Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 17 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:54 am

Anja's Post:

While deeply tempted by the promise of food, Nicole decided that the shower had to be first; couldn't enjoy a meal with the knowledge of what she would be sitting in. Plus, had smelt herself in the car enough too.

[I'm going to be offline for most of the day, due to work. So there's no imminent rush to cut Serge free. Once he does, though; I'm sure I can find a way for the two to run into each other].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 17 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:18 am

[Colin] (Steelhaven 2/2 2016)

Master Sinclair nodded.
"Well it is a minor issue non the less, and not important, I have accepted your reasons Mr Wainwright."

The old Hollower gave you a concerned look.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
He said then he nodded.
"I can tell you what I know, a member of the Knights Templar named Captain Welder was rescued from the Nephandi during the issues last autumn in Boston. The way I understood it she was in Boston looking for a Mr Karyak to discuss this new factions, however before she could reach him she was assassinated, and since she died in Traditionalist care her new faction blamed the Traditions, I did what I could as an ambassador to this new faction but the damage was done and while they have not been directly hostile towards us yet, however we have gained a new enemy that could have been an ally."
The Hollower said and frowned.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon.)

You got up to your new apartment, it was very plainely furnished, the living room had an old sofa, a table that looked like it was from the 70's. There where also two chairs, a book case, and old TV on a bench. The kitchen had a stove, a small table, a cabinet and a fridge. Then there was a small bed room with a bed with some fresh bed clothes, a night stand and a wardrobe. The bath had a loo, a cabinet, a sink, a mirror and a shower. It was a simple apartment but it was in good repair and comfortable.
(OOC: I will leave it to you then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:28 am

After looking for a moment at the TV - seeing if it had a set-top box [USA went digital in c'09, meaning old analogues no longer work] and then dumped her box and gun on the couch and started to remove her webbing and then boots. In her haste to get into the shower she'd left her apartment door wide open...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:39 am

[Nicole] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon)
The TV did not have a setvup box it had been there for a long time. At least the shower worked and while the dark blue tiles where out of date and out of fashion but everything was clean and freshly scrubbed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:54 am

Gave a "meh" shrug to the TV, dumped the webbing in no place in particular. Emptied her pockets, started to remove her shirt. Got distracted, went over to the couch and started to rifle through a backpack...

[No need to respond to this, Great One!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:05 pm

[Steelhaven, February 2nd, 2016]

Master Sinclair nodded.
"Well it is a minor issue non the less, and not important, I have accepted your reasons Mr Wainwright."

The old Hollower gave you a concerned look.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
He said then he nodded.
"I can tell you what I know, a member of the Knights Templar named Captain Welder was rescued from the Nephandi during the issues last autumn in Boston. The way I understood it she was in Boston looking for a Mr Karyak to discuss this new factions, however before she could reach him she was assassinated, and since she died in Traditionalist care her new faction blamed the Traditions, I did what I could as an ambassador to this new faction but the damage was done and while they have not been directly hostile towards us yet, however we have gained a new enemy that could have been an ally."
The Hollower said and frowned.
Colin nodded and pondered for a moment, then paled ever so slightly, "Oh, no... we lost more than an ally, if she's the one I think she is... I will warn my Cabalmate as immediately as possible on my return to that day. We cannot afford losing her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:47 pm

"I generally do not need allot in the ways of furniture and if it is old it do not bother me as long as they are not falling apart that is fine."
Kyle said then he glanced at you.
"What happened to your clothes Adley?"

"Between climbing around in sewers and Labyrinths and other battles in general, most of my clothing were not fit for human habitation anymore..."

Kyle looked at your hands as you worked and he tried to copy one of the gestures, Vim, though he did not extend his two raised fingers well enough. "This is for affecting spirits and pure energies right?"

"That's correct. The two fingers you raise up have to go up a bit more for the gesture for Vim. Someone cleaned out the room recently and one of our mentor's spirit friends is here to keep an eye on things, just in case, to keep you safe," he told him. He stepped inside the room and if everything was still fine nodded to Kyle and then gave a smile to Curly as he noticed her. "If something should happen, you can try to alert them for help, even if you cannot see them. Everything seems normal enough to me."

// lol I always think of fun names for Rotes that are more fitting for Orphans or Hollowers...or maybe VA's. They might like memes xD Ars magica has snappy Hermetic sounding names like "sense of lingering magic" under Intellego Vim ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:26 pm

[Colin] (2/2 2016 Steelhaven.)

Master Sinclair gave you a bit of a puzzeled look, he did not really understand what you where saying but then he nodded.
"We certinly would want to avoid loosing the woman. I can not give you much advice though, not much is known about the assassin but Captain Welder was murdered while resting in the chambers of this Chantry's resident phycician Dr ichard Lee, who also became badly wounded when he tried to defend her life.
The Hollowr said and frowned.
"The Chantry was searched but none where found."
He said and then you where back in the shuttle with Richard, Anna and Udella.
"Are you okey Mentor?"
Anna asked and Udella gave you a concerned look.
"Perhaps you should sit down Mr Wainwright."

[Adley] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"Ah I understand I guess that would indeed be hard on clothing Adley, that Labyrinth where not a nice place."
Kyle said and frowned.

