Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 20 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:11 am

Colin frowned slightly as the two persons collapsed in discomfort, "Ugh, Chief Morgan showed me how to do that to sever magical links and blow off enchantments on items, but doing that to a person looks... almost torturous. Still, I suppose it's better than a bullet to the head, poor bastards..."
He got back on his feet and pocketed the monocles, fishing out the Tremere's phone, "Alright, let's move... Deaconess, could you search this phone for intel and turn off any tracking services and the like?"

((OOC: Poor Matty and friends... A shrunken manhole they can't easily get through on one side, and a portcullis of primal fire on the other... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 20 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:59 am

Colin frowned slightly as the two persons collapsed in discomfort, "Ugh, Chief Morgan showed me how to do that to sever magical links and blow off enchantments on items, but doing that to a person looks... almost torturous. Still, I suppose it's better than a bullet to the head, poor bastards..."

"The wind of mundane silence try to extinguish all magick, with a vampire my rote is to weak to blow away the curse that animates them Mr Wainwright but they will feel their very nature ehm...fluttering no I do not think it is very comfortable, if the less powerful man is a lesser Awakened the wind might have ripped the enchantment he is under right out of him...I...do not like having to do that but they should recover soon."
Cara said and she looked down sadly.
"Very soon, so we should not stay."

He got back on his feet and pocketed the monocles, fishing out the Tremere's phone, "Alright, let's move... Deaconess, could you search this phone for intel and turn off any tracking services and the like?"

"I can do that Mr Wainwright but would it not be wiser to copy the information in the phone and leave the device here in case there are some form of tracing on it that I miss?"
Daisy suggested and accepted the phone with the hand that was still covered in lace and looked at it.

(OOC: Poor Matty and friends it have not been a good night for them, in fact it have not been a good night for the Nephandi of Chicago in general and who is to blame for that? Yes I am looking at at the player character party. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:12 am

Colin nodded, "Let's move, kids... And yes, Deaconess, you're right. A copy and leaving the original behind would be better. The owner will probably come crawling up soon enough in any case - I think I saw him twitch down there before I got out."
He sighed and turned toward the car, "Adley, the fellow had some very interesting notes on him - I'd like your help in examining them; it might provide useful for research at a later point. Also, he had a small flask of... I think it's vampire blood, but I can't be sure. It's about a dram of tass in the liquid, though - not pleasant, but significantly less so than the qlippothic stuff."

((Well, now, don't go blaming us. They started it, we're just finishing it! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:31 am

Colin nodded, "Let's move, kids... And yes, Deaconess, you're right. A copy and leaving the original behind would be better. The owner will probably come crawling up soon enough in any case - I think I saw him twitch down there before I got out."

Daisy nodded she just held the phone for a few seconds then bent down and put it on the ground by the manhole.
"I have all data on the phone, I will give you a copy once we are out of here."
The Deaconess said then she nodded.
"Yes let us move."
She said and hurried through she made sure she had Cara and Colin between her and Adley so she could protect them if need be through the two men that had been heading towards your group was still twitching on the ground groaning loudly.

Also, he had a small flask of... I think it's vampire blood, but I can't be sure. It's about a dram of tass in the liquid, though - not pleasant, but significantly less so than the qlippothic stuff."

"I would recommend leaving the blood behind Mr Wainwright, Tass or no, blood is one of the strongest arcane connections there is, we would not want them to use it to track us down."
Cara warned as she begun to hurry towards the car.
"The notebook you speak of can probably be made safe but blood...I would not risk it, you found it through so it is off course up to you."
The Criamon added politely.

(OOC:Poor Nephandi all they want is to destroy the world.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:44 am

Colin pondered for a moment, then nodded and put the flask down by the phone, "Poor bastard's probably going to need it soon enough. He looked so scared... and it's not as though I have a need for extra Tass that overrides the risk imposed by keeping something so inherently traceable. Especially not in a form that's, well... unhealthy."
As he made it back to the car, he grimaced at Kristina, "We were swarmed by rats down there - I hope you can get us all the shots we might need."

((OOC: Well, they can't do that. I'm livin' in it, and I'd like to keep it that way. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:52 am

Colin pondered for a moment, then nodded and put the flask down by the phone, "Poor bastard's probably going to need it soon enough. He looked so scared... and it's not as though I have a need for extra Tass that overrides the risk imposed by keeping something so inherently traceable. Especially not in a form that's, well... unhealthy."

Cara nodded and gave you a bit of a smile.
"I did not meet to butt into your business Mr Wainwright it is just that other than personal Quintessence nothing is a stronger arcane connection than blood, not to mention if that was vampire blood then that is not exactly safe to use it attracts Jhor and well is a poison."
She said then she glanced at the manhole.
"Yeah poor man, I hope the rats do not harm him to badly."

You see Adjan moving towards the car as well once you head towards it, he glances back.
"What did you do to take out that vampire and I guess his servant?"
He asked as he ran.
"In either case the coast seam to be clear for now.

(OOC: I will let Strife respond before having the group get back to the car if you do not terribly mind. You make the Nephandi cry. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:13 pm

Consult the spirits of Justice. They are Justice incarnated, they can understand and they can punish fairly. Is that not enough?
But i get your point and now is not the time to do this. The time must come, though.
he said with a frown.

Whenever you like. The more the merrier, and you can find it curious as well: at home there lives 2 weresharks, 1 werespider, 1 wererat and 2 spirits, one of them being the house.

Where is the other team? heading to another entrance?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:06 pm

We will do so, we will seal the northern stone stone circle so no more enemies can come out." Alassor said. "We will let you know if we see more enemies."

"Thank you," he said.

