Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 9 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Showed me the truth about an aspect. If you'd like to be all technical about it.'

Anja's Post:

'It's worth a try. After all, the current system is shit. And I refuse to be like taken in by Thatcher Syndrome.'

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Did you get the message, sir?' Nicole replied, giving a little frown as she drew her arms around her body in a the manner which was rather stereotypical of women when they confronted by a cold location.

[Find me a part of Boston which *isn't* gentrified. Stats show the nearest 'blue-collar' zones in the Boston area are towns on the edge of it, like Lowell. Reminds me heavily of the situation here regarding London. Just seems that Allston is a bit less gentrified, esp if Harvard is trying to re-develop but is unable to actually demolish yet.]

[So it's Allston, then?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 9 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:20 am

[Boston]

'Showed me the truth about an aspect. If you'd like to be all technical about it.'

"That is fair enough."
The spider replied.

'It's worth a try. After all, the current system is shit. And I refuse to be like taken in by Thatcher Syndrome.'

"I am not quite sure what Thatcher syndrome is but yes there do seam to be something rotten in the current political system I suspect the Wyrm have it's claws in it."
Alessa agreed.

[Waltham]

'Did you get the message, sir?' Nicole replied, giving a little frown as she drew her arms around her body in a the manner which was rather stereotypical of women when they confronted by a cold location.

"That you had gotten two allies yes I got that Miss Bouchard...well then now that we are all here we should probably move out, once we get closer to the target we can determine better the best way to approach it."
Jeffry said and he waited for a moment for input before he continued.
"There are likely to be wards so be careful, we can probably drive a little closer but I want us to go the rest of the way on foot to try to attract as little attention as possible."

[Narim's Room]

"Or a possibility of one. I don't know if it matters as much as what I experienced due to it..."

"You had a lesson to learn that is what is important Adley, not exactly what sort of reality you experienced."
Cita replied with a nod.

"Being afraid is normal and nothing to be ashamed of, I was afraid too...but you were so brave, no matter what you didn't give up and neither did we, and though he got it it wasn't his and never was and we stopped it, and now, here we are in this now, with another chance."

"I...would not want to die...if it happened I...could still help the Traditions, still be of use...and I would still want to be with you."
Narim muttered softly looking at you.
"But I really, really do not want to loose my Avatar. Damned Wallace Jace he really is an...an...asshole!"
The Virtual Adept muttered some of the fear becoming anger at the moment.
"He have to right to try to do this, he had an Avatar and he wasted it he can not have mine."

Because she was not alone and neither are you, or any of us. This I understood in simpler ways but there was more to it than I could grasp. Now I think there may be a way to strengthen beyond what we had done, because I tried to stand alone and hold you but I was not enough by myself. And I did not know how to reach out my hand for help, or where to hold onto to get a grip that would suffice."

The Virtual Adept nodded at that and he gave you a weak smile.
"Together then...we will beat this thing."

"Then...the lesson I learned before I now understand better than I did. We can use this to help keep that which does not belong to another within the one it should be with, and for other uses." He finished writing up the notes as best he could. A few times he had drawn an arrow and moved things around until it made the right pattern. As he went, he kept adding notes to the section below, this part was less defined and clear, having been a secondary realization after the primary one. "Can you help me with this?"

Helena read what you had written carefully with a concentrated look on her face-
"I can not say I understand all of it brother, but yes I get enough of the basics that I should be able to help you with it if you lead the working."
Your sister confirmed.
"This is...interesting and a very clever application of principles."
She muttered.

He squinted involuntarily as a brightness appeared, diamond gleaming fresh fallen snow and bright winter sun. Beautiful, cold and bright with no footsteps to disturb it, an expanse visited by wind and the sun. And looking at it would surely blind him. He shivered a little and then said to Cita, "We are well, thank you."

Cita glanced at you then she nodded.
"Okey good then I should head back to my task I do like to keep my promises. However if you feel worse or if something happens then do not hesitate to call me at once."
She said then she gave a nod to everyone gathered, waited to see if anyone had something to say before she left. Helena bowed as the Master of the Art left. Adley led the Virtual Adept to the door and politely gave her a bow as she left. Narim gave Cita a wave of his hand.
"Be well Master Telar and thank you."
"Be safe Master Sharaya."
Cita replied before she left."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:03 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Thatcher Syndrome is when an outsider who manages to crash the in-group then uses their own example to show "there's no problem". Named after the first woman Prime Minister in England, who then spent all her time using the "I made it, therefore so can you" line on other women which justified doing nothing to help them like, actually achieve it.' Nicole explained. 'Similar to the "Token Black Republican" here in the US. I ain't no traitor; won't forget where I came from, the folk still there or the fact I basically escaped from it by luck.'

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... no, the update from base. Got some intel come in on the way here.' Nicole replied. 'Plus; don't we have any other intel, sir? Or sorting out stuff like our goals and ROE?' Nicole replied, giving a little frown.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:55 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"One sweetened ice tea coming up."
Ryan replied with a half smile.

Serge returned the smile, hoping his Uncle's tea was better than the others he had had in his life.

Anja wrote:"It should not be difficult to borrow knowledge from two people if you know how to borrow from one."
Ange said.
"You will just have to adjust the spell a little dear one."

"Knowledge is malleable after all. Our own knowledge comes from multiple sources already. Bits and pieces we learn from watches those around us in our lives. Combining two people's knowledge into one shouldn't be hard at all...." he muttered to himself, clearly thinking of a way to do just that.

Anja wrote:"What you will need are an alternative way to work that let you get spells out on the fly."
Ange replied.
"Why should you not learn to use a gun even if Mr Wainwright use them?"
Ryan asked.
"That makes no sense."
He added.
"Could you perhaps make drawings that are almost done so you just have to add a few lines in a crisis situation dear one?"
Your Mentor asked.

"Most people suggest that. It's a good idea but has it's fair share of difficulties. People are different and faces are hard to draw. They require really fine details in order to connect with a specific person. I'm skilled enough to do it on the fly but it's a pretty big risk." Serge replied.

"And if we're talking about the bullet redirect spell specifically the real way I'd do that is with a spray painted gun. One that has my design that symbolizes cartoonish misdirection. Pull the trigger and laugh as I watch the enemy get hit with a bullet in the back that he expected to come from the front." he said with a chuckle, clearly imagining that scene in a much more PG fashion than what would actually happen. "But of course, I'd need a gun, spray paints, and actually learn how to use a firearm. Admittedly I only need the last thing."

Anja wrote:"Prime would make things easier yes, without it you have no other choice than to power though the shield and that is not always easy, but there are quite a few things you can do, remember Serge I have used mental magick in combat quite often."
Ange said with a bit of a frown.
"It is not always easy and you can not always do things directly that do not mean there is not thing you can do."

"What do you do when you get into a fight?" he asked hopefully. "When all the enemies have mind shields and you don't have the time to power through them?"

Anja wrote:"If using my favorite methods was an option that where practical and realistic for the situation I would use it, but I would not limit myself to only one trick and be fearful of using others."
Ryan said.
"You can teleport reliably can you not there is no reason why you can not use it in a fight. You should not bind yourself to just one type of magick."

Serge looked a little conflicted, clearly feeling very close to his mind magick and not wanting to betray it. In the end though he simply sighed and said grumpily, "Yeah...yeah your right. I haven't actually used teleportation in a battle before. For attacking at least. So far I've mainly thought about as a way to get out of harm's way despite never needing to so far. Haven't done anything as crazy as teleport a guy's gun out his hand. I really wanna do that...."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:50 am

[Boston]

'Thatcher Syndrome is when an outsider who manages to crash the in-group then uses their own example to show "there's no problem". Named after the first woman Prime Minister in England, who then spent all her time using the "I made it, therefore so can you" line on other women which justified doing nothing to help them like, actually achieve it.' Nicole explained. 'Similar to the "Token Black Republican" here in the US. I ain't no traitor; won't forget where I came from, the folk still there or the fact I basically escaped from it by luck.'

"I see..."
Alessa said clearly not getting your point.
"Well I can not really help someone become a shapeshifter, there is rumors there is a cursed ritual to do it but it is nothing you would like to use...hum also the Ravens are created rather than born but they have to start the process with babies."

[Waltham]

'Erm... no, the update from base. Got some intel come in on the way here.' Nicole replied. 'Plus; don't we have any other intel, sir? Or sorting out stuff like our goals and ROE?' Nicole replied, giving a little frown.

"Ah yes I got that from Mr Sherman. And our goals is fairly simple find Wallace Jace's lab, get inside, get the gas and anything else of use and otherwise destroy it. We have very little information about what we might find here other than that Jace is clever and we have to expect the place to be guarded and that there is traps and also we need to use use Wallace Jace's own spinal fluids to get into the lab itself or the place is set to destroy itself."
Jeffry said simply.
"We do have a map of the building though which show possible entrance points, though we do not know where exactly in the building the lab is located."
He said and he took a printed map from his coat pocket and handed it to you, there where three entrances to the building that you could see, a back entrance, the front door and a smaller side entrance as well as large windows all along first floor.

[Common Room]

Serge returned the smile, hoping his Uncle's tea was better than the others he had had in his life.

Well iced tea taste more like a sweet soft drink than tea but there was still a tea taste there.

"Knowledge is malleable after all. Our own knowledge comes from multiple sources already. Bits and pieces we learn from watches those around us in our lives. Combining two people's knowledge into one shouldn't be hard at all...." he muttered to himself, clearly thinking of a way to do just that.

"I am sure you can figure it out dear one."
Your Mentor replied with a confident nod.

"Most people suggest that. It's a good idea but has it's fair share of difficulties. People are different and faces are hard to draw. They require really fine details in order to connect with a specific person. I'm skilled enough to do it on the fly but it's a pretty big risk." Serge replied.

