Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

5 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 3 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:01 pm

[Kitchen]
Anja wrote:"I don't think any of us would approve of you just inviting a Paradox spirit over for tea Mr Wainwright and particularly not that Paradox Spirit!"
Ryan exclaimed.
"Well if it would better my chances not to get erased or sent to a Paradox realm would be good."
He added wryly.
"Though I try to limit of much Dox I attract."
Colin shook his head, frowning, "If he shows up, you've made a serious mistake, far beyond merely attracting a bit of Dox, I fear. For me, it was accidentally creating an effect without a cause, after I had prevented the future suffering that would lead me to gain some information, years in the future... A compromise was made, and someone still has to pay the price for that knowledge... but at least the cost did not add more suffering into the mix."

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yes it seams we are keeping the Resonances."
Helena agreed as she helped out with physically cleaning the room.
"We should be ready then as soon as you cast the before mentioned spell on me."
S7trif3 wrote:He shook his head. He wrote onto the tablet and showed Colin and Helena: 'It will not matter if I cast such a spell to deafen your ears; you will still hear me. Silence spells that I cast do not affect my Voice at all. I do not think silences of others will work either, though they may to some degree if they are strong. If we scramble the Words, it will affect the casting. However, I will not speak the Name aloud, I will use written inscription and that I will not show you and do inner working magick. After, the wax can be warmed and arcane links removed just to be careful. Silent spells are harder for me but in this case I can use a re-written Name into Enochian.'
He nodded, "That seems reasonable. And that also allows you to hear and react quickly, if necessary - or offer sage counsel if you deem it appropriate."

Anja wrote:"We could clean the room's energies between summonings."
Helena offered.
He nodded, "Probably for the best - the timekeeper and the scribe are very different natures, after all."

S7trif3 wrote:"Yes. Also, there is the matter of what you wish to offer the spirit in return, something suitable to offer in exchange for what you wish to ask them to do for you. This is customary. Offering a gift in addition is up to you, if you wish to get on their good side, or to strengthen your bonds." He offered out the tablet to him after making sure it was cleared off well.
He took the tablet and quickly wrote down TickTock and Engrave on it, handing it back, "Quite, I was going to ask - for a spirit to go to Horizon and deliver a message and perform a service, how many drams of Quintessence would be a fair price? Three? Four? Five? I have to spare, thanks to Shawn's ring, but I wouldn't want to offer an insultingly low, or excessively high amount in the opening bids..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 3 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Adley Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:23 pm

[Basement]

He took the tablet and quickly wrote down TickTock and Engrave on it, handing it back, "Quite, I was going to ask - for a spirit to go to Horizon and deliver a message and perform a service, how many drams of Quintessence would be a fair price? Three? Four? Five? I have to spare, thanks to Shawn's ring, but I wouldn't want to offer an insultingly low, or excessively high amount in the opening bids..."

He looked thoughtful. "You could base the amount on what you would give a Mercere, to get a base rate then consider the expedience, sensitivity of the request, any potential dangers it might pose for them, how complicated the instructions turn out to be, and so forth. At least two, one now and one on return if you can manage it, given what I know of the situation but we cannot always be as generous as we want to be with Quintessence, and we are likely to need some of that later too. If you have something something else to offer them sometimes that also good, as long as it is suited to their natures, for future reference. I am not sure what each spirit might accept, however, that would also be acceptable and safe to you to give them but something within their natures is ideal." He glanced over at Helena for her opinion on the matter.

Once he took the tablet back he noted the Names and cleared well, it since they were going to be using one at a time and he did not want the working confused. "I assume this is the order of Call?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:34 pm

[Kitchen]

Colin shook his head, frowning, "If he shows up, you've made a serious mistake, far beyond merely attracting a bit of Dox, I fear. For me, it was accidentally creating an effect without a cause, after I had prevented the future suffering that would lead me to gain some information, years in the future... A compromise was made, and someone still has to pay the price for that knowledge... but at least the cost did not add more suffering into the mix."

"I am aware that Old Man Wrinkle tend to show up for serious mistakes not a little bit of Dox. The situation you describe sound rather bad though Mr Wainwright, there really is no good way out of that."
Ryan said with a sigh.
"Well the best is to avoid Dox and screwing up time as best one can."

