Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

5 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:33 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Cool. Anyway, got a secondary cell which you can use to pinpoint. Just putting your number in now...' typing it in using Fran's cell and calling...

[Yes... I'll go to the barricades in insisting today is 5/1, not the clearly wrong 1/5!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:54 pm

[Cabin]

Cool. Anyway, got a secondary cell which you can use to pinpoint. Just putting your number in now...' typing it in using Fran's cell and calling...

"Ok sounds good."
Jon typed back before he accepted the call.
"Ok Nick I should e just about ready here."
The Virtual Adept informed you.

[Ward Making]

"If we're all following a rule that no matter what she says or does, no one is to leave the bounds of the chantry ward and we prevent others from doing the same, then we can minimize the risks." he replied.

"Very well if you are able to keep to that rule then that should be safe enough."
Jeffry replied with a frown.

Serge frowned at the ultimatum, but nodded and said, "Very well. I understand. Right now the only other plans I had were the ones I told you before. And they would probably hurt us more than help her."

"You can not always save everyone Mr Yager, sometimes there are no good solutions."
The old Hermetic said softly before he went to get his sword.

He didn't have anything else to add and waited for the Security Chief to get his weapon, looking a little gloomy as he did so. As he waited he tried hard to think of any other way he could save the banshee girl and feeling a little helpless when none came. "Some hero I am. Bet Mr. Wainwright could do this in a second." he thought somberly.

The Security Chief quickly returned, now a fairly plain looking sword was strapped to his hip and he handed you an iron nail.
"Just to be sure Mr Yager...now are you ready?"
He asked you and looked towards the front door.

[Seattle]

"It might, there have been some instances of problems with...certain specific groups or individuals. I won't be able to know unless you tell me, though. Are you able to do so, please?"

"Listen I doubt it have anything to do with you, just politics in our own society, but the Sheriff have been spending allot of time with the Toreador Primogen, the leader of the Clan in the city and that is odd so they have to be plotting something."
The prisoner said with a shrug.
"Probably nothing that concern you nor for that matter me, just two older vampires having some plan or another or something."

(OOC: I personally prefer day before month yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:59 pm

[Seattle]

"Listen I doubt it have anything to do with you, just politics in our own society, but the Sheriff have been spending allot of time with the Toreador Primogen, the leader of the Clan in the city and that is odd so they have to be plotting something."
The prisoner said with a shrug.
"Probably nothing that concern you nor for that matter me, just two older vampires having some plan or another or something."

"Perhaps. The Sheriff of your area, may I ask what Clan they belong to?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:18 pm

[Seattle]

"Yeah sure he is Gangrel like me."
The prisoner replied.
"He is fair enough for a Sheriff I guess."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:38 pm

[Seattle]

"Yeah sure he is Gangrel like me."
The prisoner replied.
"He is fair enough for a Sheriff I guess."

Adley nodded at that. "I can see then why you would be worried if someone in your own Clan and also in similar role were plotting something. Have you heard any particulars about that? Or anything about your Sheriff of this Primogen to be particularly aware of? I'm just seeing if there is cause for concern, you understand." Once he was done that line of questioning, he filed the information away to tell his pater and Colin when he got back and looked to Cita. "How should we conclude this, ma'am?" His spell would last a little while longer, but they had to return the one in the phone and he didn't want him attacking them again. "Will his friend will be in a poor mood still when he is returned?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:49 pm

[Seattle]

Adley nodded at that. "I can see then why you would be worried if someone in your own Clan and also in similar role were plotting something.

"Someone is always plotting something."
The vampire said with a shrug.

Have you heard any particulars about that? Or anything about your Sheriff of this Primogen to be particularly aware of? I'm just seeing if there is cause for concern, you understand."

"Yeah for older vampires love to share their secret plots with everyone in the city."
The prisoner replied sarcastically.
"Listen all I know is that they hang out and that is odd, especially since the Primogen is this crazy snuff film maker bitch that you do not want to hang around if you get my drift."

Once he was done that line of questioning, he filed the information away to tell his pater and Colin when he got back and looked to Cita. "How should we conclude this, ma'am?" His spell would last a little while longer, but they had to return the one in the phone and he didn't want him attacking them again. "Will his friend will be in a poor mood still when he is returned?"

"Agree, let us just let this guy go with the warning that we will notice him if he try to sneak around and attack up, speak with his friend and then send him on his way as well, we have no reason to hurt the vampires."
Cita said.
"He might be confused, for him no time will have passed so one minute he is in combat the next everyone is in different positions, that confusion might upset him but he will not have been hurt while he was stored on my phone."
She said and the prisoner raised an eyebrow.
"You where not kidding Steve is really...on your phone but...how?"
He asked and he looked rather shocked.
"Reality hacking."
Cita explained.
"Ehm...cool I guess but he is okey?"
"Yes perfectly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:37 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"How is he family? Is he a long lost relative Colin?"
Freddy wanted to know.
Colin smiled enigmatically, "After a fashion - the branch was lost a few hundred years ago."

