Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:29 am

"Walk with me please Miss Bouchard I apologize for the trouble but I am in quite a bit of hurry."
The old Hermetic said and he made a gesture to invite you to walk beside him as he replied to your questions.
"A small child will be sent here from one of our allied Chantries, she is connected to one of the higher up Nephandi, one we have on good authority will be a bit of a hassle to take down so we are going to use a lock of her hair or a sample of her blood to track this senior Nephandus down before the main attack, we leave for that as soon as we have the girl."
Jeffry said.
"The girl should be here in fifteen minutes or so, we will meet up in the cafeteria."
He informed you.
"How did things go with the shuttle Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:02 pm

"Yeah you know that would not surprise me. You know he tried to force to his bed once, well I guess there is no laws against that but still, I kneed him in the balls good."
The Nephanda said with a satisfied grin.
Colin nodded sagely, "He tried the same with Devourer of Fetuses... that's when Gabriel gave him a beating and evicted him."

There was silence for a moment then that mental voice came again.
"What you say makes sense Craftsman, I will listen to your words but I will not promise you anything."
She said seemingly content with your answer.
He smiled, "One small victory at a time."

"She is not a Gilledian she is a Prelatus, she had the Gilledian captured by the Traditions but he is being kept alive there, to write letters and show his face on video so the others will think him well and just on a journey so they will not challenge Lady Larson for er leadership as would be their right."
The voice in your head was angry then she looked down at her hand.
"It hurts, I have tried to tend to it but I do not know how."
He scowled, "So that's how... Let me guess, it's the Italians that captured him?"
He frowned, "Unfortunately, I'm no physician, nor magical healer, but I do know a little about membranes like that - flight theory and the like, you know... I might be able to make a suggestion... or if you'll allow, I can photograph your hand and ask a doctor in my Cabal."

For the first time you heard the Handler's voice not her telepathic projection, it was clear as bells as she laughed.
"You bring me Melange do you Craftsman...what a wonderful gift."
She said in a voice unused to talking she did seam very amused though.
He grinned, "And there is the lovely voice my future self sent word of... You really ought to speak with people more often."

"It is difficult to return but everything is doable, the system with Cauls is a modern mistake, no true enlightenment towards Entropy and those that dwell beyond can be found in it."
She scoffed mentally.
"And yet my faction insist on such a quick fix."
He pondered, "That is interesting... and makes sense, actually. An Avatar is an eternal thing, and nothing devised by mortal agencies can truly destroy or irreversibly alter it... there's always something left that remembers, always something that can strive to rebuild itself..."

Dalisse ran over to the book as soon as you had stepped back from it and she picked it up and immediately flipped to the pages discussing Navigators, she knew the sections by heart.
"They are like me...they are like me..."
She said and pressed the book to her chest revealing that she was a hopelessly lonely creature who found solace it the descriptions of creatures similar to herself, and indeed she did look like the first stage of Spacing Guild Navigator with the all black eyes, the webbing between her fingers and down her arms and back you notice and her elongated body, she looked like what was called in the books a third stage and in the movie a first stage very much.
"Thank you."
The mental voice sounded.
He smiled warmly, "You are quite welcome."

The Handler looked distressed at the question.
"We where wounded in battle, there where several Technocracy Dreadnoughts we emerged victorious but we needed aid, Lady Larson offered that aid but once my ship was healed she had bound him...and we where trapped to her service, I tried to resist but she tortured me, I am scared to pain I am not used to it not out there where such things do not exist."
She said and her all to thin frame started shaking.
He nodded and stepped around the sitting section to pull out a chair for her, "Please sit, rest... I did not mean to dredge up such bad memories... Sorry."

"You are most kind Cratsman...but I am lonely I was not out there but here I am, no one is like me, save in these books..."
She muttered and cradled the book you had given her.
He smiled, "Actually, I'm not so sure there is no one like you; your lithe features and webbed hands do put me in mind of some illustrations I've seen of selkies, and from more fantastical literature, of aquatic elves. Granted, there's a dearth of them here, but if we can get you out there to search..."

"If she can control the Aswadim yes he will eventually destroy the world and there will be nothing far sooner than it should be...there is an ebb and flow to existence it must be obeyed."
The Handler said and shook her head.
"She who where like me bound to the Labyrinth in Chicago she was destroyed, your leaders would want to do the same to me."
She added fearfully.
He nodded, "So says the Jade Demon, too - a most polite gentleman of immense, terrifying power... I myself would not particularly mind overturning the inevitable descent toward Entropy, or at least slow it down, but... all things must inevitably come to an end in their own time."
He frowned and reached out a hand, palm up, "Cotta was... yes, and then she died... her lover, Warden, was killed hours before, after she attempted to destroy my Avatar. Warden failed, and my Avatar was... unleashed instead. Warden will be reborn, at some point in space and time, and when she does... that might become a little awkward. Cotta may be dead, but a part of her skills with spirits, and her love for Warden, lingers with me. If you look into my soul, you might see it there, among the millions of pinpricks of light and darkness..."
He shook his head, "Our leaders might wish your end, but under the circumstances, you are a far lower priority than Larson, and evacuating the ship with prisoners will take higher priority than hunting down one cooperating Handler in the heart of a ship that is preparing to drift into the Deep. If you help guide my people through the ship to clean out your... infestation, I can convince them it is unwise to try to force their way through the ship and then try to get rid of the ship afterwards. Far more convenient to let you take the ship and leave peacefully..."

"You can not hold of all of Larson's men, though I suppose I could eat a few."
She commented.
He smiled, "True, but I could make them pay a steep price for getting us... Besides, with my magic freed, I can do some pretty surprising things to whatever they might throw at us."

"Death...by fire...yes perhaps...but I do not want harm to come to my behemoth, it is innocent in this it just want to return to the deep."
She said and she looked wide eyed at you.
"But I do not desire more pain."
He nodded, "It is a Rote I devised as an apprentice-level trick to clear out resonances from myself... It is a simple way to expel residue from myself, like sweeping dust and litter from a tunnel complex. At the power of an Archmage, I daresay you could blast through the entire ship without harming it directly, and leave only fragments of dust to be blown out of the exits... I just fear it would hit you, as well, though there might be a small chance that you, being joined with the creature, might be spared as something belonging here..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Colin nodded sagely, "He tried the same with Devourer of Fetuses... that's when Gabriel gave him a beating and evicted him."

"And then gave him to us, how nice like a gift from you least favorite uncle you just can't return."
The guard snorted.
"Please can't you take him with you when you go back to Chicago if he should return here that is."
She said in mock supplication.

He smiled, "One small victory at a time."

The Handler just looked at you with her large black eyes.

He scowled, "So that's how... Let me guess, it's the Italians that captured him?"

"Yes he was betrayed to the twins, they handled his trial but kept him alive and their captive, so Lady Larson can have a puppet to hide behind."

He frowned, "Unfortunately, I'm no physician, nor magical healer, but I do know a little about membranes like that - flight theory and the like, you know... I might be able to make a suggestion... or if you'll allow, I can photograph your hand and ask a doctor in my Cabal."

"A phonograph will surely disturb your physician Craftsman...but what are your suggestion?"
The Handler asked nervously as she regarded you with her head cocked to the side holding her wounded hand protectively against her chest.

He grinned, "And there is the lovely voice my future self sent word of... You really ought to speak with people more often."

"Words are...difficult."
The Handler said in shaky English.
"Not many speak...to me..."

He pondered, "That is interesting... and makes sense, actually. An Avatar is an eternal thing, and nothing devised by mortal agencies can truly destroy or irreversibly alter it... there's always something left that remembers, always something that can strive to rebuild itself..."

"Yes such a thing...such a being is eternal, a part of everything."
Dalisse said telepathically.
"Nothing can truly destroy such a wonder as long as there is an existence."

He smiled warmly, "You are quite welcome."

The Handler looked at you as she happily flipped through the book.

He nodded and stepped around the sitting section to pull out a chair for her, "Please sit, rest... I did not mean to dredge up such bad memories... Sorry."

Dalisse gave you a terrified look at your closeness to her then she seamed to settle down in the chair, she held her wounded hand to her chest again. Despite her wast magickal might she was a skittish and frail creature that should have been protected but Larson had repeatedly terrorized her.
"Thank you Craftsman."
She said hesitantly.

He smiled, "Actually, I'm not so sure there is no one like you; your lithe features and webbed hands do put me in mind of some illustrations I've seen of selkies, and from more fantastical literature, of aquatic elves. Granted, there's a dearth of them here, but if we can get you out there to search..."

"Selkies are fay though many think them fera, but they are not, perhaps they are not exactly like me but they share my longing, if separated from the sea they will long and mourn and eventually waste away..."
The Handler said softly.
"And in the deep seas there are vampires that look like me, but I feel the greatest kinship with the creatures in this book who also guide ships and think differently."
She muttered.

He nodded, "So says the Jade Demon, too - a most polite gentleman of immense, terrifying power... I myself would not particularly mind overturning the inevitable descent toward Entropy, or at least slow it down, but... all things must inevitably come to an end in their own time."

"He is a respectable man, the Jade Demon and yes in their own time thing end an are born anew and end."
She agreed.

He frowned and reached out a hand, palm up, "Cotta was... yes, and then she died... her lover, Warden, was killed hours before, after she attempted to destroy my Avatar. Warden failed, and my Avatar was... unleashed instead. Warden will be reborn, at some point in space and time, and when she does... that might become a little awkward. Cotta may be dead, but a part of her skills with spirits, and her love for Warden, lingers with me. If you look into my soul, you might see it there, among the millions of pinpricks of light and darkness..."

"Cotta's soul or parts of it have become a part of your shard cluster...it is a beautiful soul you have, so broken and yet so strong."
She said and Mia shuddered as the ancient Nephanda glanced at her.
"It is good that a memory remains of what she loved most."
Dalisse said.
"I am glad the attempt on your soul failed Craftsman."

