Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 9 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:00 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30 PM]
"Well you are the man who came here to a labyrinth to speak with it's handler alone, I can imagine you can be a bit of a stress factor for your leaders."
Daliss said sounding a bit amused.
Colin grinned roguishly, "Well, I can hardly dispute that. He was quite reluctant to allow it, but he could not fault my reasoning for going."

"There are many holes on this ship."
The spirt whispered on the light breeze.
He pondered, "I speak not of holes in the ship, but holes in your bindings..."

"A storm of sadness and despair roam these halls, a wind that should not be, made of pain and scream and the pieces of nothingness that should never be."
The Air elemental whispered.
He frowned, then stared blankly for a moment, "If I know my friend right, he's right in the middle of that storm even now, trying to soothe the pain, silence the scream and fill the nothingness with somethingness... Can you help him countering that ill wind with a good wind? That should not directly harm anyone living in this place."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 9 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:56 am

[Adley and Nicole] Jeffry's strike team at the Labyrinth 2 30 in the afternoon.)

Suddenly, even as he missed a good shot, he was blown away like nothing more than a tumbleweed. He kept a hold of his weapon as best he could. Soon enough Violet others soon joined him in being bowled over. "'Maxwell' can't target us all of us at once," he said in an irritated tone as he was recovering from being blown about. He was fast, yes and there was whatever was on it's way, yes but it wasn't here yet. Bullets wouldn't work, they were being blown about, and a wind was on its way. It was some type of air spell probably an ongoing one or ongoing focus through the straw man. He decided to try to target the spellwork itself then instead of the man, focusing on rebuilding the normal primal structure of the air using the counterspelling technique he and Colin had used on the wind wall previously. He projected his voice as loudly as he could, trying to fill the chamber they were in and beyond where that wind was coming from with words calling upon the Name of the Power of the cavalry cross angel's Enochian Name, he who protected the Air of the Air...a request to come lend them aid to put things right his domain.

Resisting the urge to either curl up or just stay down, Nicole pulled herself up off the floor, perhaps moving to a wall or pillar for support/partial wind cover.

The wall you leaned against where soft, warm andsquishy and your right hand where leaning agaisnt an eye, but at least it gave you something solid to hold you up by. Thorn moved towards you.
"Will you accept me working on healing your wounds Miss while you try to shoot the bloody Nephandi?"
The Verbena requested before he was thrown to the floor by another gust of wind and had to struggle back onto his feet.

You both had a feeling of something wrong coming your way, Nicole you get the feeling of some shit about to happen while Adley will feel something that can just be described as unholy approcing, making his Avatar shift uneasilly in his soul. Nicole's Avatar though seamed to just not give that much of a shit.

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse in the Labyrinth at 2:30 in the afternoon.)

Colin grinned roguishly, "Well, I can hardly dispute that. He was quite reluctant to allow it, but he could not fault my reasoning for going."

"Yes I can imagine that your ideas mage your superiors rather uneasy but at the same time they are to good to just ignore, therefore the frustration."
Dalisse said and grinned.

He pondered, "I speak not of holes in the ship, but holes in your bindings..."

"I am not bound by holes I am bound by words and magick."
The spirit said in a tone of voice that said she thought you might be a bit of a stupid human.

He frowned, then stared blankly for a moment, "If I know my friend right, he's right in the middle of that storm even now, trying to soothe the pain, silence the scream and fill the nothingness with somethingness... Can you help him countering that ill wind with a good wind? That should not directly harm anyone living in this place."

"I can do this, I will go to your friend and find the mage working countermagick at the moment."
The air elemental said and...vanished. Dalisse though still looked very concerned about the whole thing.

[Serge] (Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2:30 in the afternoon.)

"Oh no I technically lost that fight horribly." Serge said with a sad shake of his head. "I did manage to save the lighthouse keepers family but I didn't beat the bandit sorceress. The sorceress....had some harsh words for me and managed to dodge all of my sword swings. I only managed to get one hit on her." Serge said remembering the scene vividly.

"That must have been frustrating Cousin, though then again as long as the hostages where saved that is the important part is it not?"
Rosa said.

"But the lesson didn't involve winning the fight. The lesson was realizing that just because I'm not some well-known hero doesn't mean I can't do any good in the world." The lesson had been a bit more complicated than that, but Serge didn't feel like going into his own flaws in too much detail.

"Sounds like that Avatar of yours is pretty smart...for you do good in the world Cousing you are a good man."
The other young Cultist said and gave you a pat on the shoulder.

"Than you fail." Serge said bluntly with a shrug of his shoulders. "And you try again later. I nearly failed mine as well. It's not so easy to give up a life of fame and glory."

"No I suspect that is true, it would not be an easy thing to give up. I do hope that when the time comes for me to have a Seeking that I will not fail though."
Rosa said then she sigh.
"And it sounds like your Avatar will be pretty brutal in getting a mage to look at his or her flaws."

"Yeah I'm fine. It just feels like I've swung a sword a thousand times." Serge assured the young girl as he took the drink and drank it happily.

"Is that like swinging a skipping rope Sir? For I can jump 150 times without missing a jump."
Jane asked proudly.

"Behold my power!" Serge boasted humorously like an over the top evil necromancer. "Of changing room colors! Fear me!"

