Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 22 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:37 pm

[Serge and Nicole] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

'I know the deal, anything that comes in gets the once-over.' she replied. 'But what the hell do you expect when I'm supposed to get my own gear? Ain't like I've got a rich Daddy, me. Doing this gig is costing me a bomb.' quickly polishing off her bowl as though it was nothing more than a light snack.

"Well all get our own equipment Miss Bouchard, this is not an ancient Summer Chantry that can afford to pay all expenses their members might have, we all have to find ways to support ourselves."
Darrian said and he raised and eyebrow.
"And we manage to do so without looting a potentially trapped Nephandi armory."

'Shit I would prefer to unsee.' was all that she said, finishing her food. Then she rose from the chair and stretched out her limbs. 'Thanks.' taking the bowl and giving Darrian a nod. 'Serge... can you drive?'

"Things that should be unseen indeed."
Darrian said darkly but then he smiled.
"I am glad you enjoyed the food Miss Bouchard."

"That would be harder but I could do that. But remember she won't last forever. As soon as I leave she'll be gone again. Is that OK with you?" Serge warned.

"I understand and I am ok with it, I know she will not be real I will just be seeing her, it is just that I miss her."
Strawberry said and she looked down sadly.

"All vegetables are the worst. Can't think of any reason that I'd them over literally anything else."

"I really like carrots, and sweet corn and cabbage it is good to eat. I like to eat."
The tiny werrat said.

"So exactly what you'd expect." Serge said with a shrug not sure what else he was expecting out of a Nephandi labyrinth. "A flesh gun could've been a cool defense tool in the Labyrinth. It might not be as paradoxical within the Labyrinth and would've cause more psychological horror."

"Why would a flesh gun cause more psycological terror than just the walls being flesh and organs and seeing what the Nephandi had done to...their prisoners?"
Darrian asked and he raised an eyebrow again.

[Colin] (Boston Umbral port at 7 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "Very true - but the closer to the precise now the future events are, the more certain they become. I would not trust events two months in the future to occur precisely as I have foreseen, but information on events taking place five minutes in the future is quite reliable. And my wife-to-be is... quite fascinating, yes. Highly determined, you could say."

"Forgive me Mr Steed it is not my place to question but why do you think this? Free will play just as much into the picture for something happening in five minutes as in five years."
The Mercere asked.
"She sounds like quite a woman, I wish the two of you happiness."

He gave Anna a proud grin, "Mostly, you would be right about that, but weakling kings who never actually accomplished anything on their own have generally not lasted long or been particularly well remembered in the history books. However, I am so going to tell you all about Britain's own princes - Charles, and his sons William and Harry. All three qualified military pilots, just like me. Though, admittedly, of the three only Harry has an actual war record. Not all royals are wastrels, even today."

"I am not saying that no royal person are qualified, some of them are naturally skilled and they have the benefit of wealth and the best education money can buy, the problem is that when you base your rule of birth and not skill that really do not work for the far more skilled and suitable person might not be born into the right family and so the nation suffers. I prefer a meritocrazy Mentor."
Anna said and she shook her head.

He smiled thinly, "You'll find gloves quite useful from time to time, sweetie... you might not need them on a daily basis, but Boston usually drops below freezing in the winter months."

Anna smiled a little at that.
"True Mentor I do nto like to freeze on my fingers and having a nice pair of gloves like real ladies have might make me feel classy you know."
She commented and looked down at her hands.

(OOC: Ranimating dead family members can be a tricky bussiness. Have fun at your game Warp.)

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

You grabbed your phone can called someone, anyone you could think of for help, the first one on your list being Fran, after a short moment the death maga picked up.
"Yes Adley? What can I do for you?"
She asked, she sounded tired and sad, weightend down by the mercy she had been force to give the wounded woman with her spice exposed.

Richard was bleeding from multiple stab wounds, applying pressy to some of them might help, so might perhaps cautorizing them, a good healer would be able to work around the additional damage fire had caused and right now the trick would be to keep him from bleeding out until help could get here. In the background Jeffry was binding the still unconcious Theodora's hands and fingers just to be sure she was secured for now until everyting was cleared up.

(OOC: Forgive my late reply I sort of ended up on the sofa with a book today having a bit of a slow day.)

He nodded, "Agreed. I was not aware the chap was a Fallen Traditionalist, though - that might lend a little more credibility to the letter, if records of him can be recovered."

"He might not have been a Traditionalist he might have Fallen between the time the Adepts left the Union and they accepted Dr Spence's amnesty and joined the Traditions. In either case the Adepts might have records of this apprentice which might lead some credability but notmuch he is after all still Fallen.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 22 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:00 pm

[Boston Umbral Port, 7 PM]
"Forgive me Mr Steed it is not my place to question but why do you think this? Free will play just as much into the picture for something happening in five minutes as in five years."
The Mercere asked.
"She sounds like quite a woman, I wish the two of you happiness."
Colin smiled thinly, "Free will is only a relevant concern when there's a meaningful, informed choice. My foreknowledge does not affect their planning, only the outcome of their plans when we clash."

"I am not saying that no royal person are qualified, some of them are naturally skilled and they have the benefit of wealth and the best education money can buy, the problem is that when you base your rule of birth and not skill that really do not work for the far more skilled and suitable person might not be born into the right family and so the nation suffers. I prefer a meritocrazy Mentor."
Anna said and she shook her head.
He nodded, "And you are right, a proper meritocracy is preferable to any system of hereditary power in most cases. There is, however, something to be said for the stability offered by a hereditary monarchy in combination with democratic or meritocratic governments."

