Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 10 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:24 pm

"Going by how there's a pissed off elemental outside, it's likely safe enough here to call them. Yes, let's do that then," he rubbed the bridge of his nose. He could have sworn they'd thought about doing that? Or did they and dismiss it...well, no matter. It would keep Kristina safe for a moment as well, he thought, for the time being.

"Well then the rest of us should probably step aside to give you some space and privacy then."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"Well the presence of a spirit do indicate that it is not dangerous for Umbroods out here at least."
He continued.

"It's a bit...affronted," he said, trying to put the feeling into words. "Like if I had just been caught naked in the shower by a nosey interloper while I wanted to mind my own business.

"Ah I see, well it might be better to leave it alone then as that do not sound like a being that will be to happy about being further disturbed, and for the record that is not a way I would like to surprise a member of House Flambeau."
Kristina said and Cara glanced at the healer.
"I would be more worried about surprising a Verbena in the shower that could lead to nasty accidents with knives."
The Criamon said and Kristina raised an eyebrow.
"You assume then that I bring my knives with me into the shower?"
She asked and Cara nodded.
"Yes I do."
Kristina gave the young Hermeitc a look that said that she might not be wrong in her assumption.

Eh, I might be able to ask the elementals I'll call if they can sense anything, I don't want to cause trouble and gather attention we don't need."

"Yeah the last thing we need is more trouble."
Adjan muttered then he begun to walk a few meters away from the van together with Kristina, Cara and Daisy to give you privacy to do your ritual without anyone overhearing the Brothers' names.
"We will be right over here if anything should happen and will be keeping an eye out."
The Euthanatos said and Kristina nodded at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 10 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Adley Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:46 pm

"Well then the rest of us should probably step aside to give you some space and privacy then." Adjan said then he nodded. "Well the presence of a spirit do indicate that it is not dangerous for Umbroods out here at least."

"That's what I'm thinking."

"Ah I see, well it might be better to leave it alone then as that do not sound like a being that will be to happy about being further disturbed, and for the record that is not a way I would like to surprise a member of House Flambeau."

"Yeah, probably. Being drowned by a puddle-spirit would not be a very glorious way to go."

"Yeah the last thing we need is more trouble." Adjan muttered then he begun to walk a few meters away from the van together with Kristina, Cara and Daisy to give you privacy to do your ritual without anyone overhearing the Brothers' names. "We will be right over here if anything should happen and will be keeping an eye out."The Euthanatos said and Kristina nodded at that.

"Thanks, let me know if you can hear me clearly," he said. Once they were clear (and the little water elemental as well) he gave a glance around the area to make sure he couldn't sense anything else before he set about the ritual. He took out the paper he had inscribed the summoning circle on. Then, if it was clear enough, he concentrated on the feeling of the stones in his shoes and how the pair of elementals had seemed to him the last time he contacted them, his voice reaching out through spiritual vibrations to call them and heed their agreement. He wanted them very clearly to be able to 'arrive' where he was, which was relatively safe. If the group was far enough to not hear him, then he proceeded as normal, otherwise he will utilize the tweak that he had improvised.

// sp2, spirit call: 2, 8, 7 (( if the group or something else that he can see is in vocal range to his knowledge, let me know and I will describe the departure from his regular technique; also if you want a roll for him checking out the area again ))

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:22 pm

"That's what I'm thinking."

Adjan nodded at that.

"Yeah, probably. Being drowned by a puddle-spirit would not be a very glorious way to go."

"There are worse ways to go, but not that many that bring with it less glory."
The Euthanatos said with a grin.

"Thanks, let me know if you can hear me clearly," he said. Once they were clear (and the little water elemental as well) he gave a glance around the area to make sure he couldn't sense anything else before he set about the ritual. He took out the paper he had inscribed the summoning circle on. Then, if it was clear enough, he concentrated on the feeling of the stones in his shoes and how the pair of elementals had seemed to him the last time he contacted them, his voice reaching out through spiritual vibrations to call them and heed their agreement. He wanted them very clearly to be able to 'arrive' where he was, which was relatively safe. If the group was far enough to not hear him, then he proceeded as normal, otherwise he will utilize the tweak that he had improvised.

"Yes I will let you know."
Kristina said and Adjan nodded as the group moved away to give you some space. You see or feel nothing magickal or spiritual as you have a look around, even the little water elemental have slinked away. You call the elementals and the stones in your shoes that normally just feel like cold, hard lumps begin to feel more, well energetic in a way, as if they in some ways are alive and as your voice reach out into the spiritual planes it is responded to and you can feel the presence of the two marble knights in the car beside you.
"Greetings bearer of the beacon within."
Allassor said or rather you felt his voice and your own mind created the words.
"You are in a small metal box, I prefer the ground."
His brother said.
"We are here to perform the task you discussed with us."