Anja wrote:"Hum...ah yes your future visions, well I guess it is possible you might Acceded into the Ether Mr Wainwright but if you do not and you die before me I would indeed love to examine your brain it is bound to be fascinating."
Dr Hadermann commented.
He nodded, "Well, I suppose if I no longer need it... though, I suppose I should warn you, most people consider such questions, ah, uncomfortable. I'm alright with it, but... if you suggest it to my daughter, I'm afraid I will have to respond harshly. She's got a good seven years of trauma to get over, and any references to the brain is... triggering."

Anja wrote:"Certainly not half an hour perhaps."
The Etherite replied.
"It would be most useful and I assure you such scans would be treated confidentially."
He nodded, "I have no reason to believe you, of all people, would be possible to sway from the code of medical ethics. And having my head in a giant electromagnet for a little while should be just fine. At the very least, I already know I don't have any shrapnel in there, so that's safe."

[Horizon, 6th of March 2025]
Anja wrote:"He will be firecracker like his other mother."
Yu Die said warmly.
"We...are considering naming him after Mr Roth Hicks...after he saved Anna and...the troubles in November...oh what is it now ten years ago?"
She said with a bit of a smile.
"We figured the name would give her a bit of fire."
He smiled thinly, "Well, nine-and-a-half, at any rate... Adley is a good name."

Anja wrote:"Honored Primi, in the material that you where provided before this talk you can see research data from several societies both magickal and mundane, and it can be seen that torture do not work as a punishment, societies that employ torture almost always have harsher crime and more repeat crimenals than societies that have a focus on rehabilitation. You will also find statements from Archmistress Crexia as to the fact that while torture create lasting trauma with an increased risk of mental illness and early death for the victims, it do in fact not provide good deterrent against performing crime. Please indulge me to tell you a story honored Masters. The Security Chief at Chantry Steelhaven Archmaster Jeffry Morgan told me of how he when he was a young Adept had helped a captured Mad One escape from his Chantry's cell. The young Master Morgan was flogged for his crime but the punishment he said only made him feel more right, dug his heels in more about the matter as he was simply angry and hurt at being treated in such a way. It was first when an kind, elderly Verbena spoke with him and told him about the damage the Marauder woman could do and took the then young Adept with him to show him some of that damage that Master Morgan regretted his actions."
Anna said and she took a deep breath.
"I know this law will not be about using torture as a method for extracting information though a ban on cruelty can be. But it have been proven again and again that a prisoner under torture will give up any information to make the ordeal stop, regardless to whatever or not the information is true. By and large the most effective way of getting information have never been pain but treating a prisoner as a human being, I will not digress further though as this is not about prisoners but whatever or it is going to be made illegal to torture our own members as a punishment, and from all the data provided I have to draw the conclusion that all such treatment do is traumatize and dehumanize a criminal, without doing anything to rehabilitate them or decrease the chance they or anyone else commit the same or other crimes in the future. Torture is needless and cruel, it is a tool of our enemies, a tool they revel in and it is not a tool we should use. Honored Masters we should aim to be better than our foes, we should aim higher. Yes when we have been wronged it is easy to long for revenge, but to get it in the form of legal and organized torture is not the way."
The Orphan said and she paused again to let what she had said sink in before she begun her closing arguments.
He smiled smugly, like only a proud father can at the sight of their child being magnificent, and let his gaze pass over the Primi, briefly considering their expressions. He rather expected the Seat of Time to be on board, and quite likely the Seat of Life... the Seat of Spirit was a good chance, too, and the Seat of Matter was probably inclined to agree... The Seat of Entropy he was largely sure would agree right away; the Euthanatoi understanding of the cycle of suffering would make them eager to end the practice of torture even before Anna walked in... probably...
Forces and Prime were... very much uncertain in this vote; the Order of Hermes and the Celestial Chorus could still be... unreasonably punitively inclined. The others... who knew for sure? Still, he felt pretty sure there'd be a majority in favour of the proposal. Now to see which way the actual vote would swing...

((OOC: Yes, if I recall correctly, there's only one poorly developed country in the world that presently used mmddyy exclusively... Wink Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:54 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

I'll put the new cell on the top of the refrigerator. Be ready to transport the samples from within the container as soon as you're told to.' Nicole replied, moving over to the kitchen to do just that. Hoping that this didn't screw up and blow up Fran's cell - or worse, the samples...

[Panama?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:05 am

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled enigmatically, "After a fashion - the branch was lost a few hundred years ago."

"Ohhh...."
Freddy muttered as she was beginning to understand what you was saying.

He nodded, "Well, I suppose if I no longer need it... though, I suppose I should warn you, most people consider such questions, ah, uncomfortable. I'm alright with it, but... if you suggest it to my daughter, I'm afraid I will have to respond harshly. She's got a good seven years of trauma to get over, and any references to the brain is... triggering."

"Why would brains be uncomfortable for anyone Mr Wainwright? We all have one but I will remember that your apprentice have a problem with such questions and be sure not to ask her about such organs."
Dr Hadermann said though he seamed rather confused.

He nodded, "I have no reason to believe you, of all people, would be possible to sway from the code of medical ethics. And having my head in a giant electromagnet for a little while should be just fine. At the very least, I already know I don't have any shrapnel in there, so that's safe."

"I follow the code of medical ethics, such codes are important."
The Etherite replied proudly.
"Ah good, mostly having metal in the body are not as explosive as in the movies but it is not good and brains are most delicate things, they are easier to break than two hundred year old lace, I know from experience."

