Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 13 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:50 am

Anja's Post:

Another silence, then gave a little chuckle. 'True enough. But was more talking about... whatsitcalled... can't remember. Y'know, the idea that things sorta work the way they say they do, soon enough good prevails and all that. Cops won't smack you about in ways that don't leave marks, your boss won't get away with firing you if you refuse to fuck 'em, that hard work pays off etcetera.' giving a little derisive snort to this. 'That belief is hard to shake even when you learn what the world really is like. But I never had that; even as a kid expected Them to break the rules, I did.'

Anja's Post:

On entering the freeway, Nicole started to take evasive manoeuvres; darting the car between the other vehicles, particularly SUV's and trucks. Even came off at a junction only to re-join the freeway immediately, just to see if anybody behind followed suit.

'Next junction, yeah?' Does this station have any leaving for places that ain't Boston soon?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 13 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Adley Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:59 am

"Waiting is the worst part, if my son need anyone to talk to I will listen, and I hope he will be strong through this. I am just saying that if decided nto to take the chance of a trial and choose to end his life, I am not going to try to stop him, though I will not encourage him taking such action. Perhaps there are hope that he will be okey, that he will be given a chance and I hope he will be given that chance, but I do fear for him, fear that it will not work out and...the suffering that will come to him then." Mr Danbrock said and sigh. "As for if things go badly...I will do my best to support him no matter what he choose, but I hope it will nto come to that."

"I hope it doesn't come to that either." He had the same fears, of course. That despite all they did, it wouldn't come to anything. But what he'd seen didn't have to happen that way, they had to try.

"I know the reason the Traditions hunt down widderslainte, I have seen the darkness in my son, but I think some of them can be saved, and Kyle is not evil." The hedge wizard said seaming to struggle with his son's new name. "I will reserve judgement of your Chantry Sir...for now all I can promise is that I will not work against it."

"Hrm, well perhaps you can tell me why you think that, later on. After we get some rest and time."

"I am a member of no Orders I am not even a mage young man, it seams like my son are not harmed when I see his magick and it is not as hard for my husband to do his around me as with others with no powers of their own, but I am just a regular woman. I do value honesty and keeping one's word though and I will give mine that I will not try to harm my son or encourage him to harm himself. I will hold out hope that your Traditions will not harm him and that he can get to live, whole and complete and be happy."

"Very well. I think we can see if he's up to a few moments supervised, but we can't stay long unfortunately. Not right now at least." He brought up his phone to send a message to his pater. 'Have him bring up some food for them, please. I will meet him here.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:21 am

"It would be nice if those memories where gone but if they are at the back of my mind, would they not then pop up again when something reminded me of what have happened to me?"
The wounded man asked nervously.
"If they are there but just not easy to get though, would not a stray thought get to them? For that would be really uncomfortable if it did."

"Stray thoughts or daydreaming definitely wouldn't get to them. Our brains have a natural tendency to avoid memories that might cause its owner mental distress." Serge said remembering reading about the brain's self-defense mechanisms in his mentor's psychology books.

"Your right about the reminders though. If something was strongly linked to a memory in your past, it might trigger it." he said bitterly, annoyed that all the very valid flaws in his idea were being brought to light. "But mind you that's a pretty big 'if'. It would have to be a pretty big reminder or something really close to your ordeal."

The wounded man looked up and nodded.
"I would very much like to talk about something else Serge, I do not want to talk about what happened or leaving here...what did you want to ask me?"
He inquired softly.

"It's about you personally." Serge said as he tried to think of a way to ask about the man's awakening without mentioning his captors.

"Do you feel different?" Serge began before realizing that that was a very vague question. "Err, by that I mean. Does the world seem different to you now? Beyond the terror and the fear. Do you find yourself understanding things now that you didn't before your whole ordeal? I know those are some strange questions but take the time to think about them."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:56 am

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 5 in the afternoon.)

"Stray thoughts or daydreaming definitely wouldn't get to them. Our brains have a natural tendency to avoid memories that might cause its owner mental distress." Serge said remembering reading about the brain's self-defense mechanisms in his mentor's psychology books.

"Your right about the reminders though. If something was strongly linked to a memory in your past, it might trigger it." he said bitterly, annoyed that all the very valid flaws in his idea were being brought to light. "But mind you that's a pretty big 'if'. It would have to be a pretty big reminder or something really close to your ordeal."

"What if I see sexual images somewhere or I get myself wrapped up in my bedcloths and feel restrained or I see someone who remind me of the bad woman or the needle man or I go in for a flu shot? There are many things that might remind me of what happened."
Bernard said sadly.
"Can those memories be deleted completely, made to be like they never happened?"

"It's about you personally." Serge said as he tried to think of a way to ask about the man's awakening without mentioning his captors.

"That is ok, I can answer a personal question."
The wounded man said and nodded.

"Do you feel different?" Serge began before realizing that that was a very vague question. "Err, by that I mean. Does the world seem different to you now? Beyond the terror and the fear. Do you find yourself understanding things now that you didn't before your whole ordeal? I know those are some strange questions but take the time to think about them."

Bernard hesitated for a moment.
"I guess I do in a way, I mean I now realize that there is allot that is possible that I did not believe in before...I guess you could call it magick, and it feels like if I just learned how I could do those things as well, which is pretty cool. Also there is like there is this little ash covered girl sitting in my head and looking at me...I know that sounds crazy but there she is."
He said and he scratched his head looking a bit embarashed.
"And now I sound completely insane."

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 5 in the afternoon.)