"He might not have been a Traditionalist he might have Fallen between the time the Adepts left the Union and they accepted Dr Spence's amnesty and joined the Traditions. In either case the Adepts might have records of this apprentice which might lead some credability but notmuch he is after all still Fallen.
He nodded, "In any case, let's get a move on. We have an ambush to surprise."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, know the whole set-up is utterly classist, like internships. But let me put it this way: we'd have had a better result today if I'd not been toting a weapon older than Walter Cronkite.'

Serge's Post:

'Need someone to go shotgun. Got a car that needs picking up.' scratching her head for a moment. 'Well, I'm off; need to get my pistol back. Oh... is there any chance you could turn my car back to normal [aka remove the police colours]?' looking at Darrian again.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:00 pm

'Yeah, know the whole set-up is utterly classist, like internships. But let me put it this way: we'd have had a better result today if I'd not been toting a weapon older than Walter Cronkite.'

"Classist? I have to pay for my apartment and the equipment and supplies I use as well Miss Bouchard. This Chantry do not have endless resources and there just is not money to pay for the equipment everyone living here might need. However the rent is cheap and we have accsess to resources like labs and a library as well as the protection several magi living in one place can give. I hardly think that is an unfair arangement."
Darrian said and he raised an eyebrow at your words.

'Need someone to go shotgun. Got a car that needs picking up.' scratching her head for a moment. 'Well, I'm off; need to get my pistol back. Oh... is there any chance you could turn my car back to normal [aka remove the police colours]?' looking at Darrian again.

"I will take care of it Miss Bouchard...let me see you just need to reverse a spell right? This should take care of it pour it in a bucket of water and splash it over the car, that should do it."
The alchemist said and he found a small bottle in one of his pockets and tossed it over to you.

Colin smiled thinly, "Free will is only a relevant concern when there's a meaningful, informed choice. My foreknowledge does not affect their planning, only the outcome of their plans when we clash."

"So what you are saying Sir is that there is a script to our lives, with no free will or choice, we are just playing a part unless we become aware of the script?"
The Mercere said and raised an eyebrow.
"Forgive me Sir but I find that world view to depressive to believe in. I am sure divination and preminitions can give valuable information but nothing absolute."

He nodded, "And you are right, a proper meritocracy is preferable to any system of hereditary power in most cases. There is, however, something to be said for the stability offered by a hereditary monarchy in combination with democratic or meritocratic governments."

"Stability are over rated Mentor, especially when it stops progress as lower quality rulers are venerated just because of who their parents are. I think a monarchy belong in the past and in fairy tail books not as a system that should be used in our modern world."
Anna protested and frowned.

He nodded, "In any case, let's get a move on. We have an ambush to surprise."

"Yeah let us go and kick their butts Mentor!"
Anna commented and smiled.
"Well at least let us go take care of this but do not get to over eager my dear."
Udella said kindly to Anna and the little girl sigh.
"Let us head to the car then ladies and my good man."
He said with a floorish of his right hand before he headed towards the exist.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:27 pm

"So what you are saying Sir is that there is a script to our lives, with no free will or choice, we are just playing a part unless we become aware of the script?"
The Mercere said and raised an eyebrow.
"Forgive me Sir but I find that world view to depressive to believe in. I am sure divination and preminitions can give valuable information but nothing absolute."
Colin shook his head, "Not at all. I'm saying people don't tend to deviate from their plans on so short notice without pressing reasons. It's related to why planning far ahead in chess is so difficult, for example, because there are so many different choices your opponent can make depending on your moves, and that makes it equally difficult to try to magically predict, too. It is as the old military saying goes - any plan survives up to the first encounter with the enemy."

"Stability are over rated Mentor, especially when it stops progress as lower quality rulers are venerated just because of who their parents are. I think a monarchy belong in the past and in fairy tail books not as a system that should be used in our modern world."
Anna protested and frowned.
He shrugged, "Stability is never overrated. Stagnation is. There needs to be a balance between, well... it's the same thing as with magic, actually - you need a balance between the Dynamic, Static and Entropic. This is generally best achieved by having one part of government serving for an extended period of time, and another being subject to more frequent change. The US fails in this regard by having a system where every single position in government - Senate, House or President - can be replaced every four years. It is where countries like Saudi-Arabia fail by having a totalitarian monarchy. "

"Yeah let us go and kick their butts Mentor!"
Anna commented and smiled.
"Well at least let us go take care of this but do not get to over eager my dear."
Udella said kindly to Anna and the little girl sigh.
"Let us head to the car then ladies and my good man."
He said with a floorish of his right hand before he headed towards the exist.
He nodded and swapped out the magazine in the pistol, replacing Anna's special bullets with plain ones, "Quite, let us be about it - I would say we only have one shot at this, but that seems a touch inaccurate, since I've apparently survived this several times..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:39 pm

"I understand and I am ok with it, I know she will not be real I will just be seeing her, it is just that I miss her."
Strawberry said and she looked down sadly.

"Alright then. Describe her to me. I'll draw what you say." Serge said as he turned to a new page in his book and waited for the description. "Try to remember her as you do. All of her quirks and habits and mannerisms."

"Why would a flesh gun cause more psycological terror than just the walls being flesh and organs and seeing what the Nephandi had done to...their prisoners?"
Darrian asked and he raised an eyebrow again.

"Umm...well....I dunno it'd be cooler. Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud." Serge said quieting down and not pursuing that particular topic.

Nicole wrote:'Need someone to go shotgun. Got a car that needs picking up.' scratching her head for a moment. 'Well, I'm off; need to get my pistol back. Oh... is there any chance you could turn my car back to normal [aka remove the police colours]?' looking at Darrian again.

"Alright then. See ya." Serge said giving a friendly farewell. "I should probably head back up myself. Although I'm not too keen on balancing a tray full of food and hot coffee up those damn stairs."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Anja's Post:

'Exactly. The time we have to help the chantry, the works we do and the kit we wield is all tied to how much cash we have. Oh, you can't go to work today 'cos the Union are gunning for us - bam, down a hundred fifty bucks. Your car gets totalled in a chase from Crypids - several grand down the toilet. Some fucker pulls something and your weapon is destroyed - at least five hundred to replace.' Nicole replied fervently.

