Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 25 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:43 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Without a monocle and a special rote, I can't see the wind... I can see plants bend and water curl when it blows, though - some times, all you need to see is the footprints something leaves to know it is there."

"Indeed we know these none physical intelligences are there, or sometimes very physical but different from what we are used to, but we can not always see them, we can observe the effect they have on the world around us, the signs of their existence is there if we but looks for them."
Daisy said and nodded approvingly.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I can manipulate probability with quite a bit of finesse... Pull back decay and deterioration should be feasible, as well, I think; I'm certainly having an easy enough time spotting it in my work, even if I usually just set those materials aside for expediency..."

"I can send you a text on how I do such effects, as in reversing decay with my Paradigm Mr Wainwright, see it as part of the payment for the Rote you have said you will teach me, and we will see what you can make of it. I find that reversing and halting decay can be a great money saver."
She said then chuckled.
"Magick for fun and profit eh?"

He pondered, "I'm afraid I'm none too familiar with the politics of Riverside, as such - I know they have an excellent car mechanic there, but that's largely it. I... don't often deal with groups of people. It makes me uneasy."

"I can sympathize with that Sir as I have the same problem."
The Cyborg said.
"Let us just say I am glad I am visiting in the evening and that I do not have to deal with the full hustle and bustle of Morningstar during the day."
She said then she added.
"Ah car mechanic...you must mean Mr Bridge, he is familiar to me though I have not personally met him, He is a member of the Sons of Ether I think."

He pondered for a moment, "Actually, Joe... did you ever watch the TV show Babylon 5? There's a book trilogy based on the series - 'Passing of the Technomages' - I think that might be perfect for your particular skills."

"I have seen the show yes, great setting, interesting aliens but terrible rushed ending? Those books do sound interesting at least, I guess I will Amazon them and give them a try."
Joe said and sigh.
"I mean as books go, they do not sound terrible, Technomages in that setting are after all basically House Thig mages and you got to love the Thiggies."

He chuckled, "Good thing she seems to have a sense of humour... I can think of few things that scare me more than a patient, indestructible, unkillable Mage with centuries of experience and a grudge... And I've bounced back stronger from an attack that would make most Magi wet themselves. Today."

"Yeah you may be right about that Mr Wainwright...the last thing I would want is to have Lady Crexia mad at me. I mean she is so tiny, but hell that is allot of power in one small package and if that woman want you dead...you will be dead."
He said then he asked curiously.
"What sort of attack where you exposed to though if you do not mind me asking?"
Hans shook his head.
"You do not want to know Joe."
The younger Adept glanced at Colin and then back at his Mentor.
"That bad eh?"

He frowned, "I imagine having such accidents repeatedly would get old quickly for someone who cannot be killed by the injuries... Not to mention grounds for overt conflict. Time-honoured political tradition or not, that sort of incident is always so much more troublesome when the intended victim refuses to play along. Not, of course, that I condone that sort of drastic measures."

"I guess that is why she is the boss at that Chantry."
Hans simply said.

Adley:

"No, that is not insulting, I understand your reluctance." He looked thoughtful as she spoke, trying to figure out another work around as a backup.

Loretta nodded.
"I am not quick to trust strangers, but yes it do not make me comfortable but I will do it, in the mess we seam to find ourselves in courtesy of the Nephandi all we really can do is go the extra mile and not make a fuss and hope it is enough to kick their corrupted asses to the curb."
She said sharply.

"I see. Well, then it might be necessary to speak the Names...for me anyway to make sense of it at least for now." He scratched at his hair and pushed at it, considering their three different methods. "I suppose if I need to sing, I could. I am not the best, but I can carry a tune. I usually chant, tonal chants or plainchants."

"Chanting will do, if it is repetitive enough to get me into a trance state. I guess I can sing or chant and then put ear plugs in once it get time to say the names...but if you do not mind if I am going to be that defenseless around strangers I would prefer to have one of my apprentices or a member of my Cabal right outside the door...not that I suspect you and your friend of not being honorable but you know, just as a precaution."
Loretta said and clicked her long, blood red nails together.

"At various roots, yes. Greek, Egyptian, and also Latin conversions and adaptations that came later. I have been able to work a ritual with others in Greek or Coptic, as long as some of the components stay the same - a start, the middle so to speak where the work is done and a closing, that would help me immensely. I think the silence blanket will be simpler to do, as it will just be the two of us, and it is just an incantation repeated until the effect builds to the right peak."

"A opening, a middle where the work is done and a closing...yeah it will not do much for me, but nor will it disturb me so I will be able to do that, and hey a moving enough ritual might just give me enough of a mental calm to get into the states of consciousness I need, I am using the Mental model of magick, and a rather simple system really as long as it will get me into a trance I will be fine."

"I think that would work well enough for me," he said. "As long as it is something handy, I can use in a pinch," he nodded.

