Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:04 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Which takes us back to the "alerting cops" issue.' Nicole replied. 'What we like need is like some kind of dampening field or something so we can work without fear some stupid doughnut-munchers turn up to investigate.'

Anja's Post:

'Fucking wards...' she muttered, clearly annoyed.

Anja's Post:

Silently, Nicole signalled to the Chief the kiosk, aiming her carbine at it and - if possible - finding cover, such as the side of her car.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:33 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess it can be done...gentler it would still really suck though Sir."
Shawn muttered nervously.
"I...remember you telling me about her I think you had accidentally killed her Sire and now you wanted to take care of the childe...what are you going to do when she wakes up though?"
Colin sighed, "I can shelter her there for a little while, once she's recovered... but I will have to do some serious negotiations with the Prince. I think... I might be able to make him an offer he'll accept as equitable exchange for the woman's safety, though. He's a noble man, as vampire Princes go."

Anja wrote:"Are you going to be there if I am ever...staked again?"
Shawn muttered the young vampire looked rather sure it would happen eventually and he was scared and shivering.
"I am not so sure I want to be warmed up so I will stay out of the Chief's way Sir."
He nodded, "If that were to happen, yes, I would make sure to be there for you... And I meant that as in the Chief softening up towards you."

Anja wrote:"Very well, do not pressure the boy. I will see what can be done for now. The problem with repeating that little trick as that we do not know where the Messassa is located."
Jeffry replied.
"Well if your new Custos say something more Mr Wainwright call me."
He nodded, "He, or the prisoner."

Anja wrote:"I am fully aware of what happens to Fallen who get captured and I have been told you have a shard cluster, however perhaps you will get something that is left of my soul after...that...or perhaps not that is no reason for me to betray my own at this time as for Lady Crexia, perhaps she will get information out of me and perhaps not, I will not just offer up the information."
He said in a terrified, serious tone of voice.
"I would not take the risk to get captured if I was not dedicated. I am not going to just toss all of that away now, in fact my dedication to the Nephandi is all I have left and what will happen to me have to mean something, it have to be for something so no I will not talk."
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, who told you I have such an Avatar, then? Now I am curious. Especially seeing as I have a few suspicions as to how that bit of knowledge might have reached you..."

Anja wrote:"This I can tell you, it will not affect my side for you to know. Jace wanted them for his research so they where sent to his lab, whatever or not they are still alive that I do not know, they where collateral damage and I am sorry for their fate, it is not an easy death that lies ahead of them if they are not dead already."
The Nephandus replied glancing up at you.
He frowned, then nodded, "Jace would... probably keep them alive for a while, to harvest their spinal fluid; he's not the sort to waste resources so quickly. That's something the team on site will want to know."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:36 pm

[Waltham]

'Which takes us back to the "alerting cops" issue.' Nicole replied. 'What we like need is like some kind of dampening field or something so we can work without fear some stupid doughnut-munchers turn up to investigate.'

"Not so much if we pull our enemies into the Umbra with us."
Antonio commented.
"Such a field is possible Miss Bouchard but it would be ridiculously vulgar and costly in therms of Paradox."
Jeffry commented with a frown.
"Trying to be careful until we are inside of the building are probably a better approach."

'Fucking wards...' she muttered, clearly annoyed.

"Yes well they are designed to create a headache for opposing willworkers."
The Chief said with a frown.
"Which means we have to take them down or find a way around them."

Silently, Nicole signalled to the Chief the kiosk, aiming her carbine at it and - if possible - finding cover, such as the side of her car.

You managed to get into cover, Jeffry did the same thing which made the rest of the group follow suit. It was a good thing not many where outside in this area at night for it really did look like a shoot out was just about to take place, which it might.
"Let me see if I can shine some light on the situation."
Jeffry commented and he handed Fran his weapon and started doing several hand gestures while muttering in Latin. From inside the kiosk a man started screaming, then others screamed as well and soon a man on fire came rushing out.
"Miss Bouchard secure him if he is still alive when you get to him, he might still be in good enough a condition to answer questions. Miss Mundis make sure the telephone machines inside of the store and any cameras do not work so no sleeper authorities are called."
The old war mage ordered as he himself moved towards the kiosk quietly to see if there where anyone but terrified sleepers left inside. The light from the roof lamps in the shop had glowed with a more natural light for a while but now they where back to the regular sheen.

[Basement]

Colin sighed, "I can shelter her there for a little while, once she's recovered... but I will have to do some serious negotiations with the Prince. I think... I might be able to make him an offer he'll accept as equitable exchange for the woman's safety, though. He's a noble man, as vampire Princes go."

"Yes...off course Sir."
Shawn muttered and he looked down, he had not forgotten that it was the Prince how had sold him to the Giovanni Capo.
"Depending on who the woman is though it can be hard to get her legal status as a resident of the city, unless you ahve something to offer the Prince...such a placement can always be bought."
The boy said with a sigh.

He nodded, "If that were to happen, yes, I would make sure to be there for you... And I meant that as in the Chief softening up towards you."

"Thank you Sir and...I understand, it is not easy to like me."
The young thin blooded said sadly.
"I am bad luck after all."

He nodded, "He, or the prisoner."

"Yes if you come into any information that will help the mission please contact me Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied.

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, who told you I have such an Avatar, then? Now I am curious. Especially seeing as I have a few suspicions as to how that bit of knowledge might have reached you..."

"I doubt it is in my favor to confirm anything to you."
The prisoner said simply.