'It's a system which stinks of the 19th Century; that us lot all have "private incomes" or the like which means green ain't an issue. My first apprenticeship expected me to pull at least twenty hour a week for free. That ain't fair for the folk who can't afford all that.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole caught it, then slipped it into a pocket with a nod of thanks.

Serge's Post:

'Hurry up and I'll do an assist.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:05 am

"Yes Adley? What can I do for you?" She asked

He looked over at Welder also, to see if she'd suffered any wounds and needed help or if she could offer help now that Theodora was not possessed. As soon as Fran picked up, he started to speak quickly, still out of breath. "We need Dr Wong, I saw them in the infirmary, or Nassa," he said, following up with Richard's room number. "Multiple deadly stab wounds, please get one of them, hurry." He squashed the phone to his shoulder as he applied pressure to what he could best judge the worst areas. He said to his pater, "If you can cauterize these it might help, it's really bad...I'm afraid he'll bleed out..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:42 am

'Exactly. The time we have to help the chantry, the works we do and the kit we wield is all tied to how much cash we have. Oh, you can't go to work today 'cos the Union are gunning for us - bam, down a hundred fifty bucks. Your car gets totalled in a chase from Crypids - several grand down the toilet. Some fucker pulls something and your weapon is destroyed - at least five hundred to replace.' Nicole replied fervently.

'It's a system which stinks of the 19th Century; that us lot all have "private incomes" or the like which means green ain't an issue. My first apprenticeship expected me to pull at least twenty hour a week for free. That ain't fair for the folk who can't afford all that.'

"Off course it can be hard for those who have a low paying job, but what exactly do you propose be done about it. This Chantry just do not have the resources to feed and clothe it's members. The Traditions do not have a faction like the Syndicate that generate money that can be used to provide free equipment for it's members and as such in most Chantries the members are expected to provide for themselves, and I do not think it is an unfair expectation Miss Bouchard."
Darrian said and he glanced over at you.
"And as for apprenticeships a Mentor have to be allowed to expect payment from their students, if not many would not be motivated to take on students and then where would the Traditions be. I expect Arn to work both for me and for this Chantry in exhange for the instruction I give him."
He said and sigh, clearly still worried about his wounded apprentice.

"Alright then. Describe her to me. I'll draw what you say." Serge said as he turned to a new page in his book and waited for the description. "Try to remember her as you do. All of her quirks and habits and mannerisms."

"Decribe her? Hum let me see she is small and plump about six year old, she have dark blond, curly hair in a ponytail with a bow on it. She have pouty lips, a small nose and large blue eyes and she usually wears sweaters and pants. There is a small mole on her right cheek, a little dot. She is cute and kind and luagh allot, she likes to play with her dollies."
Strawberry said and smiled.

"Umm...well....I dunno it'd be cooler. Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud." Serge said quieting down and not pursuing that particular topic.

Darrian gave you a very odd look but he said nothing more about it.

Colin shook his head, "Not at all. I'm saying people don't tend to deviate from their plans on so short notice without pressing reasons. It's related to why planning far ahead in chess is so difficult, for example, because there are so many different choices your opponent can make depending on your moves, and that makes it equally difficult to try to magically predict, too. It is as the old military saying goes - any plan survives up to the first encounter with the enemy."

"Hum...you do have a point there Mr Steed and I guess that makes sense."
Erin said then he sigh.
"Well I have taken up enough of your time Sir, for me predicting the future is rather...confusing, I tend to focus on the here and now and doing my job."

He shrugged, "Stability is never overrated. Stagnation is. There needs to be a balance between, well... it's the same thing as with magic, actually - you need a balance between the Dynamic, Static and Entropic. This is generally best achieved by having one part of government serving for an extended period of time, and another being subject to more frequent change. The US fails in this regard by having a system where every single position in government - Senate, House or President - can be replaced every four years. It is where countries like Saudi-Arabia fail by having a totalitarian monarchy. "

"I guess it is stagnation that is the problem, but it is allmost impossible to not get stagnation when you let one family rule for centuries, either then you are in danger of getting an idiot with the right family connections as your ruler or you get expensive figure heads that are somehow supposed to be venerated having really done nothing. It is far better to let one skilled leader rule until he or she is not doing a good job anymore and then kill them."
Anna declared.

He nodded and swapped out the magazine in the pistol, replacing Anna's special bullets with plain ones, "Quite, let us be about it - I would say we only have one shot at this, but that seems a touch inaccurate, since I've apparently survived this several times..."

"Well let us make this the time it counts then."
Udella said. When you reached the exist Rodger pulled a device out of his pocket that looked like it had been cobbeled together from several pieces of brass, with switched and leavers. It was not large, just about the sixe of a pack of strom matches. Rodger took a ligther and set fire to something in a small compartment of the device, then he put the ligther away and pulled several levers and adjusted a dial.
"The transdimentional portal should be open now my good friends."
He declared then he bowed to Udella and Anna.
"Ladies first."
He said and then waited for them to leave the Umbral port before following himself and then waiting for you on the other side.

Fran probably wanted to ask what was happening but there where no time and you heard her speak to someone in the room with her.
"Dr Wong, Dr Lee is seriously wounded, he is in his room, he needs immediate help Sir."
You heard a man exclaim something in Mandarin and then someone running.
"Dr Wong is on his way down now."
Fran told you.
"What is happening down there?"

Jeffry looked at you and nodded to your request, he sat down next to the wounded Akashic and started moving his hands with quick, precise movements, Richard groanded in pain as his wounds got cauterized, it was a painful treatment but at least he stopped bleeding.

