Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

5 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 14 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:11 pm

[Basement - Ritual Room 2]

"If that's what's decided, yeah I'm good to go anytime." Serge said with a nod. "Wouldnt be surprised if Adley wanted Lady Crexia to do it though. He likely wants the Intel to be as strongly protected as possible and her shields would be much more sturdier than mine."

"I think the whole reason why it was important to teach you this spell as soon as possible Mr Yager was so that you can help out as there are several individuals who need such shields and we would not want to tax Lady Crexia to much or exploit her generosity."
Helena replied.

"It was a pretty sweet spell. The vase is still in the guest room if you want to meet it." he said with a chuckle.

The Hermetic raised an eyebrow to you.
"Ehm...perhaps when there is more time Mr Yager."
She said simply.

"Then I guess its time for me to pay my debt. See ya later Ms. Mar." Serge said waving goodbye to the Hermetic before entering the ritual room.

"Indeed see you later Mr Yager."
Helena said and with a polite nod of her head to you and to Bruce who was still on guard duty nearby, she walked away towards the stairs. You entered the ritual room and found the two other magi engaged in the activity of cleaning up after their ritual. Colin and Adley you see your young Cultist Cabalmate enter the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 14 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:34 am

Jeremy wrote:"Then I guess its time for me to pay my debt. See ya later Ms. Mar." Serge said waving goodbye to the Hermetic before entering the ritual room.
Anja wrote:"Indeed see you later Mr Yager."
Helena said and with a polite nod of her head to you and to Bruce who was still on guard duty nearby, she walked away towards the stairs. You entered the ritual room and found the two other magi engaged in the activity of cleaning up after their ritual. Colin and Adley you see your young Cultist Cabalmate enter the room.
Colin nodded thoughtfully and turned to the door, then arched an eyebrow, "Mr. Yager... Can I assume your lesson went well, then? I was about to head up to Lady Crexia regarding that mental defense, myself."

((OOC: Pathfinder game today. Went well. Found a hell of a surprise - a city which was build at some point over the past twenty years. It has some 2,000 feet deep basements... Scary impressive engineering, that.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:10 am

The ritual room was beginning to be finished tidied up by the time Serge arrived but there was still a few things to do. Serge will also notice that the floor was pretty scratched up.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:38 am

Anja wrote:"I think the whole reason why it was important to teach you this spell as soon as possible Mr Yager was so that you can help out as there are several individuals who need such shields and we would not want to tax Lady Crexia to much or exploit her generosity."
Helena replied.

Serge simply shrugged. "Well I'm good to go at anytime. Lady Crexia is actually talking with Master Morgan right now about how they wanna set up those protections. So we'll see what they decide."

Anja wrote:"Indeed see you later Mr Yager."
Colin wrote:Colin nodded thoughtfully and turned to the door, then arched an eyebrow, "Mr. Yager... Can I assume your lesson went well, then? I was about to head up to Lady Crexia regarding that mental defense, myself."
Anja wrote:The ritual room was beginning to be finished tidied up by the time Serge arrived but there was still a few things to do. Serge will also notice that the floor was pretty scratched up.

"It went well. Lesson went faster than I expected. Made a new friend through it as well. And I can see that you met some old friends in here as well." Serge said with a smile as he approached his two cabal mates, glancing at the scratching is the floor.

The duo would notice Serge carrying blueprints in his hands, depicting the layout of the chantry, as well as a new golden ring on one of those hands.

The smile faded as Serge stood in front of his cabal leader. "Anyways, on Lady Crexia's instructions strengthened by the Second Protocol, I have something I need to tell you. I, in my infinite wisdom, accepted instruction from the Master without discussing payment beforehand. And now my payment is to tell you that and listen to anything you have to say about it." he said stiffly, clearly not happy about having to say that.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:41 am

Serge simply shrugged. "Well I'm good to go at anytime. Lady Crexia is actually talking with Master Morgan right now about how they wanna set up those protections. So we'll see what they decide."