"Do you have to use drawing for connecting with another mind and do it have to be a detailed, personal drawing. It is not wrong if it have to, but if you could modify or change focus for a crisis situation that might make things easier for you dear one."
Ange asked.

"And if we're talking about the bullet redirect spell specifically the real way I'd do that is with a spray painted gun. One that has my design that symbolizes cartoonish misdirection. Pull the trigger and laugh as I watch the enemy get hit with a bullet in the back that he expected to come from the front." he said with a chuckle, clearly imagining that scene in a much more PG fashion than what would actually happen. "But of course, I'd need a gun, spray paints, and actually learn how to use a firearm. Admittedly I only need the last thing."

"You will not have time to do it that way, not after your enemy fire, bullets travel extremely fast, it is no way for a person to react to a shot being fired and then fire in return without using Time Magick."
Ryan said.
"But you could set yp a portal in advance to have a bullet aimed at you come out behind your enemy, could you perhaps use small drawn cards for that, like have a deck of combat actions?"
He suggested.
"I know of one Verbena who use little card representations of her ritual equipment when she is in locations where using a full set up will be impractical."
Your uncle continued.
"I agree stopping a bullet once it is fired migt be hard but you could pull your trick on your enemy's gun before they fire loved one. Do it need to be a real gun? A toy gun is easier to get and use. However learning to use a firearm just for self defense might be a good idea. I always carry one when I am not at work."
The good doctor inquired.

"What do you do when you get into a fight?" he asked hopefully. "When all the enemies have mind shields and you don't have the time to power through them?"

"First of all it varies how protections are set up, some will protect against all magick others just at what is targeted at you, generally changing the mood is something you can often do. Then it is boosting yourself with knowledge, learning to do things useful for the first, sensing there is minds there so you and your allies know exactly when to aim, creating tulpas to attack your enemies, the options are many. Just going in and changing their minds are not your only option dear one."
Ange said.

Serge looked a little conflicted, clearly feeling very close to his mind magick and not wanting to betray it. In the end though he simply sighed and said grumpily, "Yeah...yeah your right. I haven't actually used teleportation in a battle before. For attacking at least. So far I've mainly thought about as a way to get out of harm's way despite never needing to so far. Haven't done anything as crazy as teleport a guy's gun out his hand. I really wanna do that...."

"Dear one I do not want you to go into battle, I would be terribly worried, but I want it to be your choice if you do os or not, so if you stay behind it is because you know you can do important work somewhere else rather than you thinking you can not fight for your Chantry for you can. It is perfectly fine to favor one type of magick over all others but do not limit yourself. Also kid I distinctly remember teaching you to manipulate chance something that can also be very useful in a fight, you know what is a nice thing if someone want to shoot you? Their gun just not working, or from what I hear what you did in the basement causing the intruder to get bad luck. You know one of the most dangerous mages I have met is a young man who have as of yet been unable to get beyond the first degree of any Sphere due to spiritual issues, he practice what the Traditions call Correspondence though and what they call Entropy and he is a sharpshooter. I would not want to face him in battle."
The older Cultist said with a wry smile.
"Often it is all about being creative with the magick you got."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:22 pm

[Alchemist's Abode]
Anja wrote:"Yes having some time to prepare are sure to help Mr Wainwright. I wish you the best with your future family."
Darrian replied with a nod.
Colin smiled, "Thank you. I'm sure it will work out. Somehow."

[Basement]
Anja wrote:You heard Shawn pause his game and open the door to his room. Richard had taken the time to visit him clearly for his burned arm was neatly bandaged.
"I am doing well Sir. It is all pretty new though."
The vampire said as he looked at you glancing outside of the door a bit nervously.
"Sure if you want me to meet someone I will, whatever you say Sir."
He said quickly.
"How are you doing...oh and I am sorry I fell asleep earlier, I did not mean to."
He muttered nervously.
He smiled warmly, "Good, good, no rush, though; the good alchemist is quite busy, and the psychiatrist I'd like you to meet is... not quite mobile, so they'll have to wait a little, I think. And it's quite alright, you've had a lot of new impressions to deal with in short succession - honestly, in your place, I might've passed out for several days on end. Hum... that handheld game of yours, though, that's got an online store, doesn't it?"

Anja wrote:"Huzzah I like being noticed."
Jon said with a slight smile.
"Yeah I am still on guard duty I will be relieved in a few hours."
He replied then he pointed.
"Ah yes the would be assassin, Bruce and Nick put him in the laundry room."
He nodded, "Very good. If you will excuse me a little, then - I'm going to give the man a good smack, and then I'm going to question him."
He gave Jon a dark grin, then strode to the laundry room and opened the door to look in on the captive, making sure to position himself in the doorway so that he'd only be silhouetted against the corridor lights for a moment, for dramatic effect. "I have some questions for you... you would be wise to answer them."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:13 pm

[Alchemist's Abode]

Colin smiled, "Thank you. I'm sure it will work out. Somehow."

"Well the girl will not be alone, she will have loved ones around her to help her stay on the right path."
Darrian said.
"And you are known for managing the impossible Mr Wainwright."

[Basement]

He smiled warmly, "Good, good, no rush, though; the good alchemist is quite busy, and the psychiatrist I'd like you to meet is... not quite mobile, so they'll have to wait a little, I think. And it's quite alright, you've had a lot of new impressions to deal with in short succession - honestly, in your place, I might've passed out for several days on end. Hum... that handheld game of yours, though, that's got an online store, doesn't it?"

"It...have been an unreal night Sir."
Shawn admitted.
"I...ehm Sir I heard two men scream, but they are quiet now, and a girl screamed a while ago, and not long ago a man was crying from that room."
The young vampire muttered nervously as he pointed towards the room Kallan was kept in.
"And I can...feel another vampire close by, scared and in distress...are we in danger?"
He muttered and looked down.
"Not that I want to pry into...anyone's affairs I do not Sir I just."
He sigh and looked down at his PSP.
"Yes it do...but I would not use it's internet connection to do anything you would not like or send any messages or anything."
He assured you quickly afraid you would take his game from him.

He nodded, "Very good. If you will excuse me a little, then - I'm going to give the man a good smack, and then I'm going to question him."

"Yeah sure I will be right here if you need me Colin."
Jon said with a nod.

He gave Jon a dark grin, then strode to the laundry room and opened the door to look in on the captive, making sure to position himself in the doorway so that he'd only be silhouetted against the corridor lights for a moment, for dramatic effect. "I have some questions for you... you would be wise to answer them."

The captive was tall and thin with clear signs of Jhor, his hair was dark nut brown and his eyes was dark as well, a bit of freckles dusted his pale face. He looked up at you but could not say much for his mouth was taped shut.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:36 pm

[Alchemist's Abode]
Anja wrote:"Well the girl will not be alone, she will have loved ones around her to help her stay on the right path."
Darrian said.
"And you are known for managing the impossible Mr Wainwright."
Colin grinned, "Well, future me is working double, no, triple time to make sure present me is prepared for what will be, and what might be, and what must not be..."

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"It...have been an unreal night Sir."
Shawn admitted.
"I...ehm Sir I heard two men scream, but they are quiet now, and a girl screamed a while ago, and not long ago a man was crying from that room."
The young vampire muttered nervously as he pointed towards the room Kallan was kept in.
"And I can...feel another vampire close by, scared and in distress...are we in danger?"
He muttered and looked down.
"Not that I want to pry into...anyone's affairs I do not Sir I just."
He sigh and looked down at his PSP.
"Yes it do...but I would not use it's internet connection to do anything you would not like or send any messages or anything."
He assured you quickly afraid you would take his game from him.
He shook his head, "While we're always in danger to some extent, it should be quite safe now... The screams were, well... unfortunately, there are some among us who rely on quite painful interrogation techniques. I don't approve of them, but I can't overrule them, either. The girl, and the crying man, though, should be alright for now. I'm going to question another captive, though, and I am not relying on torture for that. As for the vampire, that's a... guest, held here for his own safety. He was voluntarily restrained, painful though it is, and will be released at a given time and location without further harm done to him. In the meantime, we have someone keeping him company pretty much around the clock, reading to him, or listening to the radio with him. It's an unfortunate state of affairs, but inevitable if we're to keep him, er, alive. You are something of a special case in that regard, as the Security Chief has accepted that you are safe for Magi to be around."
He smiled wryly, "Quite alright; I'm not going to refuse you internet access for online gaming and the like, just be careful about who you chat with, and what you tell them - most people, after all, don't know about our hidden world. But what I was really thinking of is, if you can get new games for it, I need to get you a credit card for it. Not a large allowance, of course, but enough to save up for, say, a new full-price game every few months or so."

Anja wrote:The captive was tall and thin with clear signs of Jhor, his hair was dark nut brown and his eyes was dark as well, a bit of freckles dusted his pale face. He looked up at you but could not say much for his mouth was taped shut.
He arched an eyebrow at the sight of the man, then sighed, and slowly peeled the tape off, being careful not to tear off skin or anything else that might be needed - but not particularly gently, either, "Well, you won't be answering questions with that thing on... I suppose I can understand why the tape was put there, though, after Diego was confined here and decided to entertain us with opera..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:19 pm

[Alchemist's Abode]

Colin grinned, "Well, future me is working double, no, triple time to make sure present me is prepared for what will be, and what might be, and what must not be..."

"It seams you will be a busy man in the future Mr Wainwright. Good luck with everything."
Darrian said though he raised an eyebrow at your statement.

[Basement]

He shook his head, "While we're always in danger to some extent, it should be quite safe now... The screams were, well... unfortunately, there are some among us who rely on quite painful interrogation techniques. I don't approve of them, but I can't overrule them, either. The girl, and the crying man, though, should be alright for now. I'm going to question another captive, though, and I am not relying on torture for that.