Another silence, then gave a little chuckle. 'True enough. But was more talking about... whatsitcalled... can't remember. Y'know, the idea that things sorta work the way they say they do, soon enough good prevails and all that. Cops won't smack you about in ways that don't leave marks, your boss won't get away with firing you if you refuse to fuck 'em, that hard work pays off etcetera.'

"I am not completely sure what you mean about this Miss."
James said then he sigh.
"I know that the things you talk with happens, but as a white man, working for an oeganisation assosiated with the goverment and wearing nice clothes I have never really experienced such things, but I know they happen but I am not sure what you are asking about them."

giving a little derisive snort to this. 'That belief is hard to shake even when you learn what the world really is like. But I never had that; even as a kid expected Them to break the rules, I did.'

"In all organisations at all times there have been those who break the rules and abuse their power, this is hardly uniqe to the Union if that is what you are asking Miss."
The former Technocrat said, he was clearly confused by your question.

On entering the freeway, Nicole started to take evasive manoeuvres; darting the car between the other vehicles, particularly SUV's and trucks. Even came off at a junction only to re-join the freeway immediately, just to see if anybody behind followed suit.

No one seamed to be following your car, though of course this could change if the ones in the dark red car or their friends picked up the trail again.

'Next junction, yeah?' Does this station have any leaving for places that ain't Boston soon?'

"Let me see...yes there is a bus going to Canton in twenty minutes."
Thorn said as he tapped at his phone.

[Adley] (Steelhaven 5 in th afternoon.)

"I hope it doesn't come to that either." He had the same fears, of course. That despite all they did, it wouldn't come to anything. But what he'd seen didn't have to happen that way, they had to try.

Kyle's parents looked at one another and nodded they where clearly very concerned for their son, and afraid that he would be hurt in the worst, possible way.
"What can we do to try to ease his fears, the poor boy must be terrified."
Mrs Danbrock asked.
"At least we can try to make him less afraid even if we have to leave his defense to you and your teacher."

"Hrm, well perhaps you can tell me why you think that, later on. After we get some rest and time."

"I would be happy to talk about it when there is time Mr Roth Hicks, but to put it simply I do not think anyone is locked into a path to be evil, I do not think the universe are cruel like that."
Mr Danbrock said and frowned.

"Very well. I think we can see if he's up to a few moments supervised, but we can't stay long unfortunately. Not right now at least." He brought up his phone to send a message to his pater. 'Have him bring up some food for them, please. I will meet him here.'

Mr Danbrock nodded and his wife smiled.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
She said happy to be allowed to see her son. You got a reply back from your teacher.
"To: Mea Filius
I am sending K up now, please meet him at the stairs, after his experiences at the hospital this morning I do not want him to go through the infirmary alone in case he see something that scare him.
Be Well
JM"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:40 pm

"What can we do to try to ease his fears, the poor boy must be terrified." Mrs Danbrock asked. "At least we can try to make him less afraid even if we have to leave his defense to you and your teacher."

"Yes, he's scared and like I said I think he'll need his parents. Just be there for him."

"I would be happy to talk about it when there is time Mr Roth Hicks, but to put it simply I do not think anyone is locked into a path to be evil, I do not think the universe are cruel like that." Mr Danbrock said and frowned.

"I'd like to believe that. I think that as we're part of the universe, we have to work at making the universe a less cruel place for there to be change. At any rate, a conversation for later."

Mr Danbrock nodded and his wife smiled.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."

"I apologize for it being a short visit but we're all quite tired and could use some rest too."

"To: Mea Filius
I am sending K up now, please meet him at the stairs, after his experiences at the hospital this morning I do not want him to go through the infirmary alone in case he see something that scare him.
Be Well
JM"

He looked at the message and nodded to himself. He typed a quick 'ok' then put the phone away. "Excuse me, I will go get him," he said, walking out towards the stairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:28 pm

"Yes, he's scared and like I said I think he'll need his parents. Just be there for him."

"We can do that for him at least, we can be there for him and try to keep his hope up."
Mrs Danbrcok said and she smiled a little sadly.
"My poor boy I wish I could do more for him."

"I'd like to believe that. I think that as we're part of the universe, we have to work at making the universe a less cruel place for there to be change. At any rate, a conversation for later."

"I agree Mr Roth Hicks we have to work at making this a better world, and I do think some children like my son can be saved, I have to believe that, he is my little boy."
Mr Danbrock said then he sigh.
"But yes a conversation for another time."

"I apologize for it being a short visit but we're all quite tired and could use some rest too."

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks."
Mrs Danbrock said politely.

He looked at the message and nodded to himself. He typed a quick 'ok' then put the phone away. "Excuse me, I will go get him," he said, walking out towards the stairs.

The Danbrocks nodded at that. You got back to the stairs and Kyle arrived not that long after, he had a tray with two bowls stew and rice, bread and two glasses of water, the boy looked a little strained as he made his way up the stairs, probably the arm he had gotten the serum injected into bothered him, the volume of the doses would have strained his arm muscles and carrying something before they properly healed probably caused some discomfort, the boy still gave you a smile though.
"Did you speak with my parents?"
He asked as he made his way to the top of the stairs, then he glanced at the makeshift infirmary a bit nervously.
"Are those the ones who got wounded in the fight?"
He asked sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a little sigh. 'Let me put it this way... you're doing a pickup of a Sleeper suspect, right? Who'll give you more bother? One in a nice white 'burb, or one in a rough 'hood? Burb might threaten with a lawyer, Hood with a gun. Burb stands tall 'cos they know about "Miranda Rights" and stuff while Hood knows that's a crock of shit and is more ready to run for it.'

