Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 4 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Nicole:

'I'm not sure Mom was a hooker, me. But was fat.' Nicole said to the woman in a conversational tone as she trussed her up. On Jeffrey's question, Nicole looked up. 'Narim? In the car, parked out there.' signalling with her head towards the road. 'How transporting the package are we? Can shove her in the back of the car.' looking to see if one of the Fallen's sleeves could be used as a gag, failing that planning to tape up her mouth.

You could rip a sleeve or the hood of her sweater and use it as a gag yes. The Nephanda glared daggers at you, she had sharp features, full lips and a arched nose, her eyes where dark and now very scared as she still tried to struggle.
"Fuck you, fuck you Avatar fuck your entire Chantry!"
She grumbled at you. Jeffry glanced towards the car and nodded.
"Ok you go with the Deacon back home, keep him safe also please be careful of names they have power we do not want our enemies to get."
He warned.
"I will take our new friend here through the Umbra back to the Chantry, would you mind also taking the wounded back in the car that might be safer for them?"
The old Hermetic said.

Colin:

Colin grinned to Mona, "He likes you, too."

The nurse smiled.
"I am glad, please tell him I have been thinking about him."
She said and Tommy giggled.

He grinned, "Well, if those boys think you are strange, ask them about action figures."

"Yeah...those are dolls as well Sir...I like to change the clothes of mine though, my mon sew me a new piece of clothing for my dolls every time I allow the doctors to do something that hurts."
The boy said and smiled.
"Lizzy have a sun dress and a rain coat and an apron and socks with frills and a nightgown, and jeans, and Elisabeth have a evening gown and two summer dresses and an umbrella and a knitted coat..."
The boy went on for some time listing up all the clothing the two doll he had brought with him to the hospital had.

He scritched his cheek, "It's a bit of guesswork as yet. I vaguely remember that it was unpleasant to a Fallen intruder in the future, but the exact mechanics of it... well, others have touched it this morning, and they have full-sensory memories of better times; times and places where they felt safe, comfortable and happy. The Fallen, though, are wrung, so it's possible it makes them relive the polar opposite memories... which would be the Caul, most probably... but it's only a hypothesis until I can test it. Kyle volunteered to do so when we return, but I'm not planning to hold him to that."

"He is a brave kid...hum memories of the Caul no that would not be plesant for a Fallen mage I assume."
Richard said and frowned.
"That would slow them down a bit."

He shook his head, "More important than anything physical... You know where I stood during... the ritual..."

"Oh damn you mean you have a piece of her...Avatar? But how? No these are not matter to be discussed here but damn!"
Richard said and his eyes went wide.

He pondered for a moment, "Some vampires use a pretty nifty trick - they become invisible, of sorts, by making everyone around them not register their presence, as I understand it. One vampire we encountered was surprised that I could see him, but really, I saw the magic he was using... hm, I suppose bending light around him to become invisible could work, too, though he'd have to avoid bumping into people..."

"Ty studies my own Tradition's favorite aspect of reality, so it is more the first suggestion that might work for him, hum...making others not notice you that should work and not be invasive in any way."
The Akashic agreed.
"I will mention it to him perhaps such a rote can be created or learned."

He smiled thinly, "You assume you'll survive the day, and that this place won't bar your way... Neither is guaranteed. The Union doesn't look altogether too kindly on your kind, either, after all..."

"I do assume I will survive the day yes and well I guess you ae right, but there are other hospitals my supplies need not come from this one."
The Nephandus said and shrugged.

He nodded, "Luck helps... so does multilateral thinking and innovation. I hope you have prepared large Tass reserves; I mean to use them. Well, excepting the delivery you lost the other night, of course - that must have been an annoyance."

"Well yes indeed that was quite annoying."
The man said but he did not seam to goaded by your words and just walked to the exit.

He nodded, "Of course you could give me detailed threats. Those don't really work well on someone who has already been Gilgulled, though... remembering that pain, there's little left to scare me. But, if we get you alive, you'll get to experience that soon enough."

"I see, I do wonder how you managed to survive it, well yes I do hear such a ritual is most unpleasant and I am sure if I where in your cells I would be most nervous however unlike you mystics I do not believe in a soul and while the destruction of my brain or parts of it are terrifying, it is not so to the extent that I can not do my job."

He watched the elevator doors close, then nodded to Richard, "Very good - you can protect yourself; I'll get back to guard the others... and warn Freddy."

Richard nodded at that.
"Good idea, I will be right back."
He said and hurried down another corridor.

He strode back toward the room where Mona and Kyle were, and called Freddy, "Hey, Luv, there's a nasty sort of fellow on the way down the elevator. Stay alert, but stay clear, let him go..."

Freddy picked up, listened to what you had to say and said.
"Very well love I will stay alert, and not approach this man it is not to much I can do when I see to poorly to use a weapon...then again I might be able to use my prepared apps, I will stay herein the cafeteria, is all ok up there?"
She asked. You came back to the examination room, Kyle was starting to wake up you saw and Mona was giving him a glass of water.
"Is everything ok Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 4 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:16 pm

"The only law should be to only kill if you have to in order to live, and other than that dreams shoudl regin, the dreams that create."
The Deaconess said and she gave you a big smile.
"You will one day young artist an in the meantime keep imagining, that is where your true magick are, you have always been a bright one, never loose that to the judgement of others who want everyone to be the same."
Mara advices.

"Don't worry. I don't intend on stopping anytime soon." Serge said with a nod.

"I try my best to ignore them but it just gets annoying after a while, listening to everyone around me calling naive or crazy and scolding me on not knowing the ways that they believe the 'real' world should work." Serge said.

"The hearts of the small beings of the world of any world are open and true, they live, eat, kill, mate and play as they wish, they are unburdened by the cold steel and glass that creep into the heart of man and makes him forget the simple joys."
The large woman said. The kittens followed the string of pearls and reaches out with her paws for it, ran around after it and put the beads in their mouths proudly when they caught them.

"Yeah, I miss being a small being. The world seemed so much simpler. The possibilities were endless. Not a care in the world just lying in my bed all alone going on adventures in my mind." Serge said with a smile reminiscing about happier days as he played with the kittens.

"So they do but perhaps slitted eyes see more than round, instead of even world of stone and coldness, perhaps they see joy and warmth and creativity."
The Deaconess said. The kitten with the white spots looked at you and maued before it continued playing.

"I wonder what they're thinking." Serge wondered innocently as he watched the kittens play.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Anja's Post:

Pulling out her knife, Nicole nicked the woman's sleeve-seam, then used her hand to rip it off. 'And there was me thinking we'd be friends and do each other's hair and shit.' she said sarcastically, before gagging the Fallen so she'd shut up.

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, getting up off the woman and testing her injured leg.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Serge:

"Don't worry. I don't intend on stopping anytime soon." Serge said with a nod.

"Good young artist, good continue to create and be your own creation."
Mara said and smiled.

"I try my best to ignore them but it just gets annoying after a while, listening to everyone around me calling naive or crazy and scolding me on not knowing the ways that they believe the 'real' world should work." Serge said.