Captain Welder was awake and rather terrified, this on top of the trauma she had already experienced, she was praying softly, she was not more wounded than she had been before but at the same thim she was still to hurt to probably be of much help.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:14 am

"Hum...you do have a point there Mr Steed and I guess that makes sense."
Erin said then he sigh.
"Well I have taken up enough of your time Sir, for me predicting the future is rather...confusing, I tend to focus on the here and now and doing my job."
Colin nodded, "Prognostication is a tricky beast, and the further ahead you try to predict something, the more likely it is to change in any case..."

"I guess it is stagnation that is the problem, but it is allmost impossible to not get stagnation when you let one family rule for centuries, either then you are in danger of getting an idiot with the right family connections as your ruler or you get expensive figure heads that are somehow supposed to be venerated having really done nothing. It is far better to let one skilled leader rule until he or she is not doing a good job anymore and then kill them."
Anna declared.
He chuckled softly, "If you let one family rule on its own, yes, things stagnate quickly. On the other hand, if the ruling body, as in the case of a democratically elected parliament in position for but a handful of years, never has to sit long enough to see the consequences of their decisions, things will invariably fall apart quickly. As for letting one skilled ruler keep the job for life in the way you describe... that's despotism, and it's really not a good form of government unless the despot is truly enlightened. That sort of position does not tend to be held by enlightened, benevolent people... Unfortunately."

"Well let us make this the time it counts then."
Udella said. When you reached the exist Rodger pulled a device out of his pocket that looked like it had been cobbeled together from several pieces of brass, with switched and leavers. It was not large, just about the sixe of a pack of strom matches. Rodger took a ligther and set fire to something in a small compartment of the device, then he put the ligther away and pulled several levers and adjusted a dial.
"The transdimentional portal should be open now my good friends."
He declared then he bowed to Udella and Anna.
"Ladies first."
He said and then waited for them to leave the Umbral port before following himself and then waiting for you on the other side.
He arched an eyebrow at Rodger's device, following close behind the older pilot, "A steam-powered portal key? That's... actually quite brilliant; not much chance of accidentally activating it like one might with a battery powered device..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:18 am

"And as for apprenticeships a Mentor have to be allowed to expect payment from their students, if not many would not be motivated to take on students and then where would the Traditions be. I expect Arn to work both for me and for this Chantry in exhange for the instruction I give him."
He said and sigh, clearly still worried about his wounded apprentice.

"Oh Arn's your apprentice?" Serge said glancing at Darrien. "Actually, I probably should've guessed actually....anyways I was just talking to him in the infirmary. I managed to calm him down and he's doing a lot better. He's still a little depressed but he's resting easy now."

"Decribe her? Hum let me see she is small and plump about six year old, she have dark blond, curly hair in a ponytail with a bow on it. She have pouty lips, a small nose and large blue eyes and she usually wears sweaters and pants. There is a small mole on her right cheek, a little dot. She is cute and kind and luagh allot, she likes to play with her dollies."

Serge drew the image as the were-rat described her, almost reading her mind as he began to have the image of the girl within his mind. It started off as a round circle and as more and more details were added, Serge began to transform the girl's words and the feeling they held into a work of art.

A small innocent six-year old girl with big blue eyes and a long ponytail ending tied together with a pretty bow.  He drew her pouty lips, a smallish nose, and the signature mole on the girls face just as Strawberry had described. The girl was smiling and waving towards the page, as if greeting a long-lost friend.

"You must have liked her a lot if you could remember so many things." Serge mused as he held up the picture. "How's this? Am I missing anything?"

Nicole wrote:'Hurry up and I'll do an assist.'

"Some help would be awesome, thanks Nicole. Just let me finish up this one trick and I'll bring the tray up." Serge said without looking at Nicole. He was too engrossed in his drawing of the six-year old girl.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:05 am

Colin nodded, "Prognostication is a tricky beast, and the further ahead you try to predict something, the more likely it is to change in any case..."

"I see Mr Steed, I do not know enough about the topic to really comment though."
Erin said.

He chuckled softly, "If you let one family rule on its own, yes, things stagnate quickly. On the other hand, if the ruling body, as in the case of a democratically elected parliament in position for but a handful of years, never has to sit long enough to see the consequences of their decisions, things will invariably fall apart quickly. As for letting one skilled ruler keep the job for life in the way you describe... that's despotism, and it's really not a good form of government unless the despot is truly enlightened. That sort of position does not tend to be held by enlightened, benevolent people... Unfortunately."

"Why would it be worse if someone stayed in power for life if they where elected to the position than if they where born to it. I do not buy the idea that royalty are some sort of elevated personas that is just mosre fit to rule, they are human just like everyone else. Also if the problem is that elected rules do not stay in office long enough then just make their terms longer and you solce that problem, you do not need figureheads that are somehow made to be elevated based on nothing but their birth to have stability in a society."
Anna protested.

He arched an eyebrow at Rodger's device, following close behind the older pilot, "A steam-powered portal key? That's... actually quite brilliant; not much chance of accidentally activating it like one might with a battery powered device..."

"I am glad you like it Mr ehm Steed was it in here? I find the device to be most useful."
Rodger said before he blew out the fire in the tiny machine and replaced it in his pocket once everyone where though.
"Well then let us head for the car shall we."
He asked and walked in that direction.

"Oh Arn's your apprentice?" Serge said glancing at Darrien. "Actually, I probably should've guessed actually....anyways I was just talking to him in the infirmary. I managed to calm him down and he's doing a lot better. He's still a little depressed but he's resting easy now."

"He is my apprentice right...and if you where the one to calm him down, then thank you Mr Yager I owe you one. I briefely visited the infirmary and I was told he was resting, poor kid I hope he will recover."
Darrian said he sounded rather concerned.

