Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 15 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:04 pm

"Hum...very well and did Miss Larson confirm these drawings and the extra information where that anything like names or something else that would be useful for us to know?"
The Hermetic said as he looked through the drawings you had made and nodded approvingly.

"Yes she confirmed that the drawing was an good depiction of her mother." Serge said with a nod.

"As for the other information she provided, she had some things to say about each of the Nephandi that I drew. Let's start with her. " Serge said pulling out the picture of the red-haired trap maker.

"Her name is Solveig Brønnerud. As mentioned before she's a trap maker formerly a part of the Hagalez faction of the Cult of Ecstasy. She's apparently a very nasty women. Sold her child to be a vampires bride." Serge said with a frown remembering the less than pleasent conversation with Hannah.

"She uses rune magick in her traps. According to Miss Hannah her traps are quite unpleasant. She's not sure what exactly the traps do but she guesses that they rip your life pattern apart and you die on the spot. No fire, no poison, no noticeable source of injury....just dead on the spot without a mark on your body." Serge said relaying the information he had gotten about the trap-maker.

"Next up we have the scary Asian Scar Lady. Her real name is Mysaki Haru." Serge said pulling out the picture of the Asian Nephandi.

"Once a part of the Celestial Chorus she's now a powerful and loyal Security Chief for Lisa Larson. She seems to use a form of religious ritual magick although from what Miss Hannah said she has plenty of skills in her arsenal. From her time living at the Labyrinth, Miss Hannah claims that Mysaki Haru can communicate with spirits, create fire, manipulate Quintessence directly, move with great speed and create impossible materials. And that's just a few of her skills" Serge said listing off the things he was told.

"And finally we have the man who probably just sent a giant spirit to attack us....Jace." Serge said bringing out the picture of the slender board-shouldered man.

"He used to be a Progenitor but is now a part of Larson's inner circle. Miss Hannah mentioned in passing that the spirits that attacked us were probably Jace's 'pet'. Apparently they are all one spirit. She doesn't know for sure if it was connected to him but she wouldn't be surprised if it was. Apparently he uses his own spinal fluid in his magick. Not only that but apparently he has surgical enhancements." Serge concluded.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 15 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "You might want to consider bringing Mr. Karyak in, er, after hours. He could, it seems, display some better judgment about subtlety... but yes, I think he might be a good choice to converse with the fellow."

"Ah yes the good man do seam to not be of the most subtle sort, there is not really an after hours at a hospital but I can bring him in when the gift shop is closed."
Richard said and nodded.
"I do wonder what that spirit is though."

He frowned, "I believe he uses spinal fluid - his or his victims' - as some sort of material component for his work. He's ex-Union, so their methods are rather ruthless to begin with... And yes, I believe he is at fault for those spirits."

"Spinal fluid for magick...well it do make sense it surrounds the brain, I know one Verbena who paid me for a sample once after hours as you say, she was constructing a pendulum to be especially attuned to her pineal Chakra, it was made from a amathyst that she had drilled a hole in and she wanted to pour her own spinal fluid and blood into the hole of the pendulum before sealing it up, even so if this Nephandus use Union methods he do sound rather unpleasant and if he have been attacking my spirit allies that is a problem and the man will have to be taken down."
Michael said and frowned.

He grinned to Theodora, "I believe bribing the locals with food is an ancient and time-honoured practice. I can't, of course, guarantee it would be effective in every situation, but I think it has a better chance of getting us out intact than going in clearly prepared for battle..."

"Ah well you can hardly be angry at someone who feed you now can you."
The Tytalus woman said and grinned.
"I am serious though, werewolves have had some bad experiences with us mages defiling their holy sites who just happens to be Nodes so we need to be very careful about approaching them to avoid trouble, they call us wordbreakers, they believe the Spirits created the world with words and our reality changing break them, they are not to fond of us, just a warning."

He nodded, "There are... circumstances where cooperation is permissible, primarily involving our common foe, but no, we would not want to get too comfortable with the Union, either. More's the pity, I suppose; there are some fine individuals among them..."

"Well technically speaking it is always illegal to cooperate with the Technocracy at all but when done against the Nephandi the punishments given are usually light, however working with the Union is conspiring with the enemies of Asencion, that being said I do think some Technocrats have noble ideas tough I do not agree with their methods."
The Hermetic said and nodded.

Nicole:

'Just a thought.' Nicole replied, now poking her head into the bathroom. 'Don't mind paying in green, but that means I'll spend more time at work. And having someone checking lightbulbs and roach traps also means they'll notice other things, like bastards attempting to sneak in.'

"I could bring the suggestion before the Deacon Council whatever or not such tasks would be valuable to us."
Narim said and nodded. The bathroom was painted light greed, there where dark green tiles on the floor, a shower cabinet, a look, a sink and a towel cabinet, the bathroom was old but nice and clean.

Does this place have any communal cars or anything?'

"We have one communal car why where you asking Miss?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

Serge:

"Yes she confirmed that the drawing was an good depiction of her mother." Serge said with a nod.

"Very well, good."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.

"As for the other information she provided, she had some things to say about each of the Nephandi that I drew. Let's start with her. " Serge said pulling out the picture of the red-haired trap maker.

"Her name is Solveig Brønnerud. As mentioned before she's a trap maker formerly a part of the Hagalez faction of the Cult of Ecstasy. She's apparently a very nasty women. Sold her child to be a vampires bride." Serge said with a frown remembering the less than pleasent conversation with Hannah.

