Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:53 am

"That would be welcome and a useful solution. Thank you for considering my...habits," he said with a smile.

Crexia smiles a little.
"I still use them at times myself when I need to take notes I do not want a record of. I will have one delivered to you, sometimes the technologies of the past are still the best solutions for today's problems."
She said and nodded.

"That is very disturbing," he said with a frown.

"Well it is not where I would like to go on vacation to say it like that."
Joakim said and frowned.

Colin pondered for a moment, "I suppose that's an accurate comparison... though for either group, the most important thing, I should think, is the willingness and ability to work on improving their skills with the tools they have - which is what makes up the most crucial difference."

"This is true and on some level magic is magic, mine, yours, the abilities of vampires and werewolves, the powers of spirits, it is all changing reality to your will, however yes the most important thing, regardless of potential is work and study to improve the abilities we do have. I agree with that Mr Wainwright."
Elanor said and nodded.

He grinned, "Thank you. I hope to found a diplomatic service - sort of a marriage counselling for the Traditions. That would, obviously, require a neutral status, to avoid all sorts of trust issues escalating beyond those the Mercere have to deal with..."

"Hum...that would be very useful to the Traditions I think Sir and yes that would require the counseling group to stand on neutral grounds, it is and interesting idea."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.

He nodded, "I'm not sure how knowledgeable Kenneth Gray Eagle was on the subject, but I think it safe to assume his guess would be in the right ballpark, considering the Serafina's purpose... And I don't think they went there directly, as such. There was some calamity at one point, and Dr. Kelly ordered the auto-destruction mechanism triggered... That failed, and some time later - I can't say how much, but not very long, I think, Mr. Gray Eagle speculated where they were.

"Dr Gray Eagle was a brilliant scientist, I can not sit and say whatever or not he was right off course but that at least the Serafina came into contact with something from that place where the Caul send it's victims, perhaps they ran into a former reality a broken, non existant shell of what could have been...something foul it was at least."
Joakim muttered and frowned.

Delving slightly into speculation, they ran into some unknown phenomenon that turned out to be some sort of dimensional black hole, if you will - delivering them into some corrupted hell dimension. Speculating further, it was indeed the dimension to which the Cauls send their victims, but because the ship didn't enter through an actual Caul, the... thing that wrings an Avatar wasn't there to, er, greet them. That left the ship and crew exposed to the corrupt nature of that dimension in a wholly different way, and the ship eventually drifted back out into the Umbra proper, where its momentum eventually brought it back to where it was found... As an issue for longer-term research, this does presume one very interesting fact - that the Caul dimension is less perfectly separated from our own than previously assumed; that it can be reached through the Umbra instead of only through a Caul... and that it thus can be hypothetically attacked from the inside. That would probably require something to the order of numerous ships along the line of the Heart of Horizon, though, but it's an interesting hypothesis..."

"It is an interesting speculation, I have my fears that where the Caul send it's victims might not be as easy as somewhere we can attack, I think it might be worse than some hell dimension with fire and chains and perhaps more be nothingness, a lack of potential, hope and existence where the tearing apart might be less physically done by some thing and more be non existence creeping in, an inflatable wrongness more than something grabbing them and ripping into them...however yes this is pure speculation and I am not sure we have time to engage in that right now gentlemen...perhaps the question should rather be whatever or not we should test the pine cone against Miss Jerkins or not..."
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.

He grinned, "Sorry, I suppose you haven't found much time for relatively contemporary fiction... I presume you've at least heard of The Lord of the Rings? A fairly immense fantasy epic published in the mid-fifties?"

"Yes I have heard about it Mr Wainwright..."
The hedge wizard said, still sounding confused.

He scritched his cheek and arched an eyebrow at Adley before handing Joakim the notes, "Light, in the metaphorical sense rather than the literal. The light of reason, of creation, of life and so on..."

Joakim read the notes and his eyes widened a bit.
"That is...well if this is the case then keeping that pine cone safe is of utmost importance. Even so if it is potentially something that can help us deal with Miss Carlyle then I will take it. The question then is, if it is what Mr Roth Hicks think it is...will it have any effect on anyone safe the person who left it there. If this is a bit of Claire's innocence if you will, is that going to work on anyone save her reincarnation."
He asked and handed the notes back to Adley.

He nodded, "I'll be as cautious as I can... Some insights may be harder to explain away, unfortunately..."

"True but not all insights needs to be immediately shared you know my good man.
The Security Chief said and sigh then he shook his head.
"It is perhaps good you do not have a Mentor Mr Wainwright you would have given the poor man a ulcer with worry for you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:56 am

Tane:

Cita looked at you for a moment then she sigh.
"Saving a Nephandus, now that is not an easy task Mr Karyak."
She warned.
"I do not have many ideas there is not much wriggle room in Tradition law to spare the Fallen. I can try to examine her Avatar, give testimony on what I find. I am not sure how well that will go though...unless you have some proof you can keep her from harming the Tradition and some plan to save her I am not sure you can win this one kid."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:21 am

"Dr Gray Eagle was a brilliant scientist, I can not sit and say whatever or not he was right off course but that at least the Serafina came into contact with something from that place where the Caul send it's victims, perhaps they ran into a former reality a broken, non existant shell of what could have been...something foul it was at least."
Joakim muttered and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Wherever they wound up, I believe the Caul dimension was the closest match Dr. Gray Eagle could think of. I'd like to think there are not that many such horrible places lurking out there..."

"It is an interesting speculation, I have my fears that where the Caul send it's victims might not be as easy as somewhere we can attack, I think it might be worse than some hell dimension with fire and chains and perhaps more be nothingness, a lack of potential, hope and existence where the tearing apart might be less physically done by some thing and more be non existence creeping in, an inflatable wrongness more than something grabbing them and ripping into them...however yes this is pure speculation and I am not sure we have time to engage in that right now gentlemen...perhaps the question should rather be whatever or not we should test the pine cone against Miss Jerkins or not..."
He nodded, "As I said, fodder for later research. I think showing the pine cone to miss Jerkins could be a useful thing to test - though, I don't know what good it would do inside the cell, and we're obviously not letting her out just to show her a pine cone..."