"Many have forgotten how to dream young artist, their world have turned harsh and cold, there is little light or wonder in the world anymore, everything is hardening, keep your naivete young artist it means you are not yet as static as so many others."
Mara said and smiled.

"Yeah, I miss being a small being. The world seemed so much simpler. The possibilities were endless. Not a care in the world just lying in my bed all alone going on adventures in my mind." Serge said with a smile reminiscing about happier days as he played with the kittens.

"So why have you changed? The possibilities have not lessened only how you view them have."
The Deaconess asked.

"I wonder what they're thinking." Serge wondered innocently as he watched the kittens play.

"They are thinking they want that string of pearls."
Mara said simply.

Nicole:

Pulling out her knife, Nicole nicked the woman's sleeve-seam, then used her hand to rip it off. 'And there was me thinking we'd be friends and do each other's hair and shit.' she said sarcastically, before gagging the Fallen so she'd shut up.

The Nephanda grunted as you showed the sleeve of her own hoodie into her mouth. Jeffry handed you a syringe filled with something far to green to look healthy.
"This will control her magick, I am holding it now but this will be safer, into muscle, do not cause more pain than need be done."
The old Hermetic instructed.
"I will get to work on the portal back into the Umbra.

A nod to this, getting up off the woman and testing her injured leg.

You leg was sore but the bullet had been pushed out and the wound mostly healed leaving only a dark pink, slightly swollen spot.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Hildegard was still singing from where she was protected behind the Chief's shields but she still came over to you, not stopping her song and offered you a shoulder to lean on, making to great affair out of it not wanting to embarrass you.Arn who was hit you saw was slowly recovering under the healing domain of the Chorister's soft song, it had little effect on you though taking a breather did reduce your discomfort.

He glanced at Hildegaard and shook his head a bit with a muttered, breathy thanks, preferring the stability of putting his hands on his knees. This way he could still try to keep an eye out, provide cover, see if he could get his shit together. He hadn't realised Arn had gotten hit but was glad he seemed to be recovering. Once he saw Nicole take down the Nephandi and start taping her down, he felt a touch of relief, glad he didn't have to consider throwing another spell. Determined to be helpful, he stood back up testing to see if he could go over and help frisk the woman and get her ready to be taken.

"Good now we should go...where is the Virtual Adept Master?" Jeffry asked before he glanced back at Adley with a concerned look
'Narim? In the car, parked out there.' signalling with her head towards the road. 'How transporting the package are we? Can shove her in the back of the car.' looking to see if one of the Fallen's sleeves could be used as a gag, failing that planning to tape up her mouth.

He nodded at Nicole, also wondering where Narim was; he probably looked worse than he should but was trying to keep going till they were all safely home and not be a liability. "What about the two by the dumpster? They looked familiar, didn't they?" he asked his pater, not wanting to say from where or when, but that perhaps they might have something on them. Then he glanced down the street, trying to spot Narim's car. Or for anything else, for that matter that might cause them trouble.

"Ok you go with the Deacon back home, keep him safe also please be careful of names they have power we do not want our enemies to get." He warned. "I will take our new friend here through the Umbra back to the Chantry, would you mind also taking the wounded back in the car that might be safer for them?"

He nodded to Adjan. "He might provide a spell that makes the car less likely to be tracked, if he's able and willing, of course," he added. He frowned. "Should I go with the car, sir?" he asked. It was true, he would slow the rest of the group down but once in the umbra the path was not overly long. They'd have to tote the woman through the umbra, it seemed and so they would need someone to cover them. Either way was potentially dangerous.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Anja's Post:

Tested out her leg, ran a finger over the rip and hole in the cargo trousers - though the latter wasn't in pristine condition beforehand. Took the syringe silently, pulled off the cap, checked for air-bubbles and then injected it into the Fallen's bare shoulder.

Adley's Post:

'Search and then dump in the dumpster them two I would.' she replied, looking from Adley to the bodies, then back to Jeffrey.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:59 pm

He glanced at Hildegaard and shook his head a bit with a muttered, breathy thanks, preferring the stability of putting his hands on his knees. This way he could still try to keep an eye out, provide cover, see if he could get his shit together.

Hildegard nodded to you as you continued signing. You started to feel better while you stood catching your breath a little, the dizziness faded though you where still in pain, it was very clear you needed more rest but there was no time for it.

He hadn't realised Arn had gotten hit but was glad he seemed to be recovering.

Arn glanced up at you with a small smile, he was beginning to get up on his feet.

Determined to be helpful, he stood back up testing to see if he could go over and help frisk the woman and get her ready to be taken.

You where feeling better and could help search the Nephanda, you found a phone, a mini tablet, a bag full of little odd devices that looked like they had been put together from old circuit boards at a kitchen table, a set of keys, a half pack of gum, a wallet with around 50 bucks in, a insulin kit, and a small roll of doggie dropping bags, as well as a clip for her gun in various pockets.

"What about the two by the dumpster? They looked familiar, didn't they?" he asked his pater, not wanting to say from where or when, but that perhaps they might have something on them. Then he glanced down the street, trying to spot Narim's car. Or for anything else, for that matter that might cause them trouble.

"Yes it was them."
Jeffry said simply.
"I think I incinerated one of the men but the other one should be searched then I will make sure there are no bodies to be found."
He commented. You see Narim in a nearby car he sat looking rather concerned and like he had wanted to join into the fight to protect his friends, he had his phone at the ready.

He nodded to Adjan. "He might provide a spell that makes the car less likely to be tracked, if he's able and willing, of course," he added. He frowned. "Should I go with the car, sir?" he asked. It was true, he would slow the rest of the group down but once in the umbra the path was not overly long. They'd have to tote the woman through the umbra, it seemed and so they would need someone to cover them. Either way was potentially dangerous.

"I will take care of it."
Adjan said and headed over to the car. Jeffry nodded.
"It depends if you have recovered, I could need another lookout in the Umbra, if you are up to it mea filius if not you go with the car and help keep our teleporter safe."
He said simply, though he looked very concerned about your well being as he helped Arn to his feet.
"Are you up to seeing what our friend by the dumpster have on him before I take care of his body?"
The old Hermetic asked.

Tested out her leg, ran a finger over the rip and hole in the cargo trousers - though the latter wasn't in pristine condition beforehand. Took the syringe silently, pulled off the cap, checked for air-bubbles and then injected it into the Fallen's bare shoulder.

You had to use some force to get the rather thick needle through the Nephanda's skin, an the fluid itself was viscus and there was a pretty big dose so the sounds the woman made into her gag was pretty understandable, one it was done she looked rather scared as her magick was bound down by whatever was in the foul liquid.

'Search and then dump in the dumpster them two I would.' she replied, looking from Adley to the bodies, then back to Jeffrey.

Well there was only one body, the other was just a pile of white ash, ol Flambeau could do some damage when they wanted to.
"Searching the body yes afterwards I will burn it Miss."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Is the prisoner secure?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 pm

"Many have forgotten how to dream young artist, their world have turned harsh and cold, there is little light or wonder in the world anymore, everything is hardening, keep your naivete young artist it means you are not yet as static as so many others."
Mara said and smiled.

Serge smiled and nodded, glad that someone thought a little differently.