(OOC: It do not seam that the others are close enough to hear we might need to modify my post if Warp do not have Colin move back but I do not see why he would not do that but just in case I will edit my post if it is a problem and Adley can use his alternative casting method.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:51 pm

((OOC: Blagh, I bin ded since I crawled from work yesterday. Was supposed to DM D&D today, but had to call in sick. I almost NEVER call in sick from gaming. Sad ))

Colin smiled, "If it is of any comfort, the only reason I'm using tass this heavily resonated now is that it is a far safer - for Traditionalists - means of handling it than the usual method of leaving it to one's seniors to dissipate. It is not something I would want to burden a Master with; not when I've found a method that neutralizes the resonance of tass without eating away at the Mage's Avatar. For the purpose of the rote, though, even the delectably neutral tass from the contested Node will work just beautifully."
He nodded, "I think it might be that the difference between concrete and plain rock is that the concrete is artificially mixed - the incantation I usually use simply refers to rock and earth, and not artificial compositions. Sort of like the difference between a wooden plank and a stack of paper, I suppose. It's not just the base materials, but the process of how it came to take its form that makes a distinction..."
He glanced over at Adley, "That thing you wrote down, I don't suppose that was an attempt at a summoning circle with their names quetly inscribed, so you could try to do it without... well, your voice just isn't the quietest when you work, after all..."
He nodded, "It is wrong, but hopefully, it can be used to set it aright..."
He frowned, "A water spirit on street level? If it's been a couple of days since it last rained here, what was it doing at street level?"
He snorted at Cara and Kristina, "If I were to walk in on a Verbena in the shower, knives would be only the second or third of my worries, next after potted plants and surprising indoors weather changes."
He stood aside with the others, keeping a wary eye on the manor while Adley did his summoning, and mumbled softly to Adjan, "I'm not entirely sure how well acquainted you are with role-playing games, but when it comes to unglorified demises, a friend in basic training had a funny anecdote - the two mages in his adventuring party tag-teamed a dragon by conjuring and enlarging a carrot in the dragon's gullet. A four-plus-millennia old firebreather, choked on a carrot. Seems dignity is a tricky thing to keep however great one is..."
He glanced back at the van, "I wonder, though, how long the summoning will take."

((OOC2: Perception+Alertess to keep an eye on the house while we're waiting, 1,1,1,2,8 REROLL 4,4,7,7,7. Not looking for anything in particular, just light and movement from the building. ))
((OOC3: Enjoy your social lumpings, s7trif3. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Colin smiled, "If it is of any comfort, the only reason I'm using tass this heavily resonated now is that it is a far safer - for Traditionalists - means of handling it than the usual method of leaving it to one's seniors to dissipate. It is not something I would want to burden a Master with; not when I've found a method that neutralizes the resonance of tass without eating away at the Mage's Avatar. For the purpose of the rote, though, even the delectably neutral tass from the contested Node will work just beautifully."

"I get that you have found a way to get rid of corrupted tass safely without having to channel it into a rote or risk Resonance in it's destruction, but would not not be better to just find somewhere safe and destroy all of that foul substance and be done with it?"
Cara asked then she sigh.
"Though I suppose waste not...want not...I am glad other kinds of Tass will work for your rote though Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "I think it might be that the difference between concrete and plain rock is that the concrete is artificially mixed - the incantation I usually use simply refers to rock and earth, and not artificial compositions. Sort of like the difference between a wooden plank and a stack of paper, I suppose. It's not just the base materials, but the process of how it came to take its form that makes a distinction..."

"Yes it might be so, just that for some, working with water it have to be water that have not been made into tea for example even if such a drink is over ninety percent water for many once it is mixed and have become tea it can not longer work as water in a ritual."
Cara said and nodded.
"Perceptions around this vary allot though."

He nodded, "It is wrong, but hopefully, it can be used to set it aright..."

Adjan sigh and nodded to this.

He frowned, "A water spirit on street level? If it's been a couple of days since it last rained here, what was it doing at street level?"

"You do have a point there Mr Wainwright...what is a water spirit doing on a dry street?"
Kristina muttered.
"It could be just innocently moving from one place to another but anything out of the ordinary right now have me worried, though it seamed I needed to have it pointed out as out of the ordinary first..."
She continued.