"Yes I have heard about it Mr Wainwright..."
The hedge wizard said, still sounding confused.
He smiled, "Gandalf is the wizard character central to the plot - a sage advisor. You might wish to read the books, though I'll allow, they do get a bit dry at times. The author was a linguist first and an author second..."

Joakim read the notes and his eyes widened a bit.
"That is...well if this is the case then keeping that pine cone safe is of utmost importance. Even so if it is potentially something that can help us deal with Miss Carlyle then I will take it. The question then is, if it is what Mr Roth Hicks think it is...will it have any effect on anyone safe the person who left it there. If this is a bit of Claire's innocence if you will, is that going to work on anyone save her reincarnation."
He asked and handed the notes back to Adley.
He nodded, "Freddy was quite specific in that the pine cone must be brought along to the Labyrinth. She would not have said so if it was only going to work on Beatrice. In fact, I don't think it's Claire's innocence, rather than, hum... better not say this out loud, even here..."
He scrawled down a note, 'If I am right in my speculation, it's not exactly a part of Claire, as such - it just might be her half of the Grimoire, which is why Adley had such a reaction to it and I didn't.'
He slipped the note to Joakim and gave a nod toward Adley, "It's an idea, but one that might have some merit."

"True but not all insights needs to be immediately shared you know my good man.
The Security Chief said and sigh then he shook his head.
"It is perhaps good you do not have a Mentor Mr Wainwright you would have given the poor man a ulcer with worry for you."
He smiled thinly, "If they are tactically or strategically relevant to the battle at hand, they just might be. And I suppose you're right in that regard..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:05 am

Colin nodded, "Wherever they wound up, I believe the Caul dimension was the closest match Dr. Gray Eagle could think of. I'd like to think there are not that many such horrible places lurking out there..."

"You would be horrified to find out how many dark places there are in the Umbra but yes the Serafina clearly found somewhere hellish and could it be related to the Cauls...yes that is possible even if I have not heard about a ship finding such a place before, then again if one did, then chances are they would not come back."
Joakim said and frowned.

He nodded, "As I said, fodder for later research. I think showing the pine cone to miss Jerkins could be a useful thing to test - though, I don't know what good it would do inside the cell, and we're obviously not letting her out just to show her a pine cone..."

"Well it is worth a shot if you think the pine cone will have strategic value and Mr Roth Hicks do not think it will damage it. However no we are not taking Miss Jerkins out of the cell before we are ready to move her to the prison transport to Horizon."

He smiled, "Gandalf is the wizard character central to the plot - a sage advisor. You might wish to read the books, though I'll allow, they do get a bit dry at times. The author was a linguist first and an author second..."

"I see, I am going to have to see if I have the time, but between my duties to Morningstar, my own student and instructing Thomas I have limited free time, but we will see."
Joakim muttered and nodded.

He nodded, "Freddy was quite specific in that the pine cone must be brought along to the Labyrinth. She would not have said so if it was only going to work on Beatrice. In fact, I don't think it's Claire's innocence, rather than, hum... better not say this out loud, even here..."

"Hum I that do make sense your vision of your future wife would not have mentioned the pine cone being of use in the Labyrinth unless that ended up being true..."
"You do not think it is a part of Claire's innocence? Then what do you think it is?"
He asked and looked curiously at what you where writing.

He scrawled down a note, 'If I am right in my speculation, it's not exactly a part of Claire, as such - it just might be her half of the Grimoire, which is why Adley had such a reaction to it and I didn't.'
He slipped the note to Joakim and gave a nod toward Adley, "It's an idea, but one that might have some merit."

Joakim's eyes widened and he handed Adley the note.
"If this is the case Mr Wainwright and your speculation is right then there is no way we can risk bringing that pine cone to the Labyrinth."
He said firmly.
"We just can not take that chance..."

He smiled thinly, "If they are tactically or strategically relevant to the battle at hand, they just might be. And I suppose you're right in that regard..."

"True, I just hope you will not end up sharing the wrong insight and be discovered Mr Wainwright...I am not sure the Traditions would do to you if it was discovered but I would not take that chance if I where you."
He said sounding concerned.
"Some would want to them...finish the job..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:14 pm

"You would be horrified to find out how many dark places there are in the Umbra but yes the Serafina clearly found somewhere hellish and could it be related to the Cauls...yes that is possible even if I have not heard about a ship finding such a place before, then again if one did, then chances are they would not come back."
Joakim said and frowned.
Colin sighed, "Oh, go ahead and dash my feeble optimism, why don't you... But yes, it would seem that the Serafina's return was perhaps a fluke..."

"Well it is worth a shot if you think the pine cone will have strategic value and Mr Roth Hicks do not think it will damage it. However no we are not taking Miss Jerkins out of the cell before we are ready to move her to the prison transport to Horizon."
"I don't think it will damage the pine cone, but at the same time, I don't know what effect, if any, it would have in a suppressant cell..."

"I see, I am going to have to see if I have the time, but between my duties to Morningstar, my own student and instructing Thomas I have limited free time, but we will see."
Joakim muttered and nodded.
He grinned, "The book has waited for sixty years; I'm sure it can wait another few decades."

"Hum I that do make sense your vision of your future wife would not have mentioned the pine cone being of use in the Labyrinth unless that ended up being true..."
"You do not think it is a part of Claire's innocence? Then what do you think it is?"
He asked and looked curiously at what you where writing.
He scratched his neck, "Oh, it does hold an innocent aspect, but I don't think it was separated out for that purpose..."

Joakim's eyes widened and he handed Adley the note.
"If this is the case Mr Wainwright and your speculation is right then there is no way we can risk bringing that pine cone to the Labyrinth."
He said firmly.
He frowned, "I don't know, it's quite a wild guess, really... But if there's any time, we can confirm or dismiss that notion by letting Adley take a closer look at it... At any rate, it comes with me; it's also possible it will serve as a mild... shelter from corruption, instead. Freddy said I'll figure it out; I'll trust her word."

