Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 7 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:00 pm

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"That would be awesome. Thanks!" Serge said with a smile.

"I will bring the games over later today then."
Bruce said and nodded.

"As for how I use it in a rote? Same way I'd use this symbol in a spell." Serge said stretching out his shirt to emphasize the lighting bolt of Flash's iconic superhero symbol on it. "Symbols influence the mind and thus shape how we view the world. I just take it one step further."

"Seams legit to me, well for how much I am able to understand a mystic Paradigm."
Bruce commented then he nodded.
"Good luck with that project kid."

"I'd up for that. I'm told he's quite polite even if he's scarily powerful." Serge said with a grin.

"Ever seen the show Hannibal, he is also very polite, that someone is polite is not a measure of what they will do to you if given half a chance."
The Orphan commented darkly.

"We all want to save people and are willing to go through strange and dangerous lengths to do it?" Serge said with a shrug. "We're all different but that seems to be a consistent pattern among us. At least from what little I've seen and heard."

"True enough but that still do not make us any more defined by luck and lock than by kitchens and the loo."
Bruce said as he regarded Serge for a moment.

(OOC: Yes she is a Verbena hedge wizard and what was in her cookies are for me to know and Serge to worry about. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 7 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Adley Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Colin's eyes glittered with mischief for a moment, while his facial expression otherwise was as innocent and stoic as ever, "Well, now, Adley, I have noted you are quite adept at a quick pat down in combat, so ordering someone to disrobe might be considered an unnecessary extra step in any case. Though I suppose having one's undergarments around one's ankles would make it a lot harder to run..."

He gave Colin a sour look. "I am just being thorough."

He smiled wryly, "You might enjoy it, actually - though I think you might not want to pick it for movie night with your little brother."

"Noted."

He nodded with a wry smile, "I'm sure Anna will at least ask first... She's very hard to say 'no' to, though... and the little darling knows it."

"I think you're going to need to practice, and I wouldn't let her hear you say that or you'll be in trouble."

'You got be there. I'm actually the decoy for you to glower at while Mr Manchuria here sneaks in without you none the wiser.' Nicole quipped, giving a smirk.

"Of course, it all makes sense now. It was a setup the whole time, meant to stack the deck so at least one of you would shoo-in," he deadpanned.

He shrugged, "Well, they are hardly 'my' reenactment groups. I just keep an eye on when they announce a renaissance fair, pay my fee, and set up my little silver booth among the market stalls. With, of course, an outfit that is at least passably medieval. That said, King Richard's Faire is going on almost this entire month down in Carver; I just might skip it this year, though, owing to... new responsibilities."

"Maybe Anna would like to go if she can. Well, it was an idea but let us know if you think it's feasible. It could be fun though, if we've got the time."

He nodded, "It might serve more as a reminder of... happier, more innocent times. We might not be able to go back to where we were two weeks ago, but we can certainly try to bring with us the good on the way forward."

"True enough."

He nodded, then thought back, "I think perhaps you did - though I wouldn't swear to it. You did express some disagreement with it being my treat, though."
"We will split it."
Bruce said.
"This Nephandi bullshit have taken allot out of all of our pocket books."

"No, if I said I was going to buy, then I will do so. Pizza will not put me in a much worse debt than anything else."

'Hmm... which Bruins?' the large woman said, a little thrown, and inadvertently revealing to Adley where she was originally from.

He shrugged at her. "I was looking at Boston, since it's closer and the National team but if you want to go to Providence and see the AHL play, then I'm sure I can do that. Just got to pick a game where we won't spend a year stuck in the traffic getting to it."

"Yeah. Mainly video game iconography. Metal Gear Solid is quite known for how it brought stealth games into popular video game culture." Serge said with a smile. "Did your brother mention what video game he wanted his portals to look? I'll assume portal because that's obvious and also would be really friggin awesome."

"I happened to mention that I saw what a joint effort portal between a Virtual Adept and a Hermetic looked like, so now of course he wants to make one like that. He'll have to meet some of House Thig at some point."

"As for how I use it in a rote? Same way I'd use this symbol in a spell." Serge said stretching out his shirt to emphasize the lighting bolt of Flash's iconic superhero symbol on it. "Symbols influence the mind and thus shape how we view the world. I just take it one step further."

"Images and words are very important, yes."

"Oh my god that is so much better than what I was thinking of! I was gonna say 'Mr. Wainwright's tea party'." Serge said ripping a page from his notepad crumpling it up into a ball and shoving it into his pocket. "I like the naming style. I can create a coat of arms for you guys once we've come up with a name. Torch and Compass Cabal fits for an exploration cabal. What are the things this cabal wants to accomplish?" Serge asked.
He arched an eyebrow, "I'm going to straight up veto Mr. Yager's suggestion, and should I still be downvoted, I will make sure Old Man Wrinkle is invited for a cordial cup of tea for every Cabal meeting. Am I quite clear on this matter?"
"Yes sir." Serge said politely although he secretly thought that having tea with one of the strongest and politest paradox spirits was quite a boon for choosing his name.
"You are making the scariest Paradox spirit ever our Cabal mascot Colin?"
Bruce asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"I guess we better down vote Mr Yager's suggestion then.

He looked amused. "Seeing as how I have no wish for more frequent visits from Mr Wrinkle, I will have to concur."

He smiled warmly, "With that out of the way, I like Adley's suggestion for naming conventions. Though perhaps Torch and Compass might be better suited for, as Serge suggests, a more exploration-oriented Cabal. I had half a mind to suggest 'Entropy Refuted' as a name, but for some reason, our exploits recently make me think 'The Kludge and Keystone Cabal' might fit us well..."
"I think perhaps it would stand more for inner searching and inner light but yeah the kid raise a good point we all have individual goals but do we have any in common?
The Orphan asked.
"What about The Luck and Logic Cabal?" Serge suggested. "From the sounds of things, you guys use plenty of both."
"We do Mr Yager but it is not in any way defining, everyone use both lagic and luck, you might as well call it the kitchen and loo Cabal we use those as well."
The large Orphan commented.

"Well, I thought of compass as a nod to your navigating skills as a pilot, as well as our own searching for truths in the universe. Torch is of course our inner guidance, as well as hope," he said by way of explaining his intent. He looked thoughtful at Colin's suggestion. "Keystone is a term used by the Freemasons and other masonic groups, but it might be a source of side-eye to some of the older magii if we combine it with another device that has similar implications. Back in the day, a group of Hermetics became rogue. Renamed the Craftmasons, they eventually helped to form the Order of Reason and also took part against the Order of Hermes at the battle of Mistridge covenant. They bombed the place with volleys of canonfire." He shrugged. "Of course, keystone was hardly a device that they owned and it has esoteric implications that extent further than their reach. However, as the last stone placed, it symbolizes the culmination of an effort, so I do not really feel that fits us yet. We've just barely set our cornerstones, as it were. Logic is not a bad thing to have, but we also need matters of spirit and the heart, and luck that is good rather than poor," he said wryly.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:23 pm

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:True he is much easier to like, the kid sort of give the same feeling as a kitten do."
Bruce said.
"I doubt he is an infiltrator though if so he would be a really, really good one."
Colin grinned wryly, "I'm none too worried. If he were an infiltrator, I'm sure future me would have warned me already."

S7trif3 wrote:He gave Colin a sour look. "I am just being thorough."
He grinned impishly, "I know, I know - and commendably, you're quick, precise and efficient without lingering anywhere, from what I've seen. The TSA could have a lot to learn from you."

Jeremy wrote:"Hey. Don't call any sort of inspiration dumb. Just because it seems odd to you doesn't mean it doesn't have meaning to someone else." Serge said with a hint of annoyance in his voice, although he tried to keep it hidden due to the Colin's seniority. "And yeah, there's been a few of metal gear games on Nintendo systems. Most of the games are on playstation though."
He arched an eyebrow, "In probably 99 point something percent of the cases, I would agree with you - but there are some quite objectively moronic things out there that people nonetheless believe in and take inspiration from. There's a man out there claiming that gravity is a toxin, and that ingesting substantial doses of organic cyanide will cure cancer. That said, there're very few things I would consider outright foolish, even if I might not agree with them."

Jeremy wrote:"That would be awesome. Thanks!" Serge said with a smile.

He grinned, "So what would you do with that symbol, then? Convince people that you move faster than they can see? I'll note, that would potentially be a quite useful trick..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah but I do think I ate more than anyone else I will make it up to you guys."
Bruce said and scratched his head.
He grinned wryly, "Tell you what - if you can locate my chocolate chip cookie jar, we'll call it even. I'm positive it's not in my apartment, and I know I saw it somewhere this weekend... I don't think it was there when I moved."

S7trif3 wrote:"I think you're going to need to practice, and I wouldn't let her hear you say that or you'll be in trouble."
He grinned, "Implying I'm not already..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Maybe Anna would like to go if she can. Well, it was an idea but let us know if you think it's feasible. It could be fun though, if we've got the time."
He shook his head, "Between her immune and cardiac concerns, as well as the ample presence of pins and needles for brooches and the like, I do not wish to risk it. It is quite entertaining, especially if I manage to find a spot for my stall near one of the bawdier bards, or possibly with a good view of the jousting grounds... Hum, I can probably manage to swing a few discounted tickets, come to think of it."

Anja wrote:"Pizza it is then Colin, we might want to consider take out so we can have Bee with us if we are getting to know one another as a Cabal she should be a part of it as well, for as long as she is able to."
Bruce said and nodded.
He nodded, "Definitively. She is a member, and after her retrial, she will still be a member, come Hell or high water."

Anja wrote:"I did not consider that, I guess we have to ask Master Nassa about it, I know she have gotten scared over things that remind her of what happen, for example she panics if people gather around her...I would not want to upset her."
Bruce said and frowned.
He nodded, "She'll have a bit of trouble for some time, I fear, especially if there are six Quaesitors in the room, but I'm fairly certain she'll be fine with friends and family."

