Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 16 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:10 pm

[Colin] (Chicago Umbral Port at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "That's what she does for us Magi - she offers an open ear and mind when some of us need to talk to someone. She won't force you to go through a metaphorical door, but she will hold out the key for you when you're ready to try."

"I think there are things I will never be ready to try Mentor, but talking with this woman would be a good I think I...there are bad things I...well perhaps talking about them would help."
Annamuttered and she continued to pluck at her sweather.

He nodded, "Right now, it's in the care and custody of someone I trust implicitly. And I know, she is precious."

"I will help you protect her in the eyes of the law Mr Wainwright but if what you say is correct then I fear many might be gunning for the kid, you might have guite a bit of a job on your hands keeping her safe."
Udella said and frowned.

He glanced back at Anna and patted the dashboard gently, "Don't let this fine gent be too much of a role model - I may not be as experienced an Umbra pilot as he is, but I can certainly keep an eye on the old girl's dials to make sure he flies steady."

Anna grinned at you.
"I will try to avoid growing up to drink and drive Mentor."
She said and Rodger nodded and sipped from his flask.
"Good girl...good girl it is very bad."
He muttered.
"And your Mentor will be a fine Umbral pilot one day, not as good as me of course but good non the less."
The old Etherite said and Anna giggeled at that.

He nodded, "Wouldn't be surprised if we wound up flying in alongside a flock of spirits, like pigeons gathering in a park."

"It happens quite often, spirits will join with the ship and fly along side it, I once experienced a flock of dragons following my ship as I flew in for lading at the Horizon Umbral dock."
Rodger said and smiled.
"Dragons, really Sir?"
Anna said and the Etherite nodded.
"Dragons indeed young lady."
"What color where they Sir?"
"Light blue my dear."
At this Anna clapped her hands together exitedly and looked at you.
"Do you think we will see them when we go to Horizon Mentor? Do you think we will see the dragons?"

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 5 30 in the afternoon.)

"Alright, I'll see what I can do later on for that then. Warning though, I can't cook many things, or very well so hopefully we'll be able to get something or we'll be raiding the back of my cabinet for the last of the oatmeal and protein powder."

"Porridge is quite fine Mr Roth Hicks, however if you can get ahold of some eggs and bread I can make us some eggs and toast, perhaps with some bacon on the side if you can get it."
Mrs Danbrock offered.
"I do not mind doing the cooking Sir."

"I'm on the same floor," he said and gave the Danbrocks a nod before leaving with Kyle. He pointed out his room, which was on the opposite end and passed by Colin's room. "You have your key? Maybe I can get you a new phone from someone..." he pondered.

Kyle nodded as you pointed out your room.
"Yeah Master Morgan gave me my key and he also gave me my phone and game machine back."
He said and rumaged around his pockets.
"Do you want the number?"

(OOC: I was thinking there where 21 rooms on each floor as it was easy to remember but now that you say so it may be I remember wrong and that there where 18...I have the notes about that soomewhere I might have miss remembers, if I have I will just change Kyle's room number.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 16 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:26 pm

[Chicago Umbral Port, 6:30 PM]
"I think there are things I will never be ready to try Mentor, but talking with this woman would be a good I think I...there are bad things I...well perhaps talking about them would help."
Annamuttered and she continued to pluck at her sweather.
Colin nodded, "Hum... you're twelve... You'll hit puberty soon, if you haven't already, and that's probably going to be a little awkward talking to me about... She'll definitely be a better guide through those awkward years than I will, but I'd best prepare a supply of the necessities..."

"I will help you protect her in the eyes of the law Mr Wainwright but if what you say is correct then I fear many might be gunning for the kid, you might have guite a bit of a job on your hands keeping her safe."
Udella said and frowned.
He grinned, "Very true - but the future will help care for the present. I'm going to try to take a look in mid-flight, just in case."

Anna grinned at you.
"I will try to avoid growing up to drink and drive Mentor."
She said and Rodger nodded and sipped from his flask.
"Good girl...good girl it is very bad."
He muttered.
"And your Mentor will be a fine Umbral pilot one day, not as good as me of course but good non the less."
The old Etherite said and Anna giggeled at that.
He chuckled, "You may be a better Umbral pilot than me, but i can still do pirouettes around you in a helicopter."

"It happens quite often, spirits will join with the ship and fly along side it, I once experienced a flock of dragons following my ship as I flew in for lading at the Horizon Umbral dock."
Rodger said and smiled.
"Dragons, really Sir?"
Anna said and the Etherite nodded.
"Dragons indeed young lady."
"What color where they Sir?"
"Light blue my dear."
At this Anna clapped her hands together exitedly and looked at you.
"Do you think we will see them when we go to Horizon Mentor? Do you think we will see the dragons?"
He smiled, "I don't quite know if we will see those dragons, but we will most certainly see dragons. Even if we have to go hunting with binoculars and cameras to do so. Who knows, we might even get to ride one."

He fished out his Time monocle, wiped off it with a small grimace, and put it into place, "I'm going to take a small peek ahead - if my future self has an urgent message for me, I might zone out for a few moments; it's not harmful, but a bit eerie to behold, I am told."
He took a deep breath, focused on the Boston Umbral Port, and the path they'd be taking from the shuttle to the car, including hunting down a Technocrat to warn of the two traitors in the car earlier and going to check for a mail drop, and muttered "Futurum Spectare!"

((OOC: So, simple Time 2, possibly a touch of Correspondence or Spirit to see the Umbral Port, though not necessarily since he'll be looking at what he'll see in some twenty or so minutes... Arete roll: 4,7,0. Chancing that it'll be enough.))

((OOC2: Actually, considering the building's history, it's not an unreasonable assumption that by way of renovations, expanding rooms from dorm rooms to apartments, et cetera, each floor could have had the number of rooms halved while retaining the room numbers of the "surviving" entrance doors. Plus, it's possible there's at least a janitorial closet or perhaps a wiring cabinet with numbered doors there, as well.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:13 pm

"That is pretty cool actually...but if this is just a fantasy why do it feel so real? The cookies even taste sweet and I can feel the crunsh when I bite into them."
Bernard said and he took another cookie and took a bite out of it.
"Your inner words sound really fun, do everyone have worlds like this in their heads?"
He asked sounding confused.

"Is their a difference between what is imagined and what is real? Everything we see in reality is just what our mind is telling us we see. Imagined things are similar except only the people who imagined it can witness that side of reality. It's like a side of reality that's taped off for certain people." Serge said vaguely. "The cookies taste sweet because you think they'll taste sweet. You expect the crunch and the moistness and your mind makes those reality. Your mind is making reality."

"Everyone's got a world in their head. Each mind houses infinite possibilities and from these possibilities arise massive worlds. When we're kids we're more aware of them. Imaginary friends, fantasy adventures, and worlds created by our little heads. As we grow older society tries to shut all of that down and we lose our creativity. That's why so few people are aware of those worlds. We're special in the fact that we can access these worlds. Explore them. Reconstruct them to our image." he explained.

"I...am sorry, I do not like to be touched."
Bernard said uneasywhen you reached out your hand to him.
"I would like to give it a try...I am willing to try to go back, but I can not give up my fears and leave them behind, I just can't do that."
The wounded man muttered.
"But I am willing to try to go back."