"True, I just hope you will not end up sharing the wrong insight and be discovered Mr Wainwright...I am not sure the Traditions would do to you if it was discovered but I would not take that chance if I where you."
He said sounding concerned.
"Some would want to them...finish the job..."
He nodded soberly, "I would have to establish an implausible amount of sympathy for both myself and the Betrayer to have much of a chance, should that day come... Or alternatively, suck up enough Avatar fragments to let mine become titanic in scale - something strong enough to flick at Master Ir's with impunity... Not, of course, that I would want to irritate him like that. Well, one existential crisis at a time..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Colin sighed, "Oh, go ahead and dash my feeble optimism, why don't you... But yes, it would seem that the Serafina's return was perhaps a fluke..."

"It probably was a fluke...or a trap...there is a chance for that as well. I just wish she had returned with a few of the good men and women on her crew alive and sane."
Joakim said and sigh.

"I don't think it will damage the pine cone, but at the same time, I don't know what effect, if any, it would have in a suppressant cell..."

"I guess we will not know before we try, I am not real keen on letting Miss Jerkins out of that cell though. The question off course if why your Cabalmate here felt we should not test the pine cone against the Nephandi."
The hedge wizard said and glanced over at Adley to ask his input on the matter.

He grinned, "The book has waited for sixty years; I'm sure it can wait another few decades."

"I am sure it can Mr Wainwright, I am sure it can."
Joakim said patiently.

He scratched his neck, "Oh, it does hold an innocent aspect, but I don't think it was separated out for that purpose..."

"Hum..."
Was all the Security Chief said as he regarded you closely.

He frowned, "I don't know, it's quite a wild guess, really... But if there's any time, we can confirm or dismiss that notion by letting Adley take a closer look at it... At any rate, it comes with me; it's also possible it will serve as a mild... shelter from corruption, instead. Freddy said I'll figure it out; I'll trust her word."

"I have nothing against letting Mr Roth Hicks have a closer look at the pine cone Mr Wainwright but if it is what you speculate that it is then we might be bringing the Nephandi two halves of what they want and that do not seam to be prudent to me, if they need that grimoire and we bring it to them, who knows what can happen..."
Joakim said and shook his head.

He nodded soberly, "I would have to establish an implausible amount of sympathy for both myself and the Betrayer to have much of a chance, should that day come... Or alternatively, suck up enough Avatar fragments to let mine become titanic in scale - something strong enough to flick at Master Ir's with impunity... Not, of course, that I would want to irritate him like that. Well, one existential crisis at a time..."

"Let us hope that day do not come Mr Wainwright and if it do, that it is not someday soon, there have been far to many Avatars in danger lately for my taste, so let us try to keep that secret of yours under wraps for now. And no I do not recommend flicking at Master Ir's soul, I have a feeling that would not end well."
He said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:53 pm

Crexia smiles a little. "I still use them at times myself when I need to take notes I do not want a record of. I will have one delivered to you, sometimes the technologies of the past are still the best solutions for today's problems."

"That is appreciated, ma'am."

He nodded, "I'm not sure how knowledgeable Kenneth Gray Eagle was on the subject, but I think it safe to assume his guess would be in the right ballpark, considering the Serafina's purpose... And I don't think they went there directly, as such. There was some calamity at one point, and Dr. Kelly ordered the auto-destruction mechanism triggered...As an issue for longer-term research, this does presume one very interesting fact - that the Caul dimension is less perfectly separated from our own than previously assumed; that it can be reached through the Umbra instead of only through a Caul... and that it thus can be hypothetically attacked from the inside. That would probably require something to the order of numerous ships along the line of the Heart of Horizon, though, but it's an interesting hypothesis..."

"Things that are outside should stay that way, they are that way for a reason," Adley muttered.

"It is an interesting speculation, I have my fears that where the Caul send it's victims...perhaps the question should rather be whatever or not we should test the pine cone against Miss Jerkins or not..."

"I haven't changed my mind on that question."

"I don't know that it won't and that is a good point."

I guess we will not know before we try, I am not real keen on letting Miss Jerkins out of that cell though. The question off course if why your Cabalmate here felt we should not test the pine cone against the Nephandi."

He wrote out, 'I don't trust her at all, there is something very...off about her not that there isn't about many Nephandi. I'm not sure what but I don't think taking her out of the cell is wise. She's bound to be looking for any chance to escape and she's gotten a lot of information by now. She may know the cat is here and if we show her the pinecone too, they may figure it out.'

He took the notes back.

"Yes but no..." he said, concurring with Colin and then tried to see what Colin was writing.

He said firmly.
"I have nothing against letting Mr Roth Hicks have a closer look at the pine cone Mr Wainwright but if it is what you speculate that it is then we might be bringing the Nephandi two halves of what they want and that do not seam to be prudent to me, if they need that grimoire and we bring it to them, who knows what can happen..."

He looked through his note and then pointed at the description of Claire again, holding a book and then the last bit of his note desribing it as the most potent weapon and gave Colin a glance. "I don't think it is so wild. The question now is what do we do? I can have another, closer look certainly..." he offered.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:09 pm

"That is appreciated, ma'am."

Crexia gave you a smile and nodded.

"Things that are outside should stay that way, they are that way for a reason," Adley muttered.

"You will get no argument from me there Mr Roth Hicks, the only problem is that there are some things and places that should remain outside that have been coming in as of late and then we have to deal with them."
Joakim said with a deep frown.

"I haven't changed my mind on that question."

"I will leave that up to you and your Cabalmate to discuss Sodalis, while I would value a weapon to use against Miss Carlyle, it seams that pine cone are for you and your Cabal and not for me to butt into."
The Security Chief muttered.

"I don't know that it won't and that is a good point."

"So you think we should not risk it then Sodalis?"
The old Flambeau asked and glanced over at his younger Housemate.

He wrote out, 'I don't trust her at all, there is something very...off about her not that there isn't about many Nephandi. I'm not sure what but I don't think taking her out of the cell is wise. She's bound to be looking for any chance to escape and she's gotten a lot of information by now. She may know the cat is here and if we show her the pinecone too, they may figure it out.'

