Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

5 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 4 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:49 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'But today is just another day, unless you try to find a way.' Nicole replied, which the guy might notice as a quote from the Pennywise song Fuck Authority.

Anja's Post:

'What am I, a message board?' the large woman replied, rolling her eyes. 'Well, first stop would be to hit Lucy Parsons over in Jamaica Plain.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 4 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:17 pm

[Kitchen]
Anja wrote:"I have to admit that the feeling of saving a life is one of the best highs ever, it sort of make me feel there is more to these powers I got than my own personal developments, that I can use my magick to help others."
Ryan said with a huge grin.
Colin nodded, "The best part of being a Mage - you do, in fact, have the means to make the world a better place, just a little at a time... I just wish more Magi would take up that mantle."

[Basement - Ritual Room 2]
Anja wrote:"They might not understand the idea of in case, remember for them time is not a linear experience."
Helena said then she nodded.
"Most spirits appreciate gifts, like my Mentor lighting, candles for the imps. Find out what would represent the spirits best and sacrifice it to them, remember cost is not important, they will not understand that, a water elemental for example might be as pleased with a glass of water as a pearl."
S7trif3 wrote:Adley rubbed a hand across his chin where his beard was growing in and then wrote out, 'That seems about right, for the time of a week or so at least from our perspective given what I know of our agreements to our guardians. They are major jagglings, almost Lords, and their jobs are dangerous. I am not sure how powerful the time spirit is but they are jagglings of some kind as well, possibly near that rank considering their duties. The other is a standard mid-range jaggling by my understanding. If the two spirits are to interact with one another, they need to get along as well, ones with too different resonances or qualities will not work well together.'
Anja wrote:"I agree be careful with mixing spirits from differed planes of the Umbra together, a Dynamic High Umbral being will not work well with a low Umbral Entropic spirit for example or a very Static one."
Helena agreed.
"I also agree that the payment seam to be about right for the tasks asked of these Umbroods."
He nodded thoughtfully, "The time spirit's tasked with keeping the seconds separate, to help ensure that things happen in sequence as they are supposed to - seemed fitting for a spirit serving Wrinkle. The chronicler preserves people's stories, carved into lasting surfaces. I believe both are quite Static, as such - and they've met without conflict. I believe they will be able to work toward a shared goal without getting in one another's way."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:22 am

[Lady Crexia's Guestroom]

Anja wrote:Crexia observed you while you worked without a word carefully putting the dummy memory in place in Vase-y's mind. Once you was done she finally spoke.
"The memory is well crafted Mr Yager however as I look at your work I immediately get alerted that this memory have been altered by magick. You have included Ars Fa...ehm Entropy into your working that targets the one reading the mind of this person, trying to increase the chance that they believe it is real, that triggers my Parma. Trust in your illusion, if it is good enough you need no such tricks to make the watcher believe...try again!"
The ancient Hermetic said sternly.
"Do not work magick on the caster just set up something for them to see instead of what you wish to hide or the whole job of trying to make the false memory appear real is for nothing, yes if they have no magickal defenses your addition might increase the chance your illusion are believed, but if they are reading a person's mind for information, chances are they also have personal wards."

"Y-yes Ma'am. Sorry I just wanted to....err, nevermind." Serge said nervously, feeling strange sense of guilt and embarrassment that he hadn't felt since his school days.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath of air, to calm his nerves. As he exhaled he focused his mind, sharpening it and working his magick again. He concentrated hard on his picture and on the scene he had created in his mind.

"Let me show you a story vase-y. I think you'll like it." he said to the vase as if it were a close friend, letting his imagination flow from his mind and into the vases.

(OOC: Mind 3 effect. Trying again to place a false memory into vase-y's mind of his creation. Anyone trying to read his mind will simply find Serge's fabrication.

Arete Roll: 7, 1, 7, 2 - 2, 4, 2, 9 - 6, 3, 8, 9 - 1, 4, 9, 5 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:23 am

He nodded thoughtfully, "The time spirit's tasked with keeping the seconds separate, to help ensure that things happen in sequence as they are supposed to - seemed fitting for a spirit serving Wrinkle. The chronicler preserves people's stories, carved into lasting surfaces. I believe both are quite Static, as such - and they've met without conflict. I believe they will be able to work toward a shared goal without getting in one another's way."

