Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

5 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:51 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"I would appreciate that man, to see the woman go down."
The Flambeau said.
"Time travel? Yes you spoke about meeting me nine years into the future?"
He smiled, "Match of 2025. My daughter had just delivered a quite compelling speech to the gathered Seats, and the debate took a break for lunch. I suppose I should not spoil too many details, though."

Anja wrote:Cita picked up the call and replied.
"Hello Mr Wainwright I am on my way now. I had to send some Hermetics home before I went to take care of this new task."
He arched, "Ah, I have you on speaker, so my contact can hear you. I take it my Cabalmate, his housemate, went home instead, then? Who do you have with you, so he can verify your numbers on arrival? Short summary will do, not full introductions for now."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:26 pm

[Westchapel]

He smiled, "Match of 2025. My daughter had just delivered a quite compelling speech to the gathered Seats, and the debate took a break for lunch. I suppose I should not spoil too many details, though."

"Your daughter is a mage then, interesting but no you should not say to much more, the integrity of the timeline and all of that."
Mark replied.

He arched, "Ah, I have you on speaker, so my contact can hear you. I take it my Cabalmate, his housemate, went home instead, then? Who do you have with you, so he can verify your numbers on arrival? Short summary will do, not full introductions for now."

"Yes I sent him home not to get him into trouble. I have two with me, two of our death mages, and your contact need not worry they are not here to apply their specialty but here to back me up in case the Nephandi show themselves...then I guess they will apply their specialty...on the Nephandi."
Cita replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:15 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Your daughter is a mage then, interesting but no you should not say to much more, the integrity of the timeline and all of that."
Mark replied.
Colin grinned, "Oh, she's more than just a Mage - but that's far too complicated to get into right now."

Anja wrote:"Yes I sent him home not to get him into trouble. I have two with me, two of our death mages, and your contact need not worry they are not here to apply their specialty but here to back me up in case the Nephandi show themselves...then I guess they will apply their specialty...on the Nephandi."
Cita replied.
He nodded, "Two Euthanatoi, then... Alright, so our friend know there will be three of you. Sir, would you like to propose a passphrase for when they ring your doorbell, so you know who is who? Seeing as we know there are enemy agents headed your way, too, after all?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:20 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"This place look like the Deaconess Sir."
Yu Die whispered to you.

"I know, its awesome." Serge whispered back, glancing around and admiring the Deaconess's room once again. Pointing to the drawing he had made he whispered, "I made that one."

Anja wrote:Mara stopped halfway as she filled a earth ware teapot with water.
"I know who she is then."
The Deaconess said sadly.
"She was indeed a Ducal Princess, and a knight defending her court against those who would harm it. Last I heard about her, she had died as she saved several other fay from an attack of what sounds like the Technocracy, unfortunately she could not save herself, she was a noble woman in every way, one of the best among us. That she have become such an abomination after her noble end are...horrible."
A tear that turned into a gemstone as it rolled down her cheek fell from the large woman's eyes as she busied herself with making tea.

"I see....I'm sorry you had to recall that. It must not be a pleasant thought." Serge said sadly, not expecting such a tale from the predatory banshee. "A knight princess. That's one hell of a title. That makes our quest all the more important. A heroic tale like that doesn't deserve a tragic ending like that. She doesn't deserve to suffer like that."

He remained silent for a bit to give time for the Deaconess to process the information. When the time was right he would ask his next question, "If you don't mind me asking...how long ago was this sacrifice?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:37 pm

[Steelhaven]

"I know, its awesome." Serge whispered back, glancing around and admiring the Deaconess's room once again. Pointing to the drawing he had made he whispered, "I made that one."

The girls looked at the drawing you had made and nodded.
"Yeah it is a cool apartment Sir."
Anna agreed.
"It suit Deaconess O'Connor's personality."

"I see....I'm sorry you had to recall that. It must not be a pleasant thought." Serge said sadly, not expecting such a tale from the predatory banshee. "A knight princess. That's one hell of a title. That makes our quest all the more important. A heroic tale like that doesn't deserve a tragic ending like that. She doesn't deserve to suffer like that."

"No she do not deserve such an ending, she was a good and noble woman."
The Deaconess said as she put the teapot on.
"Fay mimic sleeper society, as sleepers have envisioned more roles for women, so do fay society, while keeping the same structure as before, so just like male noblemen where often knights so now many female nobles are as well."
She explained.

He remained silent for a bit to give time for the Deaconess to process the information. When the time was right he would ask his next question, "If you don't mind me asking...how long ago was this sacrifice?"

"About fifteen years."
Mara said.
"More or less time do not always move the same within our realms, and true fay seldom visit earth anymore..."
She muttered, the large woman kept some distance from you this time, probably she felt the iron spike Jeffry had given you, she did not comment though.
"The little bit of wonder in the hearts of mortals is dying and my family die with it."
The Deaconess whispered sadly.
"One day no one will dream anymore, unless the metal shadows are fought back with blade and spells."

[Westchapel]

Colin grinned, "Oh, she's more than just a Mage - but that's far too complicated to get into right now."

"That is understandable and I would not want to pry either."
Mark said dropping the matter.

He nodded, "Two Euthanatoi, then... Alright, so our friend know there will be three of you.