"She uses rune magick in her traps. According to Miss Hannah her traps are quite unpleasant. She's not sure what exactly the traps do but she guesses that they rip your life pattern apart and you die on the spot. No fire, no poison, no noticeable source of injury....just dead on the spot without a mark on your body." Serge said relaying the information he had gotten about the trap-maker.

Jeffry studied the picture of the Hagalaz woman and nodded.
"Ah yes Miss Bergen's mother the information you are giving me here seam to match what we have heard from other sources."
He said and frowned.
"Yes indeed a nasty woman, then again she is a member of the Nephandi so what do you expect?"

"Next up we have the scary Asian Scar Lady. Her real name is Mysaki Haru." Serge said pulling out the picture of the Asian Nephandi.

"Once a part of the Celestial Chorus she's now a powerful and loyal Security Chief for Lisa Larson. She seems to use a form of religious ritual magick although from what Miss Hannah said she has plenty of skills in her arsenal. From her time living at the Labyrinth, Miss Hannah claims that Mysaki Haru can communicate with spirits, create fire, manipulate Quintessence directly, move with great speed and create impossible materials. And that's just a few of her skills" Serge said listing off the things he was told.

"Hum...religious ritual magick I see and the Labyrinth's security Chief she is a top target for elimination then."
Jeffry said as he studied the drawing.

"And finally we have the man who probably just sent a giant spirit to attack us....Jace." Serge said bringing out the picture of the slender board-shouldered man.

"He used to be a Progenitor but is now a part of Larson's inner circle. Miss Hannah mentioned in passing that the spirits that attacked us were probably Jace's 'pet'. Apparently they are all one spirit. She doesn't know for sure if it was connected to him but she wouldn't be surprised if it was. Apparently he uses his own spinal fluid in his magick. Not only that but apparently he has surgical enhancements." Serge concluded.

"A Progenitor Barabbus...well bodily fluids are a common tool in magick So this is the second in command of the Labyrinth...hum and the one who sent those spirits after us...did Miss Larson say anything more about this man perhaps?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow at the drawing.

(OOC: Sorry about the late reply I am slow today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:44 pm

"A Progenitor Barabbus...well bodily fluids are a common tool in magick So this is the second in command of the Labyrinth...hum and the one who sent those spirits after us...did Miss Larson say anything more about this man perhaps?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow at the drawing.

"Not really, I didn't question her particularly hard." Serge admitted.

"She can't help but see these people as family so I didn't feel right interrogating her for more information. It didn't feel right to cause her that kind of distress...especially after what just happened to her." Serge explained.

Tilting his head back, Serge tried to remember all of the things Hannah had mentioned about Nephandi Second-in-Command.

"Let's see. He commands one giant spirit 'pet'. Uses spinal fluid for magick. Apparently most of his magick is prepared in advanced possibly through those surgical enhancements or other procedures." Serge said recalling only one new thing.

"Hannah did make a passing comment about how Jace likes to experiment on biomass. From what I've heard of the guy, he seems like the type who would experiment on the living. Also he may be able to use other people bodily fluids in his magick....not just his own."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Jeffry nodded and he opened a drawer in his desk and handed you a white envelope made of thick, quality paper.

He took it, put it up towards the light to see if it would be easy to see through and then nodded, satisfied. He folded up the note so that it wouldn't be easy to read the contents.

Jeffry nodded he rummaged though the desk drawer again and found a stick of wax then he stood and chanted and opened his personal pocked ream and from there got the finely crafted ring you had gotten to carry for him once, the wax begun to melt off it's own accord and the old Hermetic sealed the letter with was and with his magick.

Better than licking the envelope and leaving some traces to remove...and much more fancy and official looking.

Jeffry handed you the now sealed letter back and shook his head. "No that should not be necessary just give it to Mrs Knox and ask her to deliver it please."

"Yes sir; I will do that first then and let her know to be ready soon. Someone will find coverage for the guests then?"

"I will contact Master Sharaya and ask about the lines but this candle might be a solution. If you drop back to the office once you have seen Master Nassa I will probably have a plan of action then."

"I can leave the item with you now so you do not need to wait for me to make your message, if that is the option you wish to use. I can explain the process to use it," he offered, explaining how it was used if prompted to do so. "I will come back to the office after," he agreed.

You got to the basement, is it the magick section of it with the Node chamber or the practical one where Kristina is watching over the vampires you visit first.

Having to drop off the note with Kris, he headed to that side first.

// actually I'll write the note up in next post if that's ok, I just saw the time and need to do something but I will bbl. This week I will be somewhat busier, just fyi, I have a relative visiting  and I am playing tourguide and hosting : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Serge:

"Not really, I didn't question her particularly hard." Serge admitted.

"She can't help but see these people as family so I didn't feel right interrogating her for more information. It didn't feel right to cause her that kind of distress...especially after what just happened to her." Serge explained.

"I agree I did not send you to Miss Larson to interrogate her Mr Yager just to ask about the drawings, there will come a time when she will be interrogated but that is not now."
Jeffry agreed.

Tilting his head back, Serge tried to remember all of the things Hannah had mentioned about Nephandi Second-in-Command.

"Let's see. He commands one giant spirit 'pet'. Uses spinal fluid for magick. Apparently most of his magick is prepared in advanced possibly through those surgical enhancements or other procedures." Serge said recalling only one new thing.

