Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

5 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Adley Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:35 am

[Hobby Room]

"How would not knowing your names be handy for me? I will be in trouble for having been captured by the enemy and by that having been exposed to Deviancy. How would not knowing your name help with that?" Thomas asked sounding confused.

"You were overwhelmed by a group and taken. As for exposure to my deviancy," he added, in a dry tone of voice, "this is the way that I am and I am not going to apologize for it. But not knowing who took you or any details would be expected, if you were taken against your will, is what I meant."

"I am not sure we are on the same page here I said the Union mostly leave vampires alone since the vampires hide themselves from the sleepers what do that have to do with brainwashing?

"I meant this room 101 of yours."

"Ah...ok, can't be good then."
Thomas muttered not pressing the topic further. You could simply apply the tape to tape the kid's palms together that would make it allot harder to slip out of the cuffs, or you could carefully restrain each finger which would be more work and more uncomfortable.

He took the time to restrain his fingers if it made a difference to keeping him from escaping, or hurting himself in order to do just that.

"Pretty much, I mean those living on Dreadnoughts and other large gun ships are fairly safe they are not easy to take, but those of us living on Earth...our situation might turn bad fast if the rest of the Union decide one day we are more trouble than we are worth."
The young Technocrat muttered darkly.

"So, if you expect this to happen why are you all staying there? Certainly there is a difference between 'we need resources to survive' and 'they're out to slowly destroy us. Or perhaps starve you out, convert you or what have you..."

"We can defy the Union's regulations to some degree but there is a limit so yes, we can not openly practice non sanctioned methods."
Thomas confirmed.

"We have rules too of course, but doesn't this set you up with...how to put it...a feeling that something is missing, perhaps or that even if you play along, you're losing? Hm...nevermind I'm sure these are the deviant thoughts that they worry over, not so much that I can create a fireball out of what seems to be thin air to them. With non sanctioned methods, that clearly work, mind you..."

"It sort of feel like it sometimes as well. I mean for now we are sort of protected, it is like the Spacing Guild in Dune yes? We can do something the others desperately need so they have to accept us not always towing the line or they get grounded but one day that will change. I mean the Progenitors have successfully grown a ship, The Vida, she is no match for one of our war ships but she flies, they stil need us to pilot her but even so my Mentor fear one day the Union will no longer need us and then we are toast I fear, especially the Celestial Masters." The boy said with a sigh. "Yeah there are lineages, most of the Conventions have long histories and there are sub groups within them, many of them have been combined from earlier groups."

"So, when will fear stop ruling you and you do something about it? Why do you wait patiently for the ax to befall you? I don't understand."

"Yeah I am House Daedalus, or I should say my Mentor was House Daedalus, it officially no longer exist. At least we are artificers, we sort of intermingled with the Sons of Ether before they left, our prophets and mystics though they have it bad, my House might survive the purge that are coming theirs though, that is another matter."
The Void Engineer said with a sad nod.

"They'd like to tell you a lot of things don't officially exist, like your soul but you know it's still there and you're not crazy. Yet they make you fear it is so, make you pretend a farce so that you won't be punished. Because they're the ones saying what they want to exist, in their version of their future. But, as for Daedalus, the Name is remembered and so it is not yet lost, entirely. They tell you you'll fly into the sun, is that it? Like Icarus...but, Daedalus had another son, you know, Iapyx. Lapis."

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:18 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"That is a good plan actually, try to divine where she will be and set a trap for her, with more information perhaps something can be done for her but I would rather see this creature dead than you harmed kid."
Your uncle said and Ange nodded.
"Since you are co locating brother I will do the divination work, do you know the Banshee's name Serge?"
She asked then she frowned.
"Yea Master Morgan is rather good with his sword, but if you wish so, we will see if we can find an alternative to violence, but I can give you no promises."
Ange said softly as she studied your drawing of the Banshee in more detail.

Serge took in a deep breath and in a regal voice announced, "Lady Wilda of the Wild Rose Thorn, Princess of the Summer Court. Valiant hero who sacrificed herself in order to save her friends from a technocracy raid. A hero corrupted and turned into a monster....a classic tale really."

Serge had a thoughtful look on his face, trying to think of anything else he could do. "The only real way to non-violently deal with her, the only way that I found at least, was to cast a ultra hard Resurrection spell call the Song of Orpheus. And...risking your life to resurrect someone a random disciple hasn't even known for more than a day isn't exactly high on any Master's wishlist."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:25 am

[Hobby Room]

"You were overwhelmed by a group and taken. As for exposure to my deviancy," he added, in a dry tone of voice, "this is the way that I am and I am not going to apologize for it. But not knowing who took you or any details would be expected, if you were taken against your will, is what I meant."

"I did not ask you to not be who you are, what I mean is that it do not matter how I got captured if one if in captivity by Deviants for a long time one will be suspected of Deviancy and will have to go through...examinations when one return, but I guess being able to claim I was jumped mean I will at least not get blamed."
Thomas said with a sigh.

"I meant this room 101 of yours."

"Ah yes..yes I think it is brainwashing."
The young Void Engineer muttered with a shudder.
"Those that go there are never the same."

He took the time to restrain his fingers if it made a difference to keeping him from escaping, or hurting himself in order to do just that.

You got the kid's fingers restrained without harming him or causing him to much discomfort.

"So, if you expect this to happen why are you all staying there? Certainly there is a difference between 'we need resources to survive' and 'they're out to slowly destroy us. Or perhaps starve you out, convert you or what have you..."

"Because not all of us expect it to go that way, some think we will keep our position as the transportation and it can be hard for the leadership living on ship seeing the shit those of us who live in multi Convention Constructs go through. Many want the resources of the Technocracy and feel that it is with this faction we can do the most good for the sleepers."
Thomas replied.

"We have rules too of course, but doesn't this set you up with...how to put it...a feeling that something is missing, perhaps or that even if you play along, you're losing? Hm...nevermind I'm sure these are the deviant thoughts that they worry over, not so much that I can create a fireball out of what seems to be thin air to them. With non sanctioned methods, that clearly work, mind you..."

"Yeah I have noticed that works...yes at times it sucks that we are not allowed to study what we want. The Union want to shape the Consensus and do that by deciding what it's members can believe in. For example fay do not exist, if we see one we have to either classify it as another kind of Deviant and if we can not pretend it is not there, it is an execution worthy crime to acknowledge the existence of fay...ehm...which I off course do not do...just an example."
The young Technocrat said sourly quickly added.
"See no fairy, hear no fairy or else."

"So, when will fear stop ruling you and you do something about it? Why do you wait patiently for the ax to befall you? I don't understand."

"Our leadership want to stay with the Union so there is little we can do."

"They'd like to tell you a lot of things don't officially exist, like your soul but you know it's still there and you're not crazy.

"Yes...sort of...there are things that officially do not exist that we do encounter and it is hard for an explorer to ignore things because of policy."
Thomas agreed.

Yet they make you fear it is so, make you pretend a farce so that you won't be punished. Because they're the ones saying what they want to exist, in their version of their future. But, as for Daedalus, the Name is remembered and so it is not yet lost, entirely. They tell you you'll fly into the sun, is that it? Like Icarus...but, Daedalus had another son, you know, Iapyx. Lapis."

"No I guess you are right, House Daedalus is not gone as long as some of us remember it."
The Void Engineer said with a slight smile.
"You mean like the Greek myth...a second son? Lapis like in the blue stone? No I have never heard that story."
He said sounding surprised.