"Very well Mr Yager I am ready to have it done anytime really. What if you give me a call once you have spoken with your Cabal leader?"
Helena asked.
"Do you have my phone number? You can send me a message when you are ready."
The young Flambeau suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:15 am

"I suppose attempted gilgul and a hop in a caul may have coloured my sense of humour to some extent... but it was not the exchange with your sister right now I had in mind, specifically. It seems that people have been more inclined to take offense at something I say recently than what has been the norm. If you've not noticed anything in my word choice or tone, though, I suspect it might be either other people's sensitivities, or more likely, a bit of leaking Resonance from the Jhor I contracted, causing people to feel more ill at ease around me... I need to deal with that in any case."

"It could be, amicus. I'm not sure what to tell you; many of us are on edge right now. I know I am, it's been another one of those days. I'll try to pay more attention and see if I notice anything."

"As for you, I've noticed you're a little more paranoid, perhaps, though not not unreasonably so, all things considered... and you've been exhibiting a few other relatively mild symptoms of PTSD. Not enough to set off too many warning bells just yet, and I believe our Deacon is helping, whether he is aware of that or not, but if you're concerned about a certain Cabalmate of ours, believe me, I think she could give ulcers to statuary."

He frowned a bit. "Well, that seems fair. I was more concerned about other things, though."

Colin and Adley you see your young Cultist Cabalmate enter the room.
Colin nodded thoughtfully and turned to the door, then arched an eyebrow, "Mr. Yager... Can I assume your lesson went well, then? I was about to head up to Lady Crexia regarding that mental defense, myself."

He looked over as the door opened and stopped talking to Colin. He gave Serge a nod as he saw it was him. "Greetings." He glanced at what he thought was a map under his arm, and then saw the flash of another ring.

"It went well. Lesson went faster than I expected. Made a new friend through it as well. And I can see that you met some old friends in here as well." Serge said with a smile as he approached his two cabal mates, glancing at the scratching is the floor.

"Indeed."

"Anyways, on Lady Crexia's instructions strengthened by the Second Protocol, I have something I need to tell you. I, in my infinite wisdom, accepted instruction from the Master without discussing payment beforehand. And now my payment is to tell you that and listen to anything you have to say about it." he said stiffly, clearly not happy about having to say that.

He raised an eyebrow at that, but didn't say anything - he wasn't being addressed but Colin as cabal leader. Instead he went back to cleaning up as the pair spoke unless he was asked to step out.

// somehow I thought that I had posted already today >. <

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:41 am

He raised an eyebrow at that, but didn't say anything - he wasn't being addressed but Colin as cabal leader. Instead he went back to cleaning up as the pair spoke unless he was asked to step out.

As you where cleaning up the ritual room you heard a tink, tink, tink sound as Harry and about half of the spiderlings was heading into the ritual room, the spiders would be attracted to anything that needed repairing, but it could be anything, a old tshirt or broken styrofoam cup or something useful. The spiders looked really happy despite most of them having bald butts. they had gotten to repair allot of things today which pleased them. The tiny spirits stomped their feet at you happily before they rushed to the floor and started spinning. You notice some of them had gotten white areas around their joints, that had not been there before.

(OOC: That happens to me sometimes as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:11 pm

S7trif3 wrote:"It could be, amicus. I'm not sure what to tell you; many of us are on edge right now. I know I am, it's been another one of those days. I'll try to pay more attention and see if I notice anything."
Colin nodded, "Thank you."

S7trif3 wrote:He frowned a bit. "Well, that seems fair. I was more concerned about other things, though."
He tilted his head slightly, "Oh? What in particular worries you, Amicus?"

Jeremy wrote:"It went well. Lesson went faster than I expected. Made a new friend through it as well. And I can see that you met some old friends in here as well." Serge said with a smile as he approached his two cabal mates, glancing at the scratching is the floor.

The duo would notice Serge carrying blueprints in his hands, depicting the layout of the chantry, as well as a new golden ring on one of those hands.