"Hum...yes that would be a typical Progenitor Paradigm, they often do their magick through enchanments, surgical or drug induced."

"Hannah did make a passing comment about how Jace likes to experiment on biomass. From what I've heard of the guy, he seems like the type who would experiment on the living. Also he may be able to use other people bodily fluids in his magick....not just his own."

"Ah yes off course, then again many non Fallen Progenitors do that as well so it do not really surprise me."
Jeffry commented.
"Very well then Mr Yager thank you for the update. Master Sharaya have a machine who act like a fast printing press that can make copies of documents, I would like you to ask him to use it to make some copies of your drawings so we can distribute them among the strike teams as they are established."
The old mage ordered.
"Well then Mr Yager if there was nothing else?"

Adley:

He took it, put it up towards the light to see if it would be easy to see through and then nodded, satisfied. He folded up the note so that it wouldn't be easy to read the contents.

The envelope was made of thick, recycled paper and could not easily be read though.

"Yes sir; I will do that first then and let her know to be ready soon. Someone will find coverage for the guests then?"

"Very well. I will call on Miss Day and ask her to take over sitting with our guests."
Your Mentor confirmed.

"I can leave the item with you now so you do not need to wait for me to make your message, if that is the option you wish to use. I can explain the process to use it," he offered, explaining how it was used if prompted to do so. "I will come back to the office after," he agreed.

"That would be appreciated mea filius, I will make the call to Morningstar now then and afterwards speak with Miss Day."
Jeffy said then he listened to you telling him how to use Derrick's candle and he looked at it for a moment and nodded approvingly.
"Quite an impressively crafted talisman."

Having to drop off the note with Kris, he headed to that side first.

You found everything quiet as you entered the practical side of the basement. Sierra was still sleeping by the radiator and Ty, Darrian an Helga was on guard duty. The guards nodded to you as you entered the hallway.

(OOC: Not a problem I am slow today anyway. Enjoy your time with your relative.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 pm

"Hum...yes that would be a typical Progenitor Paradigm, they often do their magick through enchanments, surgical or drug induced."

"Even the spirit thing?" Serge said curiously.

"I thought the Technocracy didn't really believe in otherworldly spirits?"

"Very well then Mr Yager thank you for the update. Master Sharaya have a machine who act like a fast printing press that can make copies of documents, I would like you to ask him to use it to make some copies of your drawings so we can distribute them among the strike teams as they are established."
The old mage ordered.

"All right. Do you know where Master Sharaya is right now?" Serge asked.

"Well then Mr Yager if there was nothing else?"

"One more small thing." Serge said wanting to relay one more minor piece of information.

"I also talked with Deaconess O'Connor for a little bit. She wanted me to tell you that her cats still had a part to play but they wouldn't be staying for too long. She said that it might ease your fears a bit."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:26 am

"Ah yes the good man do seam to not be of the most subtle sort, there is not really an after hours at a hospital but I can bring him in when the gift shop is closed."
Richard said and nodded.
"I do wonder what that spirit is though."
Colin nodded, "Or, you know, I could try to have a word with the spirit - I might want to make a pact with it for the... donation I'm planning on to the hospital; someone who can relieve stress and fear might be just the edge needed for purification..."

"Spinal fluid for magick...well it do make sense it surrounds the brain, I know one Verbena who paid me for a sample once after hours as you say, she was constructing a pendulum to be especially attuned to her pineal Chakra, it was made from a amathyst that she had drilled a hole in and she wanted to pour her own spinal fluid and blood into the hole of the pendulum before sealing it up, even so if this Nephandus use Union methods he do sound rather unpleasant and if he have been attacking my spirit allies that is a problem and the man will have to be taken down."
Michael said and frowned.
He nodded, "Well, it's not as though we intend to let him get away when we hit the damnable place..."

"Ah well you can hardly be angry at someone who feed you now can you."
The Tytalus woman said and grinned.
"I am serious though, werewolves have had some bad experiences with us mages defiling their holy sites who just happens to be Nodes so we need to be very careful about approaching them to avoid trouble, they call us wordbreakers, they believe the Spirits created the world with words and our reality changing break them, they are not to fond of us, just a warning."
He nodded, "They aren't all entirely hostile, though, as far as I understand - though they seem very cautious about who they're willing to trust in general. Still, should we cross their paths, I would rather resort to diplomacy than force. I should hate to be forced to harm them, and I should hate more to be harmed myself. Not to mention seeing Freddy harmed again..."
He frowned, "Your President Eisenhower said it best - he hated war like only a soldier could."

"Well technically speaking it is always illegal to cooperate with the Technocracy at all but when done against the Nephandi the punishments given are usually light, however working with the Union is conspiring with the enemies of Asencion, that being said I do think some Technocrats have noble ideas tough I do not agree with their methods."
He smiled slyly, "Who knows? We might see their nobler faction come over to our side in our lifetime. Having their Void Engineers among our numbers would be valuable indeed. But no, the methods of the Union are... callous at best."

((OOC: A little slowness today is quite alright. My schnuckums and me went off to roll up characters for a new Pathfinder campaign today. I rolled a Catfolk Sorcerer, she rolled an Elf Witch, then there's a Ratfolk Ranger and a Grippli Gunslinger. We've taken ethnic diversity to a whole new level. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:02 am

Serge:

"Even the spirit thing?" Serge said curiously.

"I thought the Technocracy didn't really believe in otherworldly spirits?"