"Miss Jerkins is a dangerous prisoner, she is...to calm for the situation she is in. I mean if you where captured by another faction and knew that...such a fate aviated you...you might be able to keep you dignity but...well yes...there is no doubt the woman is watching and waiting for any opening and she will risk anything to get free as she have nothing to loose and is forced into a corner. I would not want her to have more information than she already do in the unlikely event that she manage to escape...you are right about that, but our only other option to test that pine cone is then the girl Anna, and that might not be humane in case it will harm her."
Joakim said and nodded in agreement after he had read the note and handed it back to you.

He looked through his note and then pointed at the description of Claire again, holding a book and then the last bit of his note desribing it as the most potent weapon and gave Colin a glance. "I don't think it is so wild. The question now is what do we do? I can have another, closer look certainly..." he offered.

"I would appreciate if you would take a closer look. However if that pine cone is...that book then I am not comfortable taking that into the Labyrinth...that would be to big a risk in my mind."
The Security Chief commented and glanced at the small, brown thing that could one day be a mighty tree.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:28 am

"You will get no argument from me there Mr Roth Hicks, the only problem is that there are some things and places that should remain outside that have been coming in as of late and then we have to deal with them."

"Quite true but no reason to go looking."

"So you think we should not risk it then Sodalis?" The old Flambeau asked and glanced over at his younger Housemate.

He tilted his head, with a frown and wrote, 'I just don't know if that's what it's for...not the direct sort of weapon that you might think. But it was not given to me to choose what to do with it or when. If C. is supposed to know what to do with it and when who am I to say otherwise? I admit I feel a bit...protective. As for what it does...extrapolating. A pine cone or acorn have the potential to make a new tree...under the right conditions. For one, there needs to be earth...' He pushed the paper back to them.

"Miss Jerkins is a dangerous prisoner...you are right about that, but our only other option to test that pine cone is then the girl Anna, and that might not be humane in case it will harm her."

He looked thoughtful, tapping his pen on the paper. "I feel like I'm missing something."

"I would appreciate if you would take a closer look. However if that pine cone is...that book then I am not comfortable taking that into the Labyrinth...that would be to big a risk in my mind."

'According to what C. said, he must...I don't know that we are two...copies...or each part and one copy or its more complicated than that. There is much I don't understand. I suppose it is not too late for me to stay though I would not like it much, if it is true that C. must bring it. But here, let me see if I can feel something...understand it better. After offering the paper to the Chief and Colin, he put out his hand again towards the latter for the pinecone.

// fun facts, the giant sequoia, the world's largest single tree, world's largest living thing by volume and amongst some of the oldest still living things on Earth, produces cones only 4-7 centimeters long. I've seen them, they are some big trees. That is a thing you know now xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 am

"Again no argument from me Sodalis, none at all, we do not need to look for more trouble we already have more than enough."
The old hedge wizard muttered wryly.

He tilted his head, with a frown and wrote, 'I just don't know if that's what it's for...not the direct sort of weapon that you might think. But it was not given to me to choose what to do with it or when. If C. is supposed to know what to do with it and when who am I to say otherwise? I admit I feel a bit...protective. As for what it does...extrapolating. A pine cone or acorn have the potential to make a new tree...under the right conditions. For one, there needs to be earth...' He pushed the paper back to them.

Joakim read the note and nodded.
"The question then is what will be fertile soil for that pine cone to grow. Very well then you are saying Mr Wainwright should have final say on what should be done with the cone? In either case we need to keep that thing safe I think, but if it could also be used to help us tactically then that would be a boon."
He said and handed the note to Colin.

He looked thoughtful, tapping his pen on the paper. "I feel like I'm missing something."

"You are not the only one with that feeling Sodalis...the question is what."
The hedge wizard muttered and rubbed a finger along the ridge of his nose thoughtfully.
"The question is what..."

According to what C. said, he must...I don't know that we are two...copies...or each part and one copy or its more complicated than that. There is much I don't understand. I suppose it is not too late for me to stay though I would not like it much, if it is true that C. must bring it. But here, let me see if I can feel something...understand it better. After offering the paper to the Chief and Colin, he put out his hand again towards the latter for the pinecone.

"It is hard to know, we do not have enough information Sodalis, all we can really do is guess."
Joakim said sounding frustrated.
"Hum...I think you could be useful during the fight Mr Roth Hicks...but yes let us see what you can feel from the cone and decide what to do later."
He said and shook his head.
"It is never easy now is it."

(OOC: That is pretty cool actually. The Verbena would like those trees, they are probably Nodes. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:41 am

"It probably was a fluke...or a trap...there is a chance for that as well. I just wish she had returned with a few of the good men and women on her crew alive and sane."
Joakim said and sigh.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "A trap... that's also a possibility. Though I am having trouble seeing how it would be a trap. It's a poor trap that scares its prey..."

Joakim said with a deep frown.
"Again no argument from me Sodalis, none at all, we do not need to look for more trouble we already have more than enough."
The old hedge wizard muttered wryly.
He frowned, "On that point, I must beg to differ. There's a saying - the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Determining where such... horrible pockets might be lurking in the Umbra is likely going to prove very valuable in the long term; that's not the same as arguing for exploring said pockets, though, just charting where they are so others can plot safer routes later... and we can have some surveillance in case something decides to poke out of those places."

"I guess we will not know before we try, I am not real keen on letting Miss Jerkins out of that cell though. The question off course if why your Cabalmate here felt we should not test the pine cone against the Nephandi."
"Miss Jerkins is a dangerous prisoner, she is...to calm for the situation she is in. I mean if you where captured by another faction and knew that...such a fate aviated you...you might be able to keep you dignity but...well yes...there is no doubt the woman is watching and waiting for any opening and she will risk anything to get free as she have nothing to loose and is forced into a corner. I would not want her to have more information than she already do in the unlikely event that she manage to escape...you are right about that, but our only other option to test that pine cone is then the girl Anna, and that might not be humane in case it will harm her."
Joakim said and nodded in agreement after he had read the note and handed it back to you.
He frowned, "I don't see how she would have had even the first inkling that the cat is here... but I do agree with the rest of your concerns. Tipping our hand with the pine cone prematurely would probably be risky, and no, we're not showing it to Anna... Not just yet. Perhaps when her heart is a little better..."