"That's quite all right." Serge said using his already outstretched hand to grab another cookie. "When you feel your ready just do what I told you to do. Here I'll give you a demonstration. We can try together. Just take a deep breath and concentrate."

Serge began to happily munch on the cookie as he began to imagine the real world. His eyes began to droop as if he was about to fall asleep. His breathing slowed. He remembered his body, leaning over Bernard's. He wondered what Allison thought about the whole thing. He wondered about Allison. About Arn. About his mentor. He used those memories as a guide to pull himself back. He imagined himself floating back towards them.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Colin nodded, "Hum... you're twelve... You'll hit puberty soon, if you haven't already, and that's probably going to be a little awkward talking to me about... She'll definitely be a better guide through those awkward years than I will, but I'd best prepare a supply of the necessities..."

Anna considered then she nodded.
"Well you are a boy, one can not talk with boys about girl stuff."
She agreed.
"Though I know what will happen, the biological parts but it might be nice to have someone to talk about it with non the less."

He grinned, "Very true - but the future will help care for the present. I'm going to try to take a look in mid-flight, just in case."

Udella nodded at that.
"Just make sure you use your future visions as a tool Mr Wainwright and not a crutch for the future is never set in stone and especially not when mages are involved."

He chuckled, "You may be a better Umbral pilot than me, but i can still do pirouettes around you in a helicopter."

"Well perhaps you can but when it breaks down you will need my help to get the thing back into the air again."
Rodger said and chuckled.

He smiled, "I don't quite know if we will see those dragons, but we will most certainly see dragons. Even if we have to go hunting with binoculars and cameras to do so. Who knows, we might even get to ride one."

Anna bounced happily in her seat.
"Ride one? Really Mentor? That would be so cool. I would love to see a dragon, do you think they are friendly?"
She asked exitedly.
"Have you seen them before Mentor?"

He fished out his Time monocle, wiped off it with a small grimace, and put it into place, "I'm going to take a small peek ahead - if my future self has an urgent message for me, I might zone out for a few moments; it's not harmful, but a bit eerie to behold, I am told."
He took a deep breath, focused on the Boston Umbral Port, and the path they'd be taking from the shuttle to the car, including hunting down a Technocrat to warn of the two traitors in the car earlier and going to check for a mail drop, and muttered "Futurum Spectare!"

The problem was not what you saw when you cast your spell, the problem was more what you did not see, your sight was blocked and that had to be deliberate, someone who would be interacting with you at the Umbral port where blocking anyone looking at them using time magick, and their block was rather glaring. You saw the rest of the uneventful shuttle ride, Udella adjusting her hair pins to make sure she had easy accsess to the dagger she hid in her hair, Anna speculating on what colors of dragons might be found on Horizon and from her speculations populating the entire realm with them, and Rodger telling a story about some spirit that had once tried to eat his ship...and then nothing. As you finished the spell though you saw one of the little disturbances, the little balls of temporal abnormality that your future self left for you bounce around on Anna's head as she was speculating on whatever or not there existed dragons that where transperrant with glitter inside, all of them transperant organs and all.

(OOC: That is actually quite possible.)

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 5 30 in the afternoon.)

"Is their a difference between what is imagined and what is real? Everything we see in reality is just what our mind is telling us we see. Imagined things are similar except only the people who imagined it can witness that side of reality. It's like a side of reality that's taped off for certain people." Serge said vaguely. "The cookies taste sweet because you think they'll taste sweet. You expect the crunch and the moistness and your mind makes those reality. Your mind is making reality."

Bernard gave you a confused look.
"While I can buy the new age idea of shaping our own reality, that all we have around us are imagination that seams strange to me, if so why do it not work if I imagine my bills paid and my car fixed?"
He asked.
"But I guess it makes sense that in here since I can touch things I expect to touch I can also taste them."

"Everyone's got a world in their head. Each mind houses infinite possibilities and from these possibilities arise massive worlds. When we're kids we're more aware of them. Imaginary friends, fantasy adventures, and worlds created by our little heads. As we grow older society tries to shut all of that down and we lose our creativity. That's why so few people are aware of those worlds. We're special in the fact that we can access these worlds. Explore them. Reconstruct them to our image." he explained.

The wounded man nodded.
"I see, it is a bit sad then that not more pepole have accsess to the worlds in their heads...do you think there is more to mine than my mother's kitchen? More places in here to explore if I ever felt like it?"
He asked and glanced over at you.

"That's quite all right." Serge said using his already outstretched hand to grab another cookie. "When you feel your ready just do what I told you to do. Here I'll give you a demonstration. We can try together. Just take a deep breath and concentrate."

Bernard looked at you, he looked rather scared and lost but he nodded.
"O...ok I will try."
He muttered nervously and scratched his head.
"I am ready, we can try."

Serge began to happily munch on the cookie as he began to imagine the real world. His eyes began to droop as if he was about to fall asleep. His breathing slowed. He remembered his body, leaning over Bernard's. He wondered what Allison thought about the whole thing. He wondered about Allison. About Arn. About his mentor. He used those memories as a guide to pull himself back. He imagined himself floating back towards them.

You where suddenly back in the make shift infirmary at Steelhaven, sitting by Bernard's bedside, you saw that Dr Lee was back. The sweet taste of the cookie you had imagined eating was still in your mouth, allmost so you thought you had to pick crumbs out of your teeth. Looking down you saw Bernard's eyes slowly open, the man looked around nervously and gasped, terrified at what he saw around him.
"W...where am I?"
He whispered weakly, he looked at the IVs with blood and fluid he was hooked up to.
"Where am I?"
He repeated fearfully.

(OOC: Tomorrow me and my mother will be going camping, well lazy man's camping she have a cmaping wagon. Anyway I will not be having regular internet accsess but I will try to post as often as possible by witing posts on my computer and transferring them to my phone and posting with it, but I might be a bit slow. Our trip will last until Monday or so are the plan it might change depending on weather.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:53 pm

Anja's Post:

'Bit hard, as I don't even have paint.' Nicole replied. 'We'll go straight back to Boston, then take the scenic route once there. Find me the quickest route back which ain't the one we came out on.'

'I know that sounds dumb... but we've shown our happy tails we ain't dumb. Therefore, they'll assume we'll go a roundabout route for everything. Plus, I'm really starting to run on empty now; starting to not trust my judgement and all that.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Anna considered then she nodded.
"Well you are a boy, one can not talk with boys about girl stuff."
She agreed.
"Though I know what will happen, the biological parts but it might be nice to have someone to talk about it with non the less."
Colin nodded, "My sister had some... emotional issues, shall we say, when she went through that phase. Still, I foresee a number of supply runs in the future; it will likely be a while until you can go shopping for pads and the like on your own. Of course, Freddy will probably be able to help a lot with that, too."

Udella nodded at that.
"Just make sure you use your future visions as a tool Mr Wainwright and not a crutch for the future is never set in stone and especially not when mages are involved."
He nodded, "Of course - but the forewarnings have so far invariably been of immediate issues that have come up within the span of hours, not months. The glimpses of months and years ahead, well, those might not come to pass as I have shifted the timeline, but the warnings of immediate problems are likely quite reliable."