He smiled thinly, "Well, nine-and-a-half, at any rate... Adley is a good name."

"It is and we owe the man allot...and we would like to give the boy a middle name after you."
Yu Die said warmly as she patted her belly.

He smiled smugly, like only a proud father can at the sight of their child being magnificent, and let his gaze pass over the Primi, briefly considering their expressions. He rather expected the Seat of Time to be on board, and quite likely the Seat of Life... the Seat of Spirit was a good chance, too, and the Seat of Matter was probably inclined to agree... The Seat of Entropy he was largely sure would agree right away; the Euthanatoi understanding of the cycle of suffering would make them eager to end the practice of torture even before Anna walked in... probably...
Forces and Prime were... very much uncertain in this vote; the Order of Hermes and the Celestial Chorus could still be... unreasonably punitively inclined. The others... who knew for sure? Still, he felt pretty sure there'd be a majority in favour of the proposal. Now to see which way the actual vote would swing...

All you could really see was the Primi paying attention, their facial expressions was hard to read for now. Anna continued to close her argument.
"Finally Honored Masters we have to remember that torture wear on the soul, both of the one who are tortured and the one who do the torturing and we often see this in their reincarnation, when we use torture as a punishment we are not only punishing a criminal but also their future, innocent reincarnation. This along with the fact that we have other punishments that are effective at all degree of seriousness of crimes makes ordeal unnecessary, cruel and irresponsible, if someone break lesser Protocols there are things like being required to write public apologies, fines, community service, for major crimes we have Branding, casting someone out of the Traditions and in the worst cases execution and...Gilgul. Torture is not needed. My Mentor was once punished by his Chantry as the Deacons felt he had taken to much of a risk to himself and he was set to make a memorial plaque with the names of every Traditionalist killed in the Ascension War in the Boston Tribunal, that plaque still hand on the wall in the common room of Chantry Steelhaven Hall. Now this punishment impressed on him the danger he had put himself in and it did so in a far more impactful way than if he had been beaten. Torture is not needed, nor is is effective, it is time to leave it with our enemies and be better than them and move on to a more enlightened justice system. My Lords and my Ladies thank you for your time."
The Orphan finished and everyone was quiet for a moment before the younger magi in the audience broke out in applause though some of the older ones looked rather sour. Anna moved deeply and the Herald said.
"The Council thanks Adepta Anna Wainwrigh Qen of Chantry Mus."
Anna then made her way up the row of benches which was set up as a stadium around the Council room and she made her way to you and her wife, kissing Yu Die and hugging you.
"How did I do dad?"
She whispered as she sat down next to you. Down around the Council table the Primi was discussing the matter eagerly.

[Cabin]

I'll put the new cell on the top of the refrigerator. Be ready to transport the samples from within the container as soon as you're told to.' Nicole replied, moving over to the kitchen to do just that. Hoping that this didn't screw up and blow up Fran's cell - or worse, the samples...

"I have done the calculations, so I am ready."
Jon said. You saw Antonio writing profusely.
"If you step back from the fridge Miss Bouchard then I will set up a shield to protect us, and then I am ready to hold the wards back so Mr...ehm...ehm...Sherman? Can teleport the samples out."
The Scribe said.
"When you are ready we are all set."

(OOC: It just makes more sense to me to go from smallest unit of time to the biggest and not jumble them.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:41 am

[Seattle]

"Someone is always plotting something."
The vampire said with a shrug.

"Very true."

"Yeah for older vampires love to share their secret plots with everyone in the city."
The prisoner replied sarcastically.
"Listen all I know is that they hang out and that is odd, especially since the Primogen is this crazy snuff film maker bitch that you do not want to hang around if you get my drift."

He frowned at the mention of snuff films; things were adding up to something but he didn't want to let on he was overly interested. "I see..." he said, with a bit of distaste at the dirty and deadly business.

"Agree, let us just let this guy go with the warning that we will notice him if he try to sneak around and attack up, speak with his friend and then send him on his way as well, we have no reason to hurt the vampires."
Cita said.

"Release one at a time then?" he clarified. He said to the vampire, "Do we have an agreement that we will release you and you will leave us peaceably, and not attack us or try any of your other tricks once I release this hold on your person?"

"He might be confused, for him no time will have passed so one minute he is in combat the next everyone is in different positions, that confusion might upset him but he will not have been hurt while he was stored on my phone."

"If he's as fast as his partner here that could cause problems, even if he is no longer armed."

"You where not kidding Steve is really...on your phone but...how?"
He asked and he looked rather shocked.
"Reality hacking."
Cita explained.
"Ehm...cool I guess but he is okey?"
"Yes perfectly."

"He has only sustained what seemed to be minor damages for your kind from our return fire after you attacked," he repeated. "We wish to keep things that way while staying safe ourselves, and end the conflict that he is still thinking he is in the middle of, currently."

// as an American I'm used to things not making sense. Like using English system based units (just why!) for common measures and backwards dating lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:07 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Why would brains be uncomfortable for anyone Mr Wainwright? We all have one but I will remember that your apprentice have a problem with such questions and be sure not to ask her about such organs."
Dr Hadermann said though he seamed rather confused.
Colin shook his head, "It's not that, most people are simply uncomfortable with considering their own death in so practical a manner... I think perhaps there's an instinct to refuse acknowledging the inevitability of it all."