"Very well you do that Mr Wainwright."
Cita replied.

He nodded, "Two Euthanatoi, then... Alright, so our friend know there will be three of you. Sir, would you like to propose a passphrase for when they ring your doorbell, so you know who is who? Seeing as we know there are enemy agents headed your way, too, after all?"

"Hum...what about life fast, die young and leave a fucking big hole in the ground where the Persian army stood."
Mark replied with a chuckle.
"Somewhat stereotypical for your House my good man but fair enough."
The Virtual Adept Master replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:09 pm

[Seattle]

"Yeah I mean you never know when a Hunter or worse another vampire get their claws in you."
Steve muttered darkly.

"Another vampire..." He didn't understand why another vampire would attack, then again perhaps he did with all the shit going on back home.

"You will take me home Sodalis?"
The lich asked and he stopped walking and let you lead him back to the group.

It struck him that the man's routines were probably a way for him to 'rest' since he didn't sleep, and the poor man was not only very disoriented but perhaps in his own way fatigued. "We three are going back to a safe place; from there we will get you home, sir."

Yes indeed I am ordering you back. If you can tell your Mentor that our guest here."
Cita indicated Thomas.
"Came willingly and ask Lady Crexia about how best to care for the good Master until we can return him home?"
The Virtual Adept said.

"Yes, ma'am." To Thomas, he said, "Please surrender any weaponry, or magickal...ah...instruments?That you use, and your bag, for the time being, please. We will likely return normal essential things like clothing, when we get you settled sir. The rest I will see about storing safely."

If you see someone just as I open the portal you can ask them to aid me but I can not wait for long."
And with that the Spirit Master tapped at her phone a few times and a portal that looked like shimmering air and you could see Steelhaven's large ritual room beyond.
"Neat portal."
Thomas said.
"Thank you."
Cita replied with a smile.
"Are you all ready to go through?"

He nodded to the others and gave Cita a brief look - he wanted to help protect her and her team, but it was evident it would cause problems and these two were not able to go with them anyway. "Yes," he said, and helped the elder magii over if he needed assistance. Beyond that he was cautious about the Void Engineer, if anything should happen now would be a prime time to pull something.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:43 pm

[Seattle]

"Another vampire..." He didn't understand why another vampire would attack, then again perhaps he did with all the shit going on back home.

"Yeah we tend to not always be to friendly towards one another."
Steve said with a frown.

It struck him that the man's routines were probably a way for him to 'rest' since he didn't sleep, and the poor man was not only very disoriented but perhaps in his own way fatigued. "We three are going back to a safe place; from there we will get you home, sir."

"I cast my Parma and other morning rituals, I do not sleep but I do it in the morning, and I make tea that I do not drink in my copper cettle, then I work on creating new spells."
And William started the whole long list of his daily routines again looking at you pleadingly.

"Yes, ma'am." To Thomas, he said, "Please surrender any weaponry, or magickal...ah...instruments?That you use, and your bag, for the time being, please. We will likely return normal essential things like clothing, when we get you settled sir. The rest I will see about storing safely."

"Weapons are fine, but for my other devices, to deprive me of them means I can not use my Science...ehm...magick as you call it, that sounds more like being a prisoner than a guest."
Thomas said now sounding skeptical.
"I am not so sure I want to be a prisoner."

He nodded to the others and gave Cita a brief look - he wanted to help protect her and her team, but it was evident it would cause problems and these two were not able to go with them anyway. "Yes," he said, and helped the elder magii over if he needed assistance. Beyond that he was cautious about the Void Engineer, if anything should happen now would be a prime time to pull something.

Thomas was not aggressive but he clearly did not want to surrender to be a prisoner.
"Perhaps...I should just leave, I can go back to the Construct this ghost guy can't get me there right..."
He muttered.
"This whole thing was a bad idea."
William studied the portal with interest.
"It is not made like the Hermetic portal at Morningstar."
He commented and Cita nodded.
"No it is not Sir."
The Spirit Master then gave you a slight smile and said.
"We will be fine, don't worry about us."

(OOC: You where right Ryan where with Adley and his team, meaning A the group going to see Mark will be 4 not 3 when Adley send whoever he meet back at Steelhaven through to help out. Also Ryan apparently learned Corr 4 since he was also doing something for his nephew at Steelhaven at this same time. Razz Sorry about the mix up I had a brain fart there.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:03 pm

[Seattle]

"I cast my Parma and other morning rituals, I do not sleep but I do it in the morning, and I make tea that I do not drink in my copper cettle, then I work on creating new spells."
And William started the whole long list of his daily routines again looking at you pleadingly.

"We will get you back to your routine as soon as we can, sodalis."

"Weapons are fine, but for my other devices, to deprive me of them means I can not use my Science...ehm...magick as you call it, that sounds more like being a prisoner than a guest."
Thomas said now sounding skeptical.
"I am not so sure I want to be a prisoner."

"Tools can be weapons...but I understand your concerns. What about allowing someone to examine them when we get in, and giving me the weapons? I'm primarily concerned they can be used to track you or cause us some trouble, and I do not have the ability to know for sure, with normal technological means. That isn't really my forte," he admitted.