He shook his head, "Our leaders might wish your end, but under the circumstances, you are a far lower priority than Larson, and evacuating the ship with prisoners will take higher priority than hunting down one cooperating Handler in the heart of a ship that is preparing to drift into the Deep. If you help guide my people through the ship to clean out your... infestation, I can convince them it is unwise to try to force their way through the ship and then try to get rid of the ship afterwards. Far more convenient to let you take the ship and leave peacefully..."

The Handler considered for a moment.
"Your words make sense it would be more logical to flee than to track me down and perhaps you can convince your allies to let me be...however if I am to even consider this I will need a promise from you Craftsman, while it is unlikely, if I am captured an they destroy my soul...take me to the Umbra to die I do not want to die trapped in the dense, crude matter of physical reality, that is not where I belong, promise me this and I will consider your words."
Dalisse's eyes met yours and she shivered fearfully at the thought.

He smiled, "True, but I could make them pay a steep price for getting us... Besides, with my magic freed, I can do some pretty surprising things to whatever they might throw at us."

"Ah yes...if this should come to pass and Lady Larson's men come for us, yes we can make them pay in blood, and blood will nourish my ship."
She declared solemnly.
"And when it comes to Magick I know a thing or two myself Craftsman."

He nodded, "It is a Rote I devised as an apprentice-level trick to clear out resonances from myself... It is a simple way to expel residue from myself, like sweeping dust and litter from a tunnel complex. At the power of an Archmage, I daresay you could blast through the entire ship without harming it directly, and leave only fragments of dust to be blown out of the exits... I just fear it would hit you, as well, though there might be a small chance that you, being joined with the creature, might be spared as something belonging here..."

"I am the ship an the ship is me, but if you show me your rote I can determine if doing so would harm me as well as those residing in it and what effect it would have."
The Handler requested.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I started reading a book and lost the track of time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:28 pm

What are we doing to bring her end? he tagged along

Tane Focused on the angel just as it did in him. He looked a hell lot better and he was happy for it, but it was traumathized and scared. It was only natural, though. But then tane felt that crisp of dinamic energy as part of the torch and rose to inspect it better. THe song grew in pitch and strenght too, and it reflected the little fire as Tane slowly tried to touch it and analize it. Could this torch be the little part of uncorrupted energy he had already felt?

I was thinking Rice and milk. It's delicious yet simple enough and nutritious yet not dense. BUT i asked of you, not of them. Let me show you a little of my appreciation!
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:48 pm

"You can cut vegetables if you want to but you have to curl your fingers so it look like a cat's paw so you don't cut yourself Sir."
Jane said with a serious look in her eyes and showed you how to hold your hand to protect it from accidents, she was clearly quite proud that she was allowed to help out in the kitchen.

Serge followed Jane's lessons and mimicked her hand position.

"I see. Thank you Jane. Maybe I can start cutting up vegetable now. But I still need practice. Maybe you could help me?" Serge said continuing the act to give Jane more time at being a teacher and teaching something that she was clearly proud of.

"Dr Lee is a good doctor e fixed my ankle when I hurt it."
Jane said and pointed down at said ankle.
"My Mentor takes me out for ice cream if Dr Lee have to do something that hurts though or something that is really boring and takes a long time."
Jane said and nodded.
"Do you want a lollipop Sir? I do not have that but I have a chocolate bar in my room I have been saving."
She offered.

"Nah that's ok. We're already having sandwiches and juice and tea and who knows what else. At this rate we'll all get fatter." Serge said with a grin.

You got to Rosa's room where everything for the tea party where still on the floor. Rosa sank down onto the sofa she really where quite pale and she rubbed at her arm despite Dr Lee's orders.

"Hey, no rubbing. You heard the doctor. Be gentle with that arm." Serge chastised.

"There is juice if you and the girls want any, in the fridge, and some fruit as well."
She said

"Sure thing. You also need some juice as well." Serge said walking over to the fridge and getting out enough juice for everybody, prioritizing himself and Rosa first.

grabbed a blanket that had been laying on the sofa.
"It is pretty cold here is it not? Do you think it is cold Cousin?"

"Sort of." Serge said, In truth the temperature of the room wasn't anything of note to him. It was likely due to Rosa's weakened state and the loss of blood.

"The doctor said not to get too cold. So keep that blanket close." Serge said to his weakened cousin.

As he helped Rosa get adjusted he opened his phone to see if Freddy had sent him her number. Now that he had the time he wanted to update her as to what was going on.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:13 pm

"And then gave him to us, how nice like a gift from you least favorite uncle you just can't return."
The guard snorted.
"Please can't you take him with you when you go back to Chicago if he should return here that is."
She said in mock supplication.
He shrugged, "I told you, Chicago was lost... I don't think the Jade Demon would tolerate him, which means you'll have to barter with someone else. Might be amusing to hand him over to the Italians, just to see their faces... Hell, I hear his own Mentor chose to become a Handler, rather than having to deal with the wretch..."

"Yes he was betrayed to the twins, they handled his trial but kept him alive and their captive, so Lady Larson can have a puppet to hide behind."
He frowned, "I am not surprised... Do you know his name, so I can use it against the Italians later?"

"A phonograph will surely disturb your physician Craftsman...but what are your suggestion?"
The Handler asked nervously as she regarded you with her head cocked to the side holding her wounded hand protectively against her chest.
He smiled, "The doctor in mind has seen stranger things, I think - and he's a good man. A photo of your hand should not be much of a problem, as such... but what I had in mind was super glue. I believe emergency personnel sometimes use that for superficial lacerations, rather than stitches. It should work quite as well on your hands as on anyone else's. If you wish, I can look it up on the internet, jsut to make sure if there are any particular brands of it that are better or worse for the task."

"Words are...difficult."
The Handler said in shaky English.
"Not many speak...to me..."
He smiled sadly, "That is their loss."

"Yes such a thing...such a being is eternal, a part of everything."
Dalisse said telepathically.
"Nothing can truly destroy such a wonder as long as there is an existence."
He nodded.

Dalisse gave you a terrified look at your closeness to her then she seamed to settle down in the chair, she held her wounded hand to her chest again. Despite her wast magickal might she was a skittish and frail creature that should have been protected but Larson had repeatedly terrorized her.
"Thank you Craftsman."
She said hesitantly.
He smiled and stepped around the table again, moving in front of the sofa, "But of course... May I?"

"Selkies are fay though many think them fera, but they are not, perhaps they are not exactly like me but they share my longing, if separated from the sea they will long and mourn and eventually waste away..."
The Handler said softly.
"And in the deep seas there are vampires that look like me, but I feel the greatest kinship with the creatures in this book who also guide ships and think differently."
She muttered.
He nodded, "I am told there's a very specific distinction there, yes - by lore, selkies actually leave their seal skin behind when they take human form. Fera... don't do that. But yes, the Navigators are very much different."

"Cotta's soul or parts of it have become a part of your shard cluster...it is a beautiful soul you have, so broken and yet so strong."
She said and Mia shuddered as the ancient Nephanda glanced at her.
"It is good that a memory remains of what she loved most."
Dalisse said.
"I am glad the attempt on your soul failed Craftsman."
He smiled wryly, "Ah, my Avatar is a but unnerved by your gaze... but yes, she is magnificent. So delicate, so gentle, yet so ornery and durable; she is indeed far more than the sum of her parts. And the remnant of Cotta... gaining her memories saved a lot of people from a trap that had been placed in Abigail's Labyrinth; a gate to Oblivion, set on the main Node. It would have torn everything apart, probably taking a large part of the city with it."
He grinned, "There are several people who are glad the attempt failed; probably none quite as thrilled as me..."

The Handler considered for a moment.
"Your words make sense it would be more logical to flee than to track me down and perhaps you can convince your allies to let me be...however if I am to even consider this I will need a promise from you Craftsman, while it is unlikely, if I am captured an they destroy my soul...take me to the Umbra to die I do not want to die trapped in the dense, crude matter of physical reality, that is not where I belong, promise me this and I will consider your words."
Dalisse's eyes met yours and she shivered fearfully at the thought.
He held Dalisse's gaze for a few seconds, then nodded, "By my Power, I promise you, if this day ends with you captive by my side instead of free to leave this place, I will make sure to bring you as deep into the Umbra as I can safely go, and release you there. I may have to twist my Security Chief's arm for use of the necessary shuttlecraft, but I promise, I will bring you home, should it come to that."

"Ah yes...if this should come to pass and Lady Larson's men come for us, yes we can make them pay in blood, and blood will nourish my ship."
She declared solemnly.
"And when it comes to Magick I know a thing or two myself Craftsman."
He grinned, "Of course you know far more than me... However, they are likely familiar with your work. Not so much with mine... so I can more easily surprise them."

"I am the ship an the ship is me, but if you show me your rote I can determine if doing so would harm me as well as those residing in it and what effect it would have."
The Handler requested.
He nodded and pulled out the notebook and pen, quickly drawing up a circle on a page; the full octagram he had relied on only days before... He smiled as he put both index fingers inside the circle, visualizing the maze of twisted passages, "Observe, milady... Scoria expurgate!"

((OOC: It's Christmas. We're all lazy, stuffed and busy with playing with prezzies or the like. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Tane:

What are we doing to bring her end? he tagged along

"Hopefully soon Mr Karyak."
Amadeus said darkly.

Tane Focused on the angel just as it did in him. He looked a hell lot better and he was happy for it, but it was traumathized and scared. It was only natural, though. But then tane felt that crisp of dinamic energy as part of the torch and rose to inspect it better. THe song grew in pitch and strenght too, and it reflected the little fire as Tane slowly tried to touch it and analize it. Could this torch be the little part of uncorrupted energy he had already felt?

