Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 26 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:58 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"So your kind have supernatural weaknesses as well? Yeah they tend to suck...allot."
Vera thought bitterly.
"Burning blue? Exploding? From reality not liking what you do? How is that even possible?"

"If you changed the colors of objects over and over again, reality might get fed up and change your color." Serge thought-explained. "Stuff like that."

Anja wrote:"No I do not want anyone rummaging though my head, not that I can do much to stop you."
The vampiress thought sadly and she whimpered softly.

"Nah, if you say no I can't do it. Simple as that." Serge thought adamantly. "Would it be all right if I simply helped you remember then?"

Anja wrote:"Well I guess dark deals with spirits and such would come with a cost...exploding seams to be a rather extreme cost though."
Vera thought.
"I guess becoming a dark mage as you say is not wise."
Alexis chimed in.

"Nope, it is horrific." Serge thought.

Colin wrote:He shot Serge a dirty look, 'A more accurate descriptor would be "Kung-Fu doctor", and I would highly recommend at least trying to get it right. My daughter might decide a certain young artist is being enough of an ass about her personal trainer to earn a swift kick.'

"Sorry, Sorry. But ninja doctor is so much cooler. And he doesn't seem to mind." Serge thought-grumbled, as if that was his sole metric for everything.

Anja wrote:"That is ok, you can touch me."
Vera repiled her mental voice softer and more unforcused now.
"Ok I will try."
Alexis said.
"Vera listen to me, we are going home soon, we will get our stuff and we will find a new house, somewhere nice where FruFru will have a garden, and we will go back to our peaceful life, all of this will soon be behind us."
She thought as you worked and this time Vera did seam to settle down more.
"That is better...Thank you."
The vampire thought a note of relief in her voice. It seamed your spell had worked but for how long was hard to say it had not been a easy but of magick to cast, dificult enough to be risky even if it was coicidental. Also it seamed like changing anything about Vera was just hard, as if she was completely static, you felt a bit of distaste at the still and unmoving nature of her being from deep inside of your soul, but regardsless you seam to have pulled it of and given the woman some relief.

"Ugh, this feels weird." Serge thought raising his hand from Vera's head and shaking it as if he had touched something disgusting. "But that should do it for a little bit. Sorry, I just couldn't handle seeing you in constant pain and us just talking like nothing was happening."

Colin wrote:He mentally leaned back and "watched" as Serge worked, then nodded as Vera relaxed, 'Alright, if you ladies will be... less uncomfortable for a while now, we had best go on our rescue mission. I'll see about getting Frufru down here while we're away.'
Anja wrote:"Yes..sure and I would like to see FruFru..."
Vera thought and she sounded allot calmer now.
"Listen your friend asked about the apartment that the oracle is being kept in, I do not know that much I only saw the hallway the living room and the storage room he was kept in. But it is a two bedrom apartment I think, fairly run drown. This would be Saturday right so that mean it is Elina Giovanni who are on guard duty, but I only think they have one guard at the time."
She thought quickly as you preparred to leave, more clear headed now that she was not in as much pain.

"Do you remember what this Elina Giovanni looks like? As well as the rooms you saw during your visit?" Serge thought. "Remember, you can send thoughts of images as well."

(OOC: I'm curious. Did Serge also get a difficulty raise due to the clashing natures between him and the vampire?")
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 26 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Adley Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:12 pm

[Garage]

"I will do so."
Richard promised.
"Well I better go check on Master Nassa and Miss Rozzo."

"Thank you. Of course, I hope they're both okay or will be soon."

"Yeah that is usually a good rule you might want to install these strange apps though." Jon replied wryly when he picked up. "One of them are an updated version of my map app with some improvements, one will let you teleport small objects somewhere else, that one will cause me dox so only use it if there is need and ehm tell Serge only to use it if it is need, but you could send an incoming bullet behind you for example, the last one is a proximity alert, Colin said that it would probably be best if I sat this one out so I am sending you and the others these apps to help out. I think someone who can work with ghosts are taking my place in the car."

Adley picked up the phone and smiled a little at Jon's reply. "Proximity alert for what?" he asked. "Well, you are probably able to do quite a bit from where you are I suppose. Take are of your Traditionmates, please." He hung up and installed the apps, waiting for the process to be done before he tried again to work some manner of shield before they left, unless something else popped up in the meantime. He realized his head felt a little less like someone was hitting it with a hammer and sighed in relief as he put his phone away.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:23 pm

[Basement]

"If you changed the colors of objects over and over again, reality might get fed up and change your color." Serge thought-explained. "Stuff like that."