"It is likely that Mr Jace do not see these entities as spirits, the Technocracy do indeed not believe in spirits, however what to me is a spirit, to Mr Jace might be an alien organism with the ability to traverse dimensions, it is all a part of your Paradigm, so s while a Progenitor who work with spirits are rare to be sure, there are ways that can bet fit into his Paradigm."
Jeffry explained.
"It is a bit the same that to all times people have vanished just to be returned after some time talking about contact with otherworldly beings, however what those beings are referred to as have changed allot over time, very few today talk about being lured into a fairy realm for example they talk about being kidnapped by an UFO in many ways the same phenomena but viewed through very different Paradigms."

"All right. Do you know where Master Sharaya is right now?" Serge asked.

"Let me yes...ah yes I do I sent him to show the other new Chantry member to her room, you can find them up on the same floor as your apartment."

"One more small thing." Serge said wanting to relay one more minor piece of information.

"I also talked with Deaconess O'Connor for a little bit. She wanted me to tell you that her cats still had a part to play but they wouldn't be staying for too long. She said that it might ease your fears a bit."

The old Hermetic sigh at this.
"Ah yes off course she said that...well thank you Mr Yager that she do not plan to keep the cats forever do reassure me some but still I do not want to have them here at all, they are a security risk, well regardless I will speak with her again myself."
He said and shook his head.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Or, you know, I could try to have a word with the spirit - I might want to make a pact with it for the... donation I'm planning on to the hospital; someone who can relieve stress and fear might be just the edge needed for purification..."

"Hum...well that might be a good idea actually, I am not sure how it will help for the discussed purification but if you want to talk with the Umbrood in the gift shop be my guest."
Richard said and smiled.

He nodded, "Well, it's not as though we intend to let him get away when we hit the damnable place..."

"No it would not do to let a Nephandus escape that place alive."
Michael agreed darkly.

He nodded, "They aren't all entirely hostile, though, as far as I understand - though they seem very cautious about who they're willing to trust in general. Still, should we cross their paths, I would rather resort to diplomacy than force. I should hate to be forced to harm them, and I should hate more to be harmed myself. Not to mention seeing Freddy harmed again..."

"They are not extremely hostile no, werewolves prefer to keep to themselves, towards the Technocracy and the Nephandi they might attack on sight, but us unless we are attacking them or busy sacking their Nodes chances are they are going to try to chase of us and do allot of chest thumbing and growling but not harm us and no we would not want to get into an open conflict with their kind."
Theodora said and Freddy gave you a warm smile.

He frowned, "Your President Eisenhower said it best - he hated war like only a soldier could."

"Well like Tytalus the Founder always taught, conflict is the greatest driving force of this world, the greatest innovations of man have happened in order to win wars, even so though war is usually more death, pain an fear than it is glory."
The Tytalus maga commented.

He smiled slyly, "Who knows? We might see their nobler faction come over to our side in our lifetime. Having their Void Engineers among our numbers would be valuable indeed. But no, the methods of the Union are... callous at best."

"Well if the Void Engineers defect like the Etherintes and the Virtual Adepts did and far before them the Solificati then I see no reason not to welcome them among us, they have made it clear they do not support the Pogrom, the Technocrazy's standing order to hunt us all down and kill us, and besides with the Engineers on our side that will make it far harder for the Union to operate their Umbral realms and facilities and that would be good."
Theodora said and nodded in agreement.

(OOC: Well that is certainly quite the party.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:15 pm

"Hum...well that might be a good idea actually, I am not sure how it will help for the discussed purification but if you want to talk with the Umbrood in the gift shop be my guest."
Richard said and smiled.
Colin smiled, "A prayer candle lit, and all fear and stress lifted off one's shoulder to leave behind... hope, perhaps, and relief? I can think of few aspects more potent for washing away the pain and death and terror of... the past. Best pick a moment when there are fewer people around, though..."

"No it would not do to let a Nephandus escape that place alive."
Michael agreed darkly.
He shrugged, "Everything within reason, I suppose - the inner circle, the leadership, those are the ones we cannot afford to let slip away. If that means letting a few of the lower ranking members, apprentices and such, slip through our fingers for now, then that's... acceptable, I guess. Without the head, the rest of the snake is a lot less dangerous, after all..."

"They are not extremely hostile no, werewolves prefer to keep to themselves, towards the Technocracy and the Nephandi they might attack on sight, but us unless we are attacking them or busy sacking their Nodes chances are they are going to try to chase of us and do allot of chest thumbing and growling but not harm us and no we would not want to get into an open conflict with their kind."
Theodora said and Freddy gave you a warm smile.
He nodded, "So an offer of food and a shared campfire might work, or it might not... Better to try than to run away right at once, I suppose - though buggering off is high on the list of viable tactics, all the same."

"Well like Tytalus the Founder always taught, conflict is the greatest driving force of this world, the greatest innovations of man have happened in order to win wars, even so though war is usually more death, pain an fear than it is glory."
The Tytalus maga commented.
He nodded with a small frown, "He was hardly wrong in that regard. All the same, there are many degrees of conflict, and innovations have happened to make war unnecessary through making resources more abundant - agricultural improvements to raise more crops quicker, that sort of thing. But of course, while leaders are removed from the suffering on the battlefield, they'll keep seeing war as a simple quick fix for their own purposes, and damn the soldiers at the frontlines... I won't shy away from fighting; I'm rather adept at it, in fact, but I staunchly believe that most conflicts can be resolved without bloodshed. Not all, but most..."
He smiled thinly, "And I don't believe Tytalus himself would fault that - conflict is still conflict, after all."