Serge drew the image as the were-rat described her, almost reading her mind as he began to have the image of the girl within his mind. It started off as a round circle and as more and more details were added, Serge began to transform the girl's words and the feeling they held into a work of art.

A small innocent six-year old girl with big blue eyes and a long ponytail ending tied together with a pretty bow. He drew her pouty lips, a smallish nose, and the signature mole on the girls face just as Strawberry had described. The girl was smiling and waving towards the page, as if greeting a long-lost friend.

"You must have liked her a lot if you could remember so many things." Serge mused as he held up the picture. "How's this? Am I missing anything?"

Strawberry looked at the drawing and clapped her hands hands together happily.
"That is her, that is Emily your drawing is perfect."
She anounced then she nodded.
"I liked her she was very kind, but at time she is hard to remember as I was just a regular rat at the time and so my mind was...simpler in a way, it is hard to explain."
She explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Anja's Post:

'Accepting it is a problem is a good start. 'Cos the current system is driving away otherwise good folk. The whole 'prentice system is broken. Think - it is in your personal interest-' giving a little look to Darrian '-to take a student who looks "right", has Daddy's money to get all the gear straight off and can follow you around like a puppy 24/7 to do chores for you than the better candidate who looks "wrong" and can't afford to be your willing slave.'

Serge:

Nicole gave a nod to this.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:50 pm

"Dr Wong, Dr Lee is seriously wounded, he is in his room, he needs immediate help Sir." You heard a man exclaim something in Mandarin and then someone running.
"Dr Wong is on his way down now." Fran told you. "What is happening down there?"

"Tell them to bring their kit, we probably need blood transfusion for him too..." he said, hoping that Wong knew who to get blood from that was right to use. Fran was still in the infirmary - that was lucky, and saved a lot of time that Dr Wong was already there. Maybe Richard would make it...it looked bad though, very bad. "Not exactly sure yet," he said to her question, it was clear that whatever it was he'd exerted himself as if he'd been running - or fighting - though.

Jeffry looked at you and nodded to your request, he sat down next to the wounded Akashic and started moving his hands with quick, precise movements, Richard groanded in pain as his wounds got cauterized, it was a painful treatment but at least he stopped bleeding.

He moved his hands out of the way of the ones being worked on and then to another, if he needed to do so - the spell was careful and he knew he would have been hard pressed to do anything like it in the condition he was in now. The results were not pretty but he was not bleeding, and that meant the doctor could get to them. "Do you want someone down here to help us, I have someone on the phone..." he asked, after his pater finished doing what he could do. "Is she okay?" he asked, glancing at his sodalis for a moment - bound up and passed out, Theodora also had suffered wounds as well as being possessed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:36 pm

'Accepting it is a problem is a good start. 'Cos the current system is driving away otherwise good folk. The whole 'prentice system is broken. Think - it is in your personal interest-' giving a little look to Darrian '-to take a student who looks "right", has Daddy's money to get all the gear straight off and can follow you around like a puppy 24/7 to do chores for you than the better candidate who looks "wrong" and can't afford to be your willing slave.'

"It is strange then Miss Bouchard then if the apprentice system is so broken that there is never an end to quite willing apprentices looking for a teacher. First of all far som all apprentices are rich, most of the time in the Order apprentice have little or no contact with their parents or their money and most teachers want to look for the most promising student not the richest. Yes apprentices generally do chores for their Mentors and that is not a problem, those who teach have spent time and reources to get the knowledge they teach their student it stand to reason that some payment is offered for that tutledge. If I decide ask for a second apprenticeship to study Time for example I do not expect to get that for free. If someone is driven away because they are not willing to pay a teacher with doing chores then they are probably not someone the Traditions need in the first place."
Darrian said firmly.

"Tell them to bring their kit, we probably need blood transfusion for him too..." he said, hoping that Wong knew who to get blood from that was right to use. Fran was still in the infirmary - that was lucky, and saved a lot of time that Dr Wong was already there. Maybe Richard would make it...it looked bad though, very bad. "Not exactly sure yet," he said to her question, it was clear that whatever it was he'd exerted himself as if he'd been running - or fighting - though.

"I will tell him."
Fran said then she spoke to the running doctor before he got out of earsot.
"Dr Wong you should bring your kit it is likely Dr Lee will need a blood transfusion."
She said then she adressed you again.
"He says he is bringing his kit and that Dr Lee is A positive so a donor or donors with that blood type have to be found. I do not match his blood type unfertunatly."
The death magus said.
"Are you injured though Adley? You sound...ah forgive me you sound tired."

He moved his hands out of the way of the ones being worked on and then to another, if he needed to do so - the spell was careful and he knew he would have been hard pressed to do anything like it in the condition he was in now. The results were not pretty but he was not bleeding, and that meant the doctor could get to them. "Do you want someone down here to help us, I have someone on the phone..." he asked, after his pater finished doing what he could do. "Is she okay?" he asked, glancing at his sodalis for a moment - bound up and passed out, Theodora also had suffered wounds as well as being possessed.