Loretta took a small plastic bag from her purse and flicked it over to you, it was filled with small, crackled, clear glass beads.
"These have the right mix between being strong enough not to break in my purse but being fragile enough to be crushed easily when I want them to be, also they look like ice that sort of help me envision them as frozen houses for spells."
She said then she smirked.
"Also it amuse me to use the conservative assholes a Hobby Lobby's products for magick, it would really blow their bigoted minds if they know so every spell get to be a little fuck you as an added bonus."

Tane:

"I agree Tane, our ancestors have more experience than us and are wise, they know what to do, and we will do them proud here in Boston, live or fall we will send enough spawn of the Qyrl to the dark waters of death to honor them and save as many lives as we can in the process."
Coawa said with conviction in his voice.

(OOC 1: I forgot to say Strife that is great that you play out flaws, far to many players do not. Good job.)

(OOC 2: My husband is the original player of Crexia he used to play her with his group before he even met me and he grinned at Colin's words that she would be terrifying if she held a grudge. Yeah she sort of would be. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 25 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:08 pm

Colin nodded, "The specifics on your method of countering the ravages of time as partial payment for teaching you my quintessence funnel... That is quite agreeable, and I believe you already have my e-mail address and phone number from my business card?"
He grinned, "Fun, yes, profit... a pittance yet until I can make silver out of thin air, in a manner of speaking. Of course, I'll still quite enjoy shaping the metal with my own two hands, but saving some money on materials would be quite exquisite."
He smiled sadly, "Oh, I can navigate a crowd like anyone else... A few stares, well, that is unpleasant at length... But if I were to address a crowd? I would prefer someone trying to shoot me with a rocket again."
He nodded, "Mr. Bridge, yes, I think that could well be him. I believe the man is an Etherite. A couple of my Chantrymates swear by the man's work."

He smiled at Joe's newfound enthusiasm, "I'm not entirely sure the comparison to House Thig is entirely accurate, actually... You learn a bit more of the Technomages in the books than what was mentioned throughout the series, and that spinoff. It's an interesting explanation of our Paradigms, as well; I would not be entirely surprised to learn that the author is at least intimately familiar with Mage society... The tone does not seem indicative of subtle Union propaganda, either."
He smiled thinly, "I don't think you should be afraid of her wanting you dead... It would be more worrying if she insisted you survive for a long time, wouldn't you think?"
He shuddered briefly, "Your Mentor is right, you don't want to know... Feared by Traditionalists, Technocrats and Nephandi alike..."

((OOC: So, can he verify that the dear lady has a sense of humor, then? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:17 pm

"I am not quick to trust strangers, but yes it do not make me comfortable but I will do it, in the mess we seam to find ourselves in courtesy of the Nephandi all we really can do is go the extra mile and not make a fuss and hope it is enough to kick their corrupted asses to the curb."

"Yes, I agree."

"Chanting will do, if it is repetitive enough to get me into a trance state. I guess I can sing or chant and then put ear plugs in once it get time to say the names...but if you do not mind if I am going to be that defenseless around strangers I would prefer to have one of my apprentices or a member of my Cabal right outside the door...not that I suspect you and your friend of not being honorable but you know, just as a precaution."

"Hm, while I do not have any problem with you wanting to be looked over while you are vulnerable, I am unsure it would not actually solve but transfer the issue. I think the best way to test that is for us to do the simple rote first, see if there is clear sound penetration through the door during the first part. As I will be building that one for distance it will start at my initial level and get louder from there. If there is I can work something else out, I think. And you can see if my chanting contain the rhythms you need to induce your trances, since I work energetically the ideas of vibrations as force, I think that can be the in-common basis. As it was long ago, probably."

Loretta took a small plastic bag from her purse and flicked it over to you, it was filled with small, crackled, clear glass beads. "These have the right mix between being strong enough not to break in my purse but being fragile enough to be crushed easily when I want them to be, also they look like ice that sort of help me envision them as frozen houses for spells." She said then she smirked. "Also it amuse me to use the conservative assholes a Hobby Lobby's products for magick, it would really blow their bigoted minds if they know so every spell get to be a little fuck you as an added bonus."

He caught the bag on reflex, then looked at the beads. "Frozen houses for spells...hm, interesting. I could sew them into my sleeve," he said thoughtfully. Then as she mentioned Hobby Lobby he looked up and a small, wry grin came over his face. He offered the beads back to her.

// I wouldn't want a lich holding a grudge against me lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The specifics on your method of countering the ravages of time as partial payment for teaching you my quintessence funnel... That is quite agreeable, and I believe you already have my e-mail address and phone number from my business card?"

"I do indeed have your contact information Mr Wainwright. I will get the rote written down and sent to you as soon as things settle down here and I have a moment to gather my thoughts."
Daisy said and gave you a nod as she could not smile.