The smile faded as Serge stood in front of his cabal leader. "Anyways, on Lady Crexia's instructions strengthened by the Second Protocol, I have something I need to tell you. I, in my infinite wisdom, accepted instruction from the Master without discussing payment beforehand. And now my payment is to tell you that and listen to anything you have to say about it." he said stiffly, clearly not happy about having to say that.
S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow at that, but didn't say anything - he wasn't being addressed but Colin as cabal leader. Instead he went back to cleaning up as the pair spoke unless he was asked to step out.
Anja wrote:As you where cleaning up the ritual room you heard a tink, tink, tink sound as Harry and about half of the spiderlings was heading into the ritual room, the spiders would be attracted to anything that needed repairing, but it could be anything, a old tshirt or broken styrofoam cup or something useful. The spiders looked really happy despite most of them having bald butts. they had gotten to repair allot of things today which pleased them. The tiny spirits stomped their feet at you happily before they rushed to the floor and started spinning. You notice some of them had gotten white areas around their joints, that had not been there before.
He arched an eyebrow, and was about to answer when Harry and company arrived, "What did she... Ah, the helpful little spiders have come to mend the floorboards; we should take this conversation elsewhere, then... Now, first things first, you failed to negotiate payment for instruction in advance, and Lady Crexia said to do what, exactly? As close to her exact words as you can get it, if you please? Ah, let's head over to a vacant ritual room, for this..."
He gestured toward the hall and gave Adley a nod, before beginning to usher Serge toward a vacant room...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:38 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]

Both the other ritua rooms where in use, including the one most liked to avoid, and one of the two labs, the second lad through was free. It was a square room, the walls had been cut out into stone shelves full of chemicals, vials and equipment, in the center of the room there was a large table, and several machines stood on a table towards the far wall. One of th machines was on giving a steady whirling sound, some chemical that had to be stirred for a long time someone had left to get ready while letting others use the room in the meantime. The laptop on the center table showed a complex formula.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Anja wrote:"Very well Mr Yager I am ready to have it done anytime really. What if you give me a call once you have spoken with your Cabal leader?"
Helena asked.
"Do you have my phone number? You can send me a message when you are ready."
The young Flambeau suggested.

"Nah I don't. Here." Serge said, quickly scribbling a phone number onto a piece of notepad and handing it to the Hermetic. "You can send me a message so that I can get your number."

Adley wrote:He looked over as the door opened and stopped talking to Colin. He gave Serge a nod as he saw it was him. "Greetings." He glanced at what he thought was a map under his arm, and then saw the flash of another ring.

"Sup. Man your voice spooked me." He said with a chuckle, waving gingerly to his cabalmate while trying to balance all the items he had in his hand.

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, and was about to answer when Harry and company arrived, "What did she... Ah, the helpful little spiders have come to mend the floorboards; we should take this conversation elsewhere, then... Now, first things first, you failed to negotiate payment for instruction in advance, and Lady Crexia said to do what, exactly? As close to her exact words as you can get it, if you please? Ah, let's head over to a vacant ritual room, for this..."
He gestured toward the hall and gave Adley a nod, before beginning to usher Serge toward a vacant room...

"Lady Crexia told me to find and tell my Cabal Leader that I failed to negotiate payment prior to receiving instruction." Serge said, folding the blueprints he had in his hand and placing them into his pockets. He reluctantly followed Colin to the vacant room, wanting to get it over with as soon as possible.

"Afterwards, I was to listen to anything you had to say about that. Specifically, any lecturing that you might want to do. And then the last step was I was to learn."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:31 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]

Helena nodded she pulled her phone out and wrote a message that she sent you. The message simply said here is my number.
"Now you have my number Mr Yager."
The Hermetic said.
"Well I have to see to the tasks at hand, if there is nothing further?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:45 pm

He tilted his head slightly, "Oh? What in particular worries you, Amicus?"

"It would be too long a list to make for now, but in this instance..." he gestured vaguely at his chest, where he often felt the itch and pain from the spirit shard.

"Sup. Man your voice spooked me." He said with a chuckle, waving gingerly to his cabalmate while trying to balance all the items he had in his hand.

"Ah, yes. Pardon, now you realize why I write things down so much. Have you got a hold on everything there?" he asked.

As you where cleaning up the ritual room you heard a tink, tink, tink sound as Harry and about half of the spiderlings was heading into the ritual room, the spiders would be attracted to anything that needed repairing, but it could be anything, a old tshirt or broken styrofoam cup or something useful. The spiders looked really happy despite most of them having bald butts. they had gotten to repair allot of things today which pleased them. The tiny spirits stomped their feet at you happily before they rushed to the floor and started spinning. You notice some of them had gotten white areas around their joints, that had not been there before.
He arched an eyebrow, and was about to answer when Harry and company arrived, "What did she... Ah, the helpful little spiders have come to mend the floorboards; we should take this conversation elsewhere, then... Now, first things first, you failed to negotiate payment for instruction in advance, and Lady Crexia said to do what, exactly? As close to her exact words as you can get it, if you please? Ah, let's head over to a vacant ritual room, for this..."