"Are you by this saying that reality have a mind of it's own?"
Vera thought back.

"Nah, if you say no I can't do it. Simple as that." Serge thought adamantly. "Would it be all right if I simply helped you remember then?"

"I ehm...guess so it would depend what helping means."
The vampire thought clearly a bit skeptical.

"Nope, it is horrific." Serge thought.

"I guess we are going to have to try to avoid that then."
Alexis thought back.

"Ugh, this feels weird." Serge thought raising his hand from Vera's head and shaking it as if he had touched something disgusting. "But that should do it for a little bit. Sorry, I just couldn't handle seeing you in constant pain and us just talking like nothing was happening."

"Thank you I appreciate it...that is allot better, what did you do?"
Vera asked she was mentally tired from her ordeal but at least she was calmer now and she seamed relieved.

"Do you remember what this Elina Giovanni looks like? As well as the rooms you saw during your visit?" Serge thought. "Remember, you can send thoughts of images as well."

"Elina is short and round, with a pretty face, long brown hair she wear up, she wear square, black rimmed glasses and things like sweaters, jeans and hoodies as for the apartment I do not really remember more than what I have already told you, small and dirty that is really all I can say."
The vampire replied.

(OOC: No it was due to just how much pain Vera was in. For example using such a spell to help someone who need a few stitches that is easy, helping someone who have broken a leg for example is allot harder, and supernatural pains like Branding, or Staking for a vampire that is pretty extreme so it gets harder. Also anything that touch a vampire's curse are pretty hard to pull off.)

[Garage]

"Thank you. Of course, I hope they're both okay or will be soon."

"Agreed, I will go back to Riverside and check on them again later but for now I have duties to attend to here."
Richard agreed.

Adley picked up the phone and smiled a little at Jon's reply. "Proximity alert for what?" he asked.

"Anything really, you can set what you want to detect and then the phone will vibrate when what you have specified gets close."
Jon replied.

"Well, you are probably able to do quite a bit from where you are I suppose. Take are of your Traditionmates, please."

"That I can do and I will do so, take care you are well."
Jon replied.

He hung up and installed the apps, waiting for the process to be done before he tried again to work some manner of shield before they left, unless something else popped up in the meantime. He realized his head felt a little less like someone was hitting it with a hammer and sighed in relief as he put his phone away.

The little plant spirit was still humming pleasantly on your shoulder, which helped with your headache. It seamed you had time to work a shield now, no one else was in the garage at the moment other than one of the imps who was trying to sneak in, clearly without being allowed to for he was quickly caught and chased back inside by Uncle Willard now out on his regular rounds, the imp, Droplet complaining all the way back inside of the Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Are you by this saying that reality have a mind of it's own?"
Vera thought back.

"That's a way of looking at it. At least, I like looking at it like that. Reality's mind is made up of the minds of everyone who inhabits it. And normally the majority rules. But as my friend keeps saying, it's an oversimplification. Vampires don't struggle with the same problems despite the world not believing in them." he thought.

Anja wrote:"I ehm...guess so it would depend what helping means."
The vampire thought clearly a bit skeptical.

"The reason you can't focus is due to a number of things. Distractions like pain or fear. If I can clear your mind you should be able to remember things easier." he thought-explained.

Anja wrote:"Thank you I appreciate it...that is allot better, what did you do?"
Vera asked she was mentally tired from her ordeal but at least she was calmer now and she seamed relieved.

"You don't have a nervous system so the pain you feel is in your mind. And I can mess with the mind. By directing your conscious mind away from the pain I can make it cease to exist. Sorta like how if you ignore an injury it stops hurting." Serge thought-explained.

Anja wrote:"Elina is short and round, with a pretty face, long brown hair she wear up, she wear square, black rimmed glasses and things like sweaters, jeans and hoodies as for the apartment I do not really remember more than what I have already told you, small and dirty that is really all I can say."
The vampire replied.

Serge nodded and flipped to another page in his notepad, beginning to draw what Vera described. Working just as quickly and skillfully as he did when Alexis had described her memories. When he was done he placed the notepad into Vera's crate so she could get a better look. "Sorta like this?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:30 pm

[Basement]

"That's a way of looking at it. At least, I like looking at it like that. Reality's mind is made up of the minds of everyone who inhabits it. And normally the majority rules. But as my friend keeps saying, it's an oversimplification. Vampires don't struggle with the same problems despite the world not believing in them." he thought.

