Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 11 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:42 am

Hello Ma'am, i'm Tane Karyak, Dreamspeacker, and this is Alessa, member of the Werespiders. A spirit of renovation told us you were one such as i, and we are investigating the assasination of your neighour, here, 3 rows to the left. We wanted to know if you had any info on that.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 11 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 am

The woman glared at you for a while longer her blue eyes narrowing then she sigh.
"You can call me Ingrid, last names will have to wait for now, I am a member of no group, faction or Tradition and I do not want to be dragged into your wars."
She said sounding rather skeptical.
"The shifter three rows down...decent enough guy...but like I said Mr Karyak I do not want to become involved I have small children to think about."
She muttered.
"I can tell you nothing."
The Orphan added hastily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:24 am

Colin nodded, "I was speaking in the hypothetical - I wouldn't want to use markedly resonated tass in any direction for an experiment like that; however, the trick might serve well to rapidly drain some unpleasantly combustive spell. The reason I suggested Master Harris is that unlike me, he knows what to do with time. Or more to the point, he knows how to do things with time."
He pondered, "Raqs sharqi, is that the Egyptian or Iranian style? I seem to recall seeing both performed at a show once, and noted differences between them..."
He grinned, "Well, there are a few old Hermetic and Verbena Masters, at least, who have the wisdom and insight to not immediately dismiss Orphans merely for their lack of formal training, but look instead at what skills they've readily displayed."
He frowned, "I suppose there is some institutionalization of contempt still, though - but nothing that can't be worked out; especially as the Hollow Ones seem to gain some traction and carving out an odd little niche. But, long-term projects."

((OOC: By the way, send all the extroverts to MECHA? That's unethical and unjustified! What, precisely, has the Union done to deserve that? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:19 pm

Colin nodded, "I was speaking in the hypothetical - I wouldn't want to use markedly resonated tass in any direction for an experiment like that; however, the trick might serve well to rapidly drain some unpleasantly combustive spell. The reason I suggested Master Harris is that unlike me, he knows what to do with time. Or more to the point, he knows how to do things with time."

"It might serve to drain a spell perhaps, the question is if such a counter measure could be cast quickly enough to matter."
Cara said then she nodded.
"Well Master Harris is quite skilled in the Sphere of Time indeed you might as well ask him about it Mr Wainwright it would be interesting to read the results of such an experiment...with proper Tass mind you or I would like to read the results from very far away."
The Criamon said and smiled.

He pondered, "Raqs sharqi, is that the Egyptian or Iranian style? I seem to recall seeing both performed at a show once, and noted differences between them..."

"It is an umbrella term, it simply means Oriental Dance, it is generally preferred to the term bellydance by practitioners and beside Sufi dances is not exactly what you would usually consider when thinking bellydance, either is an Iranian martial art that is disguised as a dance which is also technically a from of Raqs Sharqi."

He grinned, "Well, there are a few old Hermetic and Verbena Masters, at least, who have the wisdom and insight to not immediately dismiss Orphans merely for their lack of formal training, but look instead at what skills they've readily displayed."

"Yes there are some, many members of the Traditions though can be rather arrogant when it comes to those who are not initiated into some Tradition or another."
Kristina said and sigh.

He frowned, "I suppose there is some institutionalization of contempt still, though - but nothing that can't be worked out; especially as the Hollow Ones seem to gain some traction and carving out an odd little niche. But, long-term projects."

"Well there is ten seats around the Council Chamber table, perhaps the Hollowers will one day be recognized as a Tradition, they have gotten a recognized Enforcer in recent years so things are making progress."
The young Verbena commented.

(OOC: Hehehe send them all to MECHA all of them. Razz Also Colin's discussion with Cara really sound like two Blue mages having a chat in MtG. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Colin grinned, "Perhaps it would be funny to let the Union get the research notes and a tainted Node to experiment on... Then again, best not. It does, however, allow for some interesting trains of thought."
He nodded, then winked slyly, "You know, if you could teach Freddy Adlebloom how to dance like that, I'd consider it abundant payment for teaching you a rote or two. Seems a great way to stave off a bit of tummy..."
He sighed, "Well, I suppose quite a number of Orphans might be a bit arrogant and full of themselves, as well, the first time they meet a Tradition Master... Mild manners and patience is the key, I suppose."
He chuckled, "I think it might be a very brave Hollow One to try to usurp Master Porthos' favourite chair in the room... But yes, the Council Chamber might need to add a few chairs, actually, even if those seats might not be associated with a Sphere. If we could manage to recruit the Void Engineers to our side, like the Etherites and Virtual Adepts before them, the distribution and balance of power would be changed in very interesting ways, I suspect..."