He frowned, then nodded, "Jace would... probably keep them alive for a while, to harvest their spinal fluid; he's not the sort to waste resources so quickly. That's something the team on site will want to know."

"Indeed probably the man love spinal fluids use it for most of his magick...former magick...ehm that he plan to do again...you get my point...fucking crazy former Progenitor is it just me or is it just a little bit creepy, he even wanted to drain some from my apprentice the fucker but no one is sticking a needle in my student's spine unless it is absolutely necessary for medical reasons so Jace can go and...well no matter, yes he will probably keep them alive to drain them for a while."
The Nephandus replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:50 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yes...off course Sir."
Shawn muttered and he looked down, he had not forgotten that it was the Prince how had sold him to the Giovanni Capo.
"Depending on who the woman is though it can be hard to get her legal status as a resident of the city, unless you ahve something to offer the Prince...such a placement can always be bought."
The boy said with a sigh.
Colin smiled thinly, "I know it will be a bit of an uphill struggle, but a Mage-wrought item, or an impossible favour, might go far in swaying him. So long, of course, as it is appropriate to his station."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Sir and...I understand, it is not easy to like me."
The young thin blooded said sadly.
"I am bad luck after all."
He arched an eyebrow, "Hardly; you're a good kid, and you've already brought us a fair bit of good luck and useful information. You're bad luck for our enemies, but that's a good thing... and keep in mind, an ill omen is not bad luck in and of itself, it's just a warning of something unpleasant on the horizon. For example, I have an owl friend; in some cultures, he'd be considered an ill omen, and for the Nephandus who ran into him and our resident Master Alchemist's dog, that turned out quite correct - but for the rest of us, the owl merely disabled a hostile intruder."

Anja wrote:"I doubt it is in my favor to confirm anything to you."
The prisoner said simply.
He shrugged, "Well, now, everything's relative - I could be persuaded to order you a favourite meal, for example. I'm sure you'll get hungry at some point."

Anja wrote:"Indeed probably the man love spinal fluids use it for most of his magick...former magick...ehm that he plan to do again...you get my point...fucking crazy former Progenitor is it just me or is it just a little bit creepy, he even wanted to drain some from my apprentice the fucker but no one is sticking a needle in my student's spine unless it is absolutely necessary for medical reasons so Jace can go and...well no matter, yes he will probably keep them alive to drain them for a while."
The Nephandus replied.
He nodded, "Obviously, we'll have to make sure we do take away all his toys this time, and tear his ghostly remains to tiny bits so he can't come back once more... Really, he's behaving a lot like a very stereotypical 80s horror franchise villain - just won't stay dead, even when we've seen the body... Hum, I don't suppose you'd be willing able to tell me if he's got a fully grown clone ready for inhabiting in his lab? On the subject of screwing Wallace Jace over, I mean?"

((OOC: Fishing, fishing, hoping to catch a fish... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:33 pm

[Basement]

Colin smiled thinly, "I know it will be a bit of an uphill struggle, but a Mage-wrought item, or an impossible favour, might go far in swaying him. So long, of course, as it is appropriate to his station."

"Yeah it might Sir."
Shawn said with a nod.
"If it is something of great use to him."

He arched an eyebrow, "Hardly; you're a good kid, and you've already brought us a fair bit of good luck and useful information. You're bad luck for our enemies, but that's a good thing... and keep in mind, an ill omen is not bad luck in and of itself, it's just a warning of something unpleasant on the horizon. For example, I have an owl friend; in some cultures, he'd be considered an ill omen, and for the Nephandus who ran into him and our resident Master Alchemist's dog, that turned out quite correct - but for the rest of us, the owl merely disabled a hostile intruder."

The young vampire looked at you for a little while then he smiled a little.
"I...have never heard it put like that Sir."
He said.
"I have always been told I and those like me are to blame that the world is going to end...wait...your owl and a dog defeated an intruder...that are some pets!"
The boy exclaimed.

He shrugged, "Well, now, everything's relative - I could be persuaded to order you a favourite meal, for example. I'm sure you'll get hungry at some point."

"Ah tempting as it is to sell out what I am giving my very soul for in order to get a serving of Italian fed to me as if I where a helpless babe I would have to say no."
The Nephandus replied and he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Obviously, we'll have to make sure we do take away all his toys this time, and tear his ghostly remains to tiny bits so he can't come back once more... Really, he's behaving a lot like a very stereotypical 80s horror franchise villain - just won't stay dead, even when we've seen the body... Hum, I don't suppose you'd be willing able to tell me if he's got a fully grown clone ready for inhabiting in his lab? On the subject of screwing Wallace Jace over, I mean?"

"Yes the man do lack class I wonder at times why my Labyrinth got involved with him, it seams to be a rather bad bet."
The prisoner said with a frown.
"But as my Labyrinth are actually involved with the man I think my Gilledian would be somewhat miffed if I gave you to much information about him."

(OOC: Trying to catch a Nephandi fish?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:55 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yeah it might Sir."
Shawn said with a nod.
"If it is something of great use to him."
Colin nodded, "I'm sure I can find something."

Anja wrote:The young vampire looked at you for a little while then he smiled a little.
"I...have never heard it put like that Sir."
He said.
"I have always been told I and those like me are to blame that the world is going to end...wait...your owl and a dog defeated an intruder...that are some pets!"
The boy exclaimed.
He grimaced, "Getting blinded tends to ruin someone's combat effectiveness... Poor owl needed a bath afterwards, though."

Anja wrote:"Ah tempting as it is to sell out what I am giving my very soul for in order to get a serving of Italian fed to me as if I where a helpless babe I would have to say no."
The Nephandus replied and he raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "Worth a shot. Italian, though... interesting choice."