Your young brother looked down at is hand and streithened his pinky and right finger more.
"Like this?"
He asked.
"These gestures allmost feels...like I know them from somewhere."
He muttered then he smiled.
"There is a spirit in there? That is cool, what sort of spirit is it?"

You entered the appartment, it looked like most of Steelhaven's apartments did, a living room and kitchenette in one main room, the furniture where old and mis matched but it was clean and well kept, a yellow leather sofa, oval glass table and two green chairs in the living room along with a large book shelf and a bench for a TV or something similar, a old brown rug was thrown on the floor, the kitchen had the usual appliances. In the bed room there was a bed, a dresser, a night stand, a desk and a small table that could be used as an altar. The bathroom had the usual things. The apartment looked nice, safe and clean. Curly was sitting on top of the bulb of a table lamp and she giggeled when the lap was turned on and waved at you. Kyle came in and looked around.
"Seams nice."
He commented.
"Really nice and the furniture is ok not a problem I mean they are a little old but they work."

(Ooc: Prime scan all the things are a much better name than sense lingering magic. But yes Hermetics like snappy n ames preferably in Latin.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:47 pm

[Morgan's Shuttle, 6:30 PM]
Master Sinclair gave you a bit of a puzzeled look, he did not really understand what you where saying but then he nodded.
"We certinly would want to avoid loosing the woman. I can not give you much advice though, not much is known about the assassin but Captain Welder was murdered while resting in the chambers of this Chantry's resident phycician Dr ichard Lee, who also became badly wounded when he tried to defend her life.
The Hollowr said and frowned.
"The Chantry was searched but none where found."
He said and then you where back in the shuttle with Richard, Anna and Udella.
"Are you okey Mentor?"
Anna asked and Udella gave you a concerned look.
"Perhaps you should sit down Mr Wainwright."
Colin frowned and staggered back to the copilot's seat, "We'll be ambushed after leaving the Umbral Port; two rogues by the names of Miss Tola and Mr. Kagen have usurped three HIT-Marks to catch us in an alley after the car... accidentally malfunctions. The HIT-Marks are easily dispatched, though I take a bullet in the arm and Master Adimari takes a dart with the bloody serum to her arm... a kinetic shield or some light plating should be able to deflect that. Apparently, I've been though this loop a few times - the first time there were two fatalities, though Anna's testimony in the trial in February was magnificently concise and accurate."
He grinned back at Anna, "You're brilliant, sweetie."
He shook his head and fished out his phone, "Alright, I need to send a warning..."
He quickly tapped out a message to Morgan, 'Welcoming committee at the Umbral Port is not needed; will not be ambushed there. Send defenders to Dr. Lee's room, he will be injured and Captain Welder will be assassinated before Mr. Karyak returns unless we can change that future. In that timeline, we never found the culprit. Captain Welder must be protected at all costs.'

((OOC: Just realized, Neville Sinclair is a name not unfamiliar to me... He's Timothy Dalton's character in The Rocketeer. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:27 pm

"I guess your way of looking at things is fair enough Serge but I do not think that way would work for me though, I think that I would have to look at things though energies."
Bernard said and then he sigh.
"But like I said you know far, far more than me about this...but what is a Tradition though? You mentioned that there where several Traditions I would fit into."
He said and he gave you a bit of a confused look.

"The Traditions are 9 different groups of mages that formed a sort of alliance. A tradition refers to one of those groups. Think of them as the different flavors of mages. Stuff like shamans, nature witches, technomages, and plain old Dnd mages." Serge explained.

"With the way you think, you'd fit right into the Tradition known as the Order of Hermes. At least I think you would. It can get kinda hard to understand how 9 different groups of people think the world works. But I know they like their magickal energies and spirits."

When he had woken up Bernard nodded at what you where saying.
"You are probably right, I have been out for a while...ehm how long have I been out come to think of it?"
He said then he shook his head.
"The pain is managable and I am sure your doctor is busy...I am a bit nervous about them after what happened...but I am sure I will be fine...that there where one evil bastard should not make me mistrust all phycisians."
He said and then he smiled a little.
"I am not going to lecture you Serge, I am not going to lecture you, pracitioners of Ninjitsu then."

"A lot of people have had their faith in doctors shattered and the entire medical industry. Which considering what they've been through is understandable." Serge said looking at the many people within the infirmary. "But yeah, not all doctors are the same. The one we have is a Ninja!" he added with a smile secretly hoping that Dr. Lee couldn't hear him.

"Well my ex is an pretty dedicated occultist so she would like it more than most...I guess I will not be allowed to tell her about this place though."
Bernard said and looked up at you.
"Since clearely this society of mages are kept a secret."

"Wow! You're getting a hang of this! You even guessed the secret identity part of this whole thing." Serge said cheerfully. "But yeah, your right. We gotta keep all of this a secret. For many, many reasons.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:36 pm

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"I see, well I guess it is like with occultists then, there are different flavors even if there are some common beliefs to be found."
Bernard said and nodded.
"The Order of Hermes, are they related to Hermetic philosophy and ideas that you can buy books about in books stores and which inspired allot of thinkers from the 1300's and onwards?"
He asked and raised an eyebrow.

Bernard nodded at what you said about doctors.
"I can see that Serge and I can not say that I am not nervous about it, but I mean a maniac could torture someone with a chef knife as well, without that meaning all cooks are evil. I think I will be okey on that front but I understand that if anyone else survived the needle man they might not be."
He said and frowned though he also gave you a bit of a odd look.
"The local doctor is a Ninja?"