The girls giggeled.
"Well you could turn someone's room a horrid color, that would be worth fearing Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled then she turned serious and looked down.
"You are affecting our minds are you not Sir?"
She asked softly and a bit uneasily.

(OOC: Again I am sorry for my late reply. I have not been feeling well likely, the hormone problems I had late last year are flaring up again or rather the plant estrogen I thought had fixed the problem no longer seam to be effective so I am having a problem with fatuige, migraines and anxiety so I might end up being a bit slow posting until I can fix it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:46 am

"That must have been frustrating Cousin, though then again as long as the hostages where saved that is the important part is it not?"
Rosa said.

Serge chuckled a bit at the statement. "It's funny. That was one of the problems that my Avatar had with me. The fact that in that world I would always look for some grandiose way of solving the problem. Rescuing hostages in distress, or taking down a dragon. He wanted me to focus on the impacts of the smaller things. The things everyone forgets about."

"Sounds like that Avatar of yours is pretty smart...for you do good in the world Cousing you are a good man."
The other young Cultist said and gave you a pat on the shoulder.

"Yeah but it can be hard to see it at times. Especially after hearing what everyone else is doing." Serge said softly. "But I'll learn to be proud of the little things."

"No I suspect that is true, it would not be an easy thing to give up. I do hope that when the time comes for me to have a Seeking that I will not fail though."
Rosa said then she sigh.
"And it sounds like your Avatar will be pretty brutal in getting a mage to look at his or her flaws."

"Oh don't worry you won't fail." Serge said confidently. "I"m sure that when you inevitably pass out while playing the violin, you'll get past whatever freaky shit your Avatar throws at you."

"Is that like swinging a skipping rope Sir? For I can jump 150 times without missing a jump."
Jane asked proudly.

"150 times!" Serge exclaimed clearly impressed. "I can't even do a hundred! Hell I get tired walking from place to place. How'd you manage 150 jumps?"

The girls giggeled.
"Well you could turn someone's room a horrid color, that would be worth fearing Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled then she turned serious and looked down.
"You are affecting our minds are you not Sir?"
She asked softly and a bit uneasily.

Serge looked at Yu Die, noticing her change in expression and remembering her troubles. "I am. That's why it's a lot harder for me than usual. Their's a lot of people in this room." he said truthfully.

"Hope you don't mind. Just a bit harmless fun. I can change it to something else if you want. Do you have any requests?" he added in a kind voice knowing that Yu Die had seen the uglier side of mind magick firsthand. He hoped this display would show her the more fun side of his magickal specialty.

(OOC: No problem Anja. Hope you feel better soon.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:16 am

Serge chuckled a bit at the statement. "It's funny. That was one of the problems that my Avatar had with me. The fact that in that world I would always look for some grandiose way of solving the problem. Rescuing hostages in distress, or taking down a dragon. He wanted me to focus on the impacts of the smaller things. The things everyone forgets about."

"Yes I can see that being the issue for you. In many ways we are oposites, my parents where often traveling with the airline company they work for so I had to care for myself allot of the time and I had to learn to be responsible and practical from a young age, perhaps a little to much so."
Rosa said and nodded.
"But you...seam to at times be so caught up with the cool and the grandiose that you loose track of the practical and it's value."

"Yeah but it can be hard to see it at times. Especially after hearing what everyone else is doing." Serge said softly. "But I'll learn to be proud of the little things."

"You do allot Serge, you have impressive abilities and right now what we can do is keep these girls safe and happy until this all ugly bussiness with the Nephandi are over."
You Cousin said and nodded.

"Oh don't worry you won't fail." Serge said confidently. "I"m sure that when you inevitably pass out while playing the violin, you'll get past whatever freaky shit your Avatar throws at you."

The young Cultist gave you a slight smile.
"Thank you I hope you are right Serge."

"150 times!" Serge exclaimed clearly impressed. "I can't even do a hundred! Hell I get tired walking from place to place. How'd you manage 150 jumps?"

"I jump allot of skip rope."
Jane replied and shrugged.
"And then I got better at it."

Serge looked at Yu Die, noticing her change in expression and remembering her troubles. "I am. That's why it's a lot harder for me than usual. Their's a lot of people in this room." he said truthfully.

"Hope you don't mind. Just a bit harmless fun. I can change it to something else if you want. Do you have any requests?" he added in a kind voice knowing that Yu Die had seen the uglier side of mind magick firsthand. He hoped this display would show her the more fun side of his magickal specialty.

"No...no it is quite ok Sir."
Yu Die said nervously.
"I guess this do no harm really. The orange is fine though, I do not need anything else."
She said and shook her head, still looking down sadly.

(OOC: Thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:01 am

The definition of an 'ill wind' was on it's way, he could feel it - something profane. His avatar didn't seem to like it either, which was enough of a warning for him. Provided what he was doing was having some effect, he continued working unabated to try to stop it, focusing on the counterspelling...

// Feel better soon, I hope!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:36 am

"Yes I can imagine that your ideas mage your superiors rather uneasy but at the same time they are to good to just ignore, therefore the frustration."
Dalisse said and grinned.
Colin grimaced, "Well, I will admit, my ideas are not always good, but they've certainly tended to be adequately serviceable... I received quite the talking to after meeting a Technocrat alone at the Umbra Port. But I did get some good intel from it, so it was at least partly forgiven..."