Anja wrote:"Yes the man do lack class I wonder at times why my Labyrinth got involved with him, it seams to be a rather bad bet."
The prisoner said with a frown.
"But as my Labyrinth are actually involved with the man I think my Gilledian would be somewhat miffed if I gave you to much information about him."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, he is a bad bet, make no mistake - my Chantry, my very Cabal, in fact, has a pretty good track record against the man. He's a skilled and dangerous enemy. Pity he's also dishonourable. After he worked with Lisa Larson, though, who betrayed her Gilledian and ruled her Labyrinth under the pretense of following Griga's orders, you'd think your Gilledian would be wary of working with anyone in positions of authority from that Labyrinth - undead or alive."

((OOC: Something like that. Not one like Dalisse, though, she's a special case. And not really Nephandi anymore, either...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:11 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "I'm sure I can find something."

Shawn nodded at that.
"I am sure you will Sir."

He grimaced, "Getting blinded tends to ruin someone's combat effectiveness... Poor owl needed a bath afterwards, though."

"Ouch...but yes I imagine that it do. Remind me not to run afoul your owl Sir though I am sure he is cute."
The young vampire commented his eyes widening a little.

He shrugged, "Worth a shot. Italian, though... interesting choice."

"Yeah well...I like pasta, what did you think that I ate babies or something?"
The prisoner asked and he raised an eyebrow.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, he is a bad bet, make no mistake - my Chantry, my very Cabal, in fact, has a pretty good track record against the man. He's a skilled and dangerous enemy. Pity he's also dishonourable. After he worked with Lisa Larson, though, who betrayed her Gilledian and ruled her Labyrinth under the pretense of following Griga's orders, you'd think your Gilledian would be wary of working with anyone in positions of authority from that Labyrinth - undead or alive."

"Yeah I heard about what Larson did to her Gilledian, now do not get me wrong betrayal and backstabbing is a fairly common way to get ahead in the Nephandi but it was the way it was done, to be honest I did consider taking my apprentice and leaving when I heard we would be working with the fucking Speckters, I probably should have we had a offer to join at a perfectly good Labyrinth in...ehm...never you mind where...but I stayed and it seams that will cost me...fucking Wallace Jace..."
The Nephandus muttered angrily.

(OOC: What if you get a navigator on the line?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:39 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Ouch...but yes I imagine that it do. Remind me not to run afoul your owl Sir though I am sure he is cute."
The young vampire commented his eyes widening a little.
Colin grinned, "Jareth is quite intelligent, he'll recognize you as Friend once I introduce you."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well...I like pasta, what did you think that I ate babies or something?"
The prisoner asked and he raised an eyebrow.
He shook his head, "No, just that some Italians have come up in association with the Larson situation a couple of months ago... Gilgul-happy monsters who cheerfully butchered widderslaintes."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I heard about what Larson did to her Gilledian, now do not get me wrong betrayal and backstabbing is a fairly common way to get ahead in the Nephandi but it was the way it was done, to be honest I did consider taking my apprentice and leaving when I heard we would be working with the fucking Speckters, I probably should have we had a offer to join at a perfectly good Labyrinth in...ehm...never you mind where...but I stayed and it seams that will cost me...fucking Wallace Jace..."
The Nephandus muttered angrily.
He frowned, then nodded, "Yes, Jace seems particularly good at getting those who are persuaded to work with him killed or worse... And yes, Larson's method of betrayal was just plain wrong; even as your enemy, I can sympathize with you in that regard."
He sighed, "And soon, I'll, hm, persuade the Exemplar to let us have the Labyrinth in the necklace, so we can go in like the bloody US Marines and clear that out, too... One important question, that might spare a life and a soul... is your Apprentice Fallen?"

((OOC: Depends. Is the Navigator of the Dune or the 40K variety? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:55 pm

[Basement]

Colin grinned, "Jareth is quite intelligent, he'll recognize you as Friend once I introduce you."

"I am glad to hear it Sir."
The young vampire replied with a slight smile.

He shook his head, "No, just that some Italians have come up in association with the Larson situation a couple of months ago... Gilgul-happy monsters who cheerfully butchered widderslaintes."

"I see have you now, well this is not something I can comment on and is irrelevant to me enjoying pasta."
The Nephandus replied firmly.

He frowned, then nodded, "Yes, Jace seems particularly good at getting those who are persuaded to work with him killed or worse... And yes, Larson's method of betrayal was just plain wrong; even as your enemy, I can sympathize with you in that regard."

"So it seams yes the man promised power but I am not so sure he plan to deliver, I however am not of a high rank in the Labyrinth so I do not get listened to."
The prisoner said with a sigh.

He sighed, "And soon, I'll, hm, persuade the Exemplar to let us have the Labyrinth in the necklace, so we can go in like the bloody US Marines and clear that out, too... One important question, that might spare a life and a soul... is your Apprentice Fallen?"

"Well that might be a bit harder of a task than you plan on, but we shall see. I am not going to play a game of my Labyrinth is bigger than your Chantry no it is not. As for my apprentice...no she is not she can not be she is like you. She was a member of the Void Engineers once, betrayed by her own, so we ehm...recruited her when she had no one else to turn to, no one dear to put her in a Caul."
The dark haired man replied.
"She is Nephandi though she will fight for us."