((OOC: Actually, I'm more oddly reminded of this little conversation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpXoCmwZANU - considering what immediately follows. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Colin grinned, "Perhaps it would be funny to let the Union get the research notes and a tainted Node to experiment on... Then again, best not. It does, however, allow for some interesting trains of thought."

"Well now that would be a most illegal thing to do Mr Wainwright so yes indeed it is best to not do that, though yes the Technocracy trying and failing at such a feat might indeed be most amusing."
Cara said with a bit of a grin.

He nodded, then winked slyly, "You know, if you could teach Freddy Adlebloom how to dance like that, I'd consider it abundant payment for teaching you a rote or two. Seems a great way to stave off a bit of tummy..."

"Well like I said it is an umbrella term, Sufi dances are not about singling out muscle groups to get the distinctive look of what you know as bellydance and more about swirling around in an active meditation, I can surly teach her that and it is a good workout but if it works directly on the tummy, that I am not so sure of."
Cara said and raised an eyebrow.

He sighed, "Well, I suppose quite a number of Orphans might be a bit arrogant and full of themselves, as well, the first time they meet a Tradition Master... Mild manners and patience is the key, I suppose."

"Well manners is something many mages have forgotten no matter what Tradition or Faction they do or do not belong to."
Kristina said then she nodded.
"But yes a bit of manners and a mutual respect and understanding is indeed the key."

He chuckled, "I think it might be a very brave Hollow One to try to usurp Master Porthos' favourite chair in the room... But yes, the Council Chamber might need to add a few chairs, actually, even if those seats might not be associated with a Sphere.

"Well here is the thing as the story go, as the first Primi and their apprentices built Horizon, the Council chairs just sort of manifested, ten of them with the Sphere symbols engraved in their backs, and a tenth, blank chair. Just adding chairs to that might mess up the symmetry a bit, as well as the Hermetics will go nuts if their numberology is thrown of track."
Kristina said and Cara gave her a bit of a sour look but all she said was.
"I think Master Porthos would be happy if the Hollow Ones got a seat, and after all he could always kick that Tytalus bas...I mean ehm Master Sao Cristavo out of the Seat of Forces if he needed a place to sit."
The Criamon said and looked down a bit after all it was not polite to speak ill of one's Tradition's leaders.

If we could manage to recruit the Void Engineers to our side, like the Etherites and Virtual Adepts before them, the distribution and balance of power would be changed in very interesting ways, I suspect..."

"First of all I think the Union would be most upset if you stole their transportation."
Adjan said with a bit of a grin.
"Hum...eleven Traditions then...I could go for that, perhaps more chairs will manifest out of thin air."
Kristina commented.
"And it would make the Umbra allot safer for our side."

(OOC: Hehehe)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:42 pm

O, no i wouldn't dragg you nowhere, but since there are so many nephandus acting, even in your literal front yard, i though you might be interested in helping us out. He said kindly I understand your suspition, but we belive the assasin is one we are looking for. ANy info could help us protect the city and save lives.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:29 pm

"The question is do we just leave it be?" Kristina asked.
He gave Adley an apologetic shrug, with at least the decency to look like he knew he'd trod a bit too close, "Well, if you think the spirit seems safe enough to let run off, I'll leave it be with that. Best keep a third eye open toward the drains, though - if it came out of there, it might definitely be unpleasant for the brothers."

"Chasing it into the Umbra could bring diminishing returns," he said. "As for safe, I can't say for sure, just that it was annoyed I noticed it."

"But for us one place or another do not matter, we communicate through rocks, and earth if you touch it we can feel what you wish us to feel and you can feel what we wish you to feel."

'I see.'

"No, water can be hard to understand but we feel that being which is like us but different on the ground, he is not summoned here he belong here but have been expelled by his home, he is very angry but are not foul or destructive." Innanon said "The foulness is in the ground but not merged with it, if the source is removed balance should return."

'Is that so?" he replied thoughtfully, then seemed to brighten with an idea as it formed. 'Expelled from the area of the house, perhaps? Maybe also for that water elemental...the water in the ground. If the barrier is removed, do you think this spirit would allow us to go through there? Could he help us?'

It was good the brothers were familiar with working and communicating with people; he knew what he was about to discuss was a bit complicated even if it seemed simple enough. Changes and sequences of events that they could observe might be the only way to impress any measure of time awareness for a being that existed in the eternal now but at least they did have a grasp on distance, space and place.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Tane:

O, no i wouldn't dragg you nowhere, but since there are so many nephandus acting, even in your literal front yard, i though you might be interested in helping us out. He said kindly

"I did not assume you wished to drag me physically anywhere, it is a saying meaning I do not wish to get involved in the war of our kind."
Ingrid said as her eyes narrowed.
"There are many Nephandi acting? I have only noticed that something happened when the shifter was murdered, then again now that you mention it there was been a odd kind of mode over the city lately."