[Common Room]

Serge took in a deep breath and in a regal voice announced, "Lady Wilda of the Wild Rose Thorn, Princess of the Summer Court. Valiant hero who sacrificed herself in order to save her friends from a technocracy raid. A hero corrupted and turned into a monster....a classic tale really."

Ange smiled a little at that.
"Well now that is quite a title."
She said then she nodded.
"Well I have her name and image, if you can get me to somewhere quiet where I can work I will see what I can find."

Serge had a thoughtful look on his face, trying to think of anything else he could do. "The only real way to non-violently deal with her, the only way that I found at least, was to cast a ultra hard Resurrection spell call the Song of Orpheus. And...risking your life to resurrect someone a random disciple hasn't even known for more than a day isn't exactly high on any Master's wishlist."

"The Song of Orpheus...no that would not be easy any other mean I can think of would be to change her magickal nature, which is perhaps even harder...well let us find her first and then consider what can be done."
Your Mentor said with a nod.
"We could perhaps ask Master Nassa for help, but like you said he might not be willing to."

[Jeffry's Office]

Then that's it. Won't take any more of your time...'

"Very well I will see you later then Miss Bouchard."
The old War Mage said with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:20 am

[Hobby Room]

"I did not ask you to not be who you are, what I mean is that it do not matter how I got captured if one if in captivity by Deviants for a long time one will be suspected of Deviancy and will have to go through...examinations when one return, but I guess being able to claim I was jumped mean I will at least not get blamed."

"Well, perhaps it won't happen then..."

"Because not all of us expect it to go that way, some think we will keep our position as the transportation and it can be hard for the leadership living on ship seeing the shit those of us who live in multi Convention Constructs go through. Many want the resources of the Technocracy and feel that it is with this faction we can do the most good for the sleepers." Thomas replied.

"I'm sure they do want the resources, but the price is a bit steep, for those that are paying any attention." He looked around the room for something reflective, to allow him to see if the kid was going to try to escape without having to necessarily stand at his back, or to the side.

"Yeah I have noticed that works...yes at times it sucks that we are not allowed to study what we want. The Union want to shape the Consensus and do that by deciding what it's members can believe in. For example fay do not exist, if we see one we have to either classify it as another kind of Deviant and if we can not pretend it is not there, it is an execution worthy crime to acknowledge the existence of fay...ehm...which I off course do not do...just an example."
The young Technocrat said sourly quickly added.
"See no fairy, hear no fairy or else."

He raised an eyebrow. "Word of wisdom, if you happen to run into a fae, I wouldn't try telling /them/ they don't exist. They might be offended and angering the fae is a very bad idea, if /you/ want to continue to exist." He shrugged. "It seems ridiculous as well as very dangerous to deny what is true but this must go back to their need to control things, perhaps they think if people don't learn, or hear things, or lose sight, they will forget they will stop Seeking. Doesn't that trouble you?"

Our leadership want to stay with the Union so there is little we can do."

"Granted, changing leadership takes effort and time but surely giving up is not a good strategy."

"Yes...sort of...there are things that officially do not exist that we do encounter and it is hard for an explorer to ignore things because of policy."
Thomas agreed.

"That is preposterous."

"No I guess you are right, House Daedalus is not gone as long as some of us remember it."
The Void Engineer said with a slight smile.
"You mean like the Greek myth...a second son? Lapis like in the blue stone? No I have never heard that story."

"There's conflicting stories due to misinterpretations or mistranslations, name similarities and other factors. He may not be the same one as in the Aeneid, is what I mean. Iapyx son of Daedalus may have been the one that led people from Crete to Italy via a ship and made a settlement there. That person might be of more interest to you than the one favored by Apollo anyway, even if there is not much else known of him."

He sighed, keeping an eye on Thomas as he fell quiet again. He had by now gauged how bad his paradox was, and it had yet to wear off. Thomas was secured fairly well, at least if someone came to watch over him properly. Perhaps a semi-historical story about escaping to a colony would be more inspiring that the one where Icarus flew into the sun, which seemed to be the current course of trajectory that the Technocracy was setting them up for. Tired as he was, he still couldn't imagine just waiting around until someone dispensed of them, but that was likely how the Technocrats saw all of the Traditions. Insane people fighting a war that they'd already won, instead of giving up. And occasionally shooting them down in the streets, when they were too young to help themselves. The room stopped it's weird displays of his paradox when he fell out of lecture mode. Here was the clone of Wallace Jace. Seemingly a decent person, hardly a student, trapped by the Technocracy with his own avatar and mind and personhood, ostensibly not Fallen. His magick hadn't seemed Qlippothic anyway. For all that he hated Jace and what he'd done, and there was good reason to, it almost seemed like Jeckel and Hyde. It was vexing.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:57 am

[Hobby Room]

Well, perhaps it won't happen then..."

"What won't happen the Union being suspicious of me from having been captured or me being allowed to go home?"
Thomas asked nervously.

"I'm sure they do want the resources, but the price is a bit steep, for those that are paying any attention." He looked around the room for something reflective, to allow him to see if the kid was going to try to escape without having to necessarily stand at his back, or to the side.

You found a large sheet of black acrylic meant for carving shapes out of that would do.
"Yeah some of the leaders of my Convention think that we can keep the other Conventions at bay and maintain our position but that is a risky game and it is us not living on ships that are going to pay the price first."
The Void Engineer said and then his eyes followed a small, paper ball sort of jump out of a storage box and roll across the floor.
"Ehm...is this place haunted?"
He asked.

He raised an eyebrow. "Word of wisdom, if you happen to run into a fae, I wouldn't try telling /them/ they don't exist. They might be offended and angering the fae is a very bad idea, if /you/ want to continue to exist." He shrugged.

"Fae are like cute and glittery right how dangerous can they be?"
Thomas asked.
"Not that I am saying they exist or anything."

"It seems ridiculous as well as very dangerous to deny what is true but this must go back to their need to control things, perhaps they think if people don't learn, or hear things, or lose sight, they will forget they will stop Seeking. Doesn't that trouble you?"

"Yeah it is to control things and try to make the Consensus forget, that is how the Union drove dragons and other bygones fro Earth but you can still find them in the Void at times."
The young Technomancer said then he sigh.
"And yes it bothers me a little."

Granted, changing leadership takes effort and time but surely giving up is not a good strategy."

"Yeah I am not so sure that is possible."
Thomas replied.

"That is preposterous."

"Yeah...I guess it sort of is but that is the Union for you. There is nothing I can do about that."

"There's conflicting stories due to misinterpretations or mistranslations, name similarities and other factors. He may not be the same one as in the Aeneid, is what I mean. Iapyx son of Daedalus may have been the one that led people from Crete to Italy via a ship and made a settlement there. That person might be of more interest to you than the one favored by Apollo anyway, even if there is not much else known of him."

"That is pretty cool."
Thomas said.
"I guess I can check out some books on him when I get out of here...if I get out of here. But yeah we have our roots in Greek and Roman shipping guilds so there might be some connection, well the Void Seekers have that connection not my lineage but even so, it is interesting...so what are you? Like a teacher or something in sleeper society? You sure seam to know allot."