"Well perhaps you can but when it breaks down you will need my help to get the thing back into the air again."
Rodger said and chuckled.
He grinned, "Now that point I have no desire to dispute. Every pilot worth their salt knows never to argue with the mechanic. It's as bad an idea as for an infantryman to anger the cook before a long march."

Anna bounced happily in her seat.
"Ride one? Really Mentor? That would be so cool. I would love to see a dragon, do you think they are friendly?"
She asked exitedly.
"Have you seen them before Mentor?"
He smiled thinly, "I am told they are magnificent, quite intelligent, and their friendliness varies about as much as with other people... I've never seen one, except in drawings and paintings, but I do look forward to doing so."

The problem was not what you saw when you cast your spell, the problem was more what you did not see, your sight was blocked and that had to be deliberate, someone who would be interacting with you at the Umbral port where blocking anyone looking at them using time magick, and their block was rather glaring. You saw the rest of the uneventful shuttle ride, Udella adjusting her hair pins to make sure she had easy accsess to the dagger she hid in her hair, Anna speculating on what colors of dragons might be found on Horizon and from her speculations populating the entire realm with them, and Rodger telling a story about some spirit that had once tried to eat his ship...and then nothing. As you finished the spell though you saw one of the little disturbances, the little balls of temporal abnormality that your future self left for you bounce around on Anna's head as she was speculating on whatever or not there existed dragons that where transperrant with glitter inside, all of them transperant organs and all.
He smiled darkly, "Yes, there's definitely going to be a welcoming party waiting for us at the port; whoever is preparing to greet us has a crude but powerful temporal ward set up..."
He turned back, "Milady, you might want to make sure your hairpins are straight, and... ah, fly steady, Mr. Tasselwell, I've got to stand up for a moment."
He unbuckled and stepped over to Anna, reaching out, "I've sent me a little something here, sweetie... I'm going to freeze up a bit now, but I might give me a few good pieces of advice..."
He steadied himself on the neighbouring seat, and touched the little bubble.

((OOC: Safe trip tomorrow, then. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:54 pm

Bernard gave you a confused look.
"While I can buy the new age idea of shaping our own reality, that all we have around us are imagination that seams strange to me, if so why do it not work if I imagine my bills paid and my car fixed?"
He asked.
"But I guess it makes sense that in here since I can touch things I expect to touch I can also taste them."

"Because while you might believe you can pay bills with magick powers there are billions of other people who don't. That sort of disbelief wears on you and makes it hard to truly imagine such a scenario." Serge explained further.

"But! I am certain their exists people who could do the things you say. Especially fixing a car. There's probably a million spells to do stuff like that."

The wounded man nodded.
"I see, it is a bit sad then that not more pepole have accsess to the worlds in their heads...do you think there is more to mine than my mother's kitchen? More places in here to explore if I ever felt like it?"
He asked and glanced over at you.

"There's a million billion different things to explore in here. And that number will only grow as you learn more and dream more. All you'd have to do is walk right out of this room and see what your mind has in store for you." Serge said pointing in a direction where one would expect to find a doorway in a kitchen.

Bernard looked at you, he looked rather scared and lost but he nodded.
"O...ok I will try."
He muttered nervously and scratched his head.
"I am ready, we can try."
You where suddenly back in the make shift infirmary at Steelhaven, sitting by Bernard's bedside, you saw that Dr Lee was back. The sweet taste of the cookie you had imagined eating was still in your mouth, allmost so you thought you had to pick crumbs out of your teeth. Looking down you saw Bernard's eyes slowly open, the man looked around nervously and gasped, terrified at what he saw around him.
"W...where am I?"
He whispered weakly, he looked at the IVs with blood and fluid he was hooked up to.
"Where am I?"
He repeated fearfully.

"Easy now. Your in an infirmary. Remember, I said that your body was being healed in a safe place." Serge explained softly.

"You did it man. You took the first steps. You know how awesome that is! I bet you that ash girl is proud of you." he continued with excitement in his voice.

As the dissociation between moving from the dream realm to the real world wore off, he glanced around the room for Allison wondering where she had gone.

(OOC: Have fun on your trip Anja!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:13 am

"Porridge is quite fine Mr Roth Hicks, however if you can get ahold of some eggs and bread I can make us some eggs and toast, perhaps with some bacon on the side if you can get it." Mrs Danbrock offered. "I do not mind doing the cooking Sir."

"Yeah, we'll probably need a grocery run too," he said, more to himself. "Well, we'll see what we got."

"Yeah Master Morgan gave me my key and he also gave me my phone and game machine back." He said and rumaged around his pockets. "Do you want the number?"

"Probably a good idea," he said with a nod. "I can give you mine. Just be careful what you say on them for now."

// Very true, especially with mages into numerology, or unlucky numbers lol. No number 13 (unlucky in the west), 4 or 14 (unlucky in the east),  One door inexplicably some other number xD Anyhow no big deal.

ooc2: have fun camping!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:14 am

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 5 30 in the afternoon.)

"Because while you might believe you can pay bills with magick powers there are billions of other people who don't. That sort of disbelief wears on you and makes it hard to truly imagine such a scenario." Serge explained further.

"But! I am certain their exists people who could do the things you say. Especially fixing a car. There's probably a million spells to do stuff like that."

"Yes but a spell that is not just imagination is it? After all would not a spell use energies or some sort of rules to affect changes. It is like making a cake, you create the cake from ingredients you do not just imagine it."
Bernard protested.

"There's a million billion different things to explore in here. And that number will only grow as you learn more and dream more. All you'd have to do is walk right out of this room and see what your mind has in store for you." Serge said pointing in a direction where one would expect to find a doorway in a kitchen.

There was a door in one end of the room, Bernard looked really skeptical though.
"What if there is something scary out there Serge, I mean this kitchen is safe, but what if there are darker things in my mind that I might encounter."
He asked in a worried tone of voice.

"Easy now. Your in an infirmary. Remember, I said that your body was being healed in a safe place." Serge explained softly.

Bernard seamed to calm down a little at that, he looked around.
"Not the horpital I was taken to right? The one where the needle man was in?"
He asked just to be sure.

"You did it man. You took the first steps. You know how awesome that is! I bet you that ash girl is proud of you." he continued with excitement in his voice.

As the dissociation between moving from the dream realm to the real world wore off, he glanced around the room for Allison wondering where she had gone.

"Perhaps she is...I...don't know are you sure I am safe here?"
The wounded man asked. Allison where tending to one of the wounded women who had been rescued from Jace, she was gently washing the woman's forehead with a damp cloth.

Colin nodded, "My sister had some... emotional issues, shall we say, when she went through that phase. Still, I foresee a number of supply runs in the future; it will likely be a while until you can go shopping for pads and the like on your own. Of course, Freddy will probably be able to help a lot with that, too."

"I think asking Miss Adlebloom would be better for that Mentor, like I said you are a boy."
Anna said and giggeled a little before blushing.
"No I suspect I will not be allowed to go out on my own for a while."
She added and sigh.