Anja wrote:"I follow the code of medical ethics, such codes are important."
The Etherite replied proudly.
"Ah good, mostly having metal in the body are not as explosive as in the movies but it is not good and brains are most delicate things, they are easier to break than two hundred year old lace, I know from experience."
He nodded, "Yet they're surprisingly sturdy, all the same... It's amazing what they can recover from, with a little help..."

Anja wrote:"It is and we owe the man allot...and we would like to give the boy a middle name after you."
Yu Die said warmly as she patted her belly.
He grinned, then paused, "I... don't suppose you would reconsider the last bit, and perhaps honour Master Steelhaven in my stead?"

Anja wrote:All you could really see was the Primi paying attention, their facial expressions was hard to read for now. Anna continued to close her argument.
"Finally Honored Masters we have to remember that torture wear on the soul, both of the one who are tortured and the one who do the torturing and we often see this in their reincarnation, when we use torture as a punishment we are not only punishing a criminal but also their future, innocent reincarnation. This along with the fact that we have other punishments that are effective at all degree of seriousness of crimes makes ordeal unnecessary, cruel and irresponsible, if someone break lesser Protocols there are things like being required to write public apologies, fines, community service, for major crimes we have Branding, casting someone out of the Traditions and in the worst cases execution and...Gilgul. Torture is not needed. My Mentor was once punished by his Chantry as the Deacons felt he had taken to much of a risk to himself and he was set to make a memorial plaque with the names of every Traditionalist killed in the Ascension War in the Boston Tribunal, that plaque still hand on the wall in the common room of Chantry Steelhaven Hall. Now this punishment impressed on him the danger he had put himself in and it did so in a far more impactful way than if he had been beaten. Torture is not needed, nor is is effective, it is time to leave it with our enemies and be better than them and move on to a more enlightened justice system. My Lords and my Ladies thank you for your time."
The Orphan finished and everyone was quiet for a moment before the younger magi in the audience broke out in applause though some of the older ones looked rather sour. Anna moved deeply and the Herald said.
"The Council thanks Adepta Anna Wainwrigh Qen of Chantry Mus."
Anna then made her way up the row of benches which was set up as a stadium around the Council room and she made her way to you and her wife, kissing Yu Die and hugging you.
"How did I do dad?"
She whispered as she sat down next to you. Down around the Council table the Primi was discussing the matter eagerly.
He grinned and ruffled Anna's hair as he hugged her, "You did great, Sweetie. Mentioning my little punishment was probably a good call, too. Also, your son seems to be quite enthusiastic about your being on stage."

((OOC: Nah, the US, obviously. What else could you call a country that spends so much on the military, happily engages in costly wars, gives tax cuts to the wealthiest, and somehow can't afford to maintain infrastructure, or provide affordable healthcare and education to its citizens? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:39 am

[Seattle]

"Very true."

The vampire gave a bit of a frown at that.

He frowned at the mention of snuff films; things were adding up to something but he didn't want to let on he was overly interested. "I see..." he said, with a bit of distaste at the dirty and deadly business.

"Yeah like I said it is best to just stay the fuck away from the woman."
The prisoner muttered with a frown.

Release one at a time then?" he clarified. He said to the vampire, "Do we have an agreement that we will release you and you will leave us peaceably, and not attack us or try any of your other tricks once I release this hold on your person?"

"Yea that is what I was thinking."
Cita said with a nod. The vampire looked up at you.
"Listen I have no reason to attack you and yours, since it is five of you here chances are there is a whole society of those like you and I have no reason to piss that off. The only reason I and my friend went after Mr Odd over there is that I thought he was a vampire breaking our laws, so yes you have my word I am not going to try anything."
He promised.

If he's as fast as his partner here that could cause problems, even if he is no longer armed."

"That is true we have to be ready to contain him if he cause problems."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

"He has only sustained what seemed to be minor damages for your kind from our return fire after you attacked," he repeated. "We wish to keep things that way while staying safe ourselves, and end the conflict that he is still thinking he is in the middle of, currently."

"I would prefer if neither me nor my friend got injured further, he is not unreasonable though you can talk him down. Like I said this was all a misunderstanding. We want no conflict we you people."
The vampire said with a sigh.
"We are not just raving beasts attacking whoever come our way."

[Westchapel]

Colin shook his head, "It's not that, most people are simply uncomfortable with considering their own death in so practical a manner... I think perhaps there's an instinct to refuse acknowledging the inevitability of it all."

"Well in theory a willworker using the right Science can continue indefinitely, in practice something usually sooner or later kill you, there is no reason to be uncomfortable, it is is what it is."
Dr Hadermann replied simply.

He nodded, "Yet they're surprisingly sturdy, all the same... It's amazing what they can recover from, with a little help..."

"So they are, it is amazing what injuries it is possible to survive from."
The Etherite agreed.
"Especially with the help of Science."

He grinned, then paused, "I... don't suppose you would reconsider the last bit, and perhaps honour Master Steelhaven in my stead?"