"Well since it is not general knowledge that magick exist I guessed some secrecy had to be kept. I mean my ex believed in it and I was sort of convinced, little odd things would happen around her and what she did rituals for usually occured, at least when she did them for real world things and not just for spiritual development, but to the extent that I saw in that fight, no that would have been all over the news if it was not a secret."
The wounded man reasoned.
"Very well I will keep it a secret though I really would like to tell my ex about this, she would shit bricks!"
He anounced.

Allison finished with the patient she was tending to, talking to the woman then she turned towards you.
"Mr Yager, unless our guest there need you buy his side for comfort, would you mind running down to the kitchen and get some bowls of food and some coffee, some of our patients are getting hungry."
The hedge wizard requested, though she did smile over the fact that you had managed to wake Bernard.

[Colin] (Master Morgan's Umbral Shuttle at 7 in the evening.)

"That is quite concerning."
Rodger said and frowned. Anna looked rather worried.
"I do not want you to be shot Mentor and I do not want Master Adimari to be hit by that serum I don't."
Udella sigh.
"Well it is not a outcome I desire either child, but I will create a kinetic shield, that should keep such a small projectile off."
The old Hermetic commented.
"Yes HIT Marks have a weak spot in the eyes, to allow for advanced sensory equipment their shielding is weaker there and a bullet could do serious damage, it might not reach their brain but having that beforementioned sensory equipment shot is usually enough to make them shut down...but it is not a easy target to hit, you have to get them right in the eye and the bullet need to be small enough to go in."
Rodger said and Anna shivered.
"I do not like the idea of anyone being shot in the eyes."
She muttered darkly but then she smiled a little when you praised her.
"Thank you Mentor...though I have not done anything yet."

You sent the message to Jeffry and you got a quick reply back.
"To CW
From JM
Understood.
Be Well"

There probably where no time for a longer message.
"We need a plan then."
Rodger said.
"So we can take these villains out without to much damage to ourselves."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:43 pm

Nicole hit the shower, changed and generally sorted herself out. Re-appearing back in the hallway in a pair of beaten-up skate sneakers, slightly stained cargo trousers, a t-shirt with a firebomb-wielding teddy-bear on the front and a long-sleeved one underneath. Now sporting pair of eyebrow bars and enough cuff rings to make her outer ears look like they were completely metal, she began to wander down to the communal kitchen, one hand working her phone, the other clutching a smoke.

[Think Serge can run into her now, yes?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:40 pm

[Morgan's shuttle, 6:30 PM]

"That is quite concerning."
Rodger said and frowned. Anna looked rather worried.
"I do not want you to be shot Mentor and I do not want Master Adimari to be hit by that serum I don't."
Udella sigh.
"Well it is not a outcome I desire either child, but I will create a kinetic shield, that should keep such a small projectile off."
The old Hermetic commented.
"Yes HIT Marks have a weak spot in the eyes, to allow for advanced sensory equipment their shielding is weaker there and a bullet could do serious damage, it might not reach their brain but having that beforementioned sensory equipment shot is usually enough to make them shut down...but it is not a easy target to hit, you have to get them right in the eye and the bullet need to be small enough to go in."
Rodger said and Anna shivered.
"I do not like the idea of anyone being shot in the eyes."
She muttered darkly but then she smiled a little when you praised her.
"Thank you Mentor...though I have not done anything yet."
Colin nodded, "You haven't done anything yet, but you will be brave when the ambush comes, and clear-headed and concise when you are asked to testify in the trial. When they attack, though, lock down the woman. The man will make his futile escape, but you'll shut her down for capture."
He smiled thinly, "If it'll make you feel better, I'll ask a Technocrat if there's a way to remotely disable a HIT-Mark without shooting its eyes out - they might be willing to part with a remote control or similar if it means potentially recovering three units to determine how they could have been stolen..."
He looked over at Udella, "If, of course, such an action would be deemed legal in the face of ambush? Considering the likelihood of Fallen interference in this, helping the Union clean up their ranks of Nephandi influence would benefit our efforts toward Ascension, too?"

You sent the message to Jeffry and you got a quick reply back.
"To CW
From JM
Understood.
Be Well"

There probably where no time for a longer message.
"We need a plan then."
Rodger said.
"So we can take these villains out without to much damage to ourselves."
He looked at the reply, nodded to himself, and pocketed the phone, "We need a plan, but nothing complex - that's asking for trouble. What worked last time around was that you and I took down one HIT-Mark each with precise marksmanship, and Master Adimari fireballed the third before I put a bullet through its optics. One of our assailants scarpered, and Anna restrained the other efficiently... considering we'll be snuck into an alley where they'll spring the trap, it seems quite suitable if we spring our own trap at that point. I'm thinking a spatial distortion to align the muzzles of our guns with the optics of the HIT-Marks should be an effective preparation?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:18 am

"I see, well I guess it is like with occultists then, there are different flavors even if there are some common beliefs to be found."
Bernard said and nodded.
"The Order of Hermes, are they related to Hermetic philosophy and ideas that you can buy books about in books stores and which inspired allot of thinkers from the 1300's and onwards?"