(OOC: Let us say...one of each. Smile )

(OOC 2: Agh I need to stay out of political discussions on facebook to some if you have even a slightly different opinion than them you are Hitler.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:08 pm

[Narim's room]

"Very well, I will go and get the tools we need and you write up a list of what you need from the library brother."
Helena said and she waited for your reply before she headed out into the hallway.

He nodded. "Thank you. There are some supplies in my closet." Most of it he felt would facilitate it, the objective he understood and...if it came to that, and he hoped it never would, at least that way the sequence could be initiated more quickly having the ritual beneath it as foundation.

Narim nodded.
"Yes hopefully it will not be needed indeed."
He said but he was clearly worried.

"I did not have that Seeking at this time for no reason, I believe, asteri mou."

"Here have a cup of coffee it looks like it might be needed. In the meantime just to be sure why don't I do a quick divination just to be sure wards and all are holding."
Adjan offered as he put a cup of coffee in front of you, clearly hoping such a divination would calm Narim

"Thank you my friend," he said a bit sheepishly, having not yet said anything to him. What had happened had made him driven to see the thing through. "That sounds like a good idea."

"O...ok I should get back to running ops for Jeffry's team out in the field."
The Virtual Adept replied.

"Latria mou, I will very soon be doing a complex working and I will need your presence again, it is not so much done to you or the area, as with you...perhaps is there someone who can help you right now with this task?" He knew Freddy was still recovering and would be for some time, and that left his easily overlooked cabalmate who only came to mind after scouring his memory. "Jon perhaps? If he needed your input you would at least be close at hand once the effects are completed."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:27 pm

[Narim's room]

He nodded. "Thank you. There are some supplies in my closet." Most of it he felt would facilitate it, the objective he understood and...if it came to that, and he hoped it never would, at least that way the sequence could be initiated more quickly having the ritual beneath it as foundation.

"Very well, I also have some supplies with me. I think I get what we need for now at least so I will get that and then come back for the list of books."
Helena said with a nod before she left.

I did not have that Seeking at this time for no reason, I believe, asteri mou."

"Our Avatars often know...more than us. I do not even know what mine is but...I can not completely believe it is just a part of my brain for at times it sings in my mind, a part of my brain would not do that, sing I mean...though other Adepts would probably laugh and me and say I am delusional since I am religious...ehm well anyway I am babbeling, sorry yes usually there are a good reason for Seekings is what I meant to say."
Narim said, nervousness making his words a bit jumbled, he gave you a warm smile though.

"Thank you my friend," he said a bit sheepishly, having not yet said anything to him. What had happened had made him driven to see the thing through. "That sounds like a good idea."

Adjan sat down and rolled his bone dice, after a few rolls he nodded and said.
"The wards hold true, but outside of them...there is something there but I can not get a grip on it, but nothing have disturbed the wards so we should be perfectly safe here."
He said quickly not to worry Narim, the Virtual Adept did look worried though and he was about to head to the window to look outside but Adjan held up a hand to stop him and limped his way to the window himself to look out.
"I don't see anything amiss, there is a woman out there, not a Paradox spirit a woman heading towards the delli other than that there is no one."
The Euthanathos commented.

Latria mou, I will very soon be doing a complex working and I will need your presence again, it is not so much done to you or the area, as with you...perhaps is there someone who can help you right now with this task?" He knew Freddy was still recovering and would be for some time, and that left his easily overlooked cabalmate who only came to mind after scouring his memory. "Jon perhaps? If he needed your input you would at least be close at hand once the effects are completed."

"Jon is on guard duty, but let me just call my new apprentice, she can run ops from Tokyo just as well as I can from here, all they really need is someone to pull up maps, hack into security systems and other such matters for them, she can do that I have every confidence in her."
Narim said with a nod and he fished one of his phones out of his pocket.

At this time Helena came back, she had put the supplies and ritual tools carefully in a white basket and put them on the little table by the door.
"Adley, if you give my apprentice the list of books you need. Our brother is sick and I am going to talk him into letting me take him to the infirmary. I do not think it is anything serious and anxiety attack mixed with not sleeping or eating well for days but I want to make sure. I will be right back when you are ready to do the working or if you have questions but for running errands I can send Stephen. He is with Kyle now, I just wanted to drop this off, I will send him right over once I take the kid up to see Dr Lee if that is all right with you brother."
The older Flambeau said she looked a bit worried and had a frown on her stern face.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:08 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"I know dear one you have a kind soul, but this is why others are often concerned when you speak very lightly of serious matters, it appears to be callous even if you are far from that."
Your Mentor said softly.
"Remember not everyone share your way of looking at the world."

"Speaking lightly of serious matters....is how I deal with all of this. Keep my head up during the day and make it seem less scary at night." Serge said sadly. "But I understand. I'll try and remember that."

Anja wrote:"I tend to rather go for a reasonable assessment of my abilities, neither bragging nor underplaying what I can do, that way my allies will have a reasonable idea of what they can expect from me."
Ryan said with a sigh.
"Downplaying your abilities to much is just as annoying for an outsider as bragging is."

"How do you know what's bragging and what's underplaying?" Serge asked. "I don't know. It just feels like it's better to achieve more than expected than fall short of what you claim."

Anja wrote:"Damned Nephandi always ruining everyone's fun, I mean that is what they are the ultimate party poopers, they do not want to just end the party, they want the party to have never happened."
Your uncle said with a frown.
"But we will stop them."

"We did it last time, we'll do it again." Serge agreed.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:18 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

Nicole kept aim at the kiosk, eyes widening for a moment when the screaming began. On the Chief's order, Nicole pulled open the trunk of her car and grabbed the fire blanket and began to run towards the burning man...