[Basement]

He shook his head. He wrote onto the tablet and showed Colin and Helena: 'It will not matter if I cast such a spell to deafen your ears; you will still hear me. Silence spells that I cast do not affect my Voice at all. I do not think silences of others will work either, though they may to some degree if they are strong. If we scramble the Words, it will affect the casting. However, I will not speak the Name aloud, I will use written inscription and that I will not show you and do inner working magick. After, the wax can be warmed and arcane links removed just to be careful. Silent spells are harder for me but in this case I can use a re-written Name into Enochian.'

Helena read what you had written then she nodded.
"Very well brother. I could just wait outside as well if that is preferable."
She offered.

He nodded, "That seems reasonable. And that also allows you to hear and react quickly, if necessary - or offer sage counsel if you deem it appropriate."

"Very well, that seams the best solution then."
The ice maga agreed with a nod.

He nodded, "Probably for the best - the timekeeper and the scribe are very different natures, after all."

"Very well, we will do so then."
Helena said with a nod.

He looked thoughtful. "You could base the amount on what you would give a Mercere, to get a base rate then consider the expedience, sensitivity of the request, any potential dangers it might pose for them, how complicated the instructions turn out to be, and so forth. At least two, one now and one on return if you can manage it, given what I know of the situation but we cannot always be generous as we want to be with Quintessence, so if you have something something else to offer them sometimes that also good, as long as it is suited to their natures. I am not sure what each spirit might accept, however, that would also be acceptable and safe to you to give them but something within their natures is ideal." He glanced over at Helena for her opinion on the matter.

"I agree brother, the power of the spirit in question also matter, you might get a kid in the neighborhood to run and errand for you for candy money, while if you hire a professional courier service it will cost you allot more."
The ice maga added.
"Other than that your summary would seam to cover it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:07 pm

[Kitchen]
Anja wrote:"I am aware that Old Man Wrinkle tend to show up for serious mistakes not a little bit of Dox. The situation you describe sound rather bad though Mr Wainwright, there really is no good way out of that."
Ryan said with a sigh.
"Well the best is to avoid Dox and screwing up time as best one can."
Colin nodded, "Truth... The temptation to minimize suffering is persistent, though..."

[Basement]
S7trif3 wrote:He looked thoughtful. "You could base the amount on what you would give a Mercere, to get a base rate then consider the expedience, sensitivity of the request, any potential dangers it might pose for them, how complicated the instructions turn out to be, and so forth. At least two, one now and one on return if you can manage it, given what I know of the situation but we cannot always be as generous as we want to be with Quintessence, and we are likely to need some of that later too. If you have something something else to offer them sometimes that also good, as long as it is suited to their natures, for future reference. I am not sure what each spirit might accept, however, that would also be acceptable and safe to you to give them but something within their natures is ideal." He glanced over at Helena for her opinion on the matter.

Once he took the tablet back he noted the Names and cleared well, it since they were going to be using one at a time and he did not want the working confused. "I assume this is the order of Call?"
Anja wrote:"I agree brother, the power of the spirit in question also matter, you might get a kid in the neighborhood to run and errand for you for candy money, while if you hire a professional courier service it will cost you allot more."
The ice maga added.
He thought for a moment, "So, to go and deliver a warning to the target, two drams, half payable after completion, and another up front for protecting the target until the assassination is prevented? Not asking them to kill or harm the assassins, of course, just protect the target as necessary - preferably by ensuring Enforcers can capture the culprits?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:23 am

[Crexia's Guestroom]

Anja wrote:You found the memories there of being formed, and burned and created, and of the woman who created the vase.
"Now if you have those memories, you have to think up what you want to redirect them to if someone where to read your new friend's mind, instead of seeing how it was created, what would they see?"
Crexia asked.

"Hmmmm...." Serge said as he thought about the question, "If an intruder is looking for the one who created this lamp, they wouldn't exactly stop if they were redirected to any plain old fake memory. They'll only stop once they believe they found the information to seek. So for this instance, what would be best would be a fabricated memory of the lamp's creation."

As he said that he imagined just such a thing. He muttered as he created the scene within his mind, "You'd want to hide the identity of the creator and as much aspect as you can that might lead to the creator. So not a women, a man. Not a hippie, an exhausted art student finishing a project. They'll be an exhausted look in his eyes as he works through the night, trying to recreate an old-fashioned vase design. A different room, a different spinning wheel, different motions, different fingers....but all believable enough to fool any on-lookers."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:39 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

A short silence, as Nicole took all this in. 'And what makes you so sure we're not here to put a stop to that shit, eh?' staring the guy down.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:00 am

[Basement - Ritual Room 2]

Helena read what you had written then she nodded.
"Very well brother. I could just wait outside as well if that is preferable."
She offered.