I understand your suspition, but we belive the assasin is one we are looking for. ANy info could help us protect the city and save lives.

The woman considered for a moment then she sigh.
"Ok...listen I do not know much, but when I noticed magick nearby I sent one of my servitor spirits to check what was going on and through it I saw this group going into the shifter's trailer, and they came back out again bloody, then they drove off in this old green van, some time later my neighbor was found dead...I did not see the murder itself I did however see the license plate of the van, I do not know if that will help you any though, the car could have been stolen or something."

Adley:

"Chasing it into the Umbra could bring diminishing returns," he said. "As for safe, I can't say for sure, just that it was annoyed I noticed it."

"Leaving it alone then is probably the best, we have no idea about the abilities of that spirit and besides there is no need to cause more annoyance than we already seam to have."
Kristina commented and Adjan nodded in agreement.

'Is that so?" he replied thoughtfully, then seemed to brighten with an idea as it formed. 'Expelled from the area of the house, perhaps? Maybe also for that water elemental...the water in the ground. If the barrier is removed, do you think this spirit would allow us to go through there? Could he help us?'

"All we can tell is that it have been expelled from it's home. not exactly what it's home is, however yes we do think that if it is kept out by barriers and those barriers are taken down it will not matter your kind passing through, it is not aggressive it just want to go home where it should be."
Alassor said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:21 pm

"All we can tell is that it have been expelled from it's home. not exactly what it's home is, however yes we do think that if it is kept out by barriers and those barriers are taken down it will not matter your kind passing through, it is not aggressive it just want to go home where it should be."

He nodded again at the first part of what Allassor said and then again at the latter. "Very well." He didn't want a pissed off Earth elemental to deal with while down there, when the barrier went down so there was that. At least he had a hypothesis of what was going on now.

'Please listen to all of the following sequence and tell me if you do not understand something I say or if you cannot do something that I request of you. Until the barrier is broken or I say differently, I ask that you and some of my friends stay by the metal box. Please help keep them safe until the other tasks in the sequence can happen. Let me know if there is an attack or something harmful happens to you all or if you sense something becoming not right, the feeling that the destroying ones bring.

'After the barrier is removed and we call for you, you can join us and help us at the place to get the man out of the basement. There may be fighting or traps to prevent us getting to him; we may need your help protecting us and the man to get him out. To get him out from under the house, I have brought two stones with me,' he explained. 'The man we need to recover is in the basement, beyond a wall of man-made stone and earth. One of you will put one of the stones onto this man, somewhere the stone will not fall off of him easily. He will not feel like me with something you cannot touch within but static and energetic and he will probably have a piece of wood shoved into his material form,' he explained and concentrated on what he knew of Carmon's appearance for the pair so they had something to go on if there were more than one vampire. 'If there is more we can tell you when you join us so you can find him, we will do so. He waited to see if the pair had any thoughts or feelings about what he'd said, if it didn't make sense to them or if they were not clear on something.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Please listen to all of the following sequence and tell me if you do not understand something I say or if you cannot do something that I request of you.

"We will listen as you speak and tell you if we do not understand or are unable to follow the instructions."
Allassor confirmed.

Until the barrier is broken or I say differently, I ask that you and some of my friends stay by the metal box. Please help keep them safe until the other tasks in the sequence can happen. Let me know if there is an attack or something harmful happens to you all or if you sense something becoming not right, the feeling that the destroying ones bring.

"We will stay and guard the metal box and your friends that stay by it, and we will let you know if we are attacked or if we sense the destroying ones."
Innanon said.
"We like to preserve and protect, that is what we are."

'After the barrier is removed and we call for you, you can join us and help us at the place to get the man out of the basement. There may be fighting or traps to prevent us getting to him; we may need your help protecting us and the man to get him out. To get him out from under the house, I have brought two stones with me,' he explained. 'The man we need to recover is in the basement, beyond a wall of man-made stone and earth. One of you will put one of the stones onto this man, somewhere the stone will not fall off of him easily. He will not feel like me with something you cannot touch within but static and energetic and he will probably have a piece of wood shoved into his material form,' he explained

"Once you call us we will leave the metal box behind and come to where you are, we will protect you and those with you, and then move though a man made wall of stone and place a small stone on a static man that do not have that which we can not touch inside...yes we can do this."
Allassor say.
"We like that which is what you call static, unchanging and firm, this we understand."

and concentrated on what he knew of Carmon's appearance for the pair so they had something to go on if there were more than one vampire. 'If there is more we can tell you when you join us so you can find him, we will do so. He waited to see if the pair had any thoughts or feelings about what he'd said, if it didn't make sense to them or if they were not clear on something.

