Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 8 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Adley Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:00 am

He smiled thinly, "You're at the eye of a particularly nasty storm - I don't think it conceited at all to suggest we can't afford you getting taken out by a legal technicality."

He frowned. "Something like that..."

"Hum...getting a view can be hard...but perhaps through here. It is that house over there I think, the white one with the green windows and blue curtains."

"Well, we're going to need to be somewhere that you and the nanites can provide us backup and a lookout...plus if we're hurt or you need help that's a fair way to travel." He frowned.

"Do you want me to dispell the scrambling rote then when we have parked so the vampire can be teleported to the car?" Adjan asked.

"I think we'll have to, since we might need to call her...though some other type of cover would be welcome. What do you think, Colin it's your rote?"

"I...do not like the thought of keeping someone staked longer than they have to be, but granted some of it might also be my personal guilt over my former profession bubbling to the surface, I do believe that option two have a greater chance of getting this vampire to cooperate with us willingly." She said then she sigh."And you know most of us here can protect ourselves right?"

"Of course we should each try to protect ourselves as best we can, but we're stronger together. I need to protect you, so you can protect me. Or patch me up, if I need it, let's hope we don't any of us need your special skills but the point stands."

"That is the job of his House Krissy." She just said.

He nodded at that. "Very well, what do you think Colin?" Then he said, "All in favor of option one say aye or nay."

"If that white house with the green windowsills are the right one that is?" You do think that it is the right one indeed

"Yes, here is the map," he said, retrieving it from his phone. "And I will need a stone to give to the elemental to deposit on him, if that should work. Also, when I call them I will need to keep their names secret, which is not going to be possible down in the sewer," he said, looking thoughtful. "Well, let's have a look at those wards and see what we're dealing with, then... I'll think of a plan B if I have to call them around you all..."

// busy this weekend and then had/have a nasty headache, sorry for delay. Or maybe it's trying to be a sinus cold thing, I'm not sure. But it's gross and I'm cranky xD

@Warp awesome, it is a great tattoo ^_^

Adley

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 8 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:51 am

"Well, we're going to need to be somewhere that you and the nanites can provide us backup and a lookout...plus if we're hurt or you need help that's a fair way to travel." He frowned.

"Well through here I should be able to see it the entrance to the storm drain well enough."
Kristina said and nodded.

"I think we'll have to, since we might need to call her...though some other type of cover would be welcome. What do you think, Colin it's your rote?"

"I still have that rote that lessen the chance of the vehicle being noticed I can leave that one up and take down the scrambling rote."
Adjan suggested.

"Of course we should each try to protect ourselves as best we can, but we're stronger together. I need to protect you, so you can protect me. Or patch me up, if I need it, let's hope we don't any of us need your special skills but the point stands."

Kristina just nodded at that.

He nodded at that. "Very well, what do you think Colin?" Then he said, "All in favor of option one say aye or nay."

"Option one, we need to play this as safely as possible considering what is at stake if the Nephandi get their way."
Adjan said and sigh.
"Option two I think trying to cooperate with this vampire is valuable."
Kristina said.
"Option one I can try to make him more comfortable, I will be willing to eat the Paradox of that."
Cara said and looked down.
"I am fine with either way though given the choice between risking being a pawn in the destruction of the world and pain I would personally choose pain so I guess I am for option one, though I mean this vampire no harm."
Daisy said and gave a deep sigh.

"Yes, here is the map," he said, retrieving it from his phone. "And I will need a stone to give to the elemental to deposit on him, if that should work.

Kristina looked at the map and nodded.
"Yeah it should be the house over there..."
She said as she gave the map another glance then she pulled the two stones she had showed you earlier out of her pouch and handed them to you.
"These should do the trick."

Also, when I call them I will need to keep their names secret, which is not going to be possible down in the sewer," he said, looking thoughtful. "Well, let's have a look at those wards and see what we're dealing with, then... I'll think of a plan B if I have to call them around you all..."

"Can you do it in the van? You would be fairly protected there and you can cast a rote to keep sound from leaking out."
Kristina suggested.
"And the rest of us can stay on guard outside...though it might be better to wait until we know if the wards will hurt them."

(OOC: Do not worry about the delay get well soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:44 pm

He grinned, "Quite alright. Though, I suppose trial by fire is still fairly common in the Traditions - especially in House Flambeau and the like - as a final test of ability, to show one deserves to be a full member, rather than as a way to resolve a matter of dispute between individuals."
He nodded, "Oh, I'll certainly need to draw a custom circle for more complex work, but I don't rely only on circles - for some things, a wand will be more appropriate, I think. Or other classical Foci, for that matter."
He grinned to Kristina, "I'm not sure making us younger would be worth the Paradox, really... But yes, stay out of sight and be ready to move at a moments notice to back us up if something happens."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Best drop the scrambler rote for now. It's most effective to prevent magical tracking, in any case. When the car is standing still in plain sight, it offers little to no benefit, relative to the communications impairment it causes. We'll likely want to fire it up again when we're leaving, though, when we've retrieved our target and have to make haste. Keeping up the one that makes the van less likely to be looked at is probably more useful for the time being."
He pondered for a moment, "I'll support whatever you decide on, Adley. I've raised the issues I've seen as necessary to consider, but ultimately... in this case I think perhaps you're the one of us who ultimately has the only right and obligation to make the call. I know it may sound as dodging the decision-making, but given what I know of the context, you are really the one with the insights and connections to most accurately work out the consequences before committing to a course of action."