"I think a healer is what we need for now, once that healer is here I can get our Sodalis downstairs, yes she is fine I think, I banished the entity controlling her the shock just made her faith I will find Mr Rush and have him have a look at her injuries but they are not severe, once she comes around she can be questioned, but we will give her a few moments."
Your Mentor said and then Dr Wang rushed into the room, he was a tall Asian man with a sharp, handsome face, short black hair and a lean, muscular body, he was wearing black pants and a white shirt and had a beg with him, seeing his apprentice his eyes widened but he had no time to ask he just put his bag down and started working through several katas with sharp precicion. Richard was still just laying there slightly whimpering, the bed, Captain Welder and most of the room was drenched in his blood and he looked so pale and weak, as you watched though his wounds closed, where they had been cauterized there was still marks but they where just dark pink splotches on his skin. Dr Wong stopped the karas after a while and drew a deep breah.
"I have healed him but he will need blood transfusions I can make blood but it will not have Quintessence in it and so he will be very weak, either will need to transfuse blood from a donor or use Quintessence to make the blood I create more real, the first option is simpler."
He said as he gently eased Richard down onto the floor and dovered him with the one, mostly clean blanket that he could find, one that had been folded up on top of a shelf.
"Do you know of anyone who are A positive and might be willing to help and that we can reach quickly, for if not I will create new blood to save is life and then I will need to get some Tass to empower that blood later, at least the artificial blood will carry nutrients and oxygen for now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:51 pm

"Why would it be worse if someone stayed in power for life if they where elected to the position than if they where born to it. I do not buy the idea that royalty are some sort of elevated personas that is just mosre fit to rule, they are human just like everyone else. Also if the problem is that elected rules do not stay in office long enough then just make their terms longer and you solce that problem, you do not need figureheads that are somehow made to be elevated based on nothing but their birth to have stability in a society."
Anna protested.
Colin frowned, "Because elections can be rigged, and someone who manipulates an electoral system to gain total power is much harder to remove than someone who merely inherited it. In any case, you do raise some quite valid points, and in my opinion, the best - though perhaps not ideal - workable solution we presently have is a compromise between a long-term head of state and a shorter-term congress or parliament. But, this is something to discuss later."
He grinned, "One thing is certain, your future civics teacher is either going to love you or hate you, but either way, class discussions will be interesting."

"I am glad you like it Mr ehm Steed was it in here? I find the device to be most useful."
Rodger said before he blew out the fire in the tiny machine and replaced it in his pocket once everyone where though.
"Well then let us head for the car shall we."
He asked and walked in that direction.
He nodded and reached out his free hand to Anna, "Very good, lead the way, Cap'n."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Colin frowned, "Because elections can be rigged, and someone who manipulates an electoral system to gain total power is much harder to remove than someone who merely inherited it. In any case, you do raise some quite valid points, and in my opinion, the best - though perhaps not ideal - workable solution we presently have is a compromise between a long-term head of state and a shorter-term congress or parliament. But, this is something to discuss later."
He grinned, "One thing is certain, your future civics teacher is either going to love you or hate you, but either way, class discussions will be interesting."

"How would it be harder to remove someone elceted than someone who have inherited their position? That makes no sense Mentor what would make removing a ruler hard or easy all depend on what security they have and their personal power, not whatever or not they inherited these things or not."
Anna said sounding skeptically.
"Very well Mentor we can discuss it later."
She agreed with a sigh.

He nodded and reached out his free hand to Anna, "Very good, lead the way, Cap'n."

Anna took your hand firmly as Richard lead the way to the car and held the door open for Udella and Anna before getting into the driver's seat and then he waited for you to get in.
"So are we ready for what we know is coming ladies and gentlemen?"
He asked and patted the pocket where he might be keeping his gun.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:03 pm

"How would it be harder to remove someone elceted than someone who have inherited their position? That makes no sense Mentor what would make removing a ruler hard or easy all depend on what security they have and their personal power, not whatever or not they inherited these things or not."
Anna said sounding skeptically.
She agreed with a sigh.
He smiled wryly, "Because someone who has manipulated an election would generally have the power base and determination to make themselves a needlessly hard target - like a couple of individuals I might name. You'll get to learn of those soon enough, though; it's not a topic for the here and now."

Anna took your hand firmly as Richard lead the way to the car and held the door open for Udella and Anna before getting into the driver's seat and then he waited for you to get in.
"So are we ready for what we know is coming ladies and gentlemen?"
He asked and patted the pocket where he might be keeping his gun.
He nodded and slipped into the passenger seat, drawing his gun again and contemplating the muzzle of it, "Pretty much. I'm going to try to give us a little extra luck while we're underway, though. I'm more comfortable with that than spatial manipulation."
He placed the gun in his lap, and drew his chaos wand, beginning to draw a slow horizontal spiral in the air, slowly chanting, "Fortuna Magnus in Periculum..."

((OOC: So, essentially, working a plain luck boost for everyone in the car with E2. Arete rolls: 4,5,8 - 3,6,9 - 6,6,7 - 3,3,7 - 3,7,0. I think Colin should have the time for five rolls before the ambush, and I think that's pushing his luck for a luck boost enough. If he has less time than that before the car makes funny noises, subtract the excess rolls. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:12 pm

He smiled wryly, "Because someone who has manipulated an election would generally have the power base and determination to make themselves a needlessly hard target - like a couple of individuals I might name. You'll get to learn of those soon enough, though; it's not a topic for the here and now."

"A powerful family could just as easily have allies, bought officials and having played with the same dirty tricks as someone who have manipulated an election, in fact you could say the only reason why they do not manipulate election is that the system have already done that for them by making them venerated from birth."
Anna protested then she sigh again.

He nodded and slipped into the passenger seat, drawing his gun again and contemplating the muzzle of it, "Pretty much. I'm going to try to give us a little extra luck while we're underway, though. I'm more comfortable with that than spatial manipulation."

Rodger nodded at that.
"That souund like a plan my good man I will wait until you have worked your effect before starting the car up then."
He said as he slipped his seat belt on.

He placed the gun in his lap, and drew his chaos wand, beginning to draw a slow horizontal spiral in the air, slowly chanting, "Fortuna Magnus in Periculum..."

Rodger waited while you cast your spell, it did seam to go fairly well. Anna you noticed paid close attention to what you where doing. Once you where done Rodger started the car up and drove off. After a minutes he grunted as the car made a strange sound and started rolling towards a little used ally.
"We better all get ready."
Udella said and she unclipped her seat belt so she could get out of the car quickly. Rodger did the same.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Anja's Post:

'You just don't get it.' Nicole replied, shaking her head a little. 'It's not a question to be willing to "pay", but unable to. For some, playing the lackey may mean they're evicted from their apartment or can't pay their bills. And what about those who have to look after kids? Daycare costs a bomb, or they're gonna need time to do it themselves.'