"Well if the Void Engineers defect like the Etherintes and the Virtual Adepts did and far before them the Solificati then I see no reason not to welcome them among us, they have made it clear they do not support the Pogrom, the Technocrazy's standing order to hunt us all down and kill us, and besides with the Engineers on our side that will make it far harder for the Union to operate their Umbral realms and facilities and that would be good."
Theodora said and nodded in agreement.
He nodded, "It would be a great strategic advantage indeed... the Union might find a way around that eventually, but it would mean a greater unified front against the Fallen in the Umbra, and a little better time to build and upgrade the Traditions' military strength... Well, when Admiral Hastings takes the Seat, I expect she'll make swift preparations for war..."

((OOC: I suspect the Rat is mostly paranoid about the Cat, though. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Anja's Post:

'Simply trying to think of ways I might be of use past doing guard duty.' she replied, coming back into the main room.

'Well, I'm gonna quit taking up any more of your time... sure you've got stuff that needs sorting.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:42 pm

He finished up the note and showed it to his pater: 'concerning L.’s plans we have received the following information (unverified but worrying ‘rumors’): ‘the Aswdm targeted has blood relatives alive today that live in Chicago and that L.’s ritual would use a bit of their blood’ Something occured to him as he wrote out that part and he noted onto his tablet: 'Would it be possible they are talking about vampires? I mean, they are technically undead...but it would make the time gap make sense. Unless it is ancestors.' he showed both the note and tablet to him. “Anything else you would like me to add?” he asked, unsure how much he wanted to tell them man about what they’d heard from Sierra.

"That would be appreciated mea filius, I will make the call to Morningstar now then and afterwards speak with Miss Day." Jeffy said then he listened to you telling him how to use Derrick's candle and he looked at it for a moment and nodded approvingly. "Quite an impressively crafted talisman."

"Yes, it is," he agreed as he handed it over. "Probably still good to see what's up with the status of our phones but it helps."

You found everything quiet as you entered the practical side of the basement. Sierra was still sleeping by the radiator and Ty, Darrian an Helga was on guard duty. The guards nodded to you as you entered the hallway.

He moved quietly through the area, returning the nods to the guards and then came over towards the room with Kris and the vampires, looking to see if it was open. If not, he tapped softly so he wouldn't alert the vampires inside.

// that sounds like it’s gonna be a fun game, Warp. Off to be a local tour guide lol Very Happy

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "A prayer candle lit, and all fear and stress lifted off one's shoulder to leave behind... hope, perhaps, and relief? I can think of few aspects more potent for washing away the pain and death and terror of... the past. Best pick a moment when there are fewer people around, though..."

"Hum that is a great idea actually if you where thinking of the piece for the hospital chapel, the gift shop closes at 21 so coming back then, provided we have dealt with Larson and her friends then talking with the spirit then might be a good idea."
Richard suggested.

He shrugged, "Everything within reason, I suppose - the inner circle, the leadership, those are the ones we cannot afford to let slip away. If that means letting a few of the lower ranking members, apprentices and such, slip through our fingers for now, then that's... acceptable, I guess. Without the head, the rest of the snake is a lot less dangerous, after all..."

"Hum...agreed Mr Wainwright if a few of their apprentices and pawns escape for now that is acceptable. But we have to get the leadership of the Labyrinth have to go they are to dangerous to let live, they have to be killed or captured."
Michael declared.
"And Chantry Riverside stand with Chantry Steelhaven Hall in this."

He nodded, "So an offer of food and a shared campfire might work, or it might not... Better to try than to run away right at once, I suppose - though buggering off is high on the list of viable tactics, all the same."

"Yes being generous and open with them might work but be ready to flee or fight if need be."'
Theodora said and she smiled. Freddy nodded.
"Well I am rather good at bugging out but so far I can not take Colin with me and I am not leaving him alone in trouble."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.

He nodded with a small frown, "He was hardly wrong in that regard. All the same, there are many degrees of conflict, and innovations have happened to make war unnecessary through making resources more abundant - agricultural improvements to raise more crops quicker, that sort of thing. But of course, while leaders are removed from the suffering on the battlefield, they'll keep seeing war as a simple quick fix for their own purposes, and damn the soldiers at the frontlines...

"Yes it is a shame that all to often the ones who start wars are never the ones who end up paying the cost of them, and conflict becomes just a tool for rich old men to get richer but yes conflict is often the mother of invention and I do believe that at times was is necessary but that do not mean that it is desirable."
Theodora said.

I won't shy away from fighting; I'm rather adept at it, in fact, but I staunchly believe that most conflicts can be resolved without bloodshed. Not all, but most..."

"Often finding the path that avoid bloodshed is the more challenging path and as such is the most instructive one."
The Tytalus said and smiled.

He smiled thinly, "And I don't believe Tytalus himself would fault that - conflict is still conflict, after all."

"Our esteemed Founder wound not object, often violence is an easy path, and after all he believe that conflict make us grow, but that conflict must be challenging, in fact the greatest conflict in not external but the conflict in yourself."
The Hermetic said and she nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "It would be a great strategic advantage indeed... the Union might find a way around that eventually, but it would mean a greater unified front against the Fallen in the Umbra, and a little better time to build and upgrade the Traditions' military strength... Well, when Admiral Hastings takes the Seat, I expect she'll make swift preparations for war..."