"I am not bound by holes I am bound by words and magick."
The spirit said in a tone of voice that said she thought you might be a bit of a stupid human.
He smiled, "You are bound by words, formulated by a mortal. The mortal imprecision means there's likely to be imperfections in the orders - gaps between what you absolutely can and absolutely cannot do under the terms of the bindings."

"I can do this, I will go to your friend and find the mage working countermagick at the moment."
The air elemental said and...vanished. Dalisse though still looked very concerned about the whole thing.
He nodded and whispered a quick "Thank you" to the spirit, then looked up at Dalisse, "Do you think I had the right idea there? Or did I just make a very bad mistake?"
He frowned, "Or do you suspect something even worse about to happen?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Colin grimaced, "Well, I will admit, my ideas are not always good, but they've certainly tended to be adequately serviceable... I received quite the talking to after meeting a Technocrat alone at the Umbra Port. But I did get some good intel from it, so it was at least partly forgiven..."

"Well I can imagine that would make your leaders worried about you yes."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"But sometimes a bit of risk is worth it for some good information."

He smiled, "You are bound by words, formulated by a mortal. The mortal imprecision means there's likely to be imperfections in the orders - gaps between what you absolutely can and absolutely cannot do under the terms of the bindings."

"Yes human speech is impresise. I am bound by the order to serve the woman who call herself Lisa Larson and harm no one who belong in the Labyrinth."
The air elemental replied.

He nodded and whispered a quick "Thank you" to the spirit, then looked up at Dalisse, "Do you think I had the right idea there? Or did I just make a very bad mistake?"
He frowned, "Or do you suspect something even worse about to happen?"

"Well sending the air elemental to help your friends are probably a good idea, as for what is wrong...I am not sure but I think it will involve more esoteric Arts...and there is a darkness in it, a darkness that scares me."
Dalisse said and frowned.

[Adley and Nicole] Jeffry's strike team at the Labyrinth 2 30 in the afternoon.)

(OOC: I was just about to ask if you had missed my post and then I noticed that It seams that for some reason I missed the section I had written for Adley, sorry I will re write it.)

You work on countering the straw man's spell, you felt the pressence of the entity you called for, both beside you and inside you in your own microcosmos, the problem was that while your magick was well woven, elegant even, some of the best work you had done all day it still felt like pouring a glass of water onto a bonfire, trying to interfare with the straw man's spell did not feel quite as impossible as with the slaver Lily, that had felt like ramming your head against a stone but this man was still far more powerful than you where. Suddenly there where a new pressence beside you, a slight, warm breeze that did not feel like it came from the straw man. You heard a soft voice next to you, as delicate as yours where loud.
"The flying man with the face that have changed through the now sent me to help, I can harm no one that belong in the Labyrinth, but I can assist you now that Larson's hold on me grow weaker."
The breeze whispered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:24 pm

"Yes I can see that being the issue for you. In many ways we are oposites, my parents where often traveling with the airline company they work for so I had to care for myself allot of the time and I had to learn to be responsible and practical from a young age, perhaps a little to much so."
Rosa said and nodded.
"But you...seam to at times be so caught up with the cool and the grandiose that you loose track of the practical and it's value."

"Funny...the same thing happened to me too. My dad was a computer engineer and my mom was nurse who liked to work a bit too much. They were barely at home so as long as I was healthy and not in jail my parents were content to leave me to my own devices. I could do whatever I wanted." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"No...no it is quite ok Sir."
Yu Die said nervously.
"I guess this do no harm really. The orange is fine though, I do not need anything else."
She said and shook her head, still looking down sadly.

Serge nodded. He knew he couldn't reverse the trauma that Yu Die had suffered, at least not immediately. It would take time, but he was content with just doing small things to slowly ease Yu Die into it.

"How about the rest of you girls. Do you guys want to see anything else. Remember I can make you guys see anything. With a bit of effort I could probably turn this room into a forest." Serge asked the other mage girls.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Anja's Post:

'Bullet in guts-' Nicole stated to Thorn, just before he went over. Using the wall to lean on, she attempted to ignore the feelings of impending dread and opened fire on the straw-weaving guy. As fast as possible; even if they didn't hit, they may distract him from whatever hocus-pocus he was doing...

[Attempting 'Deadaim']

[Don't worry, take your time.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:54 pm

"Funny...the same thing happened to me too. My dad was a computer engineer and my mom was nurse who liked to work a bit too much. They were barely at home so as long as I was healthy and not in jail my parents were content to leave me to my own devices. I could do whatever I wanted." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"I could never do whatever I wanted and I never felt abandoned for the time we did spend together growing up where good and I am close with my parents today but I was expected to be responsible and I guess that...being overweight I took on a good girl persona, trying to make up for being less attractive on the outside by being dutiful and trying to make others like me that way."
Rosa said and sigh.
"Not that my parents ever complained about my weight but you know."

Serge nodded. He knew he couldn't reverse the trauma that Yu Die had suffered, at least not immediately. It would take time, but he was content with just doing small things to slowly ease Yu Die into it.

"How about the rest of you girls. Do you guys want to see anything else. Remember I can make you guys see anything. With a bit of effort I could probably turn this room into a forest." Serge asked the other mage girls.