He nodded, "Of course - but the forewarnings have so far invariably been of immediate issues that have come up within the span of hours, not months. The glimpses of months and years ahead, well, those might not come to pass as I have shifted the timeline, but the warnings of immediate problems are likely quite reliable."

"That tend to be so yes, the longer into the future a preminition is set the more likely the outcome will change, even so preminitions are immensly useful and they give you a likely outcome but you can never be sure."
Udella explained.

He grinned, "Now that point I have no desire to dispute. Every pilot worth their salt knows never to argue with the mechanic. It's as bad an idea as for an infantryman to anger the cook before a long march."

"True that, then again the entire camp better make sure to stay friends with the cook."
Rodger commented and grinned.
"But yes if you want your birds in the sky you better make sure the local mechanic stays happy."

He smiled thinly, "I am told they are magnificent, quite intelligent, and their friendliness varies about as much as with other people... I've never seen one, except in drawings and paintings, but I do look forward to doing so."

"Well it makes sense that how friendly they are would vary from person to person and how you approach them. I am really looking forward to seeing them Mentor."
Anna said and she grinned happily.

He smiled darkly, "Yes, there's definitely going to be a welcoming party waiting for us at the port; whoever is preparing to greet us has a crude but powerful temporal ward set up..."

"Well that is just perfect."
Udella said and frowned.
"I will have your back my good man."
Rodger commented.
"Do you want me to have a look at that ward Mentor?"
Anna suggjested.

He turned back, "Milady, you might want to make sure your hairpins are straight, and... ah, fly steady, Mr. Tasselwell, I've got to stand up for a moment."
He unbuckled and stepped over to Anna, reaching out, "I've sent me a little something here, sweetie... I'm going to freeze up a bit now, but I might give me a few good pieces of advice..."
He steadied himself on the neighbouring seat, and touched the little bubble.

Udella gave you a suprised look. Rodger simply grunted, Anna looked at you and nodded.
"Are your future self going to talk with you Mentor?"
She asked.

You touched the little time abonormality and then you where suddenly somewhere else.

[Colin] (Steelhaven 2/2 2016)

Your suit where new the one you had bought for Anna's trial had gotten blood stains on it when yu rushed in and saved her so you had needed a new one, it was important to keep up apperances after all. The Council Chambers of Steelhaven where packed, three Enforcers sat at the end of the table, Sabine Wellmann of the Quesitors, Dr Heloise Cagennor of the Sons of Ether and the honorable Neville Sinclair, the only Orphan Enforcer, of the Howllow Ones. The two accused who had attacked your party together with a trio of reprogrammed HIT Marks sat to the side of the judges looking rather glum, their defenders by their side. The rest of the room where filled with several witnesses and the Deacon Primi from three of the Tribunal's Chantries. The trial was about to start and the prosecutor, Master Tolle stood and adressed you.
"Mr Wainwright I would like to call your apprentice Anna Wainwright as my first witness but as she is still a student I will need your consent to do so, do I have it?"
The old Enforcer said his voice like dry wood cracking. Anna, in the new, knitted dress you had bought her for this trial nodded slightly to you, she was willing to tell what had happened during the attack. Rodger and Udella was also there, sitting by your side in the overcrowded room.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 5 30 in the afternoon.)

"Yeah, we'll probably need a grocery run too," he said, more to himself. "Well, we'll see what we got."

"The most important thing is having a meal together not what we eat."
Mrs Danbrock said and smiled.
"My mom is a really good cook."
Kyle commented and the true believer smiled again.

"Probably a good idea," he said with a nod. "I can give you mine. Just be careful what you say on them for now."

Your brother nodded as he gave you his phone number.
"Yeah I will be careful."
He agreed.
"I do not want to Technocrazy to overhear anything."

(OOC: That is true. 4 can be unlucky in the West as well, in the East it is associated with death but in the West it is associated with hard work and drudgery, in a possitive light it can be seen as hard work building a strong fundation, and it is the number most often associated with the element of earth but it can also be well just drudgery and getting stuck.)

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 5 30 in the afternoon.)

'Bit hard, as I don't even have paint.' Nicole replied. 'We'll go straight back to Boston, then take the scenic route once there. Find me the quickest route back which ain't the one we came out on.'

"Sounds like a plan Miss Bouchard."
Thorn said and then he looked at his phone and tapped at it a few times.
"Ok if we take to the left here we should get a pretty streight route back to town."

'I know that sounds dumb... but we've shown our happy tails we ain't dumb. Therefore, they'll assume we'll go a roundabout route for everything. Plus, I'm really starting to run on empty now; starting to not trust my judgement and all that.'

"It seams fair enough Miss. Streight to the city then and a few roundabout turns to get back to Steelhaven."
He said and sigh.
"And I am tired as well, it have been a pretty intense few days, I do not even know how to process it all."
The Verbena said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:42 am

"I think asking Miss Adlebloom would be better for that Mentor, like I said you are a boy."
Anna said and giggeled a little before blushing.
"No I suspect I will not be allowed to go out on my own for a while."
She added and sigh.
Colin smiled sadly, "It's mainly for health reasons, sweetie... You'll get better in a while, but it's probably going to take a few weeks before you are safe from ripping stitches."

"That tend to be so yes, the longer into the future a preminition is set the more likely the outcome will change, even so preminitions are immensly useful and they give you a likely outcome but you can never be sure."
Udella explained.
He nodded, "When the premonitions tell me what's going on at the same time as I'm having them, with the benefit of hindsight, though... Well, none of them were entirely specific in the outcome, just how I managed to get help securing a favourable outcome."

"Well it makes sense that how friendly they are would vary from person to person and how you approach them. I am really looking forward to seeing them Mentor."
Anna said and she grinned happily.
He grinned, "Me too."

"Well that is just perfect."
Udella said and frowned.
"I will have your back my good man."
Rodger commented.
"Do you want me to have a look at that ward Mentor?"
Anna suggjested.
He paused for a moment, then nodded and handed Anna the monocle, lifting her restrictions, "Very well, but observation only, and try to throw up a quick defensive ward first. See what you can do without being spotted; discretion is more important than good intel here."

Udella gave you a suprised look. Rodger simply grunted, Anna looked at you and nodded.
"Are your future self going to talk with you Mentor?"
She asked.
He smiled, "More like I am going to visit my future self and see what's going on at the time. It's a little bit complicated."

[Steelhaven Hall, February 2nd, 2016]
Your suit where new the one you had bought for Anna's trial had gotten blood stains on it when yu rushed in and saved her so you had needed a new one, it was important to keep up apperances after all. The Council Chambers of Steelhaven where packed, three Enforcers sat at the end of the table, Sabine Wellmann of the Quesitors, Dr Heloise Cagennor of the Sons of Ether and the honorable Neville Sinclair, the only Orphan Enforcer, of the Howllow Ones. The two accused who had attacked your party together with a trio of reprogrammed HIT Marks sat to the side of the judges looking rather glum, their defenders by their side. The rest of the room where filled with several witnesses and the Deacon Primi from three of the Tribunal's Chantries. The trial was about to start and the prosecutor, Master Tolle stood and adressed you.
"Mr Wainwright I would like to call your apprentice Anna Wainwright as my first witness but as she is still a student I will need your consent to do so, do I have it?"
The old Enforcer said his voice like dry wood cracking. Anna, in the new, knitted dress you had bought her for this trial nodded slightly to you, she was willing to tell what had happened during the attack. Rodger and Udella was also there, sitting by your side in the overcrowded room.
Colin stood up and bowed to the judges, and to Master Tolle, "My daughter is quite up for relating the chain of events of her arrival to Boston. You may question her, but I ask that you do not press her with particularly stressful questions. I believe you have the short list of subjects proscribed by Dr. Boudavich? With that sole caveat, you have my consent to question her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:40 am

Colin smiled sadly, "It's mainly for health reasons, sweetie... You'll get better in a while, but it's probably going to take a few weeks before you are safe from ripping stitches."