"I dunno, probably? That sounds about right although there's a million different version of those Hermetics it's hard to figure them out. You'd have to ask one of them yourself." Serge said in a surprised tone as he begun to realize that Bernard may know more about his world than he did. "At this rate your gonna have to start teaching me this stuff! I just thought those guys really loved Hermes and Greek mythology."

Bernard nodded at what you said about doctors.
"I can see that Serge and I can not say that I am not nervous about it, but I mean a maniac could torture someone with a chef knife as well, without that meaning all cooks are evil. I think I will be okey on that front but I understand that if anyone else survived the needle man they might not be."
He said and frowned though he also gave you a bit of a odd look.
"The local doctor is a Ninja?"

"Yeah! Well....no not really." Serge admitted sheepishly. "And please don't tell him I said that. He's a part of the Akashic Brotherhood. That's the tradition that specializes in Magickal Martial Arts stuff. I like to think of them as the magickal ninjas but there's a lot more too them than that."

"Well since it is not general knowledge that magick exist I guessed some secrecy had to be kept. I mean my ex believed in it and I was sort of convinced, little odd things would happen around her and what she did rituals for usually occured, at least when she did them for real world things and not just for spiritual development, but to the extent that I saw in that fight, no that would have been all over the news if it was not a secret."
The wounded man reasoned.
"Very well I will keep it a secret though I really would like to tell my ex about this, she would shit bricks!"
He anounced.

"Ohhhh, sounds like your ex was a little special. She might've been a hedge mage." Serge said with a smile. "They're a type of mage as well although their a little bit more constrained in their arts. You know we have a bunch of Hedge mages working with us so who knows? Your ex might've already known about all this and was keeping it a secret from you."

Allison finished with the patient she was tending to, talking to the woman then she turned towards you.
"Mr Yager, unless our guest there need you buy his side for comfort, would you mind running down to the kitchen and get some bowls of food and some coffee, some of our patients are getting hungry."
The hedge wizard requested, though she did smile over the fact that you had managed to wake Bernard.

"Aww man, I didn't get to the part where I told him that I was an artist and drew him a picture. What's the point of being an artist if you don't get to act pretentious." Serge said very clearly joking. He looked around for his sketchbook, which he quickly realized was on the ground. He had likely let go of it while he was in his dream walking trance. He picked it up and dusted it off and looked back at Allison. "Sure thing as long as Bernard's cool with it. He's still a little uneasy and this place isn't exactly Disneyland."

He took a sideways glance at Bernard and asked, "Will you be OK by yourself? I won't be long."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:22 am

Your young brother looked down at is hand and streithened his pinky and right finger more. "Like this?" He asked. "These gestures allmost feels...like I know them from somewhere." He muttered then he smiled.

"Better. Hrm...yes, they felt easier for me as well, even after learning the newer ones that are commonnow. It's good to know them both, since not all that many use these anymore."

"There is a spirit in there? That is cool, what sort of spirit is it?"

He walked inside and flipped the lightswitch on and shut the door behind them. "It is one of our mentor's little friends, an imp. I am sure that the Chief will show you in time as you begin training and learning about spirits and the proper way to treat them. It is an interesting moment the first time you see into the spirit realm and some of the denizens. It made an impact on me. I don't want to spoil that between you both or I might show you now. Besides, she will only beg you for treats evermore."

'Hello, little friend,' he said in Enochian as she waved at him. 'It is good to see you again. Thank you for watching over my brother.'

"Seams nice." He commented. "Really nice and the furniture is ok not a problem I mean they are a little old but they work."

"Good," he nodded. He had a look to see if he had to get him a toothbrush, soap, some clothing and towels on the way back up. "Alright, I'm going to fetch the stuff I left downstairs, I'll see if I can get you some sundries on my way back up and drop them off. You got your book?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:17 am

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

Kyle looked at the hand gesture he was making.
"It looks a little bit like an eye."
The young mage commented.
"Yeah Master Morgan told me to memorize both sets of hand gestures."
Your brother said.
"They are a little bit like the ones my dad taough me to use, the ones his Order uses, but they are not completely the same."
He sais and he flashed several gestures that you could see originated from the old had gestures but they had centuries of development in other directions behind them.

Kyle nodded as he looked around the room accepting your reason for not showing him the spirits right now.
"Do you know allot of spirits Adley?"
He asked and glanced over at you.

Curly smiled and pulled at her own feet as she sat on the lightbulb.
"My Master told me to watch over the young one with what I can't touch inside...I watched over you many times as well when you first came here, it is strange you are the same and not the same as who you where then."
The little imp said.
"I wanted to set fire to the hairs that grow out of your nose but my Master said that would make you sad so I did not making others sad is bad Poodle says. I bounched on your belly instead, trying to get you to play with me, but you did not see me. Your belly are very bouncy though and are more bouncy the more you run."
Curly replied happily in simple Enochian.
"Do you have any treats for me Master's Student?"

There was nothing in the ways of clothes, towels or any other such supplies in the room. Kyle nodded at that.
"Ok thanks."
He said and he sat down on the sofa and opened the book.
"I guess I will start reading and then practicing those hand gestures. Master Morgan have to believe I will get to keep my magick right? Or he would not bother give me tasks that would develop it, if he thought...the worst would happen then that would be a waste of time right?"
He said and he seamed more hopeful now.