Thomas was not aggressive but he clearly did not want to surrender to be a prisoner.
"Perhaps...I should just leave, I can go back to the Construct this ghost guy can't get me there right..."
He muttered.
"This whole thing was a bad idea."
William studied the portal with interest.
"It is not made like the Hermetic portal at Morningstar."
He commented and Cita nodded.
"No it is not Sir."
The Spirit Master then gave you a slight smile and said.
"We will be fine, don't worry about us."

"Thomas, please...the 'ghost guy' is likely to know many of your moves and have infiltrated your home, possibly. I know this is scary, very scary, and I do not want you as a prisoner. I will take you to my pater and we can figure out how to make this work for us as best we can to keep us all safe, and that includes you too. You heard what I said to the vampire. It's still true, here. Please?" It seemed today was going to be a day where he practically begged a Technocrat. But so be it, he meant what he said. He looked at Thomas, offering out his hand towards him, and the portal. He wasn't forcing him though, but he looked very earnest - as if his life depended on it, and everyone else's too.

// I'm not sure if you want to roll something, or not (diplomacy, wits, persuasion etc) - but if it helps, I can add +1 WP to his speech for him believing what he's saying is true.

// Also, np about Ryan I'm sure there's some way he could use Time magick anyway

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:14 pm

[Seattle]

"We will get you back to your routine as soon as we can, sodalis."

"This...place confuse me everything is so loud."
William complained he gave you a confused look.
"I want to go home."
He repeated, the lich seamed to be of a rather one track mind.

"Tools can be weapons...but I understand your concerns. What about allowing someone to examine them when we get in, and giving me the weapons? I'm primarily concerned they can be used to track you or cause us some trouble, and I do not have the ability to know for sure, with normal technological means. That isn't really my forte," he admitted.

"So can a chair, or hands...the way this is going I suspect I will find myself restrained and in a cell and that is not being a guest"
Thomas replied sharply.
"My tools do not have any trackers in them and did you not already check my stuff for more...Enlightened trackers. I agreed to go with you as a guest I did not agree to have my things confiscated and be a prisoner."

"Thomas, please...the 'ghost guy' is likely to know many of your moves and have infiltrated your home, possibly. I know this is scary, very scary, and I do not want you as a prisoner. I will take you to my pater and we can figure out how to make this work for us as best we can to keep us all safe, and that includes you too. You heard what I said to the vampire. It's still true, here. Please?" It seemed today was going to be a day where he practically begged a Technocrat. But so be it, he meant what he said. He looked at Thomas, offering out his hand towards him, and the portal. He wasn't forcing him though, but he looked very earnest - as if his life depended on it, and everyone else's too.

"I..."
Thomas hesitated he looked at you.
"I just have a feeling that once I step through that portal, I will no longer be a guest. I will be a prisoner, you are asking me to give up not just my weapons, I mean that would be fine and understandable but all my tools in fact all my things so you can go through them and then perhaps return my my clothes and anything you determine non dangerous, that is now how one treat a guest."
The young Technocrat said.
"If I go though this portal...will I be allowed to leave when I want to? Will I be locked up? Will I be harmed? And how do I know you are not just as dangerous to me as this ghost?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:19 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Hum...what about life fast, die young and leave a fucking big hole in the ground where the Persian army stood."
Mark replied with a chuckle.
"Somewhat stereotypical for your House my good man but fair enough."
The Virtual Adept Master replied.
Colin nodded, "Very well. In that case, I believe I shall trust you to work things out without me - there are other matters I also have to attend before the hammer falls. Such as brushing up on alchemy to distract an Exemplar. Not looking too much forward to that one..."
He hesitated for a moment, "Oh, by the way, if you have any documents outlining your evidence of corruption, Sir, would you be able to give Master Telar a copy? I'm not talking about handing her the originals, I mean give her a spare copy for further distribution. We're stashing duplicates of the proof around with a few key individuals, so when the trap springs, we'll be sure to have everything available."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:28 pm

[Seattle]

So can a chair, or hands...the way this is going I suspect I will find myself restrained and in a cell and that is not being a guest"
Thomas replied sharply.
"My tools do not have any trackers in them and did you not already check my stuff for more...Enlightened trackers. I agreed to go with you as a guest I did not agree to have my things confiscated and be a prisoner."

"Very well, then. I suppose that is true."

"I..."
Thomas hesitated he looked at you.
"I just have a feeling that once I step through that portal, I will no longer be a guest. I will be a prisoner, you are asking me to give up not just my weapons, I mean that would be fine and understandable but all my tools in fact all my things so you can go through them and then perhaps return my my clothes and anything you determine non dangerous, that is now how one treat a guest."
The young Technocrat said.
"If I go though this portal...will I be allowed to leave when I want to? Will I be locked up? Will I be harmed? And how do I know you are not just as dangerous to me as this ghost?"