"It is ok Mentor, I am not used to go out alone ayway I never have, and I do not want to get more sick, being sick really suck."
Anna agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "When the premonitions tell me what's going on at the same time as I'm having them, with the benefit of hindsight, though... Well, none of them were entirely specific in the outcome, just how I managed to get help securing a favourable outcome."

"Then such visions are very useful Mr Wainwright, I am not claiming otherwise, I study a bit of temporal magick myself. I am just saying that to relay on it to much might be dangerous."
Udella said and nodded.

He grinned, "Me too."

Anna smiled happily at that.
"Then we will see them soon Mentor."

He paused for a moment, then nodded and handed Anna the monocle, lifting her restrictions, "Very well, but observation only, and try to throw up a quick defensive ward first. See what you can do without being spotted; discretion is more important than good intel here."

Anna nodded she took the monocle and looked through it, her other hand made a series of quick, elegant gestures that looked a little like the one you had seen the Hermetics use but where not the same.
"I have put up a ward Mentor, hum...the ward the ones you looked at have put up is done with Technomagick...also there are Primium there...allot of Primium it is disturbing my magick..."
Anna sigh and she handed you the monocle back.
"I am sorry Mentor that is all I could find out without trying to force things."
She said apologetically."

He smiled, "More like I am going to visit my future self and see what's going on at the time. It's a little bit complicated."

"Well it is what you do Mentor, I hope you find out something good."
Anna said and smiled.

Colin stood up and bowed to the judges, and to Master Tolle, "My daughter is quite up for relating the chain of events of her arrival to Boston. You may question her, but I ask that you do not press her with particularly stressful questions. I believe you have the short list of subjects proscribed by Dr. Boudavich? With that sole caveat, you have my consent to question her."

Master Tolle nodded politely.
"I have the list yes Mr Wainwright I do not think any questions should touch those subjects other than perhaps the dart that Master Adimari where shot with, if your apprentice becomes upset I will end that line of questioning and also if you ever feel uncomfortable with the questioning you have the right to ask me to stop."
The old Quesitor.
"Very well then let us get started, Prosecution calls Anna Wainwright."
He declared and Anna stood, there where no room for a witness box so standing had to do.
"Please state your name, rank and Tradition Miss Wainwright."
Master Tolle said.
"Anna Wainwright apprentice to Adeptus Colin Weinwright I have an official rank of Deciple of Prime I am an Orphan and live at Chantry Steelhaven Hall Sir."
Anna said politely. Master Tolle nodded, he never smiled he just aknowledged that everything where in order.
"Please tell me what happened outside Boston Umbral Port on the 20 of September last year Miss Wainwright."
Master Tolle said and Anna nodded.
"Me, my Mentor, Master Adimari and Mr Tasselwell where returning from Chicago, my Mentor thought that we might be attacked when we returned because he had pissed of a powerful woman, when he tried to look forward in time we found a ward so we where warned. At the Umbral port we found a Technocrat and told them about some Nephandi among their own and then we left, we did not get far for our car stopped working and it sort of rolled into an ally. There those two...the defendants Miss Tola and Mr Kagen along with three reprogrammed HIT Marks attacked us. Then allot happened, My Mentor said something that we would have died if he had not had prioer knowledge of things, someone shot Master Adimari with a dart containing...the...serum...I was closest and I...ehm...ripped it out, so only a little bit of it got into it...but then I sort of freaked out for I touched it...touched..."
Anna took a deep breath.
"I was scared I do not remember all that happened very well, a Primium bullet hit my Mentor in the arm, and Mr Tasselwell got shot in the leg, but then he shot one of the HIT-Marks in the eye and yelled to my Mentor to aim for their eyes as they are weak there. My Mentor later said that because he alreayd knew that he had already taken aim at the second HIT Mark and shot it before it could shoot me, Master Adimari managed to cast a spell on the third HIT Mark, a mightly ball of fire that stripped the flesh of it and then my Mentor shot that one to, at this point Mr Kagen teleported away but I managed to stop Miss Kola from using magick though I was still freaking out and I held her powers until we got to Steelhaven. My Mentor said that he would get more knowledge about this from the future and then he would know to shoot the HIT Mark's eyes earlier and make sure Mr Tasselwell did not get hurt so he would get a better result, and that the first time both I and Mr Tasselwell died and Master Adimari got seriously hurt. And that this time he would give me a pair of gloves so I would nto freak out as much when pulling the dart out of Master Adimari so I might be able to act quicker and capture Mr Kagan as well before he had the chance to do some things my Mentor refuse to tell me about."
Anna said then she looked at you.
"That is all I remember Mentor...it all happened so far it is a bit of a blur. Did I do well enough?"
She asked a bit nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:56 am

"Then such visions are very useful Mr Wainwright, I am not claiming otherwise, I study a bit of temporal magick myself. I am just saying that to relay on it to much might be dangerous."
Udella said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Chaos theory... I've flapped a lot of butterflies, but what has happened up to now should not be affected by my future self warning me about it."

Anna nodded she took the monocle and looked through it, her other hand made a series of quick, elegant gestures that looked a little like the one you had seen the Hermetics use but where not the same.
"I have put up a ward Mentor, hum...the ward the ones you looked at have put up is done with Technomagick...also there are Primium there...allot of Primium it is disturbing my magick..."
Anna sigh and she handed you the monocle back.
"I am sorry Mentor that is all I could find out without trying to force things."
She said apologetically."
He frowned, "While there is a lot of Primium at the Umbral Port, that does sound like it's either a cyborg or HIT-Mark involved. You did good, sweetie, that's a good analysis."

Master Tolle nodded politely.
"I have the list yes Mr Wainwright I do not think any questions should touch those subjects other than perhaps the dart that Master Adimari where shot with, if your apprentice becomes upset I will end that line of questioning and also if you ever feel uncomfortable with the questioning you have the right to ask me to stop."
He simply nodded and sat back down.