"I would like to see a big fat cat...with angle wings Sir."
Cava said and grinned.
"What about pretty dresses?"
Jane asked. Liv said something and Jane translated.
"She asks if you can make a JRPG style summoning circle on the floor."
Yu Die said nothing she just looked down nervously.

Bullet in guts-' Nicole stated to Thorn, just before he went over. Using the wall to lean on, she attempted to ignore the feelings of impending dread and opened fire on the straw-weaving guy. As fast as possible; even if they didn't hit, they may distract him from whatever hocus-pocus he was doing...

"Yeah...I hate it when that happens."
Thorn muttered as he got to his feet grunting a bit making it unclear if he meant bullets in the guts or being blown around like debris by the strawman. The Verbena braced himself against the wall and started to carve a symbol into the palm of his right hand then he gently put his palm against your abdoment, at first it burned pretty badly but then you head the bullet fall to the ground and the pain subsided leaving only a bruised sorceness behind.

You aimed at the strawman and again the bullets never reached him but he did look away from Adley to glare at you.
"I will cook and eat your liver in front of you."
He declared and then started with a series of less savory promises as his still living allies fought with the rest of your party trying desperatly to stay alive.

(OOC: And you can remove all your damage, leaving just a bit of soreness which is just for flavor and have no stat wise effect, it is more that the freshly healed tissue are fresh and needs to set and might be a bit swollen.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:08 pm

"I would like to see a big fat cat...with angle wings Sir."
Cava said and grinned.
"What about pretty dresses?"
Jane asked. Liv said something and Jane translated.
"She asks if you can make a JRPG style summoning circle on the floor."
Yu Die said nothing she just looked down nervously.

"All right, let's go one at a time." Serge said with a smile as he got off of the sofa and went towards the large pile of papers that were used for the story.

"Let's start with Cava's. A large fat cat with angel wings. Let's make him really fluffy with large feathery wings sprouting out of his back." Serge said slowly drawing the image he planned on projecting into the minds of the young girls.

"Instead of orange let's make him....pink. Just like Princess Katie's sword" Serge decided as he began coloring in the cat. As he drew he envisioned the cat he wanted everyone to see. A Friendly looking pink fat cat flying around their heads. Eventually landing to clean itself and purr softly at the nearest person who Serge envisioned as Yu Die, remembering how she had mentioned liking fat cats.

Just as he had done many times before, he used the drawing as a gateway from his mind into the mind of others, so that they could see the flying cat as well. A cat that seemed to real that it was hard to tell the difference besides the fact that it was pink.

(OOC: Mind 3 Arete roll to alter the already existing illusion that the girls are seeing to include a fat cat with angel wings flying around the room.

Arete Rolls: 7, 3, 2, 10 - 5, 6, 3, 2 - 4, 8, 6, 6)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:41 pm

You work on countering the straw man's spell, you felt the pressence of the entity you called for, both beside you and inside you in your own microcosmos, the problem was that while your magick was well woven, elegant even, some of the best work you had done all day it still felt like pouring a glass of water onto a bonfire, trying to interfare with the straw man's spell did not feel quite as impossible as with the slaver Lily, that had felt like ramming your head against a stone but this man was still far more powerful than you where.

Damn but this man must be a Master himself, or close...he could feel sweat from exertion all over him and yet the spell was not budging much if at all. Tired, the pain he could not feel was still there. Perhaps the spell was already half made...perhaps it was the Aswadim on that wind...no, the thought was not welcome. For some reason, the next thought was of the man that had been the messenger, a student from his school, and then dead. He was not sure why he thought of him then. But as he chanted out, it was clear he needed help. He closed up the round of counterspell he was working on, then said, "We need to stop that wind-spell he's calling down, it's strong..."

Suddenly there where a new pressence beside you, a slight, warm breeze that did not feel like it came from the straw man. You heard a soft voice next to you, as delicate as yours where loud. "The flying man with the face that have changed through the now sent me to help, I can harm no one that belong in the Labyrinth, but I can assist you now that Larson's hold on me grow weaker."

He was surprised by the sudden sound next to him - it took him a second to process it was probably the wind elemental, Glava. Colin had found her somehow and sent her. Thank goodness. "Thank you friend! We need to stop that man from using his wind-controls to harm us and stop that wind coming..." he said in Enochian.

'Bullet in guts-' Nicole stated to Thorn, just before he went over. Using the wall to lean on, she attempted to ignore the feelings of impending dread and opened fire on the straw-weaving guy. As fast as possible; even if they didn't hit, they may distract him from whatever hocus-pocus he was doing..
You aimed at the strawman and again the bullets never reached him but he did look away from Adley to glare at you. "I will cook and eat your liver in front of you." He declared and then started with a series of less savory promises as his still living allies fought with the rest of your party trying desperatly to stay alive.

He saw the Nephandus look away towards Nicole as she took a shot at him. This time instead of trying to shoot at him he tried to grab the strawman out from his hand, or at least dislodge it, much in the same way Fisher had gone fishing for vampires in Chicago but using the correct hand gestures and Latin words instead of a wand.