He grinned, "Fun, yes, profit... a pittance yet until I can make silver out of thin air, in a manner of speaking. Of course, I'll still quite enjoy shaping the metal with my own two hands, but saving some money on materials would be quite exquisite."

"Well making minerals out of thin air is certainly possible, refining them from some other matter though is far easier and generally less vulgar as well, but yes I can see how such an ability would be of benefit to you Mr Wainwright and I do hope you get to that point in your development soon."

He smiled sadly, "Oh, I can navigate a crowd like anyone else... A few stares, well, that is unpleasant at length... But if I were to address a crowd? I would prefer someone trying to shoot me with a rocket again."

"I can certainly understand your reluctance Mr Wainwright, then again if you ever have to address a crowd I do hope no one shoot you with a rocket as it would be quite tragic though it might have an explosive effect on the onlookers, it will be one speech they will never forget."
The Cyborg said with a bit of a chuckle then she added in a softer tone.
"Ah do forgive me Mr Wainwright, I do hope I did not offend you, I have found that a bit of gallows humor is the only thing that keeps me going at times."

He nodded, "Mr. Bridge, yes, I think that could well be him. I believe the man is an Etherite. A couple of my Chantrymates swear by the man's work."

"I would not know I do not know the man personally I have only heard him mentioned to me."
Daisy said.

He smiled at Joe's newfound enthusiasm, "I'm not entirely sure the comparison to House Thig is entirely accurate, actually... You learn a bit more of the Technomages in the books than what was mentioned throughout the series, and that spinoff. It's an interesting explanation of our Paradigms, as well; I would not be entirely surprised to learn that the author is at least intimately familiar with Mage society... The tone does not seem indicative of subtle Union propaganda, either."

"Well allot of creative people have at least a bit of magick in them, their Avatars having been disturbed a little in their slumber so it could be."
Joe said then he shrugged.
"The man could be a mage for all I know, anyway I will check the books out, you have gotten me curious Sir."
He muttered then he pouted a bit but Hans looked rather pleased.

He smiled thinly, "I don't think you should be afraid of her wanting you dead... It would be more worrying if she insisted you survive for a long time, wouldn't you think?"

Joe gulped then he nodded.
"When you are saying it...yeah...that would be more worrying."

He shuddered briefly, "Your Mentor is right, you don't want to know... Feared by Traditionalists, Technocrats and Nephandi alike..."

Joe did not seam to fully understand what you where talking about, which was probably just as well.
"Oh I see, well I am glad you got away unhurt then Sir."
Was all he said before he went hunting in his goodie bag for another gummy worm.

Adley:

"Hm, while I do not have any problem with you wanting to be looked over while you are vulnerable, I am unsure it would not actually solve but transfer the issue. I think the best way to test that is for us to do the simple rote first, see if there is clear sound penetration through the door during the first part. As I will be building that one for distance it will start at my initial level and get louder from there. If there is I can work something else out, I think. And you can see if my chanting contain the rhythms you need to induce your trances, since I work energetically the ideas of vibrations as force, I think that can be the in-common basis. As it was long ago, probably."

"Very well, we are going to need someone to stand outside the door then and tell if they hear anything, we could also use the ritual rooms but where I know chanting go straight through the doors through it is generally not possible to hear what is happening in the neighboring room as then stone is between you and the other room. But yes in either case a test should be good."
The Cultist said then she nodded.
"As for your chanting, you vibrate words then Mr Roth Hicks? I think I should be able to work with that, such sounds can be rather hypnotic if done right."

He caught the bag on reflex, then looked at the beads. "Frozen houses for spells...hm, interesting. I could sew them into my sleeve," he said thoughtfully. Then as she mentioned Hobby Lobby he looked up and a small, wry grin came over his face. He offered the beads back to her.

Loretta took the beads back then turned her arm to show her watch, several little beads where hanging from it.
"They can be rather simple to store in practical places yes."
She said as she put the bag of beads into her purse again.
"The glass beads works for you then as houses for the hanging spells I mean, with them being activated if you break them?"
the Cultist asked to make sure.

(OOC: No you would not want Crexia to hold a grudge she ehm is inventive but yes she have a sense of humor.)

(OOC 2: Sorry for the late reply I sort of got caught up in of all things making my little pony necklaces. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:46 pm

"Very well, we are going to need someone to stand outside the door then and tell if they hear anything, we could also use the ritual rooms but where I know chanting go straight through the doors through it is generally not possible to hear what is happening in the neighboring room as then stone is between you and the other room. But yes in either case a test should be good."

"My chantrymate should be joining us shortly; if you wish you can also have your apprentice or cabalmate join him to check how things go if that works."

"As for your chanting, you vibrate words then Mr Roth Hicks? I think I should be able to work with that, such sounds can be rather hypnotic if done right."