"So why have you changed? The possibilities have not lessened only how you view them have."
The Deaconess asked.

"I haven't changed...at least not on the inside. I still feel as young and free as I've always been." Serge answered.

"They are thinking they want that string of pearls."
Mara said simply.

"That seems a bit too simple. The mind is always full of thoughts and emotions regardless of what you are doing and we are only aware of a few of those thoughts. The kittens are probably entranced by the pearls, it makes them feel excited. They watch how I move the pearls and they use that knowledge to form a plan to try and get the pearls all the while forming an opinion about the strange man keeping the pearl away from their grasp. And who knows what other complex thoughts the kittens could be thinking." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Arn glanced up at you with a small smile, he was beginning to get up on his feet.

He gave him a nod, then returned to lookout.

You where feeling better and could help search the Nephanda, you found a phone, a mini tablet, a bag full of little odd devices that looked like they had been put together from old circuit boards at a kitchen table, a set of keys, a half pack of gum, a wallet with around 50 bucks in, a insulin kit, and a small roll of doggie dropping bags, as well as a clip for her gun in various pockets.

Having heard her diatribe, he checked as best he could for signs of investments, though she was being taped up. The cobbled together electronics he figured had to do with her bombs, those, her phone and the tablet likely her tools He then searched for the gun that went with the clip. "Here, she's going to need to have an eye on her, she's diabetic possibly unless there's something else in those syringes. What should I do with her tools? Maybe we should get them checked out by our expert...see if there's anything useful..."

Search and then dump in the dumpster them two I would.' she replied, looking from Adley to the bodies, then back to Jeffrey
"Yes it was them." Jeffry said simply. "I think I incinerated one of the men but the other one should be searched then I will make sure there are no bodies to be found."

He gave a nod to them.

You see Narim in a nearby car he sat looking rather concerned and like he had wanted to join into the fight to protect his friends, he had his phone at the ready.

He gave a huff of relief, then went back to work so they could get out of there.

"I will take care of it." Adjan said and headed over to the car.

"Thank you."

"It depends if you have recovered, I could need another lookout in the Umbra, if you are up to it mea filius if not you go with the car and help keep our teleporter safe." He said simply, though he looked very concerned about your well being as he helped Arn to his feet. "Are you up to seeing what our friend by the dumpster have on him before I take care of his body?"

"I'll check him out," he agreed. Then, "I'm mobile but in pain. It seems too much...can tire me easier than it should," he admitted, allowing him to decide how much use he would be, though he was trying to keep himself up and as useful as possible. He then cautiously but quickly went to pick over the man by the dumpster. Incineration was rather too good for them, even if it covered their tracks...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:04 pm

Anja's Post:

A curious look at the circuit boards, but didn't say anything about them. 'And they say fire isn't a solution, eh?' Nicole quipped with a little smile, then moved over to the final body to search. If Adley follows / catches up, he'll find the large woman humming a little tune and without a trace of squeamishness as she searched the body. She'll also help herself to the weapons.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Serge:

"I haven't changed...at least not on the inside. I still feel as young and free as I've always been." Serge answered.

"If this is true young artist why do you wish yourself back to when you where smaller if you have not changed what have?"
Mara asked and smiled.

"That seems a bit too simple. The mind is always full of thoughts and emotions regardless of what you are doing and we are only aware of a few of those thoughts. The kittens are probably entranced by the pearls, it makes them feel excited. They watch how I move the pearls and they use that knowledge to form a plan to try and get the pearls all the while forming an opinion about the strange man keeping the pearl away from their grasp. And who knows what other complex thoughts the kittens could be thinking." Serge said with a smile.

"You may be right young artist that might indeed be what the little ones are thinking, or perhaps they dream of great hunts and tasty prey, some can read mind but reading dreams are harder."
The Deaconess said and leaned back.
"What is important is that they have fun, right now they are happy...and what about you young artist are you happy?"
The old Hermetic asked.

Adley:

He gave him a nod, then returned to lookout.

Arn looked like Hildegard's spell was just about done healing him, the young Solificato would be fine.

Having heard her diatribe, he checked as best he could for signs of investments, though she was being taped up.

You did not see any suspicious marks on the woman, then again it was hard getting her clothes of tied up as she was so there was allot of places she could have marks that you have not seen.

The cobbled together electronics he figured had to do with her bombs, those, her phone and the tablet likely her tools He then searched for the gun that went with the clip. "Here, she's going to need to have an eye on her, she's diabetic possibly unless there's something else in those syringes.

Your Mentor looked over the selection of items and nodded.
"We are going to have to ask your doctor Cabalmate to have a look at her mea filius we do not want her to die in our care before we can have her delivered to Horizon."
He said and the captured Nephanda looked away fearfully.

What should I do with her tools? Maybe we should get them checked out by our expert...see if there's anything useful..."

The old Hermetic nodded at that.
"Hum...bringing them along is some risk but having them checked out is a good idea there might be something useful on those, dreadful little devices."

"Thank you."

Adjan gave you a nod as he headed to the car.

"I'll check him out," he agreed.

"Good thank you mea filius."
Jeffry said.

Then, "I'm mobile but in pain. It seems too much...can tire me easier than it should," he admitted, allowing him to decide how much use he would be, though he was trying to keep himself up and as useful as possible. He then cautiously but quickly went to pick over the man by the dumpster. Incineration was rather too good for them, even if it covered their tracks...

A curious look at the circuit boards, but didn't say anything about them. 'And they say fire isn't a solution, eh?' Nicole quipped with a little smile, then moved over to the final body to search. If Adley follows / catches up, he'll find the large woman humming a little tune and without a trace of squeamishness as she searched the body. She'll also help herself to the weapons.

"Very well, you should come with the group that go to the Umbra then mea filius, but once we are back you should go and see our Verbena Master see if there is anything he can do for you."
The old Flambeau said he looked quite worried about you, he then turned to Nicole and said.
"Fire have many uses young lady."

The dead man by the dumpster had a bullet in his brain, other than that he had a gun, a clip for it, a knife, a old phone, a wallet with around 20 dollars in it, a set of keys, a pack of cigarettes and a box of breath mints on his person. On the way to him you saw the Nephanda's gun on the ground, she had dropped it when Jeffry's magick had knocked it out of her grip during the fight.

The man's gun where a simple Glock 22. The Nephanda's weapon where a Dan Wesson 1911.
"You are welcome to salvage Miss, but have those cleansed of potential attachments please such things can be dangerous."
Jeffry warned when he saw you helping yourself to the weapons.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Nicole picked the wallet, keys and phone; between them, all may prove useful in various ways. 'Was more worried about having these left around for some kids to find.' she said to Jeffrey's question as she returned to the group.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:13 pm

"Having sleeper children find the items would be inconvenient, however there can be energies and lingering magick on them that have to be cleansed before they are safe to bring into the Chantry and keep."
Jeffry said firmly.
"And have one of the Adepts look over that phone as well in case there is something useful there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:20 pm

You did not see any suspicious marks on the woman, then again it was hard getting her clothes of tied up as she was so there was allot of places she could have marks that you have not seen.