He sighed, keeping an eye on Thomas as he fell quiet again. He had by now gauged how bad his paradox was, and it had yet to wear off. Thomas was secured fairly well, at least if someone came to watch over him properly. Perhaps a semi-historical story about escaping to a colony would be more inspiring that the one where Icarus flew into the sun, which seemed to be the current course of trajectory that the Technocracy was setting them up for. Tired as he was, he still couldn't imagine just waiting around until someone dispensed of them, but that was likely how the Technocrats saw all of the Traditions. Insane people fighting a war that they'd already won, instead of giving up. And occasionally shooting them down in the streets, when they were too young to help themselves. The room stopped it's weird displays of his paradox when he fell out of lecture mode. Here was the clone of Wallace Jace. Seemingly a decent person, hardly a student, trapped by the Technocracy with his own avatar and mind and personhood, ostensibly not Fallen. His magick hadn't seemed Qlippothic anyway. For all that he hated Jace and what he'd done, and there was good reason to, it almost seemed like Jeckel and Hyde. It was vexing.

After about ten minutes there was a light knock on the door, Andrew was outside, a book bag at his side, the young Scribe bowed.
"I was told you needed help keeping guard of a prisoner Sir."
He said politely not mentioning names.
"So here I am, I am not busy with anything else. Also I was told to tell you that the Deaconess is going to set up a time bubble for those who need rest up in the chapel, bedding and water is prepared so you can just head up."
Messages delivered the young Hermetic glanced into the room curious about the prisoner he was sent to guard.
"The one who sent me also wanted me to tell you that she recruited your brother's mother to come down and sit with our vampire guest so he will have some company for a while."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:16 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Your girlfriend is the...source donor for the sickness? So that is over then?"
Kallan asked.
"Well regardless I hope the woman recover soon, as for your litany...I will try it...I will try anything to take the edge of this fear, for it is like a black wall engulfing me...the prospect of what is awaiting me is so horrible I can not even fathom it, I..."
The prisoner sobbed a few times before he managed to control himself again and he looked away.
"Is...there no hope?"
He asked softly.
"I know there is not off course but...if there is nothing...no hope to avoid this horror, no straw to grasp onto I believe I will go insane...to just sit here waiting to be Gilgulled...I...I..."
Colin gave Kallan a dirty look, "Well, now, 'donor' is hardly the right term for someone who was abducted, and who then had bits of brain scooped out by a butcher with a medical degree."
He sighed, "There's always hope, however faint... but no, I would not expect you to get away. There are only so many Fallen we can rescue, as it were, and Kira is the one who gets away today..."

Anja wrote:"You will find Cauls are hard to destroy."
The Nephandus muttered stubbornly.
"And my Labyrinth will not go down easy!"
He nodded, "I know, I was with the group that took down two, two months ago. Larson's, which was the more unpleasant one, and the one Abigail had birthed in Chicago some seventy years ago... I did not personally participate in that one, though."

Anja wrote:"It is an...Exemplar it will not let you get the Labyrinth, it have to be safe...it have to I can not loose it all!"
The Fallen man muttered almost pleadingly.
"The Labyrinth have to be fine."
He shook his head, "I'll not go into further details on that, then... Hum... While we're waiting for Lady Crexia, perhaps you would care to indulge me in a small experiment? You've lost apprentices in the past, but... I wonder if I could manage to piggyback on the remnants of those connections to see how their reincarnations, if they are reborn yet, are doing today? Seeing as you are unwilling to discuss the Labyrinth further, I mean."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:48 am

[Basement]

Colin gave Kallan a dirty look, "Well, now, 'donor' is hardly the right term for someone who was abducted, and who then had bits of brain scooped out by a butcher with a medical degree."

"Well no I guess you are correct about that."
Kallan said with a sigh.
"I did not mean any offense."

He sighed, "There's always hope, however faint... but no, I would not expect you to get away. There are only so many Fallen we can rescue, as it were, and Kira is the one who gets away today..."

"Yes...my apprentice have to be saved."
The Nephandus muttered his eyes was full of terror though and he looked just about ready to panic.

He nodded, "I know, I was with the group that took down two, two months ago. Larson's, which was the more unpleasant one, and the one Abigail had birthed in Chicago some seventy years ago... I did not personally participate in that one, though."

"You can not just destroy Cauls they are the epiphany of unholy!"
The Nephandus exclaimed and he gave you a dirty look.

He shook his head, "I'll not go into further details on that, then... Hum... While we're waiting for Lady Crexia, perhaps you would care to indulge me in a small experiment? You've lost apprentices in the past, but... I wonder if I could manage to piggyback on the remnants of those connections to see how their reincarnations, if they are reborn yet, are doing today? Seeing as you are unwilling to discuss the Labyrinth further, I mean."

"I...."
Kallan's eyes filled with sadness then he nodded.
"I would like that Mr Wainwright, to know if they, are happy in their new reincarnations, if they have been reincarnated...I...if you can do that I would be very grateful."
He said with a sad smile.
"I have lost every one of my apprentices but Kira...every one."
The Nephandus whispered with boundless sadness.
"So many graves..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:18 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, then left the room fiddling with her cell phone; her first call to the Chantry-mate who'd managed to sort out the meeting with the Ratkin earlier...

[Sorry, can't remember their name...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:11 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Well no I guess you are correct about that."
Kallan said with a sigh.
"I did not mean any offense."
Colin's expression softened, "No, I suppose you didn't. And I'm fairly sure you were not, in fact, to blame for that incident in the first place. That would have been all on Jace, Dahl, and their Union connections..."

Anja wrote:"Yes...my apprentice have to be saved."
The Nephandus muttered his eyes was full of terror though and he looked just about ready to panic.
He nodded, "And she is. Not even the bravest Quaesitor is going to lay a finger on her now."

Anja wrote:"You can not just destroy Cauls they are the epiphany of unholy!"
The Nephandus exclaimed and he gave you a dirty look.
He shrugged, "From my vantage point, that's rather why Cauls have to be... dealt with. Destroyed, or the transformative magic unraveled and rolled back to where only the infant whence they were made remains..."

Anja wrote:"I...."
Kallan's eyes filled with sadness then he nodded.
"I would like that Mr Wainwright, to know if they, are happy in their new reincarnations, if they have been reincarnated...I...if you can do that I would be very grateful."
He said with a sad smile.
"I have lost every one of my apprentices but Kira...every one."
The Nephandus whispered with boundless sadness.
"So many graves..."
He nodded, fished out pen and notebook, and drew up a quick circle, working quietly to mark off a star point for each lost apprentice, and started searching for the connections coming off Kallan, surreptitiously making a mental note of any other links he might have to other people and places for later examination.

((OOC: So, Correspondence 2, perhaps with Entropy 1 or 2 to help with filtering and sorting? Arete rolls: 1,6,8 - 2,8,0 - 6,6,9 - 6,8,0. I think that's the ritual cap on successes... Rough start, but that should still be a success on the first roll with Foci and Node and all...)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:32 pm

[Basement]

Colin's expression softened, "No, I suppose you didn't. And I'm fairly sure you were not, in fact, to blame for that incident in the first place. That would have been all on Jace, Dahl, and their Union connections..."

"I have as far as I know never kidnapped anyone and taken bits of their brain no."
Kallan replied simply.

He nodded, "And she is. Not even the bravest Quaesitor is going to lay a finger on her now."

The prisoner smiled slightly at that.
"Good, I hope that you are right Mr Wainwright."

He shrugged, "From my vantage point, that's rather why Cauls have to be... dealt with. Destroyed, or the transformative magic unraveled and rolled back to where only the infant whence they were made remains..."

"So you have learned what they are made of."
Kallan said with a frown.
"And you can not be allowed to destroy their magnificence."