"Very good. I think that's everything, other than if you would like me to act as translator or ask them if they will speak to you directly in your tongue, after I Call them on your behalf. Otherwise, if you have everything clear in mind, then let us prepare the circle and begin."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:15 am

[Warehouse]

'But today is just another day, unless you try to find a way.' Nicole replied, which the guy might notice as a quote from the Pennywise song Fuck Authority.

This made the guy grin and he nodded clearly recognizing the lyrics.
"Fuck yes."
He muttered.

'What am I, a message board?' the large woman replied, rolling her eyes. 'Well, first stop would be to hit Lucy Parsons over in Jamaica Plain.'

"Yeah, it might be a good idea, perhaps gather up a posse and find these guys and actually stop them."
The green haired guy said angrily.
"Yeah I can do that."

[Kitchen]

Colin nodded, "The best part of being a Mage - you do, in fact, have the means to make the world a better place, just a little at a time... I just wish more Magi would take up that mantle."

"Yes you are right about that."
Ryan said with a nod.
"Many seam more concerned with gathering power for themselves though while missing that the best part of that power is all the good you can do with it to help others and make the world a better place."

He nodded thoughtfully, "The time spirit's tasked with keeping the seconds separate, to help ensure that things happen in sequence as they are supposed to - seemed fitting for a spirit serving Wrinkle.

"Yes that would be rather appropriate indeed Mr Wainwright."
Helena agreed.

The chronicler preserves people's stories, carved into lasting surfaces. I believe both are quite Static, as such - and they've met without conflict. I believe they will be able to work toward a shared goal without getting in one another's way."

"Very good then Mr Wainwright it seams those two should indeed be able to work together."
The ice maga agreed.

"Very good. I think that's everything, other than if you would like me to act as translator or ask them if they will speak to you directly in your tongue, after I Call them on your behalf. Otherwise, if you have everything clear in mind, then let us prepare the circle and begin."

Helena nodded at this and she stepped out of the way so her brother and the Orphan could do their working without her getting in the way.

"Y-yes Ma'am. Sorry I just wanted to....err, nevermind." Serge said nervously, feeling strange sense of guilt and embarrassment that he hadn't felt since his school days.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath of air, to calm his nerves. As he exhaled he focused his mind, sharpening it and working his magick again. He concentrated hard on his picture and on the scene he had created in his mind.

"Let me show you a story vase-y. I think you'll like it." he said to the vase as if it were a close friend, letting his imagination flow from his mind and into the vases.

You worked your spell again the old lich observing. Once you where done she again tried to read Vase-y's mind then she nodded.
"Good...very good that is the basics for it...now let us work on making a trap as well as a secondary variation of this spell letting an intruder see something terrible rather than what they are looking for, with this you can add other elements as it will be rather clear that they are encountering magick so there is no subterfuge to keep going and the more force behind your trap the better."
Crexia said.
"If you are ready young man? Then I would like you to think up something quite nasty, scary and unsettling, something that would give an intruder pause before they tried to dig in the target's mind again."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:33 am

Anja wrote:You worked your spell again the old lich observing. Once you where done she again tried to read Vase-y's mind then she nodded.
"Good...very good that is the basics for it...now let us work on making a trap as well as a secondary variation of this spell letting an intruder see something terrible rather than what they are looking for, with this you can add other elements as it will be rather clear that they are encountering magick so there is no subterfuge to keep going and the more force behind your trap the better."
Crexia said.
"If you are ready young man? Then I would like you to think up something quite nasty, scary and unsettling, something that would give an intruder pause before they tried to dig in the target's mind again."

"I got some ideas. I think I'm ready to go." Serge said with a nod.

He flipped over to a new page and began to draw something. If Lady Crexia cared to look she would see the artist drawings what appeared to be formless shadowy figure. He got about halfway through before suddenly scribbling out the drawing muttering, "No...let's try something else.", under his breath.

He flipped to a new page and began a new drawing. This time he 4 disembodied head screaming at a man at the center of the page, who was trying to cover his bloody ears in a fruitless attempt to escape the din. Each of the 4 heads were quite plain and androgynous, making it difficult to determine if there gender or race and making it easy to picture just about anyone's face on them.

He lifted up the vase yet again and showed it the picture, "You wanna hear a scary story this time vase-y?"

As he held the paper a loft, he caused the scene depicted on the page to come to life within his mind. Silence at first. Pitch blackness. Then.....screams....loud enough to pierce eardrums coming from all direction. Screams that would cause any intruder to not only pause, but to cover their own ears in a desperate attempt to drown out the sounds coming from inside their head.