"So all minds are...one mind? I do not understand."
Vera thought sounding a bit frustrating.
"This is headache inducing."

"The reason you can't focus is due to a number of things. Distractions like pain or fear. If I can clear your mind you should be able to remember things easier." he thought-explained.

"Well if you can help with the pain I would be grateful."
The vampire thought and she whimpered softly again.

"You don't have a nervous system so the pain you feel is in your mind. And I can mess with the mind. By directing your conscious mind away from the pain I can make it cease to exist. Sorta like how if you ignore an injury it stops hurting." Serge thought-explained.

"That seams a bit odd to me."
Vera said clearly not buying it.
"I do not have allot of things needed for life and yet I live I doubt pain is any more in my mind than I able to speak and yet no air make my vocal cords vibrate, I have a mind and yet my brain is dead and dried up, things just work."
She protested.

Serge nodded and flipped to another page in his notepad, beginning to draw what Vera described. Working just as quickly and skillfully as he did when Alexis had described her memories. When he was done he placed the notepad into Vera's crate so she could get a better look. "Sorta like this?"

"Yeah sort of like that but she is a little plumper and her lips are fuller."
Vera thought back.
"But it is pretty close."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:42 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"So all minds are...one mind? I do not understand."
Vera thought sounding a bit frustrating.
"This is headache inducing."

"Your not the only ones frustrated with figuring out how our world works. We've got our own share of scholars arguing with each other. No two people have the same explanation. Which is why mages tend to disagree with each other quite a bit." Serge thought with a smirk.

Anja wrote:"Well if you can help with the pain I would be grateful."
The vampire thought and she whimpered softly again.

"If it takes a while for the doctor to get here I'll try again." Serge promised.

Anja wrote:"That seams a bit odd to me."
Vera said clearly not buying it.
"I do not have allot of things needed for life and yet I live I doubt pain is any more in my mind than I able to speak and yet no air make my vocal cords vibrate, I have a mind and yet my brain is dead and dried up, things just work."
She protested.

Serge just shrugged. "Well it worked didn't it?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah sort of like that but she is a little plumper and her lips are fuller."
Vera thought back.

Serge made the adjustments and brought back down to Vera for another inspection.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:53 pm

[Basement]

"Your not the only ones frustrated with figuring out how our world works. We've got our own share of scholars arguing with each other. No two people have the same explanation. Which is why mages tend to disagree with each other quite a bit." Serge thought with a smirk.

"So not all mages agree on how the world works? How then do you know you have the right of it?"
Vera asked.

"If it takes a while for the doctor to get here I'll try again." Serge promised.

"Thank you I appreciate it."
The vampire thought back to you.

Serge just shrugged. "Well it worked didn't it?"

"That is true it did work."
Vera agreed though she still seamed doubtful about your explanation.

Serge made the adjustments and brought back down to Vera for another inspection.

"Yeah that is it exactly."
The vampiress said after she had looked at the picture. As you where showing the drawing to Vera you heard Richard where walking into the room behind you with his little bag of medical supplies. Vera clearly got nervous when she heard someone new enter the room and Arn stood to greet the Akashic.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:07 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Coming up to Boston will put you in more shit, Mike; we're one of the ground zeroes for the plague, and if I'm right the ones doing the snatching are very active here. Your nearest "enemy base" will I guess be Providence. They won't go trawling that far out [to Woonsocket] when they can fish closer to home.' Nicole replied, now starting to pace around the apartment. 'I'm more worried about the likes of the ones who don't know - like the family... That's the problem; folk who are warned and alert have already half-won the game...' giving a sigh.

'I was planning to look into it when I came down next week [for Thanksgiving] but looks like my hand is forced. Did you learn if Elaine was a 'shifter or not? Y'know, for sure?'

Anja's Post:

'I know that. But... erm... think I might have caused this problem, me.' she replied, very quietly.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:15 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I take it that punishment would be pretty bad then I can not imagine harming Vera for any reason."
Alexis thought.
"So these familiars can sort of store up the displeasure of reality then? Sounds dangerous."
Vera replied.
Colin nodded, 'It's... a safety valve, of sorts, though it does come with ethical and moral issues of its own.'

Anja wrote:"I do not like infernalists, my father days I should stay far away from them."
Vera thought.
"And selling one's soul...that do not sound wise."
He nodded, 'A policy of your father's I have no argument against.'