"It would not matter, you would hear me through the wall. Possibly even if you were down the hall, and besides you could not provide help then."

"Very well, that seams the best solution then."
The ice maga agreed with a nod.

He nodded.

"I agree brother, the power of the spirit in question also matter, you might get a kid in the neighborhood to run and errand for you for candy money, while if you hire a professional courier service it will cost you allot more."
The ice maga added.
He thought for a moment, "So, to go and deliver a warning to the target, two drams, half payable after completion, and another up front for protecting the target until the assassination is prevented? Not asking them to kill or harm the assassins, of course, just protect the target as necessary - preferably by ensuring Enforcers can capture the culprits?"

He raised his eyebrows then wrote" 'Protecting the target and warning or ensuring an Enforcer captures them are tall orders, especially if you don't want them to engage directly. I suggest you consider your wording very carefully as such may lead the spirit to harm itself to satisfy your order, instead of harming the offenders. They may not understand the nuance of what you desire, such as who should capture any attackers, so let us be clear as we can. As for how much payment, there is definite risk. What would you offer a friend who was good at their job?'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:39 am

[Kitchen]

Colin nodded, "Truth... The temptation to minimize suffering is persistent, though..."

"Yes there is always a temptation to do that even when it is not a good idea to do so."
Ryan said with a sigh.
"And sometimes it is worth a personal smack of Dox to help someone."

[Basement]

"It depends are you thinking each or for both of the spirits?"
Helena asked.
"And also it is important you specify the task, sending them to deliver a warning is not the same as them staying to be protectors, if you want them to stay and do that you need to specify that in the ritual."

"It would not matter, you would hear me through the wall. Possibly even if you were down the hall, and besides you could not provide help then."

"Those are both fair points brother."
Helena said.
"Your voice do carry well."

He raised his eyebrows then wrote" 'Protecting the target and warning or ensuring an Enforcer captures them are tall orders, especially if you don't want them to engage directly. I suggest you consider your wording very carefully as such may lead the spirit to harm itself to satisfy your order, instead of harming the offenders.

"That is very true, you need to be specific and remember the spirit might not understand your orders, stopping the assassins and making sure an Enforcer can get them are a to complicated order, they might not know or understand what an Enforcer are. Protect the target is an acceptable order but keep it simple."
The ice mage agreed.

They may not understand the nuance of what you desire, such as who should capture any attackers, so let us be clear as we can. As for how much payment, there is definite risk. What would you offer a friend who was good at their job?'

"Agreed the order is to complicated and to many things are outside of a spirit's point of view, keep the orders clear and simple."
Helena agreed.

Crexia's Guestroom]

"Hmmmm...." Serge said as he thought about the question, "If an intruder is looking for the one who created this lamp, they wouldn't exactly stop if they were redirected to any plain old fake memory. They'll only stop once they believe they found the information to seek. So for this instance, what would be best would be a fabricated memory of the lamp's creation."

As he said that he imagined just such a thing. He muttered as he created the scene within his mind, "You'd want to hide the identity of the creator and as much aspect as you can that might lead to the creator. So not a women, a man. Not a hippie, an exhausted art student finishing a project. They'll be an exhausted look in his eyes as he works through the night, trying to recreate an old-fashioned vase design. A different room, a different spinning wheel, different motions, different fingers....but all believable enough to fool any on-lookers."

"Very good Mr Yager, very good, now you do not want to alter the memories ou want to just place them there, the lamp need not even be aware of them and when someone read it's mind and hit on the memory of it's creation you want to create a redirect, as if the false memory is a film of illusion on top of the real one, or a trap web address creating a link to a new site."
Crexia said with a nod.
"Are you able to see magick being done and I will demonstrate the rote for you."
The ancient Hermetic offered.

[Boston]

A short silence, as Nicole took all this in. 'And what makes you so sure we're not here to put a stop to that shit, eh?' staring the guy down.