"That's correct. I've never tried to be particularly...hypnotic but parts of rituals have different vocal components. For the silence working, I am trying for a larger area than I've previously done. It will take me a while to build it, is there a way that you would like to know that the working is ready to be 'frozen'?"

"The glass beads works for you then as houses for the hanging spells I mean, with them being activated if you break them?" the Cultist asked to make sure.

"There are hermetic principles that I can apply so that I get a general sense of what is going on but ultimately, if you set it to activate if I break it, then I think that should work. I don't have any training in the ars of time right now. The best I can approximate my understanding is that your rote will..pause or lengthen in relation to me, the vibration that I am using for the working. It is...lengthened or stretched until it is released, or between vibration and the next." He looked like he was trying to fit it into something he had read, at some point but had no methodology to personally apply or internalize, working it out loud as they conversed. "For my own sake to make some sense of it, I can probably use the last Word of the working while crushing it up. Much like when I worked with a technomancer and they tell me to push a button but in this case I can conceptualize songs and chants much better than their programs."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:02 pm

"My chantrymate should be joining us shortly; if you wish you can also have your apprentice or cabalmate join him to check how things go if that works."

"Very well the we should be able to figure out if someone standing outside of the door can hear those names, if they can then you should probably have someone outside making sure no one walk down this corridor just as you are working or they will hear it by accident."
Loretta said.
"And yes I would like one of my Cabalmates or my apprentice near by but just for a test I am fine with trusting who ever is the ears outside of the room."

"That's correct. I've never tried to be particularly...hypnotic but parts of rituals have different vocal components. For the silence working, I am trying for a larger area than I've previously done. It will take me a while to build it, is there a way that you would like to know that the working is ready to be 'frozen'?"

"Hum...I see, well for the ritual where I will not be using the ear plugs you can have some vocal cue or ring a bell or speak, it matters little as long as you do not bring me completely out of it, most likely I will be able to feel when the spell is ready though if I am part of the ritual, for the one where I will not be hearing, do a hand gesture or touch my shoulder, that should do it."

"There are hermetic principles that I can apply so that I get a general sense of what is going on but ultimately, if you set it to activate if I break it, then I think that should work. I don't have any training in the ars of time right now. The best I can approximate my understanding is that your rote will..pause or lengthen in relation to me, the vibration that I am using for the working. It is...lengthened or stretched until it is released, or between vibration and the next."

"Well it is not exactly how I see it. To me there is not time, there are but only as a way for us humans to understand reality, now and then and far into the future are all happening in an eternal now, however there are dimensions to this single point of time, and all I do is move the spell from this location in the now, to another location. A crude way to look at it is to make a lunch for a picnic, you make the food in the kitchen but then pack it down to eat at another location in space, here I do the same but instead I store the spell to use at another location in time."
Loretta said then she shrugged as she regarded you.
"But frozen vibrations works if that is easier for you to wrap your head around."

"For my own sake to make some sense of it, I can probably use the last Word of the working while crushing it up. Much like when I worked with a technomancer and they tell me to push a button but in this case I can conceptualize songs and chants much better than their programs."

"That will work, such a word should connect you with the now that is here and the now that is then and adding a personal flair should make it easier to control."
Loretta said and nodded.
"Well then Mr Roth Hicks it seams we have a plan."
She said and added a measured smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:44 pm

"And yes I would like one of my Cabalmates or my apprentice near by but just for a test I am fine with trusting who ever is the ears outside of the room."

"Okay."

"Hum...I see, well for the ritual where I will not be using the ear plugs you can have some vocal cue or ring a bell or speak, it matters little as long as you do not bring me completely out of it, most likely I will be able to feel when the spell is ready though if I am part of the ritual, for the one where I will not be hearing, do a hand gesture or touch my shoulder, that should do it."

"I can make a signal with my body, there is one specifically for silence that would work for me that is used to drawn things to a close." He showed her the one that he was thinking of, the sign of silence which would seem to fit. When the time was right. It more or less looked as if he were putting a hand to his lips, a common gesture anyway.

"Well it is not exactly how I see it. To me there is not time, there are but only as a way for us humans to understand reality, now and then and far into the future are all happening in an eternal now, however there are dimensions to this single point of time, and all I do is move the spell from this location in the now, to another location. A crude way to look at it is to make a lunch for a picnic, you make the food in the kitchen but then pack it down to eat at another location in space, here I do the same but instead I store the spell to use at another location in time." Loretta said then she shrugged as she regarded you. "But frozen vibrations works if that is easier for you to wrap your head around."

He gave a bit of a laugh at her last statement. "Getting my head around some things...well, that has led to some beautiful headaches. I am grateful to still be well enough to have had them. But I can extrapolate somewhat from what you said, though but I suppose crude will have to do until I have come into enlightenment with regard to that art. My cabalmate would probably understand better than I do, even if he dislikes the English language's inability to have proper tenses for everything." He shrugged back, raising both is hands up and dropping them to his side. "Anyway, hopefully that is enough not make a mess of things when we make our picnic together." He gave her a sudden smile.