"You think of a physical man's appearance but that makes little sense to use, we can name the colors we see in your eyes and the soft grass that grow on your head but which is not of the earth, but we identify someone by name and by how they feel, how they vibrate, not by the colors and shapes of their being."
Innanon explained.
"Telling us more when we join you...yes that will do now or then do not matter, we will guard the metal box, it is very processed and man made but we will guard it for you."
Alassor commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:51 pm

He wasn't sure how much they would like Carmon...static or not. But they didn't necessarily have to like him and maybe he was projecting. He smiled a little at how they called their hair grass but as he tried to explain about Carmon, he remembered that tinge of sadness and that sense of anticipation from his avatar and frowned.

'I cannot tell you exactly how he feels for I have not experienced that feeling of him in the right-now within my now-self to share with you. I have feelings from when he was much different than he is now, when he was more like me but he is not-that any more, he changed and it makes us sad. I can tell you the color of his eyes and the grass on his head and what he is called, what generally what I think he will vibrate like. Static like magic of our mutual friend but much more so, probably a lot of that energy inside of him but not alive. The energy he has inside will be stuck there and he can't use it. He might feel a loss of something important, anger for being kept against his wishes. But I would know him if I see him, perhaps we can work together to make sure we have the right person.'

Telling us more when we join you...yes that will do now or then do not matter, we will guard the metal box, it is very processed and man made but we will guard it for you."

'Good. Thank you friends, he said with a small smile to them. Then he ducked out of the car to give a wave to the others so they knew it was okay to gather together again.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:43 pm

Yes, the spirit said, and i translate from it's words, that it was the doing of a Fomorian, a Nephandus and Two corrupted Werefolk Tane informed IF you could give us their plaque, or their description, that'd be great. Did you see the group, to have a description? Or maybe the breed of the Fera?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:06 am

Adley:

'I cannot tell you exactly how he feels for I have not experienced that feeling of him in the right-now within my now-self to share with you. I have feelings from when he was much different than he is now, when he was more like me but he is not-that any more, he changed and it makes us sad. I can tell you the color of his eyes and the grass on his head and what he is called, what generally what I think he will vibrate like.

"Change makes us sad as well, we do not like it."
Allassor said.
"What he is called then and as much as you can tell us about what he is."
It seamed that to the two Umbroods what someone where was the same as who they where, what function someone had, then again they where personification of concepts so it was perhaps not a odd way to think for them.

Static like magic of our mutual friend but much more so, probably a lot of that energy inside of him but not alive. The energy he has inside will be stuck there and he can't use it. He might feel a loss of something important, anger for being kept against his wishes. But I would know him if I see him, perhaps we can work together to make sure we have the right person.'

"Static and unchanging but not healthy so then stagnant like something left to rot but which will never become soil again to feed plants and more life."
Innanon asked.
"Yes we can work with you to make sure we have the right man, what is his name?"

'Good. Thank you friends, he said with a small smile to them. Then he ducked out of the car to give a wave to the others so they knew it was okay to gather together again.

The rest of the mages who had waited some distance from the car came over to Mirri's van again.
"Did it go well my friend?"
Adjan asked.
"Will your Umbrood friends help us?"

Tane:

"I can give you the license plate number."
The Orphan said she fetched pen and paper from a small table beside the door and wrote it down and handed it to you.
"I did see the ground in a manner of speaking, my servitor spirit saw them so descriptions might be a little patchy but they where three men and a woman, the woman was tall and handsome with dark hair and eyes, dresses in a nice white dress, she might have been Spanish or Italian."
She said and Alessa frowned and nodded.
"Of the men there was a tall, black man in a suit, his eyes where so pale brown they seamed to be amber and he had two parallel scars running down his left cheek, then there was a thin, pale man, fairly young two I am pretty sure he was a mage, he had short, mouse brown hair and blue eyes...the last man was wrong, he looked human of sorts but his skin was yellow like parchment and his features where to sharp and his eyes where all black, he looked monstrous."
She explained.
"You can usually not look at a shifter and know what they are and I really know nothing about them save that my neighbor was one so I can not help you with that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:17 am

It's ok. You named alessa's sister, a nephandus and a fomorian i'm tracking. Than you so much for this. He told her with a smile. Can i give you my number? I'm a spiritual Healer, working on avatars and medicine, too. If you ever need something, with all the strange and violent things that are happening, please let me know.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:01 am

Ingrid nodded.
"Very well, I am glad I could help, I am not on anyone's side but the Nephandi are a blight to us all."
She muttered then she considered again before nodding.
"O...ok, you can leave your number...thank you...a spirit healer you said...Avatars? That is the thing talking to me in my head since I got these powers right?"
She asked looking a bit puzzled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:05 am

"Change makes us sad as well, we do not like it." Allassor said.

Change is not always bad for us, sometimes it is necessary for that concept of growth we imbue as mortals but in this case it was not good for him, he said, sadly.