"I...ehm...well I guess I just assumed since you went into that fucking unit!"
The angry man grunted.
"So ehm...are you? Here to stop it I mean?"
He asked and he now looked allot less sure of himself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:30 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

Another short silence before Nicole replied, drawing herself up and assuming the "power stance", allowing the pistol to be visible, though not obviously. 'Come back Stateside to find my cousin missing. Sure as hell I'm gonna get to the bottom of it.' an underscore of a growl, making it clear the culprits were going to have a bad evening.

[Attempting Persuasion/Subterfuge roll; trick guy thinking she's military, or very least somebody not worth tangling with]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:47 pm

[Kitchen]
Anja wrote:"Yes there is always a temptation to do that even when it is not a good idea to do so."
Ryan said with a sigh.
"And sometimes it is worth a personal smack of Dox to help someone."
Colin grinned, "Absolutely."

Anja wrote:"It depends are you thinking each or for both of the spirits?"
Helena asked.
"And also it is important you specify the task, sending them to deliver a warning is not the same as them staying to be protectors, if you want them to stay and do that you need to specify that in the ritual."
S7trif3 wrote:He raised his eyebrows then wrote" 'Protecting the target and warning or ensuring an Enforcer captures them are tall orders, especially if you don't want them to engage directly. I suggest you consider your wording very carefully as such may lead the spirit to harm itself to satisfy your order, instead of harming the offenders. They may not understand the nuance of what you desire, such as who should capture any attackers, so let us be clear as we can. As for how much payment, there is definite risk. What would you offer a friend who was good at their job?'
Anja wrote:"That is very true, you need to be specific and remember the spirit might not understand your orders, stopping the assassins and making sure an Enforcer can get them are a to complicated order, they might not know or understand what an Enforcer are. Protect the target is an acceptable order but keep it simple."
The ice mage agreed.
"Agreed the order is to complicated and to many things are outside of a spirit's point of view, keep the orders clear and simple."
Helena agreed.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Each, definitely. And my point was supposed to be that they don't need to fight the assailants if they do not wish to, so long as they can ensure the safety of the target and of themselves. But for - let us sum it up succinctly - going to Horizon, warning the target, and protect her until the assailants are stopped... And I'm not sure how much value spirits put on a single dram. Four or five total each, then, you think? Might require them to manifest, as well, after all..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:29 pm

[Warehouse]

Another short silence before Nicole replied, drawing herself up and assuming the "power stance", allowing the pistol to be visible, though not obviously. 'Come back Stateside to find my cousin missing. Sure as hell I'm gonna get to the bottom of it.' an underscore of a growl, making it clear the culprits were going to have a bad evening.

The young man looked at your gun and then regarded you again, he never appeared to be violent, just angry now he seamed to calm down a bit.
"So you are family with one of the victims?"
He asked sounding a little doubtful still but at least he was not shouting anymore.
"Ok...listen I am sorry when I saw you guys enter that unit I assumed you where part of the gang renting it, and with the kidnappings that have been happening lately...well I lost my temper. shit like that is just wrong lady, just wrong!"
The guy said angrily.
"And the police just do nothing, what do they care if a few street rats go missing, they are to busy making sure no one step on some rich bitch's rose bushes or something, you know important stuff."

[Kitchen]

Colin grinned, "Absolutely."

"I have been laid out with Paradox a few times for casting spells to help someone, when I probably should not have done so, but it is hard to walk away when you know you can actually help."
Ryan said with a sigh.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Each, definitely. And my point was supposed to be that they don't need to fight the assailants if they do not wish to, so long as they can ensure the safety of the target and of themselves. But for - let us sum it up succinctly - going to Horizon, warning the target, and protect her until the assailants are stopped... And I'm not sure how much value spirits put on a single dram. Four or five total each, then, you think? Might require them to manifest, as well, after all..."

"It is better to ask them to protect target, they will then do so within their purpose, unless compelled to they will not act outside of their purpose Mr Wainwright."
Helena said with a nod.
"So having the instruction be to protect, will not in itself compel them to use violence unless that is within their nature to do."
She added.
"Manifesting takes allot of power out of them, so do manifesting their charms. Hum...most spirits unless we are talking high up the food chain will be ok with one Dram of Tass for simple tasks but they will easily use that or more to fully manifest for any length of time or use their powers."
The ice mage explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:27 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'You know of other kidnappings? How long has this been going on?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:38 pm

[Kitchen]
Anja wrote:"I have been laid out with Paradox a few times for casting spells to help someone, when I probably should not have done so, but it is hard to walk away when you know you can actually help."
Ryan said with a sigh.
Colin nodded, "Well... all else being equal, 'Saving a life was worth it' is not a bad epitaph..."