"That will work, such a word should connect you with the now that is here and the now that is then and adding a personal flair should make it easier to control." Loretta said and nodded. "Well then Mr Roth Hicks it seams we have a plan."

He nodded. "Good, let's get started. There's much to do and I don't like leaving people hanging nor keep you from your other tasks."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Colin nodded, "True... Being able to adjust the silver purity on the fly would be a less... personally costly trick than making it outright."
He chuckled, "Well, I would certainly upstage Teddy Roosevelt by far. He was just shot in the chest before a speech, and that apparently turned out pretty memorable. Besides, I seem to be have abundant supplies of some sort of luck, so I'd probably survive. Again. Have no fear; I'm British - we know dark humour. Not as well as the Irish, perhaps, but nevertheless..."

He pondered, "Actually, I think that particular trilogy was written by a woman, but yes. Still, there's enough in there to make one wonder..."
He smiled at Joe and scratched the side of his nose, watching as Joe chewed on his gummies, "Unhurt? Not precisely, I would say... I spent three days in a time bubble of Lady Crexia's making, just waking up after passing out from pure pain. Even the mildest sensory rote itches all over my Avatar, and God only knows how it looks... but it's stronger than before, as unlikely as it seems..."

((OOC: No worries, and a brohoof! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:28 am

It's good to see you have your spirits high. We'll make them proud. he said while waiting the bus

((should we get tot the monday?))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:18 am

Adley:

"I can make a signal with my body, there is one specifically for silence that would work for me that is used to drawn things to a close." He showed her the one that he was thinking of, the sign of silence which would seem to fit. When the time was right. It more or less looked as if he were putting a hand to his lips, a common gesture anyway.

Loretta nodded as she observed your gesture.
"That will work for me Mr Roth Hicks, I will watch for it and do my part when you signal in such a way."
She agreed.

He gave a bit of a laugh at her last statement. "Getting my head around some things...well, that has led to some beautiful headaches. I am grateful to still be well enough to have had them. But I can extrapolate somewhat from what you said, though but I suppose crude will have to do until I have come into enlightenment with regard to that art.

"Sometimes crude works just fine and I will take care of the time element if you want to think of them as magick in a bottle or instant soup magick ready to activate instead that is fine by me unless you need a full understanding of what is going on for the ritual to work."
She said and smiled.

My cabalmate would probably understand better than I do, even if he dislikes the English language's inability to have proper tenses for everything."

"Ah yes well that is a problem really, the I will and I have and I am about to can get mixed up at times."
Loretta said with a bit of a sigh.
"Not that most other languages are better, not the ones I know at least."

He shrugged back, raising both is hands up and dropping them to his side. "Anyway, hopefully that is enough not make a mess of things when we make our picnic together." He gave her a sudden smile.

Loretta gave a sudden laugh at that.
"Indeed, well a messy picnic can be delightful but at times ones need to get things done."

He nodded. "Good, let's get started. There's much to do and I don't like leaving people hanging nor keep you from your other tasks."

"Currently my other tasks involves worry about Molly and doing taxes for Electric Bloom...ehm my nightclub, both are tasks I do not mind being kept from however you do have important things to do Mr Roth Hicks so indeed let us get started."
The Cultist commented.

At about that time there was a knock on the door and Adley gently slid the door open.
"Fran have taken over guard duty as it where, sorry if I am late."
He said and Loretta smiles.
"No no you are just on time my dear."
She said and gave another measured smile.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "True... Being able to adjust the silver purity on the fly would be a less... personally costly trick than making it outright."

"Indeed."

He chuckled, "Well, I would certainly upstage Teddy Roosevelt by far. He was just shot in the chest before a speech, and that apparently turned out pretty memorable. Besides, I seem to be have abundant supplies of some sort of luck, so I'd probably survive. Again. Have no fear; I'm British - we know dark humour. Not as well as the Irish, perhaps, but nevertheless..."

"Well it would be a somewhat memorable speech indeed but yes hopefully no one will decide that is their last resort to take you out."
Daisy said and then chucked.
"Well sometimes that is all you can do with the dark twists and turns of fate, laugh at it and continue with your life until it bite you in the behind which in my case might make fate loose it's teeth."
She said with another slightly bitter chuckle.

He pondered, "Actually, I think that particular trilogy was written by a woman, but yes. Still, there's enough in there to make one wonder..."

"Ah well woman, man, in between it do not really matter unless it is someone I am considering taking to my bed and then I think my girlfriend would protest."
Joe said and shrugged.
"I guess I will see what that content is once I read it."

He smiled at Joe and scratched the side of his nose, watching as Joe chewed on his gummies, "Unhurt? Not precisely, I would say... I spent three days in a time bubble of Lady Crexia's making, just waking up after passing out from pure pain. Even the mildest sensory rote itches all over my Avatar, and God only knows how it looks... but it's stronger than before, as unlikely as it seems..."