"I...don't like torture."
Shawn muttered and he shivered and looked down.
"It is horrible...I...I..."
Then he caught himself and added quickly.
"I am sorry Sir I have no right to comment. I did not mean to you and this...group here do whatever they think is best of course I am sorry..."

As for the vampire, that's a... guest, held here for his own safety. He was voluntarily restrained, painful though it is, and will be released at a given time and location without further harm done to him. In the meantime, we have someone keeping him company pretty much around the clock, reading to him, or listening to the radio with him. It's an unfortunate state of affairs, but inevitable if we're to keep him, er, alive. You are something of a special case in that regard, as the Security Chief has accepted that you are safe for Magi to be around."

"By restrained you mean he is..."
Shawn begun and he liftend his injured hand and held it over his heart and he shuddered.
"I could not imagine going through that willingly Sir I..."
The boy looked rather terrified at the thought.
"Would I have been held that way to Sir? If I...had not been deemed safe?"
He asked nervously then he looked down.
"At least someone is with him, it might be a little less horrible if someone is there and you are not alone completely helpless."
He whispered and tears started to well up in his eyes.

He smiled wryly, "Quite alright; I'm not going to refuse you internet access for online gaming and the like, just be careful about who you chat with, and what you tell them - most people, after all, don't know about our hidden world. But what I was really thinking of is, if you can get new games for it, I need to get you a credit card for it. Not a large allowance, of course, but enough to save up for, say, a new full-price game every few months or so."

"The games I have don't use online functions for the most part Sir so I do not need to go online and I would never talk to anyone about what...I know about our world. I did not do that when I was free either that is how I survived."
Shawn said then he smiled a little.
"I...would like that Sir, but I can work for it...I can be useful."
The boy assured you then his eyes glazed over.
"The one who shapes flesh stand in the ghost's workplace, there are screams around him, he knows that three carriages have arrived carrying the children of Lilith to his master's doorstep. He commands one like himself to go to the room with a weapon that reach far and an intent to kill. He do not want the children of Lilith to reach the palace of screams and blood."
Shawn suddenly looked like he would topple over and put a hand to his head backing up a few unsteady steps.
"Forgive me Sir I...feel a bit woozy...did I have a vision? I am sorry I did not mean to be rude, they just happen...I really did not mean to be rude."

He arched an eyebrow at the sight of the man, then sighed, and slowly peeled the tape off, being careful not to tear off skin or anything else that might be needed - but not particularly gently, either, "Well, you won't be answering questions with that thing on... I suppose I can understand why the tape was put there, though, after Diego was confined here and decided to entertain us with opera..."

The Nephandus grunted as you pilled the tape of his mouth.
"Oh fucking Diego, please tell me the man is gone, I am pretty sure I can withstand torture but I am not so sure I can say the same for his singing."
He replied.
"So you have been sent to interrogate me eh, yeah well I do not really have that much to say to you."
The Nephandus commented and he leaned back in his chair looking at you with a defiant look in his brown eyes.
"So in other words fuck of."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:Well iced tea taste more like a sweet soft drink than tea but there was still a tea taste there.

"Thanks! It's great. Magick really does wonders." he half-lied. He enjoyed the sweetness but try as he might the taste of tea still irritated him, no matter how heavily masked.

Anja wrote:"Do you have to use drawing for connecting with another mind and do it have to be a detailed, personal drawing. It is not wrong if it have to, but if you could modify or change focus for a crisis situation that might make things easier for you dear one."
Ange asked.

"I mean, I could just look at the person in his eyes. Or create a drawing that represents the enemy as a whole. You know, the bad guys that are meant to be defeated by the heroes on their way to the final goal." Serge said with a shrug. "People get a bit irritated when I call the fallen things like that though."

Anja wrote:"You will not have time to do it that way, not after your enemy fire, bullets travel extremely fast, it is no way for a person to react to a shot being fired and then fire in return without using Time Magick."
Ryan said.

"Sorry, I meant redirecting my own bullets from the spray painted gun. Like I pull the trigger and the enemy ducks behind cover only to be hit by my bullet from behind instead." he quickly corrected his Uncle. "I can't really do much if an enemy fires at me. Like literally, I don't know any magick shields."

Anja wrote:"But you could set yp a portal in advance to have a bullet aimed at you come out behind your enemy, could you perhaps use small drawn cards for that, like have a deck of combat actions?"
He suggested.
"I know of one Verbena who use little card representations of her ritual equipment when she is in locations where using a full set up will be impractical."
Your uncle continued.
"I agree stopping a bullet once it is fired migt be hard but you could pull your trick on your enemy's gun before they fire loved one. Do it need to be a real gun? A toy gun is easier to get and use. However learning to use a firearm just for self defense might be a good idea. I always carry one when I am not at work."
The good doctor inquired.

"I have pictures like that saved on my phone already. And I want to start getting random TCG cards to see how well they could be of use with my magick." Serge replied. "And it's hard to say if I can or can't do something unless I've actually tried to do that thing. And there's not many people here who wants to shoot me with a gun to help me practice."

Anja wrote:"First of all it varies how protections are set up, some will protect against all magick others just at what is targeted at you, generally changing the mood is something you can often do. Then it is boosting yourself with knowledge, learning to do things useful for the first, sensing there is minds there so you and your allies know exactly when to aim, creating tulpas to attack your enemies, the options are many. Just going in and changing their minds are not your only option dear one."
Ange said.

"Lucky. I'm not strong enough to create tulpas yet..." Serge grumbled. " If I could I'd be fine. Just think up a dragon to go wild. Try and disbelieve that...."

Anja wrote:"Dear one I do not want you to go into battle, I would be terribly worried, but I want it to be your choice if you do os or not, so if you stay behind it is because you know you can do important work somewhere else rather than you thinking you can not fight for your Chantry for you can. It is perfectly fine to favor one type of magick over all others but do not limit yourself. Also kid I distinctly remember teaching you to manipulate chance something that can also be very useful in a fight, you know what is a nice thing if someone want to shoot you? Their gun just not working, or from what I hear what you did in the basement causing the intruder to get bad luck. You know one of the most dangerous mages I have met is a young man who have as of yet been unable to get beyond the first degree of any Sphere due to spiritual issues, he practice what the Traditions call Correspondence though and what they call Entropy and he is a sharpshooter. I would not want to face him in battle."
The older Cultist said with a wry smile.
"Often it is all about being creative with the magick you got."

"Yeah I know." Serge said with a sigh, feeling a little more relaxed the more he listened to his mentor's kind words. "If I had more of a chance to practice I feel like I could do a lot. I have a lot of ideas, just don't know what works and what doesn't yet. I took a chance with something new in the basement. It worked surprisingly well. If it didn't though, people would've been hurt."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:36 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... perhaps it's better put this way. I'm like the shape-changer who never forgets I was once just a kinfolk, and how they were treated.'

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... this might be a bit tricky, depending on how many other buildings are around the target.' Nicole replied, looking at the map. 'After all, don't want the cops showing due to reports of like gunfire or explosions... we might be able to pinpoint the part of the building in use by tracking like the electricity output or using a heat-camera... and what about sending the rats in first, sir? Do a quick lap around the building, suss out defences. Unlikely to have defences on the perimeter 'cos the last thing they'd want is the cops investigating like blown-up nosy kids... wait. Can you talk to rats?' looking towards the two Ratkin. 'Old buildings always have rats. They might know where our target is.'

'Shouldn't we be doing this all together, sir?' taking a look towards the other people who were on this mission.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:14 pm

[Common Room]

"Thanks! It's great. Magick really does wonders." he half-lied. He enjoyed the sweetness but try as he might the taste of tea still irritated him, no matter how heavily masked.

"Magick certainly are useful."
Ryan replied with a nod.

"I mean, I could just look at the person in his eyes. Or create a drawing that represents the enemy as a whole. You know, the bad guys that are meant to be defeated by the heroes on their way to the final goal." Serge said with a shrug. "People get a bit irritated when I call the fallen things like that though."

"I can see why your friends have an issue with it dear one and to be honest something you said just now do give me a bit of pause as well, you commented that as you cast a spell to make your enemies be hit by a teleporting bullet you would laugh. We live in a war Serge and I have had to...kill in that war when there where no other choice, but I have never found it fun to kill an enemy it have always been a sad necessity."
Ange said softly.
"In fiction mooks are just the faceless troops of the enemy, they are there to give the heroes a bit of challenge but mostly for the heroes just to show off how cool they are and usually their deaths mean nothing however every person that will ever become your enemy have a name, and hopes and dreams, they are just as scared as you are and are hoping and praying they will survive this to go back to their loved ones, and when they are seen just as the bad guys it is easy to loose track of that, and then their deaths become something joyous, something to laugh over, one more point scored in the game and I do not think you would want to be a person that think like that Serge."
Your Mentor said softly.
"To use the common trope in fiction of the hero defeating scores of enemies as a way to fuel your magick, as a mindset used just as a Paradigm and a tool that is perfectly fine as long as you can keep it separate from your real self, but the first time you laugh at having caused the death of another is the the time you will need to take a long, hard look at yourself. I carry with my guilt for every person I have harmed in this damned war, they where my enemies, they would have killed me or my loved ones if I had not acted and yet not a day go by where I do not wish killing them where not necessary. I would never go ha ha got you, or I know I am ending the life of another person who what to live, who have loved ones who will miss them. Now as long as you can still see your enemies as people deserving comfort, mercy and respect then using this element from fiction is not a problem but if you begin to really see them as mooks to plow through that I do not think is healthy and seeing one's enemy as just the bad guy have lead to some of the greatest atrocities in history."
The older Cultist said in a serious tone of voice.