He frowned, "Hum, there's a significant distinction between a pine cone or an acorn... An acorn is a nut - a single seed from which a tree may grow. A pine cone... holds dozens, maybe hundreds of seeds, each with the potential for a new tree. With that distinction in mind, I don't think the pine cone is a one-shot item."

"You are not the only one with that feeling Sodalis...the question is what."
The hedge wizard muttered and rubbed a finger along the ridge of his nose thoughtfully.
"The question is what..."
He scratched the back of his neck, "Most certainly, there are a few holes in our intel... Some pieces, I think, will fall into place when we hit the Labyrinth, the problem is figuring out which pieces those will be..."

Joakim said and shook his head.
He nodded, "That's a risk... however, they seem still convinced they're looking for a literal book. That's certainly to our advantage."

'According to what C. said, he must...I don't know that we are two...copies...or each part and one copy or its more complicated than that. There is much I don't understand. I suppose it is not too late for me to stay though I would not like it much, if it is true that C. must bring it. But here, let me see if I can feel something...understand it better. After offering the paper to the Chief and Colin, he put out his hand again towards the latter for the pinecone.
"It is hard to know, we do not have enough information Sodalis, all we can really do is guess."
Joakim said sounding frustrated.
"Hum...I think you could be useful during the fight Mr Roth Hicks...but yes let us see what you can feel from the cone and decide what to do later."
He said and shook his head.
"It is never easy now is it."
He nodded and handed the pine cone over again, lowering his voice, "I think... there was an obsession, back then, with the idea of artificially merging two wholes into a greater whole. At a guess, each part is complete on its own - with great power and potential - but if the two were brought together and merged into one..."
He shrugged, "Well, who knows what might hatch?"

"Let us hope that day do not come Mr Wainwright and if it do, that it is not someday soon, there have been far to many Avatars in danger lately for my taste, so let us try to keep that secret of yours under wraps for now. And no I do not recommend flicking at Master Ir's soul, I have a feeling that would not end well."
He said and frowned.
He suddenly grinned wryly, "Though, could you imagine the show if he and I were to enter one of the Virtual Adepts' Core Wars?"

((OOC: You want a Verbena Node? I'll show you a Verbena node. Very Happy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pando_(tree) Well, alright, the werewolves have probably long since claimed that one, but still... Wink ))
((OOC2: Pathfinder yesterday was fun, but man was I sleepy afterwards. -_- ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "A trap... that's also a possibility. Though I am having trouble seeing how it would be a trap. It's a poor trap that scares its prey..."

"True then again perhaps it is a trap but not set up in any way we can imagine, that we are discussing that ship now can be the trap itself."

He frowned, "On that point, I must beg to differ. There's a saying - the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Determining where such... horrible pockets might be lurking in the Umbra is likely going to prove very valuable in the long term; that's not the same as arguing for exploring said pockets, though, just charting where they are so others can plot safer routes later... and we can have some surveillance in case something decides to poke out of those places."

"If they can be charted, and have any fixed placement in the Umbra, any permanent existence then doing so might be wise yes. However that might not be so and even going out to chart them might be dangerous. I will leave that up to those who are better familiar with Umbral travel and the layers and realms of the spirit world to decide once a rapport with what...we wish to share about this find reaches the Council of Nine."

He frowned, "I don't see how she would have had even the first inkling that the cat is here... but I do agree with the rest of your concerns. Tipping our hand with the pine cone prematurely would probably be risky, and no, we're not showing it to Anna... Not just yet. Perhaps when her heart is a little better..."

"Well if we are bringing the cone into the Labyrinth untested then we can not rely on it or include it in any plan, if we have no idea about the effect or how long the that effect will last then whatever strategic value it have to us is lost and all we can hope for is to get lucky with it, and that might not be worth the risk of bringing it at all Mr Wainwright."
The hedge wizard said and raised and eyebrow at you.

He frowned, "Hum, there's a significant distinction between a pine cone or an acorn... An acorn is a nut - a single seed from which a tree may grow. A pine cone... holds dozens, maybe hundreds of seeds, each with the potential for a new tree. With that distinction in mind, I don't think the pine cone is a one-shot item."

"I am more thinking it might just work for the person it was meant for, and not for anyone else, less of a one shot item and more of a one purpose one. A pine cone no matter how many seeds it have is not going to go and cook up a pot of coffee for you, unless there is a Verbena involved somewhere, as that is not it's purpose...however you do make a fair enough point young man."
He said and leaned back in his chair.

He scratched the back of his neck, "Most certainly, there are a few holes in our intel... Some pieces, I think, will fall into place when we hit the Labyrinth, the problem is figuring out which pieces those will be..."

"Well we can be sure there will be surprises, we can however hope those surprises will not be to damaging to our efforts. I have run out of ideas for where to gather more intel though."
Joakim said and sigh.

He nodded, "That's a risk... however, they seem still convinced they're looking for a literal book. That's certainly to our advantage."

"It is, the question is if they will recognize that the book is something else when they get into contact with it."

Adley as Colin hands you the pine cone again you can see yourself, as you once where as Dylan, a pale, handsome young Etherite hanging in chains in a dark, dank chamber, you where bleeding but no longer cared, you had been tortured to the point of death several times, healed from the brink of release and tortured again. Bones had been broken, your fingers where crushed, your back burned from a beating. One of your tortureres where pressing something hot against your flesh, you no longer understood what, all where just pain you could not tell the different tortures apart, and none of the physical tortures where as bad as what that woman Abigail did when she took you to her chambers anyway...this was a relief...but then you hear Claire scream.
"Stop...please stop...I will do it...I will go to your damned Caul as long as you stop."
The young Hermetic begged.
"I will do whatever you as as long as you let him go."
You where filled with dread...you could not let your sister sacrifice her Forest God...you could not allow her to...