((OOC: Yeah, get well soon, Adley. And yeah, it IS a cool tattoo. Replaced my Avatar with the Chibi-me I got today, though. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:39 am

He grinned, "Quite alright. Though, I suppose trial by fire is still fairly common in the Traditions - especially in House Flambeau and the like - as a final test of ability, to show one deserves to be a full member, rather than as a way to resolve a matter of dispute between individuals."

"Yes for apprentice Gauntlets both within the Order of Hermes and for others it is still rather common."
Cara said and nodded.
"But as a legal procedure not that many use it anymore, not outside of the Akashic Brotherhood and the Verbena at least."
She commented and Kristina nodded.
"Yeah we do that."
She muttered.

He nodded, "Oh, I'll certainly need to draw a custom circle for more complex work, but I don't rely only on circles - for some things, a wand will be more appropriate, I think. Or other classical Foci, for that matter."

Cara nodded at that.
"Ah classical tools yes, well I guess pre prepared circles can work for something simple but yes for more complex work I need to imbue it with intent."

He grinned to Kristina, "I'm not sure making us younger would be worth the Paradox, really... But yes, stay out of sight and be ready to move at a moments notice to back us up if something happens."

"Oh I do not know Mr Wainwright, it might be amusing, especially with baby Criamon here."
She said and Cara gave the Verbena a friendly scowl.
"But yes I will stay out of sight and be ready."
Kristina promised.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Best drop the scrambler rote for now. It's most effective to prevent magical tracking, in any case. When the car is standing still in plain sight, it offers little to no benefit, relative to the communications impairment it causes. We'll likely want to fire it up again when we're leaving, though, when we've retrieved our target and have to make haste. Keeping up the one that makes the van less likely to be looked at is probably more useful for the time being."

Adjan nodded and pulled his dice out of a pocket and begun to take the scrambler rote down, he rolled the pieces of bones a few times then nodded.
"I agree it is more trouble than boon to leave the scrambler rote up at the moment but yes re casting it once we have the vampire and are ready to move again might be wise."

He pondered for a moment, "I'll support whatever you decide on, Adley. I've raised the issues I've seen as necessary to consider, but ultimately... in this case I think perhaps you're the one of us who ultimately has the only right and obligation to make the call. I know it may sound as dodging the decision-making, but given what I know of the context, you are really the one with the insights and connections to most accurately work out the consequences before committing to a course of action."

The other magi looks at you a bit strangely when you say this, though no one asks anything, they assume you have information they do not, and that it might be something the young Flambeau do not want to be shared.

(OOC: Well that is adorable, and accurate.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Ummm ok, Strawberry? If you need a place to stay, or to be hidden or if you need to get some help, you can ask me. I got a lot more of beings that are staying at my house, like a refuge. We are looking for the same perdón that killed Bobby so maybe we could help each other too
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Ummm ok, Strawberry? If you need a place to stay, or to be hidden or if you need to get some help, you can ask me. I got a lot more of beings that are staying at my house, like a refuge.

"Do you got any food at that place?"
Strawberry asked and looked at you, she still seamed rather nervous but at least she was not running away and she seamed to be intrigued by your offer.
"Finding shelter is not that hard I am small I can hide anywhere but food is harder to find."

We are looking for the same perdón that killed Bobby so maybe we could help each other too

Strawberry's eyes darkened for a moment and then she looked sad.
"I want the guy who killed Bobby to pay for it."
She muttered.
"He was a good guy, he helped me...ok Mister...I will help you find that guy...ehm...I still want food though."
The little Ratkin said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:13 pm

"I still have that rote that lessen the chance of the vehicle being noticed I can leave that one up and take down the scrambling rote." Adjan suggested.

"Ah sorry, I didn't realise you did both. Good then."

"I agree it is more trouble than boon to leave the scrambler rote up at the moment but yes re casting it once we have the vampire and are ready to move again might be wise.

"Yes, if we need to move him to the car and take him that way, then that is the best thing to do."

"Option one, we need to play this as safely as possible considering what is at stake if the Nephandi get their way."
Adjan said and sigh.
"Option two I think trying to cooperate with this vampire is valuable."
Kristina said.
"Option one I can try to make him more comfortable, I will be willing to eat the Paradox of that."
Cara said and looked down.
"I am fine with either way though given the choice between risking being a pawn in the destruction of the world and pain I would personally choose pain so I guess I am for option one, though I mean this vampire no harm.