"You have your items, other than the weapons. I have not taken them, and I am sorry...I am worried also," he admitted. "It is hard to trust you or rather others above you, though for you the risk I know is greater.  I just want everyone to be safe, here in this and cover all contingencies. Like I said, I come to expect there will be trouble, somehow. We don't want to harm you, or have you as a prisoner, if so we could have taken you but we felt that was wrong to do that. But it is risky to have you where we are taking you for us also, so I try to see contingencies as our enemy has been very clever. I am not as dangerous as this ghost in that I do not plan to end the world, I did not make you as a clone backup. I do not plan to make a ghost army to destroy reality, nor did I help mastermind a plague, nor am I a former Progenitor turned Fallen now a vengeful ghost. This man is very dangerous, even being dead has not stopped him, dangerous to all existence as well as us personally. I am fighting to keep reality existing. Please, just come and speak to my pater at least."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:43 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "Very well. In that case, I believe I shall trust you to work things out without me - there are other matters I also have to attend before the hammer falls. Such as brushing up on alchemy to distract an Exemplar. Not looking too much forward to that one..."

"Distracting an Exemplar Mr Wainwright with alchemy?"
Cita asked and Mark chimed in.
"That do sound like quite a task but yes we will be able to work things out here I think."
"Indeed we will."
The Spirit Master agreed.

He hesitated for a moment, "Oh, by the way, if you have any documents outlining your evidence of corruption, Sir, would you be able to give Master Telar a copy? I'm not talking about handing her the originals, I mean give her a spare copy for further distribution. We're stashing duplicates of the proof around with a few key individuals, so when the trap springs, we'll be sure to have everything available."

"I...do have some proof yes but not with me. I would not want that proof to vanish if I got captured so I have it stashed in safe locations but I might be able to get you a copy of what I got given a little bit of time."
The Hermetic said sounding a bit skeptical about handing over such important things to someone he did not know.

[Seattle]

"You have your items, other than the weapons. I have not taken them, and I am sorry...I am worried also," he admitted. "It is hard to trust you or rather others above you, though for you the risk I know is greater.

"I know and it is hard for me to trust you to, you are the enemy, but if I am to come along with you willingly we both have to offer up a measure of trust. I can not be the only one who is expected to show trust and take chances."
Thomas muttered.

I just want everyone to be safe, here in this and cover all contingencies. Like I said, I come to expect there will be trouble, somehow.

"I understand that but I could say the exact same thing about you guys."
The young Technocrat replied.
"But I get it that you are worried."

We don't want to harm you, or have you as a prisoner, if so we could have taken you but we felt that was wrong to do that. But it is risky to have you where we are taking you for us also, so I try to see contingencies as our enemy has been very clever.

"Yeah but I will be one...apprentice...Technocrat in a whole Chantry of Traditionalists how much damage could I possibly do?"
Thomas asked and he raised an eyebrow.

I am not as dangerous as this ghost in that I do not plan to end the world, I did not make you as a clone backup. I do not plan to make a ghost army to destroy reality, nor did I help mastermind a plague, nor am I a former Progenitor turned Fallen now a vengeful ghost.

"That...is...ehm very good points."
The Void Engineer was forced to admit.
"You are not either of those things...I think."

This man is very dangerous, even being dead has not stopped him, dangerous to all existence as well as us personally. I am fighting to keep reality existing. Please, just come and speak to my pater at least."

"Okey...okey...fine I will come along, and I can surrender my weapon but I am keeping my other things...okey?"
Thomas agreed a bit hesitantly, he did however hand you his strange ray gun, handle first.
"This is the only weapon I have on me."
He informed you.
"So are you cool with that then? And if I want to leave once we get there I get to leave?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:01 pm

[Seattle]

"I know and it is hard for me to trust you to, you are the enemy, but if I am to come along with you willingly we both have to offer up a measure of trust. I can not be the only one who is expected to show trust and take chances."
Thomas muttered.

"That is true."

"That...is...ehm very good points."
The Void Engineer was forced to admit.
"You are not either of those things...I think."

"You can at least verify I am not a ghost," he said, slightly wryly.

"Okey...okey...fine I will come along, and I can surrender my weapon but I am keeping my other things...okey?"
Thomas agreed a bit hesitantly, he did however hand you his strange ray gun, handle first.
"This is the only weapon I have on me."
He informed you.
"So are you cool with that then? And if I want to leave once we get there I get to leave?"

He took the raygun, but having no holster for it held it rather awkwardly keeping his fingers away from the trigger. "Just talk to my pater first, alright? Let's see if we can come to a satisfying agreement together. Let's go, then..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:02 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Distracting an Exemplar Mr Wainwright with alchemy?"
Cita asked and Mark chimed in.
"That do sound like quite a task but yes we will be able to work things out here I think."
"Indeed we will."
The Spirit Master agreed.
Colin nodded, "Another complicated story."

Anja wrote:"I...do have some proof yes but not with me. I would not want that proof to vanish if I got captured so I have it stashed in safe locations but I might be able to get you a copy of what I got given a little bit of time."
The Hermetic said sounding a bit skeptical about handing over such important things to someone he did not know.
He nodded, "I will speak with you later, then, Cita."
Giving her a few moments to reply before hanging up, he added, "That's perfectly reasonable. I do maintain a post box at the Boston Umbra Port - with the Mercere office there. If you can get a copy of at least some of your materials, I can get that distributed to where it will do the most good toward the case-building. It just might help toward resolving your own little problem sooner, too."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:03 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Don't we all wish that a little bit? Seems so much easier.' Nicole replied with a little laugh. 'But on the plus side, we are the overly-friendly cousins of the family so we can work together.'