Anja wrote:"Is there anything that can be done to help him?"
Vera asked sadly.
"I do not want to loose my father."
She said and you got a feeling from Alexis that said the ghoul would not be shedding any tears for Francis Milliner though.
He shook his head, 'I'm afraid his involvement in the matter is irrefutable, and beyond pardon. My condolences, but even if we were to attack a Technocrat Construct to extricate him, it would be so we could get to execute him.'
He frowned, 'The plague he helped spread causes anyone with mechanical implants to violently reject them - whether next-generation magical cybernetics, pacemakers, or those implants that give deaf people a sense of hearing, I forget the name... Children and the elderly have been ruthlessly targeted, with no care nor concern for innocence or ignorance of the supernatural. There's no way he sent Fio Giovanni out without knowing what he was sent out to do...'

Jeremy wrote:"Sorry, Sorry. But ninja doctor is so much cooler. And he doesn't seem to mind." Serge thought-grumbled, as if that was his sole metric for everything.
He shook his head slowly, giving Serge a chiding look.

Anja wrote:"Yes..sure and I would like to see FruFru..."
Vera thought and she sounded allot calmer now.
"Listen your friend asked about the apartment that the oracle is being kept in, I do not know that much I only saw the hallway the living room and the storage room he was kept in. But it is a two bedrom apartment I think, fairly run drown. This would be Saturday right so that mean it is Elina Giovanni who are on guard duty, but I only think they have one guard at the time."
She thought quickly as you preparred to leave, more clear headed now that she was not in as much pain.
Jeremy wrote:
Anja wrote:"Elina is short and round, with a pretty face, long brown hair she wear up, she wear square, black rimmed glasses and things like sweaters, jeans and hoodies as for the apartment I do not really remember more than what I have already told you, small and dirty that is really all I can say."
The vampire replied.
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded and flipped to another page in his notepad, beginning to draw what Vera described. Working just as quickly and skillfully as he did when Alexis had described her memories. When he was done he placed the notepad into Vera's crate so she could get a better look. "Sorta like this?"
Anja wrote:"Yeah sort of like that but she is a little plumper and her lips are fuller."
Vera thought back.
Jeremy wrote:Serge made the adjustments and brought back down to Vera for another inspection.
Anja wrote:"Yeah that is it exactly."
The vampiress said after she had looked at the picture. As you where showing the drawing to Vera you heard Richard where walking into the room behind you with his little bag of medical supplies. Vera clearly got nervous when she heard someone new enter the room and Arn stood to greet the Akashic.
He arched an eyebrow, 'The description sounds not unlike Velma on Scooby-Doo.
He paused for a moment, then craned his neck toward the picture, "Hold on, let me see that for a moment..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:53 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Coming up to Boston will put you in more shit, Mike; we're one of the ground zeroes for the plague, and if I'm right the ones doing the snatching are very active here. Your nearest "enemy base" will I guess be Providence. They won't go trawling that far out [to Woonsocket] when they can fish closer to home.' Nicole replied, now starting to pace around the apartment. 'I'm more worried about the likes of the ones who don't know - like the family... That's the problem; folk who are warned and alert have already half-won the game...' giving a sigh.

"I understand that but I do not like leaving people in danger but yes those who do not know what they are might be in danger as well but I am not completely sure what to do about it."
Mike said sounding frustrated.
"I doubt I can convince them all to go on a family trip on the drop of a hat. Those who do know among the family have to be told yeah."

'I was planning to look into it when I came down next week [for Thanksgiving] but looks like my hand is forced. Did you learn if Elaine was a 'shifter or not? Y'know, for sure?'

"Yes I got it confirmed she is."
Your uncle replied.
"This is a shitty situation all over you know."
He grumbled.

'I know that. But... erm... think I might have caused this problem, me.' she replied, very quietly.

"Nah girl, how could it possibly be your fault?"
Mike asked sounding rather doubtful about that."

[Basement]

Colin nodded, 'It's... a safety valve, of sorts, though it does come with ethical and moral issues of its own.'

"I guess you have to trust your...what did you call it...familiar allot then..."
Alexis commented.

He nodded, 'A policy of your father's I have no argument against.'

Vera just looked at you for a moment at that.
"Yeah soul selling is not good."