He nodded, then gave Colin a look. "It actually makes it a lot harder. A lot harder." It was, he thought, like having all his logic and emotions mixed into a blender and someone hit frappe without putting the lid on it. "Care to outline your concerns again?" he asked. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, fighting off a wave of decision fatigue. He couldn't afford it and was stubborn enough to keep going anyway but not stupid enough to ignore the fact that he was starting to lose some mental acuity.

"If we go with a slightly modified option one, we could have him transported to the car first and met with one of the elementals to keep everyone safe while we extract ourselves. Mrs Knox can check him out for tracers and explain what is going on, that he is being moved to a safer place and temporarily will have to stay the way he is until we can secure another location for him. That can mean either going to France, or to another place that we can secure in advance where we can have a bit of a chat. Thing is, it would be better if Mrs Knox or someone could go back with him if we're going to ask him to teleport straight home to ensure his needs are seen to and that he is not treated as a prisoner. Hopefully it would also build some modicum of trust, so he doesn't think we're teleporting him into a black hole and maybe he will cooperate. Otherwise, we'll all be in the car, and hopefully we will be in a position to do that anyway."

"Can you do it in the van? You would be fairly protected there and you can cast a rote to keep sound from leaking out."
Kristina suggested. "And the rest of us can stay on guard outside...though it might be better to wait until we know if the wards will hurt them."

"I can cast it in here, yes. Two things. One, I would rather eat the paradox due to emergencies. I'm starting to accrue more than I want to carry and backlashing sucks, I've already got some coming to me and the night is young. Two, the wards are a more critical issue. I don't want the elementals harmed due to something preventable, I promised I would take good care of them and to me they are a part of our team. So I'd like to know if I'm asking them to arrive through an equivalent of a barbwire fence first. Hrm...I have an idea. Maybe it will work..." he said, brows drawing down together. "You ever wish you think of something before, only to think of it later?" he grumbled, pulling out a piece of paper.

Kristina looked at the map and nodded. "Yeah it should be the house over there..."She said as she gave the map another glance then she pulled the two stones she had showed you earlier out of her pouch and handed them to you."These should do the trick.

"Thank you," he said and took them. "As long as you are able to get our backs and us yours. I should be able to communicate with the elementals, and the Deaconess the nanites. Now, if we have to go through things the hard way...take Carmon bodily as there is something preventing teleportation, that will keep some of our hands busy."

// I slept for about 12 hours straight. Thank you NyQuil. And now I seem to be better and had a short hike with my dogger. So I guess it was a lurgy and not allergies. Now if I can stop my boss from coming in sick all the time...last time I said if he wasn't gonna take his sick day, I would take it and stay home and healthy.

@warp, that new avvie is adorkable, I love it. The artist did a good job ^_^ Shoot, now I want to see chibi versions of all our characters.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:54 pm

"Ah sorry, I didn't realise you did both. Good then."

"Colin taught me the rote so his...ehm itch would not get aggravated more than he have to so I took care of hiding the car."
Adjan explained.

"Yes, if we need to move him to the car and take him that way, then that is the best thing to do."

Adjan nodded at that.

"Care to outline your concerns again?" he asked. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, fighting off a wave of decision fatigue. He couldn't afford it and was stubborn enough to keep going anyway but not stupid enough to ignore the fact that he was starting to lose some mental acuity.

"Well to go through the short version. My concern about keeping Carmon staked, beside the straight up ethical concerns is that he might become hostile towards us and also we reduce the chance that he will be willing to talk with us and give us whatever information he might have about our enemies. The concerns about the second option is that since the Chief will not let us bring a elder Tremere to Morningstar unless he is staked we need to bring him somewhere else and release him, and there is a chance he will turn against us then, and also a chance the Nephandi will catch up with us making it a less safe option."
Kristina muttered.

"If we go with a slightly modified option one, we could have him transported to the car first and met with one of the elementals to keep everyone safe while we extract ourselves. Mrs Knox can check him out for tracers and explain what is going on, that he is being moved to a safer place and temporarily will have to stay the way he is until we can secure another location for him. That can mean either going to France, or to another place that we can secure in advance where we can have a bit of a chat.

Kristina nodded.
"It might work to calm him down, convince him we are not enemies...perhaps."
She said and nodded though she clearly did not like the thought of leaving Carmon staked.
"We might still end up with the issue of him being hostile towards us but it is better than nothing and I do have some experience in calming vampires down."
She added.

hing is, it would be better if Mrs Knox or someone could go back with him if we're going to ask him to teleport straight home to ensure his needs are seen to and that he is not treated as a prisoner. Hopefully it would also build some modicum of trust, so he doesn't think we're teleporting him into a black hole and maybe he will cooperate. Otherwise, we'll all be in the car, and hopefully we will be in a position to do that anyway."