He nodded, fished out pen and notebook, and drew up a quick circle, working quietly to mark off a star point for each lost apprentice, and started searching for the connections coming off Kallan, surreptitiously making a mental note of any other links he might have to other people and places for later examination.

ou found three links, one went to a sleeping little girl in a Hermetic collage Chantry, she was in a dormitory with other young apprentices, tucked in for the night, the room was quiet, the four apprentices sleeping. The second link you followed where cut off by a Hermetic Parma, you did not find the person but you where pretty sure a parma cut your attempt short meaning the person owning the Parma was alive and well. The third link led you to Sweden to a Hagalaz rune mage who was sitting in a bar, drinking while reading a book, he to seamed to be quite well.

There where no longer links with Kallan other than Kira he had clearly taken care of hiding of cutting them before doing to battle.

[Steelhaven]

Nicole nodded to this, then left the room fiddling with her cell phone; her first call to the Chantry-mate who'd managed to sort out the meeting with the Ratkin earlier...

You called Henrietta and quickly got a reply.
"Yes this is Day, what can I help you with?"

(OOC: I am pretty sure it was Henrietta who sat up that meeting.)
(OOC 2: Any other of Kallan's students would not be incarnate at this time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:43 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:The prisoner smiled slightly at that.
"Good, I hope that you are right Mr Wainwright."
Colin smiled thinly, "Considering who has laid her protective hand over Kira, there's no one that brave. Possibly that insane, but such people would likely not last long enough in a Quaesitor's position..."

Anja wrote:"So you have learned what they are made of."
Kallan said with a frown.
"And you can not be allowed to destroy their magnificence."
He shook his head, "I have not only learned what they were made of, but who they were made of, in the case of the two whose end I was present for... I'm afraid I cannot accept your admonition regarding dealing with such abuses of children."

Anja wrote:ou found three links, one went to a sleeping little girl in a Hermetic collage Chantry, she was in a dormitory with other young apprentices, tucked in for the night, the room was quiet, the four apprentices sleeping. The second link you followed where cut off by a Hermetic Parma, you did not find the person but you where pretty sure a parma cut your attempt short meaning the person owning the Parma was alive and well. The third link led you to Sweden to a Hagalaz rune mage who was sitting in a bar, drinking while reading a book, he to seamed to be quite well.
He showed Kallan the sights - one-way views only - and smiled thinly, "Three are reincarnated, two of which are Hermetics, it seems... Looks like the little girl is in North America or Western Europe going by the time of day. The other Hermetic has a very neatly constructed Parma, or so I assume - it looks like the modern version of the spell, unless I am very much mistaken - and the third is... I think he might be Hagalaz, somewhere in Sweden. But they are alive and well... Perhaps letting the world limp along and try to improve is looking a little more worth it, seeing that your old apprentices are reborn and well, hmmm?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:50 pm

[Basement]

Colin smiled thinly, "Considering who has laid her protective hand over Kira, there's no one that brave. Possibly that insane, but such people would likely not last long enough in a Quaesitor's position..."

"Good...that is good hopefully Kira can learn to trust her."
Kallan said.
"Hopefully Kira can live...a long and happy life...will you tell Mistress Crexia about Kira's magickal siblings so that when she is old enough, she can know she was not the only one of my lineage."
He requested.

He shook his head, "I have not only learned what they were made of, but who they were made of, in the case of the two whose end I was present for... I'm afraid I cannot accept your admonition regarding dealing with such abuses of children."

"Abuses? It is glorious, unholy defilement in the name of unreality itself!"
The Nephandus said sounding rather insulted.
"The children are deified, there can be no greater honor!"

He showed Kallan the sights - one-way views only - and smiled thinly, "Three are reincarnated, two of which are Hermetics, it seems... Looks like the little girl is in North America or Western Europe going by the time of day. The other Hermetic has a very neatly constructed Parma, or so I assume - it looks like the modern version of the spell, unless I am very much mistaken - and the third is... I think he might be Hagalaz, somewhere in Sweden. But they are alive and well... Perhaps letting the world limp along and try to improve is looking a little more worth it, seeing that your old apprentices are reborn and well, hmmm?"

"They...are alive...they are alive..."
Kallan whispered his eyes wide as he looked at the vision of his reincarnated apprentices.
"They are there so gloriously alive..."
He said then he looked up at you, tears finally ran down his cheeks.
"The Nightmare Carnival is in Boston, it is coming to aid Wallace Jace's plans, I can feel it in my bones, the horror and glory of it, a natural Caul of immense power, it's representative is honoring our Labyrinth with it's presence. That is the information you wanted Mr Wainwright, I do not know that it will do you much good, but...I do not want a world with my apprentices in it to not exist...is there anything else you wanted to know? To the extent I am able to in my captivity I am your man."
He said firmly.
"To save my magickal children, and Kira..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:24 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Good...that is good hopefully Kira can learn to trust her."
Kallan said.
"Hopefully Kira can live...a long and happy life...will you tell Mistress Crexia about Kira's magickal siblings so that when she is old enough, she can know she was not the only one of my lineage."
He requested.
Colin nodded, "I will. Or you could tell her yourself when she comes down for the legal transaction."

Anja wrote:"Abuses? It is glorious, unholy defilement in the name of unreality itself!"
The Nephandus said sounding rather insulted.
"The children are deified, there can be no greater honor!"
His voice took on a slightly icy tone, "One of those children was, in a sense, my grandchild, by the reincarnation of one of my vulgar children in a prior life... While I do not doubt that to you, it is the greatest honour and glory one could conceive of, to me, it is one of the greatest insult to Creation one could devise. While a natural Caul is, well, a natural occurrence, I suppose, the knockoff is merely a wrongness that must be righted."

Anja wrote:"They...are alive...they are alive..."
Kallan whispered his eyes wide as he looked at the vision of his reincarnated apprentices.
"They are there so gloriously alive..."
He said then he looked up at you, tears finally ran down his cheeks.
"The Nightmare Carnival is in Boston, it is coming to aid Wallace Jace's plans, I can feel it in my bones, the horror and glory of it, a natural Caul of immense power, it's representative is honoring our Labyrinth with it's presence. That is the information you wanted Mr Wainwright, I do not know that it will do you much good, but...I do not want a world with my apprentices in it to not exist...is there anything else you wanted to know? To the extent I am able to in my captivity I am your man."
He said firmly.
"To save my magickal children, and Kira..."
He smiled warmly, "Thank you... The Nightmare Carnival - does it resemble a literal traveling carnival, complete with scary clowns and a freak show, or does it more resemble, er, the oversized orifices I've seen before? Also, regarding Jace's assistance, I don't suppose you know any names of the little band of ghosts he has with him? Could be useful..."
He pondered, "Also, I do have one nugget of information for you, for after Lady Crexia is done here... it might be a way out for your soul, if you have the will and the luck before the time comes..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:16 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:Ange smiled a little at that.
"Well now that is quite a title."
She said then she nodded.
"Well I have her name and image, if you can get me to somewhere quiet where I can work I will see what I can find."

"To the ritual rooms we go!" Serge said, pointing in the direction they needed to go. He waved goodbye to the young girls and his Uncle before leading his mentor down to the basement.

Anja wrote:"The Song of Orpheus...no that would not be easy any other mean I can think of would be to change her magickal nature, which is perhaps even harder...well let us find her first and then consider what can be done."
Your Mentor said with a nod.
"We could perhaps ask Master Nassa for help, but like you said he might not be willing to."