He snorted at Cara and Kristina, "If I were to walk in on a Verbena in the shower, knives would be only the second or third of my worries, next after potted plants and surprising indoors weather changes."

"Ah yes the Art of Wind can be quite useful against accidental bathroom guests and well plants, potted or otherwise tend to be rather protective of us."
Kristina said and grinned.

He stood aside with the others, keeping a wary eye on the manor while Adley did his summoning, and mumbled softly to Adjan, "I'm not entirely sure how well acquainted you are with role-playing games, but when it comes to unglorified demises, a friend in basic training had a funny anecdote - the two mages in his adventuring party tag-teamed a dragon by conjuring and enlarging a carrot in the dragon's gullet. A four-plus-millennia old firebreather, choked on a carrot. Seems dignity is a tricky thing to keep however great one is..."

"I have not played allot of roleplaying games I played a bit of this German game...The Black Eye or something when I was in a correction facility for youth as a teenager, unlike American prisons they actually encourage hobbies and well becoming better people...and a group activity such as a roleplaying game was seen as positive, I do not remember much about it save that the mages in that game had a problem with metal. I had just Awakened at the time and was a little worried about that...the dragon in your story though...well now that do sound like an undignified way to go indeed."
Adjan replied to you and gave a bit of a wry grin.
"It is not as my Tradition would say a good death to choke on an enchanted vegetable."

He glanced back at the van, "I wonder, though, how long the summoning will take."

"Adley said it would take about a minute so I will assume around that plus what time he will need to instruct the spirits."
Adjan said and glanced towards the villa but there where no movement over there for now, in fact you could not see anyone but your group of mages out on the street at all right now though in some of the windows you saw families around the dinner table or sitting and watching TV. Everything seam fine for now.

(OOC: I hope you feel better soon Warp, no canceling RPG sessions are never any fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Stopping the destroyers can protector you from being attacked, that much i can try. But i need to find them, for that he told the spirit Would you help me find them?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:28 am

"How can I help you find them? All space are one."
The spirit said.
"But yes I will help you if I can."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:48 pm

Maybe you can show me or describe me what you saw and felt of them, their trail. Maybe you can identify them or lead is to someone who can...
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:09 pm

"They where there to destroy, two where like the man who lived here but different, mam, spirit and beast, they had with them a creature that once was man but are man no longer and one such as you who have inside of them one that I can not touch and who can change the world at will. They felt fearful and angry."
The Umbrood said then he seamed confused.
"What is an identity?"
It said clearly not understanding.
"There is another like you on this land, perhaps she can tell you more."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Two Fera, a Mage and a Fomorian: SOunded like jackpot What beasts were them? Spiders?

Identity is what you are. I am a healer, you are the decay of things to return as nourishment for the living. What were they?

Can you take me to the one like me?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Two Fera, a Mage and a Fomorian: SOunded like jackpot What beasts were them? Spiders?

"I do not know, one was very static and firm and the other wild and dynamic, I could feel their nature but not the exact details of it."
The earth spirit said.

Identity is what you are. I am a healer, you are the decay of things to return as nourishment for the living. What were they?

"You are correct, that is what I am, decay to nourish new life, a continuation of the cycle, they where destruction for the case of destruction, decay gone mad...they scared me, they try to dissolve the web of creation for the nothingness beyond."

Can you take me to the one like me?

"Yes, that I can do."
The Umbrood said and jumped down from the counter, dirt littering his steps in the Umbral plane he dwelled in.
"Follow me being who can change the world at will and your amalgam of spirit and flesh friends as well."
He said and begun to walk out of the old, tired trailer.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Did they use in any moment the words or ideas of Ananasi, Garou, Gurahl or Rokea? the other black espiral dancer was a mystery until now, but maybe an idea of it's race could help?

Being of the Wyrm, of the Qyrl. he muttered. In both worlds he moved along and said follow me, there's a mage. but he asked the spirit What kind of mage is her?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:12 pm

"The names say nothing to me, they where beast, man and spirit, that is all I can tell you."
The earth spirit said now clearly irritated by all the questions you where asking that he did not understand.

"I have heard destruction, entropy, decay be called the Wyrm...the great hunter, needed but insane..."
The Umbrood said as it walked before you leading the way. Alessa nodded and came with you.
"A mage is this safe?"
She asked and put her hand on the gun in her purse. Strawberry changed her shape back into that of a small white rat again and ran under some of the trailers, you saw her now and again but she clearly felt it best to stay hidden.