[Kiosk? I'm assuming one of those little hut things which they sometimes put shops in?]

[I refuse to 'stay out' of stuff like that. For if all reasonable people do that, only the loons remain...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:20 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I see have you now, well this is not something I can comment on and is irrelevant to me enjoying pasta."
The Nephandus replied firmly.
Colin nodded, "I suppose it is indeed irrelevant. Hum..."

Anja wrote:"So it seams yes the man promised power but I am not so sure he plan to deliver, I however am not of a high rank in the Labyrinth so I do not get listened to."
The prisoner said with a sigh.
He sighed, "I'm afraid Jace was always a slick, persuasive bastard... even the shards of his spectral allies don't seem inclined to trust him, though."

Anja wrote:"Well that might be a bit harder of a task than you plan on, but we shall see. I am not going to play a game of my Labyrinth is bigger than your Chantry no it is not. As for my apprentice...no she is not she can not be she is like you. She was a member of the Void Engineers once, betrayed by her own, so we ehm...recruited her when she had no one else to turn to, no one dear to put her in a Caul."
The dark haired man replied.
"She is Nephandi though she will fight for us."
He nodded thoughtfully, "If she's not Fallen... it might be possible to spare her. Would you like me to plead on her behalf, if she's willing?"

((OOC: That poor vampire in the kiosk, though...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:31 pm

[Narim's room]

"Very well, I also have some supplies with me. I think I get what we need for now at least so I will get that and then come back for the list of books."
Helena said with a nod before she left.

He nodded to that.

"Our Avatars often know...more than us. I do not even know what mine is but...I can not completely believe it is just a part of my brain for at times it sings in my mind, a part of my brain would not do that, sing I mean...though other Adepts would probably laugh and me and say I am delusional since I am religious...ehm well anyway I am babbeling, sorry yes usually there are a good reason for Seekings is what I meant to say."

"Well, I won't laugh at you. You can tell me that kind of thing, even if it doesn't make exact sense to you or I. I do not think you are delusional, and I have heard other technomancers speak of things that they are not yet able to understand."

Adjan sat down and rolled his bone dice, after a few rolls he nodded and said. "The wards hold true, but outside of them...there is something there but I can not get a grip on it, but nothing have disturbed the wards so we should be perfectly safe here. "I don't see anything amiss, there is a woman out there, not a Paradox spirit a woman heading towards the delli other than that there is no one."
The Euthanathos commented.""

He frowned. "I am glad to see the wards holding, though. I am of the mind to refresh the old ward and start the new working as soon as we can though.

"Jon is on guard duty, but let me just call my new apprentice, she can run ops from Tokyo just as well as I can from here, all they really need is someone to pull up maps, hack into security systems and other such matters for them, she can do that I have every confidence in her."

He nodded to that.

"Adley, if you give my apprentice the list of books you need. Our brother is sick and I am going to talk him into letting me take him to the infirmary. I do not think it is anything serious and anxiety attack mixed with not sleeping or eating well for days but I want to make sure. I will be right back when you are ready to do the working or if you have questions but for running errands I can send Stephen. He is with Kyle now, I just wanted to drop this off, I will send him right over once I take the kid up to see Dr Lee if that is all right with you brother."

He frowned in concern. "Of course. I hope he is alright. One thing, after checking the wards, it was determined there is something outside of them but he couldn't tell what it was," he said, nodding to Adjan. But it has not yet tried to penetrate the wards," he informed her before she left to attend to his brother. He went to work on the items getting everything ready. "I would put away things that you don't want blown around, since I will be facing certain directions." Knowing something was out there waiting was not a good feeling, but he knew rushing things would make a poor effort as well and maybe then it wouldn't work. With that in mind he went about finishing up what he needed to check on, including the planetary alignments, so the prep work would be done and ready.

// Int+HR: 7, 0, 2, 2, 7, 0

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:48 pm

[Common Room]

"Speaking lightly of serious matters....is how I deal with all of this. Keep my head up during the day and make it seem less scary at night." Serge said sadly. "But I understand. I'll try and remember that."

"I understand that dear one and when it is a way for yourself to cope with the world, it is perfectly fine, but remember that part of being a good mentalist is being able to look at the world from other's perspective and to them often taking to lightly on such serious matters are insulting or disturbing. Think of it this way one person might have really dark, brutal humor, and that helps him keep his head up and keep going but to some that humor would be terrifying or hurtful, and then it is important to moderate yourself or at least be accepting of the reactions you get from others, remember not everyone share your views."
Your Mentor said softly.

"How do you know what's bragging and what's underplaying?" Serge asked. "I don't know. It just feels like it's better to achieve more than expected than fall short of what you claim."

"You know what you are able to do and claim what you are able to do. I can stop time, I can create a time bubble for example I know I can do so consistently if you have to low an opinion of what you can do, then that is another issue that needs solving."
Ryan replied.

"We did it last time, we'll do it again." Serge agreed.

"Yeah we will."
The Cultist agreed. You saw Cita come down the stairs and join you again.
"There I am back. I am sorry about the interruption."
She said before she nodded to the two other magi and they greeted her in return.

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "I suppose it is indeed irrelevant. Hum..."

"It is."
The Nephandus agreed with a nod.

He sighed, "I'm afraid Jace was always a slick, persuasive bastard... even the shards of his spectral allies don't seem inclined to trust him, though."

"That he is and no there is no reason to trust the asshole."
The prisoner said bitterly.

He nodded thoughtfully, "If she's not Fallen... it might be possible to spare her. Would you like me to plead on her behalf, if she's willing?"