They came to life within his head and he transferred them over to his new friend.

(OOC: Mind 3 + Entropy 2 effect. Placing a memory inside vase-y head so that anyone attempting to read his mind will instead see a memory of pitch blackness and a few quiet seconds later hear 4 insanely loud unsettling screams coming from all direction. Loud enough to break a person concentration and

Entropy 2 is added to increase the likelihood that the screams sounds like someone the intruder knows and cares about. Important distinction, this spell doesn't read the memory of the intruder, the entropy portion simply increases the likelihood that the screams [which will be random] sound like someone the intruder knows.

Arete Roll: 4, 3, 4, 7 - 9, 8, 1, 7 - 3, 4, 10, 5 - 3, 5, 3, 4)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:59 am

"I got some ideas. I think I'm ready to go." Serge said with a nod.

"Excellent proceed."
Crexia replied.

He flipped over to a new page and began to draw something. If Lady Crexia cared to look she would see the artist drawings what appeared to be formless shadowy figure. He got about halfway through before suddenly scribbling out the drawing muttering, "No...let's try something else.", under his breath.

Crexia looked at your drawing and she raised an eyebrow at you scrapping it but she said nothing.

He flipped to a new page and began a new drawing. This time he 4 disembodied head screaming at a man at the center of the page, who was trying to cover his bloody ears in a fruitless attempt to escape the din. Each of the 4 heads were quite plain and androgynous, making it difficult to determine if there gender or race and making it easy to picture just about anyone's face on them.

He lifted up the vase yet again and showed it the picture, "You wanna hear a scary story this time vase-y?"

As he held the paper a loft, he caused the scene depicted on the page to come to life within his mind. Silence at first. Pitch blackness. Then.....screams....loud enough to pierce eardrums coming from all direction. Screams that would cause any intruder to not only pause, but to cover their own ears in a desperate attempt to drown out the sounds coming from inside their head.

They came to life within his head and he transferred them over to his new friend.

The lich waited until you had cast your spell then she waved her hands through some hand gestures to read Vase-s min again and she nodded approvingly.
"Not bad Mr Yager, not bad at all.
She said.
"Very well then, now we are going to make it a bit mor tricky, ask your new friend to tag a memory, just tell him to think tag, then attach the decoy memory to the tag without reading the mind of the target enuring their privacy."
The archmaga instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:16 am

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'There's already a posse working on this one; these fuckers have pissed off quite a few folk...' Nicole replied. 'But if you'd like let others know about this earlier, p'haps it wouldn't have got to this stage...' giving a little tired sigh.

'Look, gotta continue following the trail before it goes cold. And remember; evil wins when good folk do nothing.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:28 am

[Kitchen]
Anja wrote:"Yes you are right about that."
Ryan said with a nod.
"Many seam more concerned with gathering power for themselves though while missing that the best part of that power is all the good you can do with it to help others and make the world a better place."
Colin nodded, "Well, they say change begins with you... In any case, i have a life to save. Until later."

S7trif3 wrote:"Very good. I think that's everything, other than if you would like me to act as translator or ask them if they will speak to you directly in your tongue, after I Call them on your behalf. Otherwise, if you have everything clear in mind, then let us prepare the circle and begin."
Anja wrote:Helena nodded at this and she stepped out of the way so her brother and the Orphan could do their working without her getting in the way.
He nodded, "They both speak English - or perhaps they simply speak 'Incarnate' - but if you think it wiser to translate into Enochian, then by all means."
He took a moment to calm himself, then drew up a large circle on the floor, a simple but perfect shape, "There... hum, feels like there should be a star within - how many points, you think?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:13 am

[Warehouse]

'There's already a posse working on this one; these fuckers have pissed off quite a few folk...' Nicole replied. 'But if you'd like let others know about this earlier, p'haps it wouldn't have got to this stage...' giving a little tired sigh.

"I did try to let people know about it, as I said nothing came of it!"
The young man said angrily.
"For what it is worth though I hope you get them and stop them and give them a good trashing in the process!"
He grumbled.

Look, gotta continue following the trail before it goes cold. And remember; evil wins when good folk do nothing.'

"Don't let me stand in your way and yes I know, and I did what I could."
He said angrily then he picked up his box of art supplies again and started heading out of the building.
"Good luck lady."
He said as he left.