Bernard smiled a little at that.
"Well Hermetic theory originate from Greek and Egyptian thoughts as far as I know, but it was named after a mytelogical figure they believed started the movement. I do not know that much about it though, just what my ex told me, she had all sorts of books about these topics."

The wounded man nodded.
"Well there where allot more to the Ninjas than martial arts as well, it was a social class in Japan, but yes I get your point Serge...I am sure he is a skilled doctor."
He said and he smiled a little sadly.

"Another type of mage? Hum well she might have been. What I know is that when I was looking for work and had no luck she did a ritual and a few days later I got a jobb offer from an old friend which was better than any of those I had applied to. I fractured a bone in my arm and she did a ritual and it healed better and faster than the doctor had guessed, not like instantaniously it did take time for it to get completely well but it healed better, things like that happened when she did rituals."
Bernard said and smiled.
"And yes she is special, very special."

"Thank you Mr Yager. I am sure you can draw our guest a picture later."
Allison said and she smiled a little. Bernard looked a little uneasy but he nodded.
"If you are sure I am safe here Serge...I think I will be okey."
He commented softly.
"You do not need to babysit me...and there are others who need help it seams."
He said in a tired tone of voice.

[Colin] (Master Morgan's Umbral Shuttle at 7 in the evening.)

Anna looked at you as you spoke, then she smiled a little.
"Well let us hope I manage to be so again this time then Mentor. Ok I will focus on locking down the woman's magick, I will do my best."
She promised.
"But you try not to get shot Mentor, getting shot hurts!"

"It would make me feel better Mentor, I do not really like the idea of things entering eyes."
Anna said and she frowned. Udella considered.
"Hum...it is a legal gray area, cooperating with the Union even to take down the Nephandi are illegal but asking them for a way to disable their HIT Marks should not be, as they would likely recover the damaged units after the fight anyway we are not really giving them anything. It is on the edge of legality but I would deam it to be acceptable."

Rodger nodded at that.
"I could quickly make a aiming aid for at least one of our weapons to make hitting the HIT Marks' optics easier...the rest of your plan seams fair enough, easy and uncomplicated."
He said and Udella chimed in.
"I can make a kinetic shield for myself, and the rest of you it will take me a few minutes and they might not last very long and probably not defend against Primium but it will give us some defense. Any protective rotes against magick that the rest of you know should be cast."
She said and Anna nodded.
"I can make some personal wards Mentor."

[Nicole] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon.)

The common room outside of the kitchen where full of mages enjoying a meal. You saw Darrian in the kitchen he looked up as you came in.
"A Miss Bouchard, can I get you something to eat? I have Mexican caserolle or vegtable soup, there is more left of the caserolle, and there is also some fresh bread."
The alchemist offered.
"There are some coffee and tea as well and some juice in that pitcher over there."
He said and pointed.

(OOC: I am in the process of sending Serge down now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:52 am

[Morgan's shuttle, 6:30 PM]
Anna looked at you as you spoke, then she smiled a little.
"Well let us hope I manage to be so again this time then Mentor. Ok I will focus on locking down the woman's magick, I will do my best."
She promised.
"But you try not to get shot Mentor, getting shot hurts!"
Colin smiled wryly, "I know, sweetie, but there's little to do about that - they've got Primium ammunition, I'm afraid, so they'll be able to ignore most defenses against getting shot. Besides, getting winged like that is a lot less inconvenient than a chest wound - I can get by with my arm out of commission for a little while..."
He sighed, "I'm going to have to reach out to get that teddy bear, too... Ah, long story."

"It would make me feel better Mentor, I do not really like the idea of things entering eyes."
Anna said and she frowned. Udella considered.
"Hum...it is a legal gray area, cooperating with the Union even to take down the Nephandi are illegal but asking them for a way to disable their HIT Marks should not be, as they would likely recover the damaged units after the fight anyway we are not really giving them anything. It is on the edge of legality but I would deam it to be acceptable."
He nodded, "I'm going to inform a Technocrat about the two kidnappers in Chicago who were hellbent on getting the blame for said abduction placed on the Union; Fallen, both of them - it would be convenient to ask at for a remote shutdown method at the same time."

Rodger nodded at that.
"I could quickly make a aiming aid for at least one of our weapons to make hitting the HIT Marks' optics easier...the rest of your plan seams fair enough, easy and uncomplicated."
He said and Udella chimed in.
"I can make a kinetic shield for myself, and the rest of you it will take me a few minutes and they might not last very long and probably not defend against Primium but it will give us some defense. Any protective rotes against magick that the rest of you know should be cast."
She said and Anna nodded.
"I can make some personal wards Mentor."
He nodded, "Simple plans are the easiest to adjust to without creating contradictions, too... Hum, aside from the serum dart, kinetic shields probably won't help much - Primium rounds, you know... Distortions, though, might help screw up their aim. As for my own wards, I'll need a couple of minutes in private. The Order so frowns on showing non-members their secrets, and I rather did promise not to share their secrets, should I come to attain them. The Parma certainly qualifies..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:16 am

[Colin] (Master Morgan's Shuttle at 7 in the afternoon.)

"But if you get shot Mentor you might need stitches and doctors might hurt you!"
Anna protested.
"Teddy bear? I do not understand Mentor."