Anja wrote:"We will split it."
Bruce said.
"This Nephandi bullshit have taken allot out of all of our pocket books."
He grimaced, "Don't remind me, I ran out of intact suits in tolerable condition this weekend. My tailor had an unusual series of epithets in stock for the condition my wardrobe was in. First time in years I had to buy clothes on credit..."

Anja wrote:"You are making the scariest Paradox spirit ever our Cabal mascot Colin?"
"I guess we better down vote Mr Yager's suggestion then.
Jeremy wrote:"Yes sir." Serge said politely although he secretly thought that having tea with one of the strongest and politest paradox spirits was quite a boon for choosing his name.
S7trif3 wrote:He looked amused. "Seeing as how I have no wish for more frequent visits from Mr Wrinkle, I will have to concur."
He nodded, "Good. Don't for a moment believe I would not make good on that threat. To the extent of disregarding the Chief's opinions on the matter. That said, I don't think it would be wise to call him a mascot. Perhaps patron would be more appropriate? Totem spirit? Probably none of the above, really..."

Jeremy wrote:"I'd up for that. I'm told he's quite polite even if he's scarily powerful." Serge said with a grin.
He grinned, "Just so long as you remember there's Primium hidden under that silk glove... He could erase any one of us from having ever existed with half a thought, if he thought it was necessary, or even expedient. He just prefers letting us clean up our own messes."

Anja wrote:"I think perhaps it would stand more for inner searching and inner light but yeah the kid raise a good point we all have individual goals but do we have any in common?
The Orphan asked.
He smiled wryly, "We do things that might seem reckless from the outside, yet we make it work? We all try to stay alive, intact, and to protect one another..."

"That works as well Colin though I have to admit to really liking Adley's suggestion."
Bruce commented.
He nodded, then looked up at Adley, "The heraldry should be simple enough for Torch and Compass - though, perhaps Compass Rose would work better than merely Compass. Or did you mean the drawing tool, like the Freemasons use?"

Jeremy wrote:"What about The Luck and Logic Cabal?" Serge suggested. "From the sounds of things, you guys use plenty of both."
He smiled thinly, "I suppose everyone uses those, though - and how would you design the heraldry?"

Anja wrote:"We do Mr Yager but it is not in any way defining, everyone use both lagic and luck, you might as well call it the kitchen and loo Cabal we use those as well."
Jeremy wrote:"We all want to save people and are willing to go through strange and dangerous lengths to do it?" Serge said with a shrug. "We're all different but that seems to be a consistent pattern among us. At least from what little I've seen and heard."
Anja wrote:"True enough but that still do not make us any more defined by luck and lock than by kitchens and the loo."
He chuckled softly, "Well, the heraldry for that is out of the question."

S7trif3 wrote:"Well, I thought of compass as a nod to your navigating skills as a pilot, as well as our own searching for truths in the universe. Torch is of course our inner guidance, as well as hope," he said by way of explaining his intent. He looked thoughtful at Colin's suggestion. "Keystone is a term used by the Freemasons and other masonic groups, but it might be a source of side-eye to some of the older magii if we combine it with another device that has similar implications. Back in the day, a group of Hermetics became rogue. Renamed the Craftmasons, they eventually helped to form the Order of Reason and also took part against the Order of Hermes at the battle of Mistridge covenant. They bombed the place with volleys of canonfire." He shrugged. "Of course, keystone was hardly a device that they owned and it has esoteric implications that extent further than their reach. However, as the last stone placed, it symbolizes the culmination of an effort, so I do not really feel that fits us yet. We've just barely set our cornerstones, as it were. Logic is not a bad thing to have, but we also need matters of spirit and the heart, and luck that is good rather than poor," he said wryly.
He nodded, "A good argument... Though the keystone is also the one that provides more support than it looks like, and I was not actually aware of the masonic reference to that... Might want to drop that one, then. I still like the Kludge part."

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
Nicole wrote:'Eh, what suits you. Don't like revolvers, me; harder to hide, worse recoil and slower to reload. Plus, don't hurt to have a spare or two. I've got one stashed in the dashboard of my car.'
He nodded, "True, revolvers have fewer shots, but speedloaders exist for a reason, and I know some have a built-in ejector to facilitate quicker reloads. Plus, you don't get semiautomatics that can fire standard shotgun shells. That aside, you're right about a few spares - I had to face that this weekend, after all."

Nicole wrote:'If Gorby wasn't gonna save the East Germans from the capitalists, who the hell thought he'd save Saddam's hide?' she sneered, now putting on the other sock.
He grinned wryly, "That would be the ultimate contradiction in terms - Military Intelligence. Now, don't think I mean this in a patronizing manner, but you would be, what, maybe four years old when the Soviet Union collapsed? You did not grow up with the Cold War as so integral a part of your childhood as I did - and in many ways, I envy you that..."

[Colin's shop, Monday, September 28th, 8 PM]
Anja wrote:"Hum...is this the material you would use when cooking fish and vegetables in the embers of a fire? I have seen some of the servants of my ehm....group do that."
Mr Ameli asked.
"I will have to go and pick up some then."
He nodded, "Just don't put it in the microwave or non-stick frying pan."

Anja wrote:"I always enjoy my dinner Mr Wainwright but I make sure not to kill if it can at all be avoided, killing those weaker than me is both impractical and dishonorable, they will wake up thinking they slipped and fall and find a tiny cut on their arm, their lives will not be disturbed more than that."
Mr Ameli said then he gave you a bow.
"Good evening then Mr Wainwright."
He said before he left.
He nodded, "Stay safe, then, and I hope to see you tomorrow evening."

[Steelhaven Hall, Monday September 28th]
Anja wrote:It was Monday evening when you where returning to Steelhaven after you had been out getting Anna what she would need, some clothes, some furniture for her room and other essentials. Earlier in the day Jon had helped you move your things up to the new apartment, and get Richard's things down to your old place, the furniture was all in place now though pictures, decorative objects and books and such still needed to be placed.

As you parked the car you got a text message from Richard.
"You wanted to meet Captain Welder? She should be strong enough for a visit now."
Anna glanced over at you from where she was sitting in the passenger seat.
"Did you get a message?"
She asked.
"Anything important?"
He smiled as he pocketed the phone again and grabbed the bags of clothes and other necessities from the back, "Oh, yes. We're going to to upstairs and see an old friend once we've dropped this off in the apartment. Now, I expect you to be on your best behaviour, alright?"
He grinned as he led Anna up the stairs, "We'll be trying to bring the old gang back together, and this is the third of us... and six more to go."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "In probably 99 point something percent of the cases, I would agree with you - but there are some quite objectively moronic things out there that people nonetheless believe in and take inspiration from. There's a man out there claiming that gravity is a toxin, and that ingesting substantial doses of organic cyanide will cure cancer. That said, there're very few things I would consider outright foolish, even if I might not agree with them."

Serge gave a look as if he didn't fully accept that answer but nodded and remained silent, believing he had already crossed a line.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "So what would you do with that symbol, then? Convince people that you move faster than they can see? I'll note, that would potentially be a quite useful trick..."

"That or have lightning spark out of my body. Or cause a strange motion blur on myself to make it harder to see where I am. Or give myself sudden inexplicable knowledge of forensic science." Serge said with a smile.

Adley wrote:"I happened to mention that I saw what a joint effort portal between a Virtual Adept and a Hermetic looked like, so now of course he wants to make one like that. He'll have to meet some of House Thig at some point."

"I would gladly help Kyle with that project." Serge said with a smile.

"Seams legit to me, well for how much I am able to understand a mystic Paradigm."
Bruce commented then he nodded.
"Good luck with that project kid."

Serge nodded, "Thank you. I just need people to test it..."

"Ever seen the show Hannibal, he is also very polite, that someone is polite is not a measure of what they will do to you if given half a chance."
The Orphan commented darkly.

"Ahh I see. Wrinkle is a cannibal." Serge joked.

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "I suppose everyone uses those, though - and how would you design the heraldry?"

"Chess and puzzle pieces for strategy, tactics, and logic. 4-leaf clovers and dice for luck." Serge said. Upon realizing the unoriginality of that design and the difficulty of coming up with a better one Serge said, "Yeah, maybe that name isn't the best idea."

"True enough but that still do not make us any more defined by luck and lock than by kitchens and the loo."

"Oh sorry. I agree with you. I was just saying that that was something we all had in common." Serge said correcting himself.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "A good argument... Though the keystone is also the one that provides more support than it looks like, and I was not actually aware of the masonic reference to that... Might want to drop that one, then. I still like the Kludge part."

At the mention of the word Kludge, Serge pulled out his phone and began typing something on it. "...an ill-assorted collection of parts assembled to fulfill a purpose. Hey! Wait that's actually quite accurate..."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:09 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin's Post:

'Okay. Let me know if anything else is on the "need to know list". And thanks.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole pulled out her rubber-coated cell from a pocket and brought up her own.

Adley's Post:
'I'll let you decide that.'

[Daytrip to Providence?]

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Think the Detroit ones missed that memo. Ran into them more often than Mirroshades, we did.'

Serge's Post:

A slight pause, grabbed a bottle and passed it over to Serge on the way out of the apartment. Right colour, but unlabelled and in a Gatorate bottle for some reason.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Why would you need a piece which could fire shells?' the large woman said, giving a frown.

Colin's Post:

'...yeah, this time of slow planet death, creeping fascism, several minor genocides with the backdrop of the final phase of capitalism is just dandy.' Nicole replied, moving across the room, apparently on the search for something.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:22 am

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Think the Detroit ones missed that memo. Ran into them more often than Mirroshades, we did.'

"The Union posed a much bigger problem for me. Had to keep a low profile or risk catching their attention." Serge said with a frown.

Nicole wrote:A slight pause, grabbed a bottle and passed it over to Serge on the way out of the apartment. Right colour, but unlabelled and in a Gatorate bottle for some reason.