"What is a mage? Your words have no meaning to me."
The Umbrood said again sounding irritated.
"She is female...I think from how I understand, she is one of those that grow small humans from the soil in her belly, and she walks barefoot in the grass, she is like you with a spirit that is not a spirit living inside of her and a will than burn like ancient fire and turn sand to glass and coal to soil."
He replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:07 am

You don't fear me, You didn't fear the ther two girls, you have no reasn to fear this mage. The spirit has told me he has seen a Wyrm's Mage, a Nephandus, so at least she's not one of those. If this age is not insane, it is safe, then. NO Technocrat lived in a place like this, with certainty.

She and i, those with theese strong spirits. That people are mages.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:37 am

He glanced over at Adley, "That thing you wrote down, I don't suppose that was an attempt at a summoning circle with their names quetly inscribed, so you could try to do it without... well, your voice just isn't the quietest when you work, after all..."

"It was an adjustment, a workaround...no, a work-with. But you will not find their Names there," he said a bit brusquely, giving Colin a look. It was as if he'd just been asked something a bit too personal for his taste in a public setting. The look turned to one of amusement just as fast, each flickering emotion skipping to the next. "But you were part of the inspiration for it, if you must know," he said, as if letting him in on a secret. That expression vanished too, receding back to the more serious one, back to business.

"Hm," he said, his brows coming together. "I didn't think of that...it's skulking off that way," he said with a frown, looking towards it to see where it was heading, whether in a parallel 'direction' in the near umbra or further into it.

"Greetings bearer of the beacon within." Allassor said or rather you felt his voice and your own mind created the words.

"You are in a small metal box, I prefer the ground." His brother said. "We are here to perform the task you discussed with us."

'Thank you for coming, friends. Do you see that house over there...the one that feels static and sick? That is where the man is being kept, below the house in the basement where it is man-made stone and earth. We think there may be a barrier against spirits around the house that could harm you or keep you out and that would make it hard for us to accomplish our goal together. We must assess if it is safe for you to go into or near that place, but do it without alerting anyone in that house. That is why you are here near the metal box and not in that place directly,' he began to explain, in as simple terms as possible.

// Ugh I hate being sick. I hope you feel better soon, Warp!

And this introvert needs to recharge the social battery, it's critical level, blinking red - the fact it's 37C+ doesn't help.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:30 am

Colin smiled, "I look forward to be rid of the stuff - but until I have a free day to sit down and carefully dispose of it, I'll actually feel safer tactically applying it than leaving it in a locker where it can fester for an unknown amount of time. I'll be glad to tinker with the siphon with cleaner tass, though."
He nodded, then shook his head and grinned, "You know, I did try a deep scan to look for metal traces earlier, to look for an electronic tracking device... Seems I was a bit too thorough in constructing the lens, as I could see the trace metals in a tattoo and the blood stream glowing at me. That was... decidedly different. I suspect it pretty much boils down to the specific terminology I use, though - the terms of the filters, as it were."
He grinned, "We have a venerable Verbena at Steelhaven. Smelling ozone around him is generally a good hint to either change the subject or vacate the room for a little while..."
He nodded, "Black Eye... Not familiar with that one - but then, I haven't played much outside of a little AD&D in the eighties, anyway. I liked the storytelling aspect of it, but never really got quite as hooked as some other people I've associated with."
He glanced at the windows where he could see people eating dinner, "That's odd... It must be around two AM now, and families are eating dinner?"
He shook his head at Adley, smiling softly, "I did not mean to pry on their names - just inquiring about your refined work methods. That said, I'm sure you could compose a cipher nobody here could decipher to hide the fellows' names in writing, if you wanted to."
He frowned, "I can't see spirits, so I wouldn't be able to tell where it was headed in the first place, but did it seem like it was patrolling or maintaining surveillance, or perhaps just waiting for a water sprinkler to start up?"

((OOC: Feelin' better. Was just waiting for you, s7trif3. Wink ))
((OOC: 37C+ would be referring to the outdoors temperature, then? Gah, I recommend ice water. Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:57 am

Tane:

You don't fear me, You didn't fear the ther two girls, you have no reasn to fear this mage. The spirit has told me he has seen a Wyrm's Mage, a Nephandus, so at least she's not one of those. If this age is not insane, it is safe, then. NO Technocrat lived in a place like this, with certainty.

Alessa nodded.
"Very well, you will pardon me for staying on my toes anyway I hope."
She grumbled.
"But yes hopefully you are right and this mage you speak of is a nice enough person."

She and i, those with theese strong spirits. That people are mages.