He nodded back to the pair as they left. Then he glanced down at Harry and friends and smiled a little. 'Greetings, my friends. Thank you for coming here, yes the floorboards are in need of your assistance...' he effused in Enochian. "Now what is going on here," he said, to himself in English. "Your knees look a bit strange..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:20 pm

He nodded back to the pair as they left. Then he glanced down at Harry and friends and smiled a little. 'Greetings, my friends. Thank you for coming here, yes the floorboards are in need of your assistance...' he effused in Enochian. "Now what is going on here," he said, to himself in English. "Your knees look a bit strange..."

Harry stomped his feet happily in response as he looked up at you with his many crystal eyes. It could almost seams as if his exoskeleton was coming loose at the joints. The spiderlings seamed to be happy though as they got to work, slowly repairing and preserving the floor, slowly removing the scratches as they spun it back into perfect order.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:29 pm

He knelt down and put out his hands towards Harry, palm up to see if he would climb on him so he could get a better look at what was going on. He was at first concerned they'd been hurt, and he hadn't known, in their last fight more than a few missing hairs. He tipped his head - he didn't know much about actual physical spiders, he realized. Maybe it would help him understand, even if they were spirits. But it reminded him of when he'd gotten a lobster once, for a special occasion. "You look like you're losing your shell, friend...I hope that is a normal occurrence. I will have to find out..." Since he had to wait a few moments for them to do their work before he finished, he made a quick search on spider care to see if anything matched up.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:30 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]
S7trife wrote:"It would be too long a list to make for now, but in this instance..." he gestured vaguely at his chest, where he often felt the itch and pain from the spirit shard.
Colin nodded, "Ah... Have you considered asking about the ephemeral analgesics we got for Beatrice? We might have a supply left... and then there is the option to let Mia have a look - a small heart to heart, I suppose you could call it. You and I would probably not be privy to the conversation directly, though, but she's reached out to Avatars directly through a simple touch on my part on a few occasions. I've found that discretion has been the most polite at those times."

Anja wrote:Both the other ritua rooms where in use, including the one most liked to avoid, and one of the two labs, the second lad through was free. It was a square room, the walls had been cut out into stone shelves full of chemicals, vials and equipment, in the center of the room there was a large table, and several machines stood on a table towards the far wall. One of th machines was on giving a steady whirling sound, some chemical that had to be stirred for a long time someone had left to get ready while letting others use the room in the meantime. The laptop on the center table showed a complex formula.
He peered into the second lab and nodded to himself, "Alright, we should be undisturbed here for a few minutes..."

Jeremy wrote:"Lady Crexia told me to find and tell my Cabal Leader that I failed to negotiate payment prior to receiving instruction." Serge said, folding the blueprints he had in his hand and placing them into his pockets. He reluctantly followed Colin to the vacant room, wanting to get it over with as soon as possible.

"Afterwards, I was to listen to anything you had to say about that. Specifically, any lecturing that you might want to do. And then the last step was I was to learn."
He looked at Serge, expressionless, as he explained, and stared for a full minute after that, "I... see. We have perhaps been a little lax in emphasizing the Second Protocol during your stay here, but your Mentor should have done so during your apprenticeship... Well, the problem with a kindly and compassionate Mentor, I suppose."
He sighed, "So, let me get this straight, you sat down and received instruction from Lady Crexia, without even airing the issue of compensation for her time and effort, expecting she would state a fair price or none at all afterwards? By all the Gods, man, you don't realize how lucky you are. Lady Crexia is somewhere in the vicinity of 25 centuries old, and a member of House Tytalus, the Hermetic House which exemplifies 'tough love' to the point where expressing affection to one's Mentor is a measure of personal hatred, rather than fondness... Did she perhaps suggest what she, as an Archmage of several Spheres and in her third millennium of experience, could have demanded as payment from a fledgling Mage in his, what, your first Decade after Awakening? Always, always make sure that instruction comes at a price you are willing to pay. It doesn't matter what the agreed-upon instruction or payment is, but you have to make sure that it's a price you can afford."
He shook his head, running a hand down his face, "Next thing you'll be telling me is that you accepted gifts from the Fae, too... your Mentor is going to get a heart attack over what you get yourself into on my watch..."
He looked down at Serge's hand, "Wait... isn't that one of Deaconess O'Connor's rings?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Colin nodded, "Ah... Have you considered asking about the ephemeral analgesics we got for Beatrice? We might have a supply left... and then there is the option to let Mia have a look - a small heart to heart, I suppose you could call it. You and I would probably not be privy to the conversation directly, though, but she's reached out to Avatars directly through a simple touch on my part on a few occasions. I've found that discretion has been the most polite at those times."