"What he is called then and as much as you can tell us about what he is."
"Static and unchanging but not healthy so then stagnant like something left to rot but which will never become soil again to feed plants and more life." Innanon asked. "Yes we can work with you to make sure we have the right man, what is his name?"

'I will tell you of him, he agreed. 'but would like to reserve the name I know him by for...if we need it to differentiate him from others. As a measure of protection for you both.' He knew it wasn't his true name of course, but it was an old one that he'd used for a while. It would have some measure of energy to it, certainly. He began to explain more to the brothers about Carmon. 'He may feel that way to you, yes - stagnant, stuck. Someday, his physical form might feed plants but not this-now. Then he asked, 'Would it be easier to give you one of the stones now?'

"Did it go well my friend?" Adjan asked. "Will your Umbrood friends help us?"

"For now they will stay here with the metal b--...car," he said, blinking. Except for the word 'car,' he realised had been speaking Enochian and readjusted his speech back to English with a little underbreath cough. "Yes, they will stay here with the car and with whomever is staying with the car, keep an eye on things and offer protection until the next part of the plan can happen. They also told me there is another earth elemental here, he's angry that was evicted from his 'home.' Also that the feeling of the house was unwelcome and from their descriptions probably tainted by Qlippothic ars. Between this and the water elemental being out of place, I think there is probably a ban against spirits around the place that extends down into the grounds and the sewer."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:50 am

Change is not always bad for us, sometimes it is necessary for that concept of growth we imbue as mortals but in this case it was not good for him, he said, sadly.

"You physical beings are most peculiar, you are not always the same thing, that is very strange to us. So some change is good for you, but this change was not good for the static man?"
Alassor asked.

'I will tell you of him, he agreed. 'but would like to reserve the name I know him by for...if we need it to differentiate him from others. As a measure of protection for you both.'

"Very well, that is agreeable."
Inannon said.

He knew it wasn't his true name of course, but it was an old one that he'd used for a while. It would have some measure of energy to it, certainly. He began to explain more to the brothers about Carmon. 'He may feel that way to you, yes - stagnant, stuck. Someday, his physical form might feed plants but not this-now.

"We see, that sound like a troubling existence, we should be able to find him with this, we know enough of how he feel."
Alassor added then he said.
"We do not feel the same as your kind do but we know a bit of human beings, and your vibrations feel...sad when you speak of this stagnant being."
It was not a question as such, it was a statement from the marble knight as he regarded you.

Then he asked, 'Would it be easier to give you one of the stones now?'

"We do not understand, we will have the stones to place on the stagnant man, it is good to have the stones as we place them, but your now is not the same as our now."
Inannon said and looked at you, both spirits seamed confused.

"For now they will stay here with the metal b--...car," he said, blinking. Except for the word 'car,' he realised had been speaking Enochian and readjusted his speech back to English with a little underbreath cough. "Yes, they will stay here with the car and with whomever is staying with the car, keep an eye on things and offer protection until the next part of the plan can happen.

Kristina raised an eyebrow at that and Cara smiled a little then Adjan said.
"Very well, then we should get going, the way I understood it Mrs Knox is staying with the car and some of Deaconess Darnell's nanites and the rest of us is going to the storm drain to check it out."

They also told me there is another earth elemental here, he's angry that was evicted from his 'home.' Also that the feeling of the house was unwelcome and from their descriptions probably tainted by Qlippothic ars. Between this and the water elemental being out of place, I think there is probably a ban against spirits around the place that extends down into the grounds and the sewer."

"Well such a ward would explain why the water elemental is pissed and what it is doing on the streets, spirits do not like to be evicted from their habitats often their whole identity is tied up with being the spirit of this or that three or that particular pound of water, when separated from that they suffer."
Kristina said.
"We are going to have to take that ward down then if we are going to rely on the Brothers to help us get this task done."
She added. Cara gave Colin a smile.
"A Qlippothic ward it seams there will be use for that rote of yours Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:58 pm

((OOC: I've gotten to that age when afternoon naps and cuddles have gone from merely underrated to seriously awesome. And then there's a deluge of posts. Awesome. Very Happy ))