[Kitchen]

Colin nodded, "Well, they say change begins with you... In any case, i have a life to save. Until later."

"True that, and I have these sticks to spread around and then I have guard duty in about fifteen minutes."
Ryan said.
"See you Mr Wainwright, good luck with saving that person."
The Cultist Adept said as he walked away waving with hands full of incense sticks.

He nodded, "They both speak English - or perhaps they simply speak 'Incarnate' - but if you think it wiser to translate into Enochian, then by all means."

"They speak incarnate, I hear their words in Latin if I don't use Enochian."
Helena explained.
"But speaking of Enochian that is more...accurate when you are dealing with spirits, it have nuances that mundane languages don't."

He took a moment to calm himself, then drew up a large circle on the floor, a simple but perfect shape, "There... hum, feels like there should be a star within - how many points, you think?"

"An Octagram would link in with time."
Helena said.
"It stands for both beginnings and reincarnation, stability and good fortune."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:34 am

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'Miss the point, you do; not "tell the cops" or shit but "tell as many as possible". In the hope that the news filters through to the folk who do give a shit and have the means to do something about it.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, watching the guy leave the warehouse. Once he was out of earshot, the Etherite shook her head. 'Fucking groupthink strikes again. If he's right, the abductions have been going on for weeks and we were none the fucking wiser...' ending with a look that she wanted to spit.

'Let's seal up the unit and get the fuck out of here.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:25 pm

[Warehouse]

'Miss the point, you do; not "tell the cops" or shit but "tell as many as possible". In the hope that the news filters through to the folk who do give a shit and have the means to do something about it.'

"I did warn as many as I could, it is not like I stayed silent about the shit I have seen!"
The young man replied evenly he was clearly insulted.
"But believe whatever the fuck you want lady, and if you really can do something about this then great."
He said before he marched out of there.

Nicole nodded to this, watching the guy leave the warehouse. Once he was out of earshot, the Etherite shook her head. 'Fucking groupthink strikes again. If he's right, the abductions have been going on for weeks and we were none the fucking wiser...' ending with a look that she wanted to spit.

"Yeah it is disturbing off course but I am not sure if it change allot after all we knew Jace must have planned his move for quite some time."
Henrietta said with a frown.

'Let's seal up the unit and get the fuck out of here.'

"Agreed I will keep watch while you deal with the door."
The Hollower agreed.
"We should not stay to long or we might end up being disappeared to."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:15 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'Yes, but we didn't spot any signs. It was simply matter of fucking luck we got any prior warning - otherwise the attack would have been a proper surprise one.' Nicole replied, holstering her pistol and pulling down the roller of the unit. 'What we have here is a complete failure of intel.' a slam as the roller-door shut. 'A bone-headed mistake which needs to be corrected.' pulling out the tube from her pocket, squatting down by the door and applying half of the substance to each side to seal it.

[Attempting 'Rubberon']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Anja wrote:The lich waited until you had cast your spell then she waved her hands through some hand gestures to read Vase-s min again and she nodded approvingly.
"Not bad Mr Yager, not bad at all.
She said.
"Very well then, now we are going to make it a bit mor tricky, ask your new friend to tag a memory, just tell him to think tag, then attach the decoy memory to the tag without reading the mind of the target enuring their privacy."
The archmaga instructed.

"T-thank you. Wanted to do something a bit more creative but decided to tone it down for the lesson." Serge said messaging his own temples to try and calm his own headache after dreaming up screams that loud. He smiled at the Master's reserved praise, although he did secretly wish she had reacted a bit more when viewing the memory.

"Alright, that shouldn't be too difficult." he said lifting up the vase again. "Hey vase-y, you mind thinking about your creation again? Just keep it on the forefront of your mind and think tag."

After he did so Serge carefully recalled the fabricated memory of the exhausted art student, meditating on it and with the grace and care befitting his years of endless study, carefully searched for and attached it to the memory that vase-y had tagged, without looking at the memory itself.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:31 pm

[Warehouse]

Yes, but we didn't spot any signs. It was simply matter of fucking luck we got any prior warning - otherwise the attack would have been a proper surprise one.'

"That is how we stopped things a few months back as well, if one of the Nephandi had not gotten shot and then went to the villa Node where he failed to heal himself so your Cabalmates found him we would not have known that something was up then either."
Henrietta said.
"I am thankful for said luck but I wish we did not have to depend on it."
She added wryly.