"Doubtfully getting the Void Engineers over on our side would be a boon and it would give up a leg up on the Union to be sure."
Theodora agreed.
"I am doubtful that it will ever happen though. Hum...Admiral Hastings? You think she will become the seat of Matter?"

Nicole:

"Well if you excuse the crass language Miss you can be of great duty later if you are willing to help us kick some Nephandi butt."
Narim said and smile then he got a concerned look in his eyes, people would die in that fight.
"As for your suggestion I will take it up with the Deacon Council."
He added then he said.
"Oh do not worry about that Miss other co located versions of myself is already busy at other tasks, but yes I will leave you to get settled in your new apartment, unless there was anything else that you needed?"

Adley:

He finished up the note and showed it to his pater: 'concerning L.’s plans we have received the following information (unverified but worrying ‘rumors’): ‘the Aswdm targeted has blood relatives alive today that live in Chicago and that L.’s ritual would use a bit of their blood’ Something occured to him as he wrote out that part and he noted onto his tablet: 'Would it be possible they are talking about vampires? I mean, they are technically undead...but it would make the time gap make sense. Unless it is ancestors.' he showed both the note and tablet to him. “Anything else you would like me to add?” he asked, unsure how much he wanted to tell them man about what they’d heard from Sierra.

Your Mentor read the note and the tablet and nodded.
"It could be vampires, or descendants of the Aswadim or just a very old mage, the Verbena Tradition is still allied with the sorceress Medea for example, yes that Medea from Greek myths now a Marauder, we can do nothing but speculate at this point."
Jeffry said then he nodded again.
"The note seam fine mea filius."

"Yes, it is," he agreed as he handed it over. "Probably still good to see what's up with the status of our phones but it helps."

"I will check with Master Sharaya about our phones but yes this candle will absolutely help."
The old Hermetic agreed.

He moved quietly through the area, returning the nods to the guards and then came over towards the room with Kris and the vampires, looking to see if it was open. If not, he tapped softly so he wouldn't alert the vampires inside.

The door was closed, Kristina quickly made her way to the door and opened it.
"Adley, what can I do for you? Both of the Kindred...ehm that is what they call themselves are sleeping at the moment."
The green eyes druidess said as she glanced back at the staked creatures.

(OOC: I don't know my cat kind of like rats.)
(OOC 2: Enjoy Strife.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:18 pm

"It is likely that Mr Jace do not see these entities as spirits, the Technocracy do indeed not believe in spirits, however what to me is a spirit, to Mr Jace might be an alien organism with the ability to traverse dimensions, it is all a part of your Paradigm, so s while a Progenitor who work with spirits are rare to be sure, there are ways that can bet fit into his Paradigm."
Jeffry explained.
"It is a bit the same that to all times people have vanished just to be returned after some time talking about contact with otherworldly beings, however what those beings are referred to as have changed allot over time, very few today talk about being lured into a fairy realm for example they talk about being kidnapped by an UFO in many ways the same phenomena but viewed through very different Paradigms."

"Oh right. Yeah I guess that makes sense. Huh, never thought about it like that." Serge said.

"Let me yes...ah yes I do I sent him to show the other new Chantry member to her room, you can find them up on the same floor as your apartment."

"All right then I guess'll I'll head there now." Serge said as he waited to be dismissed.

Once he exited the Chief's office and he began walking towards the floor of his apartment where the Master had directed him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Anja's Post:

'Oh, I will.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'But it's nice to be known that I can do other things than punch and shoot.'

Anja's Post:

'Shouldn't tell people that... could have fun freaking out the newbies by giving 'em loads of dé-jà vu.' ending with a smirk.

'And thanks.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Serge:

"Oh right. Yeah I guess that makes sense. Huh, never thought about it like that." Serge said.

"Perception is everything Mr Yager, perception is everything."
Jeffry said and smiled.

"All right then I guess'll I'll head there now." Serge said as he waited to be dismissed.

"Very well thank you for your help Mr Yager...good day to you."
The old Hermetic said as he lead you to the door of his office.

Once he exited the Chief's office and he began walking towards the floor of his apartment where the Master had directed him.

You hear the sound of Master Sharaya and Nicole from one of the other rooms where the door was open as you came close to your own new room.

Nicole:

Oh, I will.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'But it's nice to be known that I can do other things than punch and shoot.'

"Thank you, we will need everyone we can get for the fight, however I am also sure you are very capable in other areas Miss Bouchard."
Narim said and nodded.

'Shouldn't tell people that... could have fun freaking out the newbies by giving 'em loads of dé-jà vu.' ending with a smirk.

The Virtual Adept gave a chuckle at that.
"Perhaps that would have been amusing Miss Bouchard however I do try to avoid freaking out induviduals with magickal powers to much."
He said with a wry smile.

'And thanks.'

"You are most welcome Miss."
Narim said as he turned to leave you alone to get settled in your new apartment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:11 pm

You hear the sound of Master Sharaya and Nicole from one of the other rooms where the door was open as you came close to your own new room.

"Oh yeah I have a new room too." Serge said amusingly as he glanced at his room. He hadn't had much time to explore his new found independence with all of the chaos that had happened. In fact he still didn't have time to look around.

"Hey new room! Don't worry I'll binge watch television shows in you soon but right now I have to get some wanted posters made." Serge said jokingly to his new room.