'"If someone is driven away because they are not willing to pay a teacher with doing chores then they are probably not someone the Traditions need in the first place".' Nicole repeated, with slightly narrowed eyes. 'Nice one. A system which favours students who have ample free time, no money worries and no family duties. And then blaming the victim themselves for "not being willing" 'cos their training stalls because pesky things like life get in the way.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:34 pm

"A powerful family could just as easily have allies, bought officials and having played with the same dirty tricks as someone who have manipulated an election, in fact you could say the only reason why they do not manipulate election is that the system have already done that for them by making them venerated from birth."
Anna protested then she sigh again.
Colin nodded, "Allies and minions, yes - but less likely the drive and determination to seize power and keep it."

Rodger nodded at that.
"That souund like a plan my good man I will wait until you have worked your effect before starting the car up then."
He said as he slipped his seat belt on.
He nodded, "Might as well - it'll take a couple of moments, I think."

Rodger waited while you cast your spell, it did seam to go fairly well. Anna you noticed paid close attention to what you where doing. Once you where done Rodger started the car up and drove off. After a minutes he grunted as the car made a strange sound and started rolling towards a little used ally.
"We better all get ready."
Udella said and she unclipped her seat belt so she could get out of the car quickly. Rodger did the same.
He nodded and picked up the pistol again, gently thumbing the safety off, and unbuckled the belt, using his left hand to reach for the door, "Indeed. The only question is whether they are waiting in the alley, or whether they come in after us... Time to make a some people unhappy."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:43 pm

"He is my apprentice right...and if you where the one to calm him down, then thank you Mr Yager I owe you one. I briefely visited the infirmary and I was told he was resting, poor kid I hope he will recover."
Darrian said he sounded rather concerned.

"He'll be fine." Serge assured the concerned mentor. "He's recovering, he's got his Avatar back and is currently hanging out with her in the land of dreams. Probably having a picnic or a potion throwing contest or something."

Strawberry looked at the drawing and clapped her hands hands together happily.
"That is her, that is Emily your drawing is perfect."
She anounced then she nodded.
"I liked her she was very kind, but at time she is hard to remember as I was just a regular rat at the time and so my mind was...simpler in a way, it is hard to explain."
She explained.

"No I get what you mean. Reading the minds of animals was always a challenge for me." Serge said with a smile. "Not in a bad way. Animals just have a simpler way of looking at life than what I'm used too."

He held up the picture to his own face and smiled. "You never get to hear about owner's from the point of view of their pets. It's interesting. She played with you. Fed you. Loved you. You two were friends for a long time. I'm sure now that your human you have a bunch more complicated emotions for her. I'm sure she'd love to see you again."

He placed the drawing at the center of the table and held one hand on it. He looked up at Strawberry....and then had a surprise look on his face and stared at something behind her before saying, "Hey Strawberry. Look behind you. I think someone's calling you."

Stifling a smile, he snapped his finger and pointed to an empty space behind Strawberry and focused his mind. Using the drawing he had created as a focus he willed the Strawberry's imaginations to come to life within reality.

(OOC: Mind 3 + Entropy 1 effect to create an illusion of Emily behind Strawberry that acts how Strawberry expects it to act [thx to Entropy 1 which searches her mind and finds the most probable actions Strawberry believes Emily should take].

Arete Roll: 8, 5 4, 4 - 6, 10 2, 3

I think that's 3 successes  which is enough for a simple and moving illusion that affects two sensations. I will affect Strawberry's sight [to see Emily and have her wave her hands and move around] and her sense of hearing [to hear Emily talk] )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:05 am

'You just don't get it.' Nicole replied, shaking her head a little. 'It's not a question to be willing to "pay", but unable to. For some, playing the lackey may mean they're evicted from their apartment or can't pay their bills. And what about those who have to look after kids? Daycare costs a bomb, or they're gonna need time to do it themselves.'

"Usually a solution is found, we do want new, well trained mages but also remember that by far th majority Awaken in their late teens or early twenties before they have children, if a young mother Awakens off course some allowance would have to be given if se choose to keep the child and expose it to the dangers of the War. Most apprentices also live with their Mentors so paying for an apartment outside of the Chantry is not an issue."
Darrian said calmly.

'"If someone is driven away because they are not willing to pay a teacher with doing chores then they are probably not someone the Traditions need in the first place".' Nicole repeated, with slightly narrowed eyes. 'Nice one. A system which favours students who have ample free time, no money worries and no family duties. And then blaming the victim themselves for "not being willing" 'cos their training stalls because pesky things like life get in the way.'

"So someone is a victim now are they Miss Bouchard? No one said being a mage will be easy. If someone want to prioritize family andmundane life in general they are free to do so, chances are that someone who keep their head down and do not develop their magick will not make a target of themselves with the Union. Magick however take dedication and that means family obligations and other mundane issues have to take a back seat, and if someone is not willing to make the needed sacrifices then frankly the Traditions have no use of this person, there is no point in spending resources to train them, being trained in magick is no birth right."
The alchemist said.
"I would have liked to spend this weekend visiting my aging father, but I was needed by te Chantry and I did not have the time, the Chantry had to come first."
He said and shook his head.
"And there are plenty of young mages who have money issues and very few have planty of free time, it takes sacrifice simple as that. I have allowed Arn to finish his collage education but I doubt he will have time for a demanding career, learning magick and his duties to the Chantry will have to take precedence."

"He'll be fine." Serge assured the concerned mentor. "He's recovering, he's got his Avatar back and is currently hanging out with her in the land of dreams. Probably having a picnic or a potion throwing contest or something."