// Forces 3: 7, 5, 8 +1WP

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:12 pm

"Well I can imagine that would make your leaders worried about you yes."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"But sometimes a bit of risk is worth it for some good information."
Colin nodded, "And in that case, the intel served to rescue a child's life and Avatar - the daughter of miss Brønnerud, in fact. A sweet girl, to be certain, and not deserving of what she has been put through... or what she is about to go through."

"Yes human speech is impresise. I am bound by the order to serve the woman who call herself Lisa Larson and harm no one who belong in the Labyrinth."
The air elemental replied.
He nodded, "So we find a solution which does not directly harm anyone."

"Well sending the air elemental to help your friends are probably a good idea, as for what is wrong...I am not sure but I think it will involve more esoteric Arts...and there is a darkness in it, a darkness that scares me."
He frowned, "Oh, dear... not the Aswadim, I hope, or anything that attacks anyone's Avatars or magic ability directly?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Damn but this man must be a Master himself, or close...he could feel sweat from exertion all over him and yet the spell was not budging much if at all. Tired, the pain he could not feel was still there. Perhaps the spell was already half made...perhaps it was the Aswadim on that wind...no, the thought was not welcome. For some reason, the next thought was of the man that had been the messenger, a student from his school, and then dead. He was not sure why he thought of him then. But as he chanted out, it was clear he needed help. He closed up the round of counterspell he was working on, then said, "We need to stop that wind-spell he's calling down, it's strong..."

Theodora and Francis nodded and went to help you, Francis' magick you had felt before, changing Dymanic but very focused. Theodora was wilder but there was something hard in her Rsesonance as if she was a weapon herself ready to strike, witht the help of the two other hermetics things went easier and perhaps you made the Straw Man work a bit but you and the two other Hermetics who where following along with your ritual still did have enough power to overpower him, the man where clearly an acomplished mage, which made whatever he had planned with that wind even more worrysome.

He was surprised by the sudden sound next to him - it took him a second to process it was probably the wind elemental, Glava. Colin had found her somehow and sent her. Thank goodness. "Thank you friend! We need to stop that man from using his wind-controls to harm us and stop that wind coming..." he said in Enochian.

"I can not harm him, my bonds keep me from doing so, but I can try to slow the wind that is coming...the wind that should not be."
The air elemental said and you could feel her displeasure at that wind.
"The spell is cast and despair is coming...but I can slow it's progress human with what i can't touch inside."
She offered.

He saw the Nephandus look away towards Nicole as she took a shot at him. This time instead of trying to shoot at him he tried to grab the strawman out from his hand, or at least dislodge it, much in the same way Fisher had gone fishing for vampires in Chicago but using the correct hand gestures and Latin words instead of a wand.

It was not a complicated spell, Rego Auram I control air, commanding air itself to harden into a hand and grab the little straw figure from the nephandus' hand...and it worked, this was something the Master of the Art clearly had not expected that someone would take his foci away and he looked like a kid who had lost his lollipop for a moment before he desperatly started searching his pockets for more straw.
"Shit...now I can't control it...it will come for us all!"
He hissed suddenly terrified.

"All right, let's go one at a time." Serge said with a smile as he got off of the sofa and went towards the large pile of papers that were used for the story.

"Let's start with Cava's. A large fat cat with angel wings. Let's make him really fluffy with large feathery wings sprouting out of his back." Serge said slowly drawing the image he planned on projecting into the minds of the young girls.

"Yeah...a big...fluffy cat...with wings and she is all pink!"
Caca said exitedly and started dancing around the room.

"Instead of orange let's make him....pink. Just like Princess Katie's sword" Serge decided as he began coloring in the cat. As he drew he envisioned the cat he wanted everyone to see. A Friendly looking pink fat cat flying around their heads. Eventually landing to clean itself and purr softly at the nearest person who Serge envisioned as Yu Die, remembering how she had mentioned liking fat cats.

Just as he had done many times before, he used the drawing as a gateway from his mind into the mind of others, so that they could see the flying cat as well. A cat that seemed to real that it was hard to tell the difference besides the fact that it was pink.

What you noticed as you drew was that magick was far easier now, it just flowed so much more effortlessly and soon a large, fat, pink, flying cat with angle wings where gliding around the room with the little mage girls running after her trying to catch her before she slanded on Yu Die's shoulder, you even got a smile from the reserved young Akashic at that. Rosa smiled to you and walked over to you and whispered.
"See you do important things you use your magick to make children happy."
She said approvingly.

Colin nodded, "And in that case, the intel served to rescue a child's life and Avatar - the daughter of miss Brønnerud, in fact. A sweet girl, to be certain, and not deserving of what she has been put through... or what she is about to go through."

"No I...heard about Miss Brønnerud's plans for her daugther, such a horrible thing poor child I am glad you managed to save her from such a fate, no mage deserves that and a child least of all."
Dalisse said softly.
"Taking the risk to get that information was indeed worth it then."

He nodded, "So we find a solution which does not directly harm anyone."

"I can try to slow the wind that should not be that is fouling my domain."
The air elemental mushed.
"Stop it I can not do but slow it down I can and it do not contridict my orders."

He frowned, "Oh, dear... not the Aswadim, I hope, or anything that attacks anyone's Avatars or magic ability directly?"