He shook his head, then took the tablet out to write: 'I have not. But perhaps I should carry some in case I need it. The fact is though that the shard nears time to be released back where it should be, not stuck inside of my avatar. It has caused me pain the mornings and when I use a lot of certain types of quintessence it affects us, I also felt it when we were near the villa. However, it has also helped me in many instances as well. Odd as it sounds, it is useful to have that pain to know when it is being affected, to ignore it would not be good either in case I push too hard and hurt us. I do not want my avatar harmed, though when it comes out it is going to hurt me a lot and I will need help to recover. It may happen as soon as after our current problems. I am concerned though that as it strengthens we affect one another more strongly as well - it has a nature of its own and resonance. Much as I explained to you earlier, I was worried I was being too protective or other aspects that we share, would be heightened.'

// lol now Colin knows how everyone else feels about him when he pulls crazy stunts. Cabal 'Hold my Beer' strikes again

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:39 pm

He knelt down and put out his hands towards Harry, palm up to see if he would climb on him so he could get a better look at what was going on. He was at first concerned they'd been hurt, and he hadn't known, in their last fight more than a few missing hairs. He tipped his head - he didn't know much about actual physical spiders, he realized. Maybe it would help him understand, even if they were spirits. But it reminded him of when he'd gotten a lobster once, for a special occasion. "You look like you're losing your shell, friend...I hope that is a normal occurrence. I will have to find out..." Since he had to wait a few moments for them to do their work before he finished, he made a quick search on spider care to see if anything matched up.

Harry waked over to your hand and crawled onto it, you felt the tips of his little toes pressing against the palm of your hand at he stood there looking at you, having to angle his little body to do so as he did not have a neck he could turn, then he rushed over to your coat sleeve which was starting to wear and he started repairing, he did not seam to be injured but he might be a bit on edge. You quickly found care sheets for pet spiders, it seamed that white areas around the joints was a common sign of the spider entering pre molt, soon they would become sluggish, stop eating and then they would lie down on their backs, use internal pressure to blow the lid of their mid section literary and then crawl out of the hole. For a few days they would then be very fragile and soft and during this time they would grow, then they would harden again. There where two stages of pre molt, beginning and heavy, from the time they entered heavy pre molt the spider would stop eating until it was all done and it was hardened again.

Molting spiders was fragile so if the spiderlings was going to do so they would need to be given somewhere safe to do so. Just a week ago Curly had grabbed one of the spiders playing with it. Uncle Willard had found her and he had given her a good smack on her fiery butt, something the imp had been moping about for days on end. The spiderling was fine but a freshly molted spider would not be able to withstand such treatment. They would lack any skeletal structure, and having just shed their skin, fangs, and the lining of their lungs they would need time to recover. There was also a good chance not all the spiderlings would make it, molting was the most dangerous activity a spider did and most spider deaths was caused by molting issues, though that might be different with spirits.