"Yes...thank you. I would not like for her to die."
The Nephandus replied looking up at you.
"Or worse."

[Waltham]

Nicole kept aim at the kiosk, eyes widening for a moment when the screaming began. On the Chief's order, Nicole pulled open the trunk of her car and grabbed the fire blanket and began to run towards the burning man...

You got to the burning, screaming man twisting and turning on the ground, he was badly burnt but his efforts was having an effect, once the light in the kiosk went back to normal it seamed so did the fuel for the flames, though the man still burned better than a human would, a blanket would be able to put out the flames.

[Narim's Room]

"Well, I won't laugh at you. You can tell me that kind of thing, even if it doesn't make exact sense to you or I. I do not think you are delusional, and I have heard other technomancers speak of things that they are not yet able to understand."

"I see my Avatar sort of like a library of code, that I can link to in order to get impasse to change the world's code but that is not all...I guess I can not put my finger on it."
Narim commented.

He frowned. "I am glad to see the wards holding, though. I am of the mind to refresh the old ward and start the new working as soon as we can though.

"Refreshing wards now and again is probably a good idea, but for now they look fine my friend."
Adjan replied.

He nodded to that.

Narim started talking Japanese, which he was apparently fluent in to someone on the other end of the phone, his tone was fatherly and caring, after a few short exchanges the conversation was over.
"My apprentice will take over the job of running ops for Jeffry's team, so they should be in good hands."
He said as he put his phone away.
"I am all yours then for whatever you need me to do for your working Adley."
The Virtual Adept said then he blushed as he clearly though that he was all yours in other ways as well.

He frowned in concern. "Of course. I hope he is alright. One thing, after checking the wards, it was determined there is something outside of them but he couldn't tell what it was," he said, nodding to Adjan. But it has not yet tried to penetrate the wards," he informed her before she left to attend to his brother.

"I could have just been a spirit passing by with no interest in us but usually I can pinpoint them better."
Adjan commented.
"I will see what I can find out brother."
Helena said.
"I am sure Kyle is fine, this is a hard time for him, it is natural there will be some physical reactions, I just want Dr Lee to have a look."
She said and Narim commented.
"I hope Kyle will be okey Miss Mar."
Adjan nodded at that.
"Give the kid my best please."

He went to work on the items getting everything ready. "I would put away things that you don't want blown around, since I will be facing certain directions." Knowing something was out there waiting was not a good feeling, but he knew rushing things would make a poor effort as well and maybe then it wouldn't work. With that in mind he went about finishing up what he needed to check on, including the planetary alignments.

You where starting to get the ritual ready. Adjan raised an eyebrow.
"So little things moving around is you?"
He asked then he looked concerned.
"Is it Paradox?"

At this time you heard a soft knock on the door, probably Stephen there to see if you needed anything from the library. Adjan went to open the door.
"Miss Mar's apprentice is here Adley."
He called back to you as he let Stephen in, the young mage bowed to the older magi.
"My teacher said you might need an errand boy Uncle Adley."
He said.
"So here I am."

(OOC: A language barrier, a kiosk in Norwegian would be like a 7 11 shop, a small shop filled with candy, soft drinks, cheap fast food and the like, though it could also be a little candy stand.)

(OOC 2: I am just so tired of the polarization. I do not agree with all the far left have to say and I do not agree with most of what the far right have to say this makes me just not left enough so I am Hitler.)

(OOC 3: Poor vampire indeed Jeffry shone a light on his activities.)

(OOC 4: That will create a very nice ritual.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:33 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"That he is and no there is no reason to trust the asshole."
The prisoner said bitterly.
Colin nodded, "I spoke with the remains of his Avatar... Wallace Jace is a lousy Nephandus; he's not interested in unmaking the world, he wants to rule it, and to continue his painful, unethical experimentation. And if he gets his way tonight, it will open the door a little more for Moloch. Can't let that happen..."

Anja wrote:"Yes...thank you. I would not like for her to die."
The Nephandus replied looking up at you.
"Or worse."
He nodded, "If she's not Fallen, there might be a way to get her out of the proverbial fire. She might need some... reconditioning, as it were; a change of allegiance... but I can attempt to offer her a way out."
He smiled wryly, "If hers is anything like mine, though, it will probably be an unwise choice to try to hurt her Avatar. Depends on how conscious hers is."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:43 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"I understand that dear one and when it is a way for yourself to cope with the world, it is perfectly fine, but remember that part of being a good mentalist is being able to look at the world from other's perspective and to them often taking to lightly on such serious matters are insulting or disturbing. Think of it this way one person might have really dark, brutal humor, and that helps him keep his head up and keep going but to some that humor would be terrifying or hurtful, and then it is important to moderate yourself or at least be accepting of the reactions you get from others, remember not everyone share your views."
Your Mentor said softly.

"Yeah...your right. I'll try to remember that in the future." he promised, putting more stock in his mentor's words and taking them to heart.

Anja wrote:"You know what you are able to do and claim what you are able to do. I can stop time, I can create a time bubble for example I know I can do so consistently if you have to low an opinion of what you can do, then that is another issue that needs solving."
Ryan replied.
Anja wrote:"Yeah we will."
The Cultist agreed. You saw Cita come down the stairs and join you again.
"There I am back. I am sorry about the interruption."
She said before she nodded to the two other magi and they greeted her in return.

"Hey! Welcome back. Hope the mystery dude is all right." Serge said standing up and facing the Master. His Uncle and Mentor would notice that whatever sadness or doubt that Serge had on his face from their previous conversation seem to melt away almost instantly, returning back to the cheerful look that most of the chantry could recognize.