'It's this which is the weakness of many new Awakened - they have to adjust. And quickly. Before the Union come a'knocking with battering-ram and the head-sack. How many do the Union snatch 'cos the newbie was asking too many obvious questions 'cos newbie didn't get the danger they were in?'

Anja's Post:

Nicole kept alert to their surroundings; not expecting the old tail, but any new ones. Paying particular attention to any average-looking cars and continuing with anti-tail driving.

Anja's Post:

'Canton?' Nicole echoed, pulling out her own phone and operating it one-handed for a moment. 'Ah... has a Amtrak station, it does. So Shade can hop on a train going away from here. Only little place too, so less likely to be watched.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Nicole gave a little sigh. 'Let me put it this way... you're doing a pickup of a Sleeper suspect, right? Who'll give you more bother? One in a nice white 'burb, or one in a rough 'hood? Burb might threaten with a lawyer, Hood with a gun. Burb stands tall 'cos they know about "Miranda Rights" and stuff while Hood knows that's a crock of shit and is more ready to run for it.'

"That is true enough, picking someone up in a rough neighborhood will be more dangerous as those living there are far more likely to run, fight back or shoot you, the ones from a nicer area might be more of a paperwork issue but at least they are less likely to use violence."
James agreed and nodded.

'It's this which is the weakness of many new Awakened - they have to adjust. And quickly. Before the Union come a'knocking with battering-ram and the head-sack. How many do the Union snatch 'cos the newbie was asking too many obvious questions 'cos newbie didn't get the danger they were in?'

"Quite a few newly Awakened get captured and killedbecause they do not know how to hide their tracks and they become easy to find, there are quite a few who Awaken and never learn to use what they have much and never really become aware of it and we do not have the resources to pick all of those up, but of those who start learning to use their powers, the Union takes quite a few."
He agreed.

'Canton?' Nicole echoed, pulling out her own phone and operating it one-handed for a moment. 'Ah... has a Amtrak station, it does. So Shade can hop on a train going away from here. Only little place too, so less likely to be watched.'

"It seams we have a plan then."
Thorn said as he glanced out the window.
"Have you seen anyone else following us?"
He asked, but there had been no cars behaving strangely or seaming to follow your old Ford, at least for now it seamed that you and your group where strange, off course this could quickly change.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:25 pm

[Chicago, 6:30 PM]
"She sounds interesting. I should have made her a gift as well, perhaps I will make her a necklace. If you have any crimps I could use that clear tubing and put translucent beads on them and they wpuld look like beads of water that just hang on the skin, that might look cool."
Anna said and smiled.
Colin smiled, "I'm sure she would love that... In fact, I should not be entirely surprised if she's waiting with a welcoming gift already. I am, however, afraid I am fresh out of crimps."

"Most wounds caused by Paradox are hard to do anything with by using magick, when they removed my tail they could not even use magick to numb the area, and I was to afraid to let them use needles so Cotta was called in and she touched my cheek and I went to sleep, after they cut the tail of it had to heal on it's own and that hurt, I had to sit on a donut shaped pillow for a long time and take little pills that made me funny in the head so it would not hurt so much and other pills to make sure it did not become infected it did not really work though and I got sick since the wound where so close to well my bum and I got a high feber Gabriel was really stressed I could tell he was scared and they could not heal it, they tried but the tail was caused by Paradox so it did not work. Gabriel even promised me any book I wanted if I would only allow Doc to give me a shot with antibiotics, I knew I was really sick but I just could not do it...I think that scared Gabriel but he did not force me. I did get better though and the cut healed but I still have a scar where the tail was."
Anna said and nodded.
"So yeah Paradox is sucky."
He frowned, "The pills were likely opiates or some similar painkiller - works great for that sort of pain in the, well, you know... The antibiotics, though - while it does sound right that they prescribe a shot for emergencies, I would think there would be some pills or salves available for when shots are not viable for some reason..."

"An urban legend Mentor?"
Anna asked and she looked confused.
"Is that like the ghost stories that have always happened to the friend of someone's cousin?"
He grinned, "Something of the sort... When the mystery lady enters the elevator on the fifth floor, don't speak to her, or you might get lost..."
His expression turned serious, "No, seriously, do not speak to the lady who gets on on the fifth floor; I don't know what might happen, but I was given a very clear and unambiguous impression it would be most inconvenient... Apparently, there were some people who played the elevator game and got unlucky, emerging to the Umbra Port and disappearing..."

"The Elevator game Mentor? How do we play?"
Your young apprentice asked.
He smiled wryly, "Usually, one presses all the floor buttons in the elevator... we, however, have to punch them in in a specific combination. Fortunately, I've memorized it on my previous visits."

((OOC: Back from AtlantiCon. Was good; got to play some new games, as well as some old ones, and the usual tournaments. Made it to second place in the Magic tournament; no complaints. Discovered a Heroes of Might & Magic board game - game looks good, but the rules were VERY clunkily written. Didn't manage to finish it, though; starting at 1 AM was probably not the best decision. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:30 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole laughed at this. 'Quite a few... the ones who leave tracks, yes? Like ones in tech and science departments in colleges? Standardised tests, honour rolls and the like is a fucking godsend - bet the Mirrorshades picked up a few kids for "elite private schooling" after they Woke Up making a project for a school science fair or the like. Bet their parents were so proud, too.' the sarcasm here heavy.