I am on it Mr Roth Hicks." Daisy said as she climbed up out the manhole, her yellow lace veils where dirty now and the fabric was gone around her right hand where the torrent had come up, the cyborg hid her metallic hand behind her self consciously and looked down. "I am sending Mr Terach a message now, should I tell him to fall back to the car?"

"Yes," he said.

"I will go and join my brother by the metal box." The marble knight said through he seamed a bit confused...

Well, as long as he knew where to go he didn't spend time clarifying.

"That should work fine, if we can avoid hitting the surrounding houses then we can avoid the chance of harming some poor tarot reading grandmother or something like that." Cara said and offered you a smile as she begun to chant, her slender hands forming more complex sigils. "Like a wind that blow out a candle flame, I call a wind to banish magick and the light of enlightened might!"

He nodded, getting ready to help her. The Wind itself felt cold, but it worked, in fact somewhat similarly he imagined to when he was asking before if Rub the Bones would harm a vampire. Unfortunately, the two enemies were not quiet in their distress. "Time to go!" he said, in tandem with Cara. Though there was not time to ruminate, the Criamon's magick felt so crystal clean after experiencing so much disgusting resonance throughout the week it was like breathing in cold air, or drinking fresh water from a stream that was just cracking awake in spring. Refreshing, if dissimilar to his own, the mental image of ice in water melting fitting.

He sighed and turned toward the car, "Adley, the fellow had some very interesting notes on him - I'd like your help in examining them; it might provide useful for research at a later point. Also, he had a small flask of... I think it's vampire blood, but I can't be sure. It's about a dram of tass in the liquid, though - not pleasant, but significantly less so than the qlippothic stuff."

"Yes, the book, later. But the blood..." but Cara was explaining so he didn't bother to add anything else just to make some hurry gestures. If Colin put the items down barehanded, he gave them a quick wipe off for prints and hastily. If there was time while they talked, he tried to sever the arcane connections on it, in case it was Carmon's.

"What did you do to take out that vampire and I guess his servant?" He asked as he ran. "In either case the coast seam to be clear for now.

"Later! Our enemies are not completely nullified," he warned, trying to keep himself in a stance to protect the others. He scanned ahead and around as they went, in case there was a trap ahead or something had happened that they were not yet aware of as they went.

// (teasing) Whose side are you on, Anja ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:11 pm

Adley:

"Yes," he said.

"The message have been sent Mr Terach replied that he will head to the car."
Daisy informed you.

If Colin put the items down barehanded, he gave them a quick wipe off for prints and hastily. If there was time while they talked, he tried to sever the arcane connections on it, in case it was Carmon's.

Wiping for prints, yes you have time for that, trying to get rid of arcane connections would take a little longer off course this was a rote that you have done allot of times now so you could try to do it without foci, just by focusing your mind and by that doing it as soon as you could think, perhaps only helped by a hand gesture or two, but there was always a chance such a rushed working world fail badly.

"Later! Our enemies are not completely nullified," he warned, trying to keep himself in a stance to protect the others. He scanned ahead and around as they went, in case there was a trap ahead or something had happened that they were not yet aware of as they went.

You see Mirri's green van come towards you, Kristina had picked up on what was going on and she swung up beside the group of mages.
"Get in...I just felt some shit from underground, but the rote was shaky as if the mage casting it did not have complete control over their magick, in either case we do not want to stay and find out what they are cooking up...are everyone alright?"
The young Verbena said without stopping to draw breath. Cara hurried into the van, followed by the Deaconess and Adjan, both of who was still looking around, looking to see if trouble was coming, so far you seamed to be in the clear through but it was not likely to last.

If you get into the van you see Carmon on the floor. Kristina had placed her jacket under his head to try to make him more comfortable but he was still a sorry sight, you see circular burns on exposed parts of his flesh where his deep red, once good quality shirt or pressed black pants had been torn, probably the tea light candles that Mattry had enjoyed placing on him to see him helplessly panic, there where smaller burns as well, and cuts, something had been done to his mouth for it was bloody and torn, several nails had been ripped out and you saw bloody bruises all over what flesh you could see...and then off course there was the stake that had been jammed into his chest. Normally Carmon would be a handsome man, he had almond shaped dark brown eyes and shoulder length, now rather messy, dark brown hair, he looked Italian or Spanish and his features was fine with a eagle nose and sharp thin lips. The vampire glanced at you when you got into the van, he just looked...tired and deep in those pretty brown eyes you saw the same pain you had seen in the eyes of Susannah and her Mentor, or Wolfgang the Mercere Deacon of the Post Office or even sometimes in Joakim's hazel eyes when the hedge wizard did not manage to hide it well enough, and the pain in those eyes mad your Avatar shudder with the memories of it's former host's friend that had ridden out alone...and never came back...first it shuddered and then she cried out in anguish, the part of her that had been shaped by that magus long ago feeling overwhelmed with grief.

Beatrice had once told you how she had experienced her Branding, and the thing she seamed to linger on was not the pain or the shame of being so marked but that she had heard her own soul scream...and now you sort of could understand it for while your fiery warrior did not scream from pain or injury, it cried out in grief and it was a sound that you will never forget, it felt like if for a moment your entire soul was filled with nothing but regret, nothing but the memory of the tall, dark man before you asking you...over a bowl of porridge to ride with him as he worried something was wrong with his House...it was not your fault the choice to focus on his own affairs had come from a man who had lived and died many centuries ago but right now it was as if your soul could not tell the difference and it just felt grief...perhaps she felt grief for the one like herself that had once lived in Carmon, or for the potential that had been snuffed out in him when his House fell to vampirism, or perhaps it was grief over the sorrow and pain in his eyes, and for one moment that sorrow was all she felt, and she screamed...then she reacted as she usually did with anger.
"That fool Tremere..."
You hear and then with near desperation.
"I will protect you my vessel...nothing like this will ever befall us...I will protect you."