The old Quesitor.
"Very well then let us get started, Prosecution calls Anna Wainwright."
He declared and Anna stood, there where no room for a witness box so standing had to do.
"Please state your name, rank and Tradition Miss Wainwright."
Master Tolle said.
"Anna Wainwright apprentice to Adeptus Colin Weinwright I have an official rank of Deciple of Prime I am an Orphan and live at Chantry Steelhaven Hall Sir."
Anna said politely. Master Tolle nodded, he never smiled he just aknowledged that everything where in order.
"Please tell me what happened outside Boston Umbral Port on the 20 of September last year Miss Wainwright."
Master Tolle said and Anna nodded.
"Me, my Mentor, Master Adimari and Mr Tasselwell where returning from Chicago, my Mentor thought that we might be attacked when we returned because he had pissed of a powerful woman, when he tried to look forward in time we found a ward so we where warned. At the Umbral port we found a Technocrat and told them about some Nephandi among their own and then we left, we did not get far for our car stopped working and it sort of rolled into an ally. There those two...the defendants Miss Tola and Mr Kagen along with three reprogrammed HIT Marks attacked us. Then allot happened, My Mentor said something that we would have died if he had not had prioer knowledge of things, someone shot Master Adimari with a dart containing...the...serum...I was closest and I...ehm...ripped it out, so only a little bit of it got into it...but then I sort of freaked out for I touched it...touched..."
Anna took a deep breath.
"I was scared I do not remember all that happened very well, a Primium bullet hit my Mentor in the arm, and Mr Tasselwell got shot in the leg, but then he shot one of the HIT-Marks in the eye and yelled to my Mentor to aim for their eyes as they are weak there. My Mentor later said that because he alreayd knew that he had already taken aim at the second HIT Mark and shot it before it could shoot me, Master Adimari managed to cast a spell on the third HIT Mark, a mightly ball of fire that stripped the flesh of it and then my Mentor shot that one to, at this point Mr Kagen teleported away but I managed to stop Miss Kola from using magick though I was still freaking out and I held her powers until we got to Steelhaven. My Mentor said that he would get more knowledge about this from the future and then he would know to shoot the HIT Mark's eyes earlier and make sure Mr Tasselwell did not get hurt so he would get a better result, and that the first time both I and Mr Tasselwell died and Master Adimari got seriously hurt. And that this time he would give me a pair of gloves so I would nto freak out as much when pulling the dart out of Master Adimari so I might be able to act quicker and capture Mr Kagan as well before he had the chance to do some things my Mentor refuse to tell me about."
Anna said then she looked at you.
"That is all I remember Mentor...it all happened so far it is a bit of a blur. Did I do well enough?"
She asked a bit nervously.
He smiled warmly, "You did perfectly, Anna. You just told me everything I need to know to save us all, including getting you those gloves... hum, one detail I should like to know, though - where was Master Adimari hit? We might be able to get her some convenient armour plating before heading out..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:48 pm

Anja's Post:

'True enough. Think we all need a bit of what Shade needs; a little time to let heads catch up with all the shit that happened.' Nicole replied, following Thorn's directions, still keeping aware of any tails or the like...

[Unless Thorn wishes to talk or you wish to spring a 'random event' on her, feel free to fast-forward to getting back to Steelhaven].

[Oh, and have fun.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:55 pm

[Colin] (In MasterMorgan's shuttle at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"That is a wise way to look at it Mr Wainwright."
Udella said approvinfly and she gave you a warm smile.

Anna frowned at that.
"A HIT Mark or Technocratic Cyborg would be bad Mentor let us hope that is not the case but it might seam like it might be so."
She said then she smiled a little.
"I am glad to be useful Mentor."
She added proudly.

[Colin] (Steelhaven 2/2 2016)

Master Tolle gave you a bit of a look as you spoke to his witness, but since the residing judge and the other two judges did not stop you he did not comment on it. Anna nodded and then she frowned.
"Here up on her arm."
She said and pointed to Udella's arm right over her elbow.
"Well I would not mind avoiding that bit of indignity."
Udella herself commented. Neville Sinclair gave you a stern look.
"Mr Wainwright are you using this court to give messages through time?"
He asked and Master Tolle said.
"I do not like it either Master Sinclair, however there is no law against it."
The Quesitor said evently and the Hollower Enforcer grunted and nodded.
"Well then let us get to order and continue this trial."

(OOC: I went to a thought field therapist today before going camping, it was good, I felt I got a little further. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:07 pm

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 6 in the afternoon.)

Thorn had little more to say as you drove back to Steelhaven nor did anything else of note happen, soon you where back in the Chantry garage and you could finally park your car. No one else where in the garage right now. Thorn looked over at you and sigh.
"Well I should go and see if anyone else from my Chantry are here Miss Bouchard and get home..."
The Verbena said, he looked really tired now that adrenaline was no longer keeping him going, tired and sad.
"I hope the next time we mee is under less violent circumstances."
He added then unless you had something to say he gave you a polite bow.
"Good day then Miss Bouchard."
He said then he went into the Chantry itself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Nicole staggered slightly on getting out of the car; clearly she'd been running on adrenalin for some time too, and with the threat gone it was giving out. 'Yeah... good luck getting back to your base. Tell anyone who needs to know I've got back, right?' tiredly going up to the trunk of the car to get the loot box, holding her rifle in the other.

[Nicole's up for some PC-PC RP, if anyone's free...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:50 pm

"Yes but a spell that is not just imagination is it? After all would not a spell use energies or some sort of rules to affect changes. It is like making a cake, you create the cake from ingredients you do not just imagine it."
Bernard protested.

"All spells are just imagination codified and come to life. You believe the specific actions your doing will have an effect on the world and they do. Some people imagine themselves harnessing the primal energies of the world while others think their calling on some greater power for assistance. But the important part is the belief that it will happen. Their belief shapes the world and makes it true. Just like how some random dude a million years ago thought that he could make a sweet treat with some white powders, sugars, and milk. He believed that he could and that belief made it a reality and he passed on that knowledge and belief to others." Serge replied.

There was a door in one end of the room, Bernard looked really skeptical though.
"What if there is something scary out there Serge, I mean this kitchen is safe, but what if there are darker things in my mind that I might encounter."
He asked in a worried tone of voice.

"Then you fight them...or run....but fighting them is a lot cooler." Serge said nonchalantly. "Anything dangerous that you could find would just be manifestations of your fears and darker emotions. Those kinds of things can be fought off with positive emotions. The positive emotions you have of this kitchen is what keeps you safe but you can bring those emotions anywhere with you."

Bernard seamed to calm down a little at that, he looked around.
"Not the horpital I was taken to right? The one where the needle man was in?"
He asked just to be sure.

"Nah, your far away from that place." Serge said calmly trying to ease Bernard's tension.

"Perhaps she is...I...don't know are you sure I am safe here?"
The wounded man asked. Allison where tending to one of the wounded women who had been rescued from Jace, she was gently washing the woman's forehead with a damp cloth.

"You are very safe here." Serge said earnestly. "In this building we are being protected by people who can shoot fire out of their hands, magickal ninjas, ancient spirits, just plain old folks with guns, and who knows what else."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 pm

"The most important thing is having a meal together not what we eat."
Mrs Danbrock said and smiled.
"My mom is a really good cook."
Kyle commented and the true believer smiled again.

"You only say this because you haven't tried anything I've cooked, ma'am," he said with a tired grin. "Anyway, we'll figure it out, maybe make a grocery list of things you want to buy and we'll see what we can do, someone's going to need to fill the fridges."

Your brother nodded as he gave you his phone number.
"Yeah I will be careful."
He agreed.
"I do not want to Technocrazy to overhear anything."