The vision slowly faded and you found yourself filled with dread, the fire angle wept for it's corrupted companion and yet in that pine cone she felt a bit of what the Forest God had been, she felt hope...then she slowly withdrew right back into your soul.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply it is my hair wash day and it took some time to brush out. I think that Node could be contested between Verbena and werewolves.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:31 pm

He gave a thoughtful nod.

"Hmm..."

"That is a good point."

"I am more thinking it might just work for the person it was meant for, and not for anyone else, less of a one shot item and more of a one purpose one. A pine cone no matter how many seeds it have is not going to go and cook up a pot of coffee for you, unless there is a Verbena involved somewhere, as that is not it's purpose...however you do make a fair enough point young man."

"That's also a good point."

"The question then is what will be fertile soil for that pine cone to grow. Very well then you are saying Mr Wainwright should have final say on what should be done with the cone? In either case we need to keep that thing safe I think, but if it could also be used to help us tactically then that would be a boon."

'He was told to keep it safe but to take it into the labyrinth, contradictory as that seems, because it will save lives. Ultimately he was entrusted with what to do with it and when, and not I. But first we need to figure out its purpose.

"Hum...I think you could be useful during the fight Mr Roth Hicks...but yes let us see what you can feel from the cone and decide what to do later." He said and shook his head.
He nodded and handed the pine cone over again, lowering his voice, "I think... there was an obsession, back then, with the idea of artificially merging two wholes into a greater whole. At a guess, each part is complete on its own - with great power and potential - but if the two were brought together and merged into one..."
He shrugged, "Well, who knows what might hatch?"

Adley glanced at him, nodded at his comments about alchemy. "Not always artificially, here let me see..." He then took the pine cone again, clearing out his mind from what he'd experienced before. First he made it so that he could sense the higher planes again in his usual manner. He then gave a cursory examination, paying attention to how it made him feel, how his words might affect it, its resonance and how it fit into the Tellurian, anything that might hint it's true purpose. Then speculatively, he took a clean notepaper and began to freewrite associations. He tried to see if it would induce a state that he had experienced once before, when he found out about Carmon through his spiritual lives.

// P1S1 again: 3,3,6; then S1C1 9,2,6 - don't know if it will work but it's a shot, he's trying to see if he can get some insights

// that's a cool tree, very prolific. Too bad it's dying I hope they figure out why but it seems a combination of things due to climate change. Glad Pathfinder was fun : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:48 pm

"That's also a good point."

Joakim nodded a bit at that.

'He was told to keep it safe but to take it into the labyrinth, contradictory as that seems, because it will save lives. Ultimately he was entrusted with what to do with it and when, and not I. But first we need to figure out its purpose.

"I agree it seams Mr Wainwright is this...ehm...artifact's guardian and I also agree we have to try to figure out what it's purpose is, how do you suggjest we do that though, if we are not going to try it out?"
The Security Chief asked.

Adley glanced at him, nodded at his comments about alchemy. "Not always artificially, here let me see..." He then took the pine cone again, clearing out his mind from what he'd experienced before. First he made it so that he could sense the higher planes again in his usual manner. He then gave a cursory examination, paying attention to how it made him feel, how his words might affect it, its resonance and how it fit into the Tellurian, anything that might hint it's true purpose. Then speculatively, he took a clean notepaper and began to freewrite associations. He tried to see if it would induce a state that he had experienced once before, when he found out about Carmon through his spiritual lives.

The pine cone cone felt calming and comforting to your touch, other than the unpleasant visions you got when first touching it it felt...refreshing. It's Resonance was creative Dynamic with weak elements of healthy Entropy. Your words did not seam to have much effect. As you start writing you see that you have written.
"Two will be born again through the ages, and when both are Awakened they stand a chance to use the Grimoire, when the world need it most, what was once done can be done again...but whatever it will save the world or damn it only the highest can answer."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:49 am

"I agree it seams Mr Wainwright is this...ehm...artifact's guardian and I also agree we have to try to figure out what it's purpose is, how do you suggjest we do that though, if we are not going to try it out?"

"By the same logic that you don't need to set off a grenade to find out that it's a grenade, I hope," he said, though he wasn't entirely sure -how- yet other than to start with a basic examination. So he started there. Which proved to show little other than what he expected, which was that it seemed alive and creative and that it still felt calming as he held it. After he had filled the page though something clearly had bled through. He started at it with a pinched expression, reading it a few times, before taking the page and handing it off directly to Colin to see what he thought of it all. "I don't think it's bound to be clearer than that..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:02 am

"By the same logic that you don't need to set off a grenade to find out that it's a grenade, I hope," he said, though he wasn't entirely sure -how- yet other than to start with a basic examination. So he started there.

"You do make a fair point Sodalis."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Very well I have said my pice about the pine cone, it is for you and your Cabalmate to decide upon I think, not me."
The Security Chief looked at the page you handed Colin with curiosity in his brown eyes but he did not ask to read it himself, he let that be up to you and your Cabalmate to decide on.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 pm

((OOC: Pardon the delay - I'm something of a rough spot right now. Take it from me: check the expiration date on the sushi before you buy and eat it... Sad ))

"True then again perhaps it is a trap but not set up in any way we can imagine, that we are discussing that ship now can be the trap itself."
Colin shrugged, "If the ship is a trap, then what would it be a trap for? How would it even be able to secure its prey, if nothing is willing to enter it and stick around?"

"If they can be charted, and have any fixed placement in the Umbra, any permanent existence then doing so might be wise yes. However that might not be so and even going out to chart them might be dangerous. I will leave that up to those who are better familiar with Umbral travel and the layers and realms of the spirit world to decide once a rapport with what...we wish to share about this find reaches the Council of Nine."
He nodded, "Fair enough. A debate for later, then."

"Well if we are bringing the cone into the Labyrinth untested then we can not rely on it or include it in any plan, if we have no idea about the effect or how long the that effect will last then whatever strategic value it have to us is lost and all we can hope for is to get lucky with it, and that might not be worth the risk of bringing it at all Mr Wainwright."
The hedge wizard said and raised and eyebrow at you.
He pondered, "Hum, something of a Catch-22, then?"