Anja wrote:"It is better to ask them to protect target, they will then do so within their purpose, unless compelled to they will not act outside of their purpose Mr Wainwright."
Helena said with a nod.
"So having the instruction be to protect, will not in itself compel them to use violence unless that is within their nature to do."
She added.
"Manifesting takes allot of power out of them, so do manifesting their charms. Hum...most spirits unless we are talking high up the food chain will be ok with one Dram of Tass for simple tasks but they will easily use that or more to fully manifest for any length of time or use their powers."
The ice mage explained.
He nodded, "Two for the task, and three more in case they need to exert themselves, then... And a gift, perhaps... I'll try to come up with something."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:01 pm

[Warehouse]

You know of other kidnappings? How long has this been going on?'

"Yeah there have been people disappearing for a few weeks now, most of them homeless or you know living in shitty motels kind of poor, no one do anything about it, but I am here often and I have seen people dragged into that unit there, I called the police about it but they told me to fuck of."
The young man said bitterly.
"I don't know who is most guilty those assholes taking folks of the streets or the police who don't give a shit!"

[Kitchen]

Colin nodded, "Well... all else being equal, 'Saving a life was worth it' is not a bad epitaph..."

"I have to admit that the feeling of saving a life is one of the best highs ever, it sort of make me feel there is more to these powers I got than my own personal developments, that I can use my magick to help others."
Ryan said with a huge grin.

He nodded, "Two for the task, and three more in case they need to exert themselves, then... And a gift, perhaps... I'll try to come up with something."

"They might not understand the idea of in case, remember for them time is not a linear experience."
Helena said then she nodded.
"Most spirits appreciate gifts, like my Mentor lighting, candles for the imps. Find out what would represent the spirits best and sacrifice it to them, remember cost is not important, they will not understand that, a water elemental for example might be as pleased with a glass of water as a pearl."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:49 pm

[Crexia Guestroom]

Anja wrote:"Very good Mr Yager, very good, now you do not want to alter the memories ou want to just place them there, the lamp need not even be aware of them and when someone read it's mind and hit on the memory of it's creation you want to create a redirect, as if the false memory is a film of illusion on top of the real one, or a trap web address creating a link to a new site."
Crexia said with a nod.
"Are you able to see magick being done and I will demonstrate the rote for you."
The ancient Hermetic offered.

"I'm afraid I can't perceive magick. At least not at the level that Prime users can." He replied. "But if you demonstrate the rote I'm sure I'll be able to replicate it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:20 pm

Lady Crexia's Guestroom]

"I would recomend you learning Prime young man, it can be a most useful tool for understanding magick and working with it."
Crexia said then she nodded.
"Very well I will see if I can show you. Now when you do this on a real person you want to be able to do so without reading their mind, just have them tag the memories to hide, but for now let us work with the memories the wave have."
The lich said and she picked up her embroidery and started stitching and as she did so she looked at the vase.
"It is simple enough I am making anyone reading it's mind see what I want them to see rather than what is really there...I will cast the spell once then remove it again and let you try."
She explained.
"Now try reading your new friend's mind again Mr Yager."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:12 pm

[Lady Crexia's Guestroom]

Anja wrote:"I would recomend you learning Prime young man, it can be a most useful tool for understanding magick and working with it."
Crexia said

"Its definitely on my radar." Serge said with nod.

Anja wrote:"Very well I will see if I can show you. Now when you do this on a real person you want to be able to do so without reading their mind, just have them tag the memories to hide, but for now let us work with the memories the wave have."
The lich said and she picked up her embroidery and started stitching and as she did so she looked at the vase.
"It is simple enough I am making anyone reading it's mind see what I want them to see rather than what is really there...I will cast the spell once then remove it again and let you try."
She explained.
"Now try reading your new friend's mind again Mr Yager."

Serge nodded as he listened to his undead teacher, remaining quiet as to better absorb the information. He watched as she did her embroidery, curious as to what she was creating and if it related to the spell.

When she told him to read the mind of the vase he looked down at it and said, "Alright vase-y. Let's see who created you now."