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a slightly curious look to Flavian as she passed; she was too busy and tired at the moment to glower back. Plus, she didn't care enough to do so.

Anja's Post:

'Erm... best not, sir. Don't want to suddenly need the bathroom halfway through the mission.' Nicole replied, closing the door. 'Have to report the mission was a success, sir.' placing the package on his desk. 'No casualties, though we did electrocute a pissed-off werewolf. Plus, one of the team lost their cell pulling this off and they don't have the resources to easily replace.'

[And looks like I'm off to the dentist *again*. Part of the temp filling gave up the ghost... and I did say I thought it was waay too optimistic thinking it would last for three weeks... *rolls eyes*]

[Just a thought; if Nicole's ever disarmed, would that also include literally being dis-armed?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:29 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"No she do not deserve such an ending, she was a good and noble woman."
The Deaconess said as she put the teapot on.
"Fay mimic sleeper society, as sleepers have envisioned more roles for women, so do fay society, while keeping the same structure as before, so just like male noblemen where often knights so now many female nobles are as well."
She explained.

"She did seem like a good person. And her noble stature does explain her quick annoyance with me." he mused. "I do wonder if I met the same person as the one you remember. Her situation can't have been easy on her. It may have changed her personality a great deal."

Anja wrote:"About fifteen years."
Mara said.
"More or less time do not always move the same within our realms, and true fay seldom visit earth anymore..."
She muttered, the large woman kept some distance from you this time, probably she felt the iron spike Jeffry had given you, she did not comment though."

Serge eyes widened as he realized what was causing the Deaconess's discomfort. He wanted to apologize but decided not to as respect for the Deaconess's decision to not comment and endure the pain. Rather, he nonchalantly placed his hands in his pocket and grasped the iron nail, imagining his desk drawer in his mind and willing the nail to retreat there, far away from the Deaconess's presence.

"Fifteen years? Hmmmm...." Serge muttered sadly, puzzle pieces fitting together within his head. "What was her full name in life? I doubt it was just Wilda."

Anja wrote:"The little bit of wonder in the hearts of mortals is dying and my family die with it."
The Deaconess whispered sadly.
"One day no one will dream anymore, unless the metal shadows are fought back with blade and spells.

"Dying isn't dead. That spark of wonder is a strong force. One that's persisted within the minds of humanity since time immemorial. And as long as I'm around I'll always fight to ensure that little spark of wonder never dies." he said proudly. "The works of artists around the world ensured that the spark within me burned bright. I'll always strive to be that sort of artist. The kind that helps inspire and strengthen that creative wonder in the hearts of everyone. So that in turn, they'll create their own works to inspire others. That way, we'll always be fighting against those metal shadows. With blade, spells, and the dreams of future mortals inspired by the works of past mortals."

(OOC: Corr 2 to teleport the iron nail to Serge's room.

Arete Roll: 3, 7, 9, 2 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 am

[Steelhaven]

"She did seem like a good person. And her noble stature does explain her quick annoyance with me." he mused. "I do wonder if I met the same person as the one you remember. Her situation can't have been easy on her. It may have changed her personality a great deal."

"A flower will not look the same if moved from rich soil to poison earth."
The Deaconess replied.

Serge eyes widened as he realized what was causing the Deaconess's discomfort. He wanted to apologize but decided not to as respect for the Deaconess's decision to not comment and endure the pain. Rather, he nonchalantly placed his hands in his pocket and grasped the iron nail, imagining his desk drawer in his mind and willing the nail to retreat there, far away from the Deaconess's presence.

"Fifteen years? Hmmmm...." Serge muttered sadly, puzzle pieces fitting together within his head. "What was her full name in life? I doubt it was just Wilda."

Mara clearly relaxed as you sent the iron spike to your desk drawer and out of her presence, she still did not comment but she added herbs to colorful mugs and smiled.
"Let me see if I remember, I am an old woman. Lady Wilda of the Wild Rose Thorn, Princess of the Summer Court."

"Dying isn't dead. That spark of wonder is a strong force. One that's persisted within the minds of humanity since time immemorial. And as long as I'm around I'll always fight to ensure that little spark of wonder never dies." he said proudly.

"Yes young one in this war the artist will be warriors, and perhaps we can still save dreaming from the forces of glass and steel who want to eradicate it."
Mara said with a solemn nod.

"The works of artists around the world ensured that the spark within me burned bright. I'll always strive to be that sort of artist. The kind that helps inspire and strengthen that creative wonder in the hearts of everyone. So that in turn, they'll create their own works to inspire others. That way, we'll always be fighting against those metal shadows. With blade, spells, and the dreams of future mortals inspired by the works of past mortals."

The Deaconess smiled warmly at that and she placed her plump hand against your cheek the way a loving grandmother might and she smiled down at you.
"And artists like you child are what might save dreams and wonder, might save the ability to look at a wood and see my brothers and sisters dance within it, see a fallen branch and see a wizard's wand. Most loose their connection to the great dream as they become adult but you have kept it, and that make you one of the blessed ones child, and never let anyone tell you otherwise, never let anyone take that from you."

[Chantry]

'Don't we all wish that a little bit? Seems so much easier.' Nicole replied with a little laugh. 'But on the plus side, we are the overly-friendly cousins of the family so we can work together.'