"I do not mind teleporting back with him, I trust Master Harris' skill, he will get us where we need to be, and like I said I am used to vampires, including how to treat a staked one to make them as comfortable as possible, I might be able to convince this man that we do not mean him harm, if we are not going for option two, getting him somewhere safe and secure as soon as possible is better for us and it is better for him, it might reduce his panic considerably if he can be convinced that he is somewhat safe."
Kristina muttered.

"I can cast it in here, yes. Two things. One, I would rather eat the paradox due to emergencies. I'm starting to accrue more than I want to carry and backlashing sucks, I've already got some coming to me and the night is young. Two, the wards are a more critical issue. I don't want the elementals harmed due to something preventable, I promised I would take good care of them and to me they are a part of our team. So I'd like to know if I'm asking them to arrive through an equivalent of a barbwire fence first.

"Yeah Paradox sucks."
Kristina muttered darkly.
"So what you are thinking is that we check things out before you call the elementals? And I agree they are a part of our team and I do not want any harm to come to them either."
Adjan said.
"Though getting to a place where you can have privacy to summon them might be even harder away from the car."
He added.

Hrm...I have an idea. Maybe it will work..." he said, brows drawing down together. "You ever wish you think of something before, only to think of it later?" he grumbled, pulling out a piece of paper.

"Yeah...I have often wished that."
Adjan muttered.
"What is this idea of your Adley, have you figured out a place to call the elementals safely and in privacy?"
He asked and gave you a curious look.

"Thank you," he said and took them. "As long as you are able to get our backs and us yours. I should be able to communicate with the elementals, and the Deaconess the nanites. Now, if we have to go through things the hard way...take Carmon bodily as there is something preventing teleportation, that will keep some of our hands busy."

"I should be able to cover your backs from here yes."
Kristina said and Daisy nodded.
"I will be able to know what is going on here at the van through my little friends Mr Roth Hicks so do not worry about that."
She added.
"If we are bringing the vampire back here by carrying him we are going to have to hide him somehow or the neighbors might just call the police on us if they see us carrying a dead and impaled man around and that will not be good, but I guess the same rote I used on the car should work on us as we make our retreat."
Adjan said and scratched his head.

(OOC: I hope you get well soon Strife. Yeah if someone are contagious they should stay home.)

(OOC: Yeah that would be adorable, chibi mages. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:12 am

We have, little one. Ok, first of all let's check this placer, alright? he said and started looking for a place to start looking into
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:05 am

Strawberry smiles to you.
"Very well we should search and see what we find then and then food."
She agreed.

(Please give me a Perception plus Alertness roll for when Tane go through the Tatkin's trailer.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:18 pm

"Well to go through the short version. My concern about keeping Carmon staked, beside the straight up ethical concerns is that he might become hostile towards us and also we reduce the chance that he will be willing to talk with us and give us whatever information he might have about our enemies. The concerns about the second option is that since the Chief will not let us bring a elder Tremere to Morningstar unless he is staked we need to bring him somewhere else and release him, and there is a chance he will turn against us then, and also a chance the Nephandi will catch up with us making it a less safe option."

"I was speaking to Colin, though that is helpful," he said with a nod.

"It might work to calm him down, convince him we are not enemies...perhaps." She said and nodded though she clearly did not like the thought of leaving Carmon staked. "We might still end up with the issue of him being hostile towards us but it is better than nothing and I do have some experience in calming vampires down.

"You can tell him that it is temporary. We have to consider we may have wounded and need to get back home, as well, so I don't want to promise him we're going to take him somewhere else right off the bat though if we take him then it might still be possible to arrange to release him to another area. I hope he will talk with us first, though...Perhaps we can find a way for me to converse with him, though I am not sure if I will make him more or less upset."

"I do not mind teleporting back with him, I trust Master Harris' skill, he will get us where we need to be, and like I said I am used to vampires, including how to treat a staked one to make them as comfortable as possible, I might be able to convince this man that we do not mean him harm, if we are not going for option two, getting him somewhere safe and secure as soon as possible is better for us and it is better for him, it might reduce his panic considerably if he can be convinced that he is somewhat safe."

"That would be the best outcome, I do not want him going alone. Not again," he said frowning.

"So what you are thinking is that we check things out before you call the elementals? And I agree they are a part of our team and I do not want any harm to come to them either." Adjan said.

He gave a nod.

"What is this idea of your Adley, have you figured out a place to call the elementals safely and in privacy?" He asked and gave you a curious look.

"Maybe." He folded the notebook close to him and drew out a circle on one of the pages, then added writing to it, taking care to conceal what he was doing. "I think so..."

"I should be able to cover your backs from here yes." Kristina said and Daisy nodded. "I will be able to know what is going on here at the van through my little friends Mr Roth Hicks so do not worry about that." She added.