"I see is that so."
The spirit said as it lead you through the forest of trailers and laundery lines and then pointed at a white trailer with a small green outbuilding beside it.
"The one like you lives there."
He informed you.

Adley and Colin:

"Hm," he said, his brows coming together. "I didn't think of that...it's skulking off that way," he said with a frown, looking towards it to see where it was heading, whether in a parallel 'direction' in the near umbra or further into it.

The spirit was moving further down the road but it gets more fuzzy, you think it is slowly moving into a deeper level of the Umbra.

'Thank you for coming, friends. Do you see that house over there...the one that feels static and sick?

"Yes we see that house, it is a bad house, destruction have sunk into it's stone and fundament."
Allassor said and you could feel his displeasure at the building.

That is where the man is being kept, below the house in the basement where it is man-made stone and earth. We think there may be a barrier against spirits around the house that could harm you or keep you out and that would make it hard for us to accomplish our goal together. We must assess if it is safe for you to go into or near that place, but do it without alerting anyone in that house. That is why you are here near the metal box and not in that place directly,' he began to explain, in as simple terms as possible.

"Metal boxes are made from stone, but stone that have been heated and treated by humans until it is no longer what it is."
Innanon said and you felt the same distaste coming from him as you suspect a nature mystic like Master Nassa would have if you served him a heavily processed meal like instant soup.
"There are something we can not see for it is not of the earth around the house, it is wrong and offends us, we believe it is the world of someone with a spirit that is not a spirit inside like you, but one that is foul and wrong."
Allassor informed you.
"We do not want to go near it, but we will protect and preserve the man and your group, that is what we are."
His brother informed you.

Colin smiled, "I look forward to be rid of the stuff - but until I have a free day to sit down and carefully dispose of it, I'll actually feel safer tactically applying it than leaving it in a locker where it can fester for an unknown amount of time. I'll be glad to tinker with the siphon with cleaner tass, though."

"You may be right about that Mr Wainwright and there is a certain irony about using the Fallen's resources against them, but please be careful there is a reason why it is illegal to trade with corrupted Tass in the Traditions, owning it is technically legal, using it for trade is not, that stuff is dangerous, and Resonance can come from proximity as well."
Cara warned you.

He nodded, then shook his head and grinned, "You know, I did try a deep scan to look for metal traces earlier, to look for an electronic tracking device... Seems I was a bit too thorough in constructing the lens, as I could see the trace metals in a tattoo and the blood stream glowing at me. That was... decidedly different. I suspect it pretty much boils down to the specific terminology I use, though - the terms of the filters, as it were."

"Hum...well that must have been a interesting rote, I remember the first time I really looked at my imprints, using magick it was quite overwhelming."
Cara said then she nodded.
"Filters you say Mr Wainwright, well that is an interesting component to your Paradigm."

He grinned, "We have a venerable Verbena at Steelhaven. Smelling ozone around him is generally a good hint to either change the subject or vacate the room for a little while..."

Kristina gave a laugh at that.
"That might be wise, then again it is rare for us to actually hurt an ally it is generally our job to patch them back together again so we would just be creating more work for ourselves."

He nodded, "Black Eye... Not familiar with that one - but then, I haven't played much outside of a little AD&D in the eighties, anyway. I liked the storytelling aspect of it, but never really got quite as hooked as some other people I've associated with."

"It is the same concept as D&D one of the myriad of similar games that popped up as roleplaying gained popularity, it was fun for a while but at the time I was newly Awakened and soon had little time for anything but studies, one of the teachers at the youth facility, I guess the USA would call them guards as their job was also to stop us from leaving through their primary job was as councilors and teachers was Euthanatos he became my Mentor."
Adjan said and gave a bit of a sad smile when thinking of his old teacher.

He glanced at the windows where he could see people eating dinner, "That's odd... It must be around two AM now, and families are eating dinner?"

"Some might have come home late, nice homes often comes with workaholic owners."
Kristina glanced at the windows and noted the two who where eating and the the few who where watching TV and a woman who seamed to be at the counter washing up.
"But yes anything out of the ordinary is worth taking note of just to be safe."

He shook his head at Adley, smiling softly, "I did not mean to pry on their names - just inquiring about your refined work methods. That said, I'm sure you could compose a cipher nobody here could decipher to hide the fellows' names in writing, if you wanted to."

"Not around a Criamon solving puzzles and enigmas are their thing."
Kristina commented and Cara gave her a bit of a look.

He frowned, "I can't see spirits, so I wouldn't be able to tell where it was headed in the first place, but did it seem like it was patrolling or maintaining surveillance, or perhaps just waiting for a water sprinkler to start up?"