Serge looked at the Gatorade for a moment before shrugging his shoulders and marching forward alongside Nicole back towards his apartment.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:53 am

Colin grinned wryly, "I'm none too worried. If he were an infiltrator, I'm sure future me would have warned me already."

"Only if future you knew about it. Or there was a future where he was one, instead of not one. or...you know what, nevermind this gives me a headache."

He grinned impishly, "I know, I know - and commendably, you're quick, precise and efficient without lingering anywhere, from what I've seen. The TSA could have a lot to learn from you."

His frown increased by a significant margin. "Why do I get the feeling you're making fun of me in front of my back."

He grinned, "Implying I'm not already..."

"Oh dear."

"I would gladly help Kyle with that project." Serge said with a smile.

"That was what I was afraid of...well, by the point he can make his own portals, he will be an Adept at least, himself."

He shook his head, "Between her immune and cardiac concerns, as well as the ample presence of pins and needles for brooches and the like, I do not wish to risk it. It is quite entertaining, especially if I manage to find a spot for my stall near one of the bawdier bards, or possibly with a good view of the jousting grounds... Hum, I can probably manage to swing a few discounted tickets, come to think of it."

"Ah true, perhaps another year, when she is feeling up to it."

He grimaced, "Don't remind me, I ran out of intact suits in tolerable condition this weekend. My tailor had an unusual series of epithets in stock for the condition my wardrobe was in. First time in years I had to buy clothes on credit..."

(Nicole)'I'll let you decide that.'

"Well, first I should ask if you'd want to go with me or if you just want tickets and you can decide who to take. Then, let me know what your work schedule might be like, when you land a job so we can workaround them both."

"Well, consider yourself fortunate then I suppose. I've never had anything quite so nice as your suits, before. Then again, I feel like I should stock up on cheap throw-away gear for next time."

He nodded, "Good. Don't for a moment believe I would not make good on that threat. To the extent of disregarding the Chief's opinions on the matter. That said, I don't think it would be wise to call him a mascot. Perhaps patron would be more appropriate? Totem spirit? Probably none of the above, really..."

"None of the above."

He smiled wryly, "We do things that might seem reckless from the outside, yet we make it work? We all try to stay alive, intact, and to protect one another..."
"Chess and puzzle pieces for strategy, tactics, and logic. 4-leaf clovers and dice for luck." Serge said. Upon realizing the unoriginality of that design and the difficulty of coming up with a better one Serge said, "Yeah, maybe that name isn't the best idea."

"Honestly, I don't really know how much we have in common. It seems like we're some kind of permutation, where as we go along there are things in common between us if not always directly. For example, I have worked with Colin enough to feel that I can work with him on the fly, that we can share some ideas in common. Some of what you've said, Serge, resonate with me, while others do not. But the paradigms that I do not understand the most are those of Etherites, or most technomancers. We've all just come out of a conflict with the Nephandi and I feel that this was just one battle in a war, and if we can at least agree that we need the Tellurian to live in, then we've got that in common."

He nodded, then looked up at Adley, "The heraldry should be simple enough for Torch and Compass - though, perhaps Compass Rose would work better than merely Compass. Or did you mean the drawing tool, like the Freemasons use?"

"Ah, good point it could be taken for that but I meant the navigation tool. I do like the rose idea as well. Hrm, well, a heraldry often has more devices than the name itself allows as well as a motto, so we can write down some of the images and perhaps integrate some of them," he suggested.

He nodded, "A good argument... Though the keystone is also the one that provides more support than it looks like, and I was not actually aware of the masonic reference to that... Might want to drop that one, then. I still like the Kludge part."
At the mention of the word Kludge, Serge pulled out his phone and began typing something on it. "...an ill-assorted collection of parts assembled to fulfill a purpose. Hey! Wait that's actually quite accurate..."

"Is it though?" he said to Serge, wryly. Then he turned to Colin, "If it were only the one part of the device, keystone might be fine but it's just something to consider." He leaned over to look at what Serge was reading, to see if there were more meanings or associations for the word. "Hrm, I am not sure I want to be associated with being inelegant. Inelegant Flambeau tend towards a lack of finesse. Perhaps though...something on the meaning of composite to make something greater...perhaps a more positive connotation? Or perhaps it could be irony...what is the root of this word, anyway...?" The latter was clearly talking to himself. He shifted uneasily in his seat again, and for a moment looked tired as his concentration wavered a moment.

// don't even get me started on the Laetrile, people > . < B-17 is not a B vitamin!
ooc2: @Nicole, roadtrip they can go hang at PPAC...now the Dunkin Donuts center - drive all the way through to N.Smithfield to the Beef Barn, lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:30 am

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"No, if I said I was going to buy, then I will do so. Pizza will not put me in a much worse debt than anything else."

Bruce nodded at that.

Back in the day, a group of Hermetics became rogue. Renamed the Craftmasons, they eventually helped to form the Order of Reason and also took part against the Order of Hermes at the battle of Mistridge covenant. They bombed the place with volleys of canonfire." He shrugged.

"Hum....the Cfratmasons where founding members of the Order of Reason then?"
Bruce asked.
"I have heard about them."

"I need to take your Tarot cards away so dependent you have become with your future visions."
Bruce grumbled.
"But no I do not think the kid is a infiltrator."

He nodded, "Definitively. She is a member, and after her retrial, she will still be a member, come Hell or high water."

"Yeah she is and she will indeed stay a member."
Bruce grumbled.

He nodded, "She'll have a bit of trouble for some time, I fear, especially if there are six Quaesitors in the room, but I'm fairly certain she'll be fine with friends and family."

"With friends she might be fine but Master Nassa said that when people gather around her, anyone not just Quesitors, especially six of them she panics."
Your Cabalmate said and frowned.

"The man have my sympathies after all I know the frustration of spending time to make something for someone only to have them ruin it, that get frustrating even if they have paid for it."
Bruce grumbled.

"I am not so sure that calling Wrinkle a patron or totem really make things any better. I would not want to meet the man, spirit...in any regard."
The Orphan commented.

Bruce grunted and nodded at that.

"Torch and Compass Rose or just Compass Rose?"

He chuckled softly, "Well, the heraldry for that is out of the question."

Bruce grinned at that.

Serge nodded, "Thank you. I just need people to test it..."

"Define testing it."
The Orphan said and raised an eyebrow.

"Ahh I see. Wrinkle is a cannibal." Serge joked.

"No but he is equally dangerous with just as much will to end you if he feels like it."
Bruce commented.

"Besides as Colin says luck and logic is used everywhere it would hardly be an original name."
Bruce commented.

"Oh sorry. I agree with you. I was just saying that that was something we all had in common." Serge said correcting himself.

"It is kid but it just get to generic."
The Orphan grunted.

"Yeah that is not to bad."
Bruce agreed.

"Honestly, I don't really know how much we have in common. It seems like we're some kind of permutation, where as we go along there are things in common between us if not always directly. For example, I have worked with Colin enough to feel that I can work with him on the fly, that we can share some ideas in common. Some of what you've said, Serge, resonate with me, while others do not. But the paradigms that I do not understand the most are those of Etherites, or most technomancers. We've all just come out of a conflict with the Nephandi and I feel that this was just one battle in a war, and if we can at least agree that we need the Tellurian to live in, then we've got that in common."

"Agreed some of us find it harder to work together I have to admit not not understanding your Paradigm, not even a little bit."
Bruce said and frowned.
"But we can still work together even if doing so magickally can be hard."

(OOC 1: Yeah there are some idiots that seam to have the idea that certain posions should be eaten, it is worse with the guy who now stand charged in Norway for treating caser patients with boiled cabbage for you know that will do it.)

(OOC 2: Sorry for the late reply guys, I have a cold and I fell asleep on the sofa early yesterday, I am better today though so perhaps I needed to go to bed early.)

(OOC 3: I will start working on Colin's other scenes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:43 am

"Define testing it."
The Orphan said and raised an eyebrow.

"Playing hide-and-seek in a completly empty room." Serge said with a grin.

Adley wrote:"Honestly, I don't really know how much we have in common. It seems like we're some kind of permutation, where as we go along there are things in common between us if not always directly. For example, I have worked with Colin enough to feel that I can work with him on the fly, that we can share some ideas in common. Some of what you've said, Serge, resonate with me, while others do not. But the paradigms that I do not understand the most are those of Etherites, or most technomancers. We've all just come out of a conflict with the Nephandi and I feel that this was just one battle in a war, and if we can at least agree that we need the Tellurian to live in, then we've got that in common."

"Save the world is something we've got in common. But it's still not specific to us. Most cabals want to do that in there on way. Whether it's taking down the Union or Eco-Terrorism." Serge said remembered Bruce's objections to his name.  

"We can expand on that further though. The way we save the world is different. Each of us go about it in different ways. Some save the whole world by taking out the people threatening it. Some save the injured people within it. Some help the people doing the saving and thus are, in their own way, saving it as well. We're quite varied in that regard." the Ecstatic said picking up his notepad and preparing to draw some mock coat of arms. "Perhaps Mr. Roth Hicks is right. Looking for something common among us might be a misstep. Perhaps a name that showcases the strength of our individuality combined?"

Adley wrote:"Ah, good point it could be taken for that but I meant the navigation tool. I do like the rose idea as well. Hrm, well, a heraldry often has more devices than the name itself allows as well as a motto, so we can write down some of the images and perhaps integrate some of them," he suggested.

"The name should be in Latin. A lot of coat of arms have those cool Latin sayings at the bottom." he said quickly drawing a simple compass rose and ripping it out of the notepad, placing it on the table in front of him.