Tane:

Consult the spirits of Justice. They are Justice incarnated, they can understand and they can punish fairly. Is that not enough?

"Perhaps but remember justice for one spirit might not be justice for another, for some justice is vengeance, for others justice is preventing another harm there is hard to find any absolutes in this Mr Karyak."
Antonio said softly.

But i get your point and now is not the time to do this. The time must come, though. he said with a frown.

"The time must come indeed, and there is a person, a Quesitor I know who might be able to help you, she have been working against the use of that ritual and to modernize Tradition justice for years...she might be a good person for you to ally yourself with Mr Karyak if you really want to attain change, but we will talk about that later yes?"
The Scribe said and nodded.

Whenever you like. The more the merrier, and you can find it curious as well: at home there lives 2 weresharks, 1 werespider, 1 wererat and 2 spirits, one of them being the house.

"The only werecreatures I have ever met was Bastet, and they where beautiful and wise, they sometimes work with my House, and a Kitsune that live at a Chantry in the city."
Antonio said then he nodded.
"Very well I will bring my student and a good bottle of wine and come visit you when time allow."
He added and smiled.

Where is the other team? heading to another entrance?

"No it is that old, brown car right ahead of us, we are following them and your two friends are behind us."
Antonio said and pointed at a brown car that had seen quite a few winters come and pass, that car stopped before a night open convenience store about a block from the abandoned storehouse and Antonio drove up beside them.
"Could you ask Madame Alessa if she could sneak in, I understand it that she get quite small, and perhaps get a look at what we are dealing with?"
Antonio asked you.

(OOC: Ah sweet oblivion...well my husband always says that if we had lived in the World of Darkness he would probably be a widderslainte and I am married to the guy so...hum... Razz )

(OOC 2: If you want to try to cut arcane connections on the blood and do so quickly then you can try with a plus one diff unless Aldley are able to work without foci in that given Sphere in that case a normal difficulty though he seams more used to working with tools than without them.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Wiping for prints, yes you have time for that, trying to get rid of arcane connections would take a little longer off course this was a rote that you have done allot of times now so you could try to do it without foci, just by focusing your mind and by that doing it as soon as you could think, perhaps only helped by a hand gesture or two, but there was always a chance such a rushed working world fail badly.

Considering the time and the fact that he was carrying enough paradox to cause real and present difficulties, not just for him either, he decided against it. The last few times he'd tried to do the simple effects with prime paradox had politely slapped him. He said, "When we get back to the car, someone has to check our guest for arcane connections, like to this flask. Can't do it now..."

"Get in...I just felt some shit from underground, but the rote was shaky as if the mage casting it did not have complete control over their magick, in either case we do not want to stay and find out what they are cooking up...are everyone alright?"

"Think so, we need to leave," he agreed. "She can manifest her Fallen avatar outside her body and the vampires are not permanently out. Someone hide the van...did you check him to see if they did anything to...him, to make him a threat? Call in if we need an emergency pick up but otherwise let's get the hell out of here immediately." Once everyone was inside and they were on the road, he reached out towards the elemental brothers and let them know their work was complete and that he was grateful for their assistance, and that he would repay them in kind.

And then...because he had to, because he had to check and see if it really -was- Carmon and not some other vampire in his place, some Tremere or Nephandi trick, he searched downwards the van's floor as he found a place to sit. He'd been putting it off, not out of fear or malice but because he knew it would disturb his avatar. And disturb it, it did once the recognition clicked, especially given he'd been recently tortured. It was good he didn't get to see him until now for the feelings that arose from his were so overwhelmingly powerful he was struck dumb for a moment, stunned. He couldn't stop looking at what had become of the man, so much so that he could not extricate himself from the past...the guilt and anguish of his avatar consumed him with its scream. Physically, he made no sound at all but his eyes were wide and an expression of undiluted devastated on his face. Then its words arose into his being and provided an anchor for him to grasp onto and try to return to his senses and regain control over the flood of shared emotions. Who he was right-in-the-now. Adley, he was Adley, they had to get out of here...they still needed to get away, it wasn't over yet...not safe.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:44 pm

He said, "When we get back to the car, someone has to check our guest for arcane connections, like to this flask. Can't do it now..."

"I can take care of that once we get back to the car Sodalis."
Cara said as she hurried in that direction.
"I agree it is best to just get to safety now."

"Think so, we need to leave," he agreed. "She can manifest her Fallen avatar outside her body and the vampires are not permanently out. Someone hide the van...did you check him to see if they did anything to...him, to make him a threat? Call in if we need an emergency pick up but otherwise let's get the hell out of here immediately."

"I will get us moving as soon as everyone is safely inside..."
Kristina said, the flood of questions did not seam to bother her much but she did look surprised when you mentioned Matty's Avatar.
"She can what? Well I guess you can tell me more about that later. I did the best I could to check our guest over and I found nothing but what you would expect with a vampire blood mage."
The Verbena explained and she hit the gas and got the van moving as soon as the last member of the party was inside.
"I am already on it."
Adjan said about hiding the van and he had his bone dice in his hand rolling them, he to looked rather surprised about being told someone could manifest their soul outside of their body but there was little time to ask questions yet, the party was far from safe before it got the hell out of the way.

Once everyone was inside and they were on the road, he reached out towards the elemental brothers and let them know their work was complete and that he was grateful for their assistance, and that he would repay them in kind.

"We preserve things it is what we do and we like being given tasks."
Allassor said.
"Be safe carrier of the beacon inside."
His brother greeted as the two Umbrood slowly retreated into the deeper, higher parts of the Umbra that they called home and you lost contact with them through the stones you carried in your shoes and with them went went the feeling of cool, unchanging stone underfoot that was always there when the Brothers where present.