Anja's Post:

'Don't think so.' she commented, continuing her little tricks to confuse any possible tail. 'There ain't no choppers or drones in the sky, is there?' not ruling out aerial surveillance.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:29 pm

"What if I see sexual images somewhere or I get myself wrapped up in my bedcloths and feel restrained or I see someone who remind me of the bad woman or the needle man or I go in for a flu shot? There are many things that might remind me of what happened."
Bernard said sadly.
"Can those memories be deleted completely, made to be like they never happened?"

"They can be erased completely but I'm not strong enough to do stuff like that. My teacher could probably do that easily though. She's a lot more powerful than I am." Serge said. "Talking with her would honestly do you a lot of good. She's a bit on the injured side though. In fact, you saw her briefly. She was part of the rescue team that saved you."

Bernard hesitated for a moment.
"I guess I do in a way, I mean I now realize that there is allot that is possible that I did not believe in before...I guess you could call it magick, and it feels like if I just learned how I could do those things as well, which is pretty cool. Also there is like there is this little ash covered girl sitting in my head and looking at me...I know that sounds crazy but there she is."
He said and he scratched his head looking a bit embarashed.
"And now I sound completely insane."

"Oh thank god. I was worried I was going to have to say some crazier stuff to explain it to you." Serge said with a sigh, glad that Bernard had managed to get the gist of everything.

"All right, first things first, your not insane. What you went through is what we call an awakening. I went through one, the people who saved you went through one. Basically everyone who has those strange powers went through something similar." he began to explain. "Your eyes were basically opened to the true nature of the world."

"And that little ash-covered girl in the back of your head. I'm pretty sure that's your avatar. It's a sort of...how do I put this...being? What it is is pretty subjective but the important part is that it's there to guide you. Show you your weaknesses and teach you how to be a better person. I have one too. Although he's too stubborn to take one definite shape." he said with a chuckle wondering what form his avatar had taken now.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:17 am

"We can do that for him at least, we can be there for him and try to keep his hope up." Mrs Danbrcok said and she smiled a little sadly. "My poor boy I wish I could do more for him."

"Well we'll see, maybe we can figure something out but let's start with that."

You got back to the stairs and Kyle arrived not that long after, he had a tray with two bowls stew and rice, bread and two glasses of water, the boy looked a little strained as he made his way up the stairs, probably the arm he had gotten the serum injected into bothered him, the volume of the doses would have strained his arm muscles and carrying something before they properly healed probably caused some discomfort, the boy still gave you a smile though.
"Did you speak with my parents?"

"Yeah, I did a bit. Here, let me help you with that," he said as he offered to take the tray. "I didn't tell them everything that happened, I didn't want to scare them so they might ask questions. I thought some would best come as reply from you anyway."

he glanced at the makeshift infirmary a bit nervously. "Are those the ones who got wounded in the fight?" He asked sadly.

"Some, some were prisoners. Let's go see your parents, they're eager to see you are okay, as you can imagine..." he said, trying to step around so that he couldn't see much more into the infirmary that upset him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 am

Nicole laughed at this. 'Quite a few... the ones who leave tracks, yes? Like ones in tech and science departments in colleges? Standardised tests, honour rolls and the like is a fucking godsend - bet the Mirrorshades picked up a few kids for "elite private schooling" after they Woke Up making a project for a school science fair or the like. Bet their parents were so proud, too.' the sarcasm here heavy.

"It is how I was recruited, I was in highschool and showed a high aptitude for math, science and I where good at physical ed, so the New World Order offered me a scolarship at their special collage, I jumped at the chance and once there I was slowly led to Awakening and then a older agent took me under his wing."
James said and shrugged.

'Don't think so.' she commented, continuing her little tricks to confuse any possible tail. 'There ain't no choppers or drones in the sky, is there?' not ruling out aerial surveillance.

"I can't see any but I do not have a way to find out if there are any drones I can't see, I can find out if magick is tracking us, but not a mundane drone."
Thorn said and frowned.

"Well we'll see, maybe we can figure something out but let's start with that."

Mrs Danbrock nodded at that.
"I guess at times all one can do is be there for a loved one Mr Roth Hicks."

"Yeah, I did a bit. Here, let me help you with that," he said as he offered to take the tray. "I didn't tell them everything that happened, I didn't want to scare them so they might ask questions. I thought some would best come as reply from you anyway."

Kyle gave you a grateful look when you took the tray, he did not want to appear weak by complaining but his hand went do his sore arm and he massaged it gently.
"Thank you...ehm what can I tell them, they might ask about just about anything."
The young mage asked.
"Should I just tell them all that have happened?"

"Some, some were prisoners. Let's go see your parents, they're eager to see you are okay, as you can imagine..." he said, trying to step around so that he couldn't see much more into the infirmary that upset him.

"I hope they get better."
Kyle said he walked past the makeshift infirmary quickly clearly feeling a bit uneasy.
"Yeah let us go see them. I hope my parents are okey."
He said and he seamed to cheer up at the thought of seeing his parents.

[Colin] (Chicago Umbral Port at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

Colin smiled, "I'm sure she would love that... In fact, I should not be entirely surprised if she's waiting with a welcoming gift already. I am, however, afraid I am fresh out of crimps."

"Really? I have to make her a gift as soon as possible then. Crimps are useful you can make a bead sit exactly where you want it with that, instead of just stringing them all on top of one another."
Anna said and smiled.

He frowned, "The pills were likely opiates or some similar painkiller - works great for that sort of pain in the, well, you know... The antibiotics, though - while it does sound right that they prescribe a shot for emergencies, I would think there would be some pills or salves available for when shots are not viable for some reason..."