He shook his head, 'I'm afraid his involvement in the matter is irrefutable, and beyond pardon. My condolences, but even if we were to attack a Technocrat Construct to extricate him, it would be so we could get to execute him.'
He frowned, 'The plague he helped spread causes anyone with mechanical implants to violently reject them - whether next-generation magical cybernetics, pacemakers, or those implants that give deaf people a sense of hearing, I forget the name... Children and the elderly have been ruthlessly targeted, with no care nor concern for innocence or ignorance of the supernatural. There's no way he sent Fio Giovanni out without knowing what he was sent out to do...'

"A cochlear..."
Vera thought and there where allot of sadness in her viable eye as she looked at you, fresh blood tears started rolling down her cheeks.
"I understand."
She thought sadly.
"I am not surprised he would do that Francis Milliner have no morals, you should see the conditions in the private prisons he runs for profit, and that is just what is above board and do not take into consideration the prisoners who...ehm die, but in reality are sold to vampires as food or slaves."
Alexis thought bitterly then she sigh and looked at Vera.
"I ehm...are sorry."
She thought and Vera thought back.
"It is understandable Alexis...it is okey..."

He arched an eyebrow, 'The description sounds not unlike Velma on Scooby-Doo.

"Yeah a little like this but her hair is long, she is one of those who do not fit the beauty standard who have chosen to dress like Miss Personality instead and be funky, I guess that is a valid enough strategy."
Vera thought back.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:17 am

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"So not all mages agree on how the world works? How then do you know you have the right of it?"
Vera asked.

"No one can know for sure. Some groups agree on a particular explanation but we have so many groups all with competing visions of the world. Every group thinks their right and everyone else is wrong. Hell I've been yelled at four times today for my view of the world." Serge thought back.

Anja wrote:"Yeah that is it exactly."

"Relax, it's just kung-fu doctor." Serge thought-assured Vera.

"Hey. Thanks for coming. Sorry to bother you but your a bit more better at pain relieving than I am." Serge said out loud nodding to richard as he saw him.

"I did what I could but I'd like you to take a crack at it as well."

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, 'The description sounds not unlike Velma on Scooby-Doo.
He paused for a moment, then craned his neck toward the picture, "Hold on, let me see that for a moment..."

"Sure thing. Have a look. Other than the long brown hair that Velma comparison is quite apt." Serge showed showing Colin the picture in the notepad as well as projecting images of that same picture through the mental connection.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:38 am

[Basement]

"No one can know for sure. Some groups agree on a particular explanation but we have so many groups all with competing visions of the world. Every group thinks their right and everyone else is wrong. Hell I've been yelled at four times today for my view of the world." Serge thought back.

"I see, that sounds somewhat stressful and chaotic."
Vera thought to you.
"If no one agree how do mages manage to work together at all?"

"Relax, it's just kung-fu doctor." Serge thought-assured Vera.

"Hey. Thanks for coming. Sorry to bother you but your a bit more better at pain relieving than I am." Serge said out loud nodding to richard as he saw him.

Vera seamed to relax again. Richard sigh and he looked at Vera.
"I know about pain relief in living beings Serge not in undead creatures, I will not be able to do anything for her with modern medicine nor with the magick I usually practice but I might be able to adjust the disturbances to her energy system, at least a little and that might help."
He said then he bowed to Vera.
"Good evening madam, if you will let me examine you?"
He asked and Vera looked at him a bit nervously as he held his hands over her body.

"Sure thing. Have a look. Other than the long brown hair that Velma comparison is quite apt." Serge showed showing Colin the picture in the notepad as well as projecting images of that same picture through the mental connection.

"Yes that is pretty accurate."
Vera thought back.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:07 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I guess you have to trust your...what did you call it...familiar allot then..."
Alexis commented.
Colin nodded, 'It's a contract on the soul, not on something as vulgarly physical as blood or money...'

Anja wrote:"A cochlear..."
Vera thought and there where allot of sadness in her viable eye as she looked at you, fresh blood tears started rolling down her cheeks.
"I understand."
She thought sadly.
"I am not surprised he would do that Francis Milliner have no morals, you should see the conditions in the private prisons he runs for profit, and that is just what is above board and do not take into consideration the prisoners who...ehm die, but in reality are sold to vampires as food or slaves."
Alexis thought bitterly then she sigh and looked at Vera.
"I ehm...are sorry."
She thought and Vera thought back.
"It is understandable Alexis...it is okey..."
He frowned and gently stroked Vera's head, 'I'm sorry you had to find out in such a manner... but now you know the stakes. Millians will die soon if we can't stop it. Fortunately, we're very close to completing that part of things, but we also have to take down the people behind it, including a ghost who has dealings with the Sabbat. I doubt your father knew about that part, though.'