"Your Avatar got hurt Mr Wainwright? That just is not good."
Joe said and sounded quite shocked and he stopped chewing on the half eaten gummy work.
"I mean shit that is not good at all what happened?"
He asked.

Hans suddenly leaned forward though to look at a notice that suddenly appeared on his screen.
"Hum...this is most odd."
He said.
"Do you remember the phone my niece wanted me to replay a call from the past from? I just made a little program to let me know if anyone called that number, and someone are...from Boston..."

Tane:

Coawa nodded as he got on the buss and sat down, he did attract a few stares due to his size as he paid for his fare and found a seat.

(OOC: Well there might not be a Monday unless the Nephandi is stopped. Tane is currently at Saturday evening where also the rest of the characters are. We can start with early Sunday but we can not get to far along on that day as what happens on Sunday is pretty dependant on what happens in Chicago though I guess there are some loose ends that can be tied up in Boston.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:28 am

"Sometimes crude works just fine and I will take care of the time element if you want to think of them as magick in a bottle or instant soup magick ready to activate instead that is fine by me unless you need a full understanding of what is going on for the ritual to work."

"I don't need a full understanding, or I would not be able to work with magi that have understandings of spheres I don't. I just need enough to not screw things up between us as we go along, or make too much of a hash of it. The ritual styles I am familiar with have a certain cycles and patterns, though they can be flexed and adapted to an extent. And for the silence one it is simpler."

"Currently my other tasks involves worry about Molly and doing taxes for Electric Bloom...ehm my nightclub, both are tasks I do not mind being kept from however you do have important things to do Mr Roth Hicks so indeed let us get started." The Cultist commented.

He started to reply but then there was a knock at the door. Seeing Adjan on the other side he nodded to him. "Good, we were just discussing how to make this work out for two rotes. I know you and I can work a banishing together and were talking about earplugs. I thought it would be a good idea to test if they would be sufficient to not disclose anything I don't want heard outside of the room. Also that way she can have someone guard the door. Since we're making a backup using a silencing rote, I thought we could use that to test that aspect before we all work together on the banishing. I'll make several passes of the incantation, six I think all together should do it. And you can tell me what you heard. If you don't hear the first segment, then I think we will be good," he explained, looking at him and then the Cultist for input on their ideas so far or if she had anything to add.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:52 am

Colin arched an eyebrow at Joe, "How many things have you heard of that are able to harm an Avatar, son? I expect there aren't many..."
He snapped his head around to Hans' computer screen, "Bloody Hell, the phone we brought back from when we rescued miss Bergen? From Boston, that would mean it's... probably Martha Cunningham. Where is that phone right now?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:01 am

Adley:

"I don't need a full understanding, or I would not be able to work with magi that have understandings of spheres I don't. I just need enough to not screw things up between us as we go along, or make too much of a hash of it. The ritual styles I am familiar with have a certain cycles and patterns, though they can be flexed and adapted to an extent. And for the silence one it is simpler."

"Hum...very well. We should have enough of it hashed out to be able to work together at least. Like I said I am rather flexible, as long as I can go into a trance then I will be able to work magick."
The Cultist said and gave you a bit of a smile that again never touched her eyes.
"We should be good to go."

He started to reply but then there was a knock at the door. Seeing Adjan on the other side he nodded to him. "Good, we were just discussing how to make this work out for two rotes. I know you and I can work a banishing together and were talking about earplugs. I thought it would be a good idea to test if they would be sufficient to not disclose anything I don't want heard outside of the room.

"Testing is a good idea."
Adjan said as he came into the room and closed the door behind him.
"Both if the ear plugs will be enough and also if anyone outside of the room can hear anything, or enough to make out names. Yes we should be able to work together, I can contact the inner archetypes I work with and piggyback on your ritual with that."

Also that way she can have someone guard the door.

"Yes off course."
Adjan said and nodded understandingly to Loretta who gave him a measured smile in return.

Since we're making a backup using a silencing rote, I thought we could use that to test that aspect before we all work together on the banishing. I'll make several passes of the incantation, six I think all together should do it. And you can tell me what you heard. If you don't hear the first segment, then I think we will be good," he explained, looking at him and then the Cultist for input on their ideas so far or if she had anything to add.

"Sounds good to me."
Adjan said and nodded.
"I will go outside the door and see what I can hear."
He agreed and Loretta nodded and stood.
"Well then gentlemen, let us get it done. I will make a hanging spell of your silence rote Mr Roth Hicks and then you can see how it works."
She said and Adjan nodded and gave you a bit of a smile before he headed out the door again.

Colin:

Colin arched an eyebrow at Joe, "How many things have you heard of that are able to harm an Avatar, son? I expect there aren't many..."