The torch where Dynamic while Beatrice's fallen angel where clearly Primordial, it was likely the torch came from another source than her soul did. The wounded Avatar stepped back, it was skittish and nervous and did not want to be touched, though he still looked at you with those dark eyes of nothingness.

I was thinking Rice and milk. It's delicious yet simple enough and nutritious yet not dense. BUT i asked of you, not of them. Let me show you a little of my appreciation!

"I have never had the dish you speak of Tane."
Cita said and smiled.
"And there is no need for you to go to any trouble on my behalf you have helped me allot as well."
She commented.
"Now what is this rice and milk?"

Serge:

Serge followed Jane's lessons and mimicked her hand position.

"I see. Thank you Jane. Maybe I can start cutting up vegetable now. But I still need practice. Maybe you could help me?" Serge said continuing the act to give Jane more time at being a teacher and teaching something that she was clearly proud of.

"I can teach you and help you with how to cut vegetables, after all vegetables are healthy."
The little girl said and beamed proudly.

"Nah that's ok. We're already having sandwiches and juice and tea and who knows what else. At this rate we'll all get fatter." Serge said with a grin.

"That is ok I can be fat."
Jane said and smiled. Rosa frowned.
"Yeah kid, let us try to avoid that it is not much fun."
She grumbled.

"Hey, no rubbing. You heard the doctor. Be gentle with that arm." Serge chastised.

"I know, I know but it smarts and itches!"
Rosa complained but she ceased the rubbing.
"Ok ok I will do as the doctor ordered.

"Sure thing. You also need some juice as well." Serge said walking over to the fridge and getting out enough juice for everybody, prioritizing himself and Rosa first.

There where plenty of juice for four in the fridge, and you found some colorful glasses in the cupboard.
"Can I help Sir?"
Jane asked. Rosa gave you a slight smile.
"Thank you cousin."

"Sort of." Serge said, In truth the temperature of the room wasn't anything of note to him. It was likely due to Rosa's weakened state and the loss of blood.

"The doctor said not to get too cold. So keep that blanket close." Serge said to his weakened cousin.

As he helped Rosa get adjusted he opened his phone to see if Freddy had sent him her number. Now that he had the time he wanted to update her as to what was going on.

Rosa smiled to you as she settled down on the sofa with a blanket over her, she looked rather pale and sickly. Yes Freddy had send you her number while you where in the communications office.

Colin:

He shrugged, "I told you, Chicago was lost... I don't think the Jade Demon would tolerate him, which means you'll have to barter with someone else. Might be amusing to hand him over to the Italians, just to see their faces... Hell, I hear his own Mentor chose to become a Handler, rather than having to deal with the wretch..."

"Damn no return then?"
The Nephanda said and frowned.
"I am not sure who these Italians are but yes his Mentor became a Handler for a Battle Cruiser but whatever or not that was due to her student or not that I do not know."
She said and shrugged.

He frowned, "I am not surprised... Do you know his name, so I can use it against the Italians later?"

"He just use the name Griga when speaking in anything but the Dragon's Tongue."
Dalisse said.

He smiled, "The doctor in mind has seen stranger things, I think - and he's a good man. A photo of your hand should not be much of a problem, as such...

"I guess that would be acceptable then."
The Handler said sounding a bit unsure.

but what I had in mind was super glue. I believe emergency personnel sometimes use that for superficial lacerations, rather than stitches. It should work quite as well on your hands as on anyone else's. If you wish, I caHe smiled sadly, "That is their loss."
n look it up on the internet, jsut to make sure if there are any particular brands of it that are better or worse for the task."

"I appreciate your help, I do not know what this superglue is though."
Dalisse said then she nodded.
"But I am willing to try if it will make the pain stop. I know of the internet I have an Amazon account."
She said proudly and pointed to her shelves containing several thousand books.

He smiled sadly, "That is their loss."

She smiled a little at that.

He smiled and stepped around the table again, moving in front of the sofa, "But of course... May I?"

The Handler gave you a nervous look but she nodded after a while.
"Yes..."

He nodded, "I am told there's a very specific distinction there, yes - by lore, selkies actually leave their seal skin behind when they take human form. Fera... don't do that. But yes, the Navigators are very much different."

"Yes they are...quite fascinating creatures."
Dalisse agreed about the Selikies.
"I want to find the Dune world, the Umbra do not care if a world was created with will or with imagination every dream and every fictional world get a realm, and those who get followers and fans grow stronger, I can find it and then I can see those like me for myself."
The strange creature said and she gave you a bit of a dreaming smile.

He smiled wryly, "Ah, my Avatar is a but unnerved by your gaze... but yes, she is magnificent. So delicate, so gentle, yet so ornery and durable; she is indeed far more than the sum of her parts.

"I did not mean to frighten her, she is a fascinating being."
Dalisse said and she stopped watching your Avatar something Mia appreciated she was after all not a monkey to be put on common display.
"Fair should be fair, do you wish to see my Avatar Craftsman?"
The Handler offered as a measure of trust.

And the remnant of Cotta... gaining her memories saved a lot of people from a trap that had been placed in Abigail's Labyrinth; a gate to Oblivion, set on the main Node. It would have torn everything apart, probably taking a large part of the city with it."
He grinned, "There are several people who are glad the attempt failed; probably none quite as thrilled as me..."

"Hum...such traps will not happen on my ship...though step in the wrong place and you will get eaten."
The Handler said and she showed no reaction to your tale about portal to Oblivion itself.

He held Dalisse's gaze for a few seconds, then nodded, "By my Power, I promise you, if this day ends with you captive by my side instead of free to leave this place, I will make sure to bring you as deep into the Umbra as I can safely go, and release you there. I may have to twist my Security Chief's arm for use of the necessary shuttlecraft, but I promise, I will bring you home, should it come to that."

Dalissa looked at you with her sad, black eyes then she nodded satisfied.
"Thank you Craftsman, I believe your words...well then please present to me your suggestion and I will consider it."
She agreed.

He grinned, "Of course you know far more than me... However, they are likely familiar with your work. Not so much with mine... so I can more easily surprise them."

"That is tactically smart."
Dalisse agreed and she nodded in agreement again.
"I think perhaps we could make the price for our lives high."

He nodded and pulled out the notebook and pen, quickly drawing up a circle on a page; the full octagram he had relied on only days before... He smiled as he put both index fingers inside the circle, visualizing the maze of twisted passages, "Observe, milady... Scoria expurgate!"

The Handler shook her head as she observed your rote.
"Your rote is crude but quite useful for clearing out energies and Resonances from your system, I could use it to banish what have been stored in the internal Nodes, the Wards and other magick from my ship but not flesh and blood matter, that it will not affect."
She said plainly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:31 pm

"I also thought myself an adult at that age, I think all young people do to some extent wen they are in the between stage of childhood and adulthood." Narim said and smiled. "Non the less I noticed the Chief's young apprentice."

“I guess…I’ve been a bit oblivious to some important things. I was trying to stuff in as many facts and lessons and even when I was washing the floor my mind wasn’t on what I was doing. I don’t know why I expected to protect anyone well if I didn’t even try to get to know them, or them me, but at the time I thought controlling myself meant keeping myself separate.”

"I hope so, that he is proud of me...but being an anchor I do not know, all I can do is try to be useful for the Chantry." The Virtual Adept said and he blushed at the praise.

“Well, I should only speak for myself, I suppose.”

"I would not mind a lecture Adley but perhaps there is not the time right now...your world view is interesting though and not that dissimilar to my own in some ways." The young technomancer said and smiled. "Though in other ways very different indeed, I do think I understand some of it though."
He said and nodded. "Though for me I still need to see a connection between my flesh and my spirit."

“Maybe you should try feeling it instead of just thinking about it or trying to see it with your eyes or pinpointing it on a map. Listen to the sounds when you hear them, feel it in your heart. You may find that the connections are there, the subtle and gross come together. But it is for you to find, and no, there’s not time for the full lecture.”

"That is possible...but I am only thirty five I know my Mentor started taking students when he was just a teenager but I...want to do better."
“Then you will.”

"Well I have a desk in my room so Master Sharaya is welcome to work from there if he want."Ty offered. "I will be going with the strike team after all." The the Akashic smiled a little. "I hope you are right...I do want a next week and I do really want that puppy."

He nodded at Ty. Yes, he would be going. So would he be going…”Would it be alright if my friend looking after the children outside also stayed there for the time being?”

Narim nodded as he looked at you for a moment longer then he slowly and with difficulty sat up."We will win." He said with conviction in his voice.

“Easy, there,” he said as he sat up.

"Saving the world tends to do that for a person perhaps we are going to have to make it dinner."The Virtual Adept joked then he smiled a little. "I will be looking forward to it Adley."

“Dinner sounds good…and dessert.”

Narim did not watch what you where writing but he did watch your movements of writing as he tried to catch his bearings sitting."My father would write on a tablet much like that at times, it is not that we did not have pen and paper and more modern things but he preferred it."The Virtual Adept commented.

“It’s very handy. My pater is coming up here, so once you have finished up these transfusions we can move you...” He frowned. “Fran should be back by now,” he said, suddenly. With the kids going back with Serge and Rosa, perhaps Uncle Willard could make sure everything was ok upstairs soon.

Before Rosa and Serge left the communications office this made the young Cultist smile."Thank you Mr Roth Hicks I would really appreciate that."

“With your mentor’s permission, of course,” he said to Rosa, as she was still under tutelage. Though he doubted he would have reason to say no, one should still ask.

Serge didn't expect the offer and a large child-like smiled filled Serge's mouth as soon as he heard. "Oh hell ya! That would be awesome. Thanks Mr. Roth Hicks." After a while Serge realized that he had perhaps used a bit too much enthusiasm when expressing his gratitude and added sheepishly, "Y-yeah I probably need that lesson on interacting with them first."

He found himself smiling back at him a little, his exuberance for something he did frequently was a little amusing. “You’re quite welcome, though I can’t say exactly when I will have the chance. I’m sure you understand.”