"I did take pills in addition to those that made me dizzy and they used some salve on the wound when they changed the dressing, but Doc said it was not enough, he said that I seeded a constant drip of antibiotics, not that I know what that means...anyway I got pretty sick but I did get better eventually."
The young mage said and frowned.
"In any case it was not a fun experience."

He grinned, "Something of the sort... When the mystery lady enters the elevator on the fifth floor, don't speak to her, or you might get lost..."
His expression turned serious, "No, seriously, do not speak to the lady who gets on on the fifth floor; I don't know what might happen, but I was given a very clear and unambiguous impression it would be most inconvenient... Apparently, there were some people who played the elevator game and got unlucky, emerging to the Umbra Port and disappearing..."

"The most usual effect of looking at or speaking to the fifth floor lady is that we will simply not get to the Umbral dock, but sometimes she will attack and kill the ones who talk to her, drag them into the Umbra and leave them there or follow them home and well that would nto be good."
Udella said and frowned.
"Or so I have heared but no one knows for sure."
Anna glanced from the Enforcer to you.
"Damn...well then I will not speak with her Mentor."
She told you.

He smiled wryly, "Usually, one presses all the floor buttons in the elevator... we, however, have to punch them in in a specific combination. Fortunately, I've memorized it on my previous visits."

"A code then...well this is an interesting way to get to the Umbral docks Mentor."
Anna said as she went with you into the building.
"Have you done this many times?"

(OOC: Congratulations on second place in the MtG tournament Warp. I am glad you had fun.)

"They can be erased completely but I'm not strong enough to do stuff like that. My teacher could probably do that easily though. She's a lot more powerful than I am." Serge said. "Talking with her would honestly do you a lot of good. She's a bit on the injured side though. In fact, you saw her briefly. She was part of the rescue team that saved you."

"She sounds powerful."
Bernard said and nodded.
"I would like my memories removed but I do not want to bother your teacher while she is injured, she probably needs her rest."
He said sounding concerned.
"If she was part of the group that rescued me, then I owe her so much already."

"Oh thank god. I was worried I was going to have to say some crazier stuff to explain it to you." Serge said with a sigh, glad that Bernard had managed to get the gist of everything.

"All right, first things first, your not insane. What you went through is what we call an awakening. I went through one, the people who saved you went through one. Basically everyone who has those strange powers went through something similar." he began to explain. "Your eyes were basically opened to the true nature of the world."

"So pepole...can have their eyes opened and then they get to use magick?"
The wounded man asked.
"How do I learn more about it? How do I learn to actually use it? I would feel safer if I could defend myself on my own against those with such powers."

"And that little ash-covered girl in the back of your head. I'm pretty sure that's your avatar. It's a sort of...how do I put this...being? What it is is pretty subjective but the important part is that it's there to guide you. Show you your weaknesses and teach you how to be a better person. I have one too. Although he's too stubborn to take one definite shape." he said with a chuckle wondering what form his avatar had taken now.

"So she is like my higher self or something? Like the Thelemites believe that they have a Holy Guardian Angel that they can eventually reach and talk with?"
Bernard asked.
"Ah sorry I had a girlfriend who is a Thelemite she spoke allot about that...I guess she would be jealous if I told her mine is just sitting there in my mind kind of looking at me as if she want me to do something."
He said and he sounded a bit amused.
"Well I guess I can get used to having her there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 am

Anja's Post:

'Thank fuck you're not one of those Syndicate scumbags, or you'd be walking.' Nicole quipped, tone clearly not joking. 'Dunno if I should be thankful or insulted, knowing my high-school flunk wrote me off in the Union's mind as well as the world in general.'

Anja's Post:

'Check for eyes in the sky you best you can.' Nicole said, all the while thinking to herself;'Now, how would I do this? They know the ones in the car ain't idiots... Could get cops to pull us over, s'pose... but risky. After all, Deviants can do anything. If my priority was Shade... I'd watch to see where they were going with him. Might lead to a safe house or something, which we could then hit later. But if I saw them drop him off at a bus station... I'd tail the bus, then snatch Shade alone later on.'

'Alias. Once you've done that, find me a covered car lot like a multi-story. The closest one to the bus station.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:35 am

"Thank you...ehm what can I tell them, they might ask about just about anything." The young mage asked.
"Should I just tell them all that have happened?"

"Telling them /everything/ now would likely overwhelm them, plus some of it is likely a matter of chantry and your security. It would probably take a great deal of time, even a shortened version, so I think this should stay a bit of a short visit. Then you can confer with our pater how much detail is okay to tell them and also we won't be exhausted. At least speaking for myself, besides which I have other duties to attend to as well." He stepped across the hall carefully with the tray. "I told them you helped save a great deal of lives, which is true of course. They'll probably most want to know that you're okay and I'm not lying to them."

"I hope they get better." Kyle said he walked past the makeshift infirmary quickly clearly feeling a bit uneasy. "Yeah let us go see them. I hope my parents are okey."

"Your parents are okay, aside from being worried about you." He held the tray as they went and nodded towards Mrs. Dion and then at the door to the room his parents were staying in. "Kindly knock, please." Then he stood in front of the door with the tray.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:06 am

"Telling them /everything/ now would likely overwhelm them, plus some of it is likely a matter of chantry and your security. It would probably take a great deal of time, even a shortened version, so I think this should stay a bit of a short visit. Then you can confer with our pater how much detail is okay to tell them and also we won't be exhausted. At least speaking for myself, besides which I have other duties to attend to as well." He stepped across the hall carefully with the tray. "I told them you helped save a great deal of lives, which is true of course. They'll probably most want to know that you're okay and I'm not lying to them."