Darrian gave a slight chuckle at that.
"Well well now that is a nice thought."
He commented.
"Again thank you Mr Yager for helping him, I do appriciate it."

"No I get what you mean. Reading the minds of animals was always a challenge for me." Serge said with a smile. "Not in a bad way. Animals just have a simpler way of looking at life than what I'm used too."

"Simpler yes, and different, I had emotions and thoughts, I got happy and scared and sad and lonely and exited, all the emotions, but they where different."

He held up the picture to his own face and smiled. "You never get to hear about owner's from the point of view of their pets. It's interesting. She played with you. Fed you. Loved you. You two were friends for a long time. I'm sure now that your human you have a bunch more complicated emotions for her. I'm sure she'd love to see you again."

"She made sure my cage was always clean through she needed her older brother's help to pop the latch for it was to hard for her, she played with me and petted me and fed me candy even if she was not supposed to. I would love to see her again but her father did not like me, he hurt me."
The little shapeshifter said and looked dawn sadly.

He placed the drawing at the center of the table and held one hand on it. He looked up at Strawberry....and then had a surprise look on his face and stared at something behind her before saying, "Hey Strawberry. Look behind you. I think someone's calling you."

Stifling a smile, he snapped his finger and pointed to an empty space behind Strawberry and focused his mind. Using the drawing he had created as a focus he willed the Strawberry's imaginations to come to life within reality.

Strawberry turned around and made a squee of glee and then ran over to the illusion of Emily who seamed just as happy to see her.
"Emily look I can talk now."
Strawberry said and she and the illusion of the little girl started running around the kitchen happily playing. Darrian's large, black dog joined in and as a result there was quite a bit of a scuffle in the kitchen as the three of them played, though no one but Strawberry saw Emily.

Colin nodded, "Allies and minions, yes - but less likely the drive and determination to seize power and keep it."

"Why would it be less likely someone born in a high place want to sieze power and keep it than someone born in a low place Mentor?"
Anna asked and she gave you a skeptical look.

He nodded, "Might as well - it'll take a couple of moments, I think."

"I will wait then Mr Wainwright."
Rodger said and nodded.

He nodded and picked up the pistol again, gently thumbing the safety off, and unbuckled the belt, using his left hand to reach for the door, "Indeed. The only question is whether they are waiting in the alley, or whether they come in after us... Time to make a some people unhappy."

Rodger flipped his goggles down from his hat and placed them over his eyes.
"They are in there, I see two complex life forms and something I just can't get a reading on."
He said as he worked a dial on the goggles.
"But yes let us go and runing their day."
He agreed as the car stopped and he grabbed his pistol and stepped outside.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:12 am

Darrian gave a slight chuckle at that.
"Well well now that is a nice thought."
He commented.
"Again thank you Mr Yager for helping him, I do appriciate it."

"No problem. I'm just glad that I can be of some help." Serge said with a smile.

Strawberry turned around and made a squee of glee and then ran over to the illusion of Emily who seamed just as happy to see her.
"Emily look I can talk now."
Strawberry said and she and the illusion of the little girl started running around the kitchen happily playing. Darrian's large, black dog joined in and as a result there was quite a bit of a scuffle in the kitchen as the three of them played, though no one but Strawberry saw Emily.

Serge smiled as he saw the two girls playing around with each other. He was half-tempted to bring Darrien's dog into the mix but knew that their would be far too many complications. As soon as Mundi realized he couldn't smell Emily the illusion would be broken.

Serge instead directed his attention to finding another tray and placing some of the contents from the first tray onto the second so that Nicole and him could bring the hot and very spill-able food up the stairs. Afterwards he gently ripped the pictures of Emily and Strawberry and placed them on the table.

He looked at Darrien and said, "I probably have to head back up to the infirmary now. Tell Strawberry that she can keep the pictures. I would tell her myself but.... Serge turned his head towards the two girls and the one animal running around and playing, "She's a bit busy right now. The spell will last for a little while after I leave. Wish I could make it last longer...."

He tucked his sketchbook underneath his arm and lifted one of the trays very carefully. He waited for Nicole to do the same before climbing back up the stairs to deliver the food to the hungry patients.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:58 am

"No problem. I'm just glad that I can be of some help." Serge said with a smile.

"I still appriciate it young man."
Darrian said and he gave you a warm smile.
"I have been very worried about Arn."

Serge smiled as he saw the two girls playing around with each other. He was half-tempted to bring Darrien's dog into the mix but knew that their would be far too many complications. As soon as Mundi realized he couldn't smell Emily the illusion would be broken.

For some reason the large dog seamed to see your illusion, not that you had sent it to his mind, but his eyes folowed Emily's movements as he dashed around chasing her and Strawberry around the kitchen.

Serge instead directed his attention to finding another tray and placing some of the contents from the first tray onto the second so that Nicole and him could bring the hot and very spill-able food up the stairs. Afterwards he gently ripped the pictures of Emily and Strawberry and placed them on the table.

You found another tray, there where a stack of gray tays with darker gray details from Ikea on the bench near one if the cabinets so getting a tray where not a big task.

He looked at Darrien and said, "I probably have to head back up to the infirmary now. Tell Strawberry that she can keep the pictures. I would tell her myself but.... Serge turned his head towards the two girls and the one animal running around and playing, "She's a bit busy right now. The spell will last for a little while after I leave. Wish I could make it last longer...."

The alchemist gave a chuckle.
"Yes let us just let them play for now, as long as they don't spill my pots. I will tell her you left the drawings for her when they are done."
He said sounding amused as he watched Strawberry and Mundi play.
"You are a kind kid Mr Yager doing this for Miss Strawberry."
He said approvingly.
"Ok then I will not keep you."
He said as you made ready to leave.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next