"How about something like....'Ne Timeo nec Perfice?' " he said in, as Adley would surely realize, terrible Latin. "I think it means 'I neither fear nor despise'. I remember that from a project I had to do in elementary school. I think it's fitting considering the allies, friends and family you guys have. 3 widderslainte, a couple vampires, some were-buddies. It seems this is a cabal that judges on character rather than background and the preconceived notions attached to it. Not to mention you guys are pretty fearless."

Adley wrote:"Is it though?" he said to Serge, wryly. Then he turned to Colin, "If it were only the one part of the device, keystone might be fine but it's just something to consider." He leaned over to look at what Serge was reading, to see if there were more meanings or associations for the word. "Hrm, I am not sure I want to be associated with being inelegant. Inelegant Flambeau tend towards a lack of finesse. Perhaps though...something on the meaning of composite to make something greater...perhaps a more positive connotation? Or perhaps it could be irony...what is the root of this word, anyway...?" The latter was clearly talking to himself. He shifted uneasily in his seat again, and for a moment looked tired as his concentration wavered a moment.

"Just because something's inelegant doesn't mean it's bad. Everything has some amount of inelegance to it." Serge said taking a quick glance at his phoenix vs gun lion drawing. "A rough rock on the beach is inelegant. But over time it's edges get smoothed out and it becomes a thing of beauty."

"But enough weird philosophy talk from me. I get what your saying. Perhaps announcing that we're a jury-rigged cabal made out of a bunch of leftover mages isn't the best idea. Maybe something more along the lines of a...umm...'The Whole is greater than the sum of it's parts'. Don't know how to put that into one word though." the Ecstatic said with a puzzled look on his face.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:48 am

[Colin] (Steelhaven Monday evening)

"We are meeting Captain Welder now dad?"
Anna said as she reached out with one hand to take one of the bags to help carry them.
"I will behave...if I knew her in another life though I am not sure if I will recognize her."
She said as she headed u the stairs with you to drop the bags of.
"Should we bring some cookies or something as a gift if she is injured?"
Anna asked once you reached your own apartment.

You got another text message from Richard which said.
"Captain Wlder is in the bedroom it was best to just keep her there until she is strong enough to move to a guest room, I sleep on the sofa in the living room off course. I have tidied all medical equipment that might scare Anna away other than the Captain's IVs, she says it is acceptable to remove them and replace them after the meeting if that is necessary, so should I do so?"
Anna glanced at you as she put the bag she was carrying down and winced a little and grabbed at where she had been shot.
"Another text message?"

[Colin] (At his shop)

He nodded, "Just don't put it in the microwave or non-stick frying pan."

"What is a non stick frying pan Mr Wainwright, clearly a foolish question but for quite some time the only frying pan I have bought was when Onyx needed to have his meat cooked and then I just asked the lady in the store to pick one out for me which was not iron and she gave me this light thing."
Mr Ameli said sounding confused.
"Last time I cooked for myself was when my housekeeper Brigid had fallen ill, I remember trying to figure out the wood burning stove."

He nodded, "Stay safe, then, and I hope to see you tomorrow evening."

"You as well Mr Wainwright, I will be here tomorrow."
Mr Ameli said then he gave you a bow.
"Until then, have a nice evening."
He said before he and his raven left your shop.

(OOC: I am thinking that after Mr Ameli's lesson Colin should probably get Fay Lore of 1)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:04 am

"Playing hide-and-seek in a completly empty room." Serge said with a grin.

"Would not that be a bad way to test if your rote works as in a dark room you would not be seen anyway."
Bruce said and he raised an eyebrow.

"We can expand on that further though. The way we save the world is different. Each of us go about it in different ways. Some save the whole world by taking out the people threatening it. Some save the injured people within it. Some help the people doing the saving and thus are, in their own way, saving it as well. We're quite varied in that regard." the Ecstatic said picking up his notepad and preparing to draw some mock coat of arms. "Perhaps Mr. Roth Hicks is right. Looking for something common among us might be a misstep. Perhaps a name that showcases the strength of our individuality combined?"

"I think you are sort of heading down the wrong path kid, we are not some superhero team out to save the world, that it not our purpose, what we try to do is survive this bloody war in the best way we can and at times that include beating down those who would threathen the world but out goal and purpose in life is not to save the world."
Bruce grumbled.
"Most of us just want to live our lives."

"How about something like....'Ne Timeo nec Perfice?' " he said in, as Adley would surely realize, terrible Latin. "I think it means 'I neither fear nor despise'. I remember that from a project I had to do in elementary school. I think it's fitting considering the allies, friends and family you guys have. 3 widderslainte, a couple vampires, some were-buddies. It seems this is a cabal that judges on character rather than background and the preconceived notions attached to it. Not to mention you guys are pretty fearless."

"I do think it is only two widderslainte, Bee and Kyle and as for the vampires...well yes have have gotten into contact with a few of those, I guess you are right we like to judge on deeds and words and not what a person is, do not mistake what a widderslainte is though, they are quite terrifying usually, born as little monsters, it is just that in some very rare cases they are born with corrupted souls but not corrupted minds or they somehow manage to keep their darkness at bay."
Bruce said and nodded.
"I do not speak allot of Latin though but even I can hear that you need to clean that up."
He commented and frowned.

"Just because something's inelegant doesn't mean it's bad. Everything has some amount of inelegance to it." Serge said taking a quick glance at his phoenix vs gun lion drawing. "A rough rock on the beach is inelegant. But over time it's edges get smoothed out and it becomes a thing of beauty."

"What you are saying are true kid however House Flambeau have this stereotype where they are all dumb brutes with fireballs so I can see why Adley would want to avoid that, his Mentor could burn a fly of your skin and not leave a mark on you. It is a little like this, have you met Miss Blackwell yet? Well she is a sweet natured, kind woman however if she ever get angry someone will never fail to point out that she is an angry black woman, she might not want a Cabal name for her Cabal with the word anger and rage in it because it would play into that stereotype."
Bruce explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 am

"Hum....the Cfratmasons where founding members of the Order of Reason then?"
Bruce asked.

"Like I said, they were originally a sort of faction within the Order of Hermes, part of Ex Miscellanea, that broke away to become the Craftmasons. There was a growing divide; they preferred to work on the material realm instead of any spiritual work and also they wanted to share magick with Sleepers while the Order tends to be selective about whom they will give their secrets to and under what circumstances. They took a strike at Mistridge and after they won, leading up to the eventual formation of the Order of Reason..."

"Torch and Compass Rose or just Compass Rose?"

"Hrm..."

"Agreed some of us find it harder to work together I have to admit not not understanding your Paradigm, not even a little bit."
Bruce said and frowned.
"But we can still work together even if doing so magickally can be hard."

"You seemed to get what I was going for with my naming idea, though."

"Save the world is something we've got in common. But it's still not specific to us. Most cabals want to do that in there on way. Whether it's taking down the Union or Eco-Terrorism." Serge said remembered Bruce's objections to his name.  

He looked thoughtful as he absorbed what Serge was saying.

"I think you are sort of heading down the wrong path kid, we are not some superhero team out to save the world, that it not our purpose, what we try to do is survive this bloody war in the best way we can and at times that include beating down those who would threathen the world but out goal and purpose in life is not to save the world."
Bruce grumbled.

"Oh, I don't know. We just did save the world...but then again, I'm supposed to fight in wars, that's what I was trained to do as 'living my life' at least now that I've awakened. There's something more though that I personally would like to do. And that reminds me, totally indirectly, mind, to tell you all that I need to go to Chicago for a few days. I've been working on arranging it. There are some personal things I need to take care of there."

"The name should be in Latin. A lot of coat of arms have those cool Latin sayings at the bottom." he said quickly drawing a simple compass rose and ripping it out of the notepad, placing it on the table in front of him.

"I do think it is only two widderslainte, Bee and Kyle and as for the vampires...well yes have have gotten into contact with a few of those, I guess you are right we like to judge on deeds and words and not what a person is, do not mistake what a widderslainte is though, they are quite terrifying usually, born as little monsters, it is just that in some very rare cases they are born with corrupted souls but not corrupted minds or they somehow manage to keep their darkness at bay."
Bruce said and nodded.
"I do not speak allot of Latin though but even I can hear that you need to clean that up."

He gave Serge a tired smile. "If only you knew how often I was afraid...and there are things and people I despise. Despite those truths, I like about this, for I would like to outgrow or accept the fear and have encountered that which I once despised in new forms..." He reached for a paper to make a proper Latin motto of it for Serge. "My House's oldest motto is 'unto death we charge..., 'Ad mortem incurrite'..." He added all the other ideas that were given into the brainstorm onto the paper also. "If we use a rose motif, five petals..."

"I agree with that sentiment, but we should always strive to refine ourselves. We cannot expect the ocean and time to do all the work."

"But enough weird philosophy talk from me. I get what your saying. Perhaps announcing that we're a jury-rigged cabal made out of a bunch of leftover mages isn't the best idea. Maybe something more along the lines of a...umm...'The Whole is greater than the sum of it's parts'. Don't know how to put that into one word though." the Ecstatic said with a puzzled look on his face.

"That is the connotation that the word brought to mind to me at first..."

"What you are saying are true kid however House Flambeau have this stereotype where they are all dumb brutes with fireballs so I can see why Adley would want to avoid that, his Mentor could burn a fly of your skin and not leave a mark on you. It is a little like this, have you met Miss Blackwell yet? Well she is a sweet natured, kind woman however if she ever get angry someone will never fail to point out that she is an angry black woman, she might not want a Cabal name for her Cabal with the word anger and rage in it because it would play into that stereotype."