"Yeah I guess you are right about that. I can tell them I have not been hurt and that my magick is completely ok. I guess telling them about the hospital might worry them since they might think that you will start experimenting on me, even if Mr Wainwright said I could leave at any time I wanted to that I did not have to do it and no one held me down and forced me."
Kyle said and he scratched his head.
"Keeping the explination short for now might be a good idea."

"Your parents are okay, aside from being worried about you." He held the tray as they went and nodded towards Mrs. Dion and then at the door to the room his parents were staying in. "Kindly knock, please." Then he stood in front of the door with the tray.

"Yeah I guess they are worried about me, but I am worried about them as well."
Kyle said. Dion gave you a polite nod as you passed her. Kyle nodded and knocked on the door, soon it was openend by Mrs Danbrock.
"Is he here...my son is he okey?"
The true believer asked you and she tried to look past you and then smiled when she saw Kyle.
"Ray...ehm...Kyle...are you well? Have they hurt you? Have you been given food? Are you hurt in any way?"
The questions kept coming and Kyle gave a nervous little luagh.
"They have not harmed me mom, I am ok I have been in a cell, but it was warm and I had books to read. Yes I have been given as much food as I want and I have not been mistreated in any way."
He tried to assure his worried mother.

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 5 30 in the afternoon.)

'Thank fuck you're not one of those Syndicate scumbags, or you'd be walking.' Nicole quipped, tone clearly not joking. 'Dunno if I should be thankful or insulted, knowing my high-school flunk wrote me off in the Union's mind as well as the world in general.'

"High School is not everything. A member of my Amalgam, a Iterator have no education but man can she build things."
James said then he sigh a little.
"But I should not say to much about my Amalgam I do not want to get them into trouble after all, inslucding the Syndicate operative among them who I have no doubt you would gladly shoot."

'Check for eyes in the sky you best you can.' Nicole said, all the while thinking to herself;'Now, how would I do this? They know the ones in the car ain't idiots... Could get cops to pull us over, s'pose... but risky. After all, Deviants can do anything. If my priority was Shade... I'd watch to see where they were going with him. Might lead to a safe house or something, which we could then hit later. But if I saw them drop him off at a bus station... I'd tail the bus, then snatch Shade alone later on.'

'Alias. Once you've done that, find me a covered car lot like a multi-story. The closest one to the bus station.'

Thorn nodded and he brought out his hat pin again and pricked his finger, then he touched the blood to his eyelids and glanced out the window.
"Hum...I am not sure...I can not see clearely, there is something in the air but it might just be a bird for it is at some distance."
The Verbena commented then he picked up his phone and tapped at it.
"There is a parking garage under a small shopping center rather close to the bus station, the stores are closed but the resturants are not so there should be some cars there. Would that work?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:17 am

"She sounds powerful."
Bernard said and nodded.
"I would like my memories removed but I do not want to bother your teacher while she is injured, she probably needs her rest."
He said sounding concerned.
"If she was part of the group that rescued me, then I owe her so much already."

"Even though she's physically injured she might be able to visit us in here. This place doesn't really care about the physical state of your body." Serge said as he looked around their mental surroundings.

"Although I'd rather she get some rest right now. I might invite her when she's feeling a little better. I'm sure she'd like some of your mom's spaghetti." he added with a smile.

"So pepole...can have their eyes opened and then they get to use magick?"
The wounded man asked.
"How do I learn more about it? How do I learn to actually use it? I would feel safer if I could defend myself on my own against those with such powers."

"The simplest way is to find someone to teach you." Serge replied. "Having someone to guide you through all of this can be quite helpful. It's how most people learn magick and how to defend themselves with it. I'm sure we could find someone to train you....but you'd have to leave this room."

"So she is like my higher self or something? Like the Thelemites believe that they have a Holy Guardian Angel that they can eventually reach and talk with?"
Bernard asked.
"Ah sorry I had a girlfriend who is a Thelemite she spoke allot about that...I guess she would be jealous if I told her mine is just sitting there in my mind kind of looking at me as if she want me to do something."
He said and he sounded a bit amused.
"Well I guess I can get used to having her there."

Serge gave Bernard a funny look before chuckling and saying, "Damn! You explained it so much better than I did. Higher self is such a good way to describe it. Don't worry, you'll get used to her. She's a part of you now so it won't be too hard."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:33 am

"Even though she's physically injured she might be able to visit us in here. This place doesn't really care about the physical state of your body." Serge said as he looked around their mental surroundings.

"Although I'd rather she get some rest right now. I might invite her when she's feeling a little better. I'm sure she'd like some of your mom's spaghetti." he added with a smile.

"Ok...she should get some rest. You can invite her to visit my mother's kitchen later."
Bernard said and nodded.
"You think she can remove those memories? Make it so it never happened or at least I can think it never happened?"
He asked softly.

"The simplest way is to find someone to teach you." Serge replied. "Having someone to guide you through all of this can be quite helpful. It's how most people learn magick and how to defend themselves with it. I'm sure we could find someone to train you....but you'd have to leave this room."

"You here trained by a teacher then? I guess that makes sense that one would need someone to teach magick."
The wounded man said and nodded but then he looked nervous.
"Leaving here but...but...that woman is out there, the bad woman is out there."

Serge gave Bernard a funny look before chuckling and saying, "Damn! You explained it so much better than I did. Higher self is such a good way to describe it. Don't worry, you'll get used to her. She's a part of you now so it won't be too hard."