"That is true...and often the Consensus are less harsh with us, our stuff is more repeatable, less offensive to reality."
Jon said with a grin.
"But at times I do wish I could pull a fireball out of my ass like the Chief can."

[Chief's Office]

'Erm... best not, sir. Don't want to suddenly need the bathroom halfway through the mission.' Nicole replied, closing the door. 'Have to report the mission was a success, sir.' placing the package on his desk. 'No casualties, though we did electrocute a pissed-off werewolf. Plus, one of the team lost their cell pulling this off and they don't have the resources to easily replace.'

"Ah yes that is probably best to avoid."
Jeffry said looking down at his ever present coffee mug.
"Dr Lee do say I drink to much of the stuff."
Looking at the package he gave an approving nod.
"Good, well done. I will have to speak with Mr Wainwright or Miss Day about smoothing things over with the werewolves but that is a minor concern."
Then he looked confused.
"They lost a cell? What sort of cell? A small compartment?"

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "Another complicated story."

"Indeed so there appear to be a few of those complicated stories lately."
Cita replied.

He nodded, "I will speak with you later, then, Cita."

"Very well good luck with your tasks."
The Spirit Master replied.

Giving her a few moments to reply before hanging up, he added, "That's perfectly reasonable. I do maintain a post box at the Boston Umbra Port - with the Mercere office there. If you can get a copy of at least some of your materials, I can get that distributed to where it will do the most good toward the case-building. It just might help toward resolving your own little problem sooner, too."

"I can arrange for that yes."
Mark agreed.
"I just mention your name and send the papers to Boston Umbral port? I would like to stop running so if my innocence can be proven I would be most grateful indeed, however for me the most important thing is to root out the rot within the Order of Hermes, within House Janissary, with the Primus, within House Tytalus and parts of House Guernicus. I am willing to die to root out that rot."

[Seattle]

You can at least verify I am not a ghost," he said, slightly wryly.

"Yeah that is true..."
Thomas said with a bit o a smile.
"You are more like one of my teachers...wait you are not a collage teacher are you?"
He asked and he raised an eyebrow.

He took the raygun, but having no holster for it held it rather awkwardly keeping his fingers away from the trigger. "Just talk to my pater first, alright? Let's see if we can come to a satisfying agreement together. Let's go, then..."

"I have put the safety on, that is that switch there."
The young Technocrat said and he pointed as the silver switch toward the back of the weapon.
"And if you want to remove the fuel cell you can press those two buttons and it will pop right out the gun is useless without fuel."
He added and he pointed at two turquoise buttons. Then he gave a nervous nod and let you lead him through Cita's portal. Now you stood in the big ritual room. William looked around and shuddered.
"There are screams in these walls."
The lich said and Thomas also looked around and he to said.
"I do not know what he said but shit something horrible must have happened here...but don't tell anyone or I will be sent to the Progenitors for shots against authorized psychic flashes and they hurt."
The Technocrat muttered.

(OOC: Yes indeed, then again that can happen to anyone, just ask just about every Star Wars character. Razz )

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:09 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Well, that's the thing. Reality objects when folk try to mooch a free lunch. Or a free fireball.' Nicole quipped. 'Though it's a bitch when the bleeding-edge gear falls apart from you...'

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Colin already knows, sir. Think it was just an issue that the wolfy guard heard the explosion, thought it was about them, and pursued us. Think he'll get that doc he knows to understand that while we did shock it, the things we didn't do to it was many.'

Anja's Post:

'Cellular phone, sir. It's signal was used by the Adepts to... erm, well to do what they did to bypass the traps on the container containing the samples. Which then caused the explosion which summoned the wolfy.' remembering that this was the Chief she was talking to.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:30 am

[Chantry]

'Well, that's the thing. Reality objects when folk try to mooch a free lunch. Or a free fireball.' Nicole quipped. 'Though it's a bitch when the bleeding-edge gear falls apart from you...'

"That reality do but more often it thinks those like us have the right to eat, but it can bite us in the butt as well, but less so than the mystics, and at least our methods eventually become common place so everyone can use it, once the Consensus accept them."
Jon replied with a nod.

[Chief's Office]

'Colin already knows, sir. Think it was just an issue that the wolfy guard heard the explosion, thought it was about them, and pursued us. Think he'll get that doc he knows to understand that while we did shock it, the things we didn't do to it was many.'

"Very well I am sure Mr Wainwright will be able to smooth things over with the werewolves, and you had to defend yourself, a jolt of lightening should not be enough to do serious harm to these creatures so I am sure it will be fine."
Jeffry replied with a nod and he sipped his coffee.

'Cellular phone, sir. It's signal was used by the Adepts to... erm, well to do what they did to bypass the traps on the container containing the samples. Which then caused the explosion which summoned the wolfy.' remembering that this was the Chief she was talking to.

"Oh I see, well it is small and compact so I guess a cell telephone is a good name for it."
The Chief replied with a nod then he glanced over at you.
"The thing is the Chantry do not really have a budget to replace items lost during work for the Chantry, we do not have many sources of income and we need to maintain the building, and if they can not afford to replace their telephone it must be a costly object, so I am not sure we can afford to replace it, the danger of something getting destroyed is part of the service everyone is expected to give to the Chantry."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:13 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... I don't get that. Reality is like, reality. The designs just get more efficient and shit.'

