alive like that though? And he looked and sounded just like any other."
The Verbena said sounding a bit confused.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Rest now, luv, and let let yourself heal. I'll do my best to get back unscathed; there are... others than myself who depend on that, as well. So no pressure..."

Freddy nodded and gave you a smile.
"Yeah right now I doubt I would be good for much else than rest, I have a headache like you would not believe...but you stay safe, for me and for others...but especially me...I allow myself to be a bit selfish love, I have wanted to be with you for so long, I do not want to loose you now..."
The Virtual Adept said and settled back down into bed and gave you another loving smile.

He shook his head, "Not precisely rotting, no... eaten alive is a more accurate term. It was hardly the... hm, purity of decay you seem so fond of that attacked him, but a really nasty living bacterium."

"That do not sound good."
Anna said and sigh then she shook her head.
"No you are right that is not the pure decay that I find attractive. But if I ever where to die, I would like to do so from the effects of Jhor, then again not many Fallen get Jhor we are more attuned to Entropy so we need more of it to be adversely affected."
She said almost sounding disappointed again.

He smiled, "If you have had painful shots, that suggests that whoever administered them have been uncaring. A small dab of a surface anaesthetic, and you shouldn't be able to notice a thing. And if not that... perhaps an ingested variant could be arranged?"
He glanced up at Alex, "Do you have that option here, perhaps?"

Alex nodded.
"I do have a good surface anesthetic, I use it to remove bothersome warts and other skin issues so it should be strong enough she will not feel anything."
He said and went over to a cabinet and rummage though it and found a small tube of something he came back to the bed and looked at Anna who hesitantly nodded and he applied a little of it to her arm.
"I do have some pills that will boost her immune system but they are not as strong, I wanted to use the injection to get things started and put her on a regimen of a few of those pills a day."
The Etherite explained. Anna still looked skeptical she looked nervously at you.
"I have not had doctors treat me often usually things where done at the Labyrinth. I do not know if I like this..."
She said sounding scared.

He turned back to Anna and smiled cautiously, "A chance. It will require you to be adopted by a Mentor of the Traditions, though - to turn your back on the Nephandi and the Black Spiral... and it won't be easy. You'll be distrusted, watched, and should you slip up, even for a moment, there'll be a circle of Mages ready to rush in and... end you.

"Me a Traditionalist...but I have been going down the Black Spiral all my life I can do nothing else..."
The young Nephandus protested then she sigh and nodded.
"Well giving it up is better than the alternative."
She said and sigh.
"Being mistrusted is fine but constantly being under the threat of..."

But at this stage, every extra sunrise your glass dragon gets, right?

"Yes...I do not want to loose it..."
Anna said sounding terrified and Alex gave her a compassionate look.

For now, though... you need sleep. But first... what can you tell me about the Labyrinth's layout? I would... appreciate it if you would tell me voluntarily; there are other captives who will likely be tortured otherwise, and I should really prefer to avoid that..."

"What I can tell you and what I will tell you are two different things."
Anna said and looked at you.
"I do not want you to raid my home, and other captives worse will happen to them and whoever else you capture than torture and chances are unless they are Masters of the Art they will have been tortured already, Mistress Abigail is a hard woman and my Mentor would do it just for fun."
She muttered.
"He was rather cruel to anyone but me."

Tane:

Yeap, that i have. Tane told the old verbena.

Amadeus nodded and stepped out of the way so you could get over to Beatrice.
"Very well, could you watch over her for a few moments I got a text message a little while ago about a wounded guest with a complicated wound caused by some supernatural weakness, I would like to take care of it but I can not just leave Bee."
The old Verbena asked.

I've been told someone upseted you, darling? he asked Beatrice, closing to her.