Colin smirked, "Illegality being one thing, we wouldn't want to risk fallout to hit Sleepers. And there is, of course, the danger that they might succeed... But the potential for watching a glorious failure does have some appeal."
He grinned, "By her own admission, she could do with some exercise. And I suspect such a dance might be less unappealing to her than joining me for morning runs. I'll acknowledge my motives for suggesting it aren't... pure, though."
He nodded to Kristina, "Understanding might not be among the first steps - willingness to ask and learn, on the other hand..."
He frowned, "You know, it seems odd... How does the honoured Seat of Forces retain his position when it seems everyone has to make an effort to avoid referring to him by that phrase? One would think there would be some sort of political process for, ah, unseating him set in motion long since..."
He smiled thinly, "Yes, with the Void Engineers on our side, the Umbra would be a safer place, except for the Fallen who seem to thrive more in it... Though I suppose it would offer us the opportunity to focus more single-mindedly on that threat, rather than fighting a three-way battle."
He trotted back toward the van when Adley poked his head out, and sighed, "Oh, joy, I get to show off my amazing magical powers after all... Well, can't say the presence of such a ward comes as a surprise, though I would have preferred to be surprised by its absence. Well, the neighbourhood seems quiet enough, I feel lucky, and my monocles are ready to gaze through the stone and examine the ward... shall we?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Colin smirked, "Illegality being one thing, we wouldn't want to risk fallout to hit Sleepers. And there is, of course, the danger that they might succeed... But the potential for watching a glorious failure does have some appeal."

"We do not want to give the Union any more advantages Mr Wainwright."
Cara said then she gave a smirk.
"Though yes the thought of such a catastrophic failure is quite...attractive, it is indeed best not to risk either the Sleepers our ourselves."

He grinned, "By her own admission, she could do with some exercise. And I suspect such a dance might be less unappealing to her than joining me for morning runs. I'll acknowledge my motives for suggesting it aren't... pure, though."

"Oh my you imagine sneaking a peak at your girlfriend dancing now do you Mr Wainwright."
Cara said with an amused look.
"Well Sufi swirling might not be the most sexy dance though, it is actually that, wearing a huge skirt and swirling so that it stand out to the side and you look like a spinning top from above, it is good meditation though."

He nodded to Kristina, "Understanding might not be among the first steps - willingness to ask and learn, on the other hand..."

Kristina gave a sigh and nodded at that.
"Yes that is to true."
She muttered.

He frowned, "You know, it seems odd... How does the honoured Seat of Forces retain his position when it seems everyone has to make an effort to avoid referring to him by that phrase? One would think there would be some sort of political process for, ah, unseating him set in motion long since..."

"Politics, everyone want him gone but no one want to stick their neck out and risk loosing their position, also prestige, while the Seat of Forces is a...quite disliked man, he is the most powerful of the Primi, if he where to be deposed that honor would fall to the Verbena Lady Quey, and with the history between the Order of Hermes and the Verbena, our movers and shakers do not want that loss in prestige..."
Cara said then she sigh.
"There is also the matter of the man Master Porthos backed as the venerable Seat of Forces' replacement was brought up on very flimsy charges and exiled from the Traditions...and no one knows exactly how that happened."

He smiled thinly, "Yes, with the Void Engineers on our side, the Umbra would be a safer place, except for the Fallen who seem to thrive more in it... Though I suppose it would offer us the opportunity to focus more single-mindedly on that threat, rather than fighting a three-way battle."

"Indeed, the Nephandi are at home in the Umbra but if we had the Void Engineers, we would also have their Dreadnoughts and two or three of those giants can take down a Battle Cruiser, with their fleet of ships and our Spirit Magick we would begin to become a serious threat to the Fallen. However how where you thinking of getting the Void Engineers to join our side if it can even be done?"
Cara said sounding thoughtful.

He trotted back toward the van when Adley poked his head out, and sighed, "Oh, joy, I get to show off my amazing magical powers after all... Well, can't say the presence of such a ward comes as a surprise, though I would have preferred to be surprised by its absence. Well, the neighbourhood seems quiet enough, I feel lucky, and my monocles are ready to gaze through the stone and examine the ward... shall we?"

Cara nodded.
"My Parma is up, I am as protected as I can be and I will keeping my eyes open, yes indeed let us go."
She said then Adjan nodded.
"Very well then as we talked about then, once we get over there Adley and the Deaconess the the lead, we protect our counterspellers to say it like that in the middle and I will protect the rear."
He said and made a final check that his gun and knives where in place before grabbing his dice with his left hand.
"I am ready to go."

(OOC: Ah yes afternoon naps...perhaps I shall go and have one. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:32 pm

"You physical beings are most peculiar, you are not always the same thing, that is very strange to us. So some change is good for you, but this change was not good for the static man?"

"I know it is confusing for spirits - we are not born in perfection with all that we are at once like you are. We can be many things in our existence. Some of our changes beneficial, some baneful and some neither. In this case it was not beneficial to part of him...there may be others in a similar state of not-alive, but he should be the most powerful one, and restrained by the others, not free to act."

"We do not feel the same as your kind do but we know a bit of human beings, and your vibrations feel...sad when you speak of this stagnant being."

"That is so," he agreed.

"We do not understand, we will have the stones to place on the stagnant man, it is good to have the stones as we place them, but your now is not the same as our now."