He reimagined his new friend in all his sentient glory, and concentrated, focusing his mind and peering into the conciousness of the vase to find the memory of who created him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:23 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'The second. First lot of shits don't give the promise of coming to help when needed.' the Etherite replied. 'But shit... weeks?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:35 pm

"Its definitely on my radar." Serge said with nod.

"It is the first Ars I teach my students even if it is mental Ars which are my specialty."
Crexia replied.

Serge nodded as he listened to his undead teacher, remaining quiet as to better absorb the information. He watched as she did her embroidery, curious as to what she was creating and if it related to the spell.

When she told him to read the mind of the vase he looked down at it and said, "Alright vase-y. Let's see who created you now."

He reimagined his new friend in all his sentient glory, and concentrated, focusing his mind and peering into the conciousness of the vase to find the memory of who created him.

You saw in the vase's mind a memory of being made in a factory but being delegated to the B quality rack due to uneven color. It looked and felt like a real memory right down to the sounds and smells of the factory, as if what you where looking at was what had really happened.
"You see, quite simple Mr Yager."
The archmage said, her hands had paused on the embroidery, it was the planetary symbol for Mercury encased in a spiral and it did seam to have something to do with the old creature's spellcasting indeed.
"Are you ready to try for yourself now?"

[Boston]

The young man looked at you for a moment then he gave a dismayed grunt.
"Yeah you are right about that, the police promise to protect us but they don't lift a finger."
He said angrily.
"Yeah folks have been going missing for weeks, just disappearing without a trace, well until I saw one of them dragged here that is and I have heard screams from that unit...so hell if I know what they are up to, human trafficking? Something but it is not good."
He added angrily.
"I am sorry about your relative lady, if she was one of those taken, I don't know where she might have ended up or what could have happened to her, I wish I could do more to help, but those guys where heavily armed if I had tried to stop them I would just get killed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, knowing all-too-well the "seeing evil but not having the power to do a thing" situation. 'If these people looked like folk who would waste you, why did you pick a fight with us?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:14 pm

[Warehouse]

"I don't know, I know it was not very smart. I guess I just had enough and I just snapped."
The young man said with a sigh.
"I feel so powerless all of this shit is happening and everyone here is just trying to live their lives, and I mean I have it better than most because I am a man and white so I don't get harassed quite as often as many of the others, and then we have these kidnappers on top of all the other shit, it just boiled over you know...sorry about that."
He muttered apologetically but he was clearly still angry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Anja wrote:You saw in the vase's mind a memory of being made in a factory but being delegated to the B quality rack due to uneven color. It looked and felt like a real memory right down to the sounds and smells of the factory, as if what you where looking at was what had really happened.
"You see, quite simple Mr Yager."
The archmage said, her hands had paused on the embroidery, it was the planetary symbol for Mercury encased in a spiral and it did seam to have something to do with the old creature's spellcasting indeed.
"Are you ready to try for yourself now?"

"Yeah, I think I'm ready." Serge said with a nod as he pulled out his notepad.

When Lady Crexia gave him the ok, He began to draw the scene he had described prior. An exhausted student working late into the night to finish his art project. As he drew he tried to capture everything, so that his spell would be as detailed as Lady Crexia's.

Tired bags under the students eyes, working away right into the dead of night. He was surrounded by completed vases and other sculptures, no doubt the completed works of his fellow classmates. His exhaustion caused the uneven color but the student looked like he was past caring.

He tried to imagine the other senses, the smell of clay and heat from the art room. The sounds of the spinning wheel turning.

Taking inspiration from Lady Crexia, one of the vases in the background had images of the MCU version of Loki, another fellow mythological trickster God. Not only was it appropriate symbolism, but also believable that a modern art student would create such a thing, adding credibility to the scene.

While his picture could only capture a single frozen moment, his mind created the whole scene of what he wanted the memory to look like and at the edge of his drawings completion he coaxed those memories through his drawing and into the vases memory, linking it with the vases original memory so that anyone searching for the memory of its creation would simply find his fabricated one.

(OOC: Mind 3 + Entropy 2 effect. Trying to place a false memory into vase-y's mind of his creation. Anyone trying to read his mind will find Serge's fabrication. Entropy is added to make the memory more believable, by increasing the probability that an intruder believes the memory is real.