As Serge led his mentor down to basement he talked more on his thought processes. "Yeah, I was gonna ask Master Nassa later. He's preparing for a rather large mission right now so it may be while before I get the chance. Can't imagine he'd take on such a risk though. I do like the idea of changling her magical nature. If there was a way we could make it so that she could feed on mental energies without hurting her victims the we wouldn't need to destroy her. But I wouldnt even know where to start with that."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:21 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "I will. Or you could tell her yourself when she comes down for the legal transaction."

"Very well, I can ask her myself and I hope she will listen to me."
Kallan agreed with a nod.

His voice took on a slightly icy tone, "One of those children was, in a sense, my grandchild, by the reincarnation of one of my vulgar children in a prior life... While I do not doubt that to you, it is the greatest honour and glory one could conceive of, to me, it is one of the greatest insult to Creation one could devise. While a natural Caul is, well, a natural occurrence, I suppose, the knockoff is merely a wrongness that must be righted."

"I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on that. I am not going to stop seeing a Caul, even a created one as a glorious, unholy creature of untold magnificence, a portal to nothingness itself."
The Nephandus said with reverence in his voice.

He smiled warmly, "Thank you... The Nightmare Carnival - does it resemble a literal traveling carnival, complete with scary clowns and a freak show, or does it more resemble, er, the oversized orifices I've seen before?

"The former, it is a wast, traveling carnival with scary clowns and a freak show and if you go with them...you Fall."
The Nephandus replied.

Also, regarding Jace's assistance, I don't suppose you know any names of the little band of ghosts he has with him? Could be useful..."

"I know some, Lisa Larson, a woman named Abigail who was a Lord of the Labyrinth in Chicago, another woman named Jerkins, Jodelle I think Jodelle Jerkins. Carlos Nilvan who was sentenced for working with the Nephandi. Catherine Dalvar who was sentenced for Gilgulling captured Technocrats. Two men sentenced for that scandal involving Orphans and the island of the Avatar Eaters back in the 80's I do no remember their names but it should be a matter of public records. The same with this Flambeau who killed a bunch of Virtual Adepts not to mention Sleepers, his name should also be a part of common records, I am sorry for a Hermetic I am terrible at remembering names. Anyway those are the ones I know but there are others."
Kallan replied.

He pondered, "Also, I do have one nugget of information for you, for after Lady Crexia is done here... it might be a way out for your soul, if you have the will and the luck before the time comes..."

"A way out for my soul? I do not understand, is that possible, to save my Avatar?
The prisoner asked with a look of not really daring to hope in his eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:04 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, this is Nick. Need you to pass a message to the rats... for what it's worth.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:40 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Very well, I can ask her myself and I hope she will listen to me."
Kallan agreed with a nod.
Colin smiled thinly, "Considering you have me supporting it, she just might."

Anja wrote:"I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on that. I am not going to stop seeing a Caul, even a created one as a glorious, unholy creature of untold magnificence, a portal to nothingness itself."
The Nephandus said with reverence in his voice.
He nodded, "So we will."

Anja wrote:"The former, it is a wast, traveling carnival with scary clowns and a freak show and if you go with them...you Fall."
The Nephandus replied.
He frowned, "That does contextually clarify a number of urban legends of, well, obviously..."

Anja wrote:"I know some, Lisa Larson, a woman named Abigail who was a Lord of the Labyrinth in Chicago, another woman named Jerkins, Jodelle I think Jodelle Jerkins. Carlos Nilvan who was sentenced for working with the Nephandi. Catherine Dalvar who was sentenced for Gilgulling captured Technocrats. Two men sentenced for that scandal involving Orphans and the island of the Avatar Eaters back in the 80's I do no remember their names but it should be a matter of public records. The same with this Flambeau who killed a bunch of Virtual Adepts not to mention Sleepers, his name should also be a part of common records, I am sorry for a Hermetic I am terrible at remembering names. Anyway those are the ones I know but there are others."
Kallan replied.
He scratched the bridge of his nose, "Nilvan and Dalvar, I don't know. The ones from the Avatar Eater island case, only by reputation, though I met the apprentice of one of them... poor girl. Xavier Farvalley, though, I've spoken with... what remains of him, and he remains unrepentant. Larson and Abigail were the usurper and Gilledian of the Labyrinths we brought down two months ago - I personally had a strong hand in their captures, and Jodelle was... not a friend, but a respected enemy. I personally interrogated her, in fact; we found an understanding as fellow warriors."
He pondered, "Jodelle is perhaps the strongest person I've met - even at the end, after all was said and done, she had the strength to stand up unaided. Even Teomim needed a staff for support before the final execution..."

Anja wrote:"A way out for my soul? I do not understand, is that possible, to save my Avatar?
The prisoner asked with a look of not really daring to hope in his eyes.
He nodded, "A snowball's chance in Hell, to be sure, and it would require you to turn your back on the Fallen, and come back home... but it is possible. I don't believe you're willing to go for it, though..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:39 pm

[Common Room]

"To the ritual rooms we go!" Serge said, pointing in the direction they needed to go. He waved goodbye to the young girls and his Uncle before leading his mentor down to the basement.

"Indeed off to the ritual chamber we go."
Ange said and she stood slowly leaning on her crunches and she followed you though the stairs went slowly as she could not fully lay weight on her legs yet.
"I seam to be developing a understanding for your dislike of stairs Serge."
The older Cultist commented wryly.

As Serge led his mentor down to basement he talked more on his thought processes. "Yeah, I was gonna ask Master Nassa later. He's preparing for a rather large mission right now so it may be while before I get the chance. Can't imagine he'd take on such a risk though.

"No unless Master Nassa owe you a major favor then there is no chance he will take such a risk for a being he have no loyalty towards."
Your Mentor said simply.

I do like the idea of changling her magical nature. If there was a way we could make it so that she could feed on mental energies without hurting her victims the we wouldn't need to destroy her. But I wouldnt even know where to start with that."

"Just changing one thing about her nature is not easy but we might be able to change the entirety of her being though that is beyond me, it might still be less offensive towards the Consensus than bringing someone back from the dead though."
Ange mushed.
"But it might be possible."

[Basement]

Colin smiled thinly, "Considering you have me supporting it, she just might."

Kallan nodded at that.

He nodded, "So we will."

Again the Nephandus just nodded.

He frowned, "That does contextually clarify a number of urban legends of, well, obviously..."

"Ah...no that is another supernatural carnival, very few will see the Caul, only those ready to enter it. The Midnight Circus though travel from town to town offering it's dark delights to anyone with coin and they have done so for years."
The Fallen man explained.

He scratched the bridge of his nose, "Nilvan and Dalvar, I don't know. The ones from the Avatar Eater island case, only by reputation, though I met the apprentice of one of them... poor girl. Xavier Farvalley, though, I've spoken with... what remains of him, and he remains unrepentant. Larson and Abigail were the usurper and Gilledian of the Labyrinths we brought down two months ago - I personally had a strong hand in their captures, and Jodelle was... not a friend, but a respected enemy. I personally interrogated her, in fact; we found an understanding as fellow warriors."
He pondered, "Jodelle is perhaps the strongest person I've met - even at the end, after all was said and done, she had the strength to stand up unaided. Even Teomim needed a staff for support before the final execution..."

"Jodelle Jerkins stood after...well damn that is impressive. Well I have told you what I know of Wallace Jace's ghosts I do not know anything about those I have not mentioned."
Kallan said with a sigh.