"Sorry, I meant redirecting my own bullets from the spray painted gun. Like I pull the trigger and the enemy ducks behind cover only to be hit by my bullet from behind instead." he quickly corrected his Uncle. "I can't really do much if an enemy fires at me. Like literally, I don't know any magick shields."

"A homing bullet, not a bad idea, you can probably make a rote like that."
Ryan said with a nod then he gave you a bit of a look and a sigh.
"Seriously kid for someone usually so creative you seam rather helpless when it comes to idea for your magick at times. Just set p a field around you like I said that will teleport small fast moving objects somewhere else such as back at the sender, right behind you or into a save or other set up for disposal, if you can teleport yourself you most certainly can do that."

"I have pictures like that saved on my phone already. And I want to start getting random TCG cards to see how well they could be of use with my magick." Serge replied. "And it's hard to say if I can or can't do something unless I've actually tried to do that thing. And there's not many people here who wants to shoot me with a gun to help me practice."

"Hum...pictures on your phone and TCG cards are a wonderful idea dear one."
Ange said. Your uncle considered then he suggested.
"Well there is always air soft guns, they shoot little plastic pellets, if you are wearing clothes then they will not harm you though getting hit still hurt a bit, we can start with that, once you can deal with air soft pellets we can move onto things that move faster."

"Lucky. I'm not strong enough to create tulpas yet..." Serge grumbled. " If I could I'd be fine. Just think up a dragon to go wild. Try and disbelieve that...."

"They can indeed be quite useful, or illusions of yourself, if your enemy do not know which one is the real one to attack you will have an advantage...you will get there kid."
Your Mentor said with a smile.

"Yeah I know." Serge said with a sigh, feeling a little more relaxed the more he listened to his mentor's kind words. "If I had more of a chance to practice I feel like I could do a lot. I have a lot of ideas, just don't know what works and what doesn't yet. I took a chance with something new in the basement. It worked surprisingly well. If it didn't though, people would've been hurt."

"That unfortunately is the way of combat Serge if you fail, you or someone close to you will get hurt. But yes I agree you should practice."
Ange said and Ryan spoke up.
"I could spar with the kid a bit, we can use non lethal weapons at first and later ask one of the healers to help when we move on to more serious stuff, might teach him a bit of confidence of how to use his magick in an emergency situation."
Your Mentor nodded at that.
"Thank you brother, if Serge agrees I think that is a great idea."

[Boston]

Erm... perhaps it's better put this way. I'm like the shape-changer who never forgets I was once just a kinfolk, and how they were treated.'

"Hum...indeed that is a good point against kicking those weaker than you, there is always a chance they will come into more power one day and then you do not want an enemy."
The werspider agreed.

[Waltham]

[quote'Hmm... this might be a bit tricky, depending on how many other buildings are around the target.' Nicole replied, looking at the map. 'After all, don't want the cops showing due to reports of like gunfire or explosions... we might be able to pinpoint the part of the building in use by tracking like the electricity output or using a heat-camera... and what about sending the rats in first, sir? Do a quick lap around the building, suss out defences. Unlikely to have defences on the perimeter 'cos the last thing they'd want is the cops investigating like blown-up nosy kids...][/quote]

The map showed one main building with a couple of out buildings, the main building was fairly large though.
"No we would want to avoid sleeper authorities."
Jeffry agree then he gave a confused look.
"Electrical output what can that show us and what are a heat camera? I guess we can check with magick which part of the building contains life but such spells could be detected."
Glancing at the werrats he nodded.
"Well more intel would be useful but it would be dangerous for our friends here to go in alone."
The war mage said and Strawberry squeaked at him while Gerda shrugged.
"I will do what I have to in order to get my brother back."
She said simply.

wait. Can you talk to rats?' looking towards the two Ratkin. 'Old buildings always have rats. They might know where our target is.'

"We can but regular rats have regular rat minds what they experience will not be like what humans do, but I might be able to talk them into showing us where people are, things like where is the lab though they are just not going to understand. Where are the two legged giant things though that might work."
Gerda said with another shrug.

Shouldn't we be doing this all together, sir?' taking a look towards the other people who were on this mission.

You saw Fran, Ty, Marian, Ingmar, Antonio, and Arn from Steelhaven along with Axel and five you did not know from Worchester.
"I do favor coming at an enemy from multiple angles, especially when we do not know exactly where the target is located, but this might be a situation where we will want to move as one unit, what I fear though is that Wallace Jace and his people will kill the hostages when they discover us approaching or just set the lab to self destruct, we will have to move quietly and quickly if we hope to achieve our objective."
Jeffry said as he glanced at the map.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:57 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I...don't like torture."
Shawn muttered and he shivered and looked down.
"It is horrible...I...I..."
Then he caught himself and added quickly.
"I am sorry Sir I have no right to comment. I did not mean to you and this...group here do whatever they think is best of course I am sorry..."
Colin nodded, "No, you're right - torture is a horrible thing, and doubly so because it's not reliable as a way to gain information. It winds up inflicting pain for the purpose of inflicting pain... It's practically and morally wrong. And... one day, your opinions on it may be recorded and made to lend support to the bureaucratic fight to end its use. Alone, your voice may not be significant in the eyes of our elders, but alongside a thousand others..."

Anja wrote:"By restrained you mean he is..."
Shawn begun and he liftend his injured hand and held it over his heart and he shuddered.
"I could not imagine going through that willingly Sir I..."
The boy looked rather terrified at the thought.
"Would I have been held that way to Sir? If I...had not been deemed safe?"
He asked nervously then he looked down.
"At least someone is with him, it might be a little less horrible if someone is there and you are not alone completely helpless."
He whispered and tears started to well up in his eyes.
He nodded, sighing softly, "Yes, I mean that... As I understand it, he had the choice between hiding here under those circumstances, or risk being hunted like a dog for some time by his city's Prince. He chose us... That doesn't mean it was the right choice, or the least painful one, just that it was the one he made, knowing what it would entail. And we know, we're not leaving him alone for long at a time. I believe perhaps one or two of our members have even spoken with him, telepathically, though I won't swear to that."
He frowned, "And yes, I was ordered to bring you in... like that, if you could not be determined to be safe within a given amount of time. I would have done everything in my power to diminish the discomfort as much as possible, though, and once the paperwork that makes you my Custos was properly filed, you would have been released... but I had to argue a little with the Security Chief to buy that time to save you from it; he is not fond of vampires in general. I have faith you will grow on him, though; he likes slavers even less..."

Anja wrote:"The games I have don't use online functions for the most part Sir so I do not need to go online and I would never talk to anyone about what...I know about our world. I did not do that when I was free either that is how I survived."
Shawn said then he smiled a little.
"I...would like that Sir, but I can work for it...I can be useful."
The boy assured you then his eyes glazed over.
He grinned, "Well, now, we have a lot of babysitting to be done in the Chantry, I'm sure we can eventually ease you into a schedule once the Mentors get used to you, for example."

Anja wrote:"The one who shapes flesh stand in the ghost's workplace, there are screams around him, he knows that three carriages have arrived carrying the children of Lilith to his master's doorstep. He commands one like himself to go to the room with a weapon that reach far and an intent to kill. He do not want the children of Lilith to reach the palace of screams and blood."
Shawn suddenly looked like he would topple over and put a hand to his head backing up a few unsteady steps.
"Forgive me Sir I...feel a bit woozy...did I have a vision? I am sorry I did not mean to be rude, they just happen...I really did not mean to be rude."
He frowned, "Quite alright, I've got to warn the Chief, though. Thank you, you might just have saved lives."
He turned away and quickly called Morgan. As soon as he answered, he started his warning, "Sir, the old Tzimisce knows you've arrived in three cars. He's ordered one of his Clan to lie in wait for you, possibly a sniper position. Something with long range. He doesn't want you to get in!"

Anja wrote:The Nephandus grunted as you pilled the tape of his mouth.
"Oh fucking Diego, please tell me the man is gone, I am pretty sure I can withstand torture but I am not so sure I can say the same for his singing."
He replied.
"So you have been sent to interrogate me eh, yeah well I do not really have that much to say to you."
The Nephandus commented and he leaned back in his chair looking at you with a defiant look in his brown eyes.
"So in other words fuck of."
He smiled thinly, "I'm sure a recording could be provided, or a little time portal to hear it back then - however, I was not precisely sent to interrogate you..."
He pulled back for a moment to really get momentum, and SLAPPED the Fallen hard across the cheek, hard enough to leave a mark on healthy skin, "You tried to kill my daughter; and I can't have that. Now, I'd like you to tell me why you came for her, or, well... I don't rely on torture, but I do have a certain fondness for just retribution. I might allow her down to give you a kick for scaring her, and she's the one who captured Kallan by kicking him so hard his testicles ascended to childhood. Oh, rest assured, such a kick won't kill you instantly, but it will be unpleasant, and there might not be much incentive to repair it past the point where there's no risk to your health."

((OOC: Either Manipulation or Charisma (both are at 3 anyway) + Intimidate seems the appropriate roll here... 5,5,5,6,0... I think that's one success?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:03 pm

[Narim's Room]

I...would not want to die...if it happened I...could still help the Traditions, still be of use...and I would still want to be with you."
Narim muttered softly looking at you.

"See? You're brave...there's lots of ways to be brave."

"But I really, really do not want to loose my Avatar. Damned Wallace Jace he really is an...an...asshole!"
The Virtual Adept muttered some of the fear becoming anger at the moment.
"He have to right to try to do this, he had an Avatar and he wasted it he can not have mine."

"No, he can't have yours. It's horrid enough he caused his own avatar's fall, we're not having him try anything with anyone else's!"

Helena read what you had written carefully with a concentrated look on her face-
"I can not say I understand all of it brother, but yes I get enough of the basics that I should be able to help you with it if you lead the working."
Your sister confirmed.
"This is...interesting and a very clever application of principles."
She muttered.