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... but you're thinking like a person. They ain't people.'

Anja's Post:

'Not hugely expensive, sir. But is rather pricey to a person who don't earn much cash. It's like relative expensive.' Nicole replied. 'Now I know this ain't the time or place to push this point, but don't feel "suck it up" is either right or efficient. For if they'd refused to let me use the cell to get the samples 'cos they couldn't afford to lose it, that-' nodding towards the box '-might have been blown up too.'

'After all, it's why we started the pool cars, isn't it? Feel after all this is done, a sit-down to work out like some form of solution is needed.'

[Persuasion roll - for the Chief to at least see there's an issue here?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:23 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"I can arrange for that yes."
Mark agreed.
"I just mention your name and send the papers to Boston Umbral port? I would like to stop running so if my innocence can be proven I would be most grateful indeed, however for me the most important thing is to root out the rot within the Order of Hermes, within House Janissary, with the Primus, within House Tytalus and parts of House Guernicus. I am willing to die to root out that rot."
He paused for a moment as he hung up the call to Cita, "You've got evidence of the issues with House Janissary? I've hung up the phone, by the way, so it's just the two of us now. I know they're planning to incite a new Schism War, to set Flambeau against Guernicus, but all I have is hearsay from a very clever and attentive apprentice child... not enough to establish a solid case."

((OOC: Y'know, about Nicole getting disarmed - I suppose that would depend on how closely people looked at her sleeve? I mean, if she walked around sleeveless, sure, that'd make the arm noticed and likely removed, but if she had it covered up as per usual...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:02 am

[Chantry]

'Yeah... I don't get that. Reality is like, reality. The designs just get more efficient and shit.'

"It seams like the code change with what is the current meta, so that back when people thought the world was flat it was flat and now that everyone know gravity is a thing, it is a thing, and so when we make oh penicillin for example or rather that was you guys, first it is magick then everyone can make and use it as the code catch up."
Jon replied with a nod.

[Chief's Office]

'Yeah... but you're thinking like a person. They ain't people.'

"I beg to differ young lady from the shapechangers I have met, not many but a few they are very much people, with their own goals, emotions, hopes and dreams, they are also animals and spirits though so they are different but not as different as you would think."
Jeffry said with half a smile.

Not hugely expensive, sir. But is rather pricey to a person who don't earn much cash. It's like relative expensive.' Nicole replied. 'Now I know this ain't the time or place to push this point, but don't feel "suck it up" is either right or efficient. For if they'd refused to let me use the cell to get the samples 'cos they couldn't afford to lose it, that-' nodding towards the box '-might have been blown up too.'

"Miss Bouchard, if we where a richer Chantry I would love to be able to offer compensation for lost personal items to Steehaven's members, we are not, we have just enough to keep this place running. Now unlike many Chantries we do not expect new members to serve as Sentinels for years, being basically servants and protectors of the Chantry before they get full membership, what is expected though is that everyone help out defending the Chantry and if someone refuse to do so because it means they would have to go without a little machine for a while, that would be grounds for a rather stern talking to."
The old Hermetic replied.

'After all, it's why we started the pool cars, isn't it? Feel after all this is done, a sit-down to work out like some form of solution is needed.'

"With the cars the vehicles themselves have been taken from our enemies, and you yourself have been able to get parts for them cheap and done the work to restore them so having such a pool have cost the Chantry very little. If you have a suggestion for how to finance replacements for equipment lost during work for the Chantry then you are welcome to present such before the Deacon Council."
Jeffry said.
"I am not against the idea if a way to do it can be found, but it is not something that can be founded by the current Chantry budget."

[Westchapel]

He paused for a moment as he hung up the call to Cita, "You've got evidence of the issues with House Janissary? I've hung up the phone, by the way, so it's just the two of us now. I know they're planning to incite a new Schism War, to set Flambeau against Guernicus, but all I have is hearsay from a very clever and attentive apprentice child... not enough to establish a solid case."

"Yeah...I was put on a task force working on exposing the House Helekar, and Euthanatoi Chantry. First we suspected them of murder of Traditionalists and the sale of corrupted Tass but the truth proved to be much worse, it also became clear that the Janissary secretly works for the House Helekar, killing their enemies as the House itself plot to take over control of both the Euthanathos and the Order of Hermes, and yes one of the plans is turning House Flambeau against House Guernicus, a conflict it is expected my House will win leaving a void in the Order, a void the Janissary would be in a prime position to fill, becoming the new judicial branch, and by that giving the Grand Harvester of Souls, House Helekar's Deacon Primus control over much of the Order of Hermes. The Seat of Forces have allied himself with the Janissary, accepting their bribes and yes I am in position of documents proving this but before I could present that before the Council I was accused of working with the House Helekar myself an treachery and a Wizard's March was called on my head and I had to flee."
Mark said the anger in his voice increasing.
"The powerful are covering their own asses in this and covering them well. I even have proof that the Grand Harvester ordered the Seat of Forces to make sure a Flambeau who was born widderslainte but who claimed to have cleaned her soul was silenced, and they sentenced her to Gilgul with only two Primi in attendance and and performed the rite with only those Quesitori loyal to the Primus and to Prosecutor D'Angelo on Horizon. I do not know if the girl's claims where true but at least she should have gotten a proper trial."
He added with a sigh.
"Things are fucking rotten and there is only one thing to do, burn the wood until the rot is gone."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:58 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

A short silence before replying. 'But... the earth was always round. It didn't happen just 'cos people thought it was now.' giving a confused frown.