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:03 pm

"Damn no return then?"
The Nephanda said and frowned.
"I am not sure who these Italians are but yes his Mentor became a Handler for a Battle Cruiser but whatever or not that was due to her student or not that I do not know."
She said and shrugged.
He shook his head, "No, whoever gets him will be stuck with him, i fear."

"He just use the name Griga when speaking in anything but the Dragon's Tongue."
Dalisse said.
He pondered, "Griga... The name might be useful, especially to a Hermetic..."

"I guess that would be acceptable then."
The Handler said sounding a bit unsure.
"I appreciate your help, I do not know what this superglue is though."
Dalisse said then she nodded.
"But I am willing to try if it will make the pain stop. I know of the internet I have an Amazon account."
She said proudly and pointed to her shelves containing several thousand books.
He nodded, "Ah, superglue will not take care of the pain, I'm afraid - only seal the wound, hold the skin together... It is a strong adhesive, like the glue holding a book together, only far stronger. Far, far stronger. But that said..."
He fished up his phone and quickly googled 'superglue on wounds', skimming down to the first seeming complete guide, "Ah, let me see... Here's a guide to how and when to use glue, and how and when not to... If you wish to look it over for yourself, since you've had a closer look at the injury?"

The Handler gave you a nervous look but she nodded after a while.
"Yes..."
He nodded and gently sat down, neatly opposite Dalisse, with the table as a safe buffer between them.

"Yes they are...quite fascinating creatures."
Dalisse agreed about the Selikies.
"I want to find the Dune world, the Umbra do not care if a world was created with will or with imagination every dream and every fictional world get a realm, and those who get followers and fans grow stronger, I can find it and then I can see those like me for myself."
The strange creature said and she gave you a bit of a dreaming smile.
He grinned, "To get a stillsuit and ride the worm... it would be quite the ride, yes."

"I did not mean to frighten her, she is a fascinating being."
Dalisse said and she stopped watching your Avatar something Mia appreciated she was after all not a monkey to be put on common display.
"Fair should be fair, do you wish to see my Avatar Craftsman?"
The Handler offered as a measure of trust.
He smiled, "Thank you. I would be honoured."

"Hum...such traps will not happen on my ship...though step in the wrong place and you will get eaten."
The Handler said and she showed no reaction to your tale about portal to Oblivion itself.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, I have heard some who decided to have some fun with you had little time to enjoy it after... I just hope the ship did not suffer indigestion from that."

Dalissa looked at you with her sad, black eyes then she nodded satisfied.
"Thank you Craftsman, I believe your words...well then please present to me your suggestion and I will consider it."
She agreed.
He nodded, "Here is my proposal, in the simplest of terms: My people will arrive in a short while, after I signal them that you will help us. You will help us by herding and confusing Larson's people, separating them by closing the passages at the most inopportune moments for them, and helping us catch them by as much surprise and in as poorly defensible situations as possible. Also, by helping our people find the least impeded and most effective paths to hit Larson's people hard and fast. We are already working on a Trojan Horse to deal with Jace, hopefully that will make sure he is taken down without... casualties on our side this time. In one future timeline, he cost us dearly, but at a later point, I learned of an immense weakness he has. Too late then, but not now."
He smiled wryly, "You see, my dear lady, I am the Kwisatz Haderach..."

"That is tactically smart."
Dalisse agreed and she nodded in agreement again.
"I think perhaps we could make the price for our lives high."
He nodded, "And even if the assault failed, it should be a drain on Larson's resources... We could very well survive such an outcome."

The Handler shook her head as she observed your rote.
"Your rote is crude but quite useful for clearing out energies and Resonances from your system, I could use it to banish what have been stored in the internal Nodes, the Wards and other magick from my ship but not flesh and blood matter, that it will not affect."
She said plainly.
He nodded, "It is a crude, simple thing, but it works. However, it seems like it could very easily be upgraded to affect unwanted matter in the system, as a higher-tier spell... I have devised a Rote which allows me to directly draw on Quintessence from an external source, such as the Tass in my pocket; it might be possible to ignite the Quintessence in my blood in the same manner, to burn out infections, poisons and parasites and the like... Hum... I'll need to make a few calculations here..."

He made a few notes on the page, near the circle, and pondered, "Yes, this just might work, a little more potently than the simple cleansing..."

((OOC: So, Int+Occult seems the most relevant skill roll for the theoretical upgrade to that Rote... 1,6,9,9,9,9... Wow.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:20 am

"I can teach you and help you with how to cut vegetables, after all vegetables are healthy."
The little girl said and beamed proudly.

"Their healthy, but their certainly not tasty." Serge mumbled to himself.

"I know, I know but it smarts and itches!"
Rosa complained but she ceased the rubbing.
"Ok ok I will do as the doctor ordered.

"You better. Or else Dr. Jane here will get mad at you." Serge said with a smile remembering the Jane's dream job.

There where plenty of juice for four in the fridge, and you found some colorful glasses in the cupboard.
"Can I help Sir?"
Jane asked.Rosa gave you a slight smile.
"Thank you cousin."

"Of course you can." Serge replied to the young girl as he started filling up the 4 cups with juice.

"You and Liv can start making the sandwiches while I hand out the cups of juice." Serge offered the young mage.

He walked around the room and passed around the cups of juice to Rosa, Jane, Liv, and finally had a sip of some himself.

Rosa smiled to you as she settled down on the sofa with a blanket over her, she looked rather pale and sickly. Yes Freddy had send you her number while you where in the communications office.

Serge began tapping away on his phone, fulfilling his promise to update Freddy about the going-on's of the third floor. He was careful about what information he typed, remembering Mr Roth Hicks paranoia about potential spies tampering with electronic communication.

"So quick update on what happened on the third floor. Master Sharaya was injured but he's being healed now and should be fine. How's Kyle doing now?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:37 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole did as bidden; doing her best not to end up shedding her shopping on the Mage. Once he filled her in, she sucked her teeth thoughtfully for a moment before replying.

'I see. Yes, the shuttle seems to be functional, though I can't vouch on it's abilities or strength; it had to leave on the mission before we could check it properly. Is there anyone I should check in with before I go and get ready?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:48 am

Adley:

“I guess…I’ve been a bit oblivious to some important things. I was trying to stuff in as many facts and lessons and even when I was washing the floor my mind wasn’t on what I was doing. I don’t know why I expected to protect anyone well if I didn’t even try to get to know them, or them me, but at the time I thought controlling myself meant keeping myself separate.”

"It is an understandable way to think, an perhaps in some ways you where right, that if you want complete control over yourself you must also control who you interact with, but perhaps complete control is not always desirable."
Narim said.
"Though no one could fault your dedication."
He added.

“Well, I should only speak for myself, I suppose.”

"I do appreciate your words Adley even if you did not know my father, I do hope he would have been proud of me if he could see me now."
He said and smiled warmly.

“Maybe you should try feeling it instead of just thinking about it or trying to see it with your eyes or pinpointing it on a map. Listen to the sounds when you hear them, feel it in your heart. You may find that the connections are there, the subtle and gross come together. But it is for you to find, and no, there’s not time for the full lecture.”

"And now you speak like a wise man, I will heed your advice and try that the next time I hear the crystal caves sing inside of me."
Narim said then he smiled.
"Perhaps we will have time for that lecture once the world have been saved."
He added and grinned.

“Then you will.”

"Thank you, I hope you are right."

He nodded at Ty. Yes, he would be going. So would he be going…”Would it be alright if my friend looking after the children outside also stayed there for the time being?”

"Yeah not a problem at all, tell them to make themselves at home and again I am sorry about the puppy stuff everywhere I might have gone just a bit overboard with the amount of dog toys I bought."
Ty said and he scratched his head a bit self consciously.
"There is food and stuff in the fridge so just tell your friend to help themselves if there is anything they want."

“Easy, there,” he said as he sat up.

Narim sat up and he leaned on you for support for a moment he was still a bit woozy.
"Sorry...ehm yeah...I am allot better though."
He commented.

“Dinner sounds good…and dessert.”

"Oh yes...all the dessert."

“It’s very handy. My pater is coming up here, so once you have finished up these transfusions we can move you...” He frowned. “Fran should be back by now,” he said, suddenly. With the kids going back with Serge and Rosa, perhaps Uncle Willard could make sure everything was ok upstairs soon.

Richard finished up his work and pulled the needle out of Ty's arm who had not made a sound, then he did the same with Narim who did wince slightly.
"I should be done here for now, if you feel up to it Master Sharaya you can sit and work, however you will have to drink plenty of liquid and look after yourself."
The doctor said before he did several hand gestures, quite different from the ones you used and done is rapid fire succession one after the other with great precession and he healed the small puncture in Narim's arm then he did the same with Ty.
"Probably Miss Mudnis have been delayed by our guests who are nervous that something is going on."
Richard reassured you.
"Well let us get Master Sharaya to another room and let him get cleaned up."

“With your mentor’s permission, of course,” he said to Rosa, as she was still under tutelage. Though he doubted he would have reason to say no, one should still ask.

"Off course Mr Roth Hicks I will ask him."
The young Cultist agreed and she smiled to you.

Nicole:

Nicole did as bidden; doing her best not to end up shedding her shopping on the Mage. Once he filled her in, she sucked her teeth thoughtfully for a moment before replying.

'I see. Yes, the shuttle seems to be functional, though I can't vouch on it's abilities or strength; it had to leave on the mission before we could check it properly. Is there anyone I should check in with before I go and get ready?'

"I see well hopefully the shuttle will hold."