"I picked out two good photographers while you were away."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:44 am

[Common Room]

"Yeah...your right. I'll try to remember that in the future." he promised, putting more stock in his mentor's words and taking them to heart.

"Remember you are not wrong, but how you speak will affect how others see you and then you can decide if you are okey with the reactions you get, or if you want to be careful about how much of your mind set you share in a given situation."
Ange said and she patted your hand gently.

"Hey! Welcome back. Hope the mystery dude is all right." Serge said standing up and facing the Master. His Uncle and Mentor would notice that whatever sadness or doubt that Serge had on his face from their previous conversation seem to melt away almost instantly, returning back to the cheerful look that most of the chantry could recognize.

"Yes the person who was in a Seeking is fine."
Cita said and she smiled.
"Where you ready to continue with our task or did you have business with the Deaconess and Mr Darehill right now?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"No I think we are about done here."
Ange said and Cita bowed.
"I hope I did not intrude ma'am."
"No you did not Master Telar, not at all."

"I picked out two good photographers while you were away."

"Ah wonderful, can you show me Mr Yager?"
The Virtual Adept Master asked.

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "I spoke with the remains of his Avatar... Wallace Jace is a lousy Nephandus; he's not interested in unmaking the world, he wants to rule it, and to continue his painful, unethical experimentation. And if he gets his way tonight, it will open the door a little more for Moloch. Can't let that happen..."

"Moloch that is from that Cult of Ecstasy Seer's visions right? What do that have to do with Wallace Jace?"
The prisoner asked and he raised and eyebrow.
"I can by that he want to rule rather than the destroy the world though he is...an asshole."
He agreed.
"We lost a member who just left when we started working with the ghosts, took her things and her familiar and left."

He nodded, "If she's not Fallen, there might be a way to get her out of the proverbial fire. She might need some... reconditioning, as it were; a change of allegiance... but I can attempt to offer her a way out."
He smiled wryly, "If hers is anything like mine, though, it will probably be an unwise choice to try to hurt her Avatar. Depends on how conscious hers is."

"I would appreciate it if the girl was allowed to live. As for how conscious her Avatar is, it is fairly simple she have never been able to learn very advanced magick so I have focused on teaching her to be creative with what she got, there are some limits usually to a shard cluster or so I read about them, they are not exactly common, but those shards are sharp so I am not so sure I would want to touch the cluster."
The Nephandus said with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:38 am

[Narim's Room]

"I see my Avatar sort of like a library of code, that I can link to in order to get impasse to change the world's code but that is not all...I guess I can not put my finger on it." Narim commented.

He gave him an encouraging nod.

"Refreshing wards now and again is probably a good idea, but for now they look fine my friend."
Adjan replied.

"Hm, perhaps whatever is out there is cloaked..."

"My apprentice will take over the job of running ops for Jeffry's team, so they should be in good hands."
He said as he put his phone away.
"I am all yours then for whatever you need me to do for your working Adley."

"Thanks. It will be easier to concentrate. I...wish I could explain it in a way that would make sense to you..."

I could have just been a spirit passing by with no interest in us but usually I can pinpoint them better."
Adjan commented.
"I will see what I can find out brother."
Helena said.

He nodded. "Be careful."

Adjan raised an eyebrow.
"So little things moving around is you?"
He asked then he looked concerned.
"Is it Paradox?"

"Yes, I was trying to use an auram spell and it backfired a bit. It's causing air disturbances, apparently it has yet to wear off."

"Miss Mar's apprentice is here Adley."
He called back to you as he let Stephen in, the young mage bowed to the older magi.
"My teacher said you might need an errand boy Uncle Adley."
He said.
"So here I am."

"Thank you; I needed a few references to work something else out, to form the right way to shape my questions...I think what I need should be in one of these books, from the library." He nodded to his nephew and then rattled off a short list of books, and whether or not he needed a translated copy or not.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:13 am

[Narim's Room]

He gave him an encouraging nod.

"I...can talk more about it when we are alone, everyone here are friends but some things are...very personal."
Narim said apologetically. Adjan nodded.
"Perfectly understandable Sir, I do not like to talk about my Avatar with anyone but those very closest to me either."
The Euthanathos said and Helena gave a nod to show she to understood perfectly well.

"Hm, perhaps whatever is out there is cloaked..."

"Yeah I am starting to suspect that it might be."
Adjan said.
"I will intensify my efforts."
The death magus declared before he rolled his dice again then he shook his head.
"No...something is there but it is like seeing a black cat in darkness, you know it is there but you can not see the shapes."

"Thanks. It will be easier to concentrate. I...wish I could explain it in a way that would make sense to you..."

"I might just not be ready brother, I get the basic concepts and the gist of what you are trying to do so I can aid you with the ritual, but you got the insight on this one."
Your sister replied with a serious look in her eyes.

He nodded. "Be careful."

"I will be baby brother."
Helena replied before she left.

"Yes, I was trying to use an auram spell and it backfired a bit. It's causing air disturbances, apparently it has yet to wear off."

"Well at least that is not a to serious Paradox effect it can get allot worse, though it can be a bit spooky if one do nto know what is going on."
Narim said and he seamed relieved that the effect plaguing you where minor and not to harmful.
"Is it when you talk that small things gets blown around?"
He asked.

"Thank you; I needed a few references to work something else out, to form the right way to shape my questions...I think what I need should be in one of these books, from the library." He nodded to his nephew and then rattled off a short list of books, and whether or not he needed a translated copy or not.