Then its words arose into his being and provided an anchor for him to grasp onto and try to return to his senses and regain control over the flood of shared emotions. Who he was right-in-the-now. Adley, he was Adley, they had to get out of here...they still needed to get away, it wasn't over yet...not safe.

It was as if your Avatar, through it's grief understood the need for you to stay alert for a bit longer, but it was not easy for her to hold back her powerful flow of emotions for while she was a perfect being, she was no longer perfect when joined with a host, perhaps that was the point, for a perfect being to be able to learn she had to become imperfect and with imperfection came all to human emotions.
"What he would have been is lost..."
Your soul cried, but then it focused on another soul, one that would have been destroyed but which was saved, your sister.
"One was saved...one was lost but this incarnation, this life saved another..."
The fiery warrior muttered, you could hear her deep in your mind.
"And yet saving one to do make up for loosing another..."

Cara gave you a concerned look as you sat there.
"Are you quite alright Mr Roth Hicks?"
She asked.
"Ehm...you wanted me to check the vampire for spells and arcane connections do you still want me to do so?"
Something told the Criamon that you might be a bit protective of the poor creature on the floor right now, instinct possibly and she felt the need to ask before she started casting spells on Carmon.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Maybe, but it's a start. he said wryly. Please, remember me to contact that person.

I have never met Kitsune myself, and only briefly have met Bastets, but i'm sure it's enrichening

I'm on it. Tane said and sent a message for Alessa to move in and start her reconaissance
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:14 pm

Maybe, but it's a start. he said wryly. Please, remember me to contact that person.

"I will remind you to contact her Mr Karyak."
Antonio said and nodded.
"And yes it is a start, but if you want change you have to start somewhere and Rome was not built in one day."

I have never met Kitsune myself, and only briefly have met Bastets, but i'm sure it's enrichening

"Kitsune are fascinating, they can even learn hedge wizardry I hear and they practice a most beautiful form of paper based magic from Asia."
The Scribe said.
"Bastet are wise, well some of them, there is a great variation between the various types of them, a tiger is far different to a house cat."

I'm on it. Tane said and sent a message for Alessa to move in and start her reconaissance

You get a reply back saying.
"Very well I will send in a couple of my spiders."
Shortly after you see a handful of tarantulas hurry towards the storehouse from the Ananasi's car. After a few minutes you get a new message on your phone saying.
"I am moving in...well parts of me are...I just hope the bloody guard dog at the door do not notice me, he is Garou I am sure of it...well at least he is Fera I am pretty sure he is a wolf and that is always bad news."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:34 pm

As he made it back to the car, he grimaced at Kristina, "We were swarmed by rats down there - I hope you can get us all the shots we might need."
"She can what? Well I guess you can tell me more about that later. I did the best I could to check our guest over and I found nothing but what you would expect with a vampire blood mage."

Damn rats...he hoped no one got bitten. At least the boots had come in handy for that, he'd have to thank the Deaconess for that.

Maybe unmanifest was more accurate but they could speculate later. "Good," he said to their replies, not intentionally rudley but perhaps shortly, as if a box in his mental ticklist was being checked off.

His brother greeted as the two Umbrood slowly retreated into the deeper, higher parts of the Umbra that they called home and you lost contact with them through the stones you carried in your shoes and with them went went the feeling of cool, unchanging stone underfoot that was always there when the Brothers where present.

'Farewell and be careful as you go, something is happening underground,'. Then the grounding sensation disappeared with the spirits, leaving him just the feeling of rocks in his boots again. Their presence had helped in more ways than one.

"What he would have been is lost..." Your soul cried, but then it focused on another soul, one that would have been destroyed but which was saved, your sister. "One was saved...one was lost but this incarnation, this life saved another..." The fiery warrior muttered, you could hear her deep in your mind. "And yet saving one to do make up for loosing another..."

'It doesn't but we must go on, there are others that need us. And we must get what is left of him away from a worse fate...as well of all the other people here...our friends in the now,' he said, trying to calm them both down enough to do what they had to do.'Remember them...the ones here, around us. And back home.' Home...Steelhaven...but also before, it was Morningstar. When they were 'really' brother and sister,' like Bee had said. 'We need to persevere, or more could be lost than otherwise...yes, he is worth grieving over but now is a dangerous time and place...'

"Are you quite alright Mr Roth Hicks?" She asked.

He didn't look alright...even during the fight and dealing with the discorporated Nephandus's avatar and about a hundred things going on, he looked less shaken than at the sight of Carmon on the floor, staked through the heart and burnt. It took a second for him to recognize that he was even being addressed and snap out of it, taking a sharp breath in. He glanced at her and then asked, "The blood...in the flask, if you can see if it's linked, prevent it from being used against finding us..." he said, remembering what Kris said when they got into the van. "Otherwise he has been checked over," he said, voice sounding very off, as if he were in some kind of pain or turmoil, as the emotions of his avatar fermented. He glanced back down again, trying to remember not to look Carmon straight in the eyes and steeled himself, fingers curling over the edge of the seat as if it might help himself hold on better. "Can you understand me?" he asked him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:15 pm

Colin gave Adley a quick nod as he wiped the flask with his sleeves and quickly checked for any threads that might have caught and come off, just in case, "Now, now, miss Willis, you saw what I can do with resonated Tass down there - resonance from Tass is not my greatest concern. The poisoning, on the other hand... and the tracking..."
He sighed, "I would have liked to study it a little further, though."
He grinned at Adjan, "They're not dead, just stunned. And they've got beautiful plumage."