"I would have to discuss it with Anna...but yes I think she might be okey with that."
Yu Die said with a warm smile then she winced as the baby kicked again.
"I think he might like that name as well."

He grinned and ruffled Anna's hair as he hugged her, "You did great, Sweetie. Mentioning my little punishment was probably a good call, too. Also, your son seems to be quite enthusiastic about your being on stage."

"I thought that could give some context to things yes."
Anna said as she returned the hug.
"Now I just have to hope the Council will make the right decision."
She said as she looked down at the squabbling Masters.
"And we can end at least one cruel practice, if I can help doing that I will have acomplished something good in my life."
She said with a smile.
"It will be a legacy to give my son."
The Orphan said then Yu Die handed Anna her purse and the young woman took a piece of paper from it.
"Ah I found something I wanted to give you dad...just in case you have one of your visits from the past again."
She said and she handed you a map drawn in crayons.
"Do you remember this, from back in 2015 when they needed someone who had Fallen in this life to help open door in the Labyrinth, I drew this map when we got home and I completely forgot about it...so much happened that day, me and Yu Die almost dying...and getting that Exemplar to work with us...anyway I thought that this map might come in handy one day so I did not want to throw it out after I found it."

(OOC: You are not wrong.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:56 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Well in theory a willworker using the right Science can continue indefinitely, in practice something usually sooner or later kill you, there is no reason to be uncomfortable, it is is what it is."
Dr Hadermann replied simply.
Colin shrugged, "I am not disagreeing with you - it is indeed what it is - but most people still don't like to think about it. Even willworkers."

Anja wrote:"I would have to discuss it with Anna...but yes I think she might be okey with that."
Yu Die said with a warm smile then she winced as the baby kicked again.
"I think he might like that name as well."
He chuckled, "Vigorous little tyke, isn't he?"

Anja wrote:"I thought that could give some context to things yes."
Anna said as she returned the hug.
"Now I just have to hope the Council will make the right decision."
She said as she looked down at the squabbling Masters.
"And we can end at least one cruel practice, if I can help doing that I will have acomplished something good in my life."
She said with a smile.
"It will be a legacy to give my son."
The Orphan said then Yu Die handed Anna her purse and the young woman took a piece of paper from it.
"Ah I found something I wanted to give you dad...just in case you have one of your visits from the past again."
She said and she handed you a map drawn in crayons.
"Do you remember this, from back in 2015 when they needed someone who had Fallen in this life to help open door in the Labyrinth, I drew this map when we got home and I completely forgot about it...so much happened that day, me and Yu Die almost dying...and getting that Exemplar to work with us...anyway I thought that this map might come in handy one day so I did not want to throw it out after I found it."
He arched an eyebrow and quickly committed the map to memory as best he could, "Well, now, this is perfect timing... I'm still sitting with Freddy after her operation that day. Hum... do you remember how we got the Exemplar to... wait, 'almost dying'?"
He scowled, "What was it that almost managed to kill you, then? Something in the Labyrinth? Something in Jace's laboratory? Another attack on Steelhaven?"

((OOC: Off to the dentist I go... getting some more patching work done on my teeth. Hopefully, still no need for root canals.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:34 am

[Westchapel]

Colin shrugged, "I am not disagreeing with you - it is indeed what it is - but most people still don't like to think about it. Even willworkers."

"Hum...how odd..."
Dr Hadermann said clearly not getting it.

He chuckled, "Vigorous little tyke, isn't he?"

"That he is...he knows what he want. I am telling you this I am not looking forward to the birth itself but I am looking forward to getting him out."
Yu Die said with a bit of a frown.

He arched an eyebrow and quickly committed the map to memory as best he could, "Well, now, this is perfect timing... I'm still sitting with Freddy after her operation that day. Hum... do you remember how we got the Exemplar to... wait, 'almost dying'?"

"You are with Freddy now...have you gotten her to accept the pain management she needs. She do not have to worry about young me seeing the tubing..."
Anna asked.
"Yes...you talked him him...the Exemplar while a second team snuck close to release Wallace Jace's gas, everyone in the strike team had taken Master Haagen's potion so we where immune, the Exemplar started screaming and we could take his pendant before he fled."
The she sigh and nodded.
"Yeah almost dying."

He scowled, "What was it that almost managed to kill you, then? Something in the Labyrinth? Something in Jace's laboratory? Another attack on Steelhaven?"

"An attack on Steelhaven, a single agent, to this day I am not sure what he wanted. Me and Yu Die where guarding Mr Yager...when this man attacked us, Mr Roth Hicks saved us and Mr Yager ot us to safety but both me and Yu Die where hurt..."
She muttered with a frown.
"The agent managed to kill himself before he was captured though when Steelhaven's magi closed in on him."

(OOC: Good luck it must suck.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:06 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Okay.' Nicole replied, moving over to the others. 'You give the order for when he's to move.' she said to Antonio, moving the cell towards him so he could say when Jon to do his stuff - for every second might count...

['Traditional English' dating was 'December 5th, 1803'. Therefore, Americans abbreviated it to '12/5/1803', as they were used to seeing month first. Why we didn't follow suit is a mystery; might be it had fallen out of use in the UK by the time the abbreviations caught on.]