"I know I can't be the only one that's come to similar conclusions about this...?" he said, sounding surprised. "The second part is where I need more assistance, as there are still gaps in my understanding." He flipped the page over and began to organize the first part into a workable ritual format, which was not hard as it leaned on several he had learned when he had not yet even awakened. The fact it was, as Helena said, a basic principle, made sense to him that it involved prime and spirit given what was going on, and correspondence could be used but in the old system maybe was not ultimately necessary, bearing the other two spheres. He was making little sounds to himself as he worked it out, humming along with Narim's avatar and his own thoughts as they tried to nail it down. As Helena was not entirely sure of what he was going for, and some of it seemed to be a personally solved mystery, he relegated parts of what he thought she might assist him with towards regulation and oversight if things started to go strangely. He wanted to get as much down as possible so that when his innate understanding started to fade into him, he would be able to produce the effect he needed, and access it again. It had happened now, so it would seem now or very soon it would be needed, after all. And hopefully could be used as a preventative measure...

"Okey good then I should head back to my task I do like to keep my promises. However if you feel worse or if something happens then do not hesitate to call me at once."

"I will do so," he said.

// I have no objections - most of the suburbs around Boston are also v. expensive, too so any area in the city is going to be expensive. As Warp noted we're in the economic slump, so there's a stall in developments around some areas (which have by now picked up again, iirc). Another way to try to preserve an old building is to get historical status as a landmark, but it doesn't mean the city would never allow it to be torn down just that it requires a review by a board and a permit process that can delay things significantly and not go in the favor of the developers.There are also restrictions on what type of things you can do to the building. Boston has a strong grassroots about this, as a ton of buildings were demo'd over a short period of time during the start of urban renewal and again in the 70s and Boston has a lot of registered buildings now. So now any building over 50 years old, and any building in certain parts of the city have to go through the permit process.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:17 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

A soft laugh to this. 'Specially if without the kicks, they may have been a friend.'

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'So... any way we can stop this?' she said, looking around to the others to see if they had any ideas.

Anja's Post:

'It's a camera... which detects heat sources, sir.' Nicole replied. 'You know like how X-rays show metal and bone through flesh? It does similar; that a person could by like physically hiding under a bush or something, but the camera picks up their heat signature. Handy way on detecting vampires.'

'Most things in operation kick of some heat. Refrigerators, electrical appliances, living bodies. We can use it to at least ID the parts of the building where the lab isn't.' taking out her cell and bringing up a map of the facility as well as consulting the paper copy. 'Hmm... is there any high point nearby which offers a good view? Hell, I'll take even a fucking tall tree...' muttering to herself.

Anja's Post:

'Was thinking simply to go around the exterior of the building. If one of us was to start peeking in windows, we might be rumbled. But rats are everywhere.'

'Though we'd need to make sure there was no traps or nothing in the grounds first.'

Anja's Post:

'It's an option.'

Anja's Post:

'No... I meant we should all be doing the planning together.' Nicole replied. 'But fifteen in one group is kinda... unwieldy. Specially if we end up like fighting in a hallway or something.'

[Think we can end the spider-conversation...]

[Well, if the Chantry owns the building outright (well, their holding company does) aren't they protected against everything except a compulsory purchase? After all, they can always decline whatever cash the developer is offering. Legal shenannigans can help here; such as making SH a trust founded by a will, but the place can only be sold 'from permission from the will executor(s)' but the last executor 'died' in 1986. It's one of the reasons why galleries often can't dispose of old donations...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:46 pm

[Narim's Room]

"See? You're brave...there's lots of ways to be brave."

"Well I don't feel very brave I want to crawl under my bed and hide."
Narim admitted.
"I am not going to, but I really really want to."

"No, he can't have yours. It's horrid enough he caused his own avatar's fall, we're not having him try anything with anyone else's!"

"No he can not have mine."
The Virtual Adept repeated.
"Dammit why could not Wallace Jace just have the good sense to stay dead and stop bothering all of reality?"

"I know I can't be the only one that's come to similar conclusions about this...?" he said, sounding surprised. "The second part is where I need more assistance, as there are still gaps in my understanding." He flipped the page over and began to organize the first part into a workable ritual format, which was not hard as it leaned on several he had learned when he had not yet even awakened. The fact it was, as Helena said, a basic principle, made sense to him that it involved prime and spirit given what was going on, and correspondence could be used but in the old system maybe was not ultimately necessary, bearing the other two spheres. He was making little sounds to himself as he worked it out, humming along with Narim's avatar and his own thoughts as they tried to nail it down. As Helena was not entirely sure of what he was going for, and some of it seemed to be a personally solved mystery, he relegated parts of what he thought she might assist him with towards regulation and oversight if things started to go strangely. He wanted to get as much down as possible so that when his innate understanding started to fade into him, he would be able to produce the effect he needed, and access it again. It had happened now, so it would seem now or very soon it would be needed, after all. And hopefully could be used as a preventative measure...

Helena was silent as you worked, she was ready to help when you needed advice but she was silent for the most part and let you work things out for yourself, clearly this was your insight and she should not get in the way of that. Narim looked rather surprised though he recognized the tune you where humming as the same that he heard from within, he did not comment but he sure looked surprised. After some work you managed to create a proper ritual, doing, you think, what you needed it to do, at least it followed the insights you had gotten during your Seeking.

"I will do so," he said.

"Good...I will be right down stairs."
Cita replied before she left.

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "No, you're right - torture is a horrible thing, and doubly so because it's not reliable as a way to gain information. It winds up inflicting pain for the purpose of inflicting pain... It's practically and morally wrong. And... one day, your opinions on it may be recorded and made to lend support to the bureaucratic fight to end its use. Alone, your voice may not be significant in the eyes of our elders, but alongside a thousand others..."

"I am not worthy to express my opinions before others. I need to just be silent and obey."
Shawn muttered and he looked down at his feet, he had taken his socks of and was barefoot.
"I just...torture...it...is just bad..."
He whispered nervously.

He nodded, sighing softly, "Yes, I mean that... As I understand it, he had the choice between hiding here under those circumstances, or risk being hunted like a dog for some time by his city's Prince. He chose us... That doesn't mean it was the right choice, or the least painful one, just that it was the one he made, knowing what it would entail. And we know, we're not leaving him alone for long at a time. I believe perhaps one or two of our members have even spoken with him, telepathically, though I won't swear to that."

"That is not a good position to be in Sir to have the choice between surrendering to someone who wold...would...stake you...and be hunted down and killed by the Prince."
The young vampire shivered.
"Yeah you can speak with a vampire telepathically if you know how, even in that state and it is possible to get a few words out...if you really, really try, it sort of hurt worse to try to move or do anything...so it is not easy but you can get a few words out...mostly for me it was just...whimpers and screams I guess."
Shawn muttered wiping at his eyes and staining his bandages with blood.

He frowned, "And yes, I was ordered to bring you in... like that, if you could not be determined to be safe within a given amount of time. I would have done everything in my power to diminish the discomfort as much as possible, though, and once the paperwork that makes you my Custos was properly filed, you would have been released... but I had to argue a little with the Security Chief to buy that time to save you from it; he is not fond of vampires in general. I have faith you will grow on him, though; he likes slavers even less..."

The thin blooded vampire looked at you horrified for a moment and more tears started flowing from his eyes.
"I...ehm...thank you Sir for sparing me from that, thank you so much I do not want to go through that again...I guess I will, eventually but I do not want to...it is...bad...very...very bad."
He whispered before he looked down again.
"I will make sure to stay out of the Chief's way Sir."

He grinned, "Well, now, we have a lot of babysitting to be done in the Chantry, I'm sure we can eventually ease you into a schedule once the Mentors get used to you, for example."

"I would not mine babysitting if someone would trust a vampire with that, but I mean I can wash and clean and run errands to."
The young undead offered eager to please.

He frowned, "Quite alright, I've got to warn the Chief, though. Thank you, you might just have saved lives."

"O...ok....I do not remember what I said but I am glad if it was useful Sir."
Shawn muttered.

He turned away and quickly called Morgan. As soon as he answered, he started his warning, "Sir, the old Tzimisce knows you've arrived in three cars. He's ordered one of his Clan to lie in wait for you, possibly a sniper position. Something with long range. He doesn't want you to get in!"

Jeffry quickly replied.
"Yes it is me."
He said then he listened to what you had to say.
"Thank you I will let my theme know. Please try to see if the Massassa can give us any more intel...gently we do not want to abuse him but see if you can get more out of him."

He smiled thinly, "I'm sure a recording could be provided, or a little time portal to hear it back then - however, I was not precisely sent to interrogate you..."

The Nephandus raised an eyebrow at that but he did not comment.

He pulled back for a moment to really get momentum, and SLAPPED the Fallen hard across the cheek, hard enough to leave a mark on healthy skin, "You tried to kill my daughter; and I can't have that. Now, I'd like you to tell me why you came for her, or, well...

The Nephandus looked rather shocked then he gave a chuckle as a red palm print started rising on his cheek.
"Well I guess I deserved that."
He commented.

I don't rely on torture, but I do have a certain fondness for just retribution. I might allow her down to give you a kick for scaring her, and she's the one who captured Kallan by kicking him so hard his testicles ascended to childhood. Oh, rest assured, such a kick won't kill you instantly, but it will be unpleasant, and there might not be much incentive to repair it past the point where there's no risk to your health."

Again the Nephandus looked at you and he blinked a few times then he burst out laughing.
"I have to admit Traditionalist, talk or I will get my twelve year old daughter to kick you in the groin was not the treat I expected when I got taken down."
The prisoner continued to giggle for a while.
"It is a good threat though...I will give you that but no. I have nothing to say to you, so by all means bring the kid I was sent to kill here just in case I manage to get loose and finish the job."