(OOC: Adley finds these: http://spoodernest.com/firstspider/
http://kozmicdreams.com/spidercare.htm
https://dickinsoncountyconservationboard.com/2018/10/24/pinki-the-tarantula-molts/ )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 am

S7trif3 wrote:He shook his head, then took the tablet out to write: 'I have not. But perhaps I should carry some in case I need it. The fact is though that the shard nears time to be released back where it should be, not stuck inside of my avatar. It has caused me pain the mornings and when I use a lot of certain types of quintessence it affects us, I also felt it when we were near the villa. However, it has also helped me in many instances as well. Odd as it sounds, it is useful to have that pain to know when it is being affected, to ignore it would not be good either in case I push too hard and hurt us. I do not want my avatar harmed, though when it comes out it is going to hurt me a lot and I will need help to recover. It may happen as soon as after our current problems. I am concerned though that as it strengthens we affect one another more strongly as well - it has a nature of its own and resonance. Much as I explained to you earlier, I was worried I was being too protective or other aspects that we share, would be heightened.'
Colin frowned and nodded, then smiled wryly, "Well, I suppose Cita will be called on as a midwife... Hum, I wonder, though, if perhaps Mia would be able to host it with less discomfort, if needs be. Of course, that would run the risk of... very different influences, and quite likely a Resonance compatibility issue..."
He thought inward, 'What do you think, Mia, is there anything we could do to ease the, er, birth of our accidental spiritual grandchild?'

((OOC: At some point, Colin just might jump the gun and formally register the Cabal as "Tene Cereviso Meus". And let the more venerable and traditional Masters on Horizon try to figure out what that's supposed to mean... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:53 am

[Steelhaven Basement]

Anja wrote:Helena nodded she pulled her phone out and wrote a message that she sent you. The message simply said here is my number.
"Now you have my number Mr Yager."
The Hermetic said.
"Well I have to see to the tasks at hand, if there is nothing further?"
She asked.

"I'm good. Have fun with your tasks Ms. Mar." Serge said simply.

Adley wrote:"Ah, yes. Pardon, now you realize why I write things down so much. Have you got a hold on everything there?" he asked.

"It was cool. Sounded like a ghost was lecturing me." he said with a smile. "Don't worry, I got everything. It's not that many pages."

Colin wrote:He looked at Serge, expressionless, as he explained, and stared for a full minute after that, "I... see. We have perhaps been a little lax in emphasizing the Second Protocol during your stay here, but your Mentor should have done so during your apprenticeship... Well, the problem with a kindly and compassionate Mentor, I suppose."

"Anything I did wrong is my fault alone. My mentor has done nothing wrong in her teachings." Serge said calmly, although there was a clear hint of anger in his voice at what his cabal leader insinuated.

Colin wrote:He sighed, "So, let me get this straight, you sat down and received instruction from Lady Crexia, without even airing the issue of compensation for her time and effort, expecting she would state a fair price or none at all afterwards? By all the Gods, man, you don't realize how lucky you are. Lady Crexia is somewhere in the vicinity of 25 centuries old, and a member of House Tytalus, the Hermetic House which exemplifies 'tough love' to the point where expressing affection to one's Mentor is a measure of personal hatred, rather than fondness... Did she perhaps suggest what she, as an Archmage of several Spheres and in her third millennium of experience, could have demanded as payment from a fledgling Mage in his, what, your first Decade after Awakening? Always, always make sure that instruction comes at a price you are willing to pay. It doesn't matter what the agreed-upon instruction or payment is, but you have to make sure that it's a price you can afford."

"Yes, she was quite vivid in the many types of slavery she could've subjected me too." Serge said with a sigh, clearly a touch irritated at being scolded by so many different people. Despite the irritation he kept his hands in his pocket and stood quietly, listening to his cabal leader's scolding carefully. When he was done he nodded his head and said politely, "I understand. I'll be sure to be more wary in the future sir."

Colin wrote:
He shook his head, running a hand down his face, "Next thing you'll be telling me is that you accepted gifts from the Fae, too... your Mentor is going to get a heart attack over what you get yourself into on my watch..."
He looked down at Serge's hand, "Wait... isn't that one of Deaconess O'Connor's rings?"

Serge raised his hand to look at the golden fire opal ring when Colin brought attention to it. "Yeah, I met up with Deaconess O'Connor when I was heading down her. Told her about the Banshee that was attacking me. She told me a bunch of stuff and in the end gave me this ring. Told me that the Banshee would recognize it and cause her to pause and give me a chance to run."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:48 am

He thought inward, 'What do you think, Mia, is there anything we could do to ease the, er, birth of our accidental spiritual grandchild?'