"No not the Aswadim, he have not gotten involved and rather observe quietly, I expected as much as for Avatars and magickal abilities, I do not know...I do not know exactly what is summoned but it is not good."

(OOC: Again sorry for being a bit slow today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Anja's Post:

A slight wince on seeing Thorn cutting into himself, focused on looking at the enemies instead. A little grunt of pain from the burning, eyes flicked down on seeing the round on the floor.

[Best not have messed up any of Nicole's ink when healing!]

Anja's Post:

Slight disappointment on seeing the bullet epic fail, but was expected. A widening grin on seeing at very least Strawman was looking at her. The kind of grin which usually spelt trouble for the viewer...

In one movement, Nicole pushed herself off the wall and launched herself towards Strawman - clearly the large woman had decided to break the impasse by performing a one-person charge. If there's enough time she'll quickly shove the rifle in her left hand, freeing the right for action. If the Asian woman is between her and Strawman, she'll get a swift kick in the head unless completely lying down on the floor.

Knee, rifle butt, boot, fist or a simple body slam, it didn't matter; the goal was to get Strawman to quit pissing about with his hocus-pocus and deal with a bulky figure coming right for him. With any luck, her first move will knock him down...

[No worries about posting rate; I've been busy today myself...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:53 pm

What you noticed as you drew was that magick was far easier now, it just flowed so much more effortlessly and soon a large, fat, pink, flying cat with angle wings where gliding around the room with the little mage girls running after her trying to catch her before she slanded on Yu Die's shoulder, you even got a smile from the reserved young Akashic at that. Rosa smiled to you and walked over to you and whispered.
"See you do important things you use your magick to make children happy."
She said approvingly.

"This is a lot easier now." Serge said as he felt his magick flowing more freely. He flexed his finger as his hands began to cramp. After speed drawing half of a epic fantasy tale and swinging a sword a hundred times his hands weren't really in the best shape. He didn't mention it to Rosa, not wanting her to worry any more than she had to.

"Now let's go on to Jane's request. You wanted a bunch of pretty dresses right? I have an interesting idea for that..."

Serge than pulled a fresh page from the art supplies and began to draw in a small portion of it. He drew himself in a dashing tuxedo and with sunglasses on, looking very much like a British spy ready to take down a terrorist organization from within. Afterwards he gave the paper to the girls and said, "Draw what type of dress you want to be wearing. Your artistic ability doesn't matter but make sure you have a clear mental image of what type of dress you want to be wearing."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:09 pm

"No I...heard about Miss Brønnerud's plans for her daugther, such a horrible thing poor child I am glad you managed to save her from such a fate, no mage deserves that and a child least of all."
Dalisse said softly.
"Taking the risk to get that information was indeed worth it then."
Colin nodded, "And in a short while, she will lose her mother, and possibly her father, too, unless we can manage to get him a suspended sentence for collaborating... I'm not too optimistic about his chances, but perhaps my role as the arresting officer will lend some minor weight to his defense, all the same..."

"I can try to slow the wind that should not be that is fouling my domain."
The air elemental mushed.
"Stop it I can not do but slow it down I can and it do not contridict my orders."
He nodded, "Then I hope for your success in cleansing your domain."

"No not the Aswadim, he have not gotten involved and rather observe quietly, I expected as much as for Avatars and magickal abilities, I do not know...I do not know exactly what is summoned but it is not good."
He pondered, then frowned, "Well, bugger... it could fathomably be that bastard from the swamp again, a horrid thing that turned our own minds and morals against us... That one nearly got us all killed..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:10 am

Theodora and Francis nodded and went to help you, Francis' magick you had felt before, changing Dymanic but very focused. Theodora was wilder but there was something hard in her Rsesonance as if she was a weapon herself ready to strike, witht the help of the two other hermetics things went easier and perhaps you made the Straw Man work a bit but you and the two other Hermetics who where following along with your ritual still did have enough power to overpower him, the man where clearly an acomplished mage, which made whatever he had planned with that wind even more worrysome.

It wasn't going to be enough, even the three of them...maybe if he could get his pater, but he was busy with something else...and by then it might be too late.

"I can not harm him, my bonds keep me from doing so, but I can try to slow the wind that is coming...the wind that should not be." The air elemental said and you could feel her displeasure at that wind. "The spell is cast and despair is coming...but I can slow it's progress human with what i can't touch inside."

"Yes, please do that...how can we stop it?"

he looked like a kid who had lost his lollipop for a moment before he desperatly started searching his pockets for more straw. "Shit...now I can't control it...it will come for us all!" He hissed suddenly terrified.
In one movement, Nicole pushed herself off the wall and launched herself towards Strawman - clearly the large woman had decided to break the impasse by performing a one-person charge

"Then banish it! Try to control it again and you'll regret it more than you do right now!" he said. Truly, it wasn't what he'd thought would be the outcome - he'd thought he'd simply lose focus, the spell would fail and disperse but no...apparently he'd leveled the playing field but it was a wild pitch. Now everyone was in danger. Suddenly, out of left field Nicole was bum rushing him. He wasn't getting another shot at gaining control over it that way...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:53 am

"This is a lot easier now." Serge said as he felt his magick flowing more freely. He flexed his finger as his hands began to cramp. After speed drawing half of a epic fantasy tale and swinging a sword a hundred times his hands weren't really in the best shape. He didn't mention it to Rosa, not wanting her to worry any more than she had to.