He scratched his chin. Almost...so close but he had not been clear, and then time... "Let me rephrase that. I have the stones with me in the material realm. Are you able to carry and hold them into the spirit world untilthe part of the sequence where you put them on the man can happen?"

"Politics, everyone want him gone but no one want to stick their neck out and risk loosing their position, also prestige, while the Seat of Forces is a...quite disliked man, he is the most powerful of the Primi, if he where to be deposed that honor would fall to the Verbena Lady Quey, and with the history between the Order of Hermes and the Verbena, our movers and shakers do not want that loss in prestige..." Cara said then she sigh. "There is also the matter of the man Master Porthos backed as the venerable Seat of Forces' replacement was brought up on very flimsy charges and exiled from the Traditions...and no one knows exactly how that happened.

Adley frowned as Cara spoke.

"Very well, then we should get going, the way I understood it Mrs Knox is staying with the car and some of Deaconess Darnell's nanites and the rest of us is going to the storm drain to check it out."

He looked at Kristina. It was pretty clear that he didn't like leaving her by the van, even with two Earth elementals and a swarm of nanites.

"Well such a ward would explain why the water elemental is pissed and what it is doing on the streets, spirits do not like to be evicted from their habitats often their whole identity is tied up with being the spirit of this or that three or that particular pound of water, when separated from that they suffer."

"That's my best guess, yes," he said with a nod. "You might want to use some ars to see spirits if you haven't, in case we need to contact you through them."

"We are going to have to take that ward down then if we are going to rely on the Brothers to help us get this task done."
She added. Cara gave Colin a smile.

"Yes," he nodded.

"A Qlippothic ward it seams there will be use for that rote of yours Mr Wainwright."
"Oh, joy, I get to show off my amazing magical powers after all... Well, can't say the presence of such a ward comes as a surprise, though I would have preferred to be surprised by its absence...shall we?"

"That's what you get for bragging," he teased. Then he looked at him and nodded, giving the house a grim look.

"Very well then as we talked about then, once we get over there Adley and the Deaconess the the lead, we protect our counterspellers to say it like that in the middle and I will protect the rear." He said and made a final check that his gun and knives where in place before grabbing his dice with his left hand. "I am ready to go."

"Very well, let's get the gear and go, see if we can find a way to the access point without drawing attention." As he went to grab a bag, he said to the Deaconess, "I did not mean to insult you or make you feel bad earlier, I apologize." Then he hefted the bag and took a deep breath and let it out. Time to get Carmon.

//afternoon naps are awesome - hell all naps are awesome.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:27 pm

"I know it is confusing for spirits - we are not born in perfection with all that we are at once like you are. We can be many things in our existence. Some of our changes beneficial, some baneful and some neither. In this case it was not beneficial to part of him...there may be others in a similar state of not-alive, but he should be the most powerful one, and restrained by the others, not free to act."

"Yes you change, and become rather than are and that confuse us, you are what stand before us but you are also different."
Alassor said.
"The stagnant man have changed in a baneful way, his now is not good, and he is physical and not alive and yet not dead and he is not a stone and there are other not stones in the building....but he is the most powerful one and restrained, that we can find."
The black marble knight confirmed.
"We do not like being restrained, in another now others with what we can not touch inside have done that to us, but Joakim never have."
His brother commented.

"That is so," he agreed.

None of the two stone knits commented on the matter further, they had made a statement and it was confirmed that was all it is to them, though the statement might have been a form of show of support in their strange ways.

He scratched his chin. Almost...so close but he had not been clear, and then time... "Let me rephrase that. I have the stones with me in the material realm. Are you able to carry and hold them into the spirit world untilthe part of the sequence where you put them on the man can happen?"

"Yes."
Allassor said simply the Brothers usually did not say more than what had to be said, nor did they say less.

He looked at Kristina. It was pretty clear that he didn't like leaving her by the van, even with two Earth elementals and a swarm of nanites.

"The whole point of a lookout is added security if we spend to much resources on it then the gain get lost, I will be fine, I can hold my own in a fight and if something should happen I trust the Deaconess' nanites will let you know about it."
Kristina said and gave you a reassuring smile.

"That's my best guess, yes," he said with a nod. "You might want to use some ars to see spirits if you haven't, in case we need to contact you through them."

Kristina nodded and she found a small wire wrapped quartz and hung it from her hearings by a clasp. Cara nodded as well.
"I have already done so...Intelligo Vim are quite useful Ars Mr Roth Hicks."

"Very well, let's get the gear and go, see if we can find a way to the access point without drawing attention." As he went to grab a bag, he said to the Deaconess, "I did not mean to insult you or make you feel bad earlier, I apologize." Then he hefted the bag and took a deep breath and let it out. Time to get Carmon.