"Don't see any investments, but she might have some in other places," he noted. "Any active spells on her, anything else we should check..." After the little stunt with the Trojan nephandus, he considered any other avenues where they'd try to infiltrate.

"We are going to have to ask your doctor Cabalmate to have a look at her mea filius we do not want her to die in our care before we can have her delivered to Horizon."

He nodded. "What about these...things? I assume her bombs," he asked, of the bag of circuit boards and electronics.

Hum...bringing them along is some risk but having them checked out is a good idea there might be something useful on those, dreadful little devices."

"Should I send them over to the car, then? They should be checked for tracers too...her too," he added. "We need to get out of here soon though..."

"Very well, you should come with the group that go to the Umbra then mea filius, but once we are back you should go and see our Verbena Master see if there is anything he can do for you."

"Yes, sir."

If Adley follows / catches up, he'll find the large woman humming a little tune and without a trace of squeamishness as she searched the body. She'll also help herself to the weapons....
The dead man by the dumpster had a bullet in his brain, other than that he had a gun, a clip for it, a knife, a old phone, a wallet with around 20 dollars in it, a set of keys, a pack of cigarettes and a box of breath mints on his person. On the way to him you saw the Nephanda's gun on the ground, she had dropped it when Jeffry's magick had knocked it out of her grip during the fight.
Nicole picked the wallet, keys and phone; between them, all may prove useful in various ways. 'Was more worried about having these left around for some kids to find.' she said to Jeffrey's question as she returned to the group.

He raised an eyebrow as he heard her humming and as she pocketed some of the stuff, pointed out the gun off to the side if she didn't see it. He recovered the knife to add to the pile of items. Anything that should be left for incineration he left with the body. The stuff going with them was in pile to have the arcane connections sorted.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:27 pm

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, putting the recovered items on the "to be cleansed" pile. 'Time to clear out, I think. Who's wanting a ride?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:30 pm

The nurse smiled.
"I am glad, please tell him I have been thinking about him."
She said and Tommy giggled.
Colin grinned, "He can hear you just fine. Perhaps he'll learn to manifest fully someday soon..."

"Yeah...those are dolls as well Sir...I like to change the clothes of mine though, my mon sew me a new piece of clothing for my dolls every time I allow the doctors to do something that hurts."
The boy said and smiled.
"Lizzy have a sun dress and a rain coat and an apron and socks with frills and a nightgown, and jeans, and Elisabeth have a evening gown and two summer dresses and an umbrella and a knitted coat..."
The boy went on for some time listing up all the clothing the two doll he had brought with him to the hospital had.
He nodded attentively, "That's quite the wardrobe."

"He is a brave kid...hum memories of the Caul no that would not be plesant for a Fallen mage I assume."
Richard said and frowned.
"That would slow them down a bit."
He nodded, "He's always been a brave kid, I suppose... in this life and previous ones. And he's got good chances to be so again. And I've had... glimpses of what that dimension, for lack of a better word, is like, and it's terrifying... and deadly."

"Oh damn you mean you have a piece of her...Avatar? But how? No these are not matter to be discussed here but damn!"
Richard said and his eyes went wide.
He nodded, "Two, actually... My Avatar is special, and can hold them safely rather than get them painfully stuck. I might elaborate later..."

"Ty studies my own Tradition's favorite aspect of reality, so it is more the first suggestion that might work for him, hum...making others not notice you that should work and not be invasive in any way."
The Akashic agreed.
"I will mention it to him perhaps such a rote can be created or learned."
He nodded, "I'm sure he can figure something out."

"I do assume I will survive the day yes and well I guess you ae right, but there are other hospitals my supplies need not come from this one."
He nodded, "Well, we shall see, I suppose."

"I see, I do wonder how you managed to survive it, well yes I do hear such a ritual is most unpleasant and I am sure if I where in your cells I would be most nervous however unlike you mystics I do not believe in a soul and while the destruction of my brain or parts of it are terrifying, it is not so to the extent that I can not do my job."
He nodded, "So Union training, then. I expect you mean to use the tapped spinal fluid as a base for some practical supplies, like the regenerative serum made from... bone marrow, is it not? I can't deny its effectiveness, though the ethics in its manufacture do give me something of a bad aftertaste... As for how I survived it... who says I did?"

Freddy picked up, listened to what you had to say and said.
"Very well love I will stay alert, and not approach this man it is not to much I can do when I see to poorly to use a weapon...then again I might be able to use my prepared apps, I will stay herein the cafeteria, is all ok up there?"
She asked. You came back to the examination room, Kyle was starting to wake up you saw and Mona was giving him a glass of water.
"Is everything ok Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.
He smiled at the phone, "I expect the fellow - a former Union man - is headed straight for the exit with some supplies; he knows we're aware of him, and he probably won't risk losing necessary supplies before getting home, so you should be safe, just keep your head down...and everything's alright up here, though something unnerving turned up with the serum-catalyst interaction. I'll explain later."
He stepped inside the examination room again and nodded to Mona, "The... fellow left quite peacefully. He swiped some lumbar puncture needles and other hard-to-get supplies; seems he's done it quite a lot over the years - we'll have to look into some wards against him for the future, though, if he escapes alive today. Dr. Lee is retrieving the supplies we need, though."
He arched an eyebrow at Kyle, "How are you feeling, then? Groggy and a little cottonmouth?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:54 pm

Adley and Nicole:

"Don't see any investments, but she might have some in other places," he noted. "Any active spells on her, anything else we should check..." After the little stunt with the Trojan nephandus, he considered any other avenues where they'd try to infiltrate.

Jeffry's hands moved quickly as he cast a quick spell then he shook his head.
"No there is no active magick on the prisoner, we are going to have to check her out more once we have gotten away from here though time is limited before sleeper law enforcement will arrive, and we are going to have to get one of the women to check her for Investment marks."

He nodded. "What about these...things? I assume her bombs," he asked, of the bag of circuit boards and electronics.

Jeffry looked at the bag of little devices and nodded.
"They are Ignem spells indeed, more than that I really can't say technoagick is not my forte."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.
"We should leave them with what needs to be burned, I will make sure they are destroyed."

"Should I send them over to the car, then? They should be checked for tracers too...her too," he added. "We need to get out of here soon though..."

"Yes place what we take with us in the car, we will go over them once we get out of here, unfortunately that means when we meet back up at the Chantry but it will just have to be that way we have to get out of here."
Your Mentor said and nodded towards the car.

A nod to this, putting the recovered items on the "to be cleansed" pile. 'Time to clear out, I think. Who's wanting a ride?'

"If you would bring the young Solificato with you I will take the rest."
Jeffry said still careful with names.
"Leave the to be cleansed pile in the garage and I will come down and take care of it once we are back."
The old Hermetic instructed.
"I will take care of these things here for now and the dead man's body."
He said and he waited until you and Adley where out of the ally way then he begun to chant in Greek and his hands moved quickly in complex symbols and before your eyes white hot flame consumed the body and everything placed along side it, heat flooding out of the ally.
"That should take care of things."
Jeffry said and of the body where just left a bit of ash.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "He can hear you just fine. Perhaps he'll learn to manifest fully someday soon..."