Jeffry said as he stopped outside the door to the communications office, you saw Serge escorting the plump young woman you had seen before and two kids into another apartment , the plump girl and the two children stopping to curtsy to the Master before they entered the room, just now knocking on the door to the communications office was a woman, perhaps though it was hard to say if the person was male or female the features could be both, they where wearing rough working pants an a tshirt, this woman, if that is what they was bowed to Jeffry but they where clearly injured for the bow resulted in a sharp wince. Master Morgaen held out a hand to steady the person.
"Please Adeptus Markov you should be in bed and much less bowing."
He said then he turned to you.
"No I do not think there is anything you will need to do or anyone you need to check in with before getting ready Miss Bouchard."
He said before he led the wounded person into the communications office, the wounded person turning towards you and giving you a smile in greeting before they went into the office and Jeffry gave you a slight bow.
"Well then if you excuse me Miss Bouchard I am in quite a bit of a hurry."
He said and he vanished into the office as well.

Adley you see your Mentor and Nico come back into the room, if the blood shocked Jeffry he made no sign of it at all. Nico looked pale and drawn walking around was not good for them at the moment.
"Are you feeling better Master Sharaya."
They asked and Narim nodded.
"I am thank you Adeptus Markov."
Jeffry turned to you.
"Mea filius please report."

(OOC: I will write more later sorry about that but I did not have more time than to reply to two of you right now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:46 am

Serge:

"Their healthy, but their certainly not tasty." Serge mumbled to himself.

"No they are not Sir but we have to eat vegetables if we want to grow up to be big and strong."
Jane said and sigh.
"I wish chocolate and ice cream where healthy."

"You better. Or else Dr. Jane here will get mad at you." Serge said with a smile remembering the Jane's dream job.

"Oh in that case I better stop rubbing at it then."
Rosa said and grinned. Jane just smiled.

"Of course you can." Serge replied to the young girl as he started filling up the 4 cups with juice.

"You and Liv can start making the sandwiches while I hand out the cups of juice." Serge offered the young mage.

He walked around the room and passed around the cups of juice to Rosa, Jane, Liv, and finally had a sip of some himself.

Liv and Jane smiled and the two girls started making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the kitchen while they where talking between themselves in Latin."
Rosa gave you a smile and thanked you when she took the cup of juice.
"Thank you Cousin."
She said an she took a sip of it.

Serge began tapping away on his phone, fulfilling his promise to update Freddy about the going-on's of the third floor. He was careful about what information he typed, remembering Mr Roth Hicks paranoia about potential spies tampering with electronic communication.

"So quick update on what happened on the third floor. Master Sharaya was injured but he's being healed now and should be fine. How's Kyle doing now?"

You got a quick reply back.
"Kyle is sleeping peacefully. Thank you for telling me, I hope Master Sharaya will get better soon."

Colin:

He shook his head, "No, whoever gets him will be stuck with him, i fear."

"I see well let us hope the little fucker is dead then."
The guard said and frowned.

He pondered, "Griga... The name might be useful, especially to a Hermetic..."

"Yes Hermetics do seam to enjoy working with names, well it is not a bad thing with names comes powerful magick."
The Handler said.

He nodded, "Ah, superglue will not take care of the pain, I'm afraid - only seal the wound, hold the skin together... It is a strong adhesive, like the glue holding a book together, only far stronger. Far, far stronger. But that said..."
He fished up his phone and quickly googled 'superglue on wounds', skimming down to the first seeming complete guide, "Ah, let me see... Here's a guide to how and when to use glue, and how and when not to... If you wish to look it over for yourself, since you've had a closer look at the injury?"

"I see, well that makes sense I guess and there would be a good idea of sealing the skin back together even if it will not cure the pain, but perhaps you should search for this method used on sea creatures of carious types as my webbing is hardly the same as human skin."
Dalisse said and looked down at her wounded hand and frowned.

He nodded and gently sat down, neatly opposite Dalisse, with the table as a safe buffer between them.

The Handler looked at you for a while, nervously.

He grinned, "To get a stillsuit and ride the worm... it would be quite the ride, yes."

Dalisse grinned a little.
"Do you really think the Fremen would let me into their desert, the Spacing Guild might be more welcoming though."

He smiled, "Thank you. I would be honoured."

The Handler smiled then she made a few elegant gestures with her hand, put one of them to her chest and then beside her you saw something, it was beautiful, it had the form of a man in a dark robe, but in his eyes you saw any destination you might be thinking about, the Avatar was a personification of travel, and while he was clearly old and hard to know, and he was also clearly Primordial, the soul did not seam to really be inverted, he was only old and belonging to the far deep. Here and there along the Avatar you saw horrid scars, someone had attacked him at one point and nearly shattered him. Dalisse gave a bit of a self conscious smile.
"Well Craftsman now you behold my soul."
She declared.

He smiled wryly, "Yes, I have heard some who decided to have some fun with you had little time to enjoy it after... I just hope the ship did not suffer indigestion from that."

The Handler got a dark look in her eyes.
"Yes well my ship can eat just about anything Craftsman and those bastards will serve better nourishing my ship than wasting space with their foulness!"

He nodded, "Here is my proposal, in the simplest of terms: My people will arrive in a short while, after I signal them that you will help us. You will help us by herding and confusing Larson's people, separating them by closing the passages at the most inopportune moments for them, and helping us catch them by as much surprise and in as poorly defensible situations as possible. Also, by helping our people find the least impeded and most effective paths to hit Larson's people hard and fast.

Dalisse looked at you as you spoke and she was considering your words.
"It seams what you suggjest is the easiest way, perhaps the only way for me to get free and go to the deep where we belong."
She commented.
"I can also in theory control the wards and other defenses, but you have to understand the Nephandi saved me when..."
The Handler trailed of.
"Anyway the Nephandi have been my home for many centuries granted when I joined the Faction was less of a group of asshats as they are now but still, betraying them is hard for me."
She said softly.

We are already working on a Trojan Horse to deal with Jace, hopefully that will make sure he is taken down without... casualties on our side this time. In one future timeline, he cost us dearly, but at a later point, I learned of an immense weakness he has. Too late then, but not now."

"Ah the child he created...yes she is his weakness, and if you are going to strike against Jace you should do so soon for he is not in the Labyrinth, though I do not know where he is, once he is out of my domain I can tell you little."

He smiled wryly, "You see, my dear lady, I am the Kwisatz Haderach..."

That made the Handler grin and she looked amused and she spoke with her own words.
"So you seam to be my good man...perhaps you will then be able to pull a haired brained move out of your hat to save the day as well...and get some delightfully mutated children."

He nodded, "And even if the assault failed, it should be a drain on Larson's resources... We could very well survive such an outcome."

Dalisse just nodded at that.
"The chance is slim but present Craftsman."

He nodded, "It is a crude, simple thing, but it works. However, it seems like it could very easily be upgraded to affect unwanted matter in the system, as a higher-tier spell... I have devised a Rote which allows me to directly draw on Quintessence from an external source, such as the Tass in my pocket; it might be possible to ignite the Quintessence in my blood in the same manner, to burn out infections, poisons and parasites and the like... Hum... I'll need to make a few calculations here..."

He made a few notes on the page, near the circle, and pondered, "Yes, this just might work, a little more potently than the simple cleansing..."

Well you could see how it would be possible to change the rote to ignite the Quintessence of things found in a system and then burn them out, you saw how this was possible but you lacked the understanding of living patterns to make the final calculations if you had this knowledge though you could probably do it. Dalisse said nothing as you worked and she just observed you with those strange black eyes of hers.

(OOC: Colin do not have quite the knowledge of Life and higher degrees of Prime to put it together but he gets the gist of it, and you get to store one sucsess awat for later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:19 pm

"Yes Hermetics do seam to enjoy working with names, well it is not a bad thing with names comes powerful magick."
The Handler said.
Colin smiled wryly, "I've never been quite so concerned with that, myself... But I know the Hermetics believe it is powerful, so I am a little wary of what they might do with mine. Frankly, though, they could probably do little worse against me than a Technocrat with the Yellow Pages..."

"I see, well that makes sense I guess and there would be a good idea of sealing the skin back together even if it will not cure the pain, but perhaps you should search for this method used on sea creatures of carious types as my webbing is hardly the same as human skin."
Dalisse said and looked down at her wounded hand and frowned.
He nodded, "Ah, of course... Hum, veterinarian medicine, then..."
He pondered and googled 'marine animal torn webbing treatment', and frowned, "Hum... a little less immdiately helpful... Ah, hmm... The important thing here seems to be to keep the membrane dry... keep the edges together so they might grow right. I think this is the best we can do here, with what is available. I am guessing you have already applied disinfectant?"

The Handler looked at you for a while, nervously.
He smiled calmly, his posture as unthreatening as his stocky build would allow.

Dalisse grinned a little.
"Do you really think the Fremen would let me into their desert, the Spacing Guild might be more welcoming though."
He smiled wryly, "Well, perhaps... if you were well camouflaged in a stillsuit, they might permit it... for a while. Probably not, though - but then, I am sure you could find your way there without their knowledge or explicit approval..."

The Handler smiled then she made a few elegant gestures with her hand, put one of them to her chest and then beside her you saw something, it was beautiful, it had the form of a man in a dark robe, but in his eyes you saw any destination you might be thinking about, the Avatar was a personification of travel, and while he was clearly old and hard to know, and he was also clearly Primordial, the soul did not seam to really be inverted, he was only old and belonging to the far deep. Here and there along the Avatar you saw horrid scars, someone had attacked him at one point and nearly shattered him. Dalisse gave a bit of a self conscious smile.
"Well Craftsman now you behold my soul."
She declared.
He arched an eyebrow, and nodded politely to the old soul, "I am impressed... and intrigued. No sign of corruption, just immense power and... anywhere in time and space, at your fingertips..." he added with a faint tone of reverence.

The Handler got a dark look in her eyes.
"Yes well my ship can eat just about anything Craftsman and those bastards will serve better nourishing my ship than wasting space with their foulness!"
He nodded.