He said and leaned back in his chair.
He frowned, "She described it as a beacon... So I would surmise it will not be limited to affecting just one person."
Pondering, he added, "Perhaps if we had a Fallen not connected to Abigail here... Ideally, someone who is loyal to the Traditions..."

The Security Chief asked.
He frowned, "Some times, an item doesn't fully reveal its purpose or function until the rest of the puzzle pieces are in place... Still, a more thorough examination - careful observation - would possibly glean a little more information on its nature."

"It is, the question is if they will recognize that the book is something else when they get into contact with it."
He nodded, "That is the question... Though, I would surmise it's strange enough they'll have great difficulty realizing what they're looking at."

"Two will be born again through the ages, and when both are Awakened they stand a chance to use the Grimoire, when the world need it most, what was once done can be done again...but whatever it will save the world or damn it only the highest can answer."
"By the same logic that you don't need to set off a grenade to find out that it's a grenade, I hope," he said, though he wasn't entirely sure -how- yet other than to start with a basic examination. So he started there. Which proved to show little other than what he expected, which was that it seemed alive and creative and that it still felt calming as he held it. After he had filled the page though something clearly had bled through. He started at it with a pinched expression, reading it a few times, before taking the page and handing it off directly to Colin to see what he thought of it all. "I don't think it's bound to be clearer than that..."
His eyebrows rose and his eyes widened, "Now that's a prophecy... You'll have to teach me that trick someday, unless that brushes on Hermetic secrets... Hum, this suggests... the pine cone is not what I'd previously guessed at. It's more like... a memory catalyst. A Forget-Me-Not, if you like."
He pondered, "How to trigger it for others to see, though..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Colin shrugged, "If the ship is a trap, then what would it be a trap for? How would it even be able to secure its prey, if nothing is willing to enter it and stick around?"

"You do have a point Mr Wainwright, this whole situation with the Serafina do make me uneasy though, something just feel off to me."

He nodded, "Fair enough. A debate for later, then."

"A debate for later indeed."
Joakim said and nodded.

He pondered, "Hum, something of a Catch-22, then?"

"Yes that is the trouble now is it not..."
He agreed with a frown.

He frowned, "She described it as a beacon... So I would surmise it will not be limited to affecting just one person."

"That is true that wording would indeed indicate it is meant to affect more than one person, hum..."

Pondering, he added, "Perhaps if we had a Fallen not connected to Abigail here... Ideally, someone who is loyal to the Traditions..."

"Ah yes Master Ir. I have not wanted to suggjest showing the pine cone to him out of fear it might affect his Avatar for if it do his soul is likely to strike out, or to put it in another way, the last time something affect his Avatar...well one of them where quite literary sent through a wall and he was the lucky one."
Joakim said in a serious tone of voice.
"You are welcome to ask him about it though if you feel it will do any good and are willing to accept the risk..."

He frowned, "Some times, an item doesn't fully reveal its purpose or function until the rest of the puzzle pieces are in place... Still, a more thorough examination - careful observation - would possibly glean a little more information on its nature."

"I hope so my good man for what we have for now is one big mystery, and while fascinating I fear we lack some of the key knowledge to be able to rely on it in battle, and if it is something meant to help us it seams it also want us to take a leap of faith and I do not do well with those."

He nodded, "That is the question... Though, I would surmise it's strange enough they'll have great difficulty realizing what they're looking at."

"We can hope so, even so it is a risk to take..."
The Security Chief commented.
"Though I guess that chances are that in the middle of having their labyrinth invaded they will not have much time to think about it, it is more in the event that we loose I am worried, where they have time to figure it out."

His eyebrows rose and his eyes widened, "Now that's a prophecy... You'll have to teach me that trick someday, unless that brushes on Hermetic secrets... Hum, this suggests... the pine cone is not what I'd previously guessed at. It's more like... a memory catalyst. A Forget-Me-Not, if you like."
He pondered, "How to trigger it for others to see, though..."

Joakim raised an eyebrow.
"Whatever Mr Roth Hicks wrote it seams what we have gentlemen are more questions around this pine cone and even fewer answers?"
He asked and shook his head.
"A memory catalyst? For what how it was to not be corrupted? I guess that would work, it might stop a Nephandus in her track for a little while..."

(OOC: I hope you get better soon Warp that do sound rather unpleasant.)
(OOC 2: I am going home to Sotra by train today so I might be replying a little slowly since the wifi in the train are rather sketchy. I also have an early appointment tomorrow morning so I might not have the time to reply as I get up before a few hours into the day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:16 pm

His eyebrows rose and his eyes widened, "Now that's a prophecy... You'll have to teach me that trick someday, unless that brushes on Hermetic secrets... Hum, this suggests... the pine cone is not what I'd previously guessed at. It's more like... a memory catalyst. A Forget-Me-Not, if you like." He pondered, "How to trigger it for others to see, though..."

"As I said, yes, but no," he said, frowning a little at the paper in Colin's hand. He looked a bit more grave if that were possible. "It was simply a meditative exercise...more questions arise," he said, then looked back down at the pine cone in his hand. Then he wrote out to Colin again, 'Yes, it is a catalyst that I agree but it is more than a memory. Memory implies time and the mind, but this is also spiritual and eternal. But it seems that we need to be most careful about planting this seed. Did F. say which Labyrinth to bring this to? There are two now to consider, after all...and L. is the one that is trying to release an Aswadim through some huge ritual, which would imply world-ending. What can be done once can be done again...that seems very important. It's been entrusted to you to take care of until the right time'

He gently closed his hand around the pinecone. It wasn't as if it had come with instructions per se, aside from the ones he'd just received which had helped, nor had it an 'on' button or a pin to pull and throw. It wasn't that sort of thing. The words he'd written were concerning...they were talking about damning the world or saving it and even they would not know what the effect would pan out in the end. What it was though was change...for good or bad, 'what had been done before'...he regarded it, still wondering what sort of soil one needed to plant it in. Under what conditions its light would shine...they had the why, more or less but not how.