"Well there are vampires, a huge blasts of Paradox and...oh fuck..."
Joe said and turned pale as he realized what you where talking about.
"Shit I ehm...did not realize, are you ok?"
He asked and you feel your Avatar's irritation grow, it was rather grumpy at the moment you could feel if that where the right way to describe the emotions of a soul.
"I...ehm...shit someone tried to...well that is quite something and probably not something you want to talk about...ehm sorry for going on about it."
Joe said and looked rather shocked and like if he would not be wanting any more gummy worms anytime soon, or any other food for that matter.

He snapped his head around to Hans' computer screen, "Bloody Hell, the phone we brought back from when we rescued miss Bergen? From Boston, that would mean it's... probably Martha Cunningham. Where is that phone right now?"

"Yeah that phone indeed."
Hans said and then he brought up a map on his computer screen.
"It is in this residential area here, mostly fairly cheap apartment buildings, houses allot of students and a few elderly it seams."
He said and pointed and the place he pointed at the scrren marked an area of the map only two blocks from Steelhaven.
"Say are not your Chantry around this part of town Mr Wainwright?"
Hans asked and glanced at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:52 am

Colin nodded slowly, then chuckled, "Precisely that. And yes, I am fine, except sore. And my Avatar feels annoyed at hearing that question all the time. It's... getting to be a bit much. I was impossibly lucky, though - seems my Avatar knew how to defend us from the attack, while I was not... in the pilot's seat. Still hurt like nothing else..."
He frowned at the screen, "No, I meant the Nephandus' phone... Oh, hell with it, that's two blocks from Steelhaven, tops... If you can pinpoint the call further, I'd appreciate it - I've got to call home."
He quickly rang up Morgan, "Sir, did we extricate Cunningham only to let her slip? Because I see someone calling her apprentice's phone, from the low-cost residential area two blocks east-northeast of home..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:22 am

Colin nodded slowly, then chuckled, "Precisely that. And yes, I am fine, except sore. And my Avatar feels annoyed at hearing that question all the time. It's... getting to be a bit much. I was impossibly lucky, though - seems my Avatar knew how to defend us from the attack, while I was not... in the pilot's seat. Still hurt like nothing else..."

"I see, well I will stop asking about it then. You have a crafty Avatar Mr Wainwright and I am glad you where not seriously hurt."
Joe said and grimaced.
"But yeah that have to have hurt...shit..."

He frowned at the screen, "No, I meant the Nephandus' phone... Oh, hell with it, that's two blocks from Steelhaven, tops... If you can pinpoint the call further, I'd appreciate it - I've got to call home."

"The Nephandus' phone? It is in burner phone hell where it can be retrieved from but where in can not be traced. Miss Adlebloom asked me to get rid of it after we got what we could from it...as for what is calling the number, that would be a pay phone not a cell...I can give you the exact address."
Hans said and brought it up on the screen.
"It is a pay phone by pizza shop....it is on 35 street, number 4."
He said.

He quickly rang up Morgan, "Sir, did we extricate Cunningham only to let her slip? Because I see someone calling her apprentice's phone, from the low-cost residential area two blocks east-northeast of home..."

"Good evening Mr Wainwright..."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"Yes we did, I sent a group to get her and they got her out, but she somehow managed to get out of a car with three mages and run. I have some of the Chantry members out looking for her now...I see I will let them know where the call came from then...thank you."
The old Hermetic said sounding rather tired.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Colin smiled to Joe, "Out cold for three days. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy."
He nodded to Hans, "Perfect, thank you."
He sighed softly, "It's been a long night, hasn't it? She's at the pay phone by the pizza place, number 4, 35th Street. She is still waiting for an answer."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:32 pm

Colin smiled to Joe, "Out cold for three days. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy."

"At least you are still...you know complete."
Joe said and looked uncomfortable.
"No I would not wish it on anyone to have something happen to their Avatars, that is horrible."
He muttered softly probably thinking about the young Nephandus he had helped capture.

He sighed softly, "It's been a long night, hasn't it? She's at the pay phone by the pizza place, number 4, 35th Street. She is still waiting for an answer."

"Yes it have been a long few nights and days Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"Ok I will let those who are out searching for her know, do you have any way of picking up and stalling her until they get there if she gets no reply she will not stay by the pay phone for long, words can not stress how much we need to capture that woman...alive..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Colin nodded, "Let me check, Sir..."
He looked up at Hans, "Can you retrieve the phone? I'll have to answer it, to stall the caller..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:07 pm

Hans nodded.
"I can reroute it to my own phone, it should not be traceable as I will banish the connection spirits that make sure the calls go where they are supposed to."
The Virtual Adept said as he worked. Then the the technomancer's old Nokia rang and he handed it to you.
"Good luck..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:41 pm

Colin nodded and said to Morgan, "Right, I'll try to stall... I'll get back to you. Good luck."
Then he hung up and accepted Hans' phone, "...Ah, hello, Miss Cunningham? I'm afraid your apprentice can't come to the phone right now; it seems he went into hiding instead of leaving for Boston... May I be of assistance?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:06 pm

Colin nodded and said to Morgan, "Right, I'll try to stall... I'll get back to you. Good luck."