"We are expected to fling fireballs at everything. But that's foolish, much like seeing everything as a nail if you only have a hammer. Also, fireballs are a lot harder than they used to be to make," he added with a bit of a scowl. "I have all these ideas for spells to learn but I can't work on them," he said in a sudden segue, annoyed to be talking about a spell he could /theoretically/ do now, only he was injured and fire was unforgiving even when you were at your best measure. Thoughts kept percolating around and he offered them as he thought of them, tossing them out to be discussed, writing them down on the paper and then passing it back over to the others to look or add ideas. His writing was energetic and in cursive. "What about the imagery of a forge?" he asked, looking at Colin.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos...)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:42 am

"Like I said, they were originally a sort of faction within the Order of Hermes, part of Ex Miscellanea, that broke away to become the Craftmasons. There was a growing divide; they preferred to work on the material realm instead of any spiritual work and also they wanted to share magick with Sleepers while the Order tends to be selective about whom they will give their secrets to and under what circumstances. They took a strike at Mistridge and after they won, leading up to the eventual formation of the Order of Reason..."

"So they are the assholes that are to blame for this whole bloody war."
Bruce grumbled.
"Are they still around? Do you know Adley?"

"You seemed to get what I was going for with my naming idea, though."

"I might have read a little here and there about what you Mystics are about."
The Orphan said and he scratched his head.

"Oh, I don't know. We just did save the world...but then again, I'm supposed to fight in wars, that's what I was trained to do as 'living my life' at least now that I've awakened. There's something more though that I personally would like to do. And that reminds me, totally indirectly, mind, to tell you all that I need to go to Chicago for a few days. I've been working on arranging it. There are some personal things I need to take care of there."

"I am however hoping that saving the world with be a pretty rare thing, that it is not something we will need to do to often."
Bruce commented.

He gave Serge a tired smile. "If only you knew how often I was afraid...and there are things and people I despise. Despite those truths, I like about this, for I would like to outgrow or accept the fear and have encountered that which I once despised in new forms..." He reached for a paper to make a proper Latin motto of it for Serge. "My House's oldest motto is 'unto death we charge..., 'Ad mortem incurrite'..." He added all the other ideas that were given into the brainstorm onto the paper also. "If we use a rose motif, five petals..."

"Why five petals?"
Bruce asked then he nodded.
"So now we are not only looking to decide on a name but a motto as well?"
The Orphan asked.

"We are expected to fling fireballs at everything. But that's foolish, much like seeing everything as a nail if you only have a hammer. Also, fireballs are a lot harder than they used to be to make," he added with a bit of a scowl. "I have all these ideas for spells to learn but I can't work on them," he said in a sudden segue, annoyed to be talking about a spell he could /theoretically/ do now, only he was injured and fire was unforgiving even when you were at your best measure.

"I have seen Master Morgan toss a fireball or two."
Bruce said and grinned.
"But I suspect such sort of are Paradox magnets outside of this Chantry and the Umbra, but you have to admit that it is sort of the classic image of a wizard someone who toss fire from their fingertips."
Your Cabalmate commented.

Thoughts kept percolating around and he offered them as he thought of them, tossing them out to be discussed, writing them down on the paper and then passing it back over to the others to look or add ideas. His writing was energetic and in cursive. "What about the imagery of a forge?" he asked, looking at Colin.

That would work for me, I often use a forge to make my metal pieces that go into my devices, I have borrowed Colin's a few times and otherwise built one out at an old car burial lot."
Bruce said.
"It is a most useful thing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:05 am

"So they are the assholes that are to blame for this whole bloody war."
Bruce grumbled.
"Are they still around? Do you know Adley?"

"If it makes you feel any better, it was not as if they were the only group that had it out for the Order of Hermes, in all likelihood..." he said with a wry look. "Still around, no...not in that form at least. I am talking about the Renaissance after all."

"I am however hoping that saving the world with be a pretty rare thing, that it is not something we will need to do to often."
Bruce commented.

'I hope not..."

"Why five petals?"
The Orphan asked.

"By words and images...I think it might help us figure things out, we don't have to do...oh, five petals. Take a look at many of the roses you see in heraldry. Most have five petals. There are other reasons as well, if you study hermetic literature."

"I have seen Master Morgan toss a fireball or two."
Bruce said and grinned.
"But I suspect such sort of are Paradox magnets outside of this Chantry and the Umbra, but you have to admit that it is sort of the classic image of a wizard someone who toss fire from their fingertips."
Your Cabalmate commented.

He gave a grin. "Yes, that's true."

That would work for me, I often use a forge to make my metal pieces that go into my devices, I have borrowed Colin's a few times and otherwise built one out at an old car burial lot."
Bruce said.

"You made a forge out of a car?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:09 am

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Well, everyone does. But it's the dilemma. Hide too well, newbies can't find anyone and we can't made inroads to the wider world. Be too open, Union will rip us apart.' Nicole commented, locking the door to her place and starting to follow him back to his.

[Now that's an idea for a scene]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:16 am

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
S7trif3 wrote:"Only if future you knew about it. Or there was a future where he was one, instead of not one. or...you know what, nevermind this gives me a headache."
Colin grimaced, "Well, yes..."

Anja wrote:"I need to take your Tarot cards away so dependent you have become with your future visions."
Bruce grumbled.
"But no I do not think the kid is a infiltrator."
He grinned, "You're welcome to try... but I don't use those. It's... a bit complicated, really, but I don't expect I'll have many of those outside of literally world-threatening imminent crises."

S7trif3 wrote:His frown increased by a significant margin. "Why do I get the feeling you're making fun of me in front of my back."
He shrugged, grin slowly receding, "Perhaps the actual quip just lingers. Still, I meant what I said about you being able to teach the TSA - unlike you, they do shoddy work."

Jeremy wrote:Serge gave a look as if he didn't fully accept that answer but nodded and remained silent, believing he had already crossed a line.
He smiled thinly, "Not to worry, though - I doubt such dismissals will be likely to come up during our work, in any case."

Jeremy wrote:"That or have lightning spark out of my body. Or cause a strange motion blur on myself to make it harder to see where I am. Or give myself sudden inexplicable knowledge of forensic science." Serge said with a smile.
He nodded, "Just make sure you channel the right Flash. There've been a few, I believe, not all particularly well educated. Hum, perhaps the Green Lantern could be as viable an inspiration?"

Anja wrote:"With friends she might be fine but Master Nassa said that when people gather around her, anyone not just Quesitors, especially six of them she panics."
Your Cabalmate said and frowned.
He nodded, "Well, she will recover, I'm positive."

Anja wrote:"The man have my sympathies after all I know the frustration of spending time to make something for someone only to have them ruin it, that get frustrating even if they have paid for it."
Bruce grumbled.
He nodded sagely, "Nothing like spending days on a fine piece of jewelry, only for someone to bend it by accident..."

Nicole wrote:'Okay. Let me know if anything else is on the "need to know list". And thanks.'
Nicole wrote:Nicole pulled out her rubber-coated cell from a pocket and brought up her own.
He nodded and checked his phone, "Will do... Hum, did I get your number yet? No? Ah, best add it, then..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Ah true, perhaps another year, when she is feeling up to it."
He nodded, "Perhaps."
He pondered, "I just realized, Lady Crexia might love being brought along as part of her apprenticeship next year..."

Jeremy wrote:"Ahh I see. Wrinkle is a cannibal." Serge joked.
He frowned, "That would probably make him easier to deal with, actually... Let's not go there, it is a silly place."

Jeremy wrote:"Chess and puzzle pieces for strategy, tactics, and logic. 4-leaf clovers and dice for luck." Serge said. Upon realizing the unoriginality of that design and the difficulty of coming up with a better one Serge said, "Yeah, maybe that name isn't the best idea."
He nodded, "A bit generic, yes. Though the clover might be a nice touch, all the same."

S7trif3 wrote:"Honestly, I don't really know how much we have in common. It seems like we're some kind of permutation, where as we go along there are things in common between us if not always directly. For example, I have worked with Colin enough to feel that I can work with him on the fly, that we can share some ideas in common. Some of what you've said, Serge, resonate with me, while others do not. But the paradigms that I do not understand the most are those of Etherites, or most technomancers. We've all just come out of a conflict with the Nephandi and I feel that this was just one battle in a war, and if we can at least agree that we need the Tellurian to live in, then we've got that in common."
He nodded, "We've also got an almost ridiculous winning streak going for us..."

Jeremy wrote:"Save the world is something we've got in common. But it's still not specific to us. Most cabals want to do that in there on way. Whether it's taking down the Union or Eco-Terrorism." Serge said remembered Bruce's objections to his name.

He pondered, "E Pluribus Unum, hmm?"

Jeremy wrote:"The name should be in Latin. A lot of coat of arms have those cool Latin sayings at the bottom." he said quickly drawing a simple compass rose and ripping it out of the notepad, placing it on the table in front of him.

He frowned, "Hardly accurate, I think - I can't speak for everyone, but I can't believe I'm the only one who has spent more of the past week with my heart in my throat than at peace..."

Anja wrote:"I do think it is only two widderslainte, Bee and Kyle and as for the vampires...well yes have have gotten into contact with a few of those, I guess you are right we like to judge on deeds and words and not what a person is, do not mistake what a widderslainte is though, they are quite terrifying usually, born as little monsters, it is just that in some very rare cases they are born with corrupted souls but not corrupted minds or they somehow manage to keep their darkness at bay."
Bruce said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:He gave Serge a tired smile. "If only you knew how often I was afraid...and there are things and people I despise. Despite those truths, I like about this, for I would like to outgrow or accept the fear and have encountered that which I once despised in new forms..." He reached for a paper to make a proper Latin motto of it for Serge. "My House's oldest motto is 'unto death we charge..., 'Ad mortem incurrite'..." He added all the other ideas that were given into the brainstorm onto the paper also. "If we use a rose motif, five petals..."
He smiled thinly, "Three widderslaintes, actually, though you weren't there when we found Molly Aydogan. And why five petals? Roses tend to have dozens..."

Anja wrote:"Torch and Compass Rose or just Compass Rose?"
He looked up, "The former. Though the Compass Rose Cabal does have a rather pleasant ring to it, I suppose."