[The metric system had to be *imposed* by govt decree in each nation, overriding the traditional 'national' measurements. The USA has never really had the impetus to *force* the issue, that's all. Part of the reason might be that as it's such a large internal market, it's felt less 'need' to do so than say the UK did by the 1960s.]

[Thing is, the USA *is* slowly 'metrifying'; any company exporting has to mark their product in SI units, precision machines have to work with such standards, the armed forces runs on metric and so on. As Nicole pointed out IC that Detroit went metric in the early 2000s.]

[Answer: an excellent expy of the Late Roman Empire?]

[I believe the other three need to go to dentist too...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:32 am

[Cabin]

Okay.' Nicole replied, moving over to the others. 'You give the order for when he's to move.' she said to Antonio, moving the cell towards him so he could say when Jon to do his stuff - for every second might count...

Antonio nodded he continued writing in his book with a focused look in his brown eyes, a few droplets of sweat rolled down his face, then he said.
"Be ready Mr Sherman."
With one more written word he shouted.
"Now."
Two seconds passed, perhaps three, then the refrigerator exploded, the heavy door smashed against the Scribe's shield, there was a very bright flash of light that would blind you if you look right at it and the wall the fridge had been up against was blown out, lucky the cabin was solid so it did not come down but the whole thing shook. Axel tossed himself behind some furniture, Darrian followed suit more slowly and Fran came rushing back into the cabin her eyes wide.
"Are you all okey..."
You all where but Fran's phone and pink bat phone case was pretty much obliterated. From your own phone you heard Jon's voice.
"I have the samples...I have them...but I heard a very loud bang are you all in okey over there?"

(OOC: I also will write the month first when I write the month name out, so I will write January 6 2020 but if I do it just with numbers put the day first so 6/1 2020.

The other three do you mean us? For I go to the dentist once a year for a check up and to remove tooth stone. I have never needed anything more since I got my adult teeth, well one I needed to have a tooth filed when my mother's dog in his excitement to see me as I came visiting came jumping right onto my face and he chipped it, but other than small things like that I have never needed to do anything knock on wood.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Anja wrote:"That he is...he knows what he want. I am telling you this I am not looking forward to the birth itself but I am looking forward to getting him out."
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, they have excellent pain management, and I should think a competent Life mage like yourself could also do a thing or two about that part..."

Anja wrote:"You are with Freddy now...have you gotten her to accept the pain management she needs. She do not have to worry about young me seeing the tubing..."
Anna asked.
"Yes...you talked him him...the Exemplar while a second team snuck close to release Wallace Jace's gas, everyone in the strike team had taken Master Haagen's potion so we where immune, the Exemplar started screaming and we could take his pendant before he fled."
The she sigh and nodded.
"Yeah almost dying."
He nodded sagely, "I've made the appropriate threats against her desserts and electronics... I think the message got through about your being able to handle a tube."
He pondered, "So, I play the part of the polite bait, or the distraction, then. Good to know."

Anja wrote:"An attack on Steelhaven, a single agent, to this day I am not sure what he wanted. Me and Yu Die where guarding Mr Yager...when this man attacked us, Mr Roth Hicks saved us and Mr Yager ot us to safety but both me and Yu Die where hurt..."
She muttered with a frown.
"The agent managed to kill himself before he was captured though when Steelhaven's magi closed in on him."
He frowned, "I'd best let the Chief know, then, once I get back to then. A single agent... so Technocrat? Or Fallen? Not the elder Jace clone, I trust?"

((OOC: Dentistry went well - dozed off a couple of times while he was working - three fillings in one tooth, one in another, so it hurt a lot in the wallet.))

((OOC2: I still see people writing out month by name, followed by day and year, though it's less common today. But there's a logical consistency in word-number-number that doesn't follow when you write it in all numbers mmddyy - and I think most people instinctively get that. It just flows more naturally when you read either Sixth of January, 2020, or January 6th, 2020, than when you read 1/6/2020 and try to figure out if the writer is American, or is taking about the first of June... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:23 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, they have excellent pain management, and I should think a competent Life mage like yourself could also do a thing or two about that part..."

"It is not pain that I fear Colin, it is being in a hospital, even the Verbena clinic is hospital like, and while I have considered having the birth at home, I worry for my son, I can not take that risk with his life because I am scared, it would not be right."
Yu Die said with a sigh.

He nodded sagely, "I've made the appropriate threats against her desserts and electronics... I think the message got through about your being able to handle a tube."
He pondered, "So, I play the part of the polite bait, or the distraction, then. Good to know."

"Threaten to take away her phone and her tablet that should make sure Mom do as you ask and dessert though she do like those."
Anna said with a smile.
"Me to for that matter and yes I can handle the tubing, I remember making things with a roll of it when I was little."
She said before she grinned.
"Yes it seams you engaged the Exemplar in a debate about Alchemy, that kept him busy until the second team could get into position."

He frowned, "I'd best let the Chief know, then, once I get back to then. A single agent... so Technocrat? Or Fallen? Not the elder Jace clone, I trust?"

"No not Thomas Griffith, a single agent that I am pretty sure was Fallen we never learned much about him, but he seamed to go after me and Yu Die or one of us at least."
Anna said with a sigh.
"It was pretty scary...telling the Chief is probably a good idea dad."