Nicole replied, holstering her pistol and pulling down the roller of the unit. 'What we have here is a complete failure of intel.' a slam as the roller-door shut. 'A bone-headed mistake which needs to be corrected.' pulling out the tube from her pocket, squatting down by the door and applying half of the substance to each side to seal it.

"Our enemies managed to conceal themselves, it happens we are on to them now."
The Hollower said as she kept watch. You sealed up the door and the sealed quickly hardened and became almost metal like, that door was not going up again anytime soon.

"T-thank you. Wanted to do something a bit more creative but decided to tone it down for the lesson." Serge said messaging his own temples to try and calm his own headache after dreaming up screams that loud. He smiled at the Master's reserved praise, although he did secretly wish she had reacted a bit more when viewing the memory.

"That was probably wise Mr Yager."
Crexia said simply.

"Alright, that shouldn't be too difficult." he said lifting up the vase again. "Hey vase-y, you mind thinking about your creation again? Just keep it on the forefront of your mind and think tag."

The vase seamed to be quite willing to do so.

After he did so Serge carefully recalled the fabricated memory of the exhausted art student, meditating on it and with the grace and care befitting his years of endless study, carefully searched for and attached it to the memory that vase-y had tagged, without looking at the memory itself.

You found the tag and placed the memory. Crexia observed and she read Vase-ys mind again then she nodded.
"That will do young man. Well then it seams you grasp the rote well enough, though off course you must practice to make it perfect, do you have any questions at this point?"
She asked as she regarded you.

(OOC: I am sorry for the late reply I was playing D&D, my half elf warlock wants to pet our goblin cleric.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:33 pm

Anja wrote:You found the tag and placed the memory. Crexia observed and she read Vase-ys mind again then she nodded.
"That will do young man. Well then it seams you grasp the rote well enough, though off course you must practice to make it perfect, do you have any questions at this point?"
She asked as she regarded you.

"I will make sure to practice it often. I do need to get into the habit of shielding my own mind, especially with everything that has happened as of late. It'll be something to do in the morning." Serge said with a nod. "I do have a question. Is this rote meant to shield specific memories? Since the memories we were creating were highly specialized. I can imagine it being hard to protect your mind in general with this rote if you don't know what the intruder wants."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm

They speak incarnate, I hear their words in Latin if I don't use Enochian." Helena explained. "But speaking of Enochian that is more...accurate when you are dealing with spirits, it have nuances that mundane languages don't."

"It is up to you; you can ask me to try to get something particular across in Enochian if there is any trouble or you want to make sure something is accurate. Just remember to word things clearly and see if you both have the same understanding to avoid misinterpretation. Enochian can be clearer but my own fluency is a limit too, after all. Just let me know what you wish me to do."

"An Octagram would link in with time."
Helena said.

He nodded at the circle - it was good and hadn't bothered to use a string to mark a circumference yet it looked as close as one could get to freehanding it accurately. "I will defer to my sora's greater knowledge on time spirits. I have only have very basic knowledge of them and associated gods like Aion, which pop up in Greek writings." he said with a small smile, then he asked her, "Eight is also for the fixed stars, and planetary workings is it not?" as  he then moved so Colin could inscribe what he wished to put down.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:25 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, I'm a bit less laid back on that.' Nicole replied, testing the impromptu Rubberon welds. 'I'll take the help of luck when it's there, but not a chance in hell I'll count on it.'

'Let's pull out and get back to base.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:46 pm

[Warehouse]

'Yeah, I'm a bit less laid back on that.' Nicole replied, testing the impromptu Rubberon welds. 'I'll take the help of luck when it's there, but not a chance in hell I'll count on it.'

"Neither do I Nicole but sometimes it is all you have to hope for."
Henrietta replied. The door seamed to be solidly in place.

Let's pull out and get back to base.'

"Agreed."
The Hollower said as she moved towards the exist and the car. Jon shrugged and he tagged along.

He nodded at the circle - it was good and hadn't bothered to use a string to mark a circumference yet it looked as close as one could get to freehanding it accurately. "I will defer to my sora's greater knowledge on time spirits. I have only have very basic knowledge of them and associated gods like Aion, which pop up in Greek writings." he said with a small smile, then he asked her, "Eight is also for the fixed stars, and planetary workings is it not?" as he then moved so Colin could inscribe what he wished to put down.