"That would be nice Mr Wainwright, but I would prefer that he found peace."
Mona said. Tommy giggled.
"I am just fine."
He commented.

He nodded attentively, "That's quite the wardrobe."

The little ghost boy nodded proudly at that.

He nodded, "He's always been a brave kid, I suppose... in this life and previous ones. And he's got good chances to be so again. And I've had... glimpses of what that dimension, for lack of a better word, is like, and it's terrifying... and deadly."

"You know something of the kid's past lives then Colin? Hum the dimension the Caul send new Nephandi to? But if it is so horrible why would anyone do that to themselves?"
Richard asked and he looked puzzled.

He nodded, "Two, actually... My Avatar is special, and can hold them safely rather than get them painfully stuck. I might elaborate later..."

"I am not even going to pretend that I understand but if these pieces you talk about can help Bee then yes we should return them to her as soon as possible."
The Akashic said and he looked quite concerned for the young Verbena.

He nodded, "I'm sure he can figure something out."

"I am sure he can."
Richard agreed.

He nodded, "Well, we shall see, I suppose."

The Nephandus just smiled at that.

He nodded, "So Union training, then. I expect you mean to use the tapped spinal fluid as a base for some practical supplies, like the regenerative serum made from... bone marrow, is it not? I can't deny its effectiveness, though the ethics in its manufacture do give me something of a bad aftertaste... As for how I survived it... who says I did?"

"There is a quite effective regenerative serum made from bone marrow yes I know how to manufacture it, for now though I will be using my own spinal fluids but...yes you are correct it will be applied to a useful purpose and I do indeed have Union training. And what says you survived is that you are here my good man."

He smiled at the phone, "I expect the fellow - a former Union man - is headed straight for the exit with some supplies; he knows we're aware of him, and he probably won't risk losing necessary supplies before getting home, so you should be safe, just keep your head down...and everything's alright up here, though something unnerving turned up with the serum-catalyst interaction. I'll explain later."

"Very well I will keep my head down then love...ah the two things I love the most in the world in one, Nephandi and the Union...unnerving with the serum and the catalyst...ah yes very well do explain later by don't hurt Kyle."
Freddy said.

He stepped inside the examination room again and nodded to Mona, "The... fellow left quite peacefully. He swiped some lumbar puncture needles and other hard-to-get supplies; seems he's done it quite a lot over the years - we'll have to look into some wards against him for the future, though, if he escapes alive today.

Mona drew a sigh of relief.
"That is good to know that no one was hurt Sir, but what would that man want with lumbar needles? What possible use could he have of them? And why would he not escape alive you said you chased him off? In either case as long as everyone is safe that is what matters."

Dr. Lee is retrieving the supplies we need, though."

Kyle winced at that and Mona patted him on the shoulder.
"Well then we should get Kyle ready and clean the site so we are ready for when Dr Lee returns."
She said.

He arched an eyebrow at Kyle, "How are you feeling, then? Groggy and a little cottonmouth?"

The young widderslainte cough a few times and took another sip of water and nodded.
"Yeah everything is a bit foggy and I am thirsty but I am fine Sir."
Kyle muttered.

You saw Tommy sitting under the examination bench the little ghost boy waved at you.
"Is the mean man gone?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:17 pm

"No there is no active magick on the prisoner, we are going to have to check her out more once we have gotten away from here though time is limited before sleeper law enforcement will arrive, and we are going to have to get one of the women to check her for Investment marks."

"Agreed."

"They are Ignem spells indeed, more than that I really can't say technoagick is not my forte." The old Hermetic said and frowned. "We should leave them with what needs to be burned, I will make sure they are destroyed."

"Good, thank you."

"Yes place what we take with us in the car, we will go over them once we get out of here, unfortunately that means when we meet back up at the Chantry but it will just have to be that way we have to get out of here."

"Well, maybe they can get checked en route, depends..." He looked up at Nicole. "Would you mind taking these to our friend, he might be able to check them out, or keep them safe until we can deal with them. Any messages?"

"I will take care of these things here for now and the dead man's body."
He said and he waited until you and Adley where out of the ally way then he begun to chant in Greek and his hands moved quickly in complex symbols and before your eyes white hot flame consumed the body and everything placed along side it, heat flooding out of the ally.
"That should take care of things.

Once the fire had destroyed anything else, he gave another look around to see if there was anything missed or if there was help needed before they were ready to go. They were down Arn now and that meant that it would be AJ, himself, Hildegaard and his pater dealing with the Nephanda and navigating through the umbra. "Good luck, stay safe," he said to Nicole with a nod.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:12 am

"That would be nice Mr Wainwright, but I would prefer that he found peace."
Mona said. Tommy giggled.
"I am just fine."
He commented.
Colin smiled, "He says he's fine. I suppose he'll be able to decide whether to pass on or stick around after Bon Bon gets her birthday present."

"You know something of the kid's past lives then Colin? Hum the dimension the Caul send new Nephandi to? But if it is so horrible why would anyone do that to themselves?"
Richard asked and he looked puzzled.
He sighed, "For a lot of them, they don't know how horrible it is before they go in, but they know what we'll do to them for for who they've been playing with... knowingly or not."

"I am not even going to pretend that I understand but if these pieces you talk about can help Bee then yes we should return them to her as soon as possible."
The Akashic said and he looked quite concerned for the young Verbena.
He nodded, "We just need a few items in place - a suitable anaesthetic, that sort of thing."

"There is a quite effective regenerative serum made from bone marrow yes I know how to manufacture it, for now though I will be using my own spinal fluids but...yes you are correct it will be applied to a useful purpose and I do indeed have Union training. And what says you survived is that you are here my good man."
He nodded, "True enough... I suppose I should specify that the successful soulflaying was in a previous life. I died that time. An unsuccessful one was... hum, yesterday. That one stung quite a bit, mind you, but that was the extent of it... I survived that one, obviously. The one who tried to flay my soul... did not."

"Very well I will keep my head down then love...ah the two things I love the most in the world in one, Nephandi and the Union...unnerving with the serum and the catalyst...ah yes very well do explain later by don't hurt Kyle."
Freddy said.
He smiled thinly, "Not to worry, the catalyst was just a little stronger than anticipated, calling for a slightly lower concentration."

Mona drew a sigh of relief.
"That is good to know that no one was hurt Sir, but what would that man want with lumbar needles? What possible use could he have of them? And why would he not escape alive you said you chased him off? In either case as long as everyone is safe that is what matters."
He frowned, "He uses spinal fluid for... something; I'm not sure what, but he's ex-Technocrat. They use... well, while their ethics and morals are nothing to write home about, I can't deny their products effectiveness. And he escaped just fine now... but he'll run home now, so he'll probably be there to fight when we strike in a little while..."

Kyle winced at that and Mona patted him on the shoulder.
"Well then we should get Kyle ready and clean the site so we are ready for when Dr Lee returns."
She said.
He smiled thinly to Kyle, "This should be interesting... unless I am sorely mistaken, this might actually shorten the serum's duration a little, in addition to flushing out the stray particles that yet linger. Are you up for it?"