He nodded, "A snowball's chance in Hell, to be sure, and it would require you to turn your back on the Fallen, and come back home... but it is possible. I don't believe you're willing to go for it, though..."

"If t means keeping my magick there is quite a few things I am willing to do Mr Wainwright, what is this snowball's chance in hell you are talking about?"
The Nephandus asked.

[Steelhaven]

'Yeah, this is Nick. Need you to pass a message to the rats... for what it's worth.'

"Well I can certainly pass a message on to my contact and we will see who he bring it to, what do you want me to say?"
Henrietta asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:29 pm

[Hobby Room]

"What won't happen the Union being suspicious of me from having been captured or me being allowed to go home?"
Thomas asked nervously.

"The suspicion." He put the acrylic where it might act as a bit of a mirror so he could keep lookout. Then he went around the room and casually moved things that would be of obvious help to get out of bonds quick. Every once in a while he would check the mirror or directly look to make sure there was no funny business going on while they chatted.

"Yeah some of the leaders of my Convention think that we can keep the other Conventions at bay and maintain our position but that is a risky game and it is us not living on ships that are going to pay the price first."

"It seems poor you have no representatives that are on the ground so to speak."

The Void Engineer said and then his eyes followed a small, paper ball sort of jump out of a storage box and roll across the floor.
"Ehm...is this place haunted?"

"I am having a paradox reaction, relatively minor, thankfully." He gestured at something as his voice disturbed it.

"Fae are like cute and glittery right how dangerous can they be?"
Thomas asked.
"Not that I am saying they exist or anything."

"From all accounts I have heard, very, if you treat them poorly. And they do not all look like in modern picture books, either. There are many myths that give a variety of accountings."

"Yeah it is to control things and try to make the Consensus forget, that is how the Union drove dragons and other bygones fro Earth but you can still find them in the Void at times."
The young Technomancer said then he sigh.
"And yes it bothers me a little."

"Only a little?"

"Yeah I am not so sure that is possible."
Thomas replied

"Why? If one doesn't try, one will never know for sure."

"Yeah...I guess it sort of is but that is the Union for you. There is nothing I can do about that."

"Why? What is better, to put your own head on the chopping block as an offering, or to fight your way out in hopes that some will survive? Or to try to get a decent leadership while also making a better exit strategy? I am beginning to think that due to the demands of the other conventions you are starting to lose your ability to grasp other possibilities, create new chances, see opportunities along with having blinders on for your soul. Maybe the two are even related. Yes, it may be risky but so is doing nothing at all."

"That is pretty cool."
Thomas said.
"I guess I can check out some books on him when I get out of here...if I get out of here. But yeah we have our roots in Greek and Roman shipping guilds so there might be some connection, well the Void Seekers have that connection not my lineage but even so, it is interesting...so what are you? Like a teacher or something in sleeper society? You sure seam to know allot."

"I'm not sure if there is much more to find, however the point stands that while Icarus was made famous for dying by flying too high, another son took a boat and made a colony somewhere else, and recalled his father's name and where he came from and one would hope he made things better for the people that went with him. He was a leader." He shrugged slightly. "I know a lot about some things, but other things I don't know much about in this lifetime at least." He gave him a faint smile. "This is probably not the kind of discussion you expected to have with a Traditionalist, is it?"

Andrew was outside, a book bag at his side, the young Scribe bowed. "I was told you needed help keeping guard of a prisoner Sir." He said politely not mentioning names.

"Ah, yes...greetings." He moved aside quickly to let him in the room. He felt a pang of worry at someone so young being charged with guarding him but he'd done well and was discreet. But if he was going to stay he needed more information and his pater and the Chief should know who was watching him.

"So here I am, I am not busy with anything else. Also I was told to tell you that the Deaconess is going to set up a time bubble for those who need rest up in the chapel, bedding and water is prepared so you can just head up. "The one who sent me also wanted me to tell you that she recruited your brother's mother to come down and sit with our vampire guest so he will have some company for a while."

"I see, thank you for your assistance in this matter and for relating the messages. Do you know how to check bonds on one's hands and limbs to ensure they remain unharmed? And how to reapply them correctly? Also, perhaps I should have someone stay with you to assist, in case you need to ask for help quickly or need someone to help you with food, water and bathroom breaks and so on...a spirit, perhaps..." He mused to himself, and then took out his writing board. He would have to leave him a roll of ta "I have a few noteworthy instructions," he said while keeping an eye on their 'guest.' "He will be staying here for a bit while we deal with some other problems. He will be released, in time but for now he is to stay here and not escape," he began as he wrote down a bit more for Andrew.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:15 pm

[Hobby Room]

"The suspicion." He put the acrylic where it might act as a bit of a mirror so he could keep lookout. Then he went around the room and casually moved things that would be of obvious help to get out of bonds quick. Every once in a while he would check the mirror or directly look to make sure there was no funny business going on while they chatted.

"But they would suspect me when I return if they find out I have been captured."
Thomas protested. For now he did not resist or try to get free though.

"It seems poor you have no representatives that are on the ground so to speak."

"Yeah our leaders all live in the Void."
The Void Engineer confirmed.

"I am having a paradox reaction, relatively minor, thankfully." He gestured at something as his voice disturbed it.

"Ah...I understand, well Paradox suck but it do not seam like the worst reaction you could be having."
The young Technomancer said as his eyes followed the paper ball as it rolled around on the floor on it's own.
"I am sure you would be a hoot for cats right now though."
He added with a bit of a smile.

"From all accounts I have heard, very, if you treat them poorly. And they do not all look like in modern picture books, either. There are many myths that give a variety of accountings."

"And they realy exist...like in really? I mean the Void representation of the Moon is off limits because the Union do not want us to run into something they claim do not exist but even so...fay are really, really real?"
The kid asked wide eyed.

"Only a little?"

"Well no...not only a little."
He replied with a sigh.

"Why? If one doesn't try, one will never know for sure."

"Trying often comes with to much risk, failure means death."

"Why? What is better, to put your own head on the chopping block as an offering, or to fight your way out in hopes that some will survive? Or to try to get a decent leadership while also making a better exit strategy? I am beginning to think that due to the demands of the other conventions you are starting to lose your ability to grasp other possibilities, create new chances, see opportunities along with having blinders on for your soul. Maybe the two are even related. Yes, it may be risky but so is doing nothing at all."

Thomas was quiet for a while then he sigh and looked away.
"Perhaps you are right, but I do not see that there are allot of alternatives really, and what can I do, I am just a Cadet, and apprentice I have no power, but yeah I think many have stopped even hoping for an alternative I...well I don't know...we have been with the Union from the start we can not just leave now."

I'm not sure if there is much more to find, however the point stands that while Icarus was made famous for dying by flying too high, another son took a boat and made a colony somewhere else, and recalled his father's name and where he came from and one would hope he made things better for the people that went with him. He was a leader." He shrugged slightly. "I know a lot about some things, but other things I don't know much about in this lifetime at least." He gave him a faint smile. "This is probably not the kind of discussion you expected to have with a Traditionalist, is it?"

"Well no it is not the conversation I expected no...well someone who take a ship and go and explore new land fit us, that is what my Convention have always do, we explore, discover and hope our discovering will benefit all of humanity."
Thomas replied.

"Ah, yes...greetings." He moved aside quickly to let him in the room. He felt a pang of worry at someone so young being charged with guarding him but he'd done well and was discreet. But if he was going to stay he needed more information and his pater and the Chief should know who was watching him.