"That is correct brother."
Helena said.
"In fact the eight pointed star is one of the most commonly used religious symbols, Christians and Judaism use it, in Hinduism it is known as the Star of Lakshmi and it is one of the most potent symbols of wealth and of transportation, it represents the weight Seasonal Festivals and the slow turn of the year in Wicca as the Wheel of the Year, in Buddhism it represents the Eight Fold Path to escape suffering and reach Enlightenment. In Alchemy it represent Solve et Coagula and Solificato see it as a symbol of the Avatar itself."
Your sister lectured.
"It is a many faceted symbol indeed."

"I will make sure to practice it often. I do need to get into the habit of shielding my own mind, especially with everything that has happened as of late.

"That would be a good habit to have indeed young man."
Crexia said simply.

It'll be something to do in the morning." Serge said with a nod.

"Morning rituals are indeed a good idea."
The lich agreed.
"I perform my Parma Magica every morning as the first thing I do when the sun rise, I do not need to seep but I do rest and I have a handful of rituals I perform upon rising."

"I do have a question. Is this rote meant to shield specific memories? Since the memories we were creating were highly specialized. I can imagine it being hard to protect your mind in general with this rote if you don't know what the intruder wants."

The archmaga gave you a bit of a bewildered look.
"Yes Mr Yager that was the point from the start that this will protect one specific memory so that some of the things discussed in Master Morgan's office can be kept safe, where you not paying attention? For I assure you I have zero tolerance for not making an effort young man."
She said quite sternly giving you a measured look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:28 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'Prefer to make my own luck, me. If we'd had more folk with feelers out, might have heard about this shit weeks ago. And I fucking hate relying on the enemy to screw up.' the Etherite replied, heading out to the car.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:41 pm

[Warehouse]

Prefer to make my own luck, me. If we'd had more folk with feelers out, might have heard about this shit weeks ago. And I fucking hate relying on the enemy to screw up.' the Etherite replied, heading out to the car.

"We do have quite a few feelers out Nicole, including my contacts among various supernatural societies, Master Sharaya's contacts and others, but we did not catch this, not before now. More contacts is always good, but no contact network will catch everything, no matter how good it is."
Henrietta replied simply. Jon tossed the keys back to you.
"I assume you want to drive Nick?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:22 am

Anja wrote:"They speak incarnate, I hear their words in Latin if I don't use Enochian."
Helena explained.
"But speaking of Enochian that is more...accurate when you are dealing with spirits, it have nuances that mundane languages don't."
S7trif3 wrote:"It is up to you; you can ask me to try to get something particular across in Enochian if there is any trouble or you want to make sure something is accurate. Just remember to word things clearly and see if you both have the same understanding to avoid misinterpretation. Enochian can be clearer but my own fluency is a limit too, after all. Just let me know what you wish me to do."
Colin nodded, "Be ready to translate and clarify as needed, then. Seeing as I can't follow the Enochian, myself..."

Anja wrote:"An Octagram would link in with time."
Helena said.
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded at the circle - it was good and hadn't bothered to use a string to mark a circumference yet it looked as close as one could get to freehanding it accurately. "I will defer to my sora's greater knowledge on time spirits. I have only have very basic knowledge of them and associated gods like Aion, which pop up in Greek writings." he said with a small smile, then he asked her, "Eight is also for the fixed stars, and planetary workings is it not?" as he then moved so Colin could inscribe what he wished to put down.
Anja wrote:"That is correct brother."
Helena said.
"In fact the eight pointed star is one of the most commonly used religious symbols, Christians and Judaism use it, in Hinduism it is known as the Star of Lakshmi and it is one of the most potent symbols of wealth and of transportation, it represents the weight Seasonal Festivals and the slow turn of the year in Wicca as the Wheel of the Year, in Buddhism it represents the Eight Fold Path to escape suffering and reach Enlightenment. In Alchemy it represent Solve et Coagula and Solificato see it as a symbol of the Avatar itself."
Your sister lectured.
"It is a many faceted symbol indeed."
He nodded, "Many-faceted, heh... that's a concept I know well enough, at least. Eerily descriptive of me, really..."
He made the eight straight lines, once more perfect in alignment and proportion, and with a quick double-check with the compass app on his phone, in perfect alignment with the cardinal directions, "There. That should take care of the circle itself."
He offered Adley the chalk back, "Any glyphs or runes you would like to place around the circle?"