Climbing into the car, he frowned at Carmon's appearance, "Poor guy... I hope Matty's Avatar explained in great detail how terrified it was; she did not treat Carmon right... Ah, Mrs. Knox, once we clear the area, we might need tetanus shots and the like. Rat swarm; they made a hell of an effort to make life unpleasant for us."
He looked down at Adley, "I gather we got the right guy... I left the flask behind with the phone, remember? Nothing to check as we scarper."
He sighed and gently leaned down to close Carmon's eyes, cautious not to look directly at them, "Rest now, old chap... events have not been kind to you; but now, perhaps, you can catch a break... let me just close your eyes for a bit."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:56 am

"Rats? Did any of you get bit?"
Kristina asked as she turned back to glance at the party.
"I am not medically trained I can use healing though, and herbs but if what you are looking for are a tetnus shot then you would do better asking Dr Horton."
The Verbena said as the group climbed into the car.

'Farewell and be careful as you go, something is happening underground,'. Then the grounding sensation disappeared with the spirits, leaving him just the feeling of rocks in his boots again. Their presence had helped in more ways than one.

"We are careful but we will preserve that which is important even if we are hurt. You preserve yourself as well carrier of the beacon within."
Allassor said before the pair was completely gone into the High Umbral planes that they called their home.

'It doesn't but we must go on, there are others that need us. And we must get what is left of him away from a worse fate...as well of all the other people here...our friends in the now,' he said, trying to calm them both down enough to do what they had to do.'Remember them...the ones here, around us. And back home.' Home...Steelhaven...but also before, it was Morningstar. When they were 'really' brother and sister,' like Bee had said. 'We need to persevere, or more could be lost than otherwise...yes, he is worth grieving over but now is a dangerous time and place...'

"Yes, we need to protect the ones in the now, I remember..."
Your Avatar said softly, she felt so mournful.
"I can not help what he was, but we can protect those we call friends, and the woman that have been your sister and friend in many lifetimes, and the forest God that live inside her, we can protect them all."
She said but you still felt that sadness and regret from her, if only that magus long ago had gone with his friend, perhaps he could have saved him. You see little glimpses of memories from that life, you see this man now laid before you broken and tortured as a little boy of ten or so as the two of you, apprentices then was sneaking into the Covenant's kitchen to steal pastries. You notice a scar on Carmon's cheek, just a slightly raised line that had been washed out with time and you remember how he got it. The man who had taught you in that lifetime had not been kind, he was quick to anger and quicker to reach for the switch. You remember being fourteen, your back and chest soaked with your own blood, laying on the cold stone floor of the Covenant thinking that this was it, your master was really going to kill you this time, and then Carmon stepped in and your teacher's switch hit him across the face...the beating had stopped then especially since Carmon's...no not that name at the time...Ira, his apprentice name had been Ira, Ira's Mentor had been less than pleased about his apprentice being hurt and he had challenged your teacher to Certamen. You remember falling in love with the Covenant's baker's son, a round faced, red haired lad one year younger then yourself and Carmon playing the role of messenger between the two of you, and you remember your friend holding you as you wept when your teacher found out about the relationship and nearly beat the young grog boy to death and sent him and his father from the Covenant. You remember how drunk you got when you and Ira celebrated passing your Gauntlets at the same Tribunal and for some reason loosing one of your shoes of all the things to remember from a former life...you remember sitting by Carmon's bedside as the young magus recovered after his first Certamen against his pater to try to win his sigil, and you remember him weeping during the war when he brought death to those that had been Sodalis in the Order...more and more little memories flood your mind, most of them unimportant, just little flashes of the life you had shared with this man, some of them happy and some of them painful but all of them with a slight bitterness to them now considering what had happened to him...if only he had not ridden out alone...

"The blood...in the flask, if you can see if it's linked, prevent it from being used against finding us..." he said, remembering what Kris said when they got into the van. "Otherwise he has been checked over," he said, voice sounding very off, as if he were in some kind of pain or turmoil, as the emotions of his avatar fermented.

"I will check if there is any strong connections to him. Mr Wainwright left the flask to checking that directly is hard, I am afraid my brother have never managed to teach me the art of Correspondence."
Cara said softly before she let her hands begin to move again and she muttered in Arabic this time which even if you did not understand the language you could hear she was fluent in.
"There are no strong arcane connections on his person, though there is some on the stake but that can be just his feeling about it, I will see if I can clear them out...but are you sure you are...alright?"
The Criamon said sounding a bit worried.

He glanced back down again, trying to remember not to look Carmon straight in the eyes and steeled himself, fingers curling over the edge of the seat as if it might help himself hold on better. "Can you understand me?" he asked him.

The vampire looked at you, there was no malice in his eyes but he looked scared and tired and he was clearly in pain. After a few moments you sort of felt his mind there for a moment but the sensations stopped as if Carmon had reached out telepathically to communicate but then thought better of it, or perhaps he did not get though your magickal defenses, in either case he simply looked to the right, twice.

Colin gave Adley a quick nod as he wiped the flask with his sleeves and quickly checked for any threads that might have caught and come off, just in case, "Now, now, miss Willis, you saw what I can do with resonated Tass down there - resonance from Tass is not my greatest concern. The poisoning, on the other hand... and the tracking..."

"Hum...yes I did see Mr Wainwright most impressive."
Cara said then she glanced at the flask.
"Yes well vampire blood make my skin crawl and considering my House that means my physical self is not the only one that dislike it, tracking is the main concern though, blood being blood."
She said and shuddered.

"I am sure Kristina can set you up with some vampire blood if you really want to study it Mr Wainwright, vampire blood that are not linked to the Nephandi so they can track us down if we have it."

He grinned at Adjan, "They're not dead, just stunned. And they've got beautiful plumage."

Adjan just grinned back at that as he ran towards the car.

Climbing into the car, he frowned at Carmon's appearance, "Poor guy... I hope Matty's Avatar explained in great detail how terrified it was; she did not treat Carmon right... Ah, Mrs. Knox, once we clear the area, we might need tetanus shots and the like. Rat swarm; they made a hell of an effort to make life unpleasant for us."