[Boston]

A soft laugh to this. 'Specially if without the kicks, they may have been a friend.'

"Indeed so Miss Bouchard indeed so."
Alessa replied.
"Well I need to go before Paula eat more furniture."

[Waltham]

'So... any way we can stop this?' she said, looking around to the others to see if they had any ideas.

"It is difficult without knowing what is going on in there, how many guards, what the guards are and what wards and protections there might be, acting blind might cause more problems than it solve."
Antonio replied.
"Yeah like the Adeptus says we just know to little about this place."
Fran said.

'It's a camera... which detects heat sources, sir.' Nicole replied. 'You know like how X-rays show metal and bone through flesh? It does similar; that a person could by like physically hiding under a bush or something, but the camera picks up their heat signature. Handy way on detecting vampires.'

Jeffry gave you a uncomprehnsive look.
"X-Rays that are the things they toured with to show off in shows right? I might have seen one of those...hum...do they have them at hospitals now? My youngest apprentice had pictures taken of the inside of his head, he went into some machine...well not important this camera works similar to a spell then, to sense the heat of someone's body? Do you have such a device Miss Bouchard?"

'Most things in operation kick of some heat. Refrigerators, electrical appliances, living bodies. We can use it to at least ID the parts of the building where the lab isn't.' taking out her cell and bringing up a map of the facility as well as consulting the paper copy. 'Hmm... is there any high point nearby which offers a good view? Hell, I'll take even a fucking tall tree...' muttering to herself.

"Well the church we are next to have a spire."
Fran commented and pointed.
"There is not much beyond that..."
She continued and Jeffry nodded.
"What you speak of is well known to those who study Forces Miss Bouchard, but casting a spell on the building might alert our enemies."

'Was thinking simply to go around the exterior of the building. If one of us was to start peeking in windows, we might be rumbled. But rats are everywhere.'

"Yeah I can do that."
Gerda replied.

Though we'd need to make sure there was no traps or nothing in the grounds first.'

"I am open to suggestions for how to detect possible traps and not alert our targets."
Jeffry replied.
"Also be aware that many wards would detect a shapeshifter, they are magickal beings after all."
He added and Gerda shrugged.
"Yeah true enough."

'It's an option.'

"It is worth a try."
Gerda replied. Strawberry just squeaked.

'No... I meant we should all be doing the planning together.' Nicole replied. 'But fifteen in one group is kinda... unwieldy. Specially if we end up like fighting in a hallway or something.'

"Well we are all planning at the moment Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said then his phone rang and he said.
"Excuse me."
Before taking the call, you heard him thank someone and ask them to try to get more out of the Massassa then he said with a concerned frown.
"There is a vampire in the building and he know we are here and he have sent someone to stop us from entering, possibly a sniper, be careful."
At this Antonio and several of the rest swore.
"Great that is just want we need."
The Scribe commented and Jeffry nodded.
"Indeed...I need options now."

(OOC: George own the building so yes the Chantry own it. It seams we have a location for it then since no one objected.)
(OOC 2: Yes we can.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:38 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'No... any way to stop our raid alerting the cops or nosy neighbours. One thing at a time.' Nicole replied.

Anja's Post:

'No... but thinking it might be possible for us to rig one up.' biting her lip, clearly thinking about the problem.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... but are we close enough that if someone was at the top of that spire with like a pair of modified binoculars, would they be able to see the buildings?'

Anja's Post:

'How about casting a spell on a pair of binoculars which is then used to look at the target buildings, sir?'

Anja's Post:

'Can traps be made visible somehow? Like how a UV light can show rat-trails?'

Anja's Post:

'How the fuck did they know? Or just luck?' Nicole replied, running towards the car and pulling out her carbine and some ammo from the trunk. Quickly switched her cell back to the tracking app - to see if they had any visitors yet.

[Think you missed someone in the list, Great One; isn't Hadermann's apprentice present too? After all, she was borrowed explicitly for this mission...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:01 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I am not worthy to express my opinions before others. I need to just be silent and obey."
Shawn muttered and he looked down at his feet, he had taken his socks of and was barefoot.
"I just...torture...it...is just bad..."
He whispered nervously.
Colin sighed, "There's nothing about you that makes you inherently unworthy to voice your opinion. In fact, if anyone tries to tell you that, you let me know, alright? And yes, torture is just bad."

Anja wrote:"That is not a good position to be in Sir to have the choice between surrendering to someone who wold...would...stake you...and be hunted down and killed by the Prince."
The young vampire shivered.
"Yeah you can speak with a vampire telepathically if you know how, even in that state and it is possible to get a few words out...if you really, really try, it sort of hurt worse to try to move or do anything...so it is not easy but you can get a few words out...mostly for me it was just...whimpers and screams I guess."
Shawn muttered wiping at his eyes and staining his bandages with blood.
He nodded, "At the very least, when it's done with a little care, one can avoid further aggravating the pain... but no, I would not want to experience it for myself."
He smiled wryly, "Then there's the poor woman who is lying torpid in my workshop, there are a few people in the Chantry not too pleased with that... but I was rather morally obligated to shelter her, unstaked."

Anja wrote:The thin blooded vampire looked at you horrified for a moment and more tears started flowing from his eyes.
"I...ehm...thank you Sir for sparing me from that, thank you so much I do not want to go through that again...I guess I will, eventually but I do not want to...it is...bad...very...very bad."
He whispered before he looked down again.
"I will make sure to stay out of the Chief's way Sir."
He shrugged, "Perhaps it will, perhaps it won't - the future is a wiggly thing, and while some key events will inevitably happen, the outcome can... still be shifted, ever so slightly. And I believe the Chief will come to accept you, though it might take a couple of years for him to, heh, fully warm up to you..."

Anja wrote:"I would not mine babysitting if someone would trust a vampire with that, but I mean I can wash and clean and run errands to."
The young undead offered eager to please.
He grinned, "First thing first - we have to start mending the damage the bloody Giovanni have done to your psyche. That's your primary task for now; heal, physically and mentally."

Anja wrote:Jeffry quickly replied.
"Yes it is me."
He said then he listened to what you had to say.
"Thank you I will let my theme know. Please try to see if the Massassa can give us any more intel...gently we do not want to abuse him but see if you can get more out of him."
He glanced back at Shawn, "I'm afraid he doesn't have conscious control over it, he just experienced a bit of unexpected relief, I think, over a personal matter; not the sort of thing I can easily manipulate... nor should I. I'd suggest bringing him some company, or bringing him to some company, so they could keep an ear up for other visions, but... that might not be constructive, either. But for now, there are two vampires present, at least, and one of which is an insane, old fleshcrafter. Might want to repeat the trick with the ice cream maker."

Anja wrote:The Nephandus looked rather shocked then he gave a chuckle as a red palm print started rising on his cheek.
"Well I guess I deserved that."
He commented.
He shook his hand slightly, absentmindedly, as the stinging sensation dissipated, "Yes, you rather did."

Anja wrote:Again the Nephandus looked at you and he blinked a few times then he burst out laughing.
"I have to admit Traditionalist, talk or I will get my twelve year old daughter to kick you in the groin was not the treat I expected when I got taken down."
The prisoner continued to giggle for a while.
"It is a good threat though...I will give you that but no. I have nothing to say to you, so by all means bring the kid I was sent to kill here just in case I manage to get loose and finish the job."
He nodded, "Thank you, we weren't sure that she was your target. There were a few other possibilities, after all, though it seemed fairly likely after the failed attempt to compel a time spirit to change her personal history. So, the ailurophobic Chronomancer in your Labyrinth sent you to prevent my daughter from becoming a threat in the future, then. I'm rather curious as to why, but you know... since you failed to kill yourself in this timeline..."
He leaned down, staring the Nephandus straight in the eyes, "that means I can get the loose bits of your Avatar once you are gilguled. You would be astonished at how much those fragments can remember of their last incarnation. Under the circumstances, what you want to keep my daughter from accomplishing years in the future is not an urgent concern, and I don't feel particularly inclined to use pain as a motivator for getting you to speak in any case. What I can offer you, if you choose to speak, is a face in the crowd at your sentencing that doesn't hate or fear you... and of course, the infamous Lady Crexia Hermes is visiting this Chantry, so if you decide not to speak, I'm afraid she'll be quite happy to ply her trade to convince you otherwise. But really, it's your decision whether you'll want to tell me about, say, what happened to Karloff Schwarz, and the two Linear Verbena that accompanied him?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:59 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"I can see why your friends have an issue with it dear one and to be honest something you said just now do give me a bit of pause as well, you commented that as you cast a spell to make your enemies be hit by a teleporting bullet you would laugh. We live in a war Serge and I have had to...kill in that war when there where no other choice, but I have never found it fun to kill an enemy it have always been a sad necessity."
Ange said softly.
"In fiction mooks are just the faceless troops of the enemy, they are there to give the heroes a bit of challenge but mostly for the heroes just to show off how cool they are and usually their deaths mean nothing however every person that will ever become your enemy have a name, and hopes and dreams, they are just as scared as you are and are hoping and praying they will survive this to go back to their loved ones, and when they are seen just as the bad guys it is easy to loose track of that, and then their deaths become something joyous, something to laugh over, one more point scored in the game and I do not think you would want to be a person that think like that Serge."
Your Mentor said softly.
"To use the common trope in fiction of the hero defeating scores of enemies as a way to fuel your magick, as a mindset used just as a Paradigm and a tool that is perfectly fine as long as you can keep it separate from your real self, but the first time you laugh at having caused the death of another is the the time you will need to take a long, hard look at yourself. I carry with my guilt for every person I have harmed in this damned war, they where my enemies, they would have killed me or my loved ones if I had not acted and yet not a day go by where I do not wish killing them where not necessary. I would never go ha ha got you, or I know I am ending the life of another person who what to live, who have loved ones who will miss them. Now as long as you can still see your enemies as people deserving comfort, mercy and respect then using this element from fiction is not a problem but if you begin to really see them as mooks to plow through that I do not think is healthy and seeing one's enemy as just the bad guy have lead to some of the greatest atrocities in history."
The older Cultist said in a serious tone of voice.