'I am worried that we are leaving someone here without backup," he admitted.

"If we are bringing the vampire back here by carrying him we are going to have to hide him somehow or the neighbors might just call the police on us if they see us carrying a dead and impaled man around and that will not be good, but I guess the same rote I used on the car should work on us as we make our retreat."

"That would raise a few eyebrows if seen and left unattended, yes. Casting on the vampire is unpleasant as well, so that might be the bet way to go..."

// pretty much better with another good sleep but sadly, back to work-week already!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm

ROll: 1 6 5 3

Fuck
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Adley:

"I was speaking to Colin, though that is helpful," he said with a nod.

"Ah...forgive me I misunderstood your question."
Kristina said and gave you and apologetic smile.

"You can tell him that it is temporary. We have to consider we may have wounded and need to get back home, as well, so I don't want to promise him we're going to take him somewhere else right off the bat though if we take him then it might still be possible to arrange to release him to another area. I hope he will talk with us first, though...Perhaps we can find a way for me to converse with him, though I am not sure if I will make him more or less upset."

"I will tell him we will treat him well and will release him soon, but yes our own wounded off course take precedence and we do not know if we are going to be perused or what our situation will be."
Kristina said and sigh then she nodded.
"Like I said most likely he can speak telepathically the question is if you are comfortable with that. I can translate if you will I am used to such conversation but off course any conversation had through a third party are bound to end up with some misunderstandings. Usually anything that will take a vampire's mind of well the sensations of being staked is going to calm them but then again talking about what hae happened might not. I will ask him and we will see."

"That would be the best outcome, I do not want him going alone. Not again," he said frowning.

Kristina give you a bit of an odd look not understanding what you where saying then she nodded.
"I will take care of him...and getting him somewhere calm and safe will help, you can imagine it yourself if you where paralyzed in pain and helpless you would feel better somewhere quiet and safe than in the hands of those who have hurt you or in a full car with strangers yapping."
She said and sigh.

"Maybe." He folded the notebook close to him and drew out a circle on one of the pages, then added writing to it, taking care to conceal what he was doing. "I think so..."

Adjan looked away when he realized that you wanted to keep what you where drawings secret and he busied himself with a last minute check that his weapons where in order.
"Good..."

'I am worried that we are leaving someone here without backup," he admitted.

"If it will allow you to put your mind at rest Mr Roth Hicks my nanites have a combative function as well and I have programmed them to protect Mrs Knox if need be as well as alert me that something is wrong."
Daisy said and Kristina gave the lace dressed cyborg a nod.
"Thank you Deaconess Darnell."
Daisy nodded again.
"Do not mention it Mrs Knox."

"That would raise a few eyebrows if seen and left unattended, yes. Casting on the vampire is unpleasant as well, so that might be the bet way to go..."

"Yeah that will be the underworld energies you feel when casting on them, death tainted Quintessence, it is never pleasant but I am fairly used to it."
Adjan said then he looked down at his far to pale hand.
"To used to it."
He muttered glumly.

(OOC: I am glad you are feeling better. Sorry for the late reply I was at a crafting event at the local free range nut farm, aka the psychiatric day center.)

Tane:

You have a look at the trailer, there is a bed in a back section beside the bed on a small table there where a book on motorcycle repair, there is a family picture with allot of kids on the wall, and a two year old bikini calendar. The bathroom, a tiny little closet are rather dirty and the kitchen are full of canned food. There is a small flat screen on the wall in the living room section and allot of papers all over the table that Strawberry had been going through, but you do not really find anything of particular interest.
"Hum...his computer is not here, though I guess the police might have taken it and there are not phone either."
Alessa commented.
"Yeah there are a few things missing..."
Strawberry muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:43 am

Maybe oyur sister took it, alessa? we need to get the intel and know if the police or the girl has them
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:05 am

"I can call my contact and see if I can find out if the police have his computer and phone."
Alessa said and pulled her phone out of her expensive leather purse.
"In the meantime if you could check the spirit world just to see if there is anything out of the ordinary?"
She asked as she dial her contact's number.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:17 pm

((OOC: Sorry I didn't get around to posting earlier - con fatigue on Sunday, and since the ventilation system's been out at work since Thursday afternoon, oxygen levels in the printroom are creeping toward 2%... :/ Hopefully, the A/C guy shows up today. If not, I might have to hunt him down and proctologically lodge the dodgy motor in his trachea or something... ))