Dalisse looked at you as you spoke and she was considering your words.
"It seams what you suggjest is the easiest way, perhaps the only way for me to get free and go to the deep where we belong."
She commented.
"I can also in theory control the wards and other defenses, but you have to understand the Nephandi saved me when..."
The Handler trailed of.
"Anyway the Nephandi have been my home for many centuries granted when I joined the Faction was less of a group of asshats as they are now but still, betraying them is hard for me."
She said softly.
He nodded, then looked Dalisse straight in the eyes, "I am not questioning your sense of duty, or your loyalty to the Nephandi... but after all Larson has done, usurping Griga, commandeering your ship and trying to turn an Aswadim into her pet, who is really betraying who? The world; everything that ever was, is or will be has a set time when it will cease to be - and Larson is trying to hijack the process out of some misguided desire for personal glory. Is turning the tables on her truly betraying the Nephandi anymore? The Jade Demon does not seem to think so."

"Ah the child he created...yes she is his weakness, and if you are going to strike against Jace you should do so soon for he is not in the Labyrinth, though I do not know where he is, once he is out of my domain I can tell you little."
He grinned, "We have an excellent dowser at home - a Linear master, who just the other day received a perfect pendulum for finding people with only a small tissue sample. Some of my absolutely finest work to date. Wherever he is, we will find him."

That made the Handler grin and she looked amused and she spoke with her own words.
"So you seam to be my good man...perhaps you will then be able to pull a haired brained move out of your hat to save the day as well...and get some delightfully mutated children."
He smiled, a little sadly, "My apprentice is... well, I suppose you could say I inherited her from Gabriel; the child is sweet, but her Avatar is inverted, for now. And one of my own children will be born with a Fallen Avatar. I fear the odd mutation will happen from time to time, but eventually... I don't know what my eventual fate will be - but I have every indication I will not be given more than a few decades to spend with my loved ones. Perhaps I will become a mad man in a blue box, and our paths eventually cross in the Deep, or perhaps I will do as Paul Atreides, and blind myself before walking into the desert... I don't know, and honestly, I don't want to until the time comes..."

Dalisse just nodded at that.
"The chance is slim but present Craftsman."
He grinned, "And I will always go for slim chance over none... I might have to give the odds a swift kick first, if there is time, but I won't simply give up."

Well you could see how it would be possible to change the rote to ignite the Quintessence of things found in a system and then burn them out, you saw how this was possible but you lacked the understanding of living patterns to make the final calculations if you had this knowledge though you could probably do it. Dalisse said nothing as you worked and she just observed you with those strange black eyes of hers.
He scratched his head, looking down at the equations, "No... I suppose there is a hole in my understanding yet - I don't see the interactions with living tissue, and my grasp of raw power is not yet so great as to compensate for my lack of understanding in other fields..."
He turned the page around to face Dalisse, "I don't know your Paradigm, milady, but... do these notes make any sense to you? Do you, perhaps, see the conclusion of this progression?"

((OOC: So, Prime 3 or 4 to do it without Life, then? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole took this in with silence, giving a businesslike nod in reply to the injured one. 'Thanks. I'll go and get ready, then...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "I've never been quite so concerned with that, myself... But I know the Hermetics believe it is powerful, so I am a little wary of what they might do with mine. Frankly, though, they could probably do little worse against me than a Technocrat with the Yellow Pages..."

"Well in a way the yellow pages is also a type of name magick my good man but yes there is power in names, I have used such magick myself."
The Handler said.

He nodded, "Ah, of course... Hum, veterinarian medicine, then..."
He pondered and googled 'marine animal torn webbing treatment', and frowned, "Hum... a little less immdiately helpful... Ah, hmm... The important thing here seems to be to keep the membrane dry... keep the edges together so they might grow right. I think this is the best we can do here, with what is available. I am guessing you have already applied disinfectant?"

"I have used a disinfectant yes, if you can help me glue the edges together then Craftsman I might be able to heal the rest though affecting living patterns like that are not my specialty."
She said, still a little nervous about your intentions but it was clear she did need help with her wounded and and she looked down at it and winced."

He smiled calmly, his posture as unthreatening as his stocky build would allow.

The strange creature observed you for a while then she seamed to settle down a bit.

He smiled wryly, "Well, perhaps... if you were well camouflaged in a stillsuit, they might permit it... for a while. Probably not, though - but then, I am sure you could find your way there without their knowledge or explicit approval..."

"Well finding my way have never been very hard for me."
Dalisse said and grinned.
"I might be to frail to get up on a worm though so I think going to Junction might be a better bet for me."
She said sounding amused.

He arched an eyebrow, and nodded politely to the old soul, "I am impressed... and intrigued. No sign of corruption, just immense power and... anywhere in time and space, at your fingertips..." he added with a faint tone of reverence.

"I am not Fallen, I where never from one of the groups that practiced that, now off course those groups are far gone from the Nephandi."
Dalisse said sadly.
"But yes he is travel...that is what he is."

He nodded, then looked Dalisse straight in the eyes, "I am not questioning your sense of duty, or your loyalty to the Nephandi... but after all Larson has done, usurping Griga, commandeering your ship and trying to turn an Aswadim into her pet, who is really betraying who? The world; everything that ever was, is or will be has a set time when it will cease to be - and Larson is trying to hijack the process out of some misguided desire for personal glory. Is turning the tables on her truly betraying the Nephandi anymore? The Jade Demon does not seem to think so."

"That she usurped Griga is forgivable that is how the Nephandi change leadership but she did it in cowardly way, but what she intend to try to do to one of our Oracles though, that I can not forgive."
Daliesse said and frowned then she sigh.
"Very well Craftsman, I will give your group my aid and then once freed I and my ship will leave for the deep."

He grinned, "We have an excellent dowser at home - a Linear master, who just the other day received a perfect pendulum for finding people with only a small tissue sample. Some of my absolutely finest work to date. Wherever he is, we will find him."

The Handler just nodded at that.

He smiled, a little sadly, "My apprentice is... well, I suppose you could say I inherited her from Gabriel; the child is sweet, but her Avatar is inverted, for now. And one of my own children will be born with a Fallen Avatar. I fear the odd mutation will happen from time to time,

"I see well if you have to deal with Fallen children then yes mutations might happen unless they are very careful."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"You are taking over Prelatus Gabriel's student? That is good of you."
She said and nodded approvingly

but eventually... I don't know what my eventual fate will be - but I have every indication I will not be given more than a few decades to spend with my loved ones. Perhaps I will become a mad man in a blue box, and our paths eventually cross in the Deep, or perhaps I will do as Paul Atreides, and blind myself before walking into the desert... I don't know, and honestly, I don't want to until the time comes..."

"Ahh Dr Who...I have read some of the books."
The Handler sai and smiled then she grew more serious.
"The future is a fickle ting even if we know it Craftsman but great men often burn to ash quicker than their mediocre fellows and sacrifices have to at times be made."
She commented.

He grinned, "And I will always go for slim chance over none... I might have to give the odds a swift kick first, if there is time, but I won't simply give up."

"Nor will I..."
The Skittish creature said and she smiled.

He scratched his head, looking down at the equations, "No... I suppose there is a hole in my understanding yet - I don't see the interactions with living tissue, and my grasp of raw power is not yet so great as to compensate for my lack of understanding in other fields..."
He turned the page around to face Dalisse, "I don't know your Paradigm, milady, but... do these notes make any sense to you? Do you, perhaps, see the conclusion of this progression?"

"Hum...."
Daliesse said and she took the notes.
"My Paradigms have been many things though the years, I might given time be able to make something of your notes...perhaps."

(OOC: To burn out of the ship like that Prime 4, Life at least 2 and Corr 2 and a butt ton of successes to be played up against every resistance the targets can muster it would not be an easy working.)

Nicole.

Jeffry nodded.
"As you will Miss Bouchard, I will see you later then."
He said before he entered the communications office.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:39 pm

"No they are not Sir but we have to eat vegetables if we want to grow up to be big and strong."
Jane said and sigh.
"I wish chocolate and ice cream where healthy."

"Someone should make a spell to make vegetables taste good or to make chocolate and ice cream healthy.. That would be really helpful." Serge said with a smile. "In fact their's probably already a spell for that."

Liv and Jane smiled and the two girls started making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the kitchen while they where talking between themselves in Latin."
Rosa gave you a smile and thanked you when she took the cup of juice.
"Thank you Cousin."
She said an she took a sip of it.

"No problem. Now you get some rest." Serge said as he sat down in front of the sofa next to Rosa.

"I'll be here if you need me. I'll probably just start working on that trap while I wait for our chefs to finish our main course." Serge said humorously as he pulled out his sketchbook and the silver inlaid rune set he had gotten from Mr. Bergen.

He had already started on the hypnotic black and white spiral and now needed to end the never-ending chain of runes around the outer edge. Checking with the silver inlaid rune set and just searching it up online he searched for the runes needed to spell out 'the end is never' and repeated those runes along the outer edge of the black and white hypnotic circle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Anja's Post:

A short nod in reply, then Nicole left the Chief to get done what was needed. First stop: back to the garage, and her car.

[I'm just going to post stages of 'Nicole getting ready'. Feel free to insert an NPC into it - but don't feel that you *need* to do it.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:11 pm

Serge:

"Someone should make a spell to make vegetables taste good or to make chocolate and ice cream healthy.. That would be really helpful." Serge said with a smile. "In fact their's probably already a spell for that."

"I think Master Nassa can do that with vegetables Sir, he can do just about anything with plants and I think those who study Matter can make chocolate and ice cream healthy Sir."
Jane said and smiled.

"No problem. Now you get some rest." Serge said as he sat down in front of the sofa next to Rosa.

"I will try Cousin."
The young Cultist said and she emptied her glass of juice and lay down on the sofa and closed her eyes.
"If you could watch the girls for just a little while."
She muttered softly.

"I'll be here if you need me. I'll probably just start working on that trap while I wait for our chefs to finish our main course." Serge said humorously as he pulled out his sketchbook and the silver inlaid rune set he had gotten from Mr. Bergen.