"Yes Greetings Sir."
Andrew said as he quickly stepped into the room he smiled to Thomas and said.
"Hi."
Thomas seamed a little confused but he nodded.
"Ehm...hi..."
He said back.

"I see, thank you for your assistance in this matter and for relating the messages. Do you know how to check bonds on one's hands and limbs to ensure they remain unharmed?

"Yes my Mentor have shown me how...in case it was ever needed Sir."
Andrew replied.

And how to reapply them correctly?

"Ehm...no...I have never tried anyone up Sir."

Also, perhaps I should have someone stay with you to assist, in case you need to ask for help quickly or need someone to help you with food, water and bathroom breaks and so on...a spirit, perhaps..."

"Ehm...sure Sir."
The young Scribe said.
"I will not eat, not while restrained I will not be fed like a child, nor will I let someone hep me to the loo I will not be humiliated like that."
Thomas declared angrily.

He mused to himself, and then took out his writing board. He would have to leave him a roll of ta "I have a few noteworthy instructions," he said while keeping an eye on their 'guest.' "He will be staying here for a bit while we deal with some other problems. He will be released, in time but for now he is to stay here and not escape," he began as he wrote down a bit more for Andrew.

"Yeah sure Sir I will follow your instruction. Ehm what do I do if he refuse to eat and drink?"
Andrew asked as he glanced at Thomas and waited for you to finish writing your instructions.
"I will watch him the way I understood it from the one who gave me the job though what was needed was not a guard but someone to keep him with company so he will not get scared and she though someone his own age might seam less terrifying, I have brought along some thing to keep him entertained like my tablet, I could put on a show or something."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:23 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'We've found the place the kinfolk are at. We're going to hit it. If any want to come along and save their fucking relatives, I'll be in the parking lot outside the Dunkin's on Harrison in Roxbury to give them a ride out there. But I can only wait for about fifteen, so they'll need to move fast.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:29 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Ah...no that is another supernatural carnival, very few will see the Caul, only those ready to enter it. The Midnight Circus though travel from town to town offering it's dark delights to anyone with coin and they have done so for years."
The Fallen man explained.
Colin grimaced and deadpanned, "So there are two traveling circuses laden with nightmare fuel going around, one worse than the other. Joy."

Anja wrote:"Jodelle Jerkins stood after...well damn that is impressive. Well I have told you what I know of Wallace Jace's ghosts I do not know anything about those I have not mentioned."
Kallan said with a sigh.
He nodded, "Well, that's at least four ghosts whose former Avatars I carry pieces of... Jace's too. Not that I've communicated with them all, mind you, but I know I have fragments of them... I've been informed they are scared by me; it's a darkly amusing thought, to be honest."

Anja wrote:"If t means keeping my magick there is quite a few things I am willing to do Mr Wainwright, what is this snowball's chance in hell you are talking about?"
The Nephandus asked.
He frowned, "You would have to renounce the Fallen and revert your Avatar to its previous state... It'd still be highly likely you would be executed, however as a Nephandus reverted, you'd be a... very new legal precedent, and I should say before the Nine, your Avatar would stand a very good chance at being spared."
He sighed, "But, you are devoted to nonexistence, so unless you radically change your mind about that... no, the chance is not at all good."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:40 pm

[Hobby Room]

"But they would suspect me when I return if they find out I have been captured."
Thomas protested. For now he did not resist or try to get free though.

"You know, if they're so afraid of what we say while any of you are here, it says a lot about them, don't you find?"

"Ah...I understand, well Paradox suck but it do not seam like the worst reaction you could be having."
The young Technomancer said as his eyes followed the paper ball as it rolled around on the floor on it's own.
"I am sure you would be a hoot for cats right now though."
He added with a bit of a smile.

He smiled a little. "I suppose I would."

"And they realy exist...like in really? I mean the Void representation of the Moon is off limits because the Union do not want us to run into something they claim do not exist but even so...fay are really, really real?"
The kid asked wide eyed.

"Seeing as how that might get you in trouble of a kind I should probably not answer with what I think about the matter."

"Trying often comes with to much risk, failure means death."

"Not trying also seems to equate death, just a slower type with less initiative on your part."

"Perhaps you are right, but I do not see that there are allot of alternatives really, and what can I do, I am just a Cadet, and apprentice I have no power, but yeah I think many have stopped even hoping for an alternative I...well I don't know...we have been with the Union from the start we can not just leave now."

"Why not?" he asked, tipping his head. "For all you may think they're traitors for joining us, but it's proof there have been others who walked that dangerous path. Besides, they seem to be trying to make you obsolete, or unnecessary from what you say...and many of us started out as an apprentice."

"Well no it is not the conversation I expected no...well someone who take a ship and go and explore new land fit us, that is what my Convention have always do, we explore, discover and hope our discovering will benefit all of humanity."
Thomas replied.

"All humanity including us?" he asked.

"Yes my Mentor have shown me how...in case it was ever needed Sir."
Andrew replied.

"Good."

"Ehm...no...I have never tried anyone up Sir."

"Then you will ask for assistance if we have to do so, we don't wish him to be harmed."

"Ehm...sure Sir."
The young Scribe said.
"I will not eat, not while restrained I will not be fed like a child, nor will I let someone hep me to the loo I will not be humiliated like that."
Thomas declared angrily.

"Save your fire for a better direction, I am not trying to humiliate you. We will have to have someone with you, as we can't let you wander the place in search of a toilet, and we will need to get your food as being in two places at once is rather a challenge for those not schooled in that art. Have you any allergies?"

"Yeah sure Sir I will follow your instruction. Ehm what do I do if he refuse to eat and drink?"
Andrew asked as he glanced at Thomas and waited for you to finish writing your instructions.
"I will watch him the way I understood it from the one who gave me the job though what was needed was not a guard but someone to keep him with company so he will not get scared and she though someone his own age might seam less terrifying, I have brought along some thing to keep him entertained like my tablet, I could put on a show or something."

"If you need help then ask, I will not be available but there should be someone to help you if you need it, I'll try to see to it before I rest. And yes, we do want some company for him..." he agreed. He continued to write down what he needed to write up. "I'm sorry but I'm afflicted by paradox if you're wondering..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:18 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Indeed off to the ritual chamber we go."
Ange said and she stood slowly leaning on her crunches and she followed you though the stairs went slowly as she could not fully lay weight on her legs yet.
"I seam to be developing a understanding for your dislike of stairs Serge."
The older Cultist commented wryly.

"Do you need some help?" he said in a worried tone, slowing down a little to give his mentor a chance to catch up. He was still anxious about his mentor's condition, despite his mentor's assurance that she was alright.

Anja wrote:"No unless Master Nassa owe you a major favor then there is no chance he will take such a risk for a being he have no loyalty towards."
Your Mentor said simply.

"He does owe me a favor but nothing big enough for this. Same thing with Ms. Gottschalk. Her mentor can also cast the spell but I don't have anything to offer them for doing it." he commented. "Then there's also the whole problem with reviving someone in the first place. The spell was meant to bring back regular ghosts. Doing it on something as wild and chaotic as a changling ghost is bound to carry certain risks."

Anja wrote:"Just changing one thing about her nature is not easy but we might be able to change the entirety of her being though that is beyond me, it might still be less offensive towards the Consensus than bringing someone back from the dead though."
Ange mushed.
"But it might be possible."