(OOC: Dentistry is expensive, well I should not complain here they offer free dental to everyone who get help by the psychiatric team's services, it is like sorry you are mentally ill here have dental on us, odd but I will take it, I hope they arangement will continue now that the districts are joined up into new bigger ones.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:29 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"You can not always save everyone Mr Yager, sometimes there are no good solutions."
The old Hermetic said softly before he went to get his sword.

"I understand that sir." Serge said despite not putting his full faith in the statement. He always believed that there was a good solution if one searched hard enough or created one themselves. However he wasn't in a situation to argue.

Anja wrote:The Security Chief quickly returned, now a fairly plain looking sword was strapped to his hip and he handed you an iron nail.
"Just to be sure Mr Yager...now are you ready?"
He asked you and looked towards the front door.

Serge took the iron nail, and took quick glances between it and the sword, smiling a little at how drastically different
his weapon was in comparison to the chief's.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go." Serge said with a nod.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Anja wrote:"It is not pain that I fear Colin, it is being in a hospital, even the Verbena clinic is hospital like, and while I have considered having the birth at home, I worry for my son, I can not take that risk with his life because I am scared, it would not be right."
Yu Die said with a sigh.
Colin pondered for a moment, "You know, there is an option - a birthing centre; not a hospital in and of itself, but with the necessary utilities available as needed. I'm not pretending to be intimately familiar with the practice, but it is to my admittedly limited knowledge a less... intimidating sort of place, designed to soothe mothers-to-be, as opposed to a place to come in, get healed, and then sent home as soon as you're able to walk out..."
He smiled thinly, "It may seem like short notice to you right now, but I've got nine and a half years to research such good facilities, and to scout them out in a timely fashion. If you'd like."

Anja wrote:"Threaten to take away her phone and her tablet that should make sure Mom do as you ask and dessert though she do like those."
Anna said with a smile.
"Me to for that matter and yes I can handle the tubing, I remember making things with a roll of it when I was little."
She said before she grinned.
"Yes it seams you engaged the Exemplar in a debate about Alchemy, that kept him busy until the second team could get into position."
He frowned, "Hum, I should get a small refresher from Master Haagen first, then - and might need to ask... my Avatar for a hint or two."

Anja wrote:"No not Thomas Griffith, a single agent that I am pretty sure was Fallen we never learned much about him, but he seamed to go after me and Yu Die or one of us at least."
Anna said with a sigh.
"It was pretty scary...telling the Chief is probably a good idea dad."
He frowned, and his eyes darkened, "You're known to be Gabriel's old apprentice; the Fallen would likely be interested in getting you back... and not for the last time. And we caught Eric Dahl when he tried to capture Yu Die; it's quite likely he had others ready to try to pick up where he dropped off. Well, if Adley saved you, at least the danger is not life-threatening without my intervention... I don't know if it happened before or after I came back from this time hop, after all..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:30 pm

[Ward Making]

"I understand that sir." Serge said despite not putting his full faith in the statement. He always believed that there was a good solution if one searched hard enough or created one themselves. However he wasn't in a situation to argue.

Jeffry gave you a compassionate look then he moved towards the front door.

Serge took the iron nail, and took quick glances between it and the sword, smiling a little at how drastically different
his weapon was in comparison to the chief's.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go." Serge said with a nod.

"It is not meant for you to stab the creature with Mr Yager, it is meant to ward her off if there are trouble."
The old Hermetic said noting the way you looked at the iron spike then he went to the front door and opened it. There across the street, still petting White Satan, who hissed when he saw you and the Chief, where the princess, she stood when she saw you and Jeffry and she gave you a hungry look but she did not move closer.

Colin pondered for a moment, "You know, there is an option - a birthing centre; not a hospital in and of itself, but with the necessary utilities available as needed. I'm not pretending to be intimately familiar with the practice, but it is to my admittedly limited knowledge a less... intimidating sort of place, designed to soothe mothers-to-be, as opposed to a place to come in, get healed, and then sent home as soon as you're able to walk out..."
He smiled thinly, "It may seem like short notice to you right now, but I've got nine and a half years to research such good facilities, and to scout them out in a timely fashion. If you'd like."

"I would like that Colin I...have managed to get the necessary medical examinations for the pregnancy...but I would prefer to go to such a birthing center rather than a hospital if you think it will still be safe for the baby."
Yu Die and Anna got a concerned look.
"I should have carried the child..."
She muttered.
"No...I am uneasy but you still have heart problems Anna, it is much safer for me to carry the child and give birth I will be fine."
The Akashic said and she reached across you to squeeze Anna's hand gently.
"Do not worry about me my love."

He frowned, "Hum, I should get a small refresher from Master Haagen first, then - and might need to ask... my Avatar for a hint or two."

"I am sure we can arrange for a lesson. There are things I...need to teach you regardless if you are willing to take on such a lesson once we return to the, for you, right time."
Mia asked with a slight smile.
"Master Haagen are rather skilled though."
She added and Anna just nodded.