The young widderslainte cough a few times and took another sip of water and nodded.
"Yeah everything is a bit foggy and I am thirsty but I am fine Sir."
Kyle muttered.
He nodded, "Good - the pictures were remarkably good, according to Dr. Lee. You've got a good head on your shoulders."

You saw Tommy sitting under the examination bench the little ghost boy waved at you.
"Is the mean man gone?"
He asked.
He nodded and smiled, "He walked out; he decided he didn't need the trouble of fighting in a hospital. Hum, by the way, if I were to give you a little of my magic, do you think you could make yourself visible to the others? They can't see or hear you, even if they believe in magic..."
He glanced up at Kyle, "Ah, there's a ghost boy named Tommy here... he warned us about a Nephandus in the stockroom. A former Technocrat, uses spinal fluid for some of his work, skilled with spirits - does that ring any bells?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:19 am

"If this is true young artist why do you wish yourself back to when you where smaller if you have not changed what have?"
Mara asked and smiled.

Serge thought about the question for a second. It was true...why did he want to go back? In truth his childhood was nothing to envy. He was mocked, scorned, ignored by his peers and was constantly alone. Even at home due to his parents busy work. And back then he didn't have his magick....

"Ummm...I guess it's because....well....maybe....uhhh." Serge stammered stumbling over his words.

"I guess when I was younger, I didn't have much to worry about. Life was more carefree. It was harder for me to make mistakes." Serge finally said.

"Nowadays it feels like the whole world is out to get me and a single mistake could end my life. But on further thought your right. Their is no way I would go back. Still....it's fun to reminisce about simpler times." Serge said with a smile.

"You may be right young artist that might indeed be what the little ones are thinking, or perhaps they dream of great hunts and tasty prey, some can read mind but reading dreams are harder."
The Deaconess said and leaned back.

"I've learned a bit about reading dreams. Never tried it though..." Serge said remembering his conversation with Kyle.

"What is important is that they have fun, right now they are happy...and what about you young artist are you happy?"
The old Hermetic asked.

"Well...I dunno." Serge said beginning to wonder about the answer to that question himself.

"When you can see and sense the emotions of the people around you, it get harder and harder to stay happy. Hearing about death and war and world-ending shenanigans everytime I talk to someone. But I still try and stay happy. For a number of reasons. I still have my magick, my imagination, and the friends I've made since coming here." Serge said with a nod.

"And I've helped a couple of people be a little bit happier as well, just like my mentor did to me." Serge said remembering Kyle and even Martha.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:48 am

Adley:

"Good, thank you."

Jeffry muttered something over the bag of strange little devices, after some time he handed it back to you and said.
"Now you can put this with the rest of what needs to be burned mea filius."

"Well, maybe they can get checked en route, depends..." He looked up at Nicole. "Would you mind taking these to our friend, he might be able to check them out, or keep them safe until we can deal with them. Any messages?"

"Hum...yes our Virtual Adept Master can take care of examining these things, good idea mea filius I will leave it to him then."
Jeffry said and nodded.

Once the fire had destroyed anything else, he gave another look around to see if there was anything missed or if there was help needed before they were ready to go. They were down Arn now and that meant that it would be AJ, himself, Hildegaard and his pater dealing with the Nephanda and navigating through the umbra. "Good luck, stay safe," he said to Nicole with a nod.

"We should be ready to go once I do what I can to banish the sigils of our magick lingering in this place, Madam if you would take the front with me."
Jeffry said not wanting to use names out here where you never new which ears where listening. Hildegard nodded to that.
"You will take the back good Sir."
He told Adjan then he said to you.
"Mea filius please watch over the prisoner, get her to her feet and lead her along the path and stay in the middle."
Your Mentor instructed.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "He says he's fine. I suppose he'll be able to decide whether to pass on or stick around after Bon Bon gets her birthday present."

Mona nodded at that but she did look concerned.
"I will see if Tommy's things are still in storage then."
She commented.

He sighed, "For a lot of them, they don't know how horrible it is before they go in, but they know what we'll do to them for for who they've been playing with... knowingly or not."

"Agreed our laws can be to harsh in that area."
Richard agreed.
"It seams they play right into the arms of the Nephandi."

He nodded, "We just need a few items in place - a suitable anaesthetic, that sort of thing."

"Anesthetic for her Avatar is such a thing even possible?"
The Akashic asked his eyes wide.
"I thought that was the problem the pain she is feeling is in her soul and not in her body so we can't treat it."

He nodded, "True enough... I suppose I should specify that the successful soulflaying was in a previous life. I died that time. An unsuccessful one was... hum, yesterday. That one stung quite a bit, mind you, but that was the extent of it... I survived that one, obviously. The one who tried to flay my soul... did not."

"I do not much buy the notion of previous lives my good man though I guess some genetic memory may linger as for your misfortune yesterday you do seam to have recovered remarkably well."
The Nephandus said and raised an eyebrow.
"Why are you telling me these things though I wonder?"
He asked sounding rather unimpressed.

He smiled thinly, "Not to worry, the catalyst was just a little stronger than anticipated, calling for a slightly lower concentration."

"I see I assume it would have been bad if I had just taken it then love."
Freddy said.
"It is a good thing Dr Lee found out."

He frowned, "He uses spinal fluid for... something; I'm not sure what, but he's ex-Technocrat. They use... well, while their ethics and morals are nothing to write home about, I can't deny their products effectiveness. And he escaped just fine now... but he'll run home now, so he'll probably be there to fight when we strike in a little while..."

Mona nodded at that.
"Dr Wong, the mage I am Custos to have told me about the Technocracy Sir, they sound to be quite terrifying actually."
The young nurse muttered.
"So he will be extracting people's fluids to...use for his magick that is just cruel, is ther enothing that can be done to stop him?"
She asked.

He smiled thinly to Kyle, "This should be interesting... unless I am sorely mistaken, this might actually shorten the serum's duration a little, in addition to flushing out the stray particles that yet linger. Are you up for it?"

Kyle frowned but he laid down on his side and curled up a little letting Mona have access to his spine, she gently pushed his shirt out of the way and begun cleaning a suitable spot, Kyle jumped a little when she first touched him though.
"As long as my new Mentor do not give me another doze of that serum if it stops working."
The young widderslainte muttered and glanced at his bruised arm.
"I...don't know how up for it I am but I will...do it...I have had it done to me before though then five nurses where holding me down."
He muttered darkly. Mona sigh.
"That should not have happened on children with this procedure we always put them under so they are asleep and feel nothing you should not have been treated in such a way."
She commented as she worked.

He nodded, "Good - the pictures were remarkably good, according to Dr. Lee. You've got a good head on your shoulders."

"At least I can prove I have a brain Sir."
Kyle muttered and he gave a slight grin.

He nodded and smiled, "He walked out; he decided he didn't need the trouble of fighting in a hospital. Hum, by the way, if I were to give you a little of my magic, do you think you could make yourself visible to the others? They can't see or hear you, even if they believe in magic..."

"That is good the mean man is gone jay!"
Tommy said and clapped his hands together happily. Then he shook his head.
"I do not know how to do that Sir, some who are like me can make others see them, I cannot, I can share my emotions with those who are flesh and I can make them happier but I do not know how to be seen."