Udella nodded.
"You may ask but I doubt that the Union will give a Traditionalist such a remote or accsess codes, it do not seam wise to me from their point of view but I guess it never hurts to ask. The same I doubt they will take your word that their own men are Fallen but it is worth a shot."

The Enforcer nodded.
"Kinetic shields will not do much to help with Primium bullets but it might help against other kinds of projectiles including their darts and those shields have to be preparred in advance while casting a spell to distract our assailants can be done on the fly."

Udella frowned at what you said about the Parma Magica. Rodger pointed back at the engine room.
"Perfectly understandable. I can manage things here as we go in for landing, you can cast your spell back there my good man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:59 am

"But if you get shot Mentor you might need stitches and doctors might hurt you!"
Anna protested.
"Teddy bear? I do not understand Mentor."
Colin grinned wryly, "I'll be fine, sweetie, I've been shot before... It's not pleasant, but it won't kill me. As for the teddy bear, like I said, it's a bit of a long story; there's a vampire girl who sees the future, she got a green teddy bear for comfort today, and wanted to give it to me as a bribe to Freddy after I get shot. There's a bit more to it, but that's the gist of it."

Udella nodded.
"You may ask but I doubt that the Union will give a Traditionalist such a remote or accsess codes, it do not seam wise to me from their point of view but I guess it never hurts to ask. The same I doubt they will take your word that their own men are Fallen but it is worth a shot."
He nodded, "The Union member I have in mind was at the Umbral Port when the Aswadim arrived, though; she personally executed one Fallen dockworker on the spot, and started immediate investigation into who else reacted to the arrival. I believe she will accept my word on the presence of infiltrators - the question, of course, is whether her superiors will. The Void Engineers are somewhat more... sympathetic than the rest of the Union; it can't hurt to treat them fairly in advance, on the off chance we get them to defect."

The Enforcer nodded.
"Kinetic shields will not do much to help with Primium bullets but it might help against other kinds of projectiles including their darts and those shields have to be preparred in advance while casting a spell to distract our assailants can be done on the fly."
He nodded, "We have a rough plan for preparations, then."

Udella frowned at what you said about the Parma Magica. Rodger pointed back at the engine room.
"Perfectly understandable. I can manage things here as we go in for landing, you can cast your spell back there my good man."
He smiled wryly to Udella, "I am aware that there's a likely significant number of Hermetics who would take great personal exception to a non-member who knew such a thing, even if it's not illegal... I can at least show the courtesy of not accidentally showing how it's done to others. I don't believe the entire Order of Hermes would call a Wizard's March on me for knowing the spell, but it only takes one idiot to act rashly..."
He nodded to Rodger and headed for the engine room, "Be right back, then..."
Once in the engine room, he quickly formed the hand seals Dalisse had shown him, and recited the incantation, feeling the mighty stone doors in the mountain passages slam shut, one by one...

((OOC: How many rolls for that? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:26 pm

[Colin] (Master Morgan's shuttle at 7 in the evening.)

Anna looked at you for a moment then she sigh and nodded.
"Ok Mentor but I do not like the thought of you getting hurt, so please try to be careful."
She pleaded.
"Is this the same vampire girl you tell me will one day be my friend?"
She asked then she smiled.
"You need a Teddy bear to give to Miss Adlebloom so she will not get angry at you for getting shot?"
The young mage asked.

Udella nodded.
"Well like I said it is worth a shot to take the matter to the Technocrats at the Umbra Dock in boston and we are going to have to see what can come of it."
She said but she still sounded a bit doubtful at your plan.

Rodger grinned.
"A rough outline of a plan indeed."
He agreed and he took a swing from his flask.
"A little one for the road."
He mumbeled.

Udella gave you a slight smile.
"I do appriciate your discretion Mr Wainwright. A Wizard's March would not have been called as that is a form of capital punishment and you have broken no laws. What you think about is a Wizard's War, where one mage declare war on another, I doubt anyone would do so though but yes a little discretion is appriciated and wise."

You got to the engine room and cast the Parma, you felt like stone, strong and protected though your emotions where a bit pushed to the side your mind was clear as a lake ready for whatever purpose you would put it to, and then you felt the shuttle land gently at the Boston Umbral port.

(OOC: I am thinking you get four rolls, Ars Magica describe the Parma Magica as only taking a few minutes to cast.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Kyle looked at the hand gesture he was making. "It looks a little bit like an eye." The young mage commented."Yeah Master Morgan told me to memorize both sets of hand gestures." Your brother said. "They are a little bit like the ones my dad taough me to use, the ones his Order uses, but they are not completely the same." He sais and he flashed several gestures that you could see originated from the old had gestures but they had centuries of development in other directions behind them.

"A little bit like the letter e." He looked at the fast parade of gestures, trying to sort them out. "Hm, I think some of those may have started out as the older ones and then were changed. I do not know much of his Order's history but that is my guess."

"Do you know allot of spirits Adley?" He asked and glanced over at you.

"I know a lot more spirits /and people/ than I did a few weeks ago, some of them nicer than others..."