"Well it is all impressive to me since all I can do is sort of know the time and how old something is, but I am glad your magick is easier now."
Rosa said then she rumaged through her purse and produced a small white pot.
"Here, I got it from Master Nassa it is a herbal cream I use it when I have long practices and my fingers get tired."
She said as she had clearly seen you flexing your fingers.

"Now let's go on to Jane's request. You wanted a bunch of pretty dresses right? I have an interesting idea for that..."

Serge than pulled a fresh page from the art supplies and began to draw in a small portion of it. He drew himself in a dashing tuxedo and with sunglasses on, looking very much like a British spy ready to take down a terrorist organization from within. Afterwards he gave the paper to the girls and said, "Draw what type of dress you want to be wearing. Your artistic ability doesn't matter but make sure you have a clear mental image of what type of dress you want to be wearing."

Jane grinned at that she was clearly liking that and she started drawing a green princess dress with puff arms, layered skirts and roses decorating it.
"Like this Sir?"
She asked.
"I like pretty dresses."
She informed you.

Colin nodded, "And in a short while, she will lose her mother, and possibly her father, too, unless we can manage to get him a suspended sentence for collaborating... I'm not too optimistic about his chances, but perhaps my role as the arresting officer will lend some minor weight to his defense, all the same..."

"Poor child. I hope she will not loose her father as well, hopefully something can be aranged but I have heard that the Traditions have rather stern rules."
Dalisse said softly.
"I hope she will be taken well care of by the Traditions in either case."

He nodded, "Then I hope for your success in cleansing your domain."

The spirit did not reply to that but you could feel her pressence there still before she left to help Adley.

He pondered, then frowned, "Well, bugger... it could fathomably be that bastard from the swamp again, a horrid thing that turned our own minds and morals against us... That one nearly got us all killed..."

"You are thinking about an Outsider Thing? Yes it is possible, it just feel like destruction and decay, something that should not be are traveling my hallways...well more than normal that is."
Dalisse commented and frowned.

A slight wince on seeing Thorn cutting into himself, focused on looking at the enemies instead. A little grunt of pain from the burning, eyes flicked down on seeing the round on the floor.

The bullet had hit one of your tattoes and healing had not restored the ink meaning a portion of that tattoo would have to be repaired, but at least you where now well and hale save for a bit of soreness but that where not worse than what you might feel from a tough day's work.

Slight disappointment on seeing the bullet epic fail, but was expected. A widening grin on seeing at very least Strawman was looking at her. The kind of grin which usually spelt trouble for the viewer...

In one movement, Nicole pushed herself off the wall and launched herself towards Strawman - clearly the large woman had decided to break the impasse by performing a one-person charge. If there's enough time she'll quickly shove the rifle in her left hand, freeing the right for action. If the Asian woman is between her and Strawman, she'll get a swift kick in the head unless completely lying down on the floor.

The Asian woman where between you and Strawman so where the man who had been frozen to the floor and the body of the short haired woman who had attacked you. The Asian woman where to wounded to do much when you kicked her in the head and she lay still now, dead or knocked out. You bum rush Strawman who looked shocked, he where expecting bullets and spells abut now for a large woman to rush him with a rifle in one hand and try to deck him, he did raise his arms to try to defend himself but he was not an experienced fighter.

Knee, rifle butt, boot, fist or a simple body slam, it didn't matter; the goal was to get Strawman to quit pissing about with his hocus-pocus and deal with a bulky figure coming right for him. With any luck, her first move will knock him down...

You knocked the confused mage to the floor by hitting him with the rifle butt he was not out but he felt that one and he gave you a somewhat alarmed look.
"But...you...what..."
He muttered still confused about why someone would hit him and not cast a spell at him.

It wasn't going to be enough, even the three of them...maybe if he could get his pater, but he was busy with something else...and by then it might be too late.

"Fuck the only thing I hate more than Nephandi are overpowered, asshole Nephandi!"
Francis grumbeled when it became clear that the three of you could not overpower the straw using Nephandus.

"Yes, please do that...how can we stop it?"

"Remember it should not be and do not let the lies it whisper affect you, then restore the possibility of what should be."
The spirit whispered softly.

"Then banish it! Try to control it again and you'll regret it more than you do right now!" he said. Truly, it wasn't what he'd thought would be the outcome - he'd thought he'd simply lose focus, the spell would fail and disperse but no...apparently he'd leveled the playing field but it was a wild pitch. Now everyone was in danger. Suddenly, out of left field Nicole was bum rushing him. He wasn't getting another shot at gaining control over it that way...

"Your orders are pointless Traditionalist, and I can't banish it, at times something are summoned that are far mighier than it's summoner...we will all meet our ends...horribly..."
The Nephandus begun then his eyes widened as Nicole bum rushed him.
"What...fuck!
Was all he got out before she hit him in the face with the butt of her rifle. At least he was not digging for more straws.