Jeremy wrote:"Relax, it's just kung-fu doctor." Serge thought-assured Vera.

Anja wrote:Vera seamed to relax again. Richard sigh and he looked at Vera.
"I know about pain relief in living beings Serge not in undead creatures, I will not be able to do anything for her with modern medicine nor with the magick I usually practice but I might be able to adjust the disturbances to her energy system, at least a little and that might help."
He asked and Vera looked at him a bit nervously as he held his hands over her body.
He shot Serge another dirty look, but there was amusement glittering in his eyes this time.

Anja wrote:"Yeah a little like this but her hair is long, she is one of those who do not fit the beauty standard who have chosen to dress like Miss Personality instead and be funky, I guess that is a valid enough strategy."
Vera thought back.
Jeremy wrote:"Sure thing. Have a look. Other than the long brown hair that Velma comparison is quite apt." Serge showed showing Colin the picture in the notepad as well as projecting images of that same picture through the mental connection.
Anja wrote:"Yes that is pretty accurate."
Vera thought back.
He examined the face, thinking back to the airport...

((OOC: Is this the same woman as the one who fled for... was it Houston?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:36 am

[Basement]

Colin nodded, 'It's a contract on the soul, not on something as vulgarly physical as blood or money...'

"I see...that is interesting. Some Tremere have familiars but I guess that works a bit differently."
Vera thought.

He frowned and gently stroked Vera's head, 'I'm sorry you had to find out in such a manner... but now you know the stakes. Millians will die soon if we can't stop it. Fortunately, we're very close to completing that part of things, but we also have to take down the people behind it, including a ghost who has dealings with the Sabbat. I doubt your father knew about that part, though.'

"I am afraid that while my father and his brood are Giovanni by blood we have not inherited the parent Clan's talents for Necromancy, I do not know my father to have any knowledge of how to deal with a ghost."
Vera thought sadly, her hand was cold and still, it felt like the hand of a doll.
"Why would a ghost have dealings with the Sabbat though?"
She thought nervously.

He examined the face, thinking back to the airport...

No you do not think it is the same woman.

He shot Serge another dirty look, but there was amusement glittering in his eyes this time.

Richard continued his working but when he was done he sigh and shook his head.
"I am sorry madam, there is nothing I can do, I do not have enough knowledge of how to manipulate dead matter I just do not know what to do."
He said and Vera thought.
"Please tell him it is okey and thank him for trying."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:10 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'I don't either. But hopefully this will only last one evening or so.'

Anja's Post:

'Then ask her what to do. If you can find her. Them lot can pull all sorts of hocus-pocus which might stop any of you being found.'

Anja's Post:

'Short answer; one of my docs tested my blood when I didn't get sick from this plague. The sample wasn't vanilla, but they'd seen something kinda like it before - from a wolf kin. I 'fessed up to him what it was. Had to, for otherwise he'd had spent all day looking into it. It's possible that there's a spy at his lab or something, who passed the intel that we're a "cure" of sorts to the fuckers who are doing the snatching.' Nicole replied, telling what she called a "edited story" simply to cut down the questions and length.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:20 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I see...that is interesting. Some Tremere have familiars but I guess that works a bit differently."
Vera thought.
Colin nodded, 'Perhaps a little differently, yes... Then again, the Tremere started out as Mages, which is why they are so disliked by a lot of Mages, so there might be greater similarities than differences.'

Anja wrote:"I am afraid that while my father and his brood are Giovanni by blood we have not inherited the parent Clan's talents for Necromancy, I do not know my father to have any knowledge of how to deal with a ghost."
Vera thought sadly, her hand was cold and still, it felt like the hand of a doll.
"Why would a ghost have dealings with the Sabbat though?"
She thought nervously.
He frowned, 'From what we can tell, Eric Dahl was dealing with your father and the ghost in question, the ghost had no direct connection to your father. As for the Sabbat, the ghost is making himself a new body, and I'm guessing the old Tzimisce he's working with is involved in that effort in exchange for getting control of Boston. There is likely a fair amount of duplicity involved all around.'

Anja wrote:Richard continued his working but when he was done he sigh and shook his head.
"I am sorry madam, there is nothing I can do, I do not have enough knowledge of how to manipulate dead matter I just do not know what to do."
He looked up at Richard, "She says thank you for trying, It's alright."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:50 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'I don't either. But hopefully this will only last one evening or so.'