"Yes...we might be abler to go behind that yellow house over there, the windows are dark so we should not be seen there, also I can cast that rote, the same as I did on the car to make eyes less likely to notice us...man made Arcane if you will."
Adjan said and referenced the gift some mages seamed to naturally possess not to be noticed.
"It might not work on me while my Parma is up, but I can lower it."
Cara said and Adjan shook his head.
"I do not think we have to, if we go around the house with the yellow curtains I think we stand a good chance to get to the manhole unnoticed, it is better to stay protected Miss Willis."
"I doubt it will work on me either Mr Terach."
Daisy said and the Euthanatos sigh.
"Good old fashioned sneaking around then will have to do."
He declared.

Daisy looked and you and nodded.
"I was not insulted Mr Roth Hicks, do not worry about it."
She said friendly.

Adjan nodded.
"Very well then everyone, let us move out."
He said and waited for you and the Deaconess before he started moving.

(OOC: Naps for the win.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Colin chuckled, "And would it really be so wrng of me to want to watch my lady exercise and meditate?"
He frowned, "Well, then, I suppose it might actually take an ironclad legal complaint against the Seat to move him. Which obviously would be a tricky thing to accomplish, and would require a very brave Quaesitor... Well, no matter right now."
He smiled thinly, "Actually, I have no plans to recruit the Void Engineers to our side... but as a faction of the Technocracy, they do seem... perhaps more sympathetic than the Union as a whole. They do seem a little less comfortable with the anti-Traditions stance and certain... ongoings in the Union than the other factions; it's entirely possible they'll defect, and if that happens, we should be ready to welcome them into the fold. But I don't think it would be wise to aggressively try to recruit them at this time. It might take fifty years for any dissent in the ranks to make itself so significant, but I think we might have the time for that."
He sighed and gave Adley a sly smile, "I suppose you're right. I really should have found the time to teach you the trick... Well, no matter - so long as one of us is able to pull it off down there, that should be enough."
He nodded and felt for Adjan's gun, and glanced around neighborhood one last time, "Alright, I think we're ready, then... Lingering much longer might increase the chance of someone glancing our way, and it's quiet right now... Adley, Deaconess Darnell, after you."

((OOC: Naps very much for the win. :3 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:21 pm

Colin chuckled, "And would it really be so wrng of me to want to watch my lady exercise and meditate?"

"Oh no, not wrong at all."
Cara said with a bit of a smirk.
"If twirling is your thing that is."

He frowned, "Well, then, I suppose it might actually take an ironclad legal complaint against the Seat to move him. Which obviously would be a tricky thing to accomplish, and would require a very brave Quaesitor... Well, no matter right now."

"A very brave Quaesitor indeed, and those charges would need to be sticky enough to survive all the political maneuvering the Seat of Forces and his allies could muster, but yes it might be a better discussion for another time."
Cara said and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "Actually, I have no plans to recruit the Void Engineers to our side... but as a faction of the Technocracy, they do seem... perhaps more sympathetic than the Union as a whole. They do seem a little less comfortable with the anti-Traditions stance and certain... ongoings in the Union than the other factions; it's entirely possible they'll defect, and if that happens, we should be ready to welcome them into the fold. But I don't think it would be wise to aggressively try to recruit them at this time. It might take fifty years for any dissent in the ranks to make itself so significant, but I think we might have the time for that."

"Well the Void Engineers do not enforce the Pogrom unlike the rest of the Union, they will only attack Traditionalists if they are threatened, they do not hunt mages or wish for our destruction so yes they are more sympathetic, in turn the Traditions usually release Void Engineer prisoners after questioning, though there are no official policy on this, there is an unspoken deal between the Sons of Ether and the Void Engineers that unless their ships at that time is engaged in hostilities or are trying to enter one another's territory then if either of them find a ship in need they will assist it, so yes they might come to see things our way eventually, however for now at least their loyalty is with the Technocracy."

He nodded and felt for Adjan's gun, and glanced around neighborhood one last time, "Alright, I think we're ready, then... Lingering much longer might increase the chance of someone glancing our way, and it's quiet right now... Adley, Deaconess Darnell, after you."

"Agreed."
Adjan commented. Daisy nodded and begun to move out, waiting for Adley to go with her and then for the rest to follow, the neighborhood was quiet and empty, though fairly well lit with the street lamps, the road behind the row of neat family villas however had a busted bulb and was considerably darker.

(OOC: If you could both give me a quick Perception plus Alertness roll to see if you notice anything as you move towards the manhole and Dex plus Stealth to see if you manage to get there undetected, do feel free to use Awareness instead of Alertness if you feel your character is more looking to see if something spiritual or supernatural notice you than something physical."

(OOC 2: I feel old having a long discussion about the merit of naps. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:16 pm

((OOC: Per+Ale - 2,6,7,7,0. Should be enough to spot most mundane things...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next