//Ugh food poisoning from bad sushi D: The worst, hope you feel better soon.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:43 pm

For a while Joakim just sat watching the two Awakened magi discuss what Adley had apparently seen and written about, it was clear from the expression in his brown eyes that he was curious, but he did not ask, it was not his place to intrude on this private conversation, even so he paid attention to what was said, after all he had to consider the tactical implications of the pine cone and what it could mean, they did need a weapon against Carlyle if the banishments and weapons Lady Crexia and her Hermetics had cooked up should prove to be insufficient.
"Well Sodalis that is one thing we certainly have no short supply of, questions."
The old hedge wizard commented and rubbed the ridge of his nose.
"The question are if we can find some answers to those questions and if those answers can get us closer to preventing Abigail and this Lisa Larson from destroying the world as we know it. Listen it is not my place to try pry and you do not have to tell me more about your vision than you feel comfortable with, but I have to know if this is leading to something we can use against the Labyrinths."
Joakim muttered in an urgent tone of voice, the spiritual aspects of the cone was fascinating but important as it may be the minutes was ticking away until the time the Jade Demon would make his attack on Abigail's stronghold, if his envoy had spoken true, and members for the strike team and a completed plan of attack was not established yet.
"We need to deal with this Nephandi infestation, or that pine cone will do no one any good, the question now is if it will help us do just that."

The pine cone lay there in your hand, such an unassuming thing, so small, common looking and yet it had such a peace about it, such familiarity, then again it did not seam like it was willing to give up it's secrets easily.

(OOC: Yay train wifi for as long as it lasts, posting quickly now. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:00 am

"The question are if we can find some answers...We need to deal with this Nephandi infestation, or that pine cone will do no one any good, the question now is if it will help us do just that."

"Sir, I wasn't being flippant when I said yes, but no. No, but yes, nor a I waxing abstractly about spiritual matters for no reason," he said, glancing at Colin with his note, to see if he thought he should show him.

He then added to one of his other notes. 'It feels familiar to me, and tranquil. My hypothesis is that it will need to be stirred by Quintessence, perhaps of a specific resonance and vibration to activate its hidden Fire. And it must be at the set of circumstances for it to be beneficial (rather than baneful) to us or any purpose we would apply it. Until then, it is pure potential. To lend concrete evidence beyond theoretical, I saw...something, when a Fallen avatar was being killed. It had been fighting her host to stop her from harming C. Strange enough I should perceive it but when my Quintessence was added to that ambient mix, I saw her avatar for a second return to its former state, a green shining dragon instead of a blackened thing before it disappeared.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:14 am

"Sir, I wasn't being flippant when I said yes, but no. No, but yes, nor a I waxing abstractly about spiritual matters for no reason," he said, glancing at Colin with his note, to see if he thought he should show him.

Joakim looked at you for a moment then he nodded.
"I see. I guess I will be patient then Sodalis."
He said with a sigh and stood to put on his coffee pot, muttering something in Latin and moving his hands in the older sigils to manifest water for it, once he was done with his simple spell he said.
"It was a strange evening and a strange night and it seams like it might turn out to be an equally strange morning, let us hope it turn out to be to our benefit."
He said as you and your Cabalmate decided on whatever or not to show him the notes.
"Coffee gentlemen?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:24 am

"That there is a tommorrow morning..." He gave a sudden burst of laughter that faded fast. "I will never complain about Monday mornings ever again. Ever...and no thank you sir."

// sorry if it wasn't clear but Adley was meant to give that last bit of notes to Joakim with the explanation of how he thinks it might be activated. He just doesn't have the one he gave Colin with the 'prophesy' as Colin called it on it, since Colin still has it and he wants his input there. Thanks! Hope you had a good trip : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:52 am

Joakim grinned a bit at that.
"No, each Monday where where is actually a reality to complain in will be a blessing."
He said and took the offered notes and read them over.
"Hum...activating it with Quintessence, that might work and it might be worth a shot, the question then is if we should try that around a Fallen prisoner or just somewhere somewhat safe, or hold off on testing it."
The old hedge wizard said and sat down to wait for his coffee to be done.
"If you are thinking it need a set of circumstances to be of use to us Sodalis then just activating it out of the blue might not be wise..."
He said and sigh then he read again something you had written and looked at you.
"This would be Miss Warden correct the woman who attacked Mr Wainwright? You saw her Avatar as it once was?"
He asked sounding curious.
"How could that be?"

(OOC: Warden was killed and while she was hurt in the blast back from Colin her Avatar went to the Well it was not destroyed, they are quite hardy critters thankfully.)

(OOC: It went well enough though not much space I am a big girl and the guy in the seat next to me was at least half again my size, nothing wrong with that but I had to have body contact with a strange the whole way which I do not like, otherwise good.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:37 pm

"Hum...activating it with Quintessence, that might work and it might be worth a shot, the question then is if we should try that around a Fallen prisoner or just somewhere somewhat safe, or hold off on testing it."

"I know you want to know what's going to happen first but I still don't so..."

"If you are thinking it need a set of circumstances to be of use to us Sodalis then just activating it out of the blue might not be wise..." He said and sigh then he read again something you had written and looked at you.

"Right..." he agreed.

He replied through the same note. 'It might be something that can affect many but it still seems to be something to only use under specific circumstances. I don't think it will fit those, if we are lucky nothing will happen but if not we stand to lose something critical.

"This would be Miss Warden correct the woman who attacked Mr Wainwright? You saw her Avatar as it once was?"
He asked sounding curious.
"How could that be?"

'I don't know exactly. What I do know is that the quintessence had that effect that I saw. I assume it being healthy and green was its former state but it was only a flash, before it went to the well, I would suppose. At any rate, using Quintessence to activate it makes fundamental sense.'he replied and gave him the note.

// yeah he's not saying that he saw Warden's avatar destroyed, that's part of the point he's making - he saw it green and healthy before it disappeared ie, to the well. Lol you say thankfully, only it's a Fallen avatar whose side are you on tsk ; )
//ugh that's not fun, I don't like being crowded....by strangers especially. I commiserate.

// Warp, hope you are recovering/feeling better soon D:

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next