"Changing her into a spirit of dreams or victory or something would be neat or just removing that annoying feeding requirement altogether. But yeah, if it's beyond you I can't imagine how far I am from it." Serge said with a sigh, "I wish I knew more about the nature of what exactly it is that sustains her. The books claim that she needs to consume the 'ability to dream' in order to sustain her existence. Does it have to be that? Rather than just straight up murdering dreamers could she sustain herself with quintessence with the right resonance? Tass created from the quintessence derived from creative dreams. I've read that changeling are empowered by things of that nature. If feeding on something like that could sustain her, we'd have a better bargaining chip for her. Producing food for her so that she didn't need to harm others."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:38 am

[Steelhaven]

We've found the place the kinfolk are at. We're going to hit it. If any want to come along and save their fucking relatives, I'll be in the parking lot outside the Dunkin's on Harrison in Roxbury to give them a ride out there. But I can only wait for about fifteen, so they'll need to move fast.'

"Noted I will get the message delivered."
Henrietta replied.
"Is there anything else you want me to add?"

[Hobby Room]

"You know, if they're so afraid of what we say while any of you are here, it says a lot about them, don't you find?"

"Yeah...I guess so."
Thomas said.
"They do not want us to become Deviants."

He smiled a little. "I suppose I would."

"You could just sit reading aloud or something and it would entertain all the cats."
The kid said with a grin.

"Seeing as how that might get you in trouble of a kind I should probably not answer with what I think about the matter."

"I guess you are right about that you better not."
The Technocrat muttered.

"Not trying also seems to equate death, just a slower type with less initiative on your part."

"That is what my Mentor thinks at least."
Thomas replied with a frown.

"Why not?" he asked, tipping his head. "For all you may think they're traitors for joining us, but it's proof there have been others who walked that dangerous path. Besides, they seem to be trying to make you obsolete, or unnecessary from what you say...and many of us started out as an apprentice."

"You are thinking about the Sons of Ether who left back in the 1900 or something and the Virtual Adepts...there have been talks but as far as I know our leadership want us to stay, especially considering what happened to the Virtual Adept when they left, they where hunted like crazy, eight hundred Adepts left the Union and only two hundred made it to join the Traditions, we don't want that happening to us."
The young Void Engineer muttered.

"All humanity including us?" he asked.

"Ehm...no you are the enemy after all."

"Then you will ask for assistance if we have to do so, we don't wish him to be harmed."

"I will ask for help if I have to reapply his bindings Sir."
Andrew confirmed.

"Save your fire for a better direction, I am not trying to humiliate you. We will have to have someone with you, as we can't let you wander the place in search of a toilet, and we will need to get your food as being in two places at once is rather a challenge for those not schooled in that art. Have you any allergies?"

"So when I have to pee or I get hungry my hands will be freed so I can do so myself?"
Thomas asked.
"Not that I know of no I have no allergies."

If you need help then ask, I will not be available but there should be someone to help you if you need it, I'll try to see to it before I rest. And yes, we do want some company for him..." he agreed. He continued to write down what he needed to write up. "I'm sorry but I'm afflicted by paradox if you're wondering..."

"Yes Sir...sorry to hear you got Paradox Sir."
Andrew replied.
"I will ask for help if I need it."

[Steelhaven]

"Do you need some help?" he said in a worried tone, slowing down a little to give his mentor a chance to catch up. He was still anxious about his mentor's condition, despite his mentor's assurance that she was alright.

"Ah yes...thank you dear one."
Ange said as she let you support her down the stairs.
"And do not worry I am healing it just takes a bit of time."

"He does owe me a favor but nothing big enough for this. Same thing with Ms. Gottschalk. Her mentor can also cast the spell but I don't have anything to offer them for doing it." he commented. "Then there's also the whole problem with reviving someone in the first place. The spell was meant to bring back regular ghosts. Doing it on something as wild and chaotic as a changling ghost is bound to carry certain risks."

"The biggest danger with the Song of Orpheus is that the person you revive might end up coming back wrong, there is also the danger when doing it with undead that you have to overcome their true nature and that will not be easy and failing such a Paradox drawing spell can cause allot of problems so yes it would be quite dangerous."
Your Mentor agreed with a frown.
"So asking someone to take that risk for someone they do not know will not be an easy sell."

"Changing her into a spirit of dreams or victory or something would be neat or just removing that annoying feeding requirement altogether. But yeah, if it's beyond you I can't imagine how far I am from it." Serge said with a sigh,

"I was thinking to changing her from a Banshee into a lesser Dream Lord, who live of Quintessence like all spirits, it is beyond me, but not beyond my teacher."
Your teacher said.
"You do remember your grandmentor I take it Serge."

"I wish I knew more about the nature of what exactly it is that sustains her. The books claim that she needs to consume the 'ability to dream' in order to sustain her existence. Does it have to be that? Rather than just straight up murdering dreamers could she sustain herself with quintessence with the right resonance? Tass created from the quintessence derived from creative dreams. I've read that changeling are empowered by things of that nature. If feeding on something like that could sustain her, we'd have a better bargaining chip for her. Producing food for her so that she didn't need to harm others."

"No chances are it have to be exactly that dear one. Ghosts live of emotions, their own emotions that is generated by their Fetters, and fay are beings of imagination and dream so chances are she have to consume the dreams of others, not imaginative things created but their actual dreams."
Your Mentor said.
"There are likely no way around that. Not unless her nature is changed."

[Basement]

Colin grimaced and deadpanned, "So there are two traveling circuses laden with nightmare fuel going around, one worse than the other. Joy."

"One is full of supernatural creatures, including a few of ours, and some of the performers will feed on the customers to say it like that and the other is a Caul so yes there is every reason to be afraid of clowns."
Kallan replied with a grin.

He nodded, "Well, that's at least four ghosts whose former Avatars I carry pieces of... Jace's too. Not that I've communicated with them all, mind you, but I know I have fragments of them... I've been informed they are scared by me; it's a darkly amusing thought, to be honest."

"If you carry pieces of their Avatar the reason they are afraid of you is that you are probably a fetter."
The Nephandus said.
"There could be no greater Arcane connection."

He frowned, "You would have to renounce the Fallen and revert your Avatar to its previous state... It'd still be highly likely you would be executed, however as a Nephandus reverted, you'd be a... very new legal precedent, and I should say before the Nine, your Avatar would stand a very good chance at being spared."
He sighed, "But, you are devoted to nonexistence, so unless you radically change your mind about that... no, the chance is not at all good."

The Nephandus gave you an angry and hurt look.
"You do not need to feed me false hope that is just cruel."
He muttered.
"Here is the thing even if it should be possible to turn one's Avatar back, and I have heard rumors of a Flambeau widderslainte girl doing that, but it was done over years of seeking out aid from wise advisors and Seekings. To say someone can do that in two weeks tied up in a cell with no instruction what so ever is like saying ok we are not going to shoot you if you person with no musical skill or interest create a perfect symphony in ten minutes, it is not an atual hope and to be honest if that girl I heard of is real it is sort of like an insult to her efforts to indicate I can do the same as she spent years on with help from many, alone here tied up in a cell."
The Nephandus said sadly.
"And besides while I am willing to as me cleansing myself instead of Gilgul do not take anything from the Nephandi my only motivation would be to not get Gilgulled, and then I suspect it don't could as I do not really want to change. So when you say there is a chance give me a real chance or say nothing at all do not mock me please."
He grumbled and he had to struggle not to start crying.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next