"Thanks, here's mine," he said, using the number to dial up Kyle so he had his number. "Right, let's get in and let me have a glance around, make sure everything is ok and you tell me what you're going to need. Oh, did our mentor give you a contact for the next while, if he's busy? In case you need something?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:33 pm

[Morgan's Shuttle, 6:30 PM]
Anna frowned at that.
"A HIT Mark or Technocratic Cyborg would be bad Mentor let us hope that is not the case but it might seam like it might be so."
She said then she smiled a little.
"I am glad to be useful Mentor."
She added proudly.
Colin frowned, "I hope I am wrong; those things are ridiculously durable..."

Master Tolle gave you a bit of a look as you spoke to his witness, but since the residing judge and the other two judges did not stop you he did not comment on it. Anna nodded and then she frowned.
"Here up on her arm."
She said and pointed to Udella's arm right over her elbow.
"Well I would not mind avoiding that bit of indignity."
Udella herself commented. Neville Sinclair gave you a stern look.
"Mr Wainwright are you using this court to give messages through time?"
He asked and Master Tolle said.
"I do not like it either Master Sinclair, however there is no law against it."
The Quesitor said evently and the Hollower Enforcer grunted and nodded.
"Well then let us get to order and continue this trial."
He cleared his throat softly, "Ah, my pardon, Master Sinclair - but it would be imprecise to say I am simply sending myself messages; my future self is temporally shifting my past self along my own timeline - as we speak, I am standing in Master Morgan's shuttle, under Mr. Tasselwell's steady guidance, immediately prior to the incident this trial concerns. This future habit of mine is in fact the very reason I was granted early promotion to Adept rank, and the very reason we survived the encounter to be able to bring this matter to trial in the first place. As Master Tolle pointed out, it is not illegal, and I should think it in general a boon to justice if a surviving victim of a crime can prepare for said crime, so as to ensure the culprit is identified and brought to the court's attention rather than slinking away into the shadows to commit further crimes."
He lowered his gaze, "My apologies for the interruption."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:43 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 6 in the afternoon.)

"I have lived for many years on the run Mr Roth Hicks and while I have usually tried to provide good food for my husband and son, there have been times where we will have to make do, I am not picking, however if you wish I could make a list of items I would need to make a good breakfast."
Mrs Danbrock said and smiled to you.

Kyle nodded as he stored your number.
"Sure if you think there might be something dangerous in the apartment, I mean we are at a Chantry are we not."
He said then he nodded.
"I was told a expedition to Ikea for the new Chantry members where planned as the furniture are old, what I really need though are my computer, the charger for my phone and Nintendo, clothes and a toothbrush and such, but I am sure I will be fine until things calm down and our stuff can be gathered from our apartment."
Your brother said and he move to the side so you could enter the aprtment first and he handed you the keys.
"He said to just ask anyone who did not look busy if I need anything and that he will check in with me later in the evening."

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 6 in the afternoon.)

Bernard looked rather doubtful.
"I know you know more about this than me Serge but do all makes believe like you do? For to me what you say here do not make such sense, I am sure belief are a part of it but for me magickal energies or enteties like spirits seam allot more likely to be the cause of magick than just imagination."
The wounded man commented.

"Ehm so...fight them with positive thinking eh...I guess I could try that Serge, if I ever feel up to going exploring in my inner world, for now though there is just to many things in there that I just do not want to see."
Bernard muttered.
"Perhaps later eh..."
He said with a sigh.

"So this is not the hospital?"
The wounded man asked, he looked around and groaned.
"My back hurts...and my head, but I guess that is to be expected."
He muttered.
"As long as I am away from that place the rest is fine."

Bernard looked at you and raised an eyebrow.
"Ninjas as in pracitioners of the art on Ninjitsu? Well that is a quite practical martial arts...I saw the fireballs though...I guess that if all of these guys you mention are friendly then that would be good protection..."
He said then he smiled a little.
"My ex would have loved it here."
He commented.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 6)

"I will let Master Morgan know we are back safely Miss Bouchard, and thank you, I am sure I can find someone who can get me home."
Thorn commented before he left. You got the loot box out of the trunk with little trouble.

(OOC: It might take a bit of time beofre Colin is back and Adley is running errands but I might orcastrate a reason for Serge to meet up with Nicole, depending of if Jeremy are okey with that?)

(Ooc I need to do warps pist later as I write these on my computer and transfer to my phone here while camping.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Nicole gave a nod to Thorn as he left, then began her trek into the Chantry itself, deciding that going up to her rooms to shower and change was perhaps the most pressing item on her "to do list".

[Nick has several bits and pieces to do in the Chantry which don't really require ST intervention; there's a chance Serge might run into her during this if he's wandering the corridors etc].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:23 pm

"I have lived for many years on the run Mr Roth Hicks and while I have usually tried to provide good food for my husband and son, there have been times where we will have to make do, I am not picking, however if you wish I could make a list of items I would need to make a good breakfast."
Mrs Danbrock said and smiled to you.

"Or just groceries in general. If I or someone else go fetch them, it would be easier with a list. Anyway, the food we brought up here is very good so please do enjoy. We'll see you soon."

"Sure if you think there might be something dangerous in the apartment, I mean we are at a Chantry are we not."
He said then he nodded.

"We are a chantry, yes but one that has just been attacked, in the middle of a war...although the rooms were searched a few times, I'd rather check just in case just to be sure there are no lingering surprises."

"I was told a expedition to Ikea for the new Chantry members where planned as the furniture are old, what I really need though are my computer, the charger for my phone and Nintendo, clothes and a toothbrush and such, but I am sure I will be fine until things calm down and our stuff can be gathered from our apartment."
Your brother said and he move to the side so you could enter the aprtment first and he handed you the keys.
"He said to just ask anyone who did not look busy if I need anything and that he will check in with me later in the evening."

"Some of the old furniture is still seems functional to me, but then again I have almost no furniture in my room right now so what do I know? I probably will go with you, make my rooms a bit more...comfortable for guests. At least if I have any money after replacing my wardrobe and filling my fridge, and finding out who repaired my car so I can thank them," he said, then took the keys from him. "Good, I should be available after an hour or so but in the meantime that sounds like a plan. I will first check for any magickal activity, then for spirits," he explained. "I prefer the old gestures which are used in pairs, to describe what kind of magick I wish to do and then what it should work upon. See if you can figure out which ones I'm using, if you come across it in your studywork." He raised his hands and made two specific hand gestures as he spoke to allow him to check the door and room for any traces of magickal activity beyond what was probably normal for the area and then another set for anything out of the ordinary beyond the veil for spirits. He examined the door before opening it, if it was clear and then inside the rooms, assuming a defensive posture. Sure, perhaps it was overkill but since there'd been a rabid avatar eater smuggled under the floorboards by one of their own and let loose, he was less interested in if he looked paranoid than if Kyle's room was safe to sleep in. Instead of using the combined spell for spirit and prime, he used the simpler ones - he was aware he was tired even if he didn't feel it and didn't need the spells to last for a very long while. Plus, Kyle would be seeing a lot of spells. It would be easier for him to know what they were for and how to perform them if he saw them used in situ. At least, it had been for him.