"If the spirit belong in water sprinklers would it not then be in the water sprinklers and not on a dry street Mr Wainwright?"
Daisy wondered.

(OOC: Yeah I get that, I often have a problem doing social things to many days in a row. Also that temperature would take down a Sebacian from Farscape. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:34 am

Colin grinned, "I expect I could make a neat profit working for the Umbral Port in clearing out any confiscated qlippothic tass they confiscate, actually... But, all in due time - and yes, the resonance from proximity is part of the reason why I don't want the stuff left in a lockbox for an unspecified amount of time. If I lug it around with me, at least I can keep a wary eye on it, rather than risking it befouling something of value while unguarded."
He shrugged, "Filters is just the simplest term for those lenses through which I view things - my viewing rotes don't affect my sight, they make filtering lenses in my monocles; neat circles for enclosed effects, you know. That way, I can specifically look closer at what is, what is not, what has certain properties, what does not, and so on - and of course whether or not something has been magically tampered with. I know Adley and Adjan can somehow simply see spirits and the like without any special external lens, but bugger if I can figure out exactly how..."
He grinned, "Well, there is that, though I expect Master Nassa has a few centuries of experience in distinguishing between political and personal allies and enemies. Strange bedfellows and all that."
He pondered and nodded to Adjan, "I suppose your Tradition would be very gainfully employed at actual correctional facilities... Not so much the for-profit prisons of the US, but... hm, I've heard some good things about the Norwegian prison system in that regard - I don't suppose you've had some influence there?"
He nodded thoughtfully, "I don't see anything plausibly dangerous, but it still seems a bit late in the night for such activity... The covert nature of this mission might suffer a bit for it."
He glanced from Kristina to Cara, "Point taken. Nevertheless, a linguist would likely be the best equipped to come up with something very hard to crack on the fly."
He shook his head, "If it's a puddle spirit, it seems to me as though it would be waiting for a sprinkler to create a puddle, rather than wait in the water hose... Still, its presence seems conspicuous."

((OOC: Stupid extroverts, draining the energy of their surroundings while we introverts are the ones getting drained - and then the extroverts wonder how we can be exhausted so soon. Neutral ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Colin grinned, "I expect I could make a neat profit working for the Umbral Port in clearing out any confiscated qlippothic tass they confiscate, actually... But, all in due time - and yes, the resonance from proximity is part of the reason why I don't want the stuff left in a lockbox for an unspecified amount of time. If I lug it around with me, at least I can keep a wary eye on it, rather than risking it befouling something of value while unguarded."

"I imagine that would be a successful and appreciated job, you might get hired by Horizon."
Cara said and nodded then she listened to your explanation and nodded again.
"That do sound reasonable actually."
She commented simply.
"Better to be rid of the corrupted Tass than to store it."

He shrugged, "Filters is just the simplest term for those lenses through which I view things - my viewing rotes don't affect my sight, they make filtering lenses in my monocles; neat circles for enclosed effects, you know. That way, I can specifically look closer at what is, what is not, what has certain properties, what does not, and so on - and of course whether or not something has been magically tampered with. I know Adley and Adjan can somehow simply see spirits and the like without any special external lens, but bugger if I can figure out exactly how..."

"Hum...well I guess it is the same as I do not understand how Joe Willis can do magick with his computer. I think your Paradigm make more sense to me though for me it tend to be Hermetic methods and the ritual dances of my House that I use and when I see the world in magickal ways it is as if the supernal is there, on top of our reality as a haze in my vision."
The Criamon explained.

He grinned, "Well, there is that, though I expect Master Nassa has a few centuries of experience in distinguishing between political and personal allies and enemies. Strange bedfellows and all that."

"Ah yes, but then are we not all, three of the Traditions was at war with one another together with the Batini when the Traditions joined up."
Kristina said and Adjan raised an eyebrow.
"Well more the Choristers, the Akashics and the Batini was at war with my Tradition but yes there is no lost love there."
Kristina nodded.
"Indeed, my own Tradition and the Hermetics have always had a rocky history and the Etherites and Adepts where once Technocrats...ehm sorry Deaconess...we are indeed odd bedfellows."
Kristina said and Daisy just nodded.

He pondered and nodded to Adjan, "I suppose your Tradition would be very gainfully employed at actual correctional facilities... Not so much the for-profit prisons of the US, but... hm, I've heard some good things about the Norwegian prison system in that regard - I don't suppose you've had some influence there?"