"The infirmary at Morningstar should have what you need."
Kristina said.
"And if Dr Horton is not awake one of the hedge wizards that serve as nurses should be since there are patients there, are you all alright...what about you Cara did you get bit?"
The Verbena asked sounding concerned. Cara looked herself over.
"I do not think so I have a few scrapes and considering how many rats there where I think I will take one of those shots as well evening if I absolutely hate getting them, just to be safe but I at least am fine."
She said and Kristina looked more concerned.
"Those scrapes did not..."
Cara shook her head.
"No...just regular skin...or you would probably not have to ask if I was fine."
She added with a wry grin.

Kristina glanced at you in the rear view mirror.
"You spoke to this disembodied Avatar Mr Wainwright...and scared it? How on earth did you manage that?"

He sighed and gently leaned down to close Carmon's eyes, cautious not to look directly at them, "Rest now, old chap... events have not been kind to you; but now, perhaps, you can catch a break... let me just close your eyes for a bit."

That clearly scared the vampire, to be that helpless and then to be made blind, you heard a very soft, gurgling whimper some from him, probably as much sound as he was able to make as the moment, but it clearly spoke of rising terror and then you heard like a voice in your head that was not your yelling.
"No..."
Sounding rather panicled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:05 am

"I am sure Kristina can set you up with some vampire blood if you really want to study it Mr Wainwright, vampire blood that are not linked to the Nephandi so they can track us down if we have it."

"No! Not a good idea." Considering the Tremere, the fact that they were in fact there to move about a member of the original House that his avatar recalled personally, having his current friend messing around with vampire blood was not an idea he wanted to entertain in any way shape or form. Losing one friend's avatar to the poison of vampire blood was painful enough and add to that what had happened to Joakim and the poor Orphan back at Steelhaven...

"Yes, we need to protect the ones in the now, I remember..." Your Avatar said softly, she felt so mournful. "I can not help what he was, but we can protect those we call friends, and the woman that have been your sister and friend in many lifetimes, and the forest God that live inside her, we can protect them all."

The lifetime that his avatar's former's host was bestowed on him, little bits of it like a photograph album but more faithful, for it showed the bad things that would never be left as testament. Photograph albums only showed the good things, presented a certain way. But here was a real life, though not entire it captured their relationship better than any picture or memento ever could. Ira who became Carmon and...him, no the former vessel from then, the Flambeau, friend to this man (who?), once so long ago...but as it came over him it was hard to disentangle that it was not his own life, his own memories, even if so much time had passed, so much was different...but now they were here.

He looked down at Adley, "I gather we got the right guy... I left the flask behind with the phone, remember? Nothing to check as we scarper."

"Yes, it is him," he said sadly, looking at Colin with the sort of look that one might when someone they loved had died right in front of them and they were too shocked for tears to come yet. Then he looked confused as he talked about the blood as well as overwhelmed, trying to sort through it all and trying to find out why he'd been concerned. "Unless it's his blood...in that flask."

"There are no strong arcane connections on his person, though there is some on the stake but that can be just his feeling about it, I will see if I can clear them out...but are you sure you are...alright?"

"Please be careful with him, he was subjected to torture. I only wish to allow us to travel safely and if there was something the Nephandi did to him to turn him into a threat to us, such as a bomb, to ensure that we can figure a way to deal with that." He did not seem to be inclined to state the obvious - no, he was not alright, but he was trying to wrap his mind around it all and carry on anyway.

The vampire looked at you, there was no malice in his eyes but he looked scared and tired and he was clearly in pain. After a few moments you sort of felt his mind there for a moment but the sensations stopped as if Carmon had reached out telepathically to communicate but then thought better of it, or perhaps he did not get though your magickal defenses, in either case he simply looked to the right, twice.

Adley gave a nod in response. "We are going somewhere safe but for now you must stay...in this state until some more time has passed and we can deal with some things. It is likely they are after us to get you back to fulfill their plans so we must swiftly get away from this area. I am...sorry..." he said. He was sorry about a lot more than what was happening to him right nowtHe couldn't make him any promises or deals but he could tell him that much, to keep him from panic.

Ah, Mrs. Knox, once we clear the area, we might need tetanus shots and the like. Rat swarm; they made a hell of an effort to make life unpleasant for us."
"Rats? Did any of you get bit?" Kristina asked

He looked down and checked himself over at the legs and arms, where the things might have got him. He hadn't felt anything at the time but them climbing on him, in a dazed manner. He looked over at Adjan and asked him, "Can you keep a lookout?"

That clearly scared the vampire...you heard a very soft, gurgling whimper some from him, probably as much sound as he was able to make...

"Please, calm down..." He frowned at his obvious distress, it was a sorry sight to see him reduced to this. They were going to have to do something when they got back to the chantry at least, he'd already seen them all but the less he saw the better for security. But first they had to get there.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:34 am

"No! Not a good idea."

"No it is not a good idea, our Order have rules against dealing to closely with vampires for a reason, but yes at least the blood of a friendly vampire would be safer than what is in that bottle."
Cara said and nodded.
"If Mr Wainwright really want to study it I mean."

"Please be careful with him, he was subjected to torture. I only wish to allow us to travel safely and if there was something the Nephandi did to him to turn him into a threat to us, such as a bomb, to ensure that we can figure a way to deal with that." He did not seem to be inclined to state the obvious - no, he was not alright, but he was trying to wrap his mind around it all and carry on anyway.

"He is a Tremere he might be able to feel my magick, but it will not hurt him."
Cara said in an assuring tone of voice.
"I examined him there is nothing there other than him being full of Quintessence but we knew he had been over fed and off course there is the curse that is supposed to be there, the one that well...animates him other than that there are no magick there, I suspect the Nephandi even wiped whatever wards and protections he himself have put up."
The Criamon said before she begun her working.