Putting his strange room talking aside, Serge made his way to where he had heard Master Sharaya and Nicole talking.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:49 pm

A nod of good-bye to Narim, then she pulled off her jacket, dumped it on the couch and wandered into the bedroom.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 pm

"Hum that is a great idea actually if you where thinking of the piece for the hospital chapel, the gift shop closes at 21 so coming back then, provided we have dealt with Larson and her friends then talking with the spirit then might be a good idea."
Richard suggested.
Colin nodded, "Or perhaps at some point during the week... No great rush, I have a lot of work coming, and might need to take at least tonight off..."

"Hum...agreed Mr Wainwright if a few of their apprentices and pawns escape for now that is acceptable. But we have to get the leadership of the Labyrinth have to go they are to dangerous to let live, they have to be killed or captured."
Michael declared.
"And Chantry Riverside stand with Chantry Steelhaven Hall in this."
He nodded, "I will make sure Chief Morgan gets that message."

"Yes being generous and open with them might work but be ready to flee or fight if need be."'
Theodora said and she smiled. Freddy nodded.
"Well I am rather good at bugging out but so far I can not take Colin with me and I am not leaving him alone in trouble."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.
He nodded, then frowned, "Hum, we'll both have to work on ways to bug out quickly... Heh, at some point I will build a TARDIS. That might serve for an emergency..."

"Yes it is a shame that all to often the ones who start wars are never the ones who end up paying the cost of them, and conflict becomes just a tool for rich old men to get richer but yes conflict is often the mother of invention and I do believe that at times was is necessary but that do not mean that it is desirable."
Theodora said.
He frowned, "It's necessity that is the mother of invention, though... Conflict is a very efficient way of creating necessity, but by no means the only one..."

"Often finding the path that avoid bloodshed is the more challenging path and as such is the most instructive one."
The Tytalus said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "Well, if two parties are able to walk away with a potential life lesson, rather than just the one, it's difficult to top that."

"Our esteemed Founder wound not object, often violence is an easy path, and after all he believe that conflict make us grow, but that conflict must be challenging, in fact the greatest conflict in not external but the conflict in yourself."
The Hermetic said and she nodded in agreement.
He nodded, frowning, "Hum, I've heard a number of people claim that's essentially the meaning of Jihad... Not an external war, but an internal one... There's truth to it, though - how can you master your surroundings if you can't master yourself?"

"Doubtfully getting the Void Engineers over on our side would be a boon and it would give up a leg up on the Union to be sure."
Theodora agreed.
"I am doubtful that it will ever happen though. Hum...Admiral Hastings? You think she will become the seat of Matter?"
He shrugged, "I think that's essentially a done deal - though I expect that it will happen quite peacefully when Dr. Spence decides to retire from politics, rather than under more... tumultuous circumstances. Though I've been given a glimpse, and more, of a future where she had done well, so yes, I think she is next in line for the Seat."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Serge:

You see Narim coming out of one of the apartments so locating him was rather easy, the Virtual Adept gave you a polite nod.
"Hello Mr Yager."
He said as he passed you in the hallway.

Nicole:

The bedroom was small and rather long, there was a bed by the window, green curtains, a wardrobe a desk and a nightstand in there, all of the furniture was from Ikea and was in a plain wood finish, there was a green and gray striped rug on the wood floor.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Or perhaps at some point during the week... No great rush, I have a lot of work coming, and might need to take at least tonight off..."

"Off course, during the week works as well my friend but at least then you know at what time the gift shop closes."
Richard said and nodded.
"I do suspect we will all be rather worn out after the battle and I will probably be quite busy tending to the wounded for...there will be wounded."

He nodded, "I will make sure Chief Morgan gets that message."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, we have already sent words to Steelhaven that we will be supporting their efforts, we prefer to be neutral in Tribunal politics but when it comes to the safety of Boston and well, everywhere we will pull our own weight."
Michael said firmly.

He nodded, then frowned, "Hum, we'll both have to work on ways to bug out quickly... Heh, at some point I will build a TARDIS. That might serve for an emergency..."

"You don't think a big blue phone booth in the middle of the forest would both ruin the camp fire mood a bit and also piss off the werewolves more love?"
Freddy asked and she raised an eyebrow at you.

He frowned, "It's necessity that is the mother of invention, though... Conflict is a very efficient way of creating necessity, but by no means the only one..."

"True that, true that."
The Tytalus said as she nodded in agreement.

He smiled wryly, "Well, if two parties are able to walk away with a potential life lesson, rather than just the one, it's difficult to top that."

"Very true but the outcome is less important than the challenge in reaching it, that was always the difference between Tytalus the Founder and his damned brother, where Tremere the Founder saw conflict and challange as a means to an end, the Founder of my own House saw it as the end in itself."
Theodora explained.

He nodded, frowning, "Hum, I've heard a number of people claim that's essentially the meaning of Jihad... Not an external war, but an internal one... There's truth to it, though - how can you master your surroundings if you can't master yourself?"

"I would say that no war could be more holy then the one you wage to master yourself, you can learn from external conflict but it is with the internal ones you really grow."
The Tytalus agreed.

He shrugged, "I think that's essentially a done deal - though I expect that it will happen quite peacefully when Dr. Spence decides to retire from politics, rather than under more... tumultuous circumstances. Though I've been given a glimpse, and more, of a future where she had done well, so yes, I think she is next in line for the Seat."