"No I can not take the credit if they where influenced by anyone it would be Finland..."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"Many forget that for an Euthanatoi, death is just one of the tools we use, we try to keep the Cycle balanced but often teaching someone in danger of going off the deep end how to be a good person do more to restore balance than killing that individual, so yes many of us do work in correctional facilities. When that it said I think the thing with Northern Europe is that they have gotten that the vengeance based judicial system do not work, had I been American I would have either still been in jail causing trouble and contributing nothing to society or I would have been on the streets, hardened by years of abuse. I was set straight instead, got an education, both magickal and mundane and once I was released I joined the Euthanatos Tradition, I have seen other kids from that facility have jobs, families, good lives now, and the one I was in was not quite as progressive as what you will find in Norway and Denmark."

He nodded thoughtfully, "I don't see anything plausibly dangerous, but it still seems a bit late in the night for such activity... The covert nature of this mission might suffer a bit for it."

"Let me see...three...four...six homes where someone is up...yes that do increase the chance we are seen."
Kristina said and glanced around.
"Hopefully my rotes can keep eyes away from us."
Adjan commented.
"Well we should anyway keep our eyes peeled."

He glanced from Kristina to Cara, "Point taken. Nevertheless, a linguist would likely be the best equipped to come up with something very hard to crack on the fly."

"True, true."
Kristina said and smiled.

He shook his head, "If it's a puddle spirit, it seems to me as though it would be waiting for a sprinkler to create a puddle, rather than wait in the water hose... Still, its presence seems conspicuous."

"I agree, well the question is if we should do anything or just ignore it."
Kristina said and sigh.
"We do not want to jump to conclusions and create more trouble for ourselves either."

(OOC: Indeed send them all to MECHA. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:01 pm

Thanks for the lead. TaƱe went over and knocked on the door
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:35 pm

After a few moments a woman came and opened the door, she was perhaps thirty or thirty five years old, you notice a kid's three wheeled bike in front of the trailer and other toys strewn about the small yard. The woman herself had on faded jeans and a white blouse with a floral print, big, coral colored plastic hoop earnings and her hair was dark blond, jaw length and sort of frilly around her pretty face.
"Good evening."
The woman said as she wiped her hands on a towel and gave you a suspicious look, it was rather late in the evening for an unannounced visit.
"Who are you two? And what do you want here at this time of night?"
She asked as she eyed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:57 pm

He shook his head at Adley, smiling softly, "I did not mean to pry on their names - just inquiring about your refined work methods. That said, I'm sure you could compose a cipher nobody here could decipher to hide the fellows' names in writing, if you wanted to." He frowned, "I can't see spirits, so I wouldn't be able to tell where it was headed in the first place, but did it seem like it was patrolling or maintaining surveillance, or perhaps just waiting for a water sprinkler to start up?"

He went back to looking at him as if he'd just been asked what color underwear he had on over a megaphone in the middle of a crowd of strangers. He blinked at his friend and then chose to think about the latter part of his comment about the water elemental. "Well, it's heading deeper into the umbra, I think. It got up and left the moment I saw it," he added, considering if it seemed as if it were part of some surveillance system.

"There are something we can not see for it is not of the earth around the house, it is wrong and offends us, we believe it is the world of someone with a spirit that is not a spirit inside like you, but one that is foul and wrong." Allassor informed you. "We do not want to go near it, but we will protect and preserve the man and your group, that is what we are." His brother informed you.

He gave a little nod, out of habit. 'If I went over to where that house is and you stayed here at the metal box, do you think you would still communicate with me from there?'he asked. Then he added, 'There was a water elemental here just before you arrived, over there but in the spirit realm as you are. Do you feel that same foul wrong-energy from the house in the earth nearby it that may have called the water spirit into being in that place instead of it being naturally occurring, as there would be water in or on the earth?"

// yeah, it's hot and we're not used to it being hot for long here - not many have air conditioning in foggy San Francisco Bay Area, though it's usually hot for about 2 weeks at this time. The funny thing is about half my friends are introverts too, but we rally for a few fun main events together a year xD We just suck up the social hangover as I call it. It just happened I had other stuff on top of that. Thanks for understanding, sorry to make you wait ^_^

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:30 pm

"Well, it's heading deeper into the umbra, I think. It got up and left the moment I saw it," he added, considering if it seemed as if it were part of some surveillance system.

It mostly looked annoyed, if the little water elemental was part of some surveillance system it was hard to tell, it mostly acted as if you had been most rude by suddenly looking at it and was scurrying away."
"The question is do we just leave it be?"
Kristina asked.