"Well we can certainly not house it, the spirit is of the highest realms of the Umbra and with some of our shards we would not make a good home, however the gentler the new spirit is birthed the less harm it will do and the medicine made for our daughter can help ease the discomfort, gently coaxing the new spirit out will be far better than cutting it out or just straight up banishing it. But the Fire Angle is strong, she will withstand her ordeal, and so are our son. Unfortunately when we are in pain, or what can be called so, our host feel it as well, as a most gruesome torment it will not be pleasant, but it can be made easier."
Mia replied gently.

"I'm good. Have fun with your tasks Ms. Mar." Serge said simply.

Helena raised an eyebrow at this then she simply nodded.
"Thank you Mr Yager."
She said before she walked towards the stairs.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 am

Colin frowned and nodded, then smiled wryly, "Well, I suppose Cita will be called on as a midwife... Hum, I wonder, though, if perhaps Mia would be able to host it with less discomfort, if needs be. Of course, that would run the risk of... very different influences, and quite likely a Resonance compatibility issue..."

'Yes and my pater will assist also. We have some plans on how to hopefully will make things a bit less traumatic (also haha very funny /s). I think it would be better for it to stay where it is until the time comes. It would at best only move the pain to you. At worst it might complicate things and expose it to energies that are not good for it, no offense. Plus, it was my choice I would not wish others to suffer for something I chose. I feel bad enough my avatar will remember it but I hope she shares with me the sense of hope and reasoning that I do. I appreciate your offer of helping though I told you mostly in the event that I started acted weirder than normal. I have your back and you have mine basically.'

"It was cool. Sounded like a ghost was lecturing me." he said with a smile. "Don't worry, I got everything. It's not that many pages."

"It does help when I teach," he gave a bit of a tired smile.

Harry waked over to your hand and crawled onto it, you felt the tips of his little toes pressing against the palm of your hand at he stood there looking at you, having to angle his little body to do so as he did not have a neck he could turn, then he rushed over to your coat sleeve which was starting to wear and he started repairing, he did not seam to be injured but he might be a bit on edge.

As everyone was a bit on edge, it did not seem surprising that the spiders seemed antsy also. Though they were doing what they normally did, and in some ways seemed content as such. He brought Harry closer to his face so he could examine him better before he ran off to fix his sleeve.

Molting spiders was fragile so if the spiderlings was going to do so they would need to be given somewhere safe to do so...molting was the most dangerous activity a spider did and most spider deaths was caused by molting issues, though that might be different with spirits.

"Hm..." he muttered to himself as he read. Molting - they were growing. He supposed that they had been very busy lately. He'd make them a nice nest area in his room, and tell the imps to leave them be, for a start. He put the phone away when he was done reviewing some basic information, and then waited until they'd fixed up the floor before thanking them again. He made sure everything was in order, and that there weren't any traces of resonances left behind

// If Tene Cereviso Meus is the cabal's unofficial name, then is 'I got this' the motto lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 am

As everyone was a bit on edge, it did not seem surprising that the spiders seemed antsy also. Though they were doing what they normally did, and in some ways seemed content as such. He brought Harry closer to his face so he could examine him better before he ran off to fix his sleeve.

Harry seamed to be duller, the crystal exoskeleton which had been bright green blue and purple was now, dull, even the one remaining crystal hair on his butt was dull. The spirit spider looked up at you and stomped his feet happily again. His dulling seamed to be a good indication he was entering pre molt as well.

"Hm..." he muttered to himself as he read. Molting - they were growing. He supposed that they had been very busy lately. He'd make them a nice nest area in his room, and tell the imps to leave them be, for a start. He put the phone away when he was done reviewing some basic information, and then waited until they'd fixed up the floor before thanking them again. He made sure everything was in order, and that there weren't any traces of resonances left behind

The tiny spirits fixed the floor rather quickly, scratches was not something that took to long. They all stomped their feet happily when you thanked them then the brood left the ritual room and headed out in search of anything else to fix, it was their purpose after all, you heard the tink, tink, tink of all those little crystal feet on the stone floor as they left. Harry remained for a moment, then he suddenly gave this little dance, wriggling his all but hairless but for a few moments before he rushed after the others to catch up.