He glanced up at Kyle, "Ah, there's a ghost boy named Tommy here... he warned us about a Nephandus in the stockroom. A former Technocrat, uses spinal fluid for some of his work, skilled with spirits - does that ring any bells?"

"Ah hello Tommy."
Kyle said and smiled a little. Tommy waved at him in return not that Kyle saw that. The young widderslainte frowned.
"Yeah that would be Mr Jace, he is Larson's second in command, he is not the worst person to talk with and he can be kind but he is very dedicated and loyal to Larson and he is quite dangerous."

There was a short knock on the door and then Richard came back in.
"How are things here?"
He asked.
"We are ready to proceed Dr Lee."
Mona said and Richard nodded.
"If you would let me see the Catalyst then Colin I will take out a small dose, mix it with some saline and we should be ready to go...hum...do you think the boy will be able to keep still though? He have to keep absolutely still.."

Serge:

Serge thought about the question for a second. It was true...why did he want to go back? In truth his childhood was nothing to envy. He was mocked, scorned, ignored by his peers and was constantly alone. Even at home due to his parents busy work. And back then he didn't have his magick....

"Ummm...I guess it's because....well....maybe....uhhh." Serge stammered stumbling over his words.

"I guess when I was younger, I didn't have much to worry about. Life was more carefree. It was harder for me to make mistakes." Serge finally said.

"Nowadays it feels like the whole world is out to get me and a single mistake could end my life. But on further thought your right. Their is no way I would go back. Still....it's fun to reminisce about simpler times." Serge said with a smile.

"Death and life are one, I prefer life but we are all but one step away from death and always where, now at least you are bigger and stronger and have magick to protect yourself young artist. Then again if you thought your life was safer when you where a child, then become that child again in your mind."
Mara said then she smiled.
"And who is it that are out to get you? Some might be harsh but very few want you ill, if you are less carefree now it is because you have chosen to be so, you can still do what needs to be done and be carefree."

"I've learned a bit about reading dreams. Never tried it though..." Serge said remembering his conversation with Kyle.

"Again you analyze young artist, your dreams is your imagination, your creativity and your desire, even changing, a light of hope, the true home for your inner being...and you know what they want but this whole would, all the analyzing and glass and stone keep you from fully seeing it, though you child are closer to them than most."

"Well...I dunno." Serge said beginning to wonder about the answer to that question himself.

"When you can see and sense the emotions of the people around you, it get harder and harder to stay happy. Hearing about death and war and world-ending shenanigans everytime I talk to someone.

"What do these things matter? We manage to stop them, or we do not, our worry and sadness will not better our chances."
The large woman said.
"All must one day pass from my realm of Summer into the harshness of Winter, but they always return, such is life, but while we live worrying about death is meaningless."

But I still try and stay happy. For a number of reasons. I still have my magick, my imagination, and the friends I've made since coming here." Serge said with a nod.

"Good, imagine your happiness and it should be so. When you feel down young artist create."
The Deaconess advices.

"And I've helped a couple of people be a little bit happier as well, just like my mentor did to me." Serge said remembering Kyle and even Martha.

"These are good and noble things young artist, but remember that your own happiness should be yours and yours alone and not come from other people, you should create, love and be happy in your own kingdom for yourself, and then help others."
She said then she rummaged though the belt purse of her dress and brought out two extremely vibrant, multi colored crayons, the colors looking more like they did in a movie with enhanced picture quality than real life.
"Here young artist a gift for keeping an old woman company."
She said and handed the rainbow crayons to you.
"Perhaps you can draw something that makes you happy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:12 am

Jeffry muttered something over the bag of strange little devices, after some time he handed it back to you and said. "Now you can put this with the rest of what needs to be burned mea filius."

He nodded and took them back so and put with the rest of the items to be burnt up with the body.

"Hum...yes our Virtual Adept Master can take care of examining these things, good idea mea filius I will leave it to him then."
Jeffry said and nodd

He tipped his head. "It's that or they get turned off and stuffed in a pocket dimenstion or destroyed. I figured he'd know how best to handle them, though so we don't get ourselves more trouble than we already have, especially considering what we heard before we got here. Should we lift the arcane connections on them?"

"Mea filius please watch over the prisoner, get her to her feet and lead her along the path and stay in the middle." Your Mentor instructed.

He nodded and mustered up as much of his stubborn tenacity as needed, kneeling down towards the woman. "We're going to get up, and then we're going to walk," he instructed to her, as he reached out to help her up to her feet so they could form the mid of the group. He didn't expect her to go easily, bound up or not.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:48 am

"Agreed our laws can be to harsh in that area."
Richard agreed.
"It seams they play right into the arms of the Nephandi."
Colin nodded, "In for a penny, in for a pound... That practice simply has to be changed."

"Anesthetic for her Avatar is such a thing even possible?"
The Akashic asked his eyes wide.
"I thought that was the problem the pain she is feeling is in her soul and not in her body so we can't treat it."
He nodded, "We need the spirit of the drug, essentially. Not an easy thing to come by, but not impossible either, provided we have the right help..."

"I do not much buy the notion of previous lives my good man though I guess some genetic memory may linger as for your misfortune yesterday you do seam to have recovered remarkably well."
The Nephandus said and raised an eyebrow.
"Why are you telling me these things though I wonder?"
He asked sounding rather unimpressed.
He cocked his head slightly to the side, "You are a man of science; you might understand the sociological implications of a messianic figure better than the theological ones... I am here, in part at least, to help Fallen Avatars and Corrupted Geniuses find their way back, to undo the work of the Caul. When this information spreads among the Fallen, the upheaval should be... interesting."

"I see I assume it would have been bad if I had just taken it then love."
Freddy said.
"It is a good thing Dr Lee found out."
He smiled, "Quite; if he hadn't checked in the microscope first, someone could have died... and either I or Chief Morgan would have to get vindictive."

Mona nodded at that.
"Dr Wong, the mage I am Custos to have told me about the Technocracy Sir, they sound to be quite terrifying actually."
The young nurse muttered.
"So he will be extracting people's fluids to...use for his magick that is just cruel, is ther enothing that can be done to stop him?"
She asked.
He shrugged, "There's plenty that can be done to stop him, but we didn't want a magical battle inside a hospital."

Kyle frowned but he laid down on his side and curled up a little letting Mona have access to his spine, she gently pushed his shirt out of the way and begun cleaning a suitable spot, Kyle jumped a little when she first touched him though.
"As long as my new Mentor do not give me another doze of that serum if it stops working."
The young widderslainte muttered and glanced at his bruised arm.
"I...don't know how up for it I am but I will...do it...I have had it done to me before though then five nurses where holding me down."
He muttered darkly. Mona sigh.
"That should not have happened on children with this procedure we always put them under so they are asleep and feel nothing you should not have been treated in such a way."
She commented as she worked.
He shook his head, "I think it might trim off a few hours at the end at most... you'll not get another shot, though."

"That is good the mean man is gone jay!"
Tommy said and clapped his hands together happily. Then he shook his head.
"I do not know how to do that Sir, some who are like me can make others see them, I cannot, I can share my emotions with those who are flesh and I can make them happier but I do not know how to be seen."
He nodded, "That's alright, then... and that's useful in a hospital."