"That sounds good Serge, but please keep an eye on the girls as well."
Rosa said sleepily.

He had already started on the hypnotic black and white spiral and now needed to end the never-ending chain of runes around the outer edge. Checking with the silver inlaid rune set and just searching it up online he searched for the runes needed to spell out 'the end is never' and repeated those runes along the outer edge of the black and white hypnotic circle.

There where two ways to do this, one was with what letters the runes corresponded to and the other where was phonetically with what sound they where associated with, it was also possible to use their symbolism as a pictogram to get the meaning across.

Nicole:

As you moved to the garage you saw that quite the crowd where forming in the lobby area, probably members of other Chantries who had come to help out. You got to the garage, a handsome man with shoulder length dark hair and a work overall was bent over the engines of a little audi doing repairs as you got own there, the man did not seam to hear your approach.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:23 pm

"Well in a way the yellow pages is also a type of name magick my good man but yes there is power in names, I have used such magick myself."
The Handler said.
Colin nodded, "In a way, I suppose it is."

"I have used a disinfectant yes, if you can help me glue the edges together then Craftsman I might be able to heal the rest though affecting living patterns like that are not my specialty."
She said, still a little nervous about your intentions but it was clear she did need help with her wounded and and she looked down at it and winced."
He nodded, "Of course, in lieu of the glue in question, bandaids on either side might do the trick, to hold things in place. The most problematic part of something like that, quite frankly, is doing it all one-handed... You will be needing some help with the mundane part of it. And like I said, I am not trained in first aid of any kind, so while I am fairly confident I won't make things work when following instructions, I cannot promise I will be able to help you recover 100%."

"Well finding my way have never been very hard for me."
Dalisse said and grinned.
"I might be to frail to get up on a worm though so I think going to Junction might be a better bet for me."
She said sounding amused.
He nodded, "Probably the safest. Besides, the winds of Arrakis will likely be unhealthy for your ship, in any case... Hum, I have been in such a chamber at another time, conversing with another Handler; what I am still uncertain of is to what extent you are able to be away from this chamber. You do not precisely seem, to be honest, like the sort to wander off to the post office to pick up a package."

"I am not Fallen, I where never from one of the groups that practiced that, now off course those groups are far gone from the Nephandi."
Dalisse said sadly.
"But yes he is travel...that is what he is."
He frowned, "Implying that at one point, the Nephandi were not so corrupted and outright destructive, so much as in sync with the world's tendency to deteriorate over time... Hmmm..."

"That she usurped Griga is forgivable that is how the Nephandi change leadership but she did it in cowardly way, but what she intend to try to do to one of our Oracles though, that I can not forgive."
Daliesse said and frowned then she sigh.
"Very well Craftsman, I will give your group my aid and then once freed I and my ship will leave for the deep."
He nodded, "The King is dead, long live the King... succession by usurpation, I can understand that one, but what she has done is usurping the power while puppeteering the real leader. It's an intolerable power grab, using outsiders as catspaws..."
He nodded, "I will call my people in a few moments, then. And impress upon my Security Chief that you will be permitted to depart peacefully. My word that you are not Fallen will likely afford you some extra leniency, at that - your next incarnation may still come to join our side, then, rather than become another widderslainte..."

"I see well if you have to deal with Fallen children then yes mutations might happen unless they are very careful."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"You are taking over Prelatus Gabriel's student? That is good of you."
She said and nodded approvingly
He smiled thinly, "I made a promise to protect her from the worst outcome. Chance and fate conspired to weave our paths together in past and future - like they were in previous lives. I owe her soul a great deal - a debt I can only hope to repay in a lifetime."

"Ahh Dr Who...I have read some of the books."
The Handler sai and smiled then she grew more serious.
"The future is a fickle ting even if we know it Craftsman but great men often burn to ash quicker than their mediocre fellows and sacrifices have to at times be made."
She commented.
He grinned, "I hope to go back in time to save the lost episodes."
He nodded, more sagely, "In my last life, I was... a spectacle; something close to the pinnacle of personal achievement. With too rapid success came hubris... and a terrible fate that was only averted by an only slightly less terrible fate. I was a military man as a Sleeper - a pilot - and being prepared to sacrifice myself for the good of all is something I have been prepared for for over a quarter century. Of course I would prefer to live, but if needs be, to protect others..."

"Hum...."
Daliesse said and she took the notes.
"My Paradigms have been many things though the years, I might given time be able to make something of your notes...perhaps."
He leaned back as she took the page, and called home to Morgan, "You are welcome to the note - I will deliver the agreed-upon terms now."

((OOC: "I notice you resisted and survived my first scouring. I would like to direct your attention to the vast Quintessence reserves in the onboard Nodes and the fact that you will not be able to reach me before the second burst. Or the third. Or the fourth. Also, I can do this all day. Can you?" Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:08 pm

"I think Master Nassa can do that with vegetables Sir, he can do just about anything with plants and I think those who study Matter can make chocolate and ice cream healthy Sir."
Jane said and smiled.

"I might be able to do that too. Trick your mind into thinking vegetable are delicious." Serge mused.

"But I don't work with taste as much as I do the other senses so it might be a bit more difficult."

"I will try Cousin."
The young Cultist said and she emptied her glass of juice and lay down on the sofa and closed her eyes.
"If you could watch the girls for just a little while."
She muttered softly.
"That sounds good Serge, but please keep an eye on the girls as well."
Rosa said sleepily.

"The girls are right there. I'll be sure to watch them" Serge assured his cousin as he periodically glanced up to make sure that the girls were still there.

There where two ways to do this, one was with what letters the runes corresponded to and the other where was phonetically with what sound they where associated with, it was also possible to use their symbolism as a pictogram to get the meaning across.

Serge decided to transcribe the letters into runes phonetically, as it was difficult to symbolically represent the sentence 'the end is never'. By transcribing the sentence phonetically he made sure that the clever wordplay wasn't lost. The symbolic nature was carried within the words themselves and the never ending loop that they created.

It was the runes that helped give it that extra boost. Their was a certain, grandiose when using another language in ones magick. It made Serge feel like a wizard and made it easier to place his will and imagination into the words he wrote. It was easier to influence other people as well. Sleepers and mages alike are subconsciously more likely to believe that a drawings with an ancient language carries some sort of power rather than standard English (although English has always had it's powerful effect on others, most notably in literature). It was this sort of belief, influence and manipulation that fueled Serge's magick.

Their were only 4 words to transcribe so it wasn't difficult to find which runes corresponded to which letters and to place them together as words.

He used the runes Thurisaz (ᚦ) and Ehwaz (ᛖ) to create the word 'the' (ᚦᛖ)

He used Ehwaz (ᛖ), Naudiz (ᚾ), and Dagaz (ᛞ) to create the word 'end' (ᛖᚾᛞ)

He used Isaz(ᛁ) and Sowilo (ᛋ) to create the word 'is' (ᛁᛋ)

and lastly he used  Naudiz (ᚾ), Ehwaz (ᛖ), Wunjo (ᚹ) , Ehwaz (ᛖ), and Raido (ᚱ) to create the word 'never' (ᚾᛖᚹᛖᚱ)

Finally he had created the sentence 'the end is never' (ᚦᛖ ᛖᚾᛞ ᛁᛋ ᚾᛖᚹᛖᚱ) and inscribing it around the circle createing a never ending loop that read out as 'the end is never the end is never the end.....'

(OOC: I just wanted to make sure, can you guys see the runes that I'm typing up?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:35 pm

"It is an understandable way to think, an perhaps in some ways you where right, that if you want complete control over yourself you must also control who you interact with, but perhaps complete control is not always desirable." Narim said. "Though no one could fault your dedication."

"We all have to start somewhere."

"And now you speak like a wise man, I will heed your advice and try that the next time I hear the crystal caves sing inside of me." Narim said then he smiled.
"Perhaps we will have time for that lecture once the world have been saved."

He gave a little laugh as he said he was a wise man. "Sometimes..."

"Yeah not a problem at all, tell them to make themselves at home and again I am sorry about the puppy stuff everywhere I might have gone just a bit overboard with the amount of dog toys I bought." Ty said and he scratched his head a bit self consciously. "There is food and stuff in the fridge so just tell your friend to help themselves if there is anything they want."

He gave Ty a nod and small smile. "Thank you."

Narim sat up and he leaned on you for support for a moment he was still a bit woozy. "Sorry...ehm yeah...I am allot better though."

"Good. Do me a favor and stay that way, okay?"

"Oh yes...all the dessert."

He looked at him, amused at something that he didn't say out loud, and then away.

"I should be done here for now, if you feel up to it Master Sharaya you can sit and work, however you will have to drink plenty of liquid and look after yourself."
The doctor said before he did several hand gestures, quite different from the ones you used and done is rapid fire succession one after the other with great precession and he healed the small puncture in Narim's arm then he did the same with Ty. "Probably Miss Mudnis have been delayed by our guests who are nervous that something is going on."
Richard reassured you. "Well let us get Master Sharaya to another room and let him get cleaned up."

The look he gave Richard was concerned. "I hope you are right," he told him.

Adley you see your Mentor and Nico come back into the room, if the blood shocked Jeffry he made no sign of it at all. Nico looked pale and drawn walking around was not good for them at the moment. "Are you feeling better Master Sharaya." They asked and Narim nodded. "I am thank you Adeptus Markov." Jeffry turned to you. "Mea filius please report."

He gave Nico a concerned look and then sat up a bit at his pater's request and handed out the writing frame to him to read while he talked. "I saw them," he said with a nod to Nico, "come out of their room. Jon and I came to see why and they said there was something bad coming. We came here for help. There was the accident," he tipped his head at the frame again, so he didn't accidentally trigger Narim's fears and anyway he'd already told him what happened with Narim's phone. "I sent Jon to get help and warn you, it seemed to be taking a while so I called direct to the doctor. I heard about the problems with the prisoners and asked Mr Yager if he could help with that, which he did and now he's helping with the kids and Ms Olsen, who gave blood. My amicus contacted me twice," he said, again glancing at the writing frame. "Ms Mandis is upstairs checking our guests but I feel she should be back by now, perhaps someone should see if she's ok?" he summarized.