(OOC: Fed spider happy dance. Some of them do this I have no idea why. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFHLAzsw8XA )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:05 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"Anything I did wrong is my fault alone. My mentor has done nothing wrong in her teachings." Serge said calmly, although there was a clear hint of anger in his voice at what his cabal leader insinuated.
Colin smiled wryly, "That's fair. I only speculated that either she failed to emphasize the Second Protocol adequately, or you failed to pay enough attention to her lessons... I'm willing to take your word for it being the latter case. I'm sure your Mentor will be keen to hear this admission, too."

Jeremy wrote:"Yes, she was quite vivid in the many types of slavery she could've subjected me too." Serge said with a sigh, clearly a touch irritated at being scolded by so many different people. Despite the irritation he kept his hands in his pocket and stood quietly, listening to his cabal leader's scolding carefully. When he was done he nodded his head and said politely, "I understand. I'll be sure to be more wary in the future sir."
He frowned, "Good. You ought to thank Lady Crexia for her generosity, too. Once more, that is."

Jeremy wrote:Serge raised his hand to look at the golden fire opal ring when Colin brought attention to it. "Yeah, I met up with Deaconess O'Connor when I was heading down her. Told her about the Banshee that was attacking me. She told me a bunch of stuff and in the end gave me this ring. Told me that the Banshee would recognize it and cause her to pause and give me a chance to run."
He frowned, then sighed, "Alright, Lady Mara is probably not going to be as... unreasonable about gift exchanges as more pure-blooded Fae would be, but you had better make sure you create a wonderful Christmas gift for her, if you did not give her anything in return... and where she is concerned, I would advise you to keep a running tally of gifts exchanged with her, too - as a precaution. Even I make sure I do not owe her a gift for long, and make sure to try to stay ahead on gifts, just in case. More so after I received instruction on negotiating with the Fair Folk from... well, that's besides the point."
He pondered for a moment, "But, I believe this slip requires a practical lesson. I'm not going to give you a punishment, but I will give you a task, as your Cabal Leader: you are to find time before New Year's to speak with every full member of the Chantry who is no longer an apprentice, and ask them what they would ask for instruction in an Initiate-rank spell, and what they would offer for the same, to a guest from another Chantry, or to a resident of another Chantry they are visiting for unrelated reasons. Then I want you to think carefully on what these prices implicate, as there will undoubtedly be quite different fees asked between Initiates and Masters."
He arched an eyebrow, "And, of course, use these guidelines to assess where you think a fair price for instruction would be when you give or receive it. Does this sound like a fair task?"

((OOC: "Ego Id Habes", of course.))

((OOC: I think that dance might be an instinct to make sure no rivals are sneaking up on the spider to steal the dinner. But it still looks cheerful.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:09 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Okay; I'll let the one on duty know.'

Anja's Post:

'That makes the assumption that they know our strength and numbers, sir. How many battles have started when one side utterly misjudged the amount of enemy forces behind the hill?' Nicole replied. 'As for disease... well, what do you expect? Even I know rats spreaded stuff like the Black Death.'

[Sorry about delay; been ill. And went to see a show at Ally Pally. Think the cold and wet made things worse...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:26 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Okay; I'll let the one on duty know.'

"Excellent."
Dr Hadermann replied.

'That makes the assumption that they know our strength and numbers, sir. How many battles have started when one side utterly misjudged the amount of enemy forces behind the hill?' Nicole replied. 'As for disease... well, what do you expect? Even I know rats spreaded stuff like the Black Death.'

"The alternative Scientist Bouchard, if option A do not work is to let this illness decimate every Tradition member with implants, this is a certainty, however if we use this medicine most will get better and the only way that will be a issue if first the rats finds out about it, then if the take office, then that they will actually be willing to attack and finally that their forces are far greater than every expert on the field indicate, the odds this will be a problem are minuscule and they are odds I am more than willing to take."
The other Etherite replied calmly.

(OOC: No problem. I hope you feel better soon Nicole.]
(OOC 2: I think you are right Warp but it is still cute. Hufsa never dance for me though she is to busy trying to squeeze very drop of bug gut out of her prey, she looks like she is smiling with her fangs raised and she just munch away, she is a veracious little eater never refuse a meal. She demand hunting herself though she will not take food from me. I have to let the bugs loose in her cage and she will stalk them in her own time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next