Colin smiled, "Even if I were to make pre-made templates as such, I'd still need to prepare them with intent - though it would obviously be the intent of the working, not the intent of the objective of said working. It does offer a little more flexibility through preparation; tactical purposes in combat in particular."
He nodded to Adley, "Oh, it certainly is complicated... But my concerns, as such, can be easily summed up thusly: Getting Carmon out of the cell is the simple part, relatively speaking. Assuming we get him clear to the van and manage to escape the storm drain with a certain degree of efficiency - preferably without any conflict in the process, but let's not be too overly optimistic about that part - the complications become more apparent. I'm given to understand Carmon can be an asset in dealing with Nicolai, and a means of if not controlling the vampire situation in Chicago then at least monitoring it if we get him out, keep him clear of the Nephandi plot long enough, and return him. On the other hand, there's the Hermetic Code issue, further complicated by his origins, meaning that he, er, needs to be ended. But he's liable to possess a great deal of information we might need on Nicolai's proclivities, and killing him might cause some... grievance between your contact's faction and yourself. It would smoothly resolve the issue of the blood-gorged sacrificial energizer bunny, though. And as I said, a lot of things seem to have come full circle... My best advice is that we find the means to question Carmon once we have him ushered someplace relatively safe, and then you decide..."
He arched an eyebrow, "I often think of something later, and wish I'd thought of it a little sooner. Recently, though, it seems I've been getting reminders from the future about the most crucial of those things... to be honest, I'm a trifle concerned about the paradox of that, stable loops or not..."
He frowned, "I think ideally, we get to teleport Carmon straight into the van - I believe Master Harris would be sufficiently familiar with it. Saves on the lugging and the observation risk."

((OOC2: Yeah, it IS kind of adorkable. A chibi-Cabal would probably look a lot like an early (NES/SNES-era or thereabouts) Final Fantasy party or something... Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Colin smiled, "Even if I were to make pre-made templates as such, I'd still need to prepare them with intent - though it would obviously be the intent of the working, not the intent of the objective of said working. It does offer a little more flexibility through preparation; tactical purposes in combat in particular."

"Hum...well yes I can see your meaning Mr Wainwright, I guess we all have our ways of doing things, another Hermetic I know got a set of wooden train toy tracks and painted the symbols he use the most on them so he can easily lay down a circle with them. I prefer to use chalk though or just draw it on paper."
Cara said and nodded.

He nodded to Adley, "Oh, it certainly is complicated... But my concerns, as such, can be easily summed up thusly: Getting Carmon out of the cell is the simple part, relatively speaking. Assuming we get him clear to the van and manage to escape the storm drain with a certain degree of efficiency - preferably without any conflict in the process, but let's not be too overly optimistic about that part - the complications become more apparent. I'm given to understand Carmon can be an asset in dealing with Nicolai, and a means of if not controlling the vampire situation in Chicago then at least monitoring it if we get him out, keep him clear of the Nephandi plot long enough, and return him.

"Well I doubt Carmon will be much use in keeping tabs on the vampire situation in Chicago in general as it was Prince Lodin who ordered his execution, yes that was probably done to please his new Fallen allies but even so he can not just smoothly get back into vampire society here in this city."
Kristina said and sigh.
"But he might be an ally in fighting Nicolai and he might know more about what is going on with the little brat."
She said in a tone of voice that said she was not the vampiric child's biggest fan.
"Not that I will but in to the conversation with your Cabalmate to much. I would say though that I do not think killing this vampire is a good idea...not unless we have no other choice to keep him out of Nephandi hands or he well...wants and end to it himself."
The Verbena muttered sadly.

He arched an eyebrow, "I often think of something later, and wish I'd thought of it a little sooner. Recently, though, it seems I've been getting reminders from the future about the most crucial of those things... to be honest, I'm a trifle concerned about the paradox of that, stable loops or not..."

"Someone is getting the Paradox...future you or another but yes if the visions come from yourself in the future do expect a big headache at some point...or blowing up or well...other peculiarities."
Adjan muttered and gave you a half concerned half amused look.
"Your visions have proven very useful though Colin so it might just be worth it...though I am really not the one to speak about that, it is your Paradox issue."

He frowned, "I think ideally, we get to teleport Carmon straight into the van - I believe Master Harris would be sufficiently familiar with it. Saves on the lugging and the observation risk."

"If option two are still on the table yes, if we are only considering option one then it will probably cause less stress for him to be teleported directly to Morningstar...off course that do mean we can not check him for arcane connections or rotes first so you may be right that having Master Harris teleport him to the van is probably the safest and then to Morningstar from here but then again that is two rotes and double the Paradox."
Kristina muttered.

(OOC: Well that sounds unpleasant indeed.)
(OOC: Yes that do sound like a Final Fantasy party Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:30 am

"Ah...forgive me I misunderstood your question." Kristina said and gave you and apologetic smile.

"It's alright."

He nodded to Adley, "Oh, it certainly is complicated... But my concerns, as such, can be easily summed up thusly: Getting Carmon out of the cell is the simple part, relatively speaking... My best advice is that we find the means to question Carmon once we have him ushered someplace relatively safe, and then you decide..."

"Very well."