"Yes...but it was my fault no one wanted to..."
Beatrice said softly she sounded tired.
"Master Morgan was looking into the...arcane connection between me and the missing...ritualist..."
She said and as she mentioned that ritualist her skin turned even paler.
"But when he chanted to do so some of the words where similar to...I blacked out and in my mind I was back there with those six...all round me...chanting...I..."
Beatrice begun sobbing softly.
"I am sorry..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:50 am

"Very well and I am sure our guest appreciated you not burning something in front of him." Kristina said. Rosemary looked out the window. "Other than that woman from before coming back from walking her lab I see no one out there. Kristina nodded again and touched the crystal in her ear. "The plants see nothing out of the ordinary.

"Most assuredly," he said to Kristina.

Rosemary hesitated for a moment then she said. "So that was a vampire eh...interesting, but I kind of feel bad for him, what you guys did to him did not look comfortable...how could he be alive like that though? And he looked and sounded just like any other."
Your guest have arrived. Miss Day are making sure he is as comfortable as possible. He got through his first teleportation fine he looks more curious then anything else. I just wanted to let you know all went fine. Take care of yourself and be careful."

He looked at her as he walked away and said, "It wasn't comfortable; this should only take a moment, excuse me," he said and took the items where he could dispense of them without setting the fire alarm off, leaving Kristina to field some of her Traditionmate's questions. He wanted to leave as soon as they could but not carry back anything that could get at Karl. As he heard the ping of his phone for the message and glanced at it, said, "You too," to the air. Thankfully, nothing untoward seemed to have occurred to anyone. He deleted it and the ones sent, stowed it and went about his work as efficiently as he could so they could go back to Morningstar, where apparently he was needed now for Colin's plan.

// WoW nostalgia romp? My net connection seems to be a bit crappy atm, just fyi.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:23 am

"Most assuredly," he said to Kristina.

Kristina nodded and gave a bit of a smile yes most assuredly.

He looked at her as he walked away and said, "It wasn't comfortable; this should only take a moment, excuse me," he said and took the items where he could dispense of them without setting the fire alarm off, leaving Kristina to field some of her Traditionmate's questions. He wanted to leave as soon as they could but not carry back anything that could get at Karl.

You hear Kristina begin to explain about vampires to Rosemary. The kitchen sink was near a window so the place was well ventilated if you opened it so burning those of Karl's things that needed to be destroyed in the kitchen sink should probably be safe, though the fumes of burned cell phone would probably not smell good. You do find a few chemicals in the cupboards that will be good to get the fire started though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Colin smiled and stroked a knuckle softly along Freddy's jawline, "I'd rather not lose you, either... Sleep, luv; the ones who harmed us today are dead, we are not."

He grimaced, "Personally, I hope you change your mind about that... I've seen some individuals who have built up a bit too much of that; it changes the mind before the body, and not in a good way... quite likely not in what you would call a good way, even."
He nodded, "Well, if the shot scares you, how about this suggestion - the good doctor rubs that anaesthetic on your arm, and when it starts going numb, I count backwards from ten. When I count off one, he gives you the shot, and you can breathe easy again. Does that sound acceptable?"
He nodded, "You'll be able to use magic again; you excel at countermagic, that's a skill that's always useful to have available, and you're obviously a fast learner. I'm sure there's some mundane art, craft or profession you'll take a liking to, as well. And under a Mentor's wing you would be safe for as long as that Mentor can help you stay on the straight and narrow. There are laws and precedents in place that would protect you as a member of the Traditions."
He shook his head, "An assault on a Labyrinth... odds are not good that there would be anyone captured alive in the first place. And the prisoners we do have have not been tortured yet... Questioned, yes, but only politely so. We already know about the Nodes in the Labyrinth, how to negotiate Jodelle's... children, the Outsider Things at the door... But a rough outline of the rooms and corridors would be useful. And a few details about any magical defenses, such as whether or not there is an Aegis or similar protection covering the entirety of the place."

((OOC: A bit of nostalgia, a bit of how a friend of mine dropped back in and found it fairly fresh and fun again. Getting my Pandaren Monk through the intro quests and into the Horde, though... I wandered into Orgrimmar, and my first thought was to quote Gandalf in Moria - "I have no memory of this place." O.o Last time I was there, Thrall was Warchief...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next