Adley gave a nod in response. "We are going somewhere safe but for now you must stay...in this state until some more time has passed and we can deal with some things. It is likely they are after us to get you back to fulfill their plans so we must swiftly get away from this area. I am...sorry..." he said. He was sorry about a lot more than what was happening to him right nowtHe couldn't make him any promises or deals but he could tell him that much, to keep him from panic.

The vampire looked at you though he made to attempt to look straight into your eyes, he seamed scared but accepting, he knew as well as anyone that releasing a wounded, terrified vampire in a confined space like a car was not a good idea. Suddenly through as you told him you where sorry he gave you a curious look, there was a moment of almost amusement in his eyes as if he had seen something reminding him of a long lost memory, then he went back to just looking tired and scared.

He looked down and checked himself over at the legs and arms, where the things might have got him. He hadn't felt anything at the time but them climbing on him, in a dazed manner. He looked over at Adjan and asked him, "Can you keep a lookout?"

You did not have any bites but there where scratches, nothing really to be worried about save for what diseases the sewer rats might carry. Adjan nodded and placed himself so he could keep a lookout the back window.
"We are clear for now ladies and gentlemen, let us hope it lasts."
He muttered sounding worried.

"Please, calm down..." He frowned at his obvious distress, it was a sorry sight to see him reduced to this. They were going to have to do something when they got back to the chantry at least, he'd already seen them all but the less he saw the better for security. But first they had to get there.

Carmon continued to whimper or well whatever you could call the very soft, very scarred sounding noise that came from him, he could not even scream, or protest all he could do was make that barely audible sound, it was clear however that being denied vision when that helpless distressed him allot.
"Try to distract him...it is not much more we can do while on the road."
Kristina said as she focused on driving the car she sounded like she did not like the distressed state of the old vampire.
"See if you can keep him from panicking, what are you doing to him anyway?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:06 am

Colin nodded and glanced at Adley, "At some point, I should like to study those resonances further. It is no rush, though... cautionary tales aside. And in any case, the examinations I have in mind would not require tissue exposure, just observation."
He grimaced and touched his leg where the rat bit, "One of the little buggers managed to chomp down on my leg, just above the boot... Not sure whether he broke skin or just pinched, but why take chances? Oh, and sorry for being so rough, miss Willis, but I rather was running on instinct when the swarm hit."
He shrugged to Kristina, "Bugger if I know how I could talk to it - Adley shared his senses with me, and I could, er, hear the thing and talk back to it. It appears Fallen Avatars are afraid of mine..."
He nodded to Carmon and withdrew his hand again, "Alright, sorry... I don't suppose you could easily tell me a way to make you a little more comfortable for the ride, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:28 am

He grimaced and touched his leg where the rat bit, "One of the little buggers managed to chomp down on my leg, just above the boot... Not sure whether he broke skin or just pinched, but why take chances? Oh, and sorry for being so rough, miss Willis, but I rather was running on instinct when the swarm hit."

You see there is a bit of blood staining your pants, it was not a deep wound but given that the animal that bit you lived in the sewers having it tended to are probably a good idea. Cara gave you a bit of a smile.
"Oh that is quite alright Mr Wainwright I am not used to being touched but I am also not made of glass and we had to get out of there, you helped me, thank you..."
She said then she looked at your leg.
"How are you doing, do the bite hurt?"
She said and handed you a clean handkerchief from her pocket.
"Here put something on it until we get back to the Morningstar."

He shrugged to Kristina, "Bugger if I know how I could talk to it - Adley shared his senses with me, and I could, er, hear the thing and talk back to it. It appears Fallen Avatars are afraid of mine..."

"I did not think Fallen Avatars was afraid of much, forgive me for prying but I got the news that my relative..."
She said not sure if she should mention names in front of the vampire on the floor, he was Tremere after all.
"And that you are a member of her Cabal, is her soul afraid of you? Ah...well like I said I should not pry."
Kristina said and sigh.
"Well perhaps there is something about you that are a threat to Fallen souls."

He nodded to Carmon and withdrew his hand again, "Alright, sorry... I don't suppose you could easily tell me a way to make you a little more comfortable for the ride, then?"

"Thank you."
You heard in your head again, a soft, sad sound that voice that seamed like your own thoughts but which where not. At least those whimpers stopped when you where no longer blocking his eyes.
"Just...let me see, there is not much to do for it, a stake do what it do...but thank you for asking Sir."
The voice was clearly there in your mind like a soft whisper and the vampire's brown eyes turned to you for a moment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:42 am

Colin grimaced, "Well, I'm getting that shot... The little shit managed to break skin. Doesn't look like he took a chunk out of my leg, though. It doesn't hurt, really - or at least, not so much as to be worth noting - but it's quite probably infected, alright... Thanks, miss Willis."
He pulled up his trouser leg and neatly tied the handkerchief around the leg, checking that it stayed in place before covering the whole thing up again. "If you'd like the handkerchief back, let me know so I can wash it properly first, alright?"
He shrugged, "I don't think hers is afraid of mine, but things changed today... Perhaps it could be likened to a mask coming off. Then again, it may be that hers is less... committed to the cause."
He closed his eyes and gave Carmon a soft nod, "You're welcome... It's really the least I could do."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:03 am

Colin grimaced, "Well, I'm getting that shot... The little shit managed to break skin. Doesn't look like he took a chunk out of my leg, though. It doesn't hurt, really - or at least, not so much as to be worth noting - but it's quite probably infected, alright... Thanks, miss Willis."