"I will tell him we will treat him well and will release him soon, but yes our own wounded off course take precedence and we do not know if we are going to be perused or what our situation will be." Kristina said and sigh then she nodded.

"There's also that, yes."

"Like I said most likely he can speak telepathically the question is if you are comfortable with that. I can translate if you will I am used to such conversation but off course any conversation had through a third party are bound to end up with some misunderstandings. Usually anything that will take a vampire's mind of well the sensations of being staked is going to calm them but then again talking about what hae happened might not. I will ask him and we will see."

"As long as my private affairs are kept that way," he said. "Otherwise we can translate. He can, after all hear me at least."

"I will take care of him...and getting him somewhere calm and safe will help, you can imagine it yourself if you where paralyzed in pain and helpless you would feel better somewhere quiet and safe than in the hands of those who have hurt you or in a full car with strangers yapping."

"True."

"Yes, I just meant if we were not able to teleport him. Always a chance of that."

Adjan looked away when he realized that you wanted to keep what you where drawings secret and he busied himself with a last minute check that his weapons where in order."Good..."

He spent a moment concentrating on something he was inscribing, a little frown on his face as he wrote out his calling circle.

"If it will allow you to put your mind at rest Mr Roth Hicks my nanites have a combative function as well and I have programmed them to protect Mrs Knox if need be as well as alert me that something is wrong."

"It does, good."

"Yeah that will be the underworld energies you feel when casting on them, death tainted Quintessence, it is never pleasant but I am fairly used to it." Adjan said then he looked down at his far to pale hand. "To used to it."

He looked over at Adjan from his work as he gave it a once over, concerned.

"I don't know how I feel about it. No, that's not true. I do. I don't like it, though it's saved our asses...there are an equal number of other things I can't say I want to come to pass. That's for later though..."

"If option two are still on the table yes, if we are only considering option one then it will probably cause less stress for him to be teleported directly to Morningstar...off course that do mean we can not check him for arcane connections or rotes first so you may be right that having Master Harris teleport him to the van is probably the safest and then to Morningstar from here but then again that is two rotes and double the Paradox."

"Good summation..." He took the paper he was drawing on and folded it carefully into quarters with the north section on top folded inward, and jabbed the pen away. He put the notepaper into his pocket as he spoke. "So first thing first, we check out what these wards are made up of and their extent. Then if it is safe to call the elementals or not...figure out how to take the ward down. It might bear checking to see if it is safe to teleport or move Carmon first, if we're able. A scan with prime at least. There might be traps directly on him or in the nearby area that may trigger without proper protocols. I can try to see if the elementals can help with that..." he looked thoughtful.

//@warp -figured you were just con-ned out, hope it was fun ^_^ Sorry to hear about the A/C situation, that sounds as awful as being slow roasted in your own sweat.

Yeah little 8-bit sprites! Dibs on Red Mage for Adley >.> And sorry myself I didn't get to finish my post this am and just got in. My dog needed to investigate every blade of grass this morning.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:42 am

Doing it! he said, and sat. He started chanting, performing a natural movement of sounds that seemed to resonate with the current place. It was a sad song, a desperated song that was not completelly lost. There was a little hope of a better tomorrow in these people, with helped him a little. The vibrations grew strong and the spirits started moving. Tane opened his eyes again.

Arete 3:
5, 6, 7
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:50 am

Adley:

"As long as my private affairs are kept that way," he said. "Otherwise we can translate. He can, after all hear me at least."

"While some vampires can read minds as well, generally their abilities are static, so the ones that learn how to be telepathic can only use it to communicate unless they create a new spell as we would see it to do it differently so I think your private affairs will remind so even if you communicate telepathically with him."

"Yes, I just meant if we were not able to teleport him. Always a chance of that."

"Off course if Master Harris can not teleport him then we need to get him to the car and get out of here as soon as possible."
The Verbena said and nodded.

"It does, good."

Daisy nodded at that.

He looked over at Adjan from his work as he gave it a once over, concerned.

"I will be fine for a while longer."
Adjan muttered then he sigh.
"Eventually I have to try to bleed of some Resonance though but that is nothing to worry about right now."

"So first thing first, we check out what these wards are made up of and their extent. Then if it is safe to call the elementals or not...figure out how to take the ward down. It might bear checking to see if it is safe to teleport or move Carmon first, if we're able. A scan with prime at least. There might be traps directly on him or in the nearby area that may trigger without proper protocols. I can try to see if the elementals can help with that..." he looked thoughtful.

"So to put it plainly we get down there and do some Prime scans?"
Adjan said and stood.
"We should probably get going then at least we will know if it is safe for your spirit friends Adley and then they might be able to tell us mote about the situation inside of the basement itself, we need to make sure we are not discovered pocking around though and it would be bad if they discover us messing with their wards as then we might need to do things in a bit of a hurry."
He added then Kristina spoke up.
"Just one thing Adley, how long will it take to call the Brothers, if we are in a bit of a hurry that is..."