"Allot of people can die in one evening Nick."
Mike replied with a sigh.

Then ask her what to do. If you can find her. Them lot can pull all sorts of hocus-pocus which might stop any of you being found.'

"I will speak with her kid and I hope you are right, that she can somehow pull our collective asses out of the fire."
Your uncle replied.

'Short answer; one of my docs tested my blood when I didn't get sick from this plague. The sample wasn't vanilla, but they'd seen something kinda like it before - from a wolf kin. I 'fessed up to him what it was. Had to, for otherwise he'd had spent all day looking into it. It's possible that there's a spy at his lab or something, who passed the intel that we're a "cure" of sorts to the fuckers who are doing the snatching.' Nicole replied, telling what she called a "edited story" simply to cut down the questions and length.

"It is still not your fault Nick however you need to try to stay safe, if there is a spy working for this doctor you speak of they know about you now meaning you might be fucked."
Mike said with a deeper sigh.
"Do you trust this doctor by the way? For if so you better warn him or her that they might have a mole at their lab."

[Basement]

Colin nodded, 'Perhaps a little differently, yes... Then again, the Tremere started out as Mages, which is why they are so disliked by a lot of Mages, so there might be greater similarities than differences.'

"Perhaps so I do not know that much about the Tremere no one do they sort of are a part of vampire society and sort of keep to themselves, so their familiars could be similar."
Vera thought.

He frowned, 'From what we can tell, Eric Dahl was dealing with your father and the ghost in question, the ghost had no direct connection to your father. As for the Sabbat, the ghost is making himself a new body, and I'm guessing the old Tzimisce he's working with is involved in that effort in exchange for getting control of Boston. There is likely a fair amount of duplicity involved all around.'

"Well great that is just what we need a Sabbat pack who can think, most of the cretins just attack en masse, that can be survived but the ones who plot and plan not that are a danger."
The vampiress thought and her fear grew.
"The Prince have to be warned, please Sir I know you probably do not like my kind but there are many who do not deserve what the Sabbat will do to them if they take the city."
She implored you.

He looked up at Richard, "She says thank you for trying, It's alright."

"I just wish I could do more...well I should get back to the infirmary, Miss Rozzo are out of danger but still in allot of pain I have to try to help her while at the same time consider if it is ethically sound to accept the Mercere as blood donors, they have offered but can they fully consent in their condition, and I need to check up on Master Nassa and get back to Riverside to hep out as well..."
Richard said and he sigh and looked at Vera.
"We...can not keep her like this for long Colin...we can not..."
The Akashic declared.
"It is just not humane."

Vera looked at you.
"Your name is Colin? Are you a silversmith?"
She asked with her thoughts.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:01 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'I know. But it very least means it's more "get lost for a day" rather than "go into Witness Protection".'

Anja's Post:

'I need to ask a few questions... if the snatchers are who I think they are, I might actually be able to point her in the right direction...'

Anja's Post:

'Oh, if my hunch is right They are already after me. Have been for years, actually. And while I don't know this doc well, I know his rep. If there's a leak, I'm much more willing to put it down to another in his lab or p'haps bugging devices than him doing it.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:42 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'I know. But it very least means it's more "get lost for a day" rather than "go into Witness Protection".'

"That is something at least."
Mike said with a scoff.
"Hopefully everyone will be able to go to ground...everyone not hurt already that is..."

I need to ask a few questions... if the snatchers are who I think they are, I might actually be able to point her in the right direction...'

"Should I ask Ellie to call you?"
Your uncle asked.

Oh, if my hunch is right They are already after me. Have been for years, actually.

"Shit...are these the guys you hinted at being after you when we met a few months back?"
Mike asked.
"You know you can ask if you need help right kid?"

And while I don't know this doc well, I know his rep. If there's a leak, I'm much more willing to put it down to another in his lab or p'haps bugging devices than him doing it.'

"In that case the doctor will need to be warned so that they will know in case anyone else reveal something to them, that leak need to be stopped."
The gruff old prepper grumbled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:17 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... I'll get back to you on that.' starting to get the feeling that this had gotten above her pay-grade.

Anja's Post:

'But I can't. Too predicable. Hell, even the cops start investigation into looking into the family. And these ain't the sort who even pretend to play by rules - they simply make folk vanish. No, I'd simply have to drop off the radar again.'