"I can heal your leg when I am not driving Mr Wainwright, I still recommend getting that shot though, illnesses like tetanus are hard to completely remove so just to be sure."
Kristina said. Cara nodded.
"I just got scratched but knowing all the dirt down there better safe than sorry right?"
The Criamon said and sigh.
"I do never think I have ever seen that many rats in one place in my entire life, I do not feel like seeing it again."
She said with a wry grin.

He pulled up his trouser leg and neatly tied the handkerchief around the leg, checking that it stayed in place before covering the whole thing up again. "If you'd like the handkerchief back, let me know so I can wash it properly first, alright?"

"No do not worry about it Mr Wainwright, they are not expensive, just keep it or toss it when you are done with it as you please."
The Criamon said and waved the notion away with her hand.

He shrugged, "I don't think hers is afraid of mine, but things changed today... Perhaps it could be likened to a mask coming off. Then again, it may be that hers is less... committed to the cause."

"Hum...well it could be useful, if Fallen souls are afraid of you perhaps we can use that when we go to kick some Nephandi ass...I do hope it will not cause some problems with my relative though, I assume it can become rather awkward if her soul is afraid of you to."
Kristina said and glanced at you in the rear view mirror.

He closed his eyes and gave Carmon a soft nod, "You're welcome... It's really the least I could do."

Carmon looked at you for a little while.
"Are you going to kill me?"
The soft telepathic voice said, he sounded tired, scared yes but as if he really did not care one way or another he just wanted to know. It also seamed like the telepathic contact was straining for the wounded vampire for it was weaker now, almost impossible to separate from your own thoughts.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:07 am

"No it is not a good idea, our Order have rules against dealing to closely with vampires for a reason, but yes at least the blood of a friendly vampire would be safer than what is in that bottle." Cara said and nodded. "If Mr Wainwright really want to study it I mean."
Colin nodded and glanced at Adley, "At some point, I should like to study those resonances further. It is no rush, though... cautionary tales aside. And in any case, the examinations I have in mind would not require tissue exposure, just observation."

"I can't put those tales aside. No time for arguing about it now, though," he said. He didn't like him messing around with the disgusting tainted tass, either. Even if his rote appeared quite useful. But it was hardly time to set up experiments or arguments.

Suddenly through as you told him you where sorry he gave you a curious look, there was a moment of almost amusement in his eyes as if he had seen something reminding him of a long lost memory, then he went back to just looking tired and scared.

He gave Carmon a confused look, a brow lifting. "Have I said something amusing?"

You see there is a bit of blood staining your pants, it was not a deep wound but given that the animal that bit you lived in the sewers having it tended to are probably a good idea.

"Scratches here too." Then to Colin, "Are you alright?" he asked, focusing on him.

"I think there was a medical kit," he said as his mind tried to focus on what they'd brought with them. "Do you see it there by you?"

"I just got scratched but knowing all the dirt down there better safe than sorry right?" The Criamon said and sigh.

"Yes."

"We are clear for now ladies and gentlemen, let us hope it lasts." He muttered sounding worried

"You said they were doing something beneath the house?" he asked Kris again. "Summoning something?"

"Try to distract him...it is not much more we can do while on the road." Kristina said as she focused on driving the car she sounded like she did not like the distressed state of the old vampire. "See if you can keep him from panicking, what are you doing to him anyway?"

"Carmon, please calm down," he tried again, this time in Latin. His mind was no full, no overfull of things to talk to him about that would likely fall into the category of distraction but none of them were things that he thought he should discuss right now. He noticed that the vampire was looking at Colin and glanced at him as well. There was a space of nothing from his perspective but then Colin replied. "He's using telepathy on you?" He rubbed a spot on the side of his face with the back of a hand and tried to find something to distract the vampire for the moment to calm him down but it seemed that with the threat of imminent blindness he seemed less panicked at least.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:20 am

He gave Carmon a confused look, a brow lifting. "Have I said something amusing?"

Again you see a bit of amusement in the vampire's tired eyes, a sort of recognition or a memory going through his head, he made no sound though only looked at you.

"I think there was a medical kit," he said as his mind tried to focus on what they'd brought with them. "Do you see it there by you?"

"Oh...I had completely forgotten, so sorry...it is behind that seat there."
Adjan said and pointed from where he was keeping watch out the back window.
"There should be basic supplies for cleaning up scrapes there."

"You said they were doing something beneath the house?" he asked Kris again. "Summoning something?"

"Yes that is how it felt like I did not examine to closely not to be detected but it sure felt like Spirit magick summoning some shit we do not want to deal with to me."
Kristina muttered.
"Let us just say I will feel a whole lot better when back safely behind the wards of Morningstar."

"Carmon, please calm down," he tried again, this time in Latin. His mind was no full, no overfull of things to talk to him about that would likely fall into the category of distraction but none of them were things that he thought he should discuss right now.

When Colin no longer was trying to close his eyes the panicked whimpers sopped and Carmon did seam to calm down, at least a little, he looked at you again, never fully meeting your eyes with a mixture of fear and curiosity, perhaps he was wondering who you where, or perhaps he recognized something in you, some of the mannerisms perhaps of the African magus that had been his friend. The vampire did seam to respond better to Latin than English though, it would have been a language he would have spoken in a happier part of his existence.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 am

Colin grimaced bitterly, "I've seen movement patterns like that before... but those were not rats, they were infantry. It's not a pleasant memory..."
He smiled thinly, "I think... hope her Avatar will remember that I've only done good by it."
He shook his head at Carmon's question, and glancing at Adley, shifted to Latin, "It's not mine to take... My Cabalmate here, though, will want to discuss some matters with you."
He nodded to Adley, "He is... he sounds so tired, poor man... Right, I'll leave you two to it and get some antiseptic."
He pulled out the first aid kit and quickly checked it for antiseptics and bandages, "Ah, someone should come up with tetanus shots and the like for these, similar to epi pens..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next