He gave a little nod, out of habit. 'If I went over to where that house is and you stayed here at the metal box, do you think you would still communicate with me from there?'he asked.

"We understand space a little better now that we have spent allot of time with your kind."
Allassor said.
"But for us one place or another do not matter, we communicate through rocks, and earth if you touch it we can feel what you wish us to feel and you can feel what we wish you to feel."
The marble knight explained.

Then he added, 'There was a water elemental here just before you arrived, over there but in the spirit realm as you are. Do you feel that same foul wrong-energy from the house in the earth nearby it that may have called the water spirit into being in that place instead of it being naturally occurring, as there would be water in or on the earth?"

"No, water can be hard to understand but we feel that being which is like us but different on the ground, he is not summoned here he belong here but have been expelled by his home, he is very angry but are not foul or destructive."
Innanon said
"The foulness is in the ground but not merged with it, if the source is removed balance should return."
He continued sounding like if he found the Resonance in the area most disgusting.

(OOC: I understand for me I just can not got out and do things two days in a row or I get far to stressed and far to exhausted. I had appointments four days in a row last week and I am still feeling the effect of that.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:48 pm

Colin nodded and pondered for a moment, "Hum, I wonder what would happen if a Chronomancer used the siphon to power a time bubble around the tass and the siphon itseld, accellerating the pace of the rote by the amount of power it could draw into... hmm, I should suggest that one for Master Harris, he might be able to do the theoretical work on that..."
He frowned ,then chuckled, "I don't think I'll be dancing for magic anytime soon... though if I were to, It would probably look something like Christopher Walken dancing around and drawing an embellished circle in the sand with his feet. Who knows, I might find it a practical alternative to pen and paper at some point, but for now... nah. Then again, that South American fighting dance - bugger if I recall what it's called - seems to have a substantial amount of circular motions in it. I expect using that for focusing kinetic energy would have some spectacular, possibly coincidental potential..."
He grinned, "And into this entire mess come the Orphans and the Hollow Ones, and everyone loves them... Well, that's a work in progress, I suppose."
He nodded thoughtfully to Adjan, "Soap, ballot, jury, ammunition; these four boxes, to be reached for in that order... I suppose it's much the same whether you're fighting to save a person as to defend liberty."
He gave Adley an apologetic shrug, with at least the decency to look like he knew he'd trod a bit too close, "Well, if you think the spirit seems safe enough to let run off, I'll leave it be with that. Best keep a third eye open toward the drains, though - if it came out of there, it might definitely be unpleasant for the brothers."

((OOC: Well, fatigue and plague seems to have been overcome. Back to pokin' into the vampires' basement.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Colin nodded and pondered for a moment, "Hum, I wonder what would happen if a Chronomancer used the siphon to power a time bubble around the tass and the siphon itseld, accellerating the pace of the rote by the amount of power it could draw into... hmm, I should suggest that one for Master Harris, he might be able to do the theoretical work on that..."

"Master Harris is a very competent man Mr Wainwright but doing something like that with corrupted Tass that might just go wrong in the most spectacular of ways, and I am not sure any of us want to be around if it do just that."
Cara said urging caution.

He frowned ,then chuckled, "I don't think I'll be dancing for magic anytime soon... though if I were to, It would probably look something like Christopher Walken dancing around and drawing an embellished circle in the sand with his feet. Who knows, I might find it a practical alternative to pen and paper at some point, but for now... nah. Then again, that South American fighting dance - bugger if I recall what it's called - seems to have a substantial amount of circular motions in it. I expect using that for focusing kinetic energy would have some spectacular, possibly coincidental potential..."

"It is a form of what what West call Bellydance actually, however what most think about when you say that word it is not, it is raqs sharqi but it is a form used only as a sama, a sufi ritual, a form of meditation through repetitive swirling dance I use it mostly for spiritual work and sensory magick."
Cara explained.
"Criamon the Founder was a Sufi so some of their practices are still a part of his House."

He grinned, "And into this entire mess come the Orphans and the Hollow Ones, and everyone loves them... Well, that's a work in progress, I suppose."

"Ah yes you guys are adored by all of the Traditions especially by old Hermetics and Verbena Masters."
Kristina said and sigh.
"I wish we did not discriminate against Orphans and Hollow Ones though, it do not speak to our credit."

He nodded thoughtfully to Adjan, "Soap, ballot, jury, ammunition; these four boxes, to be reached for in that order... I suppose it's much the same whether you're fighting to save a person as to defend liberty."

Adjan just nodded at that.

(OOC: Huzzah.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next