"It is not really my explination, it was my ex that taught me terms like that, but it do make sense do it not? The idea that we have a higher self that can be personified."
Bernard said and he smiled a little.
"Yeah I guess I will get used to her, but I do wonder what she wants me to do for she clearly wants something."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:41 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole just grunted at this, though Thorn might notice she looked a little disconcerted for a moment.

Anja's Post:

'That's perfect; Shade can exit amongst the Mundies with any spy-drone none the wiser.' Nicole said with a smile. 'Keep that page up; I'll need you to direct me to it when we hit the town.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:42 am

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 5 30 in the afternoon.)

James said nothing more about his amalgam, at least he was calmer noe and talking more freely. Thorn nodded.
"I will keep it up Miss, do you want me to continue to keep and eye on the thing in the sky as well, I can try to enhanse my vision further and see if I can get a better look at it."
The Verbena offered.
"But yes the parking garage might be our new friend here's best bet at slipping away, I do wonder why the Union are so desperate to get him though"
Thorn said sounding a bit concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:30 am

[Chicago Umbral Port, 6:40 PM]
"Really? I have to make her a gift as soon as possible then. Crimps are useful you can make a bead sit exactly where you want it with that, instead of just stringing them all on top of one another."
Anna said and smiled.
Colin nodded, "It's not something I usually carry on me, you know - and I don't really use crimps much in the silver shop - but I will see about getting you some decent crafting supplies sometime during the coming week."

"I did take pills in addition to those that made me dizzy and they used some salve on the wound when they changed the dressing, but Doc said it was not enough, he said that I seeded a constant drip of antibiotics, not that I know what that means...anyway I got pretty sick but I did get better eventually."
The young mage said and frowned.
"In any case it was not a fun experience."
He nodded, then frowned, "That does sound more like it, yes... You couldn't get the infection magically dealt with, as that was not part of the Paradox mutation itself?"

"The most usual effect of looking at or speaking to the fifth floor lady is that we will simply not get to the Umbral dock, but sometimes she will attack and kill the ones who talk to her, drag them into the Umbra and leave them there or follow them home and well that would nto be good."
Udella said and frowned.
"Or so I have heared but no one knows for sure."
Anna glanced from the Enforcer to you.
"Damn...well then I will not speak with her Mentor."
She told you.
He nodded sagely, "Very good. I would not want to take any chances; she is not going to address anyone on her own, as I understand it."

"A code then...well this is an interesting way to get to the Umbral docks Mentor."
Anna said as she went with you into the building.
"Have you done this many times?"
He smiled wryly, "Twice, today... Unlike the Boston Umbral Port, I can actually get into this one unaided; I'll need a spot of assistance to cross over to the one at home. First time I was here, I visited a cursed ship to collect the fuel tanks. 44 drams of incredibly corrupted Quintessence... Most effective when weaponized safely."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:51 am

Colin nodded, "It's not something I usually carry on me, you know - and I don't really use crimps much in the silver shop - but I will see about getting you some decent crafting supplies sometime during the coming week."

"No I suppose it is not something one would need in day to day life, and they are used more with beads than with silver stuff I guess."
Anna said then she smiled a little.
"I would love some crafting supplies yes Mentor, thank you."

He nodded, then frowned, "That does sound more like it, yes... You couldn't get the infection magically dealt with, as that was not part of the Paradox mutation itself?"

"Gabriel told me that is how Paradox usually work, let us say you break a bone or something and you have surgery to fix it then usually magick can not easilly heal the wound from the surgery, I am not completely sure how it works though."
Anna said and she scratched her head a little.
"Doc tried to heal me magickally but it did not work."

He nodded sagely, "Very good. I would not want to take any chances; she is not going to address anyone on her own, as I understand it."

"No not with us who are aware of what she is, but I have heard it said that with others she will try to trick them into talking with her, trying to talk about various topics or even cry and beg for help...why she do this though I do not know."
Udella said and frowned.
"Could you take her out if she attacked us Master Adimari?"
Anna asked a bit nervously and Udella frowned again but she nodded.
"Yes most likely I could however doing so might make the elevator stop working, she is an integral part of the whole system and disturbing her might make the Umbral port inaccessible."
The Enforcer said and Anna nodded solemnly.
"Better not do that then."
The little girl muttered.

He smiled wryly, "Twice, today... Unlike the Boston Umbral Port, I can actually get into this one unaided; I'll need a spot of assistance to cross over to the one at home. First time I was here, I visited a cursed ship to collect the fuel tanks. 44 drams of incredibly corrupted Quintessence... Most effective when weaponized safely."

"Did you use it to take out our Labyrinth?"
Anna asked.
"That is allot of Quintessence one can do allot with that."
She muttered sounding impressed.
"Which elevator are we taking?"
She asked as she looked at the short row of elevators that would take pepole up through the floors of the building.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:12 am

[Chicago Umbral Port, 6:30 PM]
"No I suppose it is not something one would need in day to day life, and they are used more with beads than with silver stuff I guess."
Anna said then she smiled a little.
"I would love some crafting supplies yes Mentor, thank you."
Colin smiled, "I have a few crafting kits in mind, including some you'll... advance to once I'm convinced you can handle them."

"Gabriel told me that is how Paradox usually work, let us say you break a bone or something and you have surgery to fix it then usually magick can not easilly heal the wound from the surgery, I am not completely sure how it works though."
Anna said and she scratched her head a little.
"Doc tried to heal me magickally but it did not work."
He nodded thoughtfully, "So that complication makes things more difficult... Hum, we're definitely going to have to get everyone at the Chantry vaccinated to protect you. That's going to be an interesting argument..."