// prime scan all the things: 5, 3, 6, spirit scan: 2, 8, 2 - and a perception roll if needed: 2, 3, 2, 9, 4

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Bernard looked rather doubtful.
"I know you know more about this than me Serge but do all makes believe like you do? For to me what you say here do not make such sense, I am sure belief are a part of it but for me magickal energies or enteties like spirits seam allot more likely to be the cause of magick than just imagination."
The wounded man commented.

"You don't have to believe me. Most people don't. That's just the way I like to look at things. Everyone's got their own interpretations though. There's no right or wrong answer though. Do what you think is right." Serge said simply. "You know there's a lot of mage groups that you would fit right into."

"Ehm so...fight them with positive thinking eh...I guess I could try that Serge, if I ever feel up to going exploring in my inner world, for now though there is just to many things in there that I just do not want to see."
Bernard muttered.
"Perhaps later eh..."
He said with a sigh.

"Doesn't that sound like the moral of a cheesy kids cartoon. 'Fight with the power of positivity!'. Sounds kinda like the care bears." Serge said with a chuckle.

"And we got all the time in the world. There's no need to rush things." he added kindly afterwards.

"So this is not the hospital?"
The wounded man asked, he looked around and groaned.
"My back hurts...and my head, but I guess that is to be expected."
He muttered.
"As long as I am away from that place the rest is fine."

"Your body's probably getting used to being in the real world again. You were in the dream realm for a bit not to mention it was your first time traveling between the worlds. If you want I can call the doctor to check on you and make sure everything is OK. Or if your scared of doctors a magickal healer to check on you." Serge offered.

Bernard looked at you and raised an eyebrow.
"Ninjas as in pracitioners of the art on Ninjitsu? Well that is a quite practical martial arts...I saw the fireballs though...I guess that if all of these guys you mention are friendly then that would be good protection..."
He said then he smiled a little.
"My ex would have loved it here."
He commented.

"Yes yes yes. Practitioner's of ninjutsu. Don't start lecturing me like my cousin did." Serge said wry grin remembering the conversation he had had with Rosa about Ninja's and cultural sensitivity.

"Everyone would love to be here. It's a building full of mage's! It's like Hogwarts except less school and with more variety. There's so much cool shit here that I haven't even fully seen yet." Serge said excitedly.

(OOC: I'd be OK with that. It'd be cool for Serge to talk to Nicole when we're both free. Serge still needs to know what on Earth happened in the Labyrinth and I'm sure he'd love to hear stories about it and many of Nicole's other escapades.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:44 am

[Colin] (In Master Morgan's shuttle at 7 in the afternoon.)

"I think that is why the Union made the bloody things to be durable pains in the ass."
Rodger grumbeled. Anna frowned and nodded at that.

[Colin] (2/2 2016 Steelhaven.)

Master Sinclair thought for a moment then he nodded.
"You make a fair point Mr Wainwright, however in the duture if there is to be such interuption to the Tribunal's procedings then please request a recess."
The Hollower said then he nodded.
"But when messages are first sent to the past I have one for you to bring back if you are willing."
He said as he regarded you and he waited for your answer before he continued.
"A fifth faction is coming Mr Wainwright, if possible can you warn your Chantry to make sure nothing happens to the Templar woman, Captain Welder this time around, perhaps that will ensure that we do not get off on the wrong foot with them from the start as we did this time."
The Hollower said with a serious and concerned look in his eyes.

[Adley] (Steelhaven 6 30 in te afternoon.)

"I will work on a list then, at least of what my husband and I might need."
Mrs Danbrock said then she nodded and sat down by the small table.
"Thank you it smells delicious."
She said as Mr Danbrock lead you and Kyle to the door.
"Goodbye for now then Mr Roth Hicks and Kyle...be on your best behavior."
He siad and the teenager smiled.
"I will dad."
He promised.

Kyle nodded to you when you said you should check out the room anyway.
"I guess it do not hurt to be cautious."
He agreed and shrugged.

"I generally do not need allot in the ways of furniture and if it is old it do not bother me as long as they are not falling apart that is fine."
Kyle said then he glanced at you.
"What happened to your clothes Adley?"

You cast your spell to search the room for magick and Resonance and there was something there, something cast not to long ago using Matter and Forces, the spell had a crisp, clean feeling and you think it was the residue of a rote to clear out dust from the long empty apartment, it was no threat to anyone. When looking for spirits though you found Curly in there, your Mentor had probably sent one of is imps to keep an eye on his new apprentice. Kyle looked at your hands as you worked and he tried to copy one of the gestures, Vim, though he did not extend his two raised fingers well enough.
"This is for affecting spirits and pure energies right?"
Your brother asked and looked up at you.

(OOC: Prime scan all the things now that is a name for a rote. Razz )

[Serge] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"I guess your way of looking at things is fair enough Serge but I do not think that way would work for me though, I think that I would have to look at things though energies."
Bernard said and then he sigh.
"But like I said you know far, far more than me about this...but what is a Tradition though? You mentioned that there where several Traditions I would fit into."
He said and he gave you a bit of a confused look.

"Ah Care Bears I remember that show, though fighting with the power of posititivty sounds more like some form of New Age to me, then again if there is magick I guess the New Agers and occultists where right."
The wounded man said and he smiled a little.
"Yeah...perhaps I will explore, but at a later time, not now, and not for a long time to come."
He said and frowned as he glanced at the door in front of him.

When he had woken up Bernard nodded at what you where saying.
"You are probably right, I have been out for a while...ehm how long have I been out come to think of it?"
He said then he shook his head.
"The pain is managable and I am sure your doctor is busy...I am a bit nervous about them after what happened...but I am sure I will be fine...that there where one evil bastard should not make me mistrust all phycisians."
He said and then he smiled a little.
"I am not going to lecture you Serge, I am not going to lecture you, pracitioners of Ninjitsu then."

"Well my ex is an pretty dedicated occultist so she would like it more than most...I guess I will not be allowed to tell her about this place though."
Bernard said and looked up at you.
"Since clearely this society of mages are kept a secret."

[Nicole] (Nicole Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

As you got up to the main part of the Chantry you smelled food from the common room, apperantly someone had prepared a meal and some of the Chantry members and guests where still eating so your choice stood between food and a shower.

(OOC: What if I have Allison send Serge to the kitchen for some food for one of the patients, he might run into Nicole then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:39 am

[Steelhaven, February 2nd]
Master Sinclair thought for a moment then he nodded.
"You make a fair point Mr Wainwright, however in the duture if there is to be such interuption to the Tribunal's procedings then please request a recess."
Colin nodded, "Of course, Sir. Though in my defense, I merely responded to being addressed."

The Hollower said then he nodded.
"But when messages are first sent to the past I have one for you to bring back if you are willing."
He nodded, "Of course."

He said as he regarded you and he waited for your answer before he continued.
"A fifth faction is coming Mr Wainwright, if possible can you warn your Chantry to make sure nothing happens to the Templar woman, Captain Welder this time around, perhaps that will ensure that we do not get off on the wrong foot with them from the start as we did this time."
The Hollower said with a serious and concerned look in his eyes.
He frowned, "That I can do... could you possibly elaborate on what happened? Knowing the details will help with protecting her in advance. Also, the name does not ring a bell right now, I'm afraid..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next