Aret Roll: 8, 3, 10, 1 - 2, 10, 4, 5 - 7, 2, 3, 5 - 1, 10, 5, 7)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm

[Basement -  Ritual Room 2]

"It is better to ask them to protect target, they will then do so within their purpose, unless compelled to they will not act outside of their purpose Mr Wainwright."
Helena said with a nod.
She added.
The ice mage explained.
He nodded, "Two for the task, and three more in case they need to exert themselves, then... And a gift, perhaps... I'll try to come up with something.

Adley rubbed a hand across his chin where his beard was growing in and then wrote out, 'That seems about right, for the time of a week or so at least from our perspective given what I know of our agreements to our guardians. They are major jagglings, almost Lords, and their jobs are dangerous. I am not sure how powerful the time spirit is but they are jagglings of some kind as well, possibly near that rank considering their duties. The other is a standard mid-range jaggling by my understanding. If the two spirits are to interact with one another, they need to get along as well, ones with too different resonances or qualities will not work well together.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:57 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'Of course you feel powerless; that's the whole fucking idea - resistance is futile and all that.' the Etherite replied. 'But there are ways and means to deal with this shit which won't end with you on a slab or shallow grave. Usually.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:34 pm

"Yeah, I think I'm ready." Serge said with a nod as he pulled out his notepad.

The ancient lich Lady just nodded slightly.

When Lady Crexia gave him the ok, He began to draw the scene he had described prior. An exhausted student working late into the night to finish his art project. As he drew he tried to capture everything, so that his spell would be as detailed as Lady Crexia's.

Tired bags under the students eyes, working away right into the dead of night. He was surrounded by completed vases and other sculptures, no doubt the completed works of his fellow classmates. His exhaustion caused the uneven color but the student looked like he was past caring.

He tried to imagine the other senses, the smell of clay and heat from the art room. The sounds of the spinning wheel turning.

Taking inspiration from Lady Crexia, one of the vases in the background had images of the MCU version of Loki, another fellow mythological trickster God. Not only was it appropriate symbolism, but also believable that a modern art student would create such a thing, adding credibility to the scene.

While his picture could only capture a single frozen moment, his mind created the whole scene of what he wanted the memory to look like and at the edge of his drawings completion he coaxed those memories through his drawing and into the vases memory, linking it with the vases original memory so that anyone searching for the memory of its creation would simply find his fabricated one.

Crexia observed you while you worked without a word carefully putting the dummy memory in place in Vase-y's mind. Once you was done she finally spoke.
"The memory is well crafted Mr Yager however as I look at your work I immediately get alerted that this memory have been altered by magick. You have included Ars Fa...ehm Entropy into your working that targets the one reading the mind of this person, trying to increase the chance that they believe it is real, that triggers my Parma. Trust in your illusion, if it is good enough you need no such tricks to make the watcher believe...try again!"
The ancient Hermetic said sternly.
"Do not work magick on the caster just set up something for them to see instead of what you wish to hide or the whole job of trying to make the false memory appear real is for nothing, yes if they have no magickal defenses your addition might increase the chance your illusion are believed, but if they are reading a person's mind for information, chances are they also have personal wards."

Adley rubbed a hand across his chin where his beard was growing in and then wrote out, 'That seems about right, for the time of a week or so at least from our perspective given what I know of our agreements to our guardians. They are major jagglings, almost Lords, and their jobs are dangerous. I am not sure how powerful the time spirit is but they are jagglings of some kind as well, possibly near that rank considering their duties. The other is a standard mid-range jaggling by my understanding. If the two spirits are to interact with one another, they need to get along as well, ones with too different resonances or qualities will not work well together.'

"I agree be careful with mixing spirits from differed planes of the Umbra together, a Dynamic High Umbral being will not work well with a low Umbral Entropic spirit for example or a very Static one."
Helena agreed.
"I also agree that the payment seam to be about right for the tasks asked of these Umbroods."

[Warehouse]

'Of course you feel powerless; that's the whole fucking idea - resistance is futile and all that.' the Etherite replied.

"Yeah I know...but it just frustrate me that the system works like that, the game is rigged and no one cares unless you are among the winners."
The young man with the green mohawk replied in a grumble.

'But there are ways and means to deal with this shit which won't end with you on a slab or shallow grave. Usually.'

"Really? What ways are that?"
The guy wanted to know.
"I mean I would really like to do something if there is something to do."
He added though he seamed rather doubtful that there was.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next