S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, good point it could be taken for that but I meant the navigation tool. I do like the rose idea as well. Hrm, well, a heraldry often has more devices than the name itself allows as well as a motto, so we can write down some of the images and perhaps integrate some of them," he suggested.
He nodded thoughtfully, making a few notes.

Anja wrote:"Hum....the Cfratmasons where founding members of the Order of Reason then?"
Bruce asked.
S7trif3 wrote:"Like I said, they were originally a sort of faction within the Order of Hermes, part of Ex Miscellanea, that broke away to become the Craftmasons. There was a growing divide; they preferred to work on the material realm instead of any spiritual work and also they wanted to share magick with Sleepers while the Order tends to be selective about whom they will give their secrets to and under what circumstances. They took a strike at Mistridge and after they won, leading up to the eventual formation of the Order of Reason..."
He grimaced, "Yes, those would be the precursor of the Technocracy we all know and love..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Oh, I don't know. We just did save the world...but then again, I'm supposed to fight in wars, that's what I was trained to do as 'living my life' at least now that I've awakened. There's something more though that I personally would like to do. And that reminds me, totally indirectly, mind, to tell you all that I need to go to Chicago for a few days. I've been working on arranging it. There are some personal things I need to take care of there."
He nodded, "Do say hello to the gang there, would you?"

Anja wrote:"I am however hoping that saving the world with be a pretty rare thing, that it is not something we will need to do to often."
Bruce commented.
He grunted, "So ridiculously seconded."

Jeremy wrote:At the mention of the word Kludge, Serge pulled out his phone and began typing something on it. "...an ill-assorted collection of parts assembled to fulfill a purpose. Hey! Wait that's actually quite accurate..."
Anja wrote:"Yeah that is not to bad."
Bruce agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"Is it though?" he said to Serge, wryly. Then he turned to Colin, "If it were only the one part of the device, keystone might be fine but it's just something to consider." He leaned over to look at what Serge was reading, to see if there were more meanings or associations for the word. "Hrm, I am not sure I want to be associated with being inelegant. Inelegant Flambeau tend towards a lack of finesse. Perhaps though...something on the meaning of composite to make something greater...perhaps a more positive connotation? Or perhaps it could be irony...what is the root of this word, anyway...?" The latter was clearly talking to himself. He shifted uneasily in his seat again, and for a moment looked tired as his concentration wavered a moment.
He smiled wryly, "MacGyvering solutions. It might not look pretty all the time, but it'll hold long enough to get the immediate problem out of the way. I'm not sure how accurate 'inelegant' is, though - it's more a matter of making do with the equipment at hand."

Jeremy wrote:"Just because something's inelegant doesn't mean it's bad. Everything has some amount of inelegance to it." Serge said taking a quick glance at his phoenix vs gun lion drawing. "A rough rock on the beach is inelegant. But over time it's edges get smoothed out and it becomes a thing of beauty."

Anja wrote:"What you are saying are true kid however House Flambeau have this stereotype where they are all dumb brutes with fireballs so I can see why Adley would want to avoid that, his Mentor could burn a fly of your skin and not leave a mark on you. It is a little like this, have you met Miss Blackwell yet? Well she is a sweet natured, kind woman however if she ever get angry someone will never fail to point out that she is an angry black woman, she might not want a Cabal name for her Cabal with the word anger and rage in it because it would play into that stereotype."
Bruce explained.
He pondered, "The word 'Gestalt' comes to mind... Don't offhand recall a Latin equivalent for that, though..."

Anja wrote:"Why five petals?"
The Orphan asked.
He smiled thinly, "We'll want the whole Cabal to chip in on a motto, I think - but we can make up a short list of suggestions for them to review before we call another meeting."

S7trif3 wrote:"By words and images...I think it might help us figure things out, we don't have to do...oh, five petals. Take a look at many of the roses you see in heraldry. Most have five petals. There are other reasons as well, if you study hermetic literature."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Worth considering, though I suspect not many around this table have studied Hermetic literature..."

S7trif3 wrote:"We are expected to fling fireballs at everything. But that's foolish, much like seeing everything as a nail if you only have a hammer. Also, fireballs are a lot harder than they used to be to make," he added with a bit of a scowl. "I have all these ideas for spells to learn but I can't work on them," he said in a sudden segue, annoyed to be talking about a spell he could /theoretically/ do now, only he was injured and fire was unforgiving even when you were at your best measure. Thoughts kept percolating around and he offered them as he thought of them, tossing them out to be discussed, writing them down on the paper and then passing it back over to the others to look or add ideas. His writing was energetic and in cursive. "What about the imagery of a forge?" he asked, looking at Colin.
He frowned, "Hmm, forge... perhaps a crucible and anvil?"

Anja wrote:That would work for me, I often use a forge to make my metal pieces that go into my devices, I have borrowed Colin's a few times and otherwise built one out at an old car burial lot."
Bruce said.
He grimaced, "Yes, and while I don't begrudge you the use of my workshop, please don't try to melt steel in the furnace again. It starts acting funny if pressed too far above a thousand degrees Celsius."

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
Nicole wrote:'Why would you need a piece which could fire shells?' the large woman said, giving a frown.
He shrugged, "Variety comes to mind - shells have slightly more stopping power, and creating a, hum, variety pack shell is easier than with bullets; should one run into something hostile and not quite human, one might not have the time to load specific rounds, but a shell with iron pellets for Fae, silver for Shifters, hardwood for vampires, and perhaps a couple of others that I'm not yet aware of could provide improved efficacy against, hm, cryptids. For when you don't have Primium rounds available."

Nicole wrote:'...yeah, this time of slow planet death, creeping fascism, several minor genocides with the backdrop of the final phase of capitalism is just dandy.' Nicole replied, moving across the room, apparently on the search for something.
He grimaced, "Yes, that would be the part I don't envy you for growing up with... though at least a lot of that can be addressed by the masses, unlike the looming scare of nuclear obliteration. We can do little things like sorting our trash consistently to help slow down the environmental decay, we can vote against the fascists, and so on."

[Colin's shop, Monday, September 28th, 8 PM]
Anja wrote:"What is a non stick frying pan Mr Wainwright, clearly a foolish question but for quite some time the only frying pan I have bought was when Onyx needed to have his meat cooked and then I just asked the lady in the store to pick one out for me which was not iron and she gave me this light thing."
Mr Ameli said sounding confused.
"Last time I cooked for myself was when my housekeeper Brigid had fallen ill, I remember trying to figure out the wood burning stove."
He nodded, "That's probably it, yes. Unless the pan is copper, of course, which is a tad rarer these days. A non-stick frying pan is covered with a special material which bonds with metal, but foodstuffs will not get stuck to the surface."

[Steelhaven Hall, Monday September 28th]
Anja wrote:"We are meeting Captain Welder now dad?"
Anna said as she reached out with one hand to take one of the bags to help carry them.
"I will behave...if I knew her in another life though I am not sure if I will recognize her."
She said as she headed u the stairs with you to drop the bags of.
"Should we bring some cookies or something as a gift if she is injured?"
Anna asked once you reached your own apartment.

You got another text message from Richard which said.
"Captain Wlder is in the bedroom it was best to just keep her there until she is strong enough to move to a guest room, I sleep on the sofa in the living room off course. I have tidied all medical equipment that might scare Anna away other than the Captain's IVs, she says it is acceptable to remove them and replace them after the meeting if that is necessary, so should I do so?"
Anna glanced at you as she put the bag she was carrying down and winced a little and grabbed at where she had been shot.
"Another text message?"
He nodded to Anna as he set down the bags, "Good idea - I hid a pack of Jaffa cakes in the cabinet under the tea rack. Would you be so sweet as to fetch it?"
He quickly tapped out a reply to Richard, "Removing the IV would probably be best for bringing Anna along. Thank you, and I'm sorry about that inconvenience."

He pocketed the phone again and gave Anna a warm look, "Had a quick breather and readied yourself, Sweetie? Shall we?"

((OOC: Fey Lore 1 sounds quite right. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:45 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'I use flares for vamps. Nothing says "hello" than a big ball of burning magnesium.' Nicole replied, giving a little grin. 'Could load silver shot, but never had the need, me.'

Colin's Post:

'It least nuclear war was shit which the "elite" could not run from. This made it in their interest to stop. The shit now... they think they'll survive it. Perhaps even become more powerful.' Nicole retorted.

'Doing stuff like sorting trash is like putting a band-aid on a broken leg. Makes you be all docile and feel-good. What needs to be done is hit it at the source.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:51 am

"If it makes you feel any better, it was not as if they were the only group that had it out for the Order of Hermes, in all likelihood..." he said with a wry look. "Still around, no...not in that form at least. I am talking about the Renaissance after all."

"Yeah but the Verbena for example did not feel like the way to stick it to the Order of Hermes was to make a group intent on destroying all magick and hunt down and kill all mages in the process."
Bruce grumbled.

"By words and images...I think it might help us figure things out, we don't have to do...oh, five petals. Take a look at many of the roses you see in heraldry. Most have five petals. There are other reasons as well, if you study hermetic literature."

"I have not read allot of Hermetic literature no...hum I guess you are right about heraldtry though but would it not be better to have as many petals as there are members in the Cabal?"
Bruce asked then he sigh.
"Well no matter really five do work for me."

He gave a grin. "Yes, that's true."

Your Cabalmate grinned at that.
"So I am a little disappointed that the wizards around her toss to few fireballs."
He joked.

"You made a forge out of a car?"

"No I made it out of bricks and cement, but I placed it at the car cemetery since hardly anyone go there so I can usually work in peace."

He grinned, "You're welcome to try... but I don't use those. It's... a bit complicated, really, but I don't expect I'll have many of those outside of literally world-threatening imminent crises."

Bruce gave you a bit of a scowl but he did not say anything.

"I hope you are right Colin."
The other Orphan said and he looked concerned.

He nodded sagely, "Nothing like spending days on a fine piece of jewelry, only for someone to bend it by accident..."