"Ah hello Tommy."
Kyle said and smiled a little. Tommy waved at him in return not that Kyle saw that. The young widderslainte frowned.
"Yeah that would be Mr Jace, he is Larson's second in command, he is not the worst person to talk with and he can be kind but he is very dedicated and loyal to Larson and he is quite dangerous."
He didn't even flinch, "Ah, so that was him. He's got something of a misnomer, doesn't he? Hum, well, at least i know what he looks like now... and he believes the Labyrinth is ready for receiving guests..."

There was a short knock on the door and then Richard came back in.
"How are things here?"
He asked.
"We are ready to proceed Dr Lee."
Mona said and Richard nodded.
"If you would let me see the Catalyst then Colin I will take out a small dose, mix it with some saline and we should be ready to go...hum...do you think the boy will be able to keep still though? He have to keep absolutely still.."
He nodded to Richard and handed over the potion vial, "Right, just a small dose, just make sure it won't be too high a fluid volume..."
He looked down at Tommy, "Hm, could you take my friend Kyle's hand, perhaps? He could do with a little more happiness..."
He looked up at Kyle again, "Ah, you won't mind a little spectral hand-holding, will you? Little Tommy is no Danielle, but he can share some emotions with people... he doesn't know how to manifest, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:41 am

Adley:

He tipped his head. "It's that or they get turned off and stuffed in a pocket dimenstion or destroyed. I figured he'd know how best to handle them, though so we don't get ourselves more trouble than we already have, especially considering what we heard before we got here. Should we lift the arcane connections on them?"

"Usually taking items of a dead or captured enemy is risky, but as the young Miss seam rather set on taking the weapons and I find it unlikely they are spelled so I will allow it, but they have to be checked., the phones and the ehm what is it called, tablet should be checked and then destroyed and the wallets checked and preferably destroyed as well. Our teleporter will know how to remove arcane connections though and can deal with it."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded and mustered up as much of his stubborn tenacity as needed, kneeling down towards the woman. "We're going to get up, and then we're going to walk," he instructed to her, as he reached out to help her up to her feet so they could form the mid of the group. He didn't expect her to go easily, bound up or not.

The Nephanda looked at your fearfully, she glanced around at Jeffry and the others and she seamed to consider her chances of escape to be rather slim so she nodded and let you help her to her feet, she cough into her gag and tried to get the fabric out of her mouth. Jeffry begun to work on the portal back into the Umbra, muttering in Latin and moving his hands then the air shimmered again and Hildegard stepped through.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "In for a penny, in for a pound... That practice simply has to be changed."

"You are right but doing so is not going to be easy the Traditions can be stubborn."
Richard commented.

He nodded, "We need the spirit of the drug, essentially. Not an easy thing to come by, but not impossible either, provided we have the right help..."

"Hum...taking the spirit of an anesthetic...yes that might work, it will not be an easy task to make but should be possible the Akashic agreed.
"Let me know if there is anything I can do to help."

He cocked his head slightly to the side, "You are a man of science; you might understand the sociological implications of a messianic figure better than the theological ones... I am here, in part at least, to help Fallen Avatars and Corrupted Geniuses find their way back, to undo the work of the Caul. When this information spreads among the Fallen, the upheaval should be... interesting."

"So you say, but from what I recon you have been trying to intimidate me this entire conversation my good man and I am neither scared or impressed."
The Nephandus said firmly as he left.
"Let us leave the taunts for the coming battle Traditionalist."

He smiled, "Quite; if he hadn't checked in the microscope first, someone could have died... and either I or Chief Morgan would have to get vindictive."

"I see, well we are going to have to make sure Kyle is safe then, I really do not like him going through with this test, what if something happens to him?"
Freddy said and she sounded quite concerned.

He shrugged, "There's plenty that can be done to stop him, but we didn't want a magical battle inside a hospital."

"That was probably wise."
Mona said.
"I have seen the power your kind have Sir we would not want a fight in here."

He nodded, "That's alright, then... and that's useful in a hospital."

Tommy nodded at that and smiled.
"I can help the other kids feel better. I am useful."
The little ghost boy said happily.

He didn't even flinch, "Ah, so that was him. He's got something of a misnomer, doesn't he? Hum, well, at least i know what he looks like now... and he believes the Labyrinth is ready for receiving guests..."

"Yeah I imagined something different when I first heard his name."
Kyle muttered.
"I know little about the Labyrinth's ability to be defended but I suspect they have something prepared yes."
The young widderslainte commented.

He nodded to Richard and handed over the potion vial, "Right, just a small dose, just make sure it won't be too high a fluid volume..."

"I will make sure, and I do know how to do my ob you know?"
The Akashic said and smiled a little before he went to prepare the injection and he handed Mona the lidocaine.
"Prepare him and warn him that the anesthetic burn a little."
The Akashic instructed and Mona nodded and walked over to Kyle, she measured out the proper amount and placed her hand gently on his back.
"Do not be afraid, this will burn and then you will go numb."
She said, Kyle nodded and squeezed his eyes shut. Mona set the anesthetic with practiced ease. Kyle hissed between cleansed teeth but quickly calmed down again. Monda carefully stroked his hair.
"There...try to relax Kyle."

He looked down at Tommy, "Hm, could you take my friend Kyle's hand, perhaps? He could do with a little more happiness..."

Tommy nodded, suddenly he was sitting on the examination bench and where holding Kyle's hand. The young widderslainte gasped.
"It is like a cobweb is touching my hand...it feels kind of nice make me remember the times I would bake cookies with my Mom..."
He muttered.

He looked up at Kyle again, "Ah, you won't mind a little spectral hand-holding, will you? Little Tommy is no Danielle, but he can share some emotions with people... he doesn't know how to manifest, though."

"I am a little nervous about having my hands touched but...it is ok...but Sir please be careful with Danielle's name around other ghosts remember she...is an outcast of her own society I do not want her to get hurt."
Kyle said looking a bit worried.

Richard came over to the examination bench and he put the equipment out on a towel.
"If he start to jerk or move you have to hold him down Colin."
He instructed, then he handed you a silicone pad in a sterile packaging.
"If he needs to bite down on something but I do not think it will be needed when anesthetics are used, it will hurt but it should be bearable."
Richard said then he touched Kyle's back and the young mage whimpered.
"Oh shit.."
He muttered sounding scared.
"Be calm Kyle, if you want me to stop, I will stop...now I need you to tell me if you feel this I need to know if you are numb enough yet."
Richard asked and Kyle shook his head.
"I feel pressure but nothing else..."
Richard nodded.
"Ok then we try...take a deep breath kid it is going to be ok..."
He said trying to sound soothing Kyle looked rather scarred though and he glanced at you nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Anja's Post:

Adley's Post:

A nod to Jeffery's instructions. Went over to the dumpster, located a slightly manky-looking cardboard box and shoved the items going back with them in it. But before she did this, Nicole quickly pulled off the cover of the pair of cells and removed the batteries, as well as making the guns safe.

'Okay, time to be off.' she announced to the group, then moving back towards her car.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next