"My Master told me to watch over the young one with what I can't touch inside...I watched over you many times as well when you first came here, it is strange you are the same and not the same as who you where then. "I wanted to set fire to the hairs that grow out of your nose but my Master said that would make you sad so I did not making others sad is bad Poodle says. I bounched on your belly instead, trying to get you to play with me, but you did not see me. Your belly are very bouncy though and are more bouncy the more you run." Curly replied happily in simple Enochian. "Do you have any treats for me Master's Student?"

He raised an eyebrow at Curly as she said she used him as a trampoline, trying not to smile at her. He could see it in his mind's eye, the little spirit trying to get his attention because she was bored and him with his nose stuck in a book. No setting fires to my brother, either. That would not be very nice and would make him sad. I do not have any treats, I am sorry.' He looked at Kyle, seeming a bit amused at whatever the spirit had said to him.

"Ok thanks." He said and he sat down on the sofa and opened the book."I guess I will start reading and then practicing those hand gestures. Master Morgan have to believe I will get to keep my magick right? Or he would not bother give me tasks that would develop it, if he thought...the worst would happen then that would be a waste of time right?"

"I think we have hope," he said and walked over to stand nearby for a moment. "If I'm not back soon, I'll try to ask someone to drop some things off for you and will see you in the morning." He hesitated, seeming not to wish to leave him alone. Then he glanced at Curly and said to her 'Take good care of my brother.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Anna looked at you for a moment then she sigh and nodded.
"Ok Mentor but I do not like the thought of you getting hurt, so please try to be careful."
She pleaded.
"Is this the same vampire girl you tell me will one day be my friend?"
She asked then she smiled.
"You need a Teddy bear to give to Miss Adlebloom so she will not get angry at you for getting shot?"
The young mage asked.
Colin nodded sagely, "A green teddy bear no less... And yes, the same vampire girl. And if it helps, I don't like getting hurt, either - but better I take an injury than you getting killed. I'm an old soldier, sweetie; we are trained to be ready to suffer injury so others won't have to."

Udella nodded.
"Well like I said it is worth a shot to take the matter to the Technocrats at the Umbra Dock in boston and we are going to have to see what can come of it."
She said but she still sounded a bit doubtful at your plan.
He smiled thinly, "I don't expect a safe tool for shutting down the HIT-Marks, either, but I certainly won't get one unless I ask."

Rodger grinned.
"A rough outline of a plan indeed."
He agreed and he took a swing from his flask.
"A little one for the road."
He mumbeled.
He nodded, "But just a little one."

Udella gave you a slight smile.
"I do appriciate your discretion Mr Wainwright. A Wizard's March would not have been called as that is a form of capital punishment and you have broken no laws. What you think about is a Wizard's War, where one mage declare war on another, I doubt anyone would do so though but yes a little discretion is appriciated and wise."
He shrugged, "No, I meant the Wizard's March is unlikely. A Wizard's War is a far more plausible prospect, and depending on the outcome of February's trial against our assailants today, one of those may have to be declared... For now, though, discretion is the better part of valour."

You got to the engine room and cast the Parma, you felt like stone, strong and protected though your emotions where a bit pushed to the side your mind was clear as a lake ready for whatever purpose you would put it to, and then you felt the shuttle land gently at the Boston Umbral port.
He breathed calmly, letting the hum of the engine cycling guide the cadence of the incantation in a neat, logical harmony...
Then he stepped back into the passenger compartment, straightened his sleeves, and gave Udella a small wink as he returned to his seat, "So, Master Adimari, how does it look on me?"

((OOC: Arete rolls, then: 4,5,9 - 7,0,0 - 2,6,0 - 3,5,0... Hot damn, Colin's going to be hard to hit with spells. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Bernard smiled a little at that.
"Well Hermetic theory originate from Greek and Egyptian thoughts as far as I know, but it was named after a mytelogical figure they believed started the movement. I do not know that much about it though, just what my ex told me, she had all sorts of books about these topics."

"You might be able to find some of those books in our libraries." Serge commented. "I heard it was pretty big."

"Another type of mage? Hum well she might have been. What I know is that when I was looking for work and had no luck she did a ritual and a few days later I got a job offer from an old friend which was better than any of those I had applied to. I fractured a bone in my arm and she did a ritual and it healed better and faster than the doctor had guessed, not like instantaniously it did take time for it to get completely well but it healed better, things like that happened when she did rituals."
Bernard said and smiled.
"And yes she is special, very special."

"Sounds like she was pretty powerful. Or I misjudge the power those mages." Serge commented. "Seems like you were very fond of her."

"Thank you Mr Yager. I am sure you can draw our guest a picture later."
Allison said and she smiled a little. Bernard looked a little uneasy but he nodded.
"If you are sure I am safe here Serge...I think I will be okey."
He commented softly.
"You do not need to babysit me...and there are others who need help it seams."
He said in a tired tone of voice.

"If you say so. Take it easy man." Serge said with a smile as he he began to move his legs painfully. They had likely fallen asleep due to him standing in the same place for a long period of time.

He ignored the pain and traversed down the dreaded stairs back to the kitchen that he was quite familiar with.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Anja's Post:

'God, you're a lifesaver.' Nicole replied with a grin, going over to the sink and putting her cigarette out. 'Hmm... think it'll be the casserole. Need something filling.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:20 pm

[Colin] (Master Morgan's shuttle at 7 in the evening.)