"Or make someone custom armor, spend the time to mix up chemicals that will give the material a bit of something extra...and then they put the thing in the dishwasher."
Bruce said and grunted.

He nodded, "A bit generic, yes. Though the clover might be a nice touch, all the same."

"A clover is okey."
Bruce said and grunted.

He smiled thinly, "Three widderslaintes, actually, though you weren't there when we found Molly Aydogan. And why five petals? Roses tend to have dozens..."

"Ah another one?"
Bruce said and frowned.
"Is it just me or are there allot of these widderslaintes popping up?"
He asked then he shrugged.
"Well we can always make a stylized rose."

He looked up, "The former. Though the Compass Rose Cabal does have a rather pleasant ring to it, I suppose."

"Phonetically it do work."
Bruce agreed.

He grimaced, "Yes, those would be the precursor of the Technocracy we all know and love..."

"Assholes."
The large Orphan grumbled.

He smiled wryly, "MacGyvering solutions. It might not look pretty all the time, but it'll hold long enough to get the immediate problem out of the way. I'm not sure how accurate 'inelegant' is, though - it's more a matter of making do with the equipment at hand."

"Well now that is a good attitude, do what you can with the tools you have."
Bruce agreed with a grin.

He smiled thinly, "We'll want the whole Cabal to chip in on a motto, I think - but we can make up a short list of suggestions for them to review before we call another meeting."

Bruce nodded at that.

"I have that as well but I have built an actual forge I do allot of work with the...properties of metals and needed one."
Bruce said.

He grimaced, "Yes, and while I don't begrudge you the use of my workshop, please don't try to melt steel in the furnace again. It starts acting funny if pressed too far above a thousand degrees Celsius."

"I will try to avoid it, which should be easier now that I have my set up at the car cemetery."
Bruce said and grinned.

(Colin's shop)

He nodded, "That's probably it, yes. Unless the pan is copper, of course, which is a tad rarer these days. A non-stick frying pan is covered with a special material which bonds with metal, but foodstuffs will not get stuck to the surface."

"Well it do seam to be rather non stick now that I think about it...and it is not copper. I do nto see why I would put metal sheets in the frying pan though."

(Steelhaven Monday evening)

He nodded to Anna as he set down the bags, "Good idea - I hid a pack of Jaffa cakes in the cabinet under the tea rack. Would you be so sweet as to fetch it?"

"I will get them."
Anna said as she went to the cabinet in question and rummaged around until she found the jaffa cakes and brought them over.
"These right?"

He quickly tapped out a reply to Richard, "Removing the IV would probably be best for bringing Anna along. Thank you, and I'm sorry about that inconvenience."

You got a reply back.
"I will do so, it is Captain Welder you should thank though not me, she have perfect veins so replacing the IVs are a quick job, it is she who will get the discomfort. Anyway everything should be safe for Anna here, did you by the way get the note I left on Freddy's kitchen table last night with the prescriptions for medicine for Anna?"
And you had, you had found a small note saying that Anna should not exhaust herself but mild excercise would be beneficial, he also wanted you to buy a machine to keep an eye on her blood pressure daily, make sure she got plently of rest and healthy food, that her wound was washed and cleaned twice a day and otherwise he wanted her to take pills against water retention and had prescibed some.

He pocketed the phone again and gave Anna a warm look, "Had a quick breather and readied yourself, Sweetie? Shall we?"

"Yeah I am ready."
Anna said after she had gotten the cookies.
"Lead the way dad."
She said and smiled.

(OOC: Then Colin get one dot of fay lore for free.)
(OOC 2: What scene idea would that be Nicole?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Just make sure you channel the right Flash. There've been a few, I believe, not all particularly well educated. Hum, perhaps the Green Lantern could be as viable an inspiration?"

"I was thinking the CW Flash TV show. I've had some people say I look like Grant Gustin." Serge said leaning back in his chair. "Green Lantern kinda annoys me. He has my power but better. Making his imagination appear in real life. And his constructs are solid." the Ecstatic grumbled.

"Would not that be a bad way to test if your rote works as in a dark room you would not be seen anyway."

"Not a dark room an empty room. Like this room but with no furniture. Still lit just empty." Serge explained further.

Bruce grumbled.

"Just spitballin ideas." he said with a shrug. "Besides, everyone wants to survive the ascension war, so it's not really our specific purpose."

Bruce said and nodded.
Adley wrote:He gave Serge a tired smile. "If only you knew how often I was afraid...and there are things and people I despise. Despite those truths, I like about this, for I would like to outgrow or accept the fear and have encountered that which I once despised in new forms..." He reached for a paper to make a proper Latin motto of it for Serge. "My House's oldest motto is 'unto death we charge..., 'Ad mortem incurrite'..." He added all the other ideas that were given into the brainstorm onto the paper also. "If we use a rose motif, five petals..."
"Why five petals?"
The Orphan asked.
Adley wrote:"By words and images...I think it might help us figure things out, we don't have to do...oh, five petals. Take a look at many of the roses you see in heraldry. Most have five petals. There are other reasons as well, if you study hermetic literature."

"OK that moto's pretty good. Shame it's taken by your house already." Serge said with a slight frown, clearly not wanting to come up with something on there own.

"I think the rose motif should have 8 petels. To represent each member of the cabal. Each petal could be something that symbolizes the member itself and have them all come together to create a rose." he suggested.

[Serge's Apartment]

Nicole wrote:'Well, everyone does. But it's the dilemma. Hide too well, newbies can't find anyone and we can't made inroads to the wider world. Be too open, Union will rip us apart.' Nicole commented, locking the door to her place and starting to follow him back to his.

"Yeah, if I stared everyone in the face searching for sparkly magick powers, it would certainly raise eyebrows." Serge said with a chuckle as he walked towards his apartment. "I was quite lucky in that regard. My road here was with me years before I awakened."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:00 pm

"Not a dark room an empty room. Like this room but with no furniture. Still lit just empty." Serge explained further.

"I see and how would this exercise of yours work?"

"Just spitballin ideas." he said with a shrug. "Besides, everyone wants to survive the ascension war, so it's not really our specific purpose."

Bruce just grunted at that.

"I think the rose motif should have 8 petels. To represent each member of the cabal. Each petal could be something that symbolizes the member itself and have them all come together to create a rose." he suggested.

"I like that idea allot, that would fit us."
The Orphan said and he nodded approvingly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:13 pm

He shrugged, grin slowly receding, "Perhaps the actual quip just lingers. Still, I meant what I said about you being able to teach the TSA - unlike you, they do shoddy work."

"It's good to know that I have skills in other fields, just in case I can't keep swinging my other day job. Kyle suggested I do lessons on the computer for people..."

"She is doing better already, thankfully."

He nodded and checked his phone, "Will do... Hum, did I get your number yet? No? Ah, best add it, then..."

He offered out his number for anyone who didn't have it yet, which was probably just Nicole and Serge and nearly visibly relaxed when the Etherite decided to leave.

He nodded, "Perhaps." He pondered, "I just realized, Lady Crexia might love being brought along as part of her apprenticeship next year..."

"Yeah but the Verbena for example did not feel like the way to stick it to the Order of Hermes was to make a group intent on destroying all magick and hunt down and kill all mages in the process."
Bruce grumbled.

"Oh, no the Verbena and the Order have their very own difficult history, believe us."

"/Her/ apprenticeship? You do mean, Anna, correct?"

"OK that moto's pretty good. Shame it's taken by your house already." Serge said with a slight frown, clearly not wanting to come up with something on there own.

He spread his fingers in a signal of apology. "I am just using it as an idea."

"I have not read allot of Hermetic literature no...hum I guess you are right about heraldtry though but would it not be better to have as many petals as there are members in the Cabal?"
Bruce asked then he sigh.
"Well no matter really five do work for me."

"Very well, I will explain somewhat about the rose with five petals. Besides what you see in the Tudor house motifs, it was common to use five petal roses. But there is also something else about the number five...there are four elements and beasts, and the fifth...?" he hinted. "What if we have one florette for each of us, arranged in an arch? That would get to Colin's first idea, but it would be of plants, not stone, and something else could be the keystone idea...or going back to the compass idea, the florette could be in the middle, with eight spokes. Colin you remember the teleport chamber at Chicago? Those were six though, for the directions of space..." he mulled.

"Well now that is a good attitude, do what you can with the tools you have."
Bruce agreed with a grin.

"Now I'm insulted," he said, but he was obviously joking this time. "I am hardly just pretty equipment, nor am I a tool..."

Your Cabalmate grinned at that.
"So I am a little disappointed that the wizards around her toss to few fireballs."
He joked.

"When we get a chance to work in realms, you might see them more often..."

He pondered, "The word 'Gestalt' comes to mind... Don't offhand recall a Latin equivalent for that, though..."

He scratched at his chin where stubble was trying to gain foothold into a full beard again. "I don't think there is one, though Greek offers 'holos.' On the other hand, we're not looking to lose our uniqueness into the whole, at least not the same way the Union wants it. Their name union is of course from Unity, and their aim to eradicate any other kind of magick but what they want is one terrible way to ensure gestalt. But in a more holistic view...that our complexities of each unique person is what helps the whole to arise...that we're not easily reduced to that sum of our parts...or perfectly predicted due to our natures make us complementary, even help us grow and adapt...oh hell, I see what the Tytalus is talking about now, still though not everything has to be a fight. In language philosophy, semantic holism is a theory that says the meaning of a word cannot be divorced from the river of language without losing some of its innate meaning. Or, the meaning changes for having been so cut off from it, because language requires the receiver to have previous knowledge to comprehend it. You have to stand in the river...but the river is never the same twice. We're all like terms in the sentence of our cabal, and we're trying to move the bits around so they make sense to us," he said, his mood notably improving as he warmed up to subjects he enjoyed. He took the paper with the words they'd offered and carefully folded and ripped them into separate pieces so they could switch them around to see what worked.