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah; goals we don't know anything about. Can't assume just like it "makes sense to us" it would for them. Similar to the "our freedom fighters are your terrorists" thing.'

Anja's Post:

'Would you say the same if it was a device they needed to do their job, sir? What if like I was a taxi driver and my car got totalled by the Fallen, or them Giovanni?'

Anja's Post:

'Have a couple of ideas, sir. But think the best bet is to ask everyone here for ideas. Similar could be said for Chantry defence.'

[Well, she's only "naked" because she expects heavy combat. Doesn't want to ruin Serge's work...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:12 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Yeah...I was put on a task force working on exposing the House Helekar, and Euthanatoi Chantry. First we suspected them of murder of Traditionalists and the sale of corrupted Tass but the truth proved to be much worse, it also became clear that the Janissary secretly works for the House Helekar, killing their enemies as the House itself plot to take over control of both the Euthanathos and the Order of Hermes, and yes one of the plans is turning House Flambeau against House Guernicus, a conflict it is expected my House will win leaving a void in the Order, a void the Janissary would be in a prime position to fill, becoming the new judicial branch, and by that giving the Grand Harvester of Souls, House Helekar's Deacon Primus control over much of the Order of Hermes. The Seat of Forces have allied himself with the Janissary, accepting their bribes and yes I am in position of documents proving this but before I could present that before the Council I was accused of working with the House Helekar myself an treachery and a Wizard's March was called on my head and I had to flee."
Mark said the anger in his voice increasing.
"The powerful are covering their own asses in this and covering them well. I even have proof that the Grand Harvester ordered the Seat of Forces to make sure a Flambeau who was born widderslainte but who claimed to have cleaned her soul was silenced, and they sentenced her to Gilgul with only two Primi in attendance and and performed the rite with only those Quesitori loyal to the Primus and to Prosecutor D'Angelo on Horizon. I do not know if the girl's claims where true but at least she should have gotten a proper trial."
He added with a sigh.
"Things are fucking rotten and there is only one thing to do, burn the wood until the rot is gone."
Colin paused, "Mother of God, that's the missing piece to Miss Florentine's case, except the Grand Harvester's motive... The girl's claims were true; Master Telar, who is underway, can testify to as much - and we have a miracle underway for the girl, too. In any case, the Seat of Prime should stand to lose some face over the matter, even if the Seat of Forces takes the brunt of the blame... Miss Florentine is safe, by the way, and will likely be testifying in the eventual trial. Once she is able."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:08 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin paused, "Mother of God, that's the missing piece to Miss Florentine's case, except the Grand Harvester's motive... The girl's claims were true; Master Telar, who is underway, can testify to as much - and we have a miracle underway for the girl, too.

"But Disciple Florentine was Gilgulled, there is no miracle that can undo that unfortunately, but yes I have proof of the injustice that happened to her but no one will listen to me about that or any of the other of the Seat of Forces' many crimes."
Mark grumbled.

In any case, the Seat of Prime should stand to lose some face over the matter, even if the Seat of Forces takes the brunt of the blame... Miss Florentine is safe, by the way, and will likely be testifying in the eventual trial. Once she is able."

"Yes the Seat of Prime went along with it, which is shameful, it is not enough to push the woman from her seat I think but she stand to face consequences."
Mark said with a frown.
"However that means the Choristers also want me dead before I can speak up."
Then he added.
"I heard Miss Florentine became a Mercere? She is still alive then, poor kid...it must be...horrible to live in such a state but if she can testify, well that is one strong kid and welcome aid."

[Chantry]

A short silence before replying. 'But... the earth was always round. It didn't happen just 'cos people thought it was now.' giving a confused frown.

"The way I see it, it is all data right, programming, so just like a computer game's physics change with what programming you put into it then the laws of our reality change it it's programming."
Jon replied with a shrug.
"Or at least that is what I was told."

[Jeffry's Office]

'Yeah; goals we don't know anything about. Can't assume just like it "makes sense to us" it would for them. Similar to the "our freedom fighters are your terrorists" thing.'

"That is very true they have different goals then us but they are still people."
Jeffry replied.
"It can be dangerous to see an potential foe as not people that opens up for needless cruelty."
The War Mage commented.

'Would you say the same if it was a device they needed to do their job, sir? What if like I was a taxi driver and my car got totalled by the Fallen, or them Giovanni?'

"Yes I would, if it put them in a bad spot we would have to try to see if something could be done, but chances are that there would just not be funds for such replacements available."
Jeffry said in a serious tone of voice.

'Have a couple of ideas, sir. But think the best bet is to ask everyone here for ideas. Similar could be said for Chantry defence.'

"You are welcome to ask around for suggestions Miss Bouchard and present your findings before the Deacon Council."
The Security Chief replied.
"Chantry defense is something else than providing members with material goods."
He replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next