"I will get the books at once Uncle Adley."
Stephen said, like most Hermetics he had been taught to memorize information so he did not need to write the list down. The apprentice waited to see if you had any other instructions then he gave a bow to the gathered magi and a deeper one to Narim who after all was both a Master of the Art and a Deacon then he left to go to the Chantry library to look for the books you needed.

Narim smiled a little.
"What a polite kid Miss Mar's apprentice is, Jeffry must be proud of his ehm, grand apprentice."
He said.
"A grand apprentice...I am still coming to terms with actually having an apprentice, someone to teach, protect and who depend on me, it is rather overwhelming."

At this point your phone rang and you could see it was Richard calling.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:29 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Moloch that is from that Cult of Ecstasy Seer's visions right? What do that have to do with Wallace Jace?"
The prisoner asked and he raised and eyebrow.
"I can by that he want to rule rather than the destroy the world though he is...an asshole."
He agreed.
"We lost a member who just left when we started working with the ghosts, took her things and her familiar and left."
Colin frowned, "That's who first wrote of the threat, yes... Wallace Jace is... perhaps not aware of the danger, but if we can't get his Forest - a captive Psychopomp - then the one who will become Moloch in this time will get it and devour all the magic of the world, an unstoppable, perfect, Static abomination. And I... will be the only magical being to survive, doomed to watch it all, imprisoned and insane. I alone am untouchable by Moloch, but that's little comfort when I am not strong enough to defeat him..."

Anja wrote:"I would appreciate it if the girl was allowed to live. As for how conscious her Avatar is, it is fairly simple she have never been able to learn very advanced magick so I have focused on teaching her to be creative with what she got, there are some limits usually to a shard cluster or so I read about them, they are not exactly common, but those shards are sharp so I am not so sure I would want to touch the cluster."
The Nephandus said with a nod.
He nodded, "They are usually limited... though... hum... tell me, are you perchance a Fallen Hermetic? I might have an idea..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:57 am

[Basement]

Colin frowned, "That's who first wrote of the threat, yes... Wallace Jace is... perhaps not aware of the danger, but if we can't get his Forest - a captive Psychopomp - then the one who will become Moloch in this time will get it and devour all the magic of the world, an unstoppable, perfect, Static abomination. And I... will be the only magical being to survive, doomed to watch it all, imprisoned and insane. I alone am untouchable by Moloch, but that's little comfort when I am not strong enough to defeat him..."

"Well shit, my own fate seam positively benign next to that."
The Nephandus said and he sigh.
"This is all way above my pay grade though, if Jace have a Psycopomp then I know nothing about that."

He nodded, "They are usually limited... though... hum... tell me, are you perchance a Fallen Hermetic? I might have an idea..."

"I was told so by a Void Engineer yes that when flying into fragment clouds if any sleeper crew was outside they would become Awakened but it would be limited but hey it is not about how powerful you are but what you do with the power you got eh."
The prisoner said then he shook his head.
"No I am a widderlsiante Orphan. I was taken in by a Verbena Barrabus though and taught blood magick, but I have never been a Hermetic, why are you asking?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:08 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Well shit, my own fate seam positively benign next to that."
The Nephandus said and he sigh.
"This is all way above my pay grade though, if Jace have a Psycopomp then I know nothing about that."
Colin nodded, "I wouldn't expect you to know about that. We know he hid it with Lily the Slaver, so that's causing us a bit of difficulty for now..."

Anja wrote:"I was told so by a Void Engineer yes that when flying into fragment clouds if any sleeper crew was outside they would become Awakened but it would be limited but hey it is not about how powerful you are but what you do with the power you got eh."
The prisoner said then he shook his head.
"No I am a widderlsiante Orphan. I was taken in by a Verbena Barrabus though and taught blood magick, but I have never been a Hermetic, why are you asking?"
He smiled wryly, "Indeed, it is all about how clever you can get... And yes, it seems shard clusters are normally limited, though... exceptions occur."
He nodded, "Just checking... Had you been Hermetic, then there would have been some... legal maneuvers I might have been able to pull. But it would have been a tall order, even so. I might be able to save her under the pretense of research, though - having a certain amount of interest in shard clusters, and knowing a few particularly well-placed individuals who also specialize in Avatars."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:33 am

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "I wouldn't expect you to know about that. We know he hid it with Lily the Slaver, so that's causing us a bit of difficulty for now..."

"Hum...well like I said it is above my pay grade I really can not comment on it."
The prisoner replied.

He smiled wryly, "Indeed, it is all about how clever you can get... And yes, it seems shard clusters are normally limited, though... exceptions occur."

"I do not really know that much about them other than that my apprentice's Avatar is a collection of tiny Avatar shards rather than one complete piece."
The Nephandus replied.

He nodded, "Just checking... Had you been Hermetic, then there would have been some... legal maneuvers I might have been able to pull. But it would have been a tall order, even so. I might be able to save her under the pretense of research, though - having a certain amount of interest in shard clusters, and knowing a few particularly well-placed individuals who also specialize in Avatars."

"I have heard about that rule but no I am not a Hermetic nor have I ever been a member of the Council of the Nine Mystic Traditions unless you count having been taught by a Verbena Barrabus."
The prisoner said.
"I would be grateful if you would find a way to save my apprentice though, if the Labyrinth is indeed invaded. My Avatar is...old and she have been Fallen for so many lives, she is tired my fate while I fear it is no great tragedy but I would prefer if the kid did not face the same, students you know, you get to care about them even if perhaps you should not it is hard to avoid it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next