"I think it would be a good idea to pool a list of motto and names and then we can see what Richard and Bee think," he agreed.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Worth considering, though I suspect not many around this table have studied Hermetic literature..."

"Very well, then what is a well-known term amongst magii now? What else has the word 'quint' in it and is quite desirable?"

"No I made it out of bricks and cement, but I placed it at the car cemetery since hardly anyone go there so I can usually work in peace."
"I have that as well but I have built an actual forge I do allot of work with the...properties of metals and needed one."
Bruce said.

"Crucible...you put in the raw materials, and out comes a refined vessel...metals are also a motif we could use, silver and gold are quite important symbols...or for the colors. " He looked far away a moment, remembering something. Then he nodded to Bruce. "A scrapheap."

// sounds good, Nicole and Adley will hit the P-Bruins - let me know when you're ready for that scene and if you want to go on and do the start post. Just tag Adley

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:11 pm

"It's good to know that I have skills in other fields, just in case I can't keep swinging my other day job. Kyle suggested I do lessons on the computer for people..."

"Youtube lessons in fireballs the Technocracy are sure to love that."

"She is doing better already, thankfully."

The large Orphan smiled a little at that.

"Oh, no the Verbena and the Order have their very own difficult history, believe us."

"Yeah but they did not decide to fuck the rest of us over just to get you guys."
Bruce grunted.

"Very well, I will explain somewhat about the rose with five petals. Besides what you see in the Tudor house motifs, it was common to use five petal roses. But there is also something else about the number five...there are four elements and beasts, and the fifth...?" he hinted. "What if we have one florette for each of us, arranged in an arch? That would get to Colin's first idea, but it would be of plants, not stone, and something else could be the keystone idea...or going back to the compass idea, the florette could be in the middle, with eight spokes. Colin you remember the teleport chamber at Chicago? Those were six though, for the directions of space..." he mulled.

"Five earthly beasts then and spirit?"
"Hum you are thinking about having this five petal rose in the center and eight spokes coming out of it, one spoke for each of us? That works, a bit more complicated than a eight petal rose but it works."
He grunted in agreement.

"Now I'm insulted," he said, but he was obviously joking this time. "I am hardly just pretty equipment, nor am I a tool..."

Bruce grinned a little at that.

"When we get a chance to work in realms, you might see them more often..."

"You are probably right about that Adley, these realms might be a bit to mystical for my taste though they will have little use for a artificer."
The large Orphan replied.

"I think it would be a good idea to pool a list of motto and names and then we can see what Richard and Bee think," he agreed.

"An Jon...but yes our Cabalmates need to get a word in on this as well."
Bruce agreed.

"Very well, then what is a well-known term amongst magii now? What else has the word 'quint' in it and is quite desirable?"

Bruce's eyes widened a bit as he finally got it.
"Oh shit that is the point of five...quintessence the first essence...I should have seen that earlier yeah your suggestion makes more sense now Adley."
He said and scratched his head.

"Crucible...you put in the raw materials, and out comes a refined vessel...metals are also a motif we could use, silver and gold are quite important symbols...or for the colors. " He looked far away a moment, remembering something. Then he nodded to Bruce. "A scrapheap."

"Yeah a scrapheap, no one but the homeless use it, I thought I would take Nicole out there she might find something of use in one of the scrapped cars."
The Orphan said.
"I like the idea of bringing metal into our symbolic name though, that can represent several of us."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:28 pm

"I see and how would this exercise of yours work?"

"Simple. Everyone would try to find me." Serge said vaguely. "If I told you any more the rote might not work."

Adley wrote:He offered out his number for anyone who didn't have it yet, which was probably just Nicole and Serge and nearly visibly relaxed when the Etherite decided to leave.

Serge added Adley to his list of contacts and before Nicole left he did the same with his own number, offering it to the present cabal members. "Feel free to pass my number along to the other member's of the cabal. When you see them."

Adley wrote:"Very well, I will explain somewhat about the rose with five petals. Besides what you see in the Tudor house motifs, it was common to use five petal roses. But there is also something else about the number five...there are four elements and beasts, and the fifth...?" he hinted. "What if we have one florette for each of us, arranged in an arch? That would get to Colin's first idea, but it would be of plants, not stone, and something else could be the keystone idea...or going back to the compass idea, the florette could be in the middle, with eight spokes. Colin you remember the teleport chamber at Chicago? Those were six though, for the directions of space..." he mulled.

"Perhaps each of the florettes could be made out of a different materials? Or different types of flowers? To further represent each of us. Although that might be heading into messy design." Serge pondered.

"I like the compass thing. It is a stroke of luck that we have 8 members and their are typically 8 directions on a compass rose. Perhaps rather than being in the middle each of the florettes could be at the end of one of the spokes, with the motto in the middle of the compass?"

As he said that something in the back of his mind troubled Serge. Eventually he said, "Wait am I getting that right? That seems like too much of a coincidence. Are there actually 8 members in the cabal? Mr. Wainwright, Mr. Roth Hicks, me, Nicole....." he began counting on his fingers "Bruce, Beatrice, Jon, Dr. Lee....am I missing anyone...oh right Tane! Wait that's nine....dammit..."

Adley wrote:"Very well, then what is a well-known term amongst magii now? What else has the word 'quint' in it and is quite desirable?"
"Oh shit that is the point of five...quintessence the first essence...I should have seen that earlier yeah your suggestion makes more sense now Adley."

"Wait...what. Shit, I should've seen that too." Serge said in annoyed voice, clearly agitated for not seeing such a simple connection.

Adley wrote:"Crucible...you put in the raw materials, and out comes a refined vessel...metals are also a motif we could use, silver and gold are quite important symbols...or for the colors. " He looked far away a moment, remembering something. Then he nodded to Bruce. "A scrapheap."
"Yeah a scrapheap, no one but the homeless use it, I thought I would take Nicole out there she might find something of use in one of the scrapped cars."
The Orphan said.
"I like the idea of bringing metal into our symbolic name though, that can represent several of us."

"The flowers could be different colors or even metals. If we're going with the florette idea." he suggested. "Gemstones are also a cool motif to use. Stuff like rubies, emeralds, topaz. They've got their own symbolism to them and they each have a distinctive color and have a sort of elegance to them."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:39 pm

"Simple. Everyone would try to find me." Serge said vaguely. "If I told you any more the rote might not work."

"Seams harmless enough I am sure I can help you out with that Mr Yager."
Bruce said and nodded.

Serge added Adley to his list of contacts and before Nicole left he did the same with his own number, offering it to the present cabal members. "Feel free to pass my number along to the other member's of the cabal. When you see them."

"Will do."
Bruce said as he added Serge's number to his contacts list.

"Perhaps each of the florettes could be made out of a different materials? Or different types of flowers? To further represent each of us. Although that might be heading into messy design." Serge pondered.

"Yeah that is my concern as well that with several rosettes the design will just be to complicated and messy."
Bruce commented.

"I like the compass thing. It is a stroke of luck that we have 8 members and their are typically 8 directions on a compass rose. Perhaps rather than being in the middle each of the florettes could be at the end of one of the spokes, with the motto in the middle of the compass?"

"That is not a bad idea at all and it would be neater."

As he said that something in the back of his mind troubled Serge. Eventually he said, "Wait am I getting that right? That seems like too much of a coincidence. Are there actually 8 members in the cabal? Mr. Wainwright, Mr. Roth Hicks, me, Nicole....." he began counting on his fingers "Bruce, Beatrice, Jon, Dr. Lee....am I missing anyone...oh right Tane! Wait that's nine....dammit..."

"Hum there is nine of us now...well we could have one person be represented by the venter of the compass that we we get nine points."
Bruce suggested.

"The flowers could be different colors or even metals. If we're going with the florette idea." he suggested. "Gemstones are also a cool motif to use. Stuff like rubies, emeralds, topaz. They've got their own symbolism to them and they each have a distinctive color and have a sort of elegance to them."

"We could get allot of symbolism that way then again the best designs are usually simple rather than overly complicated, makes it easier to remember them that way."
Bruce commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:24 am

"Thank you."

"Youtube lessons in fireballs the Technocracy are sure to love that." Bruce said and he raised an eyebrow.

He laughed at that and then winced suddenly. "No, I meant languages, Greek. Latin."

"Five earthly beasts then and spirit?"
"Hum you are thinking about having this five petal rose in the center and eight spokes coming out of it, one spoke for each of us? That works, a bit more complicated than a eight petal rose but it works."

"I like the compass thing. It is a stroke of luck that we have 8 members and their are typically 8 directions on a compass rose. Perhaps rather than being in the middle each of the florettes could be at the end of one of the spokes, with the motto in the middle of the compass?" As he said that something in the back of his mind troubled Serge. Eventually he said, "Wait am I getting that right? That seems like too much of a coincidence. Are there actually 8 members in the cabal? Mr. Wainwright, Mr. Roth Hicks, me, Nicole....." he began counting on his fingers "Bruce, Beatrice, Jon, Dr. Lee....am I missing anyone...oh right Tane! Wait that's nine....dammit..."
"Hum there is nine of us now...well we could have one person be represented by the venter of the compass that we we get nine points."
Bruce suggested.

"Perhapsm" he said, adding some of Serge's suggestions to the paper. Then he looked over at Colin. "Hm..."

"You are probably right about that Adley, these realms might be a bit to mystical for my taste though they will have little use for a artificer."
The large Orphan replied.

"Nonsense, I'll be needing a sword and armor that can withstand fire."

"An Jon...but yes our Cabalmates need to get a word in on this as well."
Bruce agreed.

"And Jon...that's the second time I forgot him, today I'll have to apologize."

"Wait...what. Shit, I should've seen that too." Serge said in annoyed voice, clearly agitated for not seeing such a simple connection.

He seemed amused by their reactions.

The Orphan said.

"We've got a lot of good ideas."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next