(OOC: Well blades of grass and what smells are left by other dogs and cat are the little furballs version of facebook. Razz Hum...ironically enough I think Beatrice would be the white mage, healing and support magick is her thing after all, I guess it is white dipped in tar. Razz )

Tane:

You see the trailer in a new light there where dirt everywhere but not corruption, it was more that the man who lived here did not care much about hygiene, there was a healthy chaos as the Ratkin was creatures of Dynamism. You see the spot where he died, a ugly black stain on the floor where there lay a silver knife, all Umbral representations. On the kitchen counter you see a terrified looking spirit that crawled more into a corner and tried to hide when it noticed you looking at it, the spirit was humanoid of shape but looked like it was made completely of old leaves and dirt, like a living compost heap.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Colin smiled and held out one of the ziploc bags with tass, showing the little circle he'd drawn on the note stuck inside the baggie, "Well, preparing specific circles for extremely specific effects is even more effective. I, too, prefer pen and paper, but I'm willing to use whatever is most easily available. Condiments if necessary."
He pocketed the baggie and frowned, "I'll be glad when the current crisis is over or I've used up the last of this disgusting stuff, though. Safely weaponized or not, it's the sort of thing that makes my skin crawl a little by its mere presence..."
He nodded, "That's fair, but Carmon might yet have enough leverage and favours to call in to stay aware of what is going on behind the curtains, ordered executed by the prince or not."
He grimaced, "Yes, the Paradox for that would be Future Colin's problem... I just hope a stable time loop softens the blow a little."
He nodded to Adley, "If teleportation fails, that's going to make things a whole lot clunkier."
He sighed, "Oh, yes, to try to look at magic through solid stone... Always a delight, that x-ray vision trick. It gives me such a headache if I have both eyes open..."

((OOC: Alright, that should make Colin... hmmm... Wait, he swiped Jodelle's tass and is using it for hand grenades... Colin is a Ninja. Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Colin smiled and held out one of the ziploc bags with tass, showing the little circle he'd drawn on the note stuck inside the baggie, "Well, preparing specific circles for extremely specific effects is even more effective. I, too, prefer pen and paper, but I'm willing to use whatever is most easily available. Condiments if necessary."

"Practical magick eh...but yes being able to be flexible and use whatever is available to cast whatever rotes are needed are an important ability for a mage."
Cara said then she gave a smile.
"Even if the tools at times are edible."

He pocketed the baggie and frowned, "I'll be glad when the current crisis is over or I've used up the last of this disgusting stuff, though. Safely weaponized or not, it's the sort of thing that makes my skin crawl a little by its mere presence..."

"Yeah I can feel that Tass from here...I can not even imagine using it, that stuff is an abomination to reality itself."
The young Criamon sand and looked disgusted.
"But I guess it have it's uses Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "That's fair, but Carmon might yet have enough leverage and favours to call in to stay aware of what is going on behind the curtains, ordered executed by the prince or not."

"It is very possible, we are going to have to ask him about that at least when the Nephandi situation is dealt with the demands for his head might stop."
Kristina said a bit hesitantly and nodded.

He grimaced, "Yes, the Paradox for that would be Future Colin's problem... I just hope a stable time loop softens the blow a little."

"Possibly the question is how stable the loop is, free will tend to eliminate such things as stable time loops especially when someone are aware of them and can take steps to change them. I would stock up on aspirin for future Colin if I where you."
Adjan said with a wry grin.

He sighed, "Oh, yes, to try to look at magic through solid stone... Always a delight, that x-ray vision trick. It gives me such a headache if I have both eyes open..."

"Well we need to figure out where things stand in there before we make our move, whatever or not the extraction itself will be clunky."
Kristina said and Adjan nodded.
"Alright then are we ready to go?"
Adjan asked.

(OOC: Hum...well all we need is to find a good fit for Tane and Devon then and we will have a party. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:11 pm

A silver knife is valuable in spiritual terms, since there are little weapons in the other world as most of them have no body of their own. As such, Tane took it and place it inside one of the beads of his necklace.

It's ok little one. I'm here to see what happened, not to harm you.He said. Tane then inspected the black stain trying to determine what it was, but tryiing not to look threatening for the little spirit.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:21 pm

The dagger felt cool to the touch but it also felt wrong in some ways, as if it needed to be cleansed and had been used for violence. You place it into your necklace with no difficulty.

The spirit looks at you as if it do not know if it can trust you.
"You...are not with them...those that destroy..."
It asked in a voice that sounded like earth rolling down a hill.

(OOC 1: Please give me a roll to examine the stain.)

(OOC 2: Well then gentlemen we have now over 10 000 posts in the IC thread good work everyone you all get two free exps.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:48 pm

((Roll what?))

((How much PX do i have?))

Who are the They you talk about, how do they look?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next