"Good, thank you Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and hung up so he could inform those who where out looking for the unfortunate Nephandus where she where currently located.

Then he hung up and accepted Hans' phone, "...Ah, hello, Miss Cunningham? I'm afraid your apprentice can't come to the phone right now; it seems he went into hiding instead of leaving for Boston... May I be of assistance?"

"My apprentice was not sent to Boston? Where is he...and who are you?"
Came a very tired, very sad woman's voice.
"Why do you have his phone?"
The woman asked she sounded scared but her demand to know was rather weak.
"Just tell me that he is safe please..."
She muttered.
"He is the only thing that matters now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:40 pm

Colin sighed, "Your apprentice sought outside help, and left his phone behind. I cannot say where he is, but... I'm convinced neither Abigail, the Italians, nor the Technocracy or Traditions can find him for some time. His Avatar is unscathed."
He glanced at Hans and Joe for a moment, "If it doesn't seem terribly straining, miss Cunningham, would you mind answering a few questions for me? I would like to know if you are informed of the precise location Larson is holding a couple of hostages..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Colin sighed, "Your apprentice sought outside help, and left his phone behind. I cannot say where he is, but... I'm convinced neither Abigail, the Italians, nor the Technocracy or Traditions can find him for some time. His Avatar is unscathed."

Martha whimpered when you mentioned the Italians and she started sobbing slightly.
"H...he is safe, David is safe?"
She managed though it was hard to hear her words for her sobbing.
"His Avatar is safe?"

He glanced at Hans and Joe for a moment, "If it doesn't seem terribly straining, miss Cunningham, would you mind answering a few questions for me? I would like to know if you are informed of the precise location Larson is holding a couple of hostages..."

Hans looks at you, Joe seamed a bit spooked at the conversation with a Nephandus.
"I...I do not know...I was not at the Boston Labyrinth long before Larson...Larson...gave me to the..."
Her sobbing grew louder and she stopped talking.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:22 pm

"Both if the ear plugs will be enough and also if anyone outside of the room can hear anything, or enough to make out names. Yes we should be able to work together, I can contact the inner archetypes I work with and piggyback on your ritual with that."

He nodded. "I'll use the same basic structure as we did before, then."

"Sounds good to me." Adjan said and nodded. "I will go outside the door and see what I can hear."
He agreed and Loretta nodded and stood. "Well then gentlemen, let us get it done. I will make a hanging spell of your silence rote Mr Roth Hicks and then you can see how it works.

"Thank you both," he said. "I'll start after you close the door," he said to Adjan. Once the door was shut, he turned to Loretta and gave her a nod. He began to make shapes with his hands for Auram and Rego as he spoke an incantation from the Mithras Liturgy from the Greek Papyri. After what the Chief had told him of the Cult's ancient roots he figured that those words might work. Plus the Greek had a good stretch of words and repetitions that might be good for trance. Turning to each of the Directions from him as the center point, not unlike the star shape they'd landed on when they first got to Morningstar.

"Silence! Silence! Silence! Symbol of the living, incorruptible god! Guard me, Silence; NECHTHEIR THANMELOY! PROPROPHEGGE MORIOS PROPHYR PROPHEGGE NEMETHIRE ARPSENTEN PTTETMI MEOY ENARTH PHYRKECHO PSYRIDARIO, TYRE PHILBA! Silence! Silence! I am a star, wandering about with you and shining forth out of the deep, OXYO XERTHEYTH. Silence, Silence..." He paused for a moment and then started again, turning towards the next Direction and repeated the process.

At first it was what he'd become used to being 'normal' for him, then as he thought about the sound blanket reaching out further from himself, by line of sound, his voice got louder and more pervasive, impressing the area with it his mix of resonance. If the Cultist had been perplexed as to why he'd not spoken anything in the other room, it might be more than apparent now as they worked. He built it as far as he could, going for a room size, until he gave the signal they had agreed upon, which was the same one in both versions of the working.

// 9, 6, 6 - 3, 9, 9-  1, 9, 8 - similar spell to the previous version of the silence spell but using correspondence/line of sound

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Colin paused, only for the briefest moment, "He's safe for now... I can't promise anything beyond that."
He waited for Martha to try to compose herself, "Martha, some associates of mine want to ask you a few questions about what Larson is up to... I want you to cooperate with them; they are your best chance of seeing justice for your Avatar, and those of your friends."

((OOC: How can you tell Adley cast a silence spell? Nobody can hear a thing except that faint ringing in their ears... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next