Colin nodded sagely, "A green teddy bear no less... And yes, the same vampire girl. And if it helps, I don't like getting hurt, either - but better I take an injury than you getting killed. I'm an old soldier, sweetie; we are trained to be ready to suffer injury so others won't have to."

"I am looking forward to meeting that vampire girl Mentor, I like making friends, and a green teddy bear, now that sounds cute I am sure Miss Adlebloom will like it."
Anna said and grinned then she sigh and turned serious.
"I guess you are right Mentor, and thank you for protecting me, but I still do not like you getting hurt."

He smiled thinly, "I don't expect a safe tool for shutting down the HIT-Marks, either, but I certainly won't get one unless I ask."

"True enough asking might be a good idea even if I doubt that much will come of it."
Udella said.
"But it would be asking the Union to basically hand over victory to the Traditions if we could just turn off one of their most useful weapons."

He nodded, "But just a little one."

"Just a little one indeed."
The Etherite said as he put his flask away.

He shrugged, "No, I meant the Wizard's March is unlikely. A Wizard's War is a far more plausible prospect, and depending on the outcome of February's trial against our assailants today, one of those may have to be declared... For now, though, discretion is the better part of valour."

"A Wizard's March is not possible it is a Hermetic punishment Mr Waonwright and you are not a Hermetic so unless you join the Order that is not going to happen, you can be Orchastrised and someone might go after you then but not an organized Wizard's Match, just a war though yes that might indeed happen."
Udella said and sigh.
"Well we are going to have to see. But yes caution is indeed wise."

He breathed calmly, letting the hum of the engine cycling guide the cadence of the incantation in a neat, logical harmony...
Then he stepped back into the passenger compartment, straightened his sleeves, and gave Udella a small wink as he returned to his seat, "So, Master Adimari, how does it look on me?"

Udella stood and looked at you and raised an eyebrow.
"Quite impressive Mr Wainwright...well then shall we get our tasks here at the Umbral port done then and go fall into this trap you have forseen?"
The Enforcer said as the others got ready to leave the ship.

(OOC: It seams like Colin just got Hexproof. Razz )

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"A little bit like the letter e." He looked at the fast parade of gestures, trying to sort them out. "Hm, I think some of those may have started out as the older ones and then were changed. I do not know much of his Order's history but that is my guess."

"Yeah...I see that now Adley, it really look like a E."
Kyle said and grinned.
"I do not know to much about my father's Order either but I know he hates vampires, really, really hate vampires but he is keeping most of it really hush hush."
He said and shook his head.

"I know a lot more spirits /and people/ than I did a few weeks ago, some of them nicer than others..."

"I bet you have some interesting stories to tell Adley."
Kyle said happily.

He raised an eyebrow at Curly as she said she used him as a trampoline, trying not to smile at her. He could see it in his mind's eye, the little spirit trying to get his attention because she was bored and him with his nose stuck in a book. No setting fires to my brother, either. That would not be very nice and would make him sad. I do not have any treats, I am sorry.' He looked at Kyle, seeming a bit amused at whatever the spirit had said to him.

"I do not want to make the young one with what I can't touch inside sad, being sad is not fun."
Curly said and she pulled at the curly flame on top of her head.
"But I do not understand it, I like fire."
She protested then she pouted when you said you had no treats for her.
"But I like treats."
She protested. Kyle smiled a little.
"Are you talking to the spirit in her right now Adley?"
He asked.
"And what is that language?"

"I think we have hope," he said and walked over to stand nearby for a moment. "If I'm not back soon, I'll try to ask someone to drop some things off for you and will see you in the morning." He hesitated, seeming not to wish to leave him alone. Then he glanced at Curly and said to her 'Take good care of my brother.'

"I guess hope is the only thing I have right now."
Kyle said and sigh he looked rather scared but he drew a deep breath and nodded.
"Yeah sure, that works, I will see you tomorrow then, don't worry about me I will be fine."
The young mage said. Curly bounded on her light bulb.
"I will watch over him Master's student, I promised Master I would and I am not going to se anything on fire."
The little imp promised.

"You might be able to find some of those books in our libraries." Serge commented. "I heard it was pretty big."

"I am not sure I am well enough to read right now but perhaps eventually, though I doubt I will be staying once I am well, I want to go home."
Bernard said and sigh.

"Sounds like she was pretty powerful. Or I misjudge the power those mages." Serge commented. "Seems like you were very fond of her."

"You have misjudged the power of hedge wizards Mr Yager."
Allison looked up from adjusting one of the wounded's bøankets.
"What our guest here describe could be either an Awakened who never really learned what she have or lesser hedge wizardry...we ar enot less powerful that the Awakened we are simply more set in our ways."
She said sternly. Bernnard smiled a little.
"I still care about her allot, we grew apart, did not work as a couple but that do not mean I do not still care, she is a great woman."
He said about his ex.
"We are still frinds."

"If you say so. Take it easy man." Serge said with a smile as he he began to move his legs painfully. They had likely fallen asleep due to him standing in the same place for a long period of time.

He ignored the pain and traversed down the dreaded stairs back to the kitchen that he was quite familiar with.

"Yes I...think I will be fine here for now."
Bernard said.
"Thank you for your help Serge."

You got down the stairs and into the kitchen, you saw severla magi eating in the common room. In the kitchen tiself you saw Nicole and Darrian.

(OOC: I am back from caomping.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next