"My rote is ready I will see what I can do with what is coming."
Jeffry said and he took two steps forward and released something, something powerful and that horrible pressence receded...somewhat but it was still there, halfway between existence and non existence, fighting the old mage's spell. Jeffry swore in Greek and a few other languages.
"Mea Filius you said you and your Cabalmate had developed a way to deal with Qlipothic magick...I could use some assistence."
He said a bit of alarm in his dark eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:08 pm

A little jolt of exultation on seeing the enemy tumble back; Nicole used this energy to then to fall onto him, ideally using her weight to pin him to the ground. If possible, grabbing the enemy's throat with her free hand.

[Why for some reason do I associate "hale" with D&D?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:58 pm

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrinth, Jeffry's strike team at 2:30 in the afternoon)

You used your body weight and pinned the Nephandus to the floor. He grunted and was still so suprised he could only offer minor reststence an d a hissed insult or two. You managed to get one hand around his throat and he grunted again and squirmed trying to get loose.

(Ooc: It is a more old sounding word so often used to make fantasy sound oldish?)

(Ooc: lol at sitting on an Nephandus Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Now done, Nicole will glance back to the Chief, with a "now what?" look on her face.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:20 pm

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrinth, Jeffry's strike team at 2:30 in the afternoon.)

Jeffry looked like he was considering for a moment he did not like leaving dangerous prisoners alivecto be a problem, but the Strawman might just be needed to explain waht he had summoned.
"Make him sleep. The rest thiugh have to die."
The old Hermetic said sadly but firmly.
"I will do it Sir."
Fran said and she took a better grip on her gun and spoke to the one frozen to the floor.
"Close your eyes you will feel no pain, I promise."
The man begun a terrified protest before Fran shot him in the head and then went on to execute the Asian woman as well and make sure the two dead Nephandi where fully dead. After the grim job she looked sad and went on to close the eyes of her victims whispering something to each one.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:16 pm

"Well it is all impressive to me since all I can do is sort of know the time and how old something is, but I am glad your magick is easier now."
Rosa said then she rumaged through her purse and produced a small white pot.
"Here, I got it from Master Nassa it is a herbal cream I use it when I have long practices and my fingers get tired."
She said as she had clearly seen you flexing your fingers.

"Thanks." Serge said taking the pot and applying some of the cream to his sore fingers.

Jane grinned at that she was clearly liking that and she started drawing a green princess dress with puff arms, layered skirts and roses decorating it.
"Like this Sir?"
She asked.
"I like pretty dresses."
She informed you.

"That's perfect! Now pass it around to everyone. Let's see what everyone else wants to be wearing. " Serge said with a smile. "I've always wanted to suddenly change clothes in a cool transformation sequence."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:49 pm

"Remember it should not be and do not let the lies it whisper affect you, then restore the possibility of what should be." The spirit whispered softly.

"A spirit then..." he nodded. Oh, hell not another one of the ones that had come when they were in the damn park...That cleared one thing up, he'd been wrong in what the form of the trouble was, though not in the approach to it. "Thank you, do try to slow it down as much as you can please." He said in English, "It's a spirit," he said, correcting himself. "Something that affects minds, it lies to you and preys on the misery. If you have mind shields put them up..."

"Your orders are pointless Traditionalist, and I can't banish it, at times something are summoned that are far mighier than it's summoner...we will all meet our ends...horribly...The Nephandus begun then his eyes widened as Nicole bum rushed him. "What...fuck! Was all he got out before she hit him in the face with the butt of her rifle. At least he was not digging for more straws."

Adley stared at the man as if he'd just broken a cardinal rule of some kind and to boot was very, /very/ foolish. And really, beyond it being common sense, he had broken a cardinal rule when dealing with spirits - you don't summon something you can't control if need be. Something more powerful than you, with no safeguards, something you couldn't banish that was highly dangerous even to you. The next thing he saw was the man clocked in the face with a rifle butt and pin him efficiently to the ground, his surprise mirroring that of his enemy. Nicole had made quick work of him, and sat on him just to make sure he wasn't going anywhere.

"My rote is ready I will see what I can do with what is coming." Jeffry said and he took two steps forward and released something, something powerful and that horrible pressence receded...somewhat but it was still there, halfway between existence and non existence, fighting the old mage's spell. Jeffry swore in Greek and a few other languages. "Mea Filius you said you and your Cabalmate had developed a way to deal with Qlipothic magick...I could use some assistence."

If his pater was alarmed, then he was on his way to fighting fear that he'd just made things a hell of a lot worse by accident. That spell that he cast wasn't any joke and it didn't get rid of the foreboding sense that impending doom was on its way. He stepped up quickly. As he spoke he showed off the correct hand gestures to use to save time. "Yes, I can show our sodalis too?" he said, if it meant more people getting rid of the damn thing the better but it was only a suggestion. "This is the way it is: Qlippothic workings destroy and negate the potential that existed of what should be in the Tellurian. Through the use primal ars, plus the magick of the sphere magick being used against you, you can return that potential and restore it by reweaving and reintroducing that potential with ars vis. This snaps the Tellurian back to it's default, usually the consensus, or what was existing before the Qlippothic working. The ars fati can assist by introducing the element of random potential and ideally with some quintessence, the working is easier and has stronger grab," he explained quickly and as succinctly as he could. Once done, if there were not any questions, he simply started working, showing a cycle of the counterspelling method, though this time working also knowing that it was a spirit on its way.

// lol, when describing character's health/con - they were a hale dwarf, only 80, still strong and hearty

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next