"W-what...that wasn't why I was laughing." Serge said hastily, fear rising as heard the change in his mentor's tone of voice. "I was just imagining how it would if it was a cartoon. A funny sound effect and a bewildered look on the unharmed fallen dude's face. You know me. I'd never laugh at someone's death or at the thought of killing someone. I'm not like that. Most of the shows I draw my power from are ones where the heroes never kill anyone."

Anja wrote:"A homing bullet, not a bad idea, you can probably make a rote like that."
Ryan said with a nod then he gave you a bit of a look and a sigh.
"Seriously kid for someone usually so creative you seam rather helpless when it comes to idea for your magick at times. Just set p a field around you like I said that will teleport small fast moving objects somewhere else such as back at the sender, right behind you or into a save or other set up for disposal, if you can teleport yourself you most certainly can do that."

"That's easier said then done. I don't know any force, matter, or time magick that would allow me or any field I set up to sense things moving that fast." Serge replied, feeling a little stung at his Uncle insinuation. "And I'm plenty creative with my magick. Just because I whine a lot doesn't mean I haven't had any ideas for my magick. I thought up a spell that creates a field of luck around me instead. Imbue myself with the luck of the protagonist so that shots from enemies just never hit me. They always seem to just slightly miss me. Basically just give myself plot armor."

Anja wrote:"Hum...pictures on your phone and TCG cards are a wonderful idea dear one."
Ange said. Your uncle considered then he suggested.
"Well there is always air soft guns, they shoot little plastic pellets, if you are wearing clothes then they will not harm you though getting hit still hurt a bit, we can start with that, once you can deal with air soft pellets we can move onto things that move faster."

"That'll be fun." he said with a smile. "Those guns are so expensive though..."

Anja wrote:"They can indeed be quite useful, or illusions of yourself, if your enemy do not know which one is the real one to attack you will have an advantage...you will get there kid."
Your Mentor said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"That unfortunately is the way of combat Serge if you fail, you or someone close to you will get hurt. But yes I agree you should practice."
Ange said and Ryan spoke up.
"I could spar with the kid a bit, we can use non lethal weapons at first and later ask one of the healers to help when we move on to more serious stuff, might teach him a bit of confidence of how to use his magick in an emergency situation."
Your Mentor nodded at that.
"Thank you brother, if Serge agrees I think that is a great idea."

"Can we actually! That'd be awesome!" Serge said, agreeing wholeheartedly. "That'd be perfect. Plus I get to see some more of your magick. I've always wanted to see what it felt like to get freeze framed."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:13 am

[Narim's Room]

"Well I don't feel very brave I want to crawl under my bed and hide." Narim admitted. "I am not going to, but I really really want to."

"Well perhaps you are courageous then, instead. Perhaps I am, too, for I was very afraid.”

"No he can not have mine."
The Virtual Adept repeated.
"Dammit why could not Wallace Jace just have the good sense to stay dead and stop bothering all of reality?"

"He is very stubborn but we are more stubborn."

In his clarified outline, he had written the basic procedures for the Greater Hexagram of banishing, followed by the Middle pillar and the formula LVX as part of the Rose Cross, all in specific order, then annotations for his insights added to the other side, where he'd scratched down his initial impressions. These were all basic things he had learned, but his understanding allowed him to put it to better use now. Along the premise, there was a short list of corresponding items that could be used or visualized, and circle with a hexagon and a hexagram for tipereth as well, and the 12 zodiac and 7 classical planets. Additionally, while the first spread the energy, the second concentrated it where it needed to be and together in proper operation created a whirl of energy that connected, which was part of the usefulness of what he’d learned. The point in the circle was kether. There was also an hour glass like shape, Malkuth of Yetzirah, the world of formation, and Kether of Assiah, the world of action and incarnated beings; it was essentially the same diagram but as seen from the side, showing the circulation of the energy transferring across the planes, shown in the drawing of the letter itself, as well the part of Vav that looked like Yod; which was Kether, but when formed and extended downwards like Vav. When he had everything nailed down in a way that could be practically used, looked up at the others and then nodded, more to himself than them. At least he knew what he was going to try to do...whether anyone else might get it, well, that was a different story.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:31 am

[Common Room]

"W-what...that wasn't why I was laughing." Serge said hastily, fear rising as heard the change in his mentor's tone of voice. "I was just imagining how it would if it was a cartoon. A funny sound effect and a bewildered look on the unharmed fallen dude's face. You know me. I'd never laugh at someone's death or at the thought of killing someone. I'm not like that. Most of the shows I draw my power from are ones where the heroes never kill anyone."

"I know dear one and like I said I do not think you would want to be a person who laugh at someone's death, but here is why others react to the way you look at combat, if someone are shot with an actual bullet from an actual gun they will at best be seriously injured and there is a good chance they will be dead. When someone look at combat like if it was a cartoon others will see that as often taking very lightly on something that is very serious."
Ange said softly and she put a hand on her apprentice's cheek gently.

"That's easier said then done. I don't know any force, matter, or time magick that would allow me or any field I set up to sense things moving that fast." Serge replied, feeling a little stung at his Uncle insinuation. "And I'm plenty creative with my magick. Just because I whine a lot doesn't mean I haven't had any ideas for my magick. I thought up a spell that creates a field of luck around me instead. Imbue myself with the luck of the protagonist so that shots from enemies just never hit me. They always seem to just slightly miss me. Basically just give myself plot armor."

"A field of luck is a good idea that can work, just be sure that you are not lucky just so that the guy standing next to you get hit instead. As for honing in on something moving fast...no that might be hard then but you can set up a field that will teleport things og a certain volume getting close to you, ok it will really confuse any bees or other bugs around you but it will still work."
Ryan said then he raised an eyebrow.
"The why do you whine? If you have idea why do you claim you do not kid?"

"That'll be fun." he said with a smile. "Those guns are so expensive though..."

"I have one. I can dig it out of storage."
Your uncle replied.

Can we actually! That'd be awesome!" Serge said, agreeing wholeheartedly. "That'd be perfect. Plus I get to see some more of your magick. I've always wanted to see what it felt like to get freeze framed."

"We can, like my sister I do not really want to see you put in harms way kid but I want you to be able to defend yourself, let us make it a regular thing once this crisis is over."
Ryan said then he gave a wry smile.
"Well your wish is my command, I will get to it once we start sparring."

[Basement]

Colin sighed, "There's nothing about you that makes you inherently unworthy to voice your opinion. In fact, if anyone tries to tell you that, you let me know, alright? And yes, torture is just bad."

"Yes Sir."
The boy muttered and looked down but it was clear he still believed he was indeed inherently unworthy.

He nodded, "At the very least, when it's done with a little care, one can avoid further aggravating the pain... but no, I would not want to experience it for myself."
He smiled wryly, "Then there's the poor woman who is lying torpid in my workshop, there are a few people in the Chantry not too pleased with that... but I was rather morally obligated to shelter her, unstaked."

"Well I guess it can be done...gentler it would still really suck though Sir."
Shawn muttered nervously.
"I...remember you telling me about her I think you had accidentally killed her Sire and now you wanted to take care of the childe...what are you going to do when she wakes up though?"

He shrugged, "Perhaps it will, perhaps it won't - the future is a wiggly thing, and while some key events will inevitably happen, the outcome can... still be shifted, ever so slightly. And I believe the Chief will come to accept you, though it might take a couple of years for him to, heh, fully warm up to you..."

"Are you going to be there if I am ever...staked again?"
Shawn muttered the young vampire looked rather sure it would happen eventually and he was scared and shivering.
"I am not so sure I want to be warmed up so I will stay out of the Chief's way Sir."

He grinned, "First thing first - we have to start mending the damage the bloody Giovanni have done to your psyche. That's your primary task for now; heal, physically and mentally."

The young vampire looked down and nodded.
"Yes Sir."
He muttered though he did not really know how to respond.

He glanced back at Shawn, "I'm afraid he doesn't have conscious control over it, he just experienced a bit of unexpected relief, I think, over a personal matter; not the sort of thing I can easily manipulate... nor should I. I'd suggest bringing him some company, or bringing him to some company, so they could keep an ear up for other visions, but... that might not be constructive, either. But for now, there are two vampires present, at least, and one of which is an insane, old fleshcrafter. Might want to repeat the trick with the ice cream maker."

"Very well, do not pressure the boy. I will see what can be done for now. The problem with repeating that little trick as that we do not know where the Messassa is located."
Jeffry replied.
"Well if your new Custos say something more Mr Wainwright call me."

He shook his hand slightly, absentmindedly, as the stinging sensation dissipated, "Yes, you rather did."

The Nephandus just grinned as he worked his jaw to get the stinging to lessen.

He nodded, "Thank you, we weren't sure that she was your target. There were a few other possibilities, after all, though it seemed fairly likely after the failed attempt to compel a time spirit to change her personal history. So, the ailurophobic Chronomancer in your Labyrinth sent you to prevent my daughter from becoming a threat in the future, then. I'm rather curious as to why, but you know... since you failed to kill yourself in this timeline..."
He leaned down, staring the Nephandus straight in the eyes, "that means I can get the loose bits of your Avatar once you are gilguled. You would be astonished at how much those fragments can remember of their last incarnation. Under the circumstances, what you want to keep my daughter from accomplishing years in the future is not an urgent concern, and I don't feel particularly inclined to use pain as a motivator for getting you to speak in any case. What I can offer you, if you choose to speak, is a face in the crowd at your sentencing that doesn't hate or fear you... and of course, the infamous Lady Crexia Hermes is visiting this Chantry, so if you decide not to speak, I'm afraid she'll be quite happy to ply her trade to convince you otherwise.