"I have met Admiral Hastings once and she seamed to be an remarkable woman, a bit focused on her work perhaps but then so are all Etherites or at least most of them, and rumors have said that Dr Spence are looking more and more tired, some say the Council meetings are draining him more and more so I would not be surprised if he eventually decided to step down and find a nice Chantry to settle down into dedicate himself to his studies and research."
The Hermetic said and nodded and Michael chimed in.
"I have heard similar rumors, then again I very seldom visit Horizon."

As you stood talking you saw the little boy with the broken leg who now was busy opening lego kit to build a helicopter from colorful bricks and sipping his slushie while his mother had a few moments to relax with a cup of tea, the boy pointed at your group a few tables down and called to his mother.
"Mommy, Mommy those people over there glow."
The mother sigh and patted the boy on the head.
"I do perhaps think those painkillers they gave you where a tad to strong Sebastian, now build your kit and drink your slushie and our breakfast will soon be ready."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 pm

"Off course, during the week works as well my friend but at least then you know at what time the gift shop closes."
Richard said and nodded.
"I do suspect we will all be rather worn out after the battle and I will probably be quite busy tending to the wounded for...there will be wounded."
Colin frowned, "There will be casualties... Probably fatalities, too - but hopefully we can keep those to a minimum..."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, we have already sent words to Steelhaven that we will be supporting their efforts, we prefer to be neutral in Tribunal politics but when it comes to the safety of Boston and well, everywhere we will pull our own weight."
Michael said firmly.
He nodded, "Very good. I would say I look forward to seeing you there, but... that's rather unlikely, I suppose. Different parts of the battlefield, that sort of thing..."

"You don't think a big blue phone booth in the middle of the forest would both ruin the camp fire mood a bit and also piss off the werewolves more love?"
Freddy asked and she raised an eyebrow at you.
He grinned, "That's the beauty of it - the thing can be summoned from elsewhere; it wouldn't need to be at the same time and space as us."

"Very true but the outcome is less important than the challenge in reaching it, that was always the difference between Tytalus the Founder and his damned brother, where Tremere the Founder saw conflict and challange as a means to an end, the Founder of my own House saw it as the end in itself."
Theodora explained.
He frowned, "And much as they both deserve respect for their deeds, with a few very specific exceptions for Tremere, I humply opine they were both less than correct in their view on the matter. Though I think, perhaps, Tremere was closer to the truth - depending on what ends one pursues."

"I would say that no war could be more holy then the one you wage to master yourself, you can learn from external conflict but it is with the internal ones you really grow."
The Tytalus agreed.
He nodded thoughtfully.

"I have met Admiral Hastings once and she seamed to be an remarkable woman, a bit focused on her work perhaps but then so are all Etherites or at least most of them, and rumors have said that Dr Spence are looking more and more tired, some say the Council meetings are draining him more and more so I would not be surprised if he eventually decided to step down and find a nice Chantry to settle down into dedicate himself to his studies and research."
The Hermetic said and nodded and Michael chimed in.
"I have heard similar rumors, then again I very seldom visit Horizon."
He nodded, voice soft, "I remember speaking with her in the future... She is possibly the closest I've heard to the ideal Officer. If I don't make it back, she'll notify my family..."

As you stood talking you saw the little boy with the broken leg who now was busy opening lego kit to build a helicopter from colorful bricks and sipping his slushie while his mother had a few moments to relax with a cup of tea, the boy pointed at your group a few tables down and called to his mother.
"Mommy, Mommy those people over there glow."
The mother sigh and patted the boy on the head.
"I do perhaps think those painkillers they gave you where a tad to strong Sebastian, now build your kit and drink your slushie and our breakfast will soon be ready."
He frowned and looked over at the mother and child, "Oh, dear... Doctors, would one of you want to address that one, or should I?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:43 pm

You see Narim coming out of one of the apartments so locating him was rather easy, the Virtual Adept gave you a polite nod.
"Hello Mr Yager."
He said as he passed you in the hallway.

"Hey Master Sharaya. Wait hold up I have something for you!" Serge said as he saw the teleporting Master pass by him and quickly caught up to him.

"Master Morgan wanted me to give you these drawings of Lisa Larson and her crew. Said he wanted you to make copies of them to give out to our strike teams." the young cultist said as he pulled out his 4 drawings, each depicting its own high-ranking Nephandi member.

In Nicole's Room:

After talking with Master Sharaya, Serge sauntered off a little ways down the hall. Looking to his side he noticed Nicole analyzing her room. He started looking around the room for a bit before saying,

"Hey Nicole!" Serge said with a friendly smile. He stood by the doorway, not wanting to enter without Nicole's permission.

"Neat room you got here. I would say it's similar to mine but I haven't actually looked at my room yet."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:13 am

On entering the bedroom, the first thing Nicole did was to lie down on the bed, testing out the mattress condition and most importantly size. Hearing someone calling, she got up and went back into the main to see who it was.

'Oh. Hi.' she said curiously to Serge.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 am

Nicole wrote:'Oh. Hi.' she said curiously to Serge.

"Oh sorry. hope I'm not disturbing anything." Serge said noticing that Nicole was testing out her furniture. "I was just around....just thought I'd stop by and say hi.

"What'd you think of the new chantry? I think this place is pretty cool." Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:13 am

'Hmm?' she said, scratching her hair for a moment. 'Oh, no. Bit... odd, this place is, but I'll get used to it. You new here too?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:19 am

"Yup. Moved in here this morning." Serge said with nod remembering the blissful drive over to his new home.

"What's so odd about this place? Seems typical for a building full of mystical magickal people." Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next