Anja's Post:

'Might be. But I need more intel before making any calls.' Nicole gave a sigh before continuing. 'I'll get back to you when I know more...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:51 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"I see, that sounds somewhat stressful and chaotic."
Vera thought to you.
"If no one agree how do mages manage to work together at all?"

"Same way people with differing political opinions work together. We just never mention it." Serge thought. "Also the added motivation of, if we didn't work together, we'd all be dead."

Anja wrote:Vera seamed to relax again. Richard sigh and he looked at Vera.

"Well it sounds like it'd work." Serge said, moving to the side to let Richard work.

Anja wrote:Richard continued his working but when he was done he sigh and shook his head.
Colin wrote:He looked up at Richard, "She says thank you for trying, It's alright."
Anja wrote:"I just wish I could do more...well I should get back to the infirmary, Miss Rozzo are out of danger but still in allot of pain I have to try to help her while at the same time consider if it is ethically sound to accept the Mercere as blood donors, they have offered but can they fully consent in their condition, and I need to check up on Master Nassa and get back to Riverside to hep out as well..."
Richard said and he sigh and looked at Vera.
"We...can not keep her like this for long Colin...we can not..."
The Akashic declared.
"It is just not humane."

Vera looked at you.
"Your name is Colin? Are you a silversmith?"
She asked with her thoughts.

Serge flashed Vera a curious look but controlled his thoughts, letting Colin confirm or deny that question.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Erm... I'll get back to you on that.' starting to get the feeling that this had gotten above her pay-grade.

"Yeah sure kid you just said you might be able to point Ellie in the right direction so I just assumed."
Mike replied.
"But yeah it might be safer to stay clear."

'But I can't. Too predicable. Hell, even the cops start investigation into looking into the family. And these ain't the sort who even pretend to play by rules - they simply make folk vanish. No, I'd simply have to drop off the radar again.'

"I am good at staying alive Nick and I am family so if you need it I will take the chance."
Your uncle said in a serious tone of voice.

Might be. But I need more intel before making any calls.' Nicole gave a sigh before continuing. 'I'll get back to you when I know more...'

"Ok...stay safe in the meantime and try to stay safe kid, keep in touch if you can in the meantime but don't take any chances."
Mike replied.

[Basement]

"Same way people with differing political opinions work together. We just never mention it." Serge thought. "Also the added motivation of, if we didn't work together, we'd all be dead."

"Well that is good motivation to put one's differences aside and work together."
Vera thought wryly.

"Well it sounds like it'd work." Serge said, moving to the side to let Richard work.

"If I knew more of what the Traditions call Prime, what I would call direct Chi manipulation, then yes perhaps but without understanding Matter this gets to complex for me."
Richard said and he shook his head regretfully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:11 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Well that is good motivation to put one's differences aside and work together."
Vera thought wryly.

"Yeah....still causes a fair bit of infighting though. Although that's mainly among the older members. Newer mages are a lot better at accepting other people's differences." Serge thought with a wry smile.

Anja wrote:"If I knew more of what the Traditions call Prime, what I would call direct Chi manipulation, then yes perhaps but without understanding Matter this gets to complex for me."
Richard said and he shook his head regretfully.

"Matter? Would Master Haagan have a better chance then?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:56 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'I know. But I've realised that this counts the "talking to outsiders" shit which means I need to run it past someone else first.'

Anja's Post:

'I know that, Mike. But when that day comes I want it to be a situation you have a fair chance of surviving and something worth dying for.'

Anja's Post:

'Chances have to be taken... otherwise nothing will be gained.' Nicole quipped. 'And take care.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:03 pm

[Garage]

"Agreed, I will go back to Riverside and check on them again later but for now I have duties to attend to here."
Richard agreed.

"Thank you. Take care."

"Anything really, you can set what you want to detect and then the phone will vibrate when what you have specified gets close."
Jon replied.

"Useful."

"That I can do and I will do so, take care you are well."
Jon replied.

"Thanks, until later."

you had time to work a shield now, no one else was in the garage at the moment other than one of the imps who was trying to sneak in, clearly without being allowed to for he was quickly caught and chased back inside by Uncle Willard now out on his regular rounds, the imp, Droplet complaining all the way back inside of the Chantry.

He started working on his spirit shield, trying to keep his new little friend in the loop so to speak. He didn't have it's Name, but he had it's actual presence, and knew what type of spirit it was, and used that to incorporate into the work.

// S2: 9, 1, 9; 1, 8, 3; 0, 4, 9; 3, 9, 8

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next