((OOC: Sorry, bit fatigued after coming home after game. The goblin cleric has yet to express discomfort or distrust of said warlock's motives for petting. The warlock's a fairly pretty half-elf kid, and the goblin's a cleric of Sune, so... I better stop before I'm accused of making bad Catholicism jokes here.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:21 am

Anja wrote:The archmaga gave you a bit of a bewildered look.
"Yes Mr Yager that was the point from the start that this will protect one specific memory so that some of the things discussed in Master Morgan's office can be kept safe, where you not paying attention? For I assure you I have zero tolerance for not making an effort young man."
She said quite sternly giving you a measured look.

"Sorry, yeah I was paying attention and I knew that." Serge replied a little anxiously, "Thinking more on it that was a weird question to ask. It was on my mind because I was wondering if there was a way to use the rote to protect any memories that an intruder might find, not just a specific one."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:39 am

Colin nodded, "Be ready to translate and clarify as needed, then. Seeing as I can't follow the Enochian, myself..."

"At your word, then. After I make the Call, I will explain to the spirit that you wish to make an agreement with them, that I have called on your behalf."

"That is correct brother."
Helena said.
"In fact the eight pointed star is one of the most commonly used religious symbols, Christians and Judaism use it, in Hinduism it is known as the Star of Lakshmi and it is one of the most potent symbols of wealth and of transportation, it represents the weight Seasonal Festivals and the slow turn of the year in Wicca as the Wheel of the Year, in Buddhism it represents the Eight Fold Path to escape suffering and reach Enlightenment. In Alchemy it represent Solve et Coagula and Solificato see it as a symbol of the Avatar itself." Your sister lectured. "It is a many faceted symbol indeed.
He nodded, "Many-faceted, heh... that's a concept I know well enough, at least. Eerily descriptive of me, really..."

He nodded, taking a few mental notes as they were passed on - apparently lecture mode was something they both had in common, passing on useful information as it seemed pertinent.

"There. That should take care of the circle itself." He offered Adley the chalk back, "Any glyphs or runes you would like to place around the circle?"

He looked over what had been put down and then asked his sora, "Other than standard protection sigils for such a working, do you have suggestions to add?" After conferring and adding anything else, he put away the chalk and cleared away anything left that would be in the way or break their circle before he started to cast.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:15 am

"We used this symbol."
Mia said from your soul and she sipped her tea again and now her tea cup had a eight pointed start floral pattern on it.

He made the eight straight lines, once more perfect in alignment and proportion, and with a quick double-check with the compass app on his phone, in perfect alignment with the cardinal directions, "There. That should take care of the circle itself."
He offered Adley the chalk back, "Any glyphs or runes you would like to place around the circle?"

"If you have any symbols for the spirits you are calling themselves you can add that, their own sigils or a sigil created from their names."
Helena offered.

He nodded, taking a few mental notes as they were passed on - apparently lecture mode was something they both had in common, passing on useful information as it seemed pertinent.

Your sister seamed to rather enjoy lecture mode but the restrained herself since time was of the essence.
"We can discuss this in more detail at dinner brother."
She said with a nod.

He looked over what had been put down and then asked his sora, "Other than standard protection sigils for such a working, do you have suggestions to add?" After conferring and adding anything else, he put away the chalk and cleared away anything left that would be in the way or break their circle before he started to cast.

"Either protections or sigils representing the spirits we are calling could be a good idea, it depends on how you intend to use the circle, if you are standing in the circle then add protections to it and sigils to the outside it the circle will be to contain the spirit then reverse that."
Helena said with a nod.

"Sorry, yeah I was paying attention and I knew that." Serge replied a little anxiously, "Thinking more on it that was a weird question to ask. It was on my mind because I was wondering if there was a way to use the rote to protect any memories that an intruder might find, not just a specific one."

"That is a far better question young man, remember working is important. Hum...yes certainly you can make such a shield to protect your entire mind but it is harder to hide that as you will then need to make a dummy copy of a complete mind which can get complex, to make a trap though for anyone who wish to read your mind without leave is quite possible."
Crexia said with a nod.
"Or you could set up just a wall that an intruder will have to hack through to get to your thoughts, I have such a shield on my own mind off course. Remember size is not that important, if you can put a trap on one thought you can put it on all of them. Hiding the shielding of one memory is far easier though."

(OOC: Well the Warlock just loves magic and when someone do something impressive with it he gets quite exited and he find small casters adorable. I can imagine his Mentor telling him if he gets him free. No Javin you can not keep bringing tiny casters home, just stop it!)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next