// I can see them, at least

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Anja's Post:

On seeing the man working on the Audi, Nicole gives a glance of professional curiosity, but nothing more - too busy. Went up to her own car, unlocked it and started to rummage inside...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:59 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "In a way, I suppose it is."

"Magick Craftsman is the name given to those things the common world view at a time recons lie beyond common human ken and ability."
The Handler said.
"But anything can be used to enforce our will upon reality."

He nodded, "Of course, in lieu of the glue in question, bandaids on either side might do the trick, to hold things in place. The most problematic part of something like that, quite frankly, is doing it all one-handed... You will be needing some help with the mundane part of it. And like I said, I am not trained in first aid of any kind, so while I am fairly confident I won't make things work when following instructions, I cannot promise I will be able to help you recover 100%."

Dalisse nodded and looked down at her hand.
"I am going to have to rely on your kindness then Craftsman, as I find that closing the wound together by myself to be hard but once it is lined up I should be able to heal it."
She said and she hesitantly took a step closer and held out her wounded, elongated hand, she was clearely not used to be touched by strangers.

He nodded, "Probably the safest. Besides, the winds of Arrakis will likely be unhealthy for your ship, in any case... Hum, I have been in such a chamber at another time, conversing with another Handler; what I am still uncertain of is to what extent you are able to be away from this chamber. You do not precisely seem, to be honest, like the sort to wander off to the post office to pick up a package."

"No that might indeed be to dry a landscape for me."
The Handler said then she looked at you.
"I can leave this chamber if I so desire, but as long as I am not here there will be little control over the ship and he can do as he pleases, which do not bother me but do bother Lady Larson quite a bit as he would be likely to attack his tormentors. I have not left in many years though."

He frowned, "Implying that at one point, the Nephandi were not so corrupted and outright destructive, so much as in sync with the world's tendency to deteriorate over time... Hmmm..."

"Yes and no. The Nephandi did not have one goal back when it was first founded, it was like the Traditions are today a way to find safety in numbers, and those magi and groups of magi who where branded as evil or infernal by their fellows came together and thus the Nephandi was born, many of these groups where heavily prosecuted and many of them where not what you would call evil we merely worshiped what other magi saw as unacceptable. However eventually two groups, the Malfean and the K'llasshaa with their idea of a Fall and of destroying the world took over the Nephandi and forced the other groups out. I am a remnant of those days left as I am since if I entered the Caul in my distress and pain it would likely make the ship panic. But I have never been either Malfean or K'llasshaa, once I was Diedne but the being I worshiped where not the Celtic Gods but Lilittu the first of the Wyck and mother to us all, however as Judeaism brand her a demon so was I called infernalist."
She said and looked away.
"And like so many others I came to the newly formed Nephandi for the protection it offered from those who had been my allies."

He nodded, "The King is dead, long live the King... succession by usurpation, I can understand that one, but what she has done is usurping the power while puppeteering the real leader. It's an intolerable power grab, using outsiders as catspaws..."

"Indeed it can not be tolerated."
Daliesse agreed.

He nodded, "I will call my people in a few moments, then. And impress upon my Security Chief that you will be permitted to depart peacefully. My word that you are not Fallen will likely afford you some extra leniency, at that - your next incarnation may still come to join our side, then, rather than become another widderslainte..."

"I will not become a widderslainte as I am not Fallen, though my Avatar carries the scars of prejudice and while the Dark Mother's path is filled with pain and suffering some things are hard to forgive, though if my next incarnation do not remember then yes perhaps she will join your side."
The Handler said bitterly.
"Very well I will be ready to assist your allies as agreed upon."
She promised.

He smiled thinly, "I made a promise to protect her from the worst outcome. Chance and fate conspired to weave our paths together in past and future - like they were in previous lives. I owe her soul a great deal - a debt I can only hope to repay in a lifetime."

"She was a friend in your earlier life then, a friend you betrayed?"
The Handler said then she nodded again.
"I have no doubt you will treat her fair and kindly Craftsman."

He grinned, "I hope to go back in time to save the lost episodes."

"I am afraid I do not watch TV much but good luck with that."

He nodded, more sagely, "In my last life, I was... a spectacle; something close to the pinnacle of personal achievement. With too rapid success came hubris... and a terrible fate that was only averted by an only slightly less terrible fate. I was a military man as a Sleeper - a pilot - and being prepared to sacrifice myself for the good of all is something I have been prepared for for over a quarter century. Of course I would prefer to live, but if needs be, to protect others..."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"That are a noble idea Craftsman."
She agreed.
"You are a pilot, you fly the machines I have heard about sleepers having now then?"
She asked.

He leaned back as she took the page, and called home to Morgan, "You are welcome to the note - I will deliver the agreed-upon terms now."

"I thank you Craftsman."
Dalisse said as she studied the note.

Jeffry took the phone when you called.
"Yes it is I."

Serge:

"I might be able to do that too. Trick your mind into thinking vegetable are delicious." Serge mused.

"But I don't work with taste as much as I do the other senses so it might be a bit more difficult."

"That would be good as well Sir and is it not just a matter of practice?"
Jane asked happily.

"The girls are right there. I'll be sure to watch them" Serge assured his cousin as he periodically glanced up to make sure that the girls were still there.

The girls where still making sandwiches and putting them on plates then they came over to you and offered you one.
"Would you like some food Sir?"
Jane asked then she glanced at Rosa but the young Cultist where already sleeping.

Serge decided to transcribe the letters into runes phonetically, as it was difficult to symbolically represent the sentence 'the end is never'. By transcribing the sentence phonetically he made sure that the clever wordplay wasn't lost. The symbolic nature was carried within the words themselves and the never ending loop that they created.

Your effort and imagination went into what you where writing and the runes both had the effect of being another language to work with, a magickal language with the mental effect that gave and being imbued with power by centuries of use.

(OOC: I see them at least and for the work you have put into this I will give you minus 2 in diff for rolling for the effect of the trap, good work.)

Adley:

"We all have to start somewhere."

The Virtual Adept nodded at that.

He gave a little laugh as he said he was a wise man. "Sometimes..."

Narim gave you a warm smile at that.

He gave Ty a nod and small smile. "Thank you."

Ty shrugged.
"Not a problem at all."

"Good. Do me a favor and stay that way, okay?"

"I will do my very best if you try the same Adley."
Narim said and he gave you a concerned look not enjoying that you where going out to fight the Nephandi but also knowing that you must.

He looked at him, amused at something that he didn't say out loud, and then away.

The Virtual Adept gave you an amused smile.

The look he gave Richard was concerned. "I hope you are right," he told him.

"So do I."
Richard said.
"But if we assume foul play every time someone is delayed we will quickly go quite mad."

He gave Nico a concerned look

"The girls are being taken care of by...oh what did he say his name was...ah yes Mr Yager that's it."
Nico informed you, they looked rather pale and drawn now and Richard hurried over to check on the rebis.

and then sat up a bit at his pater's request and handed out the writing frame to him to read while he talked. "I saw them," he said with a nod to Nico, "come out of their room. Jon and I came to see why and they said there was something bad coming. We came here for help. There was the accident," he tipped his head at the frame again, so he didn't accidentally trigger Narim's fears and anyway he'd already told him what happened with Narim's phone. "I sent Jon to get help and warn you, it seemed to be taking a while so I called direct to the doctor. I heard about the problems with the prisoners and asked Mr Yager if he could help with that, which he did and now he's helping with the kids and Ms Olsen, who gave blood. My amicus contacted me twice," he said, again glancing at the writing frame. "Ms Mandis is upstairs checking our guests but I feel she should be back by now, perhaps someone should see if she's ok?" he summarized.

Jeffry frowned and read what you had written then he nodded and handed you the writing frame back.
"I think I have more of a grasp of what have happened now yes and it is not good news."
He said and gave Narim a concerned look.
"We are going to have to act now, we have the girl we spoke about..."
He said then he turned to Richard.
"I would like you to go to the cafeteria there is a small girl child there I will need a sample of her blood and a bit of her hair, be as gentle as you can but get it, then once you have it ask Mrs Von Hess to dowse for this Prelatus Wallace Jace."
He ordered. Richard looked at Narim and then at you and nodded.
"Yes Sir."
He told your Mentor then he asked you.
"Can you help Master Sharaya to Mr Smithson's room and I will be back up here shortly. And Nico please go back to my room and rest your wounds are bleeding and with your freshly healed head wound you should be in bed resting."
He said and Nico nodded.
"Ok...ok I will go unless there is more need for me."
Ty chimed in.
"I can help Adeptus Markov to Dr Lee's apartment and then head upstairs and look for Miss Mundis if you want, I did donate blood but I feel fine."
Richard sigh.
"Very well, but once you are done get something to eat and drink and sit down if you feel feint."
Ty nodded.
"Will do Doc."

Nicole:

On seeing the man working on the Audi, Nicole gives a glance of professional curiosity, but nothing more - too busy. Went up to her own car, unlocked it and started to rummage inside...

It seamed like he was just repairing the car, pulling out some blown plugs and replacing them with new ones. You got to your own car and started rummaging, the man repairing the audi still did not seam to hear you there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:03 am

A little nod on realising what the man was apparently doing; she couldn't really respect a guy who couldn't do something so simple. Or a girl, for that matter. Started to locate the items she was going to need, began to shove them into her backpack, realised they weren't going to all fit, decided to take the whole damn crate with her instead. So moved the stuff around so she could get the thing out of the trunk.

[Yeah, I see the runes too, for what it's worth]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next