He frowned, and his eyes darkened, "You're known to be Gabriel's old apprentice; the Fallen would likely be interested in getting you back... and not for the last time. And we caught Eric Dahl when he tried to capture Yu Die; it's quite likely he had others ready to try to pick up where he dropped off. Well, if Adley saved you, at least the danger is not life-threatening without my intervention... I don't know if it happened before or after I came back from this time hop, after all..."

"I will never join with the Nephandi, never."
"And yet they did want you and also they would want to stop me...stop me from cleansing myself...but no neither me nor Yu Die died and Mr Roth Hicks survived as well, but the agent had a chance to end himself before he could give information, and perhaps he would have something of use for us."
Anna replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:43 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"It is not meant for you to stab the creature with Mr Yager, it is meant to ward her off if there are trouble."
The old Hermetic said noting the way you looked at the iron spike then he went to the front door and opened it. There across the street, still petting White Satan, who hissed when he saw you and the Chief, where the princess, she stood when she saw you and Jeffry and she gave you a hungry look but she did not move closer.

As the two walked to the door, Serge put both his hands in his pockets. Both to conceal the iron nail and the golden fire opal ring the deaconess had given. He had a feeling the banshee would be troubled seeing either.

When he saw the princess, he gave her a smiled, any hint of his previous uneasiness disappearing and being replaced by a more friendly inviting look. "Its a pleasure to meet you again your highness." he said, giving a small bow but ensuring no part of him ever left the bounds of the chantry. "I apologize for the abrupt ending to our last meeting."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:08 pm

[Seattle]

"Yea that is what I was thinking."
Cita said with a nod. The vampire looked up at you.
"Listen I have no reason to attack you and yours, since it is five of you here chances are there is a whole society of those like you and I have no reason to piss that off. The only reason I and my friend went after Mr Odd over there is that I thought he was a vampire breaking our laws, so yes you have my word I am not going to try anything."

"I will release you first, then. As agreed, you will disembark and not wait to attack us when your friend is released and questioned. We are going to ask him a few questions like we did for you and plan to release him similarly. Hopefully he will be as sensible as you have been." It wasn't likely he took an unknown vampire's word as gold but at least it was clear that if he broke it there would be repercussions beyond being stuck to the ground.

"That is true we have to be ready to contain him if he cause problems."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

"I have my shield up still, and the rest of us can be away in different spots so he has to re-pick his target. I can be ready to cast a spell on him."

"I would prefer if neither me nor my friend got injured further, he is not unreasonable though you can talk him down. Like I said this was all a misunderstanding. We want no conflict we you people."
The vampire said with a sigh.
"We are not just raving beasts attacking whoever come our way."

"Good," he said, waiting for Cita's word to release him. Trust wasn't something that could be afforded to be handed out without proof though so he was ready in case of trouble.

// good luck all with tooth issues, everyone.
re: metrification - it's true that we use it in most scientific fields, etc. I don't know if they're still teaching english units first and then metric way later, like when I was in school. I remember being annoyed because metric makes a lot more sense being base tens

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:06 pm

[Seattle]

I will release you first, then. As agreed, you will disembark and not wait to attack us when your friend is released and questioned. We are going to ask him a few questions like we did for you and plan to release him similarly. Hopefully he will be as sensible as you have been." It wasn't likely he took an unknown vampire's word as gold but at least it was clear that if he broke it there would be repercussions beyond being stuck to the ground.

"Yeah for repeating the same thing I already promised for a second time is sure to make it stick better and it is sure not not make you sound like more of an ass, if I was going to double cross you then you stating for a second time what I have already promised will not really hinder me now will it and if I am not going to double cross you then the accusation that I will is just insulting."
The vampire growled.

"I have my shield up still, and the rest of us can be away in different spots so he has to re-pick his target. I can be ready to cast a spell on him."

The rest of your group nodded.
"Hopefully the whole thing will go smoothly."
Marian said.

"Good," he said, waiting for Cita's word to release him. Trust wasn't something that could be afforded to be handed out without proof though so he was ready in case of trouble.

Cita gave you a nod that you could release the vampire and the others moved back so your shield where between them and the vampire.

[Ward Making]

As the two walked to the door, Serge put both his hands in his pockets. Both to conceal the iron nail and the golden fire opal ring the deaconess had given. He had a feeling the banshee would be troubled seeing either.

When he saw the princess, he gave her a smiled, any hint of his previous uneasiness disappearing and being replaced by a more friendly inviting look. "Its a pleasure to meet you again your highness." he said, giving a small bow but ensuring no part of him ever left the bounds of the chantry. "I apologize for the abrupt ending to our last meeting."

The princess smiled a little though she did not come closer.
"Well now there is a long time since I have been addressed by such a title, the correct one would be Your Grace though, I was the daughter of a Duke."
She said sadly.
"And you are an artist...a creator...lunch..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:15 pm

[Seattle]

"Yeah for repeating the same thing I already promised for a second time is sure to make it stick better and it is sure not not make you sound like more of an ass, if I was going to double cross you then you stating for a second time what I have already promised will not really hinder me now will it and if I am not going to double cross you then the accusation that I will is just insulting."

"I am not attempting to insult you," he replied. "I apologize for the formality. Thank you for answering our questions, as well." When Cita gave the word he released the spell on him and waited to see what would happen next.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next