"No not with us who are aware of what she is, but I have heard it said that with others she will try to trick them into talking with her, trying to talk about various topics or even cry and beg for help...why she do this though I do not know."
Udella said and frowned.
"Could you take her out if she attacked us Master Adimari?"
Anna asked a bit nervously and Udella frowned again but she nodded.
"Yes most likely I could however doing so might make the elevator stop working, she is an integral part of the whole system and disturbing her might make the Umbral port inaccessible."
The Enforcer said and Anna nodded solemnly.
"Better not do that then."
The little girl muttered.
He frowned, "By the sound of it, she was... not entirely volunteering for the job, then. Who knows if the human form is her natural shape?"

"Did you use it to take out our Labyrinth?"
Anna asked.
"That is allot of Quintessence one can do allot with that."
She muttered sounding impressed.
"Which elevator are we taking?"
She asked as she looked at the short row of elevators that would take pepole up through the floors of the building.
He nodded, gesturing toward the elevator in question, "We're taking this one... and yes, I used it against the Labyrinth; tore through the Aegis like a burning lawn mower through dry grass..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:29 am

Colin smiled, "I have a few crafting kits in mind, including some you'll... advance to once I'm convinced you can handle them."

Anna nodded at that and completely misunderstood what you meant.
"Yeah that is a good idea Mentor I like the most doing things that are a little hard so I get a challange but not so hard that I just get frustrated."
She agreed with what she thought you mean and nodded.

He nodded thoughtfully, "So that complication makes things more difficult... Hum, we're definitely going to have to get everyone at the Chantry vaccinated to protect you. That's going to be an interesting argument..."

Your young apprentice suddenly looked very worried.
"I do not want the others at the Chantry hurt to protect me."
She said nervously.
"You are...saying that because my patterns are now set, illness that affect the parts that are hurt might be hard to heal?"
She muttered.
"But I do not want anyone poked with needles if they don't want to be and why would they want to be?"
She muttered and looked nervously up at you.

He frowned, "By the sound of it, she was... not entirely volunteering for the job, then. Who knows if the human form is her natural shape?"

"It would not be the first time a spirit was forced into service but whatever that happened in this case, or why the Fifth Floor Woman do what she do, that I do not know."
Udella said and frowned.

He nodded, gesturing toward the elevator in question, "We're taking this one... and yes, I used it against the Labyrinth; tore through the Aegis like a burning lawn mower through dry grass..."

"That is impressive. I am not happy the Labyrinth is gone but wow that is allot of power Mentor!"
Anna said enthusiastically, jumping up and down, delighted at the thought of powerful magick, though she soon regretted this and grabbed her chest.
"Ow...damn it...ow!"
She grunted.
"No jumping...got it."
She said as she loved towards the elevator with Udella.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:50 am

[Chicago Umbral Port, 6:30 PM]
Anna nodded at that and completely misunderstood what you meant.
"Yeah that is a good idea Mentor I like the most doing things that are a little hard so I get a challange but not so hard that I just get frustrated."
She agreed with what she thought you mean and nodded.
Colin smiled, "I've got a nice embroidered bag you made in the future... but for now, that's not on the menu."

Your young apprentice suddenly looked very worried.
"I do not want the others at the Chantry hurt to protect me."
She said nervously.
"You are...saying that because my patterns are now set, illness that affect the parts that are hurt might be hard to heal?"
She muttered.
"But I do not want anyone poked with needles if they don't want to be and why would they want to be?"
She muttered and looked nervously up at you.
He frowned, "Not precisely... but you can't be vaccinated, and your immune system is not as good as it ought to be - which means you will need to rely on what is called herd immunity, which is when everyone around you is vaccinated, blocking diseases from reaching you in the first place... It's not that illnesses that affect the injured parts of you will be hard to heal, but that a lot of the standard treatments will not be available, and you are more likely to get ill if a contagion comes along. We will want to avoid such contagions to begin with - which means vaccinating as many as possible to prevent anyone catching an illness, rather than trying to contain the spread after an illness shows up. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure... and for most people, a tiny bit of pain in exchange for not falling ill later is a good trade-off."

"It would not be the first time a spirit was forced into service but whatever that happened in this case, or why the Fifth Floor Woman do what she do, that I do not know."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded, "There might be a record of it somewhere, but perhaps it is best not to ask her..."

"That is impressive. I am not happy the Labyrinth is gone but wow that is allot of power Mentor!"
Anna said enthusiastically, jumping up and down, delighted at the thought of powerful magick, though she soon regretted this and grabbed her chest.
"Ow...damn it...ow!"
She grunted.
"No jumping...got it."
She said as she loved towards the elevator with Udella.
He smiled wryly, giving the crystal a quick check to make sure Anna was not hurt by her activity, "Careful, sweetie... and yes, that was a lot of power. I don't think I'll ever lug around that much power again... and I hope I'll never have to take down another Labyrinth again, either..."
He stepped over and pressed the call button, waiting for the elevator to arrive, "Now, it's entirely possible we'll be met by some people who don't particularly like me when we get to Boston... fortunately, I intend to be there ahead of time to provide sniper coverage, just in case - I may not have much direct power yet, but my future self will be a time traveler, as far as I can tell, and if my future self shows up on a rooftop to provide multi-angle cover fire with a good rifle, that's hardly something my present self can be prosecuted for, is it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next