"I am fully aware of what happens to Fallen who get captured and I have been told you have a shard cluster, however perhaps you will get something that is left of my soul after...that...or perhaps not that is no reason for me to betray my own at this time as for Lady Crexia, perhaps she will get information out of me and perhaps not, I will not just offer up the information."
He said in a terrified, serious tone of voice.
"I would not take the risk to get captured if I was not dedicated. I am not going to just toss all of that away now, in fact my dedication to the Nephandi is all I have left and what will happen to me have to mean something, it have to be for something so no I will not talk."

But really, it's your decision whether you'll want to tell me about, say, what happened to Karloff Schwarz, and the two Linear Verbena that accompanied him?"

"This I can tell you, it will not affect my side for you to know. Jace wanted them for his research so they where sent to his lab, whatever or not they are still alive that I do not know, they where collateral damage and I am sorry for their fate, it is not an easy death that lies ahead of them if they are not dead already."
The Nephandus replied glancing up at you.

[Waltham]

'No... any way to stop our raid alerting the cops or nosy neighbours. One thing at a time.' Nicole replied.

"I was thinking of stepping into the Pen Umbra, the world will be mostly the same and the sleepers will not see us."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"It is a possibility at least but it means we will have to attack across the Gauntlet to get to out enemies who are located in the physical world."

No... but thinking it might be possible for us to rig one up.' biting her lip, clearly thinking about the problem.

"If you can do so quickly then I am sure that would be most useful Miss Bouchard."
The Chief agreed.

'Yeah... but are we close enough that if someone was at the top of that spire with like a pair of modified binoculars, would they be able to see the buildings?'

"Yes I think so."
Fran replied with a nod as she turned to look at the spire behind her.

'How about casting a spell on a pair of binoculars which is then used to look at the target buildings, sir?'

"I fear that a ward would probably still count that as a spell Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry replied with a frown.

Can traps be made visible somehow? Like how a UV light can show rat-trails?'

"That really depends on what sort of traps we are talking about."
Antonio commented.
"And whatever or not they are magickal."

'How the fuck did they know? Or just luck?' Nicole replied, running towards the car and pulling out her carbine and some ammo from the trunk. Quickly switched her cell back to the tracking app - to see if they had any visitors yet.

"That I do not know."
Jeffry replied with a frown.
"I was told that they know not how, well at least now being discovered is less of a concern and we might as well use magick to scan the building, as long as we do not trigger the self destruct on the lab itself."
You notice that on the building itself Jon's app was absolutely blank. You saw people in the houses around the church though and your group and there was a dot indicated as undead inside a little kiosk on the other side of the street.

(OOC: Oh yes oops she is there as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:39 am

[Narim's Room]

"Well perhaps you are courageous then, instead. Perhaps I am, too, for I was very afraid.”

"Perhaps all we can do is try to control our fear as well as we can."
Narim said.
"Taking one step at the time."

"He is very stubborn but we are more stubborn."

The Virtual Adept nodded at that.
"We are going to have to be.

In his clarified outline, he had written the basic procedures for the Greater Hexagram of banishing, followed by the Middle pillar and the formula LVX as part of the Rose Cross, all in specific order, then annotations for his insights added to the other side, where he'd scratched down his initial impressions. These were all basic things he had learned, but his understanding allowed him to put it to better use now. Along the premise, there was a short list of corresponding items that could be used or visualized, and circle with a hexagon and a hexagram for tipereth as well, and the 12 zodiac and 7 classical planets. Additionally, while the first spread the energy, the second concentrated it where it needed to be and together in proper operation created a whirl of energy that connected, which was part of the usefulness of what he’d learned. The point in the circle was kether. There was also an hour glass like shape, Malkuth of Yetzirah, the world of formation, and Kether of Assiah, the world of action and incarnated beings; it was essentially the same diagram but as seen from the side, showing the circulation of the energy transferring across the planes, shown in the drawing of the letter itself, as well the part of Vav that looked like Yod; which was Kether, but when formed and extended downwards like Vav. When he had everything nailed down in a way that could be practically used, looked up at the others and then nodded, more to himself than them. At least he knew what he was going to try to do...whether anyone else might get it, well, that was a different story.

Helena was quiet as you worked on writing down the ritual. If you showed it to her she nodded.
"I am not sure I fully understand what this will fully do brother but this I can work with...if you stay with Master Sharaya I can go and gather the tools we will need if you wanted to try this working now?"
She offered as she handed your notes back to you.
"Are you making a ritual?"
Narim asked.
"Do you think it will keep that Paradox Spirit from taking my Avatar?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:33 am

[Narim's room]

"Perhaps all we can do is try to control our fear as well as we can."
Narim said.
"Taking one step at the time."

He nodded.

Helena was quiet as you worked on writing down the ritual. If you showed it to her she nodded.
"I am not sure I fully understand what this will fully do brother but this I can work with...if you stay with Master Sharaya I can go and gather the tools we will need if you wanted to try this working now?"

"Of course I will stay with him. Like I said, the second thing from this, that I need to work out more." He frowned. "I may have to visit the library or collect some resources. But first, this yes thank you sora."

"Are you making a ritual?"
Narim asked.
"Do you think it will keep that Paradox Spirit from taking my Avatar?"

"I'm building a sequence," he said with a tip of his head. "First will be the reinforcement of what we have already. But I hope it will do that and a bit more, that it will not be needed also to do what I used it for, ultimately. That things will go better this now."

// watching DS9's episode, Rapture - aka Sisko has a Seeking

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:59 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"I know dear one and like I said I do not think you would want to be a person who laugh at someone's death, but here is why others react to the way you look at combat, if someone are shot with an actual bullet from an actual gun they will at best be seriously injured and there is a good chance they will be dead. When someone look at combat like if it was a cartoon others will see that as often taking very lightly on something that is very serious."
Ange said softly and she put a hand on her apprentice's cheek gently.

"That's just...how I look at things." he said with a frown, taking the time to enjoy his mentor's warm touch. A touch he had rarely felt before he had met her. "You don't have to worry about me. I like to talk and joke and say things that pop into my mind without thinking. But I'll never act in a way that'll take life for granted. Anyone's life."

Anja wrote:"A field of luck is a good idea that can work, just be sure that you are not lucky just so that the guy standing next to you get hit instead. As for honing in on something moving fast...no that might be hard then but you can set up a field that will teleport things og a certain volume getting close to you, ok it will really confuse any bees or other bugs around you but it will still work."
Ryan said then he raised an eyebrow.
"The why do you whine? If you have idea why do you claim you do not kid?"

"I don't know. I guess it feels a lot safer. If you claim you have nothing but are proven wrong than you feel...better in a way. If you claim you can do something but are proven wrong then you just feel like shit." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"We can, like my sister I do not really want to see you put in harms way kid but I want you to be able to defend yourself, let us make it a regular thing once this crisis is over."
Ryan said then he gave a wry smile.
"Well your wish is my command, I will get to it once we start sparring."

"Great. Now we just have to wait for the crisis to be over." Serge said with a sigh, taking a sip of his tea.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:54 am

[Common Room]

"That's just...how I look at things." he said with a frown, taking the time to enjoy his mentor's warm touch. A touch he had rarely felt before he had met her. "You don't have to worry about me. I like to talk and joke and say things that pop into my mind without thinking. But I'll never act in a way that'll take life for granted. Anyone's life."

"I know dear one you have a kind soul, but this is why others are often concerned when you speak very lightly of serious matters, it appears to be callous even if you are far from that."
Your Mentor said softly.
"Remember not everyone share your way of looking at the world."

"I don't know. I guess it feels a lot safer. If you claim you have nothing but are proven wrong than you feel...better in a way. If you claim you can do something but are proven wrong then you just feel like shit." Serge said with a shrug.

"I tend to rather go for a reasonable assessment of my abilities, neither bragging nor underplaying what I can do, that way my allies will have a reasonable idea of what they can expect from me."
Ryan said with a sigh.
"Downplaying your abilities to much is just as annoying for an outsider as bragging is."

"Great. Now we just have to wait for the crisis to be over." Serge said with a sigh, taking a sip of his tea.

"Damned Nephandi always ruining everyone's fun, I mean that is what they are the ultimate party poopers, they do not want to just end the party, they want the party to have never happened."
Your uncle said with a frown.
"But we will stop them."

[Narim's Room]

"Of course I will stay with him. Like I said, the second thing from this, that I need to work out more." He frowned. "I may have to visit the library or collect some resources. But first, this yes thank you sora."

"Very well, I will go and get the tools we need and you write up a list of what you need from the library brother."
Helena said and she waited for your reply before she headed out into the hallway.

"I'm building a sequence," he said with a tip of his head. "First will be the reinforcement of what we have already. But I hope it will do that and a bit more, that it will not be needed also to do what I used it for, ultimately. That things will go better this now."

Narim nodded.
"Yes hopefully it will not be needed indeed."
He said but he was clearly worried.
"Here have a cup of coffee it looks like it might be needed. In the meantime just to be sure why don't I do a quick divination just to be sure wards and all are holding."
Adjan offered as he put a cup of coffee in front of you, clearly hoping such a divination would calm Narim.
"O...ok I should get back to running ops for Jeffry's team out in the field."
The Virtual Adept replied.
"Thank you both."

(OOC: I am thinking a roll of Int